Speaker 1: You're listening to camp.
Speaker 2: I am six forty the Bill Handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: App and now Handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 2: And good morning everybody. I started the morning already not muting first words out of my mouth.
Speaker 1: I didn't do it correctly.
Speaker 2: Now I want to tell you, as you know, I had foot surgery and right now I'm on pain medication and opiate. So I am higher than a kite. So this should be a lot of fun today. So let's start with a quick low to one and all Heather or you're here for the last day and Amy comes back. It's been a pleasure, mainly yours.
Speaker 4: That's true. I count less things every day.
Speaker 1: Uh oh, good for you. You're starting.
Speaker 2: You're starting to get sort of the way of the world here.
Speaker 1: Excellent, just in time to leave exactly all right?
Speaker 2: Fair Ugh, It's like I've always said about cancer cures.
Speaker 1: One week after you die of cancer.
Speaker 2: The magic bullet will be released and everybody is going to be great.
Speaker 1: All right, Codo, good morning.
Speaker 5: Good morning. What kind of an opiate to you on?
Speaker 1: Not not very strong.
Speaker 2: I had asked the doctor for a combination going to a compound pharmacy which you can and I wanted a I wanted sort of a combination of fentanyl, ketamine delauded as well as there was.
Speaker 1: One other one that I was going to have heroin. Was it heroin? No, because those are as illegal.
Speaker 2: Uh, oxy is way down the list as far as power is concerned. I did I think I said feddom But anyway, it doesn't matter that he wouldn't do it, so up, Sorry, HYDI cordon now I have Hydrocorone is norcole I think anyway, So I'm I'm let me say hello and then I'll give you a quick sort of run down what's going on.
Speaker 1: By the way, can you hear the printer going yes, okay, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Know it's loud, but it's uh it's my backup printer because my main printer is not working. I have to get my story so it'll stop.
Speaker 6: And then it's very meal press from the twelve hundreds.
Speaker 2: I know, it's a little tiny. It's a backup and it's a little tiny. You know what is an EPs and you know those really slow ones home printers where.
Speaker 5: Uh this is fascinating, Yeah.
Speaker 2: It is where my main printer is like a blast. Oh five thousand model, it's.
Speaker 5: A real letter press the ads.
Speaker 2: Okay, and good morning, good morning, and Neil, good morning.
Speaker 5: Good morning. So we're all back on medication. That you're back too.
Speaker 1: So yeah, no, it's it's all good.
Speaker 2: Uh. And by the way, the printer will stop in a minute, it's just slow as molasses. So I was talking to Neil, uh the day after the surgery or Saturday, and Neil was asking how I was doing, and uh, the day after surgery, there is there did I say good morning to Will?
Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning Will? Uh? And that's see, that's how forgettable you are. That's wow. The food chain you are on this show in the meantime.
Speaker 2: Uh. So a couple of days after the surgery, I was talking to Neil and I was eating my pain medication like skittles, throwing him in my mouth. Uh, I mean two three times the amount that I should have. And so as they kick in, I'm texting Neil explaining what's going on, and I'm looking at it and they said, hey, man.
Speaker 1: I love you, I really love you.
Speaker 6: You sent me more than one I have a text while you remind me that you loved me. And I was like, oh oh, Lindsey put his pills in his Zelman's package.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was yeah, yeah, it was pretty much way up there.
Speaker 2: So anyway, I don't know if if I sound coherent, I have no idea.
Speaker 6: But the accurrent as you did before the surgery, well that's good news.
Speaker 2: I remember when I had my was it my back surgery and my heart surgery? I think my heart surgery and I came back too early and I was taking pain medication and you, you were in management at that time, Neil, you threw me off the air. I was that so I was flying so high that I was making no sense.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I think you were complaining that Jews start all the wars, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I think I was it was.
Speaker 5: It starts sounding, you know, like Mel Gibson, he's out.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Did you have a lovely Mother's Day? Everybody hung out with their mother?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I did.
Speaker 2: I'm sweet and h And did you hang out with mom?
Speaker 1: Okay, cono mom?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I hung on with my mom on Saturday, my wife.
Speaker 1: That's good?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Uh Neil mom? Yeah? My last but not least, will did you hang out with mom?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: I no longer have mom.
Speaker 1: So I went to springs.
Speaker 2: Okay, fair enough, what I thought about it. I had a lovely lunch with my mother. We had worms. Okay, hers, I'm sorry, Hers, Yeah, yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 5: So I kind of doses are you on right now? I mean.
