Speaker 1: I'm Wednesday afternoon, nineteen minutes, but for us sixteen minutes past the hour two o'clock, a little late today, did a little cross talk with our guy James and also the Brown Bear, Brian Brown.
Speaker 2: But hello, how are you happy? Wednesday?
Speaker 1: Halfway through that work week? You are one day closer.
Speaker 2: To the weekend.
Speaker 1: It is great to have you with us on this hot June Wednesday afternoon here in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah. Sunny outside, beautiful day. Good to have you along for the ride.
Speaker 2: Happy Draft Day.
Speaker 1: Excited for tonight. We're gonna have great draft coverage for you guys. I'll be anchoring our coverage. James will be producing. We're gonna have porter at the Zions Bank Basketball Center and Gordy Chiasa Richard Smith, who combined have about ninety years of experience in the world of talent evaluation and draft nights and professional basketball and the coaching and administration side. We'll be live in studio, excited to catch up with them and excited to bring the best coverage of the draft in the market to you. A lot to do, a lot to do, a lot of rumors surrounding what we could see tonight one roomor surrounding the Jazz making inquiries about a superstar player who plays for the Boston Celtics, namely Kalen Brown. Boston has already shed a bunch of salaries, They've already made a bunch of movement. Drew Holliday as a Blazer, Kristaps Porzengis is a member of the Atlanta Hawks. We'll talk about all the deals that have happened and get to the potential movement or lack thereof, for the Utah Jazz, who as of now have number five and number twenty one in the first round and a couple of second rounders to boot. It is a big day for the Jazz. It is a big night for the Jazz. It's a big night for this organization. Get a top five pick. You just don't want to get it wrong. A lot of people do. That's part of the deal. I will go over the latest mock drafts from all the draft experts and tell you what they're saying about the potential for the Jazz to draft at five. So a lot to do, busy show. That's not the only thing going on, of course. We talked about the college football landscape a lot yesterday, we'll get to know Ryder Lines a little bit more. Do some Utah football, do some BYU off season football as well.
Speaker 2: Sixty six days away.
Speaker 1: From Kim in the world of college football, So busy, busy show on this Wednesday afternoon, we are going to start with Tim Bontemps from ESPN. I would imagine Tim will be live at the draft, that's my best guess, and he'll give us kind of a scene setter and let us know.
Speaker 2: What he's hearing.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about all the deals that have gone down. Are the Jazz really in on the Jalen Brown sweepstakes? With the Celtics really move on from Jalen Brown. We'll get into it with Tim Bontemps, Rafael Barlow from the NBA Big Board. Once upon a time started by our good friend Chad Ford. Shout out Chad Ford, a early mentor of mine in the draft process. Chad was doing at a high level for a long long time. I believe Chad lives here now. He spent some time on the North Shore because he's a very smart man. But Raphael took over from Chad doing a great job front of the program. He'll stop by today move over to the voice of the Jazz Craig Bowler.
Speaker 2: Jack, a good dat out bowler on the program.
Speaker 1: We'll get a scene center from Craig what he's hearing on the jazz side of things. Spencer, letting our buddy from BYU TV. We'll do some college football, some college basketball Spencer today, move into the five o'clock hour of the program, and then we will say good night at six and then make way for our draft coverage. Myself, Richard Smith, Gordy Chiasa on a busy Wednesday show, and it's good to have you with us. Timbon Temps, Raphael Barlow, Craig Bowler, Jack, Spencer, Linton Me, Spence, checkets, all of you, the great listeners, and that guy Porter Larson who is wearing a collared shirt. You made me nervous for you when I saw I didn't know you were going to the ZBBC. Like, what are you doing wearing a collared shirt?
Speaker 3: You asked, and I quote, you just come back from court.
Speaker 2: Well that is that?
Speaker 3: Where is that?
Speaker 2: This the assumption? Now, well, here's the deal.
Speaker 1: So when it comes, if you ever see me in a suit and a tie, just know one of two things has happened. I had to be a court or I had to go to the bank, okay, or me with a lawyer. Okay, those are the three things that I'll wear a tie for. I broughte funeral's weddings. You have a wedding yvy church. Who knows it's been them inte there. But anyway, that's fair.
Speaker 3: I mean I I did have to point out that I am still wearing slippers. So no no court today, no appearances, no depositions, none of the like. Just doing some draft stuff. And once I run out of clean shirts with no collars, that's when I wear my collar shirts.
Speaker 1: Okay, now fair enough, fair enough, Okay, let me ask you before we dig into it.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've asked you this.
Speaker 1: I asked all of our NBA guess you watched a lot of college basketball you started the draft. Best case realistic scenario if the Jazz Day had five for you is who and why?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I like Trey Johnson more and more, I really do. I know you waiver back and forth that the number five pick Spence is an interesting one in a draft where I think obviously there's a clear number one, but I also think there's kind of a clear number three two as well. I think Trey Johnson, if you stay and just pick the number five pick, that's kind of the guy that I have zeroed in on. But I we also do think there's some options where he and a few other players are available at five and the Jazz are able to work some other things out. We shall see in a matter of what about four hours from right now.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed it's a late night for us. We're gonna be on air live for about six hours. I'll be ready for a nap after we're done. But our first guest today will be Tim Bontemps from ESPN. But before we get to timmy goodtime bond Temps. Courtesy of our good friends at Prize Picks.
Speaker 2: On a Wednesday afternoon, it's time now for your opening tip.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the Drive with Spence Check its on Utah's number one Sports Talk. Now into the studios of ESPN seven hundred to set the scene for the show. The opening tip of the Drive is brought to you by Prize Picks. Use the code ESPN seven hundred and run your game with Prize Picks.
Speaker 1: All right, let's be very clear, it is a massive day for the Utah Jazz Organization. It is a massive night for the Utah Jazz Organization. You cannot get this one wrong. It is a top five pick. And of course that's just where they're at right now, and there's a chance they could move and we'll dig in all the scenarios the mock drafts that have been released today. This is the up to date mock drafts from the people that do this for a living. So our friend Rafael Barlow, who's going to join us coming up in just about thirty five minutes from right now, as the Utah Jazz taking Trey Johnson out of Texas said Number five NBC's draft has Jeremiah Fears going to the Jazz at five. The Ringer has Conker Nipple out of Duke going to the Jazz at five. No Ceilings has Ace Bailey going to the Jazz at five, and then both ESPN Jonathan Gavoni and the athletic Sambassini.
Speaker 2: Those are the two that I read.
Speaker 1: The most have the Jazz taking Jeremiah Fears, the point guard out of Oklahoma. So those are the names the experts have linked to the Utah Jazz as of now. A far more interesting scenario that has been well, the talks have been reported, nothing has been reported as far as something that's im in it, something that's on the horizon. So we're going to discuss two different scenarios here as far as the potential the Jazz actually making a move instead out of drafting at five or twenty one, or the couple of second rounders they also have in their back pocket. So obviously there are synergistic relationships between the Utah Jazz front office and the Boston Celtics front office. Danny Ainge hired Brad Stevens to coach the Celtics, and Danny Ainge was involved in the scenario hand picking Brad to be his replacement when he decided to first step back from his full time responsibilities and then ultimately retire from the Boston Celtics. Obviously, the retirement lasted a year because he landed here, moved to Provo so he could be with his family more, and then Ryan Smith hired him to be the CEO of Jazz Basketball, and obviously, Austin Inge, Danny's son, stuck around Boston and worked for Brad in a high level capacity for a number of years and now Austin is here. I'll add to the layer that Will Hardy, the Utah Jazz head coach, was the number one assistant coach for Emi Udoka for a couple of years in Boston, and therefore is familiar with the front office, familiar with Danny, familiar with Austin, and also familiar with Brad Stevens, who worked for and the players that currently play for the Boston Celtics that were there when Will was an assistant coach, namely Jalen Brown. All Right, so there's a scenario in play here, and I'm not sure if this will even come close to happening. And if Boston had not already made the moves they had made, maybe this would be more likely. And there is a world where this continues to remain likely. So Brad Stevens and the Boston Celtics, over the course of the past forty eight hours, have saved their ownership group over two million dollars as a result of two transactions. The Celtics received George Niang and a second round pick. The Hawks received Chris STAPs Porzingis and a second round pick. The Nets get Terrence Mann and a first round pick. The Nets have six first round picks in the draft tonight as they continue their rebuild. Okay, so that's one deal they made. The other deal they made is the Portland Trailblazers, who actually played well down the stretch last year, are very much trying to establish this defensive culture right under head coach Chauncey Billips. They've got a bunch of really good young defenders on that roster. So they grabbed Drew Holliday, who was actually in Portland once upon a time. They send Anthony Simons, a talented yet mercurial, kind of confusing young player who can really fill it up, and there's a lot to like about him, but he's not very efficient, doesn't make great decisions, but he's a good athlete can really score. Boston gets a couple of second rounders there as well, and so as a result of those two transactions, the Boston Celtics have saved over two hundred million dollars in luxury tax economic punitive penalties. Okay, so they've already really established or excuse me, they've already really accomplished what they set out to accomplish to start this offseason. But it does bring in a question whether or not. They want to go all in on a reset while Jason Tatum sits next year with a torn achilles tendon, potentially grabs some draft capital and maybe move on from a player who they've already paid three hundred million dollars for. And that player is Jalen Brown. So Jalen Brown is really good. There's your analysis.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: I can remember when the Jazz were discussing the Mitchell options. One of the things I talked about is maybe you call Boston ask about Jalen Brown, and therefore you don't lose your young twenty five year old superstar for nothing or just you know, pennies on the dollar. And I'm not saying they got pennies on the dollar for Donovan, but there's a world that exists where I don't know that they got enough for him ultimately. The example I continue to use is both OKC and Indiana parlaying Paul George into generational cornerstones for both those franchises that just made the NBA Finals. One got Tyree Saliburton in a roundabout way as a result.
Speaker 2: Of what they received for Paul George.
Speaker 1: The other got SGA at a bunch of picks that one of them included Jalen Jalen Williams. So did the Jazz get enough for Donovan? Of course, we're not going to do much on that today, but Jalen was one of the names that I looked at, like, man, maybe they could grab him. He's twenty eight years old, he's six seven, he's two twenty five. Danny drafted him. He can guard multiple positions, He's a high level scorer. There's some stuff in the postseason that's always been a little bit odd. For his career, he's nineteen points, he's five boards, he's three sis. Last year he was twenty two points, six rebounds, five assists, shooting thirty three percent from three forty seven percent from a floor. And at the age of twenty eight, he's still very much in his prime. Okay, So there have been multiple outlets over the course of the last twenty four hours that have indicated the Jazz and the Celtics have discussed the framework of a Jalen Brown deal.
Speaker 2: Here's the problem. If you're the.
Speaker 1: Jazz, and if you're gonna do this, you have to hold on to marketing, and you have to hold on to Kessler, and I think you have to hold on to five tonight quite frankly. And if you're Boston, if you're gonna trade Jalen Brown, you're asking for a king's ransom. But if you don't hold on to marketing, if you don't hold on to Kessler, if you don't hold on hold on to five, there's no point in trading for Jalen Brown because if you just exchange marketing for Jalen like old, Jalen's a better player, I will die on that hill, much better player. But you know what, are you like a thirty six thirty seven win team, and therefore next year there's no forward traction. The other thing is, if you trade for Jalen Brown, and if you hold on a market in, if you hold on a Kessler, if you hold on a five, you might as well just call Oklahoma City and say, hey, good luck drafting you with our pick next year that we're gonna lose cause we're gonna be outside of the top eight, and therefore it just goes to Okay. See how much motivation is there from Austin age.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: If I had to guess, I don't think the Jazz do this deal. If I had to guess, I think Boston's probably asking for too much. And I think the Jazz probably make the pick tonight to five, probably make the pick of twenty one, maybe even two second rounders, and continue to try to shed salary with some of their veteran pieces.
Speaker 2: But in the name of a long game.
Speaker 1: I don't think they're taking a massive step forward anytime soon.
Speaker 2: But only time will tell. Oh, we got a busy show, a lot to do, don't forget.
Speaker 1: We'll say good night for this show at six o'clock Mountain time, and then make way for our live NBA draft coverage, which I will be anchoring and live in studio. We will have Gordy Chiasa and Richard Smith combined. That's like ninety years of NBA talent evaluation experience, So pump for that and pump for this. I would imagine we're going live to Brooklyn where we find Tim Bontems from ESPN.
Speaker 2: Is that a fair Is that a fair assumption? Timmy?
Speaker 5: You on the ground, I can't keep up with Gordonia. But yeah, I'm sitting on the floor at Barclay Center right now, where we'll be actually starting a few hours, and we'll see how everything shakes out.
Speaker 2: Okay, very nice.
Speaker 1: Well, I appreciate you making time for a little old Salt Lake City radio station on Draft Day.
Speaker 2: Tim, it's very nice of you.
Speaker 1: And I'll start with whether or not you have any intel on all of these rumors. And it makes sense, right there's a lot of synergies between the Boston front office and the Jazz front office for obvious reasons, and Boston appears to be motivated.
Speaker 2: She had some salary.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't trade Jalen Brown, but a lot of people reporting that are conversations between the two for a framework of a deal that would land Jalen Brown in Salt Lake. Are you hearing anything along these lines, Tim, I mean.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of stuff going on today. I think we'll see what happens over the next few hours. But I mean on the podcast, we say actions over words, and if you look get the actions of the last two days, the Celtics have saved about two hundred and fifty million dollars in two trades. So given the Jason Tatum injury, given where this team is at, you would certainly expect them to probably be looking in a more of a gap year situation this year. And so therefore if they could make some moves to have a longer term lens on their franchise, and maybe they'll do it. However, I would say that if they're going to move off from Jalen Brown or Derek White, I would expect the price to be pretty high. In both cases, it's not really high. So I would be surprised if a deal gets done with Utah or anyone else. But I learned in February that I will never say that I won't be surprised again after Luka Danci's trade, and so I will boke that in this situation and say that while you know, usually there's a lot of talk about trades like this and they don't happen in general, I learned in February to never assume anything is impossible, and so we'll wait.
Speaker 1: See what happened for sure, And look, excuse me. Jalen is awesome. I've always loved him. You know, he was a pack twelve kid. So we saw some college ball of his out this way. Best year probably twenty twenty two, twenty seven point seven boards, four assists. He's a career thirty five percent shooter from three, which is fine, not great, But there's so many things he can do that are so dynamic. But Tim, the only way this makes sense for the Jazz is if they're able to hold on to Marketing in Kessler and probably even Five. Like the framework of a deal would be all of these expiring veteran contracts to match the salaries Colin Sext and whatever, and then probably a bevy of picks. But if they're asking for Marketing and Kesler and like five, well, I don't really see the point in bringing in Jalen So I figure from a jazz standpoint, it only makes sense if you can hold on to your other good players.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I mean, honestly, I think it would be I would be particularly surprised if the deal happens with Utah for the reasons you just said. I don't really see why it makes sense for Utah, and I don't really see why it makes sense for Boston. The price point doesn't really match up on either side. I mean, the Jazz have this top eight protected pick this year, I don't expect them to be very good. I would think you maybe ramp it up in a year after that Spires, and like you said, I just at the price point, it's difficult to see how it gets to a place where it makes sense for both sides to do a deal. Does it mean it's impossible, doesn't mean it won't happen, But intellectually it's hard to see where a trade ultimately would make sense for both sides. Or you walk away from it saying yeah, I get why both teams are doing it, both for now and in the future. So bright, Like I said before, we'll see what happens. I'm not ruling anything out anymore in the NBA, but you know, this time of year, a lot of things are said, not a lot of things. I mean a lot of things happen, but a lot more things are said that do happen ultimately, and I suspect that will probably be the case on this month.
Speaker 2: The other rumor that's been out there.
Speaker 1: And you know, in today's day and age, I get aggregated every day. I know somebody like you, it's that times ten. So I always have a hard time understanding who exactly is reputable, who out there is aggregating what is actually real. And I don't know if San Antonio would move off of two. It feels like, you know, with what Oklahoma City has shown you, the term redundancy might need to be thrown out the window. Just get a bunch of dudes between six four and six' eight that are, awesome and whether That's Stefan castle And Dylan harper and you're throwing A Darren, fox maybe there's not the.
