Speaker 1: I don't know how to dance look a lane and make it ghet a woman put the hands on their knees. Yeah, I can't even lie be running. I be trying to get out of the baby and break thrust my enemy.
Speaker 2: Let's go. You just sent me and I beat you out in front of your pockets and children. I don't even like no lame, keep my name about your mix. It's sick to say. I hearn't it. It ain't even gave me nothing.
Speaker 1: We woke up in the morning. Baby, it's a blessing. I'm trying to give a morning so she cooks me breaking. You know, I ain't come to play the yas snapping off the risk y'all.
Speaker 2: I'm saying I'm a.
Speaker 1: Favorite pro gally to what everybody looking.
Speaker 2: Forward to look.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to make a turn on the day the baby, make her forget what she learned from it down like a deepen the night I put up give it a deeper to night to fly.
Speaker 2: Her across the country. I finished the show, and now I got me. It is wrong. Okay.
Speaker 1: I admitted they're not as strong, so they're not gonna get it. Ain't on one on my own so they're not.
Speaker 2: Gonna feel it even went out alone.
Speaker 3: I stand on the piddle and piddle and pitdle and pit and he o the babies back on the cruise show, big introl right gow with it?
Speaker 2: Bro put that that intro to j Fuse Am I supposed to be CUsing? No? Yeah? Yeah, God, Baby, you say what the fuck? You want to understand me? Okay? Cool? Grand introduction? Man, that was crazy. Somebody send that to me. You got it? Yeah, too easy, We can drop it. See your cell phone number. Whatever you want to do. Man, it's too baby. You've been You've been through the show a few times. Man. Respect, I appreciate you. Come on, Bro, how the fuck is this something? How is this mixed?
Speaker 1: I'm still trying to figure out yao, my g Yeah, I just can't seem to god damn, you know, come to grasp with it. She's gonna put our album call her mix that'dred percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no features all the baby at all.
Speaker 1: I let I used the phone call for my Baby Talking hotline series that I do with a lot of fans to connect with me directly or whatever. I put a phone them up. I allow my fans to call in number. What is it thirteen? Ain't going shut out the brit Brad from Detroit. Okay, Yeah, that's her voice on there. It's yeah, we simpled her voice and her phone call for the beat. So if you want to consider that the feature, the only feature I got is one of my beautiful love and supporting of fans.
Speaker 2: You get what I'm saying that, Yeah, baby.
Speaker 3: You've been about the fans man for sure, feel it for sure and give me a reason, you say, blame my mama for my cocky blame my mama.
Speaker 1: For the way that I'm rocking, because she always instilled supreme confidence and that you know, just poured love and yeah, admiration. So yes, she never never spoke on her sons without putting the word handsome in front of it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So I feel like, yeah, I feel like this right.
Speaker 3: When I told that, we told the opposite and it's my ugly Yeah, this is my big headed that son, this is my Yeah, you know, she's gonna keep it real with me too.
Speaker 1: She didn't embarrass me plenty of times too, but even that develops character.
Speaker 3: That's that's that's like, Yeah, you ever get whooped in front of your friends? Oh, that's the worst.
Speaker 2: Punched in the mouth, he yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: My dad punched me in the head once in front of my friends. I was like, Yo, we're supposed to do this in private, dad.
Speaker 2: In front of Mario really good ship talking.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent, the biggest, the biggest. I come from a long line of ship talking. Sweetest woman in the world.
Speaker 2: But she definitely definitely a ship popa.
Speaker 3: No, that's great now, I mean you got to see the raw, the realness, right, so you got to see the truth as a kid, sure for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah. A lot of that is in your music.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, that attitude, that that swag, I guess that bravado.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's in the music. Right.
Speaker 1: That's the point for you to make, not a point for me to make. I think, you know, at the end of the day, it's just that's just me. We are.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, I don't really go out my way to you know, more often than not, I try to turn it down. You get what I'm saying more so than Yeah, you know what I mean. But I just you know, I just delivered, have it, have it come about me? That's how you know. That's how I give it. That's right, that's right. Have people called you a lyricist, Yeah, you are lyc They should they should, definitely.
