Speaker 1: Made a decision pay Sunny Sound on ahead of Visions Night.
Speaker 2: Hey everybody, welcome to our for Crying out Loud Friday edition. Happy Friday, Happy Friday, Happy Friday, though, Happy Friday.
Speaker 1: Can't wait. Wendy's coming back today? Oh camping, she's.
Speaker 2: Been gone all week. Oh yeah, I miss her already. She just left yesterday.
Speaker 1: Could real time move here and move into your house?
Speaker 2: She's talking about it. She's talking about selling her house in Florida and moving here.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I know, I know, Weey.
Speaker 3: What about the Chicago? Does she still have the Chicago? She does still have the Chicago.
Speaker 1: You know. It's tough because Wendy's a grandma.
Speaker 2: You know, She's got like three grandchildren over there in Chicago and they all live so close together.
Speaker 1: But she could. But she also has her daughter's Jackie lives here, and all her sisters live out here, and I live here.
Speaker 3: And if she's sold the house in Florida, she could live here and then just go back and forth to Chicago.
Speaker 1: She might have to sell her Chicago house too, Oh but it could be doable. Or she might buy house with one of her sisters. I don't know.
Speaker 2: She just started talking about it. I don't want to get my hopes up, but that would be great.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And Suzanne Adam is having a hard time because she just moved into Valencia and her house has been taken apart from this plumbing stuff, it's still not done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she had to go back to therapy for it. It's so bad. What's such an adjustment for her too, because she lived like she's always lived like they hear and her boyfriend lived in the city and her step children were there every night of the week for dinner. Now nobody's around. It's just her and her husband.
Speaker 2: And now they're like in the suburbs of Valencia, and she's just trying. And now like there was this plumb issue that happened where they'd take the cabinets out of her kitchen.
Speaker 1: She had to stay at an airbnb.
Speaker 2: Now they're back and they didn't have running water, like and she moved into the house.
Speaker 1: So the house was so cute. She had it all set up.
Speaker 2: Like the first weekend when I went to visit her, I couldn't believe how much they got done. Everything was hung, you know, the house was like almost done, like unpacked and then like a week later, plumbing issues start and it's been going on now for two months.
Speaker 1: But they must have gotten an inspection when they didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're saying that it happened after the inspection. Something happened where they had the sprinklers on the timer and it ran to I don't know, but they have homeowner's insurance.
Speaker 1: It's just taking forever.
Speaker 2: So she's like, hello, hurry up and move out here already, because like that would help if I had you as my neighbor and I could just come over, you know, after work, hang out with you, or you know, we can go join gym together.
Speaker 1: Like there's so much stuff, you know, right right, right, well, not too long, not too long, a few more weeks.
Speaker 3: I think it'll be good for you too. Mentally, I just think you're you're you're in the place where the neighborhood where you raise the kids, but like they're not there, right, so it's kind of like why am I here?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Who do I know out here? Right? And it's kind of far right where you live, Yes, So if you're in I'll be in the area.
Speaker 2: I'm four minutes five minutes from Suzanne, like seven minutes from Dawn, you know, so it'll be nice. Oh and Gina is out there. Oh really yeah? Oh d I want a dock, sir. But she's in that area. Well you're not saying her address, right, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's been texting me. I'm excited to see her. Yeah. And she's so fun.
Speaker 2: She is fun. Yeah, she's like she loves it. She loves it because she moved out there. And it's like you're moving to the suburbs kind of thing. That's what it's like out there. That's a lot good adjustment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I already live in the suburbs.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, like, I don't know, I live in the suburbs, don't. I mean, I could see it being more of an adjustment for Suzanne, but we already live in like little communities, right right. I love it because then you're gonna have a dog and when you go walk your dog, can't wait, You're going to see the same people. Like when I walk my dog and I'm oftentimes on the phone, my friends laugh because it's like I know all the dogs in the neighborhood. You know, Oh my god, Hi, Ricky, there's these three there's three dogs. There's Bob, Ricky and Andy, oh, Ricky's a girl, but like it's Ricky is a like a big tall greyhound. Like you know how there's the little greyhounds, but there's yeah, there's big, bigger greyhounds. This this greyhound has never had to race, but they see they got it from a greyhound rescue. But anyways, sometimes this this greyhound just freezes up.
Speaker 1: It's and he just she and she won't move.
Speaker 3: So I have to all come across these neighbors, my neighbors John and Becky, they're the cutest, and then they're like, yeah, Ricky won't We're stuck. And then I'll have to bring Bob over, and then Bob will say hi to Ricky and then Ricky'll like start to follow Bob and like so we'll like get it going. So I'm like, you guys need a you need a Bob assist. And they're like, yes, Ricky stuck.
Speaker 1: But then you know, I just see all these friends.
Speaker 4: They're like, oh, hi, Bob, like you know, stop and say hi to different neighbors and like, you know, I would go for a walk with my neighbor Mitch and his dog Montana, and it's just.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, you just get used to like Yeah, your routine and it's like a community, right, I know. I'm excited. It's fun. It'll be fun. Yeah, makes that used to it fast.
