Speaker 1: Good evening, everybody, and welcome to another edition of Up. Are we fired up? Gentlemen?
Speaker 2: I am because the Penguins just tied it up at four against the Philadelphia Flowers. Let's go.
Speaker 3: Okay, and hey, if you stay ready, you ain't gotta get ready. So I'm fired up. We keep these fryers fired up over here, and uh yeah, to Pensman's point, I've got my South Carolina game Cocks. They just took a thirty three to thirty one lead going in close to halftime here against Old Miss. We'll see what shakes here. Old Miss has the ball, but just excited, talk about sports and have a good time.
Speaker 1: Awesome, awesome. We are missing two of our regulars. We are missing George Iichorn, who was actually on the scene of that Red Wings loss covering the Red Wings game. And then there's Ralph Williams, who is at a wrestling event I believe tonight, so he could is not on as well. So we missed those two regulars. But Pensman, you're back for more here on Fire Up. Of course, welcome, and then our guest JD tell everybody, because have you been on fire? You were on fire up.
Speaker 3: Though, Yeah, we yeah, just last week or the week before, I think we did one altigether Yeah. Yeah, so yeah, we've been here. We know what's up to roll.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we are going to start with one of our first topics, and we're going to talk NFL. Even though the NFL is now in their off season. I mean the NFL combine Actually probably it starts what tomorrow I think I think it starts tomorrow the twenty eighth or today?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, it was the linebackers, linebackers.
Speaker 3: Well, then they actually had special teams yesterday because Kayak Kroger from South Carolina, he put on a performance for the game Cocks there. He had the highest hangtime I think of any punter there. So yeah, yesterday with special teams kind of got underway. But then today, yeah, we saw a bunch of the defensive linemen run in the forties and linebackers. Of course, the big story Abdul Carter and the stress. They're not even calling it a fracture. I forget what they're calling it stress reaction or something in his foot. It needed surgery, it doesn't need surgery. Who knows what's gonna happen there, But yeah, the combine fully underway.
Speaker 1: So for all you that think it's the off season, yeah, they might not be on the field, but they're doing their per putting in their good good time here to try and make teams show what they can do at the NFL Combine. But one of the things that was just released, and there's been a couple of little developments, but one of the things that was released is the NFLPA dropped the team report cards, which is compiled from survey responses of nearly seventeen hundred players from all thirty two teams. And when they great them, I'm gonna say they great them on coach, owner, food, travel, weight, room, and the treatment of their families, which I think is very interesting to be able to grade them on all those different things and then to release that to the public so we all can see that. I have to admit I was shocked by who was at the top of the top of the great and then who was on the bottom kind of surprised me as well. So when I say that the top of the top actually was Miami, which surprised me. Their owner, their coach was graded an A plus, their owner in A plus, their food A plus, travel, A plus, weight room a plus and treatment of family was an A. But at the bottom of that barrel was Arizona. Now they gave their coach an A and get to be fair, there was only there was three coaches that were graded a C and nothing lower than that. Now, but that was where Arizona really kind of the only thing they really shined. Their owner was given a D minus, their food a D minus. Travel was a B, so that's not too bad. Their weight room was an AT and the treatment of family was a deep plus. So what they did is they came out and said now they are gonna commit one hundred million dollars to building a new training facility. So, guys, what are your thoughts on, first of all, the whole grading system and that becoming public, and then what the Arizona colonels are doing as a result of some of those And we're gonna lead off with JD since you.
Speaker 3: Are our guests. Oh well, thank you, Oh appreciate it. So, yeah, the first thing that sticks out is, I mean just some of yeah, some of these rankings. So in my mind, the first thing that popped in my head as you were speaking about it there is like they're really Miami Miami, y'all got nothing but a plus's and a's all the way across the board. Like, yeah, Mike McDaniels are really cool, head coach, Miami is a great place to live. But what about the owner makes him a plus? I couldn't even name the owner, first of all, but I that just so to me, this strikes me as coach's poll nonsense. Somebody else filled out these report cards. So some of these teams that might be up here at the top and have these really high grades, I don't trust them. I don't trust them. What I will grade it on is I would grade it anywhere from maybe the tenth to like the twenty fifth team, because I feel like that's probably where you got the most accurate answers. I mean Arizona obviously, with two D minus's and an F and a D plus isn't very good. But again, Arizona, I mean, what makes them that we don't hear all these negative stories about Arizona that make them that way? However, right, Well, maybe Kyler Murray, but I don't see a quarterback grade up here anywhere, you know what I mean? Obviously, Kyler Murray's a very negative thing there. He plays too much Xbox or PlayStation or whatever it is. They say had a much better year this past year. But obviously that was a point of contention. But then, I mean, even you got Pittsburgh, you got their ownership at a du Carolina Panthers D minus. I absolutely agree with that one. So I mean there's certain grades in here though that I could go through and pick out is very accurate, but there's some I just really I really question the validity to it. So to speak. Pennsman, I mean, or Candy, what would you got to what? I'm thinking? That's my question. How how valid are some of these actual rankings, because I think anybody that got an A plus A plus, A plus, A plus A plus and an A that just screams to me that somebody filled these ballots out out and send him in. So I would grade it more like Dallas right there. I mean, how did Dallas end up at ten with A A, A B, A B plus, A B minus, A minus and A But some of the players complained about it being a zoo letting. Jerry Jones and his players are having fans and tourists walk through watching them work out, so how did they get that high of a ranking.
Speaker 2: Because everybody loves the Dallas Cowboys Stadium.
Speaker 3: Right, But if how valid know, if you fly.
Speaker 2: Over it, it looks awesome. And I heard that if you go inside. I'd never been inside. I've been fly flew over it, but if you fly when I fly over it, it's like, uh, yes, Brian, I know, thanks for bringing that up. I appreciate that. I know that, Ah, Brian, But yeah, that's the Dallas Cowboys Stadium. Is is phenomenal, It's awesome. I just you can't what Jerry Jones did to the old stam to the new stadium. You can't compare the old stam to the new one. And Arizona Cardinals, you better get your act together. You have a good team. The jerseys are cool looking. Kyler Murray is not focused on the team. He'd rather play Badden when he's already on the team. You need to have a good quarterback because you are a leader. Once you have that see you on your jersey, that means you're a captain and you have to lead your team in the right direction.
Speaker 1: So going back to the well, first of all, let me say, Brian, you talk about the Patriots. I just had that up the Patriots travel, the players give it enough, So your point to them not having Wi Fi in the plane, that might be one of the things that the players are looking for because that entertains them or allows them to do things on the plane when they are traveling.
Speaker 3: They got to be able to bet on the game, right.
