Speaker 1: Hello, everyone, Welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast.
Speaker 2: My name is Donnie Peters.
Speaker 1: It is Thursday July ninth, twelve fifty am. Day three from the World Series of Poker Main Event is in the books and we are moving on today four and it is Bubble Day. Thursday July ninth is the time when the bubble will burst. It'll probably burst earlier in the day and it's just a matter of how long that bubble takes, which when it comes to this tournament, it has been known to take quite a bit of time. So we'll hit on every kind of everything that happened today. We'll touch on the field and the players that are our remaining. I spoke with both Sean deeb And and Michael the Grinder Miss Rocky after play was done, so I got those interviews for you coming later on. And yeah, it's I mean, it's time like the first couple of days, the first two days, and I'm talking about playing days, so the day ones and the day two. Yes, there is a lot of excitement when it comes to this tournament, of course, but this tournament is so long that for when I was there today, for let's say the first half up until the dinner break, you play three levels, you go to dinner, you come back, you play two more levels. So the first three levels of play, they kind of don't feel like anything. And I know Day three is moving day in the dibasop made event, because what you're trying to do on day three, you've you've somewhat weathered the storm and done whatever you did.
Speaker 2: Through the first two days.
Speaker 1: You know, if you played both of the earlier days, you know, yeah, you had to battle a little bit longer. If you only played on the day two, okay, fine, But once you get to day three, whatever your stack is, it doesn't matter whether it's twenty K or it's two hundred K, or it's eight hundred K, whatever it is. Coming into day three. Day three is all about trying to position yourself to hit the next checkpoint in the tournament.
Speaker 2: At least this is how I view it all. I kind of set up.
Speaker 1: Tournaments, and you know, especially longer ones in terms of certain checkpoints, and the checkpoint that you're trying to set yourself up for is to best position yourself to get into the money right to to be able to fight through that bubble. Now Obviously, some things might go your way. Some things might not go your way. You might end up short going into the bubble, you might end up with a big stack some of you you know, might have in the middle. But overall, you know, you want to be able to push put yourself in a position on day three to not have to like fold, fold, fold, you know, tank fold, not look at your cards, like just just like basically just just blind out until you get into the money in that that bubble burst because you know, everyone, you know, yes, we want to cash in this tournament, but we want to make a run at it. And how do you set yourself up to make a run at it. Well, you have to have decent chips, hopefully good chips on the bubble, because you can make a lot more chips by pressuring other stacks at your table, you know, those middling stacks, those shorter stacks to you. So you know, you want to set yourself up so you can get through the bubble comfortably while also being aggressive and chipping up. And then once that bubble burst, then you know, then it's like okay, onward, Like it's not just about the mind cash at that point, it's about trying to reach the next checkpoint. And I would say the next checkpoint to come is, you know, because the pay jumps aren't that large early on. Once you get into the money on day four, the next checkpoint is all about hitting the bag and advancing to day five, right, because then then it's like, oh shit, like we're we're in it, We're going to day five. It is on game on, let's freaking go. If you're looking to play some free online poker, check out play poker Go. You guys can find it at play poker go dot com, slash podcast. If you go to that special URL, then you're gonna get a free one hundred thousand gold bonus when you sign up, and that's going to of course allow you to kickstart your bankroll. They give you I think it's five thousand to start if you just sign up for an account, if you verify your email, you get twenty five thousand. And then if you go to playpokerg dot com slash podcast and sign up through that URL, you can get up to one hundred thousand gold bonus. So check that out today. While play poker Grow is available on web, iOS and android is the official free online poker game of poker gro and that's where you can start playing, testing your skills, and improving your game. Coming into day three, there were three thousand, two hundred and ninety four players remaining. At the end of day three, they played all five levels through to the end there were thirteen, thirteen hundred and eighty nine players remaining and with thirteen hundred and eighty two places making the money, that means the field is seven eliminations off of reaching the money. Now, of course, we do this dance every single year in this tournament, and it's are we going to hit the money today? Are we going to hit the money today? You know, players are, They're asking each other, they're asking the dealer, they're asking the floor, they're asking me, And I mean I know the answer a little bit more so than them because I know what production is thinking, and production wants to break it on day four. It's just better for everything.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 1: Part of that is like, let's say you were to get really close at the end of the night like they did, and there's you know, there's seven eliminations away. Those seven seven eliminations can take two three four hours. Trust me, I've been there. They can take that long. So it can go on and on and on and on. So you would rather just wrap it up, send everyone home, and then come back and break the bubble the next day. It does tend to just work out better for everyone. It allows you know, production, you know, to be able to film the whole thing, stream the whole thing, get it out there, because this is a pretty monumental day every single year on the poker calendar when the bubble bursts in the World Series of Poker at main events. So I'm very much looking forward to that. When they when they paused the clock at the end of the night, they paused it with ten minutes left. They played three hands. There was like a right around fourteen hundred.
