Speaker 1: And we're back. I did all plugs at the beginning, so we're good to go. Kirkland, can you do me a favor and bring up the Resident What are you laughing about?
Speaker 2: I was just yeah, nothing you laugh about?
Speaker 1: You didn't watch those trailers? Can you bring up the Resident Evil? I'm not I'm not going to break down for all these trailers, but Resident Evil? I want to do a pause by pause?
Speaker 2: What is k upon that story?
Speaker 1: I couldn't find it. I couldn't find it for what for the Resident Evil? I was saying he didn't watch or something like that.
Speaker 3: Well, no, because what happened was, as I was saying earlier, I realized I did and get fucking Mando tickets. Yeah, so I quickly went over to the Landmark and on there it's like clay faceed teaser trailer. Are we talking about this? This is so strange, like like maybe the boys covered the previous cast or something. I didn't like even think to look at the date or any of that. And then of course I just didn't put two and two together with the notes.
Speaker 2: So I watched the clay faced teaser. Yeah, like for the cast?
Speaker 1: Okay, good? No, because I talked about it on TCY but I was doing a news catchup when this was originally everybody, but I still want to hear your thoughts on it, so but yeah, tell me when it Oh anyways, Oh Walkert's Wayne so Resident Evil coming out of September. As I said, we're reviewing all movies animated and live action. Those are on the Patroon feed to get to the mall go over there. Obviously, me and Dylan today review for Resident Evil recor Round, which was one of the bigges episodes a year. So I appreciate the support there. I've been Resident Evil Jones and ready to go here. And obviously Zach Gregor kind of i'd say, a perfect guy to get for this, right. I don't have any of his movies at like a perfect ten out of ten, but I think he's a very talented early filmmaker. He's got some good unique ideas. He knows how to move the camera, he has some unique ideas, he's got a good bounce of comedy and whoror. It's one of those where you saw that it's like great and then offsely, lots of people were getting a little worried because they go, Okay, well, we're not adapting any of the games, which at the same time, have any of those movies that aren't the anime movies even adapted the games anime movies. No, but I think people are hoping, like, hey, there's all this big history of characters, right like Leon Kennedy is huge again right now. And he said, well, no, I don't want to do that. I don't want to do the story. There is some rumors that they can't even adapt some of that stuff because of contracts. But even then he said, which I believe I don't think is that I think Gregor is telling truth, and he goes, you know, I just I want to tell a story in the world that's already been done in the games. Let's do something else, right, So that, I think kind of got people a little worried, and even myself because we've seen so many adaptions lately, or at least the past couple of years, five years even of games that are just in entitle right or even I talked about this last week, but the guy uh no, Holly time about Far Cry and be like, well, people skip the cut scenes and just play this story which I learned in Far Cry. You can't even skip the cut scenes. So there you go. So, but there's a lot of people or people say mass effect, Oh they're adapting to be less gamer, right, So there's I think a lot of it's I think it's tougher with the car or it's easier now with the comb books stuff. Because with combooks now, when you say, oh, you're making a Batman movie, and if someone says it's not my Batman, you say, well, what Batman? Because there's so many different characters that where if you say, hey, it's something like Leon Kennedy, it's like, well there is just one Leon Kennedy and Connudy right him rebooted Resident Evil Bunch. So I do get that. But that's also where I think people do want to see, like books, these games adapted. So there's a lot of hubbub, like Okay, what's this train they're gonna be? And Austin got Austin Abrams in there, who's a geek for his favorite we loved him in Euphoria. I'm excited to see where his career goes. We get this trailer Kirkle, and all I can say is I know people and even people are gonna bitch right because of course that creator said today, well, he's like, well, my mind or I don't know if he said in my mind are legitimbly he said that this takes place suring Resident Evil too, Well, that's in the nineties. He got Austin Amrams's iPhone it's snowing, and Resident Evil two it's not snowing. I think he just meant, in the sense of Resident Evil two is when you're in the town and the invasion breaks and that's when you meet Leon and he's like at the police station due all this stuff. I think he just meant that it's kind of like in an adjacent world, in an updated thing. I think people are somebody's taking this stuff too literal because for me, and he talked