Speaker 1: Old venture, adventure, intrigue, mystery, romance, stirring Humphrey, bare Guard and Lauren becall together in the sultry setting of practical Avana and the mysterious islands of the Caribbeans.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you.
Speaker 3: Once again, the magic names of Humphrey, Bogart and Lauren becall.
Speaker 2: Bring you boul venture and the tale of mystery.
Speaker 4: And did be?
Speaker 3: He was good?
Speaker 2: Huns, good morning, sun in.
Speaker 4: Your place with halby and wind in your hair?
Speaker 2: How else did it? That's what I said? Good?
Speaker 4: How does it look on me?
Speaker 2: I'll let me consider it. Yeah, you with the wheel of our boat, the son on your lips, square patch on your dungareas he finished the fishing trip. Say do you go buy a mini blouse with an extra pair of pants.
Speaker 4: Too, Relick his daddy, You made me feel like a jelly was born with a silver lader in her mouth. Come closer, kid, and I'll look git a thank you on your brow.
Speaker 2: You wanna show a gratitude, Go ass and thank mister Jeffrey. He's paying for the trip.
Speaker 4: I tried. I went, asked Jelin, Sorry, I said, thank you for hiring us, mister Jeffrey, thank you for the payment we will receive when we set you ashore with your load of fish. Thank you isadad And what did he say? He grunted, So I flung so so I let him do his rod and reel.
Speaker 2: Oh, so loness, he pays this. You won't let a gun stand between him and you, I Saylor. Jeffrey came to me hires the boat for a fishing trip for him and a friend.
Speaker 4: But the friend never showed up. That touched our prophets, and as.
Speaker 2: So he'll buy only one pair of pants. Let me finish on. So he hires our boat. If he wants to sit there and fish and lungs and splendor and not talk to anyone grunt, that's his right.
Speaker 1: That's hey, he's got a strike.
Speaker 2: Listen to that line, sing, hey Jeffrey, you got a big one of beauty.
Speaker 5: Look at that sport.
Speaker 2: Go oh, let him run a little more? No, now really in reel in? What's them out of?
Speaker 4: Kid?
Speaker 2: Don't freeze up now? I said, reel in? Ah, you lost him. You got a picture fish and you lost him. Jeffrey, Hey, Jeffrey, what's the matter with you?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 4: And there's a line, snap slate, what's with it Jeffrey an amateur. How does he let a beauty like that get away from it?
Speaker 2: I'll tell you how sailor he died. He's dead. That's how.
Speaker 5: I wish you'd say something retail pensive in fault. I am thinking about it. Oh stop here, of course, of course what you wish it?
Speaker 6: Amy, that diamond drinking at me the blue one, cause that three characters. I don't want that one retail in my wedding ring from you to me because I love you and I'm just gonnaccord it. You could buy me a sackful out of the small change of hearing Amy.
Speaker 5: Amy to what's sure about sen York Jeffrey. I mean, listen, you're from Iowa. It is no longer between you and Senor Jeffreys what is used to be.
Speaker 6: That's what's got in huh see, Rachel, listen to Matt Jeffrey showed up in Asana a couple of days ago.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'll admit it.
Speaker 6: There was a flutter when he called.
Speaker 4: I met him this morning for breakfast and go fishing.
Speaker 6: When I saw him, laughed and myself because there was happy, happy, because I knew he didn't mean.
Speaker 5: Anything to me.
Speaker 4: Jeff Ulica.
Speaker 6: That's why I left Matt Jeffrey before we went in the restaurant. That's why I came run into you without even changing.
Speaker 2: Band. Red Melica, I'm.
Speaker 7: Glad you make me thank your Shannon, Senorita Bubal. You did something lechun, a beautiful thing, a clever thing. I have apprehended the murderers of not Jeffrey.
Speaker 4: It was murdered. The man died quietly on our boat. There was no one around.
Speaker 7: Only you ain't in your Shannon and inside the dead man enough poison to have killed him three times over. Matt Jeffrey was murdered.
Speaker 2: If you say so, and you've got a murderers, I'm glad for you and for Jeffrey. Who are they?
Speaker 7: You and you please sign your confession. We will shake hands and we will still be trained here.
