Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome the Game As Mornings still presented by decou Deals with Me. Jeff Greb, your host from Giant bomb dot com, thank you for tuning in. In this episode, we're going to be talking about Nintendo making a surprise acquisition on Thanksgiving because it's Nintendo, and the potential return of a classic Xbox three sixty zombie series. It's gonna be a good one because we have Alexi Luddi on the show. Lexi, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm not doing too bad, Jeff. It's been a real rollercoaster a couple of days. I I reached out and I asked for some help raising some fund so I could build a computer, because it's become pretty apparent that I'm going to need a computer to stay in this industry. And I had an opportunity come down the pike for twenty twenty six. I was like, Hey, if you if you are willing to do some reviews for us, would like to do would like you to do reviews for us, but it has to be on PC. And I was like, I don't think my laptop will be able to run most games. So I asked for some help and people really showed up and that was really it was nice to feel appreciated and like people wanted me in the space. And then I looked at the price of RAM and I went, fuck, people don't appreciate me enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you need a little bit more appreciation out there these days, especially, they're more than you needed a couple of months ago. That's for sure. It's going to get worse appreciation. It's gonna get the more expensive.
Speaker 2: It was the thing that tipped me over the edge because I was kind of saying, like, I had this offer come through and I was like, I'll see what the steam machine is, like, this might be the answer to all my problems. And then a friend of mine was like, Okay, while you do that, I'm gonna like pick out parts and kind of price out what it would be to build a PC from Irish suppliers for you. And between Monday of last week and Wednesday of last week, we watched listings for six or thirty two gigabytes of AM that we could have gotten in Ireland before the end of like twenty twenty five. The cheapest one we were looking at on Monday was one hundred and fifty four euro. By Wednesday, it was four hundred and twenty three euro Holy.
Speaker 1: Shit, that's a bigger number. That's a much bigger number.
Speaker 2: It's a way fucking bigger number.
Speaker 1: It's bad, Okay, yeah, it's it's gonna keep getting worse out there, I think so, yeah, you may. Unfortunately, it's like you still got to just move now while you still can, because if you want one in the next year. It just seems like it's going to keep going up in price. What does does that link still going? Where was it? Drop dropped the line?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah it is. It's on my blue sky. I'll go find it there, all right. But yeah, people have been really supportive. There were people offering to send me stuff, but a lot of them were in America, and I was like, listen, I've shipped things to the US recently that would not work out well for either of us.
Speaker 1: No, it's not. It's not worth it for anybody involved. Absolutely. I had a good Thanksgiving. Happy to be back everybody. Thanks for hanging in there while we were off. Thanksgiving one of my favorite holidays. It delivered again this year, good food. We did do the I ended up doing City Barbecue, which is a local chain of barbecue restaurants here and they made the turkey and it was very good. That was a good choice because I'm Thanksgiving is kind of my thing here. It's the rest of the family not as into it as I am, so I don't like to put any work on them. So in the past I've made all the food and no problem with that, except for I also like sitting around and watching football. So this year I was able to do both by just kind of outsourcing a little bit and food was very delicious, So had a good time. And then second thing I want to talk about, talk to you about, Lexi. Lexi, do you have like people in your country who are like very brand loyal to something like do you know what dunkin Donuts is?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, we have. We have Krispy Qums now we got them literally last year.
Speaker 1: Okay. Do you have like people who are like that's their whole thing, because it's like something out here where people are like, oh, I'm a Starbucks, Gurly or Varianto dunkin Donuts. Well, I saw the mythical creature of a van that was decked out in Dunkin Donuts like bumper stickers, and one of them said, if you see me I'm probably on my way to dunkin Donuts and I got to watch them pull into a dunkin Donuts and it just it felt magical, all right, I felt blessed. LEXI do you got do you have that all over there? Anything like that hunk?
Speaker 2: If your horny? Plus I was gonna say, the closest we have with that is like tea bags. People are very particular about, like werry okay ye, which which type of tea? I guess, especially Irish people and British people. Irish people are like, no Irish tea is the only way to go. British people are like no British tea. And you know, I saw that a super eye patch Wolf went to the newly opened Tackle Bell in a fucking yeah yeah, in a free way like road stop trip play. That's basically it's along the side of emotion, yeah, which for Americans is what Europeans called freeways.
Speaker 1: And it's a lot of things.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, it's it's like a combination with fucking pizza place as well the what's his name, the fucking really sweaty guy who is terrifying Papa Papa John. Yeah, it's a combination Papa John's Place, if I, if I, if I've done my research correctly, and a super Max, which you don't have there, but you would love. Yeah, you would love super Max because it is the chain that named their burger the Big Mac. And then McDonald's tried to take them to Corsh and they were like, actually, we've been around for longer and we've been calling it the Big Mac for longer.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: McDonald's had to let them call it the Big macan Island. So you'd love them that the flipping it to the man.
Speaker 1: And I definitely, I deeply appreciate that absolutely. Cas question you said, Irish t versus British tea, is any of it grown in either country?
Speaker 2: Oh god no, no, that's.
Speaker 1: Like I don't know much about tea, as my history has proven time and time again.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to get that on the record there real quick. That's fine, that's good time. All right. We should explain ourselves to get into this show. We're Giant Bomb Video Game Dupasis. As you can obviously tell, we're out here on our own doing independent games media that whole thing. That means no corporate backer, that means we have to have you at our back instead, and you can help us out and ensure we continue doing what we're doing, enabling us to do more cool stuff in the future. By going to giant bomb dot com slash Join become a premium member. It means the world to us. Every time we see someone join up, we see it. It means the world to us. It really does make this whole thing go round, and we appreciate all the support. One more time. That's giant bomb dot com slash Join, get free, free, add free episodes, things like that, a bunch of goodies, more stuff in twenty twenty six as we have to deliver on a lot of stuff from the Bombit doon and stuff like the new website, which.
