Speaker 1: It's nice Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: We're talking about President Joe Biden's invitation today to Donald Trump UH to come to the White House. I thought it was an appropriate gesture, a good gesture by the president. Not everybody agrees with me, as you can tell, but that's okay. Let me let me just grab one more SoundBite to give you a sense of what he had to say. Now, he he, of course, besides being gracious, he would well, yeah, take this one, rob, this is a this is These are two pretty good ones. Let's go to cut twenty three and then cut twenty four, playing back to back.
Speaker 3: Also, hope we can later rest the question about the integrity of the American electoral system. It is honest, it is fair and transparent, and it can be trusted win or lose. As they did their duty as citizens. I will do my duty as president. I'll fulfill my oath and I wanted the Constitution. On January twentieth, we'll have a peaceful transfer of power here in America.
Speaker 2: And I think that's good news for everyone. Okay, I think it's good news for the country. After all of this. It was a nasty campaign, Okay, there was nastiness on both sides. But maybe maybe we're all tired of it, and maybe President Biden should be commended today. He could have set it out, he could have said, you know, look, let them let him talk to my people. He did the right thing today. Why is it so tough. I'm not a fan of Joe Biden. I think if you listen to this program, you know that. But as you can see, I'm in the minority right now, which is okay. Let's keep going. Going to go to Warren down in Fall River. See what what Warren has to say for us. Warren, welcome back to Night Side. Nice to have you with us. Your thoughts on the president's decision to welcome Donald Trump to the White House?
Speaker 4: Hey, Dan, Yeah, it was a nice gesture, but there's been so much crossfire between the two parties that it's you know, you know, everyone's still upset at the other side.
Speaker 2: So no question about that. But someone's going to take the first step.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I mean yeah, I mean someone. I mean someone has to step up and you know, do you know, do the first act, and then someone has to do a second act and a third act and someone and so forth. But these two parties are too diametrically opposed from each other. And it's and when you've.
Speaker 2: Always been diametrically opposed. The Tip O'Neil and Ronald Reagan were diametrically opposed. Tip O'Neil was a you know, a Cambridge, Massachusetts, Boston based New England guy, Boston College. Ronald Reagan was Midwest born in Dixon, Illinois, was a sportscaster in Iowa, movie actor in Hollywood, governor of California, once a conservative Republican the other they were all but that enmity. Didn't they got along? Okay?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: But I think I think with the with the social media and you know, the internet, every you know, where news travels in a in a millisecond, that it gets much tougher. Whereas you know, back you know, back in the day, back in the eighties, you know, and you know, we had you know, we had ABC, NBC and BS de lean on for for our news. Now we now we have podcasts, now, we have Yeah, we have everyone saying their opinion.
Speaker 2: I under say that, and and I'm I'm critical of the network newscasts. I thought they were quite unfair doing this during this election. Their their editorial opinions look at the Boston Globe today. Go look at the Boston Globe. The comments that were there, the letters to the editor. Yeah, like there's that. If you read the Boston Globe, you would assume that no one in Massachusetts voted for Donald Trump. There were over a million people in Massachusetts. The Globe did do some some news stories which said that, uh, that Trump showed more strength this year than than he had in in twenty twenty or he had in twenty sixteen. So I don't know. I'm just it's going to take a while.
Speaker 4: It's going to take it. Yeah, it's going to be a long process. I mean unfortunately. I mean I hope that I'm wrong, but I think it's going to take another nine to eleven type event just to bring this country back together. And I hope and pray that I am wrong. But like on nine to twelve, we were unified, the country was more unified than ever and we you know, we just drifted off to different areas of the world after that. So and again, well again, I think I.
Speaker 2: Think you made I think you made a lot of sense. I'm just willing to say that today, Joe Biden, did.
Speaker 4: You know, I mean, it was it was.
Speaker 6: It's a good start.
Speaker 4: But but then again, when you get the Hatfields and McCoy to hate each other, they're going to hate each other forever.
Speaker 2: So okay, fair enough for enough. But again, thanks thanks for calling. It's always war. I appreciate your perspective.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Thank you. I'll talk to you.
