Speaker 1: KFI.
Speaker 2: Mister mo Kelly, It's later with mo Kelly. We are live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. And just a bit of news to let you know we are following that breaking story of Claremont McKenna College in Pomona is presently on lockdown after a report, a single report of a possible shooter. The school sent out a message a little bit before six pm this evening to staff and students about a quote unquote potential shooter and advise them to stay away from the area and when it follows quote, a potential threat on CMC's campus was reported to the Claremont Police Department. A shelter and place order has been issued while police and public safety ensure the campus is secure close quote. There has been no activity from what we can tell at this point, just letting you know that we are monitoring the situation now. There have been some television news reports and they've shown several squad cars around what is called the Cravis Center building on campus, and students were also being cleared by law enforcement from what is listed as the Roberts Pavilion and all classes for Promoter College were canceled due to this police activity and Obviously this is a developing story. If there should be more, like we were covering with Lomlanda Hospital last night, we'll give you an update on that before the hour is over. If there should be more information, of course we will pass it along to you, but just letting you know that we're aware of it and we're following it in the KFI twenty four hour News from and speaking of other news, Look, I didn't decide to live in California to deal with tornadoes. Okay, that was a conscious decision on my part. Part of the reason why I live in California, and let's say Alabama or Mississippi or Oklahoma.
Speaker 1: You know, tornadoes were a consideration.
Speaker 2: And when I got up this morning and realized that a tornado had touched down in Pico Rivera, I said, it might be time to leave. Might be time for me to actually leave up out of California. That might be the straw that broke the camel's back because I'm not dealing with tornados. Yes, I know, I remember the one in Montebello. But this is something that I'm going to talk about next segment. Also tonight. You don't want to go anywhere because not only are we going to be giving away Wango Tango tickets.
Speaker 1: We've been talking about that for the past few days. Wango Tango.
Speaker 2: That's right, got a pair of tickets we're going to give away at the bottom of the hour. And then in hour three, skipping around, we have a family four pack of Kids Bop tickets for their live tour, which is going to be coming to the Honda Center in Anaheim in September. Let's say you're a kid at heart. Let's say you have some kids Kids Bop. It's a great show. It really is a great show. It's fun show. They have this daddy dance off which is hilarious. So they bring the fathers on stage and they do battle in a dancing sense against each other. So we have a pair of Wango Tango tickets that we're gonna give away at the bottom of this hour. In fact, Jojo is going to come in and join us again here in studio as we talk about Wango Tango. And then at nine o'clock in the third hour, we're gonna give away some Kids Bop Live tour tickets. There is a lot that's gonna be going on on the show tonight, and you know it's Tech Thursday, so that means Marsha Collier will be here in studio with us as well, and we have a self drive car update.
Speaker 1: And let me just first say good evening, Mark Ronner, evening, Mo. I know you're busy. No, I'm good.
Speaker 2: But to Walla, Sharp had the dirty nerve to try to sneak in one positive sounding story about WEAIMO.
Speaker 1: It ad like a damn advertisement. Well what would you expect from Tawalla Sharp?
Speaker 2: I would expect him to have a degree of fairness and also hand me the other not so flattering stories about Weimo which hit the news this week.
Speaker 3: That would not serve his interests or his bank account. Well that's true, that's true.
Speaker 2: So I helped put it into that, and I put some other stories in the waymos Stack that we're going to be covering in hour two after we talked to Marshall Collier. And let's say you were a T Mobile subscriber, you might be due for a big payout over that twenty twenty one data breach.
Speaker 1: I've never had T Mobile, have you marked? I think that's what I have.
Speaker 3: I think whatever I had, I think I had Sprint and they merged with T Mobile, and that's what I have.
Speaker 1: Now, that's right.
Speaker 2: I had Sprint for a number of years, so that may actually twenty twenty one. Yeah, that was around the time I switched away from Sprint, so I might have to go back and look at my records.
Speaker 1: Wait, so I'm getting some dough. Let's stay focused here.
Speaker 2: If you were a T Mobile customer, quite possibly you're gonna have to wait till hour two to hear that.
Speaker 1: Ah, but you'll be here. You'll be here. Oh, that's right. I have no place else to go. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe you had something else to do. You know, an eight o'clock hour. I can multitest. You are a busy guy. And speaking of being a very very busy guy, I heard you talk about the rain, and I was under the impression that was supposed to rain tonight.
