Speaker 1: Welcome to Jeff Jeff's Bizarre Adventure.
Speaker 2: I am here with the most exciting, breakneck speed, action packed anime podcast of all time.
Speaker 3: I am here with three of them, and I have no problem saying this.
Speaker 2: Craziest co hosts you have ever heard on an anime podcast.
Speaker 1: To my right, it's Lucy James Games.
Speaker 4: Oh Jod, I'm sorry, but I'm so tired.
Speaker 2: Ignore folks. He's just trying to restrain the insanity. To my left, it's the Madman the Werewolf to Morrissey.
Speaker 5: Wow, you called me a wo wolf because I'm Harry and Brown. I hate that shit.
Speaker 1: That was exactly the reason tomorrow are moving on it is.
Speaker 2: We call him the flame thrower because he's spitting hot words.
Speaker 3: It's Jeck Beckler.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm the Flamethrower. Everyone knows that. They've been calling me that for twenty years now. Ever since I've been using a microphone. Nothing but fire and lava and flame coming out of this gullet. Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for that powerful introduction. Mister Wolf.
Speaker 4: Appreciate the flamethrower because he singed all his hair off.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't need to hear the bald shit from you, and like everyone under twelve in my life. Okay, Like someone said to me the other day, like, why don't you just grow it back? Like that's an option or something like that, and I was just like, fuck you, little kid. You know, I don't care. I don't care who you are, a little kid stranger.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: That's why you can't go back to the school to pick up your son.
Speaker 1: I if I wear a hat and glasses, they don't know.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, I can't struggle with object permanence.
Speaker 1: They do. They don't know anything unless it's in Fortnite. John, Thank you for that intro again, powerful stuff. Thank you.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be That's everything I got. Yeah, I'm probably for the rest of.
Speaker 1: It's all downhill from here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That I really threw it all up front there, Meeter burned. So you guys are kind of on your own for this one.
Speaker 1: Is that cool?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's cool because I'm excited to talk about this fucking show way okay.
Speaker 3: Okay, before Jeff, hang on, hang on, hang on, before before we dive into berserk, I need to talk to to More and Lucy about their recent trip to Japan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, would you get me is that big huh.
Speaker 5: No, I'm gonna be honest. I didn't buy anything that wasn't clothing.
Speaker 1: I did give me like a cool Japanese T shirt company like shirt.
Speaker 5: I did actually get you a T shirt and I got as well.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yay, thanks damn.
Speaker 5: Nico just happened to be doing a bersert collection.
Speaker 1: No way, I don't know that. Really come to love this show?
Speaker 4: Show?
Speaker 1: Well, there's I'm doing something with this show. I certainly have a relationship with it, I guess. I'll say.
Speaker 4: I was trying to find some jojo stuff the only right God. I was in a bunch of stores. I kept asking for jojo stuff. They never had it. I've got fucking beef with one piece, man, All they had was.
Speaker 3: No I do.
Speaker 4: I was so annoyed, Like every shop all they had was one piece. Like I went to I was in oh Shimo because she what was the this is like a thrifting neighborhood. And they had one of those b side stickers doors. And I went in and I said, I was like trying to say, in very broken Japanese, do you have any berserk stuff? Did not? She did not get it when I said berserk. So I was like, gutsu and she went, oh, yeah, yeah, I love that.
Speaker 1: No, honey, A forigner says she's about to go berserk.
Speaker 4: And then I said, and then I said, do you have any JoJo's bizarre adventure stuff? Doo love doo?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: And then she literally points me to a whole wall. It's just one piece And that was the same thing every store that I fucking went into. So I got beef with one piece.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't understand is so so I get like there's a there's a language barrier there, but like, is it you saying the word berserk in Japan gets you nothing?
Speaker 5: I mean number of factors, Like firstly, berserk isn't super super like current unpopular if you know, sure, it's not old, and like you unless you're paying attention to manga, you don't really know what's going on, you know, thank got it?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: It's also can you get mainstream availability? You know, like there's not guts figures everywhere? And also it could be a language barier thing.
Speaker 3: The Japanese retailer anime stuff is generally there's there's one thing that is super super in vogue, and then like a lot of things that are kind of like, you know, also like kind of mildly in vogue. But one piece is different. One piece is evergreen.
Speaker 1: One piece.
Speaker 3: Sure, I get it.
Speaker 1: It is the of Japan. It is eternal.
Speaker 4: No, dude, the fucking Peanuts is the is the Simpsons of Japan.
Speaker 3: Snoopy, oh, Snoopy massive?
Speaker 4: Really Yeah, I mean look at this. I'm wearing a new Peanuts hoodie. I've got my new Snoopy moment.
Speaker 5: Dude. They were doing Uniclor was also doing a Peanuts collaboration.
Speaker 4: Peanuts Peanuts us doing a Peanuts collabor for the last twenty years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's puzzling to me, right there, Like cute little lads.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they has I think summed it up perfectly. They do love cute little luds in Japan.
Speaker 1: Right, but they're also like sort of you know, crude, crudely drawn and shut up.
Speaker 5: What you're talking about. What's the name of that Japanese character, that little snot nosed kid who looks like he's drawn in one stroke of a pencil. Yeah, Shin John, I.
Speaker 1: Don't like I get it. I get it. The branding for Peanuts is better than the material, Like I get it.
Speaker 4: Little boy in a cute Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry you ever try you ever try and like show a kid a Charlie Brown, especially freaking boring and mindlessly terrible like it all is.
Speaker 4: I'm discovering that into it.
Speaker 1: It's it's not it has nothing to do with the material. It is just like the vibe of Peanuts I think has like Q characters put John, Yeah, yeah, it's it's trappings around it.
Speaker 3: I said, yeah, I thought you said you something something, John, And I was like, what.
Speaker 1: No, No, the way you put it, John, the way they like cute little lads, Well that was time. That was Tim. I concurred with Tim. I conflate all your accents anyway, Look.
Speaker 4: John, John, I'm surprised.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised.
Speaker 3: Okay, look I'm gonna I don't care about this is what.
Speaker 4: John cares about. I went to the muscle Mummy's bar and I got lifted up by one of them. Do you know what this is, Jeff, search for muscle girls bar muscle girls?
Speaker 1: Okay, what I know that is? Of course I do.
Speaker 4: And then if you pay them, if you give them muscle dollars, they'll slap.
Speaker 5: You micro transactions.
Speaker 1: I don't like this.
Speaker 4: Oh no, it was incredible. It was very empowering.
Speaker 1: I'm scared.
Speaker 4: They why are you scared?
Speaker 1: Because you get paid to get you get paid to get beat up.
Speaker 4: Everyone everyone who did it loved it.
Speaker 1: Only if that's your choice, yeah, okay, okay, if how you're.
Speaker 5: Like, you get paid to beat up. And it's like, isn't it like the most baseline common kink at this point on the Internet.
