Speaker 1: You are listening to Video Games to the Max. Hello, and welcome to another addition of video Games to the Max. I am your host, Sean Gomer here with me as usual mister Mark Morrison, and well, we got a lot to talk about here today. Got, of course, the big news that we kind of knew for a long time and just felt like we're just waiting for it to finally get announced. For as our Horizon five is officially going to the PlayStation five, and you know, so it begins the big the big movers and shakers are finally coming. Let's see how long it takes the other two standard bearers of the Xbox to lover to PlayStation. We also got a lot of moving around again for Sony. It's funny we talked about this last week. Would there be any your percussions Maybe there has been already for what's been going on with having to cancel all these lab service games for Sony. We'll get into that. Also, we will get into video games. Mark Marksman playing Sniper Lea Resistance. I've been playing big helmet heroes and I have my review out for a riff to the Necro Dancer. I'll talk a little bit more about that, and then we got some bad stuff going on with EA and by where downsizing and some other things as well. So got plenty to talk about on this show, and we'll get into all of that and more. Oh right, So yes, let's go ahead and get into the housekeeping here really quick. If you watch us lie or watch us later on the YouTube channel, you can also listen later on podcasts as well. Anywhere there's podcasts, you can go check us out, videogamest the Max. We are there pretty much right after the show ends, like maybe an hour or so. I try to get it up pretty quick, and then on the video side, it's there instantly as soon as we finish. You can watch live on Mondays if you get the notification. That's why it's good to subscribe, because as soon as we're out up there, even though we're not on Twitch today because the ratherless folks are running a show at the moment. But if you subscribe, you get a notification, you can know when we go live and hit that button and watch us as soon as we're up there. But either way, the important thing is that you subscribe. Follow all that stuff. It helps us out a lot. Go review on whatever, podcast place that you listen. That helps out too. If you subscribe to the YouTube channel, you can also get our anime show to talk to Cafe. Those guys do a great job over there reviewing all the weekly anime, which there's always a lot, so I'm sure or many of you will want to check that out. And then of course you have violets you're broadcasting keeping up with all the movies and TV stuff. They're reviewing the movie Companion right now. They did a review of season one of The Bear. I guess they're going to go through all the seasons of that and many other things. So yeah, that's enough for the housekeeping. Let's start with the something we haven't done, and I think a few weeks now, the video games, because a lot of times we end up having to like kind of mosey that along because we have so much news to talk about, which again this episode's newsfield. You've been playing Sniper e Lea Resistance, which is on game Pass for people that want to just check that out. Did you get a code from Adam I'm guessing or you Okay, so you're trying it out with that, Okay, how is it? I've heard it's just a big expansion to Sniper Leaf five? Is that what it feels like.
Speaker 2: It pretty much is, Yeah, you know, if you like that one, you'll like this one. I mean to the point where like even the I think the like skill tree is the five. Oh, I would say a little lazy, but you know, who am I to judge?
Speaker 1: I guess yeah, but I feel like they're they're kind of trying to just you know, it was just something quick to be able to put out and continue to snimper Elite series. Maybe it was supposed to be an expansion directly at some point and they just did it standalone.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Possibly. I mean it's not like it's not like bad or anything. But I mean I knew, I knew exactly what I was getting when I got you know, when I got this game. There's more co op sniping with gens and killing Nazis, and that's always fun, especially in today's climate.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, anything else, how goes the Are you playing more seven Rebirth on PC?
Speaker 2: Or yeah, I'm in the Coral region right now. I just I just climbed the top it's two the mountain, and I remember, like, yeah, there's a lot of filler in this game that you could have cut out fair enough, but yeah, still good, you know, yeah, like yeah, like that's like when you get UFI basically, and I did all the Johnny stuff, although I can't get the tom Berry Crown yet but I will soon, and then I love.
Speaker 1: That except for figuring out that there's like the tom Brady Crown kind of looks like other things in where you're having the fight and it's hard to figure out that it's a tom Brady Kray.
Speaker 2: Well you're just gonna steal it, but like, you know, it's kind of a random chance thing, you know, that doesn't it's not like, oh, you just hit the button and it does it automatically. It's like, no, I can fail or you know. So yeah, keep keep it at that, I guess. But I still like it on PC quite a bit, and I'll keep at it.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's all right, that's the way to play the game, I guess right now. If you're yeah, it's pro.
Speaker 2: So there's a lot of weird mods for it, Like I saw one that was like a free camera mood and like the person is exploring midguar from rebirth because it's not actually in the game. It's just like some low volley model, but like they were so impressed that even like if being little Polly was like good or you know, it's still like pretty good for you know, something that's not like in the game necessarily.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. I mean I'm sure there are like all kinds of crazy mods if you want to go look for that.
Speaker 2: I'm on that that yet, but maybe when I get done at the game, I will just screw around. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Always kind of funny to see with it. You know, hopefully they has well, is there really any has their entity that kind of like improves the game at all or.
Speaker 2: Just yeah, like cuts away. Uh, there's like one that like cuts or like makes the Uh. I think it's when when you're Barrett and you're in that stupid deep.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, well you're doing the shooting.
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah that was kind of I think I had to redo that like three times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they don't really explain what you're supposed to do, and like the fact that you can move, but the game doesn't like tell you like hey, if you use bullets or if US missiles, like way I can do that.
Speaker 1: I think I even had to do it. I had to do it for the train one with UFI where it's you know, picking between him and you FI, and the one where you're after you fight the the crazy guy I can't remember his name right now, the weirdo guy the dances on top of the frog. Uh yeah. I just remember having to redo that because I was just like, why is this so finicky? And I can't figure out how exactly I'm supposed to be shooting or what I'm supposed to be shooting at? Or eventually I figured it out enough to just get.
Speaker 2: Through it right there.
Speaker 1: Speaking of getting through it, that's kind of what I'm doing with big helmet heroes. It's a decent game. It's fine. I think it's fine. If you play in co op, maybe you won't really think about the things that happen. A lot of beat them ups right where eventually they kind of wear out. They're welcome because you know, you get tired of doing the same motions over and over. The things that help out with this game is that it doesn't it's totally there to be silly. The characters are silly, obviously, they all have big heads. The enemies are just as equally just look like them. And the thing that like Actually it's there's like twenty eight characters in that game, and it's cool to like run into new ones, but they kind of all play some roos. So like once you played with and then they give you all the archetypes that they give you the kind of two archetypes at the beginning, and then you kind of get the other two archetypes like really quick. So after that, it's like all the other characters look different, but they literally play essentially the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like three or four classes, but it's just like, yeah, so it's.