Speaker 2: Players are maining.
Speaker 1: Obviously in those last couple of hands, a bunch of other players bounced out of the tournament. When I started running around to try and get a couple of interviews, there were thirteen hundred and ninety two players on the board. I come home, I verify all the numbers in the app, and there's thirteen eighty nine. So just you know, they at some point while I was probably running around, probably some hands paying out. You know, dealers didn't put it into the iPad or whatever it may be, or put it in right away, but we are seven spots off. If they would have Gottenny closer, I'm guessing they just put a halted play. They would have told everyone to stop so that they can bring it back on Thursday for the bubble. And as a reminder, there is more than eighty five million dollars in the prize bowl up for grabs. The mid cash is worth fifteen thousand dollars, so one and a half times you're buying, and then of course the prize everyone is gunning for ten million dollars up top I mentioned that three two hundred and ninety four players returned for Day three, and because we have thirteen hundred and eighty nine remaining, that means the field lost nineteen hundred and five players, or nearly sixty percent of the group that returned for Day three was bounced before getting to day four. The chip leader entering at Day four is one Sasha Lou. She bagged a giant actually a massive shout out massive two million, three hundred and sixty four thousand, which is good for two hundred ninety five big blinds. Because they will be heading to four thousand and eight thousand for the blind level to kick off day four. She registered day two, so she skipped day one. She came in with a fresh sixty thousand chip starting stack, and before the second level of play was over on day two she ran it up to almost ten times, which she started with almost six hundred k. I think she got up to like five hundred and ninety thousand, five ninety five or something like that. She was a chip leader at one point on day two, and she just steamrolled right out of the gate. I read an article on poker dot Org. I believe the author was Mike Patrick. He talked to Sasha lou just saying that she know she basically ran hot early on. I think she said she had king, she had aces and flopped a set. She was able to win big pots when that stuff happened. And then also, you know, when you have to get a stack, or when you do get a stack like this, there are a lot of things that have to go your way, and she said they all did you know, her value bets paid off, her bluffs got through. You know, just everything lined up for her. And I'm guessing it was much more of the same on day three because she shot all the way up to I mean she shot up to a million at one point. Then you know, there was I think Martin Zemani was a chip leader, you know, a little bit ahead of her. She was a couple tables away. She then took the chip lead, got up to about one point four one point five million. Martin Zemani is playing every single hand, so his chipstack is going all over the place. When I left, I thought Sasha would be the chip leader, and I thought she would be on around one point seven million. I get home, I check the chip count. She's on two million, three hundred and sixty four thousand. I mean, that is a giant, freaking chip ley, absolutely giant. She has three hundred and ninety four thousand dollars in a live tournament winnings entering this event. I'm I'm assuming she's that's gonna go up because I'm assuming she's gonna get into the money with a chip stack like this and only seven spots off the bubble.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't think anything's gonna.
Speaker 1: Happen to you in terms of not not making them money. Her best live score was back in two thousand and nineteen, and it was in this very event, she came three hundred and twenty fourth for a little bit over thirty eight thousand dollars. Last year, entering Day four, it was Japan's Shataro Kobayashi who had one million, nine hundred and seventy one thousand in chips. Sosasha is well ahead of that pace. Kobyashi finished in six hundred and thirty first place for twenty seven thousand, five hundred dollars. So just again, you know another piece of evidence here that just because you're a chip leader with a giant stack on one of these earlier days, it really doesn't, you know, set you up for anything or doesn't guarantee you anything. Yeah you may cash, yeah you may make Day four, Day five, but it's not like, oh my gosh, I'm the Day two chip leader, I'm gonna make Day seven like that. That's not just how this thing thing works. There is so much poker to be played. I mentioned the how some of those Day two from the two different Day two those chip leaders had fared over the years.
Speaker 2: If I look back at.
