Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis, and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. We're into that glorious springtime weather, right, and part of the beauty of it is every now and then you get a curve like Friday, it's going to be forty degrees for a high, probably some snow too. Saturday, little chopp people get some sun in there. Easter Sunday fortunately looks like a bunch of sun, low sixties that being in the Denver metro area, but kind of mirrored throughout the states.
Speaker 2: So yeah, nice nice weather ahead.
Speaker 1: Two three is someone three eight two five five text d an five seven seven thry nine. It's such a fun time of the year, isn't it, Because you're starting to get this good weather and then you know it's summer ahead. It's not like fall when you get all that good weather, which you enjoy, but then you know winter is coming, right, But no, now the good stuff's I had and it's getting interesting for the first time anybody's interesting besides Ryan and me in the Colorado Governor's race, in the Colorado Center race, because now people are starting to see what I've been talking about for a long time.
Speaker 2: The GOP does have a chance here. They do have a chance here.
Speaker 1: And then that chance has been created by Michael Bennett, the presumptive Democrat.
Speaker 2: He just the epitome.
Speaker 1: He always has the epitome of East Coast you know, elitism, silver spoonism, but now.
Speaker 2: He adds to it a level of arrogance.
Speaker 1: I don't think Ryan, we have seen in Colorado politics, at least not in our lifetimes. Now people could argue, right, I mean, Jared paul is coming out and cursing at the people of.
Speaker 2: The state and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: You know, he's obviously a snob, but he tries to pretend, at least he tries to pretend not to be and.
Speaker 2: To be some kind of regular guy.
Speaker 1: Like remember that spot with the goofiest looking like Little League helmet he wore playing softball in a commercial. Oh wow, probably the first time he ever swung a bad which doesn't make.
Speaker 2: Him a bad guy.
Speaker 1: But don't don't do a spot saying you're a softball player when you're not, because I guarantee this as a guy who used to play one hundred games a year of competitive softball, nobody would ever wear a helmet, let alone that helmet. So yeah, but anyway, at least he pretended Bennett. If Bennett had three arms, he'd be given three middle fingers. He's just out there, just.
Speaker 2: Just owning the arrogance, owning the entitlement. I'm gonnae on the Senate and I gotta appoint my own successor.
Speaker 1: Now I'm going to execute everybody who ran against me. I mean, it's it's a remarkable thing to behold. So it's creating a lot of excitement on the GOP side, because, hey, when you're the presumptive Democrat nominee and the Denver Post, which and I love a lot of people there but usually functions as an arm of the Democratic Party, you're the presumptive Democrat nominee for governor and the Denver Post is rightly hammering you on your second day in the race.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that bodes well for the GOP. Will it be enough?
Speaker 1: No, GOP has to get a real good candidate and then they're gonna have. GOP is probably gonna have at least five, probably ten credible candidates in the primary, especially with this Bennette stuff. So then the big challenge is going to be the GOP nominating the right person, but then rallying behind him or her. That's going to be the challenge, right, because you know how it normally works, right, right, the losers they kind of say the right thing, but then it's and people really don't enthusiastically support and sometimes enthusiastically try to undermine the people who won the primary, and this time around, yeah, that would be unfortunate because there's a real chance here. So we got that to talk about so much more as well. Jes See, Caraveo is getting back in the race. She wants to take on Gabe Evans again, says, hey, the last race was a tough time for Dems. Think so, yeah, why weren't you out there condemning Biden? And she says this is going to be a better environment. Well, it probably will be, right, mid term party out of power, party in power, that's usually tough on their candidates in the midterm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no question about that. But she's also going to have a primary because there's a guy up there.
Speaker 1: If you're into that lefty stuff, an impressive guy who's already in that dem primary. So we'll keep an eye on that one. But so interesting she'd want back in, right, because didn't we hear all those years we heard about a great doctor, this family doctor, loved that love caring for families, but apparently wants to get back into this.
Speaker 3: Makes you wonder too, Dan, doesn't it about that eighth Congressional district, which is so pivotal, so critical, so important in this past election the upcoming one it will be as well? Is that the best they've got in the eighth district for the Democrats? Is there any other Democrats? No, I can be a better candidate than your dear Caraveo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think most people can be.
