Speaker 1: Callaroga Shark Media.
Speaker 2: Hey air, I'm Johnny Mack with your daily comedy news. Good news, the comedy dearth is over. I've got plenty for the next few days, as I've been doing lately. On Friday, I like to take a look at the late night jokes. I've got to tip my cap to the writers of Jimmy Kimmelive. They've been teeing up Anthony Anderson with some great ones. But let's take a look at the week. Ronnie Chang on The Daily Show commented on the Epstein files and said, that's it. You're not releasing any more information. I've never been ghosted by a conspiracy before. Ronnie again. The Attorney General said the client list was on her desk. Let me guess your desk also hung itself. Runnie again. Pam Bondy was supposed to release the pedophile list. If we wanted an attorney general to cover up sex crimes, we would have stuck with Matt Gates. That's a great joke and same topic at this point. The only way we can learn who's a certified pedophiles if Kendrick Lamar makes a song about them.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Ouch. Anthony Anderson said Trump has been riding high after Congress passed his Big Beautiful Bill. This bill gives one hundred billion dollars to ICE, kick seventeen millions off their healthcare, and cuts food asistants for kids. At this point, the only bill that's effing more young people is Belichick. On the topic of Benjamin Netton Yahoo nominating Donald Trump for a Peace Prize, Ronnie Chang said, Yeah, Peace Prize nomination from Nettan Yahoo is very meaningful, right up there with a Husband of the Year nomination from O. J. Simpson. Anthony Anderson, Pope Leo is reportedly taking a six week vacation. Hold on, he's taking six weeks off? Who the hell's he think he is? Jimmy Kimmel, that's great? And one more from Anthony Anderson, who had a really good week at the White House. Today, President Trump met with leaders of five West African countries. Things got off to a rough start when he congratulated them on winning the NBA finals. Bill Burr is all upset about the AI generated music. Have you seen this thing? The quote unquote band The Velvet Sundown. I actually wrote about them on Monday on my sub stack link in the show notes. The Velvet Sundown is an AI project created using the Suno app. Bill Burr not happy about it. He said, these f in nerds have taken over the music industry. People can't even play instruments and computers and find thingg bands it don't exist writing songs and then they bots listen to them and they get like five hundred thousand views and then people think this is a real band and it isn't. What eff in world are we living in here? It's unbelievable, these fen people, they can't make enough money, wasn't enough to be screwing musicians the way they have unapologetically just fing them over. The 'shire existence of the music business. They've done nothing but absolutely bend over and f musicians. And if that isn't enough, now the other band they're writing music, This like Fleetwood Mac meets fucking Delec with just a dash of Brian Adams and then they just put it in the thing. It spits it out. Wait, so the AI comedians go along, Bill, you know that's coming. Sarah Sherman has signed on board with a new film project. She will store in the new Netflix film Roommates. You know that one that's the one they've been working on in New Jersey, where Adam Sandler has been seen. It also stars Natasha Leona Nick Kroll. Roommates centers on a budding friendship that turns sour when two college freshmen move in together. Also starring in the film famous actress Sadie Sandler. HBO Max. Wait, is that what we're calling you? I lost track? Yes, it's HBO Max. Now they just changed the name back this week. I'm not being coy. I just I started to read the copy and I was like, wait, what are they know? Yeah, but it's HBO Max. They announced a Big Bang Theory spinoff. It is called Stuart Fails to Save the Universe. Now, buckle up, this gets pretty complicated, but it sounds interesting. Chuck Lorie, creator of the franchise, said, Stuart Fails to Save the Universe, which we're already abbreviating as sft STU, which trips up my brain because it looks way too much like st FU, which means something else entirely sf T STU. We're not calling you that. Let's say, what can we call this thing? Stuart fails to Save the Universe. We could just call this Show Stuart now, because then you're going to think Daily Show, all right, fails to save the universe. Wow, John, you took one word off all right. I don't know we're calling this thing anyway. Chuck Laurie says it's trying to incorporate science fiction, fantasy, and comedy and will feature extensive CGI. STU is set in the future. See even that sounds like I'm reading like a CSI or a Law and Order spin off SFT STU set in the future after the events in Big Bang. In It, comic book store owner Stuart Bloom is tasked with restoring reality after he breaks a device built by Sheldon and Leonard, accidentally bringing about a multiverse armageddon. Apparently Sheldon and Leonard worked on this device after the end of the original series. Stewart is aided in his quest by his girlfriend Denise, his geologist friend Burt played by Brian Possain, and quantum physicists all around Pain in the Neck Barry. Along the way, they meet alternate universe versions of characters we've come to know and love from the Big Bang theory, and, as the title implies, things don't go well. I already forgot what this show is called I've said it five times, it's called Stuart fails to Save the Universe. Okay, so it's sliders. But the Big Bang Theory is that what I'm getting here? Chuck Lorie said, I wanted to do something radical that would take me out of my comfort zone, something that characters on The Big Bang Theory would have loved, hated and argued about. All right, that's fun, all right from the near post. I want to make sure I get this one right. This gets all kinds of convoluted. Apparently, Kamala Harris gave an interview before the election that was so quote confusing and weird that she and the host both agreed it shouldn't air. Apparently, Harris was on Subway Takes, an online series hosted by Kareem Rama where guests admit their favorite hot take. It was filmed in the summer of twenty twenty four. Rama told Forbes her take was really confusing and weird, not good, and so we mutually agreed we shouldn't publish it. All right, what could this possibly have been about world peace, the economy?