Speaker 1: It's just like, all right, well, I guess it's like entry level s and m sort of stuff. Okay, fine, this is cool, great, I would go here.
Speaker 4: They also had a thing where some of them did pole dancing too, and so they would like to start at the top of the pole and you would lie on the ground and they would like fall and land a couple of inches from.
Speaker 3: Okay, damn dance from Amica.
Speaker 5: It's like what it sounds like, this is Meka behavior moves, you know, it's like that that she has.
Speaker 3: I've seen, I've seen the buttstump, and but I would be a little scared for to do the buttstomp thing, because like they're their ass is like stopping inches from your face, and I just think the potential to go wrong is very no. Do you get it? You get it great, Jeff Jefs not that it's like my it's like my life goal to go to this bar. We're not the same in this regard.
Speaker 1: No, I like, John, fine, I'll go there with you.
Speaker 3: John, that they followed I would get Wait what.
Speaker 4: No, I d MD you about it because I saw that you followed them on the inst.
Speaker 3: I thought you said, I saw I. Yeah, I thought you said. I saw that they followed you. And I was like, but yeah, you got right there?
Speaker 4: Did you not know that?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 4: So they stream it on Twitch and unfortunately you could see us in the background. Oh yeah, I because we were sat right opposite the camera. But then it was weird because I did log on and there was a bunch of kind of parasocial ship going on about the about the things. They were like, oh, this is X person from the kitchen. This is why you know.
Speaker 3: Like you're surprised. Yeah, that that is definitely not surprising to me. A. Yeah, yeah, parasocial stuff, you know what. Never mind, never mind, I am delighted. I am delighted that you had a good time at this this bar, Lucy. I do know that I'd pay them to slap me either. I don't think that's quite it.
Speaker 4: They had I I had one of them give me like a honeymoon carry, which was nice. It was like an officer and a gentleman.
Speaker 1: And was and was it like? Was it like lucy?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I felt so safe. No, no, she she threw me in the air and then called me.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: It's such a great time, so Jeff. And it's also all you can drink for eighty minutes.
Speaker 1: Oh that oh my god?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's all you can drink.
Speaker 1: Is happening.
Speaker 4: They give you a shot of protein shake. Yeah, if not just for the protein.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fine. Yes, John, it would be lovely to visit this place with you.
Speaker 5: It's it's it's just.
Speaker 1: You know, a logistical challenge. What do you mean it being in Japan and you being where you are and me being where I am and we're kind of spread across this this old plant chief.
Speaker 3: Oh totally.
Speaker 1: Look, I will get to Japan before I die, as far as I'm aware, that would be. That would be great. Yeah, I really do. I was supposed to go for my fortieth and you know, COVID and what have you.
Speaker 3: But yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 4: Let's take this anime podcast on the road.
Speaker 1: Oh gee, anyway, I was talking about, oh god, Berserk. Okay, Jeff, you seem to be having all.
Speaker 3: Kinds of feelings about Berserk, So I'm just going to give you the floor here for a second, and.
Speaker 1: You just think, go off, thanks, John King. I you know, just like when you listen to a new album, it takes a couple of sort of like listen throughs before you understand like the energy of the of the piece as a whole, and you're like, you're like, oh, Okay, these are the sort of mental touchstones that I'm that are registering with me. I understand this album. I get it, I see where it's going, and I now like associate themes and feelings with it. And I think that's like the sort of spot I'm entering with Berserk, because you know, the first two episodes, I'm just like, what is this? What are we doing with this snake face demon man? And and like you know, it sort of like pops you into a story that doesn't really pad the narrative exposition that you kind of need to understand what's really at play, and episode we got to understand some of the personal interpersonal workings between Guts and Griffith and uh Casca and uh you know, guessing all these guys. Right. So, now I hit the point where I'm watching episodes five and six and I'm just like, there's there's themes that are starting to pop up recurring. I'm just like, is this show is this? Is this?
Speaker 5: Is this?
Speaker 1: Like? Is this show gay? Like? Is this just like gay lads? Like time we did? But but they really man this episode. I really thought we were going for it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Also that's that's where you were going.
Speaker 1: No, I'm enjoying it, like it is captivating me. It is capturing my attention, and I'm like in it as much as I dislike fantasy for the most part, where I'm just like lower the rings and like Game of Thrones and all that ship, I'm just like, Okay, you've got swords and horses. I just I can't like it's it's it's just not the thing I like I'm immediately attracted to in terms of like I.
Speaker 3: Just of Jeff putting down the Last Game of Thrones book, putting it off to the side and being like, yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: Swords and horses look like, you know, come on, look, I enjoyed most of Game of Thrones. I'm not gonna say I very much like tuned in every week. It's very very strong for the most part. Okay, very strong. Yeah, the last the last season was real bad. It was bad. Everyone knows it's bad. If you think it wasn't bad, you're you're just wrong anyway. What so like you know, I'm just I'm starting to like merge onto the road of understanding with Berserk, where like it is there's that is that is the set dressing, that is the environment, that is what you must submerge yourself inside of. And then there's this other part of it where it's just like, oh my god, are these guys are gonna fuck?
Speaker 3: Are ready or what?
Speaker 1: Because they like, if they don't fuck, I think they like, we are missing, we are being let down, like they the sexual tension between these two already is so red hot. Like if they're not like I guess that's what I'm saying, the show's the show winds up not being gay. I'm gonna be so pissed.
Speaker 5: I think I think we have to watch you or on Ice next.
Speaker 1: Jeff.
Speaker 3: I'm just like, I'm going to introduce you to some very like minded and supported ladies who you're gonna be able to have amazing conversations with.
Speaker 1: It's just it's like, you know again, like it's just there's there's just so much unspoken tension in this show. It's so funny. It's funny. I think I'm enjoying it.
Speaker 4: So I watched it on the plane yesterday and I got to plan. I was talking to my friend Max and I said, Oh, these two episodes, I feel like you're really getting into what Berserk is and what Berserk is going to become. It's really like, no, but I've never I've never seen the anime. So I was like, oh, I'm really and I generally said to Max, I was like, I'm really excited to see what Jeff takes from these two episodes. You know, we we've got Zard. I didn't expect it, this would be.
Speaker 3: Well, now, I don't think anything you are picking up on nosccurate.
Speaker 4: But I'm amazing. I'm amazing naked the naked What a fight was not?
