Speaker 1: Here we go, Here we go, Come on, come on, good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Heee right right, okay, you heard them.
Speaker 1: It's not just Friday, it's free beer Friday. We have beer for you every hour. Good morning, everybody. Thank you Specs for the beers. Straight up at six, seven, eight and nine, Old Greg undisputed champion, fresh out up, had hat your head. He's gonna go four win number three today. Falling in reverse tickets Homeroom, we love you the most. You're gonna get them on the fun Facts Flashback, Gaslight Anthem, County Crows tickets at seven to twenty Cage the Elephant. Tickets go on sale today at ten am Ticketmaster. We've got tickets for you before they go on sale. We'll get you into that show at A twenty this morning. Open phones Friday. You guys get the whole last hour, you know Chilly put those pit tickets for tomorrow night, Summer of Loud tour on Know the Show or we call it MOW the Show now maybe the biggest ticket today on the show. But we have some new music to play for you today as well. Seven o'clock hour eight o'clock hour, We're gonna get you a couple of new songs. We're gonna play Ed Sheering today on the show. I don't want you to turn the radio off. I don't want you to switch channels. This Ed Sheering song is awesome. But we're gon We're gonna play some new music today on the show because we love you and we trust you to stay with us. Good morning, mo Hey there Rod. What you got for Houston's headlines?
Speaker 3: You were either sitting in traffic yesterday or you were on pins and needles watching from home. The woman with a gun going through some sort of mental health crisis yeh on forty five in spring. Yesterday, she got into a standoff with authorities after intentionally crashing into an eighteen wheeler.
Speaker 4: That happened around one thirty yesterday afternoon.
Speaker 3: Then, after the crash, the woman got out of re vehicle, pulled out a lawn chair, and was holding the gun to herself. Complete highway closure, heavy police tactical presence, and finally at least one member of the woman's family talked to the woman, and around six thirty pm she surrendered and was taken into custody. Yes she dropped the gun hugged the negotiators, she was handcuffed. Sheriff's office said, the woman sixty four years old, does have a history of mental illness. But we were going through it yesterday, all watching together, Glad that it all ended the way it did. All right, We know what happens when rain comes fast and hard in our great city. Yesterday's heavy rainfall caused street flooding across Houston, leading to road closures, mainly Gallerya Heights area. I thought we might need to send a boat to get you this morning, Rod, But you were good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we were good. What's good? But the bios holy.
Speaker 3: Moly, keep those umbrellas handy for today. More scattered downpours are expected, these showers and storms lingering through sunset before dying out. If you don't see rain, you're going to see how climbing into the low nineties. Sunday is the day we're saying we're turning the faucet off, right, That's when the hair and dust rolls in for our Monday. Rod, do you still have a landline in your home?
Speaker 1: No, but the cable company likes to still talk me into it, like the benefit of having it. I don't want it.
Speaker 3: They were good days, the landline days, and apparently it's a new trend that is making those days come back because you can set up your iPhone to what they're calling landline mode.
Speaker 4: Now hear me out. It was a TikToker that posted a hack.
Speaker 3: And it's basically Apple's do not disturb or focus function.
Speaker 4: But if you leave your phone in a.
Speaker 3: Specific spot in your house, it's still going to ring, but you're not going to receive any of the other excessive alerts that we get NonStop throughout our day.
Speaker 4: Of course, you can make a watch if you're attached to.
Speaker 5: It hanging on the wall in the kitchen.
Speaker 3: I can just see myself like putting it on the counter, a cord on it and don't think about it, don't touch it, and just focus on the rest of your life. Of course, you can turn the function off and on as you please, but I like the idea of it.
Speaker 4: Land line mode.
Speaker 1: No, so I can't wait to stretch. They invent malls again.
Speaker 6: They're like, what if instead of shopping online, there was a place where we all could go and like go to the shops in person.
Speaker 1: Well, that'll happen, and that that will happen. For sure, that'll happen.
Speaker 3: He's been on our minds a lot this week, and apparently we aren't the only ones thinking about Brad Pitt. We know he's got a big movie out right now. He was out of the country promoting this new movie and cops say his La home was hit by burglars. Police responded to the actor's house or rewarded break in. Cops believe three suspect entered his home and robbed him. Of course, Brad's beautiful face was flashing all over our screens, so we all knew he was in Japan promoting the F one movie. And that's why Roberts knew that it was safe to go to his house.
Speaker 5: That's a thing right now.
Speaker 1: They football players, football players, when they're at the game, they know they're not home.
Speaker 3: And they know where they are. If you're posting in real time, did you say we got our first movie review on F one? By the way, it's in our.
Speaker 1: Emails, Oh, Dallas, Daniel, Daniel, Dellas Daniel.
Speaker 5: We'll talk about that later.
Speaker 3: Chevy Medal, the cover band started by the Late Food Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins, just announced their lineup a summer run of twenty twenty five had blinding shows looking through it. No Texas dates yet, but we all know. The cool part of the story is that these new shows are featuring Hawkins' seventeen year old son Shane on drums. So cool for him to be able to do that for his dad. I'll keep an eye on it. More shows as they're announced. Those are Houston's head Life.
Speaker 1: Taylor singing though.
Speaker 6: That was Taylor singing, and that's the craziest part of it. Any drummer that sings is wild.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He used to come out from behind the kit. Dave would David drum song right, Yeah, he would do that at food Fighter shows, so Taylor would come out sing, Dave would play the drums and everybody got the chance to see Day behind the kit and stuff. It was fun.
Speaker 5: That's pret the video and I was leading.
Speaker 6: That was crazy just watching watching him whale while he's also a drummer and base though.
Speaker 1: The Astros got another win yesterday.
Speaker 5: Beating the Phillies two to one.
Speaker 6: They gave up just one run over the three games they played in their sweep with the Phillies.
Speaker 5: Tonight, they're gonna open up a weekend series with the Cubs.
Speaker 6: Brandon Walter will be in the mount for the Stros, going up against Chicago's Cade horton first pitches at seven to ten. You can listen to that one over in our sister stations, Sports Talk seven ninety and News Radio seven forty KSh. In soccer, Houston Donald FC is gonna be back in action tomorrow night. They're gonna host Saint Louis City at Shell Energy Stadium. Okay, off at seven thirty and you can watch it on Apple TV. Team USA is gonna play Costa Rica and the Gold Cup quarterfinals on Sunday night at six o'clock and then rugby. But the Houston SaberCats are gonna play for their first championship tomorrow afternoon. They're gonna take on the New England Free Jacks and the Major League Rugby Final. That game starts at one pm and you can watch it on ESPN two.
Speaker 5: That is what's going on in sports, all right, Thanks.
Speaker 1: Guys, here we go. We are often running four hours of pain starts right now. The first phone call is gonna be your first beer winner today, Beer straight up at six, seven, eight nine, free beer four Addy. Busy, busy, busy, busy ninety four or five, the bus hit it Friday.
Speaker 7: You got free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free man Friday, Free Bam Friday. Right, bam Friday, damn Briday, free man Friday.
Speaker 8: Right right?
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning, Well, good morning to you.
Speaker 9: Hi.
Speaker 1: Who is this?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 1: Heather?
Speaker 5: Your call her number ten? Would you like some beer?
Speaker 10: Come on?
Speaker 1: I would love some beer. I am very first, I'm so hoping, Like I picked up the phone, I'm like, why is this person calling me? Right? What do they want? What do you think they want?
Speaker 6: Mo?
Speaker 1: She said, don't worry, you had a beer. Congratulations Heather. Where are you from? Jery By? I'm going to hook you up with the first case of beer today.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much, Thank you so much, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Are a lot of people going to this Beyonce? Are you going to see Beyonce this weekend? Heather? I am not.
Speaker 11: I'm not dealing with that mess.
Speaker 5: You know what is right?
Speaker 1: I'm not dealing with that mess.
Speaker 8: MO.
Speaker 5: Are you going?
Speaker 1: No, No, you're not in the bay Hive.
Speaker 4: I appreciate her music, but no, oh you.
Speaker 1: Want to keep back. I don't want to say anything wrong right now, Heather, everyone's listening. Yes, all right, Heather, have an awesome weekend. We're gonna start you out with the first case of beer. And thanks for being up so early with us. You're awesome, Thank you, Thank you, Heather, hang on for me. Jilly, treat her nice. She's really nice. She's up so early with us. I love that.
Speaker 12: All right.
Speaker 5: I know you already talked about this.
Speaker 1: Let me look. Forty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms, mostly cloudy today, Hi have ninety one.
Speaker 4: I know, I'm sorry. I know you're sick the rain.
Speaker 1: But you well, thirty percent chance tomorrow and then seventy percent chance on Sunday.
Speaker 4: Get through Sunday.
Speaker 1: When are you turning off your falses?
Speaker 4: Monday? The Saharan dust rolls in right.
Speaker 1: Okay, that wipes off, that wipes out the rain. Yes, okay, a legend dry for the fourth of July weekend? Yes, dry and hot?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: Can we get there? Yeah, we think we're gonna make it.
Speaker 10: So.
Speaker 1: Next weekend is fourth of July.
Speaker 4: It is is not crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh, we worked a full five days this week, norder, I'm so tired. There's a short week next week we only have the one day off righty Friday, even Radio wizard Yesterdays, Like, are you sure you're not taking any more time off? I'm like, what are you?
Speaker 4: It's gonna be an interesting week.
Speaker 3: I know a lot of folks that are just kind of like might have a leading or maybe I feel.
Speaker 1: Like there's gonna be it's gonna be a ghost town next Week's all right, guys, we'll get you set up before the weekend.
Speaker 5: We've got a lot of ground to cover today on the show.
Speaker 1: I'm looking forward to this fresh out of bed head to head game, old Greg undisputed champion going for win number three. So that's coming up after the break. We'll get set up set up for that, the Falling in Reverse show, which is coming up on August fourteenth, Homeroom, you're getting those tickets on the fun Fat Flashback. The other big big ticket are those pit tickets for tomorrow night's Summer of Loud Tour. Maybe the best value for your dollar. There's like one hundred bands on this show tomorrow night. We've got tickets in the pit. Chili put those under the show. I can't control the man if he puts some Morry wants he's gonna make you listen to the whole show to get into the pit today, and then we got all that stuff in between. It's gonna be busy this morning, so strap yourselves in on the flip Gonta wreck check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll find somebody to play Old Greg.
Speaker 11: Houston Houston's Alternatives and Home of the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Yeah, welcome back everybody. It is three Beer Friday, and we've got one case out the door falling in reverse. Tickets are coming your way here in homeroom. That'll be on the fun Fact flashback. And then right now I got Alex She's gonna tell us what's like trending, Like, what are people talking about? What's the what's the happenings right now?
Speaker 5: Anna wind Tour is trending? Why do I know that name?
Speaker 13: She was the the double spot that's vogue.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she was the information one, like the one that if your incompetence do not interest me?
Speaker 1: Okay, So she's the one that tells everybody if they can go to the met gala.
Speaker 5: Yeseah, okay, yeah, Floral in spring? Why is she trending? She stepped down.
Speaker 6: His editor in chief at Vogue thought she's going to be loosely attached.
Speaker 1: She took off her sunglasses last and.
Speaker 5: I didn't see pictures of her without them, which is pretty crazy.
Speaker 6: Okay, Justin Tucker is trending. The ex Ravens kicker has been suspended UH for ten games for violating the league's personal conduct policy. He was accused of sexual misconduct by sixteen massage therapists recently and UH basically Deshaun watching Sewn Watson some people. He is allowed to serve the suspension as a free agent because he was released by the Ravens last month, but I would imagine that Cleveland will probably sign him any minute now. And other trending is rick Hurst, the Dukes of Hazzards star passed away at the age of seventy nine. I did not watch it, but he played Deputy Cleatus.
Speaker 1: Hog on the show. Yeah, that's how he is.
Speaker 5: He has gone so rip in peace to him. That's just training. A night was by the buzz.
Speaker 6: That comes out grand He's a skater of man fish.
Speaker 1: Good morning, everybody, it's old Grigg. You're undisputed Two Day Champions. Boarding the fuzzy Man, Peach one pomp Chump, join me on Free Beer Friday is make it win number three bitch seven one three two one two five. If you think you can beat this guy, it's ron Ryans Free Beer Friday. You gotta get on ninety four five the Buzz ninety four or five buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, some forty one landmines, Rod Ryan Show on a free Beer Friday. And know the case of beer headed your way straight up at seven, but the big ticket is falling in reverse this hour. They're playing August fourteenth at the Woodlands. We've got tickets for you coming up. On the fun Fact flashback.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like MO wasn't telling the truth. I thought you said it wasn't gonna rain this weekend. You said it was gonna rain this weekend because it is, Yeah, okay, it.
Speaker 4: Is so forty cutting off the faucet on Sunday.
Speaker 1: No Monday, Monday, forty percent chance of rains, gattered thunderstorms today, thirty percent tomorrow, which is okay, I can handle that, yeah, isolated, and then seventy percent chance of thunderstorms on Sunday. You're telling you Monday is going to start drying.
Speaker 3: Out because of the hair and dust. Okay, what we're meteorologists very much basically, all.
Speaker 1: Right, let's play games, and now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Listeners to your corners, Old.
Speaker 13: Greg, good morning, finally watched the Old Greg bitch I did.
Speaker 1: It's weird. It's weird, it's scary, it's funny questions. It's a lot going on there, Old Greg. What are we doing here? You're going for win number three? Yes, sir? Okay, are you ever going to get in the Hall of Fame? Probably not.