about some shots and everything, and we'll do some pause as well. To me, if I'm for what, I like what Resident Evil and it's not adapting a story per se, but it's like, hey, this is if I guess here's the easiest way. If this was a trailer for a video game and it was Resident Evil ten, eleven, twelve, whatever, subcoll and I go, oh, this looks like this could be a great Resident Evil game. And that's to me all that matters because now this is a movie and that's the same energy that I love this trailer. I thought it was great. I thought it had the vibe a resident Evil, and it's the type of resident Evil that I like where you're going place to place and it's like one fucked up scenario after another. I love the two vibes. Like I said, Abram's gonna be great. But he talked about that he wants to do other shots in this movie that are like for first person shooters, there's over the shoulder shots. They are like the game I think, to me taking out, if you say, hey, you can't adapt any story, but you can make a Resident Evil movie set in the game world, this fucking looks like, yeah, like this and this where it's just like people. I talked about this on a trest Tolty a couple weeks ago. It's like when people started to complaining about Hugh Jackman's Wolverine caution. It's like, for fucking two decades, people are like, get him in the cast, and get in the costume, and then finally it gets in the costume, which I think is a pretty good adaption to the comic for costume on screen. Well, shoulder pads are a little big, and I like the NCU lines. He's like, fucker like he's got the mask and he's in blue and the l can we be happy? And for me, I've been having fun with the retro with you guys so far, but I think we can all admit that eventually those Resident Evil movies with Miela become their own thing. The animated movies are like kind of this weird in between a game and film, and so far the ones we reviewed are just kind of awkward. We haven't, you know, minor sports. I think we all could admit we haven't reviewed one that we thought was great. So I feel like this and for me, this trailer was perfect. I know we will see more. I don't even need to see anything more. I think this was just I'm this has shot up so much for the anticipation, so I think it nailed what I want as far as if I'm just looking for the vibe and the the kind of touchstones that Resident Evil as the game has it has it here. So I'll see. You know Resident Evil, and you may have played some a little bit, but I don't think you like a savan. Are you actually you've never like really dived too much into because I know it's on your like scary bucket list sort of thing. I know, obviously seven you had a history of that a little bit. There's some good yeah there, but yeah, so obviously coming from more of a mainstream point of view, but obviously a fan of Zach Craiger's work.
Speaker 3: And you you know you're showing a Austin Abram's fantastic favorite also was fantastic in Weapons, which was another project by Zach Craiger, Right, he killed it, very minor role, but yeah, you fucking stabbed that role with all these gross needles like he did. Yeah, I know, it's it's it's funny. I I have history with Resden Eevil. It definitely got like overshadowed by my Mila like movie fandom, just because I was exposed a lot more of those I played though, like the first Resident Evil on PS one, and like probably never got past like the first mansion like level, Like just the first sequence dogs in the hallway, just like that is like a core deep memory of just like being so scared that like I just run out of my room, like don't don't drop the screen, don't pause just like a run out of the room, so scared, can't even The music was also just yeah, so terrifying. And uh, I mean it's not it's not a side quest episode or anything, and I was kind of I was wanted to wait to drop the bomb. I feel like it's perfect timing. I actually picked up Resident Evil two and Resien Evil three because the emails. Yes, and I'm a couple of hours into Resident Evil two right now, and it's tough because it's not really it's not an easy game either, Like there's a lot of like puzzles and stuff that I kind of forgot those reson.
Speaker 1: But and what I love about that game, you're always fucking low on ammo man, I love you got.
Speaker 3: Those two bullets and it's like, yeah, you're shaky and you're sweating with the.
Speaker 2: Remote and so you feel like the character. Yeah, it's such a fantastic time. Yeah. Uh you know, I'll give more thoughts on that on a future side quest.
Speaker 1: Two. Yeah, two is still my nine is great. So I it's one of those things that I think, I don't know it's two or not, because the last one was amazing, but two, for my life has been my favorite. So you're you're in for a treat.
Speaker 3: So yeah, no, so good timing with the retros and all this, and obviously you and Dylan going through was.
Speaker 2: It just was it all the games you guys did.