Speaker 5: I think that faculized prime to look for that, given that we watch mostly Jojo, like, I feel like his censor for gay slash camp is already attuned, super super you know, astute liso when any of it shows up in anime.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's sliders all the way up. Let's let's let's let's put it that way. But like you know, they in the in the episode five here, they're like, hey, it's been it's been three years. You know, these two they always got each other's backs. They're not going anywhere without each other. Hey, I'm gonna I'm gonna fucking die for you right now, motherfucker you hear me? You I love Yes, it is, but we're not in battle. You know this is yet yet? Right yet? Man? This show huh three years? And then and then in episode five there's like an amazing almost like nineties dance breakdown. Uh, Like there's like nineties dance music at one point in this show, and I'm just like, it's kind of it's kind of fucking rules. Yeah, there's like a whole there's a whole music breakdown in this episode, and they're like it just it's there is. Yeah, you're looking at me like I'm crazy.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, I'm jeff, I'm I'm I'm I'm enjoyed. I'm enjoying this.
Speaker 1: This is great I'm glad that, you know. And it's like almost like a trance nineties kind of like dance flow going on, and they're all and like and now they're like promoted. They're not just like throwaway like merks. They're like this promoted army and they're all like, oh, we're a big time now. This is the show. We made the show we're now just we're not just fighting for hire. We're fighting for like a dynasty. We've made it. We're real ass soldiers now with badges and IDs. We can get into the building now, we could get into the castle now without having to make a phone call.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, it's interesting, Jeff, because I think kind of one of the things we're picking up on is Brazik is like a great story for progression in terms of like, oh, things are moving forward. We are not stuck in like holding patterns. Every character is like growing or changing. It's interesting. Except for the kids. There's like a kid in the army who's like perpetually like a fourteen year old kid who's just sort of.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, I hope it I'm die in this battle. It's like okay, yeah, you know, he definitely grows up in fairness. I'm gonna need this little boy to exit the army. I'm uncomfortable with this boy fighting. But yeah, no, I was listening to Next Slander's their stream Austin Walker and his game Realis and which is really really cool. It's like a role playing game that's kind of like really heavily narrative elements built into it, and there's a part of it where it's like a character sentences like I am you know, I always win the fight, and then when it levels up, you can add like a qualifier to that sentence, like I always win the fight if my friend is in danger or something like that. And it was interested to hearing sight Berserk as like that's kind of was a part of it, because the characters in Berserk start off as very like kind of building blockie, like very basic, and then as it goes on, they get more nuanced and complex. And I think you are at the very very beginning of that journey, Jeff. And like even in this episode, you know, you see Goods actually has like a relationship with people. Now we've we've jumped forward three years Battlefield and he has genuine concern for his men.
Speaker 3: He doesn't just want to kill. He doesn't just want to fight. He's very clearly like affectionate towards his men, which when you think of where we left off in the last episode where the fucking idiot wouldn't even drink with people, you just want to sit on his batman perch and be sad. Yeah, he has changed a lot already.
Speaker 4: Mean he has, he's got that that's growth, that's growths.
Speaker 1: He's he's changed, and I've noticed that, like you know, we obviously there there's there's not like a softness to him. I don't think he's soft, but I think he's Like it is kind of amazing thing that they do skip three years between episode four and five, presumably, right, that's like kind of what they do. And he's like he's still this like bad ass, uh general or the second in command in Griffith's army right in the band of the Hawk, Right, is that what it is? It's called technically cass second command, like the raid commander or something. Yeah, Yeah, he's a ship a lot. He's in the ship.
Speaker 4: What do you think of What do you think of Caskar at this point?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think she's still a little too undefined.
Speaker 4: For me she has about her relationship with Griffith.
Speaker 1: I think she has a I think I think her sort of motive is a little under undercooked for me just just yet. I think that needs a little leans, a few more hours in the oven to keep the cooking analogy going. And I'm sure we'll see that. No, No, well, I think we're good at there. Uh and yeah, I'm again like, if I'm being perfectly honest, I'm not. I'm not compelled by her, by the by the dimension that she maybe is meant to add to all these uh sort of machinations at the moment. I'm sure we'll get there with her, But right now, I so far is frustrated by Guts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, me after some milk, a.
Speaker 1: Lot of like, yeah, a lot of like rolling eyes from Casco over Guts of Shenanigans. Yeah, I got it.
Speaker 3: And so you know, we get the scene where Guts gets off his horse and his man are literally like, holy shit, you're back.
Speaker 1: We love you.
Speaker 3: They're like a bunch of little happy dogs to see him again. It's totally that feeling, and it's like, man, but that's one person who ain't too.
Speaker 1: Happy with him, and it's Casco.
Speaker 3: And Kaska is immediately like, you disobeyed orders again, You endangered your man again?
Speaker 1: What is your fucking problem? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, the dynamic there is starting to emerge between them as well, because we know Caska has been frustrated with him, but now there's like a a hint of jealousy there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, so okay, I think that jealousy has been there for a minute.
Speaker 3: But yes, I agree, you're pitfish on some romantic tension between Guts and Griffith. How does cast How do you think Kaska fits into all that?
Speaker 1: Well, like I said, I I don't think. I don't think I can definitively say one way or the other. I think, like I said, I think her whole motive is a bit blurry and undefined at the moment. I think there's some kind of jealousy going on. They certainly hint at it, but I don't think it is tangible in a way. Then I feel like I've got a firm grip on what's going on with Guts and Griffith. Okay, okay, cool.
Speaker 3: And I really love all these I love all the little scenes of Kaska and Guts like arguing and like this one bit where like she reaches up and like he is just this Frankenstein of a man, and she just like reaches up and grabs grabs his scarf, and it's like, hmm, I just very much enjoy any any scene with these two. I think they they and he's just like, oh what I fucking doing it, and like it's just it's great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you just put it in the discord. I'm I love that little dynamic.
Speaker 1: They're so brilliant. I love them.
Speaker 3: And like Guts gets pits pissed off and he like grabs her back and he's like, well, you fucking I'm not that guy anymore, and like he's annoyed that Kaska keeps seeing him as this irresponse asshole, and it's.
Speaker 5: Also telling that he cares what someone else thinks about him, Yeah, which is yes difference.
Speaker 1: That's that's a change in his personality for sure.
Speaker 3: And Griffith shows up and and and breaks up the the sibling like fight happening here, and for a second there's nearly a feeling like Dad's home. It's like I can't fight anymore, and yeah, Griffith is and and Caskas says to Griffith, like you're too You're too soft on him. It's like, goddamn Caske goes outside where immediately we meet the boy. It's caucus.
Speaker 1: It's me Caucus. Yes, I'm still a sniveling little ship giving you my opinions that I don't do ship. I just watched the battle and just snivel in the corner while my friends and comrades die beneath me.
Speaker 3: Jeff corcus Is is painting a picture, a mean spirited picture of goods. What would that sound like? I mean, he's like, he's doing a mean cartoon of guts with like stink lines and guts like looks a little weird in it.
Speaker 1: He said, he's narrating. Yes, yes he is. What a weird probmt? What strange?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I get it.