Speaker 3: I thought he's gonna be like, this is my time?
Speaker 14: Right?
Speaker 1: Have you not heard me?
Speaker 5: I've been playing lights out here? No, I don't know. Probably never. Well, Brian's been in the Hall of Fame three times.
Speaker 1: Hi, Brian, good morning, three times. You've been in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 15: Yes, sir?
Speaker 1: What are you? Are you just telling Old Greg to stop today? Are you winning today?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 1: I'm absolutely winning. Oh Jesus, put away the old Greg. Drops Greg. We're not gonna need him on Monday. Stop talking about Greg? Would you just beat this guy? Show us, show us that you're not just a guy with cool drops show us that you can beat a three.
Speaker 5: Time Hall of Famer. Okay, Greg, all right, what are they playing for?
Speaker 4: We have run Ryan showed T shirts.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, Brian's.
Speaker 1: Probably got a couple of those, all right, most like writing real questions. Would somebody talk to Mo and tell her it's early time? These are real questions here. It's like a game show like with like for people that know things. That's not what we do here. You know, we don't know things. All right, Brian and Greg shout out your name when you think you know the answer. All right, Well, we're just gonna do this question. Number one, Texas based water Burger was founded in nineteen fifty in which coastal city Greg Brian Old Greg, I mean I saw glaciers move faster than both of you, Greg, Greg, go ahead, Corpus Christy is a correct answer.
Speaker 3: Greg, Greg, Brian, you thought that was hard.
Speaker 1: But wait a minute, Brian, you've been in the Hall of Fame three times and you answered like that.
Speaker 17: I had no clue.
Speaker 1: I guess out there, Corpus Christie. Yeah, Tessa may have mentioned that one or one hundred times she was on the show. Okay, Greg's on the board. That really was slow. Three time Hall of Famer Brian and old Greg. Question number two, Which country is the largest in the world? Brian Brian three two one Russia? Oh we got it?
Speaker 5: Did you got it?
Speaker 1: This is about the buzzer your ass.
Speaker 4: I actually didn't know that.
Speaker 1: What do you mean you.
Speaker 5: Didn't know that you wrote the question?
Speaker 1: You didn't? I know it now.
Speaker 4: Greg knows now too.
Speaker 1: Okay, can we with a good game? Can we spell cat or something like this is? Maybe? These are very difficult questions. Yeah, my head hurts. Here we go for the win. You each have one shout out your name. It's say your name before the other guy. Which state is the Sunshine State? Three time Hall of Famer Brian Florida? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Oh, Greg, you told me you were going to lose, and then you just go and lose.
Speaker 1: I like to like to stand by.
Speaker 5: What I say.
Speaker 1: Uh, welcome back, Brian, Greg, Greg, have a good weekend. Put away the drops? Fine? Great? We got nothing for Brian. No drops? You got any Brian drops? We got nothing? By jeez all right, now.
Speaker 5: Stuck with him?
Speaker 1: Brian, find some family guy I drop? Oh, yeah, that would be easy. Hey, Brian, you want to play on Monday. We'll be here absolutely, let's do it. Okay. So as a matter of fact, you could get into the Hall of Fame before the fourth of July weekend, right, so today and then Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Oh yeah, you want to be a four time Hall of Famer, just be on with us all next week. All right, we're gonna make a run for it, all right, bro, good to have you back.
Speaker 4: Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five.
Speaker 1: The Bus, ninety four five, the Buzz Tasty, that system of a down in toxicity, rod Ryan Show. Three Beer Friday. We'll have another case of beer for you straight up and seven. Then we'll do it again at eight. They will do it again at nine and then lock and load open phones Friday. You guys get the whole last hour. We do have some rain on tap, not as it's not a complete washout. Sunday looks to be our Weddes day with seventy percent chance of thunderstorms. But we have a new champion, a fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion. Good morning, everybody. This is three times Hall of Famer Brian.
Speaker 10: Now you're fresh out of bed head to head.
Speaker 15: One day Champion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rod, I know you love.
Speaker 6: Old Greg, but that fuzzy little man Peek had to go join.
Speaker 14: Me on Monday when I make it win number two bitches.
Speaker 1: Big Lou says that he likes the real questions. Yeah, that are happening right now.
Speaker 4: I didn't know. I wasn't a part of the fake question he said.
Speaker 1: I like these harder questions that Moe is coming up with right now. Well, Lou, say that when you come on the air and lose and then tell me that you like the questions, or is it playing into Big Lou's hand, Like, Oh, this is my time. I'm gonna mark guy. I'm gonna dominate because these questions, those questions used to be.
Speaker 3: Too dumb to you want dumber ones, I can dumb it down, U.
Speaker 4: Balance, I'll do balance.
Speaker 1: Big Lou just gave you a stamp of poole.
Speaker 4: If Big Lou likes it, maybe we should post a poll.
Speaker 1: Then I like it. It's the fuck back to the day we make you look smart in front of your buddies.
Speaker 12: It's the fun to the day.
Speaker 1: If I can make just one of you look smart in front of your buddies today, I feel like I that's why I got out of bed. You know. So Gabba the band A B B A palindrome.
Speaker 5: Right backwards forwards. We had all that.
Speaker 1: Dancing queen. I mean yes, Abba got its name from the first letters of the four members of the band. There was agneatha, Bjorn, Benny and Andy Frid A B B A members of the band. Okay, what would it be if The Rod Ryan Show was named after the four first names R M A, c ram ramac Armack. It could be Cram rmac cram Wait see Crammel, Welcome to the cram Show, kramitram locket In and kram It Show. Jeff Bezos, Mark Hamill, is that Luke Skywalker? Yes, Lynn Manuel, Miranda Hamilton, Rachel McAdams, notebook, Fred Durst, Ambi, Pharrell, Sharon Stone, the family Stone, Jay Leno, Seal pink All worked at McDonald's growing up. That's cool. It was taking too long, I had even though Americans. Final fun fact, even though Americans are the only ones who use the term soccer instead of football, it's not an American word originated in England. That's neat. I agree, Alex. It's the fuck back to the day we make you look smart your bodies. It's the fuck that to the day. What you got over there to give away?
Speaker 3: I got a pair of tickets seat Falling in Reverse August fourteenth in the Woodlands with Wage War Tech nine Sleep Theory.
Speaker 4: Tickets on sale ticketmaster dot com. Or if you know this flashback, yep, it's your.
Speaker 1: All right yesterday? Which one from yesterday? Should I use this one? Elvis only held three concerts outside of the United States of America. Okay, what's the only other country that Elvis performed live in? Performed live in? We all know that he was drafted, went to Germany hanging out with my uncle Stan. Yeah, never peeled in never peeled any potatoes. Well, if I called Uncle Stan right now and I said, I'll stand Elvis, that son of a bitch, never pulled a night watch. That son of a bitch never peeled a potato. That's all he has to say about Almus the same he was in Germany. But what's the only other country that Elvis performed in? Seven one three, two one two five nine four five. It's now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash. Captain Cash also never peeled a potato, never peeled a potato. No, No, that's the only thing. This guy, This guy, he shucks corn. He shucks corn like nobody's business. He just has never built a potato high and never night watch either. How we do on Wall Street?
Speaker 10: Yesterday it was a good dawn Wall Street. The dawn was up four hundred and four points. We're at forty three thousand, three hundred and eighty six. NaSTA I gained one hundred and ninety four to twenty thousand and one to sixty seven benchmark ten year treasuries trading at a four point two seven percent and oil trades at sixty five dollars forty eight cents of a barrel to. The most active is the big Studs, Nike Caterpillar in Goldman, Sachs, the Big Duds, Walmart Merk and Sherwyn Williams. On the economic calendar this morning, we'll get numbers on personal spending for May right now, futures Hey on the episode, hang on to this, so'll be a pause opening right here on Wall Street. That's it, imad here This is Howland managed director with Raymond James, porting for The Rod Ryan Show. From Raymond James on sand Felipe and Augusta and don't forget to always rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 11: Aaman's expressed are those of Aland and not necessarily those are Raymon James Associates, Income Ever, nac AS, IBC, I ART Radio or at sponsors. Information is based on sources believe to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission.
Speaker 1: We'll continue.
Speaker 11: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to her. Because programs are educational and informational services on the studs, duds are based on movement as reported by Young Finance, Houston's Rock and Alternatives.
Speaker 9: And The Rod Ryan Morning Show six at ten am, The Buzz snenty four or five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Welcome back Rod Ryan's show on a free beer Friday. Let's flashback to yesterday's facts. Good morning, Hello, Hi, Hello, yeah, hi, hey, hi, hi Hey. What's your name? Marina? Marina? How are you today? I'm good? How are you awesome? I'm better now that you're on the show. This is great. I got a question yesterday. We were talking about some fun facts and we we talked about Elvis never really going overseas, and never playing for these other countries. Not true, though he did play in another country. He did three shows in this country. What country was it, Canada? Yeah, he played Canada. You're the winner. You win. You're so smart, you are so smart. We got the best audience.
Speaker 15: Oh my god, I'm so excited.
Speaker 4: Going to Falling in Reverse?
Speaker 8: Is that?
Speaker 4: I am excited?
Speaker 3: August fourteen, Wade More Tech.
Speaker 4: Nine, Sleep Theory Marina. Tickets are on ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 18: Oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I love Falling in Reverse.
Speaker 14: Guys, you don't understand.
Speaker 12: My god.
Speaker 1: Did you go to the last time they were here last year they played?
Speaker 15: No, I didn't get a chance too. I've been I've been following him for a long time.
Speaker 12: Oh man, you guys, you have no idea how happy you've made me.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you've made us so happy this morning.
Speaker 5: Thank you, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Have an awesome time at that show. Hang on for me, Ronnie, raggy, very dreamy. Yes, if you're into like Jack, yeah, Jacked, long hair and like if you get into that, pat it out and I'm into that, we're into that. I'm into that. All right, Marina's gonna have a good time. We should probably get right into Houston's headlines. What you got, mom can do that?
Speaker 3: Good morning. We were all on the edge of our seats. So with that woman with a gun going through a mental health crisis causing a major backup yesterday on forty five in Spring, she got to a standoff with authorities after intentionally crashing her vehicle into an eighteen wheeler around one thirty yesterday afternoon. After the crash, the woman got out her vehicle, pulled out a lawnchair, held a gun to herself, complete highway closure, heavy police and tactical presence, and finally at least one member of the woman's family able to talk to the woman, and around six.
Speaker 4: Thirty pm, she surrendered.
Speaker 3: Taken into custody, She dropped the gun, hugged negotiators as she was handcuffed. The hair's kind of Sheriff's office of Hill said the woman is sixty four years old and has a history.
Speaker 4: Of mental illness. We're glad it ended the way it did.
Speaker 3: Authorities are investigating two men died possible murder suicide in Magnolia. But the headlines are what God is yesterday because it started when we saw that a seventy seven year old man was found dead by his wife around eight fifty two inside their home. She heard noises, checked on her husband. Gruesome, multiple sharp forced trauma to his head. Oh, machete found near his body?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 3: Two minutes later rod approximately like one hundred yards from the house where he was found, Deputies receive another call about a head on collision where witnesses have video showing a driver accelerating his vehicle.
Speaker 4: Into a dump truck.
Speaker 3: The guy yes, wow, crazy headlines yesterday, obviously thinking of the family.
Speaker 4: The wife glad more people weren't hurt.
Speaker 1: Who years In the.
Speaker 3: Thick of summer vacation season, we are a new research study we all needed to hear. It takes parents two and a half days to recover from traveling with their families. What's the joke, I need a vacation to recover from my vacation. We'll now research backs that up two point four days aka fifty seven hours and thirty six minutes to get over a vacation. They're saying the key to get through it is don't be hard on yourself, brab your kids, that's fair game. Twenty eight percent of people say they admit to just buying toys mid trip.
Speaker 4: If that helps? Unlimited screen time? Does that help? Do wit? It's vacation, It's has.
Speaker 1: To be fine.
Speaker 3: The big entertainment news this week has been, of course, Jeff Bezos and Lauren Sanchez's wedding was going down in Venice.
Speaker 1: When is that wedding?
Speaker 3: I'm guessing Saturday, but I don't know, like time difference if that's like now, you know, because twenty four hours?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I get it.
Speaker 3: And we keep seeing these celebrities very lavish affair, lots of parties. We're seeing these celebrities in like wedding clothes, but they're just going to parties. So everyone is, you know, loving the celebrity sidings, loving the protests that are happening, the rumors surrounding Orlando Bloom being there, maybe.
Speaker 4: Newly single from Katy Perry.
Speaker 3: But finally, yesterday we saw the elusive Leonardo DiCaprio.
Speaker 4: Why is this a big deal?
Speaker 3: Because the paparazzi are dying to get a picture of him and his current girlfriend and Rod, I have news for you.
Speaker 1: I threw this. You're my bloodhound, Yes, I said, I thought I saw something that Leo has a nineteen year old girlfriend. Now, and you said he likes the young girls. Yeah, we all know that. Fifty they get, they get trashed at twenty six, right for him?
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 1: I think how old is his girlfriend?
Speaker 4: Twenty seven?
Speaker 1: Okay, then who's telling me? Wait a minute, now, she's twenty six? Is the cutoff?
Speaker 3: And she's twenty seven. Victoria Siretti is a model. They never they were always together, but still no picture of them like next to each other.
Speaker 4: That's her, she's twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Who's Wieners having more fun than Leo's? Not many? Nobody, not many.
Speaker 5: I think it's an all time ween got He's a busy man.
