Speaker 1: We do have a CU Buffs basketball game taken over right at the top of the hour.
Speaker 2: But as I do anyway, I.
Speaker 1: Created an aluminous blog for us for our little hour together. You can find that blog by going to mandy'sblog dot com. That's mandy'sblog dot com. Look for the headline this says eleven twenty six, twenty four blog. Welp, I've got a short show today. Click on that and here are the headlines you will find within and even.
Speaker 2: With some list in office half American, all with ships and climas. And see that's going to press flinch.
Speaker 1: Today on the blog, the Buffs lost their first game in the Maui Invitational. Stupid man challenges elk if it's good enough for Lauren Bobert. The Aurora Pduse of Force report is interesting. It's avalanche time in the mountains, big time snow for the next forty eight hours. It's addiction stupid. Russell Westbrook is a good man. Biden will attend Trump's inauguration. The UN fires its genocide expert for not saying Israel.
Speaker 2: Is committing genocide.
Speaker 1: Walmart ditches dei y'all who this? And eighty million dollar bet on Trump was not dumb luck And now a bunch of crazy good covers from the Voice. We're still fat from last year. I feel so seen right now. And this guy gives haircuts to neurodivergent kids. Let me try that again, neurodivergent kids.
Speaker 2: Click on Oha, Wait a.
Speaker 1: Minute, those are the headlines on the point a minute. Hang on, there's that's not all the headlines now, Zach. You're now it's contagious, Zach. Do you see what happened? You made a tiny mistake and now it's just bled all over, just.
Speaker 2: All over the show. It's my fault. It's all you know what it is, all Zack.
Speaker 1: There's going to be a stern talking to after the program. Okay, a stern talking to not by me but by someone. Someone is going to have a stern talking.
Speaker 2: To the highest hire up. Oh they're exactly exactly. Okay.
Speaker 1: Two more videos on the blog today, one of them couple goals and one of.
Speaker 2: Them struggling with self. Work to watch this.
Speaker 1: Those are the headlines on the blog at Mandy's blog dot com. And hopefully we can get to the next fifty or so minutes without any more disa. I have great Okay, So we have Cubuffs basketball coming up at one, so I wanted to make sure you guys had stuff to watch. So I pulled some really really good videos that I thought were worth your time if you like the Voice. I got a great just kind of the voice from around the world. Some of the covers that were the most popular.
Speaker 2: I love that. Do you watch the Voice? Zach is at a show that young people watch.
Speaker 3: I don't catch it like religiously, but if I'm visiting my mom, she's a fairly big fan.
Speaker 2: I'll watch it with her, you know, Okay, I will accept that.
Speaker 1: I love the very beginning of the Voice, But then when it starts to get contrived and they're like trying to coach everybody, and then by the end everybody's like the most polished, perfect singer in the history of singers, that's when I get bored. I mean, I usually watch the finale, but I'll watch the beginning that I kind of maybe I do, maybe I don't in the middle, and then and then I watch the end.
Speaker 2: But the blind.
Speaker 1: Auditions, I love the whole concept because you'll have people that don't look remark just remotely what they sound like and it's just kind of cool concept and it's a good show. It's a really good, you know, competition show. That video is on the blog today Jim Gaffagan talking about password anxiety, and I've never felt so seen in my entire life. Like password managers are getting way more aggressive.
Speaker 2: They're like you put in.
Speaker 1: A pass where they're like, yeah, you already use that one seventeen years.
Speaker 2: Ago, Like what, hey remember seventeen years ago.
Speaker 1: That's on the blog. My favorite video on the blog today. I saw this the other day on one of my Facebook feeds or Instagram or whatever, and it's just so it's such a beautiful video of something so simple. It is a barber who does these haircuts for neurodivergent and developmentally disabled kids. So these are kids that could be anywhere on the autism spectrum. They could be nonverbal and have real serious challenges, or they could be kids with down syndrome that are a little uncomfortable getting their haircut. You've just got to see this guy give a kid a haircut. And I know it sounds so dumb. You're like, Manny, why am I gonna spend thirteen minutes watching a guy give a haircut?
