Speaker 1: It seems like sometimes it takes a minute from my video to kick him. There we go, Ah, there you are. Yeah, I got my hair cut today. I see you'll fancy I look.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, spippy.
Speaker 1: There's this Colombian guy who cuts my hair. He's pretty old, you know. And like I said, I I generally seek out Spanish or Japanese barbers because they know how to cut hair, particularly if you got you know, like long straight hair. But sometimes dudes not at the shop, and he doesn't inform anybody, so like he'll have his daughter fill in for I mean, generally I don't let women cut my hair because I think it's kind of weird and improper. But I like this dude, and I like this family, and she does a good job. But she's about my age and she's like well preserved man. You know, I'll like Spanish women kind of make everything horny whenever they need to be, Like she kind of does that, and uh, I mean obviously like I'm old, So it's it's not like women follow themselves to sweat me, but like strippers and old Spanish broads, I seem to like if I was prone to sin, that'd be my demographic. It seems like but uh, yeah, it's in the two things that I've noticed stand out in the count and see crisis. People don't know how to mix drinks anymore. There aren't like mixologists, and people know how to cut hair anymore. One of the reasons I like the Trump Tower Rooftop Bar. It's not because I I want to hang around in some property owned by the Rabbi, but it's actually a really cool hotel. And the rooftop Bar, They've got some of the best bartenders in Chicago, and they make really they make a really great dakery. They changed that. They changed the cocktail menu up a lot, but in the in the summer months they make a frozen blue daker. And it's to day for Arthur and his wife Addison. I will be there. I will be there and sip I will be there in September. And yeah, speaking of which, Thomas Wayne Riley hit me up and uh he's like out in like Cowboy Country and he said he's gonna come here for my birthday bash too. This is it's like really blowing up. Man. There's like a just sort of like a planning committee around it. And I didn't realize that that makes me feel very that that makes me feel very happy, man, and it'll be fun. But also, uh, I'm stalked that people actually give a fuck about my birthday, Like that's pretty awesome. But I I'm I'm proud of myself from making it to fifty years. Like ordinarily that's like a retard flex like just managing to stay alive. But in my case, uh, it ain't no small thing, man. So yeah, I want to I want to have a lot of fun. And the RiPP Top Bar is always always a blast. And but I was I was blessed last weekend. Uh Arthur and his wife had a sore for dinner and uh, I mean uh Arthur like works as a bartender, so he like made me some really good martinis and that become I've become sold on martinis, man, Like I never I never disliked them, but I uh that restaurant that's right by the House of Blues and Marina City, well it's called it like the Tortoise. I think you I'll get metro front of ours. That's a place that he really likes, and so he was kind of to take me there. He's taken me there a couple of times and the two like signature drinks they have that are incredible, one of which you got to ask for because it ain't on the menu. It's like an inside hack. But they've got Uh, They've got a vodka martini and they drop a a blue cheese stuffed olive in it, which is really fine. I don't go for I think it's weird, but the flavor profile really works with the Vocker martini. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love blue chee I love blue chie so olives, and they are I've had him before in a in a sort of martini, not a real martini, And considering how often I carry a Walter PPK, I really should be drinking martinis more often.
Speaker 1: Well, it's interesting because I was gonna raise that about Bond. There's a you know, you never ever want to shake a martini because there's a delicate flavor profile and the maleafield of martini, if it's mixed properly, is really really silky. You fuck that up entirely if you shake it. You never shake a martini. So that's gofy and uh, I think too. I i'd have to. I got a couple of Ian Flemick paperbacks. I read a few of them in high school and one of the few people who actually really likes Moonraker. Like the movie. I think it's cool. So when I was when I was like sixteen, I bought the paper back, which is a lot different than the movie, but it's still good. But uh, I think in Moonreak here it makes reference that Bond drinks vodka martinis, which is weird for uh, like a Britisher, you know, because uh of a proper martini is is you know, a gin martini in Jim's the National Spirit of of England. But Bond is the Bond character is supposed to be a Scotsman, so maybe maybe that's right. Yeah, And that's in Casino Royale, he basically what is a Vesper Martini. It's three measures Gordon's gin, one measure vodka, and half lillet. So yeah, that's that. Yeah, Yeah, Casino Royal is actually really good. The rest of those Daniel Craig movies are awful, but I'm in the minority. My favorite Bond movie of all time is Licensed to Kill and Uh. Timothy Dalton is the most true to form Bond character, like Sean Connery, obviously, he's the most iconic actor to play Bond in the movies. But Bond is written by Ana Fleming, is like Timothy Dalton. He's something about He's like, he's like a homicidal maniac and he's just very very jaded, you know, uh, Intelligence service assassin. And I thought Timothy Dalton played really well. And Eliza Gilles Dup it's got a it's got a young Benicio del Toro. It's it's got like Miami vice vibes. Because before Bond ends up in Mexico, like taking down the cartel, and when he gets to Mexico, he's, uh, he's he's like hanging around Spanish villas in his tuxedo. But before that he's uh, he's running around Miami dressed like Sonny Crockett and he's blasting people with uh, with a mac tenn and stuff, you know, And uh, which one is that licensed to kill? The What was I gonna say? Oh? Fucking what did he drive in that? I can't remember? I can't either. It was uh. I think the the the featured released for part of an Acid Murder and MG, I think because I would have remembered if it was something else. I haven't seen it in many moons. But that's my favorite Bond movie, but I don't remember if it was something if it was something Bond Exotic, i'd remember the grosses to front was Pierce bros. And then like Bond's an Irish guy who drives a BMW, the fuck is that might as well make him a fucking a homo, you know, I like have him played by like Wesley Snipes and be gay, you know, like how the Bond can't be fucking Irish. Like I'm not, I'm not trashing tags. I'm just saying, like Bond can't be Irish. It'd be like Michael Collins being a fucking being played by John Cleets, you know, but said Nego, said Gens, I got Stiphilis from the Black Ship to be fair, and they like at the Bond probably is always like packing like frightening organisms and his balls, considering like how he gets around, like Bond does a lot of things you really shouldn't be doing with his penis man like, like I'm not some kind I'm not I'm not prude, but you know, uh, as part of like this, as part of as part of like the Protti team, like I got to condemn Bond for like acting like a fucking Italian.
