Speaker 1: This is Dan Capless and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: Hello everyone, this is Heidigan All filling in for Dan Caplis this lovely Wednesday night.
Speaker 3: It's hot out there.
Speaker 2: It's what one hundred degrees today, pretty toasty, but beautiful, beautiful Colorado summer day. One of the things that I noticed when I was traveling abroad was like, the climate here in Colorado is just different.
Speaker 3: There's not a lot of humidity.
Speaker 2: But no matter how hot it is, it's still pretty nice out But one of the things that it affords us to do is really enjoy our outdoors. And tomorrow I'm actually getting on an airplane again to go to Washington, DC for a board meeting. I'm on the board of the American Conservation Coalition. It's called ACC and it is a really cool organization that helped President Trump put together a really neat executive order called Make America Beautiful Again.
Speaker 3: And why is this important?
Speaker 2: Well, this is important because one of the things that Colorado young people care most about is our environment.
Speaker 3: They want clean land, clean air, clean water, and.
Speaker 2: Yes, they care about climate change, even conservative young people. And the Make America Beautiful Act is President Trump's way of supporting the idea that we are actually the.
Speaker 3: Party of conservation.
Speaker 2: We're the party of Teddy Roosevelt, the original conservation guy, and we have great ideas on how to make our air, water, and land cleaner and better protected. And it's not just all about climate change. It's about making sure that we support the people who make a living off the land, the ranchers, the farmers, the great people across the state of Colorado that have been here for generations and generations, and making sure that they are part of the conversation which absolutely has not been happening in Colorado, as evidenced by the whole wolves conversation and that debacle that's been the role out of introducing wolves back into our state. So I'm going to meet with the fellow board members. Corey Gardner's very involved in this group, so is Chris Wright, who's now our energy secretary. They've got over eighty thousand members across the country at college campuses across the United States, that are involved in ACC, young people that care deeply about this and are taking the conversation back from the left about who really cares about the environment.
Speaker 3: Well, I think all young people care about the environment.
Speaker 2: But I think we have better solutions and all of the above energy approach, using nuclear energy where we can, and making sure that there's reasonable approaches to conservation of land, working with our ranchers, our farmers, the folks on the ground that have been here for generations and generations. So I think this has to be a really big part of our strategy. Ward's communicating with young conservatives in Colorado, with young people in general on college campuses too, So I would encourage all of you to go check out the website ACC dot eco. I also just wrote an article in Rocky Mountain Voice about MABA make America Beautiful Again, And you can learn a lot more about this movement by finding that article on R and V Rocky Mountain Voice dot com. It's I think you just search MABA or look in the last couple of days it came out, or look on my social media.
Speaker 3: But it's really really.
Speaker 2: Important to meet young people where they are and this is an issue they care deeply about and you know, Ryan, I think it's part of this whole approach to bringing young people into the party.
Speaker 3: We've got to meet.
Speaker 2: Them where they are on issues that they care about. And I think this is a really important one in Colorado as we enjoy this beautiful state in this beautiful summer. I think it's got to be a conversation that we take back from the left.
Speaker 3: What are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 4: I mean, there's got to be a way, right.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think we made headway, and there's just such a there's so much ground to be made up. And I thought the campaign that you ran against Jared Polis was as well as any individual could ron, especially against someone of his means.
Speaker 4: That was always like, you know.
Speaker 5: The big obstacle was that he was independently wealthy and could spend his own money on his campaign. And that's an observation that Dan made many times. But are there vulnerable candidates? I mean, you can't sit there and tell me that Michael Bennett is some kind of invincible force. You know, even Kyle Clark, comrade Kyle, our good friend, calls him a cicada because he only comes around every thirteen years to be heard or seen. And that's a derisive comment in and of itself from a media member of the left. And he has to me the favorite because Phil none the Wiser is exactly that refuses.
Speaker 3: To run the Wiser. I have not heard that before. That's hilarious.
Speaker 5: Dan claims it was in existence like long before I coined it.
Speaker 4: That's false, that's fake news. But what Phil didn't do was step up.