Speaker 2: To a kid, because the care that this barber.
Speaker 1: Has for this child and the strategies that he employs are incredibly interesting to watch. And it really if you're if after the election cycle, maybe your faith in humanity has been shaken.
Speaker 2: This is the kind of stuff that makes me have faith in our fellow humans. This guy, this family, this haircut. So if you're feeling a.
Speaker 1: Little down on the world, then go watch the haircut video. And then to follow that up, we got a nice little Irish couple been married sixty two years, stopped on the street to ask some questions and now I have new relationship goals. So that's on there. And Tony Robbins with Theovon. Now, if you don't know who Theovon is, he is the most surprisingly popular podcaster I have ever seen in my life. The fact that Theovonne is famous is amazing to me. The because he's not talented, because he's really good. He's one of those interviewers that his interview.
Speaker 2: Style is know nothing at the beginning of.
Speaker 1: The interview and basically use the interview to plumb every.
Speaker 2: Aspect of what his guest has to offer.
Speaker 1: Because Theovonne often comes across like I have no idea about anything about this, but he asks great questions, the same questions you would ask, and hearing him talk to Tony Robbins is just really, really interesting. So those are things for you to entertain you during the basketball game of cubuffs. Basketball is not your favorite thing. I did you know how I've been rising above since after the election. I've been rising above. I'm not piling on. I'm not trying to make anybody who is scared to death on the other side feel worse. I'm not doing any of that. However, And he had to know there's going to be a however in there. Someone on the internet, and I'm just blaming the internet on this one. Someone on the internet made a video and a parody song two journeys Who's Crying Now?
Speaker 2: And it's really funny. And as you can imagine, it.
Speaker 1: Is perhaps a compilation of people on the left announcing that Donald Trump was not going to win the election, set two a parody song called Who's Crying Now?
Speaker 2: And it is pretty dang funny. I mean, not for everyone.
Speaker 1: And if you're on that side that I'm trying not to pile on to you, that I'm trying to you know, have generous spirit towards then you don't need to.
Speaker 2: Watch that one. Just stay away Mandy's block dot com.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I've got a couple of stories that I want to talk about Yesterday. Remember when we talked about Matt Gates. Now I didn't talk about this at the beginning of the show, I don't think so. Matt Gates out of Congress, not going back to Congress, and he started a cameo page, and I jokingly said, I'm totally doing this. Well, now I'm doing it, you guys, Now just hear me out. It's going to happen when I get back from vacation. I'm setting this up because none other than Lauren Bobert, sitting member of the House of Representatives, started a cameo page. Now, it was only up over the weekend because apparently there's a lot of suspicion that a lawmaker cannot sell a speech.
Speaker 2: There is actual prohibitions. You can't charge for a.
Speaker 1: Speech when you are in Congress because then there could be a quick pro quot situation. So there's a lot of rules about it. And by Monday, she had pulled her cameo page down. But I was like, dang, it. If it's good enough for Lauren, it's good enough for me. So after the if you're waiting for the perfect Christmas gift, it's gonna be my cameo page. One of our sales staff just showed me that her fellow co workers for her birthday bought her a cameo message from the Golden Bachelor Jerry whatever his last name is.
Speaker 2: It is. It is so hilarious that I loved it. I love it. I love it so much, so now I'm doing it. I'm doing it.
Speaker 1: This is gonna accuse college funds. If you want my daughter to have a solid.
Speaker 2: Education, you're gonna want to send a cameo to.
