Speaker 1: Today's presenting sponsor is simply Safe Home Security. It's August peak vacation season. You're sitting on a beach trying to completely forget about the news cycle for five minutes, but you can't actually relax, so you're staring at your phone wondering if your house is secure. Unlike traditional security systems that only alert you after a break in is already underway, Simply Safe It's designed to help stop intruders before they get inside. Smart AI powered outdoor cameras detect suspicious activity the perimeter and alert live US based agents to step in. Simply Safe agents assess the threat intervening through the outdoor camera at the scare offf trespassers, and call nine to one to one dispatch. Our CEO, Lucinda now is a simply Safe system in her home. She said the installation was quick and easy, and the system was up and.
Speaker 2: Running in no time.
Speaker 1: The app and all the components of it are super reliable, and not only does Lucinda enjoy the peace of mind being protected by simply Safe, she also enjoys visits from a squirrel who likes to say hi to the outdoor cameras.
Speaker 2: So that's nice too.
Speaker 1: Simply Safe has been protecting your world for twenty years. Celebrate their anniversary and save sixty percent on your new simply Safe system at simply safe dot com slash crooked. That's sixty percent off. It's simplysafe dot com slash crooked plus when you order, write in our show name in the How did you hear about a survey to let them know we sent you. Don't forget there's no safe like simply Safe.
Speaker 3: Welcome top plid, Save America.
Speaker 2: I'm John Fabr, I'm John Lovett, Tommy Veetor.
Speaker 3: On today's show, the Iron ceasefire officially expires, just in time for Iran to potentially escalate the war. We'll talk about Trump's strategy of doing nothing, his decision to take out his frustration on South Korea, and his reaction to John Ossof saying that all the President wants to do is quote, travel with Natalie. We'll also check in on the Senate map, specifically why Mary Paultola rejected Kamala Harris's endorsement, and whether a stolen pen might help flip Texas. Then Tommy talks to Brian Poindexter, the union iron worker taking on Max Miller in Ohio. Before we start, just a reminder if you haven't subscribed already, please consider subscribing. To become a friend of the pod. You get AD free episodes of this show and all your favorite cricket shows ad free. Plus you get a whole bunch of subscriber only shows like our secret extra episode of Pods of America called Only Friends, and Polar Coaster with Dan Pfeiffer and Terminally Online. You get access to a bunch of great substack newsletters, and you know, you get to support independent pro democracy media. So cricket dot com slash friends, go subscribe if you haven't already. Okay, let's get to the news. August seventeenth is love its birthday and wow and the day that the MoU of Versailles officially died.
Speaker 2: Happy fiftieth man, boy, Yes it's a big one.
Speaker 3: You do look a day over forty?
Speaker 4: Ye oh nice?
Speaker 2: Thank you guys.
Speaker 4: This lighthearted ribbing, that's what friendship's all about. Here on my birthday.
Speaker 3: Now it's going to be in the history books.
Speaker 4: I had a cupcake over the sink this morning before coming into work.
Speaker 2: Why'd you do that? Because it's Monday?
Speaker 3: And it's your birthday.
Speaker 2: I bring it in what I put a candle on it. Okay, that's nice.
Speaker 3: It was already there at least singing as well, or just you.
Speaker 4: My friends brought over a cupcakes yesterday.
Speaker 2: I just dated.
Speaker 4: I left everyone on the sink in a shameful way to celebrate the day.
Speaker 2: That's all. Nothing wrong with that, Nothing wrong with that at all. It's tasty.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, happy birthday, thank you. The uh so, the the MoU died, but it never really lived. The sixty day ceasefire agreement between the US and Iran wasn't much of a ceasefire. In fact, five Americans were killed during that time, and it led to zero diplomatic progress on opening the straight of horror moves or the fate of Iran's nuclear program. The Wall Street Journal has a big story about how intercepted communications show that Iran actually used the last two months to prepare for a bigger, longer war, including churning out more missiles and drones. Trump has used the period to pretend the war wasn't happening, and on Monday, he said that he's not in a hurry to end it, that Iran should raise quote the white flag of surrender, and he told Fox News that he's considering quote bombing the shit out of Oman if they get in the way. He expanded on all this during a press avail in the Oval on Monday last week.
Speaker 4: You said that you would soon declare the Straight of Horror Moves to be a territory of the United States.
Speaker 5: Could you elaborate, WELLY.
Speaker 6: Think it's a great idea. Yeah, I mean it. We control it with the blockade. We have a blockade. We control it with the blockade, and I like the idea of declaring in a territory. We have total control over the street. Now they can be a nuisance, They can put a mine in the water, and people don't like having mindset. They have billion dollar ships.
Speaker 7: You know this morning you said you would bomb the ass out of Oman if they got in the way of reopening the Straight of Horror Moves.
Speaker 2: Would you say you're out of patience with Oman?
Speaker 6: A strategic behaved very well, But we handle them very easily, just.
Speaker 2: Like we do others.
Speaker 3: Correct me if I'm wrong here. Didn't didn't The MoU sort of set out that Oman was going to help mediate talks with Iran about opening the straight.
Speaker 1: I think Gatar was the mediator, but oman is who he The Iranians and Omani's have been negotiating a deal where they basically control the straight up hor moves and charge fees. So apparently that's why he is mad at them.
Speaker 3: Weren't they were? Are we? Are we allies with them in some ways?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: We don't.
Speaker 2: We shouldn't be bombing them, that's all.
Speaker 3: That's what I was wondering.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, we don't want to bomb them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're sort of you know, oman Is Likeugh, we can't deal with these despotic, irrational, religious authoritarian zealots, so we'll have to just deal with Iran instead.
Speaker 3: So I think most of us had forgotten that the MoU even existed. It seems like there's a pretty concerning gap between Iran strategic thinking and what an Atlantic piece the other day called Trump's new strategy of nothing. Tell me what do you think about where we are right now?
Speaker 1: That journal piece was interesting because it it just got at the fact that the Iranians had a strategy, they had a plan for those two months. They don't trust Trump. They don't trust him for good reason, because he pulled out the JCPOA and because the US and Israel kept bombing them during talks, so they installed a bunch of hardliners, increased their military capacity, had conversations with the proxy groups, and prepared them for more fighting while we did fuck all there is. So Trump just has no path forward, like he knows if he restarts the war it'll cost him politically.
Speaker 2: There's no way to bomb your way to victory here.
Speaker 1: He is completely stuck, so he just does these press of ails where they get increasingly ridiculous, like now we're gonna we're gonna declare it a US territory like the Gulf of America.
Speaker 2: We're back to that kind of path for.
Speaker 3: It, and as a way to pretend that we control it when we don't. It's just like, it's also interesting that he always he talks about the naval blockade as if that's what keeps is keeping the straight open, even though the strait is not open and we don't control it. But he's somehow, he's somehow trying to confuse people by saying that the naval blockade that we have overran is what it means that we control this straight.
Speaker 4: He just doesn't want to deal with it. He doesn't want to deal with it because he doesn't like there's no there. He doesn't like his options. He doesn't like the option of escalation. He doesn't like the option of accepting a deal that's worse than the Obama era deal, if that's even on the table at this point. So he just wants everyone to stop talking about it, and when it comes up, oh that we're in control of it and we won and it's good and they lost and they're crazy, but we'll see, and then on to the next topic. Like there's no strategy. He just doesn't want to deal with it, wants to focus on the ballroom.
Speaker 3: I thought the Journal story was interesting too, because I think we've been talking for a while about how this could just end up being like, you know, aorn just keeps controlling the straight and we'd all just kind of muddle along and Trump doesn't know what to do. But it sounds like they like they were talking about the various ways they could escalate the war and what they're thinking about preemptive strikes, sabotage of undersea internet cables in the Gulf, stirring unrest in Kuwait and Bahrain, and possibly ground operations in Kuwait.
Speaker 1: What the Iranians want to avoid as a scenario where every six to twelve months the US or Israel bombs them, you know, whether it's regime change, decapitation strikes, you know, hitting their missile sites, hitting their oil and gas infrastructure. They want to increase the cost so that the US and Israel think twice about doing this. And the strategy they've hit on for doing that has been pretty smart, which is bombing all these US military installations in countries like Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and increasing the cost not only for US, but for those other countries and the Gulf. And you know, they've executed it pretty well and.
Speaker 2: It seems to have been pretty effective.
Speaker 1: And so you're seeing like the Amoradis seem to be cutting side deals with the Iranians to create an off ramp, and I think others are pretty soon going to be looking to do the same thing because like they don't want to, they don't want to NonStop constant war.
Speaker 3: I mean a Tayaran defense analysts close to the government the regime in Iran told the journal that the main war in the Iranian view has not yet begun, so that's that's something to look forward to.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 4: The other the other part of it too is having US bases, having the US military present was meant to be kind of a bulwark or defense, like look at how look at the security provided by Americans being on on our soil. But now it's been the opposite. It's drying all these attacks and then you know, oh, but the US is our partner, but it's an completely unreliable partner Oman we have trade agreement with and we're threatening to bomb them off the face of the earth.
Speaker 3: So the reasons we can't quite understand.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the only I understand why why Iran would want to signal that they'd be willing to escalate. But I can't imagine they're particularly unhappy with a status quo that looks like this either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think is to terns. I think they're prime to prevent gett attacked again.
Speaker 3: But like we just to.