Speaker 1: Pretty much we did. We actually didn't do one. I can't even remember if Dylan's played one, because I don't think he has. I think he's waiting because there's rumors they're doing a remake, so I think he's waiting. But we went primarily through them all like the main ones went two, three, four, and five is the other one we left out, and then we did six, seven, eight, and then nine because five Dylan played same thing he played when he's younger. I played a little bit of it. But there's rumors that're remaking that, so I kind of, you know, I said, of course, it's weird because still the Resident Evil two game from when I was a kid. I still those memories. But I can't not just say like the HD ray makes better. It just plays bet like it's hard. It's a hard thing, right as far as so, I just I know lots of people when they rank the Resident eulists will be like, oh there's four and then four remake. I just kind of lump them together. I'm a casual in that way. I guess I'm not as hardcore some sorry.
Speaker 2: So it's kind of fun though, like playing the old one.
Speaker 3: I don't know if like your version had this, but you can get like different outfits for your character, like skins, and you can get like the original Resident Evil too, where it's like blocky like animations. So yeah, that's such a cool detail. I don't like that, but like it was cool to turn on at least just see and.
Speaker 1: Then you see Claire's outfit just like Super nineties eighties, like, oh yeah, we really sexualized these characters. It's just like I'm here to fight zombies. That's just like right up there. It's like all right, yeah those.
Speaker 3: Cannons, man, we'll get you. So like these not in this Resident Evil trailer. I was really really impressed by this trailer.
Speaker 2: I like, while I was watching it, I'd like double check.
Speaker 3: I'm like, is this Evil Dead like this this like it just it has that and that's not a bad thing. It's not like it's not resen evil. It just felt like the modern Evil deads were like though like the old Evil deads.
Speaker 1: I love them, especially like some filmmaking behind it, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but man, like the first time I say, like the twenty thirteen Evil Dead remake, like that is a whole different ballgame compared to those ogs where you can watch those ogs laugh, have a good time they're camping out because they're dated, but like still appreciate the filmmaking side of it.
Speaker 2: That an Evil Dead Rise was that the last one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, twenty thirteen and then Rise.
Speaker 3: Those are like bone chilling movies, like so disturbing and so terrifying, And that's exactly what this what this trailer had the vibe I didn't know about all the the like the comments about it being set and risen to kind of tie I Zach cregading like like it just being kind of that stage of the infection, right, but it.
Speaker 1: Was sing in the game. Yeah, there's no nuclear bomb, but I think I get what he meant like by that as far as it's that time frame in a sense. Right.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but I I am so on board for this. It just looks like such an amazing, like well made thing, and especially just looking at his body of work, Barbarian, I absolutely love that movie that is that is just amazing and weapons I really really enjoyed, not to full extent of Barbarians, but like it just it looks the same, Like they're just really well made, really really good looking movies. It's all like it's I don't know, it's sorry to explain. It's all like it's it's like beautiful to look at, but just like really well crafted, like it doesn't look cheap at all. I don't know it's about it, I'll say, but yeah, this looks really really good, awesome. Everyone looks so fantastic as the lead. I'm really excited to follow him in a lead role because he has just been ten and ten and everything I've seen him in, which has been like minor roles, so I am excited to see him more now in the leading role.
Speaker 2: So is he.
Speaker 1: Leon No, No, nothing, unless Craig is pulling like some sort of surprise no game character stories, it's just sound in the world. So it's kind of.
Speaker 3: I'm totally fine with that. I'm totally fine with that. Let's let's get I mean, that's like what the media movies are, right, Like, I guess they're at one and.
Speaker 1: Two kind of dabble like they're they're definitely trying to do that, but then once three and on it's they're doing in their own fucking thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, totally, but this is this is like a more grounded version of kind of what that is. So I'm not expecting Austin Abrams in here to become like a super weapon like Mila becomes at the end. I really don't want that to be the case. I want this to feel like a like it was an evil game. I guess, like like like a yeah, just you're you're completely vulnerable and every gunshot kind of matters just how it does in the video game.
