Speaker 1: Here listen tons Who Podcast, episode four fifty eight. I'm brand I'm here with Ryan never we're gonna finish off talking about the rack dah oh man, I could feel just a turd coming towards the back of my brain. Fuck, okay, let me try again.
Speaker 2: We thought as much.
Speaker 1: No, that's it. We're playing that one. That's it. Here listen Leonard Who Coo Podcast, episode four fifty eight. I'm brand O, I'm here with Ryan and we're gonna finish. I was talking about dustborn legendary creatures by talking about the Commander Decks now in our thme s Hey, Ryan, We're back for yet another whirlwind adventure.
Speaker 2: How you doing good? What is going down?
Speaker 1: A whole bunch is going down? Since yesterday we have moved forward in time chronologically, a shorter time for for you, the viewer. We have some stories to tell, some decks to talk about, some people to thank. Before we get to any of that, we have to acknowledge our official business, Daddy's Fusion Gaming Online dot com, the source for all your gaming needs and Pile of Bones Brewing Coli are the second coolest thing to come out of Vagina and the official beer sponsor for CCO Side Walk Slam Season two right here on YouTube.
Speaker 2: That's it. You'd see our promo code CEO Summer on the beautiful Damn Studio set. Big thanks to producer Gary and producer Valor in there today. Big thanks to Fusion for the promo code. If you want to get a discount on any of your stuff, of course CEO Summer you'd see it on the screen there if you're watching on YouTube, what should be Big thanks to editor Joe as well, working overtime burning the candle out of both ends? Have you from both ends?
Speaker 1: Is there ever a reason to do that?
Speaker 2: Well, if you're editor Joe, you're into that.
Speaker 1: Well, Like, if you had a candle and you, like you, what do you have to do? You'd have to like kind of scrape all the wax off one end to make the wick poke out the bottom and then like, oh.
Speaker 2: Editor Joe's wick pokes out the bottom.
Speaker 1: Right, Does it give you double the light?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Does it give you double the heat? Does the light globe that the candle creates is it now twice the size I would assume or does it only? Is it now oblong shaped?
Speaker 2: Also? Yes?
Speaker 1: And it just extends out to the side a little.
Speaker 2: Bit brandology everybody. That's why we pay them the big bucks.
Speaker 1: That's right, asking the real hard questions. You know, ill bention. There's somebody out there that actually knows done.
Speaker 2: Does the light penetrate into the darkness? And if you and and is it in a vacuum or not? Well, fire can't burn in a vacuum, I guess because it needs it needs air.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it literally can't do. What the hell is that dog doing?
Speaker 2: We got the we picked up a kid, we picked up a dog man. We've got a pile of bones, our stunt beers. This is the lime hibiscus, very good.
Speaker 1: I got the chuck.
Speaker 2: Stout, Uncle Brando's favorite.
Speaker 1: What exists on the earth right now is all that will ever exist on the earth.
Speaker 2: That's it. Saving that one.
Speaker 1: Get it.
Speaker 2: Maybe we'll drink that as a celebration one day.
Speaker 1: Because it's really good. We were there a couple of weeks ago. It was really good.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so fun. Have we said thank you to Pile of Bones yet? Because they hosted us. It was a fantastic night. I had nachos. You had something that probably took you four hours to eat. I both enjoyed ourselves.
Speaker 1: It was just like when we were in Vancouver and I ate that same burger for like an hour for the exact same reason, because the burger was so flip and good, and I didn't want to not have the burger anymore, so I just ate it really slow so that I could keep eating the burger.
Speaker 2: I've got the opposite I've got the opposite philosophy covered. If it's good, I want to put as much of it inside my body as soon as possible. Oh hey, that works too. Hey we can get into an argument on the internet and still be friends. What Yeah, So we're gonna we're gonna talk a little bit about the Dusk Morn House of Horror pre con today. We do disagree on some parts of it, but we will still be friends before we get to it. Don't forget this weekend command Fest Toronto. If you're a Torontonian or a Greater Tourrontonian, like if you're in the Greater Toronto area, or if you're in anywhere in Ontario, anywhere in Montreal or Quebec or whatever, come on CEEO code. When you buy your command Fest package're gonna get you a discount and a free gift from your good friend Ryan. So come on down. We've got CEO Experience Calgary coming up in November. Sure do get on to the Patreon page patreon dot com slash CEO podcast for that, because man, that is gonna be a fun When I told my cousin about it and she's like, oh my god, you guys are actually doing like a full experience here. Is she gonna stay in the houseless Most likely not. I'm just gonna tell her, you know what, nerds only, nerds only, and she might be in Mexico. Arriba ariba. Oh that's a Mexican thing, I think, so sure, yeah, sure, okay, yeah, that's it. So again, Patreon supporters, you're going to get an invite if you're in the discord and you want to help be part of like the planning team. We've got some chefs, We've got people bring in like some pretty nifty and exclusive and expensive booster packs for open Flippy. We are quite intimately familiar with Calgary, so we kind of know our way around, and a bunch of the CEO dude bros that are coming are going to have vehicles, so it's going to be easier for us to get around than to have to rely on people like that. We usually have to rely on people to like bring cars or be chauffeurs or whatever. Yeah, We're going to have a lot of the supplies ourselves, so it's going to be a lot easier, which makes it a lot smoother and more fun at the experience.