Speaker 2: Redundancy maybe we figured there would be once upon a.
Speaker 1: Time but you, know if San antonio is willing to move off of, two when The jazz have done their calculation like everybody, else that they Think dylan can be a franchise, piece something like a marketing and five in exchange for like A Harrison barnes Of Keldon johnson and two seems to make more sense because then you can actually back up the Austin age assertion that we are not going to manipulate minutes to tank and just play young kids and not be very. Good and Maybe dylan's kind of a cornerstone you've been after the entire. Time any thoughts on that potential. Scenario, YEAH i mean.
Speaker 5: That's a very fun trade machine. Trade uh you, KNOW i WOULD i would put it in the same bucket as what we just talked. About AND i would also, say like we talked about the last, TIME i was on the idea that you're not gonna quote unquote, Tank you're not going to quot unquote manipulate. Minutes there's still a lot of ways to be bad even if you're even if you're not quote unquote manipulating minutes or quote unquote. Tanking, Right, like we just saw The Portland Trail places trade For Drew. HOLLIDAY i don't particularly understand why they did, so but like they're trying to win. Games The Phoenix suns are also not very. Good they're gonna be active this week trying to trade for a bunch of players to get. Better now they're gonna be trying to win. Games The Doors felcans just trade For Jordan. Poole that's a move that they made to try to win.
Speaker 2: Games.
Speaker 5: Right those might be the, twelve thirteenth and fourteenth best teams in The west this. Year so if you're The, jazz Like i'm, like, look if The jazz Get Doing, HARPER i would, say Get Dylan. ARPER i suspect they can't Get Dylan, arper BUT i would also just say in, GENERAL i don't really see a lot of worlds where The jazz are good next, year no matter what they, say they're going to try to do or not. Do AND i think that's part of, why to, me you're at least a year away from really trying to go in the other direction in terms of trying to push, forward simply because The west is an absolute bear on a nightly, basis and the Jazz is have an awful lot of work to do to even get to or some of these other. Teams AND i.
Speaker 2: Tend to agree with.
Speaker 1: You and you know you've been coming on the show for almost six, Years, tim so by now you should know THAT i really am a good TIME nba trade machine type of talk show.
Speaker 2: Host do you understand?
Speaker 6: That?
Speaker 5: Right, hey, listen. Listen that is the whole. POINT i would say that to be, facetious that's the whole point of, today, Right like this is a fun if you're AN nba, Fan like today is a fun, day, RIGHT i mean for me it feels like gay made at THE Nba finals because it's been a long. Month but but, yeah, look this is a fun. Day and then on a on a day like, this when there's a lot of stuff in the air and there's a lot of teams that are actively trying to make, moves and, frankly there's a lot of teams that aren't going to be able to do a lot of stuff past today because there's not a lot of gap space this. Summer there's not a lot of interesting free agents this. Summer like this could easily be the most consequential day of the. Summer and so because of, that like there's a lot of stuff floating, around there's a lot of there's a lot of things that are in. Play you, know The nets have five first round, picks, right they got fifteen or seventy percent of the draft on themselves, today what are they going to? Do you, know there's a lot of intrigue in the top. Ten nobody's really Certainly utah is gonna. Do you, know it's it's it's gonna BE i, think a really interesting and fun. Night and it is the night where if you're a fan of the, jazz like you should be sitting there, thinking, hey like maybe this could happen or maybe that could. Happen like that's sort of the whole point of, it and it'll be very interesting On austin's first time running a draft, room even though he's been in a draft room many, times to see what he decides to do and where The jazz decide to.
Speaker 2: Go let me ask you about that.
Speaker 1: DYNAMIC i do want to get to some other things from a macro, Perspective i've already buried the. Lead we actually do have a team that was just historic and won the, championship And Kevin durant A, rockett and we'll get to some of those things just a, moment but you, know it really. Is And i've had a bunch of guests talk about, this including the two gentlemen that will be by my side tonight With smittie And. Gordy IT'S i don't know That i'll use the term, unprecedented but it's pretty rare, that just a couple of weeks before potentially one of the biggest decisions this organization has had to make in a long, time in a very paramount, offseason you bring in an entirely new decision maker and tell a staff that it's been reporting to other, people like all of your work is now kind of at the fingertips of your new.
Speaker 2: Boss who is this gentleman?
Speaker 1: Here As austin walks into the, room what sort of dynamic do you think that brings In ryan was very. Clear Ryan smith was very, clear this is his show, now and there's a staff of scouts and talent evaluators that have been working hard for years reporting to other people that now have a new.
Speaker 2: Boss what sort of dynamic do you think that.
Speaker 5: MAKES i, mean, look obviously it'll be, different BUT i don't think it's going to be that big of a. DEAL i, Mean i've gotten to Know austin over the. Years he's a really good. GUY i think he and Usin vannik and obviously you know his father is. There Will hardy is a great. Guy, like that's a very good group of. People they all have experienced with each other and around each. OTHER i think that the synergy of that will all be. Fine and look Like austin has been studying this stuff for years, too, Right it's not like he's coming from The New England. Patriots SO i, think, like obviously it's different if you have a new, Boss BUT i think in, general, LIKE i think the general themes are probably going to be fairly similar to.
Speaker 2: Before.
Speaker 5: Now look if they go trade For Jalen, brown but, yeah then obviously that's a way different paths than the one The jazz have been on the last couple of. Years BUT i think that the synergy of all those guys together will be. Fine and like we talked about the last TIME i was, ON i think The jazz are in a really good a really good position across the board. Organizationally now the question is how do you get the talent level to match the rest of, it and that you, know in a small market in this new era of THE nba where it's very difficult to have success in the draft in terms of jumping up to get A Cooper flag or to get A Dylan, harper, right you need a lot of luck to do. That we saw the four worst record teams all slide down four five worst in this year's, lottery so you, know like it's it's it's it's going to be a. Challenge BUT i think The jazz are well position to be able to turn things around with the people they. Have and you, KNOW i Think austin was you, know is a, guy LIKE i, said EITHER i have not a long. TIME i think he deserves an opportunity like, this AND i think the synergy there with all those guys together should be should be pretty good and it should lead to WHAT i hope is a good situation for The Jazz forer quite a while to, come all.
Speaker 1: Right so over the draft and then we'll end with the okc stuff and your thoughts On durant and who in The west can actually Make Oklahoma city uncomfortable with anybody for the next couple of years as they'll continue to stay. TOGETHER i want The Tim bontemp's take on The Ace bailey. Story WHO i was actually looking this up yesterday BECAUSE i had A tv hit last night to preview the draft. Tonight six months, Ago Cavoni thesini From The. ATHLETIC a lot of the draft experts Had flag.
Speaker 2: At, one and then it Was harper Or bailey a.
Speaker 1: Two now that tide shifted about three months ago when it clearly Became dilling it, Too but up until a few weeks, ago it was Staunchly ace at.
Speaker 2: Three so we know the deal he. NOW i want to be. Careful ace is.
Speaker 1: Eighteen his agent is someone Named Omar, cooper Who i've read is somewhat new with.
Speaker 2: This this is.
Speaker 1: Not a reflection Of ace's decision, making but he continues to tap out of, workouts and we could debate whether or not these individual workouts mean.
Speaker 2: Anything but typically tim in the.
Speaker 1: Past if you're going to cancel all these, workouts you have a, promise and maybe you. Do but he Canceled philly at, three and he doesn't have a promise of one or. TWO i wouldn't imagine he. Does maybe tonight will shock us. All but what do you make of how This Ace bailey story is unfolded and what do you think it means for him?
Speaker 5: TONIGHT i, MEAN i think we'll see what happens over the next few. Hours BUT i suspect that they have a destination in, mind and you, KNOW i, think you, KNOW i think if they get where they want to go and they feel good about, it then you, know it wouldn't be the first time that we've seen this kind of thing, happen you. KNOW i mean, Famously Kobe bryant Got john cal part and not take him with The New Jersey nets twenty thirty years, ago and he ended up with The. Lakers you, know we've seen a lot of instances in the past where, uh you, know Like Jalen, WILLIAMS i think shut. Down you, know you mentioned the thunder went in the. Title i'm pretty Sure Jalen williams is The thunder shut, down his workouts are after the combine and ended up going to The thunder at. Twelve, like this isn't A this isn't really a new. Phenomenon, obviously there's a lot of intrigue about it because of Where ace is sitting in the, Draft but you, KNOW i don't Think ace has falling out of the top. TEN i don't think it's falling out of the top six to seven. Personally and you, know, look this is one of those things where if he ends, up LIKE i, said if he ends up in the destination he hopes to be, in and LIKE i, said it does seem like he has one and he ends up having a great, career then we'll look back on it and, say, hey good job by him getting to the place he wanted to go and it all worked out, great, Right so you, KNOW i think that's just sort of how you know at times in the. Draft, like, look if you think about it this, way if you're a, player right you're going into THE Nba, Draft you're likely going to be with your team for if you're good for the next. Decade, Right so if you have a, chance in my, opinion if you have a chance to influence where you're going to work for the next ten. Years, YEAH i would be and going to try to do that.
Speaker 7: If it was.
Speaker 5: Me now will it? Work do they have a? Plan these are all good, questions like we will see what happens. Tonight BUT i do think, that you, KNOW i can understand why any player would do, That and, Honestly i'm a little surprised that we don't see more of that from guys at the very top of the. Draft like, Famously John elway was, Like i'm not playing for The colts way back in the, day, right you, KNOW i managed That i'm not playing for The San Diego. Chargers Hey mann went back to the, School so you want to play for The. Jets that has happened more in football that it's happened in THE, nba which is. INTERESTING i don't really know why the answer is to. That but we haven't ever seen like a number like Said Cooper plague this year was LIKE i don't want to play for The. Mavericks i'm gonna go somewhere. Else like we just haven't really ever seen that. Before but LIKE i, said for a guy to have the next nine or ten years decided by some pingpong balls or a trade or a random thing like. THAT i can understand if somebody's, Like i'd rather go somewhere else to try to get. There and by the, way the other thing, Too, spence is, like if The sixers want to take As, bailey nothing's stopping them from taking, them, Right it's, like it's not like there's like any rule against.
Speaker 6: It you, know.
Speaker 5: If he didn't work them. Out And i'm with you, ALSO i know you weren't making a commentary on. IT i think these workouts are, silly and there's voluminous evidence of what all these guys do in. GAMES i would be a lot more in that than what they're doing in a you, know a ran to work out In. May but you, know it's all part of the. Process and again it's one of many reasons why this draft night in particular is going to be pretty. Interesting all.
Speaker 1: Right, so since you AND i last, Spoke Oklahoma city culminated what tim was a historic, season as you and, others you, know McMahon and mcminnimon and everybody that joins us from your outlet have outlined all year, long and maybe we should have been a little bit more frosty to the scenario and just giving them their flowers instead of waiting to see if they could do what they just. Did i'm always skeptical of a young group that has never had a deep playoff, run but they shut everybody up and deserving. Champs so we'll get to The pacer side of. It The halliburton stuff. Sucks The east is wide. Open but my two tiered question for, You tim is what Did Oklahoma City championship say to you about where they are now and where they could be if they continue to make these savvy moves with surrounding this group with the right.
Speaker 2: Pieces this was.
Speaker 5: The Worst thunder team that we'll probably see for the next five or six, years assuming barring, health and they won the. Title that's what it said to. Me like they're second and third best players of twenty. Two they have thirteen players twenty seven and. UNDER i Think Alice brusso is thirty one And Kenner williams is thirty or vice. Versa every single other guy on the team is twenty seven or. Younger they have the fifteenth big in the draft to, night and they're probably gonna trade up into the lottery to get another. Guy they have talent out the. Wazoo they've got the best management team in the. League they've got an unbelievable ecosystem there of development and culture and those guys playing together and being committed to the same. Goal they've got THE mvp of the, League Azeguios, alexander who just had one of the great seasons of the history of the, sport WINNING, mvp winning the scoring, title winning FINALS. Mvp, like there's four guys that have ever done, That, Shack, Michael, Jordan, kareem And Shay. Like that's a pretty damn good, list, Right so you, know you start to look at where they're. AT i, mean, yes they had people doubt them all, year like the twenty fourteen to Fifteen. Warriors that's the team who they don't play the same way And shaye doesn't play Like. Steph but that's the team that they've reminded me of all. Year a team that won sixty six, games the team that was doubted all the way. Through, frankly a team those data when they won the title because of some injuries in the, FINALS i think unfairly at the, time, Right and they now have this young core like that team With raymond And. Clay these guys Have chet And Jalen. Williams they all should extend this. Summer they're all going to be together a long, time And i'm very excited as a basketball fan for their. Future And i'm also excited for THE nba that they won BECAUSE i, think you, know this is now seven straight years of the new. Champion it's been eleven of the eleven different teams out of a possible fourteen in the finals over those seven. Years both of those are. Records at the same, time This, bob this has been the NBA's era of. PARODY i think that era is over very, likely AND i think The thunder are the new big kids on the block to take. Down and if you look at the history of THE, nba THE nba is typically better off while parody is fun when there is a giant to be. Slain AND i think This thunder team does it the right way and they're going to be awfully good for a long. Time AND i think they're fun to, watch AND i think it's going to be very fun to see how the, team how the league tries to catch up to, them and what it looks like for teams trying to, catch you, know trying to take them down next year in the years to come after.
Speaker 1: That so you tiered every team in the, league AND i have your piece in front of, me and adjacent to, THAT i have THE Nba vegas. Odds so the QUESTION i would like to ask you is who in The west lives in the same cul de sac As Oklahoma. City but the reality is the answer is probably. Nobody denver gave them the stiffest challenge in the, postseason but Maybe Josh kronki is Trading Nikola. Jokic that was a really weird thing to say. Yesterday Obviously i'm joking he's not going to do. That The vegas odds Have houston with Kad now on the roster In minnesota as the two teams in The west that have odds that are somewhat, close even though there's a big gap BETWEEN okac and the rest of The. West who do you think next year can at least make them? Uncomfortable and again we'll just assume full.
Speaker 5: Help, YEAH i, mean if you're looking at that overall tiers PIECE i did the other, day IT'S i think the three teams in that next group Ex, houston It's, denver and It's, minnesota like AND i would say probably either in that order or Maybe, Denver houston and Then. Minnesota Like, Denver denver was one quarter away from probably Beating Oklahoma. City, right they've Got, nikolejokic if they can add anything this summer and have some health in the, playoffs like don't have a chance Like dakolokic feels Like lebron did about eight nine years, ago, right like every time he plays feels like the inevitable, force and he felt even like the inevitable force in that. SERIES i just felt like they were going to find a way to win In Oklahoma city summed it at the end and. One but there'll Be delby there to be heard. From AND i Think. Houston we'll see About, MINNESOTA i think they're a little bit farther, away especially if they lose players this, offseason which they probably will in some form as they're getting pretty. Expensive BUT i Think houston is going to be really.
Speaker 6: GOOD i think.
Speaker 5: Rafel stun's done a really good. Job you. Know The fred Van vliet extension today is an example of. That like you've seen a lot of teams kind of throw money around and The rockets have DONE i, think an excellent job of properly paying their, players which sounds silly to talk, about but in the new economic reality that the league is, in every extra dollar you spend comes at a, cost and The rockets really haven't spent any extra dollars, Anywhere and even in THE kd trade they gave up as minimal a return as they. Could they kept all their best young. PLAYERS i really like THEIR i think it was the one team that made sense For Kevin durant to go to from a fit. STANDPOINT i think he makes them a lot better just Taking Jalen green's, minutes which is basically what he'll, do and they've got a ton of athletic defenders around him to make it easier on him. Defensively to this point in his, career he's not that much of an impact player at that end of the. Court and, LOOK i don't think they're gonna Beat Oklahoma, city but that would be an, awfully awfully fun, series like sign me up for A West, finals not only With katie going back TO, okc but you've got you, Know shay And jalen And chet And Cason wallace and all those. Dudes going up against the Men, thompson who's an absolute, ouse And Jabari smith And Tari easton And Al parrenshangoon And Fred Van vliet And Kevin durant like, that that would be an awesome series and super fun to, watch and it could be a matchup we see for a few years. Now so we will see where the summer, Goes we'll see what other players move. Around there's a lot that's still left, happen including. Tonight BUT i do think That houston team is going to be awfully, good AND i think it's going to be very interesting to see sort of what the next few weeks shake look like in terms of how The west shakes out and where things. Sit But i'll Take houston And i'll Take, denver AND i think both of them could end up Getting Olkahoma city.