Speaker 1: Remember, the Iran Iraq war lasted for eight years and it was like grueling in you know, millions Somemoi people died. And the Iranians they live there, that's where their country is located. It's on the straight of four moves. Like they know that Trump is going to give up and move on and get distracted and do something else, and they're not going to and so that's just, you know, they think they're planning for time.
Speaker 3: Well, here's one thing that's distracting him. The biggest news out of the Oval Office event was Trump confirming that he ordered the Pentagon to scale back joint military exercises with South Korea, which were scheduled to start on Monday. In a truth social post on Sunday, Trump said he thought the exercises were too expensive and a danger to quote his very good relationship with Kim Jong un. In the Oval on Monday, he hinted that he's spoken to Kim in the last couple of days and made it clear why he's really pissed at South Korea.
Speaker 6: When I called recent the president of South Korea, who I like. I think he's very nice actually, but I called him, I said, would you like to give us a little hand. We don't need help with Ran, but if you'd like give us a head with Arran. He said no, thanks, And I said, we have thirty nine thousand soldiers over there guarding you from Kim Jong un, your next door neighbor, and you're not going to help us on a very easy military operation in Iran. We can't go around and protect all of these countries, especially when they're not there to help us.
Speaker 3: Tommy, can you explain what's going on with what the joint exercises and whether this is a big deal.
Speaker 1: So we have a lot of troops on the Korean peninsula is twenty eighty five hundred, and I've had a mutual defense treaty in place with the Korean since like the nineteen fifties, and so we do these annual exercises. Actually two is one in the spring and the one in the late summer.
Speaker 2: And they are basically drills to deal with the threat from North Korea.
Speaker 1: And they've been described to me by experts is actually pretty important because there's a lot of turnover, especially in the South Korean military, and so you need to have people like have some experience doing these things. And also battlefield tactics are constantly changing. The North Koreans just sent a bunch of troops to the front in Ukraine to fight on behalf of Russia, and so they're learning how to use drones and electronic warfare and all these sort of modern systems and tools that you need to just understand. So the North Koreans, understandably, I think, hate these drills because they view it as a pretext to some sort of invasion of their country. And that's kind of been the status quo. And so something triggered Trump over the weekend. I don't know what it was, because he tweeted a photo of himself with Kim Jong un out of nowhere, as one does, and then the next day he said he put out this post about wanting to scale down the exercises, but put out the statement like, as the exercises were about to start, so to the extent you're scaling them down, I don't think you're saving a lot of money, because like the military hardware is going to be in place. The message, as you said, was basically like, if you won't help us with our little non proliferation problem, we won't help you with your little nuclear weapons problem on the Korean peninsula. I don't think that is a particularly rational way forward, but it's you know, Trump, and it's filled with peak. He also said that the North Koreans had been respectful. They're unthreatening and respectful. This came a couple of days after the North Koreans fired a ballistic missile off into the ocean.
Speaker 3: Like a second test in under a week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've done like like I think eleven or sixteen of them this year. So it's you know, not the most respectful move. And Kim Jungun's position when it comes to resuming talks with the United States with Trump is that we first have to recognize them as a nuclear state. So that's a pretty strident position in my view. So again, I think it's like a combination of this old hobby horse where he doesn't know why we you know, have troops in the Korean peninsula.
Speaker 2: It doesn't think it's worth the cost. Plus, he's bitchy.
Speaker 1: That's South Korea didn't help us with this stupid war with Iran, and now maybe it's an effort to get diplomacy going with the North Koreans, although I don't know why. He also said in that oval that Kim had gotten back to him.
Speaker 3: Yeah he did.
Speaker 1: Applied, He finally did out right, Yes, but he did one of these little teasing pauses.
Speaker 4: First, right, Yeah, like it's very well, they won't they talk about like, you know, Iran has some kind of a strategy like the US has now involved itself in this newest quagmire in the Middle East. If the president were focused on the US and its long term strategic imperatives and that was his main goal and all that was on his mind was the good of the country over over time and our allies, you might want to signal something like what is happening in the Middle East has absolutely no bearing on our ability to protect our allies in Asia, right that that we are able to wage whatever war we're waging against Iran while maintaining protection for South Korea, while protecting Taiwan, while continuing to kind of perform the role that the US performs as a kind of defense against sort of Chinese aggression. Like that, that would be something that a traditional foreign policy of either administration would signal, right, But instead he's like, because of the war in Iran, our relationship with South Korea is worse than ever. We are less likely to protect them, right and oh, because we got this ship out there for so long, We're gonna take another ship that's in the Pacific and we're gonna send that over to Iran because we actually are going to tie these two conflicts together that makes us weaker in both places. Terrific.
Speaker 2: I think that's great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I don't want any more microchips from Taiwan anyway.
Speaker 3: I'm all set so poor.
Speaker 1: The Koreans are suffering because of the war, and Iran because they get like sixty seventy percent of their oil through the straight of horm moves. So we're screwing over all these countries in Asia to begin with.
Speaker 3: It's also like, how could you not help us in this war that we decided.
Speaker 2: To launch on our own without telling you.
Speaker 3: Without telling you, for no good reason, that has accomplished absolutely nothing, but has hurt the rest of the world.
Speaker 4: Especially and by the way, where I said even in this sentence, we don't need your help, it's like, you know, Korea is coming over for dinner, and like Trump's like, you don't need to bring a thing. Where's the fucking wine.
Speaker 3: So, as you mentioned, the Navy pulled its last carrier out of Asia to relieve the USS Abraham Lincoln, which he was also asked about in the Oval. This is the aircraft carrier that's been in the Middle East since November, and the conditions have been so horrible and there's also reports that at least two sailors tried to take their own lives by jumping overboard. When asked on Friday whether the deployment had gone on too long, Trump said no, no, no, not nearly long enough. Here's how we responded on Monday in the Oval, they were another food on.
Speaker 5: The USS Lincoln.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was a CNN fake report. The Lincoln has been out there for a period of time, good period of time, but over the years, we've had him out there much longer at a group meeting.
Speaker 3: In an a fake news story. So Pete Hagsath said the situation had been completely misrepresented in the Commander of centcom Admiral Brad Cooper, visited the ship over the weekend and wrote in The Wall Street Journal that the stories about shortages of food and water were old news and had been addressed. So it is a different statement, very much so. So it seems pretty clear they're in damage control mode here. What do you guys think about this story? How how bad is this for them?
Speaker 4: Love it having all a ship full of people slowly losing their mind because they're on one of the longest deployments ever I think now maybe the longest deployment ever of a ship like this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're going for the records set by the Gerald R. Ford three hundred and twenty six days in Vietnam.
Speaker 4: They're so close, They're so close, so close. Yeah, sort of a worthy record to beat. And it matters that it's not a war that was approved by Congress, that the majority of the country wishes we weren't fighting, that has no real goal, that has no sign of ending. Would be one thing if it was a it was a grateful nation asking these service members to sacrifice on behalf of a cause that we all collectively endorse. Sort of a grave decision to send people there for months on end. But that's not what happened. And they know that, right The people on the ship are aware of the fact that this is unpopular. They don't know why the fuck they're there, and it's awful. And then you have hag Seth caring more about the press and Trump pretending it's not happening, and it's disgraceful. And Trump has never had a lot of respect for people who serve in the military. Sometimes he pretends to, but he finds the whole thing a bit embarrassing and confusing. I think he finds the idea of people sacrificing themselves and giving something of themselves without ego, showing discipline and a sense of purpose and mission kind of embarrassing to him because he's never experienced those feelings and it comes out over and over and over again.
Speaker 1: So the Lincoln's been at sea more than two hund and fifty days, but no port call in two hundred days, I think because the Iranians hit the base they would have used in Bob, so they've had to just be out at sea.
Speaker 2: They've had two days off I guess two days they've been at call.
Speaker 1: Yeah and so and that was on the way out there. And they've had food shortages, the plumbings all messed up, they're having mental health issues, and the jobs on that flight deck are incredibly dangerous. I mean, they've flown something like ten thousand sorties I think off of the deck of that ship. And so you imagine you're on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier. There's jets buzzing in, there's airplane, there's rotors, right like you're doing this for weeks at a time with no days off. It's very risky, and like then you hear the Secretary of Defense lie and just say, nah, there's no issues on that boat. And then you go down to like waiting a fifteen minute line use the bathroom, and you see mold everywhere. And then you hear President Trump say no, no, the deployments aren't too long. They should be longer. They're not long enough. So, like politically, this probably won't be all that damaging, like big picture, but it is one of the hidden costs of the war that people aren't talking about. And for the sailors on that ship, for their families, and for the people who actually understand what's going on. To have your presidents like belittle your service like that, to have the Secretary of Defense just lie about the conditions you're living in, it's really messed up, you know. And these guys can even call home half the time for operational security reasons. There's isolated on the ship.
Speaker 3: And it is a lie that they're telling. And we know that because the sailors and marines have you know, anonymously because they don't want to get in trouble, have been complaining about this. And you know, Tapper, Jake Toopper on CNN is talking to the wife of one of those service members who had to listen to the President say that and listen to because say that, and she was like, they can't show some empathy at all for this. She's like, just take some accountability for what's going on with your military yearships and your war. It's your war. It's infuriating. Care packages aren't getting there in time, they can't get toilet trees on the boat. It's just like, it's inexcusable. And you're right, the lying is the worst part of all of it.