Speaker 1: Ten milligrams? You know, I'll go in the other room and grab my little bottle.
Speaker 2: I think ten milligrams and it says five to ten, so I go maximum dose. And then yesterday I was doing dose and a half because I was hurting.
Speaker 1: I was cooking yesterday.
Speaker 5: Were you on the grill on the Big Green Egg?
Speaker 1: No, not yesterday.
Speaker 2: I was cooking the day before because I did the green Big Green Egg. I have to scoop up the ashes and there's a lot of work.
Speaker 1: So I just threw.
Speaker 5: The beautiful roses, big baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I got a special tool to do it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I know it takes thirty seconds, but no, I'm going this week. I'm going to Big Green Egg get for several meals. I have the time of my life with it. Okay, Now, what else is going on? Yeah, we have a little bit of tariff news, to say the least, some pretty good news, some fun stuff in terms of Trump and how close he is to the mid East Qatar, Oman, the Emirates, Saudi Arabia, and it's we've never had this much, this closer relationship. To the point, where was it? Who is it that turnaround gave here's a seven forty seven eight hundred enjoy yourself to the United States four hundred million dollars.
Speaker 1: That's a big gift.
Speaker 2: Usually it's you know, here's a saddle, you know that we use on camels, or here's a sword. Here's a seven forty seven eight hundred. All right, guys, are you ready to do it?
Speaker 4: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Time for handle on the news with Heather and Neil and me lead. Sorry, well, we knew it was going to happen.
Speaker 1: Thank goodness.
Speaker 2: China and the US have agreed to roll back the tariffs.
Speaker 1: They sat down.
Speaker 2: Over the weekend, had a meeting and it was in Geneva because they have to go to a neutral place. And they kicked them back. They kicked him back at one point. And I tell you, I'm involved in this stuff every day. I'm on the phone with Sable and it has gone now from one hundred and eighty one percent tariff, no joke, It is going to go down to I think what is I think sixty percent or fifty percent that's doable, maybe even less, may even be thirty percent. So yeah, teriffts on Chinese goods are dropping from one hundred and forty five. And the reason it's so high on the other end is because you also have to pay a tariff on any stainless steel used in the product on top.
Speaker 1: Of it, so it's cumulative.
Speaker 2: And so it was one hundred and eighty one and now it's going to be thirty plus the ten percent that's already in place, so great.
Speaker 6: You know, those Maga hats are made in China, so maybe it was just getting too expensive.
Speaker 1: It could be. It could be, and they're not cheap either.
Speaker 2: So I'll do more about that at seven o'clock because this is massive, massive news.
Speaker 7: All right, Sean Diddy Combs is going to be officially in court today with the trial getting underway. They are expected that, well, he's on a trial for racketeering, a racketeering enterprise that force women into sexual situations they did not want to be in for nearly two decades. They believe that things could begin as early as this afternoon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he decided he wasn't going to plead he was going to get a lot of years in prison and is going to trial, and I don't know how he's going to win this thing, because before the Attorney General of the use of the Justice Department goes after this high profile of case, I mean, their evidence is overwhelming. The conviction rate with a Department of Justice is in the ninety percent, like ninety five percent.
Speaker 1: You don't win against the Department of Justice, So I am.
Speaker 2: I guess there may be a plea bargain in the middle of the trial, which I don't think the Department of Justice is going to accept. I think once you're involved, once someone is involved in the trials, it's pretty much.
Speaker 1: Set in stone.
Speaker 7: I'm curious to see if anybody else ends up getting charged out of this too. There's been a lot of accusations about some other hip hop artists and other people that might be involved. The ramifications could be very far reaching in the music industry for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hip hop artists in a whole different world.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's a lot of guns involved, there's a lot of trash talking, and it's just it's just a different world.
Speaker 1: This is not Frank or Perry Como.
Speaker 5: Well, Frank Sinata.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's true, but he didn't have.
Speaker 5: Sonch reporters in the phase that kind of thing.
Speaker 4: Also, country artists, I'm pretty sure a lot of them guns.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they don't think they use them. I don't think they shoot each other up.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 6: Hamas has said it will release the US Israeli captive held in Gaza as a group confirmed it was engaged in direct talks with the United States towards a security ceasefire in the war ravage nonclave. So trying to get aid back and to the suffering Palestinian population is one of the goals. Hama's statement did not indicate when the twenty one year old Alexander Eden Alexander would be released, but that is part of this whole agreement.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the asked American citizen, dual citizen that Hamas is releasing. I mean, he's the last one that is still held captive. And this is in conjunction with the President going to the Middle East. Israel says it's now going balls of the walls, is going to take over Gaza. It is going to stay there indefinitely, and part of the deal. Is Israel says, sure, we'll do a ceasefire, and here are the.
