Speaker 1: Yet you need advice, so you don't have.
Speaker 2: Come running.
Speaker 3: Just as fast as we can, Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 4: Man, This is the Troubleshooter Show. Now Tom Martino, Hey, Tom Martino here, welcome to the show, and we are here to help you solve problems, answer questions, to take complaints, make your life a little easier. There's Marky Pooh at the bottom right of your screen if you're streaming us, is a fellow garbage. Hey, fellow garbage. Oh he starts right out. My god. Anyway, welcome fellow garbage and listen. Speaking of and by the way, there's a lot of election there's We're not when I talk elections and policies, I'm not talking about people here.
Speaker 5: Mark.
Speaker 4: I'll leave that to Mark. But the Supreme Court did do something that was courageous at the last minute. They cleared the way for Virginia to block those sixteen hundred non citizens from the voter rolls. These people were admittedly not citizens, they registered, the state took them off the voting roles. Democrats took the state to court, claiming that they should be able to vote. And you can't make this crap up. The federal government the federal judge said, yes, you must put them back on the voting roles, even though they are illegal. One of the things he cited was it's too soon to the election, it's within ninety days or whatever. I don't know, some rule he had in his brain. Then the governor took some emergency action. They took that. They took it to the Supreme Court, who reversed that decision. Now what they did say is they will be taken off the voter rolls and then the matter will be taken up after the election. So what I don't understand is, let's say the election came down to these votes, sixteen hundred votes, could you imagine, and then the Supreme Court has to decide after the election if they're going to count those votes. They did a movie one time. I don't know if you ever saw this where one guy was the deciding vote for some reason, it was it was a movie you look at up, Oh.
Speaker 5: I saw that.
Speaker 6: I think it was that dude in Canada. I forget the actors.
Speaker 4: I remember Kevin Costner one vote. I don't know how they wrote that scenario, but they did so. I do remember that. Hey, what did you think was it?
Speaker 6: Julia Roberts that came out in the commercial for Kala that says, if you're a woman, just vote for Harris and lie to your husband about it. It is the craziest commercial I have ever heard. I got to say this, if you've got to lie to your spouse about who you're voting for, I would say your marriage has much bigger problems than the voting itself.
Speaker 4: So that's a good point. The Supreme Court did, though, say you take them off the rolls. But around the country this is what I don't understand. And maybe a registered Democrat And by the way, if you call an all mute mark because he will, I want you to tell me why you believe the official it seems to be the official stance because around the country they're fighting to prevent identification at the polls and to allow non citizens to vote.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, I mean that's exactly why they open the border. I mean, everybody knows that time there's no this isn't someone.
Speaker 4: But I want to know why.
Speaker 5: I want.
Speaker 4: I want a Democrat to call, with all due respect I will give them, and I, honest to God, want them to tell me why they believe non citizens should vote. I really want them to tell me. Now, by the way, I have some.
Speaker 6: Other Democrats and Republicans, everybody included in the country. Eighty three percent believe you should be a citizen in.
Speaker 4: Order to vote and we should have strong But the ones fighting against it are exclusively the ones fighting for non citizens to vote are exclusively Democrats. Where there are the squad people, Man, it's the people. So it's you're saying, it's even a minority of the Demo.
Speaker 6: It's a very small minority of the Democrat Okay, good, it's.
Speaker 4: Not fair to them all. No, good, good, Okay, yes, Doc, And I want to go to the calls, Wilburt, Caitlin, Dan, go ahead.
Speaker 7: When we get a chance.
Speaker 8: You need to talk about the ballots and how difficult it is to understand the proposition.
Speaker 4: I want to go. I want to go through those amendments because and propositions, because those are the ones where you know, whether you're a Democrat or Republican, you want what's best, you think. So we're going to go through that, and it's not personality based. Let's talk to you first about your power steering issue from yesterday, Wilbert, what's going on, sir, Hey, tom As. I remember Sheridan Auto Tech was going to take a look at it for you. You got a power steering went out in the twenty twelve Chevy Malibu. You took it to a shop. It's been there three weeks. They're claiming they have to reprogram this uh steering, the steering module they put in go ahead, okay.
Speaker 2: So so so I called them yesterday and I said, this is Wilburt with the Chevy mellible, what what is the situation with my car? And they said, well, we's the graviy. We were very sorry. We couldn't really repair your car and the parts that we put on there to fix it, it wasn't it wasn't registering right, or it wasn't it was.
Speaker 4: They're just what I think they're lying to you because they they they did a wall job on you. That's where they park it up against the wall, and they forgot about it. So are you gonna pick it up?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So so they told me, well you can pick it up today, And before I hung up, they told me, well just yesterday you can pick it up tomorrow. We'll put it back together and you can pick it up. So it's probably something you have to take to the to the dealer.
Speaker 4: You can take to Kevin Caulkin. Share it an auto tech? Really? Sare He came on and said, look Tom, this is routine. I know what it is. And he said, I'll even take a look at it free of charge. He's on Colfax West wads Worth three oh three four five five seventy forty two. So what about it?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll take I'll take it there. And then then I said, then before I hung up, I said, you're not gonna charge me for this? W are you? And then the guy said, well, uh, we put a lot of work up to that car, sir, but you're gonna have to take that up with the owner.
Speaker 4: Oh come on, man, Oh are you kidding me? They didn't repair it, They put a lot of work into it, and they didn't do it right, and they want to charge you. I doubt that. What's the name of the shop.
Speaker 2: It's called Auto Tick.
Speaker 4: Auto Tech? And where is that is that on a rapp a ho?
Speaker 2: No, it's on it's on Uh, it's in Aurora.
Speaker 4: Do they spell that T E K? Do they spell that T E K?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 2: I think K yeah auto something like that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, T I think, I think, I know. Listen, you call us back please and let us know what's going on with that one three h three seven one three A two five five Caitlin, an issue with a car dealership? What's going on with you? Caitlin. Welcome to the show. Hi, what's going on? Yes, Caitlin, what's happening? Hi?
Speaker 10: So I I have a really bad situation with a car dealer.
Speaker 4: What happened? So?
Speaker 10: I actually I currently would in Montana. I'm from Colorado and I had a friend going down to Salt Lake City, and so I went down there to look at this one car I'd seen on Facebook Marketplace and I had even pulled them when I was there. You know, so my dad was killed in Afghanistan. It was back in twenty eleven. And I told them that, you know, I'm hoping just for transparency, you know, like on the vehicle, and they ended up I realized afterwards taking advantage of me. It was soon after I purchased the vile.
Speaker 4: What did you look at? What did you look at in Salt Lake City? What kind of car?
Speaker 10: It's a two thousand and eight Honda CRV one hundred and I had like around one hundred and thirty four thousand miles on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's you're always going to have trouble. You're always going to have trouble. Over one hundred thousand, it's not if you will have trouble. It may not be serious, but you're going to have trouble. And over one fifty you're going to have serious problems. In over two hundred, the car's going to be trashed no matter what. I don't care where you buy it. One in a hundred, no, one in maybe a thousand might turn out not that way. So here's what I want to know.
Speaker 11: Did you have it.
Speaker 4: Checked out by a shop while you were there in Salt Lake City?
Speaker 10: They had told me that they had it checked out by a shop, and that they were telling me what the shop had said.
Speaker 4: Oh come on, so okay, tell me what happened. Did you buy it and take it home to Montana?
Speaker 12: I did?
Speaker 10: And so what I'm saying is, as I was driving it back to Montana, then I guess they must have cleared the dashlights. So these dash lights came on. I took it to a shop up here. They said the car is actually completely unsafe to drive. The air bag system needs replaced and the seat belt doesn't work, so they had previously deployed. I looked up car facts and everything, and I had actually asked them even in writing about if that was repaired, and they said it was. But it's over three thousand dollars to fix.
Speaker 4: What did you pay for the car?
Speaker 10: Seventy seventy five hundred plus a four ninety nine dealer fee.
Speaker 4: It was a dealer you went to. Yeah, you went to a dealer and okay, so and when you were driving home, which lights.
Speaker 10: Came on, the tire light and the airbag light?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 10: And I had something specifically about the airbag and he told me that the airback system was fine.
Speaker 4: I know, but okay, So here's what's going to happen, and you're going to see it on your contract. We're going to if we call the dealer for you and say why did you do this to Caitlin, you told her she specifically asked about the airbag light. She specifically asked about this, She specifically asked about that, And they're going to say, no, she didn't. That's either that's one or they're going to say, well, we thought it was okay, that would have been acceptable to either one of those, or they might say, have her look at the contract for the two words as is, did you see those words on your contract?
Speaker 13: I did.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But the purpose of this call is not to make you feel bad, Caitlin. It's to let everyone know the common mistakes we hear every single day on buying a used car. Now, if it's going to cost three grand, are you sure you're not being taken advantage of Did you get someone to truly look at that car? And did you get a second opinion?
Speaker 10: I went to two different mechanics.
Speaker 4: So had you done that in Salt Lake, there's a good chance you would have found this out before you bought it.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 10: The issue was I was in a rush because my friends needed to leave out of Salt Lake pretty quickly, so she needed to know whether or not she could drop me off or not. So I had and I had a shorter time.
Speaker 4: To and you drove it home. How is it running right now?
Speaker 10: So I also need to get yeah, new tires on it?
Speaker 4: Which well tires then also.
Speaker 10: Like a stab, Yeah, a stabilizer I need to get fixed as well. And there were a couple of things I knew I was going to need to get fixed on it.
Speaker 4: You need. Here's what you need to do. At this point, you're not going to the name of the dealer down there. Who is it?
Speaker 10: It's right Auto Sales.
Speaker 4: And w w R or R I g h T. Yeah, w R I g h T w R I write auto sales and did you call them? Hold on, let me take a break. I want to know what they told you. Let's see what we can find out or do, or any recommendations we might have for you. By the way, I'm really sorry your dad was killed in action, Very very sorry. I didn't want to gloss over that. We'll be back with more on The Troubleshooter Show. Three oh three seven one three Talks seven one three eight two five five eight eight eight Heating dot Com The Extreme Clean Get it Done, the Extreme Clean. They will do your deep clean for forty five bucks. You know, I tout these cleanings only from a couple companies that truly get the dirt out. Eight eight eight Heating dot Com. Also, we have a Redrocks roof and solar with us. If you get a solar system and you have eight eight eight heating, do one of these systems for you. You can actually put that in the whole total for a tax credit eight eight eight heating dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Paying too much your coverage at dozens of it insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter. Three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Waterpros dot net The best water systems, the lowest prices, and I mean that right now. The best holiday offer till the end of the year thirty one ninety five for both reverse osmosis drinking water and water softening the whole house for water softening and reverse hospmosis at the kitchen sink for drinking. The best deal ever anywhere in the marketplace thirty one ninety five. Plumbers can't touch it for twelve grand three oh three eight six two five five five four eight six two five five five four waterpros dot net. Now, Mark as you see on the screen here, if you're street streaming or downloading, Hello downloaders, and also if you are he's feeding us some video there. I'm going to transition to a full screen. It's a chart, and Mark walk us through it. Is Mark there, walk us through it. I don't hear him. Am I disconnected? Or what I think he might have? Okay, I sipped away. Okay, Well we have a chart there on bataground states and I can't. I can't decipher it live on the air. I'm sorry about Dad. Listen small, but sorry about Dad.
Speaker 5: Listen.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, markin So basically, it's a chart from Real Clear Politics, and it goes over Arizona and the Vada, Wisconsin, all the swing states. Trump is way up in Georgia, up in Pennsylvania, up in North Carolina, up in Nevada, up in Arizona.
Speaker 4: The only thing where Harris is up.
Speaker 6: Is Michigan in Wisconsin, where she's only up.
Speaker 4: I like point two. It's pretty remarkable. It's pretty remark Okay, So Thomas let's go through when we have a chance some propositions as well. Put your camera back on. I want you to say hi to Brook Brooks here today red rocks, roof and solar. I want to ask real quick here Brook, is there any any danger of tax credits going away for solar systems? I don't think either party would ever do that. That's that's my opinion.