Speaker 2: Is if you go to that link right now, don't freak out, you can't sign.
Speaker 1: Up, Yes, Rosen, the site froze this morning. Although that's I see Chuck's already getting some some hair pulling moments here in the discord. I'm just gonna let him handle that real quick. Can we get some just Chucky's in Chat for Chuck or thank Chuck for Chuck. He is probably gonna die this week. It'll be well worth it because we'll have a new website on the other side. But he's probably going to die, and I for one am gonna be a little bit sad about that. So thank you Chuck for all the work there, and that means enormous explosive dot com is going to become the new Giant Bomb. But the site is frozen. You can't do any thing on there right now. If you didn't log in, accounts lost, There's just nothing we could do about it. At this point, you had a fair warning.
Speaker 2: We should really see if we can get Chuck and Dave Snyder into a podcast together and just let the two of them like stream into the void.
Speaker 1: All like the sort of whole lineage of engineers talk about the like the evolution to this point. That would be I'm sure you would love that. As far as this show goes, most weekdays, I Jeff Grubb will help piece your gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting. For all these topics, I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. If you are watching live on twitch welcome, you can always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for game mess mornings or find the RSS feed on GiantBomb dot com. You can also catch the show later with chapters and timestamps on YouTube. Hello YouTube. All right, we have a lot to get into, so let's start the morning mess with Nintendo enters deal to acquire Bandai Namco Studios Singapore. This comes from assef Con at Shaq News. Nintendo has announced its intention to acquire all of Bandai Namco Studio Singapore BNSS to strengthen development structure at the entire company. The Big end will establish a new subsidiary, now called Nintendo Studio Singapore as a result of the steal, valued at over one million Singapore dollars that amounts to about seven hundred and seventy thousand at the time of this article. Here's the purpose of the acquisition section of the press release posted directly to the Nintendo Investors' Relation website. BNSS was established as one of Bandy Namco Group's overseas bases and is a development company with strong expertise in creating in game art assets that has contributed to the development of Nintendo titles, including the Splatoon series, and has an ongoing business relationship with Nintendo. Considering that this business record, Nintendo has made the decision to acquire shares in BNSS to strengthen the development structure of the Nintendo group. Basically, to me, I read this LEXI as Bandy Namco, like everyone else, is looking at cutting costs. This is one of those things where it's like, unless we have something very active with Nintendo, and even if we do, we might cut cost and say have AI do this work for Nintendo instead, and Nintendo goes, ah, no, no, no, no no no. If we're paying you money, we're going to have it done the right way and let's work something out here instead. If you're trying to cut costs, let's just take this off your hands. We'll continue with business as usual for us and still have to be able to get the art assets that we need from the people that we've worked with before and trust for future Split Stoon games and other games likely going forward.
Speaker 2: What's your take, Yeah, this is an interesting acquisition. I'm not sure if you remember, but this studio's most recent project was that paper mache action game. The kind of it was. It was at a couple of things. Chat will know the name of it. I'm looking at an image of it right now, but it was so generic. I just can't remember the name of the fucking game. Heiro Gammy, that's it. I played like two hours of it and it was fine. It was just very like plain. But they've done a bunch of support work on a bunch of titles. They worked on like Manzantle Worlds's plots, so they have been around the place, and they have worked with a lot of external teams. This is mainly interesting because this was the team that was originally going to be making Metroid Prime for and had been for several years before Nintendo. Yeah, before Nintendo looked at it and we're like, actually, we're not a huge fan of this. So yeah, it's interesting that, you know, even despite that project not going according to plan, that Nintendo are like, we still want to bring them internally. Maybe they see the value of them as a support studio more so than as a lead development studio, and they think that they could kind of leverage that more if they just straight up own them. So yeah, it's interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, you know, seven hundred and seventy thousand dollars is not much. I think that kind of tells the tail here a little bit that this is a friendly transfer from band Dy Namco to Nintendo, two companies that will continue to have on an ongoing relationship. I don't think that this means suddenly band Dy Namco is not going to be there to support other Nintendo games in the future. That's something that they've probably made quite a bit of money doing. But this is just like, ah, this is becoming not necessarily something that we want to keep around, and Nintendo's something, well, we want to keep this, so let's just go ahead and purchase some of the assets, maybe some licenses, some tools. Seven hundred and seventy thousand dollars. It's almost just like lawyer's fees for getting the deal done. So it's just, hey, we're going to take the people on this payroll and we will begin paying them instead directly. You don't have to worry about it anymore. And it's effectively like you've been able to lay these people off and cut those costs without anyone losing their jobs, and we continue to get the content that we that we need. You know, this article that I got here from shak News. They're like, maybe this is a precursor to more acquisitions from Nintendo. Bigger things yet to come because for Akawa has talked. You know what it says right here. Nintendo president Shuntaro for A Kawa did say during its earnings release analyst or you know, conversation with analysts earlier this month that the company is looking at potential acquisitions and this targeted purchase could just be the beginning of a larger expansion. I don't think this is any sign that they are expanding. This sounds like a strategic like shoring up of their current business with the potential to do more with like the stuff that they have. But I don't think they're going to expand through acquisition. What do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I see if a smart guy, he looks at a lot of this stuff and it keeps quiet quite a close eye on the markets and stuff like that. But I definitely think that that this is more so Nintendo picking and choosing and making the small bets that make sense. You saw that with the movie studio that they acquired, or not the movie studio, but the animation studio.