Speaker 2: It's like, what's wrong with you? We don't do that ship, Yeah, we don't. The meds they have no self control?
Speaker 1: What something? No exactly. I mean that's why you like, I'm like, because you know, I like a like a Latin guy, uh, or you know, an Italian guy like didn't like pussy and didn't like to eat too much. It'd be like, what's wrong with you? You know, I rely on them to do that, just like they rely on me to be like uptight and stuff. But yeah, Bond definitely is a bon Bond definitely has like some bad stuff going on below to waste, but you know, uh yeah. And the Timothy Dalton unfortunately only started in two movies. The Living Daylights was dope all. So that's where Bond ends up in Afghanistan, and so one of the like a framing device, like the last start of the movie is, you know, the Soviet or in Afghanistan and he clicks up with the Moushad Dean and stuff. But Olivia Dabbo, she was She was a real piece of ass man. She was one of the nicer Bond girls to look at. But yeah, I uh, I was always a Timothy Dalton fan Man. He spent in a lot of strange movies. He was in Flash Gordon, Like you played like the Tree Prince Guy where you know, and that's an awesome set piece where you're going to be part of like the tree Warrior people. You have like stick your hand in this log and there's this like pulsating scorpion that stings you and then you die. Like it's really weird. And at least, uh, when I was like when I was a little kid, at least they used to show Flash Gordon all the time on early cable, so it was on all of those movies. I just like watch all the times it was on, and uh, the optics of it are are interesting, like very European. There's like this one the way that it pops it it wilds me like Mario Bava's color schemes or something, you know, like Planet of the Vampires, which is which is That's an awesome movie. We should watch it in our movie series, you know, like and there's shot for shot. There's set pieces that Ridley Scott lifted for Alien, Like I'm not that's it's a proper homage, and like Alien is awesome. Aliens is fucking homo. But alien is awesome. But anyway, the original Flash Gordon movie, when I was a little kid, they'd still run the Flag Gordon comic strip in the Chicago Tribune, and uh, I thought it was cool because it was, uh it was throwback, but in a linear way. They still had Uh. I mean, they're probably gonna eighth artist or whatever like drawing it by then. But you know, he was some old guy who knew the guy who knew the guy you knew, the guy who started it in that was cool when uh.
Speaker 2: You know what I didn't realize. I didn't realize how how old Timothy Dalton is. He's eighty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, he was. Uh that's one of the reasons he didn't last his bond, because there was one. Bond. Pictures are kind of failing at the tail end of the Roger More era, you know. And then there was that bizarre situation where Connery started Never Seen Ever Again the same year, which was like not put up a United Artists, and then Octapussy was put out by Roger Moore u A, I mean, and uh, neither one performed well and Dalton was uh, yeah, he was already in his forties and then the third picture he was supposed to do ended up in development hell, and by the time it got resolved, he was he was too old to plete bond. But uh and my my sharks fell down, like I got to I got this shark that keeps me company up here in the I see, but yeah, he what was I gonna say? Uh And mister Shark's got a chill here because he doesn't fit. But no, and it was cool. Uh I guess I guess like some I guess some of the comic strips are still going, but they're you know, they're just I got on line wasn't the same, you know, And uh I remember my favorite comic strip was Shoe because like shit libs read Duonsbury well like based people, right, Shoe that was the way I throw down. And Shoe was hilarious because it's all about birds for no reason. It's like everybody's just like an anthem bird. And I, uh I try and uh I try and turn youngsters onto Shoe who are into you know, comics, like politically coded comics, and uh that, uh Family Circus was hilarious too. My pastor he'd uh, he'd literally cite like Family Circus periodically he was like a humorless man. But Family Circus was like the Calvinist comic strip. So of course I was deliberately not funny. I know, that was I gotta. When I was in high school, I got a chuckle out of bloom County. Yeah, yeah, and uh Fred Bassett was pretty funny too, like in subtly weird ways. I uh, the one uh, the one kind of internet comic strip I do like, I mean, it's were like a rift than like an ip unto himself, but the Jersey villic in the day Garfield without Garfield. It's like Garfield comic strips, but Garfield is removed, so it seems like really weird. It's either like John Arbuca like talking to himself like an insane person, or like shit just happening that seems like existentially disturbing for weird reasons. It's pretty awesome. It's like, wait, way better than the way better than the like the actual Garfield strip. But no, it was, uh, you know, it's surprisingly you know, it's pretty dope, man, like believe it or not. Until I was in high school, i'd follow in the Tribune. The Spider Man comic strip was totally different than like the comic book and like the only books that the only comic books I read. I was a huge fan of dark Horse comics, like the Terminator. Dark Horse comic was awesome. Dead World. You know Vince Locke, he's the guy who does all the Cannibal Corpse cover art, which is like really really raw. He did this book called Dead World and uh, some sort of interdimensional eighty gets torn open, and uh, these legions of the dead pour in. But they're not like Romero zombies or or something or anything like that. They're like intelligent beings and they create this like Kingdom of the Dead on Earth, and they enslave the living and like they eat them too, but they they make them into they basically like fire them like cattle and stuff. And I'd read that one, and uh, of course, uh, two thousand and eight D you know, Judge Dread was great. I think most people associated with the silly in the in America, he's the silly es stalone movie. But the real two thousand and eight D comic was where a movie was hardware. That's a great film, man, We gotta watch that on our movie series two. But then in the defense of the stallone Dread movie. It's like a growth miscast. But the set pieces are awesome, and like the ABC Warrior is awesome, and the set piece is uh, you know the scene where like Armanda Sante he goes to the pawn shop to pick up the lawgiver and then he like blows away the pawnbroker and he activates the ABC robot. But that scene where he's walking on the street, you know that's all. There's no CGI in that. There's like a matte painting obviously, you know, if you know what to look for, we can tell. But it looks pretty seamless and there's like one hundred extras and crazy costumes, and that's probably the best cyberpunk city scape you know, this side of Blade Runner. You know that film does have some things going for it. I remember I saw it on the big screen and on the one as of the huge Dread fan, I'm like, okay, this this is this ship. But on the other hand, I'm like, but you know, these optics are great. What was your what's your take on like Germo del Toro, I don't have I know that people have been giving high praise to is Frankenstein movie that just came out. I haven't seen it, though, I'm reluctant. Uh, Like, what specifically remind me of what you read?