Speaker 1: The Day two ABC and the Day two D the top three stacks from each of those fields, So we had gasper Fernandez, Mason Viz, Our Tourists, Ostroskis all coming out of the Day two ABC, they were the top three stacks. I don't see Gaspar Fernandez in the counts. I checked on the app he was not in there, So I'm guessing the Day two ABC chip leader is out of the tournament now. Mason Viz bagged seven point thirty then he bagged seven a eighty six. Now Ostrauskis bagged six hundred and forty six thousand. He's now up to one point one six nine million. For Day two D, it was Michael Rosido who was the chip leader there. He finished with seven hundred and seventy thousand. He's going to be entering Day four six hundred and fifty nine thousand. Second place out of Day two D. Jeff Fenster bag seven hundred and forty seven thousand. I did not see him in the chip counts in the app, so Gaspre Fernandez and Jeff Fenster two of the biggest stacks to come out of Day two looks like they have busted on Day three and then Janick Schumacher was the third biggest stack coming out of Day two D. He had seven hundred and thirty eight thousand, he's taken six hundred and thirty six hundred and eighty six thousand. Excuse me, forward to day four. But out of those six players, two of them, one third of the six biggest stacks coming out of day two did not make it to day four. So they are not going to be cashing in this tournament. I mean, it's just it's crazy how this tournament works. You can just you can double up one person for one hundred K another person for one hundred and fifty K. Next thing you know, you're losing a couple of fifty K pots, and then you know your seven hundred K stack looks like two hundred and you're just like, well, what the heck's going on here? But you know, and then maybe the spiral just continues, maybe you get a little bit less confidence in your game.
Speaker 2: Whatever it is.
Speaker 1: I've been there, We've all been there if we play poker, you know, and going forward, we'll see what, you know, how things look for Sasha Lou But right now, I don't know. I feel like I got a good feeling about her. Now I don't know what that ultimately means, but I'll say I'll say day six for Sasha Lou and I feel like I got a pretty good finger on the pulse when when it comes to poker in general, in this specific tournament, you can just get the sense, like when she's coming in day two, she's as hot as she is in terms of running up her sixty thousand chipstack to six and almost six hundred thousand, and then that rush, that momentum all continues on.
Speaker 2: For day three.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've seen this story a few times in the past, and I'm expecting some big things out of her, So I'll go. I'll go day six at least for Sasha. One of the other big stacks to bag up chips on day three, Martin Zemania. I had already talked about him. Martin Zemani is one of the most entertaining players at the table. He's got a colorful personality. He's not afraid to talk. He's also not afraid to talk shit and gives give it to you. He plays pretty much every single hand. He's one of those guys where when he has a chip lead, like he does first of all him getting to the chip lead, he plays like a maniac from the start, and then once he has a chip lead like this, if nobody else around him at the table is fighting back and fighting back successfully. Martin's one of those guys that's pretty much any two cards I'm raising and until you push back, I'm just gonna keep going. And that's what he does. I mean, he shot up over a million, then his chip stack fluctuated somewhere between like one million and one point four million, which is a big fluctuation, and then he ends up bagging one million, nine hundred and sixty three thousand. He'll be second entering Day four. Neck Zizka, a twenty five K Fantasy drafted player, bagged one million, five hundred and seventy six thousand. Will Gibbons bagged one million, five hundred and forty thousand. Now Will Gibbons I talked about him several episodes ago on this very podcast. I played with him in I believe it was the fifteen hundred dollars freeze out, might have been the might have been the twenty five hundred dollar freezer or two K freeze out, one of the freezeouts I play. I played, he got moved to my table. He was talking about how it's his first time back at the World Series of poker in three or four years because he was banned from Caesar's Properties for something that happened in a pick game. He ultimately got a lawyer, he got it overturned and he's back and that was that was his one of his first tournaments back, the Freeze Out that I played with him. And here he is having a run here in the WSP main event with one million, five hundred and forty thousand entering Day four Andrew Yet and one million, two hundred and eighty four thousand for him Andrew Jay, showing that he's got some chops when it comes to Nolan Holden tournaments. A a mixed game specialist, believe he won the ten K horse but very very good mix game player, but here doing very well of course on the no Limitfeld the twenty nineteen champion of this event, hosting ENSN one million, two hundred and eighty thousand.
Speaker 2: Going forward to Day four.
