Speaker 1: Right quick.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Playoff Baseball is back and with it an annual postseason tradition.
Speaker 1: Scam is back.
Speaker 3: Baby.
Speaker 2: This is Saxon Kates in the A app Go with Proway. Dodger legend Steve Sacks is joined by your favorite Dodger pregame host, Tim Kates. If you want to talk Dodgers, get in on the show on eighty six six nine eighty seven two five seven now. While the Dan Patrick Show streams on the Ihearts Radio app.
Speaker 4: We've been banished to the Internet until this Dodgers playoff run concludes. Here they are broadcasting live on AM five to seven e LA Sports. It's Tim Kates and Steve Sacks.
Speaker 1: One win to go. That's it, one more win to go for your Los Angeles Dodgers. It's Sax and Kate's in the am here on A five seven the LA Sports. Thanks for being with us on this Tuesday morning, October twenty ninth, twenty twenty four, as your Los Angeles Dodgers with a commanding three nothing lead in this best of seven World Series. I am Tim Kates, joined by two times World Series Champion Rookie of the Year fresh off in appearance at Yamava. He is the Steven Sacks saxy. Good morning, Good morning, Tim.
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 1: I am fantastic, I'm feeling good. There's no way the Dodgers don't win this World Series. Ain't commanding three nothing lead over the Yankees. Yeah, I mean that's great. I mean we're all thinking that, right. Hey, kudos to Wan for getting me here on time today. Wan's a great driver. Yeah, Wan from Yamava. He was on arriving, he was, he was on all over it.
Speaker 3: He was great. Yeah, Tim, three to zero, it's a wonderful place to be. Imagine where we were not too long ago, when you weren't sleeping well, and you know, you were really sweating this thing. We got to get past the Padres. We did that, and then so on and so forth. So yeah, you know, I think you were sweating it with the Mets too.
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 3: You kind of sweated it out there with the Mets.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 1: I mean, I feel like now the Dodgers, really, the Padres and Mets were tougher challenges than New York Yankees so far from three games of this SERI trash talking a little bit. Yeah, I'll go ahead and throw it out there you're going. I mean, officially, the Dodgers' bullpen was their strength. The Dodgers offense was their strength going to this World Series, and all we heard from the Bronx was how great their starting pitching has been. Once Aaron Judge gets back to join the John Carlos Stanton, this offense was gonna get going and it was going to be a fierce battle in New York versus Los Angeles. It's been anything but that. Outside Garrett Cole in Game one pitching really well, yeah what he got. The Yankees have done nothing on the mound. They're starting pitching has been absolutely outpitched by the Dodgers. The bullpen for the Dodgers has been tremendously better than the Yankees bullpen. And Aaron Judge has still not shown up in this world. There's an mia. Has anybody seen Aaron Judge. It's hard to miss. I mean, there's milk cartons across America, his name on there in face exactly. Wow, that's he has disappeared in October. Yeah, he's well, he's he's trying hard. And look look there's there's everybody in the world telling Aaron Judge what he's doing wrong. So I'm not gonna come on here and say, oh, I got to figure it out. I know what he's doing.
Speaker 3: I can't do that because I don't want to be that person, you know, like oh when I played yeah right, nobody nobody cares. All right, been there and done that. That move on. Somebody's wearing your number now, just kind of going. So I never got into that, but I can tell you what he's doing.
Speaker 1: What is he doing though?
Speaker 3: No, oh no, he's he's hearing it from everybody. But but he's.
Speaker 1: Hearing it from the fans and the talk show host in New York. Boy, what's what's some of the the stuff that you're getting from that? They they yesterday had a whole thing about when he comes up for his first at Battie Incing Stadium. They were gonna all rise for Aaron Judge and give him a standing ovation to kind of motivate him to get him going here in the World Series. And it didn't work in his first at bat. Okay, and ever since that first at bat there was just a deflation inside Yankee Stadium. They fell behind early to nothing. Aaron Judge has been absolutely non existent in this world series and Yankee fans pointing the finger at him. Where has he been if he shows up? This is a different series. It's all Aaron Judges fault.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's not. Well, first of all, it's not all Aaron Judges fault. I mean the Dodger pitches are You're exactly right. They're doing some shoving right And the big question mark coming into this series is what's the starting pitching going to be like for the Dodgers. I mean, they can't match up, not as good as the Yankee of course not. But look what's happened. It's been a strong point for the Dodgers and Walker Buehler in particular last night was just absolutely nails. Tim. How much has that? Is that a Navidia stock right now that we're looking at. I mean, that thing is just going to the rocket. This is going to the moon, right it is? You know, I tell you what. There's gonna be some teams out there that think they can get the speaking about rocket the rocket deal on. You know, Buehler because he's healthy, he's obviously got his schwag back, and he's doing it in big time in postseason. There's some teams out there thinking Hey, I got some shekels laying around here. Why not throw it at Walker Bueller and let him get us over the top. He's proved he can do it when it's crunch time.