Speaker 14: Have you heard anything, No, Baby Bush is the one who started it in two thousand and seven, and then both parties have passed it on and Trump extended it from twenty six percent to thirty percent. So solar tax credits are pretty safe.
Speaker 4: Bet okay, cool? Do we have anything else that might be coming down the pike to make it? You said there in Denver they're actually requiring or is it Colorado for businesses to have systems new business.
Speaker 14: Yeah, Denver is requiring commercial projects, depending on the square footage size of the project, to have solar powering their business. So in twenty twenty six, twenty seven, and twenty eight, those requirements are going to be put in force. So if you don't have solar and you've got a commercial building in Denver.
Speaker 4: Even retroactively, or is that only new business any any building? Wow, crap mark, did you know that that's any building?
Speaker 14: I did Denver re energize.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, initiative. Let's go to the phones. Three oh three seven one three talk and So, Caitlin, you bought a car in Monte you live in Montana. You went to Salt Lake City, Facebook marketplace, right Auto Sales to look at a two thousand and eight Honda CRV one hundred and thirty four thousand miles seventy five hundred bucks. It's going to cost you now three grand or more to fix it. When she bought it, she was assured certain things. Of course, none of that matters. It's as Is, Caitlin. Wait, just for the hell of it, did you call the dealer back?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 10: I had spoken to him last week on the phone. This was when I got before.
Speaker 4: What did they say, Let's just let's just let's just talk about what they said? What what did they say?
Speaker 13: He was extreme?
Speaker 10: He was just terrible to deal with. He was really Bruis started yelling at me on the phone.
Speaker 4: And did he say, as is saying that he's.
Speaker 10: He's saying, I'm trying.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 10: He was like, you know, I'm trying to work with you. I'm trying to work with you.
Speaker 4: Oh what does that mean? Okay, so what does that mean? I'm trying to work with you exactly? Yeah, well what does it mean anything?
Speaker 14: He did?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 4: Listen, I want deputy. I want deputy Deputy Bows in the studio. Deputy Bow, you want to make a quick call the dealership.
Speaker 7: I have nothing.
Speaker 4: I don't know what. Okay, whoever you want, Caitlin, I don't know what we can do, but we can give him a call. Meanwhile, when you're in a situation like this, did you pay for this car in full?
Speaker 15: I did?
Speaker 4: I did? Okay. When you're in a situation like this, sometimes it's not ideal. But sometimes what you do is you go to a reputable dealer and you say, please go through this with a fine tooth comb and tell me what I need to do to make it safe and reliable, including fluids, belts, hoses and everything. Now, I know this sounds terrible, but let's say you come up with and we did the math once already with this when I had a car expert in and it's it's called taking the sting out of a mistake. So let's say that car. What year is it? Did you say it's a eight? So even though it's an O eight, if you and it's a Honda CRB. So let's say there's no major problems and you can fix that up for even four or five thousand. Now that's terrible, that's unheard of. But if you could get a loan and do it, or even do it over a three year period, you know, invest a little out of time as you have it, you may be better off than trying to get rid of it and losing money and then trying to get something else. What I mean is you could actually make it. Unless it is a major piece of crap, you can maybe salvage the deal, but you'll be in it for more money, but it'll be at least a car that you know is dependable because you did the work. So that is a glimmer of hope. Now, so my question is it a total piece of crap significantly tarnished? I don't think so.
Speaker 10: I mean, other things mechanically seem okay with it. It's just the airbags and the seat bell at this point, better than me.
Speaker 4: What's how's the body would be?
Speaker 10: It's it's fine, there's no rest you know, everything that I could check out myself seemed fine. The brakes are fine, okay, so everything.
Speaker 2: Else is fine.
Speaker 4: This is I'm going to have bow see if they would chip in anything at all or do anything for you at all, if they would rescind the deal. Fine. But but if you can make a car okay and it'll last you, it might be worth doing a credit card or do it you know now and then, Like I said, you don't have to do everything at once, but you do the most critical stuff and you finance it and just pay it off as soon as possible. And that's the best advice. But right now, bo, let's see what they say to you. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Dad? What is your issue with Century Linked to what's going on?
Speaker 16: Yes, sir link, I'm moving.
Speaker 13: I told my house about a new house. They don't have comcasts. The only the only thing we could use for internet. There're a century Link.
Speaker 4: I love, I love Centry Link.
Speaker 13: Yeah, so I'm fine.
Speaker 14: So potentially they can sell my internet until January.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 13: And I uh, you have a five G Do you have.
Speaker 4: A five G phone?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You know you can take that five G phone with a hotspot and it's pretty damn good.
Speaker 13: Yeah. What about my television?
Speaker 4: You can actually run it? I've done it. I mean you actually can. You can? You can do a hotspot when run through a hotspot?
Speaker 11: So fast?
Speaker 13: Well we have.
Speaker 4: You have true? You have true five G? Right?
Speaker 16: I believe shell?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Do you do you have hot spot? Do you have a hot spot on it?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 11: What I use?
Speaker 4: This is a deputy D talking now, Deputy d Okay.
Speaker 18: So I have what Verizon's Home Internet five G service and it only costs me twenty five dollars a month because I sanged up for it. At the same time I got a new phone and there is no data limit and I can stream movies without any interruption or drop in quality.
Speaker 11: It's it's amazing.
Speaker 4: What do you have?
Speaker 11: It's called Verizon.
Speaker 18: It's called Verizons five G Home Internet service, and it's like a big square antenna that I put in my window.
Speaker 2: Full.
Speaker 11: Oh it's I've used.
Speaker 18: It for three years, cost twenty five dollars a month, unlimited data.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, and for twenty five bucks a month. You like the service?
Speaker 11: I love it.
Speaker 18: I used to use a wired that could go a solution for us at the station.
Speaker 4: Mark, dude, it's it's now.
Speaker 18: If you don't have Verizon cell phone service, it's much more expensive, but it's only like eighty or ninety dollars a month. But it's twenty five bucks for me. They haven't changed the price in I would say three years that I've been using it.
Speaker 4: No, fool, Oh, it's a miracle.
Speaker 6: Has his thirty five bucks or forty nine bucks a month and it apparently it works good. I tried it at our house, but it didn't work out here.
Speaker 4: No, Mark, Now I have I have Zon Oh maybe, well, why don't you look into it?
Speaker 19: Go to their store, go to their stat They don't have home internet service in my in my area.
Speaker 11: No that doesn't sound right.
Speaker 4: Come no, no, no, that does you? Does your Verizon phone work there?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Then this will work. It will work. Look here, you talk to a moron. Oh I'm sorry. I didn't want to insult my YouTube morons. Let's they're not Where do you live?
Speaker 20: Man?
Speaker 17: Pardon?
Speaker 20: Oh?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 18: Just go to the Verizon store, not the authorized dealer, but the actual Verizon company operated store and tell them you're looking for that home Internet service box.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's the official name again what's the official name.
Speaker 18: Well, my bill it appears as Verizon Home Internet Service. That's what they call it. Yeah, they just added it. So it's twenty five dollars plus all the junk taxes. But they never changed the price I expected. Like with Quest, they used to bring my price all the time, unlimited, unlimited data.
Speaker 4: All right, So there you go, bro, just see what happens. Let us know now, Brett, I hope you can hang on. He has a comment for Caitlin. Please hang on, I got it. Take this break or I'm gonna be beat up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, I'm Tom Martino three O three seven one three talks seven one, three, eight, two, five five. Brett has a comment on Caitlin. Caitlin bought a car in Salt Lake City. She lives in Montana. She drove well, she went all the way down there to get the car. Drove at home, lights came on. She's got about three to four grand worth of work she has to do. She bought it as is, even though she says in the world things words the infamous words, and I have to do a post on this. I made it clear, or I specified, or they said or they guaranteed, blah blah blah. Go ahead, Brett.
Speaker 21: The only thing I have is if I'm not mistaken, when you put an air bag and a seatbelt with regards to the sale of the car, that becomes a a safety issue that falls back onto the dealer providing an unsafe car to put back on the road, somewhat like a service engine lightning.
Speaker 4: Okay, get okay, there are Okay. We were told a million times by Norris when he had his SOS Right, Mark, he would say that legally, you can't sell a car that is unsafe for the road, right remember that, Mark, Well, that's true. Yet we could find not one person, not one in the state, not one anywhere that would enforce it. Nor have we ever seen that law enforced anywhere at any time. So if Utah, by the way, because that's where it was, If Utah has such a law, what she needs to do is go to the Utah Attorney General or to a district attorney or someone who's going to enforce that law. And I'm going to tell you right now, no one is going to enforce the law. Now, she can enforce the law by using it. It's called negligence per se, meaning you broke the law, so you're negligent. So I'm going to sue you and use the law as my evidence. That's right, okay, So Brett, we're right back to suing you. See what I'm saying. The law makes it a little easier technically, there could be a law that says that. There could be So it's a good comment, but still puts her in a bad position. In other words, I would contend it's easier for her to make the repairs than to go through that brain damage. Where we stand with that three zero three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five, all right, I'm getting a lot of a lot of texting here and guess who it's about. Oh, it's about Mark. Okay, I'm not going to read everyone, but I'm gonna say they're eight to two in favor of everything he's saying. We must have a very conservative audience here and then it says here the one guy said. The Virginia voting situation, the Democrats extreme extreme racism shines again, like when Biden said, if you don't vote for me, you're not black. By assuming illegal aliens will vote for them, that is in itself racist. God, I have said that forever.
Speaker 6: When he told black people that they're not black if they don't vote for him, I could not believe there wasn't more of an uproar.
Speaker 4: I mean, how I hear that. I want to add and I want to hear this. I want to hear this not from any white people. I want to hear this from blacks. I want to hear this from African Americans. I want to hear this from people directly. If you can call me, do you resent when Democrats use you like a pawn, assuming if you're black, you're a Democrat, that you don't look at the issues, that you don't care about the issues that they have you in the pocket. Do you find I would find that I would be resentful for it? I want to know, boy, you would sure think so. Now I'm listening to the podcast. This is one of our many, many thousands podcasts from If the Truth be Told, more popular than all of our already has put together. I cannot believe the lies Doc and Mark are spewing. The government didn't go after Trump, you jackasses. The States did because Trump did things wrong, whether you believe they were wrong or not. It wasn't weaponizing the Justice Department. Tell the the two morons. No, I'm not going to call morons. Those are that's a badge of honor for our YouTube people. But tell these two people to get their facts straight and not spew misinformation all over the place. What a jackass? Whoever? They go, Hey, hey, jackass. What I have learned is that most people in America are stupid. There you go, Okay, so that's hey, we're just garbage floating out. Well, I'm reading these things. Man, Let's say another one here and okay, after yes, them pretty much over it?
Speaker 6: They Oh, I remember during COVID we would get those every day.
Speaker 4: Hold on, I wish you the best in your journey if you decide to fall. Oh, never mind, hold on? Is this who I think it is? Hold on? You owe us six hundred and ninety do what what is this talking about? I have? Who is this person? I'm pretty much over it. They can move forward however they want. I paid for what I got. I may have gotten a next dose or two, but I'm not paying for it. I know what I got. I didn't steal any meds. Okay, So this guy, I guess was being charged for some extra meds that he said he never got. He's not paying for him anyway. Sorry about that this one, Tom, Please please stop letting Drew on the air. He's a waste of time and no longer entertaining on that. We did that yesterday, the guy from Jersey, He's permanently banned from the show from now on. And then I was sent a YouTube of that Trump is about him pulling up in that trench. That's exactly what we were just saying. God, was that good?
Speaker 6: And then can you believe that Harris calling all of us? And you know, I realized your boss said it, but she works for him and feels the same way. But calling over half the country garbage.
Speaker 4: It's nuts. And then then they try to walk it back like he.
Speaker 6: Didn't say it, Like we're so stupid, we can't actually watch a video and hear exactly what he.