Speaker 1: And I'm looking forward to like kind of being We are always kind of the host of the event, but it's going to be kind of fun to be like the host in it city that we know. Yeah, so we can show youse guys a good time in the same way that the nation has shown us over.
Speaker 2: The last few years in the cities that you guys are from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's exciting. I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 2: The tables tune yeah yeah, yeah. Okay, So with all that being said, we have in front of us the legendary Creach from the Dusk Morn pre cons. Now we have eight of them, kind of a like the main one and then the backup one. Yes, and I think the main ones are three three colors, No, because they're one of them, there are two or three colors, and we're just gonna go through and we're gonna take a quick look at the pre con. I have some questions about again that modern horror genre that Dusk Morn is kind of plugging the whole of don't google that and I want to pick your brain and I'm not seeing them.
Speaker 1: Like remember we talked on this overall set review. Well, just I'll just answer your question now. Sure. We talked about how like I said, this cit hit said, hits it so hard on the hand it.
Speaker 2: With with like with here are here are the tropes Annabelle and Jason and Freddy Krueger and saw like in a straw did with the classic horror like werewolves and vampires and Jacquelin Hyde, for example.
Speaker 1: I commented that maybe it might even be a little bit too on the nose. And these commander decks are kind of, in my view, the opposite where they they're just they're just commander decks.
Speaker 2: Oh they're they're they're just do you or do you see in the abilities or the arts of any of them, even if it's not a movie, do you see something like the weird House that's got like all the different doors and stairs and like the the eyes in the picture that move like on Scooby Doo, right, Like do you see that kind of stuff on any of this.
Speaker 1: Oh, absolutely, that is all the esthetic is there? Okay, But like the specific tropiness that just permeates the whole set not really present here in my opinion, which I think hurts some of these decks because I think, and again top down view, I think these decks are a little a little generic, and when they don't have the flavor that permeates the set, I think that they were really relying on the arch Enemy gimmick or really sell this set. I was going to ask you emy, and it doesn't boy, because Arch Enemy in my again, in my opinion, I think Arch Enemy is a trash form and I'll never play it.
Speaker 2: Mm I tend to agree.
Speaker 1: I will never play our genemy again. I do not like it no matter which side I'm on. It's frustrating for the the one against the three because you always lose and the cards that they're printing in these sets aren't good enough to help you beat three actual commandment.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll decode that these four pre cons are balanced for gameplay against each other, as they always are. Now, when you get four precons, yeah, there is not one that is distinctly stronger that is always supposed to be the arch enemy. Correct that when so when you do arch Enemy, that one always loses.
Speaker 1: Correct?
Speaker 2: Oh okay?
Speaker 1: And then if you and if you try it with like your actual tuned decks and just with the arch Enemy decks, that's even more apparent because like your decks are tuned to beat three other people, and when you only have to beat one and you have help, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can you see you thought of it that way? It's funny that Plaine's Plane Chase is so beloved and you and I love it, and the way that we do it is is so unique and fun for everybody that we kind of meet and introduce to that format, and ourch enemy is just sucky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if I could get the old arch Enemy cards and like mix them with these ones, I would actually or maybe if you have them, you could let us know how many Arch Enemy cards do you actively have to be a to play during a turn to actually make you a threat to other to three other players?
Speaker 2: Let us know in the comments, let us know if.
Speaker 1: You've done it or you've ever tried it, Like we made Plane Chase better by changing the format, yes, so that we like it better. Maybe people have done that with our chenemy.
Speaker 2: Let us know if you need a refresher on our way to play plane Chase. We've done episodes on it in the past, but it might be good to do a modern take on it. Yeah, so let's look at the first commander.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Winter cynical opportunist sounds like me. Yeah. This is a two to five human warlock for Green Black two with death touch when Winter attacks Mill three cards. Cool, Okay, so it's doing Gulgari stuff already, death touch and milk. It's got delirium. At the beginning of your end step, you may excel any number of cards from your graveyard with four or more card types among them. So four different card types. If you do, put a permanent card from among them onto the battlefield with a finality count on it. So each turn, I'm going to maybe mill card types, sure, and then I'm going to probably reanimate one of them. I'm probably gonna have to supplement that self mill and we're gonna see some of that in the pre con. But this guy isn't speaking to me with a whole bunch of authority or power.