Speaker 1: A lot of trouble BEFORE i, say you lose, Him let's move out, east where no part of me will ever be A pacer.
Speaker 2: FAN i can't do. IT i, tried BECAUSE i think.
Speaker 1: It's a likable group AND i Like rick a, lot but tremendous respect for a team that nobody saw coming to get To game seven in THE Nba, finals AND i was gutted WHEN i Saw tyres go. Down like everybody, ELSE i thought the same. THING i don't like to do the doctor thing as a sports socc radio. Host but while we have to give them their, Flowers Dame Tatum, tyres the injuries also indicate this conference could be wide. OPEN i don't want to be disrespectful to any assist longtime assistant, coach.
Speaker 2: Nor WOULD i be to a guy Like mike And.
Speaker 1: Norri Jeff Van gunny once upon a time an assistant coach and nobody knew about who rose to become one of the best coaches In nick. HISTORY i don't know who's going to coach The. KNICKS i don't know what The cavs look like when the pressure's. On orlando's, intriguing But, Boston milwaukee And indiana are. Compromised so BEFORE i say you, loose my two part question is your thoughts on what we just saw from The pacers and how do you view The Eastern conference in a vacuum next?
Speaker 5: Season all, out the players were a remarkable. STORY i was definitely going to pick them to get out of The east again next. YEAR i was really excited to see what they would look like next. Year, obviously it was devastating to See Terry salbert and get. HURT i, mean the way he. PLAYS i am at least pretty hopeful and optimistic that he'll be able to come back really well from this. Injury AND i think once he is, back a lot of the stuff they were doing is still going to be transferable and they'll still be really. Good, Obviously i'm assuming he And chase And tatum a playing at all next. Year The bucks aren't good enough to be in the mix. Regardless it's Obviously dave sucks Seeing dame get hurt, too like that was a brutal part of these, playoffs seeing those three guys go. Down AND i would say The east is JUST tvd right, Now like it's very wide. Open let's see what happens with The. Knicks let's see if The cavs do. Something let's see what Else orlando. Does let you, know let's see what. Happens, uh you, know Kid milwaukee makes some, moves does somebody else jump in the game and make a big swing for a? Trade like you, know nobody thought The pacers were making a run uh last year the way they, did, Right so.
Speaker 6: It will.
Speaker 5: Be it will be very interesting to see where the east. LOOKS i would say two or three weeks from, now and it's probably a better time to answer that question because right, now you, know the three teams at the top all have, flause and there's not enough separation there to really say for certain how it's going to go until we see what some of these other moves are that take.
Speaker 2: Place dam appreciate the.
Speaker 1: TIME i know you're busy on, draft so thank you for making some time for.
Speaker 2: Us enjoy the. Evening we'll get you back on. Soon, okay all, right sounds.
Speaker 5: Good thanks for having.
Speaker 1: Me all, Right The Great Tim bontems covers is THE nba FOR Espn Draft night tonight live At barclays In. Brooklyn we'll move over to our live draft coverage when we saycond night at six o'clock With Gordy chase And Richard.
Speaker 2: Smith start your.
Speaker 1: ENGINES espn seven hundred is excited to announce the first Ever Monster Jam World finals coming To Utah july the fourth and the. Fifth listen TO espn seven hundred for your chance to win, tickets or visit ticketmaster dot com now before they're. Gone all, right we'll catch our final break at the two o'clock. Hour coming up Next Raphael, barlow who's now on THE Nba Big board side of, things took over For Chad. Ford we'll do a deep dive on all the prospects that are available for The jazz and talk about his. INTEL i be're bringing THE tv voice of The Utah, Jazz Craig Bowler jack to give us a little bit of a.
Speaker 2: Scene Center porter is going to be.
Speaker 1: Down live at The Zions Bank Basketball center. Tonight we'll have our live coverage in THE Nba draft with myself anchoring the coverage With Richard smith And Gordy. GA i, said two guys combined up about ninety years of experience analyzing talents in pro. Basketball our next guest has a lot of experience analyzing talent and pro. Basketball as we go back to The Barclays center In, Brooklyn New york to chat with our, Guy Rafael barlow from THE Nba Big.
Speaker 2: Board, Rafael Happy draft, day. Man how are we? Doing i'm doing.
Speaker 8: Good i'm not at The barclays, Yet i'm stuck In New york, traffic But i'll be there. Shortly.
Speaker 1: Well in that, CASE i feel LIKE i could interview you for like an hour if you're stuck In New york, traffic right, man.
Speaker 8: It's bumper to. BUMPER i feel LIKE i can take a skateboard and get there.
Speaker 1: Faster All, RIGHT i won't keep you for an, hour but let's get into. It what's your LATEST i know what your latest mock, Says i'm in front of. Me but for our, listeners your latest mock draft has The jazz drafting who and WHY.
Speaker 8: I have them going With Ace. BAILEY i know that that's not his preferred, destination BUT i JUST i can't imagine if he's there at five and he's the top three talent in this draft that you saw passes on him because that's not his prefer.
Speaker 1: Spot so if You're Austin, INGE i, MEAN i Suppose raphael and you probably have just answered the Question i'm gonna ask you, anyway but you can't operate off of whether or not a young man wants to be. HERE i, mean we know the, score we know the, deal we know where the jazz. Play but if you're a roster, constructor you cannot have that stuff cloud your.
Speaker 2: Judgment is that fair to?
Speaker 1: Say, like if you Think case is the best, player and he's there at, five you got to go with the best.
Speaker 8: Player, YEAH i, agree and that's WHY i think that it's it's likely that if he's, available that The jazz go ahead and take. Him there's been talk about he wants to to go to like a bigger market to make up for possibly the lost money that he would lose if he by not choosing to go To, philadelphia and SO i think That utah besides like the geographical, preferences But utah has what he's looking for as far as immediate playing, time of developmental curve and a place where he can play through. Mistakes so it makes sense to.
Speaker 1: Me So i've been IN nba draft, workouts several of THEM nba draft rooms as, well and with all due respect to the, process the workouts themselves oftentimes are a little bit. SILLY i, mean we've got tape On a's from when he was, twelve and these scouts have watched him PLAY aau, ball high school, ball college. Ball, LIKE i don't know that you necessarily need individual. WORKOUTS i, mean it always helps to. Interview they've got the, medicals they know the, Deal but what do you make of the noise Surrounding a's as a result of him just refusing to work out for ANY nba.
Speaker 8: Teams, YEAH i just think it's strategic on his agent's. Part they have their destinations and from everything That i've been, told it's Either, Washington New, orleans Or, Brooklyn so they're just trying to find a way to make a power move to get to those preferred. Destinations of, course it's risky on any team's part if you draft a guide that doesn't want to be, there simply because you don't want all the chatter going into training camp or in the, season not on basketball about whether or not he wants to be. There and maybe it's not as big As hardened In, philadelphia but it got to the point where it just became a mess and they the, owners ended up making a. Trade so you don't want that. Scenario but LIKE i, said he's just too talented to pass.
Speaker 5: Up because you're afraid of.
Speaker 8: Just what it's just how we acts if he's not, there AND i shouldn't say how he, acts just all the negatives. Backlash So i'm.
Speaker 1: Going to take advantage of your knowledge and ask you about some of the prospects that other analysts have The jazz taking at. Five just to get your take on, It let's Do Jeremiah, fears because three different, mocks Including Givoni over AT espn And Sam over at The, athletic have The jazz Taking Jeremiah fears at. Five so for our listener's, sake From isaac, too somebody who does a deep dive and all this. Stuff if The jazz Lands Jeremiah fears at, five what sort of prospects should the fans know?
Speaker 8: About you get a guy THAT i think is going to be a star in this. League he's, younger he reclassified up and His oklahoma team was predicted to finish fifteenth in THE. Sec he led them to THE ncaa. Tournament, yeah at seventeen point four rebound four sister. Game he's able to consistently get two feet in the paint with his foot, speed and he's a guy that just is not afraid of the. Moment he makes things. Happen he had a game winning shot Against michigan earlier in the. Year SO i think With Jeremy, fears if you land, him you get your point guard of the. Future and maybe like the alpha dog THAT i Think utah is missing and.
Speaker 1: They're also Missing, raphael in my, opinion a starting caliber point. Guard with all due respect To Isaiah, callier who there's some THINGS i like About. Isaiah we talked to you About isaiah during the process last. Year but if you tell me that your lead guard that you play thirty four minutes tonight shoots twenty six percent from, Three i'm gonna tell you got an.
Speaker 2: Issue so you do you.
Speaker 1: Believe in an area, well the area of need is, everything quite, frankly depending on how you view cast. Marketing BUT i feel like The jazz need their starting point.
Speaker 2: Guard would you agree with?
Speaker 6: That?
Speaker 8: YEAH i think. SO i like What kylier. Did he was one of the skills of the.
Speaker 9: DRAFT i thought he should have.
Speaker 8: Went higher last. Year the concern with him has always been the outside. Shooting and if you just look at the numbers right, now it may say That Jeremiah fears is not a really good, shooter BUT i think he has a good. Touch he shot eighty five percent from the file. Line and if you believe free throw shooting is a good indication of overall shooting touch and, potential then you have to be pretty optimistic about What fears turns into in three or four, years maybe even sooner a couple of different.
Speaker 1: BOKS i Have Trey johnson From texas going to The jazz at. Five you brought Up trey pretty early in the process when we visit with, you maybe a couple of months ago or a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Ago, now so same.
Speaker 1: Question if The jazz land tray at, five what sort of prospect is?
Speaker 6: He you get a bucket.
Speaker 8: GETTER i Think trey is the best shooter in the, draft and.
Speaker 5: He's that's a good score.
Speaker 8: That people forget how good of a shooter he. Is but he shot out thirty nine and a half percent from three on six attempts per, game and not a lot of those were just contestant and wide open. Looks so you get a guy that can score in the mid, range you can poll smaller guards. Up he's all about, basketball and that's that's that's. Key you know some guys and there's nothing wrong with having interest so out side of the. Court BUT i live In dallas And i've been watching trade for years and he's a guy that is just all about. Basketball and him And Kiante John Kante george know each other pretty well from being the same. Area so they could have their little chemistry on the court between those two.
Speaker 1: Guys another name that's been linked by well one different outlet as of now is Kan Kin nipple falling to The jazz of. Five AND i say falling because some people Think charlotte likes him at. Four so of course all of us around here were hoping that The jazz had an opportunity to draft a player From, duke but they didn't get the number one overall. Pick so what sort of prospect Should jazz fans you? Know what sort of prospect Is Kanneple For jazz fans that are, CURIOUS.
Speaker 8: I Think conkinepple is one of the safer prospects in this. Class he's good shootersh at forty one percent from. Three he's, Tough he's a connective. Passer in my, OPINION i don't think he has the same upside as some of the other, guys BUT i think he has a really high. Floor so with With, KANNEPLE i think HE i think he would Help, utah BUT i still think you would need like your your a, one your, ALPHA i mean marketing could be that. Guy BUT i still think you would need your you, know your your second score or your you, know your second best player to be able to get twenty or twenty five a. Night AND i don't know if That's kanneple's.
Speaker 1: Role before we move on to some other teams and some other. Players The jazz also have twenty one tonight in the first. Round so who does YOUR moc have The jazz taking to twenty? One and generally, speaking what sort of value do you think is there at that in that area in the?
Speaker 8: Draft, yeah once we get to the, TWENTIES i think it's going to be, really really. TRICKY i imagine there's going to be a lot of. Movement so WHO i Have utah mocked at twenty. One they may not even be picking at twenty. One it could be some movement. There BUT i Have John, berenger and Maybe i'm pronouncing it. Wrong maybe it's bearing. GAY i, mean My french is not the, best but he's a high you can hear The New York city. Traffic he's a high upside swing, guy vertical lop.
Speaker 5: Threat really athletics still.
Speaker 8: WRONG i watched him play in a tournament In dubai about a year, ago AND i thought he was AN nba, prospect BUT i did not see twenty twenty FIVE Nba, draft so he's exceeded my expectations and he's ahead of the. Curve and what he would Give utah would be just a, springy, young vertical lab, threat a guy that the five should be able to switch out and defend on the, perimeter and his role would just be as a vertical lop threat and a play.
Speaker 1: Finisher do you anticipate chaos? Tonight do you anticipate movement? Tonight because there are a lot of rumors surrounding you, know The jazz talking with The celtics About Jalen, brown and there's a lot of synergies between these two front. Offices Danny ainge Hired Brad Stevens Austin inge worked For brad for the, past you, know four or five years or whatever While danny was out. Here Will hardy was an assistant for Emy, udoka so coach To Jalen. Brown there's also rumors of The spurs maybe moving off of. TWO i have a hard time believing That i'm hearing there asking for the, World but you, know is there a scenario and player where The jazz kicked the tires on too is there a scenario and player where The jazz look At Jalen brown from The Boston. Celtics do you anticipate status quote tonight or do you think we're gonna see a lot of.
Speaker 8: MOVEMENT i think we're going to see a lot of. MOVEMENT i feel like any trade that has been rumored probably doesn't happen outside of the durant situation where we knew. THAT i, mean we knew that he was going to be. Moved but, hey, MAN i live In. Dallas If Luca dosa can be traded in the middle of the, night anybody can be, Traded So i'm not gonna SAY i don't think it is. Unreal and then, obviously The celtics And jazz front office state they know each other pretty. Well they're on each Other's christmas, List christmas gifts cards list or, whatever SO i wouldn't be. Surprised but at the end of the, DAY i just to understand Why boston would Move Jalen brown a year after winning a. TITLE i guess they did it with, You, Holliday But Jaylen brown is young so has a lot to. Give but it would be a win For utah for. Sure if you Get Jalen?
Speaker 1: Brown all, right is there any intrigue with the first three? Picks vegas is telling us as if now there's Not do you feel like we're going to see any surprise or is it just going to Be, cooper Then dylan and then followed BY. Vj do you think that's just what we're gonna?
Speaker 8: SEE i think. So, However Daryl morey is a guy that he may not care about all the, noise and he may do WHAT i just mentioned that The jazz could. Do If Ace bailey sitting there, Five daryl morri could could indeed Take Ace bailey at number.
Speaker 1: Three all, Right of all the comps or superlative Surrounding Cooper, flag what is your?
Speaker 2: Favorite what's the most?
Speaker 1: Accurate what sort of player do you think he'll be when he's fully developed in THE.
Speaker 8: Nba, man that's a tough. One i'd say. MAYBE i, mean He Cooper, flag he just is good in so many different. Areas it's so many. COMPS i, mean obviously you guys have heard The Andrew krolinko. COMPS i THINK i mean there's some there to. Me maybe he's maybe he's a smaller version Of Kevin, garnett all, Right Kevin garnett when he had his he was in his best In. Minnesota but when he got To, boston he may not have been their, closer he may not have been their leading, scorer but he was The he was the engine behind. Everything AND i Think flag could could be similar To garnett and the fact that he's able to impact the game with his, scoring with his, rebounding with his, passing and his. Defense what about dealing as big as guard net for?
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah for? Sure what about.
Speaker 8: You, know maybe a combination Of Jalen brunson and Post Houston Rockets James. Harden SO i don't think that he's gonna be the guy That harden was In houston where he averaged about thirty five a. Game but if he's a consistent version of twenty twenty four twenty Five James, harden obviously probably not gonna shoot as many bees As, harden but just a bigger. Guard now he's not the playmaker As, harden AND i want to make that, clear but just a bigger point guard that can get downhill and generate a lot of trips to the foul. Line SO i see best case scenario combination of those.