Speaker 1: He was fantastic last night, five shutout innings. We have a full show today between now and nine am. Plenty of time for your phone calls. Dodgers fans eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy. You know the number eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy. David Vets say, we'll join us on our last hour coming up later on this hour, we'll hear from Shoeo Tani. Next hour we'll hear from Dave Roberts and Freddie Freeman. Also next hour, Juan Soto is a free agents and the Dodgers have been thrown out there as a possible destination. He could end up in the free agent market. We'll get into that. We'll look ahead to Game four tonight as the Dodgers will have a bullpen game and apostle close out scenario for the Dodgers up three games to nothing. So we got a lot to get to this morning, including your phone calls. Eight sixty six, nine eighty seven, two, five, seventy. Are you ready to celebrate? Here in southern California? Is the city of Los Angeles ready for their eighth World Series title with the Los Angeles Dodgers, the first since twenty twenty and the first chance to have a parade since nineteen eighty eight. Saxy, Remember that parade? How was that parade for you? Guys?
Speaker 3: That magical? Absolutely magical. The only thing about it is everybody was sick on the team. What Yeah, everybody got sick. You know, when you let your defenses down after that whole year and then the playoffs beating the Mets, and then you go into the World Series. You know, everybody's got all their defenses up. Naturally, it's so a lot of stress going on. So what happens is you let your defenses down, a couple guys get sick. Pretty soon the whole team's sick. Everybody on the parade was sick. But it was worth it, of course.
Speaker 1: Do you remember that day? The parade, the podium celebration and getting up there and hearing everybody speak, He is it pretty pretty clear? Your mind?
Speaker 3: That day was very clear. Mike Davis and I were, you know, being stupid fools of ourselves up there just saying everything, having a good time. But they'll tell you what, it's just such a great thing. You know, your family's there, and you know, my kids were small and so they were they were enjoying the parade and it was it was just amazing and there's nothing like it. There's just nothing like being in a parade. Just think about it. I mean, if you're just like a boxer, you only celebrate it with yourself, if you're a swimmer, you know, something like that. But when you're on a team sport like this, you get to celebrate it with all of your teammates. It's there's nothing like being on a team. I just think it's the greatest thing ever and that's what you get to do.
Speaker 1: Well. The Dodgers are one win away from celebrating a World Series championship. Tonight could be that closeout game game for a bullpen game for the Dodgers. We'll have first pitch coming up at five oh eight. Well Morongo, Causino Dodgers on deck. Get it all started with our coverage at four o'clock this afternoon. Walker Buller last night five shutout innings. He allowed two hits, and those hits didn't come until the fourth inning, struck out five.
Speaker 3: Along the way.
Speaker 1: In three World Series starts now all game threes twenty eighteen against the Red Sox, twenty twenty against the Tampa Bay Rays, and last night against the New York Yankees, he has allowed one earn run in eighteen combined innings. That is a sub one Erra. Last night, Saxy Walker Buehler was a complete pitcher twenty twenty, twenty eighteen, Walker Buehler was a chucker. Walker Buehler was a guy who can pump ninety eight to one hundred, and then his off speed stuff just had you on roller skates inside the box last night though, and he even admitted it. Fastball, the four seam ninety six to ninety seven. Nice, but when you mix in the sweeper, the cutter, and that nasty over the top curveball that he had. He was fantastic last night, working all quadrants of the play. Absolutely fantastic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you nailed it, Tim, next subject, No, No, he did. He nailed everything. What you said, changing the the the level of the the eye for the hitter with that big, bust in curveball he's pitching in and out, Like you said, all four quadrants. You got to do that to keep the hitter honest and Walker Bueller, his gout is in that phase right now. He's in that zone where we saw the best of people like I'll say the names like Clayton Kershaw and we saw Max Scherzer, the guys that have overpowering stuff and can go get another level when they needed it. A couple it with the secondary stuff, the bulldog mentality and the the ability to locate the fastball that is that is the biggest thing in his arsenal. Locating the fastball sets everything else up.
Speaker 1: And he had that fastball last night, or he was hitting his spots and he didn't have command of his off speed pitches because he wasn't getting the swing and missus. He wasn't getting the chases from the Yankee players. They were more disciplined last night in Game three than the first two games of this series. And they've had a chance to see him absolutely and so there isn't an opportunity for him to get a lot of you know, chases outside the zone. So he was nibbling a little bit with his osby pitches and they weren't chasing those, and so he was falling behind one oh, two to one, three to one, three to two in the game, there was a lot of pitches that were going deep.
Speaker 3: That's not good. But see that's how good Walker is, even though he gets it behind some hitters. Strike one is so important. Check out the splits. When you have a strike one versus a one to OHO for the hitter, it's just a it's a chasm between the two. It's just gigantic. But when he started to get some momentum more in the third inning, fourth inning, he started getting ahead of hitters. When he does that, you're not going to hit hit him. He's just got too good of stuff.
Speaker 1: He was fantastic for the first two inning's not giving up a hit, didn't give up a hit in the third and the fourth thing, and the Yankee starting to mount a little bit of a rally. Gen Carlo Stanton with the leadoff double, a great catch by Mookie Betts on a low liner to right field to prevent an RBI single, and then with two louds you had Anthony Volpi hit a base hit to the left, Oscar Hernanda his guns down, gian Carlos Stanton, who saxy I'm convinced I probably could have beat him home running from second to home. What is he doing? Where is the hustle on his team?
Speaker 3: I mean we saw it with a with Soto in right field, jogging gallivant and to a pop up and off in foul territory where he said is will get it. He gets them all. Anyway, as an outfielder, you gotta be busting your backside, and you got to be in commander that the balls in front of you. One thing right there and then and then the the non hustle was standing. When he came around third, I thought he's got something on his mind. He was in slow motion. I don't get it.
