Speaker 1: By Billy Cunningham, the Great America, and welcome this Thursday afternoon in the tri State, and of course many are traveling thither and fro. The gasoline prices at are all time low. This morning, the employment number was unbelievable. Donald Trump has broken four consecutive months. The expectations inflations on was non existent. Gasoline. I'm get gasoline now for about two dollars and eighty five cents a gallon. And the economy is great. Things are looking well on the southern border. The illegal crossings are non existent. Donald Trump is the peacemaker between the Congo and Rwanda, also between India and Pakistan. Also, what going on in Iran right now is incredible because of the leadership of Donald Trump and more. But until then, of course, Congressman Warren Davidson is with us now to talk about what's happening as we speak. And Congressmen, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham showing first of all, I'm one of those weird guys that was up at about three point fifteen and am this morning. So they vote was taken to proceed to the vote, and I guess there's a role in the House that says, you can speak unlimited, and it looks like it came. Jefferies has succeeded the role. It's unlimited. He's exceeded it. So can you tell the American people what's happening as we speak right now?
Speaker 2: Well, the House came back into session to vote on the Big Beautiful Bill, and we had voted on it back in May, but the Senate changed it, so it really doesn't have a way to the President until we vote on the same version. So the House was voting essentially on the Senate's version that passed earlier in the week. And not everyone gets unlimited time. The leader of each party gets what's known as a magic minute, and they're recognized for one minute, but it's never a minute. You know, they can speak as long as they hold the floor. And last Congress, or the last time Republicans were in the minority, Kevin McCarthy, I think on the American Rescue Plan or the Inflation Reduction Act one, he spoke for about eight and a half hours, and so I think at one twenty six Keem Jeffries will blow past that record and hold the longest for speech. So I think that's what he's going for and you know, who knows how much longer after that he'll go, but I think he's likely to go until at least roughly one point thirty.
Speaker 1: Well, activity is not the same as productivity, So there's lots of activity, but no productivity. How did Congressman Warren Davidson go from a no to a yes? It was you, And of course Thomas Massey was a no. Now you're going to be a yes? Explains your explain your position?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, Beck, in May, there was still time to make progress. And I had hoped and frankly worked with a number of senators to make this a better bill. And you know, they made a great effort at making you a better bill. They did make some progress. I mean, if you look at people are like, what is salt salt state and local tax deductions. So most everyone, you know, if you're doing itemized deductions, ends up paying more than ten thousand dollars in state and local taxes, property taxes, income taxes, all that stuff, and you know at your state or local level. And so they settled on ten thousand dollars as a cap. Last time we did the tax bill in twenty seventeen. Well, the high tax states like New York and California. They wanted to be They wanted it to be unlimited, and they negotiated to get it to be forty thousand dollars. But what the Senate did is they put an income cap on it. So instead of it costing about three hundred and fifty billion dollars to do this through twenty twenty eight, which is essentially a gift of three hundred and fifty billion dollars to blue amnesty states. It's a terrible deal. Shouldn't be in there at all, but unfortunately it is. But the Senate took it down to about two hundred billion, so we said about one hundred fifty billion dollars there. They had an AI surveillance expansion bill in there portion in the bill we got rid of that. They did do a little more aggressive reform on Medicaid. A lot of the rest of this stuff got work, honestly, but then you're like, well then why vote for it, and frank, it isn't great on deficits. It doesn't you know, in the long run, it does do better things if if you stayed with current policy, but no one ever does so, even with the even with high tariffs. Even with huge growth rates and even with very low interest rates, which I think is kind of unlikely, you still have bigger deficits under the big beautiful bill the entire Trump presidency. So that's hard to take. I mean, I said, I don't like that portion, and unfortunately we didn't get it better. But as I looked at the momentum, we run into the debt limit, we need to borrow more money to keep running the country by mid July. And you look at the momentum in the Senate and talk with senators over there and just talk with our own conference and know where the votes are. There's not really a path to make it better. So you know, at the end of the day, you know, if you're going to get something done, you could either you know, vote for the status quo, or you can vote for an imperfect bill that at least changes it in the right direction. So I think this moves in the right direction on a lot of policy, and it gives us the reason to come back and try again on another reconciliation bill.
