Speaker 1: Welcome to the Cult of cryptis Strange of counters, of frogs and lizards, dumb my nick children, DoD Man, Bigfoot, Mockman and all their victims. Murray pictures captured by shot witness, ufloes breaking laws of physics, Pictures of aliens.
Speaker 2: Carving the high rogue lyphics. This is the bizarre world that we live in.
Speaker 1: So sit back, relax, laugh and listen because we're here to talk about some cryptics.
Speaker 3: This is Tom Thompson Castenos the Raptilian from Strange Group Podcast, and we're here I called the Conspiracy to talk about some bizarre and strange things.
Speaker 2: So strap in for this wild and hilarious ride.
Speaker 4: Now to the show.
Speaker 3: Everybody, the curtains are open. We're chucking tickets at the door.
Speaker 2: It's about to get strange. Everybody. What gun I'll never kill? What gun? Oh? Why? What the fuck is a vegun? Oh? A vegan. It's not a gun, though, it's a person. That's stupid. All right, let's do it. Who that expensive whiskey? Doesn't taste that expensive? Just chugging your beard, all right? You know what tastes like crap?
Speaker 4: That's really bad whiskey.
Speaker 2: It's over one hundred bucks for that whiskey.
Speaker 4: So what's going on here?
Speaker 2: Do you want to worse more expensive? Yup? So what's going on? All you hose heads? Are you gonna keep it?
Speaker 4: I forgot?
Speaker 2: I forgot? Okay? So, uh, this is our Same Patty Day special. Welcome to Stranger Podcast.
Speaker 4: We're filming this.
Speaker 2: Yes, for all the fans. If you're losing listening to this on audio and you want to jump over to the YouTube, type in strange with podcast and then and then you're watching it. Yeah, as well as listening. It's like a two first yes, and you can watch us and have fun with us on this very special Same Patty Day episode. You know you got we're all dressed in green. I got blame Blank, I got Jamison, Irish whiskey, I got Guinness, we got fucking beer, we got kill bag and expensive whiskey. I kind of what he cares like the jamis nobody cares what you have. I know they do, though, nobody. Hey, fans, do you care what we're drinking on? Or does it not get? Do you not give a ship what we're drinking?
Speaker 4: It sounds like I I don't. I don't think it bothers me that you mentioned what we're drinking. I think it bothers me that the way you say it sounds like a brag. It's not.
Speaker 2: You're like, look at that, buddy, I have a job.
Speaker 4: I can afford this whiskey. You got nothing, You're fucking bumming streets. He's like, buddy, I got so many of those whiskey bottles in my fucking hut back cone under the bridge.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna do something special. If you if you listened two years ago to are the Forgotten episode. If you guys remember the Saint Patty's Day episode that we did cover about two years ago, you are a true fan and that was a massive ship show when Jess was still raud.
Speaker 4: Fun though it was so fun. We fucking hate this hat man.
Speaker 2: It's hilarious though. All right, we're talking about how.
Speaker 3: Are you.
Speaker 2: My lep there's like probably like six or some ship. There's many different because it's all stupid fucking folklore that's passed down by the's drunk like a lepre like a leprecaun. At the end of the day, yeah it is. We're going to Orland to talk about the liprecuns. Let's get her there all right, went.
Speaker 4: Straight new Fie. I guess Newfoundlands like eighty percent Irish really, yeah, like that's that's where Ireland. A lot of Irish immigrants came. Yeah, when they came to Canada.
Speaker 2: Why they were easy to walk any first.
Speaker 4: It's literally exactly like he's not making fun of it. That's actually truth is they they found Newfoundland, They're like, oh fuck, yeah, let's set up shop here, We're done, and they just fucking plot their goddamn ass while everyone else is like, Okay, well we're gonna we're gonna see what else is here.
Speaker 2: So for all the people watching and listening, uh, catch this on YouTube because this will be our last video or film that we'll do for a special for a while because mostly it will be transferred to Patreon down the road. But we will still do some fun YouTube specials randomly. But I just found it funny that we do them with holidays. It's like, I think we need Halloween, Christmas, Balnceized Day and now in Saint Patty's Day.
Speaker 4: Too, just a green strictly, what the Patreon is is every holiday episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we kind of we're building out the PA you're on right now. So this is uh, thank you for the followers. Yeah, thank you for the the one guy we got so far. I love you, dude, Yeah, appreciate it. Yeah. So we're gonna.
Speaker 4: Starting one and then it gets to two before you know.
Speaker 2: Now we're building up right now, so and we're this is what we're trying to start.
Speaker 4: There's not even any videos on there. Please don't go do it yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we say building out there though, But like we we support all, we enjoy all the fan support when it comes to buy merch and all that ship. So we're gonna get into Leprechauns. This will be a fun drunken one, that's for sure. I got whiskey going, I got beer going, we got.
Speaker 4: It all going, all going, Canadians.
Speaker 2: I guess we should just bring it into the episode with a little Leprechaun wrap coming from the land of the Iron Face, from the Hero's Eye to your place on the matter. Come to no good? Yeah, they stole it, come to do oh, they stole it Leprechauns.
Speaker 4: For the ones that first said that that, Oh I was gonna be a joke. Never mind, I.
Speaker 2: Can't take you serious. I'm gonna I'm gonna go into this, all right for everybody listening. Billy was wearing a stupid, stupid le Watch you watch the fuck YouTube, all right?
Speaker 4: Look at that ship, man, I feel like I was. I'm about to go fucking ask some sixties girl she wants to tango with me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Hey, baby, you want to go do some disco? Just came out? Baby, you want to go fuck off and not even go to the dance slore and do some heroin, but.
Speaker 2: Be more like you want to go dance and do some cocaine. And we'll dance for five hours and the night glub will be shut all down and we'll just go home and I'll try to bang you, but my dick won't get hard.
Speaker 4: No, but you'll say no and I'll go.
Speaker 2: So let's get into it. Some sources would suggest that though we folk commonly known as leprechaun or clergyicon have inhabited Ireland since before the Celts arrived around five hundred BC. Other sources suggest that the word leprechaun may be derivative from the Irish version of leith Horgan whatever it means shoemaker. I'm the Sorry to the Irish listeners, but I'm gonna bunch.
Speaker 4: I can't get these fucking headphones on.
Speaker 2: Man, squeeze it on. There, you got it on. It kind of hurts. He gives a fucking kid. So there's many different names for a leprechaun, and the kind of definition of like a leprechaun and where this came from was supposedly by Patrick de Nan. For example, it's the leprechaun is the pigmy or pixie or sprite. So essentially leprechauns are fairies, as we've talked about before.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know what I just got to actually like and tell me that you can at all see that this is actually plausible to where all this came from, because I can one hundred said, see, this is exactly where these stories came from. There was one story about a leprechaun that stole somebody's gold. Yeah, and then everybody tried to retell it, and the one guy would be like, that's not how it went. He'd be like, fuck you, you don't know because he's pissed drunk, he's getting his story mixed up. And then he's just like he just kept making alternate versions in every drunk asshole that got his hands on the fucking story went, Now this is what happened.
Speaker 5: I was there and then I stole his gold, or like maybe this is what Maybe this is just a fucking short guy that just fucked the dude's wife and just fucked off stole his wallet and he's like that motherfucker.
Speaker 2: So. Other sources suggest that the earliest record instance of the word leprechaun and the English language at least was sixteen oh four, when the comedy play The Honest Whore Part two had a scene in which reads as irish as your irish lubricant, the spirit whom my preposterous charms, thus thy haste raised in the wrong circle. It's an old fucking place.
Speaker 4: And we talked about the Honest hour before.
Speaker 2: Last time probably recorded this what we did you think?
Speaker 4: So, yeah, I was gonna say, because I remember exactly saying doesn't that contradict itself? I was like, Okay, well maybe it doesn't. I was like, you can be slutty and just being like, yeah, you just like fuck every single dude and just just after you fuck them, you go, just so you know, I fucked your dad and your brother like literally earlier this morning, yep, and dad and the brother are outside the fucking room. They're like, not bad, eh, Okay, it wasn't bad. I wish you just didn't tell me that.
Speaker 2: So Lubriken or the log mayor the log her Man's or other derivatives of leprechawn. These words that where we led to calling them leprechauns is from these words, and obviously, like plays and stuff in everything cares, it just kind of carries on. David Russell mcanal.
Speaker 4: That is not his fucking name.
Speaker 2: That sounds like a mc.
Speaker 4: It sounds like a.
Speaker 2: McNally. That's not his last name.
Speaker 4: Is mc a n a l l y, McAnally, mcca. It's not as cl is it. It's McNeal, is it.
Speaker 2: Mcconnolly. No, it's McAnally.