Speaker 1: No, he's And you have to do delirium over and over again. We talked yesterday. I don't really like delirium because it's like a weird hoop and it's kind of a luck based hoop too, because you've got a mill into certain types of cards at all.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying now? There is the deck building cost of delirium is certainly there. Mostly we can get around it, especially if we're smart with our scryfall searches and we search for like artifact land right, or artifact creature or enchantment creature, and we can find all of these different card types. Yes, that's a deck building cost though, and and maybe we make some concessions if we find that if we're tooking, toking and tweaking and tweeting this deck, we find that it starts to work worse, which I think would happen if if we did that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I think that winter cynical opportunitists, as especially as the face commander of this deck is just's if you're gonna do dredge, which kind of he's sort of begging to do.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, play the netro Bloom.
Speaker 1: You get an extra color and a deck that's really really good, fucking good.
Speaker 2: Thanks to Uncle Brando and producer Gary not even telling me that my cup was still on the table.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're welcome.
Speaker 2: Let's look at the other commander for this deck, because it's actually good.
Speaker 1: I really really like this. Okay, this one's might I think this one might actually be my favorite.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you want to give him a read?
Speaker 1: I want to frand Ma. The Creaking Nest is a five to five for five legendary artifact creature scarecrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Whenever oh medics in reach Madison reach. Yeah, because he's scary and tall. Yes, whenever randomr Creaking Nest enters the battlefield. Wait what? And whenever you play a card with two or more card types. Yes, each player creates a tapped two two black bird creature token with flying The tokens are goaded for the rest of the game. So here's why I like that. It's a scarecrow commander that's actually good. So you don't have to play Reaper King, yeah, which is really cool. It encourages you to play scarecrows, which are artifact creatures, because they'll always make a bird.
Speaker 2: That's I didn't think of that, but yes.
Speaker 1: Again, because you're playing scarecrows, you're making crows that are then scared to attack you. Right, So there's a little story in there, and it's got a really cool art on it. I really like that. I'm not sure if i'd build it because there's not enough really good scarecrows yet that I'm gonna gonna do it. But man, that that's a cool card, and scarecrows are printed. Boy, this is gonna be a cool deck.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you something. There are scare there's at least one scarecrow man rock, and there are two scarecrows or a scarecrow in an equipment that have the untapped symbol in them. And you could play necrotic Ooze in here, and you could play that new Marvin the Puppet guy in here, and you could have a little bit of a scarecrow combo deck where you're also encouraging your opponents to attack each other.
Speaker 1: Each other up and then you're doing.
Speaker 2: Your own thing, trying to like wait it out and combo by giving them things to do to each other for free.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or hear me out, just play necroblu. I don't need any of that crow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess you.
Speaker 1: Could, And that's kind of the thing better. But like, I feel like, if that's your kind of gimmick or your plan, you're there's better options, very recently printed, better options then than these ones. So I think overall, if you.
Speaker 2: Burp into that microphone one more time, I swear I am going to fucking put you through this table.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I think that overall, this deck is just not to the level that I've come to expect of WATSI when they're building.
Speaker 2: I got I got one, even I'll do you one better.
Speaker 1: I think it's just.
Speaker 2: I I agree, And also I feel that way of the entire Gulguri color identity, I don't think it's very good, and I don't like the direction it's been taken in. I think that if you want to do graveyard stuff, just use black and save yourself the money and the mana and the shit that you got to do. I think if you want to make mana, black is fine, and green can do it, and green can mill, and black can mill yourself. In both regards, they both can reanimate. But when you put them together, it's like, oh, why do I I gotta do this thing and jump through this thing and do this other stuff when really All I want to do is make creatures play green. All I want to do is reanimate big guys play black. Why do I have to like mill three cards and just get I guess it's the dirty value engine that I just don't like. It's the reason I don't like monol artifact decks, because it's just like, I'm gonna tap this and do this and do this, do this, and oh okay, at the end of my eight minute turn, I put one plus one on my guy and I'm tapped out and I milled two cards and go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you feel the same way about Gilgari as I do about is it?
Speaker 2: Ah, they're just kind Is that what that feels like?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're just uninteresting and I I, yeah, I get it. So I think, and I think that this deck is a very solid example of that. It's just well, nothing wrong with it. It's just no, not exciting when we look at the.
Speaker 2: Deck too, and again not a knock on the deck if you like it, but when we look at the deck, when you add up all the value of the cards that are in it. Now we're not the command's owner. We're not doing an hour and a half breakdown per deck. It's not what we're doing. This deck's one hundred and nine bucks Americans.
Speaker 1: That's like three hundred Canadian Yeah.
Speaker 2: Every other deck is like one hundred and fifty, one hundred and thirty, one hundred and forty. Right, every other deck is more expensive than this one. And I think a lot of the times that has to do with the power level and diversity of the commander and the decks that they can lead outside of the pre Con. And also because of the power level of the commander, that makes the pre con more powerful.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, so let's move on. Let's move on to what do we got here? Do you want to do the valgav Off deck?
Speaker 1: The Endless Punishment? This is our This is WATSI tries to do groups slug without giving you any of the group's lug stuff. I think I'm gonna Brando's hot take number two.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: This is a very badly built deck.
