Speaker 1: Peen in the middle of the night ruins your sleep. It is the Minnesota Goodbye. And Jenny and I both have an issue where we get up to pee in the middle of the night. I think most people do. Sometimes it's a guy thing, but it sounds like with you it doesn't matter. Oh yeah, no, why are you getting Do you drink a lot of water before you go to bed?
Speaker 2: I mean I only drink pretty much water and coffee throughout my day, so I would say it just like depends a lot, because like, if I do work out later in the day, then yes, I'm consuming a ton of water, probably closer to bedtime.
Speaker 3: But no, it just varies.
Speaker 2: And I mean it started probably when I was like, I don't know twenty seven twenty eight, that I would get up every single night and have to pee, would not be able to fall asleep until I got up and went to the bathroom. And lately I've been like somehow controlling it. And I told Dave that I woke up this morning and felt like a different person because I did not get up in the middle of the night. And I know we joke about me getting up and snacking in the middle of the night. I really do do that.
Speaker 4: That's so funny to me.
Speaker 3: But it's only.
Speaker 2: Because it's like almost like I've been conditioned that if I go and I have to pee, I also I'm gonna have a snack, and I also can't fall asleep until I have a little snack.
Speaker 1: That just floors me, because when I get up to pee in the middle of the night, I try my best not to wake all the way up. Like I turn on the hall light instead of the bathroom light, so I'm not there in a blazing bright light. And then I try to think about what my dreams were, because I've noticed that if I can think about what my dreams had been, it gets my mind in a more of a relaxed state instead of thinking about work or my car or insurance or whatever. So I try to keep my thoughts really stupid. Yeah, and like I'm trying to remember what I dreamt about last night. Oh, I have so many dreams all the time that something's going wrong on the radio station. And it was funny because I was last night. I had you guys laughing in my dream because I was doing an impression of a drunk okay, and you guys were laughing, and we were like, that should be a new character on a show. On the show is a drunk and you were laughing and then all of a sudden it went nowhere and then it's like, okay, but that was just kind of like a stupid dream. So if I think about a dream that I can get right back into it. But I if I have like a glass of wine before bed, I got to get up and pee. If I don't, then I don't have to get up in pea. So for like the last couple of weeks, I haven't had any wine before bed, and I don't have to get up in pea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there's probably a solution for you. Then I'm not drinking wine at night, but I definitely probably would get up if I had a drink and have to pee in the middle of the night. But it's mostly actually because I'm dehydrated and I have to go get something to drink.
Speaker 1: Do you keep a glass of water? I keep a yetty with a straw so I don't have to fumble for it next to my bed.
Speaker 4: To keep a big thing of water.
Speaker 3: I sure do.
Speaker 2: I have the millennial hydroflasks. I'm not a Stanley girl, and so I always fill that up before I go to bed. But if I've had a glass of wine or a few drinks and I wake up to hydrate it and need something to drink, water doesn't do it for me. Something better, like a poppy or like really yeah, like I need something.
Speaker 3: A little bit more flavored a lot or else.
Speaker 2: I start having dreams about drinking some kind of liquid, and I wake up from those dreams like needing to go get Yes.
Speaker 4: I'll drink.
Speaker 1: I'll dream that I'm really thirsty, and then I'm drinking water and I can't get enough. Yep, anything interesting about your sleep? Let us know, because I'm gonna tell you something that is something we all have in common. I don't sleep, you know, I get I got bad shoulders for some reason, so I can't sleep, sleep on my side very well for very long. Somebody said, do you take like what's a sleep aid like?
Speaker 3: Or then that's that's prescribed melatonin.
Speaker 1: Melatonin, this couple of other ones. They don't do any good for me. I don't really notice that they do. So let us know. Any sleep interesting story. I was thought about taking what's the one ambient, but I've known too many people who take ambien and then go do something that they shouldn't do, like a friend of mine, as she took Ambien, woke her son up in the middle of the night, made him French toast.
Speaker 2: My roommate in college would take ambient and one time I don't think I had even gotten to sleep yet.
Speaker 3: She would go to sleep really early.
Speaker 2: And one time I woke up or I went out just in the kitchen and she was out there trying to bake cookies.
