Speaker 1: I Mo Kelly.
Speaker 2: We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio Apple. We have a tremendous show for you tonight. Yes, we have a Metro update next segment. But nobody died, nobody got stabbed. I mean, to my knowledge, maybe someone's getting stabbed right now, but I don't have any information on that.
Speaker 1: But we have an update that the K line.
Speaker 2: Is going to be extended, and they're asking for input from.
Speaker 1: You and me.
Speaker 2: Oh, they asked the wrong one. I'll give them all the suggestions they could ever want. In an LA City Council might be gearing up for a fight with Mayor Bass over LAPD discipline.
Speaker 1: We'll tell you about that.
Speaker 2: And the LA City Council is also considering a guaranteed income for certain people. Southwest Airlines did you know, you know, for all the computer problems they've had in recent years, did you know that they're still running Windows three point one three point one?
Speaker 1: Do you know when Windows three point one came out? It was when Stephen was three years old. When were you born? Eighty eight? Okay, yeah, ninety two, so you're like three and a half turn four. Yeah. Windows three point one came out in nineteen ninety.
Speaker 2: Two, and there's so much more tonight, but before we get to all of that, and that's a great show back from his mini vacation is none other than the to Walla Sharp and it's a momentous occasion as he actually dared to go out on the water. Welcome back. I see you made it back safely. Go ahead and tell the people what happened or what didn't happen. Well, I did not get on that one boat that caught on fire. What are you talking about on its way to Catalina. We're talking about our boat made it to Catalina. And it was in the beginning, I will say. Looking at the water, I said, ah, blank blank blank blankety blank, and then another blank.
Speaker 1: It could be choppy going to Catalina.
Speaker 3: Yes, getting on the boat, I was tense, but I said, you know what I see? Children aboard this boat looked like scouts with backpacks ready for camping in Catalina. I saw the elderly, I saw all. I don't see even a pregnant lady on the boat. I said, damn it. Oh, your ego and manhood took over absolutely and I was done at that point, and I said, just enjoy the ride.
Speaker 1: And I did that water looked extremely deep.
Speaker 3: It was you couldn't touch the bottom. I couldn't touch the bottom, wouldn't even dream of it. But going wasn't as bad as I thought. I just took a nice breath and just chilled. And the trip out there was actually really really cool.
Speaker 1: Wasn't it like thirty minutes or so? No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, getting out there its closer to an hour, close to an hour to getting over there is about an hour, maybe a little more than an hour. It was sunny Catalene. It was really sunny, beautiful place to visit. You know, you visit, you walk around.
Speaker 1: It's like.
Speaker 3: Melrose on the island or Santa Barbara on the island. You know, just one main strip of tourists like attractions. You know, if you're into snorkeling, go, if you want to get on a glass bottom.
Speaker 1: Boat, go. Don't they have ziplining? They have ziplining. I don't know if it was up and running, but they have it.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't have done it, like I wouldn't have gotten on the glass bottom boat. There's enough getting on the boat pier. I only need a boat where the bottom is clear. Don't need to see that much ocean.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed my time out there, and one of the most exciting things was when we got to the docks and were ready to take off, I saw the very cruise ship that we will be boarding on the Labor Day cruise, the actual Labor Day cruise. I know we go to the Labor Day cruising and oce but no, this is an actual cruise on the boat I saw the actual ship.
Speaker 2: For those who don't know, Tuala has an aversion to water like I do. Bees, so this was a huge step for him. Huge to get on a boat. This was a boat a boat, and next month, right around no thirty days from now, will be getting on a ship as my family and his family will be, you know, going on a short three day cruise down to Ensnada.
Speaker 4: I have some important follow up questions. Yes, Tauwala, did you at any point where a pair of water wings with any kind of superhero signage on them?
Speaker 3: He had floaties he was wearing. No, Now, you know it's interesting. I did pay close attention to where where the life vests were on the little skipper type boat that we went out on getting there.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a skipper.
Speaker 3: It was a nice ized boat, but I thought about that the entire time. I constantly thought to myself, if if anything happens, like say, if this boat does, you know, hit a well or something, a pod of orcas and they try to attack, I said to myself, giant shirk that too. I said, make sure you get a hold of life vest for family, and if they're not enough, there are gonna be people who are beaten within an inch of their life.
Speaker 1: So I make sure that we failed it.
Speaker 2: You're going to make sure that you have a life jacket before the scouts.
Speaker 1: And the l olderly did you are damn right.