Speaker 4: Podda of America is brought to you by Act Blue. If you're listening to this podcast, we don't have to tell you how high the stakes are in the midterms and in twenty twenty eight. Act Blue is the platform that has powered democratic campaigns for over two decades, giving candidates up and down the ballot the tools they need to fundraise, organize, build an online presence, and win. And this year they've launched an organizing platform built specifically for the people doing boots on the groundwork.
Speaker 2: Act Blue field tools.
Speaker 4: Taking back the House and winning vital local elections across the country doesn't start in October. It happens now, and the doors knocked in phone calls made by volunteers this summer. The energy is there, and act Blue field Tools is built to mobilize it at scale. Field Tools has already helped more than three hundred and fifty thousand volunteers get to work across all fifty states, handling texting, phone banking, and canvassing so teams can focus on what actually moves voters, meaningful conversations with real people. Plus, all the features work together in one platform, making it easier than ever to mobilize your community wherever you are. Act Blue never sells your data or personal information, so you can stay focused on what matters most, donating, organizing, and helping Democrats win. This November elections could come down to just a few utter votes. The work that will win those racist starts now, and it starts with you. Get started at ActBlue dot com slash crooked. That's ActBlue dot com slash crooked.
Speaker 1: Poseive America is brought to you by Neutrifol. Summer calendars fill up fast weddings, concerts, sporting events, backyard barbecues. It feels like every weekend is something going on. When you're out seeing people and making memory is confidence in your appearance is nice to have in your back pocket. Adding Neutrafold to your daily routine is a step in the right direction. Neutrifoil is the number one dermatologists recommended hair grow supplement brand, and it's the number one hair grows supplement brand personally used by dermatologists and me and love it. Neutrals hair growth supplements are peer reviewed, NSF certified for sport and clinically tested. It's not a one size fits all approach. Neutral offers multiple formulas for men and women tailored to different life stages like postpartum or menopause, plus your individual lifestyle factors such as a plant based diet, so you get support that's actually.
Speaker 2: Right for you.
Speaker 1: Order online, no prescription needed, with automated deliveries and free shipping to keep you on track. Plus, with a neutrafol subscription, you can save up to twenty percent and get added perks like a free headspace membership if you've been looking for an excuse to take the plunge on meditation. Let your hair become one less thing taken up space in your head and see thicker, stronger, faster growing hair with less shedding on your head in just three to six months with neutrifol. For a limited time, Neutrafol is offering our listeners ten dollars off your first month subscription and free shipping when you visit neutropoil dot com and enter the promo code crooked. That's neutrofol dot com spelled nutr afol dot com promo code crooked.
Speaker 3: So the story about the Lincoln is already finding its way onto the campaign trail. Here's Senator John Asoff talking about it and a whole lot more on Sunday.
Speaker 5: And while the sailors on the Lincoln fight his war, while he fruitlessly drains our munitions and oil reserves, the President sleeps through his meetings, He golfs and trade stocks.
Speaker 3: See, he doesn't want to do the job.
Speaker 5: He wants to build his ballroom and travel with Natalie on their apparently defenseless flying palace gifted by the Emir of Qatar.
Speaker 3: So Natalie, of course refers to White House aid Natalie Harp, known as the human Printer, who was chosen over several Cabinet officials to join Trump in the catering cart on the way to the secret flight home for their book. Maggie Haberman and Jonathan Swan also got their hands on quote raw emotional letters that Harp had been leaving in Trump's private spaces, including one that read quote you are all that matters to me. Notes that reportedly alarmed the Secret Service, according to Maggie Who, boy.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's why they had to switch planes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what do you guys think of asoff mentioning her by name?
Speaker 2: God, he made news.
Speaker 1: You know, he's obviously like alluding to the rumor that this is more than a president's staffer relationship. There might be something romantic going on that he might be having an affair.
Speaker 2: It made news, it went viral.
Speaker 1: I think there's a question of whether it might kick up media coverage of these allegations now in a way that is frustrating to the White House. You can tell it really really pissed off the White House staff because Stephen Shock, the communications director, put out some unhinged statement.
Speaker 2: Then the.
Speaker 3: John Jackoff got him, got him.
Speaker 1: Then the Rapid Response forty seven account, which is like the White House Rapid Response account, went after the journalist who asked about the quote from CNN. So they are attacking everybody at the moment.
Speaker 3: This is what they tweeted the White House rapid response account at Christen Homes. Someday your children will come across your disgusting and inhumane question. They will be sickened and embarrassed to have a parent be so callous and vindictive. It's quite troubling.
Speaker 2: Boy.
Speaker 4: I just, I just, I'm just sad to hear that she's gonna allow our kids to have so much screen time. And also it's sort of a thrilling idea to imagine our kids having electricity. The uh uh there I saw like Scott Jennings trying to doing the suite of like, what do you say to young women working in politics?
Speaker 3: The MAGA people are trying to say it's sexist.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I just say, any any of women thinking about politics, don't fuck Donald Trump as a rule. But also, uh, and.
Speaker 3: In fairness, right, we have not that we know that that's of course not of.
Speaker 4: Course not and just in fairness, like that's obviously the rumor that everyone's talking about, but nobody's suggesting that Trump is trying to have sex with Dance Cavino, who was also in the cart right, but yeah, and Walt co conspirator and so yeah, like I don't who knows or pet or we part he was on the secret plane.
Speaker 3: He wasn't who knows what they're doing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look, the letters are like whatever people want to insinuate a romantic relationship. Like the letters are embarrassing and gross enough, the fact that she is called the human printer because she just sort of takes this dictation, the kind of worshiping praise she's heaped upon Donald Trump is really I think, you know, is plenty beyond.
Speaker 2: Just the sort of the rumors.
Speaker 4: But I do think like the amount of shit that, like the amount of like Scott Jennings saying, what are you going to say to young woman who want.
Speaker 3: To work in politics?
Speaker 4: In that press conference that we just had it on our office just a normal day. It won't even be covered. It's so like normal and expected. Now he just sort of lit into a CNN reporter like stop yelling, stop talking, be quiet, just like sort of directed at this woman, like he is this endlessly disgusting and sexist, So like, oh, what would I what would you say to young women because of this insinuation? Like Donald Trump is a misogynist, He's a sexist, He's disgusting, and that will be the great shame of this era for any woman associated with him, any man associated He.
Speaker 1: Led into this, that reporter in the most condescending sexist way in front of a sixteen year old lifeguard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with his guest in the office, and then.
Speaker 4: Turned to the lifeguard. It was like, don't you agree, don't don't get into it.
Speaker 3: Can you believe these people?
Speaker 4: They get it, these lifeguards get it.
Speaker 2: This kid's like, I want to go home. This is worse now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's there.
Speaker 3: You don't even have to do the like what about how bad he is to women either? On this It's like that there were like, obviously we know why Ozov included the word Natalie there, but there were like a million ways he could have done that that could have been fairly characterized as like cheap, cheesy, resist lib blue maga bullshit, you know. And the point he was making is that anyway. First of all, anyone who watched the clip, it's not like you just get as off insinuating something. You get this image of Trump who like is a buffoon who like bungled his way into a war that we're all dealing with and paying for while he is corrupt as hell, not wanting to do his job and just hang out right, right, and then Natalie, it's inserted in that whole story. But like she wrote that letter, that's you mean, You're all that matters to me. The Secret Service is alarmed. Trump himself has said, according to Maggie and Jonathan in their book, that she will never leave me. After all of you will leave at some point and go on and make money. And she loves me as much as my wife and children, and she will never leave me. When you have all that out there, and he says, yeah, all he wants to do is travel with Natalie. I think that's fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's reasonable.
Speaker 3: It's pretty reason. That's all he said.
Speaker 2: It's not not weird.
Speaker 3: What are we talking about again? Apply all those facts to Barack Obama or Joe Biden or anyone else in the White House.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Joe Biden would kill to someone that loyal. Yeah, no, I said, I'll leak it about how old he was.
Speaker 2: I'm sure Scott.
Speaker 1: Jennings was very upset about allegations of infidelity about Bill Clinton, our previous Democrat presidents.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, yeah, you want to insinuate anything after she's leaving him? Notes in private spaces that say, you're all that matters to me.
Speaker 4: By the way, Like maybe it is is just like I have no one of us knows and like I.
Speaker 3: Don't I don't even care that In that case, he's just creepy. In that case, he does just want to travel with Natalie.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Maybe he just likes having a sycophantic, pretty young woman around him all the time who sends him worshipful letters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he takes around the catering cart with him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe she was hungry.
Speaker 1: Yep, there's a there's a third plane where you just get to avoid the consequences of all your bad decisions. It's a catering cart. That's where we go start a war. But a plane number three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Honestly, the mistake in Osoff's statement there was saying all they want to do is fly on the defenseless plane gifted by the a mirror of Katar, because that wasn't the plane they went on either.
Speaker 4: You might want you might say that a second plane has hit the Trump administration scandals.
Speaker 3: In a sense, you know, you think about it, You may want to say that. You might want to say that, you may want to say that Trump was actually asked about Osof's comments in the Oval on Monday, and here's how we handled it.
Speaker 2: If you've found your travel when you're a Natalie Harper, build the ball and the junior job as president, what is done on up.