Speaker 2: Two let me let me ask you About.
Speaker 1: Mallowatch come, On, malowatch who one of our guys who will be on the draft cover? Tonight Richard smith likes and off al Lots. Maid he spent forty years with The jazz front. Office uh, it it doesn't make a ton of sense for The jazz to draft him in at five and. Less they're moving on From kessler and maybe they are not really sure what that what that direction is going to look. Like but what's your analysis Of come, on mala watch the kid From duke and who do you think grabs him?
Speaker 8: Tonight he can go in a lot of different. Directions i've heard that The pelicans would strongly consider him if My fears And Ace bailey are off the board of Her, washington if they want to go with a double big, lineup if they don't Get fears Or Ace, bailey The pelicans WHO i had, Mentioned, YEAH i just think he Compliments. Zion but best case, scenario he's a guy that can anchor your defense for too the rim be a vertical lob, threat.
Speaker 10: A rim runner.
Speaker 8: Finisher but the main intrigue with him is how well he projects as a. Shooter we didn't see it a lot At, duke but we saw it in The Basketball Africa.
Speaker 5: League we saw.
Speaker 8: Him make a three or two in The olympics and he shot about seventy eight percent from the foul. Line, so LIKE i said About Jeremiah, fears if you believe that good free throw shooting is an indicator of, touch then you have to be pre optimistic About molly watched his long term potential as a floor.
Speaker 1: Spacer really only one local player holding, intrigue and That's Yegor demon who played his college ball At Brigham young For Kevin young for a.
Speaker 2: Year what are you hearing? About where Yeg Or demon my fault?
Speaker 8: TONIGHT i actually just talked to, him probably about an hour, ago and he said he doesn't, know but he told me that he got a good night's. Sleep he wasn't. Worried i've Seen. Atlanta atlanta was a team that coming into this, offseason it was rumored that they were looking to address two. Needs one was size up. Front they needed a seven footer and then at backup point. Guard they made the Movie yesterday to Get Kristoups persingers From. Boston SO i think at thirteen they'll target a backup point. Guard it could be Between Yegor, demon it could Be Kaspar shakachnas From. Illinois but The jegor's draft range is. Wide he might have the widest draft range in this. Class and there's some teams that really like, them and then there's some teams that aren't so sure about the shooting and even the ball. Handling BUT i think his range could be anywhere from like nine to.
Speaker 1: Eighteen you, know we've all experienced draft night where we've had to watch a player, slide sometimes all the way out of the first.
Speaker 2: ROUND i called The.
Speaker 1: Rishard Lewis kurtz for old SCHOOL nba, fans and there's nothing more. Uncomfortable you're just feeling so bad for the young. Prospect give me The Raphael barlow take on the prospect most likely to.
Speaker 2: Slide anything you're hearing, THERE.
Speaker 8: I really have heard anything that's kind of. Tough, HONESTLY i have to see these parents and their families in a few, Minutes SO i don't know IF i want to be aggregated by saying THAT i think someone's gonna. SLIDE i don't. KNOW i, mean this draft is so, unpredictable and then there's also going to be a lot of movement and trades in the, twenties SO i think THE nba did a good job of only inviting twenty four guys to the green room leave somewhat of a cushion for a guy to be able to get drafted in the first. ROUND i think would be pretty rough for a guy that is invited to the green room and he has to come back on a second. DAY i, MEAN i don't even know if guys brought two, suits SO i think everybody that was invited to the green room is anticipating being in the first.
Speaker 1: ROUND i want to ask you About Walter clayton, junior who won two state championships in high, school won a conference championship AT, iona and he was THE mvp of the, league and then won a national championship In. Florida you, know talent evaluators fall in love with, youth and certainly for a team like The, jazz who are a long way away from even being kind of, GOOD i understand why you would lean towards an eighteen or a nineteen year. OLD i know he's a little bit, older but the kid just wins wherever he's, at and there's a little Like Jamal murray esh shot making ability that he. Has what do you think about the prospect Of Walter Clayton junior in pro basketball and generally, speaking where do you think he's going to land?
Speaker 2: Tonight?
Speaker 8: YEAH i think you end up into twenty. SOMEWHERE i was actually shocked that he received a green room, invite especially Over Jace. Richardson like you mentioned, that we always kind of fall in love with, youth and sometimes we OVER i guess overanalyzed guys that have four or five years of college. Experience But Walter Clayton junior is a shot, maker he's a, Winner he's fresh off the national. Championship there are some concerns whether or not he's AN nba point. Guard he only played point guard one season At. Florida he's more so of a scorer and shot. Maker i've even had AN sec coach tell me that because most of his shots are off the, dribble and usually guys who prefer to score a lot off the dribble are are. Starters and so he wondered if he's playing like an off the bench, role and if he's a planer reduced, role is he going to have the freedom to play how we played At florida with a lot of pull up.
Speaker 6: Jumpers and step backs and so.
Speaker 8: On SO i think he'll be drafted in the first, round BUT i think how well he. PERFORMED i think IT'S i, mean it's a it's a vague answer, here BUT i think fit is going to be, really really important for.
Speaker 1: Him we've seen locally and nationally a tremendous amount of star players that have been found in mid, lottery late, lottery late first. Round you, Know John, Stockton carmel And Donovan, Mitchell Rudy, Gobert Gordon. HAYWARD i could keep, going and The Oklahoma City thunder just won a, championship and There lynchpin was.
Speaker 2: Not a top five, Pick Kawhi.
Speaker 1: Leonard we could continue to list, names as you, know give me a, Name, raphael of a player that you think will not be drafted top, five top, eight that may slide mid lottery or late first, round that we'll be talking about in five six years as a guy that should have been drafted.
Speaker 8: HIGHER i would go With Stanford's. Maxine right. Now i've Been i've been called an industry plant just Because i'm so high On. Reno BUT i just think he's been hiding and playing. Sight he was second in THE acc and, scoring. Rebounding he's a seven. Footer he has twenty points eleven. Rebounds he made the most threes IN ncaa history by a seven footer and a guy that you're familiar, With Lori markinen is the one that holds that. Record and then he's also A Lake bloomer started playing. Basketball lake was a swimmer growing up In, france and he entered college basketball on a partial. Scholarship so within the last four years he's transformed himself to a twenty and eleven guy and a power. Conference SO i think he's just been hiding at plain. Sight he had a GOOD nba combine and then all of a sudden he started seeing his name rise in first rounds on different. Mocks but he's been doing that ahole year. Long so he's a guy THAT i think a lot of people are just not given enough credit for how good he.
Speaker 1: Is all, right BEFORE i say you, LOSE i wanted to ask you about one more, prospect just kind of selfishly as we kind of figure out how this thing is going to go. Down And i've heard a bunch of different people discuss the, potential and we'll have to see what happens in front of. Him BUT i think it's no In, segway The french kid who is thought to be a top ten. Prospect but for our, Listeners, raphael an interesting story came down AND i honestly don't know how to land on it because this is the dream of all of these young.
Speaker 2: Men all these young men want to PLAY nba.
Speaker 1: Basketball none of these young men care about winning a championship In. Germany but In sengue's, team he's A french prospect who plays for A german team that's playing for The german, championship and he's leaving them during their competition to be here at the. Draft LIKE i, Said i'm not sure THAT i blame. Him but what sort of noise are you hearing as to whether or not that would dissuade teams from taking a look at.
Speaker 8: Him, WELL i spoke with this agent yesterday about, it and ACTUALLY i knew about this at the. Combine his agent had mentioned to me that there's a chance that this could possibly happen if they ended up going five games into The German league finals and everything was approved by the. Team the team knew, it AND i even think that because he's he's not From, Germany he's From france And radial farm on the team he place for is known for taking chances on young, players actually probably the only team In europe that will play young guys that aren't afraid to go with. Them SO i think they knew that this was a, possibility and from everything That i've heard from his, agent this was. Planned it wasn't like he just up and left and they didn't know about.
Speaker 6: It so he's.
Speaker 8: HERE i saw me, yesterday he was at the media, day AND i understand that he's got to take a pr hit behind. That there's been some pretty major publications that have questioned just how committed he would be a team because of this. Move But i'm thrown onder. Myself you only get one opportunity to be, drafted one opportunity to Shake Apple sooper's. Hand but on the other, HAND i get how someone could say that this was a little bit selfish of.
Speaker 1: Them all, Right, raphael tell everybody on draft day where they can go find your.
Speaker 5: Work you can.
Speaker 8: Find me AT nba board dot. Com that is my. NEWSLETTER i have a postcraft.
Speaker 6: RECAP i guess.
Speaker 8: In a few hours and THEN i have a podcast locked ON nba Big. Board you can find it on, YouTube so just type in AN nba Big board And i'm pretty easy to.
Speaker 1: Find thanks, buddy appreciate the, time travel safe in that traffic and enjoyed draft.
Speaker 8: Fight, okay no, Problem thank you so.
Speaker 1: Much Raphael, BARLOW nba Big board took over For Chad forward After chad left that project and he stops spot.
Speaker 2: Today, curtsey are our friends At Advance.
Speaker 1: Windows you can get twenty five hundred dollars off when you buy ten windows or. More it's a great local company operated By Nate, orchard the mayor Of Sac Lake, city legend at the you and LONGTIME nfl player in conjunction with his Buddy Jake. Weber so ultimately they do an excellent. Job And i've been on remote there and we've had them in. Studio they're really really good people and they are here to take care of you as a member of our. Community so the nice thing is if you need windows, now you can save twenty five hundred dollars off when you purchase ten windows or. More if the weather is too hot in your house's super, warm you're probably jacking up the ac and spending a ton of money on the on the bills side of. Things so save a little, money get some new. Windows you can save money on your, bills on your, utilities and you can also save money on the project. Itself but the nice thing about this offer is if you anticipate being in the market in a couple of, months maybe you're gonna buy or sell a home in the fall when school, starts or you're gonna wait until it's cold to make sure it's. Solidified if you call today and get on the, schedule you still lock in the savings because it won't last.
Speaker 2: Forever so you can.
Speaker 1: Save twenty five hundred dollars off when you buy ten windows or more warranties that are transferable to a new homeowner lifetime warranties at that they make everything in.
Speaker 2: House i've seen their.
Speaker 1: Warehouse it's amazing and why you need to know that as it cuts out the, middleman you save a grip of money that way as.
Speaker 2: Well so here's the.
Speaker 1: Deal give them a call, today whether you need windows now or, later to save twenty five hundred dollars when you buy ten or. More here's the. Number it's eighth one eighty five zero ninety one. Hundred that's eight one eight five zero ninety one hundred eighth one eighty five zero ninety one or simply online At Advance windows dot. Com all, right about thirty minutes from, now we're Bringing Craig Bowler. Jack we'll do more jazz basketball and be a Draft Spencer linton stops.
Speaker 2: By was a big day FOR byu football.
Speaker 1: Yesterday we'll do Some Yegor demen and some college basketball launch into the five o'clock hour of the.
Speaker 2: Program then We'll Saga night.
Speaker 1: At, six and after we say good night for our afternoon drive, program we will start our draft.
Speaker 2: Coverage we're all anchor the.
Speaker 1: Show james will be producing and then we'll Have Gordy chias And Richard smith.
Speaker 2: Alongside all, right we Got.
Speaker 1: Bowler on the show today on the other side of four o'clock talk some jazz. Basketball what he's hearing on his end as it is a big, day it's a big day for The. Jazz it's a massive knight for The. Jazz when you have a top five, pick got to take.
Speaker 2: Advantage.
Speaker 1: Man we'll do some college football and some college basketball With Spencer linton before we get to the five o'clock hour of the, program and then We'll saga night at six o'clock and make make way for our draft. Coverage we'll have the best coverage in the market by. Far i'll be anchoring the. Coverage it'll Be Gordy, Chase Sir Richard smith along for the ride to combine ninety years of experience evaluating talents for pro basketball, teams namely The Utah. Jazz so stay tuned for that good stuff From Tim Bond temps live on site. Today Rafael barlow stopped by as. Well raphael does THE Nba Big. BOARD a lot of noise Surrounding Ace bailey and The Utah jazz potentially Selecting Ace bailey tonight at five should he be there available for, Them and it feels like he's going. TO i don't know if it's a consensus outside of the top, three but it does feel like everything That i'm reading to this point Has Cooper flag off the board of, one As Dylan harper off the board of two To San.
Speaker 2: Antonio of, Course cooper To, dallas and THEN.
Speaker 1: Vj edgecomb appears to be the pick at three for The philadelphia seventy six. Ers of, Course Daryl morey has proven before to be a wildcard and certainly could be a wildcard tonight Con kinnipple at. Four it seems to be a lot of momentum in that, direction which leads leaves The jazz in a very advantageous. Play, so, okay we got a little breaking. News porter say that, again go, Ahead John.
Speaker 3: Collins not that this is a surprise at, All spencer a report From Scham's sharania twenty six point five million dollar player. Option as we've talked about a, lot you're gonna take that if You're John, collins and apparently as of right, now he is exercising that.
Speaker 2: Option, yeah not too much of a.
Speaker 1: SURPRISE i, mean it's not like The Jazz we're going to Extend John collins at big. Money Uh, so this just Means john will play on an expiring, deal which is a nice bargaining chip For Austin ainge and The Utah jazz probably tough to Move john after they first acquired him From. Atlanta remember they gave nothing to The. Hawks The HAWKS R i give you if you want, him he's. Yours they didn't have to give up anything For John. Collins and he's kind of like this perfect vet because he's not a good. Player he's not a bad, player but he does fill a salary cap. Spot gotta pay, players you have. To there's not just a salary cap. Ceiling there's a salary floor that you have to meet as AN nba. Organization so you, Know, JOHN i think played pretty well For will last, year about as good as could be expected for a guy that has the limitations That John collins. DOES i don't think it means anything that's paramount to the process. Tonight but we could be, wrong because if there is a deal on the, table we'll use The Jalen brown, example because several people have reported that The jazz and The celtics are currently discussing the framework of a deal they could Land john excuse, me could Land Jalen brown In Salt Lake city to play for The jazz and just for salary matching, purposes and also the dynamics we've already, Discussed, like the only way it makes sense for The jazz to make a deal For Jalen brown is if they find a way to hold on to their other good, players because it's a linear. Move if you have to move off of Like markenin And kessler and draft capital in. Exchange and by the, Way boston wouldn't do that, anyway because their motivation for moving on From jalen is To shed's, salary so they don't Want lowry's long term. Deal at least that would be my. Guess Walker kessler's up for an. Extension quite frankly this. Year you can Extend walker if you, want. So any framework of a deal wouldn't Include marketing And, kessler and it couldn't from The jazz side of, things because you'd just be spinning your wheels and moving in a linear direction if you move off your other good. Players because if You're Jalen, brown you want to play with good. Players you want to play for a team that's actually trying to win. Something it continues to not resonate with. Me on The boston side of, THINGS i just wouldn't do it because the framework of a deal would Include. John it would Include John collins for salary. Purposes it would probably Include Colin, Sexton Jordan, clarkson and then you, know three to four, picks and The jazz certainly have those picks to, Offer so that would be the framework of. It and if you do Add Jalen brown to a lowery market In Walker kessler front, court.
Speaker 2: You know then you got.
Speaker 1: Something you're Not Oklahoma, city you're Not, houston you're Not, denver you're Not. Minnesota but maybe you're something other than simply just a playing. Team maybe you are the sixth or the seventh best team in The. West that's still tough based off of how stack The west is. NOTICED i listed teams AND i didn't even list the one that Has Lebron james and Freaking Luka doncic or an owner with one hundred and forty billion, dollars Namely Steve, balmer who has shown his willingness to pay a lot of money for his. Roster, now ironically, enough THE cba and The Second, apron which has caused so many teams to make so many difficult, decisions actually did affect The, clippers but it wasn't monetary reasons like The Second.
Speaker 2: Apron punitive nature isn't just.