Speaker 4: And I was like, because she was on ambient.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 3: And I was like, ah, and you're not supposed to like rattle someone.
Speaker 4: Awake, I think, because there's still a sleep But yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think I tried to like shuffle her to bed because I think she had only gotten to like the dough part. She wasn't messing with the oven or okay, But I was like, Chrissa, you should go to sleep, but like, I'll finish this for you.
Speaker 1: I got this go to bed. I had a neighbor next door, average woman, she's probably forty five at the time. She was sleepwalking. I don't know if she was on Ambien, fell down the stairs and broke her leg sleepwalking. We don't have any sleepwalking in my family, another friend of mine, she would take ambient and then she I don't remember all the details because she's a very responsible, professional woman, but she took ambient and then she was drinking like wine with ambient. Decided to go down to the convenience store like a half a mile away and get a pizza. Came back home, hit a light pole and got a dui. And this is not a dui kind of a person at all, but the ambient made her drink and decide, I'm going to go get a pizza. So she had to pay all the fines and had to go to the dui classes and all that stuff. So let's talk super Bowl. It is Super Bowl weekend if you are listening to this the weekend of the Super Bowl. Here's some things to know. Kickoff is going to be five thirty Minnesota time on Sunday, YEP. It is at Caesar's Super Dome in New Orleans. Fox is going to do the broadcasting. Two B will also stream the game live in for four K for free on select devices. The announcers are Kevin Burkhardt, Tom Brady, Aaron Andrews, and Tom Rinaldi. Pregame coverage starts at one a m.
Speaker 4: One a m.
Speaker 1: Eastern time. That's midnight here on Fox. It says one am, and I wonder if that they mean one pm.
Speaker 4: I think they must weird.
Speaker 1: That seems weird because it does say in the next sentence, given us five and a half hours of pregame coverage. Okay, but then the NFL network starts their pregame stuff at five am tomorrow. That's on the NFL network. John Batiste is going to do the pregame national anthem. LA d C will sing lift every voice and sing do you know who ladis is?
Speaker 3: I don't think I do. Yep, maybe i'd know.
Speaker 1: If I saw halftime show. Kendrick Lamar will headline the halftime show. There is speculation that Taylor Swift will make a guest appearance. I don't think that she will want to do that because I think that Taylor knows people have enough yeah, and I think that if she shows up, I honestly think she might get booed if she showed up at the halftime show.
Speaker 2: You got to think that like Taylor probably does enjoy doing certain things that aren't always her, like being on stage aka watching her boyfriend perfore or not perform, but play in the super bore.
Speaker 3: Super Bowl because super boor yeah, super Bowl, that might be what it is this year.
Speaker 2: But so I feel like Taylor might not even care to do something like that, even though it gives her a lot of attention. But I feel like she's probably like, can I get a day off? Can I just watch my boyfriend play in this big game called the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: I think that she is trying to stay a little bit low key, and so I don't think that's going to happen. It is all about the Chiefs trying to do a third straight Super Bowl for the first time in NFL history, and about the Eagles trying to stop the Chiefs from making this history. And yeah, says Taylor will be there and will very likely be the center of attention, but they say she is desperate not to be the center of attention at the super Bowl. Let me give you a couple of more. Here's a Super Bowl drinking game. So you get a glass or something to drink or three during the game. If you want to up the anna, you can turn it into a drinking game. And here we go. If you predict the opening coin toss, pick either heads or tails. And the opening coin toss. If you lose, you take a shot. An interception made by either team, take a shot. Camera cuts to Taylor Swift. Take a shot. Any celebrity in the crowd gets highlighted in the on camera, Like if they spot Kevin Costner in the crowd, take a shot. Yeah, Kendrick Lamar brings out a surprise guest besides Sizza. Take a shot. If the team you're rooting against gets a penalty, well that'd be a lot of shots because some teams they get a lot of penalties. You'll like you'll get like three penalties, like in a row. Sometimes field goal is missed, Jason Kelsey is spotted. If there's a tie at the end of any quarter, your team scores a touchdown, there's a baby or animal in a commercial, if a quarterback gets sacked, if a coach yells at a referee, if a point is scored, including safeties, I mean, that's a lot of drinking. And if Tom Brady correctly predicts a play during the broadcast, take it trip. What are you doing for the Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: We're gonna go to Andrew's best friend's house. There they got a bunch of ribs, that they're gonna I don't know what they're doing to it, hopefully smoking it or something nice. But they got a bunch of ribs, so we're gonna go over there. And then I got to figure out what I'm bringing home because I got to bring something we did. We did something at their house once before where we literally just got tons of crab legs, put a bunch of aluminum foil down on a big coffee table and just like, oh yeah, I put the crab legs down and went to tow a hunt home while the game was on, like in front of us.
