Speaker 1: Our injury attorneys proudly sponsors the Friday Night Drive.
Speaker 2: I met round you.
Speaker 1: We are ready to take on the insurance company for you and get you to the end zone.
Speaker 3: Visit US G A N A, S SI N dot com, Gannison dot com.
Speaker 4: This is State Representative Steve Reich. Since twenty sixteen. It's been my privilege to represent the sixty third district in the Illinois House. I'd like to continue representing you in I'm asking for your vote on November fifth. Thank you, paid for by citizens to elect Stephen Reich.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, and welcome to the Friday Night Drive Western Suburbs Podcasts Week six. Wow, time's flying, Joel. I'm Josh Welge here with Joe Bennett's We're taping this kind of a late night nine o'clock Tuesday night tape. But you know, but it's all good. We did a little vibe all today, did a little golf, but I think now I think it's time to talk football.
Speaker 5: How you doing, Joel?
Speaker 6: They did fund of golfing today, are covering golf and there say, I'm not much of a golf for myself, but yeah, it's a big week of football. Week six and I'm really excited to start talking about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely not much of a golfer myself. I think I tried it one summer about twenty years ago, and I bought a set of clubs and I took a few lessons and it was a miserable experience. So I admire the kids that that that can play it and play it well, as as I admire the football players as well. But but anyway, we're not a golf podcast. We're a football podcast. So let's let's talk football. Uh, and and Joel boy some wild finishes last Friday and Week five, a few of the games involving some of the teams we cover the local teams.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, we'll talk on about Saint Francis in a minute because that kind of takes the cake. But but man, Saint Charles North. Uh, two touchdowns in the thirty seven second span.
Speaker 5: You know, did you see that result?
Speaker 2: And I feel like every year Saint Charles North has at least one game like that, and it seems like Ethan Plumb is in the middle of it.
Speaker 5: You know, what do you think about that one?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean it was well pretty into the game. I mean you mentioned it, two scores in thirty seven seconds, both of them coming in the final minute of play against Sweet and Wornville South. I mean, this was a game that you know last year made it to overtime, and you know there was a lot of hype heading into this game with two returning quarterbacks in Ethan Plumb and Luca Carbonaro, and you know it looked up to the hype. I mean, Saint Charles North obviously cut the score in thirty two to thirty with fifty one seconds left, and then they recovered it on sidekick, drove it down the field that eighteen yeard touchdown to Brandon Harms to secure the game for the North Stars. I mean, you can't get much crazier than that. It's their second big I mean come back win this year, with Week one win against Palatime being the first time. But I mean wild game all throughout.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, there's no substitute for experience, too, and they have a lot of both of those teams. You mentioned that, a lot of experience at quarterback with those two quarterbacks, but he's in Plumbing, a four year starter. He's got a lot of talent at wide receiver. He's got a really good running back. You know, a while, maybe nobody expects a game why that maybe they're the type of team that you think could do something like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, definitely, I mean they have the capability of doing it. I mean, this is it's or that Saint Charles North team is, you know, the only team to have taken Batavia three quarters or to have a lead heading into the fourth quarter. And it took everything to beat them in that game against Batavia. So, I mean Saint Charles North is a really good team and you know they've shown time and and time again they're never out of a game, and you know, they could be one to watch whenever it comes to playoff time in later this month in October.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it was actually a really good and really throwing finish for both Saint Charles schools. I mean Saint Charles East that they were down at halftime. I think they might have lost their starting quarterback during the game, but they come back, they go to overtime, they they they win, they score on their first play of overtime. You know, that's a really good win for them, you know, I know, you know, maybe they won't make the playoffs, who knows, how many wins they'll get. But but Wednesday like that are really, you know, good wins.
Speaker 5: For them as they're taking steps forward.
