Speaker 1: At this point, the screaming noise, the yelling noise, was way closer, and it was just so uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Like I'm like, this is weird. You know.
Speaker 1: When I stood up, this thing yelled down at me like it was standing above me. I mean, I thought that was it, Like, I mean, this thing was standing next to me. They're screaming. I'm screaming, like we're freaking the crap out. The moment where I realized that we were dealing with some type of like bigfoot is when he pushed his hand down on the tent. And that's when I looked over at my roommate Tray, and I'm like, we're deep into.
Speaker 2: This, like that we're in something here.
Speaker 1: And he's like, that's a human hand, and I'm like, that's a legitimate, five fingered human hand.
Speaker 2: And this thing was huge.
Speaker 1: I mean, I can't describe to you the feeling of this and how absolutely terrifying it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's just jump right into it. If you don't mind introducing yourself, Maybe tell a little bit about yourself and how you ended up on the internet posting your big foot encounter.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, my name is Isaiah Syler. I'm actually originally from Oregon. Spent most of my life in the woods all through Oregon.
Speaker 2: Montana, Colorado.
Speaker 1: You know, pretty aware of you know, of course, every animal and their sounds and all sorts of stuff. So definitely not novice in this area. But in nineteen ninety nine, my entire family, I have two brothers, one sister, my mom, and dad, we all moved to Pensacola, Flora so that my dad could go to college and get his pastoryal degree. So that's how we got to Florida. Just kind of moved around the United States a little bit. When I got out of my own, I graduated and I was in college by sixteen, seventeen years old, so I was out on my own pretty quick, just because they raised us to be adults instead of kids, so I was pushed out of the nest a little early. But yeah, we sought off on this adventure and became Floridians. Ended up marrying a local, having five kids, ran my own renovation company for ten years, and now I'm.
Speaker 2: Just a simple sales associate for bathfitter.
Speaker 1: But I sitting there the other day and I just honestly thinking about that story. And you know, from time to time I think about it and just like think, you know, that is absolutely the craziest experience I've ever had in my life. I told a couple people here and there, I mean just around a campfire, that's that's a pretty prime story around a campfire, and and you know, just at random, but probably maybe three or four people. And then yeah, just sitting there and I'm like, you know what, I bet a lot of bigfoot enthusiasts would want to hear this. And one of the reasons, of course, I didn't come out with it earlier, was just how crazy it is. I mean, I researched, and we went online and I mean just really scoured the internet at that time to find other people experiencing similar.
Speaker 2: Things than we did.
Speaker 1: And we did find a few videos that had the same scream, which just gave us chills down our spine, but none of them really had that temperature change, so that really freaked us out. And then it was just how interactive a bigfoot got with our campsite and our tent and all those things, and so it was definitely pretty intriguing. But but yeah, I was just sitting there and then I'm like, I think it's time I really at this point don't really care what people think.
Speaker 2: About me on social media.
Speaker 1: So that's I'm past that stage in my life. So I think that probably played a little bit into it as well.
Speaker 3: But yeah, take us back, man, what happened when where all the good stuff?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So it was just three friends and I it was my roommate, his girlfriend, and then just a buddy of ours. And in two thousand and five, in August, we were thinking about something to do. We all had the weekend off, and man, we just thought, you know, what better way to spend this then just go float down Blackwater. And I don't know if any of your listeners ever been to Blackwater River, which a few of the comments on those those Facebook pages really kind of gave me an idea that there's a lot of people in this area that that listened, but you know, they know Blackwater and it's just beautiful. It's it's so quiet, relaxing, it's just a really nice float. So we thought, you know, what better way to experience that weekend than go further up where you don't have as many rednecks and uh, because it is what we call it, one of the redneck rivieras of Florida.
Speaker 2: But uh, it's so much fun. But so we went up. We're like, man, that first day is going to be super relaxing.
Speaker 1: Second day, you know, we're just gonna float around with other people in the river and talk and make new friends. And and so we drove I believe it was seven miles, but I could be mistaken in the mile enge, but we drove seven miles past the main location where you put in on Blackwater River and uh, you know, obviously parked parked a car there and and then had our cars parked and and the end zone at Adventures Unlimited, which is the main location where everybody pretty much gets out of the river and there's a kind of a little theme parks thing going on over there. Uh but yeah, so or more of an adventure park. But uh, so we set off and we got in the water, and not even I would say, an hour into the float, we just kept hearing way off in the distance this this weird scream, and it really we laughed about it because it was like an old man and like a gorilla at the same time.
Speaker 2: It was just really weird.
Speaker 1: And so we were having kind of little debates back and forth on what it could be because we do have bobcats in that area and bore and you know, there's a lot of animals in that area that make some cool noises.
Speaker 2: So I couldn't really put my finger on anything that it was. So it concerned me just a little bit.
Speaker 1: And you know, the further we went down the river, the closer this thing got, and we started to get a little bit concerned, and we're like, man, this thing is getting closer, but it was just still far enough off.