Speaker 1: Someone you love. That's gonna be my new thing. I might quit my job. I just full time cameo. I'm kidding, of course, not that many people are gonna pay me for these. I'm lowering my expectations, but I'm just making it available. Here's the reason I'm actually talking about the Lauren Bobert thing. And this is one of those things that I hope someone plays for her because I mean it. In her cameo intro video, she says, and this is a quote, it's your girl from Colorado Lauren Bobert. Now, I realize that's folksy and relatable. I get it, and from an advertising perspective, that is probably a good idea. But there's something that I think I feel about Lauren Bobert that I don't know if she feels about Lauren Bobert, and that is Lauren Bobert is an accomplished woman. I may disagree with her strategies, but she is a sitting member of Congress. She just won in a different district. She's going back to Congress to represent the people of Colorado. And sometimes I don't think she recognizes that she is an accomplished woman. She's not your girl from Colorado. She is your representative from Colorado. I know she can't say that in her cameo video, but I'm frustrated when I see women, and a lot of times it is women of her age, like getting to forty but not quite there yet, who don't understand their value and their accomplishments and the level of due respect that they should demand from everybody else, but they should also give themselves. So if anybody knows Lauren, let her know. She's a member of Congress. She is an accomplished woman. She should be proud of that.
Speaker 2: She doesn't need to like I'm your girl, because you're not a girl. You're a woman.
Speaker 1: And there's nothing wrong with being a woman. I mean, everybody wants to do it now, even dudes. It's like, nothing wrong with it. Everybody wants to be a woman now.
Speaker 2: O JK. I'm just kidding, Mandy. If you run the one eight hundred cars for kids commercially in your cameo, then you should pay us. That will never happen, never, never.
Speaker 1: Never happen never, Mandy. Why does Ross get the prime spot? Is it because he's a liberal? The reason goes back to when we replaced Rush Limbaugh on this station, and it had to do with programming decisions that were made not by a programmer, I'm gonna be perfectly honest.
Speaker 2: They were made by a person who was.
Speaker 1: No longer with the company, thank god, and they were bad programming decisions for a variety of reasons. But but I love this time slot and Ross does a fantastic job in the timeslot before me.
Speaker 2: And he's not a liberal, you guys, Ross is really not a liberal.
Speaker 1: But I'm not going to spend today defending Rosskaminski because he can defend himself anyway. I have video from our friends at Fox thirty one.
Speaker 2: This kind of stuff makes me crazy, and I get it. I get it with Tauris right.
Speaker 1: Like I understand when tourists come to Colorado or they go to Yellowstone. Do you follow tourns of Yellowstone on any social media, Zach.
Speaker 3: I've seen the videos of the people like, hey, let's go Petnak Grizly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And Tourns of Yellowellowstone is literally a whole social media site and it's t you are oh and a combination of tourists and moron okay, Toron's of Yellowstone, and it's literally just visitors to Yellowstone Park doing dumb ass things like walking off the path by a thermal poll that's like a billion degrees, or trying to get up close and personal with a bison. You know, it's just it's absurd. So that's kind of what this feels like. Guyan Esta's Park is walking to work, right, He's walking to work and this out big ass bull elk, full rack of horns, like big ass bull elk right is about I don't know, fifteen twenty feet away and he just proceeds to walk toward the elk. Now know this, there's a fence, right, There's a fence that is running parallel to his path. If he were on the other side of the fence, I don't think this bull.
Speaker 2: Elk would have thought anything about him. But he wasn't.
Speaker 1: He was on the same side of the elk as the fence as the elk, and then the elk.
Speaker 2: Charges at him. The guy backs up. Then the guy throws his coffee at the elk. First of all, really, really, you wasted a perfectly good cup of coffee.
Speaker 1: Here's my prediction of what happened here. And if you know the guy, I'd love to talk to him on the air. He's one of those guys that is going to prove to you how unbothered he is by all the wildlife in his town of Estes Park, and he's gonna prove this to all these tourists with their cameras by just walking right by it. And the elk decided not to play his role to the proper effect, and so then he got embarrassed because you know this time of year, people are standing there videotaping because the elk are in Estes Park, not as much as earlier in the year.
Speaker 2: But yeah, they're still there obviously, And the.
Speaker 1: Guy got embarrassed and he ended up throwing his coffee at the elk and I hope, sir, I'm really it was an Evergreen Why did I think it was an Estes Park? Sorry about that kid's Evergreen lake? You are righte Texter, thank you very much, thank you, very very much so Evergreen Lake. My apologies. But nonetheless, this guy's going to work. He's not a tourist. It always amazes me when when locals get so casual about wildlife. It's called wildlife for a reason. He's lucky it didn't get stabbed.
