Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty Now Kelly Show.
Speaker 2: It's social Media, Facebook Gets, Stick Talk.
Speaker 3: The Viral Viral Load, Viral Load, the Viral Load, Arlad with Tony.
Speaker 4: K if I AM six forty Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. It's Tiffany Hobbs here with you. And this is Tonight's issue of the Viral Load. The first story kind of flew under my radar. I scan the Internet daily for stories to bring to you, stories that go viral over the different social media apps or YouTube or anywhere on the Internet, and this story escaped me. But I'm glad that I found it. It's a feel good story. It involves a party, and it involves the police, but it all coalesces in a wonderful moment. And what am I talking about. There's an eighty seven year old man named Doug Turner. He's from Illinois, and he decided that he wanted to throw a party, a rip roaring fun party for his neighbors. So what Doug Turner, eighty seven years old, did, is he went door to door in his neighborhood and he passed out handwritten invitations to this party. He put the invitations in mailboxes, he knocked on doors and personally handed these invitations to his neighbors. It was called the party was called a celebration of Winter, and it read February fifteenth, four pm until the Cops come, Food and drinks on offer, bring only a smile.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 4: One of his news found footage of Doug on her ring video. She saw the footage, she found it charming, She accepted the invitation, and, like is such of this current day and age, she uploaded the footage to her social media TikTok. To be exact, the footage is of Doug on her doorstep passing out this invitation, and of course it went viral millions of times over.
Speaker 2: And not only did it go viral, but.
Speaker 4: It really made this party public in a way that people started to respond.
Speaker 2: Now it got out a little out of hand.
Speaker 4: Doug's house couldn't accommodate the millions of people who saw the post. But what happened was a few dozen of his neighbors actually showed up on February fifteenth for this four pm until the Cops Come party, and they enjoyed the presence physically with Doug while that thousands of others, perhaps even hundreds of thousands of others, watched a viral stream of the party so that they could still participate. You had people like Rob Gronkowski, former football player.
Speaker 2: And now he's a pitchman.
Speaker 4: For insurance right something. You had different celebrities, big and small, people who tuned into this stream of the party on February fifteenth. The party was a success, so much so that people were saying, hey, what are you going to do next February fifteenth, And Doug said, he's pretty much all tuckered out.
Speaker 2: He doesn't want to do this anymore. This is a lot.
Speaker 4: But we do have a clip of Doug appearing on a TV show in which he described what happened during the party a rager.
Speaker 3: How did it go Saturday night?
Speaker 6: It was a rager. Yeah, we started at four pm and most of the twenty four people invited to show it up and we just ate foe and drank a beer and they even suck into my whiskey stash and drank that and that was pretty well. They lasted until midnight.
Speaker 3: You're a Scotch guy, so it's okay. If they took the whiskey.
Speaker 4: I guess, huh yeah, So, as you heard Doug Turner say, it was an absolute rager full of whiskey and fun. And yes the cops were involved, but not in a way that crashed the party. No, there was one lone cop car positioned at the end of Doug Turner's block to make sure that no unwanted guests made it to his home. So that is Doug's winter party, February fifteenth, and I guess we have to stay tuned for what he might do next year. Our second story involves something a little less fun. It's a new day, which means a new TikTok challenge. And this challenge, to me, is one of the dumbest challenges I've ever heard. It's called airport theory. And what yeah, airport theory, And what this TikTok challenge encourages people to do is to get this show up fifteen minutes before your flight in understanding that a flight very well may be held for you.
Speaker 2: That's the challenge.
Speaker 4: Show up fifteen minutes early and you will be able to board your flight.
Speaker 3: Show up as in walk in.
Speaker 4: Walk in through the doors, into the security line. From door to boarding is a fifteen minute process is what this new TikTok challenge alleges. No way in hell, No way in hell. And here's the funny part about it. You have all these people taking to TikTok, trying the challenge out going to airports. You have some who are saying, yeah, it worked. You have others who are saying, this absolutely didn't work. And not only did it not work, but I lost my flight. My flight left without me. Ironically, there's a secondary trend of people googling what do you do when you miss your flight? So it's perfectly in tandem with the TikTok challenge of showing up fifteen minutes before again. Advice that people are dishing out on TikTok not advice that should be taken seriously. It can put you in a world of hurt. Mo Kelly, what is your recommendation? The recommendation says, and this is floating around virally as well. Of course, we've all been told get to a flight or an airport two point five to three hours before your flight. Do you abide by that suggestion? When it comes to domestic international as a whole other.
Speaker 7: Animal, domestic, if I'm leaving out of lax and I'm not checking a bag, so those things are important. I am still at the airport two hours in advance, two hours in a may not checking a bag. In other words, I have just my carry on. I can just go straight to the gate through security.