Speaker 3: Like the fucking rant is dude, brong way.
Speaker 1: I'll been telling myself like sometimes I turn around look at the engineer the middle of rapping, like I don't know what I be on.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying? For sure?
Speaker 3: It reminds me of like Young Wayne, where you just turn the mic on you hear the lighter flo.
Speaker 2: What it is, and that's my fav that's my favorite rapper. Yeah, I already know.
Speaker 1: I already know, and you can you can hear it, but you know you're obviously in your own length. But when that mic comes home, bro, I don't know what the fuck happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Sometimes I don't even let the fucking beat drop. I just ready go back to the lyricist thing.
Speaker 3: How long would you say you know it took you to get comfortable and just sharpen up that that that.
Speaker 1: Ability that it depends on, like you know, at what point one would consider me?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: Really like because for real, for real, like before I pop, like as a as an artist, I dumbed the music down, you know what I mean, Like a lot of songs, like the caliber of the songs that I'm making out, like a lot of the songs that I tap back into in the making, like the creative approach with this new project that people loving, Like that was the shit I was making first, you get what I'm saying. But it's like, you know, coming from like a new artist or artists want to come up with local artists, especially when you got like so many different qualities to offer, Like I can be entertaining as hell. I can give you, know what I'm saying, club bangers, I can give you shit that can turn you up or whatever. But like I was making, like you know, vulnerable, heartfelt music and shit, I can do that too. I was doing that early on like my second or third song, you know what I'm saying. So I don't know to get comfortable with it though, like to like it was it was quick, like I never I was never rapping for fun, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like never, like I was never rapping for fun.
Speaker 1: The second that I stepped in front of my tubes might take me to a producer that could make me original beat. So I could start rapping like it was always was to you know, I was competing with not even competing.
Speaker 2: But yeah I was.
Speaker 1: I was ready to sit next to these niggas and these montherfucker. They quickly became my peers within the business. You know what I'm saying, Yeah, you're ready for like five years, Yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, humbly speaking, was there a song growing up even as a kid, right that you thought to yourself, I got to make a song like that?
Speaker 2: Not even making song when I was a kid, I ain't.
Speaker 1: I ain't had no desire to be a rapper, Like I ain't even consider rapping until I was probably I was a grown ass.
Speaker 2: Man for Charlotte twenty one.
Speaker 1: As a kid, I ain't had to make a lot of money. Yeah, you make a lot of money.
Speaker 2: I knew.
Speaker 1: I didn't have an answer like when, Like when I got asked, like you know, you ask kids.
Speaker 2: What they want to be there, firefighter or this or that.
Speaker 1: I was a kid, literally like I don't know something to make a lot of money.
Speaker 2: That was my square seven years old, real I was.
Speaker 1: I wasn't bullshitting at all, like even in school whatever year that is, it might be middle school or to beginning the high school.
Speaker 2: When they give you that day in North Carolina, they give you some shit.
Speaker 1: It's like a list and they have like all the occupations and ship like all the you know what I'm saying that you can go that you can go after. And it starts from like what's the highest paid? I got all the way down to the bottom along with like how long you got to.
Speaker 2: Go to school? All that other shit, and the highest one was like a doctor. And I knew I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't about to go to school for no nine years to be no fucking dogy. The other thing I ever, I ever, even somewhat like had had a desire to be, was a chef when I was a Yeah, but that ain't last long when I saw how much money they made. But I'm still a chef. Yeah, But to make a career out of a shift, that wasn't an option. When I saw at the house everything every good thing.
Speaker 2: I made good.
Speaker 1: I made good cornea side of taco and we was just cilantro onions.
Speaker 2: It don't take much little.
Speaker 1: I don't eat walking over though, I don't eat. I'm a texture. I'm a texture person. So It's like I don't really Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: At what point, what was the turning point where you thought to yourself, I'm making music from here on now?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: It was It was when I had got to the point to where what I was doing in the streets like it was, No, I had got to like I mastered it, you get what I'm saying. So I could have just kept making a lot of money and I would have went out of went fed you you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I'd have got out whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I don't mind everybody that I was, anybody that I was getting money with, Anybody was getting money on my left, like anybody who I was, you know, and and business back and forth with all them niggas. Yeah, when I when I said I'm about to start wrapping cold turkey and boom and kind of was like one for in, one for out.