Speaker 1: And that's nothing personal, no, right, right, And she had a chance, man, she had a chance to really be spectacular. I don't doubt she's a fine doctor in certain ways, but she had a chance to really be spectacular. And remember, she came out, she came out and was speaking the truth on marijuana, and then she got pounded down by the left so fast and just didn't have the guts to stand up to him and say no, that the health of these kids is more important than my political career. And so she folded on that. But she she had the right idea on dope, and she had a chance to really be special there, because come on, the people who do you remember, right, you remember the people who are willing to sacrifice it all to do the right thing, sacrifice it all for something more important than themselves, for something bigger than themselves. And she had that chance, and she folded. You know, that's part of Trump's tremendous appeal. He went out there, this great comfortable life everything else, he went out there and he laid his life on the line to serve and that that's part of his appeal. Dan Bennett is in a real conundrum right now. An underused word rhying conundrn. You don't use it, not enough. You use every word some things that aren't.
Speaker 2: Words that aren't unairworthy of it.
Speaker 1: Sure, Bennett. Yeah, And that's really expanding now. It's too bad, isn't it. Things are getting more and more crass. I'm guilty of that sometimes I'm going on.
Speaker 2: The air though. But you're right.
Speaker 3: In general discourse with the especially members of the left that are speaking out against Trump or Tesla or elon a lot of profanity.
Speaker 1: But even with me, I mean I never before, like in my first ten or twenty years on air, would have said crap. And I don't like it when I say it, and I'm not going to say it again. I'm not trying to be some goodie two shoes. You know what happens during breaks and stuff? Oh yeah, man, if we could have broadcast the Brakes in the Capitalists and Silverman.
Speaker 2: Show, oh boy, oh my buddyness.
Speaker 1: Wow. You know, if we'd been on satellite, that probably would have been the number one show in the country. It would have been the number one show in the country. It would have ben What do they call those things when it's kind of a wrap off? What do they call those things?
Speaker 2: Yeah? This track or no no no, no, no no, yeah, like an eight mile of M and M. Yeah, I got ya. I don't know what that is, but anyway, the movie.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but that's what happened during those breaks, and the combinations of words not fit for public consumption were pretty remarkable.
Speaker 2: For all of us involved. Dan Bennett's in a real conundrum. What literally did in the Senate. I believe he voted with Biden like ninety eight percent of the time. Now he can only.
Speaker 1: Vote opposite of Trump, which puts him getting things wrong eighty to ninety percent of the time would be.
Speaker 2: Very bad for Colorado.
Speaker 1: Well, that that is such an important point, and that's the thing, is the left versus right thing. Okay, that matters to a certain extent in Colorado, right, But unfortunately, what we've seen is it doesn't matter enough because we saw in that last cycle.
Speaker 2: Right that you can you can be told totally.
Speaker 1: Trashing this state and all the way the Democrats are the last state wide cycle and they're still going to win by a comfortable margin. And a lot of that is because of negative perception of the GOP. That's just kind of baked in. So you need something dramatic to change that. So the left versus right thing alone is not going to get the GOP there.
Speaker 2: It's going to take more. It's going to take more, and.
Speaker 1: The starting point is a really unappealing Democrat candidate in Michael Bennett, and not just really unappealing to Republicans and hopefully a lot unaffiliateds, but he's going to be really unappealing to a lot of Democrats. So that's what you need to start. And then of course the gops to get their thing rights. So yeah, the left versus the right thing. But come on now, and it's tough because the media extension of the dem Party, so they won't put a lot of pressure on him. But you got a zero in on some of those eighty twenty ninety ten issues. You know, men in women's sports, men in girls bathrooms and showers, you know, issues like that that really are important on their face and tell the public who you really are. So yeah, a lot of opportunity there. So Dan not getting emotional. It's the peanut butter. Very smart move to get addicted to peanut butter. When you're a talk show stan listening to Michael Bennett telling you what time it is is painful. It takes five minutes, and he's slow as a dead turtle. Hearing him with turtle, Hearing him speak is slow and difficult. This comes back to a key point. Okay, separate from the left and right stuff, and Colorado's more left than right right now, but can be persuaded, I think enough people, but separate from the left and right stuff. When it comes to governor, people want somebody skilled. People want somebody with the skill set for that job. Because in that job, right that they're going to be the crisis, there are going to be the natural disasters, they are going to be all this other stuff where you just need somebody as the skills for the job, and clearly he does not, and that's proven by what.
