Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon, and you're listening to KFI AM six forty the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. This is your ex fiance. I have animosity towards But anyway, I'm talking to my mom and we were talking about traffic and I was on the West Side on Wednesday afternoon. Got out of a movie about five point fifteen, so I had to go back to the San Gabriel Valley in rush hour and working my way by the time I got through downtown La. I mean, I'm trying to be chill. I've got like a podcast on. I'm just like, I'm chilled. It's a beautiful day. And then all of a sudden, some woman didn't let me in or something, and just things that came out of my mouth. And my mom had the same, the same experience she had. She was going to the theater in San Francisco or whatever, and she's like, and I just started swearing, and I was like, the same thing happened to me. Where these things the most are full or lack of art expletives, string of explatives that came out of my mouth. I wish I was shocked at what I was saying out loud. And sometimes that happens when your ex fiance comes out in conversation and I say these things my.
Speaker 2: Ex fiance, Yeah, you have never met and.
Speaker 1: I say these things, and I'm like, you don't even know this woman.
Speaker 2: My god.
Speaker 1: See that's how you know I'm a good take that.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, you're protective of your friend. I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Hey, guys, is any way we could read visit the fall in Yesterday of the crazy ex lovers in about six months and hopes that either Elon or Donald will call in and tell their story.
Speaker 1: I know, right, I know they listen to you, guys, So true.
Speaker 2: That would be funny.
Speaker 1: Okay, So here's the thing about the Orange County DA Todd Spitzer. I covered Todd Spitzer when he was a fallen out of Grace DA twenty years ago, and Todd Spitzer gave me the feeling in my gut that I feel when I want to run the other way from people and it never lets me down. There are people on our station that have Todd Spitzer on all the time. He's the DA of Orange County. He's in the news all the time. I understand it. I will not have him on because he creeps me out. There's something in my gut that tells me to run the other way, and it always has and then this story comes up. A jury has found that Todd Spitzer harassed and retaliated against a high ranking female prosecutor in the ocda's office after she raised concerns about his conduct and tried to protect other prosecutors who were sexually harassed by one of his buddies, another superior in the office. This is a civil jury. It does not need to be unanimous in this case. The jury voted tended to toward punitive damages against Todd Spitzer. The jury also found that the cow he did not take reasonable steps to prevent workplace harassment and that they took adverse employment action against this woman, Tracy Miller, who was at one point the highest ranking woman in the prosecutor's office. Her attorney is John Barnett. Yeah, that John Barnett.
Speaker 2: Has been around for a long yeas both covered cases where John Barnett has been involved, right.
Speaker 1: And he said that Tracy Miller had the fortitude to resist the most powerful law enforcement person in the county and she prevailed. The juries saw that she was right. They found Spitzer and former chief Assistant District Attorney Sean Nelson liable for three million in damages, including one point five million for past emotional distress.
Speaker 2: They also said that Spitzer himself was going to be liable for that additional twenty five thousand in punitive damages Spitzer DA. Spitzer put out a statement. He said, I accept full responsibility for any and all actions which occur in my administration, including my own acts and the actions of my former chief assistant DA. Sean Nelson said he didn't make any meant in this statement, didn't say anything about the actual allegations or harassment, etc. But said that he said a very high standard I expected all my employees to meet, and Ms Miller was overseeing extremely important assignments. He went on to say that he was frustrated with her lack of performance in a couple of those cases, said I respect the decision from the jury. I'm also heartbroken over the fact that any of my actions would have been interpreted as anything other than a good faith effort to clean up corruption in the ocda's office.
Speaker 1: So I'm reading between the lines. It seems like this woman Tracy Miller had a set of brass balls, and she didn't like that other women were being retaliated against if they were not playing along with his buddy guy by the name of Gary Lagalbo, a former supervisor friends with Todd Spitzer, that he kind of maybe was a bit of a fief and that there were some women who I didn't like working under Gary, and that since he was friends with Spitzer, who was untouchable, she seems to have stucks stuck up, stuck up for maybe these women who were who were sidelined or were not given the good cases because they didn't want to play along something of that nature, and they took it out on Tracy Miller. That's just reading between the lines. That's what it seems like. It is a very highly charged environment, high profile cases, massive office, very challenging, very demanding, a lot of ego, a lot of strong wills there. But they said in her testimony, Tracy Miller said that both Todd Spitzer and this guy or Sean Nelson, the number two in the office, I guess chief Assistant District Attorney Sean Nelson, that they both used gender base slurs, that they disrespected her and undermined her authority in the office. Now, this is one of those things where did they use gender base slurs to her or about her in front of other people? I don't know.