Speaker 3: And I'm sure there's like stores you'll you'll find you'll have your routine. I don't know what's out there, Ralph's, Trader Joe's.
Speaker 2: It's all out there. Yeah, I mean it's yeah, there's a mall. I don't go to the mall though, it's the last time I've gone to the mall. But yeah, maybe take like some yoga classes or something.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: My friend just started doing pilates for the first time at like basically my age, and she's like fuck it, like, let's go, let's do some new shit, like you know, Yeah, pilates is good for us at this age. It's really good if you do like a you know, a good beginner class.
Speaker 1: You know what. I was thinking.
Speaker 3: Just sort of as part of like the having been at this wedding that I talked about on Tuesday and being like the older generation, right, you know, as you know, and I'm trying to race this. I just turned sixty and I was like, you know what, my personality is totally the same like when I was young, and you would look at like older people and just be like, oh my god, they're like older people, like they act like grandparents, you know.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, I am still the freaking same, Like I'm still edgy, I still swear all the time. Is it just inappropriate now that I'm like, no, But because you don't even look old, you don't look like an older person at all. I know.
Speaker 3: But it's so funny because I'm like, I'm at this wedding and definitely there's a younger and the younger people are in their freaking thirties, and I'm like, it's not even like the younger people are like my kid's age, Like the younger generation.
Speaker 1: Are in their thirties, and I'm like, I was just in my thirties, right, it's like five minutes ago.
Speaker 3: Five minutes ago, I was in my thirties, Like it was not that long ago, and I haven't changed very much, yay, exactly, Like the adulting is this same, Like, yeah, I pay a mortgage and I raise kids, like nothing's that different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm still totally fun with my kids.
Speaker 2: That's how I feel too. Like we were just talking, Wendy and I were just talking about because Wendy's ten years older than me, you know, and she's like, it just sucks getting old. She goes, I don't feel the age I am. I feel like I'm still twenty five years old, thirty years old, you know, just now that I'm just a grandmother. But you know, like it just yeah, I guess you're as old as how.
Speaker 1: You feel, not what they say.
Speaker 3: Yes, but when you think about it, kids are like, Okay, yeah you'rears old is how you feel.
Speaker 1: But still you're old and you look old.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying my kids are saying that, but I'm saying, like the way people perceive ye people aging right in our society, it's like, oh, you're an older person, but I just don't feel like that, and it's so unfair.
Speaker 1: It is unfair.
Speaker 3: I still want to wear cute clothes. I was still kind of proud of myself for having like a few tattoos, like you know what I mean. I was like, and now I want another tattoo. Fuck you society. I want to get another tattoo. I'm want to get one on my arm, like I want to go like, but I don't want to be like trying to be young. But I'm like you guys, I know all the words to some Tupac songs. It is like, yeah, like I fucked yo, bitch, yeah, take money, take money.
Speaker 1: It just seems so wrong. We should play that song at the end of the episode. We should. Oh my god, I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna to do that.
Speaker 3: Yes, But I think times have changed, and there's there like I don't know what it is, but they can sense. They can if you have a song, and they'll like they'll clock you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you too do it YouTube? Right? But does iTunes? I don't know.
Speaker 3: But I could just play it off my phone a little bit at the end for like fun, like not the way Kaylen did because that could get fluted. But anyway, Yes, But I was just like, this is so unfair because I'm looking at all of like I told you, we were having.
Speaker 1: So much fun. Me and the other old people.
Speaker 3: We were being very funny. Everybody was like, we were all laughing. But yet some of these people have like a summer home in Michigan. Yeah, and I know that the thirty year olds don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, other than that, we're not different, right, I know. I know it does suck getting old. We dressed young, like I you know what I mean? Yeah, what did you wear it to the wedding? You were wearing like I.
Speaker 3: Wore this black like a kind of a tight black dress that had a big that had like.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's picture on him. Yeah yeahah, very cute. Yeah. I was like totally cute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I was wearing like dressier shoes for the church part of the wedding. But then I got back and I was like, hell no, put on some orthopedic ass like cushy sandals to dance with. Here's the difference, Here's what it is. It's like when you get to a certain age and remember that I do not care club that we want to know that's right. Yeah, you get to a certain age and you're just like I just don't care as much about like what other people are doing. Like I don't have to wear that's what a strussy shoes. I can wear old lady's shoes if I feel like it, because I'm comfortable. I cannot wear a bra if I don't feel like wearing a bra, because like, what do I care. I'm not trying dudes on like my walk in the morning. Yeah you don't really care.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can just do whatever you want and not have to worry about what people think.
Speaker 1: Right, that's getting older, right, take it for what it is, wisdom. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know what else? You know what we do care about though.