Speaker 2: You can hear the echo.
Speaker 1: I mean, like you can tell that it's still probably a mile or so away or further. And and so came around an embankment on one part of the river and there's just this big, beautiful beach enough for all of us kind of set our tents up in privacy and made it can fire. There was actually already a campfire there, so someone used that beach at one time, and and some old beer cans and things just laying in the sand, and so it kind of cleaned up the beach and UH started getting the wood and everything for the fire. And and I went back into this area on the right side of this beach, and there was these four skinny trees and they're pretty close to each other. And someone stacked these trees, I mean actually pretty nicely in the four trees and making a wall in This wall was probably seven or eight feet tall, and it was impressive.
Speaker 2: I mean, I was like, someone really took some time and attention in doing this.
Speaker 1: And then I noticed on both sides of the trees that were stacked that these trees were twisted like someone would you know, take a twig or something and twist it until it comes off the branch.
Speaker 2: And man, that that just blew my mind.
Speaker 1: I'm like, man, what kind of power would you need or some type of machine that would grab a tree or do that.
Speaker 2: So I called and called everybody over there.
Speaker 1: They took a look at it, and then obviously we all agreed obviously no one someone doesn't want us to go back into that area. And there was there was like a walking path on the other side of this, and uh so it was weird because I mean, obviously you could just walk around this wall, so there was no fence or man made anything. It was like some something intentionally did this just to say I don't need a need a fence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, kind of like just blocked off the walking path right there, leading leading out of the camping area or.
Speaker 2: Yeah, leading out of the camping area in the woods.
Speaker 1: And uh and and so we were like, all right, you know, respect whoever's property this is now that That thing that was kind of crazy was there was no cell phone signal out we're here. We were so far up and obviously in two thousand and five we don't we didn't have really the cell towers or the cell phones we have today. But I mean it was just all on on our phones.
Speaker 2: It was X. And there was no docks.
Speaker 1: Typically in Blackwater River when there's a property on black Water you got a little dog and things.
Speaker 2: You can see the house right and there was just nothing.
Speaker 1: For for hours when we were floating, and uh and so we kind of thought, and we didn't see on the map when we looked it up online, we didn't see on the map any houses.
Speaker 2: In this area.
Speaker 1: But but still I was like, it's probably some someone's hunting camp or something like that.
Speaker 2: We'll leave it alone. And uh so we.
Speaker 1: Settled down, get everything set up, put our tents up and everything, and uh pulled out. We had a cooler beers and stuff and pulled that out and at this point that the screaming noise, the yelling noise, was way closer, and it was just so uncomfortable. Like I'm like, this is weird, you know, but you know, you've been on one hundred different camp camping trips. You hear yells and screams and things like that, howling, it never really comes into your camp.
Speaker 2: It's very real, rare if something does do that.
Speaker 1: And uh, and so it was still kind of just writing it off like whatever, it's just some some animal out there. And I was I was a little bit nervous, so I only drank a couple of beers. My other buddy he just I mean down as many beers as he can, passed out in his tent. He was out by. He's just an extreme guy, so he was out by like nine thirty something like that. And then it was just my roommate and his girlfriend and we're sitting around the campfire and just talking and we just kept getting interrupted for about an hour or so from this scream. And so finally late at night ten ten thirty or something. You know, I'm kind of guessing at the time frame because it was two thousand and five, a little a little further out then my memory goes in those small details, right, you know, started setting to the can camp up, putting the cooler where it needs to be so that no animals got the food and all that stuff and got in our tents. And at this point it was pretty close and very uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: I'm like, guys, should we worry about this scream?
Speaker 1: I mean, this thing has to be just a football field away or something.
Speaker 2: And it was loud, I mean, it was just weird.
Speaker 1: And my buddy, my roommate, he and I'm trying not to use his names, but he just was the most skeptical person in the world. I mean, we all are Christians and we believe in God and stuff, but I would have to convince them God exists like every other week. Like this guy was the most skeptical person about everything.
Speaker 2: And so he's like, nah, I don't worry about it. It's just a bear this or that. And he's never he's never lived in the woods, So I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, it's not a bear, man, Unless this thing's broken, it's not a bear.
Speaker 3: From the first time that you heard the scream until this point, how much time has passed?
Speaker 1: That was probably one o'clock in the afternoon till ten ten thirty at night, So it's been going on for a really long freaking tient. Yeah, that ain't an animal, Yeah no, And that's why I was like, guys, like you don't understand, Like animals don't scream that long like these.
Speaker 2: This is not normal.
Speaker 1: And uh, the weird thing that just I've always thought for years is like this thing was a really really really really far away what attracted it to us?
Speaker 2: That's that's what really intrigued me.
Speaker 1: Unless we walked into his territory and it was just by chance that we were. We were in his property and he wasn't happy about it.
Speaker 2: But like from from how far he was off.
Speaker 1: Which knowing how big he was, I mean, he could probably run a pretty good distance without you know, or in a short period of time.