Speaker 4: What is the closest you've ever come to missing a flight because of getting to an airport late or getting held up in some way in security?
Speaker 2: Have you run through an airport? Do you have a story?
Speaker 7: I've had to run to get a connection, same at O'Hare. I remember that I have never been late to the airport for a flight in my life.
Speaker 4: People who have those stories of getting to the airport just before the door goes up on the plane give me a lot of anxiety because I am like you, Mo Kelly. I have abided by the rule of you get there at least two hours ahead of time. And things might bar that from happening. But a TikTok trend to encourage people in this day and age where flights are already up bit compromised within the court of public opinion, flying is not necessarily as comfortable as we may want it to be. But to encourage people to then get there late with the expectation that their game, that this trend will avail itself so that they can film, so that they can post.
Speaker 2: It's just it's asinine.
Speaker 4: It's asinine, it's dangerous, it's stupid.
Speaker 2: Stupid is probably the best word for it.
Speaker 3: Hey, you're going to lose out a lot of money.
Speaker 7: I mean, look, if you want to risk not getting to your destination, and depending on your ticket, what type of ticket, whether it's refundable or it's going to be a change fee, if you want to risk that, knock yourself out. I'm not going to be the one who's ever going to miss a flight because of my poor choice.
Speaker 2: Hey, Mark Ronner, you listening in there?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: You have you ever had to run through an airport?
Speaker 5: Because to run through airports, I've had to spend the night in airports after missed flights.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would do.
Speaker 5: Any thing to avoid going to an airport, especially lax.
Speaker 4: What's your rule of thumb? Are you doing for domestic fights? Two point five to three hours ahead of time? Are you cutting it close? You live on the edge?
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 5: Never ever cut it close, get there hours ahead of, spend the night there before if you have to you do not want to risk. And it's getting worse as time passes. If you haven't noticed.
Speaker 2: It is it is go ahead now.
Speaker 7: I had to spend a night in the airport because when I was in college, I got snowed in at Dulles and so you know, what was I gonna do? Dulles is not close to Georgetown University. It's good, I don't know, thirty thirty five miles and back then there was no ubers. You had to get a cab and after a certain time, good luck trying to get a cab. So I had to just sleep at the airport. And then when we were able to fly out, I flew out the next morning.
Speaker 5: And here's the thing about airports. They're not designed for people to sleep in them.
Speaker 7: No, no, And I can't sleep in one of those chairs with with with an arm, get me my back.
Speaker 3: I have to sleep on the floor at that point on my luggage.
Speaker 4: That's int and the idea that you're vulnerable to people as well walking into your space.
Speaker 2: It's not comfortable or conducive. You're going to say, Mark what.
Speaker 5: There are no accidents. It's intentional that they're uncomfortable like that. They don't want you sleep in there, not at all. Just they should design our homeless policy. I think it's the same people.
Speaker 4: The bus benches and the airport chairs are very similar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, genius, pure genius.
Speaker 4: On the other side of the break, because it deserves its own segment and it should not be rushed.
Speaker 2: Trust me, there's.
Speaker 4: A wonderful clip, a sound clip that you're going to hear. And let me tell you what the caption is now, large octopus squeezes itself into small hole. Yeah, and I'll tell you all about it and why it's going viral.
Speaker 2: On the other side of the break.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty No.
Speaker 2: It's tough for my room Love Tiffany Live on caf w O Killy.
Speaker 1: She'll talk about the.
Speaker 2: Toughness on social media Rald Tiffany.
Speaker 4: Hubbs if I Am six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. It's Later with mo Kelly And this is segment two of the Viral Load with Me Tiffany Hobbs in news you didn't know you needed large octopuses Octopi, Pie Octopi.
Speaker 3: It's it's National Pie Day.
Speaker 4: In a couple of days, National pie Day. More than one octopus is an octopi. It all goes together. Look at us in sync? He talked about Backstreet Boys earlier, and I'm an InSync fan. I had to get that in there. There you go, really, yes, Yes, that's a that's a subject for another. Don't make that face insane over Backstreet all day, I guess. As a quick little deviation from the topic. Back to the topic though in news, you didn't know you needed. Large octopi can squeeze themselves into very small holes. Why because they have no bones, They only have a hard beak careful which makes their soft, muscular bodies highly flexible. Why do you need this information, you might be asking, and honestly, you probably don't. You're unlikely to encounter an octopus in the wild or in any other capacity unless you go looking for one. But should you do that and you see it squeeze into a hole, and you will understand why. This next footage went viral, and this footage has been seen all over social media. It's a video of a large octopus, again squeezing and contorting itself into a teeny tiny hole that looks to be about the size of a small saucer plate. Now, while that description of a large octopus going into a hole might not give you any sort of excitement, the next sound very well, may this is what it sounds like.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, that's me, my bed, My bad, my Micael was on.
