Speaker 1: There's a certain emoji response to a text message that has all three of us baffled. You send someone a text message about whatever, and they respond with their exclamation points, but it says so and so emphasized this.
Speaker 2: My wife did it to me the other day. I sent her something and she sent that back, and I go, huh, that.
Speaker 3: Means I've been emphasized.
Speaker 2: I was a little kind of scratching my head and I was like, well, I guess it was not a haha. It was not really a harder thumbs up sort of situation. Right, and you've got an emphasize. But you know, the thumbs up that ends all text conversation.
Speaker 4: You know that, right.
Speaker 3: Sandy's theory, Oh that's supposed to end it.
Speaker 1: That's the theory is when you've been going back and forth with somebody on a text thread, the person that sends the thumbs up. Whenever that happens, that text thread is now over.
Speaker 5: Yes, some people don't know when to stop with the text.
Speaker 3: They think they have to respond to everything. So your thumbs up them and stop.
Speaker 2: I've never used the emphasize of you what it means.
Speaker 6: If there's only a way that you could ask the computer figure if there's just not in the dictionary. Wait, wait a bit, let me get my Oxford's dictionary.
Speaker 4: Ins. No, that's not gonna work.
Speaker 3: Do you still have your set of encyclopedias?
Speaker 6: And no?
Speaker 7: I sold my Funk and wagonles a few years ago. I sold them. Wow, you found a sucker. Oh okay, I just punched it in and something jumped out of me. All right, it makes sense, okay, that I didn't know, and I guess I didn't notice it the other day.
Speaker 3: So I'll start with the it says I asked chat GPT.
Speaker 2: The common uses are to highlight importance like don't forget your appointment. Emphasize okay, yeah, to breasts strong feelings like I can't believe this happened okay, underscore sarcasm or disbelief like oh great, emphasize okay, react with drama or humor like seriously, hmm, emphasize.
Speaker 3: But here's the part that I didn't know. I guess I didn't notice it the other day.
Speaker 2: When you emphasize, it shakes, it slams onto the screen and shakes a little bit to get your attention. Really, I guess I didn't notice that.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 3: But that clears nothing up For me, it's.
Speaker 1: Kind of that it means hell yeah. I think hell yeah is probably the best way to describe it. Like if you sent me a text about something I emphasized it, just imagine me saying, hell yeah, that's that's right.
Speaker 5: It probably probably depends on what the text is, like if somebody I feel like a double exclamation is like are you freaking kidding me? That's always what I think it is, or like an oh my god, but apparently it can. I think it depends on what your subject is. I just emphasized something to both of you guys, and you can see what it looks like.
Speaker 3: On your phone.
Speaker 4: If it wiggles, it didn't wiggle.
Speaker 3: Mine did not wiggle. Huh, Chap is GPT wrong? Interesting?
Speaker 2: Well maybe that's only on mobile. I'm looking on my computer or you no, I'm you know mobile. It didn't shake.
Speaker 3: Didn't shake on mobile? Chet GPT lied to us.
Speaker 5: You mean something you found on the internet is not correct?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: Hard to believe?
Speaker 3: I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: Hard to believe. I don't really know. The only ones are the emojis that I really use. Is really the thumbs up? Maybe an occasional ha ha. I'm not big on the heart or the question mark, because you know, I didn't realize if you swiped on your emojis when you're doing that on a message, there's more.
Speaker 4: Oh, I changed my photo.
Speaker 5: There are more than just the fifteen that were on the screen right there.
Speaker 1: No, No, I knew the ones when you use the emojis, but when you like to hold it down on a text, Messa and they open up, there was more, Tristia, You're not the only one that finds it funny that I've changed my profile picture on my iPhone.
Speaker 3: You did it on my iPhone though.
Speaker 4: No, but it shows up on other people.
Speaker 3: I didn't accept it.
Speaker 1: It's just a silverback gorilla. Now when I call, I.
Speaker 3: Pushed it and something caught my eye and I lift it. It's just this giant gorilla. That's a good way to get people to take your I remember that.
Speaker 5: Like I just sent you, guys, my favorite emoji, like this represents me most every single day.
Speaker 4: That one or the eye that's the How do you explain that? The squinty eyes.
Speaker 3: Miley face, But it's just straight line, it's.
Speaker 5: The eyes or just straight slits in the mouth is just a slit and it's one of those like chest irritated, Like it's.
Speaker 2: Kind of like that a knockoff of the have a Nice Day smiley face. But it's just straight lines, right.
Speaker 3: But he's he's just put out.
Speaker 5: He's very don't hit these people like it's a very you annoy the crap out of me emoji sign.
Speaker 4: The one Trisia sends me that annoys me is the eye roll.
Speaker 5: Yeah, whenever he says things, I just said him an eye row, like silly boy.
Speaker 3: Mmmmmm.
Speaker 4: So, I don't know if we answered any questions on the emphasize, but.
Speaker 3: Let's try it out. Let's report back in a week or so, and so lives are changed. Sorry,