Speaker 2: I have a great one. Good night. Okay, let's see, we're gonna talk to you soon. Take a very quick break. We get this is a quick break. We'll be right back. The only line that's open at six point seven.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Way live from the Window World Nights Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: So this is Jake Tapper on Election Night. Now again, I think Jake Tapper is he's he's not an unbiased his bias does show, but I triggy when he says he's shocked, they think he's truly shocked. Cut twenty Rob, Are.
Speaker 7: There any price that said the vice president is overperforming Joe Biden in twenty twenty, So we can show you that as well.
Speaker 2: We just bring that out here.
Speaker 8: Harris overperforming twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Only smokes there you go.
Speaker 6: So let this go away and see if there's anything in the east Side.
Speaker 8: There literally nothing, literally nothing, literally not one county by three percent or more.
Speaker 2: This Jake Tapper talking to John King at ABC and showing that the job that Kamala Harris couldn't outperform Joe Biden. Uh. And then you have Jim Clyburn, who's a Democratic congressman from South Carolina. Uh, he's on serious XM radio here, and he talked about African Americans in his district. He at least he acknowledged this. He's he doesn't deny reality. This is cut eighteen. Rob.
Speaker 9: I saw this coming uh several days ago. Uh when I began to getting the phone calls, Uh that there was something unusual taking place at early voting in the rural possible district. They were half an Americans coming in to the poland boot uh asking for assistance. Uh, just with a ticket that wanted to vote for Democrats at the local level after Trump.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 9: This very unusual place.
Speaker 2: So Donald Trump attracted black votes. Okay. Now, on the other hand, Clyburn, who happens to be black, is a is a politician, and he recognized reality, acknowledges reality. You got Joe Scarborough, who is soft. I mean, I have no idea. What this guy's problem was. I guess at one point he was a friend of Trump. Now he's not. He wants to call Latinos and blacks misogynist and racists because they didn't vote for Kamala Harris. Compare what Jim Clyburn, a Democratic congressman, said, which was rational, to this irrationality from Joe Scarborough and cut eleven rob.
Speaker 1: I just say, I read really quickly too.
Speaker 7: Democrats need to even sure, and they need to be honest, and they need to say, yes, there is there's misogyny. But it's not just misogyny from white men. It's misogyny from Hispanic men, it's misogyny from black men. Things we've all been talking about who do not want a woman leading them might be race issues with Hispanics. They don't want a black woman as president. And I say, you know, the Democratic Party, I've always found when you're sitting around talking, they love to just sort of balkanize everybody into these separate groups and say, oh, white people don't like women and black people. No, it is time for the Democrats to say okay, And you and I have talked about this before a lot of Hispanic voters have problems with black candidates.
Speaker 10: A lot of.
Speaker 1: Don't like each other.
Speaker 2: He's talking to Al Sharpton. There's a guy who who certainly you want to respect this Al Sharpton. I mean, they have basically got into a literally into a garbage truck to roll around with these people. So if you're if you vote against a female, what have all the women who voted for Donald Trump? Are they misogynistic or are they misogynistic and racist? What about black women who voted for Donald Trump? Are they misogynistic and racist? I'm sure Al Sharpton thinks. So this is nuts. Let's go to Alex in Stowton. Alex next on Nightside. How are you.
Speaker 5: I'm doing well, and I really just wanted to talk about, you know, human rights. I know I called a few days ago, and human rights is always my number one thing, you know, I think specifically Democrats and Republicans all of these issues, especially you know, say, immigration right is an issue that I think on face value, anyone in this country would say there is a big problem with how you know, how many immigrants we have coming into this country. But if it's presented in a way like say Donald Trump saying you know they're eating the cats and dogs. Right for saying they and calling a large group of people Haitians, saying that they are committing a moral wrong, then that's a racist belief. And unfortunately it's hard to separate the racism and the sexism and you know, all of these really huge negatives.