Speaker 2: He's done in the job he's had.
Speaker 1: So again, that may be the thing close second to just the incredibly stunning elitism and arrogance, but that may be the thing that really opens the door for the GOP. The guy clearly doesn't have the skills.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Caplis Show, and now back to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 1: You don't like one of those magic moments two issues on the Secretary of State making a comment.
Speaker 4: The reason the administration believes they got a big win at the Supreme Court is because the district court was trying to compel the executive on foreign affairs.
Speaker 2: The Supreme Court through that out.
Speaker 4: That's not what the Supreme Court has ruled, and what Marco Rubio is saying is true. The courts have long recognized that they cannot compel the executive on foreign policy matters.
Speaker 2: That's number one.
Speaker 4: Number two, What they also believe is that politically, the American people want them to be as aggressive as possible and pull all the levers they can pull to solve the crisis that has festered for years. And you know that we keep calling this guy marilynd Man in the press.
Speaker 2: Nobody seems to worry about.
Speaker 4: The Maryland mother, Rachel Morin, who was murdered by someone that the previous administration let out of jail.
Speaker 5: But this is a vier.
Speaker 2: Scott Jennings nailed it.
Speaker 1: And one of the things that's so striking right is you see all these different polls, and they're all from the left that show way over fifty percent support for deporting everyone here illegally. Obviously we're up into the eighty ninety support range for deporting those here illegally who commit crimes, but strong majority plus support for deporting everybody here illegally. So the Democrats can go out there and do what they're doing now and just try to make heroes out of all these people here illegally committing other crimes, MS thirteen gang members, everything else, and try to make that their cause.
Speaker 2: And please, I'll send the limo for you, literally.
Speaker 1: Because all you're doing is helping elect more Republicans and you're not going to slow Trump down on that.
Speaker 2: That's for darn sure.
Speaker 1: Three or three seven, three eight two five to five the number, which is another reason TEXTDA and five seven seven three nine to be really excited if if you're a conservative like me, be really excited about Michael Bennett as the DEM candidate for governor because he has a history of far far, far left commitment to open borders, to to not deporting people here illegally who have committed other crimes.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's yeah, he is.
Speaker 1: He is extremely vulnerable and now I understand, under the best of circumstances it's a big, uphill battle for the GOP nominee. But but there is a real shot here. Thank you Michael Bennett and the left for that. Dan, I actually think you're right about Bennett. But curious if you got the courage to chat about the bond market and now Trump mucked up our economy. Oh my goodness, my friend, are you watching the same stuff I'm watching? Wait a second, when it comes to the economy. I mean, you look at his first term prior to COVID. It tells you what you need to know about his ability to do that. But also my goodness, we're what a month or two into this, and we just all know that the only way, the only way to change course and to steer away from this fiscal cliff we're headed for is some dramatic action. And Trump has a courage to do that, and I trusted him on this. Nothing's guaranteed to work, right, but what we are guaranteed to do is crash if we stay on the course we're on. And he has the guts to try something dramatic. And by the way, if it matters to anybody, it happens to be exactly what he told the people he would do when he ran for office, right, which is not what you get from these Democrats. You know, they run for office trying to sound like some kind of moderate and then they get elected and it's you know, they're left to Bernie Sanders. Literally right now under Jared Polis, Colorado is left of California in some very significant ways.
Speaker 2: Fortunately not yet. The statue.
Speaker 1: Did you see the statue Ryan in San Francisco? No over four stories tall? Of what just think about it for a second. It's San Francisco, It's true, this exists. Okay, over four stories tall? What do you think it's.
Speaker 2: Of a large Is this the one of a large women?
Speaker 5: Naked?
Speaker 2: Naked? Fuck naked? Did you see the worker that had to go through a certain area? Oh, don't say it.
Speaker 1: I don't need that on the statue, right, but I don't need the statue.
Speaker 2: I don't need that. What if it was Blucifer, I don't need that in my head.