Speaker 1: Maybe Jeter back in the day. I have John Meyer's stories, but lead, but Leo's got to be the all time champion.
Speaker 5: Yeah he's still going at it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good for him, Good for him.
Speaker 3: The music world mourned the loss of the Beach Boys Brian Wilson uh and yesterday his cause of death was released. They listed respiratory arrest, but then the list of things the guy was eighty two sepsis cistus, he had a neuro degenerative disorder, well and sleep apna.
Speaker 5: You know, things were things.
Speaker 1: Were always a little crazy. Upstairs. But that's what made him a genius. I think genius.
Speaker 3: Rolling Stone just did a new article about how much money his music is making him every year.
Speaker 4: He was just a powerhouse.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what, I don't want to know. I don't want to know, like why he died.
Speaker 5: It's just he's just on another level of genius.
Speaker 4: I mean his brain away.
Speaker 1: There's Beethoven, and then there there might be this guy and Paul McCartney, and there's only a handful of geniuses. He's one of them. I don't want to know why he died.
Speaker 3: He just those are Houston's headline.
Speaker 1: All right, Alex Tego.
Speaker 6: Pstros got another win yesterday. They beat the Phillies two to one. They give just one run in their series with the Phillies over those three games, and when they swept them tonight, they're gonna open up a weekend series with the Cubs. Brandon walterro Bey in the mound for the Stros, going up against Chicago's Cad horton first pitches at seven ten. You can listen to the game on our sister stations, Sports Talk seven ninety News Radio seven forty k t H in Soccer Houston DYNADFSC. He's gonna be back in action tomorrow night. They'll host Saint Louis City at Shell Energy Stadium. But I'll kick up at seven thirty and you can watch it on Apple TV. Team USA is gonna play Costa Rica in the Gold Cup Quarterfinals on Sunday night at six. In rugby, the Houston SaberCats are gonna play for their first championship tomorrow afternoon. They're gonna take on the New England Free Jacks in the Major League Rugby Final. That game starts at one pm and you can watch it on ESPN two. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 5: You were in the rugby business for a little bit, have you gone.
Speaker 1: I haven't gotten to go this. Yeah, you were going to games though. Yeah, it's an endorsements for It was a lot of fun. Yeah. It was like one of the local teams you didn't get kicked out of. I mean that was one of the local teams who didn't get kick kicked out.
Speaker 5: And you have to be a part owner to have that happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because some of the local teams you've been kicked out of some what some Oh you got questions, Mom would last talk to him during the.
Speaker 9: Break the rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 13: Six.
Speaker 3: Busyday, You got.
Speaker 7: A free ba Friday, You got a free Bam Friday, Fridaydayday.
Speaker 6: Friday.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 5: Hello, Yeah, yeah, Hello.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good morning to you.
Speaker 4: What's your name?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Who's this? Did he say Justin or Justin? Dustin or Justin? I'm going, I'm going, I'm going Justin, just I'm going Justin Justin Rustin?
Speaker 16: Is it?
Speaker 1: Are you busting? Are you busting?
Speaker 5: Busting?
Speaker 1: A move? Just I'm going with Justin? Justin your collar ten man, b Thank you for waking up with us. Where you're from?
Speaker 13: Justin?
Speaker 1: Where you are from? Thank you? Listen? Can I can I interest you in a case of beer?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well then I got the right guy here, Justin.
Speaker 5: We got the j thing where it belongs.
Speaker 1: It's Justin, all right? Would you stop champion Justin? Just well cop Yes. Listening to The rod Ryan Show, he says he does this often. Thank you, bro.
Speaker 5: Congratulations man. Enjoy your beers.
Speaker 1: Bro, Thank you. I appreciate you. I really do, I really do. Justin you should stick around a.
Speaker 5: Look at a bunch of new music we're gonna play today.
Speaker 1: So well. Seven twenty.
Speaker 8: We do what we do.
Speaker 6: I mean, we do.
Speaker 1: We do what half scheduled that we years. We we do what we do. I don't know if it's been years, but for some reason, there's something that happens at seven twenty every morning. So we're gonna do that. But then, can can we play that new Ed sheering song?
Speaker 14: You can?
Speaker 1: Are you sure? But I'm people gonna I can't. I can't have people turn off the station or I can't have you pushing a button and going somewhere else. You have to trust us when we say we've got some new music to play, and Radio Wizard trusts you. Guys. We negotiated the deal. We have two new songs we're gonna play on the air today. We're gonna play that Ed Sheeran song. And if you if you think those drums sound familiar, that's Dave Grohl. Uh that's playing drums. And the guitar who's on guitar ales named it was John Mayo, John Mayer. John Mayer's playing guitar. Yeah, that f one movie opens up this weekend, and this is like the big song on the soundtrack, So that's coming up probably in around I don't know seven thirty five and then next hour are we playing something brand new on the air?
Speaker 13: Two?
Speaker 1: Do you have that? Are Agreeah?
Speaker 5: I don't know if you looked ahead.
Speaker 1: He told me he gave us the green light on that new good Charlotte song that you because you said that it was good. We're gonna play that at eight twenty.
Speaker 8: No a.
Speaker 1: Dude, he's got it as the third song. The second song as we played this is twenty okay. So we're gonna play a couple of new songs for you. The way the radio business works, especially in the morning show.
Speaker 8: Mo.
Speaker 1: You know you've been doing mornings your whole life. You gotta play the hits. You gotta play the biggest stuff because you can't risk somebody. Mornings are important, it's so important, so important. We want to get you going for your day. We're gonna be working on Monday morning. And when we come in on Monday morning, I wonder whose pictures we're going to be looking at? Who has six It's a good thing that I wrote it down. There will be no questions on who has six picks. I cannot wait to see what.
Speaker 5: Chili gets into this weekend.
Speaker 3: Ch Chilly.
Speaker 1: So on Monday we're gonna be chili.
Speaker 5: Did you know you had six picks this weekend?
Speaker 1: Already? Knew, man, I'm not halfway done already. Wait a minute, my weekend started the last night. Well just put those pictures out the last night. What did you do last night? You went out? I worked?
Speaker 5: Wait, you already have a job. You have to have two jobs? Is should so more?
Speaker 1: Here are you back on the poll? Just about my lucky day?
Speaker 5: Just about dude, you can't imagine not.
Speaker 1: I want to step away. I'm one step away from buying need pads. That's how bad.
Speaker 4: MG, there is a god.
Speaker 1: All right, work only fans, I got only fans.
Speaker 14: Mon.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna see what you got into this weekend. Yes, you got six picks on Monday. Oh yeah, it's gonna be great picks.
Speaker 7: Man, it's gonna be nothing but sidewalks bad pictures.
Speaker 1: That sounds awesome.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Uh so you get a new sidewalk, a new one.
Speaker 1: I got a new one, and Katie. All right, the hour, the that's Monday. The hour is laid out for you. We we're gonna do what we do on the flip of this break, what we do on Fridays. And then We're gonna play you some new music this hour and then some new music next hour. So I'm excited and I'm going to somehow I'm gonna squeeze in some Gasolate Anthem County Crows tickets. I mean, it's gonna be a fun hour. You should.
Speaker 5: You should hang out with us.
Speaker 9: He is is rock housative and the Rod Ryan Morning Show us.
Speaker 1: Welcome back everybody, Rob Ryan's Show. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Most of you probably know what we're about to get into. But I saw something online and I haven't let the team know any of this. But and you don't need you can bypass chili. I'll take the calls. I need to fill up these phone lines. Hopefully I only need one call. I haven't not shared this with anybody, right I feel like a magician right now.
Speaker 5: Do we know each other up on stage?
Speaker 1: Have we met before? What's going on? You guys? Don't have to do anything. I want to.
Speaker 5: I want to try something I need. I need the phone lines ringing, though.
Speaker 1: I need you to call in uh seven one three two win two five nine four five If you kind of know what we're about to get into, I just need you to call and maybe we'll take one call. Maybe it'll take two or three seven one three two win two five nine four five. I'm want to light up these phone lines real quick. I'm going to go to the phones. But first, Alex, while people are calling, okay, you tell me what's trending. Well, Fanny Friday is trending obviously.
Speaker 6: Houston's own Ariel Salah is submitted to us this morning from home room listener Edwin, and people are checking her out. The world famous rod Ryans showpage. The buzz dot com Bezos is also trending. People talking about the Bezos Flauren Sanchez wedding in Venice this weekend, Times of celebs already.
Speaker 5: There, Leo's there and more on their way.
Speaker 6: And then F one the movie is trending because people are talking about the Brad Pitt F one racing movie that it seems like everybody's really excited about this.
Speaker 5: That's just trending. I know, if we're find the buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna go over. We're gonna just go to the phones real quick. For what I'm raw dogging on. Why I'm raw dogging them, it's going on good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's this? Justin? Dustin?
Speaker 19: Pack it up?
Speaker 1: Did you hear me? Pack it up? Pack it up, pack it in, pack it in. Nope? Good morning rod Ryan Show. Hey, rod pack it up, pack it in.
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know. All right, this might take a couple of calls. Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Hi, pack it up, pack it in? Okay, Okay, we might be here a while. Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Who's this? Okay? I can barely hear you. What's your name? Yeah, you got you gotta get the sock out of your mouth. Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Good morning. You wonder why we have chili answering these calls? Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's this? We have blown out the phone lines as well. I think we have Okay, wait a minute, Good morning rod Ryan Show. Good morning. How's it going this morning? Good?
Speaker 5: What's your name?
Speaker 15: Corey?
Speaker 1: Pack it up? Pack it in?
Speaker 12: Oh, they're good?
Speaker 1: Does that count? He account it counts. The rod Ryan Show said effects include mood swings, mood swings, the bus, the guy saved the show.
Speaker 5: Pack it up, pack it in.
Speaker 1: Let me begin, I said, seven, it's seven twenty five. Let's do it. He jump around the rod Ryan Show, ninety four to five to the bus. Thank you, Corey, Yeah, ninety four to five. Buzz Ron Ryan. I don't know what's happening here.
Speaker 5: There's all kinds of weird things happening. Hey, it's the rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Good morning everybody. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. That was House of Pain jump around and that is still fun to do each and every Friday morning. I do have some brand new music coming up for you in just a little bit. So don't don't go anywhere. Don't go anywhere, and I know I promise you some tickets. I'm going to get to those two. It's a little it's loose as a goose around here today. Loose is a goose on a Friday, which is the way that it should be. Rain Chili just came in here and said, it's nice outside. What does that mean? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I was a little worried. He walked in the studio, walked in.
Speaker 1: He's in his room. He walked in here with his water bottle. He's like, it's nice outside. I go would you go for a stroll? And he said no, that's all he said.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was jumping around. He saw how nice it was, wanting to come say hey.
Speaker 3: Thank you, because we don't see what it looks like out right, sould you appreciate.
Speaker 5: That we don't get to hang out with chili in the same room.
Speaker 4: No, it's sad.
Speaker 1: So forty percent chance of scatted thunderstorms today, hi ninety one, thirty percent chance of isolated thunderstorms Sunday. There's a good chance of rain, about a seventy percent chance. And then you're telling me that Monday, and then getting into the fourth of July weekend, we're going to be dry turning the faucet off but hot, correct, but hot. We can handle it.
Speaker 4: We're ready, all right.
Speaker 1: Last night I slept pretty good the night before. I don't know what was going on ever since you did that nightmare story on the air, I'm telling you you planted that seed. I was tossing, turning the whole thing. I'm sorry, for real, for real, flat out whatever day you did that story about like if you have nightmares, you're gonna die tomorrow. That the stories, I think that exactly what I said.
Speaker 3: Nightmare You're gonna die like soon because the stress on your body.
Speaker 1: Apple a day keeps the doctor away. You've all heard that, right, that's gotta be true. There's a new study. Researchers had people eat one unfortunate for me avocado a day for six months, and every single person's sleep improved in avocado a day.
Speaker 4: You don't like avocado, no, really no, here it comes.
Speaker 1: To guacamole people, and blah blah and the table side guac cut up. I don't like it. So okay, Penn state, eating avocados makes you sleep better?
Speaker 5: Now you get the least sleep on the show. Is it quality?
Speaker 1: Like as you look at me with your dead eyes that you were probably up to eleven last night? God damn it? What It lowered people's cholesterol they weren't really good for which they were expecting. Yeah, but they're not totally sure why it helped them sleep better.
Speaker 3: Superfood it does have it's fat, right, well, yeah, they're fat.
Speaker 1: It's their best Yes, is all the extra nutrients that avocados have, So.
Speaker 4: We're just fat and full and happy and.
Speaker 1: Fiber, potassium, fold eate, vitamin K my favorite vitamin. Really yeah, so's there's all kinds of good stuff in them. And everybody that was eating an avocado every day every single person said they slept up because.
Speaker 4: Would you be willing to try?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: There's do you want to sleep better out or do you not?
Speaker 1: Okay? Is there answer? Is there a food that just on the consistency of it that you're not a fan of? And I think it's the avocado.
Speaker 5: It's just what is it?
Speaker 1: It's just not solid enough for me, but it's not liquid enough. It's just it's a weird slimy Yeah, that's weird. But bananas are denser.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: I don't know something about Is there a food that just based on the consistency you don't like octopus?
Speaker 6: Who? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Fair?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Tofu is weird too, because it's like, what are you doing to me?
Speaker 18: What it is?
Speaker 3: Let's try and get some avocados in your smoothies or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I did with That's what I did with London as a child. You snuck it into all the stuff and now she likes them. So I don't I don't know. Maybe there is something to it. Can we play something brand new on the radio?