Speaker 2: You know what is that? That's goring? Right when you get hit? Is there this Look at the definition of gord. It's goring.
Speaker 3: I have a family out in the country in Westcliffe, Colorado, and a big problem is a dog's getting gored by deer.
Speaker 1: And yeah, somebody just in my neighborhood one of their dogs got slashed by a deer in the backyard. And in my case, deer gets caught in my backyard and it didn't have any horns and it just my dog chased it around the yard. Forty times until I can let it out. Jenks is still tired.
Speaker 2: From that gore.
Speaker 3: To gore or to be gored is to be pierced or stabbed with a horn or a tusk.
Speaker 1: That sounds awful, like of all the ways to die, like for me, being eaten by a lion sounds horrible, okay, or a hippopotamus because they're mean as hell. They kill a ton of people every year, so I don't want to be eaten by a lion or a hippopotamus. But being gored to death sounds pretty horrible, you know, or any situation where you're impaled on him that just sounds ugh. We really bad, really really bad. All right, So that is on the blog as well, not the well, the story is. You can see him. It's just it's silly and stupid, Just a silly and stupid.
Speaker 2: Thing, Mandy.
Speaker 1: That guy is a true moran and was reaching for his phone. He should get a ticket. Is there ticketing or they just let you get killed by the elk as your punishment. I vote for the second part. Sounds to me, says this textter like the elk is smarter than the man, especially throwing his coffee at it.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I agree, I agree.
Speaker 1: Also on the blog today, I want to point this out. We are about to get a ton of snow in the mountains, like an absolute of snow in the mountains. It is gonna rip and if you are planning ongoing skiing, you need to be aware if you're a backcountry skier, a snow skier, a snowshoe or rather, and you're going to be off the beaten paths. The Avalanche Forecast Agency whatever it's called, to me find that name, Colorado Avalanche Information Center said, look, we've got an avalanche watch from five pm Tuesday to five pm Wednesday because they're going to get so much snow. Let's see here in Veil Pass, they're looking at seventeen inches Aspen, nineteen inches, Georgetown fourteen inches, s Does Park six inches, twelve inches at Steamboat. So there's gonna be a lot of snow coming in the next couple of days. So if you're planning on doing any back country skiing, be careful. You know, there's some really cool stuff now that is designed to prevent you from dying in an avalanche. And it's like, if you're into that kind of sport, and it's.
Speaker 2: Not all cumbersome.
Speaker 1: You know, it used to be these giant backpacks and stuff. No, I mean, it's not all that cumbersome. And I would hate to have one of my listeners die in an ablage. Dying in an avalanche is also a bad way to go. So now we've established being eaten by a lion bad way to go. Uh, being eaten my hippopotamus also a bad way to go, being gorged to death, and now dying in an avalanche. Well, although maybe you just suffocate, I don't know. See, suffocation seems like kind of a peaceful way to go if you have to go. Not that I'm looking forward to it, unfortunately, says this texter. If the el Kurt's the man, they would have to kill it. Yep, exactly right. So yes, I'm with you on that one, stupid man online. We also have an interesting editorial that I want to talk about when we get back that is so accurate because people are starting to shift. Remember a few years ago when the uh, I think I think Mayor Michael Hancock was the first person that I heard use the phrase houseless.
Speaker 2: Right, We've changed the names of.
Speaker 1: People who are chronically homeless and we keep changing the name as if changing the name is somehow going to change the underlying condition that has left people living on the streets, and that is mostly mental illness and addiction or a combination of the two. You know, trauma related addiction is probably at the top of the list. Well, I think that enough years and enough badness has happened with homeless people getting more aggressive, homeless people even being more aggressive with police and firefighters, and people are starting to go, wait a minute, what we're doing isn't working. So when we get back, I'm going to share part of this editorial, not all of it, but I'm going to share part of it because I'm happy to see. I think anyway that more people are starting to stand up and say, until we address the underlying root cause of these issues, we're never going to come close to solving homelessness. We're gonna get into that next to keep it right here on KOA. Okay, you guys on the text line at five six six nine oh, the Common Spirit Health text line. And and you guys, we now have the worst possible way to die.