Speaker 1: I understand the game is like, okay, great, Well I've got this stink faced little ship in the corner here, and just you know what, he hasn't showered in days, so perhaps a little more stink lines coming from his stupid fucking face and his stupid fucking haircut. God, I hate guts. What a stinky little bitch. That's right, I said it a stinky bitch.
Speaker 3: And you didn't want to go with the prompt jef No, No, it's.
Speaker 1: Fine, it's fine. He's just like you, just seem like. But first off, paint Spot gets my horse right next to him, next to the stinky bitch who's smelling him my horses ass on guts. I love it. Oh my god, Corcus needs a spin off. I'm sure this guy's gonna get fucking murked in the next couple episodes. There's no way Corcus survives. There's just no way. There's just no way.
Speaker 5: Imagine he becomes the main character.
Speaker 1: That would be the ultimate fucking miss, the ultimate swinging miss.
Speaker 5: For me.
Speaker 1: It's fine. I'm only an anime expert. I'm not an anime professor.
Speaker 3: Ye, and Caskus steps on Corcaus's boot and he falls down in the most insane of ways. His leg just like shoots off into the sky and he tumbles backwards.
Speaker 1: His body forgot he was on stairs.
Speaker 4: Like rewind it to figure out how the fellows.
Speaker 1: So dumb, and they draw it like he like he fucking they animated like he falls on the floor, but it's he's on stairs. It's just such. It's a weird thing, Okay, Corcus, whatever you want. Gravity doesn't affect you. That's fine.
Speaker 3: We get a little scene and Guts is basically just like Griffith, I am different and it's like, oh.
Speaker 1: Is that yep?
Speaker 3: Not Not only is it important for Guts what other people think, but he needs them to know he's trying. And again it's like, man, that is that is very very different from how this was.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Gross.
Speaker 1: We they get a little.
Speaker 3: Scene in uh, we get a little scene in front of like the I guess the nobles who have hired the Band of Hawk to do something. And Tom, you know you were saying last episode about how every couple of drawings Caska's head is like a different shape, find out different shape. I think sometimes they really nail it, and sometimes sometimes like you just get really there's a front on shadow Casca here, and like half her face is covered in shadow, and it's just a really like gorgeous nineties Ani major.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think you're gonna give you know, have you seen those Instagram accounts that are just dedicated to Simpsons smear frames?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Which so good favorite.
Speaker 5: I don't think there's very many smear frames in anime. Thankfully. There's that one legendary n fight between Pain and it's just it's like a three minute smear frame.
Speaker 3: It's so funny.
Speaker 5: It's got my favorite it's got my favorite anime on it. I'm gonna find it and put it in the chat. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like those accounts. They're neat. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I also like when you see the Simpsons front on too, because I feel like I'm seeing something that I'm not supposed to say.
Speaker 1: You know that, you know that?
Speaker 4: Wait? Can you can you make that face again?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm ready.
Speaker 1: Putting that one and all bank there.
Speaker 6: Okay, what a cool what a cool wolf face?
Speaker 1: That is? All right? Cool guy.
Speaker 3: So we get this scene where basically they're all receiving praise from the nobles for succeeding in their latest battle, and we basically meet Corcus two point zero, this whole noble who everything that the Hawk do. He's like, hmmm, I don't know if we should be allowing these kinds of people do obbiting.
Speaker 1: Beneath us.
Speaker 5: Can we get a caucus too?
Speaker 1: Oh? He's but John's got it right. He's like high faluting.
Speaker 5: Right, caucus sounds high foloting, that's the problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But he's more like these these these like nobles don't deserve the ground, we walk on that kind of thing where he's like yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: We cut back and like these nobles are concerned that Griffith is rising too high because this ceremony is to like basically nike Griffith to make him an official part of this this kingdom.
Speaker 5: And this good by a larger corporation is a startup.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's exactly what's just happened, and everyone's happening. He's a car, he's just a cop now except for two point oh who's kind of given it this?
Speaker 5: Yeah, like oh.
Speaker 4: That's a good that's a good menacing slow clap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he's he's really really not happy. But who tell you someone who misses all this? It's goods gouts. He got no time for this kind of ship. He is outside training his sword arm, swinging his sword with logs tied to it.
Speaker 1: That's right, you gotta put weights on that sword, you know, well your strength.
Speaker 4: Did you see the guy who who taught himself or like who had a replica. We've talked about this right.
Speaker 5: Exactly this situation.
Speaker 4: It was. It was literally just this scene. He would just be on TikTok going.
Speaker 1: With giant sor oh that's funny.
Speaker 5: I think he got to the point where he could swing it like once or something like that, and then it was like too tired to do anything.
Speaker 4: Else, and then the berserk music, the butt rock music, and that's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd listened to that opening song again. It's it's just so nineties garage rock, like it's so it's just like and there's like a wine to it too. That is just very much like it caught in between all of these fucking bands from the nineties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, it's always just crazy to me that that's the opening they went with as opposed to Forces. Yeah, what's forces?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Forces. I don't think we've heard it in full effect yet. We might have heard a little bit of it. It's the song that plays. It plays in some of the next time Zone. It's the real bombastic trumpet kind of Oh yes.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, it was in the Fight Secrets, right, I think so? And on the Blue ray is it is the one in the blue h had the the watch you McCall it the lyrics in the top left or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, I started listening and now I'm starting to hear the sad bastard thing. I'm hearing that a lot in pop culture online, you know, on the internet.
Speaker 4: Sad bastard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the sad.
Speaker 4: Why did you say the sad Bustard.
Speaker 1: Song, because that's what it is. It's a sad bastard song.
Speaker 3: He's not wrong, he's not wrong.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he is a Boston and he is.
Speaker 1: It's like Enya, It's like, remember we did the y thing last week we talked about Yeah, it's sort of like that. It's like anyway, for the.
Speaker 3: Podcast, you linked this image. People will probably know it's a very famous image of Guts leaning against the tree holding.
Speaker 1: I found. I found an iconic frame just by chance, because I'm organically tuned to find.
Speaker 3: You have such an amazing power. You're able to identify things that everyone else thinks is.
Speaker 1: Cool exactly, and I yeah, I have on the pulse and has nothing to do, absolutely nothing to do with the fact that it's just Guts holding his huge penis sword. That's all it is. Yeah. Yeah, he's got both hands wrapped around that thing and it is pointing to the heavens. Let me tell you, I didn't see that, Tom Lucy.
Speaker 5: Did you know that's that's like a man in his look.
Speaker 1: I'm the perve I get it. I'm fully, fully comfortable with that. This is a big old, sharp, pointy dick. This is what we're a Dolph's what we're doing.
Speaker 4: So you know how, you know how John Luke asked us to make some kind of promo for our show.
Speaker 5: That was it.
Speaker 4: I feel like I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think I feel like we could probably use the carcus.
Speaker 4: I think we use a caucus super cut.