Speaker 1: En Son's one of those guys that just looks so damn cool at the table, Like the way he handles the chips, the cards, the little smile on his face. He looks cool, he looks charming, He just looks awesome. Sean deeb I mentioned that we're gonna be talking to Sean Deeb, and we are. I have a short interview to play from mister Deep. He bagged at nine hundred and thirty eight thousand. I watched a bit of his his table at the end of the day, probably in the last forty minutes or so. And he's another guy who was pretty much any two cards, which he mentioned when I talked with him. You know, he's kind of just any two cards at this point on the bubble, and you know, you're just gonna make people play back in him. The very final hand of the night, Sean Deeb made made a wheel. Guy opened, he flatted, Laura Eisenberger flatted behind it came eight five deuce. The opener bet Deep called turn was a four opener checked deep bet Guy took a little bit and then folded. That was the very last hand of night. Deep ended up showing showed as three for turning a wheel. Alex Foxen is also still in you'll hear Sean Deeb mentioned Alex Foxen eight hundred and thirty nine thousand for him. Kristen Foxen, I believe, is also in case. She's got eighty six thousand according to the w SP app which is on the other on the other end of things. Then her husband Alex. But you know, we know Christian can obviously run up a stack in this event. She had a very very very deep run a couple of years ago, and we'll see she can make that happen again. But for right now, it looks like Alex is the one that is cooking. Michael the Grinder is Rocky, the defending champ. Of course, we have to talk about the Grinder six hundred and fifteen K in the bag. He was on the feature tables for much of the day for Day three, and it was some of the wildest shit that I've ever seen. I mean, not only his table, all the tables. There was just a lot of There was some crazy hands, some set up hands, some big hands, some unorthodox, out of this world hands. Grinder like he played this hand early on and I hope that the action is right as it was called on stream, because they came to his table that were covering on another table. They swung over to her, to his table, and Aline Najade is saying recapping the action, and he's saying, grinder open, and Grinder's got a seven hearts small blind three bet Grinder ripped it for. At the time it was the blinds were two K four K, and Grinder ripped in for effectively hundred forty five thousand, covering his opponent. That's how much as opponent had left. His opponent called off with King Queen Off. Grinder had a seven herds and just one. I mean, I don't know how that happens. That's just out of control. He won a whole bunch of other pots, did Grinder. He was doing the whole Michael to Grinder and is a rocky thing. He's on an absolute heater right now, coming off that ten KPLO championship win. Last year, when Grinder bagged for day three or bagged after day three, entering day four, he bagged one hundred and eighty six thousand, so he's well ahead of pace. Putting six hundred and fifteen thousand in the bag this year. Nick Helmuth, he's the only Hellmuth remaining. He bagged fifty three thousand, so very much on the short side for Nick Helmuth. But chips in the bag survive and advance, so that's just a handful of notables. I do want to go through the chip count list and just kind of scroll it and call out some names as I go. But I'm not going to do that right this second. First I want to talk to Sean Deeb. I want to bring him in, bring his interview in. We talked about how I asked him how I thought he thought his day went. I asked him what the w SP main event means to the Player of the Year race, because when I talked with him, I can't remember if it was the winner interview that we did or the previous interview that we did for the podcast. He mentioned how important the main event was going to be this year for the Player of the Year, so I wanted to ask him about that, and then of course got to ask him about using that big stack to attack the bubble. So here is Sean Deeb following bagging up chips on day three. All right, Sean Deep, nine hundred and thirty eight thousand in the bag. How did the day go for you?
Speaker 3: I think I lost more hands I put chips in a pot today than any other day in my career.
Speaker 4: By two X.
Speaker 3: I was obviously raising like one hundred.
Speaker 2: Percent of hands.
Speaker 3: Last like four hours, I lost sixty percent of them. So it was a very stupid day. You know, gotten a huge clip by dinner had one point a million, fifty thousand, and somehow I just swung between the two hundred k of the rest of the day, So kind of unfortunate. Table got really lucky with equity to play back in every spot and I never had anything. So yeah, kind of a sad day that ragged so well. But you know where I was four hours ago and I back one point five million, like half the time.
Speaker 1: When we spoke a few days ago, you mentioned how important this event might be for the player of the ear race.
Speaker 2: Is that is something that is on your mind. I mean, I need cashes, so this one will pay well.
Speaker 3: But it just you know, I was very close to going hopping the Klo Mystery Bounty, but our table took too long on hands and also I know, you know, one hundred big blinds for tomorrow and the bubble and and for hand like gonna blind out if I do bag the mystery boundy a lot. But I was still close to just flicking a stack in. Yeah, kind of unfortunately I want poy and you know Fox is stilling this, so this could be a lot of points. Once we get the money, I'll start seeing this is where the pay. You know, how big of a jump it is for some of these spots, you know, because I know obviously the big jump is ninth, but I don't know if it's being a fifty eight pointment cash or what. So curious to see where it is. And yeah, just got to get my fifteen scores.