Speaker 1: Which that looks like this a lot as far as that kind of because he even talked about that too. Did like a breakdown the IG and Trail'll see it. There's a time where he opens up a coboard. Nothing's in there. He looks a shotgun and there's no bolts, And this is what I love. And I don't think it is the way he's talking about it. I don't think it's like DJ that we just talk about where they had him some facts. He's like, that's one of my favorite things in the game, is him being like or he's saying, like looking for the stalk, looking for the heel and stuff, you know, like trying to find that, and there's a whole sequence where it's him looking for things. Okay, what can I use to get out there? Right? So that mirror is the game? Kevin Davis is a Resident Evil franchise, isn't a big money maker at the box office. Uh, that's where you might be kind of wrong. Like here's the thing, as I was pointing about this by Taylor, let me pull them all out here because the I don't know how the this one's gonna do, but the international box office for these movies were really good. And the thing is, like I said this before too, let me find because the thing is even it's kind of a double I have two things I got to bring up here. The Resident Evil movies before with me La. They were very cheap, so let me I'll pull them all up here. And that's the thing where kirkle on Kidney wye pull the Residentiel. Can you pull up the the budgets for a barbarian and weapons. We're gonna do a two for project here because I was pretty surprised. And you can't count Resident Evil Welcome Raccoon City that did open during COVID, So that's kind of tough that one didn't do well, but that was during COVID also was in the reviewed bill. But so here is the Resident Evil franchise history as far as money, and this is where it all depends on the budget, right, So the first one budget is thirty three million, made one hundred and three million. So Kevin Davis, you're right as far as like it isn't a big money maker as far as bringing a bunch in, but it can be very profitable. You got Resident Evil Apocalypse at forty five million, made one hundred and twenty nine million. You got h Resident Evil three forty five million with one hundred and forty seven million, and then you got Resident Evil after Life three d sixty million that made three hundred million. That's huge, three hundred million, and then Resident Evil Retribution that made sixty or that was made for sixty five million, made two forty and then the final chapter May was forty million dollar budget and then made three hundred and twelve million, the biggest of the franchise. So that's where Kevin Days look at because if you're spending forty million dollars and you're making three hundred million. That's laughing. The international audience were huge for those movies, so I'm not sure what it will be for like this one. But yeah, what were the budgets of Barbarian Weapons?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean these numbers are really impressive. I kind of forgot how low keyp Arbarian was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like five six right, four to.
Speaker 3: Four and a half million dollars and then it made forty five million.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's rofit.
Speaker 3: And then for weapons budget of thirty eight million and the box office two seventy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's really even if you hit that range. Because like, I'm not sure to be mean, but he's an upcoming star. I don't think Austin Abrams is like costing an armor leg for this right, Like, because what did you say? Weapons budget was.
Speaker 2: Thirty eight three?
Speaker 1: Like I could say because like Weapons had more people with Josh Brolin and Benendic Wong.
Speaker 2: This one really feel Isn't she like a nominated Jili Carter?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But again, like if you show your parents her, would you know, would they be able the name?
Speaker 2: My parents loved Ozark. She they loved her, so yeah, my.
Speaker 1: Parents would not be able to I would that's a girl from the Americans. But I think for me though, even like Brolin and who knows, they could take a pickup. But even if this is like even if they make exactly what Weapons make, and it even goes like sixty million, you're making double almost triple what you made there. And I don't know, we're gonna go over it again. What's gonna be We'll have to do with the budgets because we have effects. Obviously, we got some monster some zombies, so that obviously is gonna bring it up. Weapons had that, but still web suit what they do. But a lot of this trailer just looked like it was Austin Abrams with a bunch of non A monsters. So if he's really the only main actor in this movie, like he's good to go. As far as the Budge Shery why so? And I do think coming off of the success of Weapons and Barbarian and I think Resident Evil right now is the hottest has ever been with Rekraem, fastest selling game in that history or in that franchise history. I think Resident Evil has a like this is the time. If you were gonna put out Resident Evil movie, it's gonna be a hit. I could see this getting just the old movies. It's still being like three hundred or something. So but yeah, pull this trail. Let's watch scene by sceneior because theres a couple of things i'd point out. But yeah, so got Austin Abrams.
Speaker 2: That's the volume.
Speaker 1: That's good. You want to pause right here. I saw a good go back a little bit just to the wide shot. I saw people a good meme being like, you know, in the video game, that medical whatever bag would take up like five to six lots of your inventory. That's one of those big items you know into when you're sucked that way. But so yeah, I'll see though.