Speaker 2: Sign all right now for Sasel raised me a small print where it says why we killed him. I left these spaces blank for you tube feelings, because I also could not puzzle why you want dead a man who is so poor human to live in Havana, in a mousehold like the last Floyer's hotel, in man who digs into his statings to hire your boat for fish a man who how much doll you got on your sellar?
Speaker 4: Three bucks and a dime?
Speaker 2: Why I let's see I've got yeah, not forty two dollars. That makes forty five at a dime for a candy bar, enough for bail asal for forty five paceos. You expect that I has another buck. I was holding it out for cab there. Come on, said, well, let's go fill in the blank spaces and why we kill the man?
Speaker 7: Here's twenty cent tables?
Speaker 2: Back, Senor, take a.
Speaker 7: Speak gun a street un named. We desire you to come back.
Speaker 2: To the poky come back, or we bring you back on a come again rickshaw. Right, yeah, why don't you pay attention to us?
Speaker 8: He is tho seldom.
Speaker 5: Senor that a man brings his budging bride his his hotel for honeymoon, that I beside myself with friending and be right, and now I can do for you.
Speaker 2: What didn't you have a guest here? I'm Matt Jeffrey, his desk bell. We're just about set in the middle of that, all right, you asked.
Speaker 4: To put the bell down. Slate, Chico, Chico, look at me. You have something Chico. You're the cutest little old Chico. A chill observes your eader. When I are gol tea flesh, twenty three gold tees in my mouth. I have a friend who has twenty five gold. See they are extension. How much ten Baesel.
Speaker 5: Current d for the buy touch.
Speaker 2: For the gold, You'll get it. What about Matt Jeffrey. This morning you walk.
Speaker 5: Out into the Havannah daylight.
Speaker 4: Before he read for the daylight, he made two calls through the telephone in his room, through the rich boarder my left out into the world of hustle and busy ten Paesel Senior for the numbers he called him, so that I may eat with gold.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here and here's for you. I give you, says, here's two nicel Sall he use that typhone on the wall. Call these numbers.
Speaker 9: Right, Norton Chops Norton speaking.
Speaker 2: Ray Norton.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry I got the wrong number. The first one was Norton's Chops night right, the other one Okay, Hello, Hello, this is Mary the Sunshine Girl. Your phone number has been selected to receive a spiffy prize of one year's free service. May I have your name and address.
Speaker 8: See a webb.
Speaker 6: One two one two per say a royal pay service for what?
Speaker 2: God?
Speaker 4: I'm slate, let's go.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm Slate, Shannon. This is Sailor the Dow and he is a man named Matt Jeffrey on a fishing trip this morning he died. He was poisoned.
Speaker 4: Come in, this is a cozy look. What of this coffee?
Speaker 2: Say?
Speaker 4: We'll set you back? Honey? Don't I know you lebby? But I don't remember.
Speaker 6: What do you two characters want?
Speaker 2: Unt Jeffrey called you a couple of hours before he died.
Speaker 6: It's a twist you inside. You can call me too?
Speaker 2: What about Mat?
Speaker 6: Jeffrey was a night fellow, had shoulders, went good with Paul corn. You got shoulders tools. Why don't you get rid of the drab girls?
Speaker 4: Lace? See, I'm fighting my lips. I'm being very nice. I'm behaving.
Speaker 2: I'm a police in on this amy. I think we can save you some grief.
Speaker 4: Don't go along with that.
Speaker 6: Matt was a boy from Iowa. I was engaged to once we rubbed cheeks. Call us dancing. He showed up in Havana called.
Speaker 5: Me A couple of nights ago. I saw him moon.
Speaker 2: He told you this morning too.
Speaker 6: He made final arrangements to.
Speaker 5: The day, gretlist and a fish and tip.
Speaker 2: Do you know did jab breakfast with him?
Speaker 6: We were crossing an alley. A cat ran by and rubbed itself against his charges. Matt kicked the cat in the face. Do you think I want to send a day with abe?
Speaker 5: White people don't have them, They're leaving.
Speaker 2: Who are you?
Speaker 5: Permit my introduction? I am ricos above.
Speaker 4: Young be love it by whom and so engaged.