Speaker 1: Economic you can have draft picks taken, away you can have draft picks. Frozen it hinders your ability to change your, roster it hinders your ability to. Pivot so it's not just. Economic it's also you can't use your tax payer mid level. Exception you have draft capital potentially taken from. You your ability to to add to your group is essentially cut off underneath your, knees. Right and so when the information came out about how punitive this stuff was from a roster construct construction, standpoint The clippers said goodbye To Paul.
Speaker 2: GEORGE i mean they were adversely.
Speaker 1: Affected not Because Steve balmer is not willing to write checks for his. Team it's because, organizationally you don't have the ability to really pivot and change your. Group you kind of are you are. NOW i want to be, CLEAR i think this is too. PUNITIVE i think the league has gone too far the other direction and now they're penalizing teams for building excellent rosters too. PUNITIVELY i understand the, motivation and as we do radio here In Salt Lake, city you, know it is a good thing for teams that live in challenging places to build, teams and that's what we have here In Salt. Lake it's also led to the parody that they've been looking. For if we just crowned the seventh straight, champ seventh straight differ for AN nba champ over the past seven. Years it's never happened. Before so mission accomplish if You're Adam. Silver BUT i look at this through the prism of What denver built With, jokic and now they had to say goodbye to rotational pieces in consecutive.
Speaker 2: Years that has really hindered.
Speaker 1: Them When denver won that, championship remember there were conversations BECAUSE i Think jokich was twenty six when they won the. Title it's, like, dude Can denver run off like three or four Straight, well they couldn't afford to Keep Bruce, brown they couldn't afford to Keep Jeff, green couldn't afford to Keep contavious called Well. Pope they let a lot of good rotational pieces, walk and they tried to plug holes with young, players some of whom Were Christian brown's a good. Player but they bring In Russell westbrook on a veteran minimum deal and it was. Atrocious SO i know That westbrook had, moments But westbrook always has. Moments he doesn't impact winning for a player that puts up those numbers that you would like to, see for a guy that has averaged a triple double in a season and won AN mvp The Russ westbrook storyline and conversation when he is done playing will be fascinating because he is going to The hall Of, fame but you can't win with, Him like he's not gonna win a, ring you can't win. Championships or If Russell westbrook is on your roster and he's playing more than like ten minutes to. Night so we've seen the second aprin adversely effect The Denver. Nuggets we've seen it adversely effect The Golden State. Warriors we've seen it adversely affect THE La. Clippers but like if you're you know a project that was started By Danny ainge and continued By Brad, Stevens The Boston celtics built up an insanely good roster that should have put them in the mix to win championships for like six, years and in a way it. Did they went to i think five conference finals With tatum And, brown TWO Nba, finals and they did get their. Chip but for a team that built a roster like that to essentially have to break it down honestly.
Speaker 2: Feels a little.
Speaker 1: Unfair like you're you're telling these roster constructors and these talent evaluators Like okay you've got to go build the framework of a championship contender in this ecosystem with the guidelines we're given, you and then when they do, it you're telling them that essentially you have to break it down or you have no ability to change your.
Speaker 2: Team i'm not a huge.
Speaker 1: FAN i hope when the NEW cba expires in twenty thirty they actually look at some different. Avenues, now the problem is if you're The jazz right now is the best time in the history of this league for an organization that exists in a city Like Salt lake to be able to get into the. Game we just Saw Oklahoma city win a championship and they beat The Indiana, pacers who exist In. Indianapolis to small, markets The Minnesota, timberwolves according to The, vegasads or the third favorite to win The west next. Year They minneapolis not a desirable free agent. Destination AND i could keep. Going It's milwaukee With, Giannis It's denver With. Jokic it's a lot of these teams that exist in smaller places AND nba city that aren't free agent, destinations that have been able to operate under the guidelines of what THE nba puts in place to build championship, teams and unfortunately The jazz are so far away that when the NEW cba expires in twenty thirty it might be too. Late they've got a lot of work to, do So John collins has exercises twenty six point five million dollar player. Option but we really can't underscore the importance of tonight top five. Pick of, course The jazz were, hoping as a result of really you, know being very intentional losing basketball games this, year to get more lottery luck than they, did but unfortunately they fall where they, fall and the four losing his teams in the league this year all. Slid none of them are drafting in the top four actually outside Of, charlotte but the top three picks are made by teams that actually are ready to do something pretty special right. Away dallas's situation is really really interesting because we don't see generational players Like cooper slide into this ready made to win experience Like.
Speaker 2: Lebron back in two thousand and three when he's a number one, pick.
Speaker 1: The calves were so bad they actually had to move off some pieces because there were some veteran players that didn't Think lebron deserved the role that he was given and when he was able to make that First calves team actually decent and go to THE Nba, finals go back and look at that. Roster it's wild how unprepared they were to be serious about. Competing and mostly when there's a number one, pick he goes to a team that is a long long way from doing anything. Special dallas will have something to say about The west as soon as next.
Speaker 2: Year The kyrie stuff.
Speaker 1: Hurts kyrie's not going to, play But, kyrie by the, way opted out of his contract to forty three million dollar option that he declined and signed a three, year one hundred and nineteen million dollar.
Speaker 2: Contract it's team.
Speaker 1: Friendly it actually Allows dallas to use the taxpayer mid level exception because they need to find a point guard this, year and maybe they look At Colin sexton From The. Jazz tim McMahon has reported that on the show they need to find some to kind of keep the ship. Afloat, Well kyrie is rehabbing That achilles', injury but you look At Anthony, davis who's A hall Of fame player and AN nba, champion you, know you look At Klay, thompson who's A hall of fame player and AN nba, champion And Jason, kidd who is highly respected as a head. Coach and then When kyrie comes, back Like cooper does not have to go.
Speaker 2: To dallas and be the world for. Them he just. Doesn't and that's a, great great spot for.
Speaker 1: Him you, know we talk about this through the prism of pro football all the, time and the most recent, example which is a polarizing one with a local, tie Is Zach wilson going to The. JETS i don't Think zach was ever going to be a great starting quarterback in THE. NFL i don't think he ever will, be but it didn't help that he landed with The. Jets and as A jet, FAN i can tell you is an organization of, dysfunction and, ultimately you, know it is about the individual, talent but it's also about the fit and the front office and ownership and the coaching staff and their ability to develop. PLAYERS i think a lot of people will always wonder and there's a little jim or for that stuff here as we're sitting here on draft day WHEN byu fans love to be the revisionist historians to say, like, well you landed in the right, Spot Keith smart didn't like, him or he landed in the wrong, Spot Keith smart didn't like Him. Sacramento, No like he had ultimately five or SIX nba opportunities to just prove that he was at least wrote a rotational. Piece he was never going to be a bald dominant like lead THE nba in, scoring and he was never, really in my, opinion even going to be a. Starter but could for that cracker rotation in pro? Basketball the answer was an emphatic. No and so WHEN byu fans do the whole, like, Hey zach didn't land, there, like it's the same. Thing he's going to get an opportunity In miami and he probably will be able to start some games this year BECAUSE twoa doesn't stay healthy very. Much AND i don't think it's gonna look, great BUT i do make space for the argument like what Would Zach wilson look like if he landed With Kyle shanahan of the forty nine, ers? Right and so when it comes to, fits when it comes to coaching, staffs when it comes to front, offices if you're the agent and one of these, players you have to weigh a number of different things out about the destination that you would prefer for your client and for these young men that are about to be, drafted because, remember it's not about the rookie. Contract like one of the cool things About Draft, night one of the THINGS i like about it the most Is i've always enjoyed watching the lives of people change in real, time instantly winning a, lottery winning a bunch of, money winning something. Special ncuba, tournament you, know smaller schools that make the ncublea tournament and somehow advance two rounds and the coach gets hired By syracuse or, whatever you, know a big, school and suddenly his life. Changes the lives of these young men will change, tonight but they really change with generational, wealth with the second contract and the third, contract et, cetera et, cetera et. Cetera so the, motivation if you're an agent or if you're on a team kind of advising in any of these young men is long jeny and is the right spot for the long, haul not the right spot for a year or. Two, remember for that didn't even have his final year of his rookie contract picked.
Speaker 2: Up that never.
Speaker 1: Happens the only time that happens is when the front office realizes they made a tragic, mistake like they didn't even give him one more year to.
Speaker 2: Develop they're, like we've seen. Enough, ultimately we can't draft.
Speaker 1: Him so The jazz are in a good spot with a front office that is well respected and a head coach that appears to be a guy that is fit for this.
Speaker 2: Job and so, hopefully whether it's A bailey Or Trey.
Speaker 1: Johnson or et, cetera et, cetera et, cetera this front office and this coaching staff can develop this young prospect and hopefully be here for the long, haul because, again as we talk about all the, time what this organization has been able to do is really capitalize on two thirds of the formula that you need to build a roster in pro, basketball which is, draft, develop and. Retain, now the recent returns of draft picks, have if we're, honest have been not good at.
Speaker 2: All whether It's isaiah.
Speaker 1: Or keyante Or Kyle there are some things to like about a few of, them but the two top ten, Picks Taylor hendricks unfortunately has not been able to stay healthy so, far And Cody williams honestly had a historically pathetic rookie. Year so there's a lot of pressure On Austin age and The jazz to get this. Right, tonight we will launch you into our draft coverage beginning at six. O'clock all, right we'll catch our final break at the three o'clock. Hour Craig. Bowler jack is our guest to start things off during the four o'clock. Hour but let's welcome In Chris. MAMOTT i Hope i'm saying that. Correctly Ute Memet Youte Stampede. Rodeo Chris memmi joins us on A. Wednesday, CHRIS i. Apologize how are, you?
Speaker 2: Sir i'm.
Speaker 9: Good, thanks it's great to talk.
Speaker 4: To, you.
Speaker 1: SPENT i appreciate you hopping. On so tell us about The Ute Stampede. Rodeo what do we need to?
Speaker 9: Know, well, specifically we're talking about the bull riding that's On, wednesday the night It's Extreme bowls and it's you, know you're talking about draft day to. Day this is like the kind of the cream of the crop of THE prca bull riding guys that come in and write only bulls that. Night AND i saw it for thirty five thousand dollars on a one night deal and really really a great, ticket a great a great night with your. Family hopefully everybody will come out and join.
Speaker 1: Us, okay when is? It where is it and where can people go get?
Speaker 2: Tickets?
Speaker 9: Chris, okay it's On july, ninth and our website is You Stampede rodeo dot.
Speaker 2: Com all, Right, CHRIS i appreciate the.
Speaker 1: Time we'll make sure to send people to the website And i'll look forward to being down there.
Speaker 2: Myself thank, you.
Speaker 9: Sir, okay appreciate. It thank, You.
Speaker 1: Ben all, Right, chris memit You Stampede rodeo go to You stampederodeo dot. Com july the nine through the twelfth In, Nephi. Utah you ever ridden a?
Speaker 3: BULL i have written a mini. Bull i've never stayed stayed on for eight seconds before.
Speaker 2: Though a mini? Bowl so is that like a baby? Bowl is that exactly what it sounds? Like not a?
Speaker 3: Baby they're literally like a genetically Mini and WHEN i was a, child that was what you tried to get on at The Francis Frontier days.
Speaker 1: Rodeo that sounds dangerous as a so, wait as a young, child you went to rodeos where other children were allowed to ride mini?
Speaker 2: Bowls or you just get.
Speaker 3: On you call it mutton, busting which you get on a sheep and it just flails around the entire arena and smashes you up against the. Fence, yeah that's what we call good time in Rural.
Speaker 1: Utah, now just to be you did say mutton busting with an am, Right, yeah, okay, good that's.
Speaker 2: Uh that may have misheard you breaking breaking some.
Speaker 1: Sheep, Okay so as a young young Porter larsen and his.
Speaker 2: Peers you're gonna need, pictures aren't.
Speaker 1: You, Well i'm just trying to wrap my mind around. This you were allowed to ride mini bowls and sheep that threw you around the, arena and you clearly were falling in with the potential of being.
Speaker 3: Hurt, YES i believe probably parents signed some, documents But i'm not totally sure on that can't.
Speaker 1: Confirm did you have to pay for the right to get your ass kicked on these?
Speaker 3: Animals so Sometimes i'm sure maybe a donation you used To they throw out like chickens or oiled up pigs at some of the events and you go down, there you give them a, quarter you give them a fifty cent, piece and you get to chase the oiled up pig and maybe take it home to your.
Speaker 1: Farm, well they charge you more than fifty bucks or fifty cents to take the pig, home wouldn't.
Speaker 2: They now you get it for. Free it's the.
Speaker 1: Competition, wait so you give them fifty, cents you chase a, pig and if you catch, it you can take it.
Speaker 3: HOME i don't know exactly how all of the events, go but that was one of. Them, yes The Youth, stampede though pretty, specifically especially on The, wednesday they're doing JUST Prca bowl events and then they got the full four DAY Prca.
Speaker 1: Rodeo will parents have the ability to allow their kids to ride mini bowls and then mutton busting with, SHEEP i don't think.
Speaker 3: So fourth Of july weekend In, oakley come up.
Speaker 2: THERE i got, you know that's my.
Speaker 1: JAM i got you covered The Oakley rodeo and Then i've told you. Before The Demolition derby was my. Favorite like these, weirdos crazy people just crashing their cars into each.
Speaker 2: OTHER i thought it was fascinating as a.
Speaker 3: Kid, yeah those are those are those are PEOPLE i grew. Up that's that's all the.
Speaker 1: NEIGHBORS i have an idea for a side hustle for, you derby rodeo clown be the dude that chases the bowl away from killing the cowboy and head and then flew it into killing.
Speaker 3: You you would be surprised how many people have told ME i should do, that and not like they're not.
Speaker 1: Joking you're, agile you you're, fast you're, athletic AND i would imagine they get paid a little.
Speaker 3: Cash, Right oh, yeah the good. Bullfighters there's a title. Here we actually get paid really.
Speaker 2: Good way the clowns are called.
Speaker 3: Bullfighters there's there's different avenues. Here see now we're getting deep into the rodeo.
Speaker 2: Stuff it's not my. World you have to educate.
Speaker 3: Me there, are for, sure like rodeo clowns that are like part of the. Performance they usually got a mic, on they're, funny they do acts in between. Events but there's also bullfighters who are very. Different they're paid to, literally as you were, mentioning protect to the guys who are getting bucked, off and they're way more. Involved they're like right up at close and personal during the during the bull.
Speaker 2: Riding Are they also dressed as clowns, usually.
Speaker 3: But they're way more. Athletic AND i don't want to say competent but. Resourceful you're blowing my.
Speaker 1: Mind so wait a, second how DO i decipher between the clown that's funny for the show and the clown that's really trying to save people's.
Speaker 3: Lives you can tell now you've just got to pay. Attention the clown that's just trying to be, funny probably got a big stupid hat on in a. Microphone he's not making his money as much as as our bullfighter. Friends all, right there's a hall of fame for the bullfighters.
Speaker 1: Too i'm telling you should look into this a side. Hustle we would all come watch you be a bullfighter dressed as a clown trying to save cowboys.
Speaker 2: Lives i'll look into.
Speaker 1: It Youte stampedrodeo dot. Com The Youte Stampede rodeo will Be july the nine through the twelfth in Ne, Fai, Utah so definitely check it. Out all, right two hours, down two hours to go for afternoon, drive just under two hours.
Speaker 2: Away from the beginning of THE Nba.
Speaker 1: Draft we will have excellent draft coverage for you here on the. Station we'll say good night at six. O'clock then it's going to be time for, Myself.
Speaker 2: Gordy chias And Richard.
Speaker 1: Smith smitty And gordy combined like ninety years of experience analyzing talent take you through the entire first round, tonight and then tomorrow night it'll be Just smitty AND i will Give gordy the night. Off but technically OUR Nba draft coverage has begun and it will. Continue and it's just simply been too long since we've heard a little deaf leopard on the, program which means it's time for our conversation with a Great Craig. Bowler Jack, Bowler Happy, Wednesday, man how you, Been.
Speaker 7: Hey, pal good to hear from. You you got a nice lineup. Tonight, man you're Right smittye And gordy come, on, man that's that goes way. Back that's a combination.
