Speaker 1: This is Dan capless and welcome to today's online podcast edition of the Dan Capli Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: Okay, if you're just joining us, Ryan Schuling filling in, that's the least of our concerns at this moment. Dan Caplea should be with us for the next segment and the rest of the program. But there's been a lot happening in real time. Our first hour dedicated to the Venezuelan gathering that became borderline riot. Thousands of people know Aurora PD as per reports on the ground there that we're aware of. We're seeking information from Aurora PD and the PIO public Information officer there. We've received nothing. I've inquired, as has Kelly, with Mike Kaufman, the mayor of Aurora, to comment on what is going on. And now there is a further development in detail which is even more ominous. This from John Fabricatory. He will be joining us at five point thirty six pm. He is a former ice officer himself and he is running as the Republican candidate in the sixth Congressional district, which includes Aurora, and he states his follow on follows on x you can follow him there at John e Underscore fab with two b's at the end quote. I've received anonymous reports from local officers that multiple apartment complexes in Aurora are being overrun end quote taken over unquote by illegal immigrant gangs, including trend d r Agua, and this says Do Better Denver has video footage and has been sharing these addresses as well. Great work by do Better Denver. That from John Fabricatore A serious development here and we're looking for answers, especially of those of you who live in Aurora and will start there with Mike in Aurora joining us here on the dan Kaplis show Mike your thoughts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was traveling north Front a van about three in the afternoon on Saturday, and traffic was heavy. I was going into a target there at the shop, and the streets were getting jammed, and once I got in there, I could barely get out. I thought, well, I've gone to this much trouble. I'll just go in and do my shopping and get out quick. But the whole time, oh, I did think I was the first thing, you know, or in the police. And I'll tell you something even more ironic is over by the Jackson Hewitt tax office or has a really small sub division. You can barely see it there. It's in between shops. And but yeah, no police, and I don't think it. Also, you know, we don't have to go down Federal like I'm thinking to my own Denver police to handle that stuff better.
Speaker 2: So, Mike, real quick, I want to clarify this point. You saw kind of the happenings. What was going on? You said, Saturday? Right, yeah, okay, Saturday, this started okay, and you did not see a single Aurora PD vehicle lights on anything like that presence.
Speaker 4: There, No, no, none, none.
Speaker 5: Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 3: Did this also carry over into Sunday too.
Speaker 2: Or it appears that way?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think just early, or maybe I just munked out and got on and there's as quick as possible.
Speaker 2: Mike, Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you get so many people like that together, you know it's going to be trouble.
Speaker 2: Well that's the point, Mike, and I'm so glad that you called with that first hand account, is that this was entirely preventable. If there were no permits to gather, then there's no reason for people in that amount, let alone you know, thousands, but even a couple hundred to be there disrupting business, closing access down to streets and roads and pharmacies where people need to get their drugs. There's no excuse for this, and the fact this is what I'm honing in on, because we can only go on the information that I have at hand right now. There were individual police officers for Aurora PD reaching out by text to Danielle Jorinsky, who joined us earlier in the program. From the Aurora City Council. There are individual officers from Aurora PD now giving anonymous reports to John Fabricatory. There is discord within the ranks, So the rank and file Aurora PDE officers, I'm not necessarily holding them accountable. But where is Heather Morris right now? Where is the interim chief of Police for the City of Aurora. What is the disconnect between the leadership and our brave men and women who are on the streets in Aurora. Why were they not there? Were they told to stand down? Were they given a stand down order? There are a lot of questions that need to be answered here that are not being answered. Let's go to Mary in Denver. Mary, welcome to the dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 6: Hi there, thanks for hearing me for a minute. I used to live in Centennial. I live in South Denver. I drive over to the medical campus in the morning and I usually take Alameda to Havana to six.
Speaker 3: To get over there.
Speaker 6: And everything east of Lowry over to twenty five is honestly, you're risking your life driving. And every morning there are cars with no license plates every morning, and cars with pianels on them, driving with spear tires, no license plates, and people coking, smoking pot windows open. It's crazy every morning.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's.
Speaker 6: Going on over there, but it's really gone downhill and you're driving to twenty five home from work and you're you're just hoping you get home safely.
