Speaker 1: I've never seen anything like it. It's really hard to explain or put a word on it. But they were just fearing for their lives and then they decided to flee. These other words spoken from a young man when asked why his family suddenly fled their home in Australia, and they are words of utter confusion. Ladies, gentlemen, Vays and dams, welcome to the fifth episode of the third annual Halloween Week with Wicked and Grim. My name is Jacko and it is my duty to be your master of ceremonies for the remaining three days now. Running in fear is not a new concept for the human race. No. In fact, it is a tactic that is instilled very deep in the blood of your ancestors. In the midst of fear, it has evolved into an almost reflex for humans to run and flee. The only problem is in the case today, the Trump family were running in fear, but they had no idea what it was they were running from or being so fearful of. Ladies and gentlemen, theys and thems. Let me pass you to your ever so distinctinguished hosts Ben and Nicole for the full details.
Speaker 2: How is this already Episode five.
Speaker 3: I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Time is flying.
Speaker 3: Time flies when you're having fun too, che I.
Speaker 2: Mean, Halloween week is pretty much the best time of year, so of course it's going to go by it pretty quick. Yeah, it's just Halloween. How is it that? That's pretty much all that's on my mind right now. I don't really have anything else that's talk about. I was just like, Halloween's like, really, it's almost here. But I do want to say I got the final piece to my Halloween costume today.
Speaker 1: You did.
Speaker 3: I am pumped that you actually were able to find it.
Speaker 2: And it looks phenomenal, phenomenal. WHOA, Sure, I look exactly like what I'm trying, but you're supposed to exactly like. I mean, like if I were standing next to the thing I'm dressing up as, and then it's me dressed up, you wouldn't be able to all the difference.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, I am. I still need to get one thing, but I have some time because it won't be hard to find, No, it won't.
Speaker 2: It'll be super easy for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am just need to show it out that I am drinking a margarita and this is just like a pre mixed margarita that you can buy from the store, and it's actually like fan freakin.
Speaker 2: Pastic, but not as good as a margarita that I make right now, because I make damn good margarita.
Speaker 3: You do.
Speaker 2: I've said it before and I'll say it again. The key to a good margarita is minute made limeade mix.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it. Well, yeah, because you can buy that other like frozen concentrate. That's specific for margarita. It's shit, It's really shitty, terrible. Just get limeade and limaid is like way cheaper too, mm.
Speaker 2: Hm, way cheaper and way better. Yeah. I have had a couple people actually send us pictures of not drinking margarita's. We have gotten a margarita picture because we asked for that early on, but we have had people sending us pictures of drinks, being like, hey, I'm at work, you can't drink that, or I don't drink or this is my drinking choice. That's totally cool. We have some photos being sent in, so I'm stoked to post some of those.
Speaker 3: Okay, I where have I been because I haven't well, I guess I know. I've been at a wedding.
Speaker 2: So today anyway, Well, you've been I've been kind of taking care of the social media at least few days.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I've been a little swamped.
Speaker 2: I think most of them are coming in from like being tagged or stories people putting.
Speaker 3: In Hey okay, very cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I've been taking screenshots.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, I mean, just have a bevery bevy. It could be a hot chocolate, it could be a tea, it could be coffee, it could be lemonade.
Speaker 2: Could be margarita.
Speaker 3: Yeah, whatever you want, whatever floats your boat around here.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Just on Halloween, that'll be the last day. We're gonna be taking photos of pictures of people who are tagging us in their drink picks, and we're gonna post in a colage. So make sure you get us tagged in your Instagram pic.
Speaker 3: That's super fun with your drink. Yeah, that's super fun.
Speaker 2: Super fun, super fun.
Speaker 3: It's super funny. Wow, that was just me not thinking going.
Speaker 2: I just stopped to see where you were going to go because.
Speaker 3: That was funny. Where would you have gone?
Speaker 2: I don't know, because I was like, it's funny. It doesn't really work, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, at least I said I had something.
Speaker 2: Touche touche points for doing it, committing. I committed, you did, So you're ready for this case today?