Speaker 6: You mean pee wee Herman pe we Hermalkali, No, I would much rather do other things. It's say, we're building a great facility here. We have presidency coming on September twenty fourth or so, I think it's September twenty fourth, and we'd love to have two thousand people coming to dinner and celebrating a nice evening, et cetera, et cetera. But we only have a room that's going to hold eighty nine people, and eighty nine people is not appropriate. So maybe more importantly, it's totally secure with bulletproof windows, bulletproof sides, it's a drone proof. It's missiled every at the top of the line, and we need it. And especially with what's happened unfortunately to the world, you could say the people that are opposing the ballroom are people that, in my opinion, are very disloyal to our country, very very disloyal to our country. You know, when I was in China. We went to the Great Hall of was this big, beautiful building, and we don't have anything like that, and we have to have that. It's very important.
Speaker 2: It went on forever.
Speaker 3: President, She's coming. What am I supposed to do? I need to make this place look nice and fit all the Chinese who come with him. And when I went there, they had this beautiful everyone's saying wonderful things about him, and they have this great building and every.
Speaker 4: The handsome young senator says that you're focused too much on building a space for parties. And he's like that guy. He reminds me of Pee Herman. Now let's talk about some of these parties I'm thinking about happening.
Speaker 3: Also, it's like, let me pivot from Nattalie Harp to my true love, the ballroom construction.
Speaker 4: I honestly, if you don't love this ballroom, you don't love America.
Speaker 2: Not his best rejoinder.
Speaker 3: No, that's also tough because that's like the disapproval of the ballroom is it like pretty high and it's a lot of disloyal Americas.
Speaker 2: Pivot to something politically damaging.
Speaker 3: We haven't talked about the ballroom construction in a while. On Friday, the Trump administration petitioned the court to allow construction to continue after an appeals court upheld a ruling the Trump exceeded his authority by building without congressional approval. Trump's solicitor general told the court that construction is already sixty five percent complete. So this adjunct, this injunction takes effect on Friday. They've got an emergency appeal to the Supreme Court to save them. What do you what do you guys make of this? What happens here? For the court says you can't proceed. He's already got half of it built, more than half of it built.
Speaker 2: It doesn't really seem like a win for anybody. You know, Well, it's just a hole in the wall and hole on the ground.
Speaker 4: Now, then you got to go to Congress and get it through Congress to fund it. My pitch is you never finish it and you turn it into some kind of museum of American failure, Okay, And it's just like like it's like the museum. It's a museum of reckless stupidity, and there'll be exhibits and different things and you can go explore it kind of like a sort of an avant garde, the.
Speaker 3: General Lee at Appomatic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a memorial, it's a more to our worst expressed. Yeah. For sure. The Knicks, we have the Nicks in.
Speaker 2: Quadrant for sure.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Wow, Quibi Quiby catching somewhere. Jeffrey Katzenberg is like, I got a weird feeling you doing.
Speaker 2: The audio the tour.
Speaker 4: Very short was great about the quiby sections.
Speaker 3: You get in and out, in and out, in and out of.
Speaker 4: Quibi, but something like that where you kind of never finish it and leave it as a kind of a warning to others, like remember when they when they were there.
Speaker 2: George R. R.
Speaker 4: Martin could do this Seventh Book of This is where the Seventh Book of Remember when there was a there was this contest or this this organization was trying to figure out how would you mark nuclear waste sites because a thousand or many thousands of years from now, if humanity has fallen, you would need to have language and an architecture that would make people afraid, even if they were more kind of had gone backwards. And there was a quote held on I want to find it. There was a line that was we could also market like an old nuclear site that we're trying to protect the future humanity from and it would just have some language that said, this place is a message and part of a system of messages. Pay attention. This place is not a place of honor. No highly esteemed deed is commemorated here. Nothing valued is here. What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us. This message is a warning about danger, and we just make that with The whole vibe is of the kind of half built ballroom.
Speaker 2: A very pithy message.
Speaker 3: Wow, free pitch for a Democratic candidate, one of those first primary debates. Who's gonna take it, Who's gonna take it? Nothing is honored here. I do find it interesting that the whole thing started is like I want the ballroom. That's what I want. I just want my nice, pretty ballroom. And now because there's legal consequences potentially, he's like, actually, it's all for the military. The military needed this space, and they are apparently like, look the underground, there's a World War II era Presidential Emergency Operations Center and they are I guess rehabbing that. And now Trump's making it sound like it's basically building a fortress around the White House where there's going to be drones protecting the White House and now all of DC.
Speaker 1: And but like, couldn't the drone base be somewhere near the White House and protect it has to be on the roof drones. Also, he also said they drilled five stories underground, which probably something that the military didn't want him to say.
Speaker 2: That stuff.
Speaker 4: It's also like, boy, Trump sure does care about the military, said two sailors splitting a taco for lunch.
Speaker 1: I'm very open to the idea that drone advances in drone technology have made the White House more at risk than before. And then maybe you know, a tent full of world leaders on the South Lawn has more risks to it than we understand or acknowledge. But yeah, it does seem like he's sort of manufacturing all these security needs in real time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just so he can get new drapes.
Speaker 4: I would just say, Also, if we're at the point where we have to worry about a military scale drone swarm tackling a state dinner at the White House, a lot of things have already gone wrong.
Speaker 3: Where's our drone port?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, this was the UFC threat, right, that someone was going to hit the ultimate fighting event on the South lawn with some sort of drone and the FBI.
Speaker 2: I broke it up. Yeah, but it's bad news.
Speaker 3: Did you guys see the uh In related corruption news? The news on Friday that World Liberty Financial, the Trump family and Steve Wickcoff's son's crypto venture, got preliminary approval to act as a bank. What do you guys think about that?
Speaker 1: It made me excited that one day our tax dollars would get to bail out that bank.
Speaker 2: That's exciting, you know.
Speaker 3: But it's exciting that nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think one day we can be a part of it.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: It's just sort of it's like Kamala doesn't have a good answer.
Speaker 2: On the view.
Speaker 4: Fifteen years later, we're bailing out World Liberty from children. It's fucking god damn it. Yes, joy, I think there's many things I do differently and were not. And then all of a sudden, whenever you're heard of World Liberty.
Speaker 1: Financial, President Osoff is like, yes, World Liberty Financial is too big to fail.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not happy about it yet.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to bail out the bank either, but the crypto. Yeah, first president in history to approve, operate, and supervise his own bank, another historic first for mister Trump. Pretty crazy because it's like, it's one thing to launch a coin, but not everyone gets to have. The federal government basically, you know, stamp that with its with national approval by giving it a charter. Because the OCC which is the office that does this that can give banks charters for the government, basically went years without receiving a single application between twenty eleven and twenty twenty four. So it's not like they give charters to anyone who wants to start a bank, but now they're giving one to the president's family, which will be regulated by the president's government.
Speaker 2: I don't see the problem with that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it also just opens up the door to a lot more kinds of corruption from foreign SARBGN wealth funds, and all kinds of other ways in which this now allows Trump to find new and exciting ways to make money. So great job everybody.
Speaker 1: It also does seem like a pretty big official stamp of approval on the crypto business and industry at a time when Congress is supposed to be negotiating and writing laws to actually govern these things, which doesn't make me feel great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think that that timeline I mentioned twenty twenty four was because after twenty twenty four, suddenly all the crypto ventures and all the you know, they wanted to get they wanted to start banks too. But you know who's got approved world liberty financial.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean so my understanding of the reason you would want this if you're the Trump family is that currently their stable coin reserves are held with a third party. So now the Trump family can issue and redeem and then hold collateral themselves and not have to pay a third party. So if you have if you have issued four billion dollars worth of US D one, which is their stable coin, you have to hold four billion dollars worth of collateral, probably in the form of treasuries. That gives you interesting and now you keep it all yourself rather than have to like go through some third party.
Speaker 3: Also, it's a competitive advantage with all the other stable coins, right because now if you want to do business with some in crypto, why not go to the use the stable coin that's backed by the US government, Because that's what's that's what this is doing.
Speaker 2: Now. Yeah, there's definitely an imprimatur of the US government on the Trump business. Now, thank you, that's wasn't necessarily.
Speaker 3: That's the word I was. I was, I was grasping for another.
Speaker 2: Pod.
Speaker 4: Save America is brought to you by Tommy John. Summer can be rough on the body. Public transport is asauna. Your walk to work feels medically unsafe, and sometimes it feels like there's not enough air conditioning in.
Speaker 2: The world to save you.
Speaker 4: But there's a big difference between enduring summer sweating every now and then and being an identifiably sweaty eye. You don't want to be that guy, and you don't have to be. Meet Air Underwear, your heat wave approved upgrade for all day comfort. Air underwear is perfect under light summer fabrics, no visible lines, guaranteed, our lightest underwear yet, designed with micro perforations for max Air's low all summer long, so you stay cool, dry, and significantly less swamp like from the very first layer. Air is built to keep your base layer breathable, lightweight, and barely there, so you're not dealing with trapped heat, sweat build up, or that uncomfortable too warm all day feeling incredibly breathable, incredibly durable. The lightest underwear you'll ever wear, over thirty million pairs sold means there are thousands of guys out there more comfortable than you are right now, so don't suffer this summer. I love Tommy John.
Speaker 2: I'm wearing it right now.
Speaker 4: I'm wearing the second skin underwear, but the air is gray too. I like it all about Tommy John every goddamn day. Go to Tommy John dot com today and save twenty five percent on your first order with code Crooked Comfort Perfected. Just use code Crooked at check out and upgrade your essentials today.