Speaker 1: That they acquired.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I think that right now they are looking around at the rest of the industry, which did overspend for a lot of big studios, and you see that a lot with the Subnatica two stuff at the moment, and you could argue that you see it with Sony and Bungee, but they're looking around and they're saying, like, listen, we do want to continue to grow and to move into different markets and to sustain or pipelines and to show up up pipelines, especially when, like our partners aren't the healthiest they've ever been in a lot of ways. You know, there are companies that are struggling that Nintendo would re I aren't for outsourcing previously, so they are probably going like, listen, we're perfectly healthy. We can afford to make smaller bets on these small studios that will continue to support us, and we're like their jobs, they have been surviving off of supporting us for the last like ten years or whatever. In some ways, it just makes me feel really bad for the Mario and Luigi team, who probably would have gotten and deal very close to this if they had stuck it out a couple more years. Dream Alpha Dream. That's it, And you know, I'm curious to see the ones that the acquisitions that they're not making are also interesting because you know, what's it called the developers of Metroid dread.
Speaker 1: Right, the Mercury Steam.
Speaker 2: Mercury Steam not being brought in, and that's something that it feels like years ago, there was always the thing of people being like, oh, Microsoft should buy Moon Studios. Everyone associates the oil games with Moon Studios. And then as time went on, it became very clear why Microsoft might not want to buy Moon Studios. And I am kind of like, oh, I wonder if there's something like Bash in that case of if there's something in that pash of their portfolio, and they're kind of like, maybe let's not bring this in house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's you know, it's safe to assume that based on the reporting and the investigations that are happening into Mercury Steam in their country Spain. Right At the same time, you know, Nintendo doesn't acquire every soon one of these partners. There's many of these studios that were in Alpha Dream's position, that have been in that position for decades. Intelligence systems, you know, not Hudson, but how hell yes, hell things that have just been able to mostly be external or fully external and yet deep deep partners with Nintendo, and it's worked out well so far. Nintendo seems to pull the trigger on these acquisitions when it comes time to heck their business and make sure that they can continue doing things since they have been doing them. And again maybe the expansion comes because it's like, now we have more resources that we can allocate ourselves without having to go through any brief bureaucracy or deal making, and that's that's gonna be helpful. Mercury Steam that name, you know, just think of that name. That Ricury produces steam at like room temperature, right, Like, why would you name your company at Like, hey, we're Lukewarm Games. I don't know, it's I know.
Speaker 2: Did you did you play Blades a Fire?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lukewarm Games. I guess yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Did play Blades a File And that's kind of how I felt.
Speaker 1: All Right, we'll keep going here. Capcom is reportedly working on a new Dead Rising sequel starring Frank West. This is from Andy Robinson at VGC. Capcom is working on a new Dead Rising game. That's according to a new report from mp First, which VGC can partially corroperate via our own sources, which claims that an in development zombie action sequel will also see a return of original protagonist Frank West. The project in question won't be a remaster or remake, but a new main entry in the series, the publication claims. It's said that the new Dead Rising will see West head to Hollywood, with action primarily taking place within a massive, enclosed movie studio lot, where the game's main villain forces Frank and other survivors forces Frank and other survivors into various trials, all in pursuit of filming his perfect movie. The timing aligns with a recent remaster of the original Dead Rising game, which was released last year with improved visuals, revamped controls, and quality of life improvements. Vgc's Dead Rising Fluxury Master review called it, yeah, pretty good, the perfect set of our new sequel. Yeah, it does feel like Dead Rising is about to come back. I don't know why it's there in the air. It's probably that that remake came out and did pretty well and looked like Capcom gave it a good amount of love.
Speaker 2: You know what it is, It's the Xbox anniversary and there's nothing else to hit your wagon to Xbox not doing anything, so like Dead Rising getting its own remake the year before. People are like, oh yeah, I remember when I played this on my Xbox three sixty a console, I feel good about you know, yep, yep. So the timing's worked out for them exactly.
Speaker 1: It's and it's like it's so and it's one of those franchises that's well positioned for them to be like, we have an opportunity here with this anniversary and nostalgia probably hitting a little bit of a fever pitch. Maybe that's probably not going to be as much as it will be one day, but this is going to be a plateau for that where it's like, oh, people are going to get pretty excited about Xbox three sixty and they have the reliable franchises over at Capcom and they continue to look for what is the next one that can sit alongside Resident Evil and Street Fighter and Monster Hunter and you know, we have Dragon's Dogma two do very well, but that doesn't seem like that's going to be okay, And now we're going to get a new one of those every three to five years that's going to be in every so often kind of game. While that team maybe goes back and forth between Devil May Cry and Dragon Its Dogma Dead Rising could be the next one that they try that with to be like, hey, can we we did a remake or a remaster. I suppose let's get a new game and maybe we could start the process of treating that like a mini Resident Evil. I think they're trying to continue to grow by finding familiar things to latch onto, and Dead Rising feels really ripe for that. Maybe not as ripe as some things, like it's not going to do as well as Resident Evil, but I still think that there's a lot of people who really like Dead Rising and will show up for this. Do you think a new Dead Rising that apparently this will bring back the timing mechanic of you know, there's a running clock and when you die, you could sort of restart, kind of rogue lightish the Dead Rising, the first Dead Rising had that. Do you think that that is something that they can continue to work with in today's gaming landscape, maybe people are more used to that. And also bringing back Frank West. Does all that sound like a recipe for success?
Speaker 2: As someone who's friends with Scott McLay, who is the number one Dead Rising defect, this is this is what the people who like Dead Rising really really want. This is what the people who like that franchise really really want. I am looking at the Frank West wiki page, and do you remember when they made a movie of Dead Rising?
Speaker 1: Kind of yes? Who played him? Was it? I can't right who played him?
Speaker 2: It was the guy from A twenty one Jump Street who was the gym teacher.
Speaker 1: Uh now that's I'm gonna need more than wait, Okay, now I'm gonna have to look it at myself. Right, it was Rob Wriggle.
Speaker 2: That's right, Okay, Bob Wriggle, that's it.
Speaker 1: Yes, jeez, okay, that's that's kind of.
Speaker 2: A Listen it was. It's pretty inspired casting. Also, that movie looks like it was made for like forty bucks, so.