Speaker 1: He felt like he was going half speed, like he was just going to trot around like a ball in the gap watching a great throw from Oscar.
Speaker 3: Now throw, I mean one of that was just the defense for the Dodgers. How about the stops that Tommy Edmonds mid making a shortstop to prevent the run. You talked about the play Mookie Bets made in right field. Couple of them he's made now like that. The defense has been absolutely phenomenal for the Dodgers. And that fourth inning and the catch you mentioned Mookie Betts was great. It saved a base hit and gen Carlos Stanton scoring, and then tay Oscar Hernandez absolutely thrown.
Speaker 1: A dart ninety three miles per hour. Was that throw anywhere else he was safe?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Anywhere else? I mean six inches either way, he's safe. But I want to give a shout out to right now to how about the play at third base again by Munsie making those plays of coming in the high chopper, to do or die in the sweep with the glove and to throw in the same motion of first base a dart over to Freddie Freeman not an easy play, and munths he's making it with ease.
Speaker 1: I love that you bringing that up because it just goes as another whole hum play in the box score. And for fans they're like, oh, that's just a don't take it for granted now, they're just supposed to make.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what. Munsey is underrated on defense. I mean, he's not the fastest guy in the world. His feet aren't the quickest. It's the one step at third base is the most important thing. But Monsey gets it done, and he's got a very accurate arm.
Speaker 1: Dodgers defense picking up Walker Buller in their fourth inning last night, he went five shut out against the Yankees to get to win five punch outs over five innings seventy six pitches. Let's hear from Walker Buller post game last night after his great performance.
Speaker 6: Walker, you talked about late in the season that you didn't know at the time if you had the stuff to get guys out. Seeing what you've been able to do over the last two starts, what do you feel like you've been able to find?
Speaker 1: You know, I think.
Speaker 7: As kind of brutal as this to say, like it takes that adrenaline and that stuff to kind of really get me going kind of mentally. And you know, I don't know if I I wish I would have felt that all year. I could tell you I'm so excited to pitch every single game I've ever gone out there. But there is something different in the playoffs, and I think at least long term for me, like to get through this playoffs at least in the way that I have, like because it's really encouraging for me personally just because I know it's in there and I just kind of got to unlock it a litle little bit, But that that feeling of there's an organization relying on me today to win a playoff game, I think is kind of the weight that I like feeling and and kind of gets me in a certain place mentally. That that it's kind of hard to replicate.
Speaker 3: Stay in the fourth run your left.
Speaker 7: Walker, what's the feeling being one game away from a World Series Championship. I'm excited to watch our guys go tomorrow and and see what happened.
Speaker 8: So tremendous movie.
Speaker 7: You know, I'll be ready if there's a game seven, but my hope is that I don't have to throw anymore.
Speaker 1: Walker, you had some pretty good outfield defense behind you tonight.
Speaker 7: What did you see on first on the on the Mookie play and then on on the Taoskar play in that fourth inning? Yeah, you know, the Mookie Mookie play was interesting. He kind of obviously the ball is spinning a little weird and and kind of set back for a second and made the play. He's won a few goal gloves out there, so that that's something we kind of expect for him, and and you know, Tayo through through stanting out at home and I've gotten the dugout and I said, they don't know about you in New York. You know, you think they would remember what he did when we played here in the regular season.
Speaker 1: And you know, pretty.
Speaker 7: Cool for him to show off, you know, the other side of the ball and kind of put a perfect throw and will put the tag on. So, yeah, that was a big momentum play. I think obviously the first couple of innings, I was kind of going going pretty smooth, and for them to get a little momentum and I shut it down that way, it was was pretty cool.
Speaker 1: There is Walker Bueler last night after his five shutout innings, and the first thing he said sexy. He loves October. The adrenaline. He gets up for it a little bit more than the regular season. And that's why you see his game elevate to the level that he's at right now. And this is why I think whoever he signs in the in the post and in the free agency in this next offseason, hopefully here he signs with the Dodgers. Yeah, uh, this is a guy that you know, hey, over the course of one sixty two, he's gonna be there for you when healthy. But come October, if you're a playoff contender. Man, you've got a horse, now, yeah, you've got a horse. Frock to him.
Speaker 3: You know what, I'll tell you what with everything that's happened to him, But first of all, I hope he signs here with the Dodgers. There's so much left in there and he said that in his postgame in thirty Yeah, there's a lot left in there. I mean, not a lot of wear on that rebuilt arm as well. He's got a new lease on that. And I just think that that with his attitude where he is, the way that he's matured into this spot right now where he can do a combination of great stuff and pitchability and all that he's been through. He's had to go through a lot of things that he had to be fixed in his life, and he's done that. This guy's primed right now to have the best five years of his career. And you know what, I hope the Dodgers signed him because I think he's going to be a gift for the team.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers have dominated the New York Yankees through the first three games of this World Series, outscoring them, out hustling them, out playing them on defense, and out pitching them. The Dodgers starting pitchers three games so far combined sixteen and two third innings, a one point six to two er, compared to the Yankees starting pitching twelve innings combined and an eer of six saxy. This thing is O V E R over.