Speaker 1: That's a great topic, that's a great top because you talk about a monument to the arrogance of the left. Ooh nice, right, yeah, old maths out at Dia. You've got this great state of Colorado, one of the most beautiful places on God's Earth, and you've got the people of Colorado are rich, Western heritage, everything else. And what does the left decide they're going to put up in the most prominent place at Dia, where millions.
Speaker 2: Of people go each year and millions of people visiting flow through. What do they decide to.
Speaker 1: Put up a monument to drug use? It is a horse on meth and it's ugly. No offense to the deceased sculptor at all, but it's ugly.
Speaker 2: It's horse bought ugly.
Speaker 1: But that's the left, right, If we like it, If normal people like us like art, then it's garbage, right, it's garbage because we're peons.
Speaker 2: What would you put up there? I'd love to get your take on this.
Speaker 1: Three or three someone three eight two five five text Dan five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 2: What should be in that spot?
Speaker 1: The single most prominent spot in the state of Colorado for a piece of public art. What should be in that spot? What should replace old myth? And Ryan, you talk about an issue across party lines. Yeah, getting rid of old meth is one of those. I guarantee you that. But what should replace it?
Speaker 2: Dan?
Speaker 1: How about a Bennett Buck rematch? I'm not betting a buck on that, are you.
Speaker 3: I'm glad that Texter brought it up because I think ken Buck won himself some favor with those that.
Speaker 2: Hate Trump on the left.
Speaker 3: But it goes back to our Joe O'Day analysis, which is you can try to make the other side like you, but you're just going to be a light version of what they already are the Democratic Party.
Speaker 2: And he's lost any and all support of the Trump base here. Well, yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: To me, the unfortunate thing is ken Buck I think would have been a tremendous US senator at the time he ran against Michael Bennett and he had him beat.
Speaker 2: He flat head him beat.
Speaker 1: I remember talking to Ken, called him the Friday night before election day, just to tell him what a great race he'd well run. I mean, there was obviously that hiccup on meet the press, but just encourage him. And I had every expectation he was going to win that race, and he came so close. And the Ken Buck of that era, he would have been a tremendous US Senator. So yeah, very very unfortunate. And what's even more unfortunate is that Jane Norton wasn't our US senator because she was in that same cycle. I can't remember. I think it was the ten cycle. She would have been a superstar US senator. And if Jane Norton that she lost a very close primary to Ken. If Jane had won that primary, well she would have and Michael Bennett's team will tell you they've told me she would have beat him by eight points. It she would have not only been a tremendous US centator, Jane Norton would have become the face of the GOP in Colorado.
Speaker 2: And it just would have been a whole different era.
Speaker 1: Moving forward, but that's life, right, I mean so close, just a game of inches.
Speaker 2: But she would have been phenomenal and Ken would have been a great senator and lost to Bennett by a hair.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a real chance to beat Michael Bennett. Now you're on the Dan Kaplis Show.
Speaker 2: You're listening to The Dan Kaplis Show Podcast one, My friend, Yeah, we just cut our promo for tomorrow.
Speaker 1: We're going to be talking about what we should replace old mes with. Right, because it's time. I don't care if we need a ballot measure statewide.
Speaker 2: It is time. That hideous, that hideous work of public art out at DiiA, which again is the left double middle finger to the rest of the state, because there can't be five people outside of the deceased sculpture's family. God rest his soul.
Speaker 1: I understand a good man and a talented artist who just had an off day with that thing. But yeah, yeah, there can't be five people in the state who like that thing. But obviously, these elitist on the left. If we like something, if normal people across party lines like something, it's trash, it's garbage because we're just normal people.
Speaker 2: But what should it be? What should it be. We'll talk about that more detail tomorrow, but I'd love your thoughts today.
Speaker 3: It bears repeating too, Dan that that monstrosity that statue killed the sculptor himself.
Speaker 2: So sad fell on him, so killed him. That should have been an omen right there. Oh it yeah, so sad, so sad.
Speaker 1: But who would What I'd love to know is who in the right mind could ever think that look good or that that represented us? Because you know what, and that's part of the arrogance too. And what God is talking about arrogance today is is my belief that this bizarre entitlement power played by Michael Bennett that even the Denver post is hammered in his second day in the race, is the single most arrogant political move in Colorado history. And that's saying a lot when you've just had eight years of kind of the ultimate snobb Jared Polis. But but Poulus would at least try to pretend at times that he wasn't. Bennett's just sticking it right in everybody's face.