Speaker 2: She testified also that that Sean Nelson, who I think is now a judge, as actually that Sean Nelson's actions raised problems in the DA's office after the allegations of harassment were made. For example, that during a sexual harassment training session for managers, Sean Nelson stood up and said there were no victims. Well, I mean, out of context, that's kind of a weird statement to make. But was he suggesting that sexual harassment doesn't exist, or that in the ocda's office there were no victims of sexual harassment, she said.
Speaker 1: Tracy Miller said that Todd Spitzer targeted her and criticized her for writing notes during executive meetings. He testified, you could see any time a subject came up, Tracy was taking notes about our meetings. There was a point of time where it was very curious to me, why do you seem to be memorizing everything we're doing. Memorializing everything we're doing. That's very common. In fact, that's some of the advice you get if you're in a management structure, to take notes of every meeting you have with everyone, so there's a written record that you can refer back to should anything come up. It's a cover your ass move and a smart one to take if you're in management. Also, to have somebody else in the room with you, so that you're not going to be able to be taken down if somebody underneath you comes and says so, and my boss did this and did this to me, and it was a closed door meeting, what have you. Well, if you have somebody else in there and there's notes being taken about what exactly is said, then you avoid that. And so that is a very common thing. And the fact that he had a problem with her taking notes to me raises a red flag. Well, the other red flag is that Todd Spitzer testified multiple days during this trial and denies all the accusations, by the way, and he talks about how hard it was for him when he took over the office after Tony Rococcus left, and that there are people still loyal to Tony Rococcus, and that happens in every office, right, but still people loyal to Tony Roccus and Todd Spitzer starts crying on the stand. I knew it was going to be miserable, and it was miserable, wiping away tears at one point, Calm the f on, give me a break. What an e You know he is a showman, make no mistake about it, But what a sad acting role. You're gonna cry over the fact that people in your office, in the DA's office were loyal to Tony Rocaccus, who had been in the office for twenty Come on and this by that that's going to make you cry.
Speaker 2: Guests here, three million dollars in damages is the tip of the iceberg. The county is still looking at eight other sexual harassment lawsuits that involve allegations that were made against Gary legalbo. Yeah who again a friend of Todd Spitzer, Todd Spitcher's best many club.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's just the way it is. I mean, listen, it's not a boy I'm not saying it's a boys club and that women are going to struggle or what have you. That's not what I mean. I just mean that, you know, the guys that are guys, guys and that behave like they get to do anything, especially when they get some power and that's that guy.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Governor Gavin Newsom met with John Boyd, Academy Award winning actor and one of three Hollywood Ambassadors asked by President Trump to kind of represent the administration as they get closer to some sort of attax incentive package to make sure that movie and TV production stay in the United States, but also specifically here in California. So at the table, you've got Governor Newsom's people, You've got former Warner Brothers executive D D. Myers, a senior advisor to the governor right now, and director of Gobiz Stephen Paul and Scott Carroll, also President. The meeting came as the state legislators been working on this seven hundred and fifty million dollars tax credit plan. It's still up in the air. It's not been finalized. It has passed a couple of floor votes in Sacramento, but it's not clear yet how it's going to be impacted by the budget that they're still working on, the tariffs that exist, the recovery, wildfire recovery efforts and everything that's going on. But the plan would be if successful. The seven hundred and fifty million dollars film tax credit plan would offer the thirty five percent tax rate to LA based productions. It would increase the program's cap from three thirty three hundred and thirty million up to seven hundred and fifty million. The governor also suggested a federal plan, a national plan that would be about seven and a half billion for film and TV national tax incentive programs, again funded through the federal government. That would be a great day, in all honesty, if you had Gavin Newsom and Donald Trump celebrating the passage of a seven and a half billion dollar national tax incentive program. That would go a long way to bridging gaps for people. But John Voight has talked about at least last month, he was talking about more of a carrot stick approach to keeping production in southern California, mixing the tax incentives, the foreign film tariffs, and co production treaties to try to encourage a US movie production. So Gavin Newsom has been he would love to be able to campaign for president on the very flashy platform of I was able to save the California film industry. Did he save the FELA? I mean, who knows, but it would be a feather in his cap if, in fact, he wanted when I should say, when he runs for president, he wants to be able to say that he could save the California film industry.