Speaker 2: Did you read the Strain the String book with Carlton? With you did with Hogan's Familiar with They also did a FX mini series on it. Well, it was an FX multi they did for like four or five years. It's one of the more interesting takes on, like the vamporism.
Speaker 1: Okay, did uh did uh? Did Gerritaltoro collaborate with Robert? Where you guys are thinking of somebody else?
Speaker 2: That's a good question, my huh. I mean just watching that this.
Speaker 1: Is on my mind them because the other day I was watching From Dusk Till Dawn and like, I I've always really liked that movie Juliet Lewis. I was thought, Julia Lewis is really beautiful. She looks a lot like our friend NESSA believe it or not, I mean necessary pretty too. But they're uh, it's like I'm not just saying that, like it's uh, she looks a lot likeer, which is funny, but uh, what's her name? Selma hayak In? That is it looks amazing. Speaking of Spanish, brou.
Speaker 2: Apparently apparently Gama Gamma del Toro and Robert Rodriguez collaborated on Mimic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. That's a weird movie, man. That's it's that's actually a better creature feature than most. I thought it's gross because you know, it's it's these like corporal figia bugs like these like mega cockroach is you know. And there's that scene where like in the subway they breach. I guess what's like the cockroach nest and there's this humans and like, I really hate cockroaches. This property I worked at had an infestation because there was this gym and the basement, but it was also a residential premises on the upper floors and we shared this storage area and one time they came pouring out of the walls. It was like in that Creepshow segment or something. And like cockroaches, I'm not generally screamingshew bugs, but your mind's like hardwired to find them totally repulsive. Like roaches, they're awful. But in that mimic film, close to the climax where they're in the subway and you know the mimic, Uh, it's a mimic because it's like found a way to you know, some predators develop like a pigmentation pattern or something, so they look like something else. Well, his mimic like looks like a person then like opens up and it's like this disgusting roach and it's like, oh my god. Yeah that was pretty cool. What about it? Kind of like, go ahead? What about Splice? What did you think? What did you think of that movie? I can't remember it Adrian.
Speaker 2: Brady and Sarah Polly.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've seen it. I've seen Oh, it's just the film house. Thinking of that kind of reminded me of the cock Roast movie.
Speaker 2: You do you know the Italian Well, he's I mean he's American Italian Vincenzo Natalie.
Speaker 1: I think so Cube Cipher. Yeah, Cub's awesome. I just I just linked that the other day on the Burdon beaver Gang channel.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, Splice is about they try to do create hybrids and it just it goes way fucking south and.
Speaker 1: Gets Oh yeah, yeah, I've seen it, but I'm familiar with it. Yeah, yeah, it's a yeah. But I that Robert Robert Rodriguez was in my mind because from Dusk Fell Dawn and that's uh that's a great movie. I actually think Quentin Tarantino actually has pretty decent acting shops And I remember, uh, when I saw that movie. I saw it on cable for some reason. It wasn't really on my radar when it hit theaters. But uh, in the first half of that movie, you think it's just like a heist movie, and I'm like, okay, like there's a movie about he's like a high incident bandits and this dude's brother is like a psycho when he's trying to hold it together. Then suddenly there's like, uh, like like vampires everywhere, and it's it's like I took work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I knew what it was going to be, and I took my ex wife to it, and well not my ex wife actually was my girlfriend at the time.
Speaker 1: It wasn't.
Speaker 2: This was way back and she's just sitting there, has no idea. At that point, she's like, holy shit, what the hell am I watching? I think that's what she said. Yeah, it's awesome too. It was like Tom Savini's awesome.