Speaker 3: I know you want to say that, you have said it, you just did. It's not over, buddy, I mean it's not. Listen, you don't want to get into the crushing situation where you're looking at Game seven. Okay, you got to end this thing right now. The way the Dodgers are played, you just spelled it out. They're out hustling them. They want it more. You can tell look at the body language between the two teams. It's no comparison as far as that goes. I get all that stuff, but it's not over. You know how it is in baseball, it's very fickle. Things can turn turn, you know, crazy things can happen. The Dodgers obviously know this. Dave Roberts knows it better than anybody they but I'll tell you one thing. They do have their foot on the back of their neck, and you got to just crush them right now. Do not let these guys up.
Speaker 1: Do not let them up. He is Sacks. I'm Tim Kate. Thanks for being with us on this Tuesday morning as you're waking up. Yeah, a little smile on your face Southern California, as the Dodgers are one win away from their eighth World Series championship. How you feeling? Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy Walker Bueller, brilliant Dodgers defense.
Speaker 3: Awesome?
Speaker 1: Freddie Freeman, what else can you say about what he has done so far this this postseason? Yet another home run from the Dodgers first Baseman show. Hey, Otani hasn't done much in this World Series, and the Dodgers still have a commanding three to zero series lead. Your phone calls coming up. We'll hear from Otawni, We'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts, We'll hear from Freddie Freeman. David Vas joins us in the final hour and you eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy. It's Sax and Kates to the AM on your Home of the Dodgers, a FI seventy light Sports. Sax and Katson Am on this Tuesday morning. Your Dodgers up three games to nothing. In the World Series after a four to two win over the Yankees last night. You knew the Yankees were doomed when Fat Joe walked around the infield singing his hits from twenty thirty years ago and had a music track behind them that he couldn't even stay on the same rhythm with as he was singing and rapping out there. It was quite a performance, I guess from Fat Joe. Nothing like what Ice Cube did out of Dodgers Stadium before Game two on Saturday night. That was tremendous. That was a performance, But Fat Joe did last night on the field of the Yankee Stadium. I'm still trying to figure out what that was exactly. But the Dodgers then went out and scored two in the top of the first thanks to Freddie Freeman in a two run home run on a one to two pitch, with Shoe a Otani on bass, Mookie Betts a home RBI single in the third. The Dodgers saxy had chances to tack on more runs, left the bases loaded, had a safety squeeze that didn't turn out their way. They had runners of scoring position. Then in the fourth inning, they could have really put this game out of reach, but yet they kept the Yankees kind of hanging around there with that three to nothing lead late until.
Speaker 3: Late in the game. Yeah, So, what's the chances of you buying a first class expensive ticket on a plane to go into New York to get a front seat at a Fat Joe concert? Really?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 1: I mean, i'd say you've been paying me to do it, but you probably could pay me to do it. But you had to pay me a lot because I didn't even know who Fat Joe was yesterday afternoon.
Speaker 3: It had to drop five grand in that whole whole adventure to do that. Would you do that? No? No, no, no, Fat Joe.
Speaker 1: I might as well take the five thousand, dig a hole, bury you and then never know where it was at for the rest of my life.
Speaker 3: Wow, you might as well just throw it away. Yeah that's tough.
Speaker 1: Okay, So no Fat Joe, no ice Cube, Yes, no, Fat Joe. Absolutely, I got you, all right? So anyway, yeah Yankees.
Speaker 3: Uh, look, I'm looking up this thing right now on the Internet and they're they're dissecting and telling the world what is wrong with Aaron Judge?
Speaker 1: They got they know the answer. They got grafts.
Speaker 3: They got pictures, they've got silhouettes of him swinging and why he's doing this, and they showed this to Aaron Judge. They got everything, Aaron, this is this is what you're doing. Here you go erin right here. Check this out played appearance number two, fly out to left. The takeaway, I mean, they got it broken down like it's it's you know what I'll tell you, it's it's amazing. It's great the transfer of information that we have today, right, but but it gets a little bit too much, uh, trying to fill space and whatnot by doing this things like this.
Speaker 1: I mean it's obvious, right he's chasing. Yes, that's it. Okay, tighten up the zone and he becomes the beast again. I mean I could do that in like one sentence. His first at bat against Walker Bueller in the bottom half of the first inning, after a Torres walk Sodo lined out to the left, Judge comes up and the first pitch from Walker Bueller to Aaron Judge and the stand are up. They're cheering on, they're chanting, Aaron Judge are trying to get him going.
Speaker 3: You're doing all did they do all rise?
Speaker 1: Yeah? They did all rise, just trying to get Aaron Judge going. The first pitch for Walker Bueller was a ninety five mile an hour fastball, four seamer right down Broadway, and.
Speaker 3: He swung and missed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then the next pitch he didn't get a chase. The third pitch, he didn't get a chase. The fourth pitch, another fastball and he fouls it off. Then a ball three are on a knuckle curve right there. Walker Bueller only had his fastball that at bat, All three offspeed pitches out of the zone. The two fastballs he threw strikes three to two. Pitch he throws the cutter again, catches the corner, and Judge swings and misses. Just sort of sums up Aaron Judge so far in the postseason. Well, you know your answer was at the beginning of the sequence. Okay, fastball he fouled off. You can't miss that. You can't miss the fastball right down the slot. Okay, you just can't miss it. That's the whole thing, you know, get your good pitch to hit, don't miss it, because look, chances are, in a major league at bat, you're gonna get one good pitch to hit. If you're lucky, you'll get too, but that usually doesn't happen. These guys can hit that thing eight out of ten pretty much right where they want it. You're gonna get one pitch to hit, don't miss it. And he's missing the pitch. I mean, does it seem bad?