Speaker 4: No, because if you separate, it'd be McConnelly. No, yes, it is. It's Irish. It's mcconnolly.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 4: It's gotta be because it's not like Mick. You just say the M and then you say the rest.
Speaker 2: Mcconnally, mcconnolly, mccanally.
Speaker 4: I don't think you accent the like that's fucking hilarious. It sounds like a McDonald's side promotional item.
Speaker 2: But so it would suggest that the lepper card is maybe the son of an evil spirit and a degenerate fairy like human what humans are, it's it's neither good or evil. It's kind of a mix of both, like human nature is. You remember, we're it's like everybody remember Richard Ramire said which one quote which one? We are all evil and we are all good. I'm not one hundred percent evil, but I am evil, you know. So it's like, you know, we're.
Speaker 4: All Yeah, Well, buddy, I think I think he did a little.
Speaker 2: More than Billy did. Hide in closets, but he never popped out.
Speaker 4: No, I just nobody even knew that I was there, Like next morning.
Speaker 2: Is breathing to sit there in the closet. But I didn't even peep on him. I just like to be in said, you didn't even pee in there? Like I just even that too.
Speaker 4: No, I never they would never have known any would you like to spy on the most Honestly, you you're a fucking psychopath. I guarantee, I have one hundred percent guarantee if I could have a camera when nobody's around you, You fucking ballerina dance down this basement, maybe screaming pitch Perfect going I am.
Speaker 2: Justin guess what, I've never seen pitch perfect or pitch Perfect two or pitch Perfect three whatever.
Speaker 4: I love how you know that there's three? All right?
Speaker 2: So other sources that would suggest that Leprechauns are smart, devious little things that would do almost anything to evade capture all over oiland however, there are different descriptions of the leprechaun. These range from having a long red jacket with several buttons on it each side, a short red jacket with seven buttons on each side.
Speaker 4: So there it is side. You mean, like they're doubled, like going down like you know those jackets. Yeah, like double jacket. Okay, well Santa also has that jacket.
Speaker 2: So and the thing is to h when we're talking about this stuff, like, it's weird that we celebrate with green when it comes to St. Patty's Day, We're all wearing green, and we got fucking green everywhere during the filming of this, And originally leprechauns are dressed in red and red's my favorite color. Actually, he's green, Actually your favorite color. Yeah, Red's my favorite color. And they used to wear red.
Speaker 4: Well, actually, to be fair, green was my favorite color all growing up, and then I had about an age where I'm like, wow, I'm a grown ass man. I shouldn't have a favorite fucking color, and I really don't. All colors kind of look nice that I read, and that's all I like, because you're a fucking child.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a very mischievous and intelligent population of Ireland. Leprechauns are noted for their smart dress and red beaches. Breeches. Breeches, I guess breeches is like I spend suspenders and ship with black stockings and not underwear. Maybe yeah, breeches, I guess. I noted as noted prior a red jacket with filled with rough around his neck with frills around the wrist. He also dons black hat. But he looks like fucking guy from a Shakespeare play. Yeah, no, he looks like fucking prints. He's got free Shakespeare. Yeah, yeah, Shakespeare too. Oh yeah, the big puffing arm. I was gonna like, Prince went out. Yeah, that's good going. That's why, Prince God, you're a fucking kid. Don't you say one word about the motherfucking times. You're kind of like what he's wearing. I don't like him. Yeah, he's too flamboyant.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you would be fucking straight up. You should have been born in like two thousand and six. You'd crush it as a fucking gen z.
Speaker 2: I think you would. You get offended by everything? When the fuck have I ever been offended?
Speaker 4: When's the when's the last time you heard me go in private? Not on camera? When I'm trying to pander to an audience, go, wow, that's too far. It's usually like, hole, billy, do we need to call the cops on you right now?
Speaker 2: So I'm not gonna do it. Yeah, that's true, just set off so to set off his nice the clothes. He also wears a silver buckle on his belt, with silver silver buckles on his ankle length boots to match. But he's straight up. Is Santa Claus? Santa Claus a midget? A midget?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I can't say what the fuck am I allowed to say anymore?
Speaker 2: Little don't know, dude.
Speaker 4: I grew up and all these words are fine, and now nothing is.
Speaker 2: Okay. You can call them confused, you can call them we folk. Okay, that sounds so much worse. I gotta call them we folks. That sounds way worse. Oh yeah, look what we folk there, And I learned Ireland, Ireland go down there, and midget was just so specific trying to look for porn. I look up midget porn, not dwarf porn or little people porn that would come up with little people porn. And now you're like, you got the f p I on you.
Speaker 4: I didn't mean young.
Speaker 2: I just meant it's little, very short. So so he's got he's got nice like silver buckles and stuff, and he's got like nice little boots and little little booties and stuff to match. He's about three feet tall, leprechaun cuts and alluring, charming profile, perched on top of the shoulder of his human host, which sounds like Leprecauns use humans and it's be like, you know, as their host, so they chilling them like. But the thing is, at the same time they try to trick them. So you know what I mean, Oh, I guess uh, it probably wouldn't be that hard. Yeah, if you had like then, especially we'll talk to you later.
Speaker 4: Are probably so fucking stupid even now. People are still even big of now like how dumb people are. And we have the Internet, where like they could literally teach us anything and we're still absolutely fucking brain dead. But I think about back then, like with no education or nothing, people were probably just all absolutely fucking stupid.
Speaker 2: So and I guess they use humans kind of as a travel companion, especially when they come I think from the inner world. So that's why they perch on top of their shoulders and all that shit like that attached to themselves. To certain principled Irish clans, leprechauns are known to move abroad with these descendants, so they do use humans as kind of a way to trap. It's just like getting on.
Speaker 4: A giant your legs so much longer than mine.
Speaker 2: But I feel like that you have magic, their magical creatures. Couldn't you be like, I'm gonna I'm in Canada now.
Speaker 4: Oh that's teleportation. Just because you know how to do a couple of magic tricks doesn't mean you can teleport.
Speaker 2: I guess probably just magical tricks. So the leprechaun will mostly be found working on shoes, tink ting, ting, ting, ting, ting, ting, ting, ting, ting, ting ting, make this little shoe here for you. It's so cute. It is cute. Shoes and ship. He's either has a wizened face or a fat, prissy round face red from drinking protein or moonshine. He drinks moonshine. A little fucker drinks moonshine? Is that like a potion? A potein protein is a potent something? A vodka, potato booze. It's vodka. It's booze made from potatoes, vodka semi. But but can you make moonshine from potato? I don't know what that is? In all descriptions. However, he carries a magical wand ready at hand for all purposes. And it's funny because we don't really see the magic wand when it comes to leprechauns. Yeah, like I don't remember seeing.
Speaker 4: Well, it's because now you're now you're starting to talk about Harry Pool.
Speaker 2: We know all about Harry Potters, the real story that was based on true story. The eighteenth century Irish poet William Anglingham.
Speaker 4: Describing Shakespeare was like, come on, I'm waiting for him to make the debut.
Speaker 2: Somewhere here we can talk about Shakespeare later. I thought he sucked his cousin wanted well, probably Growland Poe fed his fucked his thirteen year old cousin or some ship. Oh dude, what was that thing that you posted about Morgan Freeman? Oh yeah, that's actually like, that can't be true. According to Bill at Work, Morgan Freeman has sexual relationships with his granddaughter, but she wasn't actually blood related. The adopted her. And how young was she thirteen? She was sixteen at the time when they got together, and he was like how old I don't know, forties or fifties. Yeah, And I was like, not, Morgan, No, that can't be true. Morgan has one of my favorite fucking quotes in the world. You know how to end racism? Stop talking about it. I don't know a white guys saying that?
Speaker 4: So who knows that?
Speaker 2: So? Yeah, So this is this is why it comes so the original like word that it comes from. With this play in the sixteenth century, then we traveled to the eighteenth century where Irish quote William Anglingham describes the appearance of Leprechaun as a wrinkled, wizened and bearded elf, spectacles stuck at a pointed nose. So they're wearing glasses because they're looking so careful, fucking yeah, choking on He.
Speaker 4: Probably got like super goggles too, like the goggles at the end.
Speaker 2: Like the Spy kids thing that like he clicks it and then like zooms in.
Speaker 4: Really fuck they probably not like that, but it's probably just those those goggles that are one size and.
Speaker 2: That diamond like that people. Yeah, yeah, so yeah, he's got spectrols on his point oh, silver buckles on his shoes. As we said, it says on his hose. I don't know what that.
Speaker 4: Means on his hose, all his women, I got all these on the hose.
Speaker 2: Got a leather apron like his fucking leather face, and a shoe in his lap, and it's weere he makes shoes in his lap. That's how he's got a leather apron like his leathered face. Yeah, leather face always wore leather apron or leather apron. No, it was man as humans probably, but it was probably just.