Speaker 2: But that always and you know, obviously I've had a lot of time.
Speaker 1: To think about this, but uh, just just interesting that it would do it for that period of time. It would stop for like an hour or so in different intervals, but we weren't paying attention, but then we would just hear it again, you know, but it was there was breaks in between. Yeah, but uh, but at this point, you know, we were in our tents, were laying there. I couldn't sleep because this thing was screaming and they were all giggling and talking in their tent, and so I was like, man, I just I'm gonna get a bottle of water, and I'm just gonna, you know, just try to try to ease my mind in some way. Just just go get a drink of water. So I got out of my tent and asked them if they wanted.
Speaker 2: A bottle water.
Speaker 1: Walked across the beach and it was about I don't know, I don't even remember what I what I said on the video, probably fifty or so yards away from our tent, and I grabbed the three bottles of water, and when I stood up, this thing yelled down at me like it was standing above me. And there was there was like the shrubbery and kind of like some bushes and stuff near our camp, like or where the where I was standing, and so that was probably six or seven feet away, and this thing was standing in those bushes and it screamed down at me, and it like, I mean, I can't describe to you the feeling of this and how absolutely terrifying it was. I mean, I thought that was it, Like, I mean, this thing was standing next to me, and I just with everything inside of me, I just took off, running towards their tent, got inside of it.
Speaker 2: And at this point they're screaming.
Speaker 1: I'm screaming, like we're freaking the crap out trying to figure this out. His girlfriend's crying like, oh my gosh, it was just horrible. It was like a horror movie. I mean seriously. And then it was when we heard the footsteps. So we heard the footsteps and it started walking towards our tent and the temperature changed. That's when I mean, like, I've experienced a lot of things in my life. We've done a lot of inner city ministry, where you know, one of the things we say in the inner city is darkness doesn't hide. We've seen a lot of weird stuff and things that I can't explain, and so I kind of knew at this point that we were dealing with something that was way deeper than just like an animal or like even just a bigfoot messing with us. Like there was some spiritual kind of thing in this and and it that that's what really like put me into a place where I'm like Lord, I'll never drink again. I'll never this is it, Like I'm in your hands, take the wheel, Jesus, you know, but uh, I did like trying to make sense of that your brain. I mean, you just feel like you're going crazy. And this thing's walking towards our tent and you can you can feel the footsteps and hear the footsteps, and I'm I'm doing the calculations in my head. I'm like, this thing is heavy. I mean, if anybody's ever walked in that beautiful white sand at black Water, I mean in the area we have the whitest beaches in the world in Pennsicul, Florida, pearly white beaches, and there the sand is so soft, it's not like an East Coast sand and and so man, Yeah, to to make any type of movement or feel that in the sand.
Speaker 2: You got to be hundreds of pounds.
Speaker 1: And it walked up to our tent and that's when we all just kind of laid down, and his girlfriend buried her head into his his arms, and and it just started screaming at our tent as loud as it could, smacking it, I mean, trying to push it. But obviously it's a tent and it's staked down so it's not go anywhere, but he was like pushing the sides of it. And then and I'm just looking up, like what do I do about this? I mean, I'm my roommate's yelling at it to stop, but I don't think that's working. So when I the moment where I realized that we we're dealing with some type of like bigfoot, is when he pushed his hand down on the tent. And that's when I looked over at my roommate Tray and I'm like, we're we're deep into this, like that we're in something here. And he's like, that's a human hand, and I'm like, that's that a legitimate five fingered human hand. And this thing was huge, like he can that thing just could probably close fist of basketball.
Speaker 2: And then the hand was so big, like it was so big.
Speaker 1: I mean, just again, our brains like trying to make sense to this, but it just wasn't. And so laying in that tent, it walked around the tent, it would walk away from the tent. It sounded like he was messing with our other Buddi's tent. But of course he was like dead to the world. I don't know how in the world that guy did not wake up, but you can hear his tent moving around, and so we were like hoping that he wasn't like opening that tent or like do.
Speaker 2: Anything to him.
Speaker 1: It just walked around our campsite, screaming, throwing things, ripping stuff. It ripped this is It just blew my mind at the sheer power that it ripped our cooler in half. It wasn't like it ripped the lid off and like then ripped and you know, like that it was closed and this thing looked like our cooler. It was a typical Igloo cooler. It wasn't some you know, nice one. But uh, it like twisted and ripped this thing in half. And uh and then that we found out the next morning. But uh, and it came back to our tent.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: At this point, the second time it came to our tent, there was a bush behind our tent and it was pretty close to our tent, and he just ripped that thing in half.
Speaker 2: Like you just hear the snap whoosh, and you can see.