Speaker 6: Yeah, definitely. I think Saint Charles East is a really young team this year. I think they only I talked to head coach Nolan Postley after the win, and they only have two starters on that offense, our seniors. So it's a really big or it's a really good junior class that is really carrying that team. I mean, you mentioned JT. Patron at quarterback, who is a junior and has kind of led the offense rout this year. But all four of their wide or I believe three at least three of their wide receivers are juniors, with the two big ones being of course Shiko Jokai and also Peter van Vlu who's been really good for them throughout these first five games. And then at tailback, Xander Salazar, also a junior, has had three hundred yard rushing games and scored the game winner against Lake Park. It's one of eight touchdowns they've had to start Dukinge Conference play. So you know, this is a team that you know, has shown that they have the basis to be a really good team and with another year of experience heading into next year, they may be a team to watch for even the or for the playoffs and maybe even a shot at the Duquane Conference title.
Speaker 2: Now, you know, I mentioned at the top that there are some crazy finishes, but you know, unfortunately for Saint Francis, I think their result with with Providence, it takes a cake. I've never I've never seen something like this or heard of something.
Speaker 5: Like this before.
Speaker 2: For those that you know are late catching up Saint Francis playing Providence, they they you know, Brady Palmer, Saint Francis quarterback, at engineered two scoring drives in the fourth ward. They took a four point lead, they get a three and out. Basically, there's you know, a minute or so left, you know, basically you know they're in they're in victory formation, kneel down situation. Apparently, you know, they were called for a delay of game penalty, which somehow got Providence the ball back. Granted they only had thirty eight seconds left to make something happen.
Speaker 5: Well, they did make something happen.
Speaker 2: Their quarterback aj Rayford connected with Jada mccols on a thirty yard touchdown pass on the last play of the game. I've actually heard some people that told us that they've seen video of that that they're not sure if that was a catch actually, but a course for in high school football, so there's no replay in high school football. But Saint Francis that that's that's a tough one. That's a tough pill to swallow.
Speaker 6: To lose like that, I think for any program, that's a tough pill to swallow. I mean, obviously, you have the victory right there and it get called for a delay of game and then give the ball back and lose on the last play of the game that could have easily been preventable. It's just crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I have never I've never heard of something like that before in a game. But man, you know that that's just a tough one overcome, and then you're you know, on top of it. I mean, it's tough at any level, but you're talking about high school kids and kind of getting them reset emotionally and dealing with that.
Speaker 5: So you know, obviously a big challenge ahead for them.
Speaker 2: They play a very difficult schedule already, but to lose a game like that, they their season has really been kind of a wild up and down season. I mean, they go up to Loyola to beat them, that's a huge win. They came back, they lost at home to to Saint Rita. Then they lose that game, and now they play Icy Catholic this week, who's you know, probably their biggest rival. So uh, just you know, just a wild up and down for them. But but yeah, that was that was That was definitely one one for the memory bank. Is that a lot of wild finishes last week?
Speaker 5: A game that was.
Speaker 2: Not a wild finish was a game that you were at last week? Batavia. You know, every week it seems like they continue to impress. What what What were some of the things that that jumped out about their forty one and nothing win over we North.
Speaker 6: I just want to say I've covered Batavia three times this year, and each game I thought, oh, this is gonna be a really close game, this is gonna be really fun. Every single time it's pretty much been a blowout and I'm like, what the heck? But in this victory, the biggest thing for them has been the defense. The defense was just out of control in the entire game. I know, they only held Wheaton North, who in the past four seasons had stayed just a touchdown away or at least a one score away from winning game. They held them twenty one yards of offense throughout the entire game. They finished with negative thirteen rushing yards and only thirty five or thirty passing yards. I mean, it was just insane to see the defense just basically putting pressure on every single play. They finished with eighteen tackles for loss. I want to say they finished with six sacks. I want to say as well. It was just every single play the defense was just making moves and it was you know, it was insane to watch and it really felt like a truly complete game by the defense, and especially after last week where they you know, or where they were trailing to Saint Charles North for those first three quarters. You know, whatever defensive coordinator Matt told them in the locker room at halftime, apparently it's been working because these past six quarters of football for Patavia, it's been really good in terms of defense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I know, Mett Roda Walden and Steve Sussey, they do a podcast as well, you know, during the week day Monday, and Matt so that he thinks this might be the best Patavio defense he's seen in a while, which is really saying something because they've had some exceptional defenses in the last few years.