Speaker 2: I would say, would I would just say that I would characterize it as an insane belief in that I don't understand why. And I criticized if you listen to my show, I criticized Donald Trump from that night when he raised it during the debate with Vice President Harris. It was insane. There was no proof of it whatsoever. I mean, he might have been saying that there were he could have been saying that there are aliens who have landed in Springfield, Ohio, and they are eating cats and dogs. I mean, it was.
Speaker 5: Insane, absolutely, And like I said, it's hard to you know, if somebody is on one side or the other. Here on the left, you're hearing a lot of people on the right saying some things that are, you know, extremely racist, and it might not be outright racism, but it might be you know, dog whistling. Right. And then on the right, you have people who you know might not necessarily be themselves racist, but support the underlying policy. So if you're on the right and you say, you know what, yeah, we do need immigration reform, and then you listen to a lot of these politicians and you might say something that's a little bit off color in front of somebody who's on the left and on the left, well then they get upset because it's a you know, racist, it's you know, whatever it is.
Speaker 2: And so I think on the left, you something if you want to talk about racism in this country. Okay, there's racism on both sides. Okay. There are people who look at other people other people differently, okay, and it's sometimes it's it's a question if they don't know the other the other person, or they have some suspicions or whatever. But I think when you start throwing labels, and I'm not accusing you of this, but when you start throwing labels around, whether from the Democrats you're calling Donald Trump hitler, I mean, I don't know how much woe where you can go to call someone hitler.
Speaker 5: I think just a little bit of listening and understanding from both sides, where you know, if somebody says something that you know like that. It can be on the left or the right, it can be from any one of any lot in life. It doesn't matter who you are. But if you say something that's you know, racist or sexist and called out, there needs to be a little bit on the other side of understanding of hey, maybe that is racist or sexist. But I think there's been a lot of name calling both ways, and so everyone sort of setting there, well, no, you're dumb, No, you're dumb, instead of listening and saying well, no.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying is when you start, when you start invoking. Look, there was a guy in this you're you're much too young to remember, but there was a guy from Wisconsin in the nineteen fifties. His name was Joe McCarthy. Okay, he was a senator. He was a Republican senator, and he led well at that time, was called the Red Scare, uh, And he would accuse people who were working in Hollywood of being communists. And they the left often now turns around and uses that same tactic and and calls conservatives racists, okay because they are not in favor of open borders, because then they're they're they're opposed to brown people coming in, and you know they make that argument. Look, when you start calling someone a name, it's like if if I say, Alex, there used to be a strip joint in Stoughton which was named Alex. Did you know that?
Speaker 5: By the way, Oh I drove by it all the time?
Speaker 2: The okay, okay, cool. So So if I said, well, Alex, I assume because you're named Alex and you come from Stoughton, you must be some sort of a weirdo that's going in and and and and and subjecting these poor women to humility, to humiliation. I mean, it's like, how do you say, how do you disprove that? All I'm just saying is that there's too much of this going back and forth and people need to as they say, even tonight, I'm trying to say, look, Joe Biden did the right thing today. Okay, you don't have to like Joe Biden to acknowledge that exactly.
Speaker 5: Both candidates on both sides do good things, you know, and I think just listening to both and saying hey, this is a good thing, this is a bad thing, and you know, if you want to call out the bad thing, okay, but do that with kindness and understanding. I think we get a lot.
Speaker 2: And the other thing, too, is that more than fifty percent of the country have voted for Donald Trump to be president. To me, it's it's an amazing political reformation, renaissance, whatever you want to call it. I never thought and I've said it, so I've said it. I'm going to own it that I did not think he was capable of winning a one on one election after twenty twenty. But look, I was wrong on that. It's he's now the president elected. Guess what, he's the president of everybody in the country. You don't have to like him, but don't tell me that he's not your president anymore than people were telling me that Joe Biden wasn't their president. Wasn't their president anyway, Alex, I will let you run.
Speaker 10: Always the pleasure.
Speaker 2: It was nice to talk with you. Thank you much. Let's keep rolling here. We're gonna get who's up next? Terry down the cape. Terry, you were next on nightside.