Speaker 1: Uh. Yeah, he's a fascinating guy and he reminds me of I can't remember I mentioned this in one of our dreams growing up Uh, well, when I was a little kid, my best friend was this guy named Brian Kinney. He was like this hell raising guy, like like Irish guy, like what used to be called in a less delegators that you know, black Irish because he was real. He was like he was like this little mischievous dude when like jet black hair, like he almost if it wasn't for his like washed out, pale skinny he could have been like Spanish or something. But he loved horror movies. So it was like one of the things we bonded over when we were like eight nine years old, and so he started doing like makeup and stuff. Like he'd flip through like famous Monsters and Fangoria and stuff and like imitate like what Thom Savigni and stuff was doing. And that's all we were like eight nine years old. Like on Halloween, he'd do his own makeup, you know, just with like we'd like shoplift those like monster makeup kids from like the Variety store, and then he'd like raid his mom's like makeup and stuff. It was insane. And like this one year, we go to this Halloween party and we're like eleven, and we know this girl named Jessica Showfelt and she had a she had a fraternal twin brother named Matt and uh he was like really good looking too, like their mom and dad was really attractive people, and just like as a riff for Halloween, like Brian Kinney, he made up Jessica's brother to look like her and the dude like looked like a girl, like a shit you not. And uh, this kid maybe Rick Doring, you know, like everybody in real life that was like dirt bag poor kid like Kenny in South Park who's like just like a dirt bag from Joe, like Rick Doring what he saw and he's like, I don't care men, I fuck him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was always one guy, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: But Brian Kenny he went on like after eighth grade. He had kind of a sad home life. And that's one of the reasons why I like my mom would let him hang around a lot. That's when my mom was saying, you know, because she knew things were like screwy. But he had a dad who was never around. He would like run out in the family, but his dad worked in Hollywood, and uh, so Brian went on. Uh, he did a bunch of the makeup on The Walking Dead and like in a bunch of horror movies like you'll you'll see him like credited, which is dope, man, Like he uh, because I lost track of dude for uh, you know, like thirty years. Then one time when I was strung out, Uh, this girl who was staying with me, she like she used to like The Walking Dead, you know, and so I guess that's what she'd she watched that, and I you know, and sometimes like i'd watch it with her because we were crashing at this trap house hotel and I see they credit like Brian Kinney for you know, like Zombie if something like no fucking way, and then like sure enough, like I google him and it's like it's like that dude, you know, and uh, I'm like that's freaking awesome, man, but yeah, yeah it uh And that's kind of when I like when I was riffing on Carl this morning, like in our chat, like you took that the wrong way, like the reason why. Uh. I mean, he wasn't like mad or nothing, but you know, when I was asking him about the new job and stuff, you know, and I'm like, I'm anti job. It's because uh whatether it is I realize I'm so blessed now is they can just kind of like write stuff and you know, work on things I think are important because that's what I always wanted to do, you know. And like even like Brian Keny and I when uh, you know, we were doing well. We were doing like little kids stuff and you know, like stealing monster magazines and shit and pealing around. Like we talked about that, like how we got to find a way to like not have to have jobs. And it made me feel good too, like once I straightened out that, like we made good on it. We both figured it out, Like Brian Kinney figured out a way to like make his monsters and I figured out a way to like, you know, puck away on my keyboard. Man.
Speaker 2: So I and I've always been a loud mouth, so I figured out how to make a living talking and well, and I've always been good at listening to other people, you know, talk, and I think that's, uh, that's helpful. You know. I read How to Win Friends and Influence People when I was like seventeen years old, and the whole point of that book, he says, is just if you if you want people to think you're a good person. And you want to get to people to like you, just let them talk, just let them talk about themselves.
Speaker 1: Oh no, the people are vean man. Yeah, and it I find well, No, And I I make it a point to listen to people like you and Burden are better interviewers than I am, because that's a real skill, you know. And uh, I always of a guest on the mind Phaser pod because I think a give and take is is better than just holding forth on a subject mater and and that also helps me remain focused. But I tend to get I tend to get really into mental space, especially on my areas of concentration. But I make it a point, I I you know, I I make it a point to listen to people and take in what they're saying, because I mean not just because it's a matter of respect. And I don't associate with people who I don't learn stuff from because you know, that's it's a waste of time, like hang around idiots, that's saying. It's saying hang around fact girls, Like what's the point. But I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: Is nice people, But I've actually had people, you know, some people will be like that. I love your interview style. You just let people talk, you don't interrupt. You're not like Alex Jones, where every five seconds you have to interrupt. And I was all right, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. But also I've had people be like, well, you know, you should have challenged this person there. I'm like, I'm not gonna challenge somebody unless I think they're completely fucking off base and they need to be challenged, you know. I mean, unless it's unless it's egregious that you know, it's like, come on, what the fuck are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Well, but it's also I don't want yeah, unless somebody is like flavoringly lying or is doing some performative bullshit. Yeah, people came up here with somebody at Agro when I had e Michael Jones on because because Jones, uh so do I see like tigs out and just becomes a kid irishman. But also like but also there's times where you know he is his sectarian prejudices come out. I'm not gonna I'm not gonna like sit around and like argue like pro wrestling style with some guy who's like saying dumb shit about they're a form of faith. I'm just not you know, And It's like, what when I'm supposed to say, like, I'm not gonna like change Jones's mind, you know. And I mean, I like, I like you, Michael Jones. I'm not trying to say mean things about it. I mean, and he was actually very cool to me, you know, and I I it was a good it was a good interview.
Speaker 2: I thought, yeah, but I you know, there were there were a couple of things he said where you where I would have been like, come on, you know. It's like, I mean, you know, I'm like I've always said, I'm probably the most Protestant Catholic anyone ever knows, because I can. I can recite Calvin, and I can recite Gil and I can you know, I can recite them all because I studied him. But it's like sometimes he just it's almost like he's saying stuff to get a reaction at you. And it's like, dude, you're way too old to be doing that. Ship you know, no, And I think and on.
Speaker 1: The other side too, I know, I mean, I know guys within my own tradition who go around like baiting Catholics because I mean, they're they're bigoted, and I try not. I'm not I'm not a bigoting person. That word has been hijacked, like people claim you like being a bigot. If you acknowledge, you know, if you acknowledge onethological realities about who your people's enemies are, that's not being a big It is being a bigot is like, you know, rendering a caricature of somebody's of somebody's confessional heritage, owing owing to you know, personal hostility. And that's what he does. And uh, I think it's a bad look. But unfortunately a lot of people his age, that's their thing. But it's also too I mean a lot of Uh I'm not remotely anti Catholic. I mean my the cadre here that treats me so well, or or all Catholic guys. I mean, because I'm in Chicago, you know, I'm I'm always the minority on the ground, which is fine, It doesn't bother me at all, but uh I, guys like Jones also for his as knowledgeable as he is about the history of the Roman Church and its nuance, is he he doesn't know anything about he doesn't know anything about the Reform tradition. He's one of these guys who has this character in his mind, there's this thing called the Protestant Church, and it's represented by some idiot like Donald Trump or some like goofy lesbian secular humanist lady who like claims she's a Methodist pastor but you know, is running some kind of tax exempt NGO and her congregation consists of like two like ninety year old blue haired ladies. I don't know where they are, you know it, I uh, there is no Protestant church, you know?