Speaker 1: The side of the tent move because he just ripped the roots right out of the ground and uh, and then started pushing down on our tent again, screaming at our tent. And man, at this point, I felt like I was almost numb to the experience because it was going so long. Like I'm just sitting there like that, there's nothing I can do in this, in this situation, and uh, you know Grant, uh my buddy or my roommate Tray and I we just we were along for the ride, and his girlfriend the same Sustas buried her head the whole time and crying and screaming and stuff like that. And uh, and then I heard it walk across the river and then you hear just like snapping and breaking for the rest of the night and him screaming, and he wasn't screaming as loud as he was before. It was like he was getting over it or over over it or something. But uh, this is snap snapping and screaming. And so I finally fell asleep, I don't know what time, but woke up and the sun was out, and I'm like, man, you know.
Speaker 2: It's over. I can't believe like that happened.
Speaker 1: And we lived through it, and so got out of my tent, and uh, you know, the area was littered with massive footprints. I mean, these things were huge footprints, and I'm like, you know, then kind of like realizing that we did actually have a big foot experience like this, this is that.
Speaker 2: That creature, you know. And the temperature was back that was perfectly normal.
Speaker 1: And uh, so I knew it wasn't a cold front unless it was some weird like couple hour cold front, which I've never experienced in Florida, but uh, but I guess it could be.
Speaker 2: I saw it.
Speaker 1: I actually saw that on one of the comments, and I'm like, hey, you never know, I don't know, but some freak event. But trying to of course, trying to rationalize this and and uh and you know, everything's ripped up, and so I've kind of surveyed every area, noticed that my buddy's tent is okay, and uh and then I noticed that that they had that damage on the other side. And you can see a significant kind of like uh damage to the clay on the other side of the embankment. So I'm like, oh, just so he did actually go up there, you could tell.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go check that out.
Speaker 1: And so I was like getting the canoe into the water and luckily he didn't do anything to our actual flotation devices, which it again that that made me to believe that there was there was an intelligent intelligence behind it, and the fact that he just didn't want us git there, like yeah, he didn't want us ever coming back, and so he didn't destroy anything that we needed to move on, which was interesting. But uh, I was getting the canoe in the water. My buddy woke up and he comes out of the tent just like what the frick and he's saying, we had a bear attack or something, and there was all this stuff, and I'm like, do you honestly think a bear would make that footprint? And so his brain is going through the same process that we were going through last night, and he's trying to wrap his head around all of this, and I said, jump in the canoe with me.
Speaker 2: I want to go check out that embankment. And he's like, what did this?
Speaker 1: And I told him I think it was bigfoot, and obviously he's like, there's no way, no way, and didn't wake up.
Speaker 2: That entire night just blew my mind.
Speaker 1: But I got in the canoe, we went across the river, we climbed the embankment, and then six feet up on these trees were twisted like the trees that were you know, stacked into those four trees, and they were twisted and snapped and some were still attached to the tree and some were completely snapped off the trees. But there had to have been over a dozen of these things, Like, I mean, the sheer power of doing that even once, but multiple times.
Speaker 2: It was just crazy. And so we're checking it all out.
Speaker 1: We come to the area where it looked like it was it kind of moved some stuff and cleared some brush. Two giant butt prints, biggest butt prints I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Got a laugh out of that, and that was that was a lot of fun. But I saw that.
Speaker 1: I mean, where he sat down there was a bush and it was it was also ripped in half. And then uh, there was no no damage any further. And so we were walking back and that's when my roommate woke up and he came out of his tent and he's like, dude, let's just go.
Speaker 2: I don't want to beer anymore.
Speaker 4: Like he was just completely done because I didn't get any sleep last night, you know, just trying to help his girlfriend go to sleep and she wouldn't go to sleep and she was terrified and all this stuff.
Speaker 1: So he's he was completely done, and we're like, no problem, you know, we'll get back over there and we'll be on our way and get to the area where you go down the abankment to get the canoe. And then we noticed some more damage to the left, which was directly in front of our campsite, and so we walked over there, and as we were walking over and kind of surveying the damage, it was just like the bottom of this tree just pretty much blew up, like just boom. And it was like a half rotted, huge oak tree like had some damage, but it still had some greenery and stuff on it. But this thing, I mean came at us. It wasn't a slow fall either. I mean this it was before you knew it it was. It was falling on us, and we both dove out of the way. I didn't know my buddy Grant dove out of the way. All I knew was I dove out of the way, and when I turned around, he was gone, and I thought this tree crushed him. So I'm screaming his name, and at the same time, I just feel this good and I'm talking this real I mean the ground I bounced. It was such a heavy hit on the ground, and then you just hear this boom boom boom boom, and you're feeling the footprints and something running off and so I'm screaming at this point.
Speaker 2: God grant, you know. And he's like, man, I'm okay, I'm okay.
Speaker 1: What was that. We're trying to climb out of this tree and I mean, we fell between these these big branches and by the grace of God, we no one got hurt. But we climb out and we look over at my roommate and he is pale white. I mean, and this guy is like slightly Italian like, he has kind of a darker complexion and uh and I'm I'm talking like, he's pale white.
Speaker 2: And he's just standing there, drops his.