Speaker 3: Does it seem to you like he's I mean, you know again, he looks like he's swinging straight up. I mean the whole philosophy angle. Oh God, like he needs a launch angle. Right, he can almost reach over the fence from home plate, but yeah, the whole launch angle thing. Look, Aaron Judge makes mistakes and hits the ball and still can square it up enough to hit it out to right field.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: He's a purposeful hitter. He understands letting the ball travel. It just seems to me he's I see the side view of him. He is swinging out of like a forty five degree angle up. Yeah, well, he didn't need to swing up. I mean, I mean, but I see, I see this happening, and it's it's getting more. It's being exacerbated by what the general trend would be. I see these guys in triple A doing this. There's guy at second, there's a guy at second with nobody out and they got the shift on. You're notn't even thinking about hitting the ground ball to the right side. These guys are. They're supposed to do though, but they don't even think about it. The defense knows that there's a hundred feet between the guy playing in back a second base, the second basement and the first baseman. There's one hundred feet between them. You could just almost roll it over there. What's the difference. It's a you know, it's a base hit and a run scored. That they won't do it. We gotta launch. It's that's where we are though, tim today, and you see Aaron Judge, you know, just trying to launch everything.
Speaker 1: God, he's a great hitter. When he goes to the opposite field. You had a great analogy saying he was a sleeping bear. You don't want to wake.
Speaker 3: Up, just let him do what he's doing.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, this is what I this is what I envision right now is Aaron Judge is a sleeping bear hybrid dating right now. And the Yankee fans were like the guys standing around him yelling at the bear, wake up, come on, get up, get up, bear, Get up. Cool that they're trying to get behind to do that, but Aaron Judge just keeps sleeping. He's hybridating. Still. The Dodgers are just tiptoeing around this bear with a bunch of meat in their hands, saying, come on, bear, come on, bear, tempting him, and he still won't wake up. They'll thing you don't want to do, though, is kick the bear. Yeah, and brought the bear because that bear is gonna wake up.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh, you know, like they say in baseball for a long time, somebody is gonna pay, And believe me, somebody is gonna pay for this, and Aaron Judge is gonna make him pay, like you can't believe. But let it be in spring training next year. Don't let it be now. You don't want to wake that dude up.
Speaker 1: That's the same thing Rick Monday said last He's right, he said say that. He said the exact same thing as I was driving home from the pregame show. He goes, he's gonna wake up, he's gonna get going. Aron Judge's gonna get going. You just want to be in spring training? Hey, that's right, did you say that?
Speaker 3: Okay, exact same you know what, Look, the dude hit fifty eight jacks, okay, and he hits them like you can't believe, and he's he you know, he was a great hit or too. How rare is it to see a guy that's a prolific home run hitter that has a great batting. U see, they don't go hand in hand. Rarely when you find that great gem that does you know he is? You know, he's celebrated. But lots of times you see the guys thirty home runs, two h six, Oh, but he walks a lot. Yeah, okay, you know what, give me the guy that can barrel it up with a good average and if he got some power on there, hey, that's a fantastic hitter. And Eron Judge is that guy.
Speaker 1: He had a stretching where he was getting home run after home run, and he was already at fifty home runs and we're thinking, man, how many home runs this guy gonna hit? In September, he cooled off and went one through one of these stretches in which he couldn't hit a home run. But all it took was that it was an opposite way home run. In mid September, I want to say it was, and it sparked him again. Yeah, that's what the Dodgers cannot do tonight in Game four. That's why it's so important to step on their throat.
Speaker 3: You know what I would do if I was him. It's not he don't care what I say, but I would just eliminate half of the field. I would say, from second base, uh, to the to the leftfield line, I am not even gonna look at there. I'm gonna I'm gonna look right up the middle and to the right field side because that's where his strong point is. When anyway, and if he's a little bit early on it, he'll still hit that thing out to left right. So I would. I would eliminate half the field. That's just personally what I would do. When I've had times that's pulling off the ball, I would just say, in practice, that's what Freddy Freeman does. Freddie Freeman never hits the ball out of the ballpark in batting practice. He hits line drives through the shortstop. That's why he's such a great professional hitter because he's got it figured out. He knows what he has to do. I would, you know, I don't want to see judge do that now, but he can do it in spring training. But that's what I would do.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Terry in Orange County start things off on this Tuesday morning as the Dodgers are twenty seven ounce away from a World Series championship.
Speaker 9: Hi, Terry, good morning guys.
Speaker 1: How you doing, terryantastic?
Speaker 4: Great?
Speaker 8: Hey listen, you know I'm actually a Paudrey fan and I'm happy for the Dodgers. You know, I live forty minutes from Dodgers Stadium, and it's you know, it's a great experience. But you know the way people act after the parade or before the parade, you know, it's really gotten bad. And you know, mister Sachs, you were in the parade and you had to got to enjoy it. Let's not tear down La when the Dodgers win the World Series. Let's act like we have some class. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I think they will, Terry. I think Dodger fans I've got a pretty good head on their shoulders. And it's not going to be a complete s show out there as they say, yeah, we don't want parade with civility. Yes, of course, who said it's going to be an out of control party. I mean, yeah, people like to celebrate and have a good time. Light out some fireworks. There's nothing wrong with that. It's illegal in La County, but nothing wrong with that. But for a parade, it's gonna be awesome. And this is a city that's had parades in the last couple of years. Just need to remind you the La Rams had a parade in downtown La just a couple of years ago after winning a Super Bowl for the Dodgers, though, and Dave Roberts, Mookie Betts, Austin Barnes has said it. Clayton Kershaw has been very unspoken about. Max Munsey even has talked about it. They didn't get a parade in twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: They won a World Series and everybody went their separate ways. Everybody couldn't get together because of COVID. The city couldn't celebrate, even though they were fireworks popping off in the city, but the city couldn't celebrate together. This will be the first chance for them to do that. Anythink people are fired.