Speaker 1: I guess I'm wrong. That's what I was waiting for.
Speaker 3: Well, mo As you know, the forecast can change from day to day, is it can. It's not a thing where you act disappointed if things are not as you were told a week ago.
Speaker 1: A status. We know it's the opposite of that.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, that's fluid, so we it was supposed to rain today, but it's going to rain tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Now. Can you live with that? Are we good?
Speaker 2: I can so long as it doesn't change again, because if it rains tonight as I'm driving home, then I'm going to be very disappointed in you, specifically because you're telling me that it's going to rain tomorrow and you can't get it right just a few hours before, you know, I go home, then I might have to come back to the office and we'll have a misunderstanding.
Speaker 3: I don't want that. I don't know how I could cope with your disappointment. But last night was terrible. I drove home in it last night, and not only was it bad last night, like it was one of those nights where two seconds out in it and you're soaked, and then there's always the one huge drop that goes down the back of your shirt.
Speaker 1: Last night was awful.
Speaker 2: It was only awful for me the last five minutes of my drive. I got home closer to eleven o'clock. That's when it started raining for me. But prior to that it was pretty clear. So that means I know for you when you were leaving, because you're leaving most times after midnight, it probably was unbearable.
Speaker 3: Not recommended, and especially not if you're stopping, say theoretically at the in and out drive through as well and very hypothetically yeah, yeah, if one were to do such a thing.
Speaker 1: But is there a better time to stop it? In and out? Honestly didn't want to cook.
Speaker 2: And when I go to in and out, I rarely go through the drive through.
Speaker 1: I will get out the car.
Speaker 2: And if it was raining that you probably don't want to, but I usually will get out the car and walk inside because I'll probably get my food much quicker than if I'm waiting in that long line of cars.
Speaker 3: It was an evening of no good options. You weren't going to be pleased whichever direction you chose.
Speaker 1: I haven't had in and out in such a long time. I think the last time.
Speaker 2: We had in and out, I think Stephan went and got us in and out or something like that.
Speaker 3: I was trying to use some Jedi mind control last night, but I couldn't get anybody here.
Speaker 1: To go out it for us. You should have.
Speaker 2: Just just said it, and we would have. If you say it early enough in the eve, we'll be talking ourselves into hunger and then making our way to the decision of getting some in and out.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: I even tried to get the nice load lady to go get it for us, but she was like, now you're on your own. That sounds so wrong. What I meant was Tiffany Hawks. Yes, that's what I meant.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we got to talk about that tornado which touched down in Picco Ravia, and at the bottom of the of the hour, Jojo is going to join us in studio. We're going to give away two tickets to Wango Tango, and also we'll end up the hour talking about that Loma Linda hospital swatting. And I want to tie this into what's happening right now at Clairemont McKenna. That college is on lockdown because of a possible shooter. There hasn't been any new information, but we are following that story and I wonder, and I'm speculating out loud. I'm wondering if we might see more of these types of incidents, which are not leading anywhere. But there's nothing new to report on Clairemont mc kenna at this moment, but we are following it. It's later with Mo Kelly. If I am six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: And I met what I said last segment. You know, tornadoes.
Speaker 2: That's where I draw the line that right there, not fires, not floods, not mud slides, not earthquakes.
Speaker 1: Tornadoes will have me pack my ish and go.
Speaker 2: Maybe because I've spent my whole life dealing with tornadoes. Maybe because I can see fires and for the most point, for the most part, we can't predict fires, but there are things that you can do to fight fires. Tornadoes you don't get much warning and all of a sudden they're on you. We had a tornado touchdown in Pico Rivera, and thank goodness, it was an extensive damage, but there was some damage. It was an EF zero and on a tornado scale, that's about that is the lowest powerful tornadoes. So thank goodness for that. But if there should be a change going forward that they're going to be more tornadoes, more frequently, or more powerful or more devastating. Stephan, you're my witness to Walla's my witness, Mark Ronner's my witness. We'll have a podcast to verify this I am leaving California, and where are you gonna move to? It doesn't matter. Somewhere where where they're no tornadoes. I might move to Seattle. I'd rather deal with rain than tornadoes.
Speaker 1: I'm serious. That's why I draw the line.
Speaker 5: Loo.