Speaker 2: Oh see, now you know how I feel when I say I will kill everyone in the room.
Speaker 3: If I said exactly in my mind, I said to myself, everyone in this boat will die. But so I can get to a vest, I said that to myself, I'm getting a vest. I think I stared probably at those benches more than I did the water, because that's where the vests were.
Speaker 4: The hell with the women and children. If there's a giant octopus attacking, you know what you.
Speaker 1: Have to do. I thought about the squids, Yeah, of course you did.
Speaker 2: I only would have been concerned if I saw Jason Statham on the boat. Other than that, I would have been fine, it's all bad. You know, Roy Scheider, he's dead. I don't have to worry about that. So but if Jason Statham showed up, it was like, yeah, might be a problem, big warning son in there. It's like I don't see any cameras well, welcome back to all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: Fun and I really, really and truly truly believe that that helped out in preparation for the cruise. And I believe you when you say I will fill it a lot less on the cruise because we felt when the boat left the harbor, because going out, you know, kind of tugs out, but once it leaves, it gets past like the little beacons or whatever. That thing takes off and you fell all of that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you won't feel any of that. You you will have to. You will be surprised when you realize, oh, we're moving. It's almost imperceptible. And if your stateroom is not near the actual engine, you won't feel any real motion at all. You won't even be able to perceive the motion unless you are looking out a porthole or you're on deck and you can see in the sea and then have a reference point to see the ship moving.
Speaker 1: It's only moving like maybe twenty twenty five knots or so, it's not that fast. Interesting. Yeah, so you have a good time. Yeah, I'm ready.
Speaker 2: I'm ready, and maybe next year we'll take Mark and Stephan absolutely not see.
Speaker 1: Look Mark, it's literally not as bad as you think.
Speaker 4: Uh, well, it couldn't be. I've got quite an imagination. I've got. I mean, I like to bust on you about being afraid of deep water, but I'm petrified of deep water.
Speaker 1: He's seen too many movies.
Speaker 2: How the hell can you be a lifeguard and be petrified of deep water?
Speaker 4: Well, there were conflicts. I had to jump in and save a little girl once, and I was really pissed. I had to get my hair wet. I'll just say that and move on. It's Later with mo Kelly. I am six forty.
Speaker 2: We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app and we have a Metro line update at it's connected to pun intended to the Hollywood Bowl.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Later with mo Kelly on demand from KFI AM sixty.
Speaker 2: Metro is taking public comments from folks like you and me, But they want you to comment on this new plan to extend the K line up through Hollywood. And if you've ever ridden the Metro, the K line is I think the which I think is the Blue line or something I don't know. I don't know which one is a K line, oh, the Orange line. All they have these proposals which would connect the K line to the D line, which I remember is the Purple line on Wilshire Boulevard, and the B line, which I knew was the Red line at Hollywood in Highland, and it could include a final stop at the Hollywood Bowl. On the surface, that would be a great idea. The Hollywood Bowl having its own metro stop, that would be great. I've taken the Metro to Hollywood and Highland, which is the closest metro stop, and if you've ever done it before, you walk up from the subway stop at Hollywood and Highland and then you have to walk up that damn hill to get all the way to the Hollywood Bowl.
Speaker 1: If the Hollywood Bowl.
Speaker 2: Had its own subway stop, we wouldn't have to deal with any of that stacked parking anymore. It would be great, assuming that you didn't get stabbed on the way. But that's a different story for a different day. But the logistics of it would be beneficial for anyone who wants to go to the Hollywood Bowl, which it's a great video. Then I started reading the other unfortunate details. Check this out the project. Let's say it was approved. The project is expected to break ground in twenty forty one.
Speaker 1: Wait, what.
Speaker 2: Twenty forty one, and it wouldn't be completed until twenty forty seven or twenty forty nine, meaning to while your children's children will be probably out of high school by then, so not finished by twenty forty one, starting starting forty one, starting in seventeen years. And that's if everything goes to plan and everything is on schedule.
Speaker 1: What makes a plan take seventeen years to start?
Speaker 2: Well, I think with this way, if you're going to provide comment in twenty twenty four for something which starts in twenty forty one, LA is not going to look anything like it is now. I mean, the whole world is gonna change in seventeen years, much less twenty four twenty five years from now.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: And that's been the problem with the subway system. Since the beginning, it's always been a good twenty five years behind schedule. And if we're talking about one or two new subway stops twenty five years from now, sorry, I don't know what I can really offer to the discussion. There's not even a likelihood I'm going to be alive by then, and if I am, I'm going to be drooling and incontinent.