Speaker 5: And let's just I'm just objectively offering a Nichols worth of free advice to Phil Wiser on his campaign if he's going to run head to head against Bennett, who has better name recognition, certainly nationally. And Michael Bennett comes out and says, well, I'm gonna hold onto my Senate seat, you know, till I'm governor that I could pick my successor.
Speaker 4: He's like, no, no, no, bro, you're gonna run.
Speaker 5: Then you leave the Senate seat behind and then Jared Paulus fills it and then you focus on the governor's race. But he doesn't want to do that. Once that was cake and eat it too. Wiser should have went all in on that crickets. So you know, got to figure that Bennett's the favorite.
Speaker 3: I guess yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: But have you heard and speaking of the environment, talking about Colorado and conservation, that Ken Salazar is going to jump in? Who was the previous Department of Interior secretary correct under Obama?
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, that's a pretty big name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've heard rumblings about that. Nothing yet, but I hear things they're teeing up for him to.
Speaker 3: Take on Michael Bennett and Phil Wiser. Where do you think that would bring to the race.
Speaker 5: I think that could be a game changer in triangulating not only the party and the voters within the Democratic Party. He would participate in the primary, But where does the money go? Where do the donors go? Are they automatically going to line up behind Bennett or sell Us?
Speaker 4: Are you knows.
Speaker 5: Well connected in Colorado politics himself? Might he drain some of that support away from Bennett and make it an actual race? Because I don't see if it's head to head basically essentially, what it boils down to Bennett versus Wise or the field stands a chance?
Speaker 4: But Salas, are you know now you got three in the race that could change the dynamic a little bit.
Speaker 2: I think well, I mean I think back to our conversation about who's running on the conservative side. I have heard and today Colorada Times a Quarter, which I don't think of as media, they're a Democrat propaganda site, but they researched and found that Barb Kirkmeyer had registered Kirkmeyer for governor.
Speaker 3: And I've heard that she's going to jump in, or she was looking at some polling, but I don't know what.
Speaker 2: If she's looking at polling that says that, wow, we have a great shot at pulling this off, like I don't.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen that anywhere.
Speaker 2: So I think Barb a great state senator. I think we've got sixteen people already running. I've heard Bobby Daniel from the Western Slope is going to jump in.
Speaker 3: We'd love to have some more ladies in the race.
Speaker 2: But this is all going to come down to money, Monney money. I can't and I wish I hadn't learned this lesson the hard way, But I learned that I was naive enough to think I could outwork the money thirty three million dollars worth compared to our four or five million dollars.
Speaker 3: But the candidates that I've been talking to, I asked.
Speaker 2: Them that question, where are you getting the money to do this, How are you going to outraise the other people to win the primary or to win the general. I haven't heard any good answers to that question. So that's my biggest worry on the Republican side is that people are thinking that they can outwork the money, and I learned that lesson the hard way. It doesn't work that way. You got to at least stay even with them. What are your thoughts on that. Have you seen anything or heard anything that we should feel.
Speaker 3: Differently about that?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: I think the blueprint would be similar to the national scene, and how do Republicans rest back power? We did so with an independently wealthy billionaire in the form of Donald Trump.
Speaker 4: Even before that, either.
Speaker 5: Bush, Herbert Walker, Bush, or w that's a wealthy family that was able to kind of use that as a culgel in politics. We haven't seen really that voice on our side of the aisle break through in any meaningful way. I'm trying to think of a state level race too, not just hear in Colorado, but nationwide where maybe a populist voice that wasn't wealthy was able to overcome that enormous obstacle. That is just kind of the unspoken rule in politics now, which is where the dollars go the w's And I see that as being, like to your point, in your race, an insurmountable obstacles. So how do we overcome that here in Colorado when the resources are already kind of stacked against us as an advantage for Democrats?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, and I don't have an answer to that. I'm pretty in tune with all the donors in Colorado a nationwide now, and I understand their concerns that we just.
Speaker 3: Don't see it. We don't see a path forward here.
Speaker 2: We're rebuilding that, we're doing everything we can to put the infrastructure in place to make that happen. And I want to be optimistic, and we need good candidates running, but they've got to make fundraising a huge priority.