Speaker 4: Said coming out of his own mouth. They're like, no, it wasn't me. Didn't see anything here real quick. Another text, a registered electrician noticed on YouTube that my light was going on and off and then it went out. And that was an LED that I only had for I mean hundreds of hours, not thousands. It was relatively new. And they said, he said, if you change an LED bulb with the power on, that'll ruin it. Somebody else says, if it's on a dimmer circuit and you dim, even if that bulb doesn't dim, you're killing it. So thank you for all your information. People were very concerned they couldn't see my pretty face when the lights went out. So right now I don't have a Halloween costume on, so thank you for the joke I hear every year. Good costume anyway. We have more coming up on the troubleshooter sho go with a sure thing. It's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until your content wait time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi tom Archino here, three oh three seven one three talks three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the show. Three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Okay, let's go to the phones and find out what we can do for you Diana.
Speaker 14: Actually it's a Deputy Vow update.
Speaker 4: I just okay about Diana. Okay, Deputy Bow, what's going on?
Speaker 15: So this is the uh case where I went out to that condo and was able to get a hold of fire department, and the show was instrumental and rescuing this woman woman.
Speaker 4: Oh I remember. Okay, Let's explain this first and foremost. The daughter and some friends were concerned that they hadn't heard from this woman in a while, and they said they said, we can't get the police to do anything. We can't get anyone to do anything for the HA.
Speaker 15: They wouldn't they wouldn't.
Speaker 7: Allow them to call.
Speaker 4: So what made a difference when you called? Because the police weren't responding or they were coming there looking in a window or listening through the door, but they wouldn't go in. What changed?
Speaker 7: She called the show?
Speaker 15: So I believe the show is instrumental in saving this lady's life.
Speaker 4: She kin, I want to go over that coming up. We're running out of time, so hang on. I want to talk about how they broke in and what she's doing. Now, that's what I want to know about because people are asking I haven't. I'm Tom Martine. We have more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show. Three zero three seven one three eight two five five Stick around, Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Please time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two rip.
Speaker 1: You need advice so you don't have.
Speaker 4: Run anxious as can.
Speaker 11: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 2: Come man, this is.
Speaker 4: The Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martine, Hi Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one to three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five Welcome. I want to talk to uh Deputy Bow right now. I want to bring up something that happened on the show. Not long ago. A woman called and said, I'm a neighbor and I haven't seen my older neighbor in weeks. And then the daughter called and said, yeah, that's my mom. I haven't seen her, and some other people noticed they haven't seen her. They called the ror police, who went over there, but did not go through the door. They said they had no reason to, they couldn't hear anything, and so they left it. So another few days went by. They were very upset. So we had Deputy Bow, who, uh, did you call the police Bow again or did you just.
Speaker 11: Go over there?
Speaker 15: Diana called the show on September twenty third, as we got heard. Okay, so I went over there and the h away was there telling her not to get involved.
Speaker 4: I just they couldn't do.
Speaker 11: Anything to me.
Speaker 15: Did you call the police, No, I called the fire department because I'm on the show mentioned it that because I forget the fire department would be more responsive. So the person that called in gave us good advice. So they did come out, and then.
Speaker 7: They sent a rescue some a rescue.
Speaker 15: Team, and they waited around for twenty minutes, and we told him the situation, how she was making all of these calls, and then they did.
Speaker 11: They did force.
Speaker 15: Open the back door and a lady was kind of semi conscious. She was in bed with her arms folded, and then they asked us to kind of step away. They went in and they took her an ambulance to the hospital. So I called Diana the other day to follow up what happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So her name is Mary.
Speaker 15: She was in the hospital for a week and a half, extremely dehydrated. I don't know the other medical issues, and then they put her in a rehabilitation for three weeks and she just got back.
Speaker 11: I believe a couple of weeks ago, and.
Speaker 15: Aurora Social Services is coming in every day and checking on her. So I believe when Diana called the show got hold of us, she saved her life because no one was taking any action and trying to get this lady help.
Speaker 4: And thank you very much that you at least took the initiative to call the fire.
Speaker 18: I think Bo's being modest here because if it wasn't for him. I remember when he left the studio, he said, I'm going to break in and if I get arrested, So.
Speaker 4: Then he called the fire department and somebody did call it. One of the callers called in and said. One of the listeners said, you know, police may not break in, but I'll pitch you firefighters or emergency or rescue people would, and they sure as hell did well.
Speaker 15: The trouble there, The Troubleshooter Show is definitely instrumental in getting this gi.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like coordinating everything, taking the call, the listener calling in, recommending the fire department. Bo running over there. And so right now is she back at her apartment?
Speaker 15: She got back a couple of weeks ago, and social she's still I don't know her medical situation.
Speaker 7: But at least she's got help.
Speaker 15: From social services and they're going over there, I believe three times a week in checking on her.
Speaker 4: Thank you, BO appreciate that very much. Let's talk to Ronnie wants to talk about a furnace. Go ahead, Ronnie, what's happening?
Speaker 5: Hi, Tom?
Speaker 13: I have a furnace that quit working or I couldn't.
Speaker 5: Get it going.
Speaker 22: This year, I had home Smart come out because I overpaid them for years for furnace protection.
Speaker 4: Yeah, home Smart is home stupid. It should be called home stupid. Is that the Excel program? I guess.
Speaker 22: So anyways, the guy says, well, this type of furnace, it can't be repaired.
Speaker 5: It's too old.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: How old is it, by the way, how old is it?
Speaker 22: Somewhere around twenty years and it's in a cross space right.
Speaker 13: But well, if it's.
Speaker 4: Twenty years old, it may not be wise to repair. It's going to cost a lot. So what happened then?
Speaker 22: So so for the last twenty years, they've come out and serviced it every year, did a half job on that. But anyway, so the guy says that I.
Speaker 5: Can't fix it.
Speaker 22: I can't get to that thing, and I'm like, anything mechanical could be repaired to replace, right, but he says, I got to have the salesman and all he wanted to do was sell.
Speaker 13: Me a new furnace. Right, So then I.
Speaker 22: Got a second I had a second place come out and the guy said the same thing. We can't get to that the igniter. Somehow, they the way they built the furnace, that igniter is not serviceable.
Speaker 5: And then what needs a gas valve?
Speaker 4: Okay, that's not unusual for a twenty year old furnace. What happened then?
Speaker 22: So now now, so let me take a step back. The house is in probate, right, the judge gave some guy, you know, personal representatives over me, which I live in the house?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: Wait wait, wait, hold on, hold on, hold on, Ronnie, wait a minute, man, now you're really throwing a brinkle into this. Let me get this sere. Yeah, why are you just wait a second, why are you living in the house.
Speaker 22: Because it was my mom and dad bought the house thirteen years ago. My mom died right well, when she died, there was ten of her grown children living in the house, you know that lived here because of mental illness, drugs, not drugs, alcohol or alcohol?
Speaker 4: And then what happened? Okay, so walk me through it. Then happen after?
Speaker 22: So now now since the last the last ten years, nine of them have died that lived in the house.
Speaker 13: I'm the last.
Speaker 5: One, okay.
Speaker 4: But the house was never transferred to any of the siblings or you.
Speaker 22: Right, Well, they said that it was transferred to my brother Jim. But Jim can never We used to ask Jim where's the paperwork? He can never come.
Speaker 13: Up with it.
Speaker 4: And then Jim did Jim die?
Speaker 22: Yeah, Jim died, and three weeks ago I came across the will and testament that says the house was his.
Speaker 4: Okay, So when he died, then what happened?
Speaker 22: I just continue to live he died.
Speaker 4: Three years ago, and you continued to live there. Then what happened?
Speaker 22: So then I have a sister who thought the house was in Jim's name. Once she got whipp of the house being not being in Jim's name.
Speaker 4: She said it was hold on, hold on, hold on, you can't keep going. You said it was in Jim's name. Now you're telling me the sister got with it was not in Jim's name.
Speaker 22: Well, all right, So Jim never put the house.
Speaker 13: He can never find in the paperwork to.
Speaker 5: Put it in his name.
Speaker 4: Okay, he was left the house, but he never transferred title.
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, so.
Speaker 4: Where do we stand. So then the sister found this out, Then what happened?
Speaker 22: So now she's then let me take another step back. I have a brother in Seattle who died last year. Also, right, my mom had fifteen children, j Ronnie, I don't need to know the whole story.
Speaker 4: Just keep going, man, just keep so what about what does this brother in Seattle have to do with Jim not having the house in his name?
Speaker 13: Now it doesn't.
Speaker 22: I just want to tell you the story. So the brother in Seattle didn't have a will. The state of Seattle hired a guy to take care of his estates.
Speaker 4: Right, that's called the public administrator. Is that what they're doing for you right now?
Speaker 22: Well, now, this public administrator says he can't close my brother's estate until he closes Rita's the state, which is my mom's name.
Speaker 4: So that's true. That's all true. Because Ronnie, the siblings and you guys were a bunch of idiots, okay, drug addicts and alcoholics, and they all died and none of them took care of business. So Ronnie, you don't own that house. In fact, Ronnie, you have no rights to that house until all of the estates are closed out, and it's likely when all of that is done, you're going to own it along with your sister.
Speaker 22: Well, my sister is in cohoots with the guy from Seattle.
Speaker 13: They're forcing me to sell the house.
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, the guy in Seattle, the guy in Seattle on your brother's estate has nothing to do with Colorado and your mom's estate.
Speaker 22: Yes, yes, because the judge appointed him personal representative here in Colorado.
Speaker 4: Hold on Seattle. Wait a minute, a Seattle judge appointed that person, or did a Colorado judge?
Speaker 13: A Colorado judge did.
Speaker 4: Okay, here's what the Colorado judge thought. He thought, you know what, since this guy is already familiar with the family, we're going to put this guy in charge of this estate. Here. Is that attorney licensed in Colorado?
Speaker 5: No, he's not.
Speaker 22: He has hired a lawyer here and allow for in Colorado.
Speaker 4: Now I know what's happening. Now, I know what's happening. But here's what's going to happen. Ronnie. Okay, the reason the public administrator. By the way, the furnace is the least of your problem. The reason that a public administrator is now ordering that your home be so, and the reason they hired a law firm here in Colorado. I want you to listen. How much is that house worth.
Speaker 22: It's a six somewhere around it's a six bedroom houses somewhere around four hundred thousand.
Speaker 13: Okay, it's in, it's in.
Speaker 5: It's in a depleted you.
Speaker 4: Know, it's yeah, it's in bad condition. Let's say, hold on, let's say it's worth five hundred thousand. Is that right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's okay, okay.
Speaker 4: If it's worth five hundred thousand dollars and it's paid off, this attorney or this public administrator in Seattle is seeing dollar signs. In fact, all public all public administrators, see dollar signs. There's nothing different about him than the one here that he hired. So those two attorneys got together on the phone and said, here's an opportunity for us to make about two hundred and fifty thousand dollars each. Since none of these kids know what the hell they're doing, and I'm representing a dead brother in Seattle and in Colorado, you have a numskull named Ronnie living there. He has no clue what's going on, and his sister is greedy. So here's what we're going to do. We're going to rape and pillage the estate. We're going to take every dime we can, and maybe when it's all said and done and we submit our bills to the courts, maybe Ronnie and his sister might get ten thousand dollars each. Now, Ronnie, I want you to write down the day. It's Halloween. And it sounds scary, but I want you to write it down Thursday, October thirty. First, it's eleven eighteen in the morning, and Tom Martino predicted what's going to happen. It will happen. They will rape and pillage the entire estate. They will order the house sold. You will be homeless. You and your sister will get a minority of the estate, and public trustees will split the majority. That's because the public administration system in the United States is corrupt, in moral, and disgusting. Okay, and in my opinion, in my opinion, did I make myself clear?
Speaker 22: Oh Tom, you know what, uh, everything you said I've already found out.
Speaker 2: But here's the issue.
Speaker 5: Here's my question to you.