Speaker 1: Wait.
Speaker 3: Wait, wait, This plan, which isn't starting for seventeen years, is already expected to cost two point two billion.
Speaker 1: Dollars in twenty twenty four money.
Speaker 2: To add two more stops, Not twenty forty one money, but twenty twenty four money to add two stops underground. With all the boring, I would rather they just do an above ground light rail like they have running down Crenshaw and it would take you right to the Hollywood Bowl.
Speaker 1: That seems like that would be much better.
Speaker 2: And it probably be less expensive, probably get it done quicker, and the world would be a happier place. But if I were to give my public comment on this outside of KFI, they are having some public hearings. There is one coming up on August ninth at Dorsey High School from ten am to twelve pm. There's going to be a hearing on Tuesday, August thirteenth from six to eight pm at the Pan Pacific Park Community Center, seventy six hundred Beverly Boulevard. And the third hearing is going to be virtual, and that's going to be Thursday the fifteenth from twelve pm to one thirty pm. And they list the zoom and call in number, So if you want to call in and give your opinions on whether this would be a positive or a negative for your grandchildren or your.
Speaker 1: Children's children's children, then you can do that. I'm personally tula.
Speaker 2: I think your kids should be on the call or going to these meetings because they're the ones who are going to be most impacted by it. It's not gonna be made. It's not gonna be Stephan and it's not gonna be Mark Ronner. Mark Ronner will be eighty five by then, eighty five?
Speaker 1: What lead me out of this? What's wrong with you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: But you will be I'm just saying it's a point of reference.
Speaker 3: Like there's no point of us even discussing or looking when. To me, this is almost like Metro not keeping it real. Like if you want to weigh in. They don't really want to know.
Speaker 2: There's no one who's who's working at Metro right now, who's gonna be working at Metro twenty five years from now.
Speaker 1: This is all about your descendants.
Speaker 4: So it's like those old sci fi stories of a multi generational ship. You're not getting to the destination, but your kids and grandkids might.
Speaker 2: I feel like this is the movie Passengers, and we're all gonna be putting cryo sleep and maybe we'll get to use this one day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the only way.
Speaker 2: Twenty forty nine. I can't even tell you what's gonna happen next year. I can't even tell you who's going to die on Metro next week. But I was going to be the one who's gonna show up at the meetings, Like, does anyone have any suggestions? Yes, you and the back please state your name him mister mo Kelly from KFI AM six forty Yes, mister mo Kelly, what do you have to say? Yeah, I'd just like to recommend keV larves and helmets for everyone.
Speaker 1: Thank you, good night.
Speaker 3: You know this two point two four billion dollars could actually go towards maybe funding more police officers. Now I think if Metro wants want suggestions and they have a budget in mind, let's fix the Metro system.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 2: And honestly, this probably wasn't even ready for prime time. But they have to break up the negative news from people like me, so they have to put out a press release. They have to put out something saying, hey, Metro is expanding. Hey, Metro's going to be bringing this to you in your town, and this is going to make the Hollywood Bowl more accessible for who when the Hollywood Ball maybe torn down in twenty forty nine.
Speaker 1: I'm not trying to be funny.
Speaker 2: Don't guarantee that any venue is going to be here twenty five years from now.
Speaker 4: Well, here's the bright side. They're selling it the wrong way. The thing is, when it's finally finished, this big project, nobody will be getting shot with guns anymore. We'll all be using laser pistols. No, yes, you's your hair quotes lazer. Yeah, we'll all be using ray guns.
Speaker 1: I honestly don't. Look.
Speaker 2: That's if it's on schedule, it'll break ground in twenty forty one, and if it's on schedule, at its completion, it'll be twenty seven, twenty forty seven to twenty forty nine. They're putting in a two year window in which it might be finished.
Speaker 4: We'll have Star Trek transporters by then. It won't make any difference.
Speaker 2: I hope, and and the whole town will be electric by then, right, it'll just be electric vehicles.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it'll be like Logan's Run. You can just call somebody up and have a quickie and send them away quickie. On the electric circuit, we talk Logan's run. Quickie up, quickie, the kind that's fast life, every type of quickie. Yeah, yeah, don't pretend you haven't seen Logan's Run.
Speaker 1: I won't tell. I don't know what you mean. I want you to, you know, be very specific. We're talking about the quikie.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of people who may not have your part of this conversation is in complete bad faith.