Speaker 2: And I well that was that became very clear when Tucker Friar Tuck interviewed some a guy who had gone to that PAULA White church that's Trump's spiritual advisor, and there was like no one, there was no one there.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean who It's like, I said, it's like when technically there's a Catholic church in the PRC that is legal, where they talk about how like MAO could like make it rain by like weaving his hands around or something. Literally, nobody goes to that church because your church is the Communist Party. And like in America, if if you're some like weird secular humanist gay lady, the you know that the regime is your church, Like why why are you gonna go to uh, why are you gonna go to like a disused uh building and like pretend that you know you're you're you're engaged in Sunday worship, like, well, the regime nobody's want. People don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what people don't understand is is that the regime is most people's religion. Now, yeah, I don't know if you what your opinions are on Caleb Moppin, but you know he's he's true Marxist. I mean, this is a I mean, and he knows what he's talking about. He's not one of these people. I mean, he can quote Marx, he can quote and he talks about how he'll go. He'll go to like these quote unquote leftist marches where they're marching for you know, for like oh to mark the pro Israel March or something like that that's being put on by leftists, and he'll like be waving an Iranian flag. And then he said, that's when you realize he goes. These people who think that they're like revolutionaries are just regime toty state the regime.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I don't I don't understand these system lackeys, like they they insist that there's some sort of rebel element when like their whole their whole tank is we love the government. We want to arrest people who have the sending views, you know. I think the point like uh, in nineteen fifty five, like the cops who were like shutting down Elvis concerts for you know, what they viewed as agitating lump and elements and you know, exciting teenage girls below the waist, These cops weren't going around insisting that they were like rock and roll, you know, Like so why does why do like Karen's and like these like female regime white niggers like insist that like they're rebels. I don't understand it. It's like it's just like an odds of reality. It's like you're the It's like you people like call the police on me and my friends for no reason because you're like scared of everything, and that's your solution to problems. You know. I would never ever call the police for any reason. Like that's the difference between me and them, you know. And I don't know why they can't get this through their head. Like it's uh, you know, there are very few reasons to call the police anymore, and most of them have. Most of them would have to do with like insurance, like well, who like yeah, calls the police to like manage his problems as there's something really wrong with them, you know. But I just I don't. I mean, it's it's it's I'm over simplifying things. But it's a good litmus test and for whether you're like a system adjacent person or whether you're you know, outlaw coded. I just don't like the whole I just don't understand like the literacy of these fucking people, Like it's you know, like I, uh, John Leyden, he's uh, he's one of these guys like Johnny Ramone was who actually like aged in a dignified way and understood that like when you get older, things change. You know, you don't just go around being some counterfeit version of your nineteen year old self, because that's pathetic. But this idea that the punk movement was a bunch of like boogie liberals who love the government, Like I that's ridiculous, you know. So if you're if you're gonna call John Lyden to sellout for second twenty sixteen, well, like really the only you know, the only the only rebel energy is min Donald Trump and a bunch of Karens are saying, you know, that's not punk. It's like what punk is being some like urban white lady who calls the police on everybody.
Speaker 2: Like I really, as much as I am a huge fan of the Ramones, actually display Rockets of Russia over there, because I think that's one of the greatest albums of all time.
Speaker 1: It's solid, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the I think Johnny was the only gentile in that band right in the beginning.
Speaker 1: D D d Ramone was h D d Ramone was a he was half German and his dad was an army.
Speaker 2: Oh I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Marky was like Greek and Italian or something. I mean, but Joey and uh, well, what the hell was the original drummers. I can't believe this. Yeah, yeah they were. I think they were both tribe. Yeah, joe was an interesting guy like he in some ways, uh like he was more nuanced than your average Uh. I think too. I think I think Joey was actual from Long Island, also like Johnny was, uh, I think from the Bronx. Johnny was still around where he's was Queen's Queen. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, But uh no, Joey Ramone, I mean don't like, don't get me wrong, like I was like very much a Jew, I don't. I don't think it was like observant, but like culturally in terms of his worldview, he's but he but he was you know the uh there there emones were legit man, you know, and they.
Speaker 2: They from what's it you know from nineteen seventy nine, it's all the day they died, they died, Johnny and Johnny and Joey didn't talk to each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't understand how I mean, don't get me wrong. There's always It's not unheard of it here. There be tensions within bands that where things you know, just are no longer friendly. It's almost it's almost like families that are strange but still in in all in all emotional ways but still live together. But it's it's truly bizarre like that. That's why DDE left the band, just like I couldn't handle anymore. Like Dde Ramone was always kind of like one of my spirit animals because he was like this huge fuck up, but he was also like.
Speaker 2: The comment says, I burned it with d D a few times back in the day.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Yeah. The uh well, that's just crazy. He went down to the Bowery. You could hang out with them. I mean they well they would show, yeah, they would show. Yeah. And one of the reasons why I hate it in the Nation is a is an awesome documentary and it's really weird that it was Todd Phillips, uh like student film. I mean, it's a fascinating time capsule. But also d D's in it because the murder junkies. Uh. He ended up jamming with him because uh, Murle used to ride his bicycle around Alphabet C and he just ran into DEDI and he's like, hey, man, like you you know, my my brother and I are we're getting a new band together. You gotta you gotta come with us. So d He's like, yeah, man, I'll do that. It's like and like we're all with the point later like not in in the hat of the names, but he's like he's like, DDE, he didn't really realize how famous he was. He like you viewed himself just kind of is this guy, you know, like obviously he knew that, you know, he got a lot of respect from people in the scene and stuff, but he was he was kind of like a fucking space cadet. It wasn't like an actor or something. It wasn't just draw it, I mean being an addict in help.
Speaker 2: But you know, no, they put out album under d King.