Speaker 1: Rules, Hamas.
Speaker 2: One of the one of the rules is you disarm, and Hamas says, nope, we're not willing to disarm. So I guess Hamas is waiting till there is nothing left of Gaza. That's it. There'll be nothing left, and they'll have a population of two point three million people that live in tents, but they're still going to have arms. You know, I wonder at some point someone in Hamas has to say, maybe we shouldn't attacked Israel October seventh. Maybe that wasn't such a good idea. In the meantime, the world is reeling. That's Israel, as far as I'm concerned, is committing war crimes. There's no question about that, and what they're doing to the citizens of Gaza.
Speaker 1: And if they think.
Speaker 2: The world is going to turn around and look at Israel's a pariah state and not deal with them.
Speaker 1: They're wrong. They're wrong. Okay, all right.
Speaker 7: House Republicans have unveiled what they're calling a cost saving centerpiece of President Trump's Big Beautiful Bill. They say this will save at least eight hundred and eighty billion dollars and it will be in cuts to largely the medicaid area, and they're doing it to cover the four and a half trillion dollars in tax breaks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is going to make some people a little bit upset, to say the least, because he is cutting like crazy and wants to cut the expenses in the trillions of dollars except for defense, and except for border security that's going up substantially, and then there are a few other things that are going up.
Speaker 1: He's going to piss off a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Because there's the philosophy again, the Republicans say business is good and entitlement programs are bad. The government should not spend money on education, on relief, on housing, on food stamps, because that's not the way America should run. Our job is border security and defense.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: Hey, for those people that are bitching and moaning, Hey, we elected him. You know the way he said exactly what he's doing. There's no hidden agenda here. I mean, he was completely honest and he was elected. Stop pitching.
Speaker 5: You're talking to us.
Speaker 1: No, I'm talking to the world out there. No. No, you don't bitch.
Speaker 2: Particularly I'm the one that does all a bitching on this show.
Speaker 6: Ukrainian President of Voladimir Zelenski, on Sunday challenged Russians Russian's president President Putin to meet him personally at the steps by the flagpole No in Turkey. And this is the latest move in this weekend long exchange, going back and forth different proposals. We're obviously trying to lead a peace effort there. I find it interesting that they want to see eye to eye.
Speaker 5: I think that would probably be a good thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they're not going to see eye to eye. It'll be Zelensky caving. The president is pushing very very hard in the war. He has already said Zelenski, Ukraine should give up the land that Russia has already occupied, and that one of the tenets of the Russian position is not only the land that they have eastern Ukraine about a third of the country, but also Ukraine will never ever be allowed into NATO because if it goes to NATO, then the rest of the NATO countries have to come the defense. If Ukraine had been part of NATO and Russia went ahead and invaded NATO by the treaty by Article five, the NATO countries, twenty eight of them would have defended NATO and attack Russia.
Speaker 5: Why weren't they in NATO?
Speaker 2: Well, because of all kinds of political moves, because Russia has tremendous influence, it's.
Speaker 1: Involved with Turkey.
Speaker 2: Turkey as part of NATO, anybody, any one of the countries can blackball anybody coming in. So you need one country to say no, thank you. And so you've got Turkey at least, because Turkey is one of those weird NATO countries that has.
Speaker 1: Pretty close relationship with Putin. It's pretty complicated stuff to say the least.
Speaker 7: President Trump announced on Sunday on his social that he plans to bring back a policy from his first term that he hopes will reduce drug costs by basing payments for certain medicines on their prices in other countries. He's calling it the Most Favored Nation bill, I guess a rule or executive order, and apparently he's saying it's going to help reduce drug costs by thirty to eighty percent.
Speaker 1: He claims, Yeah, this is good stuff. This is really good stuff.
Speaker 2: And I'll do that at eight o'clock and explain what most Favored Nation is all about.
Speaker 1: Usually it's sports.
Speaker 5: Is most Favored Nation entertainment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'll explain it. You know. For example, we are we have most favored.
Speaker 2: Nation clauses here, at least I do, and I will explain what that means coming up at eight o'clock.
Speaker 4: So this is a good thing. This is a good thing.
Speaker 1: You're saying very much.
Speaker 4: So okay, all right.