Speaker 1: That's true. That's true.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: The Arizona Cardinals said they are planning to invest roughly one hundred million to build a new training facility at the team's current location, following the lowmarks for facilities in the yearly NFL Players Association survey that was released on Wednesday. Their goal is to provide the best possible environment, facilities, and resources, and to give our team the greatest opportunity to succeed. The Cardinals said in a statement, we're working hard to achieve that. Last season, we shared with our players the plans for a new training facility at the existing Tempe location, with a targeted completion date of twenty twenty seven. They've hired a leading architecture firm that has worked with a number of NFL teams on the new facility and the design processes underway. The Cardinals did score well in certain areas including an A for head coach Jonathan Gannon, B for A team travel, and B for the nutritionist diet Titian. Their owner Michael Bidwell received a D minus from the players. I thought some of these were interesting, like if you think about it, so we all know that I'm a Packers fan, or if you do or you don't, but like they're not. They don't have an owner, they're owned by the shareholders, so they got an A minus. Well, who are you ranking at that point? Are you ranking Murphy that's you know, really running it, or are you because they're really not owned by one person, I think, And they're trashing.
Speaker 2: And they're trashing Lambeau too by coming coming at seventh.
Speaker 1: Well, they're giving the weight room an A, so they come in at seventh. But I think that the part of it was all the A minuses for food, travel coach, we're all A minuses owners A minus, weight room was A and the treatment of family was a B. The one that I found kind of very interesting is treatment of family was an F for Jacksonville and F minus for Cincinnati, UH, and then a D plus for Cleveland and Arizona, a D for the Rams.
Speaker 2: Guys, How can Steelers be twenty eighth. Like with Brian said, but the only a we have is like Tomlin, the stadium is awesome. There Aftershure Stadium is awesome. Heinz Field's awesome just because we got the get rid of the ketchup. It's a b or C. Come on, the stadium is awesome.
Speaker 1: There they're not talking about their playing facilities. They're talking about their their weight room.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, there was six categories, right, Candy, Yeah, well just on these report cards, it's yes, coach, owner, food, travel, weight room, and treatment of family, which Candy was just mentioning treatment of family, and that's one thing I wanted to mention there. A lot of these cities aren't known for having a very good crime rate, so I'm very curious about is this the treatment of family get all lumped together by how the family of players are treated by the team, or is it about the community life of which they live in.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's the community life. I think it's how the team, maybe the owner, and what they do for the family, Like do they when they like, let's face it, like the Jags play over season internationally, do they pay for all of the family to go see that game, and do they pay for any of that? I'm not sure exactly because I don't have a ballot in front of me. That would be an interesting question.
Speaker 3: Right well, and to your point though, too Ill and I will say this, and I'll anybody else can go after this, or Pensman or if you got anything else to say, whatever, however we need to do it if we need to move topics. But oh yeah, if the treatment of family though, so, if we are gauging this based on how the franchises treat the family of their players, and you see them getting some of the grades they're getting, can you imagine what the treatment of fans is like? And why isn't that part of this report card? That's the most important thing? Right mm hmm? I mean are they are they treating the fans properly?
Speaker 2: And that's what I was just gonna stay there, JD. Who's who's actually giving these reports out? Who's actually voting for these.
Speaker 1: The NFLPA, so the Players Association, Yeah.
Speaker 2: What do they know? Ye? What do they know?
Speaker 1: They would know quite a bit, I would say.
Speaker 2: What I'm just saying that the Eagles are twenty second, the Chiefs are twenty seventh, so and they were the Super Bowl contenders, and Eagles won the championship this year, as everybody know. But they're twenty second.
Speaker 1: Exactly. But I think they're for that reason. I think they're probably out of all the categories. They probably are weighing certain cagories more now. I don't know which ones and why they ranked them from one to thirty two like.
Speaker 2: That, right that.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I just found some of these interesting, Like when you're talking about coaches and you're giving them a grade, and yet how many of those coaches did we move on from this year? You know, Jacksonville, we all know that Doug Moron was the coach. He got a C. He's out. The Bears, they had a coaching change. They also gave their coach a C. Just find the Jets they had a coaching change, they had a B grade for coach. I just think some of those are very interesting and they could be telling too. Do we all agree with them? No? Probably not, but we're not on the inside and don't have all of those. The Jets owner he had an F.
Speaker 2: I agree with that. I agree with that. Jay mm hmmm, Jets Jets owner head enough. But but giving mine D gives him a D.
Speaker 1: Maybe they feel that he hasn't done enough to change the culture of the team.
Speaker 3: Well, no, the problem, the problem with Rooney is he hasn't fired his A rated head coach yet. That's what That's why.
Speaker 2: He got the D.
Speaker 3: But they gave they gave tom One the A. So yeah, that's Rooney's problem. They just he hadn't fired Mike Tomlin yet, his A ranked head coach. And it candy, if I may, I was gonna say, just as y'all were talking about that, this thought come in my head. I think it was rush hour three or something, or rush hour two.
Speaker 2: They like.
Speaker 3: They will, they light up the counterfeit bill, remember, and it burns real bright to me. That's what you can do with this NFL report card. I don't believe any of its validity. You can light it up its counterfeit, and I think it should get fired up on fire up this evening.
Speaker 1: Well, so here's one thing I'm gonna say. I'm going to read some One of the core jobs as a union is to improve the overall working conditions for our players, which includes the daily experience of players at the team's facilities away from the lights and cameras. Sixteen hundred and ninety five of our players provided information to share with one another about their current club to not only help them make important career decisions, but also to help raise standards across the league. Our goals were to highlight positive teams, identify areas that could use improvement, and highlight best practices and standards. And this is from I'm actually on the nflpa's web site and their report, so I wonder if it tells us anything more about.
Speaker 2: But the Steelers play at Saint Benson College and Latrobe. But that's a really good college to play with in the fields, cleaned, everything's there. They get thousands of people at training camp, I don't know, and Philadelphia goes away to New Jersey to practice.
Speaker 1: So they've done this for This is the third year that they've done this survey, and in our first year we had a sixty percent league wide response rate. Each of the last two years we have seen a seventy seven percent response rate across the league. It reinforces we're always working to make this resource even better. So this year's edition includes several enhancements, partnerships with a strategy group to help fine tune the survey design data collection. Keeping the categories consistence from here to two to three makes it easier to track improvements in both overall grades. They've added additional questions in certain areas to get a deeper understanding of player feedback. Now, letter grades can be sorted within each category. For example, B plus grades can be arranged from highest to lowest. Let's see fourteenth place ranking with a B plus is still a sign of a strong player focused environment. From the outset, This initiative has been guided by two core goals. Keep players informed. With thirty two different workplaces, even small details can impact players' daily experiences. For those with the options to choose their team, knowing how others rate their workplace is invaluable. And to drive improvement. Report cards highlight areas where players can believe teams can do better, giving clubs actionable feedback to enhance facilities and support systems. It also so I find it very interesting because I would say this for like the draft picks, that this might be a tool that they might use to see what other players that are in these different systems where they're going to what you know, what is a focus, what is a weakness, that the players think of. I think it gives we all look at it as fans. We all look at the you know, the teams.