Speaker 1: This podcast is sponsored by Squarespace. Squarespace is the all in one website platform designed to elevate your online presence and drive your success. Squarespace provides all the tools you need to promote and get paid for your services in one platform. Whether you offer consultations, events, or other experiences, Squarespace can help you grow your business. Squarespace offers a complete library professionally designed an award winning website templates with options for every use in category. No matter where you start, your website is flexible to what you need with intuitive drag and drop editing, beautiful styling options, unrivaled visual design effects, and more ways to list what you offer. No experience required. Squarespace Domains makes it easy to find the best name for your business at one fair, all inclusive price, no hidden fees or add ons required. Every Squarespace domain comes with advanced privacy and security tools included to ensure your domain remains online and protected. Plus, Squarespace provides everything you need to bring more of your dream to life, whether that means building a website or adding a professional email service.
Speaker 2: Don't wait to claim your name. Invest in your dream domain today.
Speaker 1: Head to squarespace dot com for a free trial, and when you're ready to launch, go to squarespace dot com slash crooked to save ten percent off your first purchase of a website or domain. That's squarespace dot com slash crooked.
Speaker 3: Let's let's do a midterm update focused on control of the Senate. Dan and I talked on Friday Show about Nate Silver's new model. He currently has the odds of the Democrats slipping the Senate at fifty six percent as of right now. Over the weekend, the Silver Bulletin had a piece on the seven Senate races most likely to determine control Texas, Michigan, Maine, Iowa, Ohio, Alaska, and North Carolina Dems need five out of those seven, and apparently they almost left North Carolina off that list because the model is quite confident that Roy Cooper will flip that state, and even more confident that Asoff will win in Georgia, which is why it wasn't on the list. Wild, Wild is that confident about Georgia. We're going to zero in on developments in Texas, Michigan, and Alaska today, but before we do anything, stand out to you guys in the analysis of the other Senate races.
Speaker 4: The one thing just overall is how the models have to like, how scandals and other individual factors of a race matter less as polarization and party line and the sort of partisan voting becomes more and more what defines kind of the outcomes, because it tells you that as much as you're hoping that fundamentals kick in in some places, right, if they kick in too hard, say in Michigan, to kind of get abduel over, then you have to worry about what's happening in Texas. You have to worry about what's happening in Alaska, right, And so that was sort of my takeaway from it, and the other was just you know, you look across this this you know, oh, what's the pivot going to be? And you think about the difference between two thousand and six and twenty eighteen, both years where there was somewhere like an eight ash swing towards Democrats or a point lead by Democrats. And because of the map and because of luck, we lose the Senate in twenty eighteen, or we don't. We don't gain the Senate in twenty eighteen, we lose seats. And then in twenty two thousand and six we actually managed to eke out of victory in the Senate, not because we did so much better in a bunch of different races, but because in three or four races Montana, Missouri, Virginia we won by ten thousand and forty thousand, just a small small margin, and because all of those happened to tip right at the end over the line, the whole direction of the country changes. That. That was what I was sort of panic getting anxious about as I was looking at the numbers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I was getting anxious looking at them because they are more bullish than I sort of feel emotionally like Nate has Democrats winning Ohio at a sixty two percent probability.
Speaker 2: That's surprised me.
Speaker 3: Very bullish on Ohio and Texas, very bullish on Texas, MEAs Maine at seventy percent.
Speaker 1: Michigan is sixty eight percent. Now, look, I think we can pull out Michigan and it's a state we should win, But I do think like it's gonna be a battle. I guess I was just sort of surprised at how lopsided some of these numbers seem.
Speaker 3: I was surprised on the flip side of that, how they are bearish, more bearish on Iowa and Alaska than I would have expected. Iowa they have forty four percent for Democrats to win, and Alaska at forty two percent, So they were bigger underdogs those two.
Speaker 2: Than I thought.
Speaker 3: And also, you know, I look at this lesson, I think for everyone listening, like if you're looking for you know, where do where do I donate? And where do I want to volunteer? And which races should you know? They go down the list at the end and they're like, well, there's a couple other races that are you know, getting a lot of attention, but Florida, where you know, Democrats are according to the polls like maybe up a couple of points, but just the fundamentals and the model and everything else just make it seem like there's there's not a great chance in Florida, like it's quite a long shot, and then even more of a long shot Nebraska, which was sort of a surprising to me as well. And Kansas. People have been talking about Kansas recently. And then of course, like you know, we've we've talked about races in Mississippi and South Carolina and stuff like that, and those just aren't on the radar at all. So you know, if you, if you, if you want to pay attention and help out in a center race, those seven tend to be the big ones. So Texas is the most likely tipping point state in the model, meaning that it's the state most likely to determine control of the Senate. Right now, Silver has the odds of Tallerco winning at fifty nine percent. One big reason is that Ken Paxson is an awful candidate, and sure enough, tall Rico is out with a new ad where he's endorsed by the guy who's one thousand dollars pen was once stolen by Ken Paxton.
Speaker 7: Let's watch this is Ken Paxton, and this is Ken Paxton stealing someone's thousand dollars pen.
Speaker 3: Here's what happened.
Speaker 7: The incident happened at the Collin County Courthouse, the same courthouse where Paxton would later be indicted for investment fraud. Paxson walked up to the trays next to the metal detectors, rummaged through them, and came across someone else's expensive mont Blanc pen. He decided to take it for himself. The pen belonged to Joe Joplin, a local attorney who accidentally.
Speaker 5: Left him behind.
Speaker 7: He was a special gift from his wife. When Joe realized it was missing, he contacted courthouse security. This is the footage they pulled Ken Paxton on camera stealing this man's pen. After the police got involved, Joe got his pen back. He could have pressed charged, but he decided against it because Joe's a nice guy and he'd never take someone else's pen.
Speaker 3: But he also hasn't forgotten who took his.
Speaker 2: And I endorsed during for the United States since.
Speaker 7: Vote for James Tallerygo you won't you pen.
Speaker 3: Packs in response, had finders keepers.
Speaker 4: That trans loving Jesus frequent and steal a fucking thing.
Speaker 2: I would just.
Speaker 1: Note that I also think you should go to jail for having a one thousand dollars pen.
Speaker 3: I just couldn't say that's it. Yeah, you're not exactly. I noticed it. I noticed why they didn't put the cost of the pen in the ad, because it doesn't exactly help our friendship rights.
Speaker 4: Beautiful, it's crazies and made a beautiful feel. I've never written with one thousand dollars pen before.
Speaker 1: I think that's a great ad because obviously, on the list of Paxson scandals, this one is the lowest in terms of the impact of the consequences. But it's a fun story that can go viral. I think they did a really good job telling it there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the ian midway through just reminding everybody that he was indicted for fraud. He is, so somebody was. I think it was like Josh Barr. Someone made this point that it is shocking how in every aspect of his life he seems to be a prick or a sleeve, just with that exception his wife of many years to the state senator, leaving him on biblical grounds because of this, a fairy had that his people that worked with him, were whistleblowers that they believed he was taking bribes. He was impeached in a bipartisan way, but not removed. He's only in this He's only gotten the nomination because Trump didn't like John Cornan and sided with Ken S. Paxton as a fuck you to John Cornyan. But even Republican Texas woul obviously have preferred someone more electable. He also just not a great fundraiser. He just seems like a shitty fucking guy that nobody likes, and it puts Texas Republicans, including Republicans, including Republicans, just seems like a fucking asshole.
Speaker 3: Well, in Nate's model, the fundamentals put Texas at R plus three point four, so even with the huge shift towards Democrats, it's still more of a Republican leading state. But Tallerrico's ahead in the polls by one point nine average right now. And the reason that they have it as they have it as a toss up but it's almost at lean d is just because Tallarico is a good candidate, and also Paxson is such a bad candidate and has all these scandals, and also Tallerco has raised an ungodly amount of money.
Speaker 4: Ten paccent is not even. He's also not a prolific fundraiser.
Speaker 1: Tall Rico has raised sixty five million dollars to Paxson's nine million dollars. What I didn't realize until I read Nate's piece is that Beto O'Rourke had trailed in every single poll in any of the cruise. We think Tall Rico Betto is great and so.
Speaker 3: No, I know, I mean like we were also I was excited.
Speaker 4: I thought it.
Speaker 1: Then the taller Rico is leading Paxton bias. You said one point nine percent in the polling average. It's pretty good. I mean, I think, I imagine all of these races are going to tighten, because they just always do when people pay attention. But twenty twenty six is a very blue year, and Paxson is a very bad candidate.
Speaker 4: Ted Cruz was able to eke out a win against Betto, not because Betto didn't get the votes he thought he was going to get, but they were surprised by the turnout of Republicans. And we don't like Ted Cruz, but Republicans like Ted Cruz and like Ken Paxon is sort of just a different animals. It's a worse environment that it remains to be seen if if it's a worse overall national political environment, but certainly in Texas, Ken Paxson is is just not nearly as good a candidate as as a beloved charismatic figure Ted Cruz.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I also think Trump. I mean, Trump's approval was fairly bad in twenty eighteen at the time, but you didn't have the economic approval as though as it is right now. I think that that is the tailwind that I think that Beto did not get in twenty eighteen, that the Tella Rico probably is. We haven't really talked about Alaska, where Mary Peltola is trying to unseat Dan Sullivan. Last week, Kamala Harris signed a fundraising email for Peltola, urging people to donate, and then Peltola's campaign basically rejected it, saying, quote Mary isn't seeking endorsements from anyone from the lower forty eight. Her focus is and always will be Alaska. Adding to the intrigue, someone leaked to internet journalist Yeshar Ali, presumably someone from Harris's camp, that actually it was Peltola's campaign that asked Harris's political operation to send a fundraising email. Peltola is pretty close to Sullivan in the polling, but still an underdog overall. Who do you guys believe here? And what does it say that the Peltola campaign rejected Kamala's endorsement, at least publicly.