Speaker 1: Congressman on the Medicaid front headlines constantly, one trillion dollar cut in Medicaid. We're being told relentlessly by the media. If you pay attention to the media, the mainstream media, all you hear about are the cuts, the cuts of the cuts and the cuts. In the last four years. Medicaid spending has gone up about fifty percent in the last four years, which is about twelve percent a year, as I understand it, Correct me if I'm wrong. It is perceived that medicaid spending will go up about six percent, go up six percent instead of going up ten to twelve percent now by correct of my numbers. And is that a cut? If you spend six percent more, is that a cut?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean characterizing any of it as a cut is really dishonest. I mean, we're going after fraud, waste, and abuse. You spend about nine hundred billion dollars a year on Medicaid, and the number that they throw out there, it's cutting by a trillion, is It's like, it cuts it by about you know, one hundred billion dollars a year, So ten times one hundred billion is a trillion, right, So they count these ten year scores, and what's quote getting cut? Well, you know, everyone I know would help a friend or need, not necessarily everyone, but you have somebody that you would help in need. But at some point you would say, well, you're going to if they're able bodied, work in age, don't have kids at home, you would say, well, you're going to get a job right, or go to school or do something productive. And you know, somehow Democrats act like it's mean if the government expects the same thing that every single person I know, regardless of their political ealogy, would do for their own family members. And so that's really you know, Bill Clinton and Nuke Gingrich did work requirements back in the nineties, but it's become superpartisan and that's hard to understand. But the even harder thing to understand is they're like, well, you're you know, you're kicking illegals off of Medicaid. Well, they're not supposed to be on medicaid in the first place. So states like California, in New York and you know, Illinois, they're working these loopholes to give medicaid to illegals. Everybody that shows up, they want to say, oh, yeah, healthcare is are right, Well, your neighbor's money is never your right. So and so that's the that's the challenge there. So we're kicking illegals off and we're kicking working age eighteen to sixty two adults with no kids at home off Medicaid, and that's the only people that are losing Medicaid. They're like, oh, well, this disabled kid, well you know that's not going to change. If you're an American with this disease, that's not going to change.
Speaker 1: If you're an American on Medicaid, you're actually an American and you're receiving medicaid.
Speaker 2: Is anything going to change only if you're like an able bodied eighteen to sixty two year old who isn't working or going to school or volunteering somewhere or in a rehab program. So like, if you're perfectly healthy and you're just not working, but you want to keep getting your neighbor's money for healthcare or food stamps, well now you got to go to work eventually.
Speaker 1: So the cuts in medicaid are two individuals that are illegally getting it, or able bodied adults that refuse to get off their mother's couch in the basement and actually work, go to school, or donate at time. And there are no cuts to Medicaid for Americans. But that message garbage in, garbage out. If all you hear from ABCNBCCBS, New York Times, Washington Boast. All you hear is cut, cut, cut, And then a poll is taken. Do you like cuts to medicaid? The garbage in, garbage out? The answer is going to be, well, guess what, I'm against that. But in reality it's not happening. But the truth has a hard time getting its pants on before lies can circle the globe, and so the lies circulate and the truths not getting out.
Speaker 2: That's ease, and the media works. The controlled media is out there. They're not just sitting by idly. They're actively selling the lie. They're doing everything they can to deceive the American people. And that's you know, it's just so dishonest. I mean, we need a free press in the country, but we get this controlled opposition that's got a huge megaphone. And you know, thank goodness for outlets like you guys and seven WLW, and you know platforms like x and Twitter where the truth can get out all right.