Speaker 2: Yes, Addie preaches.
Speaker 1: But I mean if you sat there, and let's face it, if you sat there and did a survey like this of your workplace, what would you say? And you know, we don't all have that opportunity that to go out and research. Yeah, let's face it, these the top echelon players can really write their ticket and go wherever they want. So what like the Matthew Staffer, Let's face at Matthew Stafford. No, not that he can go wherever, but he's one of these quarterbacks that is he going to stay with LA? Is he going to go someplace else? Aaron Rodgers? Is he going to go someplace else? Do they put any stock in this survey? And would that sway them one way or the other if they're trying to just curious? You know?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, no, I agree, I hear you. The one thing though about being drafted is unless you're Eli Manning or Philip Rivers, you don't really have much of a choice, or maybe should do or Sanders Ish. I mean, apparently Dion said there's only certain teams that can draft a door, right, so unless you don't really have much control over it. But I mean, it is really cool. I think the one thing that the one word I think that was missing in order to get a really accurate reading from what you were reading about it is anonymous. I think anonymous would be a very valid key word to add into that. If these players could do this anonymously, I feel like because I mean, obviously, Mike McDaniel he's a super cool coach in Miami. I mean, if he knew that his players were getting this and he's trying to attract free agents, of course you would want to manipulate these surveys the best way you could, or you would want to give it to all of your happiest players. You would want to give it to the ones who listen and do what's right and all of that kind of thing. So, I mean, it's it just depends on how this all went down, but it is really cool. I know Jay over here, I would shout him out. He's hilarious because he ranked his his employer, Amenda in the comments. I don't know if y'all call it or not, but it was like it sucks it's terrible. I need new job. All that good stuff pretty much, but all needs improvement. Yeah, my job, it'll be Yeah, it's hilarious. Jay, that is funny enough.
Speaker 2: Right there, Brian said, this is a c.
Speaker 3: That's hilarious, y'all.
Speaker 2: I just think it's.
Speaker 1: Funny because like none of us, I mean, I don't know about you guys, but I don't take it. I shouldn't say that. I do take a survey about my job, about things that they can improve about the company and stuff like that, but it and as a manager, I get results for that survey as well. It's anonymous who, but let's face it, if I'm a manager of ten people, I might have an idea if someone puts a comment, who wrote that comment, even though it technically is anonymous.
Speaker 3: Right, absolutely, But I think it's just.
Speaker 1: Interesting from a fan perspective because none of us are inside any of those locker rooms or any of those you know, and we all have our teams that we like and we think, ah.
Speaker 3: That's what I was laughing about. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: No, and yes, one hundred percent would know who wrote it, especially if it has a comment section, and yes most of them do. But I just think from a fans perspective, for us to see that that, you know, you might have a blind you might have a blinded eye when it comes to your team, because you might think of your team and whatever, respective whether you think there's you know, they're the greatest things in slice, spread or not. That sometimes that we forget about all these little other things that the team has to deal with and the players have to deal with, you know, the travel, like are they taking the way? I'm going to bring it back to a movie Major league? Remember how the owner she wanted them to lose? So what did she do? What plane did she give them? What did how did they travel?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: And I don't think we think of all those little things. And especially when now you're talking about NFL players and playing internationally. Your take, you know you're going to international travel. So I just find it kind of interesting. That's all. That's why I thought we would bring it up tonight. Yes, yes, Jake.
Speaker 2: Show Family Show.
Speaker 1: That was that was.
Speaker 2: There? You go there it is.
Speaker 3: Family show. People eyes up here there it is.
Speaker 1: Well and this one was just it was a picture and they just took an it was PG at the end like they had. We won't get into that the rest of that because some of that movie, although it was very good, but so it just proves to you that what teams do and what you can go through. And I don't think we always realize and see that think of it from for NFL or any of the major sports, right, you know how good their facilities are and how good they're treated, and how their families are treated.
Speaker 2: And the like.
Speaker 3: And this will be a question for another day too, and I'll throw it to you Candy, so well, this one will be for next time. Should some of the like the chiefs, I think it was they said they couldn't take their shoes off in their hotel room or something. But let's be honest. I mean, if you're Patrick Mahomes and you're making forty million dollars a year, fifty million dollars a year, sixty million dollars a year, whatever some of these quarterbacks make, should you even have to worry about what the team accommodations are anywhere? I mean, can you not just pay for your own room? Well, I mean some of these dudes, they're only making three four million a year or less than that league minimum, like Rock Party, so they kind of rely on what the team is giving them for a hotel. But yeah, I wouldn't want to hear. That's another thing too. I would like to see about who did these surveys, because I would like to see who exactly is it your superstars on this team complaining or is it somebody that should be really complaining about how they're getting treated?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Most college teams traveling planes could be better than the NFL.
Speaker 3: I talked about this the other night. My wife's getting on a plane soon. I'm super nervous about it. Sorry, that's really random, but it ties into what he just said. She's getting ready, she's going to a bachelor atte party in April. And yeah, there's been way too many plane accidents. Can we figure out airplanes? I asked that question please the other day. Y'all thoughts and prayers over here, thought some prayers.
Speaker 1: Definitely, definitely, definitely. Okay, three Please, I need you to pay for my hotel room. I can't afford it.
Speaker 2: Go fund me, Go fund me, what might help you? Jay?
Speaker 3: Right? No, Well, he was talking about what I was saying to about some of the players making like three or four.
Speaker 2: But that's where he was getting that. I'm trying to bust on me every week.
Speaker 3: So oh yeah, no, Ja, hilarious.
Speaker 2: Go fund me and then you can get your three four million hotel room. You can have done, you can afford it.
Speaker 1: And let's face it, I know this. We weren't going to talk about this, but let's face it, Kelsey, he doesn't want to go out that way. He's going to be back next year. Jay I says, he loves your go fund me idea.
Speaker 2: There you go, start it tomorrow morning. Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: But there is another sport that just started playing games, not what a week ago about. MLB is back, so anybody there what? Pensman? Finally, finally, yes, baseball is back. So thoughts about some of the changes they have made and what they're doing this year. Pensman, I know you wanted to really talk about this. I'm gonna let you take the lead on telling everybody what what has changed and what they're trying out here in spring training.
Speaker 2: All right, but first I gotta do this. Give me your money, sorry JD. If you're drinking, that was just perfect hash tag give me your money. But now the challenges are phenomenal as much as I've seen in spring training, and I watched the Yankees and the Phillies and they tied at seven to seventh. That's the only thing I don't like about spring training games is the tie. But if a pitcher and catcher don't agree, the catcher can go like this, and they can go like that, and then the umpire will see that they can challenge it. If if the ball is close to it and they call it a ball and it should be a strike, the catcher will do what I just did and they can challenge it and some and during the Yankees and Tampa Bay game last Friday, I think it was they just did it for fun. I think I don't. It's not totally sure that's done and over with. But it was clearly a ball, but they wanted the catcher wanted to challenge it, and they said it was a ball, even though it was a ball. But what they did, what the season's coming up is gonna be so great. It's gonna it speeds it up. There's no questions about it. There's there's no if there's a strike, if it's a ball, you can't do anything. But now you can do something about the questionable strikes and ball counts. That's what I like about.