Speaker 3: Actually yes, because we don't actually go over to Australia very often. We don't, so I'm pumped.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so we're gonna go over there today in the story, not physically. I wish we could go.
Speaker 3: Over the Oh yeah, that would be amazing.
Speaker 2: Isn't there This might be speaking out of ignorance, but isn't there summer like in our winter months, So it's like swapped the seasons.
Speaker 3: I'm not one hundred percent sure, but I think so.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: But then they don't get like as harsh as winters as us.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, they don't mean who does bucket? They're they're like they're warmer days, their sunny days. They're long days. It's like it's win ours or shit. So now that ours is days are getting short and it's getting cold, like minus thirteen celsius this morning. I could use some Australian warmth in my life right now.
Speaker 3: I know my prompt right now for like my photo sessions, because it's freezing out. I'm like, just imagine you're on the beach. I'll postly warm, and everyone's like, oh, I wish.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what it's like to live in Canada for about like, I don't know, great nine months of the year. Oh yeah, definitely.
Speaker 3: No, No, it's not cold nine months of the year.
Speaker 2: Well no, but you're wishing you were somewhere warmer for nine months of the year.
Speaker 3: Wishing that you were someone somewhere else for nine months of the year when you live in Canada. That actually sounds terrible.
Speaker 2: Just warmer, Okay, that's all I said. I'm not saying somewhere else, just warmer or wishing it was warmer here, you know, not just slandrizing, slanderizing a word it is now, I'm not slanderizing Canada.
Speaker 3: Slandering I don't know. Anyway, let's let's rock and roll here.
Speaker 2: Let's do it. This case has been on my radar for quite some time, and I wasn't quite sure how to approach it because it's very different. But Halloween week is the perfect time for it because there's not really a crime that occurs per se. It's just very strange, very bizarre and kind of creepy.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, so interesting.
Speaker 2: With that being said, this is the story of the Trump family and how they fled their home.
Speaker 3: The Trump family Trump t r M p Okay okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: So by all accounts, this whole family, like the Trump family, they're they're a normal family, right. It's just like, you know, your average, everyday, hard working type people. The father, Mark was fifty one years old. The mother, Jacoba or Kobe sorry I'm Cody as she was called, was fifty three. Together they ran a successful red current farm, like the red current berries. Okay, So they ran a successful red current farm on their eighteen acre property.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 2: So they had three children together, Rihanna who's twenty nine, Mitchell who was twenty five, and Ella who was twenty two. All three of these children of theirs work together hard, mind you, on their family farm together on the farm that was called Parkview Farm. And their property and where they lived was in Sylvan, which was just in the outskirts of the Victorian capital Melbourne, in of course Australia. Okay, just kind of your you know, your blue collar, hardworking family.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm impressed that all three kids wanted to continue working on the farm because I feel like sometimes when you're brought up with like a family business. When you're of age, you're like, f that, I don't want to work for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, you want to go do your own thing, which I can coluely respect.
Speaker 3: I can told like, I'm not bashing that at any means, but I'm honestly also impressed that all three of them are still involved's that's impressive.
Speaker 2: Yeah to touche, But yeah, they were all there. They all were described by neighbors as workaholics and devoted to the farm. And Nicole just downed her mark Ry.
Speaker 3: Well, no, I just actually spilt my margarita all over myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it was bottom up, like the bottom of that cup was facing the ceiling. Make it's down the mice.
Speaker 3: I can't really even drink it anyway. Sorry, what did you just say?
Speaker 2: You downed your market? Right before that, the neighbors described the family as workaholics and devoted to the farm.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I like a good workaholic.
Speaker 2: Kay. So their lives went on each day with hard work, and on Monday, August twenty ninth of twenty sixteen, it should have been a day just like that, hard work, just like any other day, by all accounts, but it wasn't. A day just like any other day. Instead, it was a day that seemed to be filled with panic, fear, and absolute paranoia. The entire family inexplicably left their farm when little warning, got into their car and headed north. So family members of the Trumps generally were you know, easily able to get a hold of the family, the parents however, you know, with this being much of a different day, they tried phoning, messaging, there was no answer, and they quickly became worried about not being able to contact them, and they phoned the police for a wellness check the day after.