Speaker 7: So it's pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: Mary, Thank you for that. And what you're describing this is lawlessness, This is chaos. It sounds what you just described sounds like Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome Tina Turner singing the theme song guess what I'm playing next. But remember there was a group and I don't know that this was at all related that shut down two twenty five. You remember this, protesters that shut down one of the main arteries highways in Aurora in the surrounding metro Denver area. John Fabricatory just texted me the following. He said, quote, I started getting messages from officers the minute I got off your show. That would be my show here locally in Denver. And John joined me about two thirty three to two forty five pm in the Mountain time zone. So again we're getting more details along these lines. But if gangs like Trend de Aragua are taking over apartment buildings in Aurora, what is going on here? Let's go to Brian and Arvada on the incident. You can join us as well. Dan Kaplis will be rejoining the show in the next segment eight five five four zero five eight two five five Brian, welcome to the program.
Speaker 5: Hey, as long as you follow the leftist marks this way, you can do what you want.
Speaker 3: You know, you can be.
Speaker 5: Black wives Matter, burn down cities, you can be antife, no worries.
Speaker 3: I mean, they were the most organized group.
Speaker 5: They put rocks everywhere. But they you know, the FBI, they can't figure out who the leader of that was, so as long as you follow the program, you're good to go. But you know what I got to say, I'm I'm a little uneducated on the Madero. So is he going to remain in power or I'm a little confused because I heard he's going to remain in power? He cheated?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how these usually go, Brian, and I got to wrap it up after this, and Kelly is needing to take these phone calls that are coming in. I'm going to put those on hold. So if you're calling in right now, Kelly get to you in a moment. Our phone lines are relatively so Brian, thank you for bringing that up. What I will say is in communist dictatorships, whether it's Yugoslavia or Romania you saw with Chalceescu, or the Soviet Union, even with Gorbachev, or Cuba which is still under communist rule, or Venezuelan, now there will need to be an uprising, a revolution, and how these usually turn is whether the military chooses the side of the revolutionaries who are protesting against Maduro or whether they serve as a strong arm for Maduro against the citizens who are uprising. And that's when it could get really ugly. For Maduro to be deposed, the members of the Venezuelan military will need to turn on him. But this is beside the issue what we're facing locally here at this point. Just to reset, as we go to break, John Fabricatory will be joining Dan Live at five point thirty six to provide the very latest on what's going on. It's pure chaos. It appears in Aurora. And to Brian's point, you can talk about leftist edicts whatever all you want. What concerns me most about Aurora is this is a city that was we thought turning the corner under a Republican mayor Mike Kaufman, who had won re election by a wide margin, a Republican controlled city council, and yet this is still happening in Aurora. So Dan will rejoin the program next we'll get his thoughts, and again John Fabricatory coming up. Bottom of the hour. Venezuelan gatherers turn into rally goers turn into it would appear to be riots, shots fired, et cetera. No report of injuries or debts at this point, but sheer chaos, pandemonium in Aurora. No explanation given from Aurora PD or their interim chief or for Mayor Kaufman himself for that matter. We have calls out to both of those entities more when we come back. The Dan Caplas Show continues after this, and now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Is it thunderdil out in Aurora?
Speaker 1: If you were a witness to any of this, it's been discussed right now so well by Ryan. Please do give us a callage five to five for zero five eight two five to five the number text d An five seven seven three nine. Thank you to Ryan for starting the show today. I was off representing a client and so glad to be with you now. So if you just joined us, Ryan, why don't you fill folks in I've seen the Facebook pace post rather from or a city council member Danielle Jurinsky as she detailed and in part describes.
Speaker 4: She says, Aurora.
Speaker 1: Being taken over by Venezuelans last night, the intersection of Mississippi and Havana, in particular reports of assaults, theft, gunshots, etc. You had Danielle on earlier, as you mentioned John Frebrickatory, who is the GOP nominee in CD six against Jason Crow he's going to join us at five point thirty six. He has also posted on this, So, Ryan, if you would give folks a quick scene set and then we'll take calls from witnesses and talk about the broader issue.