Speaker 2: The rest of them niggas all went to prison. Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, eventually all of them niggas went to prison, got back, and they got back out.
Speaker 2: I was the hottest rapper in the world. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then those checks coming in, right, those checks start coming in, and you think to yourself, this is the ship I was talking about.
Speaker 2: When I was seven.
Speaker 1: Now hundred percent per definitely definitely manifested it all. Didn't know exactly what it was gonna be, how it was gonna be, but I definitely get everything.
Speaker 2: I said.
Speaker 1: I was gonna do yo fat with a pee, right, So it was crazy what it life from the back, I won't see. Hey, hey, is there is there a size limit to how big it can be for you?
Speaker 2: Baby? Don't discriminate. You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: As long as you're confident with that thing, it don't matter how big or small it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, matter the baby? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Okay, them the ones for real? Why put my shade? They're gonna I ain't get into it. I ain't gonna get into it. No, but it's a compliment, not for sure A thousand You know I'm all about, you know, just a woman, just a woman at zoom confidence man and you know, and just loving themselves. And I feel like that alone to make anybody the most beautiful person in the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just a mixtape. Was process is a mixtape put together? Back off my.
Speaker 1: Eyes meant to see. I'm trying to figure it out, you know what I'm saying. Go ahead, I bet I ain't triggering the process of making this right, what was that for you?
Speaker 3: What was that process for you know, life happens, and you know you got organizations.
Speaker 2: Well you're not going on your father. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: When it comes to when it comes to how to is this a mixtape? Like the process and making that one, it was it was simple. You get what I'm saying, because I didn't. I didn I wasn't intentional as far as you get what I'm saying, Like I'm not okay, boom, I'm making this song. It's like this is going to be the hit, this is the single, and put this and that. Like I probably got asked like fifty times, what's what's the single?
Speaker 2: Were targeting what's this? What's that? And I would just ignore it, ignore it, ignore it because.
Speaker 1: It's like I don't I don't have one, Like I want to get a fans of body of work and reintroduce them to the person.
Speaker 2: You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Behind the artists, I feel like, you know that's imperative at this point, like it'd have been three to four years since I don't put my heart into a project period.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So it's like, yeah, they gotta know who they listening to at the end of the day. All the other shit is cool. I can make a song go viral anytime I want to. You get what I'm saying, Like, I can make it, make it go viral.
Speaker 2: It can have the clubs going crazy, the show is going crazy. Whatever.
Speaker 1: But that ain't that ain't something I'm you know that I that I saught after when it comes to this project.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, It's time for them to understand.
Speaker 1: You know, what's up with the plat Yeah, I done did that, but you know, and that's that's you know, I hold myself accountable for that, for even getting into a space to where, you know, I allow myself to approach the shit like that because you know, uh that that really led to me or had something to do with me kind of following out of love with the creative process and how I go about doing it, you know what I'm saying. So you know, when you put out the body of work like this, though, none of that other shit matter, you know what I mean, None of that shit matter. You know, that shit is gonna stick, It's gonna it's gonna navigate through all bullshit because it's it's a real body of work, you know. And that was my approach with this, A lot of that shit. I just recorded the oldest song on that Can't Keep Keisha. I still just did that one like March. But other than that, everything else is was done within like the last month and I half.
Speaker 2: Everything was fresh like that.
Speaker 1: It's current, So it's current energy, right, and that's the way I you know, that's the way I would prefer to to put out my art anyways, you know what I'm saying. So the fans when they get it and they gravitate towards it, whatever, they gravitate towards whatever, however they connect with it. We were on the same frequency right now. It's time absolutely in the moment with it. That's then when they come to pushing the music like it's you know, it's me just expressing myself, expressing my current energy.
Speaker 2: It ain't it's nothing fabricated. It ain't me.