Speaker 6: Operations have returned to normal after yet another air traffic control equipment outage caused by the FAA or this caused the FAA rather to implement a ground stop there at Newark Liberty International Airport any flight that was coming into the airport on Sunday morning. So they're still having issues with equipment. I mean, until they get it upgraded and modernized, they're going to continue to have these issues.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're not doing so well in the air traffic controlling business here. We are way way back behind in terms of technology. They don't have this problem in.
Speaker 1: Europe at all.
Speaker 2: They don't even have this problem in Sudan and Yemen. Planes they just don't have a problem. What's they're in the air, they get shot down, So that takes care of that problem.
Speaker 1: Why don't we move on?
Speaker 4: All right? I thought maybe there was another.
Speaker 1: No there is a lot today. I'm finished with my analysis.
Speaker 5: Okay. Well, as a professional, she expects a punchline I was.
Speaker 7: I was just like, uh, okay, nope, it's not coming the Royal family of Qatar.
Speaker 4: Are we saying guitar or cutter? I don't mean to like, you've.
Speaker 1: Hurt both ways right here, you hurts mostly it's cutter.
Speaker 4: Now, Yeah, all right, I'm gonna go with cutter.
Speaker 7: They're donating a jumbo jet to President Trump to uh so he can use it for his air Force one fleet. I guess the plane is a seven forty seven eight. It won't be ready to serve as Air Force one just yet. President Trump won't be using it to fly back to the US from the Middle East, where he is going right now. It needs to be checked for security and spying devices before it is accepted. Some critics are saying that he is. They have to check and make sure that it is following the proper protocols to be approved I believe by Congress in order for him to accept this bill. The Caroline Levitt, the Press Secretary White House proccess Press Secretary, is saying that any gift given by a foreign government is always accepted in full compliance with the law.
Speaker 2: Yet this is an interesting story. There is a documentary I think on on a Prime, Apple Prime, and it's about air Force one, the building of air Force one.
Speaker 1: Because there's two new ones that Amazon bi ordered.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry it's on Amazon Prime. Apple is different.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're right, s Amazon Prime. Thank you for correcting me. That won't happen again.
Speaker 4: Sorry about that, and that's okay, you can apologize.
Speaker 2: In the meantime, it takes years to put it together because they have to re fab the entire airplane take literally take it apart and bring it back. So normally a plane like this is four hundred million dollars. That's what a new plane four or five hundred million dollars is what a new seven forty seven costs. To redo an Air Force one one of these bojets is in the billions of dollars to bring it up to par so it's a couple of years down the line.
Speaker 1: So that's number one. Because they have to harden the plane.
Speaker 2: They have to do anti terrors of anti missile stuff. Also, the communications gear is completely crazy, so they really have to bring it up to a level that the Secret Service will allow then you have the gift to the president. It's not a gift to the president individually, it's a gift to the United States, and Trump can't accept it. But it has to be in the It has to be in the custody of the United States. You can't turn around and take it and give it to someone else. And in this case, it's going to be used after the Trump presidency, assuming that it'll be ready by then, which I don't think so, and then he's going to take it with them and take it to his presidential library.
Speaker 1: It doesn't work that way. You can't do that. It's against the law.
Speaker 4: Who's paying for all this retrofitting and fixing.
Speaker 1: The US government?
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the billions of dollars, and they're already building two, so this will be number three.
Speaker 7: Would it be cheaper and more cost effective for him to just buy a new plane or no, because.
Speaker 2: You still have to buy the plane. At four hundred million dollars, you still have to buy the plane. So this is a four hundred million dollar discount given to us by a foreign government, which.
Speaker 4: Is I'm sure they won't expect anything in return.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely not, And so this is not going to This is not going to happen neat documentary. By the way, you really want to watch this saying because it gives you a tremendous idea of what it costs and how they re manufacture in air force one.
Speaker 6: All right, Apple class action lawsuit not affiliated with Apple Prime. Anyone who owned an Apple device since twenty fourteen may be eligible to receive part of a ninety five million dollars class action lawsuit chuse the tech company and their famous voice voice assistant Surrey of spying on users. So the lawsuit Lopez versus Apple, again not affiliated with Apple Prime, was filled in California Federal Court on twenty twenty one. So iPhones, iPads, Apple watches, MacBook, Imax, home pods, iPod touches, Apple TV, and sir. Any Surrey enabled device could be a part of this.
Speaker 1: Hey Siri, how much does each individual Apple device owner get out of the ninety five million dollar class action settlement? My Seri isn't working.
Speaker 5: Not when you asked to tell them?
Speaker 7: How much do people get from the Apple class action ninety five million dollar lawsuit grew another one.