Speaker 1: Yeah that that it's awful. It's uh, I mean that he also got that idea when he was in rehab, and like rehab these weird things to people, especially if you're coming off heroin opiates, and especially a heroin or more psychoactive than people think. If people get weird when uh that like and if you're already kind of screwy, like de d Ramone is like him deciding like yeah, I'm gonna become like a white Ramper and it's gonna like blow up. And like he later too like that album made no sense. He didn't know why he did it, but it's it's pretty funny. But uh the uh but no, I uh there Emones are you know kind of like Motorhead, you know they that's real rock and roll and uh you know, like, uh, let's do It's it's awesome too, Like you know, a lot of the later Ramone stuff like Poison Heart that some of my favorite stuff they did. Man, even though it's like very different you know then like rocket to Russia and ship like that. But uh, you know they also they they call it quarts in ninety six because you know, like I said, you know, they weren't gonna Johnny's like not, you know, I was gonna become something like old guy, you know, like pretending to be a teenager. And because that, you know that that that would have killed their legacy. I mean, Joey was in real bad health for like the last five years of theirmones anyway, and he uh, I know people claim that, you know, he he died. I think right right around the time he durned fifty. I don't know, people claim like, well, we didn't know he was that far gone. It's like, yeah, you did. Man, like the dude, you know, he broke his hip and went to the hospital and then just didn't come out because like his you know, he was he was he he had he you know, he's fighting cancer and midt lean stuff and uh and it's kind of amazing those last shows, you know, uh, like when CJ was touring with him and stuff, and I think they even Galapalooz in ninety six. I mean they were that mean, it was the ramones. They sounded they sounded great. You know, it's uh because I deal with you know, health thanky, nothing like cancer, but it you know, having to be on and just deal with people, you know, even if there are people who love and being on the road, it's it's like exhausting, man. And that's why I when I get off the road, I need to take like four or five days and not do anything, you know, because uh, I just feel really banged up. Yeah, and then im and the way I mean, there were there were.
Speaker 2: Moments except after the Lakehouse, because at the Lakehouse you could just go.
Speaker 1: Oh that's different. Yeah yeah, yeah, but it's uh but it's it's.
Speaker 2: Not like you don't have to be on all the time because you know everyone there and everything. So I'm so glad I went, and I'm so I'm pissed off at myself that I hadn't gone before.
Speaker 1: I told you, man, And like I you know, it's hard. I mean, you know me pretty well, man. Uh, it's pretty hard for me to relax, you know. And that's why I've been saying for years man that uh, like like the lake is uh is essential to like my psychic and spiritual will being man and it's it's a blast that Uh no, that was really stoked. They came. Yeah, this last this was the most the most guys who've ever showed up. And it's, uh, this is awesome, man, you know, like we're uh, we're like we're like a we're like a family, a fraternal society and and and like a rebel army. You know, it's pretty awesome. And I feel uh blessed that you know, the fellows include me in this stuff. But I yeah, even even when it's uh, I mean, and I'm lucky that so many youngsters want to hang out with me. Like I said when I went to the on the Detroit trip, which was awesome, Like the Detroit o GC guys, I mean, Detroit is fucking lit. Anyway, they're like a bunch of young dudes and uh they they kind of put me through their Ringer man well plus two, Like I just I had to prove that, like I could drink them under the table, and I did, but uh.
Speaker 2: You bushmelled them, you bushmellow.
Speaker 1: Bush filled them to death. Yeah, uh yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Want to hang out with the I want to hang out with the New York guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah No, that was a blast too. Man. I was thinking about that the other day. Uh, that was just like an awesome trip, but it was a I needed to get away from it because that's right. I forgot swatted, which was awful. But uh I I I had an incredible time. I mean I I I love New York man like I. I don't know how people throw shade on it. That's why I like my Yankees cap that I got. Then I got that uh from this like hat stand right by Manson Square Garden because you know, like the garden is right by Penn Station and inexplicably there's a fucking Sparrow there. How the fuck is there borrowing New York City?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, dude, I remember when they opened up, when they opened the Chick fil A in New York City, and the line was literally around the block for like the first couple of months. I mean, look, I'm in the South. I can eat Chick fil A whenever I want. It's not that good, no, but at least I understand that for the novelty.
Speaker 1: It's weird. But Sporrow, I mean that's fucking uh.
Speaker 2: Why would you have that in New York City?
Speaker 1: It doesn't make Azza like Sporrow was also that Sporrow was just like it's just like fucking crap. Like, uh, like, if Chicago somebody catch you eating sparrow, they'll like be like, do whatever, let me catch it eating it again. It's like getting cross sucking a dick or something.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's ketchup on cardboard with some freaking grated cheese thrown on it. It's just the fuck does that? Yeah, when you could just go to bleak or pizza and have like the best slice of pizza you can have In New.
Speaker 1: York, I had, uh my friend who was traveling or whore I met out there. Uh, we went to the Met, which was awesome because this dude, uh, this dude and his wife I was staying with. He was doing like restoration stuff with the Met, which is really cool and like the metsa fans ainting place. I want to take a pepsi challenge, And compared to the Art Institute of Chicago, they both got everything's going for him. But in any event, I can't remember the fucking name of it. But Kathy, who I met out there, she wanted to go to this pizza places right by the Met that it was had like by the Slice pizza. It was like really good. Like don't get me wrong, but I'm partial to shys On pizza. And it's lot of people think like deep dish is good, but that's not generally what people eat here on the regular. We eat this stuff called tavern style pizza. Crust is uh almost crungy and it's thin, but we eat it in squares, you know, like it's cut into like little squares, you know. And like jen it's like it got its start in bars and stuff. And uh, but no New York. New York pizza was dope. And I mean, I'm a pizza fanatic.
Speaker 2: And I'm sorry, I'm a New York pizza snob. But I had pizza in Boston and I was impressed.