Speaker 2: In case we're wondering it.
Speaker 1: Is, it is the worst possible way to die. And as soon as I find it again because it just updated. Mandy, we just had a guy in our neighborhood fall dead head first, fall headfirst into a septic tank and drown. I take back everything I said about being eaten by lions. That is indeed the worst way, the worst way. Hippos are vegetarian, but they will stomp you to death, you know, But hippos kill a bunch of people every year, like way more than lions.
Speaker 2: You think lions are the badasses. No, it's hippos that are.
Speaker 1: The mass andres My brother says, this texter was completely buried into Colorado avalanche and survived a number of lucky factors all came together at once. It led to his survival, and avalanche expert later commented that only twenty five percent of victims survived the avalanche type he was in. So I chose to believe his survival as an example of a miracle of God. He's gone on to have a son and lead a kind, generous and productive life, and this Thanksgiving, I'm.
Speaker 2: Grateful he survived. That is a great story.
Speaker 1: But I just want people to be careful because of all this snow that we're going to get in the mountains. We definitely have an avalanche danger. The Avalanche Organization has put that out there. I want to share some of this editorial because you know, we're about to come up to Colorado Gives Day. And I say that because every year on Colorado Gives Day, I feature multiple organizations that I think are worthy of your donation.
Speaker 2: And I'll tell you the reasons why.
Speaker 1: I would like to see we as Colorado's, especially we as Denver Metro or Boulder Rights or whatever you want to call us, like we are all in this together. I would love to see to support organizations that are doing work to treat addiction. For this very reason, this editorial starts. You can see them shooting up, vaping, smoking, or guzzling out of a bottle in alleyways, parks, maybe a neighborhood playground. In their wake, they leave a trail of spence, syrnches and other drug paraphernalia with empty bottles and cans as the chaser.
Speaker 2: Don't call them, don't you dare call them addicts.
Speaker 1: That might take the heat off of more fetching targets. You know, the usual suspects trotted out by politicians, activists, and even at times, the media, the landlords or employers are other faithless boogeymen who supposedly are hindering the quest for attainable housing. It's as if calling for greater personal responsibility by those on the streets might shift the blame and undercut calls for housing first at any cost.
Speaker 2: Now goes in to.
Speaker 1: Depth about housing first and how much this has cost, and the fact that Denver voters, who honestly, you people, never get tired of raising your own taxes.
Speaker 2: Yet a massive one.
Speaker 1: Hundred million dollars a year additional sales tax to build affordable housing just failed in Denver. Such things used to be as slammed up, they were absolutely gonna happen, but it just failed. So people are tiring of this because we have now seen the number that I've seen with some reliability that the city of Denver has spent one hundred and sixty five million dollars on homelessness. Now, think about, that's not the only people spending money to quote solve homelessness. There's a lot of organizations out there throwing a lot of money at people living on the streets, and it's not working.
Speaker 2: It's getting worse. It feels like we're not.
Speaker 1: Making as much progress as we should. People are not moving from these emergency shelters into real housing fast enough, they're not moving to independence, they're not moving to Sobriet as far as we know. So yeah, there's a lot in this that's very, very good, And of course I already believe it, because I don't think it's compassionate to give someone a space where they can drink or drug themselves to death.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's compassionate.
Speaker 1: And I think that people who are addicted their addicts, they are mentally slaves and physically slaves to the drugs that they are consuming. And you can make all kinds of judgment calls about people who chose to take drugs in the first place, but you know, I'm not here to make a judgment on anyone's life. I don't know their story. I don't know how they ended up this way. I don't know if they didn't end up this way because of a doctor's prescription, because that happens with more frequency than we care to discuss.
Speaker 2: Right, maybe not as much.
Speaker 1: Because so many medical practices and hospital chains have you know, clamped down on pain medications specific for this reason.
Speaker 2: But now they're addicts. They're not thinking in their right mind.
Speaker 1: And we as a society have to decide what we're going to do with it.