Speaker 1: Now, Secondly, the road not taken. Let's say King Jefferies at some point or caught flapping his jaws. You know, activity is not the same as productivity. And let's say he stops talking at some point later today, tomorrow, god knows when the media loves this kind of stuff, as if that this kind of behavior has a measurable impact. Number one, is the BBB actually going to pass sometime today or tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Are the votes there? We believe? So, I mean, you don't know until you vote. But right now, everybody thinks that it's going to pass. I have it checked with Thomas. I don't know if he's gone from no to yes. For sure. There's at least one or two other people that I think are considering voting no. But you know, we can lose four and it still passes. So I think I think we're very likely to see Built the Big Beautiful Bill pass the House today in President Trump's planning to sign it tomorrow on July fourth. As he asked.
Speaker 1: Congressman, what if it doesn't happen, talk about the impact on wag journers, the butchers, the bakers, the candlestick makers if it doesn't pass. I would also note, as you and I know, I think American people a few note some don't. The top one percent pay forty percent of the taxes, the top five percent pay seventy percent, and about fifty percent of the American people that work pay zero income tax. So when the media runs these scrawls about if you make five hundred thousand dollars a year, you get a tax cut, the fact of the matter is that those who pay taxes will get a tax cut, and those who don't pay taxes won't get a tax cut because they don't They don't pay taxes anyway. And when you take away taxes on tips in overtime, that's even fewer people under the fifty percent tle they're gonna pay any federal income tax. I know, the top one percent pay forty, the top five percent pay seventy. So when it's across the board tax cuts, those who pay the most will get the most tax cuts because they pay the most anyway. What if it doesn't pass? What happened to the average middle class American? If if this doesn't pass sometime today or tomorrow and the new tax rates kick in in January, what happens then?
Speaker 2: Well, here's the most immediate thing, is isn't the tax thing? I mean, we run out of the borrowing capacity. So by mid July or early August, we would run out of borrowing capacity, and we could we could risk the faulding on our day. And I mean that's the thing that we're worried about here. You know, as you talk about big spending and growing death sits and having more or debt. If you if you keep you know, spending more money than you bring in, you get to borrow a lot. I mean, we're borrowing a ton of money. And that is the most immediate That is the real deadline. Donald Trump once July fourth, But we have to do something about the debt limit. And a lot of people are like, well, how do you how do you raise the debt limit? Well, if we don't, there's no path to a balance budget quick. I mean, and just be clear, this doesn't just there's no plan out there that has been taken seriously that balances the budget faster than about ten years, because you got to you know, ease into it would be pretty dramatic. I mean, you could go, I've seen an aggressive plan that you know, maybe you could get by doing it in seven years, but you're gonna have to borrow money. You have to raise the debt limit, you know, for that kind of timeframe. So the debtlimit increase here gets the debt limit out past Donald Trump's presidency, so he doesn't have to deal with it and you know the rest of his presidential term, and we are going to not have a balanced budget the entire time Donald Trump's president and well into whoever the next president is, even if we start taking aggressive action. So that's the most immediate thing. The other thing is, look, the tax rates are are aren't going to go lower for a lot of people. They would go up if we don't change the law by January. And so I think, no matter what, we would at some point. But either way, we got to do something to prevent a tax increase. Right. And then there's people that there's people that are supposed to get a tax cut, and who are those people? They say, oh, you know, millionaires and billionaires. That's the whole narrative, and the media is sawing that line. The status quo is just locked in with this bill. The new taxes are going to people that get tips, waitresses, service industry people on cash tips. It's going to people that work overtime, so you don't have to pay tax on the overtime hours. I think about the Oliver Anthony song, you know, North of Richmond ain't crap and and it's tax to no end. And you know, working overtime hours for BSPA, And there's a lot of great lines in that song. I love the music. And you know you're thinking about the overtime hours. You're spending more time away for your family. You're pouring it in to keep the company going until you get through this surge or whatever with the overtime and you're making time and a half, sometimes double time whatever, but you're paying a lot of tax on that. So this gets rid of that, and it's a it's an incentive to surge and grow the economy. Uh and and so work the overtime and I think that'll change productivity in the country, which is what it's designed to do. So those are those aren't millionaires and billionaires working overtime hours. I mean, you know on an hourly basis, right, they're not. They're not collecting cash tips in the service industry. So those are the people that wouldn't get a tax break. And the other people is senior citizens. I mean, there's a four thousand dollars credit for Social Security recipients and you know the reason you and just exempt them is some people are making tons of money off real estate or whatever their other income is, so you didn't just exempt them from the income tax. But most people on their pure Social Security pay, I think over ninety percent their pure Social Security pay is going to be completely eliminated by a four thousand dollars credit if that was their only income.