Speaker 1: You mentioned Foxer, and so you're obviously aware that he's still in the event. I mean, how much are you paying attention or how closely are you paying attention.
Speaker 4: To that all?
Speaker 3: I mean, it doesn't really matter, Like at this point, you know, I need results, and when you're behind, and I have more open spots of scores, so I know that whatever I cash for, you know, I'm getting the full point value for a while because I might not max out the fifteen. So obviously, tough competition. Obviously he's a lot better than me, and no woman to hold him. But I think I'm a little better than him in the main. But obviously he's one of the best in the field. I you know, root for him. He's a great guy.
Speaker 2: I've known him before.
Speaker 3: Most people in poker got to know.
Speaker 2: Him through chance.
Speaker 3: You know, we all grind it online before he ever played a high roller, played anything bigger. So happy to see him come where he's coming. You know his wife I've known through eighteen so two people I root for all the time. I actually trying to convince them to move to up St New York. I think at some point when they're done with poker traveling, uh, maybe I'll get them to buy a farm near me and we'll hang out a lot. There's great people, and you know, once they start a family, when they put poker aside, they're going to be great parents. And it's good to see successful people who are great people.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be a handful of spots off the money on day four?
Speaker 2: Are you going to attack? Is that the plan? Is that always the plan?
Speaker 1: I mean, I know you were raising quite a bit there at the end of the night. I mean I literally I was ending two for the last four hours.
Speaker 3: In almost every spot I folded bottom five percent in a few There's a lot of you know, really tight big blinds.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I just got kind.
Speaker 3: Of fucked post flap, never foughted equity, and the people have called I just knew had good hands, so I just check folded a lot. It's kind of what you have to do. You risk a little to win a little, and you try to do that every hand.
Speaker 1: Always a pleasure to talk to Seawande, one of the greatest poker players in the world. He's always done him for that Player of the year. He's always goun in for that Player of the year. And I know, you know, he mentioned how he's just got to really put up cashes, but he always seems aware of how everyone else is doing. You know, no one tracks a Player of the Year like Sean Deep does. And we'll see if he can ultimately get another title. And while we're on Player of the Year, I mean we got we've got to Phil Halmy causing up a stir out there. He's putting it on social media that the Player of the year it should be required that the player has a winning summer or a profitable summer or year, or however that you want to do it if all you know, if Europe counts paradise and the summer, then okay, fine, I mean that makes no damn sense to me. I mean that that's just silly, Okay. The Player of the Year award is it's a volume based award, or at least it lends itself more to favor people who are putting in high volume. Now, there are some restrictions in places where I think it's your best fifteen cashes count, so it's not just unlimited. Here's the example that I would like to use. Let's say you win four bracelets in fifteen hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: A mixed game events.
Speaker 1: So you know, the first place prize is on the smaller side of things, anywhere from like one hundred and twenty five thousand up to two hundred thousand, right, So let's say you win four of those tournaments, and especially let's say you win Let's say let's say you win four of those tournaments, but I don't know ones in in Europe, so the prize, the prize might be even smaller. That's arguably going to get you Player of the Year. But then if you go dust off two bullets in the two hundred and fifty k Super high Roller because you're chasing Player of the Year and you want to sell some additional action and get into those tournaments, and you know before you say, well, why would a fifteen hundred dollars player ever play those tournaments. You know, why would a lesser player ever play those tournaments?
Speaker 2: Those tournaments are for the high rollers.