Speaker 2: It totally feels like he's like a video game character.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, this house, I'm like, man, this just seems like a Zach Kranks up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, filming situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's go Hello. I had a little bit of a problem on the road. I was wondering if I could use your phone. Poor Austin Abrams. He's always in a fucking house and something's going on. You know, a lot of weapons. I liked this opening sequence too, of the phone and the credits of Zach Franker. Very fun and hang on, maybe they'll do it again. I'll point out what we get to the end here, because I think there's a gimmick that horror trailers need and it has it. Look, I'm really sorry that we got disconnected earlier, but some things have happened. That shot with him running May he turned on a bit because I think it's gonna be loud so that this secret story story's turned down, turn down. Hey, GOHI yeah, go back a little bit. This was the sequence that Zach Gregori point out that he like, and he says longer the movie, but it's him just searching for weapons supplies, which you do in these red games. So again the spirit on that gameplay.
Speaker 2: So man, he's got such good like bags under his eyes.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he's looking like he's gone through it already.
Speaker 2: Yeah, up situation right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think he's a great protagonist because he looks like he'd be capable.
Speaker 2: But yeah, to toss each other again.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 1: Perfect, Yeah right.
Speaker 2: There stelling scars guard down here.
Speaker 1: It is like my my, my Iracus by doing her letter. But he right there because two things. I'll give Zach Crayer, maybe three things. There's always like a big ad monster. This could be one of them, there's always a bigger type of monster that it's like just big of size. But then also at least in I think two, three, yeah too, at least for sure with two you end up in the fucking sewer. I think even six, like you end up in the sewer a lot, and there's always gross stuff and residue in the sewer. So again I touched on if he's in the sewer and whatever this thing is, uh looking fucked up, man, I wouldn't want to be down there. You know.
Speaker 3: You're he's totally like he's forced to go down the sewer. So he's he's in a rock between a rock and a hard place here. But you come down the sewer and you see this thing just sitting staring right at you, like, I don't know, you're the thoughts, Yeah, that's your move.
Speaker 1: Big drop kick to the nuts and see what happens, you know.
Speaker 3: Because like he shouldn't be able to get up and move fast. But like again this risen evil world. They kind of kind of just break the laws.
Speaker 1: Of he could roll.
Speaker 2: Such a terrifying image though, Like this is gonna be such a stressful scene.
Speaker 3: I really hope they don't like show more of this in future trailers or promo material. I agree because I I'm I'm right with you. I'm totally sold on this. I don't you see anything else for this movie to get me in?
Speaker 2: And this shot too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this this phone over and over. Okay, so go back again now. So two things. That phone leads it throughout the trailer. I've said this before. Yeah, you can go here and to have a great horror trailer, you need some sort of certain sound bite or staying to play over and over make it memorable. That phone thing, is it. That's a good thing. It will stick with you. But yeah, some people theorize this might be you know, there's like the oh god, the can'mera what they're called, the splitterheads or whatever, the ones that crawl on the walls and everything.
Speaker 2: Like the people tongue guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people think these might be them kind of before transformation. But there's multiple them, so I'm not sure if they're forming together. Doesn't really matter to me because in Resident Evil Lord they've had like so many different monsters. I don't really care if the monsters because like sure, like there's not like all this breaks can because it's some people be like, I've never seen a resin game with this type of monster. It's like, I don't know, man and Resident Evil eight. I fought Werewolf, so I'm not really too I'm not I'm not too worried about it. You know.
Speaker 3: This is such a fucking like great shot, though, Like I would love to be able to recreate a scene like this where it's just like you got like the lights and then just pure darkness in there, like you don't know what's in the house.
Speaker 2: It can't be good, but it's just such.
Speaker 3: An eerie h yeah set and then quickly you see them just jumping in. It looks like it's the same house at the beginning.
Speaker 1: I think goes in, I think so so. I think he just stops some person's random house, make this call to his girlfriend, and then bad stuff's happening in there, Like I'll the found some bullets this right here. Yeah. Pause when he's he closes the door and then he has to cross over some someone like that. Oh yeah, there, that's a video that's a fucking video game level right there, Like that is one hundred percent zombies are breaking out again. I'll say, anyone's a look on his face just looks like he's he's going so good.
Speaker 2: He's like perfect for this type of movie.