Speaker 22: If I if I turned in Jim's my brother Jim, that the house is left to him, does that change anything?
Speaker 4: If you do what.
Speaker 2: I have?
Speaker 22: I have his will and testament here, It's never been turned into the courts.
Speaker 5: Like, what does his will?
Speaker 4: What does his will and testament say?
Speaker 13: He doesn't have one.
Speaker 22: This is just between my mom left the house to him. But the dummy can never find.
Speaker 5: In the paperwork.
Speaker 22: And like I said, he died three years ago.
Speaker 4: Well wait a minute, wait an what then? What difference would it make? They're they're assuming, So who are they saying the house is in right now?
Speaker 22: They're they're assuming the houses in Rita Elizabeth name.
Speaker 4: You're okay, they're assuming it's still in your mom's name, right, Yes, and it is.
Speaker 5: And it is.
Speaker 13: But Jim, Jim was so stupid.
Speaker 22: He my mom signed the house over to him, but he can never find the paperwork.
Speaker 13: I have found them the paperwork three weeks ago.
Speaker 4: There is no paperwork to find if.
Speaker 5: He had a will testament?
Speaker 4: You mean he could never find the will and testament?
Speaker 13: Yeah, he can never find it.
Speaker 18: I found it, Okay, Ronnie, do you have money to hire a lawyer?
Speaker 13: You know what, I have just spent talking to lawyers and all I got was ripped.
Speaker 22: We're gonna charge you a fee to come and talk to us for a couple of hours.
Speaker 4: Do me a favor, Ronnie, Ronnie, seriously, hang on. I want to try to get Dan McKenzie on for a second. Hold on right, Let's see if we can get Dan McKenzie on. I want to talk to him about this, So hold on three oh three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Art Nancy, please hang on. I'm going to come to you next. And Mike, hang on. I have Brooke White redrocksars dot com. We'll get to her too. We've had a very busy morning on Halloween. And the thing I told you about public administrators, you can take it to the bank. They're lying, disgusting, they they honest to God, they're terrible people, terrible that the first thing they think about when they take over in a state is how much can I rape and pillage this estate. If you're a public administrator, you ought to just you know, take fentanyl right now. If you can just do it yourself, you'll do society good. I'm Tom Martine, go with a sure thing Denver's best rufer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five bringing Mark back in and we have Redrocks, roof and Solar with us as well. I'm going to go to the phones, though I have a few questions here I want to get to and Mike has a comment on Mary and Bow. Mary the woman that was left to die. Basically no one attended to her and then finally the emergency services broke in. Go ahead, Mike, Hi.
Speaker 17: Tom, thanks for taking the call. I'm the retired firefighter that called the show.
Speaker 4: And yeah, you sound familiar. You called the show and said, hey, even though police aren't doing anything, you should call the fire department.
Speaker 17: Right because often the cops are so worried about probable cause and warrants and happen to write a report about doing damage. The fire department doesn't care. They're out to solve the problem. And that's exactly what they did. And I've got another tip for your listeners that's going to be a little controversial. Well, let me back up. First of all, I'm very, very faithful that she was alive and they were able to save her. Yes, I've been to dozens of these yeah, and a good portion of them do not turn out so well. Yeah, but they still need to be dealt with if they've passed. Okay, that's the important issue. So I'm thankful she's alive. The other tip I have for your listeners is this. Recently, I had a prowler around my house and it took dem Repd four hours to even think about responding to my house. So, if they are it's a listener sure that someone is trying to break into their house while they're inside, call the fire department and tell them that they smell smoke and that commotion will drive anyone away because they don't want the attention, and they'll be there usually within four minutes instead of four hours.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 17: And yes it's false reporting, but there isn't a firefighter in the world that's going to have them secuted.
Speaker 4: Well, you're right, it is controversy. Interesting. Yeah, why does it take.
Speaker 6: So long otherwise because Denver is a very liberal city.
Speaker 5: They funded the past.
Speaker 4: You know this.
Speaker 9: You know it's uh, we're talking not talking about police's talking about firefighters, and so cops don't want to work in Denver.
Speaker 17: And so oh okay, he is talking have problems stealing police cards.
Speaker 4: I see. Well, thank you for calling again, Mike, appreciate the information you give us. Now, Art and Nancy, sorry for the wait. What's going on?
Speaker 15: Hi?
Speaker 4: Tom, Hi Art? What's going on?
Speaker 13: Yeah, we're calling you back.
Speaker 23: We're the couple that had the problem with dental implants from a month.
Speaker 4: Oh wait a minute, Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute. Did I put both I'm wondering if I put both of your names down? Let me make were Nancy? Yeah, yeah, no, I get you.
Speaker 14: Man.
Speaker 4: And when did you call in? How long ago?
Speaker 23: Three weeks ago? And then the first time was about a month and a half.
Speaker 5: Ago.
Speaker 4: Okay, give us the rundown. What's going on now?
Speaker 23: And Nancy had dental implants that cost us forty five dollars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ten implants, and it was from Dental Associates of Auror and after she had a six hundred dollars dental cleaning done, but they charged for dental insurance thirteen hundred you talked about after that. And then now Nancy's coverage allowance is seven hundred dollars short. Is that we got that back? Okay? Good? So now what's going on now?
Speaker 23: We tried to call Dental Associates of Aurora to see if they could correct the mistake they made.
Speaker 4: And which mistake are you talking about? Which mistake?
Speaker 23: The implants are all wrong?
Speaker 4: What do you mean? They're all on ten implants and they're all wrong.
Speaker 23: Yeah, they were. We had two other a dentist look at them and they said that they were implanted wrong. They're crooked and they're loose.
Speaker 4: The implants themselves or the restoration on top of the implant, the tooth.
Speaker 23: Well, the implants are touching the nerve and the other then the top implant is rocking every time she tries two.
Speaker 4: Okay, so the top the restoration or the tooth is on an implant, which is the anchor. It's not a top implant and a bottom implant. Okay, you're saying that her actual anchors, the implants are touching nerves.
Speaker 5: Correct?
Speaker 4: How many implants are touching nerves?
Speaker 23: The new dentists we went to said two or three are touching the nerve?
Speaker 4: And did he say they have to be removed?
Speaker 23: They're saying that if they explode down there, if they get too close, they can cause considerable pain and swelling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so they need to be they need to be removed, and they need to fill that bottom area and then they need to read reinsert a shorter one. Is that what he's saying.
Speaker 23: Yeah, they're they're saying that. And they're also saying that the top right implant is too long because they took out a sixth implant and so it's really unstable and so now they want us to bring it in or go in there and have them cut the top implants make it fit.
Speaker 20: Right.
Speaker 4: This is what I don't Okay, what is too long? The tooth or the implant?
Speaker 5: Art?
Speaker 4: If you honest to god, I mean, I'm not trying to be an a hole here about what you're talking about. But if you go to a dentist or talk to them, the implant is only the steel part driven into the bone. Everything else on top of it is the tooth. So what's too long? The implant or the tooth?
Speaker 23: The tooth on top?
Speaker 4: Okay, now listen, it sounds to me, first and foremost ten implants sound impossible to me, and it almost sounds like malpractice. They would recommend it, and let me explain why. Normally, if someone needs that many implants, they recommend just doing anchor implants, four to six of them to hold complete dentures. You know, when you get into that many implants, did they ever recommend are all the implants on the top or bottom?
Speaker 23: Yes, there's one set on the bottom or one set on.
Speaker 4: Top, So there's five and five.
Speaker 23: Yeah, there's five on the bottom. I'm supposed to be six on top, but they had to take one out.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right? Why would you want to go back to such a shlock dentist to have it fixed? Why would you ever want to do that?
Speaker 23: Well to get I agree with you, But the only way we can get a fix is she can't afford to gony Welles anywhere else because they're going to want another twenty five thousand dollars to fix it.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm gonna I'm gonna give you some bad news.
Speaker 7: Guy in the jet for a second job.
Speaker 4: You can in a minute, Okay, I'm going to give you some bad news. You're not going to get them to do this free, right, Okay unless you sue them, And suing them is going to cost more than fixing it. That's the bad news and the God's honest truth.
Speaker 3: What were you going to say, Doc, Well, I spoke to Art to follow up on this, and when I spoke to him, he said he was working with the Loventhal practice and that he would call me and let me know what they said.
Speaker 7: So I haven't heard from him.
Speaker 4: Practice.
Speaker 8: They are, they are the biggest malpractice attorneys in Colorado.
Speaker 4: Did you talk to a malpractice attorney?
Speaker 23: Yeah, we talked to uh Yeah. Then they sent us to Hillary Rank.
Speaker 4: Well, what did they say, Tom?
Speaker 23: They said that there's there's a case there, but it's too small for them to.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's right, right, that's right.
Speaker 23: So so what we called dental associates to see if they could at least maybe fix it, and then they said that that Nancy was dismissed from their office and that we were harassing them.
Speaker 7: Did you call the dental board.
Speaker 23: We're trying to get hold of dental board. It's a lot of uh, trying to get in out talk to the right person. But we're that's our next step.
Speaker 4: Well, you have to you have to file a complaint with the dental board. You really do, and and that can be done online. There's no did he get it out?
Speaker 7: Did you go to Dora dot or or or dot gov?
Speaker 23: I mean, yeah, we're in the process.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well that's what you need to do, because the bad news is Art and Nancy they're not going to take the no, no malpractice attorney is going to take this. And that's why I said, it's going to cost you more to fight it than to fix it. I'm not saying you don't go after them, but look at can we Did we ever have anyone called Dental Associates of Aurora?
Speaker 8: I was I always assigned the case. When I talked to Art, I offered to call them, and he.
Speaker 7: Said, let's wait, are you going to call him now? Well I will. I will talk to Art off the air and find out what's going on.
Speaker 4: Well, we just heard what's going on? Nothing? Did they told him he's harassing and they said they would do nothing.
Speaker 7: Did you have your medical records?
Speaker 5: Well, he must have records.
Speaker 4: Do you have them?
Speaker 5: Yes? We do?
Speaker 4: Okay, good, listen, we need to do something about this, Doc. If you don't feel comfortable, I'll give it to you.
Speaker 7: Tell me what I didn't. I didn't say you feel no, No.
Speaker 4: I just want to know because this is this is a serious thing I know. And who's the doctor out there at a Dental Associates of Aurora?
Speaker 17: Doctor Lee?
Speaker 5: Help?
Speaker 4: He did he? Is he the one? Is he still there?
Speaker 5: Still there?
Speaker 23: I think he's the owner.
Speaker 4: Well, let's at least get a Dora thing filled out so you can go talk to deputy doc and call him.
Speaker 1: This.
Speaker 4: This is ridiculous. If you have professionals say that they put in implants wrong and they won't correct it. What reason did they give you for turning down that down? When you ask them? What reason.
Speaker 23: Why they wouldn't work on it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 23: Yeah, the new gunnis?
Speaker 4: What new dentist? What about the old dentist?
Speaker 23: Well we went and had two other dennis look at it, and they both and said, uh not good art.
Speaker 4: You're not answering my question. I'm only going to ask one more time. Why did the current people at Dental Associates of Aurora refuse to fix it?
Speaker 23: They said that Nancy is the smith because when we have that dispute with them over the insurance, they did not like that they overcharge insurance.
Speaker 4: All right, we got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call umpass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Really quick, I want to go to Dan McKenzie. Dan, this is such a complicated case. I'm gonna I'm just girlly gonna summarize it. I'm not gonna listen to Ronnie again, basically, and I might have numbers wrong a little here, but here's the basic story. His mom died okay nine, He and nine siblings lived in the house with her. She died, They stayed in the house, either drug addicts or alcoholics, and they all died thatpt for Ronnie. The house was never transferred to any of the siblings. Ever, it was nine years ago this happened, and the mom so when she died, the house remained in her name, and these kids all died off except for Ronnie. Now, there was a will that no one ever found that would have left the house to one of the siblings that died, and Ronnie has a copy of that will. Meanwhile, a sister who doesn't live in that house and is not deceased, she wants part of her She wants part of that house, and so she petitioned the courts, and the courts assigned a public trustee. To make matters worse, it was a public trustee out of state that was already working with another deceased brother in another state, and that public administrator hired an attorney here in Denver. Now, the public trustees want the house sold so Ronnie and his sister can settle their dispute. Unfortunately, I fear what I I've seen a million times, and that is a house worth about five hundred grand. By the time two public administrators are done with it, they're not going to have much money left over. What are your thoughts?