Speaker 11: Welcome, Hi, Dan, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm okay, Terry? What's going on with you tonight?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 11: Dan, I did not win the tote bag. I want to get that right out of the way.
Speaker 2: Well we do. We still don't know who won the tote.
Speaker 11: Bag, so I'm sure I did not.
Speaker 2: Well you you said Harris would win. I know that we will announce the winner once Nevada and Arizona are called. But you know there'll be out there.
Speaker 11: Okay, I didn't win. I can take myself out of the mix. But honestly, I'm an independent, and I want you to understand that I vote for either side. I vote for the person, not so much the party. Okay, the system worked. Everybody that went out to vote. Congratulations, I am very happy all of you exercised your civic duty. The results are the results. Someone wins, someone loses. You may not get the person you want to win, but you will accept the fact that the people have voted the person they wanted. There are no court system involved here. There's no fraud. There's no reason for attneys to be lined up with the courts. The election happened, and this is the way every election should go. I am proud of the results. I wish the president elects all good health and success because we need that. Happy he's the winner, but that doesn't matter. The process works. I'm very proud of mister Biden today. She delivered a very tone, perfect civil, correct process of the transfer of power. This is how our country is supposed to work. You, regardless of how he personally feels, he is a leader and the President of the United States takes today it was his duty to do this and he did it well. He delivered it well, he was articulate, he chose the right tone, and I'm really happy about that.
Speaker 2: I share your point of view. This is this is a call that I've had a lot of criticisms tonight, which is fine. I can take the heat. But I also enjoyed your call tonight. I really did, because I think that you have reflected exactly how I feel about it. You know, and and I may be a baby step, but it's a step in the right direction.
Speaker 11: It is absolutely and we have to congratulate and we have to say thank you for taking that step, because one step reads the giant steps forward and that's where we need to go.
Speaker 2: Sounds great, Terry, I met my news break, so you couldn't have finished on on a more positive note. Thank you so much for calling, and we will talk and maybe see each other soon.
Speaker 12: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 11: Day and have a good night you too.
Speaker 2: Terry, have a great one, ye Banks, Bye bye. Okay, let's keep rolling here. We have the news I got Gary Will frank Rick coming up only line open six, one, seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. We're gonna pick the pace up a little bit here. I want to hear from more and more people again. You can agree, you can disagree with me. I'm telling you only what I think. If I'm not authentic with you, there's no reason you should listen to me. Okay, I'm telling you how I feel. I may feel differently if Joe Biden does something that I disagree with, I will tell you that. But I thought today he did the right thing. And as Terry said, I thought he did it well. It probably wasn't an easy thing for him to do, but he did the right thing. We'll be back on Nightside right after the news at the bottom of the.
Speaker 1: Hour Night Side with Dan Ray. I'm telling you, bes boss in this news radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, We're gonna go to Will on Long Island. Will welcome. How are you, sir?
Speaker 8: Well? You know how I'm doing. I'm doing fantastic. I bet you don't need Yeah, I don't need a therapy dog or a plato or I don't need any uh, you know, hoggin DAWs and and hide in my room and cry and put messages on Facebook that I need a hug.
Speaker 2: Okay, I hadn't seen anyone doing that this time. I know there was some people in it who were having a tough time, but.
Speaker 8: Go ahead doing it like crazy. But either way, because when the last election happened, and obviously you've heard me complain about that for the past four years. When the last election happened, I said to myself, my god, I can't believe how many crazy people I live around in this country that would vote for a guy that's obviously cognitively declined. And I just went to work the next day. Right, I wasn't gonna I was just gonna go do what I but I gotta.
Speaker 2: Be honest with you, will help me out here. I saw a little bit of a couple of little, minor demonstrations, like one in Seattle, one in Portland. You'd expect that. I haven't seen much. And I think that what Biden did today probably you know what.
Speaker 8: Let's get to what Biden. Let's get to what. Right, I'm just talking about what we're seeing on you know, on social media, and all the people that I know and all the I live in New York.
Speaker 6: I live in a bastion of left.