Speaker 1: Our clothes smelling delicious? Yes, oh wait, that's okay, Yeah, we can do that.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's talk about laundry sauce, because I just got a whole bunch of it and everybody is going nuts in my house over it. I gave some to Italia to take home. It smells delicious. The Bergamont, the Italian Bergamont is my favorite, but they all smell delicious.
Speaker 3: They have I love the Australian sandal wood, which I got and I'm pretty obsessed with that one. They also have a new limited edition Brazilian vanilla.
Speaker 1: Oh sounds really good.
Speaker 2: It sounds good, yes, yeah, And also, you know it works very well cleaning your clothes.
Speaker 1: It does the job. So why not have something that smells really good and it's not strong, it's perfect, it doesn't overpower mm hmm. Yeah. My bed smells like I'm sleeping in a hotel, a fancy hotel.
Speaker 3: And if you don't like it, which you are going to like it, but they offer a full money back guarantee, so if you don't get better, smelling, cleaner laundry, you get a full refund, no questions asked. For a limited time only, our listeners get twenty percent off your entire order when you use code FCL at laundrysauce dot com. That's twenty percent off your order at laundrysauce dot com with promo code FCL after you purchase the last where you heard about them. Please support our show and tell them we send you. It's time to make laundry Day the best day of the week.
Speaker 2: Also Hero Hero, Well, well you guys know how much we love Hero. My kids love Hero Bread.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can make you can have low net carb deliciousness in tortillas, bagels.
Speaker 1: Your bread. It's fluffy. You can't even tell the difference in the extra Yes, you never know.
Speaker 2: It's zero to five grams of net carbs and eleven to thirty two grams of fiber from the texture.
Speaker 1: So we love Hero at my house.
Speaker 2: So what you guys can do is go to Hero Bread is offering ten percent off your order if you go to Hero dot co and use the code FCL at checkout. That's fcll at h E r O dot co C So.
Speaker 1: Check them out. Yeah, ye, support our show. Yeah. What else were we going to talk about today?
Speaker 2: Well, let's let's talk a little bit about your favorite subject, Hot Car Dad.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Okay, because we told people to watch it.
Speaker 2: Yes on Amazon Prime, Yes, Fatal Distraction. Distraction is the is the net is the documentary. It's on Amazon Prime. And I found it and I know that Stephanie was coming home from a hell hell is shut day of travel, so I told her, like, when you get home, you have something to watch. Yes, So I watched it. There was so much that they left out, So it was more like a psa for, you know, for to change the laws so that cars could have some kind of ding ding ding, I guess, or what.
Speaker 1: Which makes sense?
Speaker 2: All the technology we have, why don't we have something that alerts to you that there's a kid in the backseat?
Speaker 1: I agree with you.
Speaker 3: The problem was I was really excited to watch this and I had listened to the Atlanta Journal.
Speaker 1: God, yeah, I remember that the Atlanta Journal Constitution or something did a podcast about this.
Speaker 3: Case, and they did it like live. I mean, it was like I remember Aneneus with the trial that was going on. Yeah, it was like if you were listening to a Karen Reid thing, like while it was happening, right, it was so good and I felt like, I forget, what's the guy's name? It starts with a J, Like, oh, Jared, wasn't his name?
Speaker 1: Jared? The dad?
Speaker 3: Yeah, started definitely started with a J. But what I don't think it was Jared?
Speaker 1: You mean the dad, the ugly dad. Yeah, the dad who left his kid in the car.
Speaker 2: Yes, while he would so if you guys don't remember the case, it was back in like two thousand and fifteen or something, and he was researching websites of you know, being a single being a single dad.
Speaker 1: He just got married not that long ago.
Speaker 2: They had a two year old named Cooper, and he was supposed to take Cooper to daycare and instead he went to work and.
Speaker 1: Then Justin Justin Justin Ross, Justin Ross. Yeah, yeah, left.
Speaker 2: His kid in the car while he was at work. But while he was at work, he was sexting. Well, I think you know the case better. The thing with this documentary is they were more doing it. I think from the ex wife's point of view and her point of view was taking it easy on her ex husband, so and kind of like sticking up for him.
Speaker 1: Yes, now here's the thing that's a little bit weird.
Speaker 3: So when I first I just want to take you back to when I first listened to that whole podcast and I was like, this guy is guilty.
Speaker 1: I think he did it on purpose.
Speaker 3: Now, then we had Mark Geragos on our podcast, and this was back in the other studio. I remember we were in the egg Carton. I remember that, and I mean he was like or maybe we weren't in that. We probably weren't in the egg carton place, but I just remember him saying, you are exactly who like I wouldn't want to have on a jury, right because white women like I forgot why it was. But like, of course you think he's guilty. But I was like, no, I think he's guilty because I listened to all the facts in the case, and he seems guilty.
Speaker 1: Now, then I re listened to the whole.