Speaker 1: Well, does John Voyd as eighty six years old? Yeah, not as old as or I should say, President Trump. No, he's older than President Trump. Oh, not as old as yet no. Yeah, yeah, but I mean, you know, you put John Voight next to President Trump, Trump's looking a little young, you know, a little anger.
Speaker 2: Is he going to be eighty? Yeah, in twenty seven, twenty seven, he'll be eighty, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his birthday is coming up. It's a June fourteen, eight days. Yeah. Are we gonna have that military parade?
Speaker 2: Yep? We are? Huh yep, Wow, to the point where they're they're talking about the amount of damage that it's about to do to the streets of Washington, d C. Because you've got giant, heavy military tanks going through Washington, d C. They'll have to put steel plates down, and they're going to shut down Reaga National Airport for a few hours during that during that parade. Yeah, I'm still on June fourteenth, the expectation for that. Hey, if you miss any part of our show, you can always go back and check out the podcast. Just wherever you listen to podcasts, type in Gary and Shannon and at the end of the show each day we post it as a podcast, and then on the weekends you get the Gas Weekend Fix, which is a segment that does not air during the week for good reason. You can't say some of the things on the air that we can say in the Weekend Fix, so that will actually show up in your inbox tomorrow. But you got to go subscribe to the podcast. When you find Gary and Shannon hit subscribe. You can comment on the podcast, you can rate the podcast, and most importantly, you can share the podcast as well.
Speaker 1: Who would you share the podcast with? Like this is like one of those pod Spitzer awful you know memes for my friends send it to me and they're like, oh, you love this, And I'm like, why would I love this? This is awful? Is that like our podcast where people share it.
Speaker 2: In I don't care who they share it to or why it discre that they do it.
Speaker 1: Can you share it like you would share an article or whatever? Is there like a little really so if I go to our podcast. So how about we do a share challenge? You share the podcast with one person?
Speaker 2: Why just one? Why are you shooting?
Speaker 1: Because I mean, just for ta let's all share it with somebody, like right now, you can't share it with me? Where is so podcasts? Okay? There it is Gary and Shannon. There it is okay, And then how do I share it about?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Here it is share. Here's the button right here at the top top right of the screen. Gary and Shannon click on that at share Share podcast. Who should I send it to?
Speaker 2: Your husband?
Speaker 5: He listens, Your mom, she listens, your brother, he listens. Your best friend from junior high.
Speaker 1: She listens, Her husband listens. I guess everybody listens.
Speaker 2: Okay, send it to the most famous person in your contact list.
Speaker 1: The most famous person.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll see how it goes. It's the Disneyland Resorts seventieth celebration. It's not a celebration without you. With all the sites, laughter and fun, everyone is excited. So KFI is going to give you a chance to win a family four pack of one day, one park tickets to Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure. Join the limited time event keep listening to KFI for your chance to celebrate offering subject restrictions and change without notice. The Friday edition of Conversation with Michael Monks is coming up next.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: This is like Brad Angelina stuff like this is one of the most public divorces I've ever seen, and we're hearing blow by blow in real time like never before, and we're all here for it. I mean, Twitter was a wonderful, wonderful place to be yesterday, very entertaining. Now here's the latest. Guys. If you were fired by Doge, you're in the federal government, you got asked stand by. One email that has already surfaced reads notice of reduction in force issued to you is officially rescinded in all caps, and you will not be separated from employment. Apparently the government is scrambling to rehire workers fired by Doge. If Elon fired you, we want you back, allegedly, is the new narrative playing out across the government. According to the Washington Post, the Trump administration is scrambling to rehire many federal employees dismissed under Doze's staff slashing initiatives after wiping out entire offices. So stay tuned.
Speaker 2: You may have to go back to work on Monday, and.
Speaker 1: I think that a lot of people want to go back to work that have been fired.
Speaker 2: Michael Monks is here. I am back at work myself after a little little vacation from you. Really, where'd you go? Take a guess. You're wearing a Carmel sweatshirt.
Speaker 1: I feel like one of those people that goes to Fisherman Wharf and buys the shirt that says Fisherman Wharf and then wears it around.
Speaker 2: You know, you've got to support the local economy that you're visiting. It's a good point, but you're also living in California.
Speaker 1: You're a teenage girl from China, Like what's going on?
Speaker 2: I was for Halloween three years ago and I was canceled for it and that's why I live here.
Speaker 1: Well, it can make it a comeback. He's literally wearing a sweats corner tourist stores that says Carmel California and even says California and block lettering along the sleeve.
Speaker 2: On the street. It's a beautiful sort of a maroon whatt.