Speaker 1: In a Hamburger maybe? Yeah? Yeah, hey, listen. I I welcome Dead Rising to return, both as a game and a weird bad movie franchise. I'll take both. I think that the clock mechanic can work even better now. I think they will have learned a lot, and especially after just recently dabbling with the first game again through that remaster, they'll be like, Okay, here's what works and what doesn't. Here's how we can make it even better. And I think that this next one.
Speaker 2: Could really hit back When that first game came out, you couldn't even really describe it as a rogue like because that wasn't a genre that we use to describe games like that, Whereas now you can just be like, yeah, it's a roguelike. You know, you are trying to get your perfect run done or whatever, and you know, games like Death Loop have essentially made all of that stuff make sense in a way that people now understand what that genre is trying to be. So yeah, I would be way into this. I love weird Capcom. I always feel a bit weird about how Capcom treated Capcom Vancouver. That always felt like a pretty rough place to start for a lot of reasons.
Speaker 1: But I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm glad that this franchise is getting a second chance.
Speaker 1: Yep, same here. I also think that the idea of like making the perfect movies, something about combining the clock mechanic, like doing a run system with like stuntman, of like, oh, we're trying to get the perfect shot each time and getting better and better at that kind of running through those scenes. There's something there, So well, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: For Christmas, my brother got our parents Apple TV Plus and so we've been watching a little bit of stuff and we just started watching the studio with Seth Logan. Yeah, and they should just make that with zombies. They should just like have a film producer who's really fucking bad at all of this and is trying to make good movies but also wants to make a billion dollars ruin every single project he touches and winds up making. Mahunska says, you cry.
Speaker 1: I think that there's a good chance that it will be something along those lines. I'm looking forward to it for sure. This could show up at the Game Awards, right, we got there's a couple of stories here where that is going to come up. This is definitely one where I won't be surprised if we get into the Game Awards a trailer starts up, we go, hey, wait is Capcom is this and it turns out to be Dead Rising whatever the number or subtitle is going to be.
Speaker 2: It would be really good if they leaned into the bait and switch that they've been doing with Resident Evil, of like teasing that Resident Evil trailer is going to be out the show and then one more thing is dead vising that like show a zombie and then Frank West shows up. They should do that.
Speaker 1: Hi, it would Yeah, that's good stuff. That would be a lot of fun. I hope they do exactly that. All right, we're going to take a break. When we come back, plenty more headlines to get into. If you don't like the breaks, you can get an AD free version of this show. There's a video in an audio version that both don't have ads. You can get that on giant bomb dot com. What's the sites on frozen? I suppose in the meantime, we'll be right back. Jan. You taught me to overcome my fear of sharp objects. I want to teach you how to overcome your fear of saving money. No, I don't want to.
Speaker 3: I will only ever pay the manufactured suggested retail price.
Speaker 1: Stop. You don't have to live this way because now there's Deco Deals the double D. That's right. Deco Deals is the best way to find deals on any major gaming platform or store.
Speaker 3: I don't want no bunk, out of date coupon code grub.
Speaker 1: It's nothing like that. Deco Deals has both the hottest and the freshest deals, updated constantly. It's also just added Steam support with a super simple page to find bundles for steam code.
Speaker 3: Ooh, I just found the Missed and Riven Complete collection for eight dollars on Humble using Deco Deals right now.
Speaker 1: I also use Deco Deals to build and add and share wish list. You can even use it to keep track of your collection. You know what, I.
Speaker 3: Think we should all build some lists and host them on Deco deals dot com slash giant Bomb.
Speaker 1: And if listeners go to Deco deals dot com slash giant bomb, they can vote to make us play a game on the November twenty first episode of Unprofessional Fridays.
Speaker 3: Learn more at Deka deals dot com slash giant Bomb.
Speaker 1: Games Mornings are back, Lex Sluttie, Jeff Grubb. Let's get back into it. You just mentioned it. The Marvel Cosmic Invasion reviews are up. I have a bunch of reviews over here on Open Critic for the game has an eighty two. I've been playing a lot of this game. We should have a quick look up soon. You know. It should be up on YouTube and stuff here today, if not later this week it is. I think it's pretty good. I like it better than The Turtles Beat Them Up, which is the other game from Tribute. I think that they kind of expanded on the just the basic mechanics of combat and defense, where it feels like you have a few more options. You have a pairy, some characters have a shield, some characters have a dodge, and you can swap between them. It's, you know, a swap system. It is a beat them up that is very informed by Marvel versus Capcom. It feels like, hey, let's take that old X Men beat him up, combine it with some elements from Marvel versus capcom and modern modern day beat them ups, and it's a really solid formula. I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I don't think it lives up to like Streets of Age four or some of the other best ones in the genre. Apsolum is the beat them up of the moment still, but it's it's really solid, and it's a strong sort of follow up to anyone that's been like, hey, I wish they would do a new one of those X Men beat them ups, but with some modern sensibilities. Let's see. Will Borger at ign gave it a seven out of ten, says the stages and enemies aren't going to blow you away, but marvel Cosmic invasions tag team action still has the juice. Jason Finelli over at games Spot also gave it a seven. Exciting side scrolling action and a varied roster of heroes come together in a fun retro romp Nintendo Life. Tom Massey gave it an eight out of ten and said pure cartoon fun and all the better for it. Tribute Games has not only totally honored the source material, but delivered one of the best arcade Marvel games ever made. The aesthetic is beautiful, and the efforts involved in creating such a varied cast of beating them up protagonist is admirable. Yes, there are areas for improvement, and some of its combat feedback oversights feel like missed opportunities. But if you primarily want multiplayer action to unlock and grind and level up your cast and get to knee deep and get knee deep in Marvel Mayhem, it's right on the money. I've a My sister in law is a huge Marvel fan, has always been a massive comic collection, just as I always loved the characters. She was over for Thanksgiving we played some of this and it was it was a big hit with her. She got to play a storm who's her favorite character, and it was. It was a good time just sort of hanging out and seeing this real briefly before they had to head home.