Speaker 5: You touched on Matt home kind of interesting.
Speaker 2: Dynamic that you talked about in your King County Chronicle notebook this week. Longtime defensive coordinator, longtime teacher, now a retired teacher, still coaching defense.
Speaker 5: You know what did you find out about that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean I he was talking to Dennis Piron about it after the game and he just pretty much looked at me. He's like, now, listen, for the first thirteen years of or for the first twelve years as being a defensive coordinator, he had to deal with teaching. What does he have to do now that he doesn't teach anymore. He's just a football coach all day. And it's fantastic. It's the best thing that's happened to us since I think it was Mike Gesperry who was an offensive coordinator since he retired from coaching and basically led the offense, and I mean whatever, it's it's just the philosophy that the players also have in following that defense and the connection between the two has just been working perfectly. So far, and I'd be like you said, and like Matt and Stevens said, you know, it's probably the best defense that we've seen from Batavia in a long time. And that's saying something with the history that Batavia has had.
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely saying something.
Speaker 2: And I remember last year, last spring, when I had heard that Matt Holme was retiring from teaching, and you know, I was just kind of thinking, Okay, well he's a retired as coach too, because I remember thinking myself, you know, that's that's a really big hit for that program because he's meant so much to what they do, you know, coaching wise and defensive wise. But the fact that he's still coaching obviously, you know, maybe got a little bit more time on his hands to to cook up some schemes. I mean, there's no no surprise between his coaching ability and the talent that they have on defense that they're doing as well as they have. So a lot of good things going on with Batavia. We're gonna talk about them a little bit more later in the podcast. It's kind of a big game coming up this week with with Batavia. Wanted to kind of touch on the game that I was at last Friday, aswego like Batavia and proofs to five and zero, they got tested. They were they were actually down seven and nothing and half time to play in Field North. It's that's a game that you know they're they're a close rivalry. It seems like that game is always a game that goes down to the wire, no matter what, you know, no matter the talent level for each of those teams. But but as we were able to come back get a twenty one to thirteen win. You know, some big plays Jeremiah Kane, who's a wide receiver defensive.
Speaker 5: Back going to Northern Iowa.
Speaker 2: He had a sack force of fumble and then like two plays later he caught a touchdown catch. So did some great things. And another no other thing is Carson Cooney, linebacker going to Iowa. They actually put him in an offense a little bit. Did a little wildcat with a six foot three, two and twenty five pounds you know kid coming straight at you. I mean it was kind of like, all right, it was pretty obvious what they were doing. They're just gonna put the ball in his hands and he's just gonna go right right at him. But you know, a good win for Usuego. I think they were a little upset because they felt like they really only gave two really good quarters. So it's one of those games that they were happy to get the win. But I feel like they're motivated to kind of show, you know, that there may be a better team than they show, because I don't think they're very happy with how they played in the first half. I mean it was, you know, last Friday was weird because with the win and everything. I think some teams were maybe affected by it, some passing games a little bit. I don't know, did you noticed anything from that. I mean, those were pretty wild conditions.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was definitely crazy. I mean even in Wheaton, where it was it wasn't supposed to be as effective. You know, you could really tell that the wind was blowing. I know it. One specific play showed up for me on a Wheaten north punt. I believe it was their own thirteen yard line or with somewhere within their own fifteen or their own fifteen yard line, somewhere in that range. The punter kicked the ball, it landed on their forty yard line, and it did not stop rolling until it reached the Batavia's thirteen yard line. So that wind was moving that ball so much, and I mean it affected, you know, play a whole lot for both sides. But I mean that wind was crazy everywhere in the state.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it was. It was.