Speaker 2: Last action ninety five million dollars lawsuit Check it.
Speaker 5: Out twenty dollars per device.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's great. Okay, that's terrific. I thought it'd be like two dollars, but okay, fair enough.
Speaker 5: How much does the attorney make?
Speaker 1: Millions? Yeah, millions and millions of dollars. That's who win. You just class action lawsuits.
Speaker 4: I should have gone.
Speaker 7: You know, there's somebody doing a roundup lawsuit for roundup that's been harassing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh god, billions in that one. How about me?
Speaker 2: Those? I mean, those have been going on for years, decades already.
Speaker 7: They have been harassing my mom and demanding all of this paperwork from her, and I've been asking them to stop calling her and they won't.
Speaker 4: And I don't know what to do.
Speaker 1: Well, I tell you what to do to make it easy, have your mom die?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh. Well, I mean it's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: That wraps it up pretty quickly.
Speaker 5: Why are we moving on? They'll still call, they.
Speaker 7: Might, so'll call, all right, the world status elephant, you guys, Chaer is getting involved in the situation at the La Zoo because you know, they're trying to send two elephants to the zoo in Tulsa, my hometown by the way, And now there's a city leaders who say they don't want to do that because they don't think that they need to go to another zoo. They think the elephant should go to a zoo sanctuary. And Share is getting involved and saying that she doesn't think that they should go to the zoo either, they should go to a sanctuary.
Speaker 4: And I don't know, on.
Speaker 7: A personal note, I think the Tulsa Zoo is getting a little bit of a bad rap here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I mean they call themselves basically a sanctuary. They just built a new elephant enclosure which is big, and so.
Speaker 1: It should go to the.
Speaker 2: Was it the sen Diego Zoo has the big enclosing Sarry Park are you talking about, Yeah, yeah, which is acres and acres and acres.
Speaker 4: It's beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you can go night. You know, they do the overnight where you could actually camp there. Don't that really didn't you and you got eaten by a lion?
Speaker 4: So you were here the lions roaring early in the morning. That's basically your wake up call.
Speaker 1: No, no, those are no, those are loud speakers.
Speaker 2: No, that's sorry, that's uh yeah, that's what they doping it. Yeah, not only that, if you look at the lions. They're audio animatronic. They don't move very much. I mean, so you pay a lot of money for that.
Speaker 4: All right, now we're gonna get sued.
Speaker 5: I don't know why they don't listen to share.
Speaker 6: She knows more about living animals, way past their lifespan than anybody else on the planet.
Speaker 4: Tulsa Zoo is a nice zoo.
Speaker 5: Just for the record. Okay, though, let's go to Dubai.
Speaker 6: I Ran in the United States held a fourth Rand round of negotiations just yesterday over to rant Rand's rapid advancing nuclear program. So they're looking they visit by President Donald Trump to the Middle East this week, and they're just looking to limit Iran's nuclear program in exchange for lifting some of the crushing economic sanctions that are imposed on the Islamic Republic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, overriding all of this, is Israel saying we will not allow Iran to have nuclear weapons just doesn't happen. And I think Israel will attack Iran preemptively. They are prepared to stop them under any circumstances, from having weapons.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Can they fight two fronts?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've done it many many times. Yeah, Israel has done it not. Most of their wars have been two fronts.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't this be three fronts? Don't they have a second front somewhere?
Speaker 2: Well right now? Well, gods, isn't really a front. I mean maybe they considered a front. It's not really a war because Israel so dominates on Hesbelah, Lebanon.
Speaker 1: Again, not really a war.
Speaker 2: So when war actually breaks out, it's usually Iran, Iraq, Syria is the attack.
Speaker 1: Egypt is the attack on.
Speaker 2: Israel, and they have fought from the north and the south, and the only Kipper War in nineteen seventy three, they almost lost it.
Speaker 1: It was really tough, all right, Do we have room for time for one more?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 7: Good news for people taking Eli Lilly's obesity drugs that bound new study shows they've lost fifty percent more weight than those using the rival we go VI. But we should we should point out that this study was done by Eli Lilly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how unusual, right, see how that works?
Speaker 5: Yeah, hand, this just didn't handle it a study and his morning show is the best.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Do you know when they do clinical studies to let you know you can you can tell a lab this is what I want you to come up with and they'll come up with alegitimate study. Don't misunderstand, it's not fraud. But you can look at this is statistics.
Speaker 1: You could look at.
Speaker 2: Any way you want and come up with your answer. Okay, this is KFI AM sixty.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch my show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app