Speaker 1: Well, I hope everybody listening takes a little bit of pleasure in me sharing with you a flashback to one of my life's most humiliating moments.
Speaker 2: But I do give it up for the team here.
Speaker 3: You do. You're a giver.
Speaker 1: So let me tell you what happened and the other day, Tricia, Well, it was probably five six o'clock, I don't know. We walk outside, we're getting ready to get in the car, and what happens right in front of.
Speaker 3: Us, Tricia, Sandy, something great happened.
Speaker 4: Shirtless muscle running guy happens to be running by our house. Right in front of our house, standing and I are walking down the driveway.
Speaker 3: And here he comes running by.
Speaker 4: We both stop. I don't know why we stopped walking, and I could not take my eyes off of him. You're standing right next to me, and in my brain I was all stop clicking, stop clicking, look away, look away.
Speaker 3: I couldn't.
Speaker 1: For those of you that have never heard about shirtless running guy in our neighborhood, this is a guy that is jacked. I mean he's not like your body builders freaky jack perfect. He's built really really well. I mean he's like probably six percent body fat on him. He's got shoulders, he's got abs, abs, the whole thing. And he runs, and he runs all the time with no shirt on.
Speaker 4: Most of the people that you see outside running with no shirt on are not people you want to see with no shirt on. You want to see shirtless muscle running guy with no shirt on.
Speaker 1: So that always harkens back to the time that I was. I got a Dairy Queen ice cream cone on the way home once once and I was sitting in the street where I parked my car, finishing off my ice cream cone because I didn't want christand know I had one. And I look up as I'm eating my large vanilla cone, and who's getting ready to pass right by my windshield?
Speaker 3: Shirtless running guy, shirtless muscle running guy.
Speaker 2: And I'm sitting there eating my boy, are you a slob?
Speaker 4: And as he passes you, Joe make eye contact as you're sitting there holding your giant ice humiliated.
Speaker 1: He's out there running in the heat, my ice crazy has no chill about it. When he ran by, She's like, Ooh, ain't nothing wrong with that?
Speaker 3: I go, oh my god.
Speaker 4: Look and then literally my eyes tracked him as like from.
Speaker 3: Left trying to read the tattoo on his back. I was like, I couldn't make myself stop looking.
Speaker 4: And you know how a lot of thoughts can go through her head in a split second, and I was like, Sandy's standing.
Speaker 3: Right next to me. Stop looking. I couldn't stop looking.
Speaker 1: It'd be so funny and a great video social media video if we got all the ladies in the neighborhood to stand out on the sidewalk, I clap and just clap as he runs by.
Speaker 4: Bring their chairs out and sitting into their driveway with a drink.
Speaker 2: He doesn't keep a normal schedule.
Speaker 4: No, he's sometimes morning guy. I've seen him in the morning sometimes too. He pops up everywhere. He tries to keep it fresh. He keeps us on our toes. We have sightings. Some of our neighbor called texted me the other day and was like, he's over there on cloudy and I was like, all right, I'll look outside. Oh man, oh you know you can. You can do something about it, Sandy.
Speaker 1: With us out of your control, You've got more coming out. Go you want to start out with the first thing that made you laugh today.
Speaker 4: The bald Eagles never saw Snoop coming for their spot as the new symbol of America. Snoop has become America as godfather.
Speaker 2: Yes he has. Yeah, and it's a good one to have.
Speaker 3: Bald Eagles. Never saw it coming, never saw it coming.
Speaker 1: Point it certainly seems and I don't need to get all political and stuff here, but it seems like the American athletes got a memo that said, hey, be cool, be America, be a team, be united.
Speaker 2: There's no fealing during the anthems.
Speaker 3: Now, everybody just chill out and do your job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: There's no controversy like not, Yes, it's what this Yeah, I mean, it's not over, but it's Stubery's just coming together and doing their thinking and not making.
Speaker 3: And looking statements just right.
Speaker 1: Have you noticed who's not a part of the NBC coverage of the Olympics.
Speaker 2: I have you say it?
Speaker 3: No, I'm not going to say it.
Speaker 2: Are we saying the same same person?
Speaker 3: Mr?
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, yep? Megan Rapone for whatever her name is.
Speaker 3: I don't care to say it.
Speaker 2: I'm glad she's not there.
Speaker 3: NBC do anything to do with it to make stand O forbid it do and this is not it.
Speaker 4: I don't think this is one of the few things that the entire world is focusing on it. Everybody can just be calm and compete and yet.
Speaker 3: Just be peaceful. Yeah, that's that's what I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she could not be trusted to keep that going. I'm glad again.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying don't ever speak up saying I don't think that is the right venue for it.
Speaker 2: I agree with you one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: The Sandy Show is brought to you by our bank. Transitioning to our bank is just a click away at www dot r dot bank.