Speaker 2: That was one of the wind your nights. I mean, that was definitely me. We take postgame reports and I made sure to go to my car for that one because nobody was going to know what the heck I was talking about and to win. So so yeah, kind of kind of a crazy night before we look at to the week six games. Another really nice win last Friday, talking about Nazareth beating joy to Katholic the final interesting final though, is only sixteen to thirteen. I mean Nazareth is a team that that I'm kind of growing accustomed to them really playing some really high scoring games, but winning with defense and holding to thirteen points.
Speaker 5: I mean, they really.
Speaker 2: Got kind of lit up by Mount Carmel a few weeks ago, their defense did, and and the fact that they're able to to hold joy A Catholic to thirteen points, I mean that pretty good side for Nazareth. I mean they're a team that I know they can score points with Logan Malichick and the guys that he has disposed. But if their defense can play like that, you know, that's a really good sign going forward. So a good win for Nazareth. Any other games from week five or any other wins that that you were kind of struck like, yeah, you know that was a good win for a team.
Speaker 5: Hey, football fans, listen up. I'm top there and I drive a Hawk. I got it from my friends at Hawk Folkswagen. So drive what I drive.
Speaker 2: Drive a Hawk off Volkswagon on Jefferson Street in Joiet or online at HAWKVW dot com.
Speaker 1: Be the hass clothing brand based right here in Chicago, Land that specializes in custom apparel. So if you need your logo on team apparel, hoss co is the place to go. Visit bethehas dot com and use code Friday Night for twenty percent off your order. They have it all.
Speaker 6: I think a lot of the big ones, I mean, one one that kind of stood out for me was another team that we're gonna be talking about later, Geneva versus glen Bard North. That game. That game actually got off to a shocking start, with Glenbard North taking a nine tohing lead into the second quarter. I mean It took me for a surprise when I looked down at Max Straps and saw that result. I was like, what's going on? But then, of course, you know, Geneva picked it up a little bit with thirty eight points to glenn bard North's three to end or throughout the second and third quarter, and you know, IT'SOK a little bit for them to get back on track, but you know, Genevas showed that there's still the expulsive offense that we have known to colum throughout this year.
Speaker 2: And that leads us into Week six, and man, there are some doozy games this week in our area that I'm looking forward to. I mean, none bigger than the game that you're going to be at on Friday. Geneva Batavia. I believe it's a one hundred and sixth edition of the rivalry. I mean, my goodness, that is a long rivalry. It's pretty good football there, but Tavia has really dominated that rivalry of Wight. I believe they won the last thirteen games. I think I was at the game last year. There's been some really one sided games in the last decade, but Geneva I feel like they've they're they're closing the gap and closing the gap and closing the gap. And it was a very competitive game last year, a game that went into the fourth quarter, a game the talent tailor, if I'm not mistaken, he was hurting that he got injured in that game and he missed a significant amount of time. Afterwards, he's obviously back. Now, you know, you've been able to kind of get a sense to both of these teams. What do you make of that that game on Friday.
Speaker 6: It's laying simple. It's going to be one giant chess match throughout the entire game. I mean, you've got an explosive offense on Geneva that you know takes or has drives that last probably no longer than six plays and most of the time and finds the end zone very consistently. And then you've got a Batavia defense, which like we've mentioned, is probably one of the best that we've seen from the TV and years, that can stop plays and makes offenses shiver pretty much any time they take the field. I mean, it's going to be so fun to watch and see what each team has planned in order to make sure that they can get around that other extremity on the other side. I mean, I talked to the coach, Dennis Pieron about the game. He said that this has a chance to be one of the best games ever played in the area. And you know, I talked to Boone Thorgenson as well, and he knows that. You know, that defense is going to be something that you know they need to play around. But either way, it's gonna be such a fun game to watch. Whichever team or whichever team you are rooting for, it's gonna be fun to watch. Obviously, it's one of the greatest games in the area. You know, both teams or both teams have you know, their fans go out to that game. Potatia has the big advantage so far throughout this decade. Like you mentioned, they've won thirteen straight. They're looking for fourteen, and they're looking to actually tie this series or the overall series in the next couple of years. They're current Geneva currently has the overall league fifty five. But you know, thanks to that giant win streak that Patavia is on right now, you know, if they get wins in the next two they can tie up the series at fifty one wins a piece. But this is probably one of the best chances that Geneva has to breaking that win streak or from Dennis Piron.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's definitely.