Speaker 1: Just like it's kind of disappointing in a way because you're you're kind of looking forward to that and then oh man, it's it's just kind of like, oh, it's just another version of the big giant character and it's cool and all. But at least their specials are different, so you do have like that to look forward to, and you get that stuff quick. Like they try to make sure that you can do the the specials in a fast way so you're not having to kind of just button mash X the whole time. I'm playing on Xbox, but you know, same thing probably with the PlayStation. But I mean essentially, yeah, they the backgrounds are kind of all, you know, they kind of melding. She they have different settings. The thing is the game it's an indie game also, so it's like you could definitely feel that it's an indiegame. It's JANKI, and it has problems with the camera where you're fighting enemies and they will just all of a sudden go off screen. I literally, in the last level that I did before we started recording, I literally had an issue where I had the cameras like zoomed in and you can't see past a certain point and I've sitt there going why can't I progress? And I have to start walking around the entire area and just like hitting X until all of a sudden an enemy pops out that I apparently didn't kill, and then I can go forward, and I'm just like, this is not it's not great, And there was. The bosses have a big problem. They have bosses in certain levels, and some of them are traditional, like Okay, it's the end, then you're getting to the boss whatever. Then some of them are like in the middle of the level, like there's a one where you're finding like a kraken on a ship and it's cool, but the problem is that there's you get to the last part of the freaking level and the thing just slows down to a crawl where I could not move my character, and I had to replay that like four times until I finally was able to come in with like a special attack before you get to that part, and I just spamned it and killed a thing. And I was like, cause I was literally talking to like another one of my friends, you know, Jeff Young, who we've had on here before. He was revealing also and he's like, yeah, I just figured out a way to just spam the special and get over that, because there's only twenty levels in the game. That's like the sixth level or something, and and he's like, yeah, I mentually figured out how to get it through it, but man, it was it was a problem for a little bit. I was like, yeah, imagine me replaying the damn level like four times. So yeah, and then you know, quick resume wasn't helping where it decides that it wants to just crap out the game. So thankfully, the levels are really fast, like it's like three or four minutes, so yeah, it's probably fine and co op like where you don't really think about it much, but it's there's better beat him up for sure, right it. Technically the embargo ended today this morning, so the game doesn't come out to February sixth, so hopefully they can pass some of this stuff, especially the enemy is just disappearing on offscreen and like your character when you go on a bridge just decides to fall off and stuff like that. But exactly one indie game that I absolutely loved. I gave it a I guess nine out of ten four point five stars. I talked about it when I played the demo. But Riff the Necrod answer is freaking awesome. The thirty five tracks are fantastic to listen to even outside the game if you and it has pretty much the people you're used to, you know, Danny Branowski jewels some folks that are used to with the other soundtracks for the Crypt series. But they also brought in Alex I hope I'm not butchering his name. Mulaka, the guy that does a lot of like he does a lot of Final Fantasy like covers with like guitars and stuff. Okay, African American guy. I don't know if you've seen him, but he does awesome versions of that stuff, and so they brought him into this game, and he does like rocking songs on the soundtrack that are tremendous to listen to. Outside of it, the story is kind of what it is. It's silly. It's to get you to point A to point B. I did love the little mini games that are in this thing. Like each character, each one of Cadence's friends has like their own character, their own a little not character, their own little job that they do, and so you kind of do like a version of a rhythm game to like yoga or a rhythm game to like taking pictures, and it's actually like really neat, and it kind of made me forget sometimes to press the button because I'm wanting to see like the backgrounds and things like that are happening. And the songs are really good for those two. So yeah, they did a tremendous job of like moving this series, which is already obviously rhythm based, so you have that and you have the great soundtrack to go with it, but they translated that super well to like basically Guitar Hero. So if you're missing an actual traditional Guitar Hero game obviously without the guitar then there is this which you can technically play with one if you it's only on PC right now. It's supposed to come to switch at some point. I don't know when. I didn't really notice any like issues with it, like as far as like lag or anything like that, so it should work these you know pretty well, the switch, especially the you know switch to when when that comes out, so I'm sure that it will works fine. But you can play with one hand essentially because it's just the up, left and right arrows. Uh. And it doesn't really change from that. Obviously, you have to depending on which enemies are going you have to change how many times you hit it before you get to that. But that's what makes it fun is the track changes, the enemies change. If you want to make it harder for yourself, you definitely can. There's ones that will change the the way that the beat happens, stuff like that, because it still has the beat matching stuff from crypt and all that, and then it has the fun boss battles, which if you're watching the video version, it shows like even though they're all kind of the same, you're all just like beat matching, like the arrows and stuff they all have like really fun characters that are happening on screen, and they have their own like songs. Well they're fun. So yeah, it can get pretty hard if you want to play it, even on even on medium, it can get tough. I had to repeat a bunch of times with the songs so to get through it. So but it was it was a blast. I had a blast with it. So it's right now. I guess technically it would be my front runner for you know, best reviewed game so far. Obviously we got a long way to go, you know, long ago, but I wouldn't be surprised. I mean, we got a lot of games, especially ones that I know I'm gonna have access to because they'll be on Game Pass, but it could be up there just the way that I know. I like rhythm and music, right, But that's pretty much it for me. I do have the Iron Tail two also going, but I'm trying to the embargo just ends. I'm trying to do exactly what I did for Rift, which is try to get this up tomorrow. So I'm only a big helmet Heroes up tomorrow, so I'm only behind by one day on the embargo, and then I can because they it's not their fault, right, they're in any also, but they weren't able to give me the code to launch day for Irontail two. So I said, well, I'm sorry, I'm gonna do kind of what normally happens if you wait till give me the game until the day comes out. If I have other games that I haven't hit embargo yet, those are gonna go first, and then this won't come last. So hopefully within a week I'll be able to get that up and then I can kind of refresh my palette until we get to further on down the line. So but yeah, that's it for me playing games right now. Let's get on to the actual news here. I guess we might as well start with.
Speaker 2: X.
Speaker 1: No, let's start with this thing that affects everything in gaming, which was announced officially, like as I want to say a couple of days ago. Not gonna make this political. This is just about how it affects gaming. You want to go make it political, you can go do that in the comments, but we're not doing that here. So, mister Donald Trump, President the United States, announced the terroriffts that he said he was going to do as part of his campaign. He proposed a twenty five percent tax on Mexico and Canada ten on China. He's also going to tax Taiwanese, the circle boards, the the freaking semiconductors, I'm sorry, semi conductors, which those are going to computer parts. They go into consoles, they go into cars, they go into a lot of things. Right now, Mexico has been avoided because they came out with some kind of uh, they're gonna come up with a new trade deal, so those have been delayed for a month while they figure this out. I guess I really don't know why we're testing Canada at all. And then but Canada doesn't really have much to do with the video game set of things. It's more about China, the semiconductors from Taiwan And if Mexico ever goes into effect, because a lot of physical games are made in Mexico, yeah, a lot of the factual stuff that's.
Speaker 2: Used to making media and stuff as well.
Speaker 1: So right so, And because that would lead to physical media going up in price, the fear is that in order to make it to where you know, stores and consumers that are buying physical or not just eating that price, you may have to eat that price digitally. As well, So we might see the price of games that we talked about with the grand theft autor deal. Maybe that happens, even a four grand theft aut of five or six sorry coming out, so as if we need things to be more expensive with the way things are right now in the economy. But and I feel bad for the people in other countries that are already paying ridiculous prices for games or not it's ridiculous, I guess it's whatever the compatible price for games, which is still way more than what we pay here in the United States. Feel bad for them with that that affects us now obviously here in the US. So now we may be paying you know, perhaps closer to eighty dollars or more. And then who knows what this affects don't know if they were already kind of pricing for that to happen, or if they'll eat the price and make every game set, not every game, but every triple a ish game seventy dollars instead, when Inintendo's gonna do with the switch to if they account for that and have consumers kind of deal with the price increase on that and would switch to as well. So let's see what happens there. You think any of this stuff is going to happen.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean the charts on would be like a day or two and to everyone realizes that he could be done, that the override him.
Speaker 1: Also, you do you feel like this could spell even more the end of physical media if this does go in effect, And let's say some places just either abandoned the physical version of the game in order to not have to increase the price, or they do just say, look, if you want this special version of the game or whatever, it's going to cost this, but you can still buy digitally if you Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, limited runs to you know exist, or you know, they're more popular than ever. So there's still a dominion for physical media. So I don't think necessarily that that'll go away.
Speaker 1: But let's say let's say that, okay, people start doing what we saw Nintendo do with Metro Prime right where let's say released the digital version like two or three weeks earlier, and they go, okay, digital version's still sixty or forty or fifty or whatever whatever game you're buying, or seventy, but then the physical version is more.
Speaker 2: Right, I still think there'll be a market for the physical one, So, I mean it will suck, but the people will still buy it.
Speaker 1: Right now, fair enough, Let's see what they wind up doing, right because the thought is that they will make both digital and physical the same, because they don't want to immediately kill whatever physical market there is still left, especially once you know Switch Too's out there and Nintendo is once again like leading the way for physical because people tend to buy a lot of Switch gains physical. Also, do you see the the rumors about they change the cases for Switch to game. No, like they supposedly made them even bigger for some reason instead of making them smaller. I don't know why that needs to be so big that carts is freaking tiny.
Speaker 2: I mean the carters may be bigger though, like that. Maybe it may have like a you know, a slot for Switch games, but it may have like a bigger slot for like Switch two games. Yeah, it could be. The actual game could be you know, physical size could be bigger. We're bringing back We're bringing back Compact Slash.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's likely that's what we're there here. I would I would say that you were you since you watch him all the time. I meant to watch Jeff Gertzman's episode this week because he had Adam Boys on. Uh right Radio also had Adam Boys on.
Speaker 2: I'm a few episodes behind Jeff, but yeah, I saw he was on there or Adam was.
Speaker 1: On there, Okay, so I was I was gonna see if you could give me the perspective of because nobody I don't I don't know if it has to do with just you know, the whole thing, if this goes back to you know, Jeff's thing with what happened with why he left game Spot or I don't know why. It's like, what is there nothing newsworthy in his podcasts that like nobody reported on it compared to everybody reported the one from gamertech Radio or did they talk about the same stuff or whatever, because it's like when the Xbox One came out with Phil, they did, but they were put it on both. So it's kind of interesting.