Speaker 1: It, okay, j D thoughts.
Speaker 3: My first thought is, and I'll say this about NFL, NBA, MLB, hockey, whatever sport it is that we're playing. I just want it to be right at the end of the day. I don't care if you need to review it. I don't care if you need to challenge it. I don't care if the referees need to get together in a huddle and discuss what happened on the play. I just want it to be called one hundred percent accurate, one consistent. And I'm sure many gamblers out there who put money on these games and all of that stuff, who lose sometimes over these bogus calls. I mean, we all heard the Chiefs thing and all of this stuff. So I just want it to be right. In this ABS system, it has the chance to get balls and strikes right. I saw a video the other day four ninety five mile an hour plus fastballs all right down the middle. Last year, every one of them in the strike zone called a ball.
Speaker 2: Was it the Philip game there?
Speaker 3: It was like four of them. No, it was all different teams. I forget which yeah, yeah, it was four completely different.
Speaker 2: I thought you're talking about what Shore going like this to Angel rnandez.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, well, and thank goodness that that man retired. First of all. Yeah, of course he was gosh awful.
Speaker 2: And I get it.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna get every call. You're not. Sometimes they're gonna be too close. But to be able to have the technology to get it right, to me, that is the logical explanation. Just get it right. Like I said, I don't care what you gotta do to do it. Yes, I'm fine with the human element staying in the game. I still want some umpires. I'm good with all of that. But to be able to have this technology, like with the NFL we were, I'm sure that was probably gonna come up to they're looking at doing their hawkeye thing or whatever, where they'll be able to tell where the ball is. But even then, aside, judge will still spot the ball. But at least if you aimed a first down, they'll know for sure if you gain the first down. And to me, I don't care the judge. After I get that first down, he can spot the ball six inches a yard back. I don't care. I got the first down. That was the objective, So I'm good. Just get it right, I would agree.
Speaker 1: Now, I can tell you that they are trying this out in Major League in spring training. The earliest it would take in effect, if it goes into the regular season, would be twenty twenty six. So this is something they're just trying this spring training season. The other thing is is these calls the only player, the only people that can challenge the call of the ball or the strike, or the pitcher, the catcher or the batter. So it can't be any of the coaches. It can't be anybody else, you know, off off on the side or anything like that. The whole problem take here's the thing. The whole process takes about fifteen or twenty seconds. It is not does not take a long time. So for people that are worried that it's going to start extending the game, you know when we've been trying to shorten the time for baseball, it's not gonna do that much. And it's gonna get the call right, let's face it.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: The only issue though, too, is they only get two of them per teen. Also, regardless if you get them right.
Speaker 2: Or wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, if you win it, you keep it, If you lose it, you lose it.
Speaker 3: Oh, I thought they said it was going to be two period, but either right, either way too yeah, yeah, yeah, I thought it was going to be hard too there, but either way, it's only been fourteen seconds per so you're talking about less than a minute from a game. They've already cut back an hour in the last year overall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you lose it, you lose it. If you win it, you we gain it.
Speaker 1: So this ABS challenge system was in effect for any tria A games last season, along with Arizona Fall League games starting back in twenty twenty three. On average, there were about four challenges per game, the MLB says, roughly half of which were overturned. Challenges by the defense were slightly more successful on average than challenges by batters.
Speaker 2: Let's go, Let's go. Pengua was just defeated the Philadelphia Flyers. I just want to point that out, breaking news.
Speaker 3: And like I said, just get it right. So the Flyers, I guess winning, that's getting it right. And so yeah, just get the calls right though at the end of the day, like I said, I don't care what you gotta do to.
Speaker 1: Do it correct. I agree, I agree. I think it's just something very different, you know, and maybe it'll help the game, because, like you said, it should get more calls.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm just gonna miss the managing managers and the arguing if they ever do to go there. But that is exciting, especially if you go to a game when you see, like for me, I go see Aaron Boom, go out yell. I love it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, there's nothing like a good epic manager rant for sure, there's nothing like it. Remember the dude through the grenades he was for the braves and like double a he got out behind the mail though and was like throwing the rosenbag is like grenades at the umpire epics. Yeah, oh god, you'll have to look it up. It's hilarious. I'm sure there are some people that know about it. But yeah, you got to keep the human element. But at the end of the day, give them the technology or the ability to just get the call right. Then if there's any question, if you hear the fans say boo, let's go check it out all right, or even if the players are like, hey, no, you got that wrong, you know, let them challenge it.
Speaker 2: Just most of the catchers are right on it to like see if they know something, they go right to the face mask and they see like there's no should I or shouldn't I. It's like, okay, let's do.
Speaker 1: It, but let's face it one of the And Scott will tell you. Because Scott was a catcher, I can tell you I was a catcher at times that a catcher's job is to frame that pitch and to move it, like if they think it's outside that they're gonna quick try and bring it in so it looks. So this might take a little bit of that element out, I think, whereas sometimes they had Yes, JI, well, J I'll be honest with you, there isn't a position on the field that I have not played. I have played all of them. I played softball for years and years. I played both fast pitch and slow pitch, and I was a pitcher in both, so I could I could do both. And I've been catcher. I've played first, shortstop, second, third, and in the outfields. So there isn't a position that I have not played. But Scott was really a catcher. And what one of the things he'll tell you is is, and this is gonna be really hard to believe, he was a talker. So he would talk to the batters and try and get them being in distract them and stuff like that so that I can totally see him doing. But well, no, not on the same play. J I am not that good, but everything, but catch seriously, really seriously, yes, j I and j I. I have to say thank you because one of the episodes you were on and you sent a picture. So j I had a baby in the last couple of months, and he sent a picture of the baby to Scott, and so I got to see cute, cute, cute kids.
Speaker 3: So man, yeah, congratulations for sure. Don't worry. They'll be five and three like mine are before you know it, So enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, baby's three months old. Wow, you're welcome. Thank you for sending the picture because I love pictures of little kids.
Speaker 2: But Mackey, say, see Scott doing that?
Speaker 1: Yes, I can do. So I'm going to bring up a topic that I didn't talk to you tell you guys about. Let's talk just a little bit because I think you guys will be fine with this. The NFL and the NFLPA agreed to a two hundred and seventy nine point two million dollars salary cap for twenty twenty five that represents a nine point three increase from last year's two hundred and fifty five point four million. Total total player costs, including benefits, are projected to be roughly eleven point six billion league wide. The league previously informed teams that the cap would fall between two seventy seven and two eighty one. The NFL salary cap has increased by one hundred and fifty nine million since twenty eleven. That is a huge pay increase. I'm sorry and I was looking. The salary cap from twenty twenty was at one ninety eight. In twenty twenty five, we're talking to seventy nine. That's a huge increase. Guys, your thoughts, like, my salary hasn't gone on that much in five years? What do you guys?