Speaker 1: We've seen that sort of thing in the past. I mean, the one that sticks out to me the most is when dan Zach was in the running. Dan Zac does not play super high No one had hold him tournaments, and he sold action and got into the two hundred and fifty K and I believe he cashed in the two hundred and fifty k super high rollers. So that that does happen. When when you get entrenched and you get rolling in this this Player of the Year race, and you're up there near the top, you're doing anything and everything to get max volume into fire all these tournaments. Right, So let's say you win that money. Let's say you win four hundred and ninety thousand dollars from those four bracelets and those smaller buying events, you know, smaller buy and smaller fields, and then you go fire two bullets in the two hundred fifty K and you're down ten K on the year. You don't win Player of the Year. I mean that that's just ridiculous. I mean, I mean, what are we doing here like that? That's just ridiculous. Listen, the formula is the formula, and Sean deeb he makes it known every single year that he's going for Player of the Year. That's what he's going for. And the formul It's not like the formula has been the same since the WSP Player of the Year came into existence in two thousand and four. It's changed many times. And as long as Sean Deep has been pushing for that, he's always altered his game, his approach the summer, the schedule that he plays, He's always done that based on Player of the Year. And I just find it a little bit interesting that this just so happens to come from Phil Hammith, who has all this other stuff when it comes to the WSP, but he does not have the one thing that he's now complaining needs to get changed, and that is the WSP Player of the Year title. And he has come second on multiple occasions, but he has not won it. He's got seventeen goal bracelets, he's got a WSP Made Event title, he's got all that sort of stuff. He is mister WSP, but he does not have THESIP Player of the Year award. Well, what I would say to Phil is you can stop sleep sleep until five am, you can stop taking days off, and you can show up and put in the volume that all these other players do. Right, And if you want to make player of the other thing, then you can do it. The Player of the Year award system, the scoring system, it has improved. I think this is probably the best one that they have ever had. I think the race is shaping up awesome. It's been great to follow. There's a lot of big names gunning for it. It keeps changing, you know, pretty much by by the day. And yeah, I think it's the best it's ever been. Does it need to improve from here? I mean maybe sure. But the one improvement has nothing to do with being profitable. I mean that's just absolutely ridiculous, Like you should should you have to be a profitable poker player over your career to make it into the Poker Hall of Fame? Because I could probably find a whole bunch of people that might not be profitable, right, so should they not get you know, all that stuff just seems silly, like let's just let's just stop with this. And then also the other thing is like from an operator side, you don't want that to happen because then you're gonna get people who are locking up wins at some point and not putting an additional volume like in my example that I gave earlier. Let's say you win four bracelets in fifteen hondre mixed game events that are smaller buying smaller fields. Therefore you get a smaller first place prize. Then maybe you don't fire the fifty k, the hunter k, the two hundred fifty k, whatever it is, those high rulers, because then you're risking actually be negative on the WSP. So why would the operator ever put that sort of rule in place? It just seems silly. So the help me just stop with that nonsense. Place Michael the Grinder, Miss Rocky, the bid to go back to back.
Speaker 2: I mean, my.
Speaker 1: Colleague Grimkrinkama the other day said, you know what, if anyone can go back to back in the was main event in this era of poker, it's Michael the Grinder of his Rocky and I mean it's it's honestly, it's hard to refute that statement. It just is Grinder is absolutely feeling it, as evidenced by the way he is playing. And yeah, I asked him about it. I wanted to see how the grinder feels. And you guys can hear from his Rockie right here is.
Speaker 2: The main event easy for you? What the heck is this?
Speaker 1: You always seem to just do well, run up a stack the momentum.
Speaker 4: I'm coming off to a PLO, win the championship, win, and I just always I play a little different when I'm in the main event. I take it really serious. Well every time I played serious, but I make different plays in this tournament where I sometimes I'm careful, sometimes I take advantage of situations, but I try not to bust out, and it was never risked. I was never all in yet to get out of this tournament. So I take a lot of minimal risks in this event and just know.
Speaker 2: How to get done.
Speaker 1: Now. Obviously, you have your own type of style, and players have known that style for a while. But now that you've won this tournament, you've won the main event, are players playing a little bit differently against you? At all?
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 4: I think players will make a lot of mistakes against me. But I've done a lot of quite a few fuck some cool cool stuff I did today like people probably haven't seen yet. And you know, trickery a lot of trickery today, a lot of creative. So I'm gonna take a look later tonight and see what hands they're showing online. Hopefully I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't want to see two I will show too much.
Speaker 4: But I want to see what they showed tonight from the feature table. Little bit cool was on the main feature because the would have.
Speaker 2: Saw a lot of cool shit.
Speaker 1: All right, how confident are you going back to back?
Speaker 4: I'm very confident right now. I won the tournament last year PPC June twenty ninth. I won the PLO June twenty ninth. I bought it to day one. B. Everything's looking good. It's just it looks like it's everything's repeating for now.
Speaker 2: You heard it there.
Speaker 1: He feels great, he's confident, he's going to go back to back. The stars are aligning, you know. He won that fifty k PPC on June twenty ninth. He said he won the ten K Polo Championship on June twenty nine. It's all just lining up for Grinder.
Speaker 2: It just really is.
Speaker 1: And when you're watching him play, and I watched a fair bit of the stream today, I was just sucked in by Grinder up there, and a couple of things stuck out.