Speaker 2: Based on what I've been told by Danielle Jorinsky, of course, a member of the Aura City Council, on her initial post is what alerted me to this story. But then we had callers from as well who've witnessed this dan dating back to Saturday, when these gatherings started, presumably to anticipate the results of the election in Venezuela, which we know is very contested and there's likely fraud there and corruption involved in Maduro staying in power. That being said, large groups of Venezuelan's were gathering in Aurora, shutting down businesses in city streets, firing off gunshots. No report of injuries or deaths. No statement from the Aurora PD or their interim police chief therein Heather Morris, no statement from Mayor Mike Kaufman on this, and in fact, I'd got a text right here from Danielle saying she believes that Kaufman doesn't want anyone to know there's actually a problem in Aurora with a shrug emoji, and that he's already mad at her Danielle, for bringing attention to this. This then precedes what John Fabricatory has been told on the ground. Several anonymous Aurora police officers have reached out both to Danielle directly via text over the last couple of days and today to John as soon as he got off of my program around two forty five PM, that there are in fact illegal immigrant gangs, including Trend de Aragua, that are taking over Aurora apartment complexes, overrunning them basically by force fear intimidation. This is like mafia mob type rule. And I'm sure you'll hear more from John about that part of it coming up at the bottom of the hour. Fabricatory, of course a former ice officer himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And as a Texter suggested, we can try to get George Brockler on this and see what George is hearing.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: George is running for DA obviously in the new JD Judicial District out in Douglas County. It's separating off from Aura, but George certainly knows that area well. So if you're an eyewitness in particular, would love to hear from you, obviously, if thoughts beyond that and a text as DA N five seven seven three nine will start the old fashioned way, which I still love. I'm gonna throwback and the phones will go to Tony in Denver. You're on the dan Kaplas, sh'll welcome.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 7: So I've been working down in a Roora the last couple of weeks. I've got a job down there in construction and we're all up and down the two twenty five corridor area. I come from about an hour from there. I'm not down there too much, and I've been joking with friends lately of how.
Speaker 5: Bad it is he that way.
Speaker 4: What do you saying, Tony?
Speaker 7: You know the cars without license plates that was mentioned driving anywhere we have concrete barriers for roadwork. People just drive the wrong direction, they just go around them, drive the wrong direction. The amount of people drinking from bottles of vodka at bus stops at ten am, needles on the ground. I had one neighbor come to one of our multiple job areas and he warned me of a certain person in a car that drove by, and he goes, that guy's always armed and he's not allowed to be, he goes, so be careful around here as you guys are working. And I literally described it to friends as mad Max. I said, if you want to get away with something, come down here as a free for all. You go into a store to get a drink or a snack, you can't buy anything. Everything's locked up because there's so much theft.
Speaker 4: Is this in a particular part of town?
Speaker 3: Crazy this?
Speaker 7: I mean, I'm we basically along Mississippi, Havanah and Chambers. We have some multiple job sites in the area for some construction work, and so I'm kind of driving all between them, and the stuff you see is pretty mind boggling. It turned into a joke. I mean even today, I'm sitting in my car at the job site in a parking lot of a little shopping center in the area, and a car stops in front of me, and I took a video because it was so funny, and an older gentleman opens the door. She doesn't even pull into a parking spot, just stops in front of me in the lane, opens his door and starts.
Speaker 4: Teeing, Oh my god, you are kid me.
Speaker 1: Wow, I'm not even and Tony, are you connecting this to the reports? Of what folks believed to be Venezuela and immigrants, et cetera.
Speaker 4: This just a broader problem.
Speaker 7: Just broader with the area that I've noticed that. You know, I've been down there a couple of weeks straight now working and I'm like, what is going on here?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 7: You know, I got into work today and here from the weekend. See, you know there's gun chops over the weekend and you've got to look out on the work site. What is going on? This?
Speaker 3: Crazy?
Speaker 4: Tony? Appreciate the call? Man? Holy cow, you hear that, Ryan?
Speaker 1: What Tony said about God just opens the door and starts urinating out the card. I mean, wow, my lord, Mike and Aurora, you're on the Dan Kaplis show.
Speaker 8: Welcome, Yeah, my dank my call. Sure and a month from more. I guess the screen car coming something from here or something anyway, No big deal.