Speaker 3: No, absolutely not. Golly, you gotta you gotta fight tooth and nail to get a raise doing anything these days. And what's crazy to me, I think the NFL is gearing up because they realize that the NBA is far and away paying their superstar athletes way more money than a lot of the NFL superstars are. Granted, they have a shorter life span. You never know, you know when an injury might come down, But even then we saw Deshaun Watson he got his two hundred and fifty million. We see Dak Prescott making sixty million dollars a year. To me, what's wild is how they find a way to fill the team still. Like you just said, it was, what two hundred and fifty four jumped twenty four million or twenty seven million, whatever it is. They're just getting ready to hopefully get that huge billion dollar deal like the NBA got. And they realized that the league minimum the NFLPA, like we've talked about earlier, They're gonna make sure that league minimum has to climb soon. And I'm sure, I mean, there's no other way for it to go other than up.
Speaker 1: So the roster size, as far as I know, has stayed the same. It's fifty three players, split on offense and defense and special teams. There are play plus they have a practice squad of up to seventeen players. Now, the teams can carry ninety players in the off season, but must be down to fifty three by the deadline in August. So and only forty eight can participate in the game. So, and the NFL settled on fifty three players all the way back in at least nineteen ninety three, So that gives you an idea for roster size and how they've increased. And I know I didn't didn't prep you guys on that one, but I just thought that was kind of an interesting.
Speaker 2: I got some add to that. Yes, by all means, of course, you got to hear this because I'm a fan. But the Steelers are up by sixty million dollars now because of that pay we're increased. That can't he just mentioned that takes us to nine in the NFL. So justin fields get signed, t J. Watt gets signed. So we have the money before this increase, we were tight. Now that we got the increase, we got sixty billion, let's go out there and let's get a contending team and let's actually win a playoff game. Can we thank you?
Speaker 3: Shoot? Man Hey, the Carolina Panthers, even though they have really no superstars that it feels like they're paying somehow or another, they're very low in cap space. So yeah, hopefully this increase helps the Carolina Panthers out as well. I don't know if they'll be able to attract any free agents this year, so hopefully we nailed the draft and don't do anything crazy. Maybe with this abdual Carter stress fracture thing, maybe he'll slip down to eight for the pants. There's to gobble him up. I doubt it, but we can all hope, Right.
Speaker 2: Judy, I got I got something to tell you that Panthers just moved up to twenty eight million dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's biggo Like who are they paying?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Like Bryce Young is still on a rookie contract. I mean, I know we sers to like nine million dollars a year, Like.
Speaker 2: You got that pay you got that pore paying?
Speaker 3: I don't know, it makes no sense, like we literally I mean Jadeveon Clowney, No, we weren't paying him a whole lot. Shaq Thompson, he wasn't making all them. I mean, are we still paying Luke Keickley? Did we forget to remove him off the payroll or something? Did we forget to remove Cam Newton from the payer?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Who are we paying people to have the low it like most ridiculous cap space and so Yeah, But all and all in all, the NFL contracts will continue to go up. It'll be interesting to see if people start paying running backs again.
Speaker 2: Jay your Detroit Lions are fifty two point sixty nine million dollars of pay increase.
Speaker 3: In New England one hundred and twenty eight million, says.
Speaker 1: The Raiders ninety six commanders eighty one.
Speaker 3: That's what the Panthers should be at. I mean, the Panthers aren't paying anybody better than the Patriots are.
Speaker 2: You got it?
Speaker 1: How seven Panthers are paying seven or seven million in dead money, So I don't know who they're paying. This site doesn't.
Speaker 2: All's not what is it making big money? Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, nobody's making big money. It doesn't seem like I mean, even like I said, Miles Sanders, he got four years, thirty three million, So that's what eight point twenty five million a year? And yes, I just did that math off the top of my head, and yes it's accurate. Sure, yeah, four yeah, thirty three divided by four eight point twenty five. But to me, that's the biggest contract that the Panthers have out there. So I just I can never figure out their cap space.
Speaker 1: Non non active roster cap charges dead money. Shaq Thompson three point one million, Jonathan Mingo one point seven, Dane Jackson one point five, Johnny Hecker and fifty one and Jamie Robinson one hundred and sixty four for a total of seven point seven million and dead non cap ross, non active roster cap.
Speaker 3: That's right, hold on, Pennsman. I was gonna yeah, so basically, Candy, I was gonna. Honestly, at first, when I heard that number, I was like, Ah, that's not a big deal. But when you think about it, that's two one year contracts at three point eight and three point nine million dollars to get you a nice filler player, whether it be a defensive back, lineback or whatever. So yeah, yeah, seven point seven million, Yeah, that's a pretty big deal. I guess.
Speaker 1: Well, and let's face it, the Saints. The Saints have negative forty seven.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, well they've ad they're already talking about making Spencer Ratler QB one. I've seen that so many times now as a game Cock fan. Literally everybody, yep, Cars gone, Cars going to be the next Kirk Cousin. Spencer Ratler's taken over for him. I've heard all of.
Speaker 2: Car had his potential chance but he blew it.
Speaker 1: But let's face it, Marshawn Latimore, they're still paying him thirty one point six in dead Cap Michael Thomas nine point one, Jameis Winston seven point three million. So that's where part of that's where.
Speaker 3: They're no, no wonder Jamis Wentz. I had so much fun at the Super Bowl. You're getting seven point three to not even play for that team, and he was playing for the Browns. He oh yeah, I would have had a good time at the Super Bowl too.
Speaker 2: Brother, is Eddie still here? Because the Cowboys have one point three million dollars to play with with the salary increase, So that's because of Prescott, Ceedee Lamb, Ezekiel Elliott. So yeah, you pay your high ed, you're gonna get blown away and you're gonna get burnt.
Speaker 3: So they still got Eddie, they still gotta pay Micah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Michael Parsons, Yeah, Eddie's not happy. He's not happy. I'm just don't blame me.
Speaker 3: Aw shucks, that's funny.
Speaker 2: Tell Jerry, tell Jerry Jones not to spend money on press guy and see thee Lamb and all these players that supposed to pull forward but they don't perform, Well.
Speaker 3: How are you using that tour money towards the player contracts?
Speaker 2: If Jerry Jones would restruct your deals and actually keep players instead of getting them and tossing them around. You might actually have a budget. That's why because Dak is in the top ten quarterback exactly, but with his contract they can't do anything. And if you subscribe to my channel, you'll see that I trashed the Cowboys. That'd be fund of them all the time.