Speaker 4: Nope.
Speaker 2: Rama tells us her take was on bacon as a spice. Well, there's More, according to the story, Harris's team had told the producers that Kamala's hot take would have been taking a stand against removing her shoes when on an airplane, but when the interview started, Harris apparently surprised Rama with a different hot take, which was bacon is a spice. The New York Times apparently has the unpublished video, so this seems like it's real. Rama told Forbes her take was really confusing and weird, not good. Rama, who's Muslim and does not eat pork, responded, I don't know, or stubbles down and says, think about it. It's pure flavor. She explains how bits of cooked bacon could be used to enhansome meal like seasoning, said. Rama asked, could ease bee for turkey instead, and then paused the interview and said he doesn't eat bacon. He then asked if they could do the segment on taking shoes off on airplanes instead. Harris decided instead to declare her love for anchovies on pizza. After speaking to an advisor, wrapped it up and said, well, I'm one hundred percent I'm sure on both of those. The post says Harris's office did not immediately respond to request for comment. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is back out. Minor spoilers for the new season. I personally haven't seen the new season yet because I keep forgetting. I don't have cable TV right now. I got rid of it for the summer because I like to be outside and I don't watch all that much TV. I'll get it back come September so I can watch the football. So, yes, It's Always Sunny came out, but I'm like, oh, I gotta wait until they posted it to FX. Plus, the new College Football Game is out, so if I am in front of a TV, I'm going to playing the college football video game. I'll get to It's always funny anyway, Minor spoilers coming up. Charlie Day spoke to The Hollywood Reporter. He explained why episode one spoilers It Won't Kill You. Why episode one was the conclusion to the crossover with Abbott Elementary. Charlie explains, because their episode was the last time we saw our characters, we thought, let's just jump in with our version of it. Now. This is interesting. Charlie says it could possibly be the end after the already renewed season eighteen interesting. They talked about writing this season's season finale, and they asked Charlie did he think of it as a season finale in that sense? Charlie said, I mean it, I did. I mean, I knew there was an offer for season eighteen as well, and I knew that we'd all discussed likely wanting to do it. But I personally went into the writer's room last year as if it was my last chance to be in the writer's room. Fortunately, I think we're lining up everybody and we're going to come back for season eighteen. Beyond season eighteen, I don't know, it could quite possibly be the end, but I think there was something about writing this season and having David and John chernback in the writer's room, and having Robert Zelle and David Hornsby in a little bit of the old gang back, and then having some of the episodes work so well was exciting in a way that reinvigorated everybody. So we'll see how long we can keep it going. But one season is but one season at a time, The Hollow Reporter said. Recently, on social media, people were sharing the new messaging that comes up before watching Rush Hour. I talked about that this week, I think yesterday blah blah blah. Do you think your show's aged well, Charlie said, I think for the most part, it's age really well. From the beginning. We always set out to make a show that was satirizing bad people behaving badly, And when your intention is to highlight the bad behavior and comment on it, that's sort of an evergreen message. In terms of a disclaimer before an episode, I'm neither four or against it. I think it's better than just getting rid of, say rush hour. Let people make up their own minds. By the way, we've always had a disclaimer before episodes. It's always said, hey, this is TVMA or X or whatever, lookout, watch out. But the thing that really mystifies me in our culture is how completely accepting we are of extreme violence in our content. People getting shot and killed and murdered horrific ways. But a couple of dirty, little naughty jokes seemed to really throw everybody from a loop on gossip Corner. I guess whose name I'm gonna drop. That's right, Pete Davidson once again TMZ saying Pete and his girlfriend Elise Hewett apparently had a nice fourth of July, Elise posted some Instagram snaps seventeen photos, some of which show off what TMZ refers to as her toned bikini body. Apparently Pete and