Speaker 5: I don't know, Mike.
Speaker 1: My apologies. We're having trouble with your phone line. I'm gonna have you get with Kelly for about twenty seconds see if that can be improved, because I would certainly love to hear from you on this.
Speaker 4: Let's go to txters as well. While they try to get.
Speaker 1: A clear signal there eight FI five for zero five A two five five text d A N five seven seven or nine.
Speaker 4: Dan and Ryan, I think our borders are.
Speaker 1: Should come to Aurora there, go and face these people and give them their welcome package and their key to the city, Dan, Ryan, Banduro's defense minister is backing Maduro. Maduro has made the generals very wealthy. They will not back up the Venezuelan people. Dan, I'm confused is this happening right now in Aurora, because there's no breaking news on any.
Speaker 4: Of our local stations.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm just getting up to speed on this story myself because I've been off representing a client today. But I'm reading Danielle Charinsky Eurosity Council members post and she describes something happening last night where she talks about quote unquote taken over Aura, taken over by Venezuelans, Mississippi and Havana intersection, in particular reports of assault staff, shots in the air, et cetera.
Speaker 4: But my understanding is that this was last night.
Speaker 1: Now Ryan has talked about and I think John Fabricatory may mention this when we talk at five thirty six about reports of the apartment complexes, some say being taken over by Venezuelan gangs. We don't have any independent verification of that, but that's that's as I understand it.
Speaker 4: The timing on all.
Speaker 1: Of this, Alexa suggests getting George Brockler on very good thought. Getting George on any topic is a good thought.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: So we got that going on. We'll cover that, John Fabricatory next. I've got to tell you, I don't know if you've been watching this, Ryan, but we're multitaskers here, but big screen in the studio, Kamala Harris a rally down in George.
Speaker 4: I can't tell how many people were there.
Speaker 1: Looks like they got like a thousand people in a high school Jim for last night maybe in Philly. But just looking at the crowd at that rally behind her, they just look so bored. It's just there is so much to talk about in that front as well, and we're going to touch on that also. But there is this situation in Aurora. I know it ties into larger issues as well, So we're going to keep kicking that around with you. Eight five five for zero five eight two five five text d an five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 4: You're on the Dan Kapla show.
Speaker 2: You're listening to The Dan Kaplass Show podcast.
Speaker 4: John Trebricatory kind enough to be with us.
Speaker 1: He's the Republican candidate for Congress and CD six running against Jason Crow. The reason John joins us now is this story that's been percolating up and Danielle Durinsky, city council member in Aurora posted on her Facebook about what she saw as Venezuelan's quote taking over Aura, particularly intersection of Mississippi and Tavana. Last night, reports, according to Danielle, of assault staffed, shots in the air, et cetera. And then that's led to other discussion of what's going going on in Aurora. So we're trying to gather all the facts. If you're an eyewitness, please call us eight five to five four zero five eight two five five text d A N five seven seven through nine. John, Welcome back to the Dan Kaplis Show.
Speaker 5: Hey, Dan, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 4: Sure, Hey, what do you know?
Speaker 7: Well, you know a lot of officers have been calling me.
Speaker 9: I spent a little over twenty years here in the Denver metro area and law enforcement working a lot on you know, fugitive teams and stuff and still have a lot of connections in the local law enforcement. And the officers are just angry. They're they're angry about what's going on. They're they're angry that this situation has been allowed to fester, and now it's gotten to a point where it's getting dangerous for these officers. The trendy Aragua gang has issued a green light to shoot officers in Colorado, and it's gotten to a point where where these officers can't go to certain apartment complexes because the gang has taken over.
Speaker 7: Those apartment complexes.
Speaker 9: They are making the cleaning staff pay them a protection, a bat racket. They are making the managers of those apartment complexes pay them money. They're strong arming certain people in the community. And this is what I'm hearing from these officers. I'm hearing that even the other night, they were told not to go into the crowd if they heard gunshots, to stand back and wait to see what happens. And you know, you know this, your father was a police officer. That's not the heart of an officer to stand there and watch things like that occur and be told to just stand down.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: And at this point, and I know officers. It's tough within the structure. But what have officers been able to do, if anything, to try to deal with this situation they're reporting to you in these apartment complexes because obviously that that can't be allowed to happen anywhere, certainly can't be allowed to happen in America.
