Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome. It's time now for our community connection right here on Kay one, the one you trust. We have our friends in from Eldercare. We have Jennifer Nis and she brought a friend I.
Speaker 2: Did being a friend, a new friend, new friend, a new friend maybe not unknown to some, but new to Eldercare. So this is Michael Cole and he is our new development director. He just joined us not long ago and I'm dragging him already with me.
Speaker 3: We'll welcome aboard.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I got the chance to.
Speaker 1: See you out at the Celebrate Giving event, which, by the way, that place was packed.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, packed man, But it.
Speaker 1: Was great seeing I'm going I bet you he got a job out there and he've been already been working.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: See how well I keep up tabs with my friends?
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 5: So we decided to keep it, you know, give a minute.
Speaker 4: To come in clock last night, every going with a big splash.
Speaker 1: We do it right.
Speaker 3: So how you like the new gig?
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 6: It's it's a great team to work with and just the services that it provides to our community. And I just love being around the building and having conversations with those those folks that are coming in and that we're serving. So it definitely speaks to my my heart for community and service.
Speaker 4: So I love it.
Speaker 1: Well, you know your background, You've done everything from corporate stuff to the ministerial and a few things in between.
Speaker 3: So this kind of lands up pretty good with what Elder cares all about.
Speaker 4: It fits, it feels good. I love it.
Speaker 3: Like a comfortable set of shoes, it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we hope he doesn't get too comfortable. We need those shoes.
Speaker 4: No, all those shoes.
Speaker 3: I'll be about walking. Yeah, he'll be walking. He's got to walking.
Speaker 6: Experience some folks and get to know them and tell them more about our mission and align our mission was something that they're passionate about. And and then and hopefully they can help us, you know, meet our goals.
Speaker 3: See what develops.
Speaker 7: Exactly, See what did Yeah, and so you know, we're really excited to get out and work together and find more people who are passionate about our mission and advocate for us and help us, you know, align with our goals to to do some big things in the future.
Speaker 1: You know something. The end of the year is coming. Boy, this year is flown by, but really the end of the year is coming up. Just slap us in the shop. But if you're looking for some your end giving, I'm going to say that Eldercare is well worth your consideration.
Speaker 6: Tell me why, I'm all Michael, tell you, well, I'll tell you why.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 6: You know, there are a lot of ways that you could give at the end of the year. Like individuals could could write a check to Eldercare. A lot of people choose the QCD, which is the Qualified Charitable Distributions from your IRA, so a lot of pensioners, retirees will do that to lower their tax burden. Sure, so you could truly just call us at nine one eight three three six eight five zero zero ask for me, or go email giving at about Eldercare dot org and ask about that. But we have some very specific things in twenty twenty five. We have programs that we want to develop. We need to grow our daybreak program and do more outreach to those in the community aging community of Bartlesville, Washington County and bring them in. We have an end of life coming on Windows ten. Yeah, Windows ten, endos ten, So we've got computers all over the building that need to be windows eleven and some of them are going to have to be completely replaced. We've got a roof and h fact that's over twenty years old. We've got a lot of things that could be loved with your end of year donation.
Speaker 3: So it's very real, is what you're saying.
Speaker 6: But the programs that we could offer, you know, there's with our foundation therapy, there's equipment that has been used over and over and we need to replace that equipment so that we can continue to help and care for people. So if you have questions, call email. I can point you into a direction. If you want to give directly towards something, sure, if you want to give generally towards the organization, that would be wonderful. But yeah, end of years coming, and so if you want to lower that tax burden, you know, we would love to be a beneficiary of that. There are so many nonprofits in Bartlesville you have no reason not.
Speaker 4: To support them.
Speaker 3: So that's true. Call us.
Speaker 4: We'd love to talk to you very good.