Speaker 1: Water bottle, uh, turns around and just screaming, we gotta go, we gotta go, we gotta go. Jumped on his tent with his girlfriend inside of it while trying to disassemble the tent, and he's just freaking out.
Speaker 2: We're like, try, what did you say? You know, it's like and he's he's like, don't.
Speaker 1: Worry about it.
Speaker 2: We gotta go.
Speaker 1: You know what, everything we gotta go. We gotta go, and and I'm like, all right, you know, we'll do it. We we got on the other side of the river, we got everything packed and he's like, if you don't mind, I'm taking the canoe and uh and man, he literally ran from one beach. If if you saw picture on the on the actual post, he ran from one beach to the next. Like he would run and then jump in the canoe and it would push the canoe to the next beach and then he would just jump out, grab the rope, take off running. And he did that all the way back to the cars, which I mean he did another several hour float and probably two or three hours, and we I, uh, my other buddy and I we just we just floated normally because we're like, I mean, what what are we going to do at this.
Speaker 2: Point, We're not We're not doing that. You know, I don't know what that was. We're not doing that.
Speaker 1: So uh So, yeah, we get back to the house.
Speaker 2: It had to been probably two weeks later. Uh.
Speaker 1: He finally comes to me and he's like, I got to tell you what I saw.
Speaker 2: I haven't been able to sleep.
Speaker 1: I see this thing in my dreams, I think about this thing and it makes me like lose lose concentration on what I'm doing. He goes, I just can't get it out of my head, and I think you need to talk about it.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, please, like I'm ready for this.
Speaker 1: And he said when he when he got out of the tent, he grabbed bottle of water and he tilted it up to drink the bottle of water, and he looked up and this thing was sitting in the tree staring.
Speaker 2: At him, and.
Speaker 1: And he he just like, what what the And he sees it, and he said it was like a dark like blackish brown fur hair like long hair. It had like a no hair on its face, and it was like this this like grayish tone skin on the face.
Speaker 2: And then there's like huge eyes. And he said the eyes.
Speaker 1: Were enormous, like like abnormally large eyes, not like human eyes, but these you know, almost like if you think like alien eyes.
Speaker 2: You know aliens have the really big eyes. Yeah, kind of like that.
Speaker 1: He's like, he's just huge eyes. And this thing was just pitch black eyes. You know, you couldn't see anything else, just pitch black eyes. And it and it stood up and looked at him, and he said, at that point, it was almost like it knew everything about him and it and it knew it was like something telepathically like He's like, do that thing was was like making me aware that it knew me kind of thing, like I'm like, what, Like, what are you trying He's trying to explain this to me. I'm like, dude, what in the world are you talking about. He's like, it knew things about me, and uh. And and then he said it just turned and jumped away from you guys. And he said, when this thing launched out of the tree, he goes, there had to been nine feet tall, eight nine feet tall, something like that, and it jumped and launched the tree with with the amount of force of the body, launched the tree at us. And that's that's when the bottom of the tree snapped and.
Speaker 2: All that stuff.
Speaker 1: And then it just landed and took off running, and uh, that that's our experience. So that was that was so terrifying, so terrifying. But yeah, and a little little PTSD about it. I was even writing it out and I had to like stop and like take a break here and there just writing it because I like thinking all the details again and it's definitely not something I ever want to experience ever again. And we've never been back. That was the last time I actually floated Blackwater River.
Speaker 3: I mean, geez, man, I'm assuming that your friend who saw it wasn't like a bigfoot guy or anything not in the Bigfoot.
Speaker 2: Now, if if he.
Speaker 1: Couldn't see it and feel it, it didn't exist to him.
Speaker 2: And that, I mean, that is the best best way to describe him.
Speaker 1: He was the most practical, logical person you've ever met in your life. I mean, and that I mean, is such a good guy, like we were like brothers. But but yeah, no, he wasn't a bigfoot guy.
Speaker 3: I don't say. I'm not saying this to like question your story. I'm just saying that if someone were to imagine bigfoot or what bigfoot were like, who had never had any interest in this subject, the giant eyes and telepathic stuff like, that's not something that I you would think of, you know what I mean, Like, yeah, absolutely, it would just be like, oh, yeah, there's this big, giant hair covered ape thing that just kind of looked at me and turned and walked off. Not I mean, that's scary man, that's really scary.
Speaker 2: Where I honestly took it.
Speaker 1: And the last thing that I really kind of summed or I don't know how you want to say it, Like, my conclusion to this was was that it was such a terrifying experience that I think a lot of what he thought when he saw it was made up. I think I think he kind of did that himself. I just my personal opinion. I don't know if you've ever had experience like that. I can face to face with a mountain lion one time, and I swear to you that thing was looking into my soul like that was a scary experience, you know, like and it had this just look in his eyes like you know, I'm I'm an alpha, alpha predator kind of thing. And and I so I thought, like, you know, how much was that honestly true or how much was it him laying in bed at night thinking and mulling this over and.