Speaker 4: Like a like a apron like around his waist just so the ship didn't get on.
Speaker 2: Yeah whatever he was. Yeah, and this is his description in the of where we get the mainstream main stream is that mainstream leprechauns? Yeah, I guess so. Yeah, so well known further Bury Treasure thought to be hidden at the end of an Irish rainbow. They are self appointed guardians of the irelands ancient buried treasure, and this is thought to be left by the Danes as they plummeged and pillaged obviously almost like the Knights Templar where they went around they fucked with everybody, yeah, and stole their gold. So they trusted the gold to the leprecauns, like you guys, take care of this stuff. We see we see you, we see you there. You doing good work. Here's a bunch of fucking gold. And if you protect we'll get you a bunch of hookers.
Speaker 4: Oh that's nice. But if I don't protect the gold and I take it, I could probably get more hookers than you're gonna give me. Yeah if you think like that though.
Speaker 2: So typically burying the treasure in crocs or pots deep in the Irish countryside.
Speaker 4: A fucking crock pot.
Speaker 2: No, not like a like.
Speaker 4: Are you talking about cooking pots? Right? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like crocs?
Speaker 4: Oh no, you're talking about literally, yeah, like a witch's croc like that. That is what a le pot of gold is. Yeah, is those those big ass pots?
Speaker 2: All right? Before this gets warm, let's crack the fucking Guinness, try.
Speaker 4: To shake it up a little bit and no, you no, not unless you're pouring it, you fucking idiot. Oh my god, that's annoying. Oh my god speaking to Guinness. I saw a TikTok the other day and it blew my fucking mind. This one guy was like.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, guys, did you know that there's a ball in Kansa Guinness and then takes it out.
Speaker 6: You want to take out the ball, but then the fucking TikTok like prove it or not?
Speaker 4: Guys, Yeah, actually made a video trying to prove it that it was real. And I was like, but that's what I mean. I'm like anybody who's ever held a can of it, I'm like, do you not feel that there's something in there?
Speaker 2: If you have a stupid strange podcast.
Speaker 4: Or Billy I do storytime now, story time and then I just I just tell you ridiculous things that my mother taught me when I was a kid.
Speaker 2: And there they're not okay, all right, So obviously they they credit themselves for having kept these hordes safe for centuries. Like all the gold from the Danes. They regard humans as greedy, foolish creatures that are therefore not worthy of knowing where the treasure is buried, nor of course worthy of having access to the loot, which is extremely true. Humans are greedy, selfish pieces of ship. That's getting the mood of Ireland. Let's get let's go, let's get back in this. Yeah, you go, get some music, Let's go.
Speaker 4: If I drink enough whiskey, my girl friend won't be mad at me, and even if she is, I will know because the fud.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Okay, do you want to shot off? Jamison?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: That was good. I had to get a little Celtic mood there. Turn off.
Speaker 2: That was good. That was a good song. Don't We're good? All right?
Speaker 4: Stop? I don't want to shot come on later.
Speaker 2: So obviously like that humans are greedy. They're greedy creatures. They think of humans as greedy, foolish creatures, knowing where the treasure is buried, nor of course worthy of having ex slute. They don't want to have anything to do with it. So if caught by human, the leprechaun will promise great wealth if he is allowed to go free. Therefore, the leprechaun always carries two leather pouches because there are a bun two fucking liars. Yep, that's all they are. Yes, they definitely are. In one, there is a magical silver shilling which returns to his purse cute every time it is out. That's the cut per and the other pouch he carries a gold coin, which he only uses in very difficult situations. For example, if a human catches the leprechaun, and so he has one one coin, one purse, one purse with a coincident, and then if you take it out, it always reappears back with the leprechauns Oh sweet, I'm get rich. And as soon as you take one out and you're like putting them back and you're putting them in your fucking backpack or some ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the second like you let go of it to reach your driving, the.
Speaker 2: Exact it back over and over and over again, which is.
Speaker 4: Kind of cool. So like that guy could literally pay for anything in his entire life is with that one coin, as long as it only cost that one coin. If that coin, I hope costs like a million dollars because he could just keep buying things that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that comes back you put in a vending machine.
Speaker 4: But I don't need change, you keep it. You just put this right in your tail there.
Speaker 2: But so then the captive will give the human the gold coin. The human will immediately let go of the leprechaun that's the other pouch, so supposed to be like here's like gold coin and he lets go you and oil and behold. The coin will immediately turn into ashes and then blink of an eye, the leprechaun will vanish. So the humans human must not take his eye off him. It almost is like, so the sneaky he is, they're they're sneaky, sneaky, they're they're they're vindictive, sneaky pieces of ship. That's what they are. And it's interesting that they do that. They have these like small like almost like spell charms, you know what I mean that like kind of they fuck with you. That's that's what lepreqns are. They literally fuck with you. Oh, I thought it was gonna be more upbeat.
Speaker 4: This seems like a lepre slow dance, where like he'd move his hand down her back slowly and.
Speaker 2: Just like hope he drives the boobies or the bump bums. Booty, that's what I meant to say, the booty, I said the boot. All right, So there you just did both. They play the fiddle and the harp, and they're well known for the musical talents. The harp is kind of they play fiddles and harps. Fiddles are fine. They're well known for the music talents. I know. They are known to have wild music sessions at night. So everyone's fucking like sorting coke and sham. Yeah, this kid is going. It's like freaking ship.
Speaker 4: You feel like if the cops come, we're just smiles smiles of coin.
Speaker 2: It's known as Celious, with hundreds of Irish lepkrons gathering together to dance, sing and drink protein.
Speaker 4: These motherfuckers that kind of like, what's that? What's the native of jump.
Speaker 2: Jumpble? That was like a jump jump Wow. But it's funny. That's where we get all this tradition from. And the fact is Irish people also don't give a ship that all around the world celebrates a funny like a fun way of drinking and stuff like that, and like a.
Speaker 4: Lot most Irish do you really think of it take a lot for us to be like, okay, wow, we can't make this about drinking, buddy, I mean Christmas about drinking.
Speaker 2: So they love having like parties and getting drunk. And that's funny. Why this is what's based on this whole culture of having Saint Pattie's Day and both of us working in bars and stuff. Guess what I always booked off Saint Patty's Dy because I didn't want to fucking work when I was a cook. So they never do, however, become so drunk that the hand that holds the tiny shoehammer becomes so unsteady that the shoemaker's work is affected. So these motherfuckers are so good at their jobs that they're they will get they will have parties, they will get fucking wasted. I don't think they'll get ed.
Speaker 4: I think they'll have like a sip of a drink and they'll be like, if I have more than that, i'm gonna shake.
Speaker 2: I better stop drinking. I want to see a party of like a hundred leprechauns. They're three feet tall, so the size of like a little gray alien or something like that, and I want to see them all drinking and then just like you just like pour it, like you'd like here, have a shot. You hand them a glass like this, and then they're like trying to hold it with their little hands because I've also it says three feet tall. I guess, okay, that's tiny ship. I was thinking, h.
Speaker 4: Three literally half of me okay, No, I was thinking they were smaller though.
Speaker 2: I thought they were like very side three feet were like like this I'm talking about like a munch people are on the audio. Three feet yeah, like a like a small like a little person, like right here, a little person. I just want to mention that I thought too, they were like more or less like fairies in folklore, so they were.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, I would think like maybe like a like a maybe.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought, that you could see them like running around. They're like little tiny fuckers. Man, that's what I thought.
Speaker 4: Three feet that's like that's that's okay.
Speaker 2: We gotta we gotta, we have a fu it. I might even talk about we have a famous Scottish fan that loves this ship Shadowed Terry, but we need an Irish fan to explain all this ship to us, and I know there's people from Ireland to listen. So my brother's death. If you don't know, what do you guys know about Leprecas? Are we being uh insensitive Danny's dad was born in Dublin. Really, that's pretty dope. Actually, I actually feel like I know what Irish do when I used to work at an Irish pub, but who cares? So I just found if they would get, they would drink and they would do all the stuff, but they would never let it affect them, for like their tinkering. So other source suggests that on the west coast of Violin, where the Atlantic winds bring constant rain and winds, the Leprechauns would dispense with all their frills and favors of a freezy coat. A type of plaster were to protect his smart suit and his hat. So his very nice dress so he would wear something to protect it. He's also so protected by the overcoat that a person would pass the leprechaut on the road and not even knows he was there. It's almost like the invisibility cloak and hairy corner.
Speaker 4: True storm, shut the fut, I'm not going down this road.
Speaker 2: The Leprechaon family would be split into two different groups. The Leptons would be deemed to be hard working folk with principles and occupation as shoemakers and tinkerers, so they like they were tinkerers. So anyone that dared to say different, Uh, they actually were using a derogatory word if you called them something different. So we already did already.