Speaker 1: So, and Jay, I know you're a Lions fan. So the non active roster dead money Carlton Davis nine point eight million, Cameron Sutton six point five, and Marcus Davenport two point two So for eighteen point eight million in dead cap space that they're but they have fifty one million out there available to spend. So yes, money, money money.
Speaker 3: Okay, guys, dollar dollar bills.
Speaker 1: JD. Melting, you want to talk a little bit about the Ian Rappaport and Schultz Tobacco with Stafford and the Brady story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure, we can talk about it. Okay. First of all, I just think it's funny we finally we get all of these college players, all of these NFL scouts and head coaches, and I'm sure some of the players bring some family members and they all go stay in the same hotel and we're also reporting about free agency with Matthew Stafford, and Jordan Schultz reported that Matthew Stafford and Tom Brady met at Tom Brady's Montana ski house, and Ian Rappaport reported shortly thereafter that that was false, that they just happened to have a house in the same ski community. And then I've also seen the report today though that the RAMS did in fact grant Stafford the permission to meet with Brady to join the Raiders. And so at this point I'm just really confused. But apparently Jordan Schultz and Ian Rappaport were not confused. They were convinced that one was lying and one was correct, and they tried to throw some fists in a Starbucks in the Marriotte in Indianapolis for the NFL. And so to me that was just it's funny. I mean, it's bound to happen, right when you're competing trying to be the first one to broadcast the news out there, and all of a sudden you see someone who just called you incorrect sitting across from Starbucks. Now, hey, don't come at me before I've had my coffee. But if I had me a nice little Starbucks Nitro whatever they call Nitro Colebrew. Yeah, I might be ready to throw fists about eight o'clock in the morning at the NFL Combine. Maybe, I don't know. What are you guys think? Did y'all hear this story?
Speaker 1: I did. I did. Reporters trying to make something out of I think one of them was trying to make something out of nothing and the other one was like, wait a minute. They both live in the same community. They ran into each other, like, and to be honest with you, this is where it gets. This is where the whole Brady thing gets. And people call it in the question like is he acting as an owner or is he part of the media? And where it is that? Where are the boundaries? Like, but anybody can Hey, we live where we live, we shop, we go out, we see you see people.
Speaker 3: Ah, you know, yeah, who's to say they're not just friends? Right, who's to say they're not just friends? And yeah, like they just happened to live down the door and they were talking. I mean, I know, we just saw something with Rob Polenka and Nico Harrison after the Luca trade. The photo of them came out supposedly at a coffee shop but yeah, I can't. Has anyone seen the photo though of Schultz and Rapaport at the coffee shop yet? Because I want to see the video. I want to see. Give me the security footage. I'm sure there's security cameras and a Starbucks. Can we see it? Because I think some of the listeners over here Jay, they want to know who would win in a fight. Man, I couldn't tell you. I've never seen any of the one on fight. But we can put odds on it, we can bet on it.
Speaker 2: For that too.
Speaker 1: One of the things that surprised me when I was covering the Super Bowl and I got to see, like I Scott got a picture with him and Ian Rappaport and the same and I actually got a picture with me and Adam Schefty. I was surprised that they're not as tall as I thought they would be. And so I think, you know, when we when we sometimes see people on air or on set, they're normally sitting down, they're behind it, and you don't necessarily see not that you have to be tall to be a good fighter or anything like that, but I think you get you have this perception maybe and and you picture them because a lot of times you're just hearing their voice and stuff like that, and you don't see him standing next to other people that I think that makes it very interesting. I was just surprised that they weren't taller than they actually, but they are.
Speaker 3: I think I've heard that about Schefter before that, Yeah he's not as tall as you would think he is, or something like that. Yeah, he's like five six maybe or so five eight, five six, five.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe five. I don't think he's five eight maybe five six, because he was just slightly taller than me.
Speaker 2: I did think Jon Candy said that Candy is like Chevy, no.
Speaker 3: What I'm over, I'm I'm five foot two.
Speaker 2: She didn't mean it, Manny. She didn't mean manny. Patio shit mean.
Speaker 3: It five to one hundred and ten pounds, soaking wet.
Speaker 1: Oh you guys are funny.
Speaker 2: You guys are Danny Patio was like five eight something like that, five seven something like that. He can still fight though, didn't mean it, Banny.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, oh that's what I was about to say to Candy. I'll throw it back to you. So have y'all seen about the John Rocker and Patrick Mahomes Senior fight. That's supposed to go down. So yeah, maybe we can just get Rappaport and Chefty maybe they can be the undercard or no, not Schultz and Rappaport. We can just get those guys to be the undercard and then you can have John Rocker and Patrick Mahomes Senior follow it up later on in the evening.
Speaker 1: That is funny.
Speaker 3: Those two really are supposed to fight. If y'all haven't seen that video, I highly suggest checking it out as well. John Rocker and Patrick Mahomes Senior in New Orleans. As a matter of fact, Kenny, I'm surprised y'all weren't there. I'm surprised you didn't see it. They almost got into a street fight John Rocker and Patrick Mahome Senor.
Speaker 1: No, I did not see that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're in the super Bowl correct. Yeah. Yeah, highly recommend y'all check that video out. But yeah, apparently they're gonna fight and box, So yeah, that.
Speaker 2: Was what that was going on. They're probably on Bourbon Street.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think, well that I think that's where they were. If if they weren't on Bourbon Street, they were somewhere close to it, because yeah, New Orleans ain't that big kind of big, but it ain't that big.
Speaker 1: That's funny. That is funny. Okay.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, I'm pretty I'm pretty sure they were both inebriated. Yeah. Check the video. Just go look at the video. It's it's pretty good. So we'll just get Rappaport and Schultz. We'll put them as the undercard and they can do get out.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, it's time. Unless you guys have anything other topics you want to quick bring up. I was gonna head to my town. Let's do it. Okay, mister j D. Why don't you lead off?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'll be happy. Yeah, you gotta take it real quick. That hid by the way, Hey Ben, appreciate you being here. You got here just in time for Furman basketball. So last night they absolutely smoked the Citadel. I looked up one time it was twenty eight to seven. Looked up another time it was thirty one to seven. Tom House. He is the only player to shoot more than five to three pointers in one game and make all of them. He had nineteen points. He was six of six from three point range, first ever Furman player to do that. Garrett Heen hit the one thousand point mark last night. He also has five hundred rebounds, two hundred and fifty assists, and he's played there for five years. He's been very loyal to that program in a day where it's hard for players to be loyal. He was babysitting the basketball, he was given the game ball, and in the press conference. If you check my page, you can check out the interview that we had with Heen and coach Bob Ritchie after the game. But they bleue Citadel away eighty five to forty two. And we have the SoCon Tournament coming up this next week. I will be there in Ashville to watch Furman and Wafford and Mercer and East Tennessee State and Sanford and all of these wonderful teams. And to be honest with you, this is my hot take about my hot town for the evening. The SoCon deserves to be a two bid league if one of these teams that isn't supposed to win the tournament gets the automatic conference bid by winning the tournament. Furnman has a seventy two percent win percentage, as does Chattanooga and Stanford. They all have won seventy two percent of their games, and so one of these teams will deserve to get into the tournament even if they don't get the automatic bid. So can we please make the Sokon a two bid tournament and I'll throw it back to you.