Speaker 1: There, yeah no excited for. It we'll have a good, Time. Bowler so, look we know that you're not the general, manager but you're of course the voice of the team and you work with the, Club so, like what are you? Hearing what's your understanding about what we could expect tonight from the.
Speaker 7: Jazz you, know there's always little whispers and rumblings and and you, know all of his, chat and you, know we talked to other people around the league and you, know get their take on what The jazz are about and just The, west you know. Basically AND i JUST i just heard your last take from tearing down The? Boss was it The celtics to The? Studs you, know there's a lot of talk In boston TOON i, Too there's a lot of talk. Everywhere BUT i think The jazz are. Aggressive i'd be stunned if they're. Not Look, spence, obviously we talked about this before in other, years AND i think this is one, of if not the most important summer draft of The. Jazz, well if they brought In big t in eighty, three they Had mark, there they had then stockedon in eighty, Four malone in eighty. Five it was a, process but for just one particular, DRAFT i think this thing is. Big you got the five. Pick you last year you won. Seventeen the fans were all in on the growth factor of A Walker. Kessler they saw the emergence Of isaiah a, year they saw What philipowski can. Do, obviously upset That Taylor hendrix was injured and you really couldn't get a good feel of what his talent level. Is Cody williams disappointed a, bit but you, know when you're top, ten you know expectations are. High SO i think With austin ings now It's spence at the helm and the assets That danny hands to. Him there's a lot of possibilities. TONIGHT i think it's a busy. Night we'll talk tomorrow AND i could be totally, wrong but the opportunity to be busy with a five and twenty one, tonight and do you move up from twenty? One do you make some late deals or deals during the? DRAFT i think it's busy at least that's kind of the buzz That i've heard in People i've talked.
Speaker 1: To so The austin factor is, Interesting craig for a few different. REASONS i don't know THAT i would go as far as to say, unprecedented BUT i will use the adjective unique for an owner to hire the new decision maker mere weeks before potentially the biggest draft this organization has seen in a number of. Years and, look it's not Like austin doesn't know the. Staff he might Know, danny that's my. Guest he might Know Danny ainge pretty, well And i'm sure he Knows zanik and everybody. Else it's not like this is a Random Eastern european scout that you brought over to run the.
Speaker 2: Team like people Know. Austin austin knows.
Speaker 1: People i'm not saying it's completely new as far as relationships, go but it is new as far as the loudest voice in the room being hired weeks before the.
Speaker 2: Draft what sort of dynamic do you think that brings in a?
Speaker 7: Play you, know that's a great. Question i'm with. YOU i think it's a tough position For Austin ainge to. Take, obviously embrace the moment opportunity once in a lifetime to, recharge rebuild a. Franchise but you talk about doing with. Homework, look he's in The, East yes he's his dad's been with The jazz for multiple years now With ryan at The. Helm but you, know your focus is On boston at the, time and your focus is On Eastern conference, teams and obviously you know something about The. West but now you're in a deep dive, here you, know and maybe you work your magic in The east with player subtractions or, additions you, know and moving a player here or moving a player there and using your. Contacts it's really about Contact, spence as you know from you know your you know your dad with the jazz and and and and everything In New. YORK i, MEAN i think it's really how do you use your your, insight your contacts and can you move one chess piece to appease you and help a piece? Another And I'm i'm Guessing austin's got to be pretty good at that to be in a position where he was with The. Celtics he learned from From, danny he's been With Brad, stevens and tonight he'll be on full. Display, Well i'm heading down right now to The Science Bank basketball campus And i'm axsious to see IF i can get a minute with, him because that's kind of the QUESTION i had, too is where are you? At and you know there's draft picks available NINE i believe in all that rank up to twenty thirty one second round picks as, well so there's a lot of opportunity.
Speaker 2: For him to move and make.
Speaker 7: Deals but does he actually use him tonight or is it down the? Road how Aggressive spence is my question does he want to? Be and really how aggressive Does ryan want him to Be hockey's on the upswing The Jazz. NATION i thought last year did a remarkable. Job you, talk we talked a lot about this during the season that when you were there and dropped by the, BOOTH i mean you were. IMPRESSED i was. IMPRESSED i Thought Delta center hung tough throughout the entire season with watching the young guys. Grow AND i keep going back to the time, too when When Will hardy said earlier in his career that you, know this isn't an easy place to. WORK i, mean THE nba is for the. Elite some will make, it some will. Not who has the guts to put the work. In and we're probably going to start seeing three years now Into will's career as the head, coach the data, points the, data the data is all in on these you, know these these picks That will was a part. Of AND i think the question is we might get some answers here in the next, week maybe, tonight who, stays who, goes and you know who is going to be a part of the. Cores AND i think those are big questions that have to be. Answered and you know What Austin ainge is going to help answer him you.
Speaker 1: Know the other Dynamic craig that this brings into play With austin is now the decision maker is he did not draft any of the players it has been drafted over the past few. Years he did not trade For, lowry he did not trade For. Walker literally zero of these players Have austin's fingerprints on, them which leads me to believe they're zero players on the roster that he've used as. Untouchable AND i think that's. FAIR i, MEAN i don't want to dismiss and diminish and disrespect a veteran Like lowry or a young player Like, Walker but outside of those, two and maybe even including those, Two i'm not sure That austin to use anybody As, okay they have proven to me that they are part of this thing long, term which really brings everything into play and it makes it kind of.
Speaker 7: Fun, yeah you know, what that's another great point in any, business and you've been, Involved i've been INVOLVED. Cbs for, me new people come, in they make, them they make, change they put someone that they do have a finger print, on and then there's an untouchable on. Occasion but same At, fox same AT. Ksl radio is no different and you, KNOW i go back To Dennis. Lindsay you, know he was very. Protective you remember of a guy you know that came out Of, australia you, know you Know, dante and it was tough for him to admit it wasn't going to. Work and that's what you just alluded, to is the fingerprint of protecting your pick because it reflects on your decision making and if you go someplace, else then you, say look look WHAT i. Did AND i think you make a great. Point these players are, players AND i know Or danny And austin during the process respect. That but at the same, TIME i think the way the business is run is that you know, what IF i got to move, you that's just part of the. Business and you, know the relationship probably is not let's just call it what it.
Speaker 2: Is it can't be that.
Speaker 7: Strong but he hasn't had a chance to even get to know them as much as you would, Love Like teddy drafted, him it's a totally different. Ballgame Will hardy's invested because he's coached all these guys and helped helped develop and watch their. Maturation but, Yeah austin's in a Position SPENCE i think is a, great great point could make moves without a lot of emotion. Attached does that make sense because a lot of gms have trouble moving a pick that they actually brought in or a free agent that they made you, know that they brought in as. Well SO i think, tonight you, know maybe not as an emotional one For, austin but, yet let's be, honest the pressure's. ON i think there's a lot of pressure to push this team.
Speaker 1: Ahead well In austin's, Dad danny at his introductory press conference when he was announced as THE ceo Of Jazz, basketball AND i always chuckle WHEN i bring this. Lineup it just made me laugh Because i've Known danny SINCE i was a. Kid he, said you all should know THAT i remove emotion from decision making when it comes to roster. Construction then he Traded donovan and he Traded rudy like he broke the whole thing, down you. Know and SO i would Imagine austin operates very much in the same mold as his.
Speaker 7: Pops, YEAH i wouldn't be. Surprised and you know, what would may get a first real hint of that tonight if The, jazz if the right situation. APPROACHES i still think most GM's most not, all are working on that same basis spence trying to let not the emotions dictate what moves they. Make there's been cases WHERE i think maybe a player has stayed too long because of that tie to a. Franchise but if The jazz need to make a, BREAK i would think this would probably mean probably mean the most opportunistic time because of a new you, know you just said. It he's a loudest voice in the room, tonight and it's going to be really interesting what direction and just how loud that voice, is because there are plenty of opportunities to move, vets to also use picks to improve your position and be more. Aggressive you, know if they stay at twenty, ONE i may be. SURPRISED i MAY i THINK i would. BE i think if there's a player that really they feel like is perfect fit and they have to go to fifteen to get, him maybe that's the case because they have the assets at least to be in the conversation and for all indications and all the all the websites you've been On i've been, on The jazz keep popping up on occasion about being you, Know paul's are being. Fielded and that's interesting because a lot of times that information doesn't leak out because you, know back from your dad's time To Scottie laden And kevin O'Connor Dennish, man it's it's like playing you, KNOW i wouldn't want to play poker with him because they are as straight faced and tight lift as they can. Be and that's that's their, job because they got to protect the players that are on the roster and not, interfere you, know with their with the. Relationships but it's it's a you, know it's kind of a touchy ground to try to work your way around all those all those issues of feel good good relations but yet still talking about a player potentially moving or you, know bringing another guy.
Speaker 1: In so you, know without knowing the mindset of the organization and what direction they're going to, go it does make it difficult to tantalize what they should or should not do tonight because are they going to try to expedize this, Process are they going to try to use their assets to bring in a, vet are they going to simply just go? Young and you, Know austin said during his opening press conference and response to our very Own sean O'Connell's question that he will not be manipulating minutes or draft capital this, year and that's, fine but you do have a top eight protected pick that goes to you, Know Oklahoma, city who you know just want a championship this year if you fall out of the top.
Speaker 2: Eight so there's a fine line to.
Speaker 1: Walk but as somebody who has a front row seat to all of, this, uh there's the old draft cliche best player available or you, know somebody you draft to fit a.
Speaker 2: Need it feels like they need.
Speaker 1: Everything and but if we operate off the premise that they feel really good About marketing And, kessler maybe what they don't need is a Big but you, know at, FIVE i haven't really heard outside the malawatch kid From duke and he bigs link to. Them do you feel like that they are solidified anywhere that would motivate a decision to take one player over the other based off of need or do you think they just need to take the very best player possible at?
Speaker 7: Five you, know defense is a lot of things in this, league and so is three point. Shooting so you, know you're always looking for a six to six guy with wingspan and, beyond and who can knock down a triple that would be a. PLAYER i would think The jazz would eyeball, obviously and the top five six players have some of that potential. Obviously you know es eventually make a great. Point it depends on What austin sees in market in a twenty eight, okay twenty, eight still a young. Man but what's the in? Reality what is the timetable That danny And austin And ryan have put? Forth is this a two, year three, year five ye year because at that time The jazz reached a high level in The. West is marketing played himself out right of the contract and the value that he actually has right. Now he's a unique, talent you would, agree being a seven footer can stretch the floor and still work himself. Inside BUT i think if they stay with the big front line In philipowski And walker And, lowry that is intimidating and there's some talent. There the biggest question is, turnovers which WERE i mean JUST i mean they averaged twenty and a half or nearly twenty one a game last. Year don't have it in front of, me but there were nights that we were calling, out you, know twenty seven turnovers and you can't have that and give your opposition twenty, plus you, know extra possessions a. GAME i still think great teams have great point, guards AND i think that's where you. Start you have to make a decision On keyante AND i think you have to you, know, WELL i think we were a little bit wowed With Isaiah callier getting the call in the second half of the season and the speed and. DETERMINATION i think some leadership popped out That Will hardy needs drastically spence with a young, team somebody has to be the, alpha AND i saw a little bit of that start to come out Of isaiah at the end of the season when he was given the. Opportunity you remember he said AT usc kind of in the behind the light of a guy Named Bronnie, James and now he's got an opportunity to kind of prove who he is and that kind of. Exciting do they stay with him or is he a guy they bring off the. Bench SO i think tonight's PICK i personally out of be most likely a backcourt player with some defensive of capability that can spark a, team AND i think he's got to have an alpha personality as. Well you, know that's my, take AND i think the front line. Solid John collins still has the option on his and he's played his tailoff last year when given the opportunity after he finally kind of decided who he was and what Will hardy needed out of. Him but that's a twenty six million dollar decision that The jazz can either say okay or maybe. Not After, John i'm sure he's gonna take. It, SPENCE i doubt he's gonna get half that on the open, Market so it's gonna be interesting to see how that all works. Out BUT i think the front line is, strong, guard, play, wing, play still in.
Speaker 1: Need all, Right, bowler let's move over to your thoughts on simply a. Rumor you, know and look in this day and age of aggregation and this person pretending to be AN nba insider and that person just starting a. BLOG i don't really know what to make a lot of the a lot of these, rumors BUT i don't know, either yeah for, sure and there may be nothing here at, All and you, know part of me would really love to see some boldness. Tonight then there's part of me that understands pragmatically that this is a long game scenario and that top eight draft pick is something you need to hang on, to and it's probably more, likely this is my, guess in my, opinion that we won't see anything super bowld this, offseason but we will next off season when some of the salaries expire and some of the young players maybe show some. Promise but there are people that have BEEN i hate to even say, reporting but you, know there's a lot of synergies between The celtic front office and The jazz front. Office danny Hired Brad. Stevens austin worked Under brad for the past number of. Years While danny was out, Here Will hardy Coached Jalen brown as he was the number one assistant For Emi. UDOKA i don't think it makes sense to bring in A Jalen brown unless you're able to hold on To lowry and hold on To walker and probably even hold on to, five, Right and SO i don't know what The jazz would send To. BOSTON i really, don't AND i don't know That boston WHICH i wouldn't Trade Jalen. Brown but that's just. Me but if the framework of a deal makes sense and is on the. Table do you feel like The jazz you would pull the trigger to bring in A Jalen, Brown because if you do bring in A Jalen brown and you hold on A, walker you hold on A, lowry you're able to hold on a number.
Speaker 2: Five you're not one of the eight worst teams in the. League you're just.
Speaker 1: Not so you're going to lose that pick next. Year so do you think something like that does make?
Speaker 7: Sense Pers that may be the biggest answer the question and the answer that faces A jazz. Tonight and you know, what the comment about taking The celtics down to The studs because Of tatum's injury is. Intriguing we wouldn't have this conversation If tatum was, Healthy and because that combination Of brown And tatum is, dynamic And Derek white and you know that That's, BOSTON i thought would Have, yes they would take a step back because of the injury To, tatum BUT i thought they would just kind of make their way for another. Run it's really an intriguing, thought is it not that you would want to strip a team down because of an? Injury and, yeah he was hurt, late so he's going to be out for twelve, months they're going to be careful with. Him and then you have to think, about you, Know Jalen brown and what is he nine years?
Speaker 2: In or is That?
Speaker 7: Tatum but you, know again it comes to how much longer and how valuable and what value does he have? Back the connection is. INTERESTING i will say that if that would happen, tonight it pushes A jazz forward in hyperdrive in my. Opinion the other part of that, is does a veteran like him or any player around the league with that type of, credential does that make a younger player even perk up and play? BETTER i would probably say. Yes the other part of this, equation in my, books, fence is if The jazz kind of state pat and they do want to protect the eighth, spot and they do pick up the two players or three or four and the other two tomorrow, night you've got to make some roster moves obviously to fill to fit them all. In but the other part of this equation, is, yes they could protect the eight by still playing the younger. Players, yes they could win seventeen. More they could be a thirty let's, say a thirty win team and just just miss giving up the eighth spot To Oklahoma, city but yet still gain valuable experience and you get a better feel of who you, are who, says who goes? Right and next, summer with a very loaded, draft you make even your More boulder. Moves so there's options. There BUT i think the question is how fast you want to accelerate the, process don't?
Speaker 9: You?
Speaker 1: Yeah AND i don't think it's ready to be. Accelerated but The jalen thing is interesting because he is good enough that if you hold on To, lowry and if you hold on To, walker and if you draft let's Say Trey johnson Or Jeremiah fears at, Five taylor comes back, Healthy cody makes a little, progress puts on some. Weight keante decides he wants to try to Guard isaiah comes back and knocks down threes at a higher clip Like. Craig if they can Acquire jalen and hold on to some of their main pieces and the framework, like the only Way boston does this is if they are all in on simply saving money, mode because a trade that could work As collins And clarkson And sexton and a bunch of picks For, Jalen and if you do, that we Have we've we got, Something, greg we do now you do sacrifice eight next, year but maybe it's worth it if you can get a star player Like Jalen brown at the age of twenty, eight.