Speaker 4: No, not at all.
Speaker 9: And you know, part of the problem is DN this is this was back a few years now. I mean, this whole sanctuary situation precluded ICE from being able to work with local law enforcement. And it's just led to this. It's led to over the years to where we are now, where we have gangs taking over apartment complexes, strong arm in people in these apartment complexes, and and like you said, this is not America.
Speaker 7: We don't we don't put up with this.
Speaker 9: And how has it gotten to this situation? And really looks sanctuary status, the sanctuary cities. You know this, there's this whole notion that you know, ICE is the cause of the problem and it's not actually the Evegal aliens that are here committing crimes that is the problem.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 9: You know, it's just gotten to a point where if we don't stop this soon, a lot of bad things are going to happen.
Speaker 1: And John, I've always known Mike Kaufin obviously Mary v are always known Mike Kaufman to be a guy very opposed to sanctuary city, very much a law and order guys as you know as well, distinguished military career. Hard for me to imagine Mike Kaufman putting up with that. We're trying to get Mike on air. Have you had a chance to talk with them about it? Do you know where he's at on this?
Speaker 9: You know, I haven't actually talked to Mike about it recently, you know, I know, you know, he like like you said, you know, he's been against sanctuary and you know he's he's talked about it in the past. But I think a lot may even be hidden from him, you know, from the upper brass at Aurora PD, because you know, they don't want this getting out if they're on their fifth police chief and five years and and you know that the whole you know, upper management there. You know, I don't know what's going on there, but but obviously the officers are being affected. Something needs to be done with with, you know, with or for Aurora PD to get them the help that they need. To clear this situation out. But if we don't do something soon, it's you know, we're gonna have.
Speaker 7: Been a lot of trouble.
Speaker 4: John.
Speaker 1: Let me read to you something that just came into us. This is issued by the Aurora Police Department. Get your reaction to it. Says it's labeled fact check. Missing information has spread on social media regarding the large gathering on Sunday at gardens On Shopping Center. We recognize that Sunday's incident was disconcerting and alarming for a large number of our residents and citizens. The purpose of this message is to provide the community with accurate information based on what we know right now. Bullet point and estimated three thousand to four thousand people gathered Sunday at the gardens On Havana Shopping Center to await the Venezuelan presidential election results.
Speaker 4: We'll come back to that second bullet point.
Speaker 1: APD learned about the gathering before five pm, when there was a report of suspicious activity at the center. APD subsequently investigated a report of an assault on a store employee during a shoplifting incident. APD established a command post to monitor the gathering. There were incidents of shots being fired into the air during the gathering. APD did not receive any reports of anyone being injured by gunfire. The large crowd made it difficult for customers to enter and leave the shopping area and roadways in the immediate area where impassable trash and debris were left behind by those who attended the event. APD did not make any rest nor did officers issue any ticket, citations or summons. There is no evidence to date that the gathering was organized by a criminal organization or that any gang activity occurred relating to the gathering. While there are claims that some attendees at the gathering rioted, causing damage to businesses, passing vehicles and causing harms harmed to passerbys in the area, APD has received no such reports to date and a where a patrol unit was hit by an unknown object while driving in the area, and it is unclear at this time if it was related to the gathering. The object caused minor damage and APD is still investigating the incident. APD is continuing to investigate the overall incident and we will continue to keep the community informed if there are significant updates.
Speaker 4: So John, your reaction to that.
Speaker 9: So you know, Danielle posted about this.
Speaker 7: I also posted about it.
Speaker 9: I don't think either of us mentioned that this was stage by any gang. I think we were concerned with the size of the crowd gathering number one without a permit. Everyone else normally for a size that big would need to pull a permit. Make sure they have safety there, and make sure there are ambulances, you know, all the things that you need to have a large gathering. I think you know, both of us were concerned with the surrounding small businesses that were affected the gun fire. I mean, we're Repedia even admits that they know guns were being fired into the air, and when have you known?
Speaker 4: Dan can't do that.
Speaker 8: That's just.