Speaker 4: But they're they didn't like if you.
Speaker 2: People lens are super.
Speaker 4: Sensitive, I'm saying any short person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I guess they're exceptional in the realm of the fairy world as they're only fairy who have a They're the only fairy folk. I guess because we talked about fairies. I love talking about fairies. The fairy episode was fucking hilarious. But because they have a trade, no other fairies actually worked. They're like, we go to work every day, we working on the hustlers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're fucking hustler pieces like I was gonna say, pieces of ship kind of. That's pretty much what they are.
Speaker 2: Tinkerers are. In fact, they make metal, their metal boot makers and trades people have a great ability to mend and fix things. Whether they're cousins. The clergecons are very different caricatures characters. What are the clergicons too enter into the world of the leprechauns drunken cousin The clergecon clergicon meaning cobblahr kon shoemaker so Leprechauns are essentially tinkerers that make shoes and tinker and fix things to mend them and make them like better and to fix things, while their cousins are more or less shoemakers that get drunk and don't focus very well.
Speaker 4: They're like, this shoe is gonna be really good if you have like nine toes on one foot, and I made it more every toe. I don't know why I did that. I really hope somebody pies us from me.
Speaker 2: Leprechauns are also highly embarrassed by their drunken cousins, and they are known to h totally disassociate themselves from them, not even acknowledging they exist. You know that ant that you don't mind.
Speaker 4: You know what that is a piece of shit family, man?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, they're the ant that you don't like.
Speaker 4: Fuck them, the ones that fucking cut themselves out. I don't care what that ant did. That's your fucking family, and you treat them with respect.
Speaker 2: I don't care. You can choose your friends, you can't choose your family.
Speaker 4: Right exactly, and you appreciate your family for who the fuck it is. Yeah, that's your family man, all right.
Speaker 2: So leprechauns are highly embarrassed by their drunken cousins, and they are known to be like totally dissociate themselves from them, not even acknowledging their existence. The clergycons are my fucking favorite, though, because Nicholas oh oh kearney, do you? The nineteenth century folkloris in eighteen fifty five describes the coach con as another being of the same class. He is jo red faced, a drunken little fellow, and was ever found in the cellar with a brim full of tank called of wine in his hand, singing away merrily. Any wine cellar known to be haunted by a sprite was doomed to bring their owner a speedy ruin.
Speaker 4: So is the one that literally just went on the wine ruin it? Oh, I knew it, but this is from what I'm trying to explain it as.
Speaker 2: Well, touching the.
Speaker 4: Not the that like walked in and like broken everyone's wind.
Speaker 2: Yes, the clergy coon do do that. They literally like well like they do do they will fuck with you. If the clergyicon mistreated in any way, they will rehab it on your home and your wine cellar. So they're born hypocrites. They steal everything.
Speaker 4: Inside hbody the hardest.
Speaker 2: Take my wife, no, my wine cellar.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Literally, if they see a dishonest servant or human drunkard, drunkard, so they see a drunk human, they will torment the victim by jumping case to case to follow him or hurt.
Speaker 8: So so you have a wine and this guy's jumping from and fucking with them essentially, and that's what they do, is that these clergy cons will fuck with you and drink all your wine.
Speaker 2: You'll come down stairs and you'll see this little wee man or I don't think the three feet I've heard there's like they're like the like everything exaggerated. So I would think should be the size of this bottle. That how I would see them like tall enough where they could hide and not be seen. With the size of.
Speaker 4: A mickey, person could hide very well and not be seen.
Speaker 2: Very well.
Speaker 4: It would it would I would just go around, dude. My my sight of vision only goes down.
Speaker 2: Imagine sometimes you open the.
Speaker 4: Door and I'm like, oh, Tom, you're you're there. I gotta look down like you're not towering. I'm like, I'm like seventeen.
Speaker 2: If you were six foot seven, I would maybe be like, all right, but you're not tall. But remember in the Urban Legends episode where we talked about that like clown statue and it was a midget standing there. They're just like froze. Yeah, they're not sure, Like how the fuck is pretty? They're kind of like born hypocrites, and they will jump and they will torment your victim if you're drunk. The funny thing is they get drunk. They're a bunch of idiots that get drunk and they will fuck with you so like, which I find is finny. They are like literally bitter little monsters. They will go against you based on everything you do. But there are the best way to keep them happy and on your side is to keep your liquor cabinet well stocked. Make sure you keep that shit stocked.
Speaker 4: But like how much money might because if they're like clearing out liquor cabinets, like how.
Speaker 2: How I know how much do they drink? For such little people?
Speaker 4: Because no, but like I'm saying, how stock do you have to keep it? See, like I wouldn't be able to go to the fucking liquor store fast enough if.
Speaker 2: You fucking don't small. Just take one little little puff.
Speaker 4: I don't get I can't really tired, just want like, just like if I start falling asleep, just fairlyhale it it.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's it. That's all you get. That's it. It's funny if you get tired off of that.
Speaker 4: Podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're smoking and enjoyed because they're supposed to be a fun wine in one. I want to fuck around with a little bit. But it's like you have to keep your ship well stuck because you want to keep them drunk because then they're like not gonna be as mischievous. I guess that's how drunkn they like. I don't wonder. I don't understand.
Speaker 4: They're clearing out wine cellars cellars. A cellar indicates if you have a wine cellar. I'm going to say off the top of my head, that indicates you have a minimum of fifty bottles of wine down there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, you'd have to have a lot of wine.
Speaker 4: That's going to be a minimum to have a cellar. And that that's a man mom. You know sellers usually have more than that.
Speaker 2: Springing All his friend's name Mike Yo Jerry. You hear about this guy, Uh, what's an Irish name?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: You hear this guy O'Brien, O'Brien. O'Brien's got a bunch of booze man his friend. You come down to Damien's an Irish name.
Speaker 4: It is, that's where my brother's stats from.
Speaker 2: Kind downstairs, and then you know, there's all these little people and that's why I picture them like tiny little fuckers. They're all on the wine barrels and they're all drinking. You come stairs, like what the fuck? And then it's a Gulliver's travel where they're like hitting you with spikes and like pinning you to the ground, you know, golf.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But like, okay, so let's talk about like a normal wine cellar. Though, So like I'm saying fifty if you're like, if you're like I own a wine cellar and you like wanted to brag about it, and you needed enough wine down there to call it a cellar, you put about fifty bottles. But I went down to one of my friend's house his father had a wine cellar, went down there, and I'm gonna say, like what he had down there was the two into maybe four hundred bottles of wine fu yeah, I'm like.
Speaker 2: A wine zone. I think it was about like sixty seventy bottles.
Speaker 4: Like that's a lot.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a lot that a sixty seventy bottles can fit in. Like he used to make his own wine.
Speaker 4: That can fit in like three cabinets. If you have like a cellar, like a basement cellar, and it's full, you're talking like hundreds of bottles of wine.
Speaker 2: My grandpa used to make his own wine. Nice to steal it. Hey, you don't need you know, you don't know he's dead now, you don't know at all, you know, actually.
Speaker 4: He knows now he's with yours, I know.
Speaker 2: And they like they would literally like fuck with you. And if if you didn't treat the clergy con well, they would end up fucking with you so much that they end up destroying your like your ship, they would destroy your lives. And if a clergyicon are mistreated in any way, they watch your recabin on your home and your wife's like we said, yeah, but they're just they're just like dicks, like there they're they're dishonest. And whether or not a clergyicon is a distinct species or a fairy, there is no they're related to whatever leprechauns are, and uh, they are just leprechauns on a bender every night. The Leprechaun family, however, would reject this notion, and they actually, by fact, they don't even mention the clergy coon in the same breath. They're like, they don't, we don't know them, We have no idea who they are. We don't, we don't know.
Speaker 4: Do you imagine being such a piece of shit family member? Yet literally as a family member, the fact.
Speaker 2: That they won't even acknowledge their drunken cousin that is like way worse than they are, is like fucked up.
Speaker 4: Which that that's a big thing too, Like everyone has that family member, right, and there's there's no harm in being like, huh, yeah, that's my fucking cousin, and you're like, that's him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a fucking character, all right, he's a character.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like we don't get along that much, maybe we don't talk that much, but yeah, that's my cousin. But to be like, I don't know, I don't know, Yeah, you're a terrible fucking person.
Speaker 2: So in the country of Cork, for example, the clergyicon would appear to haunt the cellar of a Quaker gentleman called mister Harris. What do they mean, Quaker gentleman? That's what I was thinking, is Auaker gentleman. I was gonna say, it makes one oatmeal.