Speaker 2: I've been waiting all week to play that clip. I've been very excited.
Speaker 3: So who was holding the mic?
Speaker 7: That's what I want to know, who was holding the microphone?
Speaker 2: I want that job.
Speaker 4: I want to be a videographer who just follows octopi around and watches them contort themselves into small spaces, just so that I can recover that sort of sound. That is amazing and that is natural courtesy of that octopus.
Speaker 2: I'm proud of it.
Speaker 3: So what do we learn from that little sound demonstration.
Speaker 4: Well, we learned that again, octopus or octopi are very skilled and their ability to contort themselves and adapt to tight spaces actually makes them effective hunters and survivors. So while that sound was fun for us to listen to, it actually is very functional. This is the way in which an octopus survives. And that video, that footage, you can find all over social media because it is going viral and there are people like me who are extremely excited about that story.
Speaker 2: I don't know about you, Mo Kelly, but I loved it.
Speaker 3: I'm not excited.
Speaker 2: You should be.
Speaker 3: But it was a tangling. Yeah I heard it. Yeah, I heard it. I heard it. I don't know if it was a videographer or fluffer, but I heard it.
Speaker 2: Big things, small spaces, Come on.
Speaker 3: Careful, OCTOPI next story.
Speaker 4: Next story that said, Okay, you might have heard of Wiley Coyote. I'm a Warner Brothers fan. Are you a Warner Brothers fan? Warner Brothers is right down the street from the studio. Well, there's a prospective Wiley Coyote movie, and that movie is called Coyote Versus Acme. Now, the movie has been yet to be released. It is shelved at this point. It was in pre production, it stalled for different reasons. Some of the stars associated with this movie include Will Forte, John Cena, and Lana Condor, and Will Forte has actually spoken out about it. He is saying this movie needs to be released, that it's an abomination that their work has yet to be seen by the masses. But what Will Forte is saying is not what's going viral. What's going viral is that earlier this week, a dedicated fan dressed as Wiley coyotedy and protested outside of Warner Brothers Studios right down the street here from KFI. This person dressed completely as Wildly Coyote, and he held up a cute little sign that looks like it's straight out of the cartoon, and it said simply no, release me, release me. He's picketing. Wiley Coyote is a protester. Now he has to be careful because I hear those things are not welcome. You're Illgal might mess around and get himself deported. But it is all in conjunction with the press and the marketing for this yet to be released movie that is considered to be live action and animation. It's a hybrid of the two, and who knows when it will come out. It was supposed to come out in twenty twenty three. We're now in twenty twenty five, but the materials there apparently, and Wildly Coyote, the protester is demanding that it be shown, and he has gone viral all over social media.
Speaker 7: We have someone who's connected to that movie who is the voice of Bugs Bunny and other characters. Eric Bowser, who was a guest on this show, and he'd been fighting for the past two years to your point to get this movie released, and it's it's never been clear to me why it has been released.
Speaker 3: Because it's done, the movie is complete, you know, release it to HBO, Max, yeah.
Speaker 2: Something.
Speaker 4: And one of the things that Will Forte, one of the stars, is saying is that it was possibly shelved due to budgeting back in twenty twenty three, some sort of restructuring there at Warner Brothers Discovery. But all of these people involved are saying, we need it to come out.
Speaker 2: Why it's done? Why are we holding onto it?
Speaker 7: Just like he said, yeah, there's something else And maybe Mark you know about this as well.
Speaker 3: Remember the whole Batwoman movie that they shoved as well.
Speaker 5: It was a write down and it really broke a lot of people's hearts because it's not like those studios never put out anything subpar.
Speaker 3: Just release it. What are you ashamed of at this point?
Speaker 7: I mean, if Madam Webb can come out, I know, different studio, but if a studio can release Madam Webb, oh yes, the bar is low, okay, and no one is going to judge you differently.
Speaker 3: I don't get it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's been a lot of good word about the Warner Brothers movie as well. Everybody who's seen it has high praise for it, so it's kind of baffling why they're keeping that under lock and key.
Speaker 4: Well, people might get out there with Wily Coyote and protest that this movie be released. If he continues to go viral, he's definitely amassing a fan base of his own as he stands on the corner with his cute little white sign before you go to break, Steph, can we play that octopus squeezing itself into a small hole one more time?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 3: I guess so so much. Any window there, squeeze yourself.
Speaker 2: I've been there, you get in there. Mark loves it.
Speaker 5: That's usually the sound something makes when it's coming out of the hall. Al I can think almost like Caddy shack the hole.
Speaker 2: That's tonight's spiral load.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI A M six forty