Speaker 3: Up about that? Yes, I think so too, And yeah, Terry's right, we wanted to have civility in the city and there will be. But yeah, nothing wrong with celebrating that thing to the hill. And even when you go through the steps of getting to the World Series, you know, the you know, the LCSA and the NLDS. You gotta celebrate those times after the game, you know. But civility has got to rain, for sure.
Speaker 1: Tony and Santa Clarina is next up here on Saxon Kates in the Am Dodgers one went away, Tony.
Speaker 10: Hey, the defense totally saved Bueller, but not the offense. And mister Sachs. This has a big similarity to nineteen eighty one. In nineteen eighty one, Reggie Jackson, Chris Chambliss and Dave Winfield were supposed to pound the Dodgers, just like Stanton Soto and Judge. And Judge is a total Dave Winfield total like Dave Wilfield in nineteen eighty one, total choker if you remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's getting a lot of references to Dave Winfield. Aaron, I appreciate it, Tony, thanks riting the phone call. The defense we mentioned it. You know, Walker Buehler was really good the first three and he's did not give up a hit. The fourth inning comes around and he gives up a one out double to Jean Carlos. Stanton Chishom comes up. Chisham hits a liner to right field and in comes Mookie Betts diving head first, backhanded catch, which saxy you can talk about. It's a difficult play to make with the ball the way it's sinking in the spin on.
Speaker 3: It could could have been a knuckleball. Oh yeah, And.
Speaker 1: It could have been bad. It could have been an RBI single. And what is a three nine in lead all of a sudden to three to one game, and maybe you've woken up the New York Yankees offense. Instead, it's out number two. Volty comes up, hits a single to left and jarn carl Stanton stuck in neutral running around from second to home and they gun him ountain home crisis averted, no runs across and great defense from the Dodger.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, And and it all came together with the the help from Stanton. Now, look, I I don't, I haven't. I gotta tell you so, I haven't seen Stanton in a real race. I haven't seen him lots of times he's jogging around the bases slope, Man, where is I didn't see the the grimacene on the face of the effort to get in a kind of giddy up.
Speaker 1: Where's the giddy up there? But but kudos to ta Oscar to threw a missile down there on one hop and after the ball hit the ground, it kind of leaned in, you know, to Stanton as he was sliding and he I mean, it couldn't have been a more perfect throw that that Tae Oscar made right there. So the Dodger defense has been absolutely epic. And Mookie Bets, I mean, the guy, how.
Speaker 3: Tough is that catch out there?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 3: It's tough die. That's what I'm referred to that that ball is doing dances that's on his way there. It probably went two or three different directions, you know, that's what it does. And when you square it up like that, she doesn't hit that ball pretty darn hard. But that's what Mookie does. That's why he can go and play shortstop per second, it doesn't matter. He's that kind of athlete.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm loving about this World series. Certainly, the three to zero lead is fantastic, but the way in which they've gotten to this three to zero series lead, we all thought it was gonna be O Tawny, Betts and Freeman maybe carrying the way and the rest of the lineup with carry and Hunt. It's been starting pitching. It's been the bullpen, which.
Speaker 3: We've known about.
Speaker 1: And the defense. Yes, I mean there hasn't been a play on defense that has opened the door for the Yankees right and has shut it every single time.
Speaker 3: Ime, he just flat out shut it. Every everybody is has done it, you know. You know, I just see the two teams and the Dodgers to me and I'm just you know, I've played for both teams, so I have I have no you know, dog in this hunt. But the Dodgers and my friends, my sources back tell me the same thing. The Dodgers are a better team all the way around. Pitching, bullpen, defense, power in the middle of the order, the supporting cast at the bottom of the order. The Dodgers are just a better team now, whether they can close it out and beat these guys. The Yankees are in the World Series for a reason. Sure, they're a very good ball club, but man, the Dodgers just this is the This is the best Dodger team. This is the best Dodger team I've ever seen ever. Ever, the eighty eight team no overchieved a lot. It did, but not this kind of talent. I'm talking sheer talent. Now. Look, Dave robertson the team have taken that great talent and they've they've molded it into a specific, you know, mission for the whole club. And it's working. Okay, they're executing. It's not just a bunch of talent that's going off and doing its own thing. These guys are working together, and that's a beautiful thing. It is awesome.
Speaker 1: Mike and La you're next up here on your home of the Dodgers, a five seventy LA Sports nine away from an eighth World Series championship.
Speaker 3: Mike, how you doing.