Speaker 1: Guys, Bensman, what's happening in your town?
Speaker 2: The Pittsburgh Penguins win tonight five to four against the Philadelphia Flowers. They are slowly creeping up on the standings, but they need to get more wins together. They lost last night to the Philadelphia Flyers. They went played back to back, lost one win one. I just want to get wins under my belt. Mik Solivan, I don't know what you're doing at Pittsburgh. You played USA, you had a stacked team. You took that team to the championship. I covered that the whole four nations. You did good against USA. Put this team together so you can beat the Pittsburgh USA team. Just do something that puts Pittsburgh back and bring joy back in our lives in sports.
Speaker 1: Please, So, I guess previous on the previous Sports Exchange it was a hockey themed show. Well, my parting shot. I have two of them and they're both hockey related as well. The first one is if you guys are at all interested. Over the weekend. The Red Wings are actually gonna be playing Columbus Blue Jackets at Ohio Stadium at the Horseshoe, So that's an outdoor series. I think that's pretty cool if the NHL is doing that, So those of you that want to see that and watch it. For those of you that live back in my hometown, back in Milwaukee, you know that there's an NHL. It's an AHL team, the Milwaukee Admirals, which they're affiliated with the Nashville Predators, but they're known as the Milwaukee Admirals. On Friday night, Tomorrow night, they're gonna be known as the Milwaukee cow Bells. They are gonna attempt to set a world record on Friday for the most cowbells rung at one time for the second time this week. The Admirals will take the ice. Friday is the Milwaukee Cowbells. The team hosts the Iowa Wild at seven pm, and we'll try to set the record during the game. The team said. The world record attempt will take place during the media timeout after the ten minute mark of the second period. The current world record of five thousand, seven hundred and forty eight was set back in two thousand and three at Missississippi State. According to the team, the first six thousand fans to attend Friday's game will receive a cow bell courtesy of Pottawatomie Sportsbook. The Milwaukee cow Bells abbreviated rebrand began on Tuesday night and featured more cow bells specialty jerseys inspired by the twenty fifth anniversary of the famous Saturday Night Live skit featuring Will Ferrell. Those jerseys are available for bid, be a silent auction and will be given out by the players to the winning bidders following the game on Friday.
Speaker 2: You got a couple of questions.
Speaker 1: Why would a team in Waukee be called the Admirals? Oh, now you're asking me questions, and I'm not sure I know the answer to where did they come up with that name? Let me see, let me do a little better research.
Speaker 3: Off the top of your head. While you do that research, Candy, do you know what the capacity of the stadium is? Since they were offering the I think you said six thousand cowbells.
Speaker 1: The first six thousand are gonna do it.
Speaker 3: Let's see, so they would have to be probably nine thousand. I would say ten thousand possibly.
Speaker 1: Let's see they play, it says from places, so I got to see where they're playing.
Speaker 2: San Diego, could be the Admirals, not Hawaukee.
Speaker 3: Hey, well, we don't. We don't know what we don't know, Jay, I say that all the time, man, people, Hey, don't Hey, don't worry. There's receipts on Google. We'll find out while they'll call it. I guarantee you there's a reason they just didn't pull that name out of nowhere. People that do marketing and stuff are much smarter than that. Believe you me mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Let's see.
Speaker 2: Sh Mickey wants to know if do you get cowboy hat as well?
Speaker 1: No, no, sorry.
Speaker 2: Mickey, no cowboy hat as well, just a cowbill.
Speaker 3: Let's see.
Speaker 1: They play in the Panthers seat. The arena seats as many as twelve thousand, seven hundred, So that's how many the capacity of the stadium that they're playing in right now. They're playing in there what's called the UW Milwaukee Panther Arena, which is formally the Mecca Arena. Uh, it's downtown. It's not too far from the Feisser Forum. But let's see, after a household of plants, I don't know how the Admirals got their name.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't find it either, I'm looking. I know they went to the Admirals after their first season.
Speaker 1: Right, they were the Wings before that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, correct, and then they I think, and I think they have probably changed from the Wings.
Speaker 1: Because it's too close to the Red I would think, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: Let's see, you had a pretty good history though. They've won seven AHL titles. Their most recent was last year twenty sixteen, twenty eleven. Yeah, that was some division titles for the seven. Yeah, they won one calter Cup, three four. But yeah, there's literally nothing about why they're called their admirals. Maybe Jenny, take your three or four million dollars and hire an investigator.
Speaker 2: What guys do that? What? Then? What are you talking about? Best fambies? As far as what what are we talking about?
Speaker 3: Ben? I don't know what Ben's talking about because he just asked me who's my team? And Ben knows who my teams are? He over, you're tripping. You know, I'm a game cock, I'm a panther, I'm a brave you know all this. Ben, don't be coming here playing dumb. You know, you know, you know you.
Speaker 2: Know, Jay said, Ben's tripping.
Speaker 3: Yeah, obviously Ben Ben Ben tuned into my show. He knows I'm a panther, a game cock, he knows, he knows, he knows. Speaking of game cock, so hey, they're they're winning against Ole Miss and the biggest college baseball rivalry in the nation's charts tomorrows it has the entire place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't see where. It just says that it was renamed in nineteen seventy one when Bill Chimo purchased the team. But I'm gonna keep looking at Maybe I'll have to follow up with that on the next episode. A fire up, guys.
Speaker 3: I'm sure there's a reason there has got to be somewhere. But yeah, it might take some investigative reporting. I think he can handle it. Candy, I think that's a Scott question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if it's even as a Scott question. That should should be I should know the answer to this question. But I'll keep looking it up. There's gotta be a way, there's gotta be Okay, but oh, Ben's asking a question.
Speaker 3: The Miami Hurricanes. Okay, I don't know. Yeah, yeah, he knows he's asking the wrong person. Man, He knows I don't pay attention to hockey. I try, I can't see the puck. We talked about it last week, Ben, bro you stop tripping, Ben.
Speaker 2: Ben, I'm the hockey man. He can't even see the puck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but hey, if you're if you're regarding the hockey or the Miami Hurricanes, the Miami Hockey. Caines the Miami Hurricanes. How about that story where Cavender said she didn't have anything to do with Carson Beck transferring to mind said blindness. That's good, that's funny.
Speaker 2: Jay.
Speaker 3: But yeah, Haley, Hannah, Hailey, whichever twin he's dating, she said she had nothing to do with Jets.