Speaker 5: You're a lucky man. You are lovely this evening. Amy be too meek, he will be to me. No more crying, asping trips. So I way to see your mother, No more meeting of color youth like Matt Jeffrey dying.
Speaker 6: You're embarrassing the sunshine.
Speaker 5: You're good by you to get out.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't have it any other way? Come on, sailor.
Speaker 4: What now?
Speaker 2: Bray and let's try another wrong numbers, Let's try norton god chap.
Speaker 5: And you've come all the way down to the smith of Old Divannah just because a man named Matt Jeffrey called me this morning.
Speaker 2: Uh huh. We had another reason too. Jeffrey died on our boat this morning at murder.
Speaker 4: So you see Norton while we go around Havannah looking in looks and clanny. You never know what you'll come up, sir, and you came up with me one of the artists fokes.
Speaker 5: I want to tell you about me. I found my soul in Havana. Why you would be surprised for people to bring their photographs to me? To paint a life like.
Speaker 2: Portrait from what what Jeffrey wanted? This spect you're planted from a snapshot.
Speaker 4: Not a hind of his pussy cat.
Speaker 5: That man's crazy about cats. He brought me a photograph of Candy. I had a copy made the paint from nailed him back his original.
Speaker 4: Crazy about cats. Huh we heard difference live. We heard he was a cat kicker.
Speaker 2: No, he must have heard wrong. Say that, mister Norton here says Jeffrey was mad for the cat. Mister Norton wouldn't lie. What's mister Norton? Indeed I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: I'll just prove it to you.
Speaker 2: I'll go in the back room.
Speaker 5: And bring out the portrait I did at Tabby, mister Jeffrey's cat. You get weight here, all right?
Speaker 4: Back mister Norton. I just can't wait to hear more about your soul and the pussy cat.
Speaker 5: Goodies only to a minute.
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 4: Play? Maybe would you get.
Speaker 2: Help for you? Maybe for me, not for Norton. You can't wait that long. You've just been shot to death.
Speaker 3: Now back to both venture our stars, Humphrey Voguards and Lauren d Call and the second act of our story.
Speaker 8: One of these A man did go? Cause did this?
Speaker 4: And what do you know?
Speaker 8: When off this nibbled and yanked online man who could be birth more very last time didn't seem to be because them of the day. And I will explain exactly what I say. And the fellow who was played with this met a pistol bullet and now he is.
Speaker 4: And I'm just living for the second that LaSalle finds out they were the last one to a software.
Speaker 8: Unless I will find out, Miss Taylor.
Speaker 4: You won't say to hear I heard that kind.
Speaker 2: I won't play with it this time. This time we're in a good so I can understand one thing. I wouldn't feel so bad.
Speaker 5: I don't sing of salmon.
Speaker 2: Well, hello way girl, wed you'r hair said, I'm not a for purgency.
Speaker 5: I do not say my feel sad to see yourta anywhere. It isn't difficulty. Your name comes first to the lips of those in Havana who wish to skirt the police. Those who have difficulties and cannot discuss it to authorities come.
Speaker 4: To single shamming list.
Speaker 2: Are a hope?
Speaker 5: And are you willing to pay for the prisoner?
Speaker 2: Oh, let's skip the play.
Speaker 5: Rico follow When Amy came back from a vacation to visit her mother and the essauray who needs and you're as Saturday of Iowa. She commenced to be blackmailed.
Speaker 2: No, that would sad. I don't know how exactly, but it would thirty and so as soon fall to her.
Speaker 5: Pay me twenty thousand dollars for some information the man said about one hour ago. Says to meet him with money at the Arribady had DUTs he the fourth Agent shacks at eleven.
Speaker 2: Listen to me, Rico, tell her to do it. I'll be there. I'll be in the doorway of that fourth Agent shack. Tell her any to walk past me, keep walking back and forth past me. If anyone approaches her, I'll know it, yes, yes, and tell her not to talk to me. Above all, she's not to talk to me. No one must know I'm there, got that. This is what I have it exactly.
Speaker 4: You Rachel gees me a mind be love?
Speaker 5: But do you are coming in?
Speaker 4: No formal ritel?
Speaker 6: The gentle chap is alite request.
Speaker 4: You're going to be married, remember, come in? I don't know, sham. He has agreed to help you.