Speaker 3: And they've also been quiet on the issue of.
Speaker 2: Election integrity, which is shocking to me because a lot of the people running for governor have been very loud and vocal about, oh, the elections are stolen, like we don't feel comfortable, like our vote matters, and yet they're not talking about what's going to change to get them elected, like what's going to happen what work are they doing to make sure that our vote is counted fairly and that the elections are like on the up and up.
Speaker 3: I don't hear anybody talking about that.
Speaker 5: And it's another thing too to overcome the inherent media coverage obstacle in this state in particular as well, and you see it in the form.
Speaker 4: I think a good.
Speaker 5: Example of how our party was able to get a very significant win was in the eighth congressional district with Gabe Evans against Yudira Caravel. And there were a lot of negative ads as you might recall from the Democratic Party against Gabe late in that race, and yet he was.
Speaker 4: Still able to pull out a victory.
Speaker 5: I think he might lend himself to being able to show that roadmap or provide that guidance for somebody to based on his message, which he was very good at delivering, the debate performance that he had against you Deira Caravale, which I thought was a total mismatch, and winning a seat that was narrowly lost before by the aforementioned Barb Kirkmeyer. So I think there's an element of strategy that could be involved here that could be winning. But we're talking about state wide races, and that's a totally different ballgame, as you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he.
Speaker 2: Had the NRCC behind him right like they wanted to play nationally in that race, and same in CD three, And that makes a huge difference. If you don't have the RNC or the RGA which is the Governor Association, or the NRSC which is the Senate which I don't think the Senate National Senate Committee's going to put any money into the national in the Senate race here.
Speaker 3: Then that's a big issue.
Speaker 2: That's ten twenty thirty million dollars that you're missing, and the campaign finance laws make it incredibly difficult to compete with that without a pack or outside dark money to make that happen. So I think we've got our candidates need to start talking about how they're going to raise the money to be competitive, how they're going to deal with election integrity, how they're going to deal with the liberal media, Like how are they going to get their message out? They're not calling Rocky Mountain Voice and saying, hey, we need to help, we need to get you guys, you know, reaching out to a million people, not just two hundred thousand, you know, I just it's a little discouraging, and I would say that the candidates who do come out of the gate and can talk about solutions for those problems are going to have a better shot at winning the primary. But we've got a lot more to talk about on this front, Ryan, I know, I want to pick your brain on some other things around the upcoming elections. So this is iiding and all filling in for Dan Kaplis. We'll be back in just a few minutes to continue the conversation.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dan Kapliss Show podcast.
Speaker 6: Sebastian is not the only one who's sick and tired of taking off your shoes at the airport and seeing other people's feet. What are we talking about here? We'll get this, going through airport security.
Speaker 4: Is too much of a hassle.
Speaker 6: Fifty nine percent fifty nine percent a flyer say it is too much of a hassle. And amongst those who haven't signed up for TSA prechecks, such as myself, we're talking over sixty percent of those flyers say going through airport security is too much of a hassle. But it's not just that it's a hassle to take off your shoes. It's also that Americans didn't think it was actually doing anything. What are we talking about here, taking off shoes at airport security?
Speaker 4: Very effective security measure?
Speaker 6: Only twenty six percent of Americans said it was a very effective security measure. And get this, They asked Americans to rate seven different ways in which the airport was trying to ensure security. Guess we're taking off your shoes r In terms of those seven different ways, it ranked seventh out of seventh when it came to very effective security measures. Of course, there is a whole question of whether or not this will impact whether folks like myself actually sign up for TSA PreCheck. And indeed, when we're talking about Department of Homeland Security Trusted Traveler programs for expedited screening, including TSA PreCheck, get this, over forty million Americans are signed up for it. Will folks actually stay signed up now that you don't have to take your shoes off anymore? Well, maybe so, because keep in mind, you're still going to have to take off your jacket if you're not signed up for a DHS Trusted Traveler program.
Speaker 4: So I guess the.
Speaker 6: Question is, is taking off your shoes really that much to go back? To the old ways.
Speaker 2: I guess, oh, Ryan, this is such a pet peeve of mine.
Speaker 4: Mask flying, I was just flying.