Speaker 1: You know, I ain't coming in this bitch and like, okay, look this it's gonna be the talking points. We're gonna say this to make people see this and do Nah, it's got THEMN the real deal, you know, And that type shit. That type shit. Moved mountains, bro that type shit. It's a difference, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Talk to us about the cover. Can you break the cover down?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm just standing on top of the fucking cyber truck was wheat Tom Zone like it is, you know, one of the most sought off the cars in the world. I mean the cover. First thing. First, my boy Joe, there you go. I was looking for you. Yeah, my boy Joe, Joe the man, you know, best photographer in the world. He took the cover and it's just you know, it's just a cyber truck part in front of a phantom in Charlotte, North Carolina, looking down a narrow you know, a narrow passage, you know what I'm saying. And it kind of you know, on hindsight, right, we was just we were taking a dope ass picture. Definitely lined up like spot on with what the project was. But on hindsight, like when I look at it, it's crazy how it come together because it's it's a reflective picture, so to speak. It's like me looking behind me, you get what I'm saying, but with my head up high, you know what I mean. While I'm standing on top the ship that I in acquired, you know, throughout my journey, not giving a fuck about it.
Speaker 2: You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I'm like exactly stepping on the ship, you know, and uh that that's kind of like what it symbolizes.
Speaker 2: Man, the the you know, summarize it.
Speaker 1: It's just it's a reflective yet god damn, you know it Also it also expresses, you know, like just dominance confidence.
Speaker 2: You get what I'm saying. I ain't even facing the camera, you know what I mean? Right now? I saw the pic. I love it.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of different ways to process that cover, but all in all, just a dope ass picture.
Speaker 2: Represent with the dope ass project.
Speaker 3: When I saw the cover, I thought to myself, oh man, that's good for the soul right now for show.
Speaker 1: And you know Elon Musk posted it, so it's like it gotta be so it got you know, it gotta be something for sure. It's it's the factory, you know, cyber truck. I ain't wrapped it yet or put rams on it, the none of that, that's right, none of the extra ship did everybody else been doing it? They probably like, why the fuck Elon post is? You know, what I'm saying, So I shout out to Elon or whatever. It's a dope ass car too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: What was the most valuable lesson that you've learned throughout this project? Would you say?
Speaker 1: Throughout the project? Like since putting it out right, since releasing this scene, how people receive it? Just to you know, stay true to my stick to my guns, and just stay true to myself with my art and my music and you know, let the rest play itself out for sure.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: That's how I came in the door too, you know what I mean. So it's like it's just such a great place to be in. But I'm just in that space now with just so much more knowledge, wisdom, patience, understanding, you know what I'm saying of myself before anything, you know, and and everything else around me, you know what I mean. So yeah, that's it. I learned plenty lessons in it, and I give plenty lessons. I give plenty of game within it, and and I love that about their project, Like that's something.
Speaker 2: That the motherfucker can put on and learn something a decade from now.
Speaker 1: You put their mother for gone, there's plenty of shit to learn from within that shit, you know, based off of my experiences and what I haven't been through.
Speaker 3: You know what, the line caught my eye right away, dog because it's so easy. But like, yo, you like the way you did it was that Draco.
Speaker 2: Draco Draco do now for show? That's my ship right though? Yeah? Right? So does it ever?
Speaker 1: You know, because there's obviously trying in my heart is not to put up a video singing to my drake. I'm like, see, this is gonna distract them. They they're gonna be like, see he on that bullshit, But I ain't. I'm just making it great and I really be having that motherfucker with me. I'm from North Carolina, by the way, you know where we but we can, you know, you know, we can exercise our constitutional right the bell on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. Nobody's taking y'all guns away and not having ain't going for it. They're not going for it. They can try for yah bluck. Yeah, they're not going down.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so like there's you know, you obviously lived a life, and you obviously live through your music. You feel me, There's a lot of people that necessarily don't. They're just they're good at executing position, right, does that ever intrigue you or bother you or inspire you.