Speaker 4: Ya. It's like it's like every child may have bowls of maple syrup and brown sugar. Sorry, maple syrup, brown sugar and cinnamon, that's what it is. Or no apple cinnamon.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, cream Okay, yeah, that's that joint. Definitely got me stones, dude, I'm fucking high. You took one little I don't smoke weed.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you. I just said the words.
Speaker 2: Yeah you did. I hope you stay focused right now. So this is stop handing. I gave you one little puff. I don't smoke weed. I told you. Okay, so let's get you keep.
Speaker 4: Telling telling me to stop doing that. You've got that.
Speaker 2: I'm also drinking straight. You want some ship drinking straight to smoke joints. So apparently the cook So this Quaker home boy, whatever that is, I'm gonna start calling people Quakers and I'm like, you're a motherfucking Quaker. You know that?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Okay, Well be careful because that might actually mean something. We don't know what, so we're gonna look it up and.
Speaker 2: Start screaming at the alexia. Where the fuck we need to start having? No, I keep it, would leave a meal for the clergy con for his uh, for this service. The clergy con would manage the cellar. He's like organizing his fucking wine barrels and ship. He's like, all right, so we got the the dark musky wine over here, we got the sweet raspberry wine over here. We got our sprits over there. He literally kept he fed him and would have a good meal paid for him.
Speaker 4: That nice description of wine. I liked it.
Speaker 2: I don't know. You explain why to me. I'm not a connoisseur. I have a whiskey connoisseur and liquor. You hate liquor, all right, tell me it's not even that I don't even think.
Speaker 4: Okay, to be fair, I will, but starting point, I'd like you to explain to me the difference between Irish whiskey and an American whiskey.
Speaker 2: The way it's it's Captain Beryls. That was that? I love that guest. That was a pretty good guess. That was a pretty good guest, was it? No?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is the way it's fermented, but not quite.
Speaker 2: So they will have it on your cellar. And this one home boy that for some reason they called him a Quaker. I don't know why. But his name is mister his name is mister Quaker. His name is mister Harris. But he's a Quaker gentleman. So he wears a wig. Is that's what I think? If he means somebody that.
Speaker 4: Feed him.
Speaker 2: And this dude would manage his seller. That's why I lost my train of thought. He's managing his cellar. Okay, he's he's.
Speaker 4: He's managing it. So there's enough bottles for him to actually spend a.
Speaker 2: Day down there, Like all right, okay, So Savant Blanc goes here and then we got the Pino Grigio here and he's like he's coming down. So he's like, what's up, buddy, how's it going? And he's like, oh, I got some meal for you. And he's like, so I got everything sorted out. What do you want tonight? What do you want it? Like? I would do that for a little a little slave, little man.
Speaker 4: I'm just okay, okay, So I googled it. Yeah, and just just for a fun fact, if you put what is a cute?
Speaker 2: It says, what is a Quaker? That's literally Google's.
Speaker 4: First fucking thing. I don't know if it's because it was listening to me or not. That could be thing that I put what is a que Quakers also called friends belong to historically Christian known formally as religious Society of Friends.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Members of the various Quaker movements are also genuinely united by their beliefs and their ability of each human being exemplant. Wow, I too drunk to say that word exemplatorary.
Speaker 2: Be exemptly Now that's a hard you know what, head, But you can't say we can't do this.
Speaker 4: You know, Yeah, there you got access in light within that God is in everybody. So he's pretty much a Christian, I guess.
Speaker 2: I don't like the religious aspect. Would beat me. I'm gonna start calling you a Quaker man. So we're just wanting. So he's hanging out with what, essentially, I guess to the clergic con is his friend, and this guy serving the clergicicon food to manage his wine cellar and hang out with him and be cool with him. Kind of yeah, right, So the clergicon would manage the cellar. On one particular night, after an exhausted day, the cook only left a small amount of meat some potatoes, and I guess that's it. There's some potatoes he just left. He's like, usual, cook this motherfucker a steak, like he's cooking for like he's in twenty like sixteen, cooking for his dog. I'm gonna, I'm gona and make a misteak because I got no woman in my life right now. Was that like how you felt me? Yeah? Didn't you had a dog and you were single. And she's like, I didn't cook. I'm cooking a steak.
Speaker 4: I didn't cook for me, and I would have if I did cook, but I didn't cook. I went to fast food joints if there was no fast food joints.
Speaker 2: Absolutely so, Billy's dog will die extremely soon.
Speaker 4: Me and my dog had French fries together.
Speaker 2: Prayers to Chloe Kardashian. You think a cook steak is good for you? Red Dog? Oh okay, we're not getting into.
Speaker 4: This because it was a nice name and it was already given this so.
Speaker 2: He obviously apparently the cook would have his meal for the clergy coon for his service. And one day, you know, we only fed in potatoes, so and raised the clerg con.
Speaker 4: Yeah you get so he enraged fam he.
Speaker 2: Raised the clergy coon, and that marched upstairs and took a bewildered the bewildered cook. So all of a sudden, he's like, what are you doing on my wine? So I thought you were organizing this is my kitten. I thought you were goask in between the Sovan bank and the Pinot Grigio. I thought, I thought that's what we're doing. So he marches upstairs, all angry and dragging her because his wife downstairs or I guess it's it's supposed to be mister Harris, but it says that he drags her downstairs and starts beating her. Oh, so he beats the guy's wife because missus, mister Harris. So this leprechaun, I am strong because obviously obviously this uh obviously this story he literally obviously because it's a kind of an old dated story where it's saying that the female cooked and made the food and the guy just brought him down and started like feeding the leprechaun or the clergy con too. So when he only gets potatoes, the clergy coon goes upstairs, drags the wife downstairs, beats her, and then the husband, mother fucker just get crazy. And the husband was so enraged that he was determined, determined to get rid of this clergy can out of his life.
Speaker 4: You know what all I'm thinking, I can't stop thinking about it is how desperate of some man was to keep his family when he was so boring.
Speaker 2: He's like, wait, I'm interesting. Let me tell you the story.
Speaker 4: And this is where this came from.
Speaker 2: So it's like, I swear to God, I'm not a drunk all the time. Yeah, I know things that you don't know. Let me tell you. You know, you know why I was downstairs for so long. I was organizing the one something. Do you see how this penal green next to savon blanc, the only two that I can remember, next to the red wine. And then there's the white wine. And then we have the kind of p looking wine where it looks like someone's peepee, and we have that over here, and then and we have this other wine that is kind of red wine, but it's not.
Speaker 7: And then he's like, oh, you're talking about pp You're talking about ice wine.
Speaker 2: Ice wan. I don't think I recognized by color he goes no, wait by color and then and then is the Leprechaun doing the older clerkgicon during the whole time, and he's just like, nothing's room, watching hockey out the window because they didn't have TV's back then. So seasons you think they had hockey just choking? All right, what were you gonna say?
Speaker 4: Say?
Speaker 2: Fun?
Speaker 4: Fact, they would never have ice wine either.
Speaker 2: They're downstairs. He drags his wife. The Lepkon drags the wife downstairs. Were only cooking potatoes. So this guy is pissed. He is mad, so he's out and rage and mad. He's a man. So try to get rid of the clergicon once and for all. Because at first, Homeboy's doing in favors, he's helping out with them, like I just blaze the joint. We're drinking, we're having fun for this episode, and he drags his wife downstairs. He gets pissed. He tries to get rid of him once for all. So having been told that if he moved beyond a running stream, which is crazy, he's like luring this clergy con and to be like, let's go and get him out of the get rid of the clergy coon. Mister Harris attempted to do it just by moving all the household furniture and this you mean, like, now listen to this, the cellars barrels of wine to a river stream because supposed to be leprechauns or clergy cons can't cross a stream of water for some reason.
Speaker 4: Oh, I thought you meant like he moved it all into the river so he wouldn't understand that he wasn't in the house anymore. So, which is so he moved his house to outside of a house across the river.
Speaker 2: No, he literally moved his ship. It is like literally taking your couch, your teeth and putting it right beside a river bed and be im like.
Speaker 4: This is right, I live. Now come get me.
Speaker 2: You can't get over it, can you can you? He's looking at I was like, step over the line, bitch. Come here is that river right there? You ain't getting across it? Because literally ridiculous. This is part of the folklore in the magic. Because however, the clue Jicon, knowing what was happening, He's like, man, they're trying to They're trying to move across that goddamn river. You know what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna wedge my fucking self, my little tiny body in between two barrels of beer. And that's why these motherfuckers at three feet.
Speaker 4: They're like three feet why are they carrying two barrels of beer?
Speaker 2: You he moved his wine cellar, because that's what No, I'm talking about all the barrels. He moved all the barrels his furniture from his home. But you would have moved it one of tas a ridiculous story. This is folklore. This is not a fact.