Speaker 5: Forgive me for tet some money for don't matter. He said he will hold you some harm.
Speaker 6: So I'm to go ahead and red noses with a black man on the goot.
Speaker 5: Huh, you got to got to speak to him. Do you want to make no outclass? You got only to walk so shallon? Well, no, you' out there?
Speaker 6: Hell knows l I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm there, that's all. You didn't mind me anything?
Speaker 5: A little pleasant, little happy?
Speaker 6: You're happy?
Speaker 4: Why did not he came me?
Speaker 6: I knowed I d as the day miss running?
Speaker 8: What's more good?
Speaker 4: I want?
Speaker 6: Please say you're here?
Speaker 2: Aren't you keep walking at fool?
Speaker 5: Don't talk to me? Please?
Speaker 2: If he's you're talking to me, he'll kill. He's already killed twice. He's got the habit. Walk away. No hysterics kid, it's not the time. Beat it ay walk, Okay, you're going a pretty girl. You're a guy. I want to talk to you. Bust it.
Speaker 6: I'm coming after your bust it.
Speaker 2: This lady all right, yeah, yeah, I'm all right surprised. I guess Oh there's my bullets? Do after my cheek? Amy? When they raise it? And why did you cry out? I told you not to.
Speaker 8: I'm a girl.
Speaker 6: Situations like people sitting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he got away.
Speaker 2: Your blackmail is a buddy of mine. Amy. He's got teeth a shine in the dark.
Speaker 4: So you didn't get Amy's blackmailer. That's why we're going back to that man in the fleabag. Huh your version of tennants for a deed not done.
Speaker 2: I had a yawn that enchanted me.
Speaker 4: Your mind long ago, said I learned not.
Speaker 2: To live for you after me Sarah. Alright, chicco yes, who please underlay go away, do not stand and go on me late.
Speaker 4: You can see your yawn again.
Speaker 2: Chico yawns for the Yeah, I'll do that, Chico flash the gold ten places. If you open your mouth wide, your.
Speaker 5: Downy's my goal by counts with my bruds in you. You lose at double empty speed in the jobbers.
Speaker 4: What more do you want?
Speaker 2: I got two of your teeth. Hut, Chico meet a blackmailer, said, and I spoiled it.
Speaker 5: My message allows it. Amateurs, you're not rate his game with his.
Speaker 2: Murder on teeth. Oh you found up on the blackmail, but you got to kill two men Matt Jeffrey by poison, ray notting by bullets.
Speaker 4: You've had a busy day, little old check out.
Speaker 2: You are both very slappappy people, though, sure we are. Chico, I'm going to slap you right down the police headquarters. That way, I'll beat a couple of murders off my shoulders on your thick go take your hand for my tears, Dan jagged, and I would explain I do that, Chico, put my hand on the stain. Here.
Speaker 5: A letter came from my one room guest, Matt Jeffrey, after he has diseased. I opened pictured him blackmail pictured to man with brains more brains than to me.
Speaker 4: So you called Andy Wedt?
Speaker 8: Who else the call?
Speaker 5: He has had woodagrass in the van of papers because you will marry a Vanda millionaire? Who else to call?
Speaker 2: Where's the in my bee shack?
Speaker 5: Under the Darrow Beach.
Speaker 2: The dirtiest one, the painted red and blue, the one in the Shikia stops under a loose board on the floor. We checked you with the police, Chico. Then we check a loose board, coming, Golden Boy.
Speaker 4: We sat under a loose board. Would have been easier if we set under a tight board. What isn't loose in here?
Speaker 2: Left them upseller one by one until we climb the treasure. We're having fun. Huh what'd you say? Oh?
Speaker 5: I said, it's a moon light night.
Speaker 4: You see it's bright night. Jolly, it's code. What do you think I said?
Speaker 2: It sounded more like, hey, I think I Yeah, I found him selling.
Speaker 4: Black flail stuff.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 4: Let me teak huh. Amy in a junior swim suit, not chesley and pin up shots and both leaning against the brand new car. That's all.
Speaker 2: Take another look? Where are they? Hm?
Speaker 4: The man looks like Miami. I'm bend to Miami, and the mayor looks like Miami.