Speaker 2: Remember fdi C.
Speaker 1: Everybody listening, Let's go back to when you were a small Tricia. You're a little Trisha, I'm a little Sandy, all right, And these are all things is that all kids did? But no one really talks about anymore. But it sure is fun to talk about.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Here's a great example, blowing into a straw. Why drinking milk to create milk bubbles?
Speaker 3: Yes, why don't adults do that?
Speaker 2: Why because our bards beat us did not to stop.
Speaker 4: But it makes milk so much more fun, That's true, here's one for sure. Learning how to swim at having an irrational fear of sharks in the deep end.
Speaker 3: Of the pool. Yep, yep, especially when Jaws was a big deal.
Speaker 2: Yep. I'm not going down there.
Speaker 3: No, no, not if I can't see the bottom.
Speaker 1: We mentioned this one a little bit ago, but it's still funny. Drying the sun in the top corner of a piece of paper, A.
Speaker 4: Free, floating, complete sun in the middle of a piece of paper as a child, never happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, never, always anchored in the corner.
Speaker 2: And a smiley face often on the sun.
Speaker 3: Always always yep.
Speaker 4: Believing that gum would stain your stomach for seven years.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it does, it doesn't.
Speaker 4: But I was surely an adult before I one believed that that's not true.
Speaker 1: Uh, freaking out after swallowing a seed like a water and a watermelon seed, I think it was going to grow. And do you how about racing the rain drops? Do you know what I mean by that? No, So when it rained it was on your windshield or in your bedroom window. Yeah, you'd pick two of them out and it was a race to the bottom to see which one would get there.
Speaker 2: That's called the bored childhood.
Speaker 3: A board childhood.
Speaker 4: Here's the one that I oh my gosh, yes, a thousand times playing with the foam nerf ball of any kind, always a big giant chunk taken out of it.
Speaker 3: Somebody bit it or pulled a chunk out.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I've ever played with a fully intact nerf anything.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you a quick, funny story about those nerf balls. So my old radio partner JB. Who's going to be sitting in Patricia next week. He tells a story about his sister Nicky, and for weeks, when she was really young, like a toddler, she kept saying, I got a bibity bobby ball up my nose. I got a bibity bobby ball up my nose. Well, finally their mother took a look. She had taken little tiny pieces of a nerf ball and been packing them up her nose.
Speaker 4: She really she had pity ball up her creating one in her nose.
Speaker 1: A couple more of these things. Again, these are the things everyone did as a kid that no one talks about. Taking a magnet and trying to force the two together.
Speaker 3: All the time, pretending to smoke when it was cold out.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean this is all right. Remember that picture of the fuzz and the other boy friend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were smoking candy cigarettes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they're holding them perfectly, like in the deep v of their fingers, and they look like a miniature version of like an old married couple that was fighting and standing on the.
Speaker 3: Corner smoking ciga.
Speaker 2: I just looked sassy.
Speaker 3: Their poses were right on list.
Speaker 1: Is there any more of these uh pinching their finger fingers and a hair clip for no reason.
Speaker 2: I didn't do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, girls did that.
Speaker 4: We take one of those hair clips and pinching on your fingers or on your lips.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 1: Sitting in church and looking up at the massive pictures and trying to figure out who they kill if they fell. It's a fun list. BuzzFeed put that together. Good stuff Internet. There's a relationship hack that will take you six seconds every day that is supposed to just be wonderful and trigger the release of oxytocin the love hormone. Problem is e've been married for any amount of time at all.
Speaker 2: I don't think you want to do this. We don't do this. Let me tell every what it is.
Speaker 3: What it is.
Speaker 1: The hack is to kiss for six seconds every day.
Speaker 3: Why does that make six seconds sound like an eternity?
Speaker 2: To me because it would be.
Speaker 4: I mean, taken out a contest, contest context, taken out of context. Just standing in the kitchen kissing for six seconds seems like a really long.
Speaker 3: Time, right for.
Speaker 2: Six anyway, say it's long enough.
Speaker 3: Did anybody who happens to walk by, would be like, get a room?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Too long?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: A place called the Gopman Institute came up with it based on how long it takes to trigger the release of oxytose. And that's the love hormone that helps us bond with babies, pets, and each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The other a quick peck ain't gonna do it.
Speaker 3: You gotta have a whole six second kiss.
Speaker 2: We never kiss ever.
Speaker 3: No on the lips, Nope, noep.
Speaker 4: The other option if you don't want to kiss is you can hug, But then that's twenty seconds.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I mean then that's just you're just resting on each other, right, I guess.
Speaker 1: So, Yeah, it's just I don't know. Maybe your relationship that's good, it'll work for you, But I just can't see us ever doing that.