Speaker 9: Pretty good? Thanks for taking my call. You know, the Dodgers being up three and zero. Everything's great in the universe. But at this time of year, I love to give credit where credit is due, and I want to give credit to the Dodger management. I want to give credit to the Dodger you know, scouting or drafting department, every department that puts that team together. Because when you have a team that doesn't even have to pressure someone like you know, Kershaw to come back or pressure, Oh, Tani, you might have to pitch, you know, you know all these things. And when I was watching the game last night, even when Alex Verdugo hit that home run, I said, yep, ex Dodger, you know all these things. And right now a lot of Yankee fans are throwing around that phrase, Oh you don't want to wake up a sleeping giant. Let me share something with all of them. The Dodgers have been awake the whole time, so I don't know what you're talking about. Very nice, very nice, min guy like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nice, nice kind of cap on it right there, like that, the Dodgers of the sleeping giants.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 1: I like that. Yeah, Mike, you hit it on the head. It starts from the top and all the way down from ownership and their ability to want to win and spend money. And in reality, that's what sports is all about, is winning. And when you got owners that backed that by showing the support and going out and getting the talent and making sure Dave Roberts and this coaching staff has the talent on the field over the course of a regular season and the postseason. It starts right there. The front office. Andrew Freeman, Brandon Gomes, the general manager, all the scouting department, the analytical department, recognizing talent, recognizing players of what they can and can't do. I'm gonna give you two examples, Brent Honeywell Junior and Anthony Bonda, two guys you never heard of four months ago. Never heard of these guys four months ago. Don't even know where Brent Honeywell Junior came from before he came to the Dodgers. Anthony Bonda was in Cleveland and an afterthought they didn't want him anymore. Comes to the Dodgers, and what Connor mcginns and Mark Pryor and the coaching staff are really good at. They come up to you and all right, Steve, you do this good, You do this good. You don't do this goat very well. So we're gonna eliminate that from your your repertoire. So we're gonna make it, make you a two pitch pitcher instead of a five pitch pitcher. And you're gonna use those two pitches and you're gonna dominate. And we're gonna move your finger on this to get the knuckle curve a little bit more, because we can get more spit on that, and you get more chase on that, and all of a sudden you start working on in a bullpen session and next thing, you know, Anthony Bonda, who you don't even know, is a vital part of your Dodgers' bullpen in October because they recognize talent. They can see what the guy does really well, and they utilize that and they emphasize that and they get the best out of every play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a beautiful thing. Great description too, too. Organization can do that. No, No, they don't. And they're great at it. They've been doing this for a long time. I mean they're they're great at it. They can pick up the talent and whatnot. But look, it's it's it's uh, it's now where the middle inf the middle middle relievers aren't just oh guys that you know, wipe it up and you know, finish this and whatever. They have specific causes, uh for which they're on. They're they're on the team, and they go out and they attack that one. They thwart the inning that could be a big bust out type of thing for the for the opposition, and they're able to uh move on to the next guy. The thing is you got to have that that every link in that chain has got to be good. You got one guy that kind of busts that out, you know, that could that could break everything down. So you got to make sure that everybody is on their game. And I like the idea about eliminating everything else. Do these two things right here, yep, and that's gonna put you in a situation you can get some guys out.
Speaker 1: It's something they do that I can't believe no other team does it or they can't do it to the degree that the Dodgers do it or recognize it. Might the Dodgers do it? Simple grip here. Hey, you know what, Your changeup worked really well two teams ago, but you got away from that because that team told you to throw this pitch more. We want you to go back to the change up because that's nasty and for whatever reason, hitters can't hit it, the right handers can't figure it out. Go back to that, and all of a sudden you got Ryan Brasier, who the Red Sox didn't want a year ago. Ryan Brazier's a stud.
Speaker 3: And the young guys, I'm excited to see what this do. They have something to work with with Enriquez. Yeah, I mean this guy can blow. I mean you can throw one hundred and three. Yeah, come on there, We're gonna work something with him.
Speaker 1: Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy. We got one line open. It's for you. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy. Saxon Kates in the am as we're getting Southern California ready for a Dodger World Series championship nine innings away the Dodgers from their eighth championship for the franchise. It's Saxon Kate's and am right here in your home with the Dodgers an five seventy light Sports Saxon Kate's am on this Tuesday morning. Oh, the Dodgers a three to zero lead over the New York Yankees in his best of seven World Series. Dodgers a four to two win last night behind Walker Bueller's five shutout innings and then the Dodgers' bullpen. You had six different relievers come in to get the last four innings for the Dodgers on their way to a four to two win. How about Freddie Freeman hitting another home running Now he's looking good.
Speaker 3: Good, I saw him running around the bases.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he he went from first to third on a base hit last night.
Speaker 3: He was cutting the base, that's what.
Speaker 1: And that one to two pitch that he crushed for a home running down the right field line last night in the first inning. To go up against the Yankees in their first game at home in this series, and to take the air out of Yankee Stadium, to take the fans out of that game last night, that's the start they needed. Yeah, Walker Buehler needed a little two O cushion to work with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Freddie looks like his foundation, his ankle is getting much better because her really turned on that pitch and just sucked the life right out of the New York crowd. Hey. So anyway, you know how we we like to, you know, scan things and see what's going on and what people are saying. And now there's a blueprint for a comeback. They got that figured out too.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, ys a blueprints.
Speaker 3: There's a blueprint for the comeback of the Yankees just out there on social media.
Speaker 1: Because say, the number one thing is on this blueprint.
Speaker 3: Well I'm down to number four right now, point number four, And I'll show you how outlandish. This is Yeah. Point number four is just uh, just pounce on the bullpen. Yeah, just pounce the bullpen.