Speaker 2: Coming to that conclusion.
Speaker 1: So, you know, the only thing that that just really honestly freaked me out to a new level was the temperature change that was that was something that he even thought about leaving out of the story when I was writing it, where I was like, man, shall I even put this? Like, you know, I want to be as factual as possible to the story, and you know that that part was just couldn't definitely make people think, oh, yeah, this is definitely made up because of how supernatural that is. But I want it to be as authentic to the story as poss But I'm honestly like, you know, does the haters really matter in this at this point?
Speaker 3: Is no? Actually so they don't. Yeah, I mean, I'm glad you made that decision. I agree one thousand percent, just putting in every detail how you experienced it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: Maybe the temperature change was related, Maybe it wasn't. We don't really know.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't think Florida is known for its sudden temporary cold fronts, though, especially in an area like you're describing like that that would be pretty shielded from the elements, I would assume.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And one of the things, obviously this is very like very humid in this area, and so to see your breath, it has to be pretty decently cold. And it didn't feel like it was cold enough for us to see our breath, but we can see our breath, and that was freaky. So that that was the That was where I was like, Okay, this is definitely supernatural versus something natural. Was that one part because I think you got to be you got to be at least thirty degrees or under in Florida to see your breast and it. And I could be wrong, but I believe that I've been here twenty six years and that's typically when you can is when it gets that that cold. But yeah, I don't know, And now I did. I did some research and that area is a hot bed for bigfoot sightings. So there's definitely something in that area.
Speaker 3: I mean, it makes sense it would be a hot bed. Having an experience like that, I mean tearing a cooler in a half man, that's crazy. That the amount of strength whenever you first walked out there and it screamed at you from the bushes, was this like next to you or in front of you? Did you see any silhouette or anything?
Speaker 2: No, So it was to the right of me.
Speaker 1: And it's again, it is pitch black out there, like pitch black. The only the only reason I knew where the cooler was because there was still a little embers in the fire pit. But it's pitch black, there is no light, and where we are not near towns cities. I mean, it is out in the woods. So when it screamed, I did not. I mean, it's just personally me. I didn't dare look up. I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to look up.
Speaker 1: I just I just kept my head down, looked straight out of the sand, and bolted for their tent. But it was it was standing to the right of me, and so the fire pit was to the left of me, cooler in front, and about seven feet away, six seven feet away something like that. There was just kind of tall grass and stuff right there, and he was standing in the grass and screamed down at me and pretty I mean I said it in the story. It was either sitting in a tree or this thing was nine feet tall.
Speaker 2: And uh. And so.
Speaker 1: Then and then when I got into the tent, of course, the footsteps, I mean, you can tell that it was exactly where it was, standing in those bushes. You hear the grass and the bushes moving and crackling, and him walking over to us from where he was standing. So I mean, he could have he could have definitely grabbed me.
Speaker 2: I don't think he wanted to.
Speaker 3: Do though, I mean something with that kind of power, I don't think the tent was doing any good. It definitely sounds like a situation where, for whatever reason, it just didn't want you there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, it was being nice to us.
Speaker 3: Which seems kind of strange really considering where you were. I mean, a pretty active spot for people to go canoeing and stuff, and like you said, there was a previous campfire and everything right there at that beach, So it's not that there's no human traffic there.
Speaker 1: There was, Yeah, unless we were like the second group to do that, and he was sick of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hey, you guys left a mess here last time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you left a mess. Yeah, and I'm mad about it and I'm gonna take it out on you guys.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I we the whole first day, we didn't see a single person out there, and it was it was on a Saturday, and we didn't we didn't see a single person. So, I mean we went way up there, and I definitely would say there's probably people floating that, but but not as you know, the normal amount, not a lot of people.
Speaker 2: That's a that's a pretty popular river.
Speaker 3: Did you notice any out of ordinary wildlife behavior or anything. I know, that's kind of a hard thing to remember that long ago. But did anything stand out where like the birds singing and all that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: So one one thing that actually stood out to me was there was no wildlife, like no wildlife and we didn't see a movie. Saw maybe a bird or two here and there, but there was Typically in that area, you have a good amount of snakes, and that's you see that a lot. I do believe that they have beavers and otters, and you know on land obviously, foxes, coyotes, bore tons and tons and tons of squirrels.
Speaker 2: Typically you see a.
Speaker 1: Decent amount of wildlife out in those areas, especially when they're when there's like not a lot of humans out there, and there was none just a bird here and there, and uh. But I didn't really pay a lot of attention to that when I was floating.
Speaker 2: But when I was really going over everything, I asked.
Speaker 1: My buddy and I was like, did you see any wildlife when you're floating down the river And he's like, honestly, I didn't see any at all. I'm like, dude, I wonder if the even the wildlife knew.
Speaker 2: And we also have deer.
Speaker 1: I mean, we have buck and dough and all that stuff out there, but there was just nothing.