Speaker 6: You are not taking in to consideration the worst part about the entirety of the tornado. God's seen them. I know what they're all about. You haven't taken a consideration that if we have tornado season mixed with fire season, we're gonna have a fire Nato.
Speaker 3: Well, we not to be funny, but we pretty much kind of had that in January when you saw the high If you.
Speaker 6: Saw what that fire looked like when it was just blowing something, imagine that swirling and coming at you.
Speaker 3: It's not out of the realm of possibility. Didn't some of the fire officials actually use that word. I believe so, but I have to go back and check.
Speaker 2: But that was part of the reason, with the Santa Ana winds, why these fires were basically unfightable.
Speaker 1: I know that's not a word, but I'm saying.
Speaker 2: There was not much that they could do because of the winds.
Speaker 1: The whole house shook and then there was just rumbling everywhere. We woke us up. The sound.
Speaker 3: You could hear it, you could hear hale, and then all of a sudden, you hear it roke hard, hard wind.
Speaker 7: And then everybody in the house woke up, and everybody's like, did you hear that? What's going on?
Speaker 1: I think we just had a tornado.
Speaker 8: Thursday morning, meteorologists with the National Weather Service confirming the storm did infect spawn an e F zero tornado, which touched down with wooden speeds of about eighty five miles per hour.
Speaker 1: Eighty five miles per hour. No, thank you, no, thank you.
Speaker 2: That was a real We're not talking about, you know, just like a dust wind, you know. No, it's an actual tor frickin Nato, in Pico Rivera.
Speaker 8: It's of about eighty five miles per hour.
Speaker 4: This is the lowest of the ratings on the rating scale.
Speaker 6: It still is.
Speaker 1: I don't care. I don't care if it's the lowest.
Speaker 2: If the lowest is eighty five miles an hour, that still could kill someone. Did you see some of the damage was uprooting huge trees and throwing them on cars.
Speaker 1: That's enough. That's enough. I don't need to see an F one or F two.
Speaker 3: This is the lowest of the ratings on the rating scale.
Speaker 1: It still is damaging. It's still impacted many people.
Speaker 8: The Twisters path one mile long, toppled trees.
Speaker 2: Wait, it was one It was one mile. That's a long way when you think about it. And from what I understand, it was down for two minutes. Now we know that an earthquake just thirty seconds long feels like an eternity. Imagine a tornado for two minutes. That's longer than a Mark Runner newscast. Two minutes.
Speaker 1: Is that your unit of measurement? Now, thank you for that.
Speaker 3: Let's just say theoretically, we're told by people who may be actual experts in the subject that we're going to be faced with more and more extreme weather events in the near future.
Speaker 1: Which way you think this is gonna go? Not better? No, probably worse?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because all the evidence in data and science is pointing in the direction of, I don't know, more wind events, more fires, more floods, just all bad stuff, you know, wrath of God stuff, cats and dogs living together, masses, passestaria.
Speaker 4: Many people.
Speaker 8: The Twisters path one mile long, toppled trees, down power lines and damage to homean cars scattered across four blocks.
Speaker 2: An ef zero scattered across four blocks, trees, cars. If this happened maybe in the middle of the day, we might have seen more extensive damage or people could have been hurt or worse. I think we were fortunate, maybe because it was in the middle of the night. He didn't have the street traffic for one, I understand, was basically going right down the street.
Speaker 8: Toppled trees down, power lines and damage to Homan cars scattered across four blocks. It's pretty heartbreaking.
Speaker 1: You know, it's our family car, my mom's car.
Speaker 3: That's around the time my mom.
Speaker 2: Leaves for work. So thank god she wasn't out here, because you know, a car is replaceable, my mom's not.
Speaker 1: I draw the line at tornadoes.
Speaker 2: I want no part of them to While I've never seen a tornado, but that's something I probably would start tripping out on. My mother's family lived in Detroit. Not often you see the tornado there, but in the Midwest, and Mark Ronner knows this. In the East Coast, and you know this living in an eerie people had basements, Yep, it was just a different understanding.
Speaker 1: For the most part. People don't have basements out here, there's nowhere for us to go. You just kind of there.
Speaker 6: When you see that funnel coming down, you tighten up just a little bit, You get real real tight.
Speaker 1: You can'n out run it.
Speaker 6: You cannot run it, and you start to rethink your life decisions. You say to yourself, why am I out here? Why am I dealing with this? There's no way in hell. You know what, if we survived this, we're moving. All of that happened, All of that happened. The funnel came down, The clocks on the larms are going off, our neighbors are screaming, go.