Speaker 2: Well there's two things. One I would say, uh, you know, Jeff isn't as I wouldn't say, business oriented, but like console or news oriented, like because Adam is a friend, so they probably right talked the shit, you know, talked crap most of the time. But also like Adam himself, like he hasn't known Sony for like five years at least.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, he has that consultant firm now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but here's an Iron Galaxy for like the past five years or four and a half or you know, he's not like a Sony guy per se as opposed to Phil who literally still is running Xbox. It's not like it's a new job for him or you know, he's he's still the head of the Xbox clan, right, So, I mean that's probably why it wasn't like particularly newsworthy from Jeff about Adam's take on stuff or even if he if he even if they got into that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not sure if Jeff. I'm sure Jeff brought it up just because that kind of happens in conversation, but they a lot of the what was the one thing that was kind of taken out of the gam Retech radio interview, which again was a short one. Who's talk about twenty five to thirty minutes?
Speaker 2: You can go watch it, okay, Yeah, I mean I'm sure like the Adam Jeff podcast is like two hours long at least, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It is, it's much long. Yeah, and they spend like talking about I think I watched like the first thirty minutes they're talking about like what games he's playing, and he's he's talking about other stuff.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: So the one thing that they talked about was basically him sharing his thoughts on the Xbox what's the platform strategy thing? Since he comes from Sony side that, you know, he's not doing that, and you know he obviously is. Everybody knows him pretty much from that, you know, how to share games video that he did with shoe Hey, and you know he brought up there. Basically, his kind of thing is like he doesn't understand why everybody plays the victim. He doesn't understand who the victim is here because he doesn't see where this is a problem because everybody getting to play everybody's games is a good thing.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: You know, he uses like have analogy of they were a Blockbuster that then became Netflix. What if everybody's an entertaining company. Now you know Sony is uh, Nintendo's, Disney, Sony is HBO and Netflixbuster. Well, yeah, Blockbuster's problem was they were too stupid to number one, not buy Netflix when I could have, and then number two, uh, basically underestimate them and not try to do more of what they were doing faster.
Speaker 2: But I say, the victim, like the victim, and we'll talk about this. I guess maybe the forest of stuff is like people want people evangelize their consoles or now they're video cards.
Speaker 1: It's it's travelism, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you know the victim in this, well they quote the quote unquote victim would be like Xbox fanboys or Xbox purists. But it's like, hey, uh you back to you back the horse and it didn't come through, so you know you gotta take it, take it for what it.
Speaker 1: Is, or you know, like yeah, he talks about that. It's it's people kind of not wanting to change and being like I only want this thing on the thing that I bought, right.
Speaker 2: I mean, there there's still the said bastards who are like evangelizing the second Dreamcast and sicke a Saturn and going like, oh, you know, the second Saturn has the greatest lineup ever if you counted the Japanese lineup and so okay, yeah, if you count like the thirty of thirty obscure two D shooters for the Saturn that only you and eight other people care about, then yeah, it's the greatest, greatest launch or the greatest console ever. But to the regular folk, which is everyone, they don't give a ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're not wrong about that. Yeah, I mean that that's kind of what he talks about, and you know, kind of the segment because you brought it up.
Speaker 2: Sorry, no, I was gonna say it like it happened, like you know, the three six and not the three sift. The Xbox had a decent run and if they want to continue to console business, they can. But out of four rolls of the dice, they only hit once, and they didn't even like that one time they hit. They still kind of ended up third. Overall, it just took a long half while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was basically at the end of the generations.
Speaker 2: I guess I wouldn't like hold that against him. I'd still say, like, of that of that generation, I I think the three sixty is the lead platform. Maybe not sales, but like in terms of like overall popularity or put you know, putting this like foot like it was like the lead in terms of interest for for you know, if you have a multi platform game, which is rare in that generation, the three six years by the lead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you didn't have and obviously because the three aside from when they had the problem with the Red Ring of Death, which didn't help them. Uh, the games played better, you had less problems, right. PS three had a lot of problems with various games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't watch it, but I saw some Digital Foundry cliff or like that. You know, it was suggested going like it was on YouTube, why are the three sixteen PS three games run so bad? And I really had to fight the urge just right fuck you, like under the comments section, you know, because it's like you're you're reviewing these games. You're looking at these games, you know, twenty years after the fact the consoles were underpowered back then, somewhat exactly because because they're not like top of the line PCs even back then. It's like get a goddamn grip.
Speaker 1: Like and it's interesting too because it's like you've always talked about fbs fps. Well, the games ran a sixty fi right, So it's like, I mean.
Speaker 2: Not all we're gonna you're gonna bring up four as I assume.
Speaker 1: Yes, I guess to go ahead and segway because you know, brought up the troubleism again of my game is going somewhere else, And look I understand right. I think if you're an Xbox only person, you are worried at this point because what if the next console doesn't sell? Am I gonna have to buy a PC in order to be able to play the games that I bought on my Xbox? Are?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Are are they going to sell enough?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: If the rumor is that they're gonna have instead of having the series as they're gonna have, the second SKU is gonna be the they're handheld, that's going to be similar to the switch uh, And they sell enough between the two that they can kind of keep it afloat and it's not like bleeding them to keep making consoles when they're not really doing much. Or does the sales of Seamen and Sony make it to where it doesn't matter because they're doing good enough?
Speaker 2: Right? I would say, I mean, I know, like c I Thieves came out and it did well, and that other Xbox game came out and did okay, I would say, like four is it is actually like the best litmus test about how how much more stuff should come out? Like should they put Halo on three six or Halo on PS five or Gears on PS five or how much of this bat catalog stuff. Do you want to kind of mind for bring over right? I I hate to say it, and you know Xbox or Microsoft wouldn't do this. I don't think it should be a full price game.
Speaker 1: I mean I could see sixty dollars.
Speaker 2: I think see thirty dollars, but I remember.
Speaker 1: It's also coming with the expansions.
Speaker 2: Okay for like, but Like Horizon's old, It's at least it's three years old at this point, maybe even four. I mean when did the Horizon h Yeah, Horizon five come out in twenty twenty one, so it's a four year old game. Wow, Like Motorsport came out sooner than that was. That was like two years ago.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean, you're right about the fact that Like it should be less. We don't know the price right now, and you can wish list it on PlayStation if you want right five right now. But I would assume I would bet that Navy sixty is where they land because technically it's coming with all expansions. It's a full content game. Yes, it's a it's being ported, so panic Button is working on it. It's not it's being overset overseen by playground. But obviously most of the playgrounds over there working on Fable right now, so, but they also handled the ports of Doom twenty sixteen, Doo Maternal Wolfenstein to New Colossus for Switch, so it's not like they don't know what they're doing, you know. So if there is a team that you would want doing it, that would make sense. If they can get this to work really well and not have many problems.
Speaker 2: That launch, I'm gonna work fine because you know it'll run, you know, runs fine on a PC welling off, and all these consoles aren't basically now glorified PCs. It's nothing like Special per Se.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's funny because you know, like it was that game of won a bunch of awards. I think it won IGN's Game of the Year that year and all that stuff, and then it's like, oh, this is this is the game for twenty twenty one, Xbox has got it. And then it's like many years later, here we go, it's coming to PlayStation, and you could argue that like now PlayStation has a fantastic card game. Finally, you know, you know, depending on where you land on Grand Threasma, especially in the arcade scene, they don't have an arcade game like that, right, So you know, because for the Motorsport, you could argue Grand Resmo seven is perhaps better because that thing came out and it feels like nobody talked about it, but outside of the gearheads that that love that game, Horizon five was beloved. So definitely, I think this is gonna sell well, right, you know, I don't think we worry about like I do think and even Phil said it, he said, there's stuff that's already come out that we are not going to port over here. You know, I think I brought up record like, they're not gonna bother wasting their time bringing that over.
Speaker 2: I'm going to bring Son of Rome.
Speaker 1: I'll be interested to see if they bring that over. I wonder if perhaps also like because Motorsports not. I mean, the thing is, they're probably gonna be working on Fable for a long time. So I wonder if I'm assuming once Fable is done, they will then have a smaller team that then starts working on Sports Horizons six if they're not already.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a bold claim because you're assuming that's Fables were gonna get done.