Speaker 5: About I think so.
Speaker 4: I mean paging doctor Freud.
Speaker 1: It's just got a honker, you know, it's a big old honker there.
Speaker 5: The other thing that is with not in this is Costco is very concerned with how the Band of hawk An now perceived. Yeah, it's like, you know, fix up look shop.
Speaker 1: Right, just like we're not pieces of ship anymore. You know, they're not clean yourself up. I mean I have to shave now, that kind of thing.
Speaker 5: I have to go to school now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We put to the next scene and the lads are all basically preparing a siege on a like kind of supply factory or something like that, they.
Speaker 5: Remote supply camp yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and God, they fight a lot. God, imagine this life, this life. Every day you're just fighting a fucking army.
Speaker 5: This is the medieval equivalent of a truck stop.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, And everyone's like, well, we should attack it from the back, right, and griffit's like, no, what if we attack it from the front.
Speaker 1: And everyone's like, oh my god, you're a mest You're a love you. He's like, I didn't go to war school for ten years for nothing.
Speaker 3: And then Corky's school, Corcus is basically like what if we don't do that?
Speaker 1: And Cask is like shut off. She's just like, cork has shut your stupid face up. Yeah what what?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 1: A what a cast of ragtag characters we've got here? Ye love them? So that's what they do.
Speaker 3: They decide to attack it from the front, and here we meet Oh god, what's this guy's name. He's the guy with the kind of blondes crew cut.
Speaker 5: Oh, the general on the other side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like something cool. No, his last name is like at wits at.
Speaker 4: The end of it calcuters.
Speaker 5: Calculate Is it really no, it's like add on something, uh like so add on of the Blue Whale Heavy Assault Night.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh I love these like platoon names, They're so good. Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: And so basically our our heroes raid and absolutely fucking destroy the enemy. Corbowitz is his name. Oh yes, yeah, I told you was a Witz. And so then all of a sudden he is like twenty meters from the actual supply depot and it blows up and he's like, ha ha another victory for Corbowitz.
Speaker 1: Well, don't forget guts is the guy who's like, yo, we got to get the fuck out of here. This is gonna explode. He tells everyone, He's like, I think those all the roofs are smoking, you.
Speaker 5: See that, And he does it in a way where pisses Cask go off because she just told him don't like break ranks and do whatever you want. So to her it looks like he's just off trying to chase down this leader and kill him for banter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then they revisit that for a second too after she's like you were right. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It leads this scene where it really feels like a kind of something kind of shifts a little bit between them for Caska, like you can tell she's kind of like called them off to side.
Speaker 1: She's like, goods, could you fucking.
Speaker 5: They also have that Simpson's esque moment where like Bart and Lisa work it out and hug and then it cuts or like a camera pans out and it's got like March hiding behind a wall, listening to them and feeling nice, and it's like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's what Griffith is doing.
Speaker 5: He's just like looking at them while they become friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it's a really sweet little scene and like it's definitely a certain amount of softening between them where Caska really like you can tell she's not just being an asshole to goods, Like she is genuinely trying to understand and the most important thing to her is to keep Griffith safe. Yeah, m And then Griffin's kind of looking at them like Tom was saying, and this is sort of a ah and they're not like god damn it. In the next scene, then we meet this guy's name also escapes me, but I love how we see his black spiky armor. We get the slow pan up and he's like.
Speaker 8: Well, it seems these heroes have managed to survive are deadly on slat and it's it's just the most villain shit generalcon General Bosconi.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how do you feel about the reveal, Jeff that this guy's a bad guy.
Speaker 1: He's going to be a villain. I thought it was a bit underwhelming. I'm sort of like, I don't know, I wanted to see somebody more menacing, I guess, but he you know, it's just like, oh, who's the who's the that general going to like report into now? And I was hoping maybe for someone a little bit more like fun.
Speaker 3: You know, instead of the sad old man. Yeah, I'm just like, who's this, Jeff, I got some bad news here. It's always a sad man.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be a lot of saddle.
Speaker 5: Men black in real life saddlement, always controlling the world and doing the work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I guess that's true for like a lot of fantasy. It's always just like some fucking you know, uh, some like real long beard dude and a throne just kind of like rasping.
Speaker 3: With their little blood boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, all right, well we'll have to deal with this guy. Yeah yeah, but I really hate that old man. Well yeah, we'll.
Speaker 3: Get there, you'll get there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll be fine.
Speaker 3: And so then we get a little scene in the throne room and the crypt. The king is kind of like, yeah, it's griffic. Guy is pretty good. And Differen's like, yeah, except Corcus too, who's.
Speaker 1: Like, get yourself together, Corcus.
Speaker 4: Hold together, Carcus to electric.
Speaker 1: Sorry working on a cork. Do carry on?
Speaker 3: And we then get the final the final section of the episode, where it's basically the Band of Hawk like in front of this massive looking castle and they have.
Speaker 1: Been it's like their first battle, but since they've been promoted, right, this is this is the big time.
Speaker 3: This is this ain't no this ain't no little depot, this ain't no tiny thing. This is a big deal and they rush at it. We freeze frame and we're onto episode six ZOD the Immortal Hold On.
Speaker 5: I think we also just skip by Egghead.
Speaker 1: They show a head for Humpty Dumpty for like two seconds.
Speaker 3: What was that.
Speaker 1: I thought it was? I thought it was the inspiration for that fucking egg around Griffith's snack. Jesus Christ, what is that?
Speaker 5: Take ahead, Humpty Dumpty.
Speaker 1: It's a Humpty Dumpty. Motherfucker's even got that like fraily kind of like necklace thing going on, rough big old egg egad, he's kind of I don't care, that's kind of what he's doing. He's given that snarl you know, yeah.
Speaker 3: Pretty pretty fun episode, Like I would say, kind of yeah, maybe maybe a little in between me like a lot of kind of threads going and a lot like this is what's happening, this is how our characters have evolved. But maybe.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, can I just say's got too many names?
Speaker 4: Not the Immortal?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's like fifteen syllables. What are we doing?
Speaker 4: Okay, Jeff Jeff, Jeffrey, Jeff Jeff one syllable, one syllable.
Speaker 1: Baby, that's its one syllable, The Immortal, no spharatu? Did Zod look familiar to you all? Jeff? Uh? Yeah, you look like the Doom Demon?
Speaker 5: What the fuck?
Speaker 1: Like the the the like doom half man half uh? Fucking? What is it you know I'm doing? Do you want serbs? Guy from wait?
Speaker 4: From Doom?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a doom like horned from.
Speaker 4: I thought he looks more like the He looks like.
Speaker 1: He looks like but he also looks like what's his face from Street Fighter?
Speaker 3: You want to because that is the he is forma yeah? Wait akuma okyl oh?