Speaker 2: And when we talk about you know, I know a lot of people love focus giving, you know, so we talk about maybe a project or you know, something like that, But there's something really big to also say about kind of giving to the overall agency. Some people really want to know that, you know, they're affecting something specific, But the overall gift, even just an individual kind of donation, allows us to provide services and all those So we have had I think it's approximately sixty three thousand service hours in our community over you know, in the past year, we serve over fifteen hundred individuals through different programs, and that doesn't necessarily count just the conversations that we have how we love on people kind of thing, and so that kind of general donation allows us to continue to.
Speaker 5: Do that work.
Speaker 2: We have forty eight wonderful employees who are out there every day serving and we can serve more, and so we have a big passion to do that and to see those.
Speaker 5: In twenty five expand.
Speaker 2: And so it's a good time, like you said, to kind of think, is there, you know something at the end of the year that I'd like to still do, whether it's for elder care or I'm just going to say, like you said, or any other nonprofit in this community. Because there there's plenty of people to serve and so everyone would be happy to answer your questions.
Speaker 1: You know, your programs are great out there at the Elder Care and we want to remind people this is not a residential facility.
Speaker 3: We're here to make sure.
Speaker 1: That you're aging in place with dignity, care and respect, and we want to make sure that you do it your way, but we're here to help along the way too. So everything we have with like Foundation therapy, if you have problems with your.
Speaker 3: Balance, you go in get and get taken.
Speaker 1: Care of a little bit of this, little bit of that, and you're starting to feel better and you know you're good as new or as good as new as you're going to get, and you're off and running again until you have to come back. But Daybreak is a great offering that you have that you know, we kind of smile and say ask for the cool kids hang out because they are these are really interesting folks who sometimes really didn't have anybody to talk to or visit with, and now they've got their own little community. It's kind of like a club, and it's a very welcoming community. They're at Daybreak, and you know, there's a lot of friendships being.
Speaker 2: Made absolutely, and you know, Daybreak is a really great example of how sometimes what we need in our lice is connection and so that light comes on.
Speaker 5: That light comes on.
Speaker 2: So yeah, there are going to be physical things like physical therapy where we need to stay well and we need to physically be well, but we can't overlook the need for connection. And so Dabak provides that in one way. Our case managers in a different way. Even our in home services where we come out and do housekeeping, it's built around the idea that we are a community and we have that connection.
Speaker 5: And so when you're.
Speaker 2: Thinking about the holidays, this can be a really isolating time for some people.
Speaker 5: Not everyone has the same family.
Speaker 2: Tradition, so everyone has a lot of people in this community, we can feel a little isolated. And so I kind of want to piggyback off that and talk a little bit about how we've created a fundraiser another way that you could give to our mission, but to do it in a way that you feel connected, because we also wanted you to feel connected and have some way to celebrate the holidays together, and that is through our blitzen Bingo fundraiser. Yes emphasis on fun, fun, yeah, emphasis on fun. And that is Saturday or Saturday, Sunday, Sunday December eighth, and we're thrilled to a partner with radio to do this do.
Speaker 1: That onym and it's going to be great fun. If you've ever listened to or participated in the musical type of thing is what blitzen bigos and it's.
Speaker 3: A lot of fun.
Speaker 4: It's going to you got to be quick though, you do have to be quick.
Speaker 2: Do and so if you listeners, if you don't know what music bingo is, I think it's always kind of the what do you mean?
Speaker 5: So here's what you're gonna do.
Speaker 2: So to participate, you purchase an individual ticket or there are some tiers to purchase multiple tickets to kind of give you a small discount some extra add ons.
Speaker 5: You will stay at home that day, You're not coming anywhere.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have some great comfortable clothes on. You're going to tune in to one hundred point one KYFM and we are going to play fifteen twenty seconds of a holiday song and your goal is to guess what song we're playing, name that too, and then you mark it on your Bengo card and then the first person to get a traditional Bengo who's going to call the radio station will win a price.
Speaker 1: Oh hell, you like that, and we're gonna have some fun with this, like you said. Plus we're gonna raise some money for Eldercare, and I like this. This is I hope this is one of these things that goes on for you know.