Speaker 2: Did anybody hear his shoulder crack when he did that?
Speaker 1: Ah? That felt great. I felt really good. This deck is very very badly done. And the reason I say that is because I play this deck in Mono Red in my tour brand deck. You can check that out on my architect page.
Speaker 2: And we've probably done many mono red decks that you can put your stamp of approval on also.
Speaker 1: And what that deck does is it punishes your opponents for doing things because this deck wants your opponents to take damage on their turns, and then it gives you no tools to do that.
Speaker 2: Well, let's read the two command It gives.
Speaker 1: You everything that you want to play in Ractose Lord of Riots, including Ractose Lord of Riots. But it's not the same. It's not the same. You know, you don't want to hurt your opponents. Sorry, In Ractose, you want to hurt your opponents on your turn to make your stuff cheap. Yes, and that's what this deck can do. In Valgavath, the deck that you just bought at the store and you play, you want to hurt them on their turn, and they didn't give you near enough tools to do that.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna read them. The full art one that you get with the pre con I think might be in the running for best art in the set. A very very cool piece of art there. This would make an excellent big card in Studio Cco at my house. Yes, shout out to anybody who can get me that four four elder Demon for Red Black two flying ward pay two life. Sure, that's not even a ward. Really, I have lots of life. I don't care. Whenever an opponent loses life for the first time during each of their turns, put a plus one counter on Valgavath Herror of Souls and draw card. So when they lose life on their turn yep, so I would be encouraged to do instant speed damage to them, or PingER damage to make leg or or sulfuric vortex to make them lose one life on each of their turns.
Speaker 1: Or there's man of b Yeah, the creature, the dinosaur. Whenever a creature comes into play, they take one. There's so many of those that they activate a manna or an activated ability that is into manna ability they take to Yeah, all that stuff, and there's barely any of it present here.
Speaker 2: There's not even a because it's on the reserve list. Forsaken wastes another price spike card, this one three percent increase in price from four dollars up to at its peak, twenty six dollars, and it's a players can't gain life enchantment for three from mirage and it says during each player's upkeep that player loses one life and if they target this they lose five life. Neat, So it caught this card. And what's the other guy's name? Not Valgavath, the Lord of Pain. Now that's a cool name. That is a cool this guy is is this supposed to be the Saw guy?
Speaker 1: Mojo?
Speaker 2: That's what's mojo from? That's an Austin Powers thing.
Speaker 1: No from from X Men. Mojo? He was this guy. He's like this international or intergalactic alien asshole that runs like a Okay, play video, play dangerous sports and die for real on TV. Oh that's still that's sort of what that's the vibe I'm getting on this.
Speaker 2: This is giving me the Saw vibes, like Jigsaw vibes. I'll read them. And because he kind of cares about the same thing, he's a five to five menace. Opponents can't gain life for five sure rachtels and three Whenever a player casts their first spell each turn, choose another target player. Lord of Payin deals damage equal to that spell's man of value to the chosen player. So if we had both Valgevath and Lord of Payne out, they cast a spell somebody takes damage, I draw a card and put a plus one on Valgabath.
Speaker 1: Because they have to take damage. They have to take damage on their turn. So when they play a card, somebody else takes damage, you don't get shit.
Speaker 2: Choose another target player.
Speaker 1: Oh here, here's what I know.
Speaker 2: I cast a spell on your turn, and I choose you, and then I put a plus one and draw card and this guy deals damage to you.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: So I gotta have both of those out. To do both of those things, I gotta spend nine man on two cards of my deck.
Speaker 1: And then play cards from your hand at instant speed. It's a lot of it's a lot of jumping through a lot of hoops.
Speaker 2: And I like a lot of the words in the arrangements that they're on on these two cards. I think that they're good cards.
Speaker 1: Yes, but are they? And here's here's what I don't like about Lord Pain is it's not a may And when there's only two of you left and you have to pick somebody that isn't the person that played the spell. What happens when it's just you and me and you're playing the Lord of Plane? I love that, and I time Stretch. Oh oh right, well.
Speaker 2: If you time stretch you probably win. Or Lava What if I lava ax you I take ten?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: You know what in the pre show a couple days ago, I said that I like when cards take a known thing and take us in another direction, or maybe the opposite direction. You brought up Ractose Lord of Riots. I want you to take damage on my turn to make my creatures cost less. Yeah, in the same color combination, and maybe with a lot of the same cards. I could do Lord of Pain or Volgevath, and I care about you taking damage, but on your turn it's the same thing, but the opposite. And that makes them different decks. So to compare them is like kind of not fair. Even though they look they look the same.
Speaker 1: I'm comparing them because the cards selections for both the decks are very similar. Ah, That's why I'm comparing them.