Speaker 8: Wing lunacy like you do, Okay, where he's were. No matter how bad a Democrat candidate is, they're getting sixty to seventy percent of the vote regardless, just because we we.
Speaker 2: Well, look we're talking past each other here. What I'm saying to you is that this election went pretty smoothly. It is decisive. Trump won the electoral vote. He's also apparently going to win the popular vote. Harris has conceded, President Biden has invited. It's it all seems very normal right now, and I'm just trying to say, let's let's let's enjoy being normal. That's all upset about people.
Speaker 8: Well, first off, first off, I was just talking about the people that I know personally, Okay, but more importantly, yeah, let's enjoy the normalcy while we wait for the other shoe to drop. What type of impeachment they're going to try to pull, or what type of nonsense that they're going I.
Speaker 2: Don't think, I don't. I Look, if they pull that, then you deal with it. But but look, what are they how are they going to repeach him because he gave a bad inaugural address? He's the president, Like, you can't impeach a president elect. You know that.
Speaker 8: Jamie Raskin and all these people are already plotting what they're going to do. Okay, something's coming up, So I'll save that for a conversation we'll have next year when something comes up.
Speaker 2: Ridiculous when something gets up, and let's okay, but it's like you said, guess what a spaceship might land next month, but I don't want to talk about it until it actually lands.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, right, and it's a certain But I'll say this as far as Biden's speech today, Okay, pardon me if I seem a little bit untrustworthy about your newfound you know, uh niceties that you have to say. Okay, when you just said the same thing when the guy got shot, and then fifteen minutes later, like some type of schizophrenic, you were talking about how he's evil and he's a Nazi.
Speaker 13: Okay.
Speaker 8: Maybe Kamala Harris and the Democrats got the message that they lost this election because we're sick of being called Nazis. I mean, the man's granddaughters are literally Jewish, his daughter's Jewish, his son in law is Jewish. And you're out there saying, and I.
Speaker 2: Think the majority of the American people to vote reflects that. I don't think the majority of American people said ligit like the Nazi, that would be great. He's right.
Speaker 8: I think that America saw through the rhetoric, and I think it didn't work.
Speaker 2: I think I just celebrate the fact that it didn't work. Ye here's the thing. Say this. Hold on for a second, Okay, hold on for a second. The only thing worse than a sore loser in my opinion, will it's a sure winner. Don't be a soure winner. Take your victory, enjoy it, and.
Speaker 10: Let's hold you know, then, let's somehow you think that I think this is somehow you think that I think this is some type of victory For me, This was a choice between.
Speaker 8: Shooting yourself in the head or in the foot. I think maybe you have my support for Trump confused with something that I did, like this is a wonderful day for me. No, this is at what.
Speaker 2: Would have been better? Will what would have been better in your opinion Trump winning or Harris winning?
Speaker 8: Obviously Harris winning was not an option for me or I would.
Speaker 2: So therefore, can you take the victory either take the voting for Can you.
Speaker 10: Take the victory.
Speaker 2: Can you take the victory and at least for a couple of days, be happy about it. Can you say to yourself, gee, I might have just sat in the in the White House and powdered, but he came out and he gave a pretty good presentation today.
Speaker 8: It's just unhappy that I'm unhappy that I live in a country that gives you two choices, and these are the two choices. That's really what I'm unhappy about it. I'm unhappy.
Speaker 2: There's a bunch of countries around the world world. There's a bunch of countries around the world where there's only one choice. But there's also a bunch of countries around the world, including Israel and many of the Western democracies in Europe, as you know, who give you seven or eight choices in the ballot, and they have to have coalition governments and then they have snap elections, parliamentary governments. You're smart, you know all that stuff.
Speaker 4: But I like it also has four years.
Speaker 8: I've also seen countries like where my wife is from, who's a naturalized citizen in Colombia, what a lot of people consider almost to be a third world country, certainly not the first world nation that literally put several parties on the ballot. And if nobody gets fifty percent of the vote and the top two run off at the end, at least I get to hear ideas from everybody.
Speaker 4: I might not agree with.