Speaker 1: Or perhaps they section off a you know, a team again, if I'm not already.
Speaker 2: Doing that, Microsoft just contracts buyer to finish it. You do it before you shut.
Speaker 1: Down, except perhaps add more contro the Force and five if itselves well enough on PlayStation right.
Speaker 2: Now, they might add like like one more car pack or something. But no, it won't be like here, here's a whole New Island or whole new I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna be interested if the did the Warthog come to for five or was that just motorsport because five? But if it's gonna come to PS five or not, that's it's going.
Speaker 2: To be an interesting one.
Speaker 1: Would they have that come out of four halos officially out on those systems.
Speaker 2: But I think the problem that the Warthog is like, it's not it's not like included by default. It's like win it.
Speaker 1: It's a stupid uh yeah, one of the tournaments or something.
Speaker 2: You win. You can either buy it for like a lot of money or you have to win it, like the stupid car roulette thing. But yeah, you know it's been to win or whatever.
Speaker 1: I wonder if they at all moving on from that for a little while here, even though again big deal for this to happen, I think you can pretty much if this sells, well, that's it. Like it is there is. He already said it, but there's no hesitation. It's it's all coming. All the big games that they think will have a decent shot of selling are gonna come, especially any of the recent stuff. And we already know Anya Jones is coming. He basically said Starfield is coming. Is just we don't know exactly when.
Speaker 2: And I imagine Starfield might have like one more DC up its sleeve, like an actual, hopefully good story based content one, and then once that comes out, they'll bundle all together and at least in five.
Speaker 1: And I wonder if South of Midnight becomes the last pseudo XBOSS exclusive because well, I guess Fable maybe also, but like almost everything else that they're coming out with uh this year is releasing on both at the same time. Out of Worlds is Out of Worlds two releasing, Oh have vowed as well, but about as before South the Midnight. So but yeah, I think outside of Fable maybe everything else is like Dooms releasing at the same time Ninja Guide in four, you know, so most of the the other one is it's third party, but still it's like it's just it's kind of just still weird to see that.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I think it's going to take a long time for it not to feel weird, especially once Halo comes and you know, somebody could technically go and play that on PS five.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: You know, I would think that the one thing that they won't do is put any of those games on Position plus or not, because then what's the point of game Pass if you're going to put it on their uh service as well? But yeah, that's the one thing that's you know, you know, you can get a cheaper on game Pass if you want, and that helps you if you still own the Xbox, which, look, the more people buy things on Playtation, you're kind of also subsidizing game Pass. So but I want to see what happens. You know, we're going to talk about their their quarterly earnings where game Pass revenue went up or their their services revenue went up by two percent obviously thanks to Call of Duty black Ops being on there. Let's see what happens when black Ops is not new, right.
Speaker 2: So this month, yeah, or last month accurate? But yeah, I assume it'll go down. I mean, the big question is by how much. I don't think it'll be like the biggest drop offs, but I think it will still be drop.
Speaker 1: I mean if they ever have a time right now when they're releasing games at the same when they're releasing games at a good clip, like you have games coming one after the other right now, to keep Call of Duty players there?
Speaker 3: This is it?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: If you can't keep Yeah.
Speaker 2: What games are leasing a good clip?
Speaker 1: I mean I'm just saying one after the other, right, you got val Obviously they don't. I mean they can just like shooters and then they'll just wait till Doom perhaps, and then that's it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think like the typical Call of player or fan is going to play a vowed or is going to play Song of Midnight or So of Midnight what everything's called. Like, they want to killing and that's it.
Speaker 1: Like I said, though, just wait till May. They'll cancel and then they'll reboot in May when Doom comes out. But it's like, I think there are crossover fans that are not just Call of Duty fans. They are gamers and maybe they don't they don't they don't mess with game Pass. They didn't know game Pass existed, and they go, oh, wow, there's this game avout on there. Okay, it's an RPG, I'll play that. I'll play South and Midnight.
Speaker 2: That was cool.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know whatever, the Atom Fall that, you know, other BioShock type game that's that's coming I think at the end of March, so you know, there's there's a lot there before you even get to Doom that could keep people around. And then of course they got the Junie Showcase to tell you kind of what's coming after that. So I mean, if you can't do it with a bunch of games coming, that really just kind of tells you it's always just going to be seasonal with this thing of you're gonna have a big influx in October when Call of Duty comes. The Call of Duty only people, and then you're gonna have people that maybe stick around more because they're gamers and they want to play some of the other stuff. So we'll see how that goes. Their hardware sales went down again twenty nine. That's not really surprise. Uh, their hardware is gonna keep going down. Yeah, and then I think als of their like just sales in general went down like seven percent. I think they really only released like Call of Duty, which I'm sure that's still sol decently, but obviously way more on PlayStation. And uh it was the highest selling game on PlayStation, Xbox and Steam at one point.
Speaker 3: So where's the Switch version that'll come with Swiss too? I imagine for like two years then I wouldn't be surprised if if that's like I'm sure nothing will show off a Nintendo thing with that, but I bet they will also show maybe Call of Duty running with you using the mouse thing perhaps.
Speaker 2: And it'll be like plays plays Mario and kill Peach and death Match.
Speaker 1: That would be funny if like that's like there the Nintendo only mode is.
Speaker 2: So we you know, use fireballs.
Speaker 1: What what are you gonna do put Uh, we're gonna put Samus in there.
Speaker 2: That wouldn't be That wouldn't be bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like it's star Fox is Samus.
Speaker 2: Star Fox has a gun at least?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you don't technically have to. I mean they add like celebrities in there. They have nothing to do with guns.
Speaker 2: So you know it'll be Mario versus Cody Rhodes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, isn't Nicki Mina's like the highest selling problem character whatever add in that game or something? So not not surprising at all with that, but look, it is what it is with Xbox and they're console sales. But at least you know the software is coming, and that's the important part. Got an interesting one though, of John Gonzalez announced on LinkedIn that he's coming back to BETHO'SA and Obsidian, but he's not gonna work on well, he's just coming to to write. I don't know if it's with us, are just xbos in general, But he says it's not fall Out New Vegas too. Do you a lot of times when they announced that it's not that it winds up being that.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think it's in New Vegas too. I think we Fallout or some other fallout yeah, you know, or whatever.
Speaker 1: But that's not coming for a lot that they start to get through Elder scrolls, like maybe he's just helping writing older scrolls six the.
Speaker 2: Mutant uh, you know, the super Mutants and Oblivion or fallow Elder scroll six, that big quest line.
Speaker 1: Do you really believe tell Howard that they that they seriously are not going to do anything Fallout related except for Fallout five all the way down the line, like that show has to have them spinning up something, right.
Speaker 2: No, not necessarily, because you can still do a lot of lot and Fallout like that's not tied to that show. Like there are plenty of other areas in the USA that aren't a part of that show.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not saying it has to be part of the I'm saying, like, man, I can't just be Fallout seventy six this entire time, right, They've got to have another Fallout game, like a more traditional Fallout game.
Speaker 2: No, I think that's a true because they're dumb.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there is a rumored like what it Fallout three remaster or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could see that happen, and like, I mean they're making that oblivion then, yeah, And like I like Fallout three, I think I might prefer it over in New Vegas at least in some aspects. But like that game was kind of messy as well. So if they could kind of clean it up some and put it out and go here, here's more, you know, here's better looking Fallout three, or they could like do like a Fallout three enhanced edition and put out like, you know, a Lucy quest line somehow or tied in somehow do they you know, to the TV show. I'm like, say, they could do, but I don't think like they're gonna make fall Out five or Fallout you know Lucy edition, you know, a game devoted to her or you know whatever the dad forget the dad's name, anything like that.
Speaker 1: No, probably i'd imagine. So they're definitely not gonna do that, I think, but I would imagine that what.
Speaker 2: They could do, like it just to kind of screw it and add in like Lucy and the Super Mutant as companions like Cannon doesn't really I mean, it exists in that universe, but just you know, here's like fantasy companions and you know, have Lucy and you know, Walton Goggins just voicing basically them like their characters fun I actually wouldn't mind that. They'd be kind of funny at least.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could definitely see them doing that. Or you think that the show will have a spin off that it does so well, or they just stick with just doing Fallout that until it ends, or.
Speaker 2: I think they'll stick up doing that until it ends, because it's not like an old show. It's not like they're making twenty episode the season, you know, every year, like maybe like nine episodes over two years or something because that's how TV is now and it sucks, so they'll do it until Walton Doggins doesn't want to do it anymore.