Speaker 24: Yeah, but what choice do they have?
Speaker 4: Okay, that's what I was going to ask you. Can they petition the courts if they can get along? Can they petition the courts to just take over the probate since it's their own mother?
Speaker 24: Yeah, that could happen. I think you can always ask a court to do anything, right, So sure, sure, Why.
Speaker 4: Would the court be in favor of a stranger as opposed to a member of the family.
Speaker 24: Just because you know, the members of the family are involved in both sides of the dispute and having them try and do that might not be real straightforward. Sometimes having an outsider who just has no emotional attachment to any of this it's more efficient.
Speaker 4: Frankly, Why don't the courts have better oversight on administrators public?
Speaker 5: I mean do that?
Speaker 13: You know they do?
Speaker 24: They tell you that they require the reporting and the accounting and everything else.
Speaker 4: So there is something Listen, if I was on a scavenger hunt and somebody asked me to find satan, I would go to a public administrator.
Speaker 24: Yeah, I mean, how far are they into this process? They don't want the household?
Speaker 14: Is that what we're well?
Speaker 4: No, well Ronnie would like to live there, but that's going to be tough because if his sister wants some of the proceeds, that's not going to happen. My concern, Dan is that by the time they sell the house and these two bloodsuckers get their fees, there's not going to be much left for Ronnie to get another place.
Speaker 24: I mean, that's a valid concern. And then probably I mean, I guess the best thing because you could do is maybe cooperate with them if that's not already happening, just make sure they have all the information.
Speaker 4: Now, they're still going to find a reason to suck it dry, you know they are. I know, you don't want to say it because it's not politically correct, but you know they're not going to come out with a lot of money, you know that.
Speaker 24: I mean, obviously they have less incentive to try and you know, preserve the estate and others. But you know they've got a produciary due they are supervised by the courts. You're right, I don't want to just I mean, I don't know anything about who they are.
Speaker 4: And anyway, Dan McKenzie, if you have trust me, go to him first. If you ever have a state issues or you're planning a will or a trust co Plans dot Co eight three three co Plans eight three three co Plans Hold on, Ronnie, go with a sure thing Denver's Best rufer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation. Compare and call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Ronnie, listen, you heard Dan McKenzie. The I think your only hope is for you and your sister to get along and to chip in or to do something higher. An attorney like McKenzie law and have them and have him take care of the problem or petition the courts to put it back in the family, and they would do that. If you can't do that, there's no hope. You have to simply sit back and let the public administrator do their thing. Are you there?
Speaker 5: Yes, he Tom, But I understand all that.
Speaker 22: And but Tim, my real issue today is my damn furness.
Speaker 13: I'm afraid of these had I had to keep.
Speaker 5: Let me explain.
Speaker 4: Let me explain some cold, hard facts to you, an emphasis on the cold. If that furnace is working, leave it alone. You're not going to own that house, Ronnie. There's not a chance in hell you're going to stay in that house. Okay, I'm sorry. Do you if you have zero heat? That's one thing. Do not get a new system right now. If you need someone to fix it, we can. We can make a referral off the air for you to someone who can fix it. But really, don't spend a lot of money. You're not going to be there long. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 11: Ripped new need advice So.
Speaker 4: You don't have.
Speaker 3: Come running just as fast as we can show Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 4: Come Man six is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. If you have a problem or question or complaint, you can call us there or call us at three oh three Martino three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six. Brook Whites with us from Red Rocks, Roof and Solar, and calls have subsided a little bit slammed all day, So I do have a chance to get to some of these texts about solar. And somebody wants to know they heard that both bantered about a thirty percent tax credit and a forty percent Is there ever a forty percent tax credit available? Brook?
Speaker 14: Yeah, absolutely so there's called a domestic tax credit or the bi American Act Tax Credit, and that's ten percent. There's also a community tax credit that's a ten percent, or a low income that's another ten percent. So it just depends on the project.
Speaker 4: Wait wait, wait, wait that ten ten and ten just added to thirty on its own.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it just depends on the project specifics I've got.
Speaker 4: So some projects have thirty percent credit, some projects go up as high as sixty percent credit.
Speaker 14: Some projects can go up to eighty percent tax credit depending on it. But those are commercial or industrial. Mostly for residential, it's either going to be thirty or forty depending on the specifics.
Speaker 4: Of the person and what gets them that extra ten percent. In a residential system.
Speaker 14: It's the demographic information and where they're at. So if their veteran status, if they're disabled, if they're in a disadvantage community zone documented by the federal get an yep, it's all dependent on.
Speaker 4: The where they're at.
Speaker 14: And then they're still debating about that domestic tax credit going from just commercial to residential.
Speaker 4: Now now somebody said that they're solar. Person said they have to check to make sure their area is approved for solar. What the Heck does that mean does an area have to be approved for solar? I never heard that.
Speaker 14: This person was probably talking about the utility company and if the utility company could handle them adding solar.
Speaker 4: Okay, well what does I mean? Why wouldn't they be able to If solar takes off pressure from the grid, they.
Speaker 14: Still have to move the energy, so they still need to make sure that their wirelines and transformers can handle the influx of power.
Speaker 4: So even if you have domestic service with a power company, it could be so that you can get electrical service, but not necessarily net meter back to them. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 14: So in those cases, you'd have to do an off grade solar system.
Speaker 4: So there are places where they won't accept the electricity that you send. Yeah, but you can still do a solar system, you just won't get credit for that power. Yeah.
Speaker 14: What what happened is we install what's called a disconnect switch. It's a fire safety thing. You just would click that so your solar system power wouldn't go back up to the grid. It would just power your home.
Speaker 4: So you have to consciously do that every time you're using your solar system. Uh. Yeah, it's a pain in the butt then, Yeah, so if you're in an area, But why wouldn't the government force power companies to accept grid power from solar systems. If they're truly wanting to make solar ubiquitous around the country to lower our need for oil, why wouldn't they require that.
Speaker 14: So solar is very much state based. So in the state of Colorado, the utility companies have to have so much of their power coming from renewable sources and it needs to continue upticking until twenty forty. So in Colorado we do have those regulations and requirements, and the solar companies do have to give you full net metering one to one ratio retail value for the power you send them. So we're in a great state for solar. Take a state like Isla, which is where I'm from. The utility company can say we're really glad you build a solar system, thanks for the free power.
Speaker 4: We're not giving you a credit on your bill.
Speaker 14: So it depends on the state as to how the regulations are in that area, and it's also specific to the utility company.
Speaker 4: That you're working with. Wow. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five, Okay, So that is solar if you have any questions, you can always call them directly, and that's redrocksars dot com. By the way. Uh, they're great people to deal with. Three oh three seven zero four two four, four and nine. Now let's go back to news of the day, Mark, do you do anything special for Halloween?
Speaker 6: We're going to an actual uh Halloween party tonight, so we'll dress up and that's about it.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: Is it a private one or like at a place?
Speaker 20: No?
Speaker 4: No, no private party, friends of our Okay, now here.
Speaker 11: Is what I'm going at.
Speaker 4: Let's see Trump, you garbage with my trash vest and everything. Are you gonna really? Do you have the wig? No? I do not have the wig, but I'll wear a hat. So, oh the maga hat? And then well what else would distinguish you? Are you going to do an orange glow or some the trash vest? Okay? Now, the House concurrent Resolution twenty three, one thousand and two. Now, this is a property tax exemption for veterans with disabilities. I don't mind that at all. What it means is it requires a fifty five percent approval. It'll amend the Constitution of Colorado to expand the tax exemption for veterans with disabilities. It's going to help veterans who have non service connected disabilities rated at one hundred percent. That is twenty three, one thousand and two. Nothing wrong with that amendment, right, Mark, would you agree with?
Speaker 7: Why would anybody vote against that?
Speaker 4: Right now?
Speaker 11: I don't see an issue with it at all.
Speaker 4: Here's the next one, twenty three one thousand and one. Judical discipline procedures. Now this gets tricky. Listen to the Confidentiality shall be an Amendment of Colorado's Constitution concerning judicial discipline and connection therewith establishing this is the part that's tricky. Establishing an independent judicial discipline board, setting standards for review of a discipline case, and clarifying when discipline proceedings become public. What that is saying, vote against it. What that is saying is you're going to have a committee, and you know it's going to be totally political. It's a judicial judicial committee, and what they will do is decide on a case, on a case by case if it should be public or not. I'm sorry, no, why can't everything be public? That is an no. No, that's how concurrent it's amendment. H Let's just put it that way amendment. H. Now, so we did g which is the disability? That's okay? H, I say, is a no, no, I listen to this one a bill. It's an exemption for first degree murder a bail. So if it's an amendment concerning the creating of an exception to the right to bail for cases of murder in the first degree when proof is evident or presumption is great. I don't like that either, because if you're going to have, in my opinion, now you may want this mark a law and order guy, you may want Hey, no bail if it looks like you're guilty, that's what they're saying. If it looks like you're guilty of first agree murder, there's no bail. I say, you can set the bail high enough, but should you not have a right to bail? That's really that can go either way.
Speaker 8: One thing people need to think about is that they may be in favor of something that should be a statute that can be amended later on, as opposed to a constitutional amendment that's right extremely difficult to undo. Laws right always undo.
Speaker 4: There have been people who have made that argument that they say no to all amendments and say, if it means that much to you, make it a statute. What did you say, Mark?
Speaker 6: Well, right now, basically, a no vote on that would require judges to set bail for all persons charged with first degree murder.
Speaker 4: A yes vote, they could deny bail. That's a definite yes. Can't they deny bail anyway? No, they can't now.
Speaker 6: The only time they couldn't deny bail before is if it was a death penalty case. And of course we abolish the death penalty in Colorado now.
Speaker 7: But it should be a statute, not an amendment amendment?
Speaker 4: Jay, shall there be an amendment in the Colorado Constitution removing the ban on Say?
Speaker 6: Wait, wait, I know we just totally glossed over that doc. If you vote no on it, I don't care what it is. If you vote no on an amendment, I then judges have to set bail for people charged with first degree murder.
Speaker 4: That's crazy. There's cases. Are you sure that, Mark?
Speaker 8: Are positive of that? I still think it should be a statute.
Speaker 6: I don't give a crap what you think. That's not what's on the ballot.
Speaker 7: Well on it, that's all okay?
Speaker 4: Thanks? And and of course you have a right to do that. Now, here's what it says, repealing the definition of marriage in the Constitution. The constant repealing the constitutional definition of marriage. But see Amendment Jay's title. I'm all for repeal the definition of marriage. I'm all for it, but it's not what it says. Then it says it will be an ant to the Colorado Constitution removing the ban on same sex marriages. Here, first of all, I believe, you know, I have a radical belief here again, and I believe the government shouldn't be involved in marriage at all, period done it is none of their purview. The first time. First of all, this is what's ridiculous. The first time marriage was ever mentioned ever anywhere. And this is for people who want to see separation of church and state, then you should never have the state involved in marriage because marriage was only only look at every holy book in the world. It was only mentioned in the Bible period marriage. That's the only time marriage. Now there were people together, there were stories of people together, but the actual marriage, ceremony and marriage and dissolution of marriage is only mentioned in the Bible, and the government has nothing to do with it. And people shouldn't have to be tied to any definition of marriage. It's not the state's job to tell people they can get married or not.
Speaker 8: But I agree with you in principle, But what happens. See, I think if two people get married civilly, they the church can decide or not to accept that as a marriage.
Speaker 4: But exactly wait, but when.
