Speaker 1: Five KERSD Talk Station. A very happy Thursday to you. Always a good day when Congressman Moarre and Davidson returns of the fifty five KRSE Morning Show. Congressman Davidson, welcome back. It's a pleasure to have you on, as it always is.
Speaker 2: Ran It's always an honor. Thanks, good to talk to you.
Speaker 1: And first off, I got to give you a little bit of earfull through George Brunneman, who didn't stick around to the studio to give it to himself that he was hoping that you could do a video for the Restore Liberty Fiscal Sanity rally on Sunday. So there you make your own decisions. I told him I would pass it along and put you on the spot because they've kind.
Speaker 2: Of a little I will find a way that sounds like a great thing to do a video for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's going to be a lot of them, including I believe, I guess vivek Ramaswami is going to be providing one and Bernie Moreno as well. So you're in good company there and that's a that's a great organization, Restore Liberty dot Us. All right, I've taken you off the spot and putting you back in your role as an elected official in Congress. I don't know which which direction you want to start. You perhaps just gauging reaction on the whole tariff situation. I guess everybody got all their money back. Yesterday when Donald Trump said he was sitting down with what seventy five countries expressed the desire to negotiate and work out something, including Canada, that sounded like, you know, they wanted to push down for maybe open free trade, open trade, and maybe just get rid of tariff's all together, but at least sitting down at the table and talking about it resulted in this ninety day pause, which the markets exhaled and went through the roof. Your reaction to all this going on.
Speaker 2: I love it when a plan comes together. You know, people are like, oh, Trump folded like no, this was its total bait the whole time, and it took this. I mean the crazy thing is people were like, well, why didn't he just get everybody to work together before? Well, he tried his whole first term, and he told people as he was meeting with them since since June of twenty twenty three. He put out a video in June of twenty twenty three saying exactly what he was going to do on his campaign website, and then he got an office and people acted surprise he did it. It's like why would you? I mean, he says he's going to do things, he does them in his campaign promises, and this is one of them. And the big thing that people didn't get about, why are you putting tariffs on our allies? Well, one, they're not treating as fairly, that's true, but the biggest thing is they refuse to help with China. So what happened is China misplayed this badly, and now we've built a coalition. We've set up the opportunity to get the allies, our supposed allies, and the people that came forward and said, well help. Part of helping isn't just fixing your trade relationship with us, it's fixing our collective trade relationship with China. China's been taking advantage of everyone, stealing our intellectual property, blocking market access. And part of why China has no leverage they don't allow us access to their market. So, okay, put your tariffs at whatever you want, but it's not going to hurt us as much as our tearifts are hurting you, and that's what you're seeing turmoil in the bond market because China needs to keep selling off things to create liquidity to hold their currency pegged love it's their currency manipulation practice. So this is a well crafted play. It's a big part of why Scott Bessant became the Secretary of Treasury.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I was just going to bring Scott beston up because yesterday he said, in response to that eighty four percent additional tariff, China added because they're going the opposite direction rather than negotiate something with us, they hoped on a much bigger tariff. So what we're a one twenty five and they're kind of close to that at this point. But he said they may delist Chinese stock from American exchanges. That would happen. That would be a herd, that would sting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, We've got a lot of tools that we could use to go through China. I mean right now, that's one of the things. And you know, honestly, China gets special treatment to even be listed. Normally, you have to be fully audited by a firm recognized by you know, the New York Stock Exchange. For example, Masdak whatever, you have credible audits. But China's stocks are essentially tracking stocks because they're they're not going through the same level of scrutiny, and so you could easily just hold the Chinese company to the same standard as everyone else, and while they would be delisted. We've got nearly three hundred thousand students in the United States from China. America has about thirty thousand students in China. So we go ahead and say, well, you know, you can't study here. And honestly, China expects their students to spy on Americans in order to be eligible for the student visa. So you know, there are all kinds of tools that we could use here. And look, I think, honestly, Donald Trump, Scott Bessant, myself, and most of my colleagues, we would love to have a friendly relationship with the people of China. Chishi Ping, he's not that kind of guy. He's not the same guy that Doung Chaoping was. And that's the kind of deal that happened that opened up China is you had kind of this mindset that we can engage and bring China into the fold. Now they may have been dishonest, the entire time. But culturally the phenomenon in China is just radically different under Chizhuping than it was under Hu Jintao. And you know, if you follow anything much about China and who Jintao was, the guy that chijupin purp walked out of the People's Congress at the last time. He was the former president, former leader, chairman of the Pennese Communist Party, and just a very different kind of approach to foreign engagement. And chijupinion is essentially like Mount mal Or.
Speaker 1: I was going to say Stalin, but yeah, very so, very reminiscent of the Soviet Union. If you disagree with or represent some sort of threat to the leader, then you tend to disappear and are used to be. They eradicated you from photographs. Even I thought that using old technology they could erase people's existence. Kind of very Orwellian. Oh maybe that's why he wrote nineteen eighty four. Anyway, turning over to the Senate budget resolution, which I saw, Speaker Johnson canceled a vote yesterday evening on the Senate budget proposal. Apparently there's some good holdouts in Congress that want to get more promises of cuts. And my understanding is the Senate proposal only cuts four billion over ten years, which is like how much we spill on a daily basis, and House Republicans were looking for more like two trillion in cuts. Where are we on this?