Speaker 1: Shirts that falls apart with one wall.
Speaker 2: I washed it yesterday, you did, because I already wore this once. I wore this Carmel sweatshirt in Carmel. Come at me, You're not strong to.
Speaker 1: Be an extra large, and now it's an extra tall.
Speaker 2: I wear this because this was my first trip to Carmel. I'd never seen Carmels. Spouse had wanted to go up there for a while. We checked it out. We've been there. We went Sunday through. We came back here yesterday morning.
Speaker 1: The spouse that's very romantic.
Speaker 2: I know, you know me, but Carmel is romantic.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: And what I noticed about this shirt in particular is that when I put it on, it's a bit like a Superman cape. Because I can feel my credit score going up, I can feel my net worth rising.
Speaker 1: But nobody in Carmel would wear a shirt.
Speaker 2: That's not that is not you know what people who vacation in these enclaves absolutely wear.
Speaker 1: The people who are not the people that have the high.
Speaker 2: Credit score, Yes they are, you know need how many puffy vests. I saw a lot of puffy vests.
Speaker 1: I know. I went to Carmel for the first time last year, so many puffy vans.
Speaker 2: And all of the stores, all of the clothing. By the way, one of the clothing stores there is just called khakis. I know, like I got whiter walking around Carmel. That's what okay.
Speaker 1: I went wine tasting there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's you either.
Speaker 1: Never felt more bougie in my whole life. Looking over at the water in Carmel, drinking a glass of wine, I wanted to end my own line.
Speaker 2: I saw the most spectacular romantic scene play out. We had a beach day on Wednesday. We sat there, We put down a picnic blanket and I had a charcouterie board.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, you gotta do it.
Speaker 2: It was it was cloudy, you know, it wasn't a great beach day. But next to us was this, you know, a good looking guy, good looking gal there together with a beautiful beach blanket. Did they also have a shark? They did, except there's looked fancier and they had stuff that looked like arawan asque whatever you might get up there. So they get up from their blanket and they jog hand in hand water herb but was hanging now. He looked great. You know, this was a good looking young couple. They jog off into the water, splashing about.
Speaker 1: Did they keep going?
Speaker 2: They embrace she drowned them. They share a beautiful kiss. They it's all disgusting, right, but it's romantic. Meanwhile, back at the blanket, Yeah, seagulls, three dozen sea birds descended upon their blanket. Mine mind, everything destroyed it. That blanket was flipped every wishway, covered in dirt, crumbs everywhere. I may have waved a stick at them, and my Kentucky came out and they go on, get, go on, get, But I realized I had no power in Carmel.
Speaker 1: Because those seagulls are bigger than you.
Speaker 2: There were three dozen of them, and I was scared that they were going to turn on me like dogs. So when the couple came back to see the destruyer, their day was ruined. They had to leave.
Speaker 1: How did they react?
Speaker 2: They thanked me for my bravery because I oversold myself and.
Speaker 1: The explanation I was in the you had such a beautiful I keep down, you're stupid. Actually you had such a beautiful day. And I tried to, but they just came in. There were so many, and.
Speaker 2: They believed me. Yeah, and they thanked me for my heroism. And then I went and I bought this sweatshirt because I felt at that moment I had earned this. I became Carmel. This was thirty five dollars. That was not thirty it was thirty five dollars. Did it come well, spit it out Gary, Oh no, it's not important anyway. It's a beautiful town where you get.
Speaker 1: Did it come with the child in the sweatshop who made it?
Speaker 2: Well? It was made in Pakistan, and so was the other one that I bought in Monterey. Guess what that one says? Monterey?
Speaker 1: I hate you, yeah so much?
Speaker 2: And that cost thirty five? Does it say Monterey, California? That one is just solid? Monterey stands on its own. Okay, Carmel has you know there's a Carmel Indiana outside of Indianapolis, and I'm sure they're crushing it in the merch business. Carmel Indiana.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised at suburban Indian spouse also get said sweat.
Speaker 2: I couldn't convince him too. We went to and I was basically begging him to buy you.
Speaker 1: I'd like him better.
Speaker 2: He did buy a magnet. Okay, that's appropriate.
Speaker 1: They say Carmel, California.
Speaker 2: It did, okay, No, it said I love Milo, which is the name of our cat.
Speaker 1: Did it really?
Speaker 2: But then it says Carmel under it? Okay? Now I just want to say, wait, did your kako with you?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: We put him in a cat hotel called the Kato Marmont into Luca Lake.