Speaker 1: And I think I think we should go to the news. Okay, we'll go to the news. Let me do my teas.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we'll talk about La City Council, how they may be gearing up for a possible fight with Mayor Bass, and also the idea of guaranteed income is expanding possibly here in LA.
Speaker 1: And let's see if anyone will get behind that.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: And if you follow me on social media at misterrom O'Kelly on threads, or you can follow me at Later with mo Kelly or at mister O'Kelly on Instagram, you can find a show on Facebook. I usually get into discussion about politics, but not only presidential politics. It just seems like people only want to discuss presidential politics because we're so inundated with the presidential race on cable news, which most people watch disproportionately than local news. And I usually start questioning folks like, do you even know any of the names of the people on your city council? Do you know what city council district you're in? Do you know if you live in a place in unincorporated LA which has any city council district responsible for it? Like me, I don't have a city council member, as I live in an unincorporated portion of LA, but the city council, mayor LA County Board of Supervisors, those elected officials have far more impact on me and you if you live in the La County area, then your president. Now it's fun to argue about presidential politics, but it doesn't really impact you as much other than just complaining and arguing on social media. But here are two things that I think you should take a closer look at and will impact you or your neighbor or someone around you, and you'll be hearing about it later on for things unrelated to it.
Speaker 1: I know it sounds convoluted. Let me straighten it out.
Speaker 2: LA City Council maybe gearing up for a fight with the mayor over LAPD discipline. LA City Council returned today from its summer recess and it's going to start considering trying to override Mayor Karen Bass's recent veto of a proposed ballot measure. The proposed ballot measure would change the disciplinary process for LAPD officers, including expanding the chief's powers to fire officers for misconduct. Now, this is something that I didn't know. LAPD's chief can only recommend that an officer be terminated and the ultimate decision. Final decision is left to the Board of Rights, a three member panel that serves as a quasi judicial body. The new proposal would allow the chief to fire officers outright for engaging in either sexual misconduct, fraud, excessive force, or abuse on duty, and some other things. And if you read that against the backdrop of news which is happening right now.
Speaker 1: I think Mark Ronner talked about it.
Speaker 2: I know Heather Brooker talked about it about the LAPD officer who was seeing on tape punching a guy who was in handcuffs in the face. That would be directly related to this. If the chief has expanded authority to be able to fire officers outright now. I can't speak to the specifics of that case, which is still going on. I can say I didn't like what I saw on the video. That's for damn sure. If a person is in handcuffs, I don't know if it's within department policy to sock someone in their jaw. I don't think so, but I'm quite sure someone will argue with me. But that's something which will impact you right where you live. The expanded powers, if it's allowed by the chief, and how that might impact law enforcement procedures, that's the first thing. Second, LA City Council, and I definitely want your thoughts on this mark is as much as you're allowed to. La City Council is considering expanding the guaranteed income program, but it would include abuse victims and foster kids. And if you didn't know, there was an original program which provided one thousand dollars a month for a year to thirty two hundred low income households and they're thinking about expanding that program. There was a motion today which would expand the program, which would allocate four to five million to help victims of intimate partner violence, domestic violence, and foster youth age sixteen to twenty four. Similar programs already implemented in Oakland Marine County, San Francisco, and Santa Clara County. If you've been paying attention, the idea of basic guaranteed income, universal income, however they want to call it, is not new, but I think it will be the future everywhere. If we think about this from the standpoint of automation, if we think about this from the standpoint of loss of jobs, and how there will be fewer and fewer jobs for people, especially on the minimum wage level, just ten and fifteen years from now.
Speaker 4: We did a story at seven point thirty by Michael Monks if you'd like me to replay that, please.
Speaker 1: Here we go thirty.
Speaker 6: Two hundred families living on around fifteen grand a year. We're given a thousand bucks a month for twelve months. University of Pennsylvania researcher doctor Amy Castro says the program was life changing for PAAR. They reinvested that time to their children's well being through Richmond activities, through spending time with their kids, through being.
Speaker 1: Able to set predictable bedtimes.
Speaker 6: If anyone's a parent, you know where that's important. City Kelceilman Current Price says he wants LA to do the program again. He and Kelceilman Hugo Sodo Martinez have pledged a million dollars each from their office funds to kickstart it in downtown LA. Michael Monks KFI News.