Speaker 4: If somebody walks down to his beer cellar, he's like, ah, there's two barrels. You're better moving it at the same time, because I'm the fucking false.
Speaker 2: Says the legend. Mister Harris attempted to move all of his household furniture and sellar, barrels and wine to across this river.
Speaker 4: And one goes and one goes the same time.
Speaker 2: Buddy.
Speaker 6: Just they're saying, yes, you are. You said he weds himself. You said he wedged himself in between two barrels. So that means both barrels would have been hadn't have been carried at the same time while he was inside of both of them. So somebody was strong enough to pick up two barrels of fucking booze connected and been like, I wonder what's and something?
Speaker 2: He never seems to get it. Get it? Okay, they had horses, they had donkeys or whatever. That doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: No, you don't get it.
Speaker 4: So no, nod, shit, I'm mad about this. He goes downstairs. He wedges himself in between two barrels. Okay, so now now the mister wants to come move the barrel and put it on whatever back of carriage of whatever.
Speaker 2: You had.
Speaker 4: Understand that, So he picks up both barrels at the same time. This guy's this guy's hall strength. No, I'm mad about this though. I don't like this because a lot of stories, at least you can't poke this bad of a hole in them.
Speaker 2: He was just having fun. However, the clergy gone new that he wedges off between barrels, and they began to move a wagon load of goods. See how you, Oh, you didn't know. You didn't know. You didn't know either, you you did not know. I just said they they're having a horse, they're having a carriage, they're having a wagon.
Speaker 4: No, you said, he I thought he wedged himself in the basement. You didn't even know that was the stuff already. Okay, but even that that means that means the horse again.
Speaker 2: That really be smoking, even a puff of a joy, that would be fair. I'd enjoy that that was a puff.
Speaker 4: But even that, that means the horse has to cross the river.
Speaker 2: It's going to be longer than the same path, the same, the same Valentine's desks.
Speaker 4: Are you making the horse cross the river?
Speaker 2: Okay? Yes, the horses can go in water. Okay, they like it, I would curgecon okay. He was himself in between barrels as he began to move with his wagonload of goods. Here the noise the clergyicon called out, here we go, miss master, Here we all all together? What shouted missus, mister Harris, dost thou all go? Also? Yes, Master, to be sure, Master, here we go all together. In that case, replied mister Harris, let's cart, the carts be unloaded, and we will all just be where we should be. Mister Harris died soon after, so literally he was like, let's just unload here, it is said whoever. The clergyicon still haunts the Harris family so says that he's carrying this motherfucker along and then he's like, I'm hiding here, and he's like, yes, let's let's go, master, let's go towards the like where we're going to hang out. Like this guy's little a little bit of a boost. It's like there's such little assholes, it's ridiculous. Like they will be like I'm coming along, I'm coming, I'm here, I'm here right now, I'm coming along. Yeah, and he wanted to unload him and kind of like, uh, where we are, We're just gonna let leave everything where it is, and then he died after like the curse. But there they can be merry and even quite charming. But they play pranks. The biggest thing Leprechauns and clerg cons or whatever. There's many different versions of seem like the biggest folklore. But how they play pranks on people, and they're usually unpleasant at times due to their excessive drinking and their short tempers. They have a little gauge or care for the troubles for others, so they don't give a ship about what I thought you said.
Speaker 4: They had a little gauge like like they pulled it out of their pocket, going like what am I doing today?
Speaker 2: I think I gauged by a gun? Like see me, you think I'm a little man. I got a gun that weighs ten times more than me. This is worth. The problem is I don't say anything, so it's like and it's kind of crazy. So they don't give a ship about the pranks they're playing upon you and your family and what's happening.
Speaker 4: Don't fuck with me.
Speaker 2: So unless you want your booze and your cupboard cleared out, I like my boots. I want to be the one to clear my copveroard. It's Leprecaun and calm Alex.
Speaker 4: That mother drank, yeah, a couple, but I thought he wasn't drinking, but he had a few, and then I was like, fuck that that's less than I thought I had at home. I'm an alcoholic. I came home to three beers instead of five, and I got.
Speaker 2: Mad at it. So toget in why the clergyicon are so it's bad? Yeah, that's bad. I got drinking invention right now.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: So the thing is they play tricks like they they're cleaning your cupboard out of booze, or they're turn your milk sour and your eggs are rot So they do slight pranks that will just obviously piss off someone during the eighteenth century, like you know what I mean, or like it went before they had TV, someone like has rotten egs. I guess we have to go to the stall. I'd have rotten eggs. I'd have a tempered tenttrum so his mother.
Speaker 4: He throw them against the wall and you'd be like, these are garbage.
Speaker 2: Now is how you think of cats? Right?
Speaker 4: That's what all cats should do is die against the wall exploding. They have been all cats that you love, because I'm coming for all of you.
Speaker 2: They have been known to harm large stack and we're talking still talking to the clergecons, the leprechauns, drunk cousin for anyone that doesn't know, and even people should have they shouldn't have anyone stand their way of their acts and debauchery, because the fuck with you even worse. And there's tales of even sheep and cattle falling ill and family members catching the pox. After maybe disgruntling Clergicon or making clergycon mad, you end up sucking with them so much where he's like, all right, well there goes your cattle. Uh, there goes the alcohol that makes you feel better when your cattle dies. Or you don't have money, so you you make your own booze out of old banana peels.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say a big metal toilet.
Speaker 2: They had outhouses at the time. That's what you do. You shouldn't.
Speaker 4: I always go to prison. Although the way I know to make.
Speaker 2: You want to get into it. You want to get into it. So all the clerk cons do is fuck that. They do it more than leprecauns do. But although we love Leprechauns in Canada and America because we have a lot of American fans, we love you guys. And quite often they're in commercials. There are cartoons, horror movies. Man, like we were just watching leprechauns like their breakfast cereals.
Speaker 4: It's the fucking I'm sorry, yeah, I'm sorry, you fucking gave it to me.
Speaker 2: This is all. The Irish find them to be brutes. Versions of the Celtic actual story that are kind of old and fun, like you know, Walt Disney. There is a film called uh Darby O'Gill or Derby O'Gill and the Little people received a critical representation after Walt Disney had actually went to a trip that Nazi guy. We all we all knew Walt Disney.
Speaker 4: Is whoa whoa what? Okay, so wait what they got recognition after Disney did what why.
Speaker 2: Leprechauns got kind of more famous. There is a movie called O Darby and the Little People, which.
Speaker 4: Is uh, actually around Disney.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's from I think that. I think it's like the sixties. I think I watched it. I've seen clips of it.
Speaker 4: It looks Alley's been around since the sixties.
Speaker 2: Uh, you know where Peanut Pan was made the forties. You know, snow White was made thirty like six. Yeah, but not like film like we know the cartoon I'm telling you snow White and the Seven Dwarves, the when we both grew up on watching ship. That's from like nineteen I'm probably wrong, but nineteen thirty eight or forty six, it's it's it's literally that's pretty cool though, Yeah, forty seven. I know that they were in the forties. Yeah, yeah, that's when they Well there's young Disney. I don't think ago to me. At the same time, it is only one hundred years ago. That there was a war with the guy with a crazy mustache and uh, you know, and preached a bunch of ships.
Speaker 4: And that, and now we have people.
Speaker 2: So that was nd years ago. So all this stuff happens, right, and then you fucked me up. So these clos can be married on pleasant Okay. So although they're like les are and commercials cartoons, there there is an Irish legend or whatever. Right, So Walt Disney's fucking film and it's essentially a fantasy, and like Walt Disney kind of turned this into what it more or less went to be today. Where we celebrated is now just getting loaded drunk. It's getting drunk and celebrating this holiday based on a bunch of folklore from Irish. I love it. Everything's always basic, to be honest, Irish people also brought over technical Halloween, so uh, carving turnips and ship tato fans. Yeah, well I guess technically no, but I'm not saying.
Speaker 4: Those are something all of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, No, Okay, that was I was saying. Okay, like Sam Celtic, I was saying, still Celtic. So okay. So unfortunately it was reinvented the Leprecaun actually changed its color and popular culture forever. And the movie this is why you have green while we're wearing green right now, why we're doing this episode and drinking and all the stuff is based on this movie. That this is why Walt Disney seems to change everything. We're like, hey, you want parents, that's why you got no parents. You don't get motherfucker everyone m Nemo Nemo? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is that Disney?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 4: I had to think about it. I thought it was for a second.
Speaker 2: Close, I thought it Pictar for a second. Pixar is Disney. Pixar is owned by Disney. Okay, well you know there are also two different things, so that.
Speaker 4: The same company's fine is Finding Nemo Pixar Disney?
Speaker 2: Yes? Which one? Everyone what the Pixar dream works is?