Speaker 2: Time?
Speaker 1: All right? Alex?
Speaker 5: Who's on this track?
Speaker 1: I mean we know it's Ed Sheeran on vocal, Yes, but who did he enlist to play on this song?
Speaker 6: There's this up and cover. His name is Dave Grohl. He is part of a band called the Foo Fighters. You guys may have heard of him before, but he is.
Speaker 1: On the drums and this.
Speaker 5: He plays drums.
Speaker 1: He does play drums.
Speaker 6: He had a good friend Nmed Kurt Oh, yeah, Chris before they were in another band.
Speaker 1: I think it was like Nirvana. I think it was what the name of it was. They were bigger in the nineties. So Dave Groll on drums and Sheering on vocals. And who's on guitar.
Speaker 6: He's a little known guy from Dead and Company. John Mayer Ooh, maybe you've heard of him. I've seen him live and a great a great record of women that he's been with. Yeah, we talked about that earlier.
Speaker 1: It's It's It's it's on the Leo is he He's in the Leo Sphere, Leo Jeter and him. Yeah, but he is on guitar.
Speaker 5: And this is a brand new song.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be featured in the f one movie It rocks. Guys. I hope you love it. I'll take a few phone calls you tell me what you think of it. It's called it, said Sheering ninety four five. The bus fine through the.
Speaker 18: City with the figures of the house beating by, with the top down. Fine, say't living toil. They will be in the crown and a ton on a stop down.
Speaker 1: I'll be calling me the click of a finger, see the world, get a pull. I'll be coming back, beloved, Fine through the city.
Speaker 2: I got caught on my side.
Speaker 1: But the pilble is up, bars burst.
Speaker 15: To the limit.
Speaker 18: I'll be bunning off like getting pim by a pop car.
Speaker 1: Louie when going down cruising. But the bath in the past and the day is coming ba you can by fours hill and die. Gotta get out of it, my scen w lie thinking fine.
Speaker 18: Out of this, putting five to see me anyway and fine scene.
Speaker 1: Middle down in the tie, try middle down and try try to drive.
Speaker 9: Out of the city.
Speaker 1: That was pitching for the leans got up.
Speaker 18: Hide on the fresh stars who let me know that that was got up in Queens cattle pad for the next part. You know I'm cutting if I'm back getting cut up because this time there was hid by some money.
Speaker 3: Le lie do and I gotta get out of it.
Speaker 18: Save less got a bar anywhere SAVET Try.
Speaker 1: Time Try.
Speaker 19: Battle Shoe.
Speaker 1: Tennis tr.
Speaker 7: HI Battle the.
Speaker 1: Tennistert Try ninety four or five The Buzz. That's new music from Yeah, we're playing it and you're in. The song is called Drive. It's on the F one soundtrack. We've kind of toyed around with it a little bit. We talked about it, we talked over it, we talked about the F one movie. But there you're hearing it for the very first time. If you want to chime in, let me know your thoughts on it. Mode Does that belong on ninety four to five The Buzz?
Speaker 4: I think if you wouldn't have said it was Ed Sheeron, no one would ever question it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I agree with you on that. Do you like the song?
Speaker 4: I love the song?
Speaker 1: You love it? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I love it?
Speaker 1: You like Ed Sheeron?
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 3: Now, I think he's talented. He's just not like my normal cup of tea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's fun to say that.
Speaker 5: Well, it's deep.
Speaker 1: Any one of you guys could play this song on the drums, So there's nothing signature Dave Grohl here. And I also don't think there's there's anything on the guitar that says, oh my god, that's that guy. You know what I mean. It's just a good song. And then it's fun that there's some other play that we know, you know the fact that John Mayer's on guitar. There's nothing signature John Mayer there. It's just it's just a good They're servicing the song. They're not like going, hey look at me, I'm I'm this big name on this track. They're servicing the song. I think it's a good you like it.
Speaker 5: I really like it.
Speaker 1: It's cool.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I like it as much as that blow.
Speaker 1: Song we did, but this is outrageous. This is really good. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, that guy knows how to write a song.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I really really like it. And I think it's a bonus that we know some of the other people that are on the track. Kenny, good morning, good morning, How I'm doing well.
Speaker 5: We're wondering how you guys feel about this and cheering song.
Speaker 15: I like it.
Speaker 1: I think it's a radio hit.
Speaker 12: Yeah, like you guys said, it kind of had that blow vibe.
Speaker 1: Nice rock.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: I really enjoy it.
Speaker 5: I appreciate the call man.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Good morning, rod Ryan Show who's this, Alisa? Alisa, what'd you think of that Ed Sheeran song?
Speaker 3: Sounds like an instant hit to me? It was it was great, it was sexy, it was it was I wanted to dance to it.
Speaker 1: I want you to dance to it now? Yes, all right? Thank you, Brandon, Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 16: Hi.
Speaker 1: What'd you think of the Ed Sheering song? It's called Drive? Uh? Really wasn't a fan. I didn't think it belonged on the World ninety four or five. What was it about it?
Speaker 14: I mean, can you It just sounded too poppy to me, sounded like I was listening to one oh four point one?
Speaker 1: Okay? Is it because it's Ed schering like let's go? And you can never take it back because you know who's doing it? Mo said, If I didn't tell you who was singing the song, you know that it's Ed Sharing. You know that he lives in that pop sphere. He thinks it's because of his name, and you know what he normally does that you can't separate the two. It could be a little bit of the name, but the voice in general, I think it's more of a pop vibe, right, Okay.
Speaker 5: Thank you Brandon?
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. Robert, good morning, A right, good morning, good morning. We're talking about.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yes, sir, I agree with Brandon Man. It sounded like a K pop version of CoA Cheese from Audio Slaves. It was still fun, you know, but definitely a little bit of a ripoff if you ask me.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, thank you. So you don't think it belongs on the bus we.
Speaker 12: This is definitely on brand.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well that's fair. Karen, good morning, Good morning, h one of our cool karens here, Karen, what'd you think of that song? Rod?
Speaker 12: I love it.
Speaker 19: I've been an Edgeering fan for ten plus years and I know he can rap, he can sing, he can rock out.
Speaker 3: He's very versatile.
Speaker 5: There's nothing that little ginger can't do.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you. He was in Game of Thrones. He can act really, yeah, he was in Game of Thrones. He was just hanging out playing a flute in the woods one day. Yes, and then he's in that Beatles movie too yesterday. I think it's called He's in that Beatles movie. Thank you, Karen. I'm gonna let Joe tell us what to do with this song, Joe last call, Hey, what's up right, what's up? What do you think?
Speaker 15: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think it belongs on ninety four to five.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: It's it's not there's not enough rock into it.
Speaker 13: I mean, there's no too much.
Speaker 1: You know. I need to hear more guitar on it and.
Speaker 15: More and more rif more something something.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's too.
Speaker 6: Hmmm.
Speaker 1: I guess it's towards the younger audience.
Speaker 16: I mean you might get.
Speaker 1: Young people listening. Y'all play more music like that. Joe, I'm the old school Joe. Here's the deal. Okay, they're pushing us old farts out of here, just so you know. Okay, they're pushing us out of here, Joe, you and me, dude, worried.
Speaker 3: About like Ivan and the hard guns.
Speaker 9: They're they're young, young kids playing dude.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you and I were on the back nine. Okay, this is this is for the front nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, dude, thank you. I really like it.
Speaker 5: But I like Ed Sheeran too.
Speaker 1: You know, my daughter huge fan, so I got introduced to a lot of his stuff. There's no denying the guy's talent. But whoever it was that said that this guy can do any type of music and get away with it, you know, same thing like with a guy like you know he had on that other track, Bruno Mars.
Speaker 5: Bruno Mars can do anything, you know.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Joe, I appreciate the call. I don't know what Wizard will do with this, but this is not the only new music you're gonna hear today on the show at eight at eight twenty, we're gonna play new music from Good Charlotte. Yes, all right, Rej, if you, if you did take the time to email me Rod at Thebuzz dot Com your thoughts on the song, I will throw all of those. I will shoot all of those over to the Radio Wizard because he's super interested in your thoughts on it.
Speaker 8: Eastun's Rocking Alternatives, The Morning Show six ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Shaw. I just got done sending all those emails over to the Radio Wizard eighty five ninety percentile. As far as the approval on the Ed Sheerance song, I think an interesting comment. I think Michelle and then a couple of others telling everybody that Dave roll is on drums and John Mayer's on guitar. Hey give us a little Dave role in John Mayer on the track. Let us know that they're on there other than other than the dumb guy on the radio telling you that that's who's on the song. Let us hear some of what those guys can do other than just you know their names on the track. And I don't disagree with that either. I don't because they were, like.
Speaker 5: I said, they were servicing the song.
Speaker 1: And if I didn't tell you that those guys were playing on that track, you wouldn't know. We're gonna play some new music from Good Charlotte at around eight to twenty this morning, and again I'm gonna be looking for you guys to tell us what you think of it right now. I got MO with Houston's headlines Morning Boring.
Speaker 3: Yesterday, a woman with a gun going through a mental crisis caused a major backup and major headlines forty five in spring Is where it happened. She got in a stand off with authorities after she intentionally crashed into an eighteen wheeler around one thirty yesterday afternoon, and after the crash, she got out of her car, pulled out a lawn chair, and held a gun to herself.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Complete highway closure, heavy police tactical presence, and finally at least one member of her family able to talk to the woman and then buy. Around six thirty pm, the woman surrendered, taken into custody when she dropped the gun and hugged negotiators as she was handcuffed. The Sheriff's office official say the woman is sixty four years old has a history of mental illness.
Speaker 4: But we're glad it ended the way it took.
Speaker 3: We know what happens when it rains really fast and really hard in our great city, and yesterday was one of those days. The heavy rainfall caused street flooding across Houston, leading to road closures, mainly Galleria Heights area. Yesterday, I kind of thought we needed to check on you, Rod, but you said your house, Yeah.
Speaker 4: We're pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have like one of those houses in the heights. Said there's no curb, there's like a ditch in front of my house. Everything was full of water. I mean, there was water all over the place everywhere, no question about that. I mean, and then the Bayous were just full popping. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So keep those umbrellas handy for today. More scattered downpours are expected, and these storms should linger and maybe be around until sunset before they dry out. So if you don't see rain, you're going to see highs coming into the nineties. Sunday more rain, but then Mondays when that Saharan dust rolls in Rod Do you still have a landline in your phone?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I just went through this with the cable company. They're like, you know, it's cheaper if you have a land line. I don't. I don't need it. Why I don't need it? Why you're trying to bundle?
Speaker 4: Still, they were good days when we depend on on landline.
Speaker 1: It was great. It was great. I think Robbie collar number ten ten, color number ten. I think I think that's one of his secrets. He gets through because he's got the land line and a cell phone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, interst got.
Speaker 1: Two lines at the house. That's why he's winning all that beer. Well, he's got the coach.
Speaker 4: He knows what's up.
Speaker 3: And it is a trend that's coming back setting your iPhone to landline mode. So apparently some TikToker posted this hack. It's basically apples do not disturb or focus function. I don't know if you've ever messed around with that. But if you leave your phone in a specific spot in your house, you can set it so it still rings, but you're not going to receive any of the other crazy alerts that bother you throughout the day.
Speaker 4: You can, of course turn it on and off, but it is a novel concept. Land Line.
Speaker 1: Maybe just I swear to you it happened to me yesterday. What happened? I got my phone in my little office studio downstairs. I go upstairs to work on some laundry. I just didn't bring my phone with me, so kind of what you're talking about. Yes, as soon as I get in that damn laundry room, the phone rings. But some of it the inconvenience of running down the hall, down the stairs to try to catch that call. Spam it important, I see sample risking my life running down I'm like, no, Liamline.
Speaker 5: Thing is one part I don't like this.
Speaker 3: He's been on our minds a lot this week, and apparently we aren't the only ones thinking about Brad Pitt. He's out of the country promoting this new movie that we've been talking about all week. F one and cop say his la home was hit by burglars who knew he was out of town. The actors home was reported for a break in. Three suspects entered the home. Brad's beautiful face was flashing across our screens as.
Speaker 4: He was in Japan promoting his movie.
Speaker 3: It's been happening a lot where celebrities are getting targeted because people fat guys know that they're not home.
Speaker 1: The football players were getting like yes, Patrick Holmes and stuff like that. They were getting.
Speaker 3: The Greadashian thing happened when she was posting about where she was with all this jewelry.
Speaker 4: You just have to be careful. We did get our first movie review for the f one movie. Did you see it?
Speaker 1: Daniel?
Speaker 5: It was Daniel from Dallas.
Speaker 3: He said he writes a random Mexican movie reviews. Yea, and he would be happy to share it with us.
Speaker 1: Did he give it a B minus?
Speaker 4: Yeah, B minus.
Speaker 16: That's good.
Speaker 3: I still want to see it. Let's talk about Chevy Metal. They are the cover band started by the late Food Fighters drummer and they've lined up a summer run twenty twenty five headlining shows. I'm looking through this list. No Texas states yet, but we know. The cool part of the story is that his son, the seventeen year old Shane is going to be on the drums representing. We'll watch for more shows as they're announced. Best of luck to them. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: He gets done with that summer run, he would be free in the fall.
Speaker 1: Huh. And food Fighters have some shows in the fall. Who's going to be that Foo Fighter drummer? I don't know, nobody does fair, I don't know, but give the kid a shot.
Speaker 16: Here we go.