Elise are living together. Good luck to the couple. The laugh Out Loveland Comedy Festival is back for its third year. Friend of the show Dan Bubletz Junior putting this one together to downtown Loveland July thirty first through August third. Laughout Loveland dot com for the info. It'll bring thirty comedians from across the country to perform at various venues. Dan says every year the festival grows. This year is no exception. In our first year we had seven shows with six headliners. This year we have nine headliners and ten shows. Headliners for this year's festival include Andrew Overdaal Hayden, Crystal Movida, Al Gaviy, Mike Stanley, and Matt Cobos. Festival feature some of Colorado's up and coming comedians along with comedians from across the country. We'll take a look at that as it gets a little closer, but that's a solid festival out today. Greg warrens The champ as an audio album. I'm always in favor of audio releases for comedians. So nice job, Greg Warren the champ, and that is your comedy news for today. Like I said, the comedy diarth is over. I got plenty for the weekend. So if you're a new listener, hit follow. And if you're an existing listener who would like the program without commercial interruption or feed drops or the other stuff, five bucks a month callirag dot com slash plus. If you're an Apple podcast, click the banner that says uninterrupted listening and you get this show and a bunch of others on the network, including five Good News Stories, which I hosted. It's great ways to support the show. It's just five bucks, it's less than your coffee. Why wouldn't you? All right, see you tomorrow and now stick around for this interview our sister.
Speaker 3: I'm going to bring forward and yours and give it to you now. And he said, oh wow, that's great, thank you. That's so generous of you, Carl, that's great. But his wife, my sister in law, went ballistic. She said, this is too much money, this is wrong. I don't want anything to do with and stormed out of the room. And I thought, well, that's not what I expected. Oh my god. So I realized from that that this was not an easy thing to do. So I learned a lesson from that, and I knew that I had to do this authentically to do it right, otherwise it was not.
Speaker 1: Going to work. So that happened.
Speaker 3: And then the third thing that happened was that I was looking at my financial statements and I had more money there than I was really using.
Speaker 1: It was sitting there.
Speaker 3: I mean, it was growing, making profits and so forth, but it wasn't being used. I wasn't using it for me. I wasn't using it for things that I really cared about, not for my people. So I thought, well, if I have all this money now, why should I wait until I die? Why don't I bring it forward? And then, you know, it was a long process for me to come around to that, but that's what finally started this, and I said, well, I'll do it.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: Let's back up just a bit. Tell us a little bit about your new book. What is the Happiness Experiment.
Speaker 3: Well, this is a recording of the real events with real people who I decided that I would bring forward the inheritance the money I had for them in my will and made it a prequest, so it was a chunk of money that they were going to get. Well they were still young enough to enjoy it, and I was still alive to see it happening. So I saw what they were doing. So when I sat down with them, I talked about money and happiness and how one can cognect. And I said, look, I'm going to bring this forward to and give it to you, but what I want from you is a plan so you use this money, so it's really a big benefit for you. I don't want this to overwhelm you. And they said what kind of plan? I said, I want a happiness plan, and they said, a happiness plan?
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 3: So so you know, nobody has seems to have a happiness plan, but it's one of the most important plans you can get, and it doesn't have to be very complex. What is it that makes you happy? What values do you want to pursue? You know, what goals and dreams do you have, and you can pursue them. And so I got them to write a happiness plan. And then when I saw the plan, I gave them all the money all at one time, and so then they took it and I watched them with their plan. I saw all their plans, what they did and how they became happier, and so you know, that had to be written about so because I wanted other people or to see what they did so they too could do the same thing.
Speaker 4: Which prequest is the most unique one you've come across.