Speaker 1: Boston's got great food, man, And like the North End Italian food is. I mean, this was like over twenty years ago. It's probably different now, but uh, I uh, there was this Italian bakery that was just fucking great, and then there was this there was like this hole in the wall, uh like Neopolitan place, which uh that kind of like reagion. All the anticity is different than like Chicago Italian food. There's some incredible Italian restaurants here. They had to be like a fusion like uh like like Neopolodinan and Sicilian and like other stuff. You know. My fair Italian place here is this place called the Valariti. It's around uh eerie and Saint Clair like in Streeterville. I Uh, I took Jerry there and Jerry gave it two thumbs up, and that's quite an endorsement because uh, he's a culture dude, but also he's he's like the king of all food critics. But uh I uh people ray about like rosebud and stuff, but it's uh, I'm doing around Rose. But it's only become like a brand like now. They got a couple different locations, and it was never I mean Little Italy hasn't probably existed in fucking decades because it got it got blasted into pieces by the Highway. But uh, Taylor and plus two like such, I mean, what was the outfit? Heartland was granted Ogden, you know. But Taylor and Laughlin is what touristy types call like Little Italy. I don't get me wrong. There's some like great grub there, but I'll take Falori over a over a Rose Budy did a week.
Speaker 2: We actually we actually have a pretty good Italian restaurant here and in rural Alabama, shockingly enough, about a half hour north than me. I've taken I've taken Semiagagua Bear, I've taken the Red Hawk Bear.
Speaker 1: And there were weird things like showing bridgeticks up his nose. I just kidding, he was, he was.
Speaker 2: He was pulling out his two pistols and showing how you if you're going to carry a semi automatic, you have to have a backup. That's a revolver because semi automatics jam all the time.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, he's an alien wizard.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, hit, that's the most boomer coated explanation of guns I ever heard. But you know, yeah, but yeah, it's a really good restaurant and I think we're going there tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: Well, believe it or not. Man, I was talking to Arthur and his wife about this the other day, Like we went out to d C. We made a fucking blast, Like back in October, went out to d C. We met like Burden out there, but Arthur, missus, Arthur and one of them white Thai guys. I ended up staying in like a household them white Thai guys plus burden, which is awesome. Like I made breakfast for all the savages and I take pride in my culinary chops and they were very happy, so that that made me feel very so satisfied. But I uh, we drove out to d C from Andersonville, you know, where Arthur and missus Arthur lived, and uh, after like fifteen hours in the road, we were like starving, so uh in the middle of fucking nowhere in Virginia. We got off the highway and it just looks like random tie place, you know. And uh, Arthur's wife's like you want to like risk it, and everybody's like yeah, like we're really hungry. But this tie place, man was like awesome and it was like legit, like thaie people running it. It was like it was a nice place. Uh. I got this like pork low Maine kind of thing. I got, like the I don't really like Thai food, so I just got I always got like the chinkiest thing over the menu. And I like cork low Maine because like pigs taste good, you know, and uh, you can't go wrong with like a well prepared like kind of low main thing and then uh we got some like vegetable dishes and like shrimp for the table. But this place was like fucking fire and like Arthur and his wife lived in Thailand, you know, because he was like training with uh you know, with with some like muay Thai masters over there, like legit, you know, it's like Jean Claudevine damn kind of ships. But I uh, I'm trying to turn him on into Western boxing, like I uh, on his birthday, I got him. Uh, I got him with Tommy the Duke Morris and shirt because Arthur is like a big white boy with like a fucking killer left hook. You know, he's like Landin Lever type eye. He's not He's not like a woodpile representative like like like the Duke. But uh I uh, I like, I like seeing big white boys with tyson asque left hooks. So I'm trying I'm trying to get more like yeah, looking crazy. You were talking about Thai food. It reminded me the best I'm not I'm not big on Thai food either, but the best high food I ever had was in fucking reikievic Iceland, and it was on the end.
Speaker 2: It was on the end of a rural road like in the city, like like it's just a little outside a restaurant and and it was it almost looked like a shot but they had like two tables in there, and I went in there with my ex and we're we're like, because all right Icelandic food. Yeah, no, I'm not.
Speaker 1: They just like eat stuff like gross stuff like desiccated fish, jelly and shit.
Speaker 2: And brains and ship like that. Like how so they have KFC's and subways everywhere. So I found it's disgusting, like how is that place so open? Like I literally like go, I go hungry before I like eat that fucking It's like literally pooh, Like who the fuck eats that? So I find a random tie place and the people speak Tie speak Icelandic and speak English. That's incredibly random and weird, but that's well, you know, you know what we gotta do sometimes. Uh, you know, Cody's a wife's family. They Cody's wedding had like the probably like the most overall fun wedding I've ever been too, was like the Burden wedding. I mean that that was just like a wild time. It was awesome and it was in the Blue Mountains and it was just great.