Speaker 3: I'm in a flagon tomorrow, and it's just it's like the silliest I mean, I get why they did it.
Speaker 2: They were but I read a really funny post or somebody said the man who unsuccessfully tried to do the shoe bomb thing irritated, annoyed, and just destroyed people, more people in the world than any other human being on the planet. Like he's the most annoying person on the planet. For the last twenty years, he's made everybody take off their shoes.
Speaker 5: Well you remember who that was. No, his name was Richard Reid, and I think it was a flight either two or from France. And do you know where he's currently serving his time, No, Florence Supermax.
Speaker 4: Right here in Colorado. Yeah, seriously, true story.
Speaker 3: He needs to be in jail for making all of us do that for twenty years. That was ridiculous.
Speaker 5: Should be slapped across the face with a shoe every day, because yeah, that was his action. It happened right around the same time as nine to eleven. I mean, we're going back almost twenty five years now. And that's when we had to start taking off our shoes. I remember distinctly, Heidi, the only marathon I've ever completed was July two thousand and one, right before nine to eleven, like not even two full months before nine to eleven, and I flew to San Diego, and I remember distinctly just getting on the plane. Now there's security, but you know, just kind of walk on through. You get on the plane, you get off the plane. That was the last time I ever.
Speaker 4: Flew like that.
Speaker 2: Ah, it's just it's so it's such a process now to fly. And the parking at DA is so bad. You literally have to park in far reaches of Aurara.
Speaker 4: Get to the air Do you have tsa pre check?
Speaker 3: I do, and I have clear I have everything. Wow, it doesn't help.
Speaker 4: Well, wait a minute.
Speaker 5: I'll give DIA some credit because we know they get a lot of criticism. And I heard Mike Johnston, the mayor, you know how his voice is on the shuttle and you're going there, we're now the fifth most busy airport in the world.
Speaker 4: Like that's not great.
Speaker 5: He leaves it hanging, goes can you name the top four? And he never gives the answer. It's like, well, wait a minute, what was the answer, Mayor Mike. But I do like the did some reconstruction on the line for TSA pre check and clear and how you go in, and it's pretty streamlined and it's pretty quick, and I do appreciate that.
Speaker 4: If you say so, I think so.
Speaker 5: I mean better than it was because remember you go through the rat maze.
Speaker 4: And everybody else. That's true, it's totally separate entrance.
Speaker 5: Now for those of us that and it's that what is a fifty bucks You pay that in advance, you get a security clearance check for TSA pre for five years.
Speaker 2: Yes, you actually have to go to the airport and interview and you have a certain time slot. If you don't show up, it takes another five months to get in. It's it's pretty hardcore to get that. But and clear you pay I think it's what one nine year But I travel all the time, so it's it's.
Speaker 4: Worth it for me.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing. This goes to a bigger issue. I don't know if you saw.
Speaker 2: One of the most important Supreme Court decisions I don't know in my lifetime, was made a couple of days ago, and it wasn't talked a lot about in the press, but it goes to bureaucracy, goes to TSA and government employees. It actually allows Trump administration, the Trump administration to downsize these agencies and actually lay people.
Speaker 3: Off, which has been a huge issue.
Speaker 2: One of the things that I talked to Will Traigman, a friend of mine who runs Mountain States Legal Foundation.
Speaker 3: He's a great guy.
Speaker 2: He worked for the Office of Civil Rights under Betsy Devas, and he said, there's this thing called burrowing in and you may have heard this, where they the presidents or the staff, hire all these people and it's almost impossible to fire them or get rid of them. And so every new administration that comes in has to make a decision, especially if they're conservative. They can't downsize because then they're outnumbered because they can't lay people off, and then they end up in lawsuits anyway. So they have to add more people so that they're not outnumbered, which just grows it and grows it and grows it. So the Supreme Court actually said a couple days ago that they can downsize these agencies. It's going to be magic. It's beautiful. It's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 3: Super excited to see that happen.
Speaker 2: This is Hidi gan All filling in for Dan Caplis with my friend Ryan Schulling. We'll be back after the break.