Speaker 1: Well, the thing is, Congressman, that truth is casually when the media opens its mouth and well, I don't think Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos are working for tips. I don't think they care much about overtime pay. I don't think they care much fucking in and out, I'm not sure. But the whole media focuses on billionaires and millionaires. But if you're a tipped person, or if you're working overtime, how many cops and firefighters and bartenders and bar backs and those in the service industry really get overtime time away from family and friends and fund because they need more money. So if you work and you get tips, if you work and you look forward to overtime, if you get Social Security, this bill is for you.
Speaker 2: Is that the way the media pictures it is? That is? Does that what I hear from the media, Well, that's why we got to have one US free press like you guys. But but yeah, that's the mainstream controlled media is out there selling the lie that it's millionaires and billionaires and and and you know these guys aren't clocking in. You know, they're not on the clock working overtime hours, right, So you know that's the consequence. I mean, there's a lot of good things in here. And you know the other thing is, look, this border security is going great, but we got to get the illegals out of the country. Yeah, and they need they need money. They need money to do it, and this bill provides the money. Uh and uh and then you know, we got the wins in the court. Now we just need to get the momentum out there and uh, you get the people that came in illegally out and uh and then we'll have the momentum to really do reforms. Uh. So I think it until we get all that done, there's really no path or reform anything.
Speaker 1: Lastly, about a minute remaining, Congressman Warren Davidson, I look again at the rebellion of the Neo Confederacy, which has risen its ugly head again by the Democrats. We spent about one hundred years fighting them resulting in the Civil War. About five hundred thousand, six hundred thousand my countrymen were killed because the Democrats will not comply with federal law. Here we are at another time, another place. Democrats are not complying with federal law. They ignore it. Whether it's Illinois, New York, the city of Cincinnati's a sanctuary city, California, et cetera. What would you say to those neo Confederates who now again went to violate federal law by not cooperating with Ice on the deportation of illegals.
Speaker 2: Well, look, the Articles of Confederation didn't have a national standard for citizenship, and the Constitution does. It was touted in the Federalist papers as one of the reasons to adopt the Constitution, and it's common sense. You can't have citizenship standards in every city in America or every state in America. There has to be one standard of what it means to be a United States citizen. And they want to nuke the entire idea of citizenship and Donald Trump's right to do that. We need to do another census so that we know who are the citizens. Because I represent citizens, Members of Congress represent citizens. If you're not a citizen. I'll help you find an embassy or a consulate. You have an ambassador, and we need to draw the congressional maps that way. Ohio's losing representation because of it. In California has five to extra five to seven extra members of Congress because they're counting non citizens. We need to fix that and you get to treat You got to citizenship matters, and that's that's what we got to force. And if it means putting some state and local officials in jail, I think the Trump administration is ready to do it.
Speaker 1: Well, let's see what happens. Is going to be an interesting afternoon. Hopefully by by sundown tonight or maybe by tomorrow. The fourth of July came, Jefferies will quit flapping his jaws a sound and fury signifying nothing, and hopefully there'll be a vote. And if you get a tip, if you're on Social Security, if if you will work for over time, you're going to love this Bill and Congressman Warren Davidson, you're a great American. Once again, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show, and good luck later this afternoon.
Speaker 2: Thanks a lot, God bless you and all your listeners and happy for Thank you very much, Congressman. Let's continue with more.
Speaker 1: As you may know, Reds Baseball is off today, having a dramatic win last night in Boston, and they're back at it on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in Philadelphia. Who can't pick up their garbage? Bill Cunningham with you every day. You're home of the Reds. News Radio seven hundred Wow.