Speaker 1: That sounds expensive.
Speaker 2: It was pricier than I wanted as much? Is that time out? He was in the Jimmy Stewarts. He was in the Jimmy Stewart suite.
Speaker 1: Can you hold on? We're going to come back. Gary and Channing will continue. Michael Monks is with us? Doesn't get better than this.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Also a plastic surgery procedure that's been been making the rounds in Washington, d C. Specifically for dukes.
Speaker 1: Are you thinking about something?
Speaker 2: I feel like, well, I'll give it away. It's a chiseled chin. Okay, I have I have a soft chisel. It's like a quarter inch round over bit is what I'm thinking.
Speaker 1: I've never looked at your chin before.
Speaker 2: Should I jut it out like that?
Speaker 1: It looks like so it looks.
Speaker 2: Like fling blade. No, bring frad gaters mustard.
Speaker 1: I think, thank you. I think it's a good chin. It's not. It's not too much.
Speaker 2: It's like about six days of stubble on it right there. Can you even see it from over there? You can't even see that, can you?
Speaker 1: Of course I can, Corse you can from Carmel.
Speaker 3: My name is Pam.
Speaker 1: I get them all the time and I wear them all the time. They're great, and they're great for the town. You're right, so stop making fun.
Speaker 2: They're great for the town. I'm sure the town of Carmel gets really hurting.
Speaker 1: They're really hurting in Carmel. You should see the vermin in the streets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, Bam. I appreciate the sport. And you're right.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I just about died listening to the Carmel Valley story and the seagulls when he said his Kentucky came.
Speaker 2: Out and he was like, gon get now, gone get.
Speaker 6: From Texas. But living in California, and I totally understand.
Speaker 2: Texas dialect is very similar to Kentucky. When you're trying to shoot things away, it's very similar. So glad you're back. God, we missed us some monks around. Hey, guys, the show reminds me of a high school sophomore class.
Speaker 3: Three people desperately.
Speaker 2: Trying to be funny and failing miserably. You know, the last few days the show has been pretty good, So I don't know what the hell's changed, but yeah, just just do loser, do something. It's sucking bad?
Speaker 1: Whoa what do you play a game of? What's he really upset about?
Speaker 2: You know what? He doesn't have a caramel sweatshirt.
Speaker 1: He doesn't and I think he's hungry, Like I think that he didn't eat breakfast and he's trying to raw dog it till noon and he needs something. The blood sugar is low on that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't win them all.
Speaker 1: You got a pack stuff snacks in your car? Bro Yeah, protein bar or something.
Speaker 2: What was the question you were going to ask him? We were on the Cat Tomarmont, where my cat, my little free Holies spent the week. While it doesn't nunciation, wouldn't you call it? Why wouldn't you say miloes? Because he is part white and part Latino?
Speaker 1: How does that work?
Speaker 2: So guess which part is which? I thought she used that? Wait?
Speaker 1: I thought we were talking about beans with Freelis.
Speaker 2: We are, and so the cats have little toes that look like beans.
Speaker 1: Do people refer to cats as free hols?
Speaker 2: And I just like, no, no, no, The pads on the bottom of you know, they look like little toe beans, and so we call him Milo free holes.
Speaker 1: When he said free hol is, you knew that he was talking about the pads on his cat's paws reminding him of beans.
Speaker 2: He just said it, he said that, and I when he said it, I clearly knew what he meant by the toes looked like.
Speaker 1: How much did you pay for free Holz? Milo free hole Is?
Speaker 2: I got him at a cat cafe in Kentucky, which is basically a shelter.
Speaker 1: Not how much did you pay for him? How much did you pay for him to stay for one night in the cat toe marmal.
Speaker 2: He stayed four nights, okay, in the car and the Jimmy Stewart sweet.
Speaker 1: What's the grand total?
Speaker 2: It was about three hundred Holy Christ. Now we had a live feed the whole time where we could pop in on him and send him some love. Pay extra for that? Yeah? Are you serious?
Speaker 3: How much?
Speaker 1: How much did you pay extra so you could get a cat cat.
Speaker 2: It's like five extra dollars a day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, our ads, did you sign.
Speaker 2: Up for none? Because this was his first visit. Now, if we take them another time, have freedom to interact with the other cats.
Speaker 1: Oh so it's like a pyramids. It's like a birken bag, a little bit of money.
Speaker 2: They want your cat to get familiar. Are you familiar with the cats? Yeah, they're very too tutorial. Do you know what cats are? You know what they are? I do. We didn't want to take them to Carmel, not the vibe for my little free hols, so we put them into.