Speaker 3: Thing and this is like a while ago, and I was like, well, now I'm not one hundred percent sure that he did it on purpose purpose, but either way, he still should have gotten jail time for it because he's and Okay, what they did was they showed you a bunch of different people in this documentary that have also left their kids in the car, accidentally left their kids in a car. But in my mind, I'm like, that wasn't exactly the case with this guy. Justin yes, some of the facts were the same, Like, Okay, they had people on there going, well, this is how it happens. You do one change in your routine and like you, he went to go have breakfast with his son instead of dropping them off at daycare, Like this is how people their brains.
Speaker 1: You know, you just go into your.
Speaker 3: Automatic pilot autopilot, right, Okay, but I'm kept waiting and waiting and waiting. John's watching the documentary with me, and He's like, this is horrible.
Speaker 1: This is so sad.
Speaker 3: It's constant people that are like crying and telling you the story of when they left their kid in a hot car and they died.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Right, It's like this is torturous watching this. And meanwhile, I'm like, get back to what just is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it wasn't the same, which is why he got a jail sentence.
Speaker 1: It was not the same thing. Facts of the.
Speaker 3: Case with justin were that he was on all these like websites, he was doing all these chats with women. Yes, he acknowledged to his wife before this that he has a pornography addiction, right, Okay, so his wife was like, oh, okay, so he's that's why we're not having sex because like I'm on porn all the time.
Speaker 1: But he was one of these like religious guys that like gets a friend. He yes, he's going to monitor his porn. I know, that's so ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're going to like have to check in with me and if like you watch porn, you need to like tell me or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, we're on the Buddy system. Right.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, I was watch porn after watching that. Okay, so this guy's watching porn all the time. And then he apologizes and he's like I'm trying to like be better or whatever.
Speaker 1: That's his excuse to his wife why they're not having sex.
Speaker 3: Right, But she seems to feel that they're other than the fact that they're not really having sex.
Speaker 1: He's like a great husband. He's like a really good dad.
Speaker 3: They spend a lot of time in the documentary show you like, oh my god, he loves his son so much.
Speaker 1: In fact, he parents more than I do.
Speaker 3: He's like, look at him taking his kid out like trigger, treating his.
Speaker 1: Kids playing guitar guitar for him.
Speaker 3: And he's like struck this little. I mean, of course, it's.
Speaker 2: Well, what did you make of the Okay, they said in the evidence that he looked at video at a video twice about the dangers of leaving an animal in a hot car, right, And they said that the reason why he watched that is because they did talk about that's their like biggest fears leaving their kid in the car. And also there was a whole campaign on television I guess that week or that month talking about, hey, it's the summer months, don't leave your kids, don't leave your pets in the car.
Speaker 1: So that they that's why they watched that video. So are you saying, like, so he's what do I make of that? As Yeah, I mean, he's not a valid like like it. The prosecutors were saying, yeah.
Speaker 2: The prosecutors were saying, look, he's guilty because he watched this thing twice. But with his defense was saying, yeah, they watched it because they it's been all over the news. It's June it's hot, blah blah blah, the dangers of leaving a kid in the car. She said that the ex wife said, we've had a conversation like that's our worst nightmare, which she made that comment to the cops, which made the cops be able to get twenty five search warrants for their house. Did you watch the whole thing because they show her in court.
Speaker 1: Testifying, Oh I didn't no, I turned it off. I know he got mad turn it off? Yeah so what Yeah, so they well you.
Speaker 2: Should watch it, yeah, because at the end they show her and she's like they're cross examining her on the stand and she's kind of defen trying to defend him and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Oh and also people.
Speaker 2: Were saying on the news they kept showing clips that there's something going on with her, that she was in on it too, like they maybe they planned it together to get rid of their kid, which that's like there were they were saying, like I don't know if it was Nancy Grace. It was one of those spinoffs of Nancy Grace, like those shows like yeah, right, she suspic suspicious, Like why is she chewing gum in court?
Speaker 1: Right? Right? Right?
Speaker 3: I definitely one hundred percent. Don't believe she had anything to do without. But I do think it's really weird that he was so he was weirdly into the kid in a like it was weird, and he takes them out to go eat. It's it was weird. All the circumstances surrounding, like why didn't he take him to daycare? Why did he take him to this restaurant? Meanwhile he takes him to breakfast. He's not paying any attention to him the whole time he was They looked at his phone. I don't know if this is in the documentary because I was like more than halfway through it, and.
Speaker 1: He was on your phone. He was on his phone.
Speaker 3: That's why they call the whole thing fatal distraction, because he was on his phone the whole time, sexting with different people.
Speaker 1: While he was in chick file at with his kid.
Speaker 3: He was also visiting prostitutes. He was so busy with other women. There were like ten thousand texts or something on his head.
Speaker 2: And then they had a bunch of bunch of those women come and testify in court too, would they say, I mean, they didn't really show their testimony that much. They just showed, like one woman after another. They said that they they showed more of the defense, saying to these women like, well, he said he loved his kid, right, and she said yeah, he said that he would.