Speaker 4: You're listening to the Dankplis Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Oh hello, it's.
Speaker 2: Heidi Ganol filling in for Dan Caplis here with my friend Ryan.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 2: Ryan, I got some good text messages with tips I'm parking at DIA while we were on break. So this one says, Hi, do you use fine f I n E parking at da seamless?
Speaker 4: Never heard of it?
Speaker 3: I haven't either, but I'm gonna look it up.
Speaker 2: And then this texture says, I don't recommend parking at the airport, too many incidents of stolen cars and catalytic converters. But if you do park, I like Wally park, reserve your spot ahead of time.
Speaker 3: That's asking a lot from me.
Speaker 4: You know where that text came from.
Speaker 5: No five feet to my left, No of Alexa, beautiful Alexa.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but Alexa like everywhere.
Speaker 3: I'm so bad at planning ahead of time for this stuff, even the day of. Is there an app or what do you do?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I have?
Speaker 7: I think my husband's use that app. Okay, think there is an app, but very easy. You tell them what time your flight leaves and what time you land, and you just call them when you land and they're there.
Speaker 3: So all right, well that's good news. That's good news. I will try it.
Speaker 2: I think I'm gonna uber tomorrow, but or actually just take a car since I'm gonna be on like a couple of days. But I there's another article in Rocky Mountain Boye. I want to bring everyone's attention. And like I said, I've been gone so I haven't paid close attention to what's going on here, but maybe you have. Ryan Paulo's just called for a special session in August because Trump's budget bombshell blew a one billion dollar hole in Colorado's finances.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 2: Now, when I dug into this, here's what's really going on. They're blaming it on the bill. But what actually is going on is that they're requiring through the bill for people to work, if they're able bodied, to get Medicaid benefits.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: So I don't think that's asking too much. No, I don't think most Americans think that's asking for too much. But the other thing is they're asking for the states to make sure that people are eligible for Medicaid benefits twice a year before we pay out big sums of money to help, you know, cover them and make sure that they're not illegally here. And the other reason that Colorado is going to be in such a hole is let me pull this up because I want to. I don't want to mess this up, right, But.
Speaker 3: The bill cuts.
Speaker 2: From ninety percent to a much lower percentage the portion of costs the federal government will pay for emergency only Medicaid services for otherwise ineligible non citizens. Oh so they're still going to pay for some of this for people who aren't citizens for emergency only services, but it's just down from ninety percent to fifty percent. So the states have to decide if they're going to kick in that extra amount. So again this goes back to the effects of immigration on our state, on our country, and we got to take care of our own citizens first.
Speaker 5: Think about the budget shortfall in the city of Denver too that may Or Mike Johnson is facing, and why because it is a bottomless pit of a so called investment in accommodating illegal aliens ahead of our own citizens, and so they're looking to lay people off to fire people, to cut staff, to cut parks and wreck, to cut out of their services provided by the city, all for what I would say is a boondoggle investment that you don't get a return on that investment in Roli, so to speak, you're just kind of paying this out. Nothing's coming in. The tax base is leaving. So those that you would like to collect taxes on business owners, restaurant owners, et cetera, they're fleeing, they're getting out of town. So that's another problem where you get upside down in all of this. And then it goes back to the point that I was discussing with Representative Gabe Evans in an interview I conducted with him recently, which is, if we're against waste, fraud and abuse in the big beautiful bill when it comes to Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security benefits, then therefore the conclusion you can draw is the Democrats, as you just kind of pointed out, they support waste, fraud and abuse and excess of spending that should be cut.
Speaker 2: Okay, So how do we get through to the voters in Colorado that this is what they're voting for, because obviously I don't think they're conscious of that, or they just so blindly following the Democrat mantras that they don't want to know or ignoring it what's going on here.
Speaker 5: I think it's a battle of information, and you know, people can seek out shows like this one or shows like mine and Denver and you know, find out what's really going on that cuts through the clutter and the white noise. It's being presented to them by the mainstream media, which is largely just lying to them and packaging it a certain way. But then again, you've got this kind of deluge of information for those that are kind of load to medium information voters. They're not really thinking about it. They're going about their everyday lives. They're working in their jobs, they don't have a lot of time to spare, and they're just being sold this bill of goods and fed this kind of information, and I don't think they really get to the heart of the matter as to what's really going on here. Where's the money going, where is it coming from, who's it being spent on, who's being prioritized And it's not the citizens of Denver, and it's not the citizens of Colorado.