Speaker 1: What like the fact that when you see people ain't about what they be talking about. Nah, I don't pay that ship no attention. I know it's your business season. Yeah, yeah, at the end of the day. I mean, because it ain't gonna stop. You know, it ain't gonna stop, you know it. It bothers me when I when I when I find myself or like when I see that I that I ended up finding myself like in the space to where I feel like, you know me, like my authenticity was was being taken for granted or it was underappreciated. You give what I'm saying, because I already know how this shit go. That's how going in real life. So it don't matter. Like so me even allowing myself to just slip in the space to where, you know, the where I expect you know, me keeping it real to you know what I mean, to be recognized. That ain't you moving backwards when you do that shit? You know what I'm saying, It ain't supposed to be understood. They got to be of that to understand it, you know what I'm saying. And if they of that then was understood. Don't got to be explained. So you know, look, finding yourself in a space to where you're looking for gratification for doing what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 2: That ain't that ain't how I was raised. You get know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That's when I find myself and I find shit rubbing off on me, like you know, when other people crying about not getting.
Speaker 2: An award, this or that, all that other puss sass ship.
Speaker 1: When I find myself in the skim of like but I'm sorry, But when I find myself got damn you know, like in them type spaces.
Speaker 2: You know which I have. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't find myself in them often, but definitely I definitely didn't slipped in and feel into like them type spaces where I feel like, you know, like I'm I'm like I'm entitled to like I know I'm better than niggas. I know this, I know that I know what out and did you know what I'm saying, I know what what what I feel like, I'm I'm rightfully old. But see that's the problem at old works. Don't nobody owe me shit at the end of the day, you know, And I also know that I can attain whatever it is my heart desired, and did it before, I know exactly how to do it again. So I think it's all about just you know, keeping a clear head and understanding. You know, every day when you get up, you gotta go get it all the way.
Speaker 2: Over again, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And everybody around you that got to be on the same shit or you gotta get away from around you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how do you enjoy your life? And how do you ensure your your care and love into my kids? There you go, you answer this for me?
Speaker 1: My kids and just watching you know how happy they are, you know what I'm saying, Just how happy and how much they enjoy their life, how carefree they are. You know, I enjoyed my life through watching my kids and my nephew. You do they have any toy in the world. Yeah, man, I'm toying, so I got they don't. My daughter still got toys in my crib. She's seven.
Speaker 2: Then she ain't open from her third birthday six months ago. Grew them already, know what I'm saying. I did that, by the way, she didn't open the ships.
Speaker 1: Again or she grew Actually, I don't like I don't like that and give them to my sister. But yeah, like it was giving bags with like Gucci book bags and ship all type of ship. I'm like, damn, like you know, like like real deal gifts. I'm like, I hope I ain't bouy that. I hope I wouldn't have wanted about that ship. So nah, Definitely my kids, you know, it's beyond toys. Like they enjoy just life period. They enjoy experiences, they enjoy they love being at the end of the day.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, whether you had a dollar in your pocket or a million dollars, Absolutely.
Speaker 2: We gonna have a ball.
Speaker 4: What's one of the craziest things your kids to say to you?
Speaker 2: Just like this is definitely my Well, kids will hurt your feeling, man, craziest thing. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Man, we're different over here, soout it's like I would have to do some some deep dive and or something crazy.
Speaker 2: They ever repeat back to anything to hear in the music? Nah? Repeat? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean they like my daughter, she know my music. She also know what not to repeat. You get what I'm saying, right, she Yeah. The discernment of my child is amazing to me. It blows my mind. You know what I'm saying. So if it's if it's if it's like some type of shit that I can classify as like, Okay, it fucked me up, Like it's crazy the type of ship my child says.
Speaker 2: It's like it's shit that like I don't.
Speaker 1: Expect her to like no or like be aware of you get what I'm saying, Like she just she blowed my mind. I'm telling you, like she she she really sees people and things, but like what they are, you know what I mean, Like she gonna be way she's gonna be way better than me, you know what I'm saying. And I'm just talking about just my oldest daughter. All of them, you know, special in their own way. So it's plenty. That's a hard question that like it's hard for me to some that up.
Speaker 2: But you'd be.
Speaker 1: Surprised, you get you know what I'm saying, because I am all the time and you and I helped create and create the little princess. So not definitely, man, my kids, they're definitely my pride and joy girl. Dad, how many girls do you have? Four girls and five princesses? Making No, that's my nephew, that's your nephew. That's my brother's son. Okay, Cerial, he's something different, man, my nephew. What you like being a girl, dad, Man, I don't have I love it.