Speaker 4: The beginning of the movie goes either Disney or it goes Pixar Disney. It doesn't matter, It doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Wondering.
Speaker 4: Wondering is what Finding Nemo originally was? Was it Pixar Disney.
Speaker 2: Gets a ship?
Speaker 4: I just I'm curious.
Speaker 2: That's why this movie has been the kind of connected this old don't give a ship? Oh Darby and the fucking whatever the Leprechaun. This is attributed to why this is connected to leprechauns and Sat Patty's Day, even though the creatures have absolutely nothing to do with the Patreon Saint of Ireland at the estimated day. It is kind of like they made Satan or some demon part of Christmas just because they're part of the Christian Lord. Because the first recorded leprechauns appeared in medieval tales The Adventures of Fergus, the Son of the Leiti and other stories. Fergus mac Letty, a king, ends up passing out on a beach and wakes up to find himself being dragged to the sea by the lupercunpen, which we've talked about, like we know they're like they're like fairies. He then subdues his captors and grants them three wishes. So it's like a fucking genie. The entire existence of leprechauns is a cruel joke on humanity, and that's why you bring it back to this ancient shit that seems like they're fucking with you. That's all they are. Is the same way Loki leprechaun Loki. It's kind of connected like Loki is the mischief god of like you know, like Greek Greek's but like high key or low stupid?
Speaker 4: How you your.
Speaker 2: Culture in Icelandic culture?
Speaker 4: Do you think that's where low key came from?
Speaker 2: You're stupid?
Speaker 4: No, I'm not stupid. I'm actually asking a question. O Key, Yeah, you think like that's where that came from? Because like what what kind of ridiculous thing you can find an urban Like where would that ever come from? Is someone saying low key?
Speaker 2: The entire is a cruel joke on him? I know, I know it stripped me out, but strip out to just asking the questions. It's a question. Never gave him a hit of the joint. No, had know you shouldn't have.
Speaker 4: There you go. I hope you learned your fucking lesson, asshole.
Speaker 2: A pot of gold is held at the end of a rainbow, a place that's literally impossible to reach, because a rainbow is an optical effect that moves farther away as someone gets closer. Right, except if you get there, What if you got to the end? What if you brocket ship? I know, and it is a thing, even even because of things like fucking me beer. You want to hop house, that's not a Guinness. That's a Guinness, motherfucker.
Speaker 4: No way, really look at it.
Speaker 2: Oh ship, it is too. I never knew that. I never knew how I've drink.
Speaker 4: I've drunk, I've drinked.
Speaker 2: I've drunk that a lot.
Speaker 4: I never knew that was made my Guinness.
Speaker 2: I guess we made this no ship perfect, same Patty's Day episode, because it's good.
Speaker 4: We're not outrageous.
Speaker 2: It's just a little ridiculous and that's what I like, all right. So uh so, obviously, you know, the first recorded reference to Lapacaons appears the medieval tale and they grant through wishes like they're a fucking genie and they do all this cruel joking ship. So how it comes from is once you start getting into the ancient culture of this. The Thua Dia Dane are a race of pre Christian gods who lay and Christian piers were revealed as mortal kings and heroes. They hail from four northern ancient cities, the Gray just to prepared for the ass Finias, Gordias, and Buryas.
Speaker 4: Which they they all got as they're all fat.
Speaker 2: Which it sounds like, you know what it sounds like. It sounds like we're watching an Advengers movie and it's like you want to come to val Hala and go Togatha, Like.
Speaker 7: It's I'd like to go to that ass if you as I'd like to go so uh where they've got awesome superpowers.
Speaker 2: So it's literally like why we get leprechauns is if you go far back enough, it is the same way. And they do have an Avengers movie where giant creatures that look like dwarf creatures because what's his name plays them from Game of Thrones and he's a giant but even though he's a midget Mark no, Peter, Peter Drinkleg the name. Yeah, so you know things like that. So it comes from this this thing where their dwarf creatures and stuff like that, and they also accomplished awesome feats, like we're pracing severed arms with working silver plated arms and what that's like. That's like, oh my god, that's like fucking Mortal Kombat. Dude. That's like jacks Man, he has metal arms and ship or whatever you got you I'm scared because that's cool as fuck to me. All right, whatever, Because the new Mortal Kombat movie is coming out, it sounds like Jacks where they live that.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you said that to me.
Speaker 2: I was like, is that a fucking video gamer? Is that a goddamn movie. That's a movie. That's gonna be so cool. Mitch has been on this podcast once or twice before, and that's gonna be so he's super stoked for this. And so they they if you have a severed arm, they would make a mechanic arm for you, which is fucking dope as ship. This is the a hint terms of what leprechauns were essentially nowadays prosthetics. Yeah, yeah, it's true. So and they could also poison people with their eyes. That sounds scary. You're poisoned now, I don't want to look at you. Two cameras going on. I don't want to look at you anymore. But when they ran to the Messollinias peaceful enemies, they tried to drown them because the Messollinias were closer to their turf. So it's like, what the fuck us a couple of my block and get.
Speaker 4: Oh my fucking god.
Speaker 2: This didn't work and the awesome superpower of the thuead Dana were finally defeated. So these are just based on old folklore, the Greek and after their defeat the Messollinias, we're supposed to be divided the land between themselves and the awesome former superpower heroes they had in this land that could do all these crazy feats of fucking stupid And so they did cleverly was they kept the above ground part of the land and they gave the essentially the leprechauns and these people with magical powers the underground. Over time, the leprechauns were popping out from secret magical entrances to the underworld or the above ground world I guess now of Ireland, and said to be a remnant of the ancestors of the thueyd Dania, which Danny, I'm not going to pronounce this, that's exactly it's got to be what it is. So Leprecauns can kind of pop out these magical places in the blink of an eye. They just appear and it happens. And these are based on like the same way that Thor the thunder God is based on. You put it on, bitch, so the same way he's putting don.
Speaker 4: Like I'm gonna put it on because I want to.
Speaker 2: Put it on. So I I thought, like, you know, it is interesting because it's based like the same way me and Wan did talk about this stuff when it comes to ancient Greek gods. And that's a cameo right there by the way Viking. So we're almost done this when we can get into the fun fact of the day. So, uh, we got two little things about how do you catch one?
Speaker 4: How do you catch one? I okay, if I had to guess a big ass jar a peanut, but o, no, that's from a dog of I'm just kidding. Fuck you, asshole. You gotta catch a leprecan Pretend like you have money. It's like a gold digger. Just stand in front of the honey anyways, get in front of a Lamborghini, pretend like it's yours, even if it's not yours, and like just lean up against it like you know what you're talking about, and then be like and then have a have a really nice phone that you like rented from a Kiosk. Yeah, so like the leprechaun sees you, he sees a new brand new iPhone, a nice Lamborghini. He goes, what do you do for a living? And you say, oh, I'm CEO of Facebook.
Speaker 9: And then he goes I love Facebook, and then he and then he's hot, and then he's in, and then he's in your car, and then you lock the doors, and then before he knows it, your car turned into a nineteen ninety four Civic and you actually don't know.
Speaker 2: What to do with him, but you got him. He's in your car, locked doors. What are you gonna do?
Speaker 4: How? Some of those cars don't even unlock from the inside, like one of those creepy vans where like they only walk from the outside. That's how i'd catch the leprecaun.
Speaker 2: Okay, how would you do it? I can't take seriously and just keep it on.
Speaker 4: Though I'm not being serious whatsoever.
Speaker 2: How I would catch one. I would just have a bunch of like booze, like like you know, like little shot glasses, enough for the little cans can handle it, and you make the line and then with.
Speaker 4: The box.
Speaker 2: High five.
Speaker 4: That's how you used to fucking capture kids.
Speaker 2: By yourself. There I'm talking about like mister family guy. But yeah, you say mister Bean or something. It's like mister bean'school. He never heard no children. He's justumb all right, Jesus, So how do you catch one lens are skilled shoemakers and tinkerers, and uh, if you're like.
Speaker 4: I don't keep saying that what the skilled tinker?
Speaker 2: He's like, I tinker thinks I'm skilled. I don't like that fixed it. You have a shoelace that snapped, He fucking fixed it? You have I.
Speaker 4: I just don't like the word tinker.
Speaker 2: You have an earring that like is? I don't even I don't even know what they do really.
Speaker 4: No, but that's technically what they do. They just kind of fix literally everything. They're a handyman, that's a better word, not a tinkerer. I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: They're supposed to be good fairies. So if something goes wrong, they fix it for you.
Speaker 4: Okay, I want you to go up to a handyman and say, hey, buddy, how good are you tinkering with things? You'd be like, well, like, I can fix things. If that's what you're asking.
Speaker 2: There's old movies about it and stuff too. I can't take you seriously. If you're ever and you're still listening to the ship, please watch the video. Even if you.