Speaker 8: It comes to children and assets and division of property, the state has to step in and have rules about how.
Speaker 7: It should be administered.
Speaker 4: Okay, First of all, I don't agree with you whatsoever. If there are people all day long making stupid partnerships on all kinds of things in life, all kinds of things that affect all kinds of people, and the government doesn't pre determine how the contract is done. Okay, they don't predetermine. They determine after it in the laws of the civil courts. Now, if you want a set of rules for domestic partnerships that's a whole different story than a marriage. Then you don't get into who should be married and who shouldn't be married, and you just have laws. For example, Ill, if your partnership in Colorado, if or in most states, if your partnership in a business, if your agreement was deficient in one or two areas, or unconscionable in one or two areas. The state's partnership laws would fill in the blanks. That's what it is. It's the partnership laws. Now, Now, why in marriage should people tell I mean, it's ridiculous, and upon a dissolution of marriage, it's a damn contract because most of them nowadays aren't for life anyway, and they're all ridiculous. If you want to get married in the church, that's up to you. You can do that all you want all day long. And God love you. Though you're bringing a kid into it, what do you do about the kid might have not been there when everything was put together? Let me ask Let me ask you this doc, what happens in a civil contract for any kind of care or service or keeping that you're bringing people into it?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 4: There are laws? There are laws that talk about contracts and and equality and laws of equity and the court of equity. You don't have to predetermine anything. You know, it's ridiculous that a court would tell. First of all, what right does a court have to tell you who should be a parent?
Speaker 8: How else you adjudicated? What if one parent says, I want full custody. The other parent says, I want full custody. How how do you adjudicate that that argument?
Speaker 4: Well, how do they do it now? Doc? How do they do it now?
Speaker 7: They go before a judge?
Speaker 4: But who says hold on? Who says they can't go before a judge? Why does there have to be a definition and a control of the marriage contract for that to happen? Why does there have to be an institution of marriage by the government for that to happen? If you get if you live together and have kids and you want to and you want full custody, you end up in court anyway.
Speaker 7: Tell me why I'm agreeing with you.
Speaker 5: I know you're not.
Speaker 4: You're you're telling me there's got to be a marriage. No I'm not.
Speaker 8: I'm just saying that when that the courts are there to resolve issues.
Speaker 7: I've been you.
Speaker 4: Never loved on DOC, Unless I'm crazy. I never said do away with courts to resolve issues. In fact, I said the very opposite. I said, the courts are there to resolve issues, and you don't need an institution of marriage to do it. I agree with you.
Speaker 7: I agree with you.
Speaker 4: I mean the institution of marriage is taking something biblical and religious and saying, Okay, the state's now going to give you a damn license for it. Do they give you a license to be baptized? Of course they don't. Tom. I'm on all the tax ramifications. The taxes are not gonna be affected, but you should be able to have the same tax benefits if you have a domestic partnership with with a donkey. For God's sakes, I don't care. I mean, what I'm saying is the state has no place in our lives when it comes to that. We have more coming right up, Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 5: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. His Tom Martina here at three oh three seven one three talks seven one three, eight two five five. Sean, you have a comment. Let's let's go back to this problem because we have we have Deputy d who worked on this and Iron Mountain Collision. There was Sewn the original caller on it. No, who was the original.
Speaker 18: Caller on it, Sage. We got a call from a lady named Sage up in Loveland, Okay.
Speaker 4: Sage said that she had an Alfa Romeo A taken to Iron Mountain Collision in August of twenty twenty three. It disappeared off her lot. They're lot in June of twenty twenty four and their stonewallinger she can't find it. And so what did you find out about first? At your comment? Caller, Sean, go ahead.
Speaker 20: Yes, I was just want letting you know that she was on Loveland Facebook yesterday reaching out for help, and I kind of looked up Iron Mountain their record on Better Business Speer and there's some.
Speaker 13: Bad guys, man.
Speaker 20: I mean, it's dirty how they.
Speaker 11: Did and oh no, no, no, there goes way beyond.
Speaker 4: They're way dirty, way dirty.
Speaker 11: It goes way beyond.
Speaker 20: So well, listen to this, Tom Well. Anyway, during the Facebook page, their employees were getting on there, and someone was saying, hey, you need to call Tom Martino back, and one of their employees got on there. Oh that's the same Tom Martino that filed bankruptcy in twenty eleven and all this stuff, and.
Speaker 4: They were going on it was twenty ten, and it was a real estate. It wasn't personal yet it was real est I know, I know.
Speaker 20: I'm a painful listener. I know what happened.
Speaker 18: So it was at the extent of their defense of their dirty practices that I'm a bad People always say, you know that, that's that's old hat attacking me.
Speaker 4: What here's the deal man, Okay. And by the way, in the Great Recession, having property that went down in value, you had no control over, zero control. But I don't want to get into it. I didn't have one, not one, not one personal debt that went unpaid. Not one. So now let's talk about let's talk about Iron Mountain.
Speaker 5: Go ahead.
Speaker 18: Well, you know, one of the most shocking things about Sage's allegations was that Iron Mountain, having done no work on her vehicle, charged her tens of thousands of dollars for storage of the vehicle. And I started doing some research on Iron Mountain Collision, and I found that it's owned by a guy by the name of Kevin Rowley, who apparently, from what I've found, at least at least two body repair shops that he owns up in the Fort Collins Loveland area. And in just a very brief period of time, I've uncovered three active civil cases in the Larrama County District Court. I read those complaints and they all seem to be carbon copies.
Speaker 4: Of each other hundreds of thousands.
Speaker 18: There are some that there's one pickup truck that was in and no repairs were done, and they charged that customer approximately fifty thousand dollars for storage on that truck, and the customer's insurance company took them to district court. But I have you know, I've written down at least three cases. But it gets darker than that. It turns out if this is the same Kevin Rowley, there was another Kevin Rowley up in Loveland who got busted for He got busted with about twelve hundred pounds of marijuana in a couple of warehouses over there. And this was a case from nineteen ecume from twenty nineteen or twenty twenty yea. And I looked up the details on that. The birth date on that Kevin Rowley kind of matches what I would expect to.
Speaker 4: See on this Kevin marijuana. I mean, I know it's a crime, but he's still in probation, Okay, And so I reached out to the it doesn't I'm more concerned about how he screwed people.
Speaker 18: Oh well, it appears to be a pattern, right, So these are these complaints all look like carbon copies of each other too.
Speaker 4: Okay. Where he takes a car, doesn't do anything in charge of storage.
Speaker 11: ONRNS A thousand, that's the car.
Speaker 18: Then he keeps the car. Yeah, that's what he did. Allegedly, that's what he did with Sage's car. So she doesn't know where the car is. They won't return it to her, and that's what precipitated her call. But this seems to be a pattern of behavior.
Speaker 4: Doesn't that sound like forty mark? Doesn't that sound almost identical to forty fourth auto?
Speaker 6: I don't take it, store it, don't do any work, take some money up front, never give it back.
Speaker 4: It's it's them. O is your camera offers is still on? No? I killed it? Okay, all right? So here's the deal. I mean, this is a problem that we had with forty fourth Auto and whatever that guy's name was. It's like a bad dream and this is the new player, and he's basically delaying repairs. When people get frustrated and want their car back, he invokes thousands and thousands of dollars in storage, which makes them and then he takes the car.
Speaker 18: That's yeah, based on what I've read on the court filing so far, that's what's been going on. And so you know, we were able to find several law firms that have very recent experience suing Kevin Rowley's.
Speaker 4: Are there any judgments against them?
Speaker 18: You know, I haven't gotten that far. I haven't been able to how these cases were resolved. They're very recent. So two of them were filed in the spring.
Speaker 4: Is it Kevin Rowley?
Speaker 11: Kevin Rowley R O W.
Speaker 9: L E. Y.
Speaker 11: That's correct.
Speaker 18: And so I did reach out to the district attorney to get a copy of the terms and conditions of his probation to see if this might be a violation of the of his probation.
Speaker 4: And uh, perhaps have they commented to us, No, not yet.
Speaker 18: It was only yesterday that I reached out to the DA. I also reached out to the police department to get his get a copy of his booking photo just so that I can compare his videos.
Speaker 11: But yeah, he runs very.
Speaker 18: Successful TikTok channel with several hundred thousand followers.
Speaker 4: Is it the same guy?
Speaker 18: Yeah, he talks about how to beat up how he beats up the insurance companies for UH to pay to pay for damaged cars that are turned into his country.
Speaker 4: Like, does he mean beats them up for the consumer, Like he's a good guy.
Speaker 18: Well, it sounds like he beats them up for himself. I mean he in these court followings, I've read that he's collected well fifty thousand dollars in insurance payments from one of them.
Speaker 4: He literally is on TikTok.
Speaker 15: Pay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let me get rid of that sound. I'm looking. I was on TikTok that's what you heard. So what is he under? Kevin rally On?
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 18: It was Saged who uncovered his So, Sage, if she's listening, it would be great if you can send Tom and me a link to his TikTok channel.
Speaker 4: And rally here.
Speaker 11: So it is a sordid affair.
Speaker 4: And the more I rally. This one has nine followers.
Speaker 18: This, yeah, the one we're talking about has a couple hundred thousand followers. Okay, so I did submit. I sent in four requests for common There.
Speaker 4: Is Iron Mountain. Let's see what he's got there. So it's Kevin Rally, Iron Iron Mountain and uh.
Speaker 11: Fair Mountain collision.
Speaker 4: And he gets on one view he had three hundred and fifty thousand, and another he has fifty nine thousand. On one he had one million. So this is Kevin Rally. Let's give a listen to this. This is Kevin Rally.
Speaker 11: Hold on aared Iron Mountain.
Speaker 25: We have the Chevy Z seventy one. It came in it was hit by a plowd truck. Well guess what they were set to the preferred shop. And I know this is gonna be a real shocker, but they wrote an est one up for this customer for thirty three hundred bucks.
Speaker 11: You can't fix the bed for that.
Speaker 4: Not only that, there's nothing wrong with what he's saying.
Speaker 11: I mean, I have a broken back.
Speaker 4: I mean so these posts.
Speaker 25: Seconds to look over and see this cab corner, he's got a whole punched in it.
Speaker 4: So he's talking about the ridiculous of assurance companies and I'm gonna like that one. But I don't know. I don't think. But if you would, I don't think he talks. Let me let me just see what he uh okay, keep.
Speaker 18: Yeah, if he would, all, there's nothing wrong with that, with what he says in those particular videos. That's the follow up that's missing. This is how he trolls for potential customers. And then there's this pattern of activity that I've been able to find where he allegedly does not do the repairs, charges many tens of thousands of dollars in so called storage fees, and then the customers are left without their car repaired or not. I mean one in one of these cases I saw they also had to file for replevent action.
Speaker 11: Just to get their wrecked car back from him.
Speaker 4: Okay, So in any case, we're going to keep looking into this. People three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, wait time for an insurance checkup, free, no obligation in comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talks seven one three h five five Troy as a comment on Amendment one seven. Now I'm not sure what he's talking about one twenty seven looking it up. Go ahead, Troy, Yeah, go ahead, sir, yes, sir yeah.
Speaker 16: So one twenty seven Colorado Proposition one twenty seven is the proposition to prohibit the hunting of mountain lions, bobcats.
Speaker 2: And a link.
Speaker 11: I got it.
Speaker 4: Prohibit trophy hunting is how they title it, which sounds oh yeah right, that's good. Right.
Speaker 16: So in the state of Colorado, so I'm a hundred d instructor in the state of Colorado, uh, it is already prohibited to hunt any wildlife as for trophy hunting. So when you hunt wildlife in the state of Colorado, you're required to consume the meat. So the biggest problem with one twenty seven is how they have you know, skewed the ballot and the reason.
Speaker 4: Well, basically it basically says, it basically says it prohibits the intentional killing, wounding, pursuing, and trapping or discharging a weapon, a blah blah blah on a lion linkspotcat creating eight exceptions protection of life, human, life, property, and livestock. What's wrong with that?