Speaker 2: It's the best. You know.
Speaker 1: They say, they say your boy's gonna drop your ass off at that nursing home. Yes, they say, your daughter's gonna go right doing you. Besides, you're not for sure for sure, So now I love it, man, and my girls like they, I adore them.
Speaker 2: They adore me. You know what I'm saying. They doing me.
Speaker 1: They sit there, they sitting there beside they hold my face, wow with my last beard. And because to them, you're not your dad, I'm dad. I'm a fucking superhero to them and they superheroes to me. I believe it right now, stronger, Yes, definitely. I make remind him them for seven three sixty five that shit, man, Hey talk to me about gotta know and the intent behind, gotta know behind, gotta know, gotta know. It's really like one of them ship popping songs. Yeah, it's saying I probably made gotta know before I made a lot of the other ones.
Speaker 2: I was, did you have that? Nah? I just I still just made it.
Speaker 1: But I probably made Gotta Know in like June, and you know, it's it's a couple different things I touched on with Gotta know, like for real, for real, But like I said, it's like one of them ship popping songs.
Speaker 2: But when it get around to the hook, it is really just like on some you know, they don't even gotta know. I won't tell your secret. Who's song? That is your secret? Safe with me? Who is that? At least the kids? That's what I got.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, for sure, it's just one of them. It's it's a couple of different things I touch on. People could take away what they take away from it, but it got like that rage type feel too. It's it got a nice build up. When the beat drop, you know, it goes crazy. So got to know it's one of them. It's one of them to where you know, I lay it out there and give get it in energy, give all that and let people, you know, choose what the what the gravitate towards from. It ain't really you know, one sided or direct when it come to like you know what I mean in tension with it?
Speaker 2: What about Hollywood freak, Hollywood free?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that that just you know, that just exemplifies, you know, like like one of them, you know, one of them, beautiful, one of them, beautiful women you know out in Hollywood.
Speaker 2: You feel me. They know how to have a good time.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: You know, everybody let time right exactly, you know, everybody let her have a good time.
Speaker 2: I leave it at that. Yeah, yeah, celebrate. Everybody likes to celebrate.
Speaker 1: For sure, you know, yeah, not too much, don't celebrate too much. But yeah, yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Don't go too crazy, don't go too crazy. Don't do that. That ain't what you do. How the funck is. That's a matter of fact. I got to take them back. I'm trying to understand.
Speaker 3: Speaking of that body of work, what was the fastest song that you created within this body of work?
Speaker 1: That's just probably, uh, give me a reason. Yeah, probably give me a reason for sure. Either give me a reason or either give me a reason or ain't that a bitch I did that quick too?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Ain't that a bitch I did that quick too? Because that was really just you know, from the heart. It's like I'm just talking for real. Yeah, that's it. Yeah, they come together beautifully. But it's like, you know, when it's when it's that real deal. But give me a reason was definitely like you can kind of tell when you listen back to it, like you could tell from delivery and shit like that was one like as soon as I heard the beat out, boom, you know, so either give me a reason or or ain't that a bitch? That would probably be like one of the quickest ones. But really, with all the music on here, like I didn't. I didn't nitpick at none of it. Like I let it boom like all the way, like from the top to bottom, you know what I mean. I ain't leave versus open for potential features, none of that shit.
Speaker 2: I I didn't do none of that. There was no thought random.
Speaker 1: It just topped the bottom. Yeah, shout out of my engineer coach Brody uh Shine the first and ko they produced majority, you know what I mean. The of the records on that we really locked in on a on a whole other level. And those names that I mentioned like these is people like that I started with that I made like some of my first songs with that I really found my sound with as a local artist. So everything about the project, like it's it's so North Carolina, it's so Charlotte North Calin It's boom, you know what I mean, Like it's it's back to the roots, not only with you know, just my approach to creating and just staying completely authentic to myself, but just all the way around the board. Like the person that engineered it, they tracked the records out that he also mixed every record. You get what I'm saying, Like we had our hands on it. It stayed right there. It didn't leave got damn my house until it got them. It was done when it left my crib, everything about it and the master all that. When it left my crib, it came straight to y'all.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Wow, And yeah, that's that's the results that it's breeding, you know what I mean. And that's the connection that that it's happening with the fans and the listeners, you know what I'm saying. So I'm just blessed to you know, just be in a space to well, you know, I'm back delivering work, you know what I mean, in that form and that fashion and the way people receiving it. On the other end, it's exactly how I want to receive it. And I ain't even got started.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I usually motherfuckers don't even they don't even begin to try to receive my music till I give them visuals because they so used to being a visual artist.