Speaker 2: A cos that's called rink. That's called rink choice voting. That's what what the left is trying to impose in America. Well, I got a pack lines. We've done about seven minutes, so I'm gonna let you run for now. You're always a challenging caller, but we're just gonna agree to disagree in this one tonight.
Speaker 6: Fair enough, Yeah, fair enough.
Speaker 8: I'm just never gonna be happy.
Speaker 2: I guess all right, I want you to be happy. I really do talk to you later. Good night. All right, let's keep let's keep rolling here, Gary and Wilburn. Gary, go right ahead.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna take.
Speaker 4: The election process.
Speaker 2: Garry. You're kind of you. You're really muffled here. Gary. I don't know if you're underwater or if you got a bad microphone. You better Yeah, what what? What did you do to improve it.
Speaker 6: Okay, I move position. I was scared death of the election of Paris winning. I was really scarce of that. I was sick to my stomach. When I knew Trump won, I was like to relieve, and I you know, it's like happy days here again. Macedonmois the man who saw tomorrow. My questions to you, because that's smarter than I am. He'll eventually be sitting down with Putin, I would think, with a handshake and in the government. Excuse me, the American people will be mad as hell. In my opinion, he's going to go back to doing business with Russia with oil, and sanctions will be lifted, and there's gonna be a packed in agreement with a treaty no more war. And then the other part of it is you stay out of be Ran as we're protecting Israel.
Speaker 14: Agree or disagree, probably agree in some part, disagree, and so some some other part the idea of the pack no more war, Neville Chambers improves out in nineteen thirty nine, that's not possible when he had that packed with Hitler. Do I think that he'll sit down at some point with Putin?
Speaker 2: Yes? Do I think that some of the sanctions might be listed, yes, but I also think that he's going to get some commit means from Putin. I think it's possible that he may be able to sit with Putin and uh and calm the situation down in Ukraine. Look, I'm trying to be optimistic for tonight, that's all. I When he went and visited with Kim Jong un, I think it's better that he's talking to that that that that roly poly leader of North Korea who has some nuclear missiles than not talking to him. So you know he is he he's an idiosyncreous. He has some idiosyncrasies as a as a as a president, and he's going to be criticized for it. But let's see how he does. Let's give him a chance.
Speaker 6: He's he's no money to Ukraine, right, and my question is Ukraine, how is that country going to be built up? Is it going to be coming from all of Europe with that money? Because you know what's gonna end up happen. It's gonna be a slow No.
Speaker 2: I would think he's in the past. He's pushing Ado for money. We'll we'll have to see. I mean, uh, it's it's going to be a different approach. Today, Zelensky actually said some nice things about Trump, which kind of surprised me, because if I was Zelensky, I'd be a little a little cat, a little cautious. But hey, you know, things, stranger things have happened. I'm an optimist. I'm trying to be an optimist.
Speaker 6: Joints winning. And how about Chris?
Speaker 2: What I had Chris on the other night? What about Christ He just turned fifty on Tuesday night?
Speaker 6: Is he happy about Trump winning? And you happy about it?
Speaker 2: Yes? Uh, yeah, I think that. No, I do not disclose who I vote for, because that's not my job. When I look at a choice between Harris and Trump, I look at issues, and there's a lot of issues that I'm I'm pleased that that are going to go in the right direction. By the way. I've talked with some Democratic leaders, uh in the last few days, and many of them have said to me, we lost our way. We lost our way as a party. We lost our way because we decided to support boys playing on girls' sports teams in high school. We lost our way because we'd said to kids who were seven or eight years old, you go to your teacher, you go to your doctor and you want some sort of transgender surgery. The Paris are going to be kept out of it. That was said to me by liberal Democrats. Okay, not going to tell you who, but that was said to me by liberal Democrats. I think the Democrats kind of went over the edge. And I think that the Democrats are going to probably have to have some of these serious conversations internally about which way the party, their party is going to go.
Speaker 6: You always want something on the Dan ratio. You are follow Christmas, Thanks.
Speaker 2: Man, talk to you soon. Okay, good night, right, let me get Rick and Merrimack. Rick, you're next on nightside. Go right ahead. You're on your best behavior, I hope.
