Speaker 1: Three one Austin dot com.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the JB and Sandy Show on Austin's eighty station one O three point one. All right, thanks for being with us. My name is Sandy, This is JB. Hello, Tricia's here too. Hi everybody, and uh, the ACL Festival. The announcement has come out. Who's playing ACL. We got that for you in just a sec. But first I gotta play a talkback for you guys that we got Tricia was it's dealing with you talking about the girl, the actress in the movie Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.
Speaker 3: With Brad Pitt.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, her very first movie, yep, and she gets to make out with Brad Pitt.
Speaker 4: All she does in the movie is make out with Brad the little hippie girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, right, and Tricia insanely jealous.
Speaker 1: Yeah of this girl.
Speaker 2: Of whoever she is, well, one of our listeners knows who she is, and it might make sense how she got this job when you hear this, That.
Speaker 4: Actress that was in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was actually Andy McDowell's daughter, the actress that was in Groundhog's Day.
Speaker 1: So she it's nepotism. Bye.
Speaker 4: She's one Lucky McDowell.
Speaker 1: I haven't heard that name in a minute. Yeah, it's been a while.
Speaker 3: I can't even picture her.
Speaker 1: To be honest with you, you.
Speaker 4: Would totally recognize her, Yeah, you definitely would. She had curly black hair, very tall. You look up a picture of you'll totally she.
Speaker 2: And Andy with an ietually so oh okay, yeah, yeah, yea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember Andy McDowell now, sure sure, well her daughter got a good gig.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she did good for her.
Speaker 4: I mean if she never did a movie again, I feel like she'd be like, I'm good.
Speaker 2: Right, you guys, use the talkback feature on the iHeartRadio app. Just tap the microphone, send us a message. We love hearing from you. The headliners for the Austin City Limits Music Festival have been announced, and the reason that, well a lot of reasons that I know this, since that I know this, but our daughter posted it on her Instagram account, which is her subtle way of saying that she wants to go to the.
Speaker 3: Austin Lemon's Music Festival.
Speaker 2: Headliner Sabrina Carpenter, Josier Doja, Cat, Luke Comb's The Strokes, and I've never heard of John Summit before.
Speaker 3: But he's headlighting, so he must be a big deal. I don't know. Does anyone know John Summon.
Speaker 2: I've never heard of him either, I have it either. It's at Zilker Park. Of course. October third to fifth is the first weekend. Then October ten through twelfth is the second weekend. And I wonder, and but I doubt that they're going to dial back the number of tickets that they sell, because that's been the rub on that is that it's just over sold.
Speaker 4: I ever sold, ridiculously crowded. You feel like cattle trying to get in. Remember when we were. They have the paths blocked off for you to get to the entrance, and then it just kind of all piles.
Speaker 1: Up at the entrance.
Speaker 4: It narrows down and narrows down. Our daughter for sure wants to go. She's going to want to go with friends. She'll be sixteen. Would we possibly let her go alone to acl sixteen?
Speaker 3: Based on her past? Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean she hasn't given a reason not to trust her.
Speaker 3: Is that exactly?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, yeah, And it wouldn't be that I would be afraid she would do something. I'm just saying, do we throw her into that pit the first time she goes, you know, to a to a giant concert by herself.
Speaker 1: Would ACL be a good one?
Speaker 3: Yeah? But I think I think so. And I don't think she's a jump into the pit.
Speaker 4: Kid, No, no, don I just mean the big giant venue, the park and all the people. And I was worried when we took her in a friend a couple of years ago, that I was going to take her friend home and he's going to be high as a kite, because you know what I mean, Like, I mean, there's a lot going on.
Speaker 5: He sounds so nerdy right now, I know I might have to take him. How many might be as high as a kite? I mean he couldn't breathe, dawn, I mean high people don't or not just as easy to drive as.
Speaker 1: That's true, you know. So it's funny.