Speaker 6: I'm just really excited.
Speaker 2: It's definitely a series that's had its ebbs and flows over the year. I mean, there was a time where Geneva had the upper hand. Obviously Batavia has, especially since coach Piron took over.
Speaker 5: But this match, one of the things.
Speaker 2: That strikes me is that Geneva seems like, you know, they're a high flying offense. They really you know, can score a lot of points. I mean, their quarterback, Tony Chaino, he's on it. To me, he's been a revelation. I mean because we were really wondering about their their quarterback position come in the year and he's answered, you know, all comers and they have a lot of talent. I'm wondering if Batavia is going to try to play you know, the ball control game, running the ball. You know, sometimes when I when I when I really high power passing type offense is not on the field for a long period of time, you know, sometimes they kind of get out of sync just because they're not touching the ball.
Speaker 5: So I'm wondering if that sort.
Speaker 2: Of game plan a Batavia or Batavia that we're gonna play a really good defense, we're gonna run a ball. Basically, we're what we're gonna be doing. What we're doing really really well in the first five weeks of this season. So it's an interesting chess match.
Speaker 5: I agree.
Speaker 2: And on the other side, I mean, I'm sure Talon Taylor. I mentioned he was hurting that last game and he really did not have a great game against Batavia last year. I'm sure he wants to really go and show out. I mean, because this is like, I mean, next year he's gonna be in Georgia, Alabama. Well, this is Georgia Alabama in Kane County, so when when these teams get together. So I'm very interested to see the impact that he has on this game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, definitely. I mean, he has momentum on his side as well. He just became Todiva's school record holder for the most receiving touchdowns in a career with twenty six. He broke that last week when he got his first touchdown and then his second and then his third. He's had three three touchdown games so far this season. I have not seen one of them, so I think that might be a me thing. But we never know. But I mean, either way, we know how explosive Geneva's Austens can be whether they're using talent Taylor or not. So if he's going to be used in this game or if he's going to be double teamed, I'm sure we can expect to see explosive plays no matter what happens. And you know, like I said, this is going to be a super fun game to watch, and I'm so happy I'm going to be there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, you're gonna be It's gonna be a treat. All I'm going to say is just arrive. Arrive early, please, I mean tailgate, bring it, bring a grill, you know, have a hamburger, stay there for a while. Definitely get there early because man, Parking is gonna be at a premium uh Friday night, a game that I'm gonna be at that I'm probably gonna want to get there early as well. Downs Go North at York match another matchup five and oh five and oh and West Suburban Silver. There's actually three teams left in the West Sbourbon Silver. Undefeated Lions Township is the other one, and and so the next few weeks those three teams are gonna kind of really converge and really determine that league. But but man, Downers Go North as just I mean, they have just not they have not been tested so far. We'll just put it that way. And part of that is is to their credit, they've outscored opponents by a combined two and eight to fourteen.
Speaker 5: They've just been great so far. I mean, I think their quarterback.
Speaker 2: Owen Lance, who going to Minnesota, He's probably played like a half in each game. Their their defense has been tremendous. But I'm interested to see this. This has been a test because I've said it before this podcast. At York the last couple of years has kind of emerged. It's kind of like the new power in that conference, kind of taking it away from Glenbard West, although they did share the title last year. Now I think maybe its Downers Go North's turn. I mean, they got the quarterback, they got the great defense, you know. But but we'll see. I'm not gonna take it away from York. I like York's quarterback Bruno Masso a lot. Their defense is good, they got a good running back and Henry Duda. It's gonna be a fourth quarter game. I think I'm I'm really really looking forward to that one. I've got a chance to see York already this year. Haven't got a chance to see Downers go North live yet. I honestly, I don't think I've seen Owen Lanceu live in the game. And really no, I take that back. I saw him be Gwebard West last year. That was a big moment. But but really looking forward to seeing him. He's one of the best quarterbacks in the state of Junior. That should be a fun one. Looking forward to that one.