Speaker 1: On to your basement, go get here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we've lived a white Yeah live that. It was absolute loot insanity.
Speaker 1: Mark, did you deal with that? In Indiana?
Speaker 3: I did, and I had to cover the aftermath of some tornadoes where people had their homes, their businesses destroyed, some people killed. I'll tell you this is a public service, and no matter what you've seen in a movie, if you spot a tornado, don't chase it with your truck.
Speaker 2: I've never seen a funnel cloud actual touchdown. And I've seen some water spouts out on the ocean, you know, not too far from San pedro.
Speaker 1: That's it. It's not the same. Avoid trailers as well.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess I'm a little bit not a solid foundation, I know, but I have covered trailer parks that have been absolutely destroyed in tornadoes, and yeah, they don't hold up real well.
Speaker 1: You want to avoid that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: If you live in one and there's a trailer park near where I live in North Hills, get out of there if you have a report that a tornado's on the way.
Speaker 2: I wonder what type of warning system we would have, because we have a a so called and I say so called because you only get like three or four seconds warning, so called warning system for earthquakes. You know, we'll get the alert on our phone. More and more often we're getting the alerts for the earthquakes. Does it given you time to even put your pants on?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: I know because the two times that I have received an earthquake alert, it was simultaneous to the start of the earthquakes.
Speaker 1: So it didn't do me any good other than validating.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is not a truck driving by, This is not a cherry bomb going off in the neighborhood.
Speaker 3: This is an actual earthquake. That's all it did for me was just confirmation. Yeah, thanks for that. Yeah, I don't know what I would do to wall Look no new.
Speaker 1: If they start having.
Speaker 6: Tornadoes in California on a regular basis, I don't know if this is the place to be anymore.
Speaker 1: Would I just don't know, and I don't know. No, I'm not trying to be funny.
Speaker 2: I'm being serious, Like people didn't believe me for the first four or five years I was talking about with bees in an actual phobia. I'm being one hundred percent serious, one hundred percent. If I were to see an actual tornado in southern California, I would start making my plans to have a renegotiation with KFI to be able to do my show remotely from some non tornado area like Arizona or something like that.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I'd be looking for a different residence. You're not gonna be making any plans. You're gonna be making peace with your creator.
Speaker 6: You see a tornado out in your area, it's a problem.
Speaker 2: Look, Pico Rivera is not far enough away. I needed to be in a different state. Here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna plan ahead. We buy a shipping container. You can get those for two or three grand. Have a hole dug in the backyard of your estate and there's your shelter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not gonna fit in my backyard. To well as see in my backyard, it's not gonna fit. Okay, I thought the the Mokelli Villa was larger than this chat to Elemo.
Speaker 1: My mistake.
Speaker 3: Okay, goodness gracious thousand pardons. Jojo Wright joins us in the studio.
Speaker 2: Next, we got two Wango Tango tickets to give away, so you might want to stick around.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Joining me in studios, Jojo, Right, you know it's not Kiss FM three to seven pm weekdays.
Speaker 1: Jojo was good to talk to you, man. How you been You're good, doing good with people. Don't know.
Speaker 2: We were just talking off air about different people that we've worked with. Time in the business music industry. What do you make of your time in this business?
Speaker 1: It's a loaded question.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think I started at Kiss FM in ninety seven and I'm coming up mid ninety seven. I've been on Kiss almost well, it's coming up on thirty years.
Speaker 1: If you can believe that I'm one hundred.
Speaker 2: I know that's almost unheard of because because I always say, you haven't worked in this business until you've lost your job in this business, I've had.
Speaker 1: I've been fired before.
Speaker 5: Okay, I've been I got fired in San Francisco, up in the Bay Area, and then I I was on vacation in l All.
Speaker 1: You got fired will on vacation I was. I worked in the Bay. I came down to l A. Yeah, no, it's yeah, you have to. I came down to LA just to chill.
Speaker 5: And they you know, when somebody fills in for you, they do like they do your bits, like you're filling in for mo O and it's Moe's top nine whatever. When these these guys went on for me, they changed all the bits, so I thought something's up, respectful it is, and they fired me.
Speaker 1: You know, I got just I got fired. I was on vacation in LA.