Speaker 2: This might be a bit of a source subject, but is Clops in this game?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I just have brought it up that he is not, although I would. I'll say just the fact that it has this two player tag system, and it has a roster that is not massive. It feels like it is primed for a lot of characters to get added. That's been a trend here for being him ups recently, where it's like the roster just keeps growing. If you go back and check on S three three h four now and you unlock everything, that roster's massive. So I expect him to keep adding characters and boys like Cyclops would hit hard in this game. I think he would be a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: I meant to ask, when you've been playing Absolom, have you been using the A bit Doh six bone controller, because I would recommend whipping that out. It feels good.
Speaker 1: I just I just found it, and so I'm going to be doing exactly. I got the Genesis one basically the yeah thirty or whatever. I also have a newer one that I got. Also, that's sitting over there. I'm gonna try those. You were the one that recommended that to me. Initially, I was ill that.
Speaker 2: I was really excited when I got back from Japan and I had bought that six po Genesis controller at the Nintendo store and then I like plugged it in, and Nintendo, for whatever reason, they let you remap buttons on any controller that you plug in, except for the Classic controllers.
Speaker 1: It's weird, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Just like, why now I can't. And there's so many games that almost work, that are almost perfect, and I'm like, if I could just swap like two buttons, this would be incredible. And Nindetda's like, actually, what about.
Speaker 1: No, it's a Nintendo all right, let's keep going here. Metal Gears producer says he's undecided on future remix. Metal Gear Salad four would be quote a real challenge. This is from Andy Robinson f VGC. Metal Gear Salad series producer Noriaki Akimura has claimed that Konami is undecided on whether it will create future or further series remix in the future. Following the release of Metal Gear Salad Delta. Speaking to Japanese publication Real Sound. Akimura was asked what kind of titles we'll see from the middle Gear Solid series in the future, aside from the recently discussed middle Gear Solid Master Collection Volume two. Akimura claimed that Konami was still at the decision stage for what to do with next with Metal Gear, and that future titles could come in the form of more remakes or something else. Right now, we're still in the stage of thinking about what to make next, he said via machine translation. Since Meddle Gear has given us a chance to reach a new audience, I'd like to keep building on that momentum. That said, the actual content of what we'll make is still undecided. It could be another remake, or we might take on something entirely new. Gear Solid. The middle Gear series is Partik's practically a history of video games in itself, ranging from pixel art to film like presentation, so the best way to remake or reinterpret reinterpret each title differs greatly, he continued. We have no intention of simply applying the same methodology we use for Medal Gear Solid Delta to every game. We want to determine the most suitable approach for each game. Many of the original staff had left and the team had been restructured, so we had to gather new people to finally get middle Gear Solid Delta made as a team. More confident that we that we managed to preserve the appeal of the past titles while achieving a level of quality that modern players can enjoy. And then he goes on to say middle Gear Solid For would be particularly challenging. The hardware at that time required some very unusual designs to get three D performance out of the technology available, and middle Gear Solid Force code ended up being quite unconventional as well. Bringing it over today seems like it would be a real challenge. Uh, yeah, we'll we'll see. First of all, yes, Chance.
Speaker 2: Says talk about yea. Even in machine translation, you can kind of tell him being like, how do I say this without like saying it's a fucking nightmare to make something for the PS three and Kojima's programming was even more of a nightmare exactly.
Speaker 1: Uh, look, middle Gear Solid the Collection Volume two is still coming. Metal Gear Solid For is certain going to be a part of that. There's no reason. I'm not say there's no reason. There's the PSP games and stuff. It'd be weird to do that. Without Metal Gear Solid four, So I am assuming and I think they might have said publicly that they're metal Gear Solid for is a part of it. Metal Gear Solid four will be like the Marquee game there. If people could just play that thing again, they'll be happy. I don't know if a remake is something that they need to rush to do for that game. If I were them, I would get maybe a little bit more creative and go back to like Metal Gear one and think about like remaking that as a modern three D game. But maybe it's too soon for that. What do you think is going to happen here?
Speaker 2: So cue me out? People are always going to be mad if they touch any of Kojimas games. Yes, so what metal Gear game didn't have Kojima's involvement but has also knock gotten any love over recent years. Metal Gear two, Snake's Revenge for the nes. We need to see Hia Lola Kakamaimi make his return.
Speaker 1: It's time. It's absolutely time. Yeah, I think something like that is in the cards they'll probably do. I think they'll probably do Medical Gear Solid two next, actually maybe even go back to one and do one again. But we'll see Delta seems like it did well enough to justify them continuing down this process, right, I think yeah.
Speaker 2: I think they said in their earnings call that it did under sell and that they were looking at that as they put that down to it being what they described as a remake and not a remaster. They were like, we didn't change enough. Basically it felt too old, which I think is the long lesson to take from that. But he ho, because I think that that game's at its best when it does feel kind of old. And so if they do go back to one of the next one of the other games, it will probably be the first metal Gear because that's the one they kind of will have the most license to change things with, you know, whether that be mel Gear you know, the computer game metal Gear, or whether that be metal Gear Solid one. Both of those games they would have a lot more license when it comes to updating because there's so much of them that would just have to be built from the ground up. If you're bringing Melgia Solid two to modern platforms, people kind of just want a high rise Melgia Solid too. That's all they want. They don't want you changing gameplay, they don't want you updating things anymore. So, Yeah, I'd say either Meho Gear the computer game or Metal Gear Solid and the PlayStation game are the two likely candidates.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We do have to be careful though, if we if we say remake Mental Gear Solid one again, Dennis Dyak will show up and oh God, like the Candy Man, you gotta be careful with that.
Speaker 2: Put down an eternal Socenarto or whatever he's working on.
Speaker 1: He's working on the nude chop on RPG. I can't wait to see that. Hell yeah, all right, let's keep going here.