Speaker 1: I was That's not who I was thinking from Street Fighter? Are you thinking blank? Yeah? I was thinking Blanka. I almost had a good thing this guy. Yeah, cool, he looks just like a Kuma. I get it. Fuck man, I guess I guess the right franchise in the wrong character. That's so stupid.
Speaker 4: I always thought he looks he looks like the Fantasia villain Cherna Bog, which is the name of that villain that I didn't know until now.
Speaker 1: I gotta say, I'm looking at Blanca right now, and there's there's there's a there's a there's a no, there's there's a similarity here.
Speaker 5: Dude, what you're talking about that before he transforms before.
Speaker 4: He transforms Fantasia?
Speaker 3: All right, Well we agree toilet cha Bog.
Speaker 1: The I really like Zod because he's like, fucking he's just a straight up demon from hell. It appears, and I think that's cool. We haven't had one of them in a while.
Speaker 3: That's kind of interesting because I would say, like, given how much he's actually in the story, or how how little I should say, I feel like he kind of has a nearly like disproportionate impact on people. Like a lot of people love Zod and he's just cool in berserk that much.
Speaker 5: It's right, Like, just appears and then is we're a freak about stuff and then leaves, and there is there's.
Speaker 1: A lot of really fun foreshadowing where careful don't foreshadow too much for me.
Speaker 3: I just mean like in this episode when they're like, I think Odd might be in that castle, Like when I've heard of this guy and he's meant to be like one hundred years old, and they say that like even if he dies in battle, he comes back in.
Speaker 1: The next one.
Speaker 3: Like just a lot of good scary about scare mongering.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's there's actually I was gonna say, there's a couple of characters like that. But the other one who I want spoil away is that appears is more frequently used, and that's the one that I think other people get obsessed with after they've seen z Odd because they realize, oh, it's not about the lad on the horse.
Speaker 1: Am I am? I am? I correct? Probably not rarely I stepped on that rig. No, I feel like so obviously the first episode with the snake baron, you're sort of like, oh, this is real fantasy nonsense. But starting after that episode, this is the first time we're introduced to like something genuinely supernatural, right.
Speaker 9: Uh, yeah, there's nothing yet quiet, I mean, because Guts does take a minute to be like, holy shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how are real? It's weird, Jeff, because the when I first saw Berserk, it was those movies I told you about, and they actually just start at the beginning of the Golden Age. There's no black Swordsman bit, and so this was the first, uh, this was like the very first time I saw and I knew that there was anything supernatural in Berserk.
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, But anyway, and Guts is going mad because people are like there's someone in there and he's fucking up like five hundred of our troops and Gots he's killing Havy, just one dude. And Guts enters the Ah horror Show where there's just dead bodies strewn everywhere, and like, I really, like, I really appreciate the pacin of the anime because like we are moving through a lot of story very quickly, but I appreciate here that it does slow it right down and you're just allowed to like kind of soak in like the kind of macarbic atmosphere here, and it's like disturbing, like it's it's fucked up, just the way they've it's drawn all these bodies on the way to whatever's happening.
Speaker 5: Have you noticed how this scene where he's like looking down that hallway is basically the exactly the same as the scene in met I Solid We Snake goes down the hallway to fight the ninja. Oh man, it's like the way the bodies are like laid out. Yeah, okay, it's pretty much the same thing.
Speaker 1: You guys have to like lend me a little bit of like, uh a freedom here to say that. It's kind of funny too. The show is what is this part They're just all the same carbon comfy soldiers. Like it's just like bad guy, bad guy, bad guy. Like it's just that right, there's like they're almost like those are his homies. Yeah I'm sorry, sorry, yeah, but they're still just like these throwaway, faceless sort of thing. I get. It's I I like it. I like it. I'm just thinking there is a bit of sort of like, uh, the the ability for this show to just be like these are all disposable, Like I think that's just kind of funny on its face a little bit. It's you know, like they're grunts and at the end of the day, like the Band of the Hawk is only about like five people tops, right, like everyone else is disposable. You just joined the Band of the Hawk as like an entry level guy. You're probably dead. You're probably not gonna survive because we don't care about you. The story doesn't need you.
Speaker 3: You're just gonna be used as like a okay you.
Speaker 1: There's stormtroopers. Yeah, there's stormtroopers.
Speaker 3: Got Cascade, got Griffith, you got Judo, you got Rick Caucus, you got Pippin, you got Carcus, you got I guess Gaston. I guess.
Speaker 4: No one.
Speaker 1: Nice, like, no one fights, like, no one gets steady, like just just go for a little bit more.
Speaker 4: No one loses his head or his blood like Gaston, no one.
Speaker 5: That was good because while you were singing, it was being covered by the sound of jelly purring.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the thing is so again. Sorry John Luke, Sorry listeners at home. Unfortunately, my little cat loves me too much, and she's just said fortunately, and she just said on me, and she pursed so loudly because she's so happy to.
Speaker 5: Be with me.
Speaker 4: However, I realize that that's not the best listening experience, so I can only apologize. But she's so cute.
Speaker 1: It's okay, we all like, we all accept and forgive the fact that you have a cat.
Speaker 4: Well, it's gonna be it's gonna be worse on the local recording, at least on Discord. There's noise canceling stuff, so you're not actually hearing all of it, but maybe.
Speaker 1: It's nice.
Speaker 3: So Goots gets the end of this hole where he finds a giant ogre of a man who is basically just impaled two people on his sword and they look like little dolls next to him.
Speaker 1: Yep, it's pretty cool. It's here.
Speaker 3: I have a little criticism of the anime. One in the manga, Zod is bollock.
Speaker 1: Naked, yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: Image yeah, and seconds the pants they have given him are too fancy. Yeah, They're like a really nice pair of pants with like high rise boots, and my boys, Zod looks straight up dapper in these pants, and I just feel like it's maybe not quite the right, not quite the they're ripped like perfectly.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, well like like hulk hulk ass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're just like fashionably ripped, you know. Uh yeah, I guess you know you're not gonna get Zod's twigg and berries on this anime. Maybe maybe they just like, you know, I ain't no twig, I mean right, oh no, I'm sure it's yeah exactly, so it's a big ass log I would imagine. But anyway, uh, yeah, that is weird. Hey you know you're that's that's I can live with that. Okay. Actually, now I do want to see his U. I want to see sods Penis.
Speaker 5: Yes, what, Johnny, we've just been on Yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we landed here full circle.
Speaker 5: Also knowing this is the first time I think ever we've seen no actually first time since the Gambino incident where we've seen go scared.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Goots very quickly realizes this dude is in another league. He is like, he is not just better than me, He's better than Griffith and anyone I have ever met.
Speaker 5: This is me every time I go to my local basketball court and there's literally two other people there, I'm like, oh fuck, he's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah and.