Speaker 1: To come live. I'll come live at your loft. I don't take care of freeholes. I don't know that you guys would hit it off. Sometimes you've got bad energy. I do, but you choose the bad energy I know. So we're talking about the solstice and this not being summer off air, I need to work on my mind.
Speaker 2: You got to get connected to the universe. I want to say this, if I could just hijack this for a moment and and bring some news levity back to the program before you get another anchor. That guy calls again, I.
Speaker 1: Like sophomore year by the way arguably my favorite year.
Speaker 2: That was a turning point for me too. I discovered broadcasting and uh, there's no looking.
Speaker 1: Back at now, Harry, like you find people junior year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you start to grow mustache.
Speaker 1: I was talking about high school. You started broadcasting in high school?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, at a public access show and then I did the morning announcements on TV in school. Yeah they had TV in your school, Yeah they did. He was a rich We're not a rich kid. They took a subsidy from Mountain Dew and uh they put the TVs in so that they could sell us more Mountain Denn brought to you by every single announcements brought to you by Mountain Dew.
Speaker 1: I love the drug companies.
Speaker 2: I will say this. Carmel storybook, picturesque, delicious, beautiful, The drive gorgeous, Yes, I mean even in northern La County. Yeah, through Ventura, Bakersfield. You know, it was so hot in Baker's And what I love is like the way the temperature would just climb as like a pyramid and it would go back down as you're heading into California. You know, people have this idea of California. Yeah, but it's not a great place that it sucks and it's all gone to hell.
Speaker 1: It's gorgeous. Let me just say this, make it dry, make the drug.
Speaker 2: California doesn't suck. Get out of you. If we suck, we suck the car.
Speaker 1: I love the drive to Northern California because La, we have the shining Sea to the majestic mountains, the Blue Mountain something. What does the song America the beautiful, the shining Sea to signing shining Sea, two seas, two coasts, yea, and somewhere in that song as the mountains. And let me tell you, in California we have all of it.
Speaker 2: You got every single bit of it. Why can't La look like Carmel? Where are the visionaries? Where are the boat shoes and khaki and vest wearing men? To come into this city and say, there shall be a bookstore on this corner, there shall be seagulls eating your arawan on the beach. You shall be able to buy a sweatshirt that says Los Angeles on it and wear it around this city without being hacked to death by a machete. Because we are Los Angeles and that is what we deserve.
Speaker 1: Money, Michael, money, We give away the money here in Los Angeles speech, it was, Oh.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, it's it's sucking really bad.
Speaker 1: Did you and your your spouse get into any fights on the vacation, No, no tense moment.
Speaker 2: No, we were totally great.
Speaker 1: Nobody snapped at each other.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: In fact, we grew closer. You grew close. I drive, Yeah, I drive closer. We grew closer. A lot of great conversations about what we want out of California while we're here. We're gonna plan. I'm a guy who plans.
Speaker 1: How long are you going to be here for?
Speaker 2: Maybe forever? Wow?
Speaker 1: That was beautiful.
Speaker 2: You know, in Carmel they have a newspaper called the pine Cone and that's their legitimate paper. Can you imagine being caught up in a corruption scheme and brought down by something called the pine Cone?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: How bad at crime? Do you have to be down? Yes, edge the pine Cone reports this morning. But that's how adorable that city is that that's their newspaper. I might I might go back to Carmel and work at the pine Cone. Thanks guys, this has been fun. It's always great. Yeah, gotta I'll post some pictures on Instagram from the trip, and I'm gonna talk more tomorrow night on Michael Monk's Reports seven to nine here on KFI AM six forty also live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app about your trip to Carmel. I'm going to talk about what I learned as a new Californian seeing that California compared to what we see every day here in Los.
Speaker 1: Angelesky, you've been to Big sir.
Speaker 2: We didn't make it up there. We saw we could have next time, Next time, for sure. Yeah. We went to Monterey. I bought a hoodie there.
Speaker 1: Did you go to the freaking aquarium too?
Speaker 2: We did.
Speaker 1: Do you see the sunfish?
Speaker 2: I didn't. I saw the otters.
Speaker 1: The sunfish is my god.
Speaker 2: This big otter guy loved the otters. And then I saw an otter in the wild in the ocean. Otters are everywhere, Michael, but this is the first time for me. But we ain't got otterers in Kentucky. An otter.
Speaker 3: It's sucking bad.
Speaker 2: Gary and Shannon will continue right after this. You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app,