Speaker 3: Okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: So the authorities would arrive on the Trump property to look into, you know, the wellness check and what's going on. And when they got there, it appeared as though the family left in an absolute hurry, almost like they were running from something or potentially someone.
Speaker 3: Shit.
Speaker 2: So in the mess of the home, police were able to surmise that it seemed like they were looking for something inside their files or their financial records. So, mind you, they own this business, right, so I'm assuming they got quite a bit of records and papers, right. A lot of these papers were found spread out in inside the home rather neatly, mind you, in like little piles here and there, almost like it's being pulled out of folders and kind of sorted through.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's kind of like they're trying to find like maybe a particular document or something like that.
Speaker 3: It seemed like, maybe, huh, okay, that's really bizarre.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this wasn't all though. It seemed like the family, for whatever reason, had left behind some valuables, which indicated to authorities that they did in fact leave in a hurry. The valuables they did leave behind were passports, credit cards, and cell phones, all of these which were still in the home, and things like this are they're generally not what people leave behind if they're like yeah, kind of up and leave, Like if you're trying to get away from someone or something, usually you're going to have a passport to try and maybe get on a flight, leave the country. You're gonna want a credit card because you can need money to get somewhere, buy things a hotel, room, food, whatever, cell phone for communication, right.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I feel like the most bizarre one out of that is your cell phone.
Speaker 2: Not because of these items being left behind, it also seemed like they were wanted to wanting to be untraceable. Okay, no cell phone towers means no cell phone pings. No credit cards means no payment records to be traced back on, you know, especially if they are going on a cash only trip. You know they can just pay cash, no paper trips.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did these or oh this might be jumping ahead, but did these their kids like have spouses of sorts?
Speaker 2: As far as I'm aware, No.
Speaker 3: They didn't.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, so pretty much the authorities were left just dumbfouted scratching their heads at this point. The family members were, of course concerns for the loved ones and their safety, but they too were just left stump without any indication of what happened. They were just like what the fuck? Except there was one thing they realized that would help them out. Not all the cell phones were missing. Sorry, we're at home.
Speaker 3: One of them was missing, Okay, see because my thought right now, for some reasons, I'm going with like that they were taken. But keep going, because I'm like, I'm really intrigued here.
Speaker 2: One of the family vehicles was gone as well, so it seemed like they took that family vehicle.
Speaker 3: Okay, and one person's cell phone was gone.
Speaker 2: One person's cell phone was missing. Okay, So meanwhile, the day before the police arrived at the home, we're going to start looking at this from the family's point of view. Here, the family up and left the home. They hit the road. They were not taken. They willingly left in their family vehicle and for the Trumps had started leaving the house in a hurry, exactly as it seemed. They hit the road and they were driving north to New South Wales. There was a bit of a problem. This wasn't just a road trip. They were fleeing. They were running. They weren't just like, hey, let's just up and leave and forgot some stuff. No, they were running from something. But they didn't exactly know what they were running from or why. All they knew is that they had a strong feeling that someone was watching them or even possibly coming for them.
Speaker 3: So the family themselves didn't exactly know what they were running from. You mean, correct, what the shit?
Speaker 2: Correct? What? So now they're on the road with fear chasing them as they drove, and it was only about thirty two kilometers into the trip that Mitchell's cell phone would be discovered in the family car and was subsequently hurled out the window, where police would find it on the side of the road.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Yep. So Mitchell was the middle child, the son of the family, and he was least convinced of any of this paranoia or fear that was kind of shrouding over the remainder of the family like a heavy dark cloud sort of situation. He wasn't concerned of anyone tracking them via his cell phone signal, but unfortunately the other members of the family disagreed, so out the window his phone goes. Now the next day, Tuesday, August thirtieth, Mitchell decided he had enough. He's like, I don't know what we're running from. I don't know what's going on here. And when the family reached Bathurst in New South Wales at around seven am, he decided to abandon the frenzy and escape the road trip and head back home. So he left his family to head back home at seven am.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, this is wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is just getting started.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like a big deal just to like up and leave. Yeah, like it would have to be pretty big.