Speaker 2: Dead Sonata that's his game, that's all him.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah. If you go on to the Dead House Sonata website currently they have a bunch of like audio books that have a bunch of AI voiceover on them, so, you know, just an update on how that's going.
Speaker 1: Woo, all right the other double d Okay, let's keep going here. Sorry to associate those two. Hollow Night. Hollow Night Silksong creators confirmed DLC is coming. This is from Blair Marnell at game Spot. After spending seven years working on Hollow Night, Silk Song, Team Cherry's Hollow Night follow up is one of the most successful games of twenty twenty five as an encore. Team Cherry is confirmed that there will be DLC released for Silk Song, just don't expect it too soon. I don't really know what else people would necessarily want to hear, other than that we're already than what we're already saying. Team Cherry co founder Ari Gibson told Bloomberg, Yes, we're continuing to work on the game. We're pursuing things that the things that excite us. I think what people might want to hear it there will be new stuff coming in a reasonable timeframe and not seven years from now. They also kind of like talk a little bit in this interview and I think elsewhere that they're not necessarily thinking about jumping to a Hollow Night three anytime soon like that will. It's probably not gonna be what's next when they get done with this DLC. First of all, that game is already massive. I would personally like in a vacuum, if you just hand me that game, I'd be like, there is no way DLC is coming for this thing. It already feels like it has its DLC implemented in here. It's so it's so huge, very cool that we're getting DLC I love that game, love a reason to go back. But after this, like, yeah, team Cherry probably will try something new. Is that what you want from them, or you'd like just stick to Hollow Night.
Speaker 2: I'd be kind of disappointed if they didn't try something new. I think, you know, as someone who isn't the biggest Hollow Night fan, like I appreciate those games. I've played a lot of those games. Just the Metroid genre in general isn't my favorite, and I've kind of talked about that in the past, but like, I would love to see them try their hand at other genres, other types of things.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, they could try some different stuff next time around. And I don't think that they're gonna need to make the next thing something that is required to pay the bills, as long as they don't try to expand like crazy. I think they've probably learned that the kinds of games that they're making what they really need. And I don't know who knows what they're thinking, but for the most part, I think if they just sort of tried some stuff and then went back to Hollow Night ten years from now, although the first this sequel took seven years to make, so maybe that's not enough time. I don't know either way. I'm excited for the idea of them trying something else and these two games can be the stuff that I can go back to forever because they're so good.
Speaker 2: They'll probably release Spoon Heaven at some point.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Look, we're still in litigation, We're still talking. My people are talking to their people. I don't know, it's there was a big debate on who came up with that first.
Speaker 2: But how many times do you think anyone a Team Cherry has seen the phrase spoon Heaven and gone what the fuck is that? I'm gonna go with this.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say it's like three times, Like, yeah, mostly I think they're like keeping their head down and they're able to ignore idiots like us. Uh. And then a couple of times like why are the people calling its spoon Heaven.
Speaker 2: I know that they like to go to packs and stuff like that, and there's a packs in Australia, So next packs Australia. Any give bomb fans wear that Spoon Heaven T shirt?
Speaker 1: Spoon having shirts?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just confuse the fuck out of Team Chevy guy.
Speaker 1: I should like save up money and just buy a bunch of those shirts. Myself and hand them out to everyone before the panel and make them all wear it. Uh, all right, let's keep going here. The gable Wards talked about that a little bit Ago is hyping up a satanic statue that randomly appeared in the desert. This is from Claire Jackson at Kotaku. I may be born and raised in this fine city of New York, but oh do I love the desert. Strange and unexplainable stuff happens out there, what with the aliens and all over the weekend, Jeff Keiey posted his most cryptic teaser yet for the upcoming Game Words show on December eleventh, featuring an image of a creepy looking stone statue of skeletons in the middle of the desert. Folks were quick to realize that that Akilli's caption real Dot Inspiring do Dot Thickness was actually an address using the what three words geocode service. It uses randomized words to quickly pinpoint virtually any location on the surface of the planet. Those three words took Internet sluice to a location in the Mojave Desert where there's presently a wild looking statue. People were actually able to find this thing. You can see it at night, it's all lit up. People thought, hey, it's is this the new God of War? That two point five d metro a venue God of War? Is this something? Is this the new NBA jam? That was my thought? Is this Diablo? And it seems like it's probably an expansion for Diablo for and I know you're just thrilled.
Speaker 2: I you know, it could also just be that Killi has decided to finally open up the star Yeah, his hell dimension. You know, sure people people have been giving out that there's not enough seizing womb for developers at the Game Awards, and his solution is just to let them sit in the ninth circle of Hell.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is where the future class is going to go. Now they can, yeah, just throw into the hell mouth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. This seems like, yeah, sure, Diablo has the money for stunt like this. This also seems like we look at it and I go, huh, I don't care. Okay, there's another Diablo expansion. I'm shocked, and it's hellish. It's what.
Speaker 1: They used to say these statues to their partners like net ease, and then net Ease destroyed them all with hammers. And stuff, So I gotta let's just make them for ourselves and put them in the desert.
Speaker 2: We just can't bring that home and put in his backyard when he's done.
Speaker 1: You know what, let's get to this the next story, because this is also something that could show up at the Game Awards. A trademark for Control Resonant appears to have been filed by Remedy. This is from Chris Scully in at VGC. A new trademark related to control appears to have been filed by Remedy Entertainment, as spotted by mp first. The trademark was filed on Thursday and is before the name Control Resonant. Although the world word control could be trademarked for any number of things, this particular trademark was filed under the typical categories. Most video game related trademarks are filed under. You know, the trademark is something that can happen at any point in the development process or the announcement or marketing plan. I do think usually it does happen before the first public mention. I think this thing's probably going to show up at the Game Awards. Feels like that's been in the air. People like a lot of times when we're going into various events, the new control comes up frequently. I think they've had probably enough time to have some thing to show, even if that game is still a little bit over ways off. I don't know, what, do you think.