Speaker 1: I can guarantee you everybody listening is thinking the same thing. If fill in the blank. If a pro life group, this group, that group whatever, gathered in a parking lot three thousand people strong and we're shooting guns into the air, you know.
Speaker 4: We're behind bars. You just can't do that.
Speaker 1: We cannot and I'm not faulting any or a police officer, not nor but we cannot as a society tolerate this.
Speaker 4: No matter who it is.
Speaker 1: You cannot get to get they're unpermitted. Three thousand to four thousand people start firing guns in the air, shut down a shopping center for you know, law abiding citizens who are just trying to get in and out of a parking lot.
Speaker 4: That is not America. I don't care who it is, doesn't matter what race, color, creed, politics. You can't do that.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, Dan, Absolutely, and look, I'm not even blaming Aurora management. They were caught off guard. But the situation has gotten so bad because of what we're dealing with that we need to look the federal government, the local pds, they need to come together and they need to make a difference about this. You know, we have our local representatives, some of who have said nothing about this, such as Jason Crow, who is not talking about this at all. You know, we need to we need to do something now. This is not I've lived in Aurora since nineteen ninety eight. This is not the Aurora I raised my children in. This is not the Aurora I want, you know, to be in the future. And again, we need to decide that we want to take our streets back and we're not going to have this kind of violence and we're not going to have this kind of illegal activity occurrent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, amen to that. John. What's your website?
Speaker 9: It's John sab for Congress dot Com. That's John Fabb, the number four Congress dot Com.
Speaker 4: Hey, John, appreciate the time. Thank you for that.
Speaker 1: And when we come back, I want to hear from you. What do you think should have been done in that circumstance. Again, I'm not critical of Aurora PD, but we can have people just firing off guns in our streets with unsanctioned gatherings of three to four thousand shutting down in many ways, you know, commerce in the area.
Speaker 4: What should have been done?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 4: What should be done? Next time you're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 2: And now back to the Dan Kapla Show podcast.
Speaker 4: The kind of pop up.
Speaker 1: Story today comes out of Aurora and the thirty second Summer is. It starts with Danielle Churinsky posting about it, then John fabricatory, and then John just joined us.
Speaker 4: Danielle earlier with Ryan.
Speaker 1: But credit to Aura Police, which has at this point confirmed and in my view, the essential details of this which boils down to Sunday and it appears without a permit that's not addressed in the APD statement, but if a permit was issued that that person needs to find another line of work because the permit would have been for a shopping center parking lot on a Sunday afternoon for three to four thousand people, which according to APD, which again I appreciate the good information of their bulletin. You know, it made it difficult for people to get in and out of the parking lot. But anyway, or a police acknowledging three to four thousand people gathered at the shopping center to wait the Venezuelan presidential election results, and that there were shots fired into the air, no arrests made, trash debris left behind, etc. Mike Kauffman's a stand up guy, always has been.
Speaker 4: It's who he is.
Speaker 1: He is going to come on this show, guys, I will bet youmahawk Mike Kaufman comes on the show tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I can't afford that.
Speaker 1: And now we're going to have this conversation because Mike is a law or a guy. He's served in the military and very very dangerous combat areas. There is no way in the world Mike Kaufman is going to tolerate or justify this or allow this to become the precedent in Aurora.
Speaker 4: It cannot be.
Speaker 1: I don't care who they're It could all be you know, white people from a country club somewhere. They could all be whatever, doesn't matter. You can't do this in America. We can't have this kind of behavior in America. And Mike Kaufman is not going to let that be the new normal. We cannot let this be the new normal. And so yeah, I'm sure we can get Mike on tomorrow. If you happen to be involved in that or a witness to it, please give us a call. But the other thing is, and I'm sure Mike would agree with this, and again I'm not being critical.
Speaker 4: Of Aurora police.
Speaker 1: If you're confronted with a sudden situation like that, there are all sorts of balancing you have to do about how to deal with it. But one thing is for sure, it can never happen again. So one of the things I want to talk to Mike about is is, Okay, what kind of intelligence work is being employed, you know, to make sure that.
Speaker 4: Next time the city doesn't get surprised by this.