Speaker 3: How deep was the water in like the width of the river where your camp was.
Speaker 1: Were We were in an area where the deepest point is about eight feet And then how big is that river? I mean, trying to think of yardage or footage, I would say at that that point, it was probably fifty ish feet wide or something.
Speaker 2: What.
Speaker 1: It's not a big it's more of a snake river. It's not a not a big, crazy wide river. In some points it really narrows down, but I think the largest areas are probably one hundred and two hundred feet wide, not not not very big.
Speaker 3: You mentioned hearing it cross the river, I mean, not swimming. I assume it was walking across the river.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so that was a big part of it.
Speaker 1: So when I look down in the water when we were in the canoe, eight feet down or footprints, and we both saw that, and he's like, dude, the how big or how heavy you would have to be to walk across this river and to like make footprints in the sand?
Speaker 2: I mean just and then they're still there. I mean, this is moving water. Obviously, it's not really fast.
Speaker 1: It's a good floating river, like a like a current, like a lazy river. But man to leave a footprint in the sand and it's still be there the next morning, that's that's some heavy, some heavy stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Florida has those crystal clear rivers too. That that would have had to have been a crazy experience, man, if you had to guess, I mean, I assumed you didn't measure any of the footprints that you saw, but like, how big were they?
Speaker 1: So I would say at least it would be over a twenty shoe size. Jeez, I mean at least. I mean way, we're pretty tall people in my family. I'm and my brother six six, and my dad's sixty six and I'm six' one. My brother has like, you know, thirteen sized shoe, It's like thirteen and a half or something. And you know, I've seen I've been around a lot of big shoes, and this this thing.
Speaker 2: These were huge.
Speaker 1: I mean obviously the foot I don't think would even be able to fit in a shoe because of how white it was too. So this thing was big. I mean you can tell like just pure muscle. It's just a huge freaking foot and it's just big, one big, big foot.
Speaker 2: I would I remember putting my foot into.
Speaker 1: It, and I put my my toes where his toes were, and then my foot in it. My heel was still on the front part of his foot. So imagine kind of how big that is. So it might have been over nine feet tall. I mean, this thing had to been huge.
Speaker 3: The tree wall structure that you saw whenever you first you talked about the other trees being stacked up. Yeah, were they just like leaning against the trees or were they like woven through them?
Speaker 2: So they were.
Speaker 1: They were stacked three deep, so that the trees, these four trees were pretty you gotta like a you know, three tree distance between each other. And so he stacked three trees down on the ground and then just started stacking them on top of each other. And so the trees kind of widened at the top. And these trees were stacked from three all the way up to you know, like stacked six or seven wide, but it went about seven feet high like that. It was it was over my head for sure, But it wasn't woven through. They were just stacked on top of each other in straight line.
Speaker 3: And then the trees on the ends were the ones that were twisted and broken over.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, and both sides of those trees that were stacked, they were twisted off.
Speaker 2: I mean, just crazy crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's one of the things.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: And I know people, you know, skeptic that think this is all crazy stuff, which I understand, I've been there, but uh yeah, you know they're like, oh, well, you know, wind can do that, snow can do that. Yeah, I know, man, But whenever you're standing there looking at something that is very clearly something grabbed it with a hand and twisted it, and you're just like, yeah, what I mean, I can't do that with a really small treat.
Speaker 1: Maunt of force you would have to do to do that, I mean, to have I mean that wrisk strength.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean your hand.
Speaker 1: I just yeah, yeah, you do the math, and it's just it's just crazy. But I you know, one thing I absolutely love is the fact that people do have the right to be skeptic. Skeptic, you do have the right to question, and you're you would be silly not to question, you know.
Speaker 2: But I do believe that we we.
Speaker 1: Barely know thirty percent of what's going on on this planet, and what we truly live in. There's so much more mystery out there, but it's it's definitely intriguing.
Speaker 3: So after this happened, you get back home, did you tell your family?
Speaker 2: No, we waited a while. We all kind of had a powwow.
Speaker 1: We're like, all right, like, you know, obviously we're all associated in this story, in this experience.
Speaker 2: You know, how do we want to do this?
Speaker 1: And we all kind of agreed just to wait a little bit, try to really hone down what's happened, because in the moment your brain, you'll you'll see so many things. There's i mean, just really getting that that factual story down. And so we all sat down and wrote out those stories and then came together and like looked at each one of our stories and solidified literally really what happened. And and then at that point we're like, all right, you know, use your discretion. I want to be anonymous. I mean, over the years, they've they wanted to stay anonymous because I asked before, like, you know, what would you guys think about sharing our story on this and they still obviously all have families and they don't want to be written as crazy. But I'm like, I'm looking at the state of the world today and how chaotic it is, and I'm like, this is a perfect time this story.
Speaker 2: Tell everybody my Bigfoot story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this one right out there and nobody will even.