Speaker 2: One is.
Speaker 1: He's got a horseshoe up his ass right now, just in terms of like I mean, it's it's just he's just hot, he's running hot. He's obviously grinder knows how to play.
Speaker 2: No one.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's anyone in poker who knows how to ride a rush better than Michael the Grinder Miss Rocky. Okay, Is Michael the Grinders Rocky the best poker player in the world, the most technical poker player in the world, all that sort of stuff, No, okay, And I think he would be.
Speaker 2: The first to admit that.
Speaker 1: But when he's rolling, he's he's like a puppeteer with the rest of the players at his table, and he can do whatever he wants from his play the cards. He gets involved with the way that he sizes his bets, and it even extends to the table talk because he's able to to work some voodoo at times. It's it's like spooky out there to watch him, and and really no one is able to catch a rush and ride that wave like Michael the Grinder Miss Rocky does. And I think I think he's in the midst of riding a wave right now, and he's feeling it and he knows he's feeling it, and he's cooking. And you know, for some people, they can start feeling that way and it can all just go south, it can all fall apart. But for I don't know, for a grinder, I feel like it only do just builds and builds and builds and builds. So he's going to day for he's got a boatloader chip six hundred and fifteen thousand. I mean, this is gonna be an absolute freaking treat to watch this guy play the rest of the way. And he's also you know, the other thought that I was having is he might be the one player I would never want to see at my table because he's in every freaking hand. You never know what he has, he's gonna do. He's willing and capable of doing anything. So he would just be an absolute nightmare to play against. An absolute nightmare. Now, I'm sure there are many other players like him, but I don't know. For whatever reason, I would just not want Michael the Grinder and Miss Rocky I'm on my table and that if you got stuck with a table jaw with him in the WSV main event. Specifically, I mean that just that stinks. I feel like that just stinks. So anyway, he's feeling it, man, the Grinder is feeling it. Some of the players who did bust out on day three. We lost Joe McKean, we lost Phil hammonyth and we lost his son, Phil Helmuth the third. I mentioned already that Nick Helmmath was still in the tournament. Kerry Katz eliminated, Mike Holts eliminated. We talked to Ben Ludlow earlier or on an earlier episode.
Speaker 2: He's eliminated.
Speaker 1: So both of the two co hosts who joined Chad Holloway on the Poker News podcast, Mike Colts and Ben Ludlow, they are eliminated from the WOP main event. Don't worry, guys, this podcast host is also eliminated because my ass is out to Eric bald Out, Brian rast Out, Josh reichert out, Andrew Lichtenberger gone, Mike Madis Houcia and Gerard p k also eliminated. All Right, So I told you guys that I did want to just look through the chip counts, and I'm gonna do that because I just, you know, just let's just see what I find. Basically, what I'm doing here is I'm taking you through the process that I do anyway. Yeah, I scroll through the chips cowns, you say, Oh, that person's left, Oh, this person's left. Freed Johnton one point three million for him. Freed is a very very exciting player. I think he's known a little bit more for some of the stuff he's done on the World Pogratur. But we'll see if he can continue to make some noise here in the WSP main event. Free just one of those players where I mean he's willing to seven bit you at any given moment. He's willing to just blast over bets at any given moment. I mean, he's he's electric out there. He's a freaking stone cold killer, and he will not back down at all. Brian Yun is in the mix. Greg Mueller is still out there. I see Kyle cart right. I feel like I haven't seen that name or face in a while. Eric Lindren still in the mix. I believe Dutch boyd bagged as well. I believe my guy Ryan Brown. I talked about him many times on this podcast. Ryan Brown baged some chips. David Pretti's bagged chips. Dan Stavilla, he bagged chips. Malcolm Trainor bagchips. Malcolm Trainor won the Mystery Millions tournament at the World Series of Poker. I can't remember what year A couple of at least two years ago, if not three years ago. He just won the Ausie Millions. This in the return, so he's still in.
Speaker 2: Who else we got?