Speaker 4: So MO, I don't know how much of this kind of thing that you've read about, but I read about it pretty frequently. I do too, and the main opposition seems to be that people have an innate right down to their DNA hatred of other people getting quote free stuff. But every single time I read about how this has been carried out in the real world with the UBI, it's been a success. Do you know differently than that?
Speaker 1: No, it has always been a success.
Speaker 2: But I also know if you follow the trajectory of capitalism, if you follow the trajectory of the amount of people who are unable to afford to live in various cities around the country, the unaffordability, the unavailability of housing, this is an inevitability, I would say for most cities. Not in the media future, I say, twenty thirty years out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it could be because more and more people are going to be put out of work, especially if AI keeps going the way it looks as it's going to.
Speaker 2: Go right, That's exactly where I was going next, And those people aren't just going to go wander off into the snow and die for the convenience of everybody else. And this circles back to our conversation about homelessness, things that we don't want to see homelessness. And I'm saying, like, this is about humans, real lives and the real consequences of how we have what I called and you complimented me for it. I couldn't believe it unfettered capitalism, did I? Yes, you've completely forgotten about that. I think that's possible you're making that up. No, no, no, seriously, these are the consequences of having no boundaries and parameters constraints on these things that we love about capitalisms. Like we complain about how out of control rent may be, we may complain about how high groceries are, but someone is setting those prices, and someone is allowed to set those prices because it's capitalism, and grosser is going to try to make as much money as they can. I would say, gas station owners are going to make as much money as they can. And it all feeds into this equation of being unaffordable to live in this city or any other city. I say all that to say, if you don't like Ubis, now just wait. They're going to be everywhere and if you look at the history, they will also be successful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's bring this back to I admit an analogy to the old grade school science theory of conservation of energy. You remember that, And my point of that is that stuff has to go someplace. You can't wish or will something out of existence because you don't like it, you don't want to see it, it offends you. So there are going to be people who are poor, who are homeless. You need food and shelter, and they don't just go away because you don't want to deal with them.
Speaker 1: Is that like the first law thermo dynamics. I can't remember.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wasn't say it's in that territory. Okay, all right, because what's the second law? Is that entropy? I don't remember. I can't remember it was forty years ago. But it's the theory of conservation of energy. It goes someplace. It doesn't just phase out of existence because you happen to be done with it.
Speaker 1: Something's got to be done with it.
Speaker 2: I don't think people take a big picture look at it and realize there's a reason why gas only costs fifteen cents in the nineteen seventies and now it's four or five dollars a gallon. We ain't ever going back to fifteen cents and twenty thirty years and the United States has been relatively lucky compared to Europe and other places around the world. Oh, the cost of gas. I'm glad we brought that. I was talking about when I was in Spain in the early two thousands. They're paying seven eight dollars back then.
Speaker 1: Exactly. We don't know how good we have it. It's not ever going back to fifteen cents.
Speaker 2: And when I my parents bought their house in Harbor City in nineteen seventy five, for it was fifty four thousand dollars for a four bedroom house.
Speaker 1: It's not going back to that.
Speaker 2: And you know what, it's probably going to be three point five million forty years from now.
Speaker 1: Where do you think will be?
Speaker 2: And if we're complaining about the minimum wage for fast food workers today, assuming that there is a minimum wage four fast food workers thirty years from now, do you think it's going to be twenty dollars an hour or forty dollars an hour? Oh, you're asking me, Well, it's semi rhetorical because it never moves back in the other direction.
Speaker 4: No. And meanwhile, nobody ever asks about the millions, the tens of millions that the CEOs make. Those make a difference. You, as a consumer, are paying those massive salaries.
Speaker 2: But we are so angry at our quote unquote politicians for not keeping gas low, for not keeping the cost of milk low. You're not paying attention where all this is going. It will forever go up. Well, right, and whether it's gas or milk, you have to look at the people who control it, and you have to make sure that you're angry at the right people. So talking about milk, what is it like five six seven? Giant corporations control eighty percent of the groceries we buy. Yeah, look to them, they're the ones who are price gouging, not unlike gas.
Speaker 7: Uh huh, there's a commonality. There's a similarity. You don't say it's Later with mo Kelly. We're gonna talk about Southwest Airlines. They're still in the year nineteen ninety eight. Will tell you what we mean in just a moment.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: And I'm the only one. I'm the only one who realized this.