Speaker 3: There's plenty of other ways.
Speaker 2: Daughter wigs out if we're affectionate to it.
Speaker 4: Right, right, She's like what's wrong? What's going on? Why y'all doing that? And then you just try and freak me out. Sometimes I'll come in and go good night, Trish, I love you, and reach down and try and kiss me.
Speaker 3: I'm all, whoa, whoa, whoa, what are you trying to do? What's what did you do.
Speaker 2: Again?
Speaker 1: It's a six second smooth supposed to be really really good for you. Bring it up with your partner today, see how it goes. The Sandy Show is proud partners with our bank. We invite you to open your account effortlessly online at www dot org dot bank.
Speaker 2: Remember FDIC.
Speaker 1: So yesterday I had to drive back from Houston to Austin. It's about two and a half hour drive, you know, for those of you listening in other parts of the country, it's about a two and a half hour drive from Houston to our home in Austin. And I was hungry, and I was driving through a little town and I saw Pete's barbecue. All right, it's in the middle of really nowhere. It's just off of the highway, but there's not like a town built around it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so I was like, you know what, I'm gonna give ope to try see what he's got to talk about.
Speaker 1: So I didn't really I drove up on it so fast that I couldn't slam all my brakes and go.
Speaker 2: So I went up and I u turned and I came back. I pulled in.
Speaker 1: I got a spot right in front of Pete's Barbecue, and I walked in and I was like, oh, yeah, I like the looks of this, and it reminds me of the places that my grandfather used to deliver meat too, you know, and he worked for a packing house and he delivered meat. And so I went in there and I got myself a two meat plate and I sat down. It was kind of cool because you got your sides ont of buffet, but you got your meat up at the town at the counter.
Speaker 2: Sat down.
Speaker 1: I started looking around, and I'm like, huh, yeah, this might be the most manly barbecue place I've ever been at. The best way for me to describe it is, and you'll like this Trician. It was a barbecue joint full of rips from from the stone. Like these guys were like real cowboys, like they worked on a ramp somewhere. There were other guys that were working, you know, hanging some iron or something. The guys that take a shower when they get home from work, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, dirty jeans, work boots or cowboy boots, long sleeve shirts because they're outside yep.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Knife on their belt.
Speaker 3: Yep, because you might have to cut some wire or something.
Speaker 1: Yep. And here's what's funny. So I'm in there and I fit. I fit in just fine. Right, I'm manly with the rest of them. Okay, but there's one guy that did hold on.
Speaker 4: Were you manly in your suit that you wore earlier that morning before you left to drive home, because I think that removes you from the from the scene in a suit.
Speaker 1: No, I just had on a dress shirt and jeans, okay, all right, all right? And so anyway, there's one guy that's in there that I was looking at him, and I just if I have had any nerve, I mean, if I was a jerk, I would have walked up to him and got I bet you feel like the biggest woosy right now.
Speaker 2: He was a manbun guy.
Speaker 3: Oh no, in the barful of rips.
Speaker 1: Yep, you can't sitting there eating vegetables, had no.
Speaker 3: Meat had a barbecue joint.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had no meat on his plate.
Speaker 3: That alone is weird.
Speaker 1: He had the beard, he had the a tank top on with I counted four long beaded necklaces.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he had his Jerusalem Cruiser sandals on.
Speaker 3: Really you think he got there earlier. And then all the rips walked in for lunch and he was like, huh, one of these things just doesn't belong here.
Speaker 2: One of these things just isn't the same.
Speaker 3: And all the ris were cool, Yeah, cool, nobody cares.
Speaker 2: Nobody cares.
Speaker 3: Nobody cares.
Speaker 2: But it was just the I was very comfortable.
Speaker 1: There was just so much testosterone in there, just manly hood.
Speaker 3: You don't get a lot of that at home.
Speaker 1: No. And then woman that owned that joint talked to everybody, Oh, we got meat loaf today, don't good stand up of fae too, it goes. I get some of those green beans, they're really really good. Mashtatoes are good. Get them today.
Speaker 3: There's a delicious food it was.
Speaker 1: I got ribs and brisket and it was it was very very good.
Speaker 4: The ones out in the middle of nowhere normally are the ones that taste the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because yeah, they cook it right there.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: I love it, and they're serious about it.
Speaker 1: Was it was a lot of food, yeah, but I was starving and you can tell a lot of those guys that eat there every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably, But I just thought it was funny. It's good to know that there's still some manly men out there.
Speaker 3: Joint you know, you can get that's my dream.
Speaker 2: You can.
Speaker 1: You can hate on masculinity all you want, but you know what, every once in a while.
Speaker 2: You need it.
Speaker 4: You gotta have somebody to do the heavy lifting. Sometimes exactly