Speaker 6: The Ascos got another win yesterday. They beat the Phillies two to one. They give just one run to the Phillies over their three games series. Tonight, they're going to open up a weekend series with the Cubs. Brandon Walter be on the map for the shows, going up against Chicago's Cad horton first pitches at seven and ten. You can listen to it on our sister stations, Sports Talk seven to ninety News Radio seven h. In soccer, Houston Dynamo FC is gonna be back in action tomorrow night. They're gonna host Saint Louis City at Shell Energy Stadium. That will pick off at seven thirty and you can watch it on Apple TV. Team USA is going to play Costa Rica in the Gold Cup Quarterfinals on Sunday night at six o'clock.
Speaker 1: In rugby, the.
Speaker 6: Houston SaberCats are gonna play for their first championship tomorrow afternoon. They're gonna take on the New England Free Jackson the Major League Rugby Final. That game starts at one pm and you can watch it on ESPN two.
Speaker 9: That is what's going on in sports, rock and alternative for The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Six to ten AM.
Speaker 12: The Buzz.
Speaker 14: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Friday Friday.
Speaker 16: Friday, we Bam Friday.
Speaker 7: You got a free Bam Friday.
Speaker 15: You got a free Bam Friday.
Speaker 7: You got a free Bad Friday, Free Bad Friday, Friday, Bam Friday, and Friday e Bam Friday, Free Man Friday.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show. Hello, Hi, good morning, Hi, Hello Hello Hi, Hello Hello ho hi hi Hi, good morning. These phones have been weird today. I think I've been a little weird today too, but I think the phones are weird. Good morning.
Speaker 5: Is there somebody here that I can talk to on the phone?
Speaker 4: What's your name?
Speaker 1: We'll do? What are you waiting for me?
Speaker 6: Up?
Speaker 1: Step into the room, Come on, join the party, bro. What's your name?
Speaker 16: Hey?
Speaker 1: Dude, you're calling number ten.
Speaker 5: I want to give you some beer, man, that's all I want to do.
Speaker 4: I feel like a man in a van with some candy rod.
Speaker 1: I can't come on in, Come on in the van.
Speaker 5: Don't worry about it.
Speaker 4: What did you say?
Speaker 3: Your name is.
Speaker 1: All right? Can you hear me? Okay, yeah, yeah, okay. I do think there's something weird going on with the phones today. But you're awesome, Christian. I'm gonna give you the third case of beer today. Where are you from? North Side?
Speaker 5: Enjoy your beers. Have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: All right, Thank you, my man.
Speaker 5: I'm glad that worked out.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to go to I don't want to go to someone else. I want to Christian to have those. We do have some new music coming up for you. We're not gonna escape the rain for the weekend. Sunday's our best chance of rain this weekend forty percent chance today, thirty percent tomorrow seventy percent chance of thunderstorms on Sunday. Highs of around eighty seven. Not too I mean, temperature wise, we're fine. The rest of the country freaking out a little bit.
Speaker 5: People are looking for cool caations. That's the new thing.
Speaker 1: If you guys wanted to like learn something new today, tell me cool cations. You're skipping the heat. You're traveling somewhere with cooler temperatures this summer, Places with mountains, lakes. Alex likes to say, go out and touch grass forests. I like that. Google trends. Cooler travel destinations are on the rise right now. People are swapping out Florida for a lack going on vacation in Alaska, ditching desert heat for places like Canada and Ice and Iceland. I don't think it's it all that icy and Iceland.
Speaker 4: I don't know that's where it's green.
Speaker 1: Greenland is icy and Iceland is green. Yeah, I've heard that too.
Speaker 4: I mean, I get it. It's hot here.
Speaker 1: Chili was talking about these you know up north heat advice. I said, there was a heat advisory in Buffalo, like ninety three, ninety five. It's like those pussies. I'm like, what do you think they say about you when there's just one little snow flaking on the ground and you guys all want to go home and you want to shut down the city.
Speaker 5: What do you think they're saying up there about you?
Speaker 1: What do you mean schools are closed. There's not even a dusting of snow out there. Why are you guys losing your mind?
Speaker 12: I love it.
Speaker 5: So it's just you know, North South throw.
Speaker 1: Are we ever going to get along? Maybe on the flip of this break, we got a w rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we're gonna play some break new music. What do you got for us, Alex, Something brand new?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: You like it? Okay, that's the name of the song. Yeah, brand new music from Good Charlotte. I'm gonna ask you guys to be the music director again of this radio station. I'm gonna look for your input rock and alter very soon. The Ryan Morning Show, I'm six to ten am. Welcome back, everybody. We're gonna get into some brand new music. This is fun playing a lot of new music today on the show. I will I will get to in cage the Elephant. Tickets I know they're going on sale today at ten, So after we get done with all this new music business, then keep me honest, let's give away those tickets this hour. Let's give away those tickets this hour. So that's coming up. I'm looking at it right now. We got a new song from Good Charlotte. But first, Alex, what's trending? Squid Game is trending?
Speaker 6: The third season of Squid Game is out now and people are talking about that.
Speaker 1: Was there a second season that I didn't get in on.
Speaker 5: I guess I'm gonna out of business with this season.
Speaker 6: If you would imagine there is season two before that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, people told me that season two half two.
Speaker 6: I would also imagine if they have another season, it would be season four.
Speaker 1: I have no rhyme or reason why I didn't get in on season two. I really enjoyed the first season of it. I loved it. You never watched it, did you? No, I'm made a pact. Why why you just be so stubborn like that? Because I'm not gonna watch it now? It's really good?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: And then I asked people shouldn't squid in it? Should I take the time to watch season two? And everybody said season two was really good? So there's a third one the Squids and then I'll maybe think about it. And by thinking about it, I mean you won't do it. You're a squid.
Speaker 5: You're a squid. I'm looking at a squid.
Speaker 1: You're you're a swim scene. Thank you.
Speaker 5: I'll take that as a compliment.
Speaker 6: Any Friday trending Houston Zone Ariel salah Is is submitted to us this morning by home room listener Edwin, and people are checking her out the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 5: If you haven't yet, I recommend you do so. I think you're gonna like quitch to see.
Speaker 1: And then Bill Moyer's is trending.
Speaker 6: The former presidential aid and journalists passed away at the age of ninety one. I'm not too fromamiliar with is where, but that's what people are talking about, mister trending on how you provide the vice?
Speaker 1: How familiar are How familiar are you with Good Charlotte? Pretty familiar? Yeah? What do you over there?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Our little Country and Western expert. What do you know about Joel and Benji Madden?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 3: I know that one is married to Nicole Richie and the other one is married to Cameron Dies.
Speaker 1: You got a fifty to fifty shot.
Speaker 4: I don't know which is it.
Speaker 1: Who's Benji married too? I no, No, I don't know. I don't know either, but I know that So we did this when we were doing Houston's headlines. This week, and we we hip you to the fact that there was new music from Good Charlotte. Alex said, it's really good, guys, shut up, take a listen, and I said, well, okay, send it over to the Wizard listen to this, and he's like, well, do you want to play it? I'm like, we should let people listen to it and let them decide. I'm going to give the Ed sheeran song about a ninety percent approval rating. Well, okay, I'm gonna want to hear what you guys think of this. It's brand new music. That twins are it again. It's good Charlotte. The song is called Rejects. You can call me afterwards tell me what you think. It's ninety four or five of the bus.
Speaker 15: I was little and.
Speaker 9: No one, no worse.
Speaker 15: All my friends they were sex.
Speaker 1: All my feelds didn't know.
Speaker 6: I was always tager, feeling.
Speaker 11: Like this big.
Speaker 1: Words gonna I'm talking to myself, Chushi.
Speaker 19: I was in the All my friends, Yes, they're all read.
Speaker 3: Chats Hey, I love me.
Speaker 8: They don't mean yes.
Speaker 12: I say I.
Speaker 1: Want again sep so sound when I wasn't bold. Can't get it.
Speaker 2: I can't get it.
Speaker 6: I can't.
Speaker 15: And I can't stand.
Speaker 1: Win us said.
Speaker 15: Talking to.
Speaker 1: Like, waita was it? How was that song?
Speaker 15: Sound?
Speaker 2: Saus wasn't boded.
Speaker 8: Like this?
Speaker 1: When we want a cat that.
Speaker 11: I was.
Speaker 1: So sound sat a way stop? Wasn't boded? Ninety four or five buzz brand new music from Good Charlotte. The song is called Rejects. What I know about it is it's been about seven years since those guys have put out some new music.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 1: The album will be titled Motel du Cap. It'll be out on August eighth, and I'm gonna let MO start with hearing that for the first time. Good Charlotte Rejects.
Speaker 4: I think Alex said that it sounded like Stacy's Mom.
Speaker 1: No, Rod said, I did Is it that?
Speaker 16: I that?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 3: I couldn't unhear Stacy's Mom And I just got a text for my friend that said, you're right, it sounds like Stacy's Mom.
Speaker 1: Okay, is that a good thing?
Speaker 3: I think Stacy's Mom was a very catchy song that still gets in our heads.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what'd you think of this.
Speaker 5: Sounding like Stacy's Mom?
Speaker 4: I mean the lyrics are.
Speaker 1: Kind of sad, is it? Yeah? Should it's bright sounding. It seems like there's some dark content.
Speaker 4: I don't want to sing it out loud.
Speaker 1: That they're singing about so, but that's I guess that's on brand for them. Alex, you heard the song when we were kind of toying around with it, when we said that there was new music coming by them.
Speaker 8: I think.
Speaker 1: I think the day it came out is when we told everybody about it and you said that you couldn't wait. You gave it a listen. I did listen to it. I liked it a lot.
Speaker 5: I mean, it does have the Stacey pointing out that, yeah, I can hear that in it.
Speaker 1: But it's sorry.
Speaker 6: When you get in the coins, it sounds just like good Charlotte. Like it sounds like they didn't miss a beat, And I'm like, if you're a good Charlotte fan, you will be very happy with it. If anybody calls in and says, like, I love Good Charlotte, I hated this song that sounds that seems weird to me because it's very unbranded with what they always do.
Speaker 1: It kicked in right there where it was supposed to kick in. Yes, if you like, you couldn't call me and say, well, I was waiting for something to happen.
Speaker 5: The thing that happened happened. That's what's happened.
Speaker 1: And it happens in all their songs where it's supposed to happen. Those guys craft proper songs and they don't ever. I mean, if you like good Charlotte, you're not let down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you send it back to you, You send it to your ex that you still want to get back with. See they like this banner when we were together.
Speaker 1: See see this song makes me think of you.
Speaker 5: And maybe that works.
Speaker 6: Maybe he doesn't, probably won't, but keep us posting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought it was good. I'm looking at an email here it says you're killing me, Rob. These new songs are killing my morning vibes, like we're ruining Sam's morning.
Speaker 3: Sam figuring it out, Dude, it's not use to you.
Speaker 5: We're ruining Sam's morning right now now.
Speaker 1: So I we're introducing your new things.
Speaker 5: So here's the phones. Really Yeah, then they're just satisfied with what they heard. Chilie's just kind of chitchatting with one caller. That's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it, Chili bringing to me. See what he says, Hey, good morning, good morning, Hi, what's your name? My name is Trenton. You're the only person calling right now. I don't think I should tell everybody that you're the only person calling right now. I'm hanging on your every word, Trenton, what'd you think of that good Charlotte song? I don't know.
Speaker 12: I thought it was pretty great, you know. I mean, I do understand that it does have that kind of Stacy's mom bob with it.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's like an instant classic for them.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 12: I mean it was really patchy.
Speaker 1: I mean, if I didn't say it, someone else was gonna say so somebody, Yeah, somebody was going to go Stacy's mom on that.
Speaker 5: So I'll take credit for ruining the experience for everybody.
Speaker 1: You like that overall? You liked it?
Speaker 12: No, I thought it was great.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 12: I feel like after overtime it's going to get more radio playing.
Speaker 1: Will it catch home with it?
Speaker 15: I don't know.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's good Charlotte. So I hope they could come back and, you know, make some good music again, you know, do some good things.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean they're they're a known band, They're they're proven. They I don't think they're letting us down here at all. Gabby good morning, Good morning, ron. Hey, I'm trying to get some feedback on this good Charlotte song and radio wizard he's listening, so tell him specifically, the guy that programs this radio station, what should.
Speaker 20: He do with us?
Speaker 1: I think you should play it on the radio.
Speaker 19: I'd be happy to hear it.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't go somewhere else if this was on you promise.
Speaker 6: No, Yeah, no.
Speaker 19: I love Good Charlotte. I like to listen to them when they played the rich and Famous, the little thing stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good. I mean, it's just it's the formula, is there. Thank you? I appreciate it. I mean we're still waiting for that summer jam to hit us. Did we just hear it?
Speaker 5: I think did we just hear our summer jam? Steve the Breadman? What'd you think that ski?
Speaker 12: I don't know if that's the summer jam, but I think Alex nailed it on the head where he said his very own brand with the old school. It's good Charlie did take.
Speaker 15: A little bit to pick up, but when it did I definitely.
Speaker 12: Enjoyed it a rock.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you for the call. Steve the bread Man, he's one of those weird listeners. That's up earlier than us. I appreciate it getting the bread out there. Kelly, I'm gonna wrap it up with you. What do you think?
Speaker 16: Hello?
Speaker 1: Hello? I loved it.
Speaker 16: I got in my car like a little before halfway through the song, so I didn't know what was happening, but as like I was trying to get my phone to figure out what song this was because I loved it. It was very, very good.