Speaker 1: Probably, which hey, he was doing. He did what Justified for like four or five seasons, so.
Speaker 2: He was I think he was on there from the start. Yeah, and he's doing that rightful gems that just ended or you know they had like the last season now, but yeh, TV, you know, good for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, he does great work. So whenever we can see him doing more, I'm happy with that. Should have noted also that they did increase their PC subscriber base by thirty percent, which you know, apparently that wasn't extremely high, so that's a good thing, and that XOS Kyle Gaming has a record one hundred and forty million hours streamed, which I'm sure that's also pushed by Call of Duty two to the people that love to play on mobile. So yeah, now you know you could play Kyle Gaming with your phone all that stuff, so that that helps there too. Ain't gonna be interesting. Also, with the critical reception of Indiana, Jones apparently had four million engaged players. If that translates to PS five, how well does that. Do you think it's going to do pretty well on psive or are you interested in it all?
Speaker 2: Or I am kind of That's kind of one game I'd like to really to play. So yeah, like I may buy it when it comes out. I don't think En does game pass, and he's talked about buying it on Xbox, having an Xbox, so he doesn't really.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, understandable. It don't need to spend the money several times for one game. That would cost you a bunch of times to do that. So right, moving on finally from Xbox, I think, oh no, just one more thing. There is an idea Xbox Showcase. Because everybody's announcing showcases this week, it looks like ida Xbox Showcase February twenty fourth. You know, Phil talked about they are happy to be supporting indies and you know keep doing that during the interview that he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah at a few weeks off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is a few weeks off, but at least you know, if people are interested in the indies side of xosters, they always do a great job with that. You know, you can watch that when it happens, which they if you go read like the articles they do have the actual like companies that are going to be in there. I'm sure there'll be some surprises and whatnot, but it looks like since they went over to IGN and they do this in a better way, it doesn't go on forever and it's much better curated, because sometimes those ones they did with the Twitch streamers, my god, it felt like they would go on for like three or four hours, and I'm like, holy crap. Look, I love indies and this is part of my job to, you know, talk about this stuff, but I can't watch four hours right just after game and then doing the dev interviews and all that stuff. It's a lot that being said, moving over to devs here talking about the terrible news for devs of Bywear that.
Speaker 2: It didn't it didn't hit my twenty dollars price tag. It didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah you uh, it went out so out to like twenty five and you said that wasn't enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like more and you'll get me.
Speaker 1: The news here is that number one Gary McKay announced that they were downsizing Byewear because quote, they don't need the full staff because Mass Effect five is not even in full production or close to it. Really, it seems like uh, and that they were moving some people to other places in EAU those also they could. They didn't really talk about it. He kind of hid it in the press release or in the article or the whole thing about it, but they laid off people not only contrastors, but actual employees. That's why he said there's people that can apply to other positions with an EA if they want to, And that was his way of kind of saying that without saying it. And then also the fact that then Blueberg reports that they are they have the studio, so they went from two hundred employees working there to one hundred between the combination of laid off, pushed to have moved to another studio, right and you know, still working there. And it's just kind of really sad to see this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess as you. Questions would be like how many people worked on like Dragon Age one or Mass Effect one or two? Well that's still there, I mean, like just total was it? Was it like one hundred people or two hundred or I mean I wonder how big BIOWEAAR got. Remember they did all that stupid like rebranding for like a month or like a few weeks, like a Yeah, like biowear Victory all that ship and then quickly went away. Like you know, I've heard there were a lot of people working at biowere that were like, you know, network folks, network people like anthem folk or you know whatever. It's like, do we need really need these people still around because I Effect five ain't going to have that probably or you know, Dragon a Shirt didn't ah. I you know, when if and when Mass Effect five comes out and doesn't hit, BUYO, where is done?
Speaker 1: I'm actually I'm actually worried that Mass Effect five won't hit.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't think it'll hit because uh, you know that studio Like I I can't comment on Veilguard, but it didn't blow it. You know, it didn't blow anyone socks off, you know, and I'm sure it didn't their last the other game. Sure Ashole didn't like Yo. They have made a good game in a long homer.
Speaker 1: You can argue that the one of the major reasons why he positioned so well is because because there's a lot of people that didn't like that game is because twenty fourteen was such a bad year for video games that it was like in the Game of the Year raised by default.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like that in Shadow Shadow War or Shattle Mortar and yeah, other games to be just to be named later. Yeah, you know, I really hate to say to see it, but I think Massive, I think BioWare hasn't changed flow with the times. And it's another example of like not studio is not giving people what they want, right, And it's like why you hear then or you know why?
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's also EA doesn't seem to know what to do with them, sure right, they are very much the as we're going to talk about with you know, another game. You know, it seems like if it's not a sports game right now, or what other thing is the TEMs or what else is it actually going well for them right now? Aside from game. It's like it really is the sports games that are carrying them because and then it helped it helped them that EH College Football twenty five did ridiculous bonkers numbers uh and and saved them from what would have been a big fantastrophe had that game not come out, because you would have just had Madden and then supposedly E Sports FC didn't do what they wanted to do, which was still ridiculous numbers. Let's let's not play around. I mean it's also I think that's their mobile stuff you know does well and whatever. But I mean most of the games that EA puts out like it's like, oh, they don't live. Oh, I mean I guess they also have split fiction coming next month, which you know that's gonna probably well. Yeah, I don't think it's.
Speaker 3: Going to do.
Speaker 1: You know, it takes two type numbers, but it might do pretty well. You know, it's just right now, EYA is kind of in one of those things like they.
Speaker 4: Don't they aren't as dire as Ubisoft, but no, no, no, their desire to like focus on certain one or two specific categories to the detriment of everything else is going to not doom them, but make them so reliant on those one or two things that if they start to falter, then they're then they start.
Speaker 2: To get screwed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they also have one.
Speaker 2: They need to be diversifying, not closing ranks, and hey, sometimes that stuff will not do well. But you know that's uh dead spacing that okay, but they're crazy, you know, it should have sold twenty million copies. It's like, yo, this franchise can't support that or you know, this would never do that. The fact that it sold the hink what two million? That's yeah, good for the you know considering where that friend, well, that's.
Speaker 1: If because all they announced was the that it engaged one point five million people, and that includes people that just played the demo and did nothing else with it.
Speaker 2: Was that Dragon Age or was that dead Space?
Speaker 1: Dead Space did too?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that wasn't enough for then dead Space too. So there's a lot of unannounced stuff right like and then I forgot obviously the Star Wars right, uh, Jedi survivor all that the Jedi.
Speaker 2: I think that did okay, but it didn't. I don't think it did as well as the first one, probably, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think so either. I don't think you needed to. If you're making a point to make that game for next gen consoles like a year later, it means you need the sales right well, to me anyway, other than the fact that you already had in development you said it, why the hell not? You know, just go ahead and and you know, do it whatever. The worst thing that could happen is that, you know, we sell and I think, but like, okay, So removing the SIMS all their sports stuff. Uh and f one I guess which we'll talk about the SIMS in a second. You got Swift Swip fiction, Need for Speed mobile which wall talp I Need for Speed a little bit, plans versus Zombies three, Welcome to Zomburbia whenever that's coming.
Speaker 2: Anomber already came out once and they pulled.
Speaker 1: It back Skate whenever that comes, uh, which you know people get are getting excited about skate, so maybe that will do. Recently jed us up with the next Jedi game, the supposed Iron Man game, MASSI effect h back Panther game, another Marble game that we know nothing about other than it's a Marble game. Uh, some SIMS game that we don't really know much about, and some Steve Fukuda game.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then also they announced that Need for Speed is going on hold for a while, even though they took the time to make a bunch of extra content for Unbound, right, they took like a whole year to make content for that, uh, to let Criterion do that. And then they're basically pulling Criterion over to Battlefield, which they were.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what Criterion is good for. Our first persons. Have you played Black?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well people have this like fond love for Black, I feel like because it's you know, but yeah, I mean that's that's not what I think of either when I think of Criterion right, Like people want somebody burnout.