Speaker 2: Hold hold on, hold on, Now he's got me fired up. The Jets don't need a President's Cup. The president Cup is whoever gets the most points of the season, and the way the Jets are going, they deserve it completely. Come on, Ben, what are you thinking? Ben? Mhm? It's whoever wins the regular season and points. The Jets obviously deserved it from start to finish. Ben is cooking right now. I cannot see the puck, but I love hockey. Mickey says, may.
Speaker 3: Not try, I got but I gotta see. I'm a baseball player, so the whole concept is to keep your eye on the ball. So I'm constantly trying to watch the pup.
Speaker 2: And that's fine, Ben. They can. They deserve it. They just don't want to win the Stanley Cup. That's fine, okay.
Speaker 1: So whoever said back they were whoever said it was after a brand of household. So the Milwaukee Admirals hockey team was named after a brand of household appliance is sold by one of the team's investors. They were originally called the Milwaukee Wings. In night teen seventy, Irwin J. Mirror, an impliance store owner, bought the team. His best selling appliance was the Admiral refrigerator, so he thought the name Admirals would help him publicize the team. The Admiral's logo have always had a nautical theme to it.
Speaker 3: I said there was a reason. I didn't say there was a good one.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, everything's how, everything's how it should be. Hold on j D. Everything's fine how it is when you win to Stanley, when you win the Stanley Cup, it's Lord Stanley. When you read when the regular season, it's the President's Cup. That's how it should be. That's how it's always will be. Whoever wins the regular season is the President's Cup. Work if you win the playoffs, it's this Lord Stanley Cup. That's how it should be, and that's how there's no way of changing it.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, let's you should have done a station break a long time ago. Let me let me plug some lessons from the Self. Florida Tribune Publishing Company published a book, Lessons from the Microphone, Tuning into the Entering Wisdom of Visionary Leaders. It is written by my husband, Scott Motor City mad Mouth Morgan Roth. It's available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kindle, Google and Apple Books. It's also a link on our website www dot self Floridatribune dot com, where there's a link for that book. There's a link for our merchandise store, and there's a plethora of great information and great articles, even some good photos, if I do say so myself. So go check it out. And JI know it does not have the Rogers photo, because I know you're going to ask that next. But if you want to advertise on any of our shows, you can call Scott nine five four three oh four four nine one. If you want to be a guest or have show ideas, you can always email us at self florad Tribune at gmail dot com. Wherever you get your podcasts, you can find us and we're here. You're Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday nights. Monday nights we talk baseball, Tuesday nights we talk football. Wednesday nights, you never know what we're talking about. Thursday nights we talked hockey on Sports Exchange, which was the previous show, and on Fire Up we're fired up for just about any topic. You just never know what we're gonna come up with. So with that being said, JD, how can people find you?
Speaker 3: You can find me at Southern Fried Sports JD on YouTube Jay. If you're not subscribed, make sure you hit subscribe. Ben, he asked, who's from Florida? So I am fortunate enough to be able to come on and contribute with the South Florida Tribune, Candy and Scott and Pensman. They're also gracious to have brought me into this thing. No, I'm not at Bobby's barbecue, but I'm very close to it. And yeah, it's time to go eat some tacos. But make sure y'all hit subscribe if you can on Southern Fried Sports South Florida Tribune, and I have a new game cock page on x that's right there at the bottom of the screen at GSM underscore game Cocks covering everything factual and maybe an opinion or two depending on what the opinion is on that page. And again, just thanks for having me here. I appreciate you guys.
Speaker 1: So Ben, I just want to kind of clarify. So I'm originally from Wisconsin, the Milwaukee area. My husband Scott, he is originally from Detroit, but we live in South Florida around the Fort Lauderdale area. We cover the Hurricanes on a regular basis, and we have this network and we have a host of shows either I host, Scott hosts most of them. But this one he calls my country club and that's where we're from, Pensman and tell everybody where they can find you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna laborate. But that's what makes fun. Go back to that one. Go back to that one where he but that's whoever someone's ever won the President's Cup and the Stanley Cup, that's what makes it fun. That's the same thing with the NFL. You win the Lions did this year. They were the best team and they had their buy. The Commanders come in and they beat them. So that's what happens. Same thing with hockey. You win the President's Cup, you get beaten in the playoffs. You're just not prepared enough in the playoffs. You're prepared in the season. So that's how it goes. I'm the hockey man, but I'm Pensman Sports. I'm on YouTube at Pensman Sports. You can follow me on x at Pensman Sports.
Speaker 1: Awesome, awesome, let's see. Yes, Penman does great play by play. I appreciate everybody that's been in the continent that's been commenting and listening, and I appreciate both of you guys from coming on and talking sports with me tonight.
Speaker 2: I think this is the most chat that's ever been had.
Speaker 1: Some days that yeah, but yeah, get the like and subscribe for everybody, And I would say not only the South Florida Tribune, but everybody that comes on and as guests on our show, most of them have their own YouTube channels. Please subscribe and like and tell everybody, tell all your friends about their shows as well as our shows, because that's why we were here is we want to get more subscribers. We want to get the word out and talk and have fun like we did tonight. So both of you guys coming on tonight. Everybody enjoy the sports this weekend. There's baseball, there's college basketball, there's NBA, there's NHL. So there's there's a lot happening, even if in the NFL Combine, if if you're at all interested in that as well.
Speaker 2: So everything, and where's the race this week?
Speaker 3: Coda? Yeah, sir man, you think you didn't think I was gonna know? Did you? A lot of people actually, I don't know if you guys saw this or not. So they cut out like three quarters of a mile half mile of the track, and everybody was asking about the layout because they literally go from turn six to turn twelve, and everybody couldn't figure out how NASCAR math worked. And so yeah, the chorus numbers they stay the same. They just eliminated part of the track, so turn six leads to turn twelve. I don't know about it really all that much yet, but we'll we'll find out when we go racing on Sunday.
Speaker 2: There you go, there's NEASCAR on Sunday, and he puts up all some shorts. I put up shorts on Sunday, So watch for the shorts on Sunday.
Speaker 1: There you go. And we keep putting up little videos that we've taken from Super Bowl, our experience there. We put up a great video last night. We did a show with about the Wounded Warrior Program and how the NFL supports veterans and the Wounded Warrior Program and.
Speaker 4: How there was a couple in how she she had PTSD and she was very depressed, but how the Warrior Program kind of saved her.
Speaker 1: And so I would encourage everybody to go out and watch that video in that interview that Scott does with them. But again, thank you everybody for being on the show. Thank you j j I for yeah it doesn't share, Yeah yeah here in that jay I. Thank you all that were in the chat room. Thank you JD and Fensman for sharing you know, a little over an hour with me and talk in sports. Everybody, enjoy your weekend and enjoy all the sports that are out there.
Speaker 2: And everybody, we'll be back next week.
Speaker 1: We will, yep, everybody should be back next week. Than