Speaker 2: I'm the only one because it seems like I'm the only one who's talking about this. There's the story behind the story. Here is the story that I'll tell you what's behind the story. The story is Southwest Airlines. They're receiving I guess some sort of kudos or because they're one of the few airlines which was not affected for that CrowdStrike Microsoft outage, they received credit for it. It's like, no, we're Southwest, we didn't have to deal with that. The reason why is the story. We're not even the story behind the story yet this is also part of the story. Southwest Airlines is still using Windows three point one, which means that it never received the software patch update which basically fried every other Airlines. If you're not aware, your computer should be on Windows eleven right now, or if you work at iHeart as Windows eight. But that's another story. Won't get into that Windows three point one. Windows three point one came out in nineteen ninety eight. Remember how we were talking about the Phantom Menace, how we had to twenty five year anniversary of that movie. It's even before that nineteen ninety eight, Bill Clinton was still president nineteen ninety eight. None was even thinking about George Bush or Al Gore at that point. We weren't even into the presidential election season. Now here's the story behind the story. And if you've been listening to the later with Mokelly, we reported on the many issues of Southwest Airlines in twenty twenty two and twenty twenty three. Do you remember back in twenty twenty three, and this is the story behind the story, how Southwest Airlines agreed to one hundred and forty million dollar fine for their travel disruptions during the holidays in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 1: Do you remember that? Do you remember why they had the travel disruptions? They called it a brief outage, a software issue. Do you remember that? I do software issue? Windows three point one?
Speaker 2: Remember in May of this year how three thousand US flights were canceled as a part of a global computer outreache out outage. Southwest Airlines was the one disproportionately impacted Windows three point one. Do you know why people don't use Windows three point one anymore?
Speaker 1: It is prehistoric.
Speaker 2: It is unable to handle the complicated computational processes needed to manage. You couldn't run your iPhone, You couldn't run a basic smartphone today on Windows three point one computing power. You can't do anything with it now. I know there's an argument saying that it is less susceptible to certain viruses because they're targeting later versions of Windows.
Speaker 1: I get all that, But the point is the.
Speaker 2: Reason that we're using more modern computational technology is it is more suited for the complex processes that were requiring of it.
Speaker 1: You couldn't use three point one in this studio.
Speaker 2: There's literally nothing in the studio which would work on Windows three point one. I couldn't even get Mark Runner to do the news on Windows three point one. I'm serious, there's nothing in that studio which would allow him to use Windows three point one.
Speaker 4: Don't chinks me, man, there's enough that goes wrong on any given day to begin with.
Speaker 2: No, there is, but it's still better than Windows three point one. You would never put Windows three point one in any important piece of equipment.
Speaker 1: And to think that.
Speaker 2: It Airlines even today is running software from last century, I'm not exaggerating last century.
Speaker 4: I have this theory that if you and I a normal people, had any real idea of just to what degree the things we rely on in civilization are held together with like duct tape and spit, we'd lose our minds.
Speaker 2: How is it if you are the CEO of Southwest Airlines the first time you have an outage that you don't say, hey, why don't we set aside a couple million and update our computer systems to at least Windows ninety eight. At least Windows ninety eight, Because I understand, I know a little salt about computing. Windows ninety eight is a pretty damn stable operating system, and.
Speaker 4: It's only twenty six years old.
Speaker 2: Only twenty six years old, okay, but it's still better than Windows three point one, and it's still better than Windows ninety five. But you're sitting with Windows three point one, and we wonder what would happen if something tragic occurred and we'd have another congressional hearing and we'd have the president of Southwest Airlines and we have Congress saying are you ready to give us your resignation in these five minutes that we're talking, as opposed to looking at it the obvious and saying, there's no way in hell that we can have a major airlines continue to function on Windows three point one because there's no other place in our technological society would Windows three point one be sufficient.
Speaker 4: That's just barely above the technology of one of those old TV pong games.
Speaker 1: Barely.
Speaker 2: When you say Windows three point one, you're talking about some of the earliest versions ever of Windows.
Speaker 1: Ever, is that the one with Clippy?
Speaker 2: Yes, no, no, no, no, no, Clippy was still on there because Windows I think Windows ninety eight had Clippy as well, so definitely was on Windows three point one. And we wonder, and that's alongside what we know about Boeing and their issues. So you combine Boeing in Southwest as mostly Boweing planes, and you combine that with the knowledge that they only have windows three point one. It is amazing that we've not had more air disasters. It is amazing to me. It's later with Mo Kelly If I am so, we are live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: If you didn't like that opinion, keep listening.
Speaker 5: We've got a few more k f I KOs t.
Speaker 1: HD two Los Angeles, Orange County, Live everywhere on the eart radio app.