Speaker 1: Oh. One of the women said like, why don't you just wy Are you cheating on your wife? Don't you? He said, because I love my I love my son. I don't want to lose my son. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think that's why when I re listened to the whole podcast, I was like, it could.
Speaker 1: Have been an accident.
Speaker 3: It was an accident, but he was like, it's like negligent what do you call it when it's like manslaughter? Like, yeah, it's man, I know that's negligent homicide, right, because you've killed somebody. Yeah, I mean he killed his son, right, he left him in a And but the fact too he went and got light bulbs on his lunch break. Well see that was the part that really that really was like, Okay, he he did stuff in such a way that it was so performative when you discovered that. It's because he went and he opened his car and put the light bulbs in there. How would you not the smell would have already They said, would have already been like crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah at that point, well, his defense was saying, and they took the jurors out to the parking lot to look at the car. But he's very tall, and he wouldn't have been He wouldn't have He just opened the door and threw it in and shut the door, and he wouldn't have been able wouldn't.
Speaker 3: And they showed Vinny landed of like the fact that you forgot left your kid in the car when you go back to your car, what did you do?
Speaker 1: It just never occurred to him. Yeah, because he's too busy thinking about pussy.
Speaker 3: Well that's the thing that is hard to forgive, is like that was all you thought about and all you were doing, and you were not at all concerned about your son.
Speaker 1: I don't know, that's the negligent part. Yeah, right right.
Speaker 3: I just think that went way beyond you know, they were trying to compare it to like this mom, the mom who was like, I'm kind of a helicopter mom and blah blah blah, and I do all.
Speaker 1: These things with my kid and no comparison.
Speaker 3: And then but this great thing happened and I drove to work and I left my kid in the car and the kid died, right, Okay, that's a tragic accident. Yeah, but like it didn't feel the same with this guy.
Speaker 2: With this guy, how about when he was when the cops show up on the scene and the lady cops yelling at him like like hey, like fucking give me your driver's life's like she and.
Speaker 1: He's like, I just lost my son, my son. Just he's like crying and wailing, and she's like, shut the fuck up, stop yelling at me. Did you hear that? Yes, I did get to that part. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But also when he's in the police station, he was totally calm and like not did not seek sad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was kind of hot and cold. Yeah yeah. And also they was old kar Dad, hot and cold card dad. And then also she was accused that she did not react the way they thought she should have at the at the police station, like the first thing she asked for was where's my husband? My son's gone, but now where's my husband?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then she was like not mad at him at all. He was crying and going are you mad at me?
Speaker 1: And she was she was like we'll get through it, Like, yeah, you didn't do it. On purpose.
Speaker 2: It was an accident, right, That's why people questioned her.
Speaker 1: But I don't think she had anything to do with it. I think she was in shock. Yes, she was in shock.
Speaker 3: So she went to the daycare to pick up her kid. Yeah, and then they're like what why do you think your kids here? And then she I think because that was a fear of hers because probably it had been in the news and it was probably like, oh my god, what if that happened to me? Like you get women, especially get shit stuck in our heads. Yes, when we have babies, right that like you see some crazy story in the news.
Speaker 1: And you're like, oh my god. Right.
Speaker 3: I remember one night I got really scared because I heard that not the vaccines could cause autism because I but I got really scared that there was some study and I don't want to trigger any moms of like babies out there, but I read I went down some rabbit hole that was like kids could die of sids after they get a vaccination, and I just got I had post part of anxiety. I somehow got really scared, and they couldn't go to sleep that night. The night after the vaccination. It was just like, oh my god, oh my god, and just super going back and forth to the crib and checking. I think that was with LB, not with the twins, but all of these things just like I heard about something and then I get read about google it, and then I was like, couldn't think about other things, and then I worried about that thing, right, So I've like that was probably something had happened in the news, and then she got really fucked up about it, obsessed.
Speaker 1: I think she was in shock. Yeah, but weird that.
Speaker 3: But there was another thing that he was on a website, on a Reddit thing for child.
Speaker 2: Free, like child free. Yeah, yeah, they say about that. They brought that up. The prosecution brought that up.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's like, it really wasn't that great of a documentary. It was just, you know, I thought it was going to be more about him and the trial and that was it, but it was more about like other people their stories, and then they go back to his story.
Speaker 3: And all how this could just happen to anybody, and like he was basically railroaded, right, And I'm watching it and with John and I'm just like, this.
Speaker 1: Motherfucker was not rail roaded.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he did this to himself, right, and he's acting really weird. He was acting way weirder than she was wise acting weird. He was very very calm at times and like super like not bothered. I don't know, it was weird and I don't like that guy.
Speaker 1: I don't like they overturned his he out of jail. He's got to say that. And the thing I think at the end, yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't know. I feel like he should have spent more time in jail. That's just my opinion. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So let's talk about let me do another shout out for our friend Karen Ford. A lot of people you know, and I'm constantly turning people onto Karen for the GLP once because I lost quite a bit of weight. I look good though I do not look too.