Speaker 2: But they want to see the fact that I led.
Speaker 1: With fourteen songs like out of Nowhere, not the traditional roll out the pro mode for the ship, none of that ship. And the way people, you know, the way people is really like boom, Like it's like you can see it. I'm getting phone calls from from old holes. I ain't talk to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, stay away.
Speaker 1: Old Potner's got damn but Potner's friends, old friends I ain't talk to they. Yeah, it's making them pick up that phone and bruh, you get what I'm saying, Like that type of shit. So you see it, like you know, and and the respect that it's getting from from people that that I got respect for people who opinions that I respect, people who these tough crowds and you know and tough listeners and shit like I love it like it's you know, it covers our bases, it checks our boxes. So it's it's dope to just see it received, man, And how I want to be for sure.
Speaker 3: For sure, man, can you can you talk about the Baby Cares.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, mental health organization.
Speaker 1: I put together a program and just provide the resources in a safe space for people who do need, you know, any type of help when it come to mental health awareness or just need help period, you know. So with that being something that I need, my goddamn self, my family members need, you know, and and something that my family that been deeply affected by as well as just about one in one in every three families, you know what I'm saying around the world, if not every motherfucking family, and this is where everybody got somebody effected about mental health, you know, even if they're not aware of it.
Speaker 2: Shit, you see what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So it's definitely my way of just utilizing my platform, man, and the resources that I got, and you know, and and doing for others and trying to just create a safe space and you know, help others in ways to prevent them from going through some of the ship I done went through a countless other you know, amount of families haven't been through.
Speaker 2: So I'm definitely excited about that.
Speaker 1: In the summer, I'm doing it my late brother, So definitely excited about that. Something I've been wanting to do. And it's also you know, a journey that that will serve me. You know what I'm saying, My family members, the ones that I love, like Boom, like immediate family members. So you know, it's it's definitely something very near and dear to the heart and once again authentic. It ain't no fucking publicity, stunting, no none of that anything about it that it ever turn into that or feel like that to me. I'm not doing it, you get what I'm saying. So it's like it gotta be everything about it got to be one thousand percent, you know, from the heart and real.
Speaker 2: Deal because it's a real thing, you know what I mean. It's bigger than all.
Speaker 1: That big big all of us, right, Yeah, I don't give a fuck if I don't get saluted by one person for doing it. You get what I'm saying, Like, it's it's much bigger than that for me, much bigger.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man, I got an organization called Cruise Cares. Look at us, man, baby, look at us.
Speaker 2: Let's do it. We're doing big now, right, We're doing it big. Yeah. We help out a lot of family. That'sh it necessary, bro, that shit necessary. Commendable. Why make the decision to wrap up the project with Can't Keep Keisha? Oh? Really? I mean why.
Speaker 1: When it came to the track list? Man, that was that was that was hard for me. I probably made that call like last minute. I probably it was probably in a different order. And then I now, wait, y'all submitted it. You do this, you know what I'm saying. But really, what Can't Keep Keisha? Like, aside from like like the dope ass hook right and and how to hook?
Speaker 2: You know how to hook?
Speaker 1: It's an infectionous hook for sure, and that that really like that's catered to like the female audience, but at the same time, like the context of the song, it's much bigger than the hook, you know what I mean altogether, So I just.
Speaker 2: Felt like it was just a perfect close.
Speaker 1: I definitely didn't feel like it could just be placed anywhere in between. It either had to be you know what I mean. But it was just it's so much gas on there, bro, It's so much.
Speaker 2: Gas on that.