Speaker 1: If if they could do that, wouldn't they've already done that?
Speaker 3: Well I think so. But they just gonna pounce on the bullpen. So that's that's that's point number four.
Speaker 1: Are you serious? Can you scroll to the top. What's number one? Aaron Judge needs to get gone.
Speaker 3: That's part of it. Yeah, I mean, god, I didn't I what a revelation. Didn't you know that?
Speaker 1: Tim Man, the starting pitching needs to go past the third inning. Bottom of the lineup needs to contribute more. I mean there's five, there's five points right there, jogging after ball's in fair territory. I mean, I I don't know right hard on the basis. I saw an article on Sports Illustrated this morning. I got to pull it up real quick, and the Dodgers have won three in a row, commanded this series, dominated this series, and the whole headline was this here.
Speaker 3: It is right here.
Speaker 1: Yankees potential Game three rally cut short by brutal strikeout call. The headline right here on latest news on s side. Yankees potential Game three rally cut short by brutal strikeout call on That was a strikeout called on Glabor Torres, which was a high fastball in the zone and the it was against h They.
Speaker 3: Called that pitch now they call it on everybody, and.
Speaker 1: They called it last night. They were saying it wasn't even a strike, not evenly. He'd not go around, but it should have been a ball, and that took them out of the inning. It was a call strike three and that ended the Yankees threat and all because that one pitch changed everything. That changed the whole trajectory of the game and the series. Was that one strikeout to Labor Torus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, well that's it, I guess, so, I mean, if you, I mean, I don't think so. I'm being facetious.
Speaker 1: Here's the media openly talking about how a brutal strikeout called cost the Yankees a rally. So you're saying, this is why they're down three to zero, this is why they lost four to two last night because of one bad strikeout call last night, inding and inning. How about the safety squeeze last night. I can make a case that the runner was safe. I can make a case that after the review, they still got the call wrong. And the Dodger should have been up fourd to enough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So in all their prescient mindset, what they're gonna do is tell you that one call changed everything, because I know they would have rallied and everything would have fell in. Exactly, there would have been no plays, no Dodger, you know, input they just would have been on a rally that would have been it. It's like they can they can pinpoint a rally going to happen. That's amazing.
Speaker 1: It's like in Scooby Doo the cartoon when the bad guy gets caught at the very end and he says, I would have gotten away with it. It was it wasn't for you darn kids. Exactly, that's what would have happened. They would have they would have come back if it wasn't for that darn strikeout.
Speaker 3: So Labor's don't really with the Yankees. Are are are figuring here is look, we're gonna we're gonna get the bullpen Hill, We're going to chance uh to knock this down a bit. And then we got Garrett Cole in Game five. I think that's what they're really trying to do here.
Speaker 1: But last night a Rod and Big Poppy suggested that they go to Garrett Cole on three days rest, No, and in a must win game four tonight, you go to him to try to get a win and get to a game five and you just go game to game. But you need Garrett Cole tonight. And the only person who had actually had a common sense last night on that that stage was Derek Jeeter, mister Yankee by the way, who's like, you may want that to happen, but that's not the smart thing to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't have garat Cole out there, probably, and it's going to be limited as far as how he can go. And no, I don't think so. I think I think I think the captain's right on that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Labor Tourists strikes out in the bottom of the seventh inning with runners on first and second, and because of that strike three call from Anthony Bonda to end the seventh inning, that was the reason why the Yankees lost Game three last night was squeaking one call here before we take a break from the top of the hour, and thank you for being patient, Trevor in Glendale. What's on? What's going on?
Speaker 5: Trevor, it's up, guys. First of all, you know, you hit the nail on the head. Walker Bueler is an absolute dog on the road. I think that's you know, that's been the key factor for us. But also, you know, we're lucky to have such a you know, team that is filled with utility players. I mean Edmund, key k you know, Moncy, you know Mookie. You know it's fun to watch and you know, to be able to see all these players playing, you know, different spots make and plays, you know, batting it batting in different spot in the lineups. It's it's it's it's really cool to see it. I think, you know, it's a it's a it's a new wave of baseball that the Yankees aren't really you know, ready for us. And you know it's like Garrett Cole pitches. I think he's gonna be on short rest, and I think, you know, ten ten ten hungry dogs beats a sleeping bear every time.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: And the dogs in the bullpen are hungry dogs. The Jackals, they are hungry dogs down there. And you get those guys as my buddy Tom just text me and pointed out, if you want to harp on Glabor Torres' strike, three call in the seventh inning. Let's go back to the third inning. Dodgers had the bases loaded three to one. Pitch to will Smith from Lighter, They got a call strike two on the outside part of the plate that wasn't even closed, and then will Smith grounds out the Indianian. They could have walked in a run. He could have been a four to nothing Dodgers lead after two and a half Indians. What it could have should have? You know what I do know? Dodgers won last night four to two victory for the good guys, and they've got a three to zero series lead in this best of seven World Series. One hour down, two to go.
Speaker 3: That was quick.
Speaker 1: It's Sax and Kate's and the aam thanks for being with us. Your phone calls coming up. We'll hear from the manager Dave Roberts. Will also hear from Freddie Freeman David Vassa in the eight o'clock hour. But how excited are you, la waking up to a Dodger's three to zero lead and a chance to get ready for a parade? Sign me up. Let's go Dodger fans eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy it's Saxon Kate's and am on an Fi seventy Alight Sports