Speaker 1: Ian Mattacas Speaking of all that Player of the Year chatter Ian Mattakas is still in brock Parker, still in the mix. Tony Dunst bag chips, He's still in Ren Lynn still in. Scott Davies, still in Bruno Lopez in Brown BALLA, Ashawn Bala friends with Nick Ricotta and uh, what was it? Pat high Sakes cashing players? What I wanted to say, I was a blanket on that. Scott Lazar still in Baby said hello to him again today when I saw him. Dominic Sarley still in Vladis Thomas howskis in, David Einhorn the Billionaire, still in David Peters. He's still in. Stephen Chidwick is still in the mixed. Justin Arwine is in there. Gina Rehem bagging chips. Shoto Nakanishi in there. Michael Rocco there he is Eric Laddin. He haven't seen that name for a while. I believe he's out in New Jersey like an old schooa online player. Dylan Smith still in. Thomas Connooley, former do Hisipy main event finalist, Thomas Connooley is still in. Sean Daniels, TJ. Reid bagged chips as well. Proc Wilson is in there. Brock Wilson, He's had a pretty lackluster summer, considering how hot he was coming into the summer. He was the Poker gro Cup winner, he was the US Poker Open winner, had a ton of success on the PGT, but he has just not been able to find it when it comes to the World Series of Poker. Now that said, that can all change in this tournament, and this is the tournament to make it happen.
Speaker 2: Who else we got?
Speaker 1: Brian Campanello, He's in there, Ryan Lang. Marcel Lusk is still in and kicking. Looks like he bagged more than half a million in chips. Marcel Louse, you guys think he's going to be singing later? Is he going to be singing Bradley Rubin is in there. Salvatore de Carlo I believe he was second in the monster stack. I believe was the tournament.
Speaker 2: We got.
Speaker 1: Jess Richards is in there. We've got Justin Lapkov and Essa k she's doing well. Ralph Perry is out there. Sean Perry was out there. I believe he bagged chips as well, going through John Mannette Farrah Galfon, she's in the mix. Patrick Leonard, I know he bagged chips. Darren Elias bagged chips. Can't remember Jeremy Osma's bag chips. I should have looked that one up. Jeremy Osmas did bag chips one hundred and ninety two thousand. Jesse Lonis bagged chips. So you know, there's Romaine Lewis is in there. I mean, it's just one of those tournaments where due to the sheer size of it and how long it's drawn out, you know, you just you walk around the field and you're looking around and you're always like, what, Oh, this guy's selling, that guy's stelling. Fabian Quoss still In was on the feature table. At one point I saw the future table and I was like, wait, is that Fabian Quass. We don't see Fabian Quass at all into the ws Being Made Event every single year, and it's and then he's in the WASP Made Men. He's got a bazillion chips. He played a pretty crazy hand with he had kings, his opponent had Queen's. That was on the feature table. That was a fun one. So Joe Hasham looks like he's still in. So I mean, there's just there's stories everywhere in this tournament. It's just so absolutely freaking cool. All right, I won't bore you guys with that anymore, but but you know, it's just it's fun to go through and look at the stories and see how they all shake out. It's hard to know every single player's story in the wsp Man Event, of course, but we try and learn as much as we can. Let me, let me look up one more player, Adam Levy. Adam Levey did bag chips. I know, we talked with him on yesterday's episode. He bagged three hundred and forty seven thousand. So good old Ruthless is moving forward today.
Speaker 2: Four.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna wrap it up here, but I do want to remind you guys the next episode of this podcast is the best episode of the year the summer, hands down. It is the bubble episode, which means we are going to be out there or I'm going to be out there on the floor, phone in hand while the bubble is happening, running around talking to people.
Speaker 2: There is so much downtime.
Speaker 1: In between these hands because there are so many tables in action and all these hands are drawing out. Of course, it's a very important part of the tournament being on.
Speaker 2: The money bubble.
Speaker 1: So you know, we'll pop around and we'll put the whole bubble thing together. I know it's a chore for producer rich Rydan to edit this one, so you know, thank you, thank you, thank you for the hard work on this episode. And we didn't do it last year, of course because Tim and I were Will still in the tournament, shout out to us, but I'm no longer in the tournament, so I'll be able to do the bubble episode. And that's my It's one of my favorites. You know, we just walk around, we chat with people, we hang out, see how they're they're playing. You can you can directly ask them about maybe a big hand that they played. You can just generally ask them about their approach. You know, some people are some people are just flat out folding their hands out looking at them. You know, some people are just absolutely getting after it like it's a it's a crazy freaking scene on the bubble. And that's one of the best days of the year, the w s P main event, Bubble Day. But all right, that's gonna do it for the pause. Shout out to producer Rich for getting this one up, and thank you. Thank you to all the listeners out there. Don't forget to like subscribe, rate, review, five stars, all that sort of stuff. Let's freaking go. My name is Donny Peters, and I will talk to you guys on the next one. Brand