Speaker 2: Ah. So like like blood Artist, blood Seeker, like Aristocrats, and when you play something you take damage like a like a Mayhem Devil And what's the other one, harsh mentor right, like those cards would maybe be in rack Doose decks. We've got a Ractose Lord of Riots in this deck. Which, man, you don't have noticed a lot about these pre cons. Tell me and and maybe did we say this on the show already or is it just you and I talking about this off air? Is you see like these hundred and some dollars reprint values and it's tied up in a few cards that equal like maybe forty dollars, And then because you've got one hundred more cards or ninety six more cards that are all between twenty and seventy cents, it's like, oh wow, the deck is one hundred and forty two dollars of value. Like I'm going to trade in every single basic land and actually get money for it. Like, no, that's not how this works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not how you do it. The value for your money is in the playability of the deck, and that's what I've been saying. I feel like these are kind of lacking. I really do. I'm not saying you're not worth it to buy. This is a very novel idea for a deck. Ryan is right, but out of the box, it doesn't do the thing, and it says it does. Bro.
Speaker 2: They got massacre girl, massacre worm. They got some hitters like feed this warm bedevil, blood packed No, that's not what am I thinking of grave packed. That card's good, that's a good card. Yeah, they've got some good cards in here.
Speaker 1: There's some there's some good stuff, right like it's it's there. It just it doesn't when you read the front of the box and it it says endless punishment, it doesn't do a lot of punishing. This isn't a punisher deck. It's just a rac doose deck.
Speaker 2: Maybe with some tweaks it would be right.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you could build this now that there's a commander to do, Like I'm gonna do damage to you on your term, I'm gonna get value for it. Now that there's commanders to do that, you and I or you out there can do it. Right, You could totally build these decks. But WATSI didn't do that for you.
Speaker 2: I want to try and find something that we can say about these that's positive and and well. And maybe the only thing so far is if you scro guys awesome, If you buy all four of them, they will be balanced to play together. Sure, And a lot of the times I've found at our lgs and people do buy all four of them. That's true, right, Yes, So I guess if you're if you're planning to pick up pre cons, maybe maybe you say, like, oh, I'm not gonna buy my my booster box of play boosters and one pre con. Maybe I buy all four pre cons and play them together on game on game Night. Yeah, and then I just buy singles from Fusion for the rest of what I want to own from the set instead of trying to crack them from packs.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, maybe that's the solution.
Speaker 1: And for the record, also, we're not gonna go into individual cards because you don't have time for all that stuff. But the new cards that have been printed in these precons are ten per deck.
Speaker 2: Mm hm. Besides the arch enemy schemes or whatever they're called, yeah.
Speaker 1: They actually there are actually some cool ones. There's a rebound creature kill spell. Yeah, there's one that lets you play cards off the top of your library by paying life.
Speaker 2: Some of the door enchant MEAs your room enchantments are only available in the pre cons.
Speaker 1: And there's some really neat stuff in here. So it's not that they're not valueless, it's not that there's bad cards or they're bad decks. I just think that they've set a certain bar, a certain standard, a certain expectation and they didn't meet it this time. They just didn't.
Speaker 2: Yes, and you have to not compare these pre cons to the modern horizons three pre cons. You can't do that. It's not what we're doing.
Speaker 1: No, not at all.
Speaker 2: But with slight correction, Commander exclusive no pre con exclusive rares can be got in collector boosters, right, yes, okay, so we could get them in the three hundred and fifty dollars product instead of buying all of the pre cons for two hundred and fifty dollars. Yeah, because excitement.
Speaker 1: Yes, if you want to have less excitement, but all the cards, you could certainly buy the decks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fine. We've talked about that, especially like with Doctor Who when when every single card in the entire set was in the pre cors.
Speaker 1: Just buy them and get them and you have them and that's awesome. Yeah. Next up, this one. This is my least favorite of all of them.
Speaker 2: Man, I thought, frick, I thought, we hit your least favorite already, We're going this is the one.
Speaker 1: This is the one that scrapes the bottom of the shitty bucket. This deck sucks.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, this is another zimone one with the prime numbers and stuff.
Speaker 1: Right, she can take a long walk up a short hill and just roll down the other side into a bear trap.
Speaker 2: Man like, I will read her just in case. Okay, okay, Human Wizard blue Green two three three with Landfall. Hey, look at that. Whenever a land enters a battlefit under your control, uh, manifest dread that is mill two. Put one into your graveyard, manifest the other one. Okay, it's a two two face down creature that can be turned face up for it's manocost if it's creature, correct, Okay, if it's the first time a land entered this, turn, that's what you do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sugars wants to turn. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Otherwise you may turn a permanent you control face up.
Speaker 1: Cool awesome, So.
Speaker 2: Landfall manifest a guy face down or turn something face up? Morph it, I guess right, Radical guys this okay.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited to see another morphed deck.
Speaker 2: Can I have a Can I have like a the lucast of warm takes like this is this is sorry, I'm not talking into the mic. This is like a day old coffee temperature.
Speaker 1: Okay, It's like that pizza we earlier.
Speaker 2: This is a lead singer Commander front of the Commander pre con deck box for Dusk Moorn House of Horror that goes in the ninety nine of your fifteen year old morphed deck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go, dang, it's not good. No, that's not a no no.