Speaker 1: Thin, but all my clothes fit. It was so easy to.
Speaker 3: Do it, and Karen was so nice and like I told you, our friend Jennifer turned me on.
Speaker 1: It was like, hey, I have a friend.
Speaker 3: She can get it for you for cheap, and which she can get it for everybody. And then I asked, hey, Karen, can I turn can I talk about you on the podcast? And then she was like, oh my god, yeah, sure, love it. And I got to say, probably like forty of our listeners use her now because it's like having a friend get you the GLP. She's fully like licensed to do this. She has a corporation set up, but she still charges our listeners like dirt cheap prices. You don't have to do a membership fee like you do with some of these other ones. The price never goes up. And she's like gives you personal attention. She'll like get on the phone with you and be like, oh my god, Okay, girl, what are your symptoms? Like, Okay, here's what you do. Here's the dose. You know, you get to like talk to a real person anyway. Her phone number is nine four nine eight three six nine to one four four, And I'll put it in the description of the episode because like she's like our Adam Lerner are the GRPs but for GLP ones. Yeah, So, like why would you not go with a person that we all trust already? Exact And I'm telling you, ask anybody on our Facebook group, like who do you like? Hou's Karen and every and she's in the Facebook group and you can just go tell them to talk to her. Go in the our Facebook group and go hey, where's our GOLP lady, and then she'll respond to you just like Adam Right. Well, Adam's not in our group, but his wife Cecilia's right, which is kind of funny. But anyway, here's if you are taking a GOLP one, you might.
Speaker 2: Also want to use neutrafil yes because neutrafol is the number one dermatologist recommended hair grows supplement brand, and it's the number one hair grows supplement brand personally used by dermatologists. So you know, if you're on a GLP and your hair starts to get thin, neutrafol would be a great hair growth supplement. It's peer reviewed, it's clinically tested, it's there's not a one size fits all. They have for men, for women, all different stages of life. I have been using neutrafol. I love it, I put it, I include it in my daily routine. I don't even have to think about it. And my hair is nice and thick and less shedding. So let your hair be one less thing to worry about. See visibly thicker, stronger, faster growing hair and three to six months with nutrifol for a limited time. Neutrophol is offering our listeners ten dollars off your first month subscription and free shipping when you visit neutrofold dot com and enter the promo code FCLL. That's neutrofold dot com spelled n you t R A f o L dot com promo code FCLL.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yay, Hey, I meant to ask you. Yeah, well two things. One I think I said told you this a couple of weeks ago. But I asked you if you watched The Ultimatum.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I started watching. I keep forgetting about it because I started watching it. There was other Oh I watched the Idaho murders things on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Oh, lots upsetting. That was sad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yours really following that when it was going on?
Speaker 1: Who the Brian Kolberger thing? Right? Yeah, well yeah, now he's saying he wants another trial. Now he won. There's no back seats, Ryan Colberger. Oh, you can't like take it back. You can't. You can't be like l L G JK, I'm not guilty. Yeah, he's now wants another trial like.
Speaker 3: Fuck that So wait, but so he pled guilty? He pled guilty or was he already sentenced? He was saying he's sentenced to life. He pled guilty so he didn't have to face the death penalty.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so he got life sentence. So he got a life sentence.
Speaker 3: And now he's like and now he's hold up, yeah, hold now, so fast up outa.
Speaker 1: Door, Hold up, wait a minute. Yeah, no, yeah, he's that's he's in the news recently because he's saying he had like ineffective counsel or he's also hinting that there could have been somebody else involved in the murders or whatever. He clearly is guilty. Oh my god, he's going to try to blame somebody else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, come on, I mean, is there anybody out there that thinks he's not guilty? If you watch the documentary, there you see his car coming in and out, his phone extraction had him in the area, and then he turned his phone. I mean that alone, plus his fucking DNA was on the knife sheath, plus on his online he was he bought that same knife on Amazon, same knife he used. I mean, the only thing we don't know is why, what was the motive?
Speaker 1: That's the only thing.
Speaker 3: But wasn't didn't we already find out that he was taking like criminology or whatever, and they felt like A wanted to get away with murder.
Speaker 1: He's never yes that those are theories, but nobody He's never.
Speaker 3: Said, Hadn't he said to somebody though, like I could totally get away with murder?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I think he did.
Speaker 2: I mean I think he before he did the murders, I think he was he did some kind of survey or questionnaire like if you murdered, this is anonymous, but if he did a murder, how'd you feel afterwards?
Speaker 1: Or how'd you pick your victims? Like that? Yeah? I mean really he did like that. And he was taking criminology at Washington State and he was a weirdo. And you know, there's all.
Speaker 3: These hates closed like any serial killers, like what motive do they have?
Speaker 1: I like killing? Right? It seems fun. He's just not happy and I have an urge.
Speaker 3: It seems like a good idea, like would it like you're not serial killers?