Speaker 3: Well, it was a very very painful and sad story because two dear friends of mine had a beloved daughter and she was hit head on by a drunk driver and killed. She happened to be eight months pregnant at the time, so that killed the granddaughter too, and also their daughter. They were totally totally wiped out, devastated, and they died emotionally. They had decided that they could never be happy again. They would be wrong to be happy. They didn't deserve to be happy because their darling daughter had been killed. Tremendously painful, awful, awful story. So they were grieving six years later, and I met with them and I told them how much they had added to my life and how much I was so grateful to them, and that I'm I wanted to express the gratitude, and I put them in my will and they could accept that and I said, but I want you to have it now, and they said, oh no, no, we can't accept it. They turned it down. They turned it down. Well, we worked and I said, look, I'm leaving it open. So several months later, I think his wife persuaded him to do it. Actually, you know, and you know, so they said, okay, we'll do it because I said, we're going to wait until you die, why not do it now?
Speaker 1: And they did that.
Speaker 3: And it wasn't the money, interesting life, they said, it was the coaching that made the big difference, that changed their mind their mindset from being so negative. You know, we'll never be happy again. We don't deserve to be happy. And the coach turned there thinking their mindset around and said, look, you know it can be. You can be happy again. And they started to get the mindset of happy people. And now you cannot believe what these people they're traveling all over the world. They're in Tahiti right now, they climbed Killimungarrett. These people are loving life. And it was a major change. That is one of the most heart felt, wonderful results of the And in a sense, she said, the wife said, this prequest changed or saved my life. Because we were no longer living, we were dead, and this brought us back to life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean dealing with grief and many of us have I have. You know, when you're in those depths, it's really it can be really difficult to find your way out of it. And you know, often it looks like there isn't a way out of it, and you know, sometimes you want to map, right, and it looks like this concept could be a good map for you. If that sounds like it was for these folks. I always like to end interviews by asking, is there anything that I didn't ask that I should have?
Speaker 3: How can my listeners benefit from this book? What should they do? What would be good for them? And so I'll answer that question. First off, think about happiness, Think about being happiness. Do you you deserve to be happy? And you can be happy, but you have to make it as a choice. I'm going to increase my happiness just that if you make that realistically, I want to and I'm going to increase my happiness that choice. And then talk to people about it. Talk to a husband or wife or a girlfriend or a friend, a therapist or coach, talk to somebody about it and say Look, I'm made the decision that I want to be happier, and I'm like you to help me create a happiness plan and then work on it. And it's not that hard, but it is challenging, but it's a wonderful exercise. And if they do it, I guarantee they will increase their happiness.
Speaker 1: I guarantee it.
Speaker 4: Carl Barney is the author and the book is called The Happiness Experiments, A Revolutionary Way to Increase Happiness. Carl, where could people find the book?
Speaker 3: Wherever books are sold, And it's now available for pre order from Amazon and they can go to the Happiness Experiment dot com and they can pre order it there, and I hope they will.
Speaker 4: Carl, thanks so much of the time. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you, Dan, it's been fun. Our sister. I'm going to bring forward and yours and give it to you now. And he said, oh wow, that's great. Thank you. That's so generous of you. Carl, that's great. But his wife, my sister in law, went ballistic. She said, this is too much money, this is wrong. I don't want anything to do with and stormed out of the room. And I thought, well, that's not what I expected. Oh my god. So I realized from that that this was not an easy thing to do. So I learned a lesson from that, and I knew that I had to do this authentically. I had to do it right, otherwise it was not.
Speaker 1: Going to work. So that happened.
Speaker 3: And then the third thing that happened was that I was looking at my financial statements and I had more money there than I was really using.
Speaker 1: It was sitting there.
Speaker 3: I mean, it was growing, making profits and so forth, but it wasn't being used. I wasn't using it for me. I wasn't using it for things that I really cared about, not for my people. So I thought, well, if I have all this money now, why should I wait until I die?
Speaker 1: Why don't I bring it forward?
Speaker 3: And then, you know, it was a long process for me to come around to that, but that's what finally started this, and I said, well, I'll do it.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: Let's back up just a bit. Tell us a little bit about your new book. What is the Happiness Experiment.