Speaker 2: No landfall morph though that's pretty good. No landfall if this is in the ninety nine of my morph deck, and I can go like landfall morph and give all your like do the thing that my and some of the best morph cards came out in, like onslaught, Like if I can morph, bounce your guy, or if I can morph, put a permanent onto the battlefield, if I can morph give something protection, then attack with like, yeah, there are reasons to landfall and free morph your guys. Of course, like that's good, and this ought to go in the ninety nine of your morph decks.
Speaker 1: But keep in mind, keeping in mind, you have to have two lands come into play before you can do that. It's not one or the other. The first one you manifest dread, then you have to have another land come into play in order to morph something.
Speaker 2: Ooh, this got way worse.
Speaker 1: Of course it did, because this is a bad This is a bad card and a bad deck let's read the other one, because it's even worse.
Speaker 2: It's worse.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's even less exciting. We saved the best one for last.
Speaker 2: For the record, Kianni corrupted memory two to two for four. We're starting out strong illusion. It's it's blue green two.
Speaker 3: As long as Kiyani Kiyani kan Kiani Kiani sure power is even if okay, as long as Kiani's power is even, you may cast non creature spells as though they had flash yep, okay, that's good.
Speaker 2: So natively it's a flash enabler for my spells. Sure, as long as Kiyani's power is odd, you can cast creatures as though they had flash. M hmm, okay, that's good. Whenever you draw card out, there's the semic bullshit. Put a plus one counter on it. Sure is there room for more bullshit in semic bullshit? I suppose there always is.
Speaker 1: There could be. Pretty soon the whole deck will be so much bullshit you won't even know what you're doing. People will damn so much bullsheited of their deck they won't even do anything. Those have a bunch of two toos for fucking four, That draws them five cards. That's what they'll have oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two twos for four.
Speaker 1: Hey, like, like, who even why is this a legendary creature? Why is this a fancy card in the commander? This is so not good? Like it? And when you look at the deck list, like, it's not exciting. There's not a ton of amazing creatures you're gonna we got.
Speaker 2: We got a Shageky that's a powerful card. We've got an augur of Autumn that's powerful. There's powerful cards in here. We got a scoot Swarm that's good card. There's good cards in here that enable landfall.
Speaker 1: But you know what's better than morphing a scoot swarm just playing the fucking scoot Swarm and then playing a land and getting a bug that's better.
Speaker 2: Or getting like ten lands? Is there anything? Hey, there's a world spine Worm in here. That's a good reprint.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 2: There's a biomass mutation. You like that card, don't you know? Oh there's a rampant growth in here.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, Now that's powerful magic. If there's a Manolith in here, I'd be rock hard, just like Data Roach.
Speaker 2: Yes, very much so. New new art for Cackling counterpart. I know you like that card? Instance, speed clone your guy, that's a good one with flashback. But if the most excited we are is about a new art on cackling.
Speaker 1: Counterpart, the deck has failed.
Speaker 2: I don't think the deck has achieved what it ought to have.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, it this is this deck sucks. I'm sorry. I'm so unimpressed with every facet of this deck.
Speaker 2: Dig through time, I play that card, I play that card.
Speaker 1: But you know what, it doesn't make the deck good. It makes it kind of not good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, if you need the experimental Lab staff room and you don't want to crack collector boosters, you could always get this brecon.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what that card does.
Speaker 2: We're gonna move on, Yeah, we are.
Speaker 1: This the final one, though the final one is a This is a good one, and we were talking about it before we started the show with a Miracle Worker deck. Yeah, helmed by our girl Amanatu and the crazy Ghost Lady that we're gonna talk about is very good. This is a cool deck that brings back a type that I think was one of those unsupported Kindred decks. We'll say, right like, I want to play the Miracles deck, but well, there's not very many miracles. You have to jam them all to get the flavor in, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And some of them are not things that you'd want a miracle all the time, because when Miracle was invented, let's say, Commander wasn't a thing, right like, and Terminus is a great card, but like the Miracle Man entreat the angels. Yeah, is that one that I want in my deck all the time, because it's not very good if I don't miracle it the take an extra turn one. Sure, an extra turn is fine, but in a deck that isn't dedicated to combo or dedicated to aggro or dedicated to taking extra turns. One extra turn in your three color deck that isn't a combo deck might just be like drawn extra card, play an extra land. And it's only good then if you miracle it, right Like, So, I don't think Miracle is that good in Commander unless they give us more incentive to play Miracle and or they give us more Miracle cards. And we got both of those with this deck.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I think that that is fantastic. So I think that this one is the best one, Okay, And I'm never gonna play any of the shit that's in here. But I'm really happy that like five colored Mono at Angelira and is definitely gonna play this stuff. Yeah, and so we're a bunch of people that are watching and listen right now, and that makes me happy. Yes, this is the one that people are gonna get excited about and they're gonna buy it because they always wanted to do a miracle thing or they love enchantress things, and now you can do effing both on one card.