Speaker 2: So Ryan, if you're a candidate running for governor or attorney general or.
Speaker 3: Treasurer, secretary of state.
Speaker 2: As a Republican, what do you do differently this time to wake people up?
Speaker 3: Is there anything you can do.
Speaker 2: Differently and pretend you don't have millions and millions of dollars? How can we approach this differently to give our candidates a shot without writing them a check for forty fifty million dollars?
Speaker 5: I think we need an exceptional communicator, somebody that that's front and center and how they operate, they run their ballgame, how they present themselves to the average voter, who they reach out to, what do they use to reach those people?
Speaker 4: And I think a lot of it.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately, because of the numbers game here is they're gonna have to go behind enemy lines, like do a sit down with Kyle Clark. I know, I know, I'm aware of it. Well, I get through to people that might not otherwise.
Speaker 2: See, you work for Greg Lopez. He got destroyed by Kyle and they use that clip in every negative ad against him.
Speaker 4: Yes, yep, that's the risk, that's the risk.
Speaker 5: But I don't know how otherwise you penetrate into these markets, the Denver Boulder corridor. You know, a rappa Hole County where I live, has gone from red in two thousand and four to deep blue now and again. It's a war of information and if you don't have the money kind of generate your own momentum in that regard, then you have to kind of win in Rome do as the Romans do.
Speaker 2: Are you watching New Jersey at all? And what's going on with the governor's race there?
Speaker 4: I have not heard a lot.
Speaker 2: It's cool Jack and I always mess up his name, CITRELLI who he and I texted a lot when we were running for governor in twenty two.
Speaker 3: He's running again and he's doing a great job. He's a great communicator. He's just New Jersey through and through. He's focusing on the right issues.
Speaker 2: And I actually think they have a chance of flipping things in New Jersey. But here's one thing that's happening that I think we need in Colorado is all the rest of the states are kind of seeing this momentum and this hope in New Jersey and get behind helping him. And so if we live in a state like Colorado where we kind of like, I don't know if we can do anything here, let's help another state flip and So what if we all get behind texting and calling and supporting voters in New Jersey and then what if next election they help us, Like what if we pool resources like that and get a lot more momentum going for certain states that actually we do see a glimmer of hope and we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. We got to push them over the finish line, which is actually what we did with the Road to Red project.
Speaker 3: In the twenty twenty four election.
Speaker 2: We all we got a bunch of women's groups on Colorado to get together and write handwritten postcards to women undecided voters in Philadelphia, and we kind of called them our sister state and we said, let's help there. We wrote over seven thousand handwritten postcards from women in Colorado, did this to women in Pennsylvania in Philadelphia who we knew were on the fence. Turning point gave us information to say, Okay, these are the women you want to reach out to. And we played a little role right in getting Donald Trump elected since Colorado didn't want to play ball there. But I think we could start to look at things that way, and maybe that's how we look at some of the races in Colorado too. We find races for state legislature or attorney General, secretary of state, whatever. Pick some races where we have a really good candidate who's messaging well, and we just focus our energy on winning, picking off just a couple, you know, a couple of these tough races. I think that's what happened with Rebecca Kelt down in Opaso County.
Speaker 3: She only won by three votes, but she won. I remember that, and everybody around the state was of like, I like that chick. She's good cheat.
Speaker 2: She ran for Congress before, and she was edgy and fun and I really enjoyed getting to know her on the campaign trail when I was running for region.
Speaker 3: I think it was.
Speaker 2: But you know, just maybe looking at some candidates that are out of the box, that are showing signs of doing things differently, and maybe they have.
Speaker 3: A great social media following.
Speaker 2: That's why Britta is having Aaron come to the Capitol Club meeting next week the seventeenth. You should really come check her out or check follow her on TikTok. It's Liberty and Logic. I think is her following or her handle.