Speaker 1: I mean, at the think it shows that they just don't want to nationalize this race in any way, shape or form. That the National Democratic Party brand is toxic. The entire debate about the Democratic ticket in twenty twenty four is politically toxic and they want nothing to do with it. Which makes me surprised that anyone on her campaign would ask Kamala Harris to send a fundraising email on her behalf, especially one where the funds were split fifty to fifty between Kamala's pack and Peltola's campaign. Now, I could be wrong, what do I know? But you know, peltol is running an entirely Alaska focused campaign where she's like talking about salmon fishing and cool stuff. I don't know, I think you would want to nationalize it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who knows. I can see there being just like you know, oh, this is an opper to Kamala Harris is going to get us, is going to raise money for us. That maybe one part of the campaign not talking to another part of the campaign, maybe people that seems like the most right or and also maybe like when you actually read the email, it's just like it wasn't meant to be something that was so clear, like we're together splitting the money fifty to fifty, so ends up looking worse or maybe it was fully authorized, but then by the time it gets to the candidate, they realized it's a mistake. They want to denounce it. But to me, it's sort of you look at this, it's like, all right, Mary Peltola has clearly decided that this email and this collect connection is a liability, so we're gonna deny it and say we don't want any endorsements for the lower forty eight. And whoever is inside Kamala's or assuming that that's where they came from, cared more about kind of whatever claiming it was authorized than than doing what clearly the Alaska campaign thinks it's best for itself, which is to get out of this. Like it seems like could be more benefit for Peltola for Kamala Harris to say I would never raise money for that. And she's too moderate, too much of a too much. Yeah, she's too focused on jobs. Yeah, too much. She wants to bring people together too much. And you know what else, I hate fish, that's exactly.
Speaker 3: That's a weird one. Also, like Mary Poltola didn't endorse Kamala in twenty twenty four because it's.
Speaker 4: Just like it's a lone sung part of the uncommitted movement again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, right, she has to you know, she has to outrun like, you know, Donald Trump won the state by what thirteen fourteen points, Like it's a it's an uphill climb, you know. So she has to really reject the national.
Speaker 4: America's got to be far away and quiet, you know.
Speaker 1: And like she has run really successfully statewide in Alaska before. There's something called a split ticket war score, which sort of like rates your candaida quality, your ability to outperform the ticket, and she was like D plus nine and D plus twenty two in her house run monster. Yeah, so she's very successfully separated herself from the national Party struggles and won.
Speaker 3: Finally, we were in the middle of recording Friday's episode when Fox News dropped their Michigan pole which has Mike Rogers ahead of Abdul Lsayed by four points fifty one to forty seven. Same pole has Democrat Jocelyn Benson up five points in the Michigan governor's race. The Senate Democratic super Pac then released an internal poll that shows Abdul ahead by six but of course that didn't exactly calm the waters. What do you guys think about where the race is and what Abdul has to do over the next few months. So first of all, I'll probably get more votes.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, you should probably get more vote. I mean, look, it's hard.
Speaker 3: What do they have to do?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's hard to you know, first of all, it's hard to trust any of these polls because we just saw an outcome in which Abdul won by a point and the polls had him up by much more. Overall, like it hard, It's just hard to know. The one thing that was interesting from I think it was the Fox Pole is that there was just a bigger group of people that were voting for Mike Rogers for Senate and the Democratic governor candidate than the reverse. And so regardless of whether whether you know you think the poll is exaggerating and you put what doesn't like that? To me, I think is sort of interesting and instructive about what he has to do, because it's clearly people that either because of what Abdul is said in the past, because the state was blanketed and tens of millions of dollars in anti dual advertising, whatever it may be, there was a lot of people that should be voting with the Democrats and would be if they hadn't been sort of exposed to so much anti Abdul messaging. And so what does he have to do to bring those people along? How does he address some of the things that Mike Rogers is going to be advertising, whether or not APEC puts more money into the state, Like, there's going to be a lot that he has to go up against. And one thing I've just noticed about sort of some of the ways in which he's responded to this is, you know, he's under so much incoming. You know, a bunch of different Democrats have been asked like, well, how do you explain for what you said in the past, And I think often the reaction is to kind of argue with the person asking the question, and we all do all the politicians do this. They sort of are like, well, I actually didn't mean the fund. I meant that we should look at where the money's going as a version of something I'm tool said in the past, and others have two, but you look at what sort of I think one of some of the more effective ways of answering that kind of question, Mom, Donnie had an incredible one, I think on Friday or earlier or late last week, where the question is do you think woke one was crazy? He basically just ignores that, and he says we all change and.
Speaker 2: We all grow.
Speaker 4: I have said things I don't agree with anymore, but I believe in supporting the police and having a good relationship with the police, and we're getting crime down and were addressing these issues, And like, what was to me what he's doing what makes him such a good politician is he's saying he's not answered. He's answering the feeling underneath the question, which is what is the reassurance on this issue that gives me credibility across another a range of issues, as opposed to constantly fighting to a draw by answering the previous critique or sort of trying to win on points, but rather saying something that is like a value statement that rejects the factual statement you said in the past, right, just like a clean moral thing that resets what he currently believes and stands for.
Speaker 1: I think the Abdul's like kind of core primary message is still the right one. It was get money out of politics, put money in your pocket, and pass Medicare for all.
Speaker 2: That's a great general election message. He's just to stick to that.
Speaker 1: Obviously, the primary and Tayy Stevens became more about US support for Israel and APAC funding and dark money generally, and I think trying to move away from that would be beneficial, you.
Speaker 2: Know, a duel.
Speaker 1: He's going to have to try to find some kind of like white working class independent voters that maybe have voted for Republicans in the past. He's got to turn out black voters and Democratic base voters. They didn't necessarily get in the primary. So he's got to do two different things at once, reached a base community and reach these sort of more moderate swing voters. I think he's got the political skills to do that. He's an exciting, dynamic guy. He's good on the stump. He can raise a lot of money. He's got like a lot of skills, and Mike Rogers is kind of like a washed up old Intel Committee guy who would rather be in Florida seemingly than in Michigan running this race. But I think we need to treat it as a fifty to fifty race, Like I just I think this is going to be a close one to the bitter end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the poll doesn't surprise me that much, only because I think sixty million dollars of negative ads against you and then Mike Rodgers has none of that, and people mostly remember him as a sort of old school establishment, pre Trump Republican and obviously, like Alyssa Slackin ran a great race against him in twenty four. But I think the image of Mike Rogers they have in their head is like, Okay, maybe I don't agree with him, but he doesn't seem threatening. And sixty million dollars in negative ads making abduls seem like a scary Muslim socialist extremist who's going to come, you know, kill your family. Is you know that's the kind of pull result you're going to get. I also think that you know, there's work he has to do with black voters, and that you can see in this poll, and then the voters that Tommy you were just talking about, and like, look, if he just goes to he just goes to all these voters who say they're going to vote for Joscelyn Benson, a Democrat, just has to convince those voters to like, hey, you're already voting for one Democrat, vote for another, you know. Yeah, And I think that like some of his ads and you see this online, like he's had some even in the primary, had some like sort of cringey, millennial cringe videos that I was like, oh, what is that, But it's it's I think the point is to make him seem unthreatening to people, which they are going to try to make him seem as threatening as possible because of his name and religion, as they're already doing, and that's going to happen right up until election day. And so to try to address that just by you know, showing up everywhere and being who he is and seeming unthreatening is going to be helpful.
Speaker 4: I do think having made it through the primary whethered all these attacks come out ahead, has also given him a lot of credibility. And you know, by the same token that there are these crossover voters that show where a liability is. What a pull like this won't show is there are gonna be people that are brought into that are going to kind of decide to vote, maybe be excited and energize to participate because of a duel. And then those are Democratic votes. They're gonna that are gonna go uh down the ticket, right and those those like those will be people he brought into the process that won't show up in the same kind of way. And so I do think he has that kind of credibility with the people that came along, and so like that does give him the space, I think to kind of figure out how to kind of whatever overcome that kind of scary Muslim thing that they're gonna throw at him over that.
Speaker 3: I mean, it doesn't have to change his views on things, but he can he can certainly moderate rhetoric to sort of appeal to a broader audience.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that Like I don't I don't, of course, I don't think it's any it's not about changing what you view I think like that is, but there is, Like I think honestly it's because if people if he can just have that conversation which is the duel we know like that will work, Like he is even like the sort of they're calling him a socialist, which they'll call anyone a socialist, but he when you'd lean interviews like I don't identify the socialist like he believed, like like there's just the version of him that existed in the ads is not the version of him that is real, And now we have three or four months to actually put that in place.
Speaker 1: It's very funny that in the primary they made these kind of cringey blues clues, goofy videos where Abdul just seems silly and all this sort of like winced at them at the time, and then Republican accounts like libs of TikTok found them last week and started resurfac sitting them and be like, oh my god, have you seen this? How cringing, And it's like you could not do a better job if you tried to target these ads to the audience they're trying to reach. It's like Republicans and sort of like conservative audiences who now see this goofy, silly side of Abdul as they are trying to paint him as this dangerous radical fringe candidate. It's very, very hilarious that they were this stupid about their tactics and the Republican side campaign.