Speaker 15: Go ahead, Rick, Wow, you get a good memory. I can't believe it. I am on my best behavior.
Speaker 2: Go right ahead, Yes, sir, I'm here.
Speaker 15: Yeah, Well, all one, I apologize for being drug last year. I don't know what I said, but I'm sure it wasn't good.
Speaker 2: What wasn't good? But we're giving you a second. You're getting a rare second opportunity. What's your take on this? Rick? Go ahead?
Speaker 15: A lot of people are very skeptical and negative about it, but you're going to give the president a credit for he he spoke very well. What more could you ask for? I mean, he sounded down on earth, and I don't know, like you said, there's some bad losers out there, and he was that last guy that was the bad loser versus the lady before that. She summed it up, well, those were two extremes of total positive and total the other way.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Well, the thing I said that everybody's welcome here on night side, you know, as long as they're under control. And uh and and the point that that I think that you and I agree on is with the like Joe Biden or not, he did what a president of the United States should do tonight, and he did. He was He's going to welcome to the White House someone who refused to welcome him. It takes it takes, you know, a person with some integrity to do that. I thought, you know, in retrospect, the Democrats must be saying to themselves, did we do the right thing in moving him off the stage? I mean, I can just imagine what do you think it was like on election night in the Lincoln bedroom when Joe and Joe Biden was sitting there look looking at those results come in. I mean, I don't think Joe Biden Jill wanted her husband to walk away. I think she likes being in the White House and she may get some invitations to stop by for a visit, but she won't be sleeping in the Lincoln bedroom. If you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 15: Well, yes, this is true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, it's just yeah.
Speaker 15: People need to calm down most of all. And I don't know if they have a will, but hey whatever, I.
Speaker 2: Hope we can. I really do hope we can. Rick. I enjoyed the call. Thank you very much. We gambled and we won with this call. Thank you, my friend kid.
Speaker 15: Yeah, thank you for a chance to say the apology. I I'm sorry for well, I got other people apologize in life, and it takes time.
Speaker 2: So anyways, it takes it takes a big person who wish you an apology. Trust me on that, and I appreciate.
Speaker 15: Well, Hey, I had a call a lot earlier. I don't care who's listening. They can hear it. It's all there for the record.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Thanks very good night, talk, Thank you, we'll talk again.
Speaker 2: Good night. Here's a quick break coming up. We're right back after this on night Side.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan ray Line from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, we get about seven minutes left then, and got four callers. I'm going to try to get everyone in here. I hope I can do it. I'm going to ask you be as quick as you can. I'm not going to fight you. But what do you think? Frank and Boston next on Nightside?
Speaker 13: Go ahead, Frank, Hey, sir, I'm glad to hear that. I hear mister President Biden's speech, but I'm glad that it was conciliatory like that, which shows just how much of a difference he supposed uh with their losses compared to the other ones. And also, I.
Speaker 2: Agree with the first part of the statement. I disagree with the second part of the statement. But god, it's like I think you give you can give credit to Biden without criticizing other people. But but that's your that's your opinion. You go right ahead.
Speaker 13: And also could I'm really upset, well not upset, but the Democrats shouldn't be midpicking this thing. Everything was done just like they should have. It wasn't Democrats who failed, It was the populace who failed. And unfortunately, I'm surprised that since they were so upset about the economy that they and go and go one step further and kick their senators and their reps and their governors out of office, because if the economy is so bad that they.
Speaker 6: Have they have a part to play in that badness.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a bunch of US senators a Bob Casey from Pennsylvania, Sheriff Brown from Ohio, and John John.
Speaker 13: What about the son.
Speaker 6: Of a job in the Midwest ones? What about them?
Speaker 13: Especially the South? The South has been depressed for centuries and they still elected the same people, and they got a nerve to say, you know, President Biden, h gave us a bad economy.