Speaker 3: She's an unaffiliated.
Speaker 2: Voter, but very conservative, and she knocks it out of the park on socially. She has a great way of messaging things and she's shown us the way, and we got to find bright lights like that to do things differently in this coming election. All right, Ryan, I've rambled on a lot in this segment. We're going to come back and ramble a little bit more with your help and talk about how we can win in twenty six. This isol filling in for Dan Capless. We'll see you after the break.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dan Kapless Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Ryan, you are so good at catching these songs ramble on after I was rambling on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got it. You're so flooney, very quick.
Speaker 2: All right, This is Hidigan All I filled in for Jan Capless today. I wanted to finish up by giving you the correct handle for logic and liberty Logic and liberty at on TikTok. She has one hundred and forty thousand followers. She's right here in Colorado. Check her out. Also check out Isabelle Brown, our own Colorado girl, has a new platform with Daily Wire.
Speaker 3: Go check her out.
Speaker 2: She's got a new show, articles, a great article on motherhood, and of course my daughter Torriganol is doing the Mountain Minute every day in ninety second video. The news of the day can find out on Rocky Mountain Voice. There's some young up and comers you can follow and get the news and get a different perspective.
Speaker 3: Very very important to do.
Speaker 5: I think I think of Tori and that generation when you brought up the point going into the last break and how important it is to reach people where they are and how they listen. For instance, with this radio show, a lot of people do listen over the air still, but there are a lot of people that consume media in different ways now, so they'll listen to the podcast version of today's program, and so the younger people are moving in that direction. Similarly, you mentioned TikTok or Instagram or Facebook or x or any of these other platforms that had that viral moment.
Speaker 4: And even though.
Speaker 5: Mumbani or Mumdani rather in New York City, he had a very strong online presence. He's very online, very viral with videos and things. It doesn't really matter what he was saying, communist bunk, but people were kind of catching on to what he picking up what he's putting down. You know, he's young, he's a good looking guy, he's energetic. I think you got to have somebody who has that kind of force of personality, can convey it in a meaningful way, can connect with people on that level.
Speaker 4: That's not just nuts and bolts.
Speaker 5: Issue was oriented, although I think those are still important, but you got to get people's attention and how do you do that? And I think there's just newer that we got to update ourselves in the Republican Party to find those new avenues.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to wrap this up, a Yale youth poll was just done. There's an eighteen point partisan gap between younger and older members of Generation Z. So voters age twenty two to twenty nine favored Democrat candidates in the twenty six mid terms by six point four points, while those aged eighteen to twenty one favored Republicans by a margin of almost twelve points.
Speaker 4: Isn't that remarkable?
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: So we've got to engage those eighteen to twenty one year olds in a big, big way because they're going to vote our way, even in Colorado. So that's a tip for Britet I know she's listening, and for those of us working to turn this state around. It's eighteen to twenty one year olds that favor Republicans by a margin of eleven point seven points. And we do that on social media by having great fun events, making it fun to be a conservative again, by talking about conservative conservation and the environment, like acc dot Eco, the American Conservation Coalition, eighty thousand members of young people across the country. There's all kinds of new ways to engage young people. We've got to stay on top of that. That's the most important thing I think we can do in the Republican Party here in Colorado to secure our future here and to wake people up to vote differently.
Speaker 3: But Ryan, it's been a pleasure being with you today.
Speaker 2: I'm I had a lot of fun talking about all kinds of things, and thank you for tolerating my jet lag.
Speaker 4: How bad is it?
Speaker 3: It's okay.
Speaker 2: A few times I've said things, I'm like, is that my mouth connecting.
Speaker 7: To my.
Speaker 2: In fact, somebody texted, don't say see you after the break.
Speaker 5: I'm well, you'll see me. But yeah, that's that's actually a good point.
Speaker 3: I guess amateur hour here with him.
Speaker 5: No no, no, no, no, just a nitpicking picking of nits.
Speaker 3: That's okay.
Speaker 2: That's how we get better. We nit nitpick, right, But what are you up to this weekend?
Speaker 1: Ryan?
Speaker 3: You do anything fun?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 4: Kind of still in search mode.