Speaker 1: Charlotte's cool.
Speaker 5: It's a great way to wrap it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I agree with what you're saying. I think it's good. I like it. Yeah it's hurt, Yes, nobody's getting hurt.
Speaker 16: I instantly added it to like my gym playlist and my pool playlist, like I'm a big fan.
Speaker 10: So.
Speaker 1: Wizard, It's in Kelly's playlist already working out, and now I'm seeing mo like rocking out to it. Earlier, I get like it's growing on you. Sometimes you need that one more time, you need to hear it. A couple of times.
Speaker 5: We already did that once today.
Speaker 1: We didn't need to do that. Against did not smile.
Speaker 12: Smile.
Speaker 1: He said that I told you, all right, thank you, thank you for all the calls.
Speaker 13: Again.
Speaker 1: I will shoot all the emails over the Radio Wizard because he really is interested. We are all, we are all interested in your opinions on these things. It's why we come in here every day. So tell us what to think of that. And I still have some things rolling in from the Ed Sheer and song we played for you last hour, So email me and I'll shoot these over to the Radio Wizard. Can we give away some tickets? Yes?
Speaker 4: What would you like to give away?
Speaker 1: Let's do the cage the Elephane. Oh, I can do that.
Speaker 4: I think they're going on sale today at ten am.
Speaker 3: Make sure you're ready ticketmaster dot com or you just have to be called ten right now. Seven one three two one two.
Speaker 4: Five nine four five.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys.
Speaker 5: Run Ryan Show ninety four five.
Speaker 1: I'm spooped. What the buzz? N ninety four five The buzz? Good morning, rod Ryan Show Offspring, pretty fly for a white dude. Good morning, Free beer Friday. My goodness, how did that happen? We only have one case of beer left to give out to you. Thank you Specs for the beers again. Uh, that's how we are able to bring you these four cases each and every Friday. So straight up at nine o'clock and then we'll flip the phones over and then it'll become even more your show as we do open phones Friday. I look forward to that. We're gonna leave you with those pit tickets for or tomorrow night. I need someone that's down to party down dt P. I need somebody DTP. I know the show. You gotta be DTP down to party tomorrow in the pit the Summer of Loud tour. But right now we've got tickets that aren't even on sale yet. Good morning, Hello, I was this This is real quick. Did you hear that good Charlotte song?
Speaker 6: I liked it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You liked it? Huh? Yeah?
Speaker 10: I thought it was good.
Speaker 1: I mean, you don't got to say that. I'm gonna give you the tickets anyways. If you thought it was crap, it's fine. You know you can speak your mind here. This is a free space. You're in the Trust Tree.
Speaker 17: No no, no, I liked it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I liked it too, Not everybody did. I don't think I've ever played a song for the first time on this radio show and it got one hundred percent approval rating. This one did pretty good, a little bit better than the ed cheeran song. I don't think people can get past the kid ed cheering, like, oh, who as us? Tracy?
Speaker 5: Your caller number ten MO.
Speaker 3: Tell her what she's wanted, Tracy, we're sending me to Cage the Elephant Sister of October sixth seven, one three musical.
Speaker 5: Sorry, the crickets are great.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Tickets don't even go on sale till ten am. But you are in Mama, congrats, excellent.
Speaker 1: Thank you all right, Tracy, thank you. Have a great weekend. Okay, thank you. Thanks. I'm going to have a great week out. Now there's a there's a local kid on three Things you Must See Today. Why, well, I think that that.
Speaker 5: I don't know how Chili has these in order.
Speaker 1: It's probably the lifeguard that got impaled by a beach umbrella in New Jersey this week. I saw that. You saw it like the wind picked it up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she was trying to tie it down, and then.
Speaker 1: Now you have this thing that's just flying through the air.
Speaker 4: She's okay, yeah, she did interviews yesterday.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the the umbrella, or as I said, some people say, the umbrella, it went through her armpit and came out her back. I know this is like Rod, I'm trying to eat my breakfast.
Speaker 4: She's fine, She's okay and ready to get back to work.
Speaker 1: So three things you must see. I thought you might want to see that.
Speaker 4: But the you're not actually seeing it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you can. Yeah, there's some things the does anybody care about the Associated Press? It's just like a national news organization. They picked up on a story of a kid here in Houston. He's twelve years old. I don't know him, i'd like to. Apparently he goes to animal shelters and he plays music for the dogs. Stop.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like his violin.
Speaker 1: He noticed that it had a calming effect on his own dog, so we thought the other dogs might want to be in on this too. So he looped in some other musicians and he started a charity called Wild Tunes, and they're now performing at nine different shelters here in the Houston area. And then I think Denver and maybe New Jersey picked up on this kid's He came up with this, and now it's branching off into other places. So it's called Wild Tunes. I got the link and I got the story and everything. Twelve year old kid, who are you show yourself? This is a great story. So we put it on three Things you Must see Today. It's awesome, huh, So make sure you and there's a lot of stuff on the website, but this is one of the things you really need to look at. The buzz Rock and all tearing into very soon Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am the buzz Good Voting Rod Ryan Show. Oh I can't wait. We got Veer coming up for you. And then open Phones Friday. Chilie's gonna open up every single fold line. What do you guys want to talk about? What kind of cheap plug you want? I mean it's free, right, I mean we're not charging you want. You want to get like a plug in for the weekend. You want to talk about your local band, gutsuff coming up? You just want something to say, You want to talk about some of that new music we played today, whatever you want? What almost anything goes for Open Phones Friday, So I really really really look forward to that. So beer, open Phones, and then oh yeah, pit tickets is what we're gonna give you before we get out of here. On mo the show, she's sitting on one you should get off of those. She's sitting on a pair of pit passes for tomorrow night summer of loud tour. So after she gets off of those, now she's going to give them to you. They'll be warm, all right. Yeah, those are going to be given away at about ninety fifty. We'll get rolling with all of that. But right now, there she is. She's got Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: What's up, broad Good morning. Yesterday was a busy day in the headlines in Houston. We started out with a woman with a gun going through a mental health crisis that caused the major backup on forty five in Spring yesterday.
Speaker 4: And if case you weren't following along, she got into.
Speaker 3: A standoff with authorities because she intentionally crushed her vehicle into an eighteen wheeler around one thirty, got out of her car, pulled out a lawn chair, and held a gun to herself in the middle of the highway. Complete highway closure, heavy police and tactical presence. Finally, one member of her family was able to talk to the woman, and around six thirty in the evening, she surrendered, ended up hugging negotiators as she was handcuffed.
Speaker 4: The Sheriff's office said.
Speaker 3: The woman sixty four years old, history of mental illness. Glad it ended the way it did, But also in the headlines yesterday were thinking murder suicide in Magnolia County. It started when we heard about a seventy seven year old man whose wife found him gruesome scene, horrible trauma and a.
Speaker 4: Machete next to his body.
Speaker 3: Two minutes later, we see the headline about a head on collision involving a dump truck, and we come to find out that two things are related. The man had driven his car purposely into the dump truck.
Speaker 1: Listen, if there's anybody out there struggling, this is thank him. Yeah, they got that, you know, like that's it not.
Speaker 4: To somebody, Call anybody if you.
Speaker 1: Need to talk to somebody. If you don't have someone to talk to, there always is someone available, Yes, if you dial nine to eight eight. If you're struggling and thinking about all those families.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in the thick of summer vacation season, we are a new study.
Speaker 4: We all need to hear.
Speaker 3: It justifies your feelings after you get back from vacation, you feel like you need another vacation to recover from that perstvacation.
Speaker 1: Well, if you're taking a bunch of kids with you, and that's what it's about, recharging the battery.
Speaker 3: The new study says that it takes parents two and a half days to recover from traveling with kids. That's fifty seven hours and thirty six minutes, y'all. The key to getting through it, though, is funny. Parents say they'll do anything. You bribe your kids. You buy some toys that you wouldn't usually buy around mid trip, and unlimited screen time. I know it's against everything you believe in, but it'll get you through the little vacation.
Speaker 1: I learned on this show. I don't know if you've ever talked about this, but people actually educated.
Speaker 8: Me on this.
Speaker 1: What is it You use both terms in doing your story. People who told me there's a vacation and then there's taking a trip. There's two differences. If you're taking the family, you're.
Speaker 3: Going on a trip, it's parenting at a different location.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, I thought that was interesting.
Speaker 1: It is funny. There are Yeah, there's vacation and there's trips.
Speaker 3: So vacation is maybe not including your children, Yeah, less heart, whenever you believe so, I need a vacation.
Speaker 5: You got trips coming up, or you have vacations coming up.
Speaker 11: I like it.
Speaker 5: I like I gotta have a trip coming up.
Speaker 6: I guess I need it.
Speaker 3: The big entertainment news that this whole week has been the Jeff Bezos Lauren Sancho's wedding that's going down in Venice. Very lavish affair, celebrity sightings against the protests. We've got the Orlando Bloom there maybe single, Katy Perry's not there. And finally, yesterday, the elusive Leonardo DiCaprio was cited.
Speaker 4: His girlfriend also there.
Speaker 3: The paparazzi dying to get a picture of the two of them together, but they were very careful not to be holding on to each other, so no pictures were taken. Who is nel That's what you want to know, right, Yeah, what do we know about Leonardo DiCaprio. He's fifty years old, and he doesn't like women that are over twenty six exactly. His model girlfriend Vittoria Siretti. I believe she's twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Ool, Oh my goodness, long in the tooth.
Speaker 3: They happy for the couple and excited to see more wedding details.
Speaker 4: You know, I like that stuff.
Speaker 1: Good for him.
Speaker 3: The music world more into the loss of the beach Boy Brian Wilson. Right, yeah, Brian Williams. Sorry so that run Wilson. Yes, sorry, I get to myself. Get the report, okay, Brian Wilson. His cause of death was released yesterday finally, and it's just sad.
Speaker 4: He was eighty two.
Speaker 3: He had a hard, long, good life and I don't even know if I want to tell you.
Speaker 4: It was just he was eighty two.
Speaker 5: He had old people's stuff going on a lot.
Speaker 4: So he was hard on his body during his life.
Speaker 1: It's on the music blog page. I mean, we know that he suffered with some mental things, but he also was a genius. Yeah, I mean, like Alex is a genius. He's a little off.
Speaker 3: One day when you pass in a peaceful way, we're going to take your brain and send it off and send it off to science and figure out what's going on up there.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, the autopsy and all that stuff. If you're interested in that, if.
Speaker 4: You're interested in it, it's out.
Speaker 1: There's some headline, some great stuff on the music blog page headlines what you got.
Speaker 6: The Astros got another win yesterday. They beat the Phillies two to one to sweep them in their three game series. They give just one run over all three of those games and night to open up a weekend series with the Cubs. Brandon Walter is gonna be on the mound for the Stros, going up against Chicago's Cade horton first pitches at seven ten. You can listen to the game over on our sister station's Sports Talk seven to ninety News Radio seven to forty k t H. In soccer, Houston DYNADFC is gonna be back in action tomorrow night. They're gonna host Saint Louis City at Shell Energy Stadium. That'll kick off at seven thirty and you can watch it on Apple TV. CMUSA is gonna play Costa Rica in the Gold Cup Quarterfinals on Sunday night at six o'clock.
Speaker 5: And in rugby, the Houston.
Speaker 6: SaberCats are gonna play for their first championship Tomorrow afternoon. They're taking on the New England Free Jacks in the Major League Rugby Final. That game starts at one pm. You can watch the game on ESPN two. That What's going on in Sports.
Speaker 9: Houston's Rock Houston's Alternative All Day, and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety five bus.
Speaker 7: Right Bam Friday, you got Free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. You got a free band Friday, Free Bam Friday. And right bam Friday, Bam Friday, Free bad Friday.
Speaker 1: Right right right, Good morning rob Ryan Show, Good morning. Hello. Hi. Who's this? That's Tyler? How are you great? Tyler? Your color ten? I'm gonna give you the fourth case of beer today. Yeah, dude, where are you from? Uh?
Speaker 6: Conroe?
Speaker 1: All right, Conroe on the beer board. I've got a case for you. Chillie's gonna set you up with all the information. Wait to close it out, Tyler, have a great weekend.
Speaker 17: Thank you all, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Tyler still sending a few over to the Radio Wizard people talking about some of the new music that we played for you today. You could use open Phones Friday for just about anything that you wanted if you wanted to continue the discussion about the good Charlotte song or the Ed Sheeran song that we played for you today. Yeah, I mean everything's on the table for what we call You're in luck.
Speaker 5: It's open phones Friday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's open phones Friday. You know the number seven one, three, two and two five nine four five.
Speaker 5: We've been sitting on a letter over here I just wanted to site notes.
Speaker 14: Do you have it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's right here.
Speaker 1: What's I don't remember the dude's name from Amsterdam that calls in every now see yeah? Does it say don't open until he calls?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 4: Immediately. When I get a package, all I want to do is rip it open.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm not one of those. If you're a weirdo that gets Amazon packages and you're like, well, I'm going to open that up tomorrow, how do you do that.
Speaker 5: We've been sitting on this thing and it says on their way till I.
Speaker 1: Call to open this.
Speaker 3: Please wait with opening, Yeah, till I'm on open phone Friday.
Speaker 5: And I don't think that he's been on with us in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 4: We've had that for a waiting.