Speaker 2: All right, So Aminatu Veil piercer AVP black blue white one two four Human Wizard. Last time we saw Amanatu, she was a planes walker. Now she's just a little girl, just a girl with a stick YEP at the beginning of your upkeep surveil two already a fine effect. Sure, each enchantment card in your hand has miracle. Its miracle cost is equal to its MANI cost reduced by four colorless. And what that means is you may cast a card for its miracle cost if you drew it and it's the first card you drew this turn. Yea, So how how that looks or what that is is? Okay, you say, go, it starts to be my turn. I untap my lands, I pick up my first card in my hand like this, and I go, it's a miracle card, and I put it on the table and play it for its cheaper miracle cost. Like let's say I picked up a smothering Tithe. I can go draw, don't touch it, or shuffle it into my hand. I draw it, and I say, smoothing tithes for its miracle cost, which in this case would just be white, which is really good card, especially because I can get chaff out of the way and draw that smothering Tithe with her first ability. Surveil two and I'm in the surveil colors. I'm in the skry colors. I'm in the you also have white, I'm in all of the removal and interaction colors. I'm in the top deck manipulation colors. I'm in two of the three best enchantress colors. Right, I'm missing green, but black is I'll take it sure, Right, this card is a good card.
Speaker 1: I had an azorious deck for a little while that what I wanted to do so badly with it was have it be an enchantment, an enchantment deck that didn't play dudes, because all the enchantments make dudes and it functioned fine. Yeah, but the one issue I always ran into with it was these enchantments. I'll start at four, five, six manna and like, yeah, I had no play for the early game, whereas here that would totally solve all of my problems.
Speaker 2: In this case, you spend four mana one time and then all of your five drops cost one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's pretty good.
Speaker 2: It's you just built a deck like that, right, You're you just built a grul deck that has all the expensive enchantments that start at five and six Nana do all the crazy stuff that you would expect a five and six mana enchantment to do.
Speaker 1: But they're also four to four indestructibles with haste that draw me a card when they hit you.
Speaker 2: Yes, So if if you take that kind of power level or that kind of altitude of what can five and six men enchanter enchantments do lots, let's just make them cost one.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's also good. That's also pretty okay, Let's read the other one, because if this one's good and the other one's better, that means this next one is freaking the best one.
Speaker 1: Now, this one is i will say, arguably more powerful than Ammonatu. I think Ammanatu is more fun and interesting. Yes, that's that's what I think. Not as fun and interesting the Scarecrow guy, but fun and interesting. I like Ammanato more than I like that I think of Keys.
Speaker 2: I think Ammamatu Ammanatu might be top three favorite. Sure, I like that Lord of Pain, and I like Master of Keys the most. Okay, okay, black Blue, White x GEZ for a three to three legendary enchantment creature horror. All of that's relevant enchantment and creature, and it's a horror. So all the things that care about horrors could go in this deck if you didn't want to make an enchantment deck.
Speaker 1: I can't even get it with talks real bullshit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bullshit flying. When Master of Keys enters put x plus one counters on it and mill twice x, that's all the words I like. I like every single one of those words. I mill two times X. What like what if X is? If X is three? So I pay six mana for this it becomes a six to six flyer where I mill six right, and each enchantment card in my graveyard has escape. The escape cost is equal to the card's mana cost plus exile three other cards from my graveyard, and you can cast the card from your graveyard when you pay its escape cost. This and you might have heard of it is an esper colored underworld breach in your command zone. Dang. And anybody who knows the power of underworld breach, whether they've lost to it, because you probably have or beat somebody with it, because you probably have exactly knows that this is frickin' good because it doesn't go away at end of turn and it has upside over and above underworld breach. Other than costing more manna than Underworld breach, it's a trade off because it's a flying creature that also facilitates the strategy and.
Speaker 1: Gives you more colors. And it looks cool and it's got rad ard. Yes it's also cool.
Speaker 2: I would also want this big card, yes, very creepy.
Speaker 1: I would like just like that picture.
Speaker 2: Of a probably probably a nice foil to hit, especially with the enchantment border. Like this enchantment border that a little bit of a different treatment they do. Looks good and foil. This card is frickin' good and is the reason for the the booster Pac game we played on the pre show on Monday, we were hinting at a card that spiked in price and it was called and it's called second Chance. I own this card. It's from Urza's Someone at the Hammer Destiny. I don't care Legacy, Legacy, second chance, Blue two enchantment. During your turn, if you have five or less life, sacrifice second chance and take an extra turn.
Speaker 1: Neat.
Speaker 2: So I'm playing black, and I have things like hatred and ad nauseum and necropotents and anything that lets me pay life to do stuff. Bullus is citadel. I just put myself the five tutor for my second chance. Let's face it, this is the fucking deck. I put it into play, and I take an extra turn when I sacrifice it because I'm at below five.
Speaker 1: And then you make the joke who says you only get one second chance?