Speaker 1: No, I'm so excited. See that's another reason why hope this movie blows up. I think he's very talented, so I think he'd give more stuff.
Speaker 2: So I just wanted you to know that is that leon in there?
Speaker 1: Could you imagine kill them off on the way? Yeah, now I get I don't know what this is gonna be. I don't know if this is where he's gonna get a gun or a phone or something. I don't know, but it's a car flipped over, so then something fro which I don't know. Don't get too close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't look too great.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know what the fuck that is. I mean he got zommies off the roof.
Speaker 2: I love you.
Speaker 1: And again, can you go? Can you go to any first makes the call? And hey, not a bad sting for a horror movie, Kirkland. You know some characters trying to get back to the woman he loves.
Speaker 3: You know, that's a I mean it's pretty simple, but it's it's effective.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not like we haven't done anything like that before. You know, So I see him like you know, I'm feeling good. At one point, K go a little further when he's laying against the wall. There it's coming up. Okay, yeah right there right or no, no, you had it, you had Okay.
Speaker 2: That's coming.
Speaker 1: We'll see it. Oh you missed it. I'm sure.
Speaker 2: He's just coming up.
Speaker 1: And pause here so you can't see it in this one maybe when zooms out more. But to the left that there's a pot there and that's a green herb, so like with the house, like, yeah, so very fun. It's very fun stuff he made like the same design. So yeah, I'm this trailer gave me all the confidence I need. I was. I think I was sixty forty confident. But I do think that Gregor should actually stop talking because I feel like he's under selling himself. I think he's just so worrying because he's he I remember a couple months awa he's like, all the fans are gonna crucify me when they see this movie, and I was like, oh, what are you doing? Man? But I think he's just probably what my hope is, he's a fan of material and he's just overworried because he wants to get it right. But if the movie can hit this tone. I think he's gone, right, I think we're we're cooking.
Speaker 3: Thinking about his comments and then seeing this trailer, I think he's like, I think I'm I'm very safe in in what I'm gonna get out of this trailer because or sorry, out of this movie, because I I think just the idea of it being in resid Evil two, he has no like actual characters from the game. There's not like a very I mean, maybe we go to Raccoon Police Station.
Speaker 2: I would.
Speaker 1: Even even if he doesn't go in there, if while he's being chased, if he just ran by the RPD, that'd be great, you.
Speaker 3: Know, and like and like I imagine there's no mister accent here. So just those ideas and him also paying it like, yeah, it'said Resident Evil two time. I can understand why people would be pissed off about that. I definitely wouldn't. I Mean, I'm going through risne Evil two for the first time, so I have no like deep seated attachment to it. But with like, what wasn't the last resen Evil movie basically that like like it was in the police station.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah it is bomb.
Speaker 1: We're gonna Well that's tough thing because I forgot about this until Mike pointed out that that movie did come out like COVID COVID, not during like oh near the end. It came out like November, but still was smaller. So I think because we're gonna retro it Taylor's I think he just said it was they did too much in one movie. They put like all the characters together, so it's like a to Leon Claire Chris. I think that's what he said where it does cover a lot of that era, but it was too much where that's where, And I still think he's I wouldn't say he's wrong, but the what I would push against him is that the same way I do with all books and stuff. Books get we're gonna talk about this that n Halfway movie. That's a fucking book. I've never read that book. I have no idea what happens in that book. But with something exec go well, it is a popular book and people know it's like no in that same way or there's tons of people even like yourself. Now you're playing it, but before if you didn't pick up res too, you wouldn't know the story, you wouldn't know the beats, And to me that's always been the And when Taya said that Raccoon City did too much, I thought, why is it not just the movie? Is Leon in the fucking police station trying to get out? Like why is that not just the movie? Like the very simple layupy. We talked about Star Wars books. There's so many Stars books they could adapt and they go, oh, it's two inside Baseball. It's like, well, you know, adapt it, take out some of the inside Baseball stuff. But these are stories that people haven't seen and can enjoy. But I'm not saying this method is wrong either, because I could get to just maybe not wanting to rehash those and you gotta hit on certain things so I get then I hope this blows up because then maybe we can get more. Maybe that happens down the line where they go, you know what, we