Speaker 4: Oh that sounds great, right.
Speaker 3: It's very low key.
Speaker 2: It's nothing like super fancy or anything usually when we get together with them, but they're very good at cooking, so I'm excited to go hang out with them.
Speaker 1: Well, here are the top five food must haves at your part, and no surprise is in here really at all. Number one is wings because that's just like it's just the perfect Super Bowl party snack barbecue. So your ribs or pulled pork in a crock pot for sandwiches. Seven layer dip is number three. Pizza is number four. I think you can get pizza you don't really need anything else, and I will say, I.
Speaker 2: Say something, Well, you're not a sweet person. I feel like you've got to have something sweet though, with pizza.
Speaker 1: Uh and chicken tenders and nuggets. Is the number five super Bowl must have food. And they say that one hundred and thirteen million people plan to throw or attend a Super Bowl party. Seventeen point six million of us planned to watch the game at a restaurant or a bar. But there are people who have no interest in the game or the parties. If you're a non Super Bowl person, I wonder what do you do instead of watching the game?
Speaker 3: I mean, go to the gym where nobody's there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you could for sure, or go shopping. The malls are going to be closed by that time and run down to Target. I guess open it until probably eight o'clock on a Sunday night. But there are definitely people. And now I have so annoyed during the playoffs because my team's all lost. The Bills lost, the Vikings lost, the Lions lost, so none of my team's made it to the super Bowl. And I'm like, I'm not watching the fucking super Bowl. I'm not gonna watch it. But then I thought, well, what else am I going to do on a Sunday night? You just feel like so depressed if you're like leaving yourself out of such a big, momentous event.
Speaker 2: So we're watching these two dogs right now and the owners. They're in Florida. They get back on Sunday and they are hosting a Super Bowl party that day. They host one every year. They're like, We've got like nineteen people coming. They're like, but honestly, we don't even want to do it. We're so annoyed with the Super Bowl this.
Speaker 4: Year because of the teams that are yeah, yeah, They're like.
Speaker 2: We just We're like, can we just like watch something else, like make chili and like be done with it. I just thought that was funny, like people who host super Bowls every year and then our hype for that, but then they don't even want to do it.
Speaker 1: Bailey, Okay, Bailey just walked in. We have not mentioned Bailey yet today, but maybe you heard on the show this morning Bailey's car got broken into and so she is about right now, I'll be a parent transparent. It is six point forty in the morning and we're recording this during the War of the Roses replay and Bailey is now forty minutes past when you normally get here, So tell me the story. We've got about two or three minutes or so.
Speaker 5: Okay, great. Well, I walked out to my car today and opened my driver's window and there was a giant piece of concrete on my driver's side seat with a bunch of glass everywhere concrete.
Speaker 4: So they top piece of a curb or.
Speaker 5: Sidewalk, giant piece of concrete, and they threw it through my passenger window, shattered my window. My window's completely gone. And they stole my work bag that really just had like show prep in it, and my key cards to the building, so I have to deactivate those. A pencil case with scissors and tape in it, and a manicure kit that literally had like a nail file and nail clippers.
Speaker 1: So no jewelry, watches, bag of money, driver's license, anything, just inconvenience.
Speaker 5: Shit, I don't keep any of that stuff in my car. Yeah, I mean, there are things with my name in my car. So, like, I don't know the fact that they took my work bag, I'm like, oh, I'm I don't know. I'm jumping to conclusions. Obviously, So I'm like, oh, they know it's my car, and they want to get into.