Speaker 2: I don't know what joke that is Zephyr a movie.
Speaker 1: That's the joke because you only get one second chance, right, you only get one chance to make a first impressions. Oh no, I got a second chance, to take a third second chance and a fourth second chance.
Speaker 2: So what I do is with what I do is with all of this uh cards in my graverar that I milled because my commander put them there. I exile three of them and get the second chance back. So on my extra turn, I can take an extra turn. Right, Well, I have to do it before my second turn because this triggers during my upkeep, so I got to do it before my extra turn. But the point is is you can take infinite turns with this in a in a deck where you're facilitating that strategy because you're milling yourself and you have all the tutors, and you have the ways to limit your life total down to nothing. Right, and as if it's only black that can do it. What's that legend that where you swap your power your life total and its power. You put yourself to four because it's a four to four or whatever, the tree of Pradition. I didn't even think of that one, but we could use that one.
Speaker 1: Also.
Speaker 2: That one puts you to thirteen.
Speaker 1: I think that's not low enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thirteen, and then I only get to draw like eight cards with nec repotents hey man to combo for infinite turns? Yeah? Oh fuck? What was me? So? I like this one the best. I think it's got obviously like the highest power potential. Yes, and and the coolest kooky build. Like I called Rebecca into the office last night and was like, look at this stupid card that I've owned since nineteen ninety eight that I've never done anything with except like use it to keep a table from wobbling, And now it's spiked up, like doubled in price because it combles with this stupid card here that like I already liked doing the things that this wants combo mill bullshit. And and she was like, whyeah, you're a nerd.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna yeah, I'm gonna leave the room. Why did you make me come in here?
Speaker 2: And I had a gay old time. So that's my final thought of the day.
Speaker 1: I'm going to tell a story is my final shot of the day. So I cracked a couple of packs over the New weekend. Yeah, crack, that's insane.
Speaker 2: Was it on a BBO?
Speaker 1: It was not.
Speaker 2: Is it going to be No, we are going to have a bach supposed to say? Yes?
Speaker 1: No, the BBO is going to be a little bit later this time. Yes, because I'm going to do it with a box. We talked about it on the pre show. So check out on Monday where I've got some plans. So if you're waiting for the Dusk Borne one, it is coming, but it's going to be a little bit later on in the month of October, a little closer to Halloween. Sure, here's the story. I'm cracking a couple of packs. I opened my first room, okay, and I gives it to Sam. It's my girlfriend.
Speaker 2: She's sitting next to me, very nice lady.
Speaker 1: And she looks at it and what do you want me to do with this? And I says, what do you think of it? So it's like, why is it sideway? Because that's how they put the cards, that's how they make those. Yeah, these are stupid and I hate them. And she just threw it on the You just threw it down on the couch.
Speaker 2: And I was like, does she know you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Right, It's like, this is why we're together because we were the same. It's it's very good.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: So I like that a lot. So that's my whole thing. I actually, like I said, I'm let down by these commanders. We talked about these two great commanders. The deck itself is fine.
Speaker 2: There's a couple great commanders in the pre cons and there's certainly a lot of interesting, fun and cool cookie commanders generally in Dusk Moore, and that I'm excited to see and get lists for. So send them into the discord, get on the Patreon if you're a disc if you want to get onto the discord.
Speaker 1: So these commander decks, I would argue, are great for us because they give us some hints and some tools to build new crazy shit. Yep, they didn't necessarily do it for us, which is fine.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: I'm totally cool with a little bit less handholding. But again we said they set a certain barn reach it this time. But they made better.
Speaker 2: Give me give me forty card pre cons where they give you half a manabase, half the cards you need, like the staples that need reprinted and the new commanders, and make them like fifteen bucks and then and then I can finish them myself. Give me that. That's give me that. With these kinds of decks where it's like, oh, I want some of the new ones. There's a couple of good reprints, there's some mega bomb ass Masters of Keys, and let me get them for cheap. Give me that. That's again, that's a good one. Like that see we're full of fills in the Malwakee.
Speaker 1: Make sure you send to put my name on there too. Yeah, and some of that I want some of that watching money. So that's that's it. Is that it. We're going to be back to talk about deck lists. Keep them coming in. We've got your decks for producer Gary.
Speaker 2: Those are the Borols decks that you're.
Speaker 1: Going to learn to play on. We've got a couple of good ones that I think he's really gonna like. We've seen a few in the discord already for decks. Desks, decks from dusk morn. Jesus, that was twisted. I must have been talking for too long today. Yeah, I think it might be time to go home and play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, check out my ebook. If you want to alter cards, check out Fusion Gaming Online dot com. C CEO summer promo code is gonna get you a discount on anything you buy at the store.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and check out Pile of Bones if you want to drink beer and have a delicious burger and you happen to have the unfortunate situation where you're in Rigina.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's the whole thing, and we're going to be back next week. To talk, decks, cards and have a whole lot of fun, And a very special episode of Commandager Cookout podcast
Speaker 2: S