we should do something with a Leon Kennedy or something like that. But at the same time, it's it's fine because again, Resident Evil one is about Jill Valentine and that crew. Resid Evil two is about Leon Kennedy and Claire a bunch of new characters. Resident Evil seven is about Ethan Winters, a new character like the Resident Evil franchise itself does that where it's like, hey, we're gonna do a new game. It's Resident Evil seven. It has nothing to do with the rest of franchise. So the games already do this method right of Hey, it's in the world, but you don't need Leon Kennedy there, you don't need Chris Redfield there. So if he can do that, great, because who knows, maybe you see aspects of this game pop up. I do see some feel speculate they wonder if the big bloated guy in the sewers is like a Mistres variant because he's white and he's bald, and but even then, the way how big his body, I wonder if that would be like a Mistrex like failed thing, right, Like he's supposed to be juiced up and he's just sitting there as a bloaterer. But I do I think with what we saw him Barbarian, maybe maybe not as much weapons, but think about Mama and Barbarian. I think Zach Kraiger is gonna deliver, even if it's that hand creature thing. I think he's gonna have a thing that's constantly evolving and we're gonna get that big creature at the end. I really, I really do. I I won't say I'll be disappointed, but I'd be surprised if he doesn't do that, because they did. Barbarian did that. It led up to the monster. Then when you saw the monster, you're like, oh, fuck, like what's going on here? And now he's got a bigger budget too. He isn't a four million right, so.
Speaker 2: He's gonna use a rocket RPG to end it.
Speaker 1: I think the walk, I'm like, I guess, but there was a little papatui in here. That's what he has in the metavac bag.
Speaker 2: Like you can heal a big bloated monster, can the zombies?
Speaker 1: The papatuit you're just throwing it at him while slapping people up. I could see an RPG that could be a big and that's what you have to do, is you just make it small stakes. So when RPG gets put in, it's a big deal. RPG in a fast and furious movie that's a small deal. If you make this small scale enough, A random nobody, regular guy just get an RPG like it is in Resident Evil when you get a even when you get a shotgun and you're like, oh, thank the fucking Lord, we're some games. And that's where I don't like Resident Evil six Kirkling is you just start like all the guns, you're like machine gun and you're like there you go. And that's where for me I liked it more replaying it at this age, but as a kid, I was like, ah, I miss it. And even Resident Evil four, which most people it's always four and two, but I think most people say four, and I get it why people put on this pestal But with that, even that, it's like, oh, you start the game and you got like twelve bol It's like, I don't like starting the game with twelve bowl. It's like I want to be fighting for it, you know.
Speaker 3: So did they remake that one? Because I might have got that in the combo pack too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Four four is great for his phenomenal it gets bigger scale. Definitely play them in order, but it's definitely can see where when it came up from like PlayStation and nintended to like GameCube. The expansion of it, so it is, it is amazing. It's another game that I have like as a ten out of ten. It's it's phenomenal stuff.
Speaker 2: So nice.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: The other thing I wanted to say on this trailer was I mean, there's no survivors that we see other than Arson Abrams. And that did not worry me at all while watching this trailer. It was just like, man, like, I am totally down if we're just following Austin Abrams. Man, yeah, I'm totally down. I think he like he's got the power to lead a role like that, and uh, just from what I saw on this trailer, it wouldn't. I don't think it'd be boring or anything, not with.
Speaker 1: This director at least. I think other directors maybe get through that. But it's like with and even then, like I said, for myself, I don't have barbarian as high as you guys, and I don't have weapons as far as high as Tailor. But for me, those are both eight eight point five movies and they're for the originality. I love them, and I know people, oh well original it's an ip I mean as far as what they bring to the filmmaking, right, it's it's with some love. So that's why who knows, Maybe we're sitting there setem where we go, Oh, Zach Creiger's big stumbles, fucking reds and evil like this sucks, but I don't think so. Like, I personally don't see this movie being below a seven. Do I want to be a ten or nine? Sure, but I don't see being below a seven because I do trust Gregor, and I think with how it's being like presented, like you said, if it's just a one man tale of if it's literally just you gotta get from point to point being fine his girlfriend, that's cool with me. That's all that's all I need for this tale, you know.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take another that break and then we'll tell with the rest trailers. We'll be right back