Speaker 4: This building and the kill care. Yeah, no, they don't care.
Speaker 5: But they rustled through my glove compartment. They took out all my napkins, all of my like car manual stuff, and then they took my little choir book with all my sheet music and threw it on the ground.
Speaker 1: I just think, what a garbage human it is that breaks into people's cars. And we were saying earlier on the air, is like thieves have been around since men man, humankind has been around. You know, there are thieves in the Bible, there are thieves throughout history, and you know, thievery has been punished in different ways all throughout history. That used to cut your hands off, Yeah, different parts of the world, lashing. If you were like in the military back in the eighteen hundreds and you were a thief, you got lashed. So thieves have always been a problem, But I just hate it. It's like, what brings you to think I'm going to steal something from somebody who you know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Just it's like it's not your shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's somebody who is doing their thing, being responsible and here is some fuckball.
Speaker 4: That's a new word.
Speaker 1: Write that down, Jenny, fuckball and call this podcast fuckball? Who thinks that it's okay to steal? I just I guess I grew up in such a like an ethical environment where nobody in my family stole. We just didn't, you know, we just didn't. We didn't cheat or steal or cheat on our taxes or you know, I did steal I think a couple of dollars out of the collection plate at Black Forest Community Church. And it was worth it because you know, you can get a couple of bags in M and M's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, prefer for that.
Speaker 2: Back in the day, my nephew stole out of the collection plate. But he was young enough to know he didn't know what he was doing.
Speaker 1: You saw, like agenda, I was ten ish or twelve ish or something like that. He was three, And yeah, three is okay. But there was a little gas station grocery store right across the street from the church, and so me and my buddy Mark Connell and a couple of other dope friends, Rick Williams. I know that I'll never forget him. We would eat steal a dollar and back then a dollar would buy you a couple of candy bars at the gas station across the street. But the minister knew we were doing it, and so he then after the collection, he would take the collection plates himself and put them up on the altar. And I remember one time he gave us a dirty look, like you you little fuckballs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys were that's what he was thinking. And Is said too, he probably was.
Speaker 1: And I was a little fuckball when I was a kid. I was such a little shit. I get embarrassed sometimes when I think about what a hard time I gave my mom and dad, and but I think that it led to like this sense of event, having an adventurous mind that served me later. So I don't do shady things like stealing money anymore. But my mind comes up with all kinds of fucking weird shit that actually works well on.
Speaker 4: The radio, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So what's the next step here? So daddy came.
Speaker 4: Picked you up.
Speaker 5: My dad came got me and brought me here. I have to file a police report because I called and they were like, you can do it online, So I have to do that. I took pictures and today I need to get my window replaced.
Speaker 3: Like period.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I have so I have places to be, Like I wish they would have broken into it tomorrow night because I have places to be today, I have places to be tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I have nowhere to be on Sunday and it's gonna snow.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, it's just the season it's happened in is like the worst season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, totally true.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then Mon's like you have to clean out your car and like, yeah, I understand, I have a lot of stuff in my car and that's like a running joke, but like it's worthless stuff like pillow pets. Like I'm surprised I had a sword in my car and they did not touch a sword. They didn't take my sword.
Speaker 2: I think that people do target people where they can see like a lot of stuff in their car, because like Andrew has a lot of junk in his car. Yeah, but I was telling Davi this that like when he used to live in Saint Paul, he just left his car unlocked because people broke into cars all the time. Yeah, and he was like, so he knew when people went into his car because like shit would have been like ruffled around, but like he left it unlocked, so nobody ever actually like broke anything last to get into it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I learned a voluable last time.
Speaker 4: I guess, well, I'm glad you're okay.
Speaker 1: I wasn't worried about your physical health, because when you break your get your car broken into, it's usually not a matter of all. They broke your jaw at the same time. Yeah, but I was worried about what they would steal. And of the course it's upsetting. I mean, that's the main thing.
Speaker 4: It's upsetting.
Speaker 5: I guess I didn't check my trunk, but now I have that in my brain.
Speaker 1: That is the Minnesota Goodbye, and thank you for listening. Happy super Bowl weekend, and if you got an email, send it to Ryan Show at KDWB dot com.