Speaker 2: Well, think of it this way, in my opinion, like your family, clearly your close knit. Right, you're working together day in day out on this family business, like you guys are. You have to be together in some way, shape or form, even if you don't necessarily get along, there has to be some sort of relationship there where you guys are close.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, and now at this point at the east, some of your family is terrified of something that there's up and running and everyone's calling or hauling in the car together, and you make the decision, Fuck it, I'm not running. You guys go ahead and run if you want, but I'm heading back home.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't mean necessarily him, but I mean, like them all just leaving. But yeah, maybe he's like the black sheep of the family.
Speaker 2: Who knows. Now. Without Mitchell in tow, the family continued their road trip to escape who knows what. A short time later and the rest of the family would arrive. And I'm going to try and say this right Jenolan Caves, which is a popular popular tourist attraction in the area near the Blue Mountains. The two sisters, Ella and Rihanna, presumably unable to convince their parents to end the apparent escape as well, decided to follow their brother's action and head back home too.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Yes. So now the two girls on their own, they came up with a plan of action to get themselves back home. Now I'm not having a family vehicle. They decided to steal a car together, okay, in which they did, and then hit the road and made it to a town just south of Goldburn.
Speaker 3: I thought you were going to say there were hitchhiking, which was going to alarm me more, which I don't know.
Speaker 2: They just straight up stole a vehicle. That's just grand theft auto right there, that is.
Speaker 3: But also hitchhiking is terrifying too. But I was going to say it's not illegal, but actually I think it might be illegal. I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I think it's illegal in most places nowadays. Yeah, yeah, but yeah, here in Goldburn, for an unknown reason, the two girls went their separate ways in this town. So now we have the sun out on his own, the two girls out on their own, and the parents now together. So we have four separate parties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the family's just completely divided.
Speaker 2: Yes. So Ella continued to drive the stolen car back where she would be the first one to arrive back home, and she found herself face to face with some very concerned and confused officers at their farm. I can't imagine how that conversation would have gone.
Speaker 3: Wait, you just roll up in the stolen vehicle.
Speaker 2: Hey, Yeah, what's up? Hey? What's up? My parents fled and are terrified. I stole a car, came back home. My siblings are somewhere on the road. I have no idea where. Oh when you're looking for us because we're apparently missing. Hi.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I don't really know actually why we fled? Yeah, how can I help you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That's honestly, that's pretty much what happened though. Wow, when she arrived, that's basically what what happened. The police are like, what's going on? What do you say that? That's it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I don't even actually know how you would handle that, like them getting that response, you know, like it doesn't make any sense the officers. Yeah, you would wonder if if like she's okay, because it just makes zero sense.
Speaker 2: What do you mean if she's okay? I want you to expand on that, well, because there's something to that.
Speaker 3: Like is she is she mentally okay? Or is she kind of hiding something because she's scared?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Fair enough would be my two thoughts.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, Well, mental stability and capacity and health is all a very big, big topic on this case. Oh okay, very much so, so keep that in mind as we continue.
Speaker 3: Forward, which is actually very alarming. Well, I mean, I'm gonna we'll hear more about it, but gosh, if the parents were mentally unstable and then they went about just fleeing their life, that's terrifle.
Speaker 2: Well it's not like they're like mentally and well, I don't know, it depends what you mean by unstable, but it's just mental health is a very big thing with this case. It's just clearly something is going on. And yeah, huh. Anyways, the other sister though, the one who is not at home, so Rihanna, on the other hand, she was found later that same afternoon. She was found in the back seat of a stranger's vehicle. Apparently she attempted to be a stowaway in someone's vehicle and hitch a ride somewhere, so when the driver wasn't looking, or whether she broke into the vehicle, that's unclear, but she crawled in at some point and the driver was manned by the name of excuse me, Keith Whittaker now he was driving mining his own business when suddenly he felt a kick on the back of his seat. And I have a quote directly from Keith here quote. I turned around and saw two legs stretched across my back seat, between my seat and the floor. She was lying on the floor. I got an extreme shock. Yeah, rightfully, someone's just sitting there, chilling, laying on the floor of your vehicle. What the fuck?