Speaker 16: Well, so that's already allowed. So the difference is that the way that is the difference. Yeah, this was a ballid initials that was written by the state. And what they're throwing out there is they're saying we're going to stop all hunting of the mountain lion. Uh because you know they're saying that it's trophy.
Speaker 4: I listen, I don't trust the government. I don't trust anybody like that when it comes to initiatives. What I need to know is this, what why did they even need it? If you're saying and why are you upset with it? Because if if it's already prohibited the trophy hunting already and it's already allowed for protection of life, property and livestock, Then why do they need this additional one.
Speaker 16: Yeah, So what they're trying to do is they're trying to so currently the management of wildlife is managed by the Colorado.
Speaker 13: Parks and Wildlife.
Speaker 16: This would put a total prohibition on any kind of hunting. So the Colorado Parks and Wildlife.
Speaker 4: Doesn't doesn't say that, well it doesn't, let me finish. Yeah, yeah, let me finish.
Speaker 16: The way that Colorado Parks and Wildlife manage wildlife is a inventory the number of wildlife that are in the area, and you know what the habitat can support. So they say, okay, well, there's say, you know, twenty mountain lions in this area. The habitat can only support fifteen. We're going to issue a license to hunt five of those mountain lions that the habitat cannot support. So this initiative would bar the Colorado Parks and Wildlife from issuing those licenses to manage the wildlife. So then the only way that you would be able to shoot a mountain lion is if it was destroying your live.
Speaker 13: Sock or if it was.
Speaker 4: Okay, I get what you're saying, so, but okay, what is I got to take this break Hold on a second, Just hang on. I'm Tom Martinez. We got more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate man to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I want to go back to Troy. I'm Tom Martino.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 4: In that short amount of time that you talked about this, Troy, I've gotten at least nine texts, and about five of them say vote it down, and four of them say it's good for the environment to you know. But the ones that say voted down say it is a sneaky way to try to get a ban on cat hunting. Is that it?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 16: So, mountain lions consume approximately one deer per per week per adult lion, and there are approximately four thousand mountain lions in the state. So right now, the Colorado Parks and Wildlife try to manage that number, to say it about four thousand by issuinghunting licenses for the Mountain lions.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 16: So if this passes, then Colorado Parks and Wildlife will not be able to issue those hunting licenses.
Speaker 4: Okay. So you're saying they will no longer be able to call the herd because of I don't know if you call it a herd, call the population because of management reasons. It will only be to protect livestock in life. Correct And do you think so you're saying it's basically a sneaky ban on all hunting of cats no matter what.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 4: But here's what I want to know. The people behind the initiative, don't they know what you're saying, if what you're saying is true, Don't they know that you have to regulate the population of cats or you're going to have too much in the elk population.
Speaker 16: What they're what they're trying to do is they're trying to do what they did in California. So you know, it's called the California Cation of Colorado. So anything that California does.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but what why you said that they that the lions, the cats help control the population of deer and elk, right.
Speaker 16: Well, they do so the and that's the way it's been for years. But Colorado Parks and Wildlife manages the control of the lions because the lions are the apex predator.
Speaker 2: So I get that.
Speaker 4: So my question, sir, I have a very simple question, and that is, if you if you don't let people hunt them anymore, won't that, by natural logic, increase the elk population? No, I mean decreasing. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm confused. Do away, That's what I meant. Do away practical with the won't won't it hurt the state even more?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 16: Yeah, because uh Colorado. Yeah, we've got you know, guys that are coming from Texas all over the know if.
Speaker 5: You that's right.
Speaker 4: They want to keep the population balanced with the elk and deer and and I think that what you're saying is true, and it would wreak havoc on the population. It would it would take.
Speaker 16: Away the other sports.
Speaker 5: In other words, it.
Speaker 4: Would also it would also decrease the hunting of deer and elk because they would be eaten by the lions. I mean they're trying to they're trying to control. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three o three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Yea ripped.
Speaker 1: New need so you don't have come running sustas as we can.
Speaker 4: Shooter's gonna help coming man. This is the Troubleshooter Show Now Tom Martine, Hello, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Here to help you solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, make your life a little easier. I'm gonna go to the phones. We have also with us, we have Brook with us. Brooke White from Redbrosars dot com. I got a couple of texts there. Steve wants a comment. So many people are commenting on one twenty seven. Now it's proposition one twenty seven. And I don't think I've had as many texts in a short amount of time ever as I had about this issue. I mean in a short amount of time I said I had like eight of them or nine of them. I have like twenty three of them right now. Twenty three text or emails or excuse me, text or comments on this about one to twenty seven. Proposition one twenty seven prohibiting bobcat LINX and mountain lion hunting. They said four trophies. But what somebody says is it's a sneaky way to prohibit all hunting of those animals because they're only allowed. You're only allowed to hunt them for protection of livestock or your life or property, which means in all other cases you wouldn't be able to hunt them. And they're saying right now, a certain amount of hunting is allowed when the population gets too big. Wildlife controls it in order not to exhaust or diplenish the deer population or the elk population. And again, if you let cats go and not have that culling of the population. It's going to wreak havoc on the rest of the ecosystem. That's what the people against it are saying. That people who are for it, they say, are secretly trying to ban hunting eventually where not only where will there be a bunch of mountain lions and cats and all that, but there won't be enough deer to hunt to begin with. Or elk Steve, what is.
Speaker 26: Your comment, Thanks Tom, Yeah, you presented that very well. Those are the two sides, and this goes back to the buzzword of trophy hunting is the same thing the left uses in assault weapons. They're not applicable terms in either case. This is conservation and environmentalism gone nuts, and we just had the biggest disaster. We're in the middle of it still where Colorado Parks and wildlife and even the left eco left is admitting that the wolf reintroduction is a total disaster. What you have, and you explained it on one side, is you have environmental ideologists who want, ultimately yes to ban all honey.
Speaker 4: Colorado is one of.
Speaker 26: The few states that has written into its constitution that you can't trap animals. And I'm not a big trap fan, but there are certain cases like living down here in Douglas County along the Plum Creek Watershed, both Plum Creek East and West plum Creek beavers have gone wild and people have to take it into their own hands to cut down some of their dam from time to time and take the animals out because they destroy property. I don't know how to more clearly say this, but we have scientists, and your previous caller before the break set it very well and I think you were getting it. We have scientists. These are people that have gone to school and college and work in the field every single day to determine what the carrying capacity is for certain animals. For example, bear, the holding capacity for the state of Colorado has been established for many years now and it's around twelve thousand animals. We have over twenty two thousand bears. And this isn't Colorado Parks and Wildlife fault, and it's not even the Eco Left's fault. We just have fewer hunters now, but we have a bear population that has gone wild. So maybe you can derive out of my rambling rant here is that you can't let the eco left run these things. It has to be done on science.
Speaker 4: I remember, that's pretty logical. That's pretty logical if you want an ecosystem that's balanced, obviously, I mean, I mean, we would all love everything to live in peace and harmony forever, but I mean, it just doesn't work that.
Speaker 13: Way, correct, you know.
Speaker 26: And it even goes down to the signage when you go into the state forests and the national forest.
Speaker 5: It used to be you.
Speaker 26: Would go into let's say, up in outside of Sedalia, up into Deckers, it's the Pike National Forest. All of those signs and markers showing the boundary of entering the National forest used to say land of many uses. That was taken away many years ago. They don't say that anymore because it's not the land of many uses. It is the land of conservation. Uber allis over management. The left does not want management.
Speaker 4: They want you know, it's really fun you know, it's really funny, ste you. The left actually coined a phrase called believe the science. And during COVID and by the way, climate change and every other thing that they attack, the last thing they do is believe the science.
Speaker 26: And in fact it's gaslighting, and in fact it's all it's all emotion.
Speaker 4: It's emotion versus science. They should have yard signs that say believe your emotions, because when it comes to science, they don't follow science because they they just don't. And and what's amazing to me is that's become a battle cry to them believe.
Speaker 26: The science applied you for I applaud you for having the bravery to say those words.
Speaker 4: Is well, it's true. Show I don't work for nine News. I can talk truth. I mean, I mean, listen, it's it's it's just true. You can't run life on emotion, by the way, I mean that for everything, including faith, including every aspect of your life. Don't let just emotion run what you do. I mean, look, look, I don't want to get into each and every detail, but if you think about it, Steve, it all comes down to people following emotion first and not facts and not science.
Speaker 26: They don't Conversation of the Day on your program, Now, Steve, I.
Speaker 4: Want to, I want to. I want to explain something else that is going to get me canceled. And that's this. There is a four million hours it four hundred four I think it's a four million, four million year fossil record that they examined in ice and stone and sedimentary layers to find the atmospheric conditions, temperatures, and life over a four four million year period, and they found the same exact climactic cycles happened millions of years ago. There was not a car on the There was not even a car thought of, and not a factory. Nothing. Now, I'm not saying the Earth is not going through cycles. It is. It is going through cycles, and it will continue to go through cycles. And that four million year study proved that we go through cycles. Look it up. And here's what's amazing about that. We can't change it. Now, don't get me wrong. We should be stewards of our earth. We should. We should scientifically control animal herds, We should scientifically control emissions when we can and where we can, to a point, but we can't control volcanoes. We can't control the main source of climate change. And the sort that the sources we can control amount to literally less than a thimble in all of the oceans of the world. That that is the volume, the actual volume of gases that we emit compared to what the volume is of our atmosphere. But people do not want to look at facts. Their emotions blind them. And then then here's another famous thing they say. If you don't let emotion blind you, do you know what? They call you hateful? You're it's no longer disagreeing, you're hateful. Why are you hateful? Because you disagree with something and you have good reason to it all sucks anyway, Thanks for calling you got me pissed off? Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Frank Duran, the Realestateman dot com. You know what he's gonna do for you, A complete market valuation of your home for the asking. All you have to do is ask what will my house sell for? It's free, it's comprehensive. That's Frank Duran, the Realestateman dot com three oh three nine to zero sixteen twenty two. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one. Help You'll think you're his only customer. When you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. Now, now listen, I want you to listen to this. Okay, I want you to listen. I look this up. This study okay. And in a landmark study, scientists discovered just how much the Earth's climate has changed in nearly five hundred million years. The new research shows that the Earth's climate has never been stable over more than a few thousand years. They went back it gets so technical, but they went back into the fossil record, and it went back to sea levels, and it went back to some kind of fossil records that show wildfires, tornadoes, earthquakes, volcanoes. They have gone back studying prehistoric climates for decades. They produced reliable, comprehensive views of the Earth's surface. Now how they did it, You're just going to have to read it because I'm doing this live. Okay. They have a robust and reproducible curve gain based on what they found with estimated prehistoric temperatures. And they talk about oxygen isotopes and prehistoric rock layers and fossils and trapped samplings of the air. Dozens of palaeoclimate community in the community built a database of one hundred and fifty thousand estimates and put them all together into a comprehensive study com do with it. Ice corners they were using, that was part of it, but also regular other fossils. Now, it said that the results covered Earth's temperatures over four hundred and eighty five million years, okay, And it said that basically that the Earth has been very very unstable. Climate has been very very unstable, and the Earth went through continual periods of increasing average temperatures to decreasing average temperatures. And in fact, they even quoted from fifty one wait where is it fifty one degrees to oh damn. It's so hard to do this when you're doing this live, right, But all I have to tell you is this, how can you ever say that the period of time from our industrial age till now had any significant impact? You're all a bunch of fear mongers. Now, don't cancel me saying I don't care about the Earth. Of course I do. We should be good stewards of our planet and of our earth and our atmosphere. But for God's sakes, average temperature spanned from fifty one point eight degrees fahrenheit to ninety six point eight degrees fahrenheit. Now, how the hell is that gonna work with all you climate fear mongers and the Church of climate change. If for the Church of climate change, this should be your holy scriptures, But it's not. Why Because as with most issues today, people deal with emotion and not facts, emotion and not facts, or politics not facts, And then they have the nerve to say, well, you're hateful, hateful hate, God Almighty hate has become the bullet Pooh, you're hateful, You're hateful. Bang, bang, you're hateful.