Speaker 1: Aren't? Like Oh I had to get back at this bitch for something, right, right? Listen?
Speaker 2: I mean he could have diden the perfect murder if he didn't leave that sheaf behind. It could have been because there was no blood in his car, no blood found in his car? How's that happen? But they show a route if you watch the documentary, they show that he didn't go straight back the route that he came. He took a longer route, like through the woods in the forest, which is I'm guessing where he fucking cleaned his car and got rid of all the blood stuff, probably threw it in a lake somewhere, the knife and his clothes and yeah, so I think he almost got away the perfect murder, and he was going to do it again. And I think that he might have ran into one of the blonde girls at a restaurant and she gave him, you know, no mind, And maybe that's what I mean. Everybody's theorizing, but we do not know from him why, like what is the motive?
Speaker 1: But yeah, now he's like, yeah, I can't get a vegan lunch in jail because he's a vegan.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, they're mean to me in jail, like Andrew Tate too, And all of Andrew Tate's crazy followers are like, it's not fair, like he's not being treated.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know anything. I don't really know and about it. He's from England, right, I know that he's a despicable part. But I don't know really sex trafficker. Oh he was a sex trafficker. But he's in jail, right he's.
Speaker 1: In jail right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they had to put him in solitary because people were being mean.
Speaker 2: Oh, pro fucking jail, Like, what do you think it's not the comfort in.
Speaker 3: If it was the comfort in, that would honestly be a deterrent, that would be a better deterrent.
Speaker 1: Than just regular jail.
Speaker 3: Just be like, I'm just gonna lay on my cot and I'm not going to put any of my stuff on the floor.
Speaker 1: I got my pizza on a cardboard.
Speaker 2: How did you put your pizza in the in the microwave with no literally top of.
Speaker 3: The so there's like the glass plate, the glass thing that turns around. I had nothing to put it on, so I just put it.
Speaker 1: I just beare butt. Put it on there, put it on there. I needed to eat it. I was starving.
Speaker 3: I was like, there's no way I can fall asleep without any food.
Speaker 1: We had real slim pickens and there was no plate.
Speaker 3: I wasn't there's no there's no room service, there's no house like you.
Speaker 1: Had to go get a spork.
Speaker 3: Yes, I had to send John back down there. I was like, oh, well, he well because he got this frozen fried rice. It's by like some off brand of like frozen food, not even like a Lian cuisine like that high end right, and he no fork. I was like, well, how are you going to eat it? He's like, fuck, you got to go back down. It's good luck with the smell in this place. Speaking of crime scenes, yeah, yeah, Brian Colberger had gone through exactly.
Speaker 2: Like if he would have been had one night there and that was his you know, jail, he made I guarantee you.
Speaker 1: If we had one of those lights, the old those you know, the what do you call it luminol if it would have been a crime scene in the oh god, oh god, I don't know what's gone on in that room. Who stays at those places? Criminals?
Speaker 2: Probably right, well probably like yeah, people then have to you know, do sex work and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Probably yes, by the airport, all by the airport, guys that just want to you know, have a one night stand while they're stuck. I feel like.
Speaker 3: If I was a sex worker, I would I want to like, I would want to charge enough that we could do it at like a nice, nicer hotel yeah right, yeah, like a higher end, yeah, slightly, Like I'm not gonna waste all the money on like the highest end, Like I'm not going to like unless I'm like Heidi Flies, Like what a Heidi Fly's girls, right, and you're gonna stay somewhere nice. But probably my clientele at my age, I'm assuming, Yeah, you're not gonna get like the best guys, you know.
Speaker 1: Right, but you could go up a couple of matches in your hotel, I would.
Speaker 3: I feel like I would be travel much, yeah, like a trot like yeah, yeah, this place was next door to a motel six. Now I know, I'm saying that that was the grossest place I've ever stayed at that comfort, And I will say that when I was young, and we talked about this a few weeks ago as well, and we would go to Vegas, my girlfriends and I would stay at a motel six, right, because.
Speaker 1: We'd be like, it's so cheap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, back to like twenty bucks, yeah, you know, which you split like four ways, right, but you're but at the same time, you're like almost not in the room at all.
Speaker 2: No, you just go there and you pass out right. Yeah, back in when we were in our twenties. Yeah, we would stay at the like the shittiest hotels in Vegas, in like downtown Vegas, not on the strip.
Speaker 1: Right. Then when we got jobs in our twenties, then we would stay at like the Flamingo, yes, or the Rio, one of those.
Speaker 3: Where there was one that started with an eye, like the like Indo Chine or something.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah yeah, uh huh.
Speaker 3: It was like kind of in between, right, I think it'd have like an Asian theme. Yeah, but it was right in that but right by the Barbary Coast and.
Speaker 1: The Domingo right there. Yeah, we stayed at the Barbary Coast.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Barbary Coast had the best, like shrimp cocktails, the dollars from cocktails.