Speaker 3: I'd be like, the fuck? Yeah, you do one.
Speaker 2: So as if this case basically can't get odd enough. When this man found Rihanna, he described her as quote, catatonic. He asked her if she was okay, and she said, no, okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: What do you mean exactly by that? Like, what what do you mean by catatonic?
Speaker 2: Catatonic is just kind of like just blank, just nothing.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, yeah, so kind of like almost empty ish.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay. So he's like, do you need help? Are you okay? It's just like, no, I don't need help, just chilling in the back seat of his fucking vehicle, which.
Speaker 3: Is even more alarming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was on Because of her catatonic state, she was unable to provide any personal details or identify who or where she was Keith called the authorities, informed them of what just happened with this strange girl appearing in the backseat of his fucking vehicle, and then of course authorities came and they took Rihanna to Goldburn Hospital where she was treated for stress related issues.
Speaker 3: Huh okay.
Speaker 2: On Wednesday, August thirty first, first, Mitchell arrived at home via train, so just like a sister. When he made it home, he was met with a barrage of police and questions, and of course news by this time was really spreading around, so they're asking him what's going on, what's happening? Where were you were your parents? And he's like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is just like mind blowing to them. This is probably such a new concept that they've never even grasped like they do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so bizarre. Yeah. He tried to give all the information he could, like where his parents were when he left, where they were headed sort of thing, but there just wasn't much to go on. And I do have a quote from him. It's the same quote actually that Jacko using the intro, but I'll put it here as well because I do feel it's a good quote and important so quote. I've never seen anything like it. It's really hard to explain or put in put a word on it. But they were just fearing for their lives and then they decided to flee.
Speaker 3: So it's mostly just the parents then fully that, and they're trying. They were so worried. They're like, we got to take our kids and stuff, and the kids aren't buying what they're exactly fleeing from.
Speaker 2: It seems like it was primarily the parents. The daughters I think had some paranoia in them as well. Mitchell not so much. It seems like he just kind of like went along with it, like what's going on, Like okay, like we're fleeing, sure from what what's happening? And then he's like, this is I can't do this. This is just bizarre.
Speaker 3: But it obviously can't be from the house. It's itself really if all of them kind of went back there, you know, Yeah.
Speaker 2: We'll touch on a theory later, Okay. So police would of course make the way to search the Jenolan Caves, the area where Mark and Jacoba were last noted to be. Of course, with their paranoia and someone following them, they hadn't stayed at the caves. Very long, they two turned around and headed back south again, actually making their way about halfway home to the town of Wanjarretta genjarreda sorry terrible at pronunciation when jarreda. From there, they too became separated from one another, and it isn't clear how or why what The so Jacoba traveled alone north to Yas on public transport while Mark remained behind with the vehicle. A young couple in the area actually experienced and reported a rather interesting slash some say disturbing incident that night. Allegedly, they were being tailgated with a man in a silver station wagon on the highway, the same family vehicle that was described for them to own, and they were being tailgated so close that they couldn't even see the headlights in their rearview mirror at the vehicle behind them.
Speaker 3: Fricking tailgating pisses me on, Yeah, I get just raged when someone tailgates me.
Speaker 2: Well, they were not too happy either. They were confused on what the hell's going on, so they eventually stopped their vehicle and the driver of the vehicle behind them, the silver vehicle, got out of their car and ran up towards their vehicle.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh.
Speaker 2: Then he suddenly suddenly just stopped in the middle of the street, stared directly at them for a minute, and then ran off into a park nearby, a park called Mirwa Park, leaving the vehicle abandoned. What so it was the family vehicle and it is theorized that this of course was Mark.
Speaker 3: Okay, so they actually found this vehicle abandoned.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he was driving it at this incident and then just ran off into the park. Oh, leaving the vehicle behind.
Speaker 3: I would actually shit myself a little bit if.
Speaker 2: Someone just runs upstairs at you and then darts off in the park.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't think I would ever be okay after that.
Speaker 2: Nope. That's kind of like nightmare fuel. Yeah yeah. Yeah. On Thursday, September one, Jacoba was found by a passerby who spotted her wandering around the town in an agitated state, more than two hundred and forty kilometers from where she was last seen, and was taken to a hospital in Yas for stress related health issues.