Speaker 2: I would love it to be a new control because that was one of my game of the years the year came out, and also like several years after when I replayed it, and you know, Alan Wake two is I think that Studio's best game. I would love to see. Every time Remedy releases a game, it feels like they have learned so much from their previous game, and it's really exciting because every time a new game comes out, I'm like, oh man, they have addressed the things that people didn't like about the previous thing that they did, or they have figured something out. Firebreak being a example that kind of like proves the rule in a lot or an exception that proves the rule because it's so out of the wheelhouse of what you would expect from them. But yeah, I'm almost kind of surprised if this is coming before the Max Pain remakes. But also I'm curious how much Remedy is making those Max Pain remakes because it is a partnership with rock Star.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they're involved, but right that they're a very busy studio that is probably something like sort of a producer is involved in working with a team externally or over at rock Star. They probably hired someone either way. Yeah, this feels like the kind of thing that would show up at the Game Awards that that team, Remedy does seem to have a pretty good relationship with Keeley now, especially after being nominated for some of the recent games Alan Wick two and so that got them up on stage a bunch of times, and that's I bet that helped them at a game that was struggling due to the fact that it wasn't on Steam. I bet that gave them quite a boost. I think they're happy to be involved with the Game Awards, so when they have something, would not be shocked for them to bring it here and be like, let's just announce it at this thing that has You know, this is one of the most watched gaming events of the year every year, but I will say millions of people watch.
Speaker 2: That musical number is probably the last time I felt good about the Game Awards, and the best I ever felt I've ever felt about it because I was like, Oh, this is the right tone to be hitting this, This is the right thing.
Speaker 1: Why you do this, yes, other than to sell us stuff like this is the real reason you should be doing this thing is be like, let weird video game people celebrate their weird video game stuff in a really cool and fun way.
Speaker 2: And from what I heard, it did a really good job of getting people to like, who didn't know what the game was actually go seek out the game because it was so out of left field and it was so weird. And they start getting these awards and then they were like, what the fuck is this musical number? So yeah, that game has a pretty strong chance of showing up somewhere like a Game Awards if it was to show up.
Speaker 1: Soon, all right. Epic CEO Tim Sweeney says Steam should drop it's made with AI tags. This is from Dominic Preston at The Verge. Basically that the story is the headline there. Someone on Twitter was like, Hey, the AI tag is like is irrelevant now?
Speaker 2: It's racist club It's right, it's.
Speaker 1: Racist to the AIS. And then Tim Sweeney, popping out of his tree, was like, oh, the AI tag is relevant to art exhibits for authorship disclosure, and to digital content licensing marketplaces where buyers need to understand the right situation. It makes no sense for game stores, where AI will be involved in nearly all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because games aren't either of those things.
Speaker 1: Tim also just like, why do you care? Yeah? Why? Why is this something we need to hide?
Speaker 2: I said it on Blue Sky and it kind of comes from a conversation that we had on the show the last time I was on a little bit with the Steam and gave Newle stuff of like, boy guys like Tim Sweeney, should you love a free and independent market that's well informed as long as they're not too free, too independent, or too well informed?
Speaker 1: Exactly right. It's like like labeling just simply hurts no one except for bad actors. Right, Like I bought a water. Let me check the ingredients, which is fucking listed here? Water? Who's hurt here? Well? How does the most obvious fucking thing in the world that this water's main ingredient is water? And everyone's going about their day. No one's losing their Tim Sweeny's not fucking tweeting about this. He's not being a weirdo about this. It's just AI that we need to hide. So what's going on? What's the purple is it? What does it serve not to disclose that it's AI? And the only things I can think of is you want to get away with as much as possible and not have an informed consumer base. He's getting a lot of shit for this, but I mean bad news. Everybody. Tim Sweeney incapable of shame and capable of of like learning from being publicly humiliated.
Speaker 2: So money does not help Erson.
Speaker 1: Weirdly enough, he's only going to harden his position after this, unfortunately, So uh, here we go.
Speaker 2: But hey, good news. I've heard really exciting things about the next season A Fortnight and what it's collaborating with. So everyone's gonna feel way better about epic after that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and yep, just again shameless. They'll just partner with anyone and and he'll come out and tell he'll be proud of it. He'll fucking oh yeah, he'll retweet her. It's gonna be a nightmare, all right. Last story here, Bayonetta actor Hale says she'd return despite online hate storm. This is from Andy Robinson at VGC new Bayonetta voice actor Jennifer Hale says she loved to voice the character again, despite the storm surrounding the events around her hiring. In twenty twenty two, longtime Bayonetta voice actor Helena Taylor called on fans to boycott the Bayonette Bannetta three ahead of its release after she was replaced in her role as the lead in the third game by veteran actor Hale. And a series of video messages, Taylor criticized developer Platinum Games and publisher Nintendo for allegedly offering her just four thousand dollars to return for Benetta three, a claim denied by Platinum vice president Hidecki Camilla. Uh Serious creator Camilla later it locked his social media accounts after he said he was flooded with messages. I just called them messages, but they were hate posts, just tons of verbal abuse pouring in, he said later. New actor Hale released a statement at the time attempting to address the situation, but she also got a lot of hate. Yeah, I think that it's I was fine with Hale in the end. This was this seemed like a very messy situation. I remember it being like pretty black and white, and then obviously it was like, oh, there's more shades to this, but also I wouldn't be surprised to hear this industry mistreated voice talent. That's something that's famous for doing. So either way, I don't even know if we're getting another bay and Netta at this point though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's thine of the big thing that I was thinking was like, this is a kind of big leap to make of, Like, oh, if they're making another Bayonetta, that's a big if. Like I don't think that's that's on anyone's plate right now, especially Camilla who is up running Clovers now. Like Clovers has a very set focus of what it's going to be working on, Like, right they are partnering with Capcom, you know they if Okami does well, I am sure Capcom has other things that they would like hideki Kmia's studio to work on that would follow on from some of the other like fifty influential games that he made. God hand Too is more likely than Bayonesha four at this point, unless Nintendo were to be like, we really want Bayonesha four. But I don't think Nintendo are feeling that right now because they have a new eighteens plus game that they can hang their hat on for their mature Rasia games and that's the Dusk Bloods, So I don't think Nintendo are going to be the one spearheading this either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like trying to I'm still trying to remember, like how all the right situation partses aut Sega owns the IP, Nintendo owns publish rights for two and three, that that relationship would if they were to do a four would probably be pretty similar because I don't think Sega's interested in making a four by themselves, and Nintendo is not going to go buy the rights, so they could work with anyone. You're right, they could like work with Clovers and get Capcom involved. That seems like a headache in it in itself to get all three of those companies working together and have a big enough pie to justify it, because band out of fourg just wouldn't be that big of a pie. It would do fun.