Speaker 7: You, Know. Spence the other part of this is we really don't know the financial mentality of the new ownership of The. Celtics they went for six point one and The lakers just went for. Ten the value of who The lakers and the name brand ten, billion pardon, me and six point one. BILLION i wonder what the ownership if they're gonna. TRY i would, think if you're gonna take The celtics and The, lakers you've got to play, ball right or why even purchase such a an iconic. Franchise But i'm anxious to, see you know, What money still is the bottom, line and they don't want to get into the second, Apron so that is. Intriguing if they would dump a salary Of Jalen brown to try to break it to The studs While tatum recovers and then reset their reset probably isn't anything close anywhere near close to what The jazz would be faced with because free agency and players would flock To boston because of just who they. Are but, MAN i, say you bring up an interesting, conversation and you know, What we're going to get some answers here in the next two to four.
Speaker 1: Hours all, Right, butler BEFORE i set you, loose let's tap into that sharp sharp in the, mature you, know just sixth sense of. YOURS i want The Craig, Bowler jack, gut what is? It what does it tell? You what is your sixth sense to tell you your north?
Speaker 2: Star tell?
Speaker 1: You did they drafted five and twenty? One or do we see some?
Speaker 7: MOVEMENT i think we go five and. Fifteen that's just. ME i think THERE'S i Think Austin age may make an impact in this draft. TONIGHT i know it won't Be cooper flag, FIVE i Can that's my. Insight. There here's just something to think, About. SPENCE i want to get your quick. THOUGHT i know you got to. Go but Does canipple does he disrupt the top five pick by any? Chance is he a domino that could change things even for The? Jazz?
Speaker 2: YEAH i MEAN i like.
Speaker 1: HIM i just don't, know like it feels like a player Like Ace bailey has more ceiling. POTENTIAL i Think COLIN i think con excuse, ME i Think Conk nipple is going to be like a good solid ten to twelve YEAR nba vet and a pro who can shoot it and guard on the. Perimeter BUT i just like and maybe he ends up being a steadier piece Than Ace. Bailey but If ace was able to reach his, potential it feels like he has more like maybe he can be one of those dudes potential because of all the intoxicating traits he has and. Measurements But, canipple to, me is more of a safe pick for a team that's actually ready to. Win The jazz needs star power And i'm not Sure canipple has star.
Speaker 7: Power, yeah, yeah, no he's kind OF i have a toolbox, GUY i get. It the only REASON i bring that up is, Obviously Will coach played a duke Alongside. Flag you, know he got so much hype and he's done well in in. Workouts Ace bailey refused to work. Out that just personally doesn't set well with, me BUT i get how it works. Today you, know you saw me. Play you know WHO i, am and he does have freakish measures of six.' eight you Know The trey johnson young Man, from texas a, little smaller but still, you know, a great a, great athlete and you know the Kid From. RUTGERS ace, I mean i've written down a couple of, you know names that they respond or at least compare, him To And Michael porter junior was ONE that i. RAN across i thought that was kind of intriguing. As well and then there was an Outside Chance jeremiah fears may may Be a jazz selection. As WELL so i think there's two or three names that are real potential unless something drops early and then that first domino drops and it could change, you know a. Whole complexity but that's why we go through this. Every SUMMER and, i, think again this is one of the biggest biggest Drafts The jazz, i've had if not, the biggest Especially with austin three weeks into a new job At the helm in the war room tonight making some very big decisions for. This, franchise bowler you're.
Speaker 2: The man enjoy. The night we'll get you back on soon to break. It down, thank.
Speaker 7: You Sir, All, right bell take care and have a.
Speaker 1: Good night you do, the Same The Great, Craig BOWLER Jack tv voice Of The. Utah jazz we are about one hour and thirty minutes away from our live coverage of the twenty TWENTY Five, nba, Draft Myself, Gordy Chaser. Richard smith we're gonna have a good, time tonight so. Stay tuned we'll catch. A break but before we, do that we Welcome in ryan From the. Dish professionals give him a call at eight oh one four Two four dish and save a bunch of money on a bunch of.
Speaker 2: Different things what's, going On?
Speaker 11: Ron ben thanks.
Speaker 6: So much, as always, you know great opportunities right now with the offers we Have, with dish it's never.
Speaker 9: Been better call.
Speaker 6: Us. Up listen if you've got to your oversized CABLE direct, tv bill you know, you're overpaying call up and get, the BIGGEST fastest dvr. Out there it integrates streaming apps right into.
Speaker 2: The system it'll.
Speaker 6: Auto record, your locals auto record, your games it will auto hop, commercial breaks and we'll get you set up and installed as early as the. Next day get you three months, free service the whole service free plus we'll throw in paramount plus and showtime free for four months and DINNER. At jcw is this great opportunity to put money back in. Your pocket get SOME, free tv get an. Upgraded system we'll come out and set it all up. For free and also ask about our. Internet options, right now they have a half a dozen. Different, Providers guys i'm there is nobody that you can call that can line up All the internet providers that we can, and, say hey these are, the prices this is. The offers we'll pick the best one, for you or you can pick the best one and we'll get you set up with that will lower your internet bill AND your, tv bill put money back in, your pocket upgrade the. Whole system and we've got some great tricks too where the change in internet isn't a.
Speaker 11: Big deal how we can have all your.
Speaker 6: Devices that are. Automatically connected they just, stay connected so, it's easy just pay. Less money four to four dish cost now eight oh one four to.
Speaker 1: Four dish ryan From The dish professionals some really fun breaking news that is not related TO the nba draft Or The, utah Jazz But Real salt lake has just sent out an Email The diego luna has been selected for the twenty TWENTY Five Mls All. Star game diego was In The All star game last year and that has. Not happened back To Back all star APPEARANCES for rsl have not happened since twenty fourteen twenty fifteen when It Was. Nick Romando kyle beckerman also Made Consecutive All, star games As Did, will johnson but that was a. Decade ago so Congratulations To, diego luna a twenty TWENTY Five Mls, all star very. Well deserved Let's see buller stop, Spot. Today curtius of our Friends At Advanced, window products you can get twenty five hundred dollars off when you buy ten windows. Or More Local salt, Lake Company, Nate Orchard, jake webber friends of. The program they are here to help you as a Resident Of. Salt lake so here's. The deal been in. Business forever they've got great lifetime warranties that are transferable to new owners if you are looking to sell, a home but if you just want to replace, your windows you can save twenty five hundred dollars off when you buy ten windows or more by dialing eight oh one eight five zero ninety one hundred eighth one eight five zero ninety one hundred eighth one eighty five zero ninety one hundred or Online At advance windows dot com.
Speaker 2: Is this, My Guys? Jericho road, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh nice of course we've resurrected them once a big piece Of The billins. Bench show back in, the day our producer was a young Man Named jason shepherd Who wore gene shorts AND loved lds. Boy bands shef is now with our FRIENDS AT, byu tv as is our next guest friend of, The Program, spencer linton On a. WEDNESDAY afternoon i know at some point you may have tried Out For, jericho ROAD because i know you have an. Excellent voice at, SOME point i know you were rocking A Little. Jay, road yeah.
Speaker 6: Truth, Be.
Speaker 10: Told spence that's the First time i've ever heard, that Song and i've never been more pleased to announce something in.
Speaker 1: My, life okay, all right, Fair, ENOUGH look i know we gotta be quick with, you today so let's dig. INTO it i have a macro, Question. First spencer then we'll dig into some topics in. A vacuum, you know six years ago and my old producer actually sent out a Tweet because i'd forgotten i'd made. This comment but six, years ago when the RUMORS of nil started to surface and the potential of deep pocketed donors to make a difference in athletic departments became somewhat of. A reality, i said this is, a massive massive piece of potential ADVANTAGE. For byu this is something they can utilize and capitalize on in addition all the other THINGS that byu brings to be able to kind of get an edge that they haven't had for quite. Some time so for a, long time about a decade, or so there was an innate Advantage for UTAH over byu simply BECAUSE of p five INCLUSION with pac twelve vers independence and now the playing field is not.
Speaker 2: Just even it feels like the momentum is shifted.
Speaker 1: Down south why do You think BYU's been able to capitalize on this era to add so many talented players both basketball.
Speaker 2: And, football.
Speaker 10: Yeah getting the right coaches in place and on the Heels Of kevin young and a winning Season With kolone Sataki And kevin young taking the basketball team To the sweet sixt team like that first and foremost, to me it has to be stated like you have to win for your boosters to consistently get behind you, and, say okay there, are results this. Is fun we like what. Is, happening also the MOMENTUM of byu finally being invited Into a power for conference had the fan base very excited and exuberant to want to get involved.
Speaker 11: In any way that.
Speaker 10: They can so those, two things being involved and invited finally after so many years to the big. Boy table granted you're not in a prime spot at that, table yet but you're still At the power. For table and then winning that breeds naturally a lot. Of excitement and then you have boosters that believe and went and Fought For kevin young to get him From The phoenix suns as an ASSISTANT to byu and then to keep HIM at byu just a few months ago when things really, ramped UP or i should say a few weeks ago when it kind of got strange Because the sun's job opened up and THERE were. Nba, opportunities again like these, these boosters they know a winner when they. See One kevin young is. Clearly that And What kalani satake is doing in building his culture and trying to find guys that are the, right fit but trying to get the top tier members Of the Church Of, jesus Christ the Latter day Saints and yesterday's five star quarterback signing is a huge boost in. That direction like all these things combining have created this this really really big wave of momentum and so but it starts with winning and finally being at a power for a level because there's just so much excitement and there's a. Real Passion brian santiago the athletic area to, keep saying it's never, been better never been a better time to be involved in this athletic department and with, this team and with the momentum, That's happening like there's just so much juice and passion, and excitement and that starts with being at the big boy table and then delivering some really fun winning seasons.
Speaker 1: And also being able to pay these players on par or if not more than. Other schools VIA Ni, l spencer it is okay that we say that, Out loud.
Speaker 10: No, No question i'm, with you and it's legal. Right there, the network the NETWORK at byu to, your point has always. Been there it's. Been Fantastic mark pope has has set a couple of times, like hey we. Need more when he WAS, At bua, he's like we need, more support we need more. TIME fence i don't know that the boosters Believed in mark the way that they Do In kevin young and connected. With him it just there was a little bit of a. Disconnect Somewhere So, kevin young to, his credit has helped bridge that gap and make it more likely for the big money boosters to get behind him to even. Greater capacity, but yes it's always. Been there now that, it's legal, they're, saying well why. Wouldn't we we love, the school we love, the program, They're winning we like these coaches and players that they're. Bringing, in yeah sign.
Speaker 5: Me up so if, it's legal. Do it.
Speaker 10: That's fine like now it becomes an arms race in, that capacity and it's. Totally okay, so yes nil is a huge part of it.
Speaker 5: As.
Speaker 1: Well, well, look MAN like i was raised By a, MORMON capitalist i was raised BY an.
Speaker 2: Lds, Capitalist, okay like.
Speaker 1: It is a religion and a culture that understands the power of. The purse, tell me help me understand where the messaging, comes from where there's from my prism and, My, perspective spencer a certain faction of people that work for the school or love the school that simply refuse to say, out loud yes it's, About, winning yes it's about. P, four yes it's ABOUT the. Byu, Experience yes Kevin and klonie, are elite but it's also about the ability to be very competitive and yes sometimes the higher bidder to be able to attract these players to come play basketball and FOOTBALL.
Speaker 2: At byu help.
Speaker 1: Me understand the deal where there's messaging in certain, circles that from, my prism seem to be very reluctant to just even say that.
Speaker 2: Out, loud.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 10: GREAT question i think there is such a negative connotation associated, WITH well byus just buying. The players that's the only reason that THEY'RE. Choosing byu why would you ever GO? To byu clearly they're chasing. A bag i think people are so hesitant to admit that they do, have competitive if NOT elite nil and boosters, behind this because there is this faction of social media, that, says well nobody WOULD pick byu if it weren't for, the money AND so i guess THAT'S why i throw in the. Other things it's a. Package deal the nil and money is a big part of that and a huge arm of that in making that. Wheel spin if you take, it away it. Wouldn't GO but i think that people are hesitant and the faction you reference are hesitant to talk about money because they don't want to somehow minimum how important the coaching, arm is the, winning arm, the experience the transformative experience they're promising ATHLETES at byu to become greater men and, greater women and. The education they want all of the arms to get their. Equal due and so with this negative, connotation, around well it's only because of. The money that's probably why they shift away. From that i'm here to tell you that it's just one incredibly important arm in this wield that makes the whole thing. Push forward you know.
Speaker 1: What's interesting first, of all the good news is social media, isn't real so he can just put. That aside, You Know sam harris is The Podcaster. Sam herris have you heard? Of, Him, Yes okay i'm a. BIG fan i like the way, HE thinks i like the way. He communicates and a couple of, years ago After mister musk's Takeover, of acts he elected To exit stage left and he did this hour and a half podcast and why it was the best decision he. Ever made, AND look i. Check it, you know that's where we've got the. Draft tonight i'm waiting for news on the jazz maybe. Doing Something but i'll tell, you, What, man EVER since i pretty much left, the platform you realize how small, It is you realize how irrelevant, it is you KNOW what? I mean so like the people that ARE dragging byu for adding, TALENT online i just.
Speaker 2: Don't give them. Any. Credence man maybe it's.
Speaker 10: Just, me, WELL man i wish more people thought, Like. You spence and this is not. A, JOKE literally i was sitting in my car about thirty. Minutes ago IT'S because i had been chided by some friends about kind of disappearing on, social media, like hey how come you're not posting? As much like where'd? You go like are you on? Summer vacation and it's a purposeful move by me to just take, a break take, A Breath like i'm. WITH you i still, check IT but i don't FEEL like i need to constantly. Post stuff i'm involved with shows that post content with me involved all. The time that good enough for me for in. Large PART but i was literally being chided and kind of ribbed. For DISAPPEARING but i feel free to, A Degree so i'm going to join you in. LINE there i think there is there's real power. In That and i'm not saying THAT that i feel the negativity from social media, per se but it is a very, real ELEMENT and, I wish i wish more people could see a big picture like you, are presenting whereas, you can you can talk about this nil just because there are fans from angry opposing fan bases around the conference and around, the country Whether it's oregon who's in the battle For The rider lions movement he GOES, to byu or it's it's other big twelve schools who, are.
Speaker 11: Saying oh SEE b a just because of.
Speaker 10: The money like, you're right it is a very very loud and obnoxious vocal minority and the grand scheme. Of things And so i'm going to try and be better at that and not give the type of credence that a lot of people do to this social media wave because. It's okay it's OKAY for byu to have incredible boosters and support and money and the backing that they do all under a. Legal scope now where this is within. The rules so let's go ahead and flex where we have never been able to flex and do, this thing, you.
Speaker 1: Know the other gift you give yourself before you move off of this because only you have a couple of. MINUTES left i did a podcast last week and the guy, Was, like hey you're getting.
Speaker 2: Killed online how does that make.
Speaker 1: You feel, i'm like didn't, see it, no idea or you, get aggregated, no clue like you just freedom is, the biggest the, Best term like when you're getting. Attacked online if you don't, see it it doesn't, really happen.
Speaker 2: Doesn't he it doesn't. Even, exist, yes yes if.
Speaker 10: The tree falls in the forest and no one's around to hear it or, see it does it actually? Fall?
Speaker 2: Exactly yeah, great point. Great point, all right a couple. Things here we'll end With The.
Speaker 1: Lion's kid but before we, get there the only local player that is kind of surrounding with some intrigue during the draft Process. Is yegor we've had a couple of draft experts on the. Show today what are you? Hearing about, you know the feedback he's received during this process and potentially where we could hear his name.
Speaker 2: Called Tonight.