Speaker 5: Now, eventually they got booted and I went back up to there. That's it's just I mean, I'm telling the story terribly right now, but it's just that's.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I got fired while on vacation on my day off in LA. That's when I worked in the once again in the Bay.
Speaker 2: The reason I have you on obviously, Wango Tango is coming up reals soon, but tickets actually go on sale tomorrow at ten am on AXS dot Com. Now, let's go through some of these names are going to be on the bill. We're gonna give away a pair of tickets at the end of the segment when I say, Doja.
Speaker 1: Cat, what I think, Doja, Because you've probably interviewed me, I've.
Speaker 5: Interviewed I've interviewed I think I think everybody on this list I talked to. Yeah, I've interviewed Doja Cat just once or twice at the iHeartRadio Music Festival, and I don't know know her. I want to get to know her better because she's such a huge artist and she's so she's super nice. But UH only talked to her just a couple of times the last time being like I said in Vegas at the iHeart Festival, Gwen Stefani, I've known her for ever, just like you had.
Speaker 2: I would say I knew her, know her, but I worked with her when she was at the beginning of her career, when I was working at Interscope Records.
Speaker 1: I have nothing bad to see.
Speaker 5: She is awesome and she's she's as sweet as you remember she's she's the best. Megan Trainer, she's she's forming at Waego Tangle. Meghan Trainer used to come to our daughter's dance studio. She had a niece at the same studio. So I've seen Megan for years. David get interviewed him, you know, for years as well. They're all doing extended sets, so it's not the typical like festival sets or you know, radio sets, which is a couple of songs. They're doing extended sets. Those four artists and Gwen is performing at sunset. So and we're on the beach. I don't know if you mentioned that. Oh yes, we're on the beach. So imagine Gwen Stefani in Orange County, Huntington City beach on the beach at sunset. That's just kind of a it's kind of perfect in my opinion, that's got to be a beautiful site.
Speaker 2: Saying nothing of the music, a beautiful experience, I'll say, yeah, sure, one hundred percent. So, and we've never done this well on the beach. We're pumped about that.
Speaker 5: A group called Katsi, they'd fall into the global pop category, not K pop, but a lot of K pop fandoms love Katsie, but there they'd be they'd be referred to as a global pop group and K pop. I'm into the K pop scene. I do a K pop show on the weekends around around the country. And Uh, there's a group called Cychrs x I K e r S called Psychers. Fans are going crazy. The K pop community loves Cychers. Is a group called in Mix. Cyckers is a guy group. In Mix, it's a girl group. They're going to be their Hearts to Hearts. That's a young K pop group, girl group. They just basically launched and this is their first I believe it's their first performance in the in the US in a group called A two oh Ay. They're from China and they will be doing their debut performance in the States as well, I believe.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you this, because I think you have enough history and perspective to be able to answer this. Why do you think K pop specifically has caught on with such fire here in the United States?
Speaker 5: I think it the why I don't know, but it's similar to the boy band Boom Backstreet and Sink Early, you know, early two thousands.
Speaker 1: It's just like that.
Speaker 5: The only difference is there's I mean, BTS is king of the food chain when it comes to the K pop scene, and they'll be back as a group later this year or early next year because they're there's still some of the members are still in the military, but they're they're king of the food chain. But there are so many groups in the K pop space and global pop space that are just huge, whereas in back in the day, I don't think there were as many moving the needle as much.
Speaker 1: But why, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think it's it's it's the same thing as you know, great choreo, great harmonies, right, you know, you.
Speaker 1: Fall in love.
Speaker 5: I love the musicality of it, the production of the of the K pop space, and I say k pop, I should say global pop space. It's it's pretty phenomenal. So once you get into it, it's it's I've fallen in love with it, and and the people as well.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna hold you all night now.
Speaker 2: If you just had a whole show from three to seven pm, then he come downstairs and sit and talk to us. Look, we both love our job jobs, but it still can.
Speaker 1: Be pretty demanding.
Speaker 2: I would imagine, Yeah, it's it's today, Well, today's my day today.