Speaker 5: No I'm not.
Speaker 4: I just don't want to see six foot four men say that they're a woman with a penis and get let into a woman's prison where they rape inmates. Boy, that's pretty damn hateful of me, isn't it. And I don't want to see my teenage daughter pummeled in high school sports and never have a chance. I don't want to see our lives significantly changed over a fear of a climate cycle that's been going on for four hundred and eighty five million years. Yet I consider myself an environmentalist. I consider myself very liberal in some areas. I consider myself very conservative in some area is And I have to tell you something, No, we don't all come in one flavor, shape or size, for God's sakes, and we shouldn't. And one thing is for sure, one thing is for Assley sure. Not one ounce of hate rules what I think about. It is based on fact and figures.
Speaker 5: Not just emotion.
Speaker 4: Emotion plays into it in some way. But you know what, I am so sick and tired. This study blows the hell out of any climate theory in the entire universe. Look in Smithsonian magazine. That's one of them. Smithsonian has it, and you can also find it in Smithsonian is the biggest one, but you'll find it as Science dot org. Our recent study titled A four hundred and eighty five million Year History of the Earth's Surface Temperature offers a comprehensive reconstruction of the Earth's climate over the past four hundred and eighty five million years. The research published in Science in September twenty twenty four and co led by the Smithsonian Institution and the University of Arizona. The study combines fossil records and climate models to provide detailed insights into historic fluctuations and climatic change. And guess what they found? There was never a period more than a few thousand years of stability. And guess what for a big part of this four hundred eighty five million years, we didn't have cars, we didn't have cow farts. What the hell is going on? How dare these people? How dare they come out with a study like this? Take the fifteen break? Or am I going crazy? I am good? I want to go to the phone. So I'm sorry, Go ahead, Wong? What's happening?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 25: Tom?
Speaker 2: Do you hear me?
Speaker 4: I sure can Wong? What's going on? Yeah?
Speaker 12: I have a internet with comcat Actinity for ten two thousand and eighteen to now okay, and I start, it's helped me fifty five bucks a month and then going yeavery year. Now it's going to nineties. And they said, I they just get from my credit card with now I AUTHORII or anything. And I called him and they said, look at my rag.
Speaker 4: Now wait a minute. Long are you complaining? Because the service has increased over the years right, But okay, so why don't you change to another service? No?
Speaker 12: No, he hit the point your tom. Yeah, I mean from a six years they have me, Oh, but have me sixteen hundred dollars and I ignore. And I didn't know how fast it is, so they said, because I have the fast, super fast speed. But I said, the modem they give me, I look it up now and I didn't get it, only three hundred myths, So I didn't get the Soviet what they said?
Speaker 11: Okay, so long?
Speaker 4: How many years do you claim you were being overcharged because you were not getting the modem to extract the service you were paying?
Speaker 12: Ye, from twenty eighteen to two? Now, just clock up of my night start look into.
Speaker 4: That and do they acknowledge this? Are they willing to make an adjustment?
Speaker 13: No, they don't.
Speaker 12: They said, I refret to upgrade my modem and so on so forth. But currently my modem two. I look at it. My modem, it can only run maximum three hundred myth Okay, how much I much?
Speaker 4: Hold on, bro? How much were you paying for.
Speaker 12: Right now? I pay a lot too, munth. I played ninety something dollar and then I'm talking to the said, oh no, no.
Speaker 4: Here's the wan Wang Wang Wong. Hold on, you said your modem will only support three hundred rate, right right? Okay?
Speaker 5: And that's hold on.
Speaker 4: And how much of a rate were you paying for? How many myths were you paying for?
Speaker 13: Right now? I'm paying for it myth?
Speaker 4: Okay, I get it. I get it. So if you were paying for eight hundred myths all these years but never able but you were never able to use it, why why did they mismatch your service with your modem all these years?
Speaker 20: Right exactly?
Speaker 4: I want okay, Wong? Did you ask them why they mismatched your service with your motive? Right?
Speaker 12: They ended? I'm just saying always send yes now, but I didn't know anything about that.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no. I I do believe they should do some kind of an adjustment for you. I think you have a good case.
Speaker 5: Here that you get up to eight hundred.
Speaker 4: So in that three hundred and okay. And by the way, what's the initials of that service? Is it? MPs?
Speaker 13: Is it?
Speaker 9: What is it?
Speaker 5: Mega?
Speaker 4: M pbs mpbs? Yeah, yes, it is mega. Okay, So listen here, here's what I want to say. I want to I want to I want to take your care. I want deputy d to to to call over there on Xfinity. Okay, where were you going to say, d Wong?
Speaker 11: What do you use this modem for? What do you use the broadband? What do you use your internet for?
Speaker 12: I did pol what's a TV? And do some shirt and looking for thing you know, like YouTube and things like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, and I don't know how fast it is.
Speaker 18: So have you experienced any problems watching TV and YouTube and internet?
Speaker 5: Show?
Speaker 4: And you're saying, yeah, but he could have had a plan with much lower speeds.
Speaker 18: Yeah, that's I'm saying that he might have over purchased the plan to begin with. But if he did over purchase, they should have matched the motive.
Speaker 12: But I didn't. I didn't reap this team, the modem, speed or anything. The guy I didn't know.
Speaker 4: So when you first when did you first hold on? When did you first sign up for this?
Speaker 11: Twenty eighteen?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 4: He he said he had this high speed? Since then? Is that when you signed up to begin with? Right?
Speaker 12: I signed up in twenty eighteen on my building from scene. Now they checked me, yet you have sixteen seventy eighteen ninety now so on together they always have me sixteen hundred.
Speaker 11: So did you ask for a refund?
Speaker 4: You know, so you can notice I would make that argument in small cleaves card. Did you ask him for a refund?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 12: I did, and I sent it to the I checked the office and the guy just end that on FCC and I probably did to say come name the SEC and the FCC told me, uh they yet basically they just in the middle guy. They just tried to talk to back and far between uh uh at Trinity and me.
Speaker 4: But okay, hold on, I gotta take a break. Just hold on, I gotta take a break. I want to give this to Deputy d. Okay, we understand what your problem is. We do, and we do believe that they probably should do something. Hang on, I'm Tom Martino three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denvers Best Roofer, Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer. When you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter of zero three seven one three talk seven one three eight y five to five Red Brox Truth and Solar. We got Brooke with us brook White from Red Brox. Okay, So on the uh, the people that buy solar, are they buying it for the environment, are they buying it for the economy of it? What are they buying it for? Mostly when you talk to people, what do you find?
Speaker 14: Almost always the economy, it's.
Speaker 4: Us They want to save money yep.
Speaker 14: And then the second behind that is mostly distrust of the grid, so having a backup power source in case something goes wrong. And then I would say third is environment. Environment's pretty well, most of the folks I deal with or are looking for those top two reasons.
Speaker 4: Oh, okay, so they just want to save money. How long somebody wants to know truly, how long if you haven't installed correctly, will the solar system go without needing service? Ooh? Roughly? I mean, in your experience, what do you think these components are pretty solid state. There's no moving parts, right, Yeah.
Speaker 14: There's no moving parts. The solar panels themselves can last thirty forty fifty years. The inverter is going to need work maybe every ten.
Speaker 4: To fifteen years. That's nothing.
Speaker 14: And then you might need a service tech to come out, like say the grid goes down or something wonky happens, just to reset your system. But typically they're pretty self sufficient.
Speaker 4: Do you run a service department?
Speaker 14: Oh, yeah, absolutely, we prefer services.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's cool. So if you have a system, even if they didn't put it in there, three oho three seven zero four two four four nine. Man, I'm getting a lot of interesting texts as well, people about this man did this mountain lion thing? Holy crap, did this mountain lying thing really really hit a nerve? The bottom line and the consensus from the people I'm hearing from, they say that it's just a sneaky way to ban hunting or discourage hunting, not just of cats, but that by increasing the cat population and not allowing you to hunt them will decrease the other populations of animals, making it unattractive to go hunting, so it will eventually be a place where you don't hunt. Now, I don't know if that's sure enough, but they see that's the hidden agenda behind it be very interesting to see what happens with this proposition as we go on.
Speaker 7: And talk about one.
Speaker 4: Okay, so one thirty one is basically the establishing of an all candidate primary and ranked choice. Is this a controversial topic?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 4: See personally ranked choice voting doesn't concern me as much as it does other people because I've always thought years ago, I want to say this very quickly, years ago, when I was doing a consumer jury on Channel four, meaning I would have products we would test, and we would have five products, and let's say that I would At first, when I first started doing it, I said, okay, if I had a panel of twenty, whoever got the most first place votes one?
Speaker 5: But then I.
Speaker 4: Realized, what if they got one got consistently number two? Like people loved it, but it was number two, but they varied on number one. So what I did back then was I gave a certain number of points for first, a certain number of points for second, a certain number of points for third, and a certain number of points for fourth. The way I did that was how many others they beat out and then I applied to formula and that was ranked choice voting. So what it really did was it took the product that appeared in the top three the most, and it ranked it on a weighted score. And isn't that what this is doing. It's taking the candidates that appear in the top choices the most.
Speaker 7: But don't you think it's going to lead to tyranny of the majority?
Speaker 20: Tom?
Speaker 7: If you're in a heavily democratic area.
Speaker 8: I think there should be a choice between the parties rather than having four Democrats or else people voting for the worst candidate in the other party so that they rigging the election, so that if there's a candidate who's let's a way out on the right, and the Democrats are voting for him or her, they're going to have somebody who doesn't belong in a ballot and get no votes.
Speaker 4: See, this is what I don't understand. I'm not going to pretend to understand this particular proposition, and I know a lot of conservatives are against it and a lot of progressives are for it. Now here's I just have to ask this does it work? Are you telling me? Let's say, let's take a Senate race and there's six people in it, and four of them are Democrat and two are Republican fighting. Now, normally the Republicans would just fight against the Republicans in the primary, and the Democrats against the Democrats. Right, are you saying they would all be heaped into one one voting.
Speaker 7: That's exactly what one does.
Speaker 19: So now top four, So if the top four just happened to be Democrats, you only have a Democrat on the ballot.
Speaker 9: But is it?
Speaker 4: Okay? But which demos? If the top four, the top four vote getters would be, you would have four candidates on the ballot.
Speaker 19: And all would be Democrats in theory, No, no, I get what you're saying.
Speaker 4: For sure, Okay, so what if? Though? What? But but isn't there a better I don't know. Isn't there a better chance of you being in an election having ranked choice than not? You're because with if you don't have ranked choice, you're either in a round. Oh but what you're saying is what you don't like is the conglomeration of the party.
Speaker 19: Correct the way it is now, you will have some Democrats and some Republican to each or so far rank choices you could possibly have either all Democrats.
Speaker 5: I see all Republican.
Speaker 4: I see that, and you're right. It does have a bit of a majority. If the majority of voters are Democrat, they're going to vote for the choices that are our Democrat first, second, third, and fourth, and the rank choice will mostly likely be whatever the majority party is. What if they had ranked choice voting. Listen to this on the Republican side versus Republican and Democrats versus Democrat, and then you take two from each.
Speaker 8: Well, that's what the primaries do, tom, If you have Republican primary, you get the best Republican candidate, and.
Speaker 4: You kind of do You're right, You're absolutely right. Yeah, you know what for for the food choices and for the comparisons I was doing in consumer stuff, it worked. I don't know if it works this way, because, as Dragon pointed out, you could end up with you know, a number of candidates from the same party running against.
Speaker 7: That was my initial concern.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I get it. I get it all right, three oh three, seven to one three talk. I don't know why my camera went dead, but it did. I'll have to check that out. It's it's life. Things get weird. At the end of the show. You know it's just crazy stuff, so I'm going to put up a test pattern anyway. Three O three seven one three eight two five five. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two