Speaker 2: He's going to stay in the side of well, he runs for governor and then he's going to appoint his old successor. Then he's going to execute everybody who didn't support him.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's bizarre, but if you're a Republican, it's a wonderful thing to watch.
Speaker 2: How about Dan.
Speaker 3: You go to a lot of Broncos games, right, and they introduced those new cool looking horse statues at empower Field at Mile High Who's replaced old method one of the oaths?
Speaker 2: So I'm luckily.
Speaker 1: You know what, probably the greatest failure of my life.
Speaker 2: Has to do with the horse at Mile High Stadium. Well what happened.
Speaker 1: I have tried, and I consider myself to have some persuasive ability. I have tried as hard as I can to convince the Bronco organization, through everybody I know in the organization, to do one simple thing which would be immediately iconic. It would enhance the experience, it would become recognized all over the country. It cost a few thousand bucks. Just wire up Bucky. You know that big white horse, beautiful horse at that south end zone. Just wire them up so every time there's a touchdown, you get fire out of the snout and you get orange smoke.
Speaker 2: It's simple, It's awesome.
Speaker 1: I catted the crowd would love it all over the country.
Speaker 2: I just do it. Hyrotechnics works every time.
Speaker 1: But that that would be so cool, and you know, yeah, it's it's such a no brainer.
Speaker 5: Okay, truth I actually did shows like that with tyro Okay.
Speaker 2: Well, can you go climb up there and wire up Bucky?
Speaker 1: I have people, Yeah, we're good, get them up there and we'll get a defense fund for him.
Speaker 2: But the good thing is the Broncos now have the.
Speaker 1: Best ownership in the NFL, and so hopefully that it will happen, because it should.
Speaker 2: Happen, there's no downside. It would be awesome.
Speaker 1: How about a sculpture of John Denver in front of a fourteen er? I think that would be nice, But I don't see it for the airport. Do you see it for the airport? Because that is the single most prominent spot in the state for public art, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean yeah, it's the nexus for everybody coming to Denver, if even if you're just stopping on a layover and maybe you go downtown, careful if you do that. But well, what would be iconically descriptive of this region, this area of the state, right right?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: What about Doc Holiday?
Speaker 2: Yeah, wasn't he a criminal? He was? Sorry? I maybe.
Speaker 1: One of the best lawmen of the I'm not sure you could put a criminal up there, I mean the left wing right, because.
Speaker 2: He was a criminal. I'm sorry. I won't be missing this guy. It's just a scambler and gunfighter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay at poker.
Speaker 2: Oh he was just good.
Speaker 1: Famous gunfight at the Oka Krall in Tombstone, Arizona.
Speaker 2: Don't we need a Colorado guy or Gale?
Speaker 5: Well he died here and he was buried here.
Speaker 2: Okay, well we should do a statue.
Speaker 1: But no, no, no, you know what Chris Olinger, tremendous program director at KOWA in the day, said when I was a baby talk show host, there are no mistakes in brainstorming, which meant I had a really stupid idea, right, But there are no mistakes in brain storms. But I would love to hear from folks on what would be that one piece of art?
Speaker 2: And think what you have to work with there. You have all that land, You can build it as tall and wide as you want.
Speaker 1: Everybody's going to see it. There's only one way in and out of there, right, if you're going to get out live, there's only one way in and out of there. And you've got the easiest in history to follow. Now one person in the world is going to say, oh, that's not as good as the thing that came before it.
Speaker 5: What about Jack Swaggert?
Speaker 1: Oh that is subject. That's one of the best statues ever, isn't it the one in the airport?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Apollo thirteen.
Speaker 1: I've only seen it like six times, which isn't really true because I watched the end over and over. I think I've seen the full movie once, but sometimes when you need a little pump up watching him. But for those new to the area, yeah, he was a Colorado guy.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: Wasn't Dick Wadhams helping him out politically? I'd have to ask Dick that. I think Dick helped get him elected. He got elected to Congress and then died before he took office after of course, being a famous astronaut, died of cancer before he took office. But that is a great statue. The one in Dia really really well done because they got the head size right right. So often the head size is disproportionate.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, all of that. So okay, well, dive in. That's some more tomorrow. I want to think about it tonight too.