Speaker 6: Ye, I need, like you mentioned, so that'll have five to oh teams, and you know, with great quarterbacks and great defenses on both sides, I mean, it's gonna be super interesting to see who's gonna come out on top, who's going to have the better defense, and who's gonna have the better quarterback play or just offense for general. And you know, like you mentioned, this is probably gonna discuss or this is probably gonna be one of the games that decides who's gonna win that conference. And you know, anytime or anytime there's a game that determined the conference, it's going to be a super fun game to watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm always interesting, you know, a team like Downers Go North that we're five games in the season and they just really have just flattened every team they played. I mean, how are they going to do when they're in a fourth quarter game on the road at a team like York? Are they just going to continue to roll? And maybe they're maybe they're a notch better than what I thought they were going in the season, because they were pretty darn good last year they got to the seven eight state championship game. But so far they're looking like a team that might be at least as good as that team last year. But but but yeah, this will be a nice one down to go North of York. I'm gonna be out there on Friday. Another game actually in Elmhurst as well. I do believe Saint franc Is playing Icy Catholic. This is a really big one. These are two teams that have been mainstays in the playoffs. They've made deep runs in the playoffs. I mean, you know, Icy Catholic, they won a few stay titles. Saint Francis, it's got deep in the playoffs. But right now Saint Francis sitting three and two. Icy Catholic is sitting two and three, and in that Chicago Catholic League, you know, there's some tough games down the road.
Speaker 5: This is a game that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I hate to call it a playoff game in the week six, but it's pretty close to a playoff game for these two teams. You know, what do you think about this one?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think this is a must win game for both programs. I mean, obviously you talked about it. Saint Francis they start off the season three and now, but of course that blowout that last lost the Providence Catholic last week and then kind of the blowout lost to Saint Rita thirty one to thirteen. You know, it's kind of slowed down the momentum for the Spartans and if they want to get that confidence back, especially as they head into the latter half of the season, this is a must win game for them, especially if they want to have a chance, you know, lay it down the line and gets a team like Nazareth and I mean for Icye Catholic, I mean, it's just been kind of been there, say, I mean three straight losses that sicp Nazareth and Maris are obviously not the best thing, and they're definitely gonna need to get this win if they want to continue or if they want to try and get that into the playoffs this year. So overall, I think this is a must wing team or must win game for both teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I see Catholic they're gonna be one of those teams that if they stinking at four and five, they're going to be that sixteen seed that everyone seed is like, oh crap, we have them in the first round. I mean, they're gonna be the four and five team that nobody wants seed, similar to you know, Nazareth. I believe it was last year when they played Prairie Ridge in the first round. It was like, oh god, they're the They're the team that we have facing the first round. But first they have to get there. I mean, you know, I mean even after this week, they got Marmion left, that's no pushover. They got Saint Yer left, they're good. Saint Rita is really good. And then you look at Saint Francis. They still have DePaul Prepp who's four and one. They got Nazareth waiting for them in week nine. So yep, both of these teams I think they definitely want to they definitely want to get a win this week, and and on top of it, it's a huge rivalry, you know, going back a few different leagues. They've been in a few different leagues the last several years, but but they continue to to to uh to.
Speaker 5: Be big rivals.
Speaker 2: So you know, looking forward to that one, it should be a fun game, should be a game that goes down to the wire.
Speaker 5: I would expect.
Speaker 2: Another game that I'm just gonna say, this is probably gonna be a playoff game in Week six in the West Suburb and Silver, I know the big one that I'm gonna be on on Friday night, but on Saturday afternoon. Gwenbard West, who got their first win last week to one and four against Lyden, they play Hinsdale Central, who's two and three.
Speaker 5: Hinsdale Central is.