Speaker 2: Okay, the economy has been good for you, Frank. I'm happy for you and your in yours, But the majority of America people see it differently. Frank, I got to run because they got others here who I got to get in in line as well. I hope you Gil, you got your point, mate, Thank you much. John and Drake and John you gotta be quick for me, please, John.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, no problem, Dan, Listen.
Speaker 13: I think that President Biden did the right thing by doing that inviting him to the White House.
Speaker 8: I think he's gonna ask him if he'll pardon Hunted.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that. I think I suggested last might be a gesture that it would be a gesture that that Trump might want to make. I mean, Trump has known the having the sort of damnicles holding over his head. Maybe he may want to may want to offer that. I don't know.
Speaker 8: Well, he'll offer that, and then Biden can offer him to be party, So it'd be like a.
Speaker 2: Trump's gonna be able to pardon himself if there want. The Feds are walking away today, they're they're wrapping the lawsuits, the federal lawsuits. The only one who's hanging in there was the Age in New York, Letitia James. Uh, she's not gonna quid.
Speaker 8: Well, he's gonna push out aside.
Speaker 12: That'll that'll go out with the with the laundry.
Speaker 8: But yeah, I want to jump.
Speaker 4: They're real quickly. No, thanks for.
Speaker 2: Thanks, John, appreciate it. Here we go Rachel and Quincy. Rachel you were next. You gotta be quick for me. Rachel, you're late.
Speaker 16: Get I am absolutely dance. Thank you for allowing me to come in and I'm going back to a comment that one of your callers made saying that the country would be back together if we had another nine to eleven. How dare him say that?
Speaker 2: Well, I think what he was saying was that when a crisis occurs like Pearl Harbor or nine to eleven or the Kennedy assassination, what he was saying was that's when we do come together, and unfortunately we don't stay together. I think that his comment that was Warren, and I know Warren very well. I knew exactly what he meant by it, and he was not being He was not in any way shape or for him hoping for a nine to eleven. Trust me on that. I know him too well.
Speaker 6: Okay, thank you, and all right, that is amazing.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks, thanks for you, appreciate it. Have a great one, John Brookline, Johnny, get to wrap the night and wrap the hour for us.
Speaker 12: Hey, Dan, thanks for taking the call. I just want to quickly say about the Democrats bringing this to their own misery. You know, you're absolutely right about the transgender rights and all that, and I mean that sincerely. I have no issues. They can do whatever they want in their closed doors, in their own room. But trying to shove it down everybody's throat that you know, teaching our kids in school and all of that, that's just way beyond everybody's liking. And I just want to say one more thing about the politics in general. As long as there are groups that they can support, like a pack packages where they can give millions of dollars to these congressmans and stuff, nothing is going to change in this country. They need to stop this you know thing of donating, you know, giving money to these congress people and senators and so sporting, and that includes everybody. No foreign country should be allowed to put money into our politicians pocket.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think foreign I don't think foreign countries are allowed to put money into politicians pockets.
Speaker 12: Is an Israel given millions of dollars.
Speaker 2: To Nope, Nope, there there's a there's a group which is a pack, but it's not supported by foreign money. There's a lot of foreign money that goes into colleges in this country and universities, which has had a deleterious effect. But whoever, the money dan from Americans.
Speaker 12: From Americas.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Also, Israel is not is not given money towards it is the Jewish.
Speaker 2: Not giving money that's going to American politicians. That would be illegal. John. We can talk about that more at length, but I'm flat out of time for tonight. I appreciate you taking the time. We'll talk again. Thank you. Have a great name.
Speaker 6: Good night.
Speaker 2: All right, let me Rob take that one down. I'm gonna wrap it up here. Thanks everybody for calling, Thanks everyone for listening. Rob. Great job, Marita, great job. Back tomorrow night. I want to thank Phil Tracy was with us early tonight. Karen Reid Case. My name's Dan Ray. I will be on Facebook nice out with Dan Ray in just a couple of minutes. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's why Pelle Charlie Ray is who passed fourteen years ago in February. That's where all your pets are who were passed. They loved you, and you love them, and I do believe you'll see them again. See again tomorrow night on nightside. Everyone. Have a great Friday. Everyone,