Speaker 1: What would be perfect, because Ryan, I remember when we actually did some investigative work into another terrible piece of public art. Have you ever seen Craig, one of one of his greatest ideas ever, came up with the name for it. Have you ever seen that that almost is hideous.
Speaker 2: Piece of art.
Speaker 1: If you're an I twenty five and you're just north of downtown and it looks like a red male body part, it's it's yeah, just.
Speaker 2: Kind of north Main downtown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's made out of beanbags, oh yeah, yeah yeah. And Craig named it the Venus. But it's another in your face lefty kind of thing. Right, here's a public place. Everybody drives by it every day, but they have to do something overtly Yeah, lefty like that. So but the main priority, one at a time, God have our priorities is replacing old maths and getting the right thing up there. What would that right thing be? And I think, Ryan, I think it's going to take having the right thing in mind before then generating the public action to replace old meth because everybody wants it replaced. But we just need to get that one great substitute that'll get everybody jazzed up and motivated to go get it done.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: And I'm not in the business of helping Diamond Mike Johnston, you know, because I think he's doing such a lousy job in Denver.
Speaker 2: But if he wants to do something to boost his.
Speaker 1: Popularity right now, to like climb out of the toilet, pardon the expression, Yeah, it would be get rid of old meth and replace it with something just really colorado. And uh yeah, we'll talk more tomorrow about what that might be. In the meantime, we've got some of this serious stuff we need to get after. When do we go back President Trump? President Trump is going to be offering cash payments and a plane ticket to people willing to self deport. How much do you think that amount should be? First, what do.
Speaker 2: You think the amount is it'll take to get people to do it? Enough people? Right?
Speaker 1: And second, what's the right amount? What's the fair amount? What would be too much to pay? You're on the Dan Capla Show.
Speaker 2: And now back to the Dan Taplas Show podcast. I don't think he can cover Peter Paul and Mary He wrote the song him. Yeah, yeah, they covered Bob Dylan. This is a John Denver original.
Speaker 1: Before Peter Paul and Mary. Yeah, aren't they a lot older than him? Or I don't know about Yeah, I think they were older. But he is one of America's great songwriters.
Speaker 2: John Denver.
Speaker 1: I want I know you know everything musical, but I want to look that up because my memory was Peter, Paul and Mary were the mid of the errors before John Denver.
Speaker 2: Oh no, he wrote the.
Speaker 3: Song da He's the man, and that song works on two levels. One John Denver, who took the name of this city that was not his original name. He loved the rocky mountains, he loved Colorado, So statue of him that works, and leaving on a jet plane like President Trump would like to offer to the illegals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, very very wise bump there. Yeah, if you just joined us.
Speaker 1: President Trump's going to be offering cash, hasn't said how much yet, and a plane ticket to folks here illegally. And what do you think it would take to get folks to leave? What do you think he will offer? How much is too much?
Speaker 5: Boy?
Speaker 1: We're getting some tremendous, tremendous text already on what's going to be a topic tomorrow. What should re replace that hideous old meth a Dia with.
Speaker 2: Dan, don't take this wrong way.
Speaker 1: But I think if you every time I drive past the nus on I twenty five, okay, I will take that.
Speaker 2: The wrong way.
Speaker 1: Dan. A small herd of giant cattle grazing four five six cows and big like two to three building stories each cow.
Speaker 2: That is so cool, isn't that? See?
Speaker 1: That sort of thing Old Math is the opposite of who we are as a people right now. It's who the left wants us to be, all stoned out, dependent on government, ugly, that kind of stuff. But that's not who we are as a people. And so something like that, that is a beautiful suggestion. And the key would be in the magnitude, right, the magnitude.
Speaker 2: The size of these glorious beasts.
Speaker 3: Another thing about the Old Math, your buddy, I was talking to Kelly about this. Didn't it at one time, at least when it originated, it had red laser.
Speaker 2: Beams shooting out of it.