Speaker 2: Yeah, someone who played Unbound recently. That's a bad game. So make Burnout for the love of god. You know, it's been a decade, And that's another good example. You know, it would be soft and put herself like it has been over a decade since the last traditional burnout game or like you know, console burnout game, and then going like, oh.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of people asking for that now, just you there's a lot of people wishing that that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then going it doesn't sell it as well as Need for Speed. It's like, yo, have you seen Neede for Speed lately? Like that's a trash fire. At least Burnout is a fun trash fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The fact that they're fitting it on hold and going, oh, we took this year to learn what people actually want form Need for Speed and now we're going to bring it back and it's going to be amazing, said Vince and Hilla and.
Speaker 2: Online only City, you know, the stupid social crap to keep trying to cram into, you know, need for speed that never goes anywhere. Yeah, just make Burnout please, for the love of God.
Speaker 1: I would agree with that. Please make Burnout. I would love to see it. I would love to play it. It would be awesome. I think at this point, like I think, if you're EA, you have to do your best to make Battlefield work. You need something. You need something else that can be multiplayer focused, that can make you money. That's not just sports games that appeals to other people, not just Apex, right, not just Apex which again Respawn doing great job with that.
Speaker 2: And that's the that's the tragery. Though we already have Call Duty like Battlefield at one point, you know, it came before Call of Duty. At one point it was bigger kind of but that was like way before Cality Forehead. Like I think, I think Battlefield is a done franchise because you already have a game that does it better than you ever will. And you know, it's more, there's something that can be like new or exciting in Battlefield. You got you got two options as far as first person tutors go. Either Medal of Honor, you know, make another World War two shooter with you know, D Day looks so much more.
Speaker 1: I'm totally done with that. I'm totally done with that.
Speaker 2: Uh you should hear YenS go on and on about Medal of Honor like the old ones. Yeah, it's because it's to be soundtracks.
Speaker 1: It's like okay, And like I also wonder, like what Call of Duty is gonna do, because like, are you just gonna keep doing blackouts? Because it's like, you can't go back to World War Two. People are tired of that.
Speaker 2: But the other option, which people also want that they'll never give us apparently is titan Fall three.
Speaker 1: Yep, and they even Vince tem Pella talked about it. They'd love to make a type of all three. But because of Apex and you know, the EA wants to make money, they don't think titan Fall has the ability to.
Speaker 2: You know, I mean it's not like the past Battlefield is knocked it out of the park either. At least titan Fall at least has a unique cook like the fucking mech Like it's not here's another you know, quasi futuristic shooter or you know, modern day first person shooter where you're killing Ben Lauden or you know some of their invented Evil Guy or whatever like or hell then got Bad Company you know.
Speaker 1: Well they did, they did. They had Bad Company three recently, didn't that? Yes, I didn't do well?
Speaker 2: No, yeah remember remember Battlefield Hardline, the stupid cop game.
Speaker 1: Yes, so yeah, I wanted to like that game so much too.
Speaker 2: They got two options. Realistically, they only got one option, which is you know, titan Fall, and they're not doing it. Instead they're bringing the Corpse of Battlefield back and said, all right, I guess.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what. They also announced they're not doing as SIMS five. Yeah, but they did re release SIMS one and two r PC and guess what happened it? Oh, but he has problems because they don't have actual so like the game never had an actual digital version. They're having to basically take the disc versions of the game and like make these like digital portals kind of, so you and have the digital version of the game that now has been released on I guess the EA app or whatever it's on Steam, yeah, Steam two.
Speaker 2: So I mean here here's the problem. Yeah, these games are old, like SIMS is like or like ninety eight maybe, yes, SIMS two is like a little like I think the two thousand and two thousand and three, Yo, just release the game for the no CD crack. Here you go. We we we subcontracted to raise her and they did it up for us, and here you go.
Speaker 1: They did release it, you know, with all the DLC except for the Akia Home thing.
Speaker 2: So that's probably like a license deal, I'm sure. Yeah, to their credit. Like, I think it's kind of cool because yeah, these games aren't available digitally, and yeah, they evoke more nostalgia and interest in SIMS three are definitely some sour.
Speaker 1: I mean they're just like EA is very and that there are people that just sit there. That's all they do is for the SIMS.
Speaker 2: I think the problem though with them going like, oh, we're not going to make SIMS five. It's like, yo, the SIMS four ain't exactly a new game. Yeah yeah, so how long can you how long can you bleed people dry or you know, like have this old ass engine still.
Speaker 1: Still they can keep making expansions, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but at a certain point that even even like SIMS player, you know, look at Wow, like after ten years they eventually had to do an engine up. Great yeh know. So yeah, I think it's like, I'm not saying they got to put like all scheam ahead on SIMS five, but they should have some group wherever maxis the corpse of Maxis is or you know, uh working on something like sim cyber related or like you know, the SIMS or the SIMS something, you know, some stupid subtitle like Regrowth or Bourne or something like that. It's four two Craig, I got that, I got, I got that, and Dark Spoor on on Steam.
Speaker 1: All right, we move on from EA here to talk about PlayStation.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Flightstation is having their own uh things going on right now. And it's interesting that we talked about this last week about would ever be your percussions uh for what's going on with the live service and cancel and that stuff, and then we do just out of blue. Well not, but this kind of announced it that it's a whole shuffle going on. So it's not only just the CEO Sony and Rapting Entertainment. They changed the CEO of Sony proper, Hiroki to Toky is now the CEO of Sony, and then Hidieki Nahino is now the only CEO of Sundy out the entertainment Herman Hoolst goes back to his old position as CEO of PlayStation studios. The idea is that now he doesn't have to deal with the business crap and he can just go back to just managing the studios. Anybody that knows business, that is a demotion because I'm assuming he doesn't get paid as much as the Chino.
Speaker 2: Right, but he doesn't need to know about alloy some more in creative meetings, so maybe maybe he wants that.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it's also but you know, Japanese takeover again of Sony after being kind of like European led for a while since Jim Ryan and even before them and New House all that stuff. So do you think this really means anything or is.
Speaker 2: It all this kind of like I think that in the short term it doesn't mean much, but I think in the long term, like the only life service game we're ever going to get is that Horizon thing, and even now, I'd say that's probably pretty shaky.
Speaker 1: I think fair Games is coming, And then I mean, I don't want that for the developers. I don't want that for the studios just because they have failing means they're gonna get laid off. But I wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't do well. Right, Yeah, Horizon might be the one that they're really hoping because it does have a world that you could technically people might want to be in and do do that game, do Survival Horizon.
Speaker 2: You know, they'll pitch it as like like Robot Monster Hunter exactly Monster. Yeah, it's not. I don't think it's quite designed like that. And then I don't. I just don't think like the property is interesting, interesting enough for that they're like really good, like the ground swell with people that it needs. That's free to play, and that case, go for it. But if it's like twenty bucks or forty bucks something like, Nope, yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I'm sure that it will be a full it might. I don't think it's gonna be free. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be that one will at least charge because it's got the Horizon ay on it. I could see them trying to do. Maybe they go back and fair Games is free.
Speaker 2: Yah.
Speaker 1: The idea was that fair Games and Marathon are both supposed to be they're gonna make you pay, but.
Speaker 2: I think I think the marathon's done also.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, we'll see because they're still working on that Gummy Bears game, which is supposed to be like a you know, a mobia that is gonna try to ape something Fortnite or whatever. You know, looks like it kind of looks like Fortnite. We'll see. I don't think that that's you know, I hate to see these things come out and just bomb. I really wouldn't. That wouldn't be great at all for the developers. I don't think Sony really needs any more of these things to bomb. I think that at this point they're just so far long that they can't cancel them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then that leads to that, like I would rather they cancel it now, then waste another year and then they have it come out and be disastrous, for more disastrous than to stuff right now.
Speaker 1: I do think we see, perhaps, you know, again, some of this shift will start to happen where perhaps they you know, they're gonna do the state of play that's supposed to gonna happen this week or maybe next week. I'm sure that will be stuff that's already been announced. It's not gonna be anything. I don't know that there's gonna be anything shocking, uh in there. But I would say that. I wouldn't be surprised if they're really already starting to ramp up, like hey, you know you're doing this, You're doing that, You're doing this, like we're you know, we're going back to what we used to do. We're not gonna waste time making you know, Polticplarer games that we're not good at. Maybe somebody gets a light to try to bring back some of the one of these shooter franchises. I don't know, somebody else would have to do it, right, because we're not gonna Gorilla and which who's the other studio that kills him? I can't think right now, Or no, Gorilla did kills them? Whoever did Resistance? No, no, no, it's not Sucker Punch, it's the other one that I whatever. I don't think it's Sonia, that's right. We just talked about them last week. Uh so, yeah, somebody else would have to do it, But it would be cool if somebody decided to bring that back, just to bring back a series where maybe they start something new, just to have something different on the outside of just the Francis you already know, and just keep doing sequels for them. But you know, they did.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: They they did go and go after was Atlance McDonald for having that Bloodborne sixty fps patch. Yeah, maybe we're finally getting the Bloodborne remaster wanted.