Speaker 2: Just make God on to you fucking cowards.
Speaker 1: I think that's the answer. That's clearly the answer. All right, that does it for the headlines. Let's get on and start wrapping up the show. As always, there was no poll question from last week, and if there was, I don't remember it. Because it was before Thanksgiving. If there was, I'll catch up on it on tomorrow's.
Speaker 2: Wasn't you caught yourself and you were like, let's not do one.
Speaker 1: Thank you yes, because it was gonna be a massive break. Here we are on the other side of it, and I can't remember anything as predicted. We did not do a bomb twelve on the show, but there was a bomb twelve. I posted the blog post over the weekend. You can go find that. I think it's the last thing that got posted on the website before the freeze, so you could check that out. Still it is the should have a link to the new bomb twelve so you can start filling that out for this week's episode, so Friday when we wrap that up. In the meantime though, I think we can probably start saying goodbye Lex Luddy, Where can people find you on the internet? What do you have going on? And all that good stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so super busy the next little while. The Start Menu Winter Spectacular has just kicked off again. We had our first guest piece. There will be new guest pieces going up on startmanu dot co dot uk every single day this month, and we have some really cool guests lined up. We have some really cool pieces lined up, and so yeah, go start check out start menu. You can find me at lexiluody dot x y Z on Blue Sky. I am currently working on a thing in the background that I don't think we've talked about publicly yet, so I won't say it, but that will be a cool thing. And I'm learning a list for this website which will be fun.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we could talk about it. You're gonna be editing in the lists, is that what you're referring to. Yeah, yeah, so we're gon we're gonna do the Game of the Year lists again this year. Everybody guests are going to contribute as always, thanks to everybody who just comes through. And because we don't pay for these guests lists, there's just so many. It's kind of like, let's just do this fun thing for the holiday. So thanks everyone who gives us their time and does that. But let'sy's gonna be helping us. We are going to be paying it for this to edit those lists and make sure that they look good and are formatted well. Of course, Marino's also helping with that. He's going to be getting anything into the back end for you. And then yeah, so thanks for helping us out with that. We're looking forward.
Speaker 2: And I was saying to Jam before you jumped in the call, because I'm anal and this is my brain and I have an editor's brain. I've been putting together a Giant Bomb style guide. Hell yeah for stuff going forward. If people want to know how to lighth things.
Speaker 1: We are gonna start posting those closer to Christmas time. Everybody's still look out for that stuff. Then, okay, so new poll question.
Speaker 2: What also, what did you say about Marino putting stuff into my back end?
Speaker 1: You know, hey, that but that's just what it is. I'm sorry. If everyone's not as technical as I am, that's just what it's called. I'm sorry, Chuck, Chuck, he's too busy to hr. You're all doomed. You're all fucked. Now, what do you want from the Hollow Night devs? After Silksong d I'll see Hollow Night three or something new. We'll see. We'll get the poll results to talk about that on Wednesday here on Game This Mornings here on Giant Bomb, speaking a Giant Bomb. Mike's on vacation. I think he's always on vacation, but he's definitely on vacation this week. He's out of Disney. Uh So no Monday Evening gamings at Mike's at night and no Monday Morning's missed with Mitche and this guy. But we will probably have some other stuff popping off. There will be some reviews on the site this week. There will be some quick looks, I should say. Uh, I think, like I said, the Marvel Cosmic Invasion quick looks should be going up it sometime soon, so check that out. Plenty of other fun stuff happening this week. The BombCast will be tomorrow. Tune in for all of that. Looking forward to having a strong week back from Thanksgiving break.
Speaker 2: Metroid out again or what days?
Speaker 1: That's December fourth. It's out this week, so really Wednesday night, Wednesday night, Metroid.
Speaker 2: Fine four is out this week. That's weird A.
Speaker 1: I played it again at Walmart. I was at Walmart just for groceries and I went over there and I'll play through the demo again.
Speaker 2: John says in the chot check out the vlogs. The vlogs are lovely, They're great.
Speaker 1: Both blogs they're Yeah, they're they're fantastic, great work. Jan Uh. Yeah, that's that's the vibe. We want to keep going for everybody. So if you like that stuff again, gianbum dot com slash joined. Oh.
Speaker 2: John wasn't happy with my idea that you should have ended one of them with Lincoln Park. She said, this isn't a Transformers movie, which I think explains a lot about why you still don't have your emmy.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, honestly, you're you're right to call them out. Jan Everything we do should be a Transformers movie. Let's get it right. Hey, a secret Deecer Deals was sponsored us in November. You know, I know, ad for you and all that stuff. Just real quick. We just went a little bit extra because stay suber Monday. Go check them out, like that's the way to go. Find all the deals real quick if you want to get the most out of your money. All right, let's get out of here. Lex Luddie, thank you so much for hanging out with me today and talking about video games. I really appreciate it. Always a pleasure, Glove, Thank you all for watching and listening. You are the best audience in gaming. Until next time, have a good one, take care of yourself and goodbye.