Speaker 3: Well, this is a recording of the real events with real people who I decided that I would bring forward the inheritance the money I had for them in my will and made it a prequest, so it was a chunk of money that they were going to get. Well they were still young enough to enjoy it, and I was still alive to see it happening.
Speaker 1: So I saw what they were doing. So when I.
Speaker 3: Sat down with them, I talked about money and happiness and how one can magnect and I said, look, I'm going to bring this forward to give it to you, but what I want from you is a plan so you use this money, so it's really a big benefit for you. I don't want this to overwhelm you. And they said what kind of plan? I said, I want a happiness plan, and they said, a happiness plan?
Speaker 1: What's that? So so you know, nobody.
Speaker 3: Has seems to have a happiness plan, but it's one of the most important plans you can get, and it doesn't have to be very complex. What is it that makes you happy? What values do you want to pursue? You know, what goals and dreams do you have, and you can pursue them. And so I got them to write a happiness plan. And then when I saw the plan, I gave them all the money all at one time, and so then they took it and I watched them with their plan. I saw all their plans, what they did and how they became happier, and so you know, that had to be written about so because I wanted other people to see what they did, so they too could do the same thing.
Speaker 4: Which prequest is the most unique one you've come across.
Speaker 3: Well, it was a very very painful and sad story because two dear friends of mine had a beloved daughter and she was hit head on by a drunk driver and killed. She happened to be eight months pregnant at the time, so that killed the granddaughter too, and also their daughter. They were totally totally wiped out, devastated, and they died emotionally. They had decided that they could never be happy again. They would be wrong to be happy. They didn't deserve to be happy because their darling daughter had been killed. Tremendously painful, awful, awful story. So they were grieving six years later and I met with them and I told them how much they had added to my life and how much I was so grateful to them, and that I wanted to express the gratitude, and I put them in my will and they could accept that, And I said, but I want you to have it now, and they said, oh no, no, we can't accept it. They turned it down. They turned it down. Well, we worked and I said, look, I'm leaving it open. So several months later, I think his wife persuaded him to do it. Actually, you know, and so they said, okay, we'll do it. Because I said we're going to wait until you die, why not do it now.
Speaker 1: And they did that.
Speaker 3: And it wasn't the money, interesting life, they said, it was the coaching that made the big difference, that changed their mind their mindset from being so negative. You know, we'll never be happy again. We don't deserve to be happy. And the coach turned there thinking their mindset around and said, look, you know it can be. You can be happy again. And they started to get the mindset of happy people. And now you cannot believe what these people they're traveling all over the world. They're in Tahiti right now, they climbed Kiliman Garrett. These people are loving life. And it was a major change. That is one of the most heartfelt, wonderful results of the And in a sense, she said, the wife said, this prequest changed or saved my life because we were no longer living, we were dead and this brought us back to life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean dealing with grief and many of us have I have. You know, when you're in those depths, it's really it can be really difficult to find your way out of it. And you know, often it looks like there isn't a way out of it, and you know, sometimes you want to map, right, and it looks like this concept could be a good map for you. If that sounds like it was for these folks. I always like to end interviews by asking is there anything that I didn't ask that I should have?
Speaker 3: How can my listeners benefit from this book?
Speaker 1: What should they do?
Speaker 3: What would be good for them? And so I'll answer that question. First off, think about happiness, Think about being happiness. Do you deserve to be happy? And you can be happy, but you have to make it as a choice. I'm going to increase my happiness just that if you make that realistically, I want to and I'm going to increase my happiness that choice, and then talk to people about it. Talk to a husband or wife or a girlfriend or a friend, a therapist or coach, talk to somebody about it and say, look, I'm made the decision that I want to be happier, and I'm like you to help me create a happiness plan and.
Speaker 1: Then work on it.
Speaker 3: And it's not that hard, but it is challenging, but it's a wonderful exercise. And if they do it, I guarantee they will increase their happiness.
Speaker 1: I guarantee it.
Speaker 4: Carl Barney is the author and the book is called The Happiness Experiments, A Revolutionary Way to Increase Happiness. Carl, where can people find the book?
Speaker 1: Wherever books are sold?
Speaker 3: And it's now available for pre order from Amazon, and they can go to the Happiness Experiment dot com and they can pre order it there and I hope they will.
Speaker 4: Carl, thanks so much of the time. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, Dan. It's been fun.