Speaker 5: I got here pretty early. I interviewed a guy named Domiano David. This is nothing to do with K pop or Wango Tango, but Domiano is the lead singer of the group Monaskin. They're from Italy, and but he's doing his solo things. So Domiano came in early this morning, like, well take it back about one o'clock, one o'clock to them. Then about five o'clock in the middle of my radio show, I'm kind of doing two things once. You know, a group from Japan came in called j O one and there were there's eleven members in the group. Plus when you think hair and makeup, there's a baseball team, it's a baseball team. Yeah, and did like twenty five members total as far as hair and makeup, and then they had the camera crew from Japan. I think it was the way they I forget the name of the network. They said it was the equivalent of like a CNN in Japan, like a huge you know network came in to film there. They everything they do. They're filming them as they walk around the States, and so that's.
Speaker 1: What I saw. There were a lot of people people.
Speaker 5: So that's that's that's my day today and tomorrow morning, jumping on KTLA to talk about Wango Tango.
Speaker 2: So they got me, they got me working mo earn your money right, This is what I need from you. I need you to choose a number between one and ten because we're getting ready to give away a pair of tickets right now to Wanglet. We've told you about the artist Doja Cat of Megan trainer David Getta Katsi in mixed psichers a twelve May Heart's two Hearts and of course Gwensdefani on the beach Huntingdon City Beach as the sun goes down.
Speaker 1: Let's do this man one through It's funny.
Speaker 5: I was talking to Tim the other day yesterday and uh, I was debating on what number to do, and we normally do one, O two because kiss a FM one of two point seven.
Speaker 1: I thought, man, you can't do six hundred and forty calls. That's a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Collar twelve, call it number thirteen, Collar number four hundred and fifty seven.
Speaker 5: Oh my, got so one through ten. I think that's a nice range. Let's go let's go number seven.
Speaker 2: If you're calling number seven, you and a guest will be going to iHeartRadio's Wingo Tango huntingson City Beach. Great lineup, superstar lineup, Jojo Wright.
Speaker 1: Thank you, my brother. I really appreciate your time.
Speaker 5: By the way, tickets on sale general public on sale tomorrow morning, ten am.
Speaker 1: Access. Like you said as dot com Mo.
Speaker 5: You're awesome, dude. I love what you do. Congrats on everything. I have heard your anniversary, all that stuff.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: You know, one of these days we need to tell some of our stories that we were talking about off air.
Speaker 1: This is but on air.
Speaker 2: Oh, the ones that we're allowed to tell, because there's some stuff that we can't tell if.
Speaker 1: We want to continue to work in this business.
Speaker 5: What's what's the when people tell you, like they say, hey, MO, give me a wild story, give me like your elevator, pitch your ten second. What's the I'll give you my wildest one, but give me yours.
Speaker 2: It's really inappropriate, and I think you would think different of me. I've told it on air. It's one time we went to Miami and we were promoting I was working for Aeroscope Records. We were promoting the first Eminem album and I got the platinum placket home to prove it. And what we did is my job was I had to go out and find some entertainment for DJs that we were playing the Eminem album for. This was at the Impact Music Convention. Oh, Miami, you know where this story is going. Oh, I know it involves dollar bills or something. Oh, you're very close. So I hired local entertainment to come in. And there was a contest. Okay, I'm just going to tell the story. There was a contest that we had all these DJs kind of in a circle and we had a talented individual matchup with each DJ and it was one thousand dollars prize for the first DJ who could let's say, reach the apex of the mountain.
Speaker 1: Shut up. True story.
Speaker 2: And I think my producer Tuala was not in the room, but he was at the convention.
Speaker 1: True story. I heard he was in the room. I'm not going to tell that he was in the room. You know that's what.
Speaker 2: But yes, there was a winner and that winner received one thousand dollars because he was the first to reach the finish line.
Speaker 1: Oh your turn, your turn.
Speaker 5: Mine is not so risk a two thousand and three, Neverland Ranch was in a cake fight with Michael Jackson.
Speaker 1: Oh you win. I mean, well, I.
Speaker 5: Didn't throw cake, he threw cake on I was hosting. It was a fundraiser. They had two fundraisers, daytime and nighttime. I got to host the nighttime fundraiser, and uh, basically I didn't think Michael was going to be there. I thought he just you know, wave it in the distance or just you know whatever. Sure enough, he shows up and uh, cake fight. They brought a cake out and I saw him hand a piece of cake to the little girl or whoever it was, and I had the mic. I'm like, oh man, we're gonna be gonna have a cake fight. I can just feel it. Sure enough, him and Nick and Aaron Carter start going back and forth, cake starts flying. He turns to me and he pauses because he clearly doesn't know me, you know, And I said something to the effect and then I'm sure there's a video that would you know, just be the most embarrassing thing ever.