Speaker 3: Which was the same was what her daughter was taken in for.
Speaker 2: Yes, correct now. Sergeant Mark Knight of the police department said that doctors at the hospital had assessed her and her mental health was quote wasn't of a good standard, and Sergeant Knight also referred to the case as the most bizarre thing he'd come across in three decades of policing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't say.
Speaker 2: Rightfully, So it seems very bizarre to me.
Speaker 3: Uh huh, I'm like confused as shit right now. So I get that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so now Mitchell and uh, I've already forgot the two daughter's names, Rihanna and what was the other one again, Lakeisha?
Speaker 3: I don't know, I can't remember.
Speaker 2: Not Lakeisha, It's not what. But the other daughter has been found Ella.
Speaker 3: That was Ella. So that's pretty close to Lakeisha.
Speaker 2: Oh damn, near identical. You're like one letter off. But they are both safe at home. Rihanna and the mother are both hospitalized at this point, Okay, And the search for the father, Mark is pretty much the only piece that they need to get held down here. I was going to say the only piece left, but I mean there's a lot of pieces here because it's bizarre.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I should they find him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, the search for fifty one year old Mark was underway and there was sightings of him that are being getting to pop up in the area, like the one of him tailgating running off for example. And then they were also breaking and enters and theft reported that may have been believed to have been committed by Mark. One being in a motel that was like it was broken into someone slept it in it overnight. They believe it was Mark who did that. Okay, So it was on Saturday, September third that Mark would finally be found. He was located running along the street on the outskirts of Wangarata near the local airport that evening. Police picked him up and released him to a family member several hours later after questioning. Unfortunately, Mark wasn't able to provide much information to the authorities either, and as they drove away with the family member, he subsequently flipped off the waiting media for questioning.
Speaker 3: What yeah, and he was found just running down the road? Correct anything? Said, he doesn't need to give an explanation on anything.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, like he was talking to authorities. It's the media that he flipped off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but still like did not even have any explanation to them though.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean he doesn't. No one owes news anything.
Speaker 3: To the authorities.
Speaker 2: I mean, oh, he was talking to authorities.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you said he doesn't really know what the shit's going on, which is so confusing.
Speaker 2: Yeah he doesn't.
Speaker 3: Oh god, okay, Well, if he does know what's going on, who the fuck does?
Speaker 2: No one does. That's the point. No one fucking knows.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, my brain can't comprehend this case.
Speaker 2: He basically has this paranoia over being followed, as if someone was after him, his family or money.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, and he's the one fucking taliating people, so I don't get that.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, fair enough. But in a statement the following meet week, Mark had this to say, quote, and I do want to say this though. Some of the quotes I have here are pieced together quote, so it's not like a single paragraphed quote. It's kind of strung together different pieces that he said. Just heads up on that. So he said, quote without reservation. I apologize for the hurt and concern caused by these events on behalf of our family. I express deep gratitude to the Victoria and New South Wales police, as well as a healthcare professionals who looked after our physical and mental well being. More than anything, my family and I need time to rec cover and receive appropriate assistance, including mental health services. To this end, we request that the media organizations respect a request for privacy and without reservation. I apologize, sorry, I already read that part without reservation. I apologize for the hurt and concern caused by these events.
Speaker 3: Yeah, huh, okay, I'm shook right now. Like I have no idea what the fuck's going on.
Speaker 2: I can tell well, yeah, I can tell. Okay, trust me, I researched this. I have no idea what the fuck's going on. They went through it, they have no idea what the fuck's going on. There's literally no real answers that came out of this incident.
Speaker 3: My gosh, but what don't just a waste of like resources and money too with this?