Speaker 5: There's some music festivals and stuff going around in the area. I think Long Month's got one going long but yeah, and I'm not the one throwing it down.
Speaker 4: But yeah. Going with Christian Toto to a rodeo tonight.
Speaker 6: Nice.
Speaker 4: Not in the springs. Yeah, I guess you have roots.
Speaker 2: I do have roots in El Paso County. I'm a monument garrel. Yeah, okay, we did a little bit of rodeo. We had a lot of kids at school that were really into the rodeo because it was black forest and kind of rural El Paso County. It was a lot of fun and I think one of my favorite things is a see you regent was to go to the stock show and they would let us ride around in that stagecoach waving to people, and it was perilous, like the state.
Speaker 3: They go really fast and it almost tipped over a couple of times.
Speaker 2: But I love going to the stock Show, the rodeo there, and my kids loved mutton busting.
Speaker 3: You know that that's.
Speaker 5: They're advertising that at this very event, which is the Pike's Peak or bus. Sounds like there's a lot on the line rodeo down in the springs, and they mentioned what you just said, Mutt.
Speaker 3: It's really fun.
Speaker 2: It's like they keep the little kids on sheep. I hope I'm saying that right, and they just hold on for dear life and they go racing across until they fall off and get trampled.
Speaker 3: Sounds dangerous and a child that I know I will live. I will never name names. Was deepants in front of the whole by the sheep. Oh no, I know it was bad.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, I'm headed to d C. I'll be back. I'm going to the board meeting for American.
Speaker 2: Conservation Coalition, so we're having a full day board meeting on Friday and doing some other meetings while i'm there. And then I'm headed to Saint Louis to see my father in law, who I love dearly and help him with some doctor's appointments.
Speaker 5: So I'll be back on You probably already know this. Then you know where you got to go when you.
Speaker 3: Go to Saint Louis Cardinals game.
Speaker 4: No Ted drews oh I love Ted Drew.
Speaker 3: The custard Is.
Speaker 2: It's probably better than the gelato in Italy, which we ate so much.
Speaker 4: May I offer another recommendation, Saint Louis. This is where my grandfather once lived long ago.
Speaker 2: Pappies, I love pap alright, I'm not telling anything rightist to Pappies.
Speaker 4: Every time we say, you know, with GQ and all that.
Speaker 3: Funny about Saint Louis, they all talk about where they went to high school.
Speaker 4: They do still.
Speaker 2: Yes, if you meet somebody from Saint Louis, because my husband's from there, they say, oh, where'd you go to high school? Or they say, oh, I'm I lived in so so, I went to Webster Groves.
Speaker 3: And you're like, okay, I don't know anything about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's not compute, no.
Speaker 3: No, but it's it's a great town. Saint Louis has amazing food.
Speaker 2: Our favorite is a place called Ferrados in rock Hill and they have the very thin pizza.
Speaker 4: Now is rock Hill? I don't know if I can say this.
Speaker 5: They call it the Hill now and I'm just going to say, Yogie Barrows from there and Joe Garagiola Hall of Fame Baseball Players it was called. Now this is just what it's called tech messenger Daego.
Speaker 3: Hill, Oh jeez, are you are you gonna get candled?
Speaker 5: I think I am. That's what they called it. And it was like a bunch of Italian restaurants. And you know, I'm a Serb. I'm a little swarthy person, so I think I you know, but that's what it was called.
Speaker 4: Are you from the you're with this? Asked Jason about it.
Speaker 3: No, I'll ask Jesus.
Speaker 5: Definitely some Italian restaurants there that you want to They just call it the Hill.
Speaker 4: Now that's why I got confused. What hill did you say?
Speaker 1: Rock?
Speaker 4: Hill?
Speaker 3: Rocks the name of the neighborhood Rock.
Speaker 2: It's the neighborhood Webster Groves High School or Brentwood High School.
Speaker 4: I asked Jason about what I mentioned there.
Speaker 2: Okay, I will, I will, Okay, Thanks Ryan, thanks for putting up with me. I really appreciate my time with you today. We had a lot of great conversation and have a wonderful week you as well.