Speaker 1: I mean, I always have fun at weddings, and then I'm honored that I'm I'm kind of like uh an in demand wedding guest. You know, I always have fun. But uh, Cody's wedding at like the best food ever and uh you know his wife's uh one hundred percent Italian and they her folks run like an Italian restaurant and uh it's in striking distance of Kenosha, so it's only it's only like an hour and like ten minutes away from me. I keep on intending to corral uh some of the fellas into going there because I, like I said, I've uh you know, the the catering.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: I mean obviously, like you marry an Italian lady, you're gonna have You're gonna have some extraordinary food at at the at the wedding reception. But you know, like her dad like hooked it up and uh, like I was talking to her pops, dude like introduce himself like everybody every guess of that wedding. It was a big ass wedding. Like I know he did considered yourself to me and like I mean fuck am I you know, but you know I complimented him. I'm like the first Time'm like, you know, you got to congratulate the father bride, you know, and I'm like, thanks so much for inviting me. And I'm like, you know, this food was like exquisite. He's a go well, you know, not for nothing. Uh, you know, I got the sausage came to my supplyer blah blah blah, like you know, the the leagued he was from, blah blah blah. So it's like basically like this is the stuff uses in his own restaurant. So it's it's killing man. And I'm a I'm a sucker for Italian food, you know. Like it hurts me the next day, kind of like when overdo the bush Mills, but I like, I like absorb the pain, you know, and deal with it kind of. Uh. I'm not gonna say that because I was about to say something really crude, but I'm there's a couple of ladies on deck and h plus, uh it's uh, it's it's still to really to be talking that way. And I don't know the l by bush Mills at the moment, but this is great our dear friend Rob Palmer, he's a found the joy there's the blt with avocados. Yeah, and he said he made it for his mom and his hands. I went over really well, yeah awesome. But speaking of which, I I'm gonna raise up in a minute because I'm going to go get a bot at the Landmark. And I got to uh, oh yeah, and I had long last. The manuscript is in fact being wrapped up. But the hold up was, I mean, not much got done once a second, Thomas, what tempis you get? Oh? There's this place in Fishtown? He was asking what and it was this bar. I took a bunch of photos of it. I can't really it's out of my head, but that's some of the Philly contingent came and met me there and I was like, really hungry man. So I asked the barmaid and she's like, oh, there's this great sandwich shop. I'll deliver here. So uh, what what called an Italian sub and shy Town is different than what they served me there? Like based in Chicago, it's uh, it's salami, boloney and usually copa cola or uh that's like these idiots. I'm like the Jewpranos called good but gooo, it's like it's capacla you fucking jew fuck. But uh they uh sometimes they'll uh thrown for shudos some places. Whatever they added in there, it was just like incredible and it was almost like a chopped Italian, which another one of my favorite sandwiches, because like the meats were laid conventionally, but the lettuce and like olives and stuff were like chopped and then they were like saturated and like submarine dressing. It was like so good, but uh, I can't remember. Uh it was whatever place that in Fishtown that you know, they they they had me order from, but it was dope.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I love Philly man, and like a Philly contingent. It was great because uh those guys came to meet me and because I had I when you take the Gray out of Philly, they they literally just like dropped you in the middle of Philly and like get out, you know, so I got there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you sent me a picture. You sent me a picture where they dropped you, and it was like it was on the street, yeah, and.
Speaker 1: It was like a pretty hood area, but I uh there was this cop who's just like standing around looking angry. But you know, I pretty I got a pretty good rapport with people, you know, like even even police weren't really people but just kidd But uh so in any event, uh I uh you know, I got like my duffel bag and stuff too. Uh And I'm like, uh, I'm like, hey man, how you doing? And he's like, how you doing? I'm like, well, I'm like I just got to Philly and like they made me get off the bus and I'm like, uh, where where can I go kill some time? Because I can't check it into my hotel for like ten hours. And he's like, well, he's like, you can go to fish Town and get drunk. And I'm like that sounds like a good idea, you know. And uh so that's what I did because a bunch of a bunch of third shift guys, you know, they're they're getting off work at you know, like six in the morning. So I'll go to Fishtown and they make breakfast a bunch of those bars, Like iess, I just missed breakfast when I got there, but uh no, they that I made friends with the whole staff. They you all hung out there all day, you know, and uh yeah, they said come back any time. Where he's welcome here. It was pretty dope, manfelt. And and then the Anneal Hillo Christmas party. I got this. This uber driver guy was a freaking psycho. You know, I mean, I'm going this year. Oh no, awesome, yeah yeah. Now the speaking of the NLPL guys, I'm kind of rambling wrap it in a minute. But no, I had, like in the month of April, nothing much got dune, so it was my health was bad. But uh, I did the two things with the manuscript I had to make. I'd add a conclusion to make it readable and titled together. And it was sticking to my craw that I didn't include a discussion of the Battle of casn, which in my opinion was America's Stalingrad. Okay, even though it was a tactical victory, I'm not suggesting that the outcome was what made it a parallel incident. I mean as the representative factors in the political significance and the fact of it being a purely ideological contest and ideological considerations rather than material criteria, you know, being the cause of Belle. And it would have bothered me for the rest of my days that I left that out. And I plan to be here for a minute, and I plan to write many more books. But if God forbid, I wasn't here anymore next week, or if I a piano fell on me and I died this afternoon, I want this value to stand alone, you know. And that's where we're at. So I told Taylor. We talked to her texts on Monday, and I told him by the end of this weekend, I'll I'll have a working draft for him, and I will. But that's not the reason we all like the girls at the Landmark a lot and guys, because like, uh, they let me hang out there and peck pick pick away, and they keep me, they keep me plied with belts and bush mills, and that's essentially the creative process. You know. I tip well too when I get my age. I don't mind. I don't mind paying pretty women to like hang around with me, even if it's it's just like laughing at my jokes because I as they type away at the bar. But uh, yeah, this was a This was great, man. I forgive me if it was a little bit scattershot and rambly, but I I think part of what's and I think part of the strength of these streams. Is that they're spontaneous, you know, yeah, not planned at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, no, well uh yeah, I gotta go jump on and start and record with someone else.
Speaker 1: You know. I left this week deliberately chill because for that reason, for the work on the manuscript. But tomorrow I'm recording with the Burden on On on the Zebra Murders tomorrow and that that that's that's serious. Seemed to be a big hit so far. Yeah, that's mister Hart's is fishing on Sam. It was probably reaches. Yeah, I think I think that's what it was, man. Yeah, but it was really good. But yeah, all right, thank you, Pete. I really appreciate, thank you, subs. I really appreciate everybody support, especially weight week. But uh yeah, I'll let you go, man, and we'll talk this weekend about you know, the content stuff we talked about the other day.
Speaker 2: Yep, absolutely, all right, we'll talk to you. Thanks everyone, take care,