Speaker 5: Kill me.
Speaker 4: It is Miami.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a cozy piece of blackmail.
Speaker 4: That's blackmail to be in my plate foot snapping his gun.
Speaker 2: That's a right, So say lest I'm gonna trying to kill us. Come on. It's so here say let this back door dive into the water, and last one in there is a dead duck.
Speaker 4: So you'll show 'em.
Speaker 5: So you like to do both, please come in? And he told me what happened to your chief sing or? I've got pay for biscarda each re charged by the footage. I do get Amy, any dollar you'll hit the dog, so you'll tell him you need to do.
Speaker 4: I heard resol.
Speaker 6: So you tell you for your star slate, I want.
Speaker 4: To contribute to you. Touch one into that star says you'll have a few of your own.
Speaker 2: I just want to let you too know that I got this thing wrapped up. Now take a look at this? What picture of Rico? What?
Speaker 4: Because when we get a picture like this, we're like to swim around with U.
Speaker 2: Especially when I was someone urging his onward with a rifle. Go on, take a look at it, Raco tweaking, isn't it Rico? Look at it?
Speaker 5: Amy, I thought you were in Ioway three weeks ago.
Speaker 6: I told you I was. That means I was, but the speak it was taken seven years ago Miami. Matt and I were onto the dating society for our college. We went to Miami to the date.
Speaker 2: So Wiley said, yeah, tell us about it.
Speaker 5: You aren't lighting any This picture was taken recently. Seen in the background this she has mother car. This could not be taken seven years ago recently. When you said you was with your mother, you worked with my Jeffrey, so I went to.
Speaker 4: My So what if I did? So you killed not Jessie poisoned him? That's so what if you did?
Speaker 6: I asked you to throw them out.
Speaker 2: Rico Emmy poison him at breakfast. He died on our boat. Matt Jeffrey. Blackmailer number one murdered Man number one.
Speaker 5: He's cute.
Speaker 2: Someone else, all of you crazy little artist. Ray Norton, the man who got hold of one of these pictures. Blackmailer number two murdered Man number two.
Speaker 5: Who eighty? Who poll Amy? Because you're going with my bill. You could have told me Amy crazy and.
Speaker 2: The blackmail goes on hotel clerk who opened that snail? He dreamed that the story Amy a good one. Told it to Rico, a story that made it look like the clerk murdered the other two clik I was supposed to capture on the waterfront. Maybe killed tru leap.
Speaker 5: I am sorry, Amy, Amy.
Speaker 8: Who's on?
Speaker 4: Not go get out of my way.
Speaker 8: I'll kill him. Emmy, do not.
Speaker 4: Hurrico, he wasn't you.
Speaker 6: I wanted you got my way, Rico, Rico, you can't die. You can't.
Speaker 2: Right. I didn't ten number three. I was wrong.
Speaker 4: I didn't think She cried.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were wrong. I go home. Sailing. I'll take it from the air.
Speaker 4: Isn't this wonderful face sailing along calm sea? Beautiful day?
Speaker 2: Any let her head back to Alana.
Speaker 5: The rain.
Speaker 4: You're crazy.
Speaker 5: You gotta cloud in the sky, in the.
Speaker 2: Rain, head back?
Speaker 4: What makes you think it's going to rain?
Speaker 2: My new scar, this one on my cheek is twitches. When this scar acts up, it's gonna rain.
Speaker 4: How can you tell that you haven't had that scar long enough?
Speaker 2: Looks sailor, I got scars all over, one for snow, one for hail, one's a hurricane, one for tornado, and one for cloudy. This new one for rain.
Speaker 4: It twitches.
Speaker 2: Huh yeah, what is this.
Speaker 4: Go to it?
Speaker 2: Keep on doing that, Sailor. I'm getting a message. Uh huh uh huh snow, rain, hail, Taylor, the bottom's gonna drop out of the barometer in the night and so our two stars, Humphrey Ball Garden Lauren the Call have brought to a close our latest Bowl venture story.
Speaker 7: Special music was composed and conducted by David Rose Hey.
Speaker 3: We invite you to listen again next week at this time for another exciting adventures. Sorry to I'm Gray o God and Lauren the Call together in OH Ventures