Speaker 3: So, but Goots actually kind of hangs in there. He survives, does he breaks surprises, and to me, Zod's actions are a little confusing. Here, who is like, finally someone I can actually fight. Now time to transform into a four to twin monster and continue the fight. Yeah, what the right?
Speaker 4: Like here I can transform into a fourteen months, so I would.
Speaker 5: It might be that like it doesn't want Lucy. He doesn't get the opportunity to transform very much. So it's like, if this is this is my opportunity, I'm gonna take it, even if it just means I maybe I.
Speaker 3: Think maybe he's got excited and jumped the gun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think he has taken berries, might have come to action.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, obviously it's it's guided by erection. We know this to be true. But what I think is probably the case is that Zod can't be this size all the time because it's just ergonomically incompatible.
Speaker 4: Are saying he needs a refractory period.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with the Midlands. You know, he's probably just like, yo, this world is not built for my four story.
Speaker 3: He's like trying to pick up like it'll teak up and it breaks, and he's like, oh fucking hell.
Speaker 1: He's like this world. You know. He's like, I've been around three hundred years. I've never held a cup. This is crazy. I need to be small. I'll be a little Zod until does the does the other for does his other form have a different name? No, well it should.
Speaker 3: It's you could call it his apostle form.
Speaker 5: That's complicating, I think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in Japantown and San Francisco there is a weep store and there is an incredible giant figure of guts fighting, and it's one of those places. But the thing is when you go in there, like don't take pictures, and it's probably like as it's behind velvet rope.
Speaker 5: I also think they've got like a bunch of stuff in that that's cool that they just don't want anyone to buy, even though it's got a pricetag on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I really think that it's very nice.
Speaker 5: A lot of.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Does that mean there's berserk funk pops? Do those? Absolutely? That's a I hate to see that they are real.
Speaker 5: But I don't want to see them if I'm honest.
Speaker 1: You know, I think that's cool. That is cool.
Speaker 3: And I think the way he's portrayed, like with the big, deep like shadows, like the pure stark blacks, I think he looks so cool.
Speaker 4: There are not There are not berserk funko pops, thank god, but someone has made customs. There are berserk androids.
Speaker 1: I believe.
Speaker 3: There's some great odds Tam and Lucy. I don't want to get specific here, but can you imagine the kind of person who has a has a funko pop of a certain character a certain character who is infamously hated who I don't want to say too much because I don't want to. Jeff, can you imagine the kind of person who has a funk pop of that? Is it?
Speaker 5: You? Do you have it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Do you have a custom funk pop of that character?
Speaker 1: I do not?
Speaker 7: Wait?
Speaker 4: Also, John, can you message me which character you're a fair to please?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Because it could be any Really, it's a lot of a lot of bad boys in this.
Speaker 3: Manga.
Speaker 5: Think about it. It could be more people. Oh okay, right, wait, I need to know who it is now.
Speaker 1: Okay, give me one sec.
Speaker 5: But I I have a bunch of really good berserk figures. Actually you can. You can get some really good ones for pretty cheap.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like the Crunchy Roll store has a.
Speaker 5: Bunch Yeah crunch roto actually good. Opting to say that the berserk blu ray that we have is back in stock on Crunchy Role Now.
Speaker 3: It's it's it is a beautiful if.
Speaker 5: You want it. I think it's like forty dollars and it is highly highly highly worth getting if you care about Berserk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, his his ship completely rocked by by big bull Zod and it's the name is about to die when a bunch of arrows strike Zod's back and it's our friend Griffith and.
Speaker 1: He's like, hey, put my buddy down, that's my friend. Hey, don't you pick on someone your own size, That's what he says.
Speaker 3: It's so weird. When he shows up and goes, you want to know why someone never picks a fight with ducks.
Speaker 4: He does up and puts both fists in there and goes, why y.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hell yeah, And.
Speaker 3: Zod is immediately like, you motherfucker is spoiling my fight. And we just get a really I don't know, you know, the way every quote like they'll they'll do some frames and it'll just be a painting. For some reason, there is the metal ass painting frame of griff in the foreground facing Zod in the background, and Zod is just and it could be it could be a metal cover. It's it's so cool, it's cool they do it.
Speaker 4: It does make me sad because what no, no, The art in the actual manga is incredible, Like it's all the cross hatching or so much detail, and so you only really get like a smack of it every so often in anime. Obviously impossible to animate it, but it's I think it's used. It's used to great effect. But just remind me of how much I love the actual like mirrors are style.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's definitely just like the artwork in Berserk obviously is like complete masterclass, like just amazing. And I think this Zod fight is one of the first times you really start to see uh you start to see me or like really kind of flex what you can do. There's just some really like amazing, horrifying pieces. There's a great one of guts are Griffith carrying guts and God and Zod like looming out from behind the pillar that I will drop in the chat and then yeah, there's there's it's awesome. But yeah, I Green Lucy, it's kind of nice how in those like impact frames you can get a little element of that. Yeah, it's cool.
Speaker 1: They did a really good they did a good job adapting it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so pass on your kind words. Yeah, please, it's not it's not the most like lavish adaptation, but it works and it's totally functional and it's at times great.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We then get a shot outside and Corcus is like, and then we get a shot back inside and Zod starts to fucking wreck shit. He just he literally starts just stepping on the band of Hawk and it is it is nasty.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, big old staypuff marshmallow man.
Speaker 3: And then you know, and that's when Griffith cuts Zod and Zod gets a little aroused when he's like, oh, second, person, can quit me.
Speaker 1: Now a second? What do we have here?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: I haven't felt like this in one hundred and fifty years.
Speaker 1: Excuse me.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 7: Suddenly I saw such a good post yesterday because you know, the guy who's in Showgun, he has the accent, you.
Speaker 4: Know, the the Portugues he's playing like the Portuguese guy lands in Japan. He got cast in the Odyssey and someoneed like, wow, even Christopher Nolan's clowning on this guy with the funny voice because he's replaced Tom Hardy, Like Tom Hardy's washed. He's got this new Tom Hardy in town.
Speaker 10: Anyway, I love that guy and Grits.
Speaker 3: Grits do a sick X slash on d and actually cut off his arm. They do, Oh that's pretty cool, and then picks up his own arm and begins to beat them to death with it.
Speaker 4: Thank god.
Speaker 1: Else, Oh yeah, head out of the gutter, please, I live in the gutter, Jeff, I.
Speaker 3: Was born there, razed it.
Speaker 1: You throw away your scraps there, but I was born there anyway. And then and then fucking fucking Zods just like yo, I forgot, I can also regenerate. I can also just fuse my arm back to my body. It's nothing whatever.
Speaker 3: And so he knocks Griffeth silly and then he's like, anyway, time to kill you. But then he sees the egg of the King the bailt and he's kind of like, ah.