Speaker 1: But I said, hit me, Michael. He goes, are you sure? Yeah?
Speaker 5: And he's not, like he smashes cake on in. That was kind of it, and I you know, I was basically in.
Speaker 1: A cake fight. That's my only person I never had the opportunity to meet. In this business.
Speaker 2: I've met everyone that I wanted to meet, could meet, from Janet, Tina, turn On down well, every single one. But I never got a chance to meet Michael. Now I in like the fourth row at the Victory concert at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 1: So I was like fourteen at the time. Wow. So but that I never got a chance to meet him.
Speaker 5: You should meet I know his son Prince, and one of these days you should. He has a charity called He'll La. You should have him on one of these days and meet meet Prince.
Speaker 1: I'll set it up. If you listen, I'll call him one hundred percent. Let's set it up. Done. Jose are right, great to see Mo. You're awesome. Thank you man. KFI AM six forty alive everywhere in the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: We just gave away a pair of tickets to Wango Tango courtesy of Jojo Wright of our partner station Kiss FM. But there's other stuff that we're going to be giving away tonight as well. At the top of hour three, the Kids Bop Kids will be joining the show. We're going to be giving away a family four pack at the top of the nine o'clock hour to a lucky listener for the Honda Center Anaheim Show, which is going to be on September two, and so do not go anywhere. I did want to follow up on the Loma Linda hospital incident, if you will, last night, and how it was the result of a swatting call, A.
Speaker 9: Massive law enforcement presence at Loma Linda Medical Center just after six o'clock Wednesday evening after someone called in saying they were planning on shooting patients at the children's hospital. The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department was immediately notified and the hospital placed on lockdown.
Speaker 1: I actually was.
Speaker 6: Just waiting here and I just heard all the sirens coming out here, the helicopters, and then everybody coming in here, all the police just running in there, and then they kind of freaked me out.
Speaker 9: Jonathan Alvarado was about to pick up his partner who works inside.
Speaker 7: I was on the computer in my patient's room and then the code screen comes up and then we have phone like work phones, and it says this is not a drill, this is a real and you know they're using the terms hide, run, and fight, and it's you know, alerting when you hear that, and of course people are talking and rumors are going and you don't know what's real.
Speaker 1: So I was scared.
Speaker 9: Staff was told to shelter in place while deputies checked every floor and every room. The ordeal lasted almost two hours, but no shooter was found and no victims. The sheriff calling this a false swating call. Many of these things, the suspects mask these through IP addresses from places that could be even outside the United States or in other countries.
Speaker 2: I started the show tonight indicating that there was another incident with Clairemont McKenna College and we were looking to see if there was any more information on that that the campus is still in lockdown, but there's been no evidence of any actual shooter on that campus. And we'll follow that and see if there's any connection. I'm not saying there is, but we'll see if there's any connection to the Loma the swamping incident. Before we go to break Twalla, Sharp has some other news he wants to share.
Speaker 6: Breaking news because tomorrow is pie day and you know how much we absolutely love pizza. Well, Dave, we are Star Wars leader of all things promotions here at iHeart period.
Speaker 1: He came through.
Speaker 6: He reached out to our favorite pizza place, Shaky's, and he is secured gift certificates for you for tomorrow night's name that could classic movie game.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So people are gonna play the game, yes, and they're gonna get free pizza.
Speaker 6: They are going to get free pizza, and don't forget the Mojo's Fi dollar gift certificates.
Speaker 2: To who wait wait wait, wait, wait wait wait, fifty dollars for each winner, for each winner.
Speaker 1: You know I like to give away free stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this is fifty dollars gift certificates for each winner Tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Night too, Shaky's. Can you dig it? Fifty dollars?
Speaker 2: That means we're getting pizza from Shaky tomorrow night, right for us to eat? That said, I would hope.
Speaker 3: So, oh wait a minute, no black olives please, no mushrooms, no anchovies.
Speaker 1: Just got to get that stuff out the way right now. I don't want no misunderstandings.
Speaker 3: If I understood that right, extra Black Olives, racist can IF.
Speaker 1: I am six forty We're live everywhere. The I Heart Radio at Ignorance is bliss. We have zero bliss, completely blissless. KF I'm kost HD two Los Angeles, Orange County, Live everywhere on the Young Art Radio app