Speaker 10: So i've spent significant time Communicating with yegor's Camp And travis hanton. And others Travis's with Yegor And brooklyn tonight and has been a huge part Of why yegor IS at byu and his whole, experience there and FROM what i have gathered from the combine and from interviews and Everything that yegor has done in this really just endless process to. Get ready it feels like there are five teams that are the, most Interested and i'll list them in order of where they pick first, To last starting With The. Houston rockets they were at, number ten but they obviously traded that pick To The fee suns With The kevin, durant exchange So the Yegor to houston feels less likely now that they don't have that. Tenth Pick The portland trailblazers are a team that's been very interested. In Him The chicago bulls, at Twelve The atlanta hawks, at thirteen And The, brooklyn nets who have five first. ROUND picks i believe they pick what eighth. And Nineteen the wizards are in. THERE too i don't think they Would take jegor as early. AS six i know they. PICK eighteenth i don't think he's gonna slip. To eighteen would be a surprise to see. Him there but those are, the teams so it feels like he's gonna go somewhere between eleven and. MAYBE seventeen i think most likely looking at the teams and the conversations that, have happened his, skill set the need for a point guard to help out, Right now i'm looking at twelve With The chicago Bulls for yegor to join a Guy Like josh diddy and help out that point guard line and the combo garden and his distribution and, passing ability Or The atlanta Hawks With trey Young like atlantic could really use a big Guard with yegor's. Skill set i've heard that scouts have been very impressed in his individual workouts with his shot and the progress that he has made his higher. Release point he's worked relentlessly to prove to people that he is a better shooter than, we saw.
Speaker 11: Especially early in his CAMPAIGN.
Speaker 10: At byu he got better later in.
Speaker 11: The season but they don't talk.
Speaker 10: About that they, just, think ah, you know twenty nine percent or twenty seven percent. Rebot. Shooter yikes he has worked, so. Hard, tirelessly really that's Where The travis anton youth to get better at, his shot and he has impressed. Some people so my Best guess Chicago twelve atlanta, at thirteen because both of those teams Really like yegor has invested a lot of time into him and he can immediately fit into their.
Speaker 1: Specific rosters, all RIGHT before i said, you LOSE because i know you got, To run so be as short as, you want tell me about. The process The landed rider Lions in provo to PLAY. For byu, AND look, i mean we won't see him for a. Few years there's a. Mission thing but what sort of a quarterback prospect? Is he and what's the buzz down There?
Speaker 2: In, provo gosh you know?
Speaker 10: What's Crazy is he referenced On the pat McAfee show that he got his first scholarship offer in eighth grade and that WAS. From byu he got a scholarship off From the coops when he, was THIRTEEN and i remember vaguely hearing about that, and, thinking wow are we really starting? This early but clearly they saw something in him that, was SPECIAL and byu was paying attention to his, older brother and there was connections to, the family and obviously he's a member Of the Church Of jesus Christ of Latter. Day saints and there's been a huge Emphasis from kolani and his staff to be way more competitive in going and getting the best members of the faith because they have lost out in recent years for the Likes of Utah and OREGON and Usc and power five schools On the, west coast and then it's slipping into sec Territory with Alabama an Ole miss so the emphasis has been we have to figure out a way to go and get the best guys that fit, our culture that grew up in the religion and make this a place for them to want. To be so there was a huge push there to accommodate his desire to serve a mission for however long that mission is going. To be i've heard everything from a year to, fourteen months to a year and a half to a fall. Two years we, don't know but he does want to serve a mission for at least some length. OF time byu is clearly a place that can help him, do that and they had enough of a. Number financially oregon came in at the last minute and offered. MORE money i don't know what to figure. It WAS all i was told was in That realm oregon offered more MONEY. Than byu but it was not just about a strict dollar sign and about getting the, most money way bigger for somebody who is a member of the faith and has a long History, with byu going back to his first scholarship offer in. Eighth grade they love what he can do on. THE field i hear a Lot Of zach, wilson COMPARISONS and i hate to even say this one because people will, be like oh, My, gosh spencer, stop it stop. The hyperbole but he's a, bigger kid six two and, twenty pounds and he's a, physical.
Speaker 11: RUNNER so i heard in a slight Way Like.
Speaker 10: Jalen Hurts So zach wilson a little Bit Of jalen hurts in the way, he plays but. Very confident he has got a, rocket arm and he's, a really really. Capable runner, IN fact i watched, this TAPE but i thought there were flashes a little bit of a Guy Like, jackson dart especially with him being a. Bigger frame so that's the type of player. He is bya, Worked Relentlessly chad lewis, TOLD me i mean probably four years ago when he was. A freshman i don't know what it's going, to take but we have to get that GUY.
Speaker 11: To byu we have to get that GUY, to byu and.
Speaker 10: He wasn't really LOOKING at byu seriously at, the time after his sophomore year in. High SCHOOL like byu wasn't in his, top five they probably weren't even in this. Top ten but the shift to power for, conference boosters, nil money the, right culture the right connection with his family, and faith it all kind of, came together And Now ryder lyons is a five star QUARTERBACK. At byu, all, right.
Speaker 2: Buddy well.
Speaker 1: Good perspective it is an exciting time, down there a lot of momentum in the, positive DIRECTION so i appreciate the color.
Speaker 2: And context have a great week man with, Chat. Soon okay always.
Speaker 10: Good to talk. To you thank you for freeing my mind in the social media around.
Speaker 1: My friend i'm here, For You, spencer lynton to be Your, north star to Be, your leah to Be your leah.
Speaker 2: In life anything you need you let.
Speaker 7: Me, know okay Let's Go, Jericho road let's go, Love.
Speaker 2: It spencer letting our BUDDY FROM.
Speaker 1: BYU tv byu dialing in the highest rated prospect they've had since two thousand and two at the, quarterback position That Player, ben olsen who didn't work OUT. At Byu happy wednesday. To You Happy draft day. To YOU The nba draft begins in fifty five minutes and nine seconds from, right now and we will have the best draft coverage for you in. THE market i can promise You that i'm going to be anchored. Our coverage We Have, Richard smith Gordy Chiasa liven studio combined ninety years, of experience literally ninety years of experience analyzing prospects and drafting prospects in. Pro Basketball The utah jazz as of now are sitting at number five and number. Twenty one no draft day, trades Yet But john collins has opted in to his contracts for this, upcoming season about twenty six million.
Speaker 2: In change so that was a piece. Of news it came down the mock drafts.
Speaker 1: That are out Have the jazz Taking Either, Trey Johnson, jeremiah Fears Kan, ka Nipple Or.
Speaker 2: Ace bailey so. Stay tuned we bounced around a little.
Speaker 1: Bit today we've done a lot, of draft a LOT of nba started things Off With Tim bond temps Live in Brooklyn. At Barclay's raphael Barlows dot buy Stuck In New york city traffic on his Way, To Brooklyn new York At. Barclays center just did a little college Football With. Spencer linton you're gonna hear from the voice Of The, Utah Jazz Craig, bowler jack and then we will launch into our live coverage OF The nba draft beginning at. Six o'clock but joining me live in studio very, special guest, once again My guy Gavin From Honest Second opinion plumbing On. A, Wednesday Gavin Happy, draft.
Speaker 2: Day buddy how? You Doing Happy? Draft day i'm.
Speaker 12: Doing great how? Are?
Speaker 2: You spencer?
Speaker 1: SO good i know you're A big utah, Football fan but DOES The nba draft move the needle for you?
Speaker 2: At all?
Speaker 12: YOU know i h after, LAST season i just like to get more than. Twenty wins.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, it's, Tough man, it's tough like a Lot of jazz fans waiting for something that gives.
Speaker 2: Them hope, That's right That's what. I'm, doing yeah.
Speaker 1: And we've been spoiled did. Our market we've had really good teams for a, long time so we'll see what they. Do tonight, All, right gavin HERE'S where i want to start On A Second. Opinion plumbing give me the. Origin story why did you decide to. Do, this, no, Right absolutely so it all started eight, Years. AGO spence i was sitting in my house wintertime and the furnace turned OFF and i wasn't sure why it would turn off. TURN on i wasn't, working well AND so i called a really WELL known hvac Company. In utah they, came out they looked, at it and the guy spent three and a half hours in my home selling me ON why i needed a completely BRAND new, hvac system a. New furnace, you know it's only gonna be five, thousand dollars, you know not a. Big, deal yeah only, five thousand and we'll get you a brand. New one, you know this one's way. Too old and so after three and a, HALF hours i was just texting my WIFE and i, was like please come, save me like get me out, of THIS like i want him gone out of.
Speaker 12: Our house and then he. FINALLY left i looked on, you know just for a local handyman. Called one he. Came over he checked out the furnace and he looked at the flame sensor rod. In there he cleaned it with some, steel wool put it, back in and the furnace worked for another, eight years and so it's like he charged me fifty bucks and. Then left it took, you know all but. Twenty minutes and THAT'S when i, realized that, you Know when i've got a problem in, my home there's there's two. Big, ISSUES one i want to Make sure i'm finding the right, Person RIGHT like i it took me how long to FIND the? Hvac company, YOU know i was googling trying to, find somebody looking.
Speaker 2: At reviews it's just it's.
Speaker 12: A PAIN, and i, YOU know, I like i'm already upset that my furnace, isn't working AND so i don't want to spend the time to go and. Do that and then the second THING is i don't want to be taken to. The cleaners, YOU know i don't want somebody selling me a whole new SYSTEM because i DON'T. Know hvac and so, IT'S like i don't need somebody selling me a whole new system WHEN all i needed was to clean the flame. Rod sensor and so that's that's what, we're doing, you know with with your, Plumbing issues we're going to put you in contact with a trusted, referral partners somebody that can fix. Your problem without you having to spend hours or days trying to coordinate with them to get them to. Your house and then we're also going to come and help diagnose the problem and give you an idea of what.
Speaker 6: It's.
Speaker 1: LIKE see i love THIS because i think we all can relate to a scenario where we're just not educated about something that is wrong with, our car or something that is wrong with, our house or something that is wrong with, our, teeth right whatever, it is and we just don't want to be sold a bill. Of goods just be honest and quote me the right Price and i'm happy to, pay that but don't. Upsell me and it sounds like you've kind of landed in this lane, where yes you're running, a business but you also want to help people avoid pitfalls that we all tend to.
Speaker 2: Fall in is that fair?
Speaker 6: To?
Speaker 12: Say exactly, and so and that's when we WERE when i was debating about starting, this company, you know and this is a, new company, you know it's only a few. Months old but, you know we, thought, about well let's perform. The service but the issue, became, is well how can we make sure that we're not using our own self interest when we're quoting. Things out, you know like EVEN if i can, say HONEST if i start hiring other people within, my company are they going to? Be honest because, you know these, trades workers, they're great but the more, you pay the more they, get paid so they're incentivized to charge. You More like that's that's what it boils. Down to and so THAT'S when, i decided you, know what instead of fixing, the problem we're gonna go ahead and diagnose, the problem, you know be able to give you the exact same advice we'd give our, own mothers without any sort of. Ulterior motives and then we'll put you in contact with people that. We trust and we were refreshing this. List constantly. You know if if we trust somebody but then we start hearing some, negative feedback we take them off, our list, You know and so we give people a chance to prove.
Speaker 2: Their trustworthiness and you're putting your money where your.
Speaker 1: Mouth is because we are sixty six days away from Kickoff for, utah football tell our listeners what you're doing for them between now and Kick FOR. Utah ucla.
Speaker 12: That's right so if you have a plumbing issue right now between Now in, august thirtieth we will come and do the diagnosis. For free so we always start with an over the. Phone diagnosis see if we can solve the issue just through a. Quick FaceTime if, we can't we'll come out to. Your home normally we charge, you know twenty dollars for that face time or fifty dollars to come out to. Your home right Now until, august thirtieth we will do it. For free so, any issue if you wanted to get a new, water heater a new tankless, water heater you, got leaks you got, you know, toilet problems whatever, it is you give us a call or go to our website and we'll hook it.
Speaker 2: For free so That is.
Speaker 1: Intel kick so you only have limited time to do that you just. ALLUDED to i want to ask you another question here because the name of the company is on a second. Opinion plumbing and, Forgive me i'm not A big, hvac guy but you don't only do, plumbing Issues right there are several services you offer right.
Speaker 12: So right now we are focused, with plumbing but we do want to, you know expand AND, do hvact do electrical you know, the, doorframes, windows balconies, you. Know landscaping so we are trying to get it to the point where anything that you have an issue with so honest second opinion for your home is really what we're trying. To do anything that you have an issue with, Your home we're trying to get the professionals that can give you an, honest diagnosis tell you what a price range, would be and then put you in contact with somebody that can come and, fix it so that way you're only stopping at. One place you get the knowledge that you need to empower yourself to be able to take care of, the problem and then you're put in contact with one person or, you know maybe one or two people that could fix.
Speaker 1: The problem before we get to the, CONTACT information i know that you have already been able to help some people really save thousands of dollars based off. This approach so let's hear about a testimonial.
Speaker 2: Or two you know.
Speaker 12: Absolutely so we actually just had about two, weeks ago we had a couple that called in and they were quoted a repipe on, their home which when we got there made. Perfect sense the pipes, were corroded there was leaks, going on and eighteen thousand dollars was what the repipe, was quoted so, not cheap but when we looked, at it the size of, the house the amount of work that it, would take that that was accurate to what we would quote. As well but then, what, happened though is the company that came out said to get under their crawl space in their house to finish. The repipe it was going to cost the adfition twelve thousand dollars because they would have to dig it out. By HAND so, I went i looked at their cross SPACE and i couldn't understand it because it looked like any normal crawl space. To me AND so i, was, like well tell me about, the plumber and, they're, like well he was a. Big guy he was pushing over, three bills and so it was just it was a matter of the guy couldn't fit, in, there okay and so he was going to have to pay twelve thousand dollars to get him. In there and so we ended up connecting with some other plumbers that could come. Out there they did the, re pipe save them twelve.
Speaker 2: Thousand dollars so that's.
Speaker 1: THAT'S wild, i, mean look so if you guys have plumbing problems and you're tired of being upsold and charge thousands of dollars for things that you. Don't need definitely get a hold of Aut At Second. Opinion, plumbing gavin how did they get ahold?
Speaker 12: Of you so there's two ways you can either go to. Our website you can just. Google us if you Just Google Honest Second, opinion plumbing you should be able to find us there on that. First page or you can also call us at eight, oh one three four one nine five.
Speaker 1: Nine two so if you have issues right now in your house, with plumbing if you've already been quoted something and you're not sure if, it's accurate whatever, the deal just get a Hold of gavin and our Friends At Honest Second opinion plumbing by dialing eight oh one three four one nine five. Nine two eight oh one three four one nine five. Nine two eight oh one three, four, one nine five nine two are Online At Honest second opinion. Dot, com gavin good to, see, You buddy good to see. You too go utes two and we've.
Speaker 2: Got to get out of here because coming up on the.
Speaker 1: Other side it is our live coverage of the twenty TWENTY Five nba draft live From The barclay Center, In Brooklyn, New York, Gordy Chiasa, richard smith the combined like ninety years of pro basketball talent evaluation experience coming. Your Way, so porter let's get out of here so we can do the draft stuff coming. Up next what comes our way On a thursday edition of the.
Speaker 2: Radio show On.
Speaker 3: A thursday edition Of, the drive, of course we will have the first round OF The nba draft to React To Richard, Smithy smith we'll be in studio with you to react. To that will chat With One andy larsen on the program for some, Jazz Reaction publo mastroenni On One diego Luna The, all star and we'll go from there some sports court action and more On A Thursday Nba draft day two edition Of.
Speaker 2: The draft there, You go so stay tuned For a.
Speaker 1: Thursday show we'll say good night For this wednesday edition of, the program and a special thank You To, Tim, Bond Temps, Rafael Barlow, Craig bowler Jack And. Spencer linton pretty the sound you made MISS website espn seven hundred sports. Dot com download our, Mobile App take us On, the go available In The app store And The Google. Play store, then finally for what we do on our space every afternoon for. Four hours check out our. Podcast page podcast Is Called the Drive. With spence Check its it's available wherever gay. Your show subscriber rate reviews say next thing is in. The comments give us all the Stars.
Speaker 2: For Porter i'm.
Speaker 1: Spence Saying tonight coming up on the, other side live coverage OF The nba Draft With gordy Chase And. Richard smith so don't, go anywhere keep it right HERE on espn seven hundred and NINETY. Twe ffm we are proud to be Part OF Utah's espn.
Speaker 2: Radio network