Speaker 1: And I just love the way that the little sample, you know what I mean. I love the way that ends the project and then it loose it right back around, you know what I'm saying to the intro to in a minute. So definitely I wanted to. I wanted to start it with a heartfelt song, ended with a heartfelt song. I did what I'm saying, and have everything else that you that your heart can ever desire in between, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So definitely body or work.
Speaker 4: No, I just going back to the to your mental health organization, Like I think that's just a beautiful thing, Like you caring that enough and like you said, you don't need people for validation you know any of that? Is there something that you aside from that want to pursue as well?
Speaker 2: In terms of what like.
Speaker 4: In terms of like organizations that I mean.
Speaker 1: Really like like like day to day right, like I already I already like just do whatever I can for others, Like that's just who I am as a person, you know what I'm saying. So in terms of like organizations like it would I ain't tripping like when it come to that, Like when it come to that, I don't like I don't know how many organizations. I'm pretty sure people could have plenty of them going on. But like the way I the way I give you know what I'm saying, or the way that I you know, the way that I allow myself to be at disposed of anybody, you know, who I need and anybody who I can help. I don't really, it don't matter to me if it's if it's a title put on it and it's you know what I'm saying and it's being covered or recognized. Just I just you know, I love to do for people, you know what I mean, Like when I ask for my blessings, when I pray for my blessings, it was.
Speaker 2: Never for me like anything.
Speaker 1: When I pray for my blessings, everything I'd have been blessed with, it was always I'm telling you, it was complete sentences. It was always so I could bless others, so I could do this, so I could do that.
Speaker 2: So with just me, Like that's just who I am as a person.
Speaker 1: I don't necessarily got no plans like when it comes to you know, like like different organizations like okay, I want to do this, I know, even with like the de Baby Cares, like I specifically want to target like minorities like people that look like us and the youth. Yeah, you see what I'm saying, Like that's what I'm on, you know, because that's who needed the most, that's who got far less resources.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Not only that, like the chips is taugh for us, you know, coming out the womb.
Speaker 2: You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: We already up against way more than anybody else. You know what i mean I'm saying. So you know that that type ship you got to be recognized by the ones who do got the ability and who do got who are in a position of where they can you know, have an impact on the ship.
Speaker 2: Got it. It's like with the youth, But.
Speaker 1: I'm on that twenty four seven, you know what I'm saying, Like when they coming to kids and all that ship, Like if it would be anything else I would do, it would be you know, for the kids.
Speaker 2: But that's also within that's along the lines that will be covered. That'll be a basically be covered with the Baby Carriers organization.
Speaker 1: We gotta be who we needed, right exactly. Yeah, growing up, did any celebrities ever come to your neighborhood or come.
Speaker 2: To my city? Probably?
Speaker 1: I mean them all your school, Nah, he like the type of ship I'd be doing, Nah, like just popping up somewhere on the round at my school. Nah, I will remember, no, no, hell nah, you know who came to our school? The fucking the there the dog, the dere dog b Yeah, and then that school bus. What was the school bus? Gust the fucking bus y'all they don't know, Gusts don't know, gusta buss California, gusta bus and the fucking the dog from there.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: That was the only celebrities that ever pulled up. We used to be excited as hell when we saw the nigga. Nigga probably took that damn mask off, mascot off and went home, got high.
Speaker 2: As head, you know that, any of that.
Speaker 1: Speaking of the neighborhood, if someone's never been a Charlotte, some some restaurants recommend restaurants and Nana's. I would go to Nana's for sure.
Speaker 2: No, I gotta tell that. My brother just moved there ago. He loves it. Yeah, for sure, I got I want to put him up on some of this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell him, tell him, tell him trying Nana's out. What's another spot, man, Tell him, Try to tell him try g spot Chicken and office that's getting ready to launch for sure, for sure, Yeah, that spot that's all right, guaranteed to hit the spot show, the show. Uh huh, that's right.
Speaker 2: We don't see you up there, my g. For sure.
Speaker 1: You know, for sure you don't mean usta beat the state when you're there. Whatever y'all mean, How then is this something?
Speaker 2: This ches on? I take them off now. Congratulations solutiates bro, A great conversation.
Speaker 3: Appreciation all day always, just love, respect, real Naty two three the baby Let's go, yeah,