Speaker 3: It still does, but they had to turn that off because of the planes, right, or turn it down maybe I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, they turned it, well, I know it still has the glowing orangeize. Yeah, I would not just be kelly on it. But I love this idea of the big oversize. You get some steers, you get some bulls. Oh yeah yeah, because like Greg, now, if you came into our conf ins room on twenty one, we have this, I gotta get you over there. We have this big, magnificent piece of art of a long horn steer and then just stars shining over the long horn steer. It's called in the Stars. It's just beautiful. But yeah, that kind of art out there would be fantastic. Dan, since the airport is out in kan't scupe some oversized corn rows. O. Listen now, this next one, this is a good one, Dan, keep it simple. A cowboy on horseback, you know, but what if you had I would change that a little bit. Love the concept again, it's got to be oversized, it's got to be beautiful. I would have a cowboy on the back of a bucking Bronco, you know, because then you're tying into the mile High icon. It's the spirit of the people of Colorado, at least the right spirit right across party lines and everything else, which is rugged, outdoor, courageous, you know, the Bucking Bronco, you know, representing the energy of our wildlife and yeah, right, something like that instead of this truly drugged out it's either Satan's steed or it's old meth right. It's the opposite of who we are. Not original, not original. But that's how these names percolated up from the people. Is it looks like Satan's horse to me, it looks like a strung out horse on meth that hasn't eaten in four months. But one way or the other, it does not represent us. Dan replaced the statue at Dia with a majestic bull elk with a bunch of wolves hanging off its side trying to drag it down. That would be a fitting tribute to what's happening in the state, said thought. But it is so sad. It's so sad what paulus in the left have done to animals, have done to the livestock, to the farmers and ranchers, but have also done to the wolves, you know, setting the wolves up for doom in the end, Dan so said to hear Wink Martindale passed away today.
Speaker 2: Was he a guest host on the show A game show host?
Speaker 3: Okay In the seventies and eighties, recalled what did he do tic Tac dough? That was one of the ones that he did. Trying to remember, but yeah, he was mid eighties, I think.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, yeah I missed that one. What was your favorite game show?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 3: I love the Jokers Wild When I was a kid, Jack Barry was the host of that one.
Speaker 2: That was a good one.
Speaker 1: Sale of the Century, Let's make a Deal? And what was the one with the briefcases? Because that got good for a while. We would sit around and there'd be a few bever.
Speaker 2: That deal or no, that's fairly recent. Yeah, got good for a while. That got good for a while.
Speaker 3: Who wants to be a Millionaire? There was another one around that time. I think that got popular.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, what's the one where you'd call for a lifeline? Who wants to be a millionaire? Who wants to be?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That was Regis Philbin. Who would you have called? Uh you on anything related? I guess it's for sure a special.
Speaker 3: Anything heavy metal? That'd be Kelly over here. Yeah, yeah, I've have several lifelines planned out. Yeah, I was one for one of.
Speaker 2: Our FM hosts and Grand Rapids missions. Well, you would make total sense. I was like the trivia bowl teammate. So we've but we will.
Speaker 1: By the way, we'll get back on this sculpture topic tomorrow because you talk about practical things that could really benefit the whole state. That's just something that would be real nice and in its own small way, make everyday life better and just right or wrong. Because again it comes back to when we've been talking about. We opened with Michael Bennett and his historically elitist, arrogant and titled play that he's going to stay in the center, then he's going to point a success or, even the Denver Post hammering him for that, but creating this opening for Republicans.
Speaker 2: So that got us off on.
Speaker 1: The arrogance and elitism of the left, and you also see it play out in public art, and so that's what got us to old math out at DiiA, which has really been a blight on this state since the day it went up would which was soon after it had killed unfortunately its sculptors. So we'll get back on all that and much more tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Maybe by tomorrow the President will have told us how much he's gonna offer. He's gonna be offering cash.
Speaker 1: To people to self to port along with a plane ticket. Please do join us tomorrow. Enjoy this glorious weather. It's gonna turn a bit on Friday, but that's part of the beauty of spring, right and then it'll pop right back off. Should be a sunny Easter Sunday, Ryan, thank you for your great work. As always, Kelly, our human sunshine, join us tomorrow please on the Dan Kapla Show.