Speaker 2: Notice, don't even notice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I'm glad that you decided to come forward and share it. It's very interesting and actually have quite a bit of information that adds in a few more pieces to the puzzle, I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were able to find a significant amount of evidence in other stories relating correlating to ours, and that's that's what really gave us, you know, confidently gave us the ability to say this was a Bigfoot experience. But a lot of the experiences that we had, besides the temperature change, was a lot in that Washington State area and when there was tons of sightings out there, so we were able to.
Speaker 2: Watch some videos on that.
Speaker 1: But but yeah, definitely go down in history as the strangest experience of my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Have you ever experienced anything paranormal or UFOs or anything like that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, actually I did with my mom one time in Oregon and the only only other experience we had with these things.
Speaker 2: But I was the paper boy.
Speaker 1: And I think had I was I don't know eleven ten or eleven or something like that, but it was.
Speaker 2: On early morning.
Speaker 1: The sun was coming up, and we stopped and there was you know, it was in Sisters organ It was these Three Sisters mountains and when the sun's rising, man, it's one of the most breathtaking things you've ever seen in your life. And so we stopped and we were watching the sunset. We're like, man, that's gorgeous and uh. And we look over and like almost directly behind us were these clouds and they were red and I'm like, yeah, look, it's beautiful.
Speaker 2: It's like shining on those clouds.
Speaker 1: And then we realized that that was like orangish, you know, normal like sunrise color, and this was like a blood red in this cloud. We were like, what the heck and uh, and then it started pulsating and it like moved to another cloud and that's when we jumped in our car and drove off.
Speaker 2: We're like, no, no, we're not. It was like. The funny thing was it was over cows.
Speaker 1: It was like a cow pastor so but did some research and we actually found in a.
Speaker 2: Book someone else.
Speaker 1: It was like some UFO book and someone was talking about a red light and it transferred from one cloud to the next. But that's the only other experience I've had with with like an alien like thing. And we had some really creepy things happened in a house that we rented in Montana, but nothing too crazy.
Speaker 2: It's just kind of like footprints or a.
Speaker 1: Footsteps in this house was the weirdest thing, old eighteen hundreds house and we every once in a while you just hear something run across the living room floor and there was like no one in there, and you're like, yeah, that's creepy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I've been in a situation like that before. Definitely creepy, definitely creepy.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: But that house, the people that owned it went senile and died in the house, and so that when they cleaned the house up and everything, the city or the daughter of the couple that went crazy and died in the house rented the house to us, and that's when just weird, strange things.
Speaker 2: That house just was uncomfortable, not cool.
Speaker 3: So with the temperature change, and like you said, you know, there's strange things that you experience, especially things of an evil nature. Sometimes what we perceive is evil from a Christian standpoint. What are your thoughts about this situation. Do you think Bigfoot is something natural? Do you think it's something demonic? Do you have any thoughts on that.
Speaker 1: I definitely think it's something demonic if it I mean, obviously you know this is all hearsay kind of theory, my theory not factual.
Speaker 2: But it's like the feeling I had.
Speaker 1: When it was doing what it was doing, and when it was in the area, it was pure fear and not like not like my fear, but there was just like a presence of fear. I don't know if you kind of get what I'm saying, but it was like just this just this feeling like you're like, this is not a okay.
Speaker 2: This is not a godly thing.
Speaker 1: This is not something just like a normal animal, like uh, There's there's a level of fear and evil to it. And I do believe personally that Bigfoot is an interdimensional being.
Speaker 2: If that was like some.
Speaker 1: Type of creature that that fell when the angels fell in heaven and all these things, I have no idea, but but I do believe it is an interdimensional being. And that's why you know, we don't have full skeletons of these things and stuff like that, like that's it's rare to find any type or remains of these. But uh, and and then it does have the ability to, I guess manufacture supernatural strength and different features and stuff like that. Personally, that's what I believe, and that's why it had such strength the way it did.
Speaker 2: I mean, the amount of muscle you need to do something like that.
Speaker 1: And personally, I just I just think there was muscle and some type of supernatural involvement in it.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's what I tell people. You know, it's easy to sit here and hear a story. And like you said, skepticism is a good thing, and asking questions is a good thing. But the person that knows best is the person that experienced it. And from my perception of the story, while we don't know the reason for the temperature change, it sounds like you feel that it was definitely connected to the event. And typically temperature changes like that are connected to paranormal or supernatural events. I mean, that's a very common thing for paranormal investigators to experience, and that's a very common aspect of demonic activity. And that's, you know, one of the reasons I really wanted to get you on and hear this story first, and because that is an aspect that I had never heard before in relation to Bigfoot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely interesting, Isaiah.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Thanks for sharing your story, Thanks for coming on and sharing your story.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, thank you for having me on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's one for the ages. If you've had your own encounter with Bigfoot or something else you can't explain, shoot me an email at Bigfoot Crossroads at gmail dot com. Check out the website Bigfootcrossroads dot com. You can find links to my social media, past episodes, merchandise, everything you need all in one place. And until next time, remember there's something in the woods.