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, but you still need to go in like help someone, like oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I'm not saying it's like but it's just so much money and stuff that and time and things and then and then it was everyone was found. But it's like, no one knows anything more. It's just weird. It's weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah. There were actually some reports that came out about those close to the family and the build up coming up to the big day of this event happening, reports of a little bit of paranoia in the months building up kind of came out. So whether there is much truth behind it or not, it's hard to say, especially because the family does has been like very private and wanting to keep it within themselves, So I totally understand that. But basically, everything did just get to a boiling point and the family just didn't know what they were running from or why. They just felt as though they needed to leave their home for their own safety.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know, oh man, I maybe shouldn't say this, but I almost just felt a feel in a sense too that it's like, because you said they were workaholics, right, yeah, just like burnout and possible, very possive, like they burnt themselves out and then they're just like in this delusional state of they don't know what's going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very possible. I mean there are some theories. I mean, it's there's no doubt that mental health plays a massive role in this case one way or another. And also, what else is the internet good for other in situations like this if not for coming up with theories? Now there aren't really I mean, there's not a lot of theories, but they do range from psychosis caused by chemicals used on their farm, oh boy, perhaps leaking into water supplies or something who knows, to suggesting that they were actually running from debt collectors. Okay, but both of these particular theories investigators did rule out.
Speaker 3: Okay, both of those made a lot of sense to me, though, Yes, I was looking for them to be one of them.
Speaker 2: No, they both have apparently been ruled out by authorities. So yeah, it yeah, that's about it.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 2: Now, there is kind of another theory. It's not really a theory, it's more of a health thing. I guess if you could say, there's a condition known as fully de duh fully a duh, which is madness of two in which people in a close knit relationship experience a shared psychosis essentially when they feed off one another's like psychosis, paranoia, stress, it builds up tension from one another to the other. So just building this and snowballing and like, you know, like one person's like say, for example, I think I hear footsteps down the hall, Nicole, did you hear that? Well, all of a sudden, you're listening for it. Oh, maybe I heard it. Too, and then now we're both terrified.
Speaker 3: Okay, I see, I've never heard of term of it, like the term that you said, but yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there is a theory that this is particularly the case of what happened with this psychosis building up spilling over from just not only the parents but to the kids. So again though we just don't know. Okay, I do want to talk about one thing really quick, because there was technically a crime that was committed within this. The two daughters did steal a vehicle, right so Ella was charged for allegedly stealing the vehicle and Rihanna was also charged for the vehicle as well, but charges were later dropped under the Australia's Mental Health Act and the vehicle owners understanding the distress of the situation with the family, so all charges in that regard were dropped.
Speaker 3: That's actually really good.
Speaker 2: It is definitely I do want to end this one off with a quote from the daughter, Ella, and it's something that she said during a press interview. It is very confusing. I still feel very confused. I think our state of minds wasn't in the best place. And yeah, I can't even really there's no one reason for it. It's bizarre.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 2: So those arms and ohs, that's even directly quoting, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, see, I actually, well I was going to say, so my thought was that they it was something that they were potentially like embarrassed about, right, so then they were like covering it up. But what you just said about how the paranoia can kind of be transferred to the family members and like this close knit situation makes like a lot of sense to me.
Speaker 2: It does, actually when you look on it and reflect on it, it does make a lot of sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But then also, I like because Ben and I are a little bit workaholics too, and there's been so much there's been times where I've just like had so much on my plate though that I'm just like I just want to run away, you know, I say that often. Yeah, But and it's like just want to like leave the situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But I so I think that it's a small potential. But I think what you said, without the paranoia, it makes the most sense.
Speaker 2: M I think a stress does get to a certain boiling point. I mean it's gonna be it's gonna be a couple of many things. I think, Like, I don't think stress alone would generally do that. I don't think depression alone would generally do that. I don't think paranoia alone. Yeah, I mean imagine, like you're running a business and a farm. I'm sure maybe even lack of sleep put in with the stress, put in with the.
Speaker 3: Depression causes paranoia.
Speaker 2: Maybe the family, like I said, you might not get along working that close knit together. Maybe there is some fights within the family that's been causing a little bit more stress. They still love each other, but maybe there's just these high tensions because maybe the marriage is struggling and one of the kids is I don't know, maybe they're I'm just gonna make up a situation here. Maybe the family is a Christian family and then one of the kids decides that they're not Christian, they don't want to believe in that faith anymore. That could cause a struggle within the family, which builds these tensions, builds these pressures and feed into whatever their mental health state was.