Speaker 5: I was chatting with my daughter who's twenty three, about the list because I saw it and I was like, eh, which is what tends to happen. She's much more in the wheelhouse, and she was like, did you see the ACL festival lineup? It's awesome? So I defer to her that it is an awesome lineup. Some of the other names that stood out to me that they were more in Maya Wheelhouse were Cage the Elephant, Rylo Kaylie, Modest Mouse, Japanese Breakfast. I'm a fan of that girl. She wrote a I want to read her biography or whatever it is. It's called crying Crying in h Mart, crying my eyes out in h Mart. I think she's of Korean descent and it's called Japanese Breakfast. But anyhow, she's super talented.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: There were a few others that jumped Passion Pit, Fantagram jumped out at me, Anderson East. There's a lot of good stuff in there. But you know what I feel like it is these mega festivals, or at least at least a clfest is sort of backing off on the mega mega mega act, like we got to have Kanye or Rolling Stone.
Speaker 3: Yeah you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, there's nothing that I would say is like so huge that oh I got to go because it's Paul McCartney, you know what I mean, right right, right right, which might help. But the wheel is pretty good, you know that's I think that's done out of superstition because they've played every year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean they opened it every year, the first act every single year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they they I think they actually played before the gates open. They just told them gates open at ten to sleep at the wheel at nine.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 2: I heard a song though the other day that I really liked, and of course I can't remember the name of it, but it was Ray Benson and Radney Foster.
Speaker 3: And it was good.
Speaker 5: I didn't I'm a Radney Foster fan, so I don't know that tune.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know this song came. I'll find it later. So Austin cea Limit's Music Festival. I Trisha, if you're asking me me my vote on whether or not our sixteen year old can go with a crew of friends. My vote is yes, just simply based on she's not given us a reason not to now.
Speaker 3: She could between now and then.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you know what it's it's believe me, if I could do all my parenting over again, I would I would opt for that. But I think that's a really good approach to say that. So yeah, I think we would love for you to go. You don't have to go with your parents. Have fun, But tell her what you just said, right, You had never given us a reason not to trust you. Right, if that changes, this all changes. Yeah, Like that's good. That's a really good thing to say. Now, my daughter would have thrown it all out the window, but I think there's hope.
Speaker 3: With your daughter.
Speaker 2: Coming up all the show today, JB was on a trip to Colorado and was there to do a bike ride with a buddy and things did not go well for mister j B.
Speaker 3: He's got the bruises to prove.
Speaker 1: It, mister JB.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it might be one of those things where you've got to go look at our socials just to see how banged up I am.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get into that and just a little bit, probably about seven twenty five ish and up next, Trista's got the story we love.
Speaker 3: What do you have?
Speaker 4: So? Uber has announced that they are launching a pilot program in Austin for a certain age group of writers. And I don't think I actually qualify for this pilot, but I really.
Speaker 1: Want in on it. It sounds pretty good, all right.
Speaker 2: Details are coming up on Austin's eighty station on three point one. Uber is testing something new in Austin, and Tristia's got the details coming up in just a second the story we love you know. Just a little bit ago, we were talking about the lineup for the ACL Festival in October at Zilker Park. I don't know if anyone cares, but last weekend the Garth Brooks ACL Hall of Fame episode aired on PBS and I watched part of it.
Speaker 3: It was pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was good.
Speaker 3: I mean, Garth's Garth and he does know he.
Speaker 1: Was going into the ACL Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: Fame. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: And what was cool is because I remember when that first came out, we were like, well, what has he got to do with Austin City Limits.
Speaker 3: Well, he actually has a lot to do with that.
Speaker 2: And they tell the story of how he pitched the the the ACL people to come play the show, like he kept coming asking him and asking him and asking him to come play it, and they finally let him play this.
Speaker 3: So this is twenty something years ago.
Speaker 5: At that time, they were very old music, yes, and he was way too progressive I'm sure for what they were doing at that.
Speaker 2: Time exactly, And he finally got to play it. And now ever since then, anytime the director of Austin City Limits need something, Garth is always like, heck, yeah, heck, yeah.
Speaker 3: Whatever he needs, whatever he needs, whatever he needs.
Speaker 2: And it was cool because he also said something that made me rethink the artists that play Austin City Limits. And what he said is that he goes with Austin City Limits limits, it's not a bunch of smoke and mirrors. And he's like, trust me, I've used them all with the smoking, smoke and mirrors. And he goes and I'll tell you what was told me by other musicians that have played Austin City Limits, and he said, other musicians have told me that when you play Austin City Limits, you're the real deal.
Speaker 3: You're like, you're the you're legit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you play Austin City Limits, you know, which is a great way to really sum that show up and what it's all about, which is cool.