Speaker 4: Not to be confused with the egghead that we saw in the last episode.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, I forgot. From software reference of the week, Okay, the the monstrous form of Zod is very much I believe the inspiration for the flame Looker in Demon Souls, one of the first bosses, the first flirker. Yeah, it's just as effectively that model, but on fire.
Speaker 1: So beautiful.
Speaker 5: Thank you, so.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Jeff, you go ahead. No, I was gonna say o. Tam posted a fun photo of this flirker. He looks pretty sick. So he sees the egg thing. Is that? What is it called?
Speaker 9: A bailiff like a baylet or the bay king? The egg of the King boy the rejected Lord of the Rings. Subtitle get look, the king has laid this egg. Isn't it beautiful?
Speaker 5: It's just that from the previous scene.
Speaker 4: Why is Carcus in the like Caucus is now in a greamer worm tongue a situation?
Speaker 1: Yes, he goes, he jumps through franchises.
Speaker 4: My leege, you've laid an egg. It's beautiful.
Speaker 3: I should name it.
Speaker 4: I should keep it for safety, my liege.
Speaker 3: Corcus has to like transport the egg, but he smashes it, and so the middle actes him trying to find a replacement egg.
Speaker 1: This right itself, He's like, and Corky's just like, no ship, It's.
Speaker 3: Going to be so furious.
Speaker 4: Now that we've Now that we've done the redesign of the podcast art, huge shoutout to.
Speaker 1: Jerum for oh yeah, phenomenal.
Speaker 4: But also people who are like, oh ship, I want much of the bomb ha lit which we should make.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 3: I would I would have a plush of that little pain or something be so cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could start three D printing them. You know, someone wants to build the files, I'll start making them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just selling them out of your carriage.
Speaker 1: Yep. And uh what was I going to say?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: So like okay, so that's like the egg the king egg? Great? Why why is that so scared of a little nose nose egg?
Speaker 5: Maybe face?
Speaker 1: Do you think he's scared?
Speaker 4: Is he scared? Is he around?
Speaker 1: I think I don't think he's scared. He's just I think he's just like, uh, I think he just realized he like crossed the line. I was like, that's that night there, Thory. I don't want to fuck that.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 5: Is that one line he says where he says, so that's the ploy, which.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's just like, oh you're you're a made man? Are in you? Griffith? Isn't that that? That's pretty much it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's basically I'm not gonna say the speech, but he basically looks at Goods after this and goes, oh buddy.
Speaker 1: Later he just flies off. He's like, not only you guys gonna have like some fucking weird romantic energy. You're gonna die because of this bitch, I'm telling you right now. Uh wings and he's just like bat and he just leaves and that's it. He just fucking gets out of there, goes through the castle. He's presumably in the basement of the castle, and then just like breaks through eleven stories of stone and concrete. I think that's.
Speaker 3: Literally what happens exactly.
Speaker 1: And then he like you guys, see how he's like drawn, he's animated. He just starts to glide and someone.
Speaker 3: Across the sky his wings once.
Speaker 1: Just he's just fucking like he doesn't even get smaller away.
Speaker 3: He does just move along the screen at the same size.
Speaker 2: Is there.
Speaker 1: Someone has to have made something fun with that, because he is just this like hang gliding demon hell monster and just sort of like, okay, my people made me.
Speaker 3: I think the problem is that he is flapping and then halfway through one of the flaps, like his wings still bents. He stops and we hold on that shot for a good five seconds.
Speaker 5: It's like when you're riding a bike and you need an extra bit of like momentum, you just pedal once or twice and then you just let it all. That's why he did Oh.
Speaker 1: Shit, I left. I watched that. I watched that three times. I was fucking dying. Oh man, so funny.
Speaker 3: So the bands of Hawk rush in rescue Guts and Griffith and get him out of there, and Kaska has returned to her fucking state because Griffith is almost sore and beat up and she's furious and goods again.
Speaker 1: This is your fault.
Speaker 3: And with that the episode ends, and I think that is too fine. Episodes of Breserve very good.
Speaker 1: I love'm all in. I'm all in, friends feel it. I'm in. It's just the right amount of everything that I want. Like, I just love it. It's not it's like it's like, you know, it's not the gore that I was scared of, you know what I mean. I can live with it. It's fine. It's almost funny in a way. Like I said, yeah, I like it. I really really like this show so far. I don't I don't want to hear anything else. Everyone. Every now and then i'll get like a side of the mouth comment from someone who's just like, like, you know what, keep it to yourself. I want to. I want to. I want to. I want to go again. No, no, not you, I'm not talking about you find folks, I'm talking about you know anyway, Uh yeah, great stuff.
Speaker 3: I'm all in good ship.
Speaker 1: Okay, awesome.
Speaker 3: And with that, wait, a ZOD berserk workout just came across my uh.
Speaker 1: My workout timeline. M hm oh are they on like Peloton? Now, like, what do you mean you know, to take the class, take.
Speaker 3: The training plan, real life berserk workout. Okay, well google that the person who isn't a fucking lunatic, but well guess we'll find out. Okay, guys, that's gonna do it. For this week's episode, Jeff Jefs Adventure Lucy James.
Speaker 4: What what? Sorry? I was saying hello and it kind of like cut over. Well you're asking real question.
Speaker 1: Where can the people find you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 4: Lucy gams games everywhere hopefully going to bed.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 5: It's nine.
Speaker 4: I didn't get in until one day.
Speaker 1: I am actually this as well.
Speaker 5: Nice.
Speaker 3: I will stay up stream stuff.
Speaker 4: We're doing town idea split fiction to not to date this episode but when we recorded, but we are. We're doing split fiction stream, so check.
Speaker 3: If people want to check that out. You can watch Lucy's stream split fiction later today.
Speaker 1: A week ago.
Speaker 3: Tune in done me, the just the archives, Where can people find you?
Speaker 9: Look?
Speaker 1: Sometimes everyone's got to get a little bit. Okay.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I was gonna say, I was going to say, I'm not I'm not finding on all cylinders today.
Speaker 1: Everywhere, Jeff, I'm I'm at Jeff Backel are in some places on Blue Sky and I'm Jeff at x y Z. You know, I think it's a different name. I have a different name on Twitch bro, I'm Jurff TV.
Speaker 4: You gotta align that, you know what.
Speaker 1: I'm way past the point of carry.
Speaker 3: I feel like we gotta wrap this up because I am desperate to.
Speaker 1: People Okay, oh okay, and people find me on my new TikTok channel, super Patch Wolf on TikTok. Bye Bye, Thank you, Jean Luke, Thank you, John Luke, Bye Jeff. Jeff's Bizarre Adventure is hosted by timur Hussein, Lucy James, John, Super Eye Patch, Wolf Walsh, and Me Jeff Backlar. Our post producer and editor is Jean Luke Sepke. Our logo is designed by Justin Boshan and Jesse O'Brien. Thanks so much for listening. Anim