Speaker 1: We've had that for about three weeks. I hope he gets through Netherlands. Yeah, Fernando, good morning, Good morning. Hi, Fernando. Just turned down that radio and let's have a conversation here. What do you got going on?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 1: Man, Hi, what's up? Oh? He got scared? It's what I'm on the radio, Adam the cop. He won't get scared on me. Good morning, Adam. Well, what's going on, brother, Are you road tripping? Did I see some like loading up the family and the holiday truckster. You guys are on the road somewhere.
Speaker 14: Yes, sir, we're on the road head in Missouri through Oklahoma.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm so thankful you're calling. I have some follow up questions. I saw your picture you said in this morning. Why are you going to Missouri?
Speaker 15: Uh, it's just a family trip.
Speaker 1: I've done every year since I was born. Always Missouri State Park.
Speaker 19: Out there we go camping, to go fly fish and indios ark.
Speaker 3: That's amazing. I guess Branson, which is, you know, like a little e Hall town.
Speaker 1: Yes, one day I knew it.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's so cool. I'm happy for y'all. Have the best time. Drive safe.
Speaker 5: What time did you leave this morning?
Speaker 1: I got on the road about three thirty, so I got ahead of scheduled to date.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 16: Now.
Speaker 1: Listen, I know you're a cop andall. How do you get your family to move at three thirty in the morning to get in a car. I would never be able to do that. I don't see me getting on the road before six seven. Maybe.
Speaker 15: Well, my four year old's been asking when we go in to Missouri since we left flash year.
Speaker 1: So kind of made it easy.
Speaker 4: All right, they're still kind of safe. You just like throw them in and strap them up.
Speaker 1: If I'm not saying that you would ever do this, but if you got pulled over speeding, would you just show your badge and you would get the kind of like, oh you're one of us, and they would let you, they would let you go. How does that work? I'm not saying you're speaking secrets now, but the hand, I guess have you ever have you okay, you're you're on the air. Have you ever have you ever given a ticket to have cop I have not.
Speaker 15: There's like a wall for if Sophomo get because he's been uh he's we.
Speaker 14: Gut about three thousand dollars a toll violation, so if I catch him, he'll get one.
Speaker 1: But that's about it.
Speaker 5: He's an officer.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of money.
Speaker 15: Somewhere.
Speaker 1: All right, Adam, thank you man Safe Track.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks for calling.
Speaker 1: Randy. Good morning, Randy are Rotney?
Speaker 7: What do you say?
Speaker 18: Bro?
Speaker 16: What you got?
Speaker 15: Bro? Real quick? I know MO hasn't seen it, but that.
Speaker 1: F one's got to be a remade.
Speaker 12: One of the greatest actors because that's.
Speaker 15: The Loan made one.
Speaker 1: Are Driven? Oh? We were talking earlier this week about the best car race movies.
Speaker 5: I don't know that I saw Driven. It's a people, but people did mention it.
Speaker 1: We put that on Facebook and people said, have you guys not seen the Semester Stallone movie? When is it old?
Speaker 5: I said, mid two thousand, honestly, don't know.
Speaker 19: Maybe twenty ten.
Speaker 6: Guessing but him man, oh no, a couple other characters, but but yeah, it's a it's a Formula one movie.
Speaker 1: Is Sylvester Stallone the driver? I mean he's clearly too old to drive? No, he is the driver? Is really Burt Reynolds is in that movie too? Okay? Burt Reynolds g Nucker Sean is his girlfriend or wife? You're right? Everyone said, I mean we what did we come up with? We said, one of the best racing movies. I mean, somebody said Herbie the Loan One.
Speaker 5: Somebody said Herbie the love Bug.
Speaker 1: But there was a lot of Talladega Knights, Yurious Ricky, Bobby Fast and the Furious, and then the Tom Cruise one. Rubin is Racing Thunder. Yeah I don't remember that, Like those are the big racing movies that everybody was talking about. Thank you, I appreciate it. You're not the only one, but you know what, Days of Thunder. Thank you.
Speaker 5: And for Randy, I'm so glad Randy got.
Speaker 9: Through Houston's Alternative and home.
Speaker 11: At the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five, the buzz.
Speaker 1: Here we go. It's us. We're back. I'm gonna get to your phone calls. It is open phones Friday. I got a full bank of calls. I can't wait to hear from you. But first, hmm online it's flicks online.
Speaker 13: Five.
Speaker 6: The what you got over there by Today's aol is called Giant Animals and it's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: It's it's a zoo in.
Speaker 6: Crimea has put little models of cities and a bunch of the animals enclosures and they just look like Guy Zilla walking out.
Speaker 1: It's pretty clever.
Speaker 6: You just scroll through all of them, like look at this. Look at that bear cat right day. So he's laying on top of of a bus. That's pretty sick. This monkey's leaning on a little plane, but it looks like he's way bigger than the plane.
Speaker 1: Looks like King Kong. This guy's crawing on a castle. Check that out.
Speaker 6: And a raccoon just walking down traffic looking like gus giant animals. Go check it out, go get a laugh. Today on a Friday, I think one famous ride right and showed bages plus dot.
Speaker 1: Com giant animals, animals that aren't really really look giant.
Speaker 5: The scenes are small.
Speaker 1: Yes, I got it.
Speaker 12: I like it.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you. Open phones for Friday, Open phones for Friday, more like open phones Friday. Yay, Okay, Frank.
Speaker 5: You've been holding the longest Good morning.
Speaker 14: What's going on?
Speaker 16: Brother?
Speaker 1: Roll subdude, you're on the air.
Speaker 5: What can we talk about?
Speaker 1: Oh man, I'm just trying to see how all these people are winning the free beer.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 1: I put it in like one hundred and six calls this morning. I culturally every Friday, that son of a bitch will not put me on the air. I call, and he doesn't. It doesn't go through. I just it's ringing, it's ringing, it's ringing.
Speaker 5: I hear this Robbie guy all the time.
Speaker 1: He's winning free beer.
Speaker 5: I don't know how bro your phone works.
Speaker 16: I'm gonna have to take some notes from him or something.
Speaker 15: I don't know what they're doing.
Speaker 1: Maybe Robbie can do like a podcast, and it's like, call her the name of the podcast, call her team. I don't know how they get it. I think they're just animals when I ask people, do you really call like all the time, and you just call and call and call because they think the people that do get through are relentless.
Speaker 5: And I love him and I love him.
Speaker 19: Okay, but I can barely hear y'all, so let me get off the line, all.
Speaker 5: Right, Frank, thank you. I don't know if Frank swore, I don't know.
Speaker 1: He's just Frank was wondering how to get through for for he got through, for he got through for open Phones.
Speaker 5: He's on the air, the phone works.
Speaker 1: We do pick up chili.
Speaker 5: Obviously you know screened him and got him ready to go.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 5: The beer's tough.
Speaker 1: The beer's tough on phones ring all morning long, except for when we played the good Charlotte song.
Speaker 5: It took you a while.
Speaker 1: Then you called Robert, you're next up on open phones. Good morning, good morning. How you guys doing awesome? Better that you're on the show with us? Now what do you got?
Speaker 15: Oh man?
Speaker 12: I I just want to say I appreciate you guys. Most a great addition to the team.
Speaker 15: Alx Chilly, thank you.
Speaker 12: Uh man, this is the first time I've ever gotten through. I love listening to.
Speaker 1: You guys, been listening forever. Did amazing. I'm just thank you for really kind words. Thank you for that when you when you picked up the phone and you called, did it just ring and then Chili said hi? And he puts you through to us? Or did you did you call him? Not that simple. I called a couple of times, got a ringtone or you know, Disney signals.
Speaker 5: But Dane I came through, and man, when I heard his voice, I was like, man, it was so I was stoked.
Speaker 4: Every time I hear Chili's voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when he comes in, he says good morning to us, calls us a name, he as some sort of a bad word name.
Speaker 4: First thing.
Speaker 1: That's how he greets us in the morning. It works though, Big Lou, good morning, what's up brother ro there's Big Lou? Everybody, I don't know. We were just waiting for you to get through for open phones, Man, what you got for us? I want to talk some more about the head to head. Okay, most you are liking, girl, they're like real questions. You like it?
Speaker 3: I like it because I mean, sometimes you get the other player that has no clue.
Speaker 1: I mean some of her questions so far stump me, like I have no idea who that is? And that's great. I mean this morning, what a bigger premier question?
Speaker 15: Come on?
Speaker 1: Really, who doesn't know it's corpus? You know?
Speaker 12: I keep it up, girl, I like.
Speaker 5: It, Thank you, big Lou.
Speaker 1: It was like so kind of them to say that it was two nice calls in a row.
Speaker 4: Okay, so we need a mean one.
Speaker 5: All right, here comes Colby's going to really lay into us.
Speaker 1: Now, Hi Colby, Okay, good morning, Hey, good morning, and what you got for us? You're on the air for open phones. Good morning.
Speaker 15: So I was trying to see, like for our heads and head on Thursdays, like y'all throw back Thursdays. I was talking to see how to how to do or request the song because it's the song where it's a group that I feel like, don't you played enough?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: Lo okay, what what is it?
Speaker 6: Creed?
Speaker 5: You don't think we play enough?
Speaker 1: Creed?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Like my sacrifice higher anyone in them? I bitch you'll win so bad Thursday.
Speaker 1: I mean I don't, I don't, but I think we played. I think we play a Creed song today. We did play a Creeden song today, Yes.
Speaker 15: The day, the day, I don't look listen to it the day.
Speaker 4: That's a little bit for him right now.
Speaker 1: But I'm okay, well, you know with arms, water b arms you need here, here's what we Let me just take this and I'll shoot this over to the whiz though, maybe like a deep cut something that we haven't heard from Creed. There's Creed songs that are in rotation, and then there's songs that maybe we're played back in the day that aren't are no longer played.
Speaker 5: I'll off the top of my head, poddle of mud.
Speaker 1: There's there's some puddle of mud songs that aren't in regular rotation. But we do go deep. Let's go deep on a Creed song. Okay, if you have an idea, Colby, email me again. Higher and some of those things with arms wide open. This stuff is played in regular rotation. But maybe a deep cut from Creed. I think that would be a great addition, and I think it would win too. I do JD the truck driver, you're next up?
Speaker 17: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Brother? Rod? What's up?
Speaker 8: Bro?
Speaker 1: Where are you driving? Today. Well, well, I just turned through in Missouri.
Speaker 17: Dn Aga. Really thanks a trip up too, Like those are up to Murraymack caverns and all that kind of good stuff. It's a fantastic place to go to. You could take London there.
Speaker 1: She would enjoy it.
Speaker 17: And Mo, you need to take your children there and they would love it.
Speaker 9: Awesome.
Speaker 1: Also said, y'all we're fouling.
Speaker 17: They have grown up, they have fledged the nests and the way you did, I would try to figure out why how you tell a male uh eagle from a female eagle?
Speaker 12: And it's on their it's on their side.
Speaker 17: The female is larger than the male.
Speaker 1: I thought there was gonna be a joke there.
Speaker 8: And.
Speaker 16: No, no, no no, And I know what.
Speaker 17: The children, the children they had will not get their white heads and their white tails until they're five years old.
Speaker 1: Dropping dropping knowledge bombs. Are you in the truck right now?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 17: Keep it to get you get questions?
Speaker 1: See mo, here you go. Yeah, yeah, all right, that's another line open, it's open, phone's Friday.
Speaker 5: What do you want to talk about?
Speaker 1: Clearly? Just about anything goes here? Seven one three two win two five nine four five pay. We don't need your attitude.
Speaker 8: We have one of our own, The rod Ryan Show on ninety four five, The Bus ninety four five, The Buzz, It's bad Omens, and just present, Good morning rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: Well, Freemer Friday has given way to open Phones Friday. It's open phones. Friday just said that, dude. Uh, Chris has been on hold the longest. Every fault mine is packed right now, but keep trying. I'm gonna try to get in as many of these as I can before we got a break. Seven one, three, two, two, nine four five. Chris, thanks for hanging in there. Hey, brother ro how you doing great? Man? What do you got for open phones? All right?
Speaker 19: Man?
Speaker 12: We got two race car movies that didn't even come up, and I think are probably the two best. Okay, I'd like to hear this Heart like a Wheel, The Shirley Muldowney story.
Speaker 1: Oh, Shirley chat chat Meldownie. She was a dragon car racer when I was a little kid, so I even knew he was.
Speaker 12: The first lady drag racer.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, they made a movie about her. Yes, remember was it a big Was it a big name celebrity that played her? No?
Speaker 12: Not really?
Speaker 1: Okay, and then what's a really really good movie?
Speaker 5: Okay, what's the other way?
Speaker 15: And the other one was a.
Speaker 12: World's Fastest Indians not a car, but still a racing movie.
Speaker 1: Is that sided into the Lambs? What's his name? Anthony Hopkins? Yeah, yeah, there is. He's racing the motorcycle in the sult Flats or something like that. Yeah, okay, yeah, yeah, that movie got away from me. I never saw it. You're telling me that's that's a good one.
Speaker 12: That's one of those ones you got to sit down and pay attention and really enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Good call. Thank you, Chris. I'm glad you hung in there for us. Daniel Daniel, good morning. What's up, brother Rod? Hey Daniel? What you got for us?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 20: Man, I just was hearing you talk about your team knife yesterday, and we're here right down the road in the Heights. We're the knife shop where you can come to whether you need something sharpened or get a more reputable steel.
Speaker 5: I knew, I know, I know you guys. I just saw your I just saw your setup.
Speaker 1: You had a tent going on at the little market over there on White Oak. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know you guys do great work over there. Actually, and whoever the gal was behind the table, she gave me a couple of like discounted things. I'm gonna bring you my knives because they're dull, but yeah, I get it. I said that I used them three times and now they won't go through a tomato. So I mean they're from Timo, that they were cheap, they were not gonna last. Yeah, you can't. You can't do any like that.