Speaker 4: I think his wife played a concert too last week and as well so on the episode.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's on the episode, but I know she played in Austin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, I'm sorry, Jimmy, what are you gonna say?
Speaker 5: No, I just it's it's like a little bit of immortality, I think is how they look at it, like you're legit, like playing Grand old Opry's probably wanted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, very much like that. So anyway, ah, yeah it aired over the weekend. I'm sure you know they re air that stuff all the time.
Speaker 6: Sillyes you like our ai jingles JB.
Speaker 1: Wow, you know it's a little much in it.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: It sounds like a like a Nickelodeon show. It does like I should come be bopping out to be my story.
Speaker 3: It's catchy.
Speaker 1: It is catchy.
Speaker 4: So, according to a press release, Uber is rolling out a pilot program for seniors. It's a Senior's Account program. It's uh rolling out in Austin. First that it's an an option on the app that's designed to make getting around easier, more in two and more accessible for older adults. Some of the features of the Senior app larger text, fewer steps, and optional support from loved ones.
Speaker 1: I was like, I think I would like that.
Speaker 4: Meaning if somebody, if an older adult books a ride and they start getting confused, it notifies somebody on their account as an emergency contact that can help them figure it out, can help them speak with the driver. Perhaps the key features for the Senior account simplified booking. Sometimes it gets confusing booking them if you're not used to doing it. Saved places, meaning if you go to a doctor's appointment all the time or to this one location all the time, that is going to show up in your account for the driver to help get you there. Flexible payment options so you can use your card, you can use a family member's card on file flex cards for medical trips, so different payment options. Live tracking so loved ones can keep track of there you are and help when needed. Again, family organizers who are on your account can be contacted if there's any kind of an issue.
Speaker 2: Is there anything in there about voice recognition? Like my mom has lost sight in one eye and she's struggling with trying to keep the other eye and right not real good, So I'm just wondering if she could say, you know, Uber, I need a ride or something to you know, just voice, just use your voice instead of right.
Speaker 4: No, I don't see anything mentioned about voice recognition, but they're just simply they apparently did some sort of a survey and overwhelmingly it was too confusing. So they're saying they're trying to make the technology helpful not overwhelming for the older generation, which I think I'm on the cusp of being in that older generation, and I'm like, can I.
Speaker 1: Get the larger text in this simplified bookings? So I think that's very very cool. They did something like this for teen accounts. A couple of years ago.
Speaker 4: They did a pilot for teen writers that apparently was pretty successful.
Speaker 2: I think it's a great idea because your parents get older and at some point, like my dad is eight almost eighty five and probably should not be driving, right, but he still does. And just to make it easier for senior citizens to get around, I mean, they got a lot of doctor's appointments, right, they really do. And they still have regular errands and grocery stores and all that.
Speaker 5: And if you want to go out, especially in a town like this, you want to go out to Ego downtown. It's not like the old days where you just park and went in. Yeah, take an uber, don't deal with a car.
Speaker 2: I think they probably need to screen that have certain drivers for that too, like people that are up for doing the extra that a senior citizen would need.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like, I bet you do have the option to sign up to be in that program or not.
Speaker 1: Right, So the first question.
Speaker 5: If you want to be one of those drivers, do you like where there's candy.
Speaker 2: I would have him in my car if I was a driver, I would have them already.
Speaker 4: I think they should always be in the car, no matter how old you are, because they're delicious.
Speaker 2: I've always been impressed with the Uber driver that's got like a bottle of water in the car for you, especially in the summertime. That's nice, right, a little extra touch for it. So, Jamie, have you gotten a Weaimo yet? I know you're waiting. I have not.
Speaker 5: You know you can't. They are in partnership with Uber in Austin. You cannot just request a Weeimo. The autonomous, the jag the white jaguare cars with Weimo.
Speaker 1: It's random, it's luck of the draw. And they're all over my neighborhood. I've been wanting to try one, but I have not.
Speaker 2: I was behind one recently downtown off of like tenth in Congress, right behind it at stop, like right in front of the Stephen F.
Speaker 3: Austin Hotel.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I was mesmerized by it.
Speaker 4: I was downtown Saturday and I probably saw five of them within a two mile radius of all over everywhere.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. Yeah, it's the future, though, for sure. Definitely that is the story we loved