Speaker 4: Also guess is if why that first add out is that of the grandparents. Yes, they just there's they know that they understand this all right.
Speaker 3: When we come back, Tommy talks to Ohio House candidate Brian Poindexter.
Speaker 4: Podzave America is brought to you by blinds dot Com. There's a version of your home you haven't lived in yet, where the light behaves just how you want, where the rooms feel finished, where you sleep till you decide to wake up, not when the sun does. Blinds dot Com has spent thirty years making it easy to find the perfect fit. With over twenty five million windows covered and fifty thousand and five star reviews, you can feel confident that you're in good hands. Whether you want to go full DIY, bring in license invented pros to handle the measure and install, or land somewhere in between, you're always in control. They make it simple to choose the level of support that works best for you, with flexibility every step of the way. Need help picking the right style book of free consultation with one of blinds dot COM's award winning design experts. No pushing salespeople, no awkward and home visits, just real advice on your schedule. The leaving ship samples to your door fast and free. Choose from a huge variety of style options at prices that fit any budget. Everything is backed by blinds dot COM's one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee. Because at blinds dot Com, the only thing they treat better than windows is you. We love Blinds dot Com. We have great blinds dot com com blinds. In our office. It was super sunny in the late afternoon, really hot in there. We've got these great automatic blinds. To press a button, they come down. Makes it much cooler and better in there. But then we can put them back up and look up the window. You know, you got to look out the window sometimes, take in the view, put down your phone. You know, the ability to customize any window. It's free sample sent right to your door. It's really easy. Highly recommend it. Blinds dot Com is giving our listeners in exclusive fifty dollars off when you spend five hundred dollars or more. Just use code crooket at checkout. Limited time offer rules and restrictions apply. See Blinds dot com for details.
Speaker 1: My guest today is the Democratic Party's candidate for Ohio's seventh congressional district, Brian Poindeckster.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 8: Thank you for having me, Tommy. I'm happy to be here and looking forward to answering your questions.
Speaker 2: All right, well, glad to have you.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: Your opponent, Max Miller has made a lot of news lately for the worst reasons.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna ask you about him in a minute.
Speaker 1: But first, just tell the audience about yourself, your background, why you decided to get into this race.
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, I'm just regular, everyday, average working guy. I've been a member of the Ironworkers Local seventeen for the past nineteen years, where we've built some of the tall buildings and bridges and schools and hospitals in the Cleveland area. I've been a nine year member of brook Park City Council, you know, where I showed up and fought for people at the local level, built a reputation of being somebody who shows up when they need me the most. But more importantly, I've been the father of two daughters, and I have a bonus Daughter've been helping raise them up to be strong, independent, loving carrying women. And that's kind of where I got. That's the most prideful thing about about me is I'm a good, good family man and take care of my family as to the best of my ability. And yeah, that's me in a nutshell.
Speaker 1: Did you help build this new Brown Stadium? And do we feel okay about them moving, you know, out of downtown.
Speaker 8: Well, I actually worked a little bit on the old stadium, oh Nico in twenty fourteen when we redid the scoreboards. I was on that. That was a that was a good job. It was like tailgate and every day for work.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Any Sunday, any Sunday jobs I visits, he's got to be there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was like Sunday every day because I was. We were on seven days a week, doing twelve to fourteen hour days to get it done before the season started. So a lot of hard work went into it, but it was it was a little easier being that we were, you know, building the Brown Stadium. Yeah, the new stadium is underway now, it's just now getting started. They're still doing underground work and stuff like that. So I haven't we haven't seen anything come out of the ground, yet got it, got coming.
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 1: So your opponent, Max Miller Congresston Max Miller, He's been accused of some awful stuff, throwing scalding hot water at his ex wife, holding a gun to her head, fracturing their two year old daughters collar bone. But despite all of that, he's refused to get out of the race, and he's instead decided to start attacking his father in law, Senator Burnie Marino, Hi, Ohio, Senator of Bernie Marino on social media. What's your reaction to these charges and and the way Max Miller's responded to them.
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, they're they're very serious allegations and I you know, I've said it since day one. If they proved to be true, he shouldn't be be in Congress, he should be in jail. And uh, you know I stand by that statement. You know, the folks I talked to all across this district, whether it's knocking the doors, doing the town halls, you know, I get asked about it a lot. And you know, one of the things that is most troubling is him with holding the Blue Bunny from his daughter. You know, that's personal to me. Because you know, my my youngest daughter, Ashley, she had bear Bear growing up, and uh, I remember going on vacation one time we had to turn back around and get bear Bear because she forgot bear Bear at the house. So uh had you know, turned around, got bear Bear and then we were okay to go on vacation. But uh, I just know how personal connections children make with their uh, with their security blanket or their animal. And you know, it just shows the kind of leverage Max Miller hold over people he loves. And if he does that to people he loves, imagine what he does to people he don't really like or doesn't don't understand. Yeah, and that that kind of behavior has no place in Congress.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: My daughter has two little pink bunnies that she calls her lovies, and one time I thought I might have dropped one at the airport and lost it. And you would have thought my reaction was basically like I had lost a child. It was like fucking def Con five. In our house. We were scrambling for this thing. Thank god, we finally found it, like under a blanket or a.
Speaker 2: Pillar or something.
Speaker 1: But you're right, I mean, it does show a level of vindictiveness that is shocking to me. As a father, I would do literally anything to ensure my daughter felt comfortable, felt safe, had a good night's sleep. The idea that he would need to give the bunny over to only the court appointed like minder guy, that he wouldn't give it to someone else who he deemed a stranger. We know all this, by the way, because he released a text message where you know, he had had this conversation with someone I don't know if the Senator Bernie Marino or like you know, someone who had been dispatched by Center Marino to have this conversation with Max Miller. But Max Miller thought that the text messages he released like showed his side of the story, but really it just showed him being a sociopath.
Speaker 8: Yeah. I mean, I'm no therapists or you know, psychologist. I wouldn't be able to diagnose him of that. But but I know as a father, I would do whatever I had to do to make sure my baby had or bear bear. I don't care who who I had to give it to make sure she got it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Same, so I know that you know, as you know, probably better than anybody, like the hardest thing about politics is most normal people just don't have time to read up on it, right They're busy like getting the kids to.
Speaker 2: School, or going to work or doing whatever. They don't seek out political news.
Speaker 1: So when you're trying to help, you know, voters understand kind of the stakes an election, or understand about a candidate, it takes a lot to kind of get something to break through. Has this story about Max Miller, the allegations against him, Has this broken through to voters in your district? I ask in part because there was, like I think a Washington Post story or something that suggested that most voters they talked to as they kind of walk the streets, hadn't heard about it.
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, you know a lot of people are tuned out from politics because, you know, politician haven't given them anything to pay attention to, especially when you consider the fact that most working people, especially the hard working families of this district, are doing everything they can just to make ends meet. You know, they're working, you know, two or three jobs, in some cases, they are working overtime just to just to get by. And you know, workers used to work and live paycheck to paycheck. Now they're not even making it to the next paycheck. So, yeah, it's it's understandable. I mean, I understand why people would tune out because they got more important things in their life to worry about. But what I hope they would do is is lift their head up just for a second, pay it attention to what's going on in this race, and you know, support somebody like me who understands what they're going through because I actually live what they're going through, and put somebody in Washington who's going to fight to make sure that they can make that, you know, make to that next paycheck, and sure that they can start building a life and start realizing the American dream that politicians have taken from us.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've seen a lot of interviews you've done. I've read a lot of stuff you've a lot of interviews you've given. I think you do a really admirable job of trying to like refocus the conversation on issues and the economy and the stuff that voters actually care about and that that makes a difference in their lives. And I think that's important. I really do respect that. I do think that there's also a kind of a threshold question about character from our elected officials. That's very important, and I'm wondering how you view that in this context, Like, is an allegation like those that Max Miller's facing, is at a place where we should draw a line as a country and just say no, like this guy should not serve in Congress, or how are you thinking about that?
Speaker 8: Well? Yeah, I mean, we we've seen politicians be accused of all sorts of things over the past, you know, a few years, especially as it seems like it's ramped up with with character issues with politicians. But I think it's it's really a test of, uh, of the American public what we're willing to accept from our representatives. And to me, I think it's it should be a uniting factor. I think I think Democrats, Republicans and independence can come together and set the bar of what we expect from from politicians, you know, not saying that anybody has to be perfect. You know, certainly I'm not perfect. I've had, you know, mistakes in my younger years and and stuff like that. But but what is the what is the bar that, uh, that we're gonna set of what we can expect from our leaders. And I think this is an opportunity UH, to unite people. That's what my goal as my main goal in this run is to really unite our district, UH through the party, divide through the political differences in political spectrum, to get people to understand that we have more that unites us than divides us, and we're when we put aside some of the political differences and come together their strength there. And you know, that's what I hope to bring and I hope people heed the call and say, hey, we cannot accept politicians who aren't going to live by at least a minimum standard of ethics in decency.