Speaker 2: A team that they've kind of hung around against some really good teams. I mean, they were within a touchdown against York, they were within a touchdown against Lions Township. They played in Apriville Central pretty tough. They beat Bowling Brook. They've been close, they just haven't quite been able to punch through. But they're two and three. Glenbard West is one and four. I think either of these teams can somehow get to four and five. They're in a decent chance to be one of those four and five teams. But first you got to get to those four wins, and one of them's two and three and the other one's one and four. They need to have this win on Saturday. I mean, this is sort of a this is sort of an early playoff game for both of those teams.
Speaker 6: Yeah, definitely. I mean, obviously Glenbard westein that's sixty three nothing win against Lydon next week. It was definitely a huge momentum booster, especially after you know, four straight losses to start the season. But I mean, Hinsdale Central, it's gonna be a big game for them because, I mean, after that they face pro Visia West and oak Park and oak Park's no pushover and we saw that. But I think it's gonna be a big win for them, just to make sure that they get to at least five wins because they got down North at the end of it, and you know, we mentioned four and five. It's four and five. It's still no guarantee that you know, you can make it into the playoffs. So getting to five win threshold is gonna be huge for Hinsdale Central and if they get that this week, or if they get this win this week, it proves or it gets them a pretty smooth sailing through five wins, or at least I would hope, But I mean Glenbard West, We've been talking about it all year. This is such a huge stretch for them over these next five weeks. Obviously, they got that win against her that when agains Lighten helps jump start that start or that big start that they need. But I think it win against in Sales Central is going to be so necessary in order for them to make their case to make into the playoffs this year.
Speaker 2: Another big game in the sort of the northwest area of Illinois. I'm not really even sure. I've never been there. Richmond Burton Sandwich is playing at Richmond Burton in the kr SEE A very interesting matchup. Richmond Burton's really been the class of that league for the last several years. With Sandwich, after an zero to two start, they're really coming on. They've they've won three in a row. They're getting that defense together, they got that wing team really humming with multiple running backs. That that is going to be a game that could very well decide that league. I'm really going to be keeping an eye on what's going on in Richmond Burton. I mean definitely want to keep an eye on that that that's a big game for Sandwich.
Speaker 5: A lot of good games on Friday.
Speaker 2: We didn't even talk about Wheaton warn Those Outs is playing Wheaton North. Saint Charles North is playing Saint Charles East Joe. Before we get out of here, just your thoughts going to Week six. It's gonna be a lot of fun.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 6: It's the rivalry week and this this week is going to be so fun to watch throughout the entire area. And I'm so excited to see how some of these games are played out on Friday or Saturday for your case as well. But it's going to be so fun to watch all around the league, and you definitely want to tune in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely will reminder everybody that I'll be back here tomorrow. I'm gonna be taping with with Steve Stuci as we do a look at the week six around the state, and then Steve matt Rowl will be here on Friday night from nine thirty to eleven for our Friday Night live live stream with you know scores, highwlights, game reports hopefully from a not a very windy Friday night and uh and they're kind of breakdowns, so you definitely want to stay tuned again before we get out of here.
Speaker 5: My name is Josh Wellge with Joe Benetts. Uh, Joe Bennetts, thank you for joining us. Good Tuesday evening.
Speaker 3: Do you ever wonder where the profits go when you shop at a big box store? Hi, this is Patty from Oliver's Corner Market. When you shop at Oliver's, you can rest assured that the profits stay local, supporting other local businesses and charities. Find us at the Corner Britt and Bradshaw and Dixon.
Speaker 7: My property taxes have gone through the roof. I spend more and get less every time I go to the grocery store. Democrats in Springfields keep telling me that inflation is due to greed instead of out of control spending, and that high property taxes are the price we pay for good schools, not because of unfunded mandates. Democrats have run this state for years, and all we have to show for it is higher taxes and less money in our wallets. This year, I'm voting to throw out my Democratic state rep I'm voting Republican
Speaker 4: Paid for by citizens to alect Stephen Reich.