Speaker 2: Years and years and years here and so it's the perfect opportunity to gather with your neighbors, your family. Also, you don't have to be in the same room, so maybe you have a grandparent who doesn't want to come over. That's it.
Speaker 5: You can do it at the same time.
Speaker 2: You can listen kind of simultaneously, and so it's a really great event. You can buy tickets now on our website about eldercare dot org. There should be a nice logo for the Blitz and Binga that you can click on to go there. You can purchase your tickets and then the first week of December, so December second through the six you will stop buy Eldercare and you pick up your Bingo packet and your cup of cheer because every Bingo.
Speaker 5: Packet comes with a hot coco, so you have something cozy to enjoy.
Speaker 6: Dar any of it big at home for your own holiday spirits in it. If you know what I mean, Tom, I got.
Speaker 5: You and then you can enjoy.
Speaker 2: So you can purchase all the way up to December fifth, So that last day, that Friday, December sixth, will be a day for those to kind of keep picking up their packets right before. Since we're not open on Saturday, you can't have any last minute ones and then get it and then you will tune in on that Sunday.
Speaker 5: Tickets are twenty five dollars apiece.
Speaker 2: I get you that cup of cheer and it gets you your Bingo packets.
Speaker 1: For the night and into the running for the winning Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the first three rounds are included, and then it's you can add on the holiday bonus card for the grand prize if you would like, or you can buy multiple tickets that kind of get you that automatically. So you want to kind of look at that and see what you want to do.
Speaker 3: Well, it looks like, Michael, you came in at the right time of year I did.
Speaker 4: It's gonna it's gonna be fun.
Speaker 6: I'll get a live my childhood dream of being a DJ because that's what I wanted to do in fourth grade.
Speaker 4: DJ visited for career day in fourth grade.
Speaker 6: I was like, man, I want to be a DJ, and never it's never happened. So Sunday, the eighth Sunday Day, I won't really get to be the DJ.
Speaker 3: But you'll get to help h a DJ helper.
Speaker 4: I'll work on that radio voice. Between now and then.
Speaker 3: You already got it.
Speaker 2: Well, I know it feels weird right now because Thanksgiving it so late in the month and everyone's like, well, we're talking about a Christmas name, a holiday themed event before Thanksgiving, and so I know, but you can start purchasing now and kind of put it on the backshelf and celebrate that Smith spirit, you know, the very next week.
Speaker 5: But purchase now.
Speaker 1: Maybe remind folks during the Thanksgiving dinner that they can.
Speaker 2: Get there to Oh, they can competition, because there's nothing better than the bragging rights that you won blitzen Binga to your group of.
Speaker 4: The inaugural blitzen Bingo winner.
Speaker 1: There you go, like, goodness sakes, we might have to get a big old trophy that Ah. Now you're out there on Swan Drive if folks want to meet you in person, and again the website.
Speaker 2: It's about Eldercare dot org. We are on Swan Drive. So if some people, if you're a little less familiar about our community.
Speaker 5: It's the same road that runs right next.
Speaker 3: To Walmart, going around the bend.
Speaker 5: Keep going around the bed and so.
Speaker 2: To purchase tickets for Blitzenbinga, you can do it online.
Speaker 5: You can also give us call on the phone.
Speaker 1: Works you guys actually have people away after the phone.
Speaker 2: And or come by a building and we can do it in person. So there's lots of lots of ways. And if if you don't know what we do, so sometimes it's weird to say, hey, I'm going to support this nonprofit, but I'm not. If you if you're a little unfamiliar, you want to learn more information, give us a call or can by. We'd love to give you a tour and talk about how you know. We're striving to increase aging awareness and make sure that you know, those right now have the supports they need, but that future generations have the support that they need as we all get a little older every day and we want to make sure that we do it really well.
Speaker 1: Thank you both for being here with us today. Thank you folks you've been watching and listening to our community connection