Speaker 4: Listen, you're still listening.
Speaker 2: But we're gonna get into that in this it would have a fun fact. But I like, I'm trying to think if I like, it's essentially distracting them because they're so hard at work that you have to wait till you hear the little tink tink tanks underneath the ground and and then you can capture them because if they're concentrated in their work, you can actually capture them. Me religiously think about how to capture them. But they are magical because they can tell you're coming. So like that's why you have to catch them when they're deep into work. They're deep into concentration, so they're coming. Yes, Like the only person I can tell them I'm coming, my girlfriend, the same one. It's that same jokes, same jokes. Anyway I look at you, it makes me, It makes me smile, makes me laugh even on the sad. But it's just it just can't. It's just because I feel like I'm talking to a person that works with like Disneyland, and like like Walt Disney, take a picture of you. But like, okay, how would I I would think I would lead booze up to it. You're touching things at the touchscreen. Sorry, I would lead them up and I would have them I would distract him with booze and kind of lead them up to the trail of booze and then have like yeah, mayshift thing catch them, and then I would you know, you know you ever seen Gulliver's travels anyone seen, especially the original Disney ones? Fucked it looks very Disney, or the one with Jack Black yea. So they that would do him to a little person, I would like string him up and give me your gold. If he didn't, I would just keep flickings like belly as hard as I could him. It would be like a brick hitting his like a human finger to a guy like this big, like, how would you that? Would you be able to hit him? He's quick?
Speaker 4: Remember you tie him up, saying how are you gonna tie him?
Speaker 2: Catch him? You catch him in the bunny track. I got a better one. I got a better one.
Speaker 4: And if anyone can top this, make a wine cellar, act like a bitch, be like no, no, no, it'll make a wine cellar that's real. Dig a cellar in your own house, fill it with top shelf booze. Act like a bitch, pretend like he's actually bullying you, so he thinks he's winning, and then before he knows it, when he's chugging inside that wine cellar you had hooked up, you had a fucking gas hose full of carbon monoxide fuck seeping into it, and just before you go to bed one night, you crank it and the motherfucker doesn't know what hits them.
Speaker 2: That's paranoid.
Speaker 4: Oh that's a good laughing gas or whatever, it doesn't matter. Just fucking knock him out real quick, grab him and fucking smash his head like this cat whiskey. Anyways, So I'm not gonna kill pats. I'm just joking. I'm just joking. I don't want to kill cats all about.
Speaker 2: Essentially, you want to get them when they're like you can literally go to Ireland. You know what you can do in Ireland. You can find the hills with these leprechawns exist and you can listen just like put you in the ground and if you're little, like anyway, so other than that, one way you you find where that dang Dan Dan Dan ding is coming from.
Speaker 4: And then why you put your hand through the fucking snow?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wonder. I guess you're like, what if you funk up with their homes? Like a be home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then they all swore him because there's more than one.
Speaker 2: There's only one working. Yeah, but so how do you get all of his money? Stare him in the eye. So if you catch one, you stare him in the eye. A leprechaun one weakness is steady on the moving stare of a human. So you're just like stare at him and you wait. And if you were to catch him with this pot of gold in hand, he would freeze. Oh damn, Okay, but he's only frozen one.
Speaker 4: You're frozen, right.
Speaker 2: No, you catch him and you catch him. He's like says like that. I've seen that in fucking movies too. I feel like I'm not here with his golden hand. If you're able to make contact with him, it's very difficult to make contact. This is in quotations. If you're if you're unable to make it's very rare to make contact iconic with leprechaun. Since they're always dancing, playing music and playing practical jokes. They're so fat, so I'm saying they're not three feet. I know what they need the size of a can of beer. They need this big. They need a motherfucker like Billy. That's got adhd to be right on.
Speaker 4: I will be right up hopping with them twenty four to seven.
Speaker 2: Let's go, bitch, I will fucking shake you all day. Billy could hide a leprechaun in his foreskin, that's how.
Speaker 4: And that's how much I.
Speaker 2: Don't know.
Speaker 4: It's almost time we got more.
Speaker 2: Like literally, I said, let's go, but approach him long enough to g well, he's in your gaze at least to grab his gold and you can have the gold to be yours. You have to make icon.
Speaker 4: But remember they steal it automatically. Don't do that to me right now. Don't they steal that automatically though, like magically.
Speaker 2: You're supposed to like that. You want their gold, So you got to stare at them right in the eye and be like, you know, I'm ready, bitch, I guess so. And that's when I give I give up a full eye contact right like we're doing right now, and reach over grab his cot and keep looking at him because he's frozen.
Speaker 4: Right But you're well, you're moving, that's not I'm still staring at it. But when you're moving though, that's not unsteady movement. You're moving now, unsteady movements, like a deer in headlights.
Speaker 2: Remember, can we all remember right now? This is not real. This is not a true story.
Speaker 4: But I wanted to be his true story because I guess it's time.
Speaker 2: For billy fun facts of the day. It's a bit loose fun fact of the day. We've already drank too much in oireland, so let's get.
Speaker 4: To the I wanted to quickly look because there was a year on here that bothered me. Do you know when the Grammys were introduced?
Speaker 2: And why? Can I guess? Yeah? Nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 4: I actually thought you were gonna get a fucking good room. The Grammys were introduced in nineteen fifty.
Speaker 2: What do you know? Why? Why?
Speaker 1: Guess?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's utterly fucked up.
Speaker 4: A group of record executives were alarmed at the explosive attitude of rock and roll, and that's what they considered rock and roll back then was the Beatles. No, not yet, before the Beatles, that was considered rock and roll. And they were mad about that. So they invented the Grammys as a way to keep in their eyes real music prestigious.
Speaker 2: Do you know who was in the Grammys in the nineteen fifties, probably now right, I can google it really quick. I actually don't. I really want to know. That's actually great to me because like who won the first crime. I'm a big fan of the Animals. A lot of people like the Beatles. I like the Animals, and it shows how music progresses and becomes different. So if you don't have like people like the Animals and the Beatles, you wouldn't have the punk music and the air of rock that we end up getting, which ends up beating hip hop also too with just like different.
Speaker 4: Okay, well they hold up. They said nineteen fifties, but the first Grammy was awarded in nineteen fifty nine.
Speaker 2: So technique technic, technically.
Speaker 4: Almost sixty Yeah, the very first annual gram Oh I guess nineteen fifty eight. Wow, this one's different. This is Grammy dot com. So I believe this one. Grammy dot com, first annual Grammy. That's literally what I'm on right now. What's the website, Yeah, that's the website I'm on right now. First annual Grammy Awards in nineteen fifty eights was including Frank Sinatra was in the mix. Frank Sinatra was in the first Grammy award.
Speaker 2: Of course he was.
Speaker 4: But that was that was all real.
Speaker 2: So what was the what do you think?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: The contrary to that was like, what was the what was the music they felt to need to diminish to make that music?
Speaker 2: Man, I'm a big fan of music. What was rock music back in the nineties and even the seventies, but fifties? Man, that's like Frank Sinatra, Ben benk Okay, wait oh.
Speaker 4: Wait here, here's the whole like list, So nineteen fifty eight, okay, says first, even those first annual Grammy Awards in nineteen fifty eight. On May first, nineteen fifty nine, I was like, this is annoying. It's fifty nine. I think there was a type of including Fank Sinatra Junior or no, sorry, Frank Sinatra's original, Sammy Davis Junior, Dean Martin, Gene Anti Entree, Johnny Mercer, Henry Manche, and Andre Preven gathered for a black tie dinner awards presentation inside gathered for a gathered for awards presentation inside the Grand Ballroom of the Beverly Hilton. At the same time, other Academy members were gathering at a function hell News, New York City. The Grammy Awards were a formal event from the beginning and were much within keeping with the times. Come on, this is fucking cool.
Speaker 2: Anyways.
Speaker 4: Well as for Sinatra, he unfortunately didn't go home empty handed. He won his first Gram, of course, not first singing, buttherole he won. Sinatra won his first Gram for being an art director for his only the Lonely album.
Speaker 2: And exciting that. Oh my god, the grip. It's cool. He's not exciting for the fucking lepren episode.
Speaker 4: I told you. That's the biggest part about fun facts is it has nothing to do with whatever I got a better sound, It has nothing to do with what's going on. It's just fun fact from Billy motherfucker.
Speaker 2: All right, we had fun during this episode. Follow the stuff. There's plenty of merching and grab. This was just for fun and we were wanting to do this over again and have fun during the Leprechaun special. This is a lot longer than I thought it would turn out to be, and we had a lot of fun doing this, and we're having fun drinking and double fist.
Speaker 4: I thought done, I love you or done. Goodbye nightscrib I've let her count with you.