Speaker 2: Now, if you want to live in a.
Speaker 1: Truly free society with no sort of standards to be you know that you have to abide by, then we can have people pooping in the streets and living in camps in Civic Center Park.
Speaker 2: But I don't think that's how we want to live.
Speaker 1: So I'm glad that this kind of conversation is starting to take hold on a regular basis, and not just from the Denverzet editorial page.
Speaker 2: They talk about a story and it was a great story.
Speaker 1: I had it on yesterday's blog about how Bolder, which has always been you know, like planet Boulder, Like there's the rests of Colorado, then there's Boulder living in their little bubble of hippies and naked people and whatever. Well, it's almost like the end of the Summer of Love has finally come to Boulder because homeless addicts are taking over. And there was a great story about it, and it talked about a woman who has a mission, a street mission, where she is trying to help homeless people, but she's not just giving them stuff, She is trying to get them help.
Speaker 2: She actually said this is the quote.
Speaker 1: Housing is not an intervention for mental health and addiction treatment and recovery is. So I'm glad that we're starting to have these kind of conversations in a way that seems meaningful that will maybe allow people who have been locked stepped into this notion that allowing people to live on the streets, not forcing them to take responsibility for themselves, is compassionate, because it's not. Bob Ktae, the founder of Step thirteen which is now Step Denver, used to say all the time, if you give an addic food or money, or a jacket or a tent, you are just buying them death on the installment plan. And that's the attitude that needs to take hold, and that is how people need to view this, not with contempt for the addict, but for a compassion for the addict and recognizing that they have in some cases to be forced to do the right thing until they can shake themselves free of the immediate you know, drug addiction and hopefully make better choices for their life going forward.
Speaker 2: And guess what, some people won't. There are people that you could put.
Speaker 1: Into treatment a thousand times, and a thousand times are going to relapse. We're never going to be able to save everybody, but we should be able to save enough, and we should be able to have a system in place that doesn't allow people to say on the streets, it gives them choices, but it doesn't allow.
Speaker 2: Them to feel like they can live.
Speaker 1: Off the grid on the streets of Denver in any capacity and get away with it. It just can't be okay, it really can't. Many affordable really just means free housing. That is an excellent point, and the problem is is that there's no move. I have seen absolutely no move by Mayor Mike Johnson, who I know, Mayor Mike Johnston wants to solve this problem, There's no.
Speaker 2: Doubt in my mind.
Speaker 1: But I have not heard a single peep out of the mayor saying, you know what we need to find out from the department. There is a building, a building department, the permitting department.
Speaker 2: What the hold up is? I'm married from builders.
Speaker 1: Permits needs to take twenty days are now taking fourteen months. How are you supposed to make housing affordable when you're carrying fourteen months of hard costs with absolutely no ability to move forward.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: So solve all the problems first and then ask the voters for more money.
Speaker 2: That's the way it should go.
Speaker 1: Mandy, how can we make sure the builder homeless set up in front of King Paulis's house? I you know what, I realized that that would be super fun. I don't mean super fun. But if it doesn't help solve the problem, then you know what, text.
Speaker 2: Are your genius? Your genius?
Speaker 1: Because when oil and Gas decided to set up a fracking pad so they could get to the oil and gas across the road from his vacation home, Jared Polus has been on a tear against oil and gas ever since.
Speaker 2: Maybe we do need to put some people in front of his house. Hm hm.
Speaker 1: I bet Boulderrites, if you just floated them at twenty bucks and gave them.
Speaker 2: An address, you could get them to DeCamp. Just a thought.
Speaker 1: I bet they'd be moving along really quickly. Though that's just my just spitballing here. I bet they wouldn't be there for very long. We're gonna take a quick time out back after this to wrap things up.
Speaker 2: Short show.
Speaker 1: See you Buffs basketball at the top of the hour. We're gonna turn the station over. I generously share the radio station with the Color Buffalo basketball team, who did not exactly burn it up yesterday play in Michigan State, but to Michigan State's credit, they look pretty good this year, so you know whatever.
Speaker 2: And today the CU.