Speaker 2: Yes, two ninety nine Prime rim Yes, those were the fucking days.
Speaker 1: Those are the days. Vegas is not like that at all anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those are the days where you could go to Vegas and get prime River, you know, four dollars, yes, and shrimp cocktail.
Speaker 3: So okay, this is totally off topic, but because I was reading this book called Positively Fifth Street, which is by James McManus and it's his accounting of a crime that happened where Ted Binyon got killed in Vegas.
Speaker 1: He was the owner, he was the son of.
Speaker 3: The owner of the Binion, which is a downtown hotel where they did the World Series of Poker.
Speaker 1: That's like where it first started. They had these poker anyway, and Ted's sister ended up taking over these poker tournaments. Anyway.
Speaker 3: It's a really like fun book. And so Jim McManus, James McManus is the author of the book, but he's also a journalist. But the year he was going to do a story about this murder that happened, and it was the trial was happening, he also decided that it would be fun to also try to get in the World Series of Poker and report on that at the same time.
Speaker 1: So, wow, your two worlds are colliding, and my gook through crime and poker. I was in heaven. I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: This is all I did. Was I read all I read on the plane. I just read this book. I didn't listen to a podcast, I didn't watch anything on the way back. It's such a good book. But I was getting so like re excited about poker, and I was like, fuck, because you know it's illegal in California. Yeah, the online poker, you can't play it anymore. I think Gavin Newsom caused that. So then I was like, god, where can I go play poker? I'm like, I could try to have a game at my house, which I could, Yeah, that would be fun.
Speaker 1: But I wanted to play like a real, like a.
Speaker 3: Tournament of poker. So then our friend Robin Robin, she remember a year ago, it was basically almost exactly a year ago. I went to the Autism first.
Speaker 1: I remember that, and I played poker and I with Mark Wahlberg. Yes, I remember, yes.
Speaker 3: So I was like, hey, when's that poker tournament and it's coming up. It's like literally in a week. But I think last time I got some in on some early bird thing and and remember I got like my ass handed to me by these guys.
Speaker 1: But you should agress. Yeah, but you'd got to do it again, I know.
Speaker 3: But you know what, it costs two hundred and fifty dollars to buy in, and I don't even know what you win.
Speaker 1: It's like I don't even think you win for charity. I know, but it's like that's a that's a chunk of change.
Speaker 2: And then also imagine who could be there this time. Maybe Dylan's there. He lives in la I know, per se Percy.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you should come. I would go. I don't know how to play, but.
Speaker 3: Well, you don't have to play, and you could just come to the thing. It's like, all right, it's like a fun event. It's only one hundred and fifty if you're not.
Speaker 1: Playing, Okay, let's go. Oh so maybe we should just go and I won't play poker because oh you need to play, Stephanie. I don't know anyway.
Speaker 3: But either way, like a lot of those guys from the show will probably be there.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they will. So where when it's coming up again?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's at like the studios, like I think I was at the Mary Tyler Moore studios.
Speaker 1: That you know, it's like it's studio city. Yeah. Yeah, it's like not that far. That would be fun.
Speaker 3: It was super fun, and you would you would come, like with me and Robin, that would be fun.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me, let me, let me okay, let me think about it. I don't know, but yeah, but I was getting all excited. I was like, I want to be playing poker. He really goes through all his hands and so spoiler alert, he buys into a satellite game which is like one thousand dollars, but he wins. He basically wins his way wins a seat at the at the main event, which is ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: But then he plays the main event and he ends up at the final table, which and he's just a journalist, like he's not a professional booker player. So he's going through all the hands that he gets, and he's playing against these really famous like major poker players like TJ.
Speaker 1: Cludier and you know, I mean not Doyle Brunson, because I think he was probably dead by then. But what year was this. It was in the nineties. How fun? That sounds like the greatest book ever.
Speaker 3: It's such a good book. It's very fascinat what's it called. It's called positively Fifth Street. And I'm Facebook friends with him, so I'm like, I got to go back and talk and tell him, like how much I re enjoyed his book. It's like, you know, it felt brand new to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, all right, well listen, let us say hi to our friends once again. We got Katie's rolling on the e yeah, and christ to get the strap, and Sandra's not easy being green. Aaron, She's dirty, Sanchin and Leslie stop coffee, Alice Escalade, City of All Monday, Kelly Brandt, Cheez your aunt, Rebecca Nobay, so have.
Speaker 1: Us smack that ass. Missy and Gabby are in in Vegas at the time. They're trying to join the tournament from the nineties. Yep, Katerina, check your molar.
Speaker 3: Valerie hits it out of the park, Polly and your syrup. Syrup Rita's rocking that basinette with all of Elizabeth Williamson's kids.
Speaker 1: Nikki call your girl, Dick, you're frolicking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think we did all of the business shout outs. So just to remind you, Adam's got a car, but we mentioned that earlier with.
Speaker 1: That second card. Yeah, okay, love you guys your parent now, don't have it up.