Speaker 2: Congressman Davidson, Well, I couldn't support the Senate version, and honestly so, I was in negotiations with the Speaker, you know, really all week, but we basically closed the doors and sat there from like six pm until eleven last night trying to negotiate some sort of way around this. The Senate doesn't really want to be bound to the House's number, and look, bad news doesn't get better with time. I mean, if they say, oh, we can find the votes, well, don't find the votes three months from now. Find the votes now. And you know they're having a hard time getting people in the Senate to commit to promising to save money, let alone on final passage. When all the deals put together, then there'll be a lot of pressure to get it done because the tax cuts will have been negotiated, the spending cuts will have been negotiated, the debt ceiling limit will have been agreed to. And here's the thing. The House said, look, in exchange for one and a half trillion in it as a floor, we will raise the debt limit by four trillion dollars. Now, when are you going to normally make a loan? For the loan officers out there listening, when are you going to make a loan of four trillion dollars when somebody promises to only find a way to come up with one and a half trillion, and you know darn well that they actually over a ten year period, don't need four trillion, they need eighteen trillion, right, who's going to make that loan? Well, that's what that's what basically Congress is doing with either of these bills. So even the House bill isn't very good. But instead of one and a half trillion dollar floor, the Senate bill said, we'll see your four trillion and we'll raise it. We want five trillion, and we're only going to commit to four billion in savings, which is like a day of interest payments exactly. That's insane. That's insane, and you know there's no Now, they promised privately in the Senate part of how they got some of these good senators to go along with it. They promised privately, Well, we're really going to come up with two to three trillion, put it on paper exactly pross conference in publicans say it at least, but they're all, well, but in the quiet whispers behind the closed doors, you know, we really think we can come up now we're done with the hollow promises stuff. That's that's basically how you we got into this mess, not because Conservatives held up things. We got in this mess because of bipartisan bankrupt America policies have got us thirty six train in debt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm glad you said bipartisan banker of American policies, because let's face it, the Republicans own the Senate, and maybe not by much, but they still do. They control it. They have the majority of votes saying with the House this this, it's as if they're they're they're passing up a golden opportunity with all of the spotlight that's being shed by the Department of Governmental Efficiency on all of the fraud wasted abuse in government. These are hard earned taxpayer dollars taken from our wallets because we labored for it, and they don't seem to care a whit about where the money goes that message has been projected loud and creative American public. We get it. We understand that more people are outraged by it. Thanks to the work of Doge. This seems it's like the best possible time in this in the history or at least as long as I've been living, to make make an argument for genuine cuts to the government spending.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never seen more momentum in the public and the popular consciousness behind less government. And you just got to be honest. If you find somebody right now that is not going to say they'll vote for less government in light of the environment we're in right now, they don't want less government, you know. I mean there's people that could get boxed into less government because they know that's what the momentum with the public is. The idea that we're going to move this and not actually deliver less government, to me is insane. And look the President's and out look, we're going to get at least a trillion dollars in cuts and all that, and that's important. But the lack of trust isn't what Donald Trump. It's not what the team he's hired. Those guys are great. It's with the Senate. The Senate always fails us, and you look at it like where's the pressure. There's always like pressure on House conservatives, and you know the reason we can't have nice things is conservatives in the House. Right when was their pressure on the Senate? I mean, there's not even a crossword to a Senator. When was their pressure on the Senate when they were negotiating this crap deal of four billion dollars in savings that's crazy. As they were doing that, where was the pressure being applied to the Senate? So right now, I think that's the thing that's like, You've got a couple dozen of us that are just like, look, I can't vote for this thing without something further. And then you know, there's there's jet fumes out here and everybody wants to get out of town for Eastern Break and Passover and all that. You know, maybe that'll make everybody come come together and do a reasonable deal. But I think those of us that are dug in on we're bankrupting America and I'm not going to participate in it, are in for the fight. And it's like, look, we don't want to be obstructionist in the sense of you know, getting the agenda done, but we do want to be obstructuralist. If you're planning on driving to the crash site, lasting us in a debt bomb, we don't want to participate in that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, history will remember who fought for the fiscal responsibility and who let us well down this existential threat, which is the you know, essentially thirty six trillion and growing every moment. While we speak deficit we have, it's just it's it's crazy. I mean, no one can project down the road how this can work out successfully, and that is a reality no one can hide from. So you know, we're going to we're going to spend ourselves into oblivion and we're going to collapse the fiat currency, which will basically mean the ant of the American economy.
Speaker 3: Congressman Davidson, Yeah, I mean, and look when when the US US dollar, when the US economy has time borrowing funding treasuries, that's not like you know when Gerise had a hard time borrowing it or whatever.
Speaker 2: We are the market. I mean, people go to the dollar for the hedge, They buy US treasuries for security instability. Yes, I mean, we not only have about five percent of the world's population four and a half or so, we get over fifty percent of the world's capital invested in our markets. Yeah, I mean so truly. Like the idea that the United States could have problems with our economy in the world economy be okay, is crazy. I mean it is, and that's kept us propped up for a long time things that everybody knows isn't sustainable, and that's led people to falsely believe that, well, we can keep doing this. We can just print money. You know, we have the reserve currency. We can just spend more money and death sits don't matter. I think, well, DEFs, it don't matter. Why bother collecting taxes? I mean, I used to be part of the reason why why people said, well, we want to hold the taxes low because they'll hold down the size and scope of government. But they've blown way past that. There's not even a talk about balancing the budget at this point.
Speaker 1: Conor some more and Davidson wish we had more time. We are out. I appreciate your willingness to talk with my listeners of me this morning, and I'll look forward to having a conversation again. Meanwhile, keep fighting a good fight. We've got a golden opportunity right here now.
Speaker 2: YouTube Brian God bless you and all your listeners.
Speaker 1: Take care. Seven fifty three fifty five CARES Detalk Station Way Long Pop