Speaker 2: I don't think I think everyone wants it so they want deliver it.
Speaker 1: I think they just people keep wishing that in existence.
Speaker 2: That's my that's my mantra.
Speaker 1: So uh. They did also make some changes here. As soon as this was announced, they also had a blog post announcing some one of them. Both of them make total sense, but one of them makes the most sense because eventually you're going to move on from the PS four but with the announcement of the position plus the central games which this this month's or not anything in the write home about paid a three high on Life, which was on game Pass when it first came out a long time ago, and it was fine, it was funny even, but I don't know it's going to do great on Position and then packround we'll repack.
Speaker 2: But yeah, go ahead, what was that first one?
Speaker 1: Uh high on Life and a three?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can tell me they're going to play that.
Speaker 1: No, definitely not it's but no. I mean the thing that they announced on this is that starting in twenty twenty six, they will no longer have it has to be a PS four game as a requirement. Obviously, it makes more sense at that point, are you still I'm sure that you're still making You might still be making PS four games, but that's definitely gonna be way like it's going to be just the games that you would expect at that point, right at the sports games, you know, those kind of things that, Okay, let's just keep them around. I think this is the first edition of the w W two K series. It's not going to have Xbox one and PS four support also, so we're starting to move move away from that, which they should really. It's come on, man, we're getting five years into the the life cycle. I get that people are still playing PS fours, but they can still do that to play Fortnite and all that stuff. Move the new games onto something else. The other one that made a lot more sense. It should have been done from the beginning when they first announced these this big push to make PC games, make the single player sony games and even the multiplayer ones for that matter, on put them on PSN on PC. Is to not have the PSN requirement because there are one hundred and seventy countries they cannot sell the game in because they don't have PSN, So you're you're limiting the amount of people that can buy the game, which makes no sense at all. Don't you want the most people to be able to buy the game possible? So they were starting with the release of Marvels five Man two, which apparently is not great, has a lot of problems. Right now, God of ward Rydingerrock, Haridan Deodano Remastered Last of Us Parton be Mastered just releasing April third, twenty twenty five. Are not gonna no longer require the PSN log in, I imagine they will probably if any of the any older games did, they might just secretly remove it or just remove it without really making a big fuss about it, right, And then what they did was they may gave you bonuses for if you do have PSN and you log in.
Speaker 2: That's what I said they should do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you did say that, And that's exactly give someone to be a reason to do it, because instead of locking out people from buying the game, just hey, go get you that. Spider Man twenty ninety nine, Black Suit and the Miles Morales twenty nine nine suit. You know, get to some points in Last Most Part two and Jordan's jacket and from Intergalactic as a skin for Ellie, which that's cool, you know, good give people a reason to do that, and you know people had to get pissed to have it removed from hold Divers too. You know, don't need to do all that. Just give your games that come to PC good press. Obviously they need to be good ports, which that's a problem you know for right now.
Speaker 2: So it's really telling that people are off and I'm dragged about this. They didn't care that much when games are that awful game prone of live bullshit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean, you know, more people that are playing on PC nowadays. You know, he is the fastest rising you know, video games place to play.
Speaker 2: So you didn't get your two thousand dollars fifty ninety from in video.
Speaker 1: No, it's not.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: And now with these tariffs, I don't know. I planned to get a new laptop at some point this year. I don't know if they that's going to raise the price of even the older the stuff that's not like brand new. That's great speaking of older things, though they're doing it. Mark, They're removing these thirtieth anniversary themes, but they're come back, I guess.
Speaker 2: I assume that I assume that they may open just like a theme store, which I should have done at the start.
Speaker 1: Also, not just that I think there was problems with them. Uh, several of them, like would cover up all of the the art, the cover art for the video, the actual games that you do own.
Speaker 2: It weren't.
Speaker 1: They weren't as cool as they could have been, and where a lot of we're kind of mainly just subtrusive, to the point where I just kept it on the thirtieth anniversary one because it's like, as much as I want to see that, it's just and hear the little bloops and boops and whatever it's I think.
Speaker 2: And it was fine.
Speaker 1: The PS three one was cool too, had a lot of fun memories of that. Hey, when I add up the adding the boot animations again, I'm gonna say that it would be cool if they all had their own boot animation and give us those big memories. Yeah, so not just the PS one, which is obviously great, just be cool if we could could have. Yeah, sadly lost the time I did mention that there's gonna be supposedly Valentine's Week, there's gonna be a uh state of play, so we'll see what they announced there.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: I imagine it's probably gains we already kind of know about. They might be like one surprise there, but I don't think it's going to be that must be most state of plays, right, just some things and maybe a big announcement. Maybe that's where they show more deathtrating too. But hey, also Capcom is doing their own spotlight tomorrow basically or today whenever you're hearing this.
Speaker 2: Perhaps another game compilation.
Speaker 1: Uh there there, you're gonna get to see more of Vonnie moush Away the Sword, which that's cool. I want to see more of that, uh Frier six apparently Capcom Finding Collection too, Marvel's Capcom Finding Collection, Arcade Classics also, Uh. Sometimes I wish they wouldn't. I get why they do it right, They don't want people getting overly excited about what could be on there. But it's give us some reason and good hypes. And then also Monster Hunter Wilds is going to have its own showcase because obviously that game is coming at the end of this month. It's the biggest game coming out of this month or a Capcom is hoping that they will remake. They will make the money that they have not yet made so far in these quarters with Monster Hunter Wilds coming before the end of the fiscals, so they will writing Monster You think they're gonna make it? For sure, it's gonna sell, It's gonna be oh yeah, yeah, the god all the people that got into Worlds are definitely gonna come back with wild now.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: Even more announcements, because you know, the inevitable has been announced Summer Game Festive. It's also going to happen June sixth, two hour Summer Game FESTIVAC kickoff show with Jeff Keeley at the YouTube Theater. That's no du They are going to have that Playdazz thing for the media from June seventh to the ninth and Downtown LA. But now this year they've added a business to business event curated by former Games Industry Dot biz boss Christopher Dring. Big journalists there for them. Okay, that's cool. We're slowly slowly morphing it into you know, kind of E three yeah thing. You think we'll get some surprise announcements out of the thing that you know, some companies met that wouldn't meet otherwise, because that's what happened to E three. I think we're going to get something like that or just this is just Jeff Keeley trying to slowly make this into E three.
Speaker 2: That maybe we'll finally get some hot you know, Queen or Square and Croject City Project, Red Queen's Blood and whatever, the stupid card game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, why not? You know, since the USA said that they're not gonna arb Becky three, why not? Yeah, I forgot that much. The USA did actually speak for that tariffs thing. They said that, you know, it's albums in the industry obviously, Yeah, because it's gonna to make everybody raise prices. It makes sense, hurts their publishers that they're representing, makes sense.
Speaker 2: There only there's a tariff on golf clubs and Tanning Solution.
Speaker 1: Multi Versus is finally going down. Mark Season five will be the last one. It's going till like May thirtieth, and then that's it.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Uh, of course people are, and I think they're rightly up They rightly have a reason to be upset with a founder's pack thing, like you promise certain characters right in that thing that never he came and they paid for that, So I understand that in a way of being upset, but uh as always gets brought up and uh whoever brought this up? Also, I think one of the one of the devs said that, you know, if you're gonna start threatening us then.
Speaker 2: Across the line or something. Yeah, uh, I get a refund to move on, or you know, argue with Sony or Steam or Xbox and you can probably not get a full refund, but maybe a partial one. Yeah. I did download it on XU, PC and Steam or pcn PS three or PS five, not uh, just to have because of one they do yank it.
Speaker 1: It's not delisted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not good. And the fact that like your starting character is fucking Shaggy like makes it not really not good.
Speaker 1: It was novel in its moment to have Shaggy be because you're supposed to have more characters aside from that, right, Like you're gonna have these school characters that you actually want to play.