Speaker 20: We're trying to be the knife place in Houston, Rod.
Speaker 1: We we need you to come on by so we'll outfit your rights. You're not having to downplay your Team Move purchase all right, no more knives from Team Moved, and tell everybody where you're at in the name of the name of your place.
Speaker 20: We're right there the Heights FO one zero Harvard Street, Serenity Knives, Serenity Knives dot com and Serenity Unlimited Unlimited on Instagram.
Speaker 1: I mean, these are craftsmen, these are artists. I'm obsessed.
Speaker 16: I love you.
Speaker 1: I think you guys do a really really good job on social media and keep up the good work over there. I just haven't made my way over there yet, but you're right around the corner. I promise I'm gonna come see you guys, all right, Daniel.
Speaker 20: Soot, brother Alex and Moe you as well, Chile. I know Alex has held one of my knives at one of his crawlfish things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my god, Big Rus has a bowie.
Speaker 20: Of mine and he I got a picture of him holding one of them.
Speaker 1: That's all right. I'll come over there, and I won't bring any of my team knives with me because I know you'll laugh me out of the place. Thank you, Daniel, Ruth, Hi Ruth, Hi, great Ruth. You're on open phones Friday.
Speaker 19: Yes, I'm calling this spotlight. My children they just competed. They compete in Olympic weightlifting and they just compete it at the USA with lifting nationals in Colorado Springs. How old my son got thirty?
Speaker 14: My son is.
Speaker 19: Thirteen years old and my daughter is fifteen. Wow, and my son got thirty. My son got third place in his weight class and my daughter got twelve overall. You can follow them on they're on Instagram. Yeah at mus SI US weight list. You now, they're really strong.
Speaker 1: So I wonder where do they get their strength from. I mean, this is not like listen, we were all you know, products of our parents. So Ruth, you the husband, where did they get this free of strength?
Speaker 3: They they just work.
Speaker 19: They work hard. Honestly, they are the two hardiest training kids, I would say in the nation. And yeah, if you go on their Instagram, you can see I post all their trainings and all their competitions.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 19: And they're definitely turning head man.
Speaker 5: And the goal is to make it to the Olympic of Olympics, right, I mean the real Olympic, it's not the kid one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 19: Well, I think I think they first want to make the national team to compete with internationally with him the USA, and then yeah, we'll see if they if they keep going and hopefully we have some Olympic tree.
Speaker 1: It's awesome. You're a good mama. That's awesome. Yeah, shout out.
Speaker 5: And then just think about it, like their kids are going to be Olympic.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you go and you look at Olympic athletes, even if you go look at professional athletes, take a look at the parents. Okay, okay, they weren't shaped like my dad a pair. My dad was shaped like a pair.
Speaker 5: Guess what I came out, I'm shaped like a pair.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's what you get. Yeah, you know anybody's parents an Olympic athlete around here. Okay, because you're hanging out with me, I know that, I know the answers. No, the pro athletes come from other pro athletes. At least they made it to the collegiate level. Meet Raffle Ben. Good morning Ben, Yeah, good morning bro. We haven't talked to that a long time. It's been a really long time. Good to have you on what you got, what you get into.
Speaker 19: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I just wanted to pick your brain.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I know you like drummers, and so I've been curious about if you have a take on Josh Dunn, the drummer for twenty one Pilots.
Speaker 1: You know, it's a different kind of drumming. He's a functional drummer. He's really good.
Speaker 5: He's really good. Hess a minimal kit.
Speaker 1: I use it.
Speaker 5: I use it already today. Like he services the songs.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know it's it's not slip knot. You know, it's a different you know, those songs they don't need to but when you see him live, it's different. I've seen twenty one Pilots live. So when you listen to recordings of twenty one pilots. You don't want a guy going all nuts on the drums on those songs. But when you see him live, he's an animal. He's awesome live. I mean you're like, well, well wait a minute, why doesn't he do that on the songs. I don't know. I don't know. It's just different. If you've seen him live, you do appreciate what a great drummer he is. I think he's awesome, I do for sure, But I think he's a good utility guy. I mean, Dave Role explained that Dave Roll obviously is this amazing drummer, and on that first Nirvana album, he said the songs needed to be the most important thing. They didn't need me doing all these crazy gymnastic things on the drums. They just needed to serve the songs. I think he does that on the recordings, but he's a completely different person the twenty one pilot storm. I think he's a completely different person live. Yeah, yeah, absolutely, I agree. I appreciate your take. Man, Well, dude, it's good to have you on man. Don't be a stranger, yeah for sure.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'll hut the call a lot sooner than that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Yeah, it's like it's like Ben used to help us out. Thank you. Ben h him and his wife would come down. They'd help us out with the meat raffle and somefing. We need to do another meat raffle. This guy's been holding and I'm gonna get him on. I'm gonna squeeze one one. Good morning, good morning raw Wan. The tappy man, I think the tappy man from Galas.
Speaker 3: The tamp my candy man one and I told you all about him.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I'm so black. You came and seen me most you Rod. I didn't know you were that scheming when I've seen you at the bird.
Speaker 4: Fan he needs more candy one.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I'm gonna go send.
Speaker 2: Them a bag.
Speaker 14: I'm gonna send you guys a bag next week.
Speaker 1: Now, one, just give me the Sports Center edition here. How long has that candy shop been open in Galus thing because it's an institution.
Speaker 12: Yes, it's been opened since seventy nine.
Speaker 14: It's been La King since seventy nine.
Speaker 1: Okay, how long have you been there? One, I've been there.
Speaker 14: For over eleven years, and I've been making candy for eleven years.
Speaker 1: Okay. And when you when it comes to like the recipes and the things are they like a guarded family secret. Are you like?
Speaker 14: He has that all formulas there that we do not share. And there's something that you can probably find online, but you might not get the same exact formula that we have.
Speaker 1: Well, you know it's delicious candy because Moe brought us in all that candies she brought she was thinking of her friends. Oh wait a minute, No, no, she didn't bring any to us to have candy.
Speaker 3: One throwing candy at my kids and I was like, that's enough candy.
Speaker 1: One. She told us all about you, and she thought it was funny. She's like, oh my god, there's a Ryan show and you think it was nice to see you in the Oh.
Speaker 14: Man, I'm so glad to see I'm right, I recognize her. I mean she looked different when I seen that at the bus. But yes, when I made candy over there, throw it at at keys and at grown ups and I try to hit them fas just some fun.
Speaker 1: He does have the best job ever.
Speaker 15: I'm missed. I'm missed.
Speaker 1: I missed four brigs. He was over there, why running around the horse.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's why we didn't need any more candy.
Speaker 1: Well one good to have you are you working this weekend? Oh, I'm on my way to work right now. Okay, won And what's the first thing you're gonna make? What are you gonna work on when you get to the candy store? What's the first thing you're gonna make?
Speaker 14: When I get them, I'll make the banana taffy. Banana's the best sellers, the top seller, number one sellar all year long, so I have to make that before the weekend comes.
Speaker 1: Way to go one. Thank you bro, Thank you morning that he said, I throw candy at kiss that's what.
Speaker 4: He does, and he tries to hit him in the face, Like that makes my life.
Speaker 1: When kids come in here, I throw my highlighters at him like I got all these pennss and just whip.
Speaker 3: It's trying to be nice.
Speaker 1: That kids so fun. Thank you one. That's a great way to wrap it up here on open Phones Friday. We have a great ticket that we're sitting on and chili waited because the show is tomorrow. Tell me about it.
Speaker 3: Summer of Loud Tour twenty twenty five tomorrow in the Woodlands, and we have a pair of pitch passes. So do you want to see I prevail Bear? Tooth, Kill, Switch, Engage, Parkway Drive, and more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that list goes on and on. Right, We're going to.
Speaker 4: Give you a chance to win them on No the show.
Speaker 1: All right, pit passes on the flip of this brake, stay.
Speaker 9: There, Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and the rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Bus ninety four or five The Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan Show. Sitting on a really really big ticket here, it's our final pair. We've been doing it all week. Pit passes. What a lineup tomorrow night, the Summer of Loud Tour. We've been talking about this for a long time. I'd prevail, Bear, tooth Kill, Switch, Engage, Parkway Drive, Devilwaar's prada Amity Affliction, Alpha Wolf, a lot of bands. Man, can you handle the pit? Do you mow the show? Moe? What do you got? Hey?
Speaker 3: What's the trendy new term for traveling somewhere cold O?
Speaker 5: We did talk about that today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so one, one, three, two five.
Speaker 1: Thank you Hey, Alexa play ninety four point five the Buzz on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 11: Getting ninety four point five to the bus station from iHeart Radio, Houston's Rock and Alzer and it.
Speaker 1: Is ninety four five the buzz. Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Let's read out chili peppers. Where are they from? Where are they from? More?
Speaker 4: They the ones from California. We are from California mentioned it apparently a lot.
Speaker 1: It's Danny California. Good morning everybody. Uh, we're getting ready to wrap up this Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 5: Free beers all day, the great tickets and then you.
Speaker 1: Know how chilly does it? Maybe he likes to leave like sometimes the best ticket for last so and I think that's what we've done. Here is now time for you know this show on ninety four five the buzz.
Speaker 19: La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: La la la la la.
Speaker 12: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Good morning, brod Ryan Show. Who's on the phone. Jeremy, Hey, Jeremy, how are you? I'm good?
Speaker 5: You think you mow the show?
Speaker 13: Here?
Speaker 1: Is that what you're calling for? Oh? Yeah, what did I say? You need to be d down to party?
Speaker 7: D t P?
Speaker 1: Are you DTP tomorrow yet? Third? Exactly my birthday tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Jeremy, you just got a wide open Please get this correct.
Speaker 5: Wild Mo would you ask this guy a question?
Speaker 1: This is his birthday tomorrow? Please jare me?
Speaker 3: Please, goase on this guy ruin it, jere me, what's the trendy new term for traveling somewhere cold?
Speaker 1: Get this right? I know you're Joe Jeremy. You got to be kidding me right now. Tomorrow is your birthday? If you half the question, if you needed to get out of this heat and you went somewhere that was a little cooler, what are they calling these? Dude? It's your birthday pit tickets? I thought it was going to be the vacation vacation in a cool place, rod A vacation so you go to a cool place. So they've cleverly called that a one. What a vacation in a cool place? What are they calling that a Yes, it's his birthday? No, bro, have an awesome birthday. That was horrible.
Speaker 4: We tried really hard to help them.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 4: You can't help everyone.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's this? Good morning, Daniel, Daniel, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: MO.
Speaker 1: What's your question?
Speaker 3: Hey Daniel, what's the new trendy for traveling somewhere cold?
Speaker 1: A coolie? A vacation?
Speaker 4: I was working with that guy really tried it's a vacation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really tried to give it away. Colocation.
Speaker 3: What do you got, Daniel, You, sir, are going to the Summer of Loud Tour. You're gonna be in the pit, which means on Monday, you better email us to your selfie in the pit?
Speaker 4: Okay, friend?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 1: Wow, Oh, it's the guy's birthday.
Speaker 10: Mo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that wasn't on us.
Speaker 4: He didn't even try. He didn't even try.
Speaker 1: All right, Daniel's in the pack.
Speaker 3: Daniel's gonna be there. He's gonna send us a selfie.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. I could have used a little more cow bell. You're gonna want that cow bell. I gotta have more cow bell.
Speaker 5: Baby.
Speaker 1: I got a fever and the only prescription more cow bell. This guy's birthday.
Speaker 4: I can't do that. Yeah, today, but that's when the pit tickets were active and he had no prid to.
Speaker 1: Do what you can to get to your birthday and he didn't.
Speaker 3: Let's all right, Daniel, because he's gonna be to day.
Speaker 1: Daniels. Oh, I'm sick about it. I'm gonna go throw up. It's a guy's birthday. Cool cas Who put those.
Speaker 5: Two words together?
Speaker 1: Anyways? It's dumb, all right. Old Greg is done. We're done with Old Greg. What a horrible day. He'll be back like the guy's birthday we ruined. Now Old Greg's not going to be on Monday because he lost this morning, fresh out of bed. Head to head. It's three time Hall of Famer Brian that came on this morning and beat him. So he wants to be on with us all next week. He could get into the Hall of Fame if he won Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. We got a short week next week. Fremier Friday. Thank you to Specs for the beers was Heather, Justin, Christian, Christen and Tyler. Yeah. Yeah, uh Marina.
Speaker 4: You remember Marina.
Speaker 5: She won the falling in reverse tickets.
Speaker 4: She was so pumped.
Speaker 1: All right, we are here next week. I don't know who else is gonna be here next week. We're gonna do some stuff. If you're out, I get it. If you go fireworks shopping. Our friend's top Dog Fireworks. But all next week we're gonna be playing with them top Dog Fireworks and they're gonna give us some money for the backpack, so we're gonna talk about that next week. I'm really excited. Great tickets, great everything. It's a four day work week and then we'll turn you loose for the long weekend next weekend. But I'm looking at my little float chart here. It looks like Chili has six picksy okay, can't wait. Can't wait. Jeremy's up next non Stop noon or pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour. Guys, have an awesome weekend. Man, thank you so much for today. I'm sorry we've ruined that guy's birthday. I can't stop thinking about it. Like, the whole show is good, and then we just we destroyed that guy cool cation. Who would ask such a thing? Hey, I'm as.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that fun? If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcasts.
Speaker 8: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.