Speaker 1: Bus will be playing Connecticut and that pregame starts at one o'clock. Of course, the Maui Invitational. So I'm going to tell you one more thing that's on the blog right now that you need to go look at, and that is this Walmart becomes the latest company to completely walk back it's dei policies. And when I say walk back, it's like they just were like, yeah, never mind, we're not going to do any of that.
Speaker 2: And this is great news.
Speaker 1: There's progress being made and someday we're going to be able to judge people by the.
Speaker 2: Content of their character. It's going to be amazing.
Speaker 1: And I also have a super interesting story. If you didn't hear about the guy he bet eighty million dollars on Polymarket, the betting site, that offshore betting site that allows people were not Americans, to bet on our elections. That eighty million dollars total, that Trump would not only win, he would win the popular vote, and he would win the electoral college. He would win three russ Belt states. And it was not a blind bet. When you read how he came to the conclusion that it was far more likely that Trump was going to win than not. It's fascinating and it could very much upend the polling industry going forward. It's by the way, he made eighty five million cash money on that bet. Imagine going to sleep and you wake up the next day it's like, oh, I just want eighty five million dollars. You're like, oh, okay, all right then, But now it's time for the most exciting segment on the radio of its guy hit it Kennon Boom, Oh you're Zach anyway, who's doing it? No in the world. Yeah, Zach is just having it. Zack's all over the place today. You give an hour show and he's like that, He's everywhere. Keenan, our intrepid newsman is in the in the studio for his chance to win of the day. Now you can hit the Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: First of all, what is our dad joke of the day? Zach?
Speaker 3: Our dad joke of the day? Why do ducks have tail feathers.
Speaker 2: Why do ducks have tail feather I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know, to hide their butts.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah, my grandsons will like that one.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's the next one? All right?
Speaker 3: Word of the day is eddie eddie like.
Speaker 2: A in a like add Why? Yeah, d d hy eddie. Isn't that in a river? Yeah? It is. It's something, uh that you get stuck in eddie.
Speaker 1: It's a swirling like place where the current goes around in a circle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a current of water or air running contrary to the main current, causing a water pool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is exactly what we said to a.
Speaker 3: Contrary or circular current or thought policy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, here's one that we in Colorado should know, but I don't know if I do know it. CBD, a chemical found in cannabis plants, is often incorporated into cosmetic and dietary products and is believed to have health benefits. What does CBD stand for. It's cannabinoid something. Yeah, cannabinoid. Oh, it's kind of what it is. Cannabin cannab cannabi dial, cannabi dial, we cannabi dial. I did not know that until I use all the time too. I use CBD cream well almost every day. Had no idea obviously what I was putting on my body until right now.
Speaker 2: Way to go, Mandy. Well then, all right, what is our category today, Zach?
Speaker 3: Our jeopardy category of the day is begins and ends with E, Begin and ends with E. All right, first one for you here to get hitched without parental.
Speaker 2: Consent in modern less elope. What is what is? We'll give you the first one. We'll give you the first one. All right, here we go, all right?
Speaker 3: This dot com for offers on trend digital invitations.
Speaker 2: And also what is evite thingo?
Speaker 3: All right to guarantee or a nutritional protein shake?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I know what this is? What is insure? All I can remember was boom. I'm like, that's the wrong one. You're your posse from French for around? What is entourage? Boom? This right here? This is itable.
Speaker 3: Different parts of the pancreas act like these two main types of glands.
Speaker 2: Different parts of the pancreas.
Speaker 3: I don't I didn't pay attention biology in school, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't know what this is. All I can think of is not it doesn't end with E.
Speaker 2: It uh oh you guys, yes, please go Oh maybe idiot I literally was thinking and Doorphin is no, it would at the end like it just end. Oh we need a tiebreaker, okay, tiebreaker? Uh October in history? Oh god? Or multiples of three. Maybe.
Speaker 3: The eastern terminus of this route is near Lake Shore Drive in Chicago. The western officially at least, and what is.
Speaker 2: The US six sixty six around sixty six? Okay there, we'll get to there.