Speaker 1: I mean, how can you get surprised by three to four thousand people gathering. There must have been communications about this, right Ryan, there must have been communications about, Hey, we're going to get together and take over this part of Aurora on Sunday afternoon while we await the election results and everybody meet here.
Speaker 4: I mean, it could not have been spontaneous.
Speaker 2: I don't understand the downplaying of this entire incident by Aurora PD. It is laughable. In fact, John fabricatory texts me Dan quote. Their fact check is ridiculous unquote. What I want to know is what is the breaking point? This is a question you would probably ask as a lawyer, Dan, So how big would the crowd have to have gotten for there to have been any action taken with regardless shutting it down?
Speaker 1: And these are questions that obviously have to be answered, right, They have to be answered, And the message has to be sent loud and clear to everybody, but particularly to the folks who who did this on Sunday, that this cannot happen. The law is going to be enforced. People are going to be sighted, people are going to be arrested, and if people shoot guns into the air, hey you're going to find out what a felony is.
Speaker 4: You can't do that.
Speaker 1: But listen, I do credit aorror for this, I mean, the way it started. Misinformation has spread on social media. I'd want to talk to you ever wrote this about that. But they do acknowledge, and I appreciate that that it was three to four thousand people, that there were.
Speaker 4: Shots fired into the air.
Speaker 1: That there were people who couldn't get in and out of the shopping center because of this. So at least those core facts were confirmed and enough facts to know, right. Can you imagine is there going to be anybody out there other than the people involved in this, you know, who gathered there and fired shots into the air. Is there anybody out there who's going to say this is acceptable and that we can live with?
Speaker 9: This?
Speaker 4: Says the new normal?
Speaker 2: And according to a Texter here, they did see a story about this on KDIVR would be local Fox thirty one here in Denver. But other than that, and other than us here covering it kind of in real time, Dan, I don't know that it's been covered anywhere else. And that begs the question as to why that's the case.
Speaker 1: No, great, great question, And yeah, I mean we know, first of all, does this trace back to Denver? I think my Kaufman Aerrosity Council have been very very responsible in the way they they've addressed homelessness and Aurora, the way they've tried to deal, you know, with the whole open borders effect, et cetera. You know, are these and I'm putting this in the form of a question, are these largely folks who you know Denver shipped off to Aura?
Speaker 4: I don't know the answer to that question. Are all sorts of questions that need to be answered well, and a.
Speaker 2: Quick kind of nip in the bud moment here because this Texter and I'm not picking on the text, but says, any idea, how many of these people are actually gang members? Do you have a number out of the five thousand? Which is a clever turn that there. Roal PD tried to take as well, to discount the whole story by well, they weren't gang members. That's irrelevant, that's beside the point.
Speaker 4: But then again, the question would be, okay, where does that information come from?
Speaker 2: I mean, they just set that aside though if they were not gang members, this behavior is not.
Speaker 4: Acceptable, That's right. That's the starting point.
Speaker 1: To the extent the question is because John was on about separate reports of gang members, you know, taking over certain apartment complexes or requiring protection money to be paid, et cetera. And so is that have those facts been confirmed? We need to hear that from Mike Kaufman, et cetera. What's being done to investigate those reports. But this I'm telling you, and I don't mean to sound naive, but you know, I've been around here for a few minutes, and I've been doing the show almost thirty years, and Mike Kaufman has never ducked us.
Speaker 4: He's come on all the time over the years.
Speaker 1: And you just know, if there's one person, and there's more than one, if there's one person in Colorado public life who.
Speaker 4: Is not going to tolerate this, it's Mike Kaufman.
Speaker 2: He has a track record to back.
Speaker 1: Then yes, so and then so I fully expect he'll be on the show tomorrow and we'll get answers to a lot of these questions. But but and then we want to talk about the how. I'm sure Mike's going to say it's not going to be tolerated, et cetera. But okay, how's it going to be stopped? Because guess what, you and Mike knows this to be true. You know, you approve what you tolerate, You condone what you tolerate, you encourage what you tolerate. So the fact that this was this occurred, no arrest, gunshots into the air. You've got an awful lot of people now who think they can come back and do it again. We look forward to Devin, Mike Kaufman with us tomorrow. We expect, Thank you, Ryan, thank you, Kelly join us tomorrow.