Speaker 2: And are all locked.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like that's the thing is like you sit it down what Marvel Heroes did back in the day and like give you like it hesitutorial. So it's like, okay, make the tutorial longer and like make it. How do you cycle through a few different characters, right, shaggy joker, you know whatever, and then give you like one chit or one credit like okay, pick like you can pick whoever you want. Is that you're tarting character not have to be shaggy, you know, Like, yeah, agree with that. Yeah, I think that thing is always kind of doing to fail even without you know, smash for this obviously doesn't help. But there's a game with double it's not triple the damn roster that has better mechanics. Yo, what are you? How do you compete with that? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean I think the writing was on the wall when they yanked it the first time. Yeah, it just it didn't come back to the same people.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Man, they yanked it and then they brought it back, and then people were complaining they it wasn't good as good back then. That's not great, Like that's that's going in the wrong direction, you know. Yeah, imb, here's a shitty game. We're gonna pull it and then it'll come back a year later. Now it's more and now it's more shitty.
Speaker 1: It's like no, like, yeah, I mean that's exactly what they because they had to put more monetization stuff in there.
Speaker 2: They you know, you know at that point, I didn't have it just paying thirty bucks or sixty bucks and doing it on a bullshit. But that's so that's always my take on something like that.
Speaker 1: It's just yeah, it's I mean, Wanner brothers in there. Their agreed with trying to make everything live service, and we know how that's turned out. We talked about that a million times. I feel like, uh, but they're suffering for it. Hopefully all of these failures will get them to look, I get everything can be a single player, but like tone it down, understand what works and what doesn't for these franchises that you do want to keep around, and you know, stop trying to make them into things that they're not.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So moving on from that here. Also, I also got to mention that that Will Be the Show is not gonna be on game Pass this year. I think that was a three year deal. It has now ended. I guess that feels like it does well enough on its own that it doesn't need game Pass or probably also Mark something want to pay money right to have it on there. So now you got to buy and Will Be the Show on Xbox. They're gonna lose lot of players obviously because a lot of people will try it out because they yeah, so that's one thing. Now you're gonna have a little people playing, but maybe more people on Xbox will actually pay the seventy dollars now to own it and whatever. The probably not a lot. It not that they don't buy any but there's you know, there's just there's certain games that they buy and it is what is else GDC Awards got announced. Uh yeah, I'm not going to go through this. This whole list. Their Game of the Year is pretty much the ones you would think, uh as Bellotro Black with Wukong, Hollo, Diversity, Found Fence and Rebirth and metap for Fantasia. So yeah, we'll see who wins when they finally announce all this stuff. Uh but again just unfortunately, like theirs tend to kind of reflect more. You know, it's it's a game developers, so they kind of do tend to like move around differently from what Game Awards or some other ones the outlet ones do, especially because it's like a lot of Astro Black with Wukong in here. So we'll see winds up winning. Also, did you see the the cover art for this, uh, dan Hauserd's of Sir Adventures thing, just like the picture and yeah, the picture.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't really care. I don't think it'll necessarily happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they want to make basically like a multi venture strategy here of having like an animated show. It seems like with these characters, some of them look like GTA characters.
Speaker 5: Obviously it worked well for that section nine thing or what the hell we'll just call that bond right, yeah, last time, Yeah, Theamco thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, if anybody no understands that a bit more, I would say, dan Hauser has a bit more going on with that. Then I would say, like Van Namco would knows on the anime side, but aside from that, and then even then, right, they know anime well, but they keep making all these like arena fighters that don't do well. Yeah, you know, so it's like, I don't I just don't get it where that goes. But I mean, with the the different characters that they showed off in this thing, at least you know, there's varied enough in here that I could see it like they could have some weird show with this. I guess.
Speaker 2: Well, let's just let's just briefly talk about the adaptations because young but yeah, you mentioned or uh whatever, Well.
Speaker 1: So there's three of them beyond two souls is getting Uh, it's actually Elliott Page has returned, uh to she got the he I'm sorry, Elliott Page, he got the rights for this. Elliott Page was different, uh, in a different state right during they were filming this. And also it's weird because, like I guess, in a way, it's like, Okay, you get to bring that trauma back to this and perhaps you know, doing the series will will help you know, the acting and all that with with bringing that trauma back. But it's like Elliot Pheas doesn't seemed to have It's like there was more negative stuff being said about behind the scenes for this than positive.
Speaker 2: Making the movie.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I guess.
Speaker 2: And I also don't think they all star in the movie either, So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, do you think that this hasn't I mean, Last of Us basically took the Last of Us and put it into a TV show. Do you think that, like essentially taking a lot of basically the game and putting that into a movie, do you think that that will.
Speaker 2: Work or it could? I mean I think I should think you get like Willam dfell, but I don't think for a few different reasons. Now Elliott Page will be able to play a teenage girl on the run.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so do they get somebody else?
Speaker 2: What's uh, what's the girl from the Last plus doing these days? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah maybe no they get here to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The other one. You can even talk about Slipping Dogs and I'll talk about Expedition thirty three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, expissly thirty three is or Sleeping Dogs. So it's funny because right if we're gonna do the show. Last week there was rumors going around about Sleeping Dogs being dead. Donnie Yen had basically said that I spent eight years doing everything for this movie, like you know, talking with producers, putting in my own money, doing drafts, getting the rights whatever. This is dead right, and then out of nowhere, like it seems like not too long after, Uh, Simmy Lou basically just goes none at all. I'm still working to get it to actually exist. And then he also wants her to be a Sibylock too, which I think a lot of people that like sibs would love for that.
Speaker 2: I think, I mean, I think movie could happen. I think the problem is, well, he mentioned like, oh, you know, people want him to maybe start in the movie, but he's like, no, I want will Young Lee to do it. And it's like, yo, he's he's kind of old. Like, yeah, I don't know you can pull out a thirty year old man anymore. I mean, I don't. I think like the guy some dogs might even supposed to be like younger technically. Yeah, it's like I don't. I don't see how that's gonna work.
Speaker 1: But sure, I feel like he's got to have some kind of you know, it's a small role, he's like gonna be in there somewhere. They can they can promote that he's in it, because ye, he'll bring.
Speaker 2: People in the movie. I'll bring up the Expedition thirty three one because it got uh it was like, uh, story Kitchen is supposed to be making it. Yeah, exactly, the producers, the Sonic, they're doing that turmb Raider thing. But the thing that broke me a little was this was like a PC game article that saw was like the tagline is from the folks behind the turmader and just cause adaptations, and my hand raised and I was like what just caused adaptation like nobody that never came out, like that never got made and then you know, fine, no it's bad or you know, it was marginally better than like the Angelina Jolay ones.
Speaker 1: But I don't know a lot of people still like those ANGELI once a lot.
Speaker 2: Of people like her. That's the thing. They don't like them. They don't like the movie. They did like her. Yeah, but see I hate these like stupid you know, oh we get the rights to this thing or you know my kind of I mean article is, yeah, it wasn't that medical to solid adaptation.
Speaker 1: And I think they're trying to time it to where like it's gonna come like not that far. It's still going to kind of try to come this year.
Speaker 2: Also like that's way too stick and that no, that that ain't gonna happen.
Speaker 1: It's like okay, I mean, look, I'm fine with it, Like maybe announced it after the game has been out. Let's see how it does well.
Speaker 2: They're banking being a good story, so it's like you better hope than that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it does have cinematic qualities to it when I look when when they keep showing it, it does feel like something they could have been a movie, right, so I could see it, and I mean story Kitchen doing it. It's fine. Also, you know, kudos to them and everybody with Sonic. Sonic three broke the record to break t the Pikachu's record. They're now firmly the second selling box office draw for video game movies. So yeah, that that's uh the interesting tale. The more video game movie adaptations this week, I feel like that has been it also, just really quick, because you know, we ended with the same thing every week, A big game this week coming out tomorrow or coming out in about an hour kenu Cunoliverance two. It's getting really good reviews so not but yeah, yeah, people that I've reviewed it to are liking it. Said with the Necro Dancer, Big hum One Heroes both coming out. Also go check out rest the nicro Dancer for sure. I think that's kind of it for this week. I also said, meres A SIB seven also has reviews out and they're really great too, so I'm sure that's uh, you're already asking for that code already.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I asked Adam. I don't know if it'll get it or not, but mostly hopefully.
Speaker 1: All right, So that's pretty much it for this week. Thank you everybody for watching, listening. We'll see y'all later. Until next time, Bye,