Speaker 1: So back on the issues. I mean, Trump ran on the promise basically that he would get cost down and get inflation under control. That was kind of like the core promise of his campaign. Instead, gas prices are up, They've been up for a while. Tariffs are making things more expensive. And then I know, in Ohio you've got people leaving the stakes they can't find good jobs. Trump one year district by eleven points in twenty twenty four. I think, have you been able to talk to some of those Trump voters and do you find them receptive to the argument that maybe they made a mistake by voting for him, and that Trump has made things work and that you know, they might be open to voted for a Democrat this time to kind of correct that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm not. I'm not afraid to talk to anybody. You know, I've talked to people who voted for Trump in the past, people who voted for Biden and everybody in between. You know, not afraid to have those conversations. You know, to me, it's not it's not about a Republican the Democrat issue. It's worker or worker issue. And Trump was able to capture the attention of the worker. You know, this district is is a very strong working class district. It's a Jerney man Or district. But the one thing that unites the whole district is the fact that everyone works hard for a living. And you know, Trump captured that message. He said he's going to bring back manufacturing. He's going to usher in a gold and the age for workers, and what we got was a golden shower instead. You know, people are working harder and harder, we're getting less and less. And this district also too. In twenty eighteen, like shared Brown would have won this district right when he ran for send in twenty eighteen. And it's because Sharon Brown has always run on the message of fighting for workers. Now his record fighting for workers backs that it's backed up by real results. You know, me as a member of Iron Workers Local seventeen, the legislation he brought forward actually saved our pension from from default. And so, along with the Teamsters and so many other things that he fought for, actually came to bring real value to workers' lives in Ohio. And and and that's what I'm running on. I'm running because working families haven't realized that Golden age. And and you know Wall Street. Wall Street's doing great, the billionaires are doing great, corporations are doing great. But when does it trickle down to the rest of us? When when do I get value for the labor that I'm putting in? And I'm putting in more and more and more value. And that's what everybody across the district is asking. That's what I'm hearing at the doors. You know, people working again to three or four jobs in a household just to make ends meet, and people are fed up on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said that that golden showers trickling down just forever. You've argued that I saw you in an interview talking about why Democrats have struggled so much with mail voters winning over men. You argue that culture and not policy is kind of at the root of it.
Speaker 2: Can you expand on that and explain what you're thinking there?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Well, like I mean, the Democratic Party has always stood up for workers, but over the past few cycles, especially that that message of fighting for working families kind of got put on the back burner, and you know, it was almost like they were more you know, the Democratic Party is a big tent, right, we have a lot of different ideals and perspectives, which is good. That's I think the more people we bring in to the fold, more ideas get we could find the right idea. But where I think they were highlighting some of the issues that were kind of more fringe and more you know, important issues that need to be discussed, but shouldn't be the forefront core of the message. The forefront core of the message should be the most expansive and one that includes the most people. And I think, you know, I think workers issues, you know, that covers everybody. You know, I don't care if what lifestyle you live, you have to work for a limit and that work should have value. That should be our core message. And if people and the way I see it, if people are making progress in their personal lives, then they have the resources and energy they can use to fight for some of those other more uh more fringe issues.
Speaker 1: You mentioned earlier in the interview, and you've talked about it in the past, sort of having a what you call it a rough and rowdy upbringing some brushes with the law when you were younger, in your early twenties. What happened and like, what do you think what did that experience teach you that has been valuable in later life.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I grew up on the West side of Cleveland. It was a pretty rough neighborhood, so you know, I mean it was nothing for a couple dudes to getting a scrap at a basketball game or or somebody drive down the street looking at You're on the hop out of the car and next you know you're throwing down It's It was a It was a unique situation growing up and then you know, grow going into adulthood. That was my environment. I brought that into adulthood. I learned quickly that that was the way, you know, and I had some I had some run ins with the law. I made mistakes. I owned the mistakes. I didn't blame somebody else or sue somebody into silence over it. And then I paid my price for it, and I moved on and learned from it. And you know, I want to point out that this was very early in my adulthood, you know, from eighteen to twenty two years old. But uh, and then I had Then I had a child, and that kind of changed everything. No longer was I the rough and rowdy guy just worried about me and myself. I had to worry about a family, and I had to worry about, you know, building a life for my daughter. And then I had another daughter and come full circle. Of the past five years as an iron worker, I've been able to teach the new iron workers coming in and you know, find those rough and rowdy iron workers that were kind of like me when I was that age. Kind of helped them develop their skills as an iron worker, but also make good decisions so they weren't getting, you know, having the issues that I had when I was younger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, listen, if you didn't want to beat up a Steelers fan at a at a at a game in your early twenties, Like, were you even a fan? I mean, look, I'm as a Patriots fan. We've all been there, you know. Was it a inser? Yeah, because you know they're they're tough. I wouldn't fuck around with those guys.
Speaker 8: I'm not proud of it. Let's just say I've made some mistakes, you know now when I go to a game. I just watched the game and my mom.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, I trusted me too.
Speaker 1: I remember being at my first ever Red Sox game when I was like a kid and there was a huge rumble in the outfield right next to us, and I was like, you know, twelve or thirteen, and it looked like hul Cogan was getting the fight with some other massive dude.
Speaker 2: I was like, all right, never not for me, I would not farewell there.
Speaker 8: You know, I grew up in Cleveland. Don't don't google ten cent beer night. Yes you'll you'll you'll see what what I grew up with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it gets it gets wild in Cleveland. Uh.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Cleveland, who the Brown is going to start at quarterback this year is going to be Deshaun Schadure.
Speaker 2: Maybe bring Joe Flacco back? What are you thinking.
Speaker 8: Uh, I don't. I don't know what they're going to decide. If it were me, if I were making that decision, I would keep developing Shoudre. I think, uh, I think he's got a bright future if he gets the reps. I think I think it gives our offense a little bit more fluidity, as he you know, played a little last year. But time will tell. I'm not very hopeful for the season, but I come on, shock me, come on. Normally normally I'm normally I'm like, this is our year super Bowl. But I don't. I don't have that film this year.
Speaker 2: You guys have Tampa Week two.
Speaker 1: You got to see Baker Mayfield come out of that tunnel on the other side. That's got to be like seeing an X who you know, lost a bunch of weight, got a tan, looking great, you know, made a lot of money somehow.
Speaker 2: That that's rough.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I I wish Baker would have never went anywhere personally, but uh but you know, I understand the business of the NFL. I'm proud that Baker Mayfield is doing well, but I really just hope our Browns do well and beat Baker Mayfield and we too.
Speaker 1: This time next year, do you think, you know, maybe we got Baker back on the team or we talking about developing arch Manning.
Speaker 2: How's this going to go?
Speaker 8: Man, this is a tougher interview that I thought. If you're asking me to like I got to solve the District seven problems and uh and the Browns problems, I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Yeah you hurt here, Yeah you're qualified, b GM.
Speaker 2: Last question so we talked about earlier. I mean this, The Browns are about to move to a new stadium with a dome. Does that make you sad at all? You lose those like late season kind of Lake Erie snow games.
Speaker 8: You know, I've been I've been to a lot of snow games. Like the last great one was uh what was it not? Last year? The year before last against Pittsburgh we beat them. Uh it was a blizzard. It was a Thursday night game. Ye, great time. But like, no, I'm I'm all about the stadium. You know one it's in brook Park. I'm a city councilman in brook Park, so to bring the Browns in brook Park is huge for our area. I'm an iron worker, so building stadiums and buildings is kind of my thing. But really, what I like about the Dome more than the open Lake Front Stadium is is like that lifelong fan who's like, you know, maybe sixties or seventies, can't sit out in the cold anymore. They'll be comfortable the whole game, or that that young family bringing their their son or daughter for their first game. You know, I've take I took my daughters down on the lake, and I remember good games that they wanted to leave, you know, part way through the second quarter because they're freezing and their cold and it's rainy. So I think, I think it'll be good. It'll it'll keep people in the stadium even when the Browns are you know, two and thirteen or whatever. It'll it'll keep them in the seats and keep you know, keep you know, somebody will still want to go because it's a more comfortable experience. And you know, let's keep in mind too, fantasy football is kind of a real thing. And I hate when my receiver goes up in a in an ice bowl game and now he gets me three points.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, I get that. Listen.
Speaker 1: I went to the Patriots Broncos game in Denver last year with that like snow white out game and It was one of the coolest experiences I've ever had in terms of a sports fan. But it was so cold, and it's like a lot of layers to to keep us there. And I get you know, once you guys have a dome, maybe you get the super Bowl in Cleveland. You do those all sorts of year round opportunities for events and shit like that.
Speaker 2: That's big economically.
Speaker 1: Brian Pointdexter, thanks for joining the show. Where can folks find your campaign and and help out if they want?
Speaker 8: Yeah, thanks for having me. People can go to poindexter for congress dot com. You can hear a little bit about my backstory. You can watch our videos and really get a sense of who I am. I'm really just the guy next door who decided that I'm tired of watching my community have such a hard time and I'm gonna run and fight hard for families.
Speaker 1: Listen, we appreciate you joining and uh everyone check out the campaign and we'll talk.
Speaker 2: To you soon.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Thank you very much for having me and great to be here.
Speaker 3: That's our show for today. Thanks to Brian Poindexter for coming on. Dan and I will be back with a new show on Friday. Positive America is a Crooked media production. Our show is produced by Austin Fisher, Saul Ruben, McKenna, Roberts and Faris Safari, with Ree Cherlin, Elijah Cone and Adrian Hill. Our team includes Matt de Groat, Ben Hefcot, Jordan Canter, Charlotte Landis, Carol pel Avive, David Toles, Mia Kelman, Ryan Young and Naomi Single. Our staff is probably unionized with the Writers Guild of America East