Speaker 3: And they probably didn't expect it to blow up kind of to the way it did night. I don't think so, where many people were looking for them, and like the press was involved in all this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, and I do want to paint one final little picture here, because it was just kind of a thought that came to my mind. What if they weren't even intending on running in fear. What if they were intending on saying, Hey, like, stresses and everything is so high, we just got to get away for the weekend, Like you say, just run away from the situation for a bit. Let's just go up to a park or something. Let's just grab some cash, leave the phones and stress all this shit behind, just go on a fucking family day trip or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then just under that, just panic started building and just oh my god, let's just fucking get to the car and like, oh my god, we got to get out here, leave your shit behind. And it just that alone boiled up into feeding off each other and not knowing what's going on and just building into a paranoia.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And then when they were out on the road and stuff, they were maybe arguing and not getting along. Hence why they kind of divided, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Very much so, because I mean they don't know, no one knows. So if two people are arguing over something that neither knows anything on, of course that's going to draw a line in the sand.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, why don't you just tell me? I don't know, why don't you just tell me? It's like, where are we going? I don't know where are we going? Yeah, that would cause a very stressful and very panic situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because say, if they were just like if it was some sort of like paranor pair. What am I trying to see it here?
Speaker 2: Paranormal?
Speaker 3: Yeah, incidence? Yeah, I don't know why that word left me for a minute. They would probably a not want to go back to their home and be say something about it.
Speaker 2: Correct. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So hm, wow, that is bizarre.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's the story of the Trump family and they don't even know why they fled their home.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm really glad that they're all safe and stuff. Yes, it could have ended it could have ended.
Speaker 2: A law worse, Oh very much. So in mental health situations like that generally, I mean, it's sad to say people have gone to the extremes of taking their own lives over paranoida like that.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, and lots of times two families will take the lives of their loved ones too, if they're like to the extent of that paranoid right.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. So wow, So yeah, that's a very interesting case and one I thought was very worthy of Halloween week. Uh huh, So don't let all these ghosts and monsters and scary things get all up in your head and make you paranoid. This this Halloween.
Speaker 3: Yeah, jeez, this one, every single one we're doing this week. It just makes me like think too much. My poor little brain right.
Speaker 2: Now, just frying your noggin.
Speaker 3: Kind of my brain feels tired. And this one just like put it over the edge a little bit because I'm like, what the actual I.
Speaker 2: Just picture, like you remember those old school drug commercials where it's like they crack an egg and it's like, this is your this is your brain on drugs, and it's like sizzling in the hot pan.
Speaker 3: That's me right now, that's my brain. Yeah, because this one is just too bizarre. I like, because you know how I like answers. I like salt cases and like where you know, because my OCD if I don't know, just gets to me and I'm like thinking about it too much.
Speaker 2: I love the ones where you just sit back and go, what the fuck you do?
Speaker 3: Love those yes I didn't notice, Well.
Speaker 2: Just surprise, surprise only took you over one hundred and fifty episodes and three years to figure it out. Well, thank you, I love you too. I can see that love glare happening right.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm head over heels for you mane.
Speaker 2: Oh definitely love you too. All right, Hopefully you guys enjoyed that one. Hopefully you guys are enjoying Halloween Week. We got some cool stuff coming down the pipes the next couple of days. Yeah, if you want to check out our links, they're all down below. Makes you end us a photo of you and your drink listening, Please to the Halloween Week episodes and let us know your favorite one so far too, and let us know your favorite fearful episode as well.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, if you.
Speaker 2: Haven't listened to it yet, it's our other podcast spin off where Jacko actually talks about a lot more stuff out of the scope of true crime, paranormal, supernatural, just some fucked up history. For example, he's got some.
Speaker 3: Interesting favorite episode of the New Five or of.
Speaker 2: All the ten, all the ten out there, I think, okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, we're gonna just say yeah thirty times.
Speaker 3: We'd be interested to know that. Yeah, okay, So on that note, well done, Thank you and you know it's Halloween week, so well
Speaker 2: We'll chat tomorrow, you bet you, and until then, stay wicked.