Speaker 1: Ah, yes, you're listening to the Benet Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. Thanks for rolling with us today. We're looking for something delicious for dinner tonight. How about Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen and Plano, Texas skin Wire folks flocking to Andrews man. Let's face it, yesterday was National Pizza Day. Because everyone loves pizza.
Speaker 2: And here's the deal man, Andrews has the best, according to the readers of the Dallas Morning News. They voted. They said Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. And it's maybe because they have perfected five different styles. Emonds have a pizza style for everyone in your crew. Go see for yourself. Great bar, great pasta, great pizza, great location. Right there at Preston and Plano Parkway. It is Andrews American Pizza Kitchen. Well, right now it's time for this.
Speaker 3: And now it's time for Basi Sweet Day, a day featuring veteran news anchor Katie fun tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 4: I think we've got a situation with drive through food right now now where it's just too chaotic on the menu screen.
Speaker 2: What do you mean it's like there's a bunch of they show a bunch of cartoons.
Speaker 4: Unless you're going to like a anime, I'll use a Oh no, they are showing on a video screens actually now in there.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 4: But uh, unless you're going like a Raisin Canes where they have their set menu pretty basic.
Speaker 2: I like places with stripped down menus like Raisin Canes. Yeah, there's something to be said for that. On's that time. Christine, for instance, was not I tend me on like Taco Bell.
Speaker 5: You know what. I went to Taco Bell maybe a month ago, and I was surprised that they had like an automated screen, like it was an automated person taking my order.
Speaker 2: Insane. What happened to you used to go to Taco Bell every three days?
Speaker 4: I know?
Speaker 5: I started taking care of myself.
Speaker 2: Let her look at her boys. Also, the Taco bells they change out crap all the time, and I don't even go that often. I don't know. Last time, it was like two or three weeks ago. And my kids they're nineteen seventeen, so their Taco Bell all the damn time. And so I was coming up from an AV game and I called my wife. She's like, hey, would you swing by and pick up some taco bell for the kids. I was like sure, and I pulled up at the menu looked like what Katie was talking about, and it looked like something out of Blade Runner.
Speaker 5: It was like, too much going on. You just do the exact same order every time.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Well, there was a bunch of crap on there that I was like, no, I don't want a Freedo shell. I don't know what you're doing.
Speaker 4: So I try not to buy coffee drive through style, but sometimes if you're in a pinch, you need it or whatever, you gotta do it. So I don't really do this a lot. But Starbucks is downsizing their menu, but they should thirty percent.
Speaker 2: They should do it by fifty beverage and food.
Speaker 4: And the reason they're doing it is for a couple of reasons. Number one, revenue flats. You try to make it a little change there. But number two, like, it's not like confusing the customers, confusing to their.
Speaker 2: Baristas as well. Right, it's a little too much.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like trying to remember cheesecake factory menu. Right, Oh my god, way too much on there there.
Speaker 2: But I assume what you're saying is good, Sign me, sign me up for Cheesecake Factory. I'm on board. I love cheesecake and it does. It's an expansive menu and it is overwhelming. Yes, but I'm down, but it's interesting. Cheesecake Factory has a thousand things. Starbucks their food selection, I know, I always just ended up getting a buttered crosscause I'm like, all right, that's fine, that's not gonna suck. Like they're not known for their food.
Speaker 5: I know, do they have a spinach fada wrap that's really good?
Speaker 2: Is it found her go to menu item?
Speaker 5: You got some egg whites that are pretty good too.
Speaker 2: That stuff just to me, it tastes like they trucked it in and it was frozen and they heated it. It tastes like microwave food. To me, it is it is, yeah, and it's like, I just I don't want to I don't want to do that to that, to that to my stomachs. I'm already put coffee on it.
Speaker 5: You want to needt Taco Bell to or something else that.
Speaker 2: I honestly I hardly ever eat Taco Bell anymore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I don't happen. There's one near me. I didn't for years, and now there's one so close. And sometimes you're just you're coming home from something and okay, yeah, I need something tonight.
Speaker 2: So I'm not joking quick easy. From the age of sixteen when I could drive, to the age probably of twenty nine or thirty, I bet I ate more Taco Bell than anything by a racio of four to one. That's why it's maddening that you're a pencil. I got a crazy fast metabolism shaped like a pencil. I'm shaped like a pencil and not a pencil. And my boobies are erasers. Okay, but what I'm saying is is that you hit a wall with your health or you're like and it's not just Taco Bell. I'm not beating up Taco Bear, No, no, no, it's any Yeah, I'm just like, man, my body can't I make a concession? And and I honestly, I tricked myself into thinking that tacos are probably the best fast food I to get, and then I open it, I'm like, I'm gonna eat that. That's weird to think that tacos would be the healthiest thing. What would it be?
Speaker 5: It was on some report recently like healthy fast food, and it was one of their hard shell tacos on there.
Speaker 2: As long as if they can if it's especially if they just made that ground beef a little bit leaner, or you go with chicken and cheese and lettuce round turkey Bill, I would take ground.
Speaker 4: That's my taco work right at home is one of my classic go to is probably once a month ground turkey bell pepper as the shell.
Speaker 2: Then you're not having the carbs on the shell.
Speaker 4: Yep. Now it sucks, it's not as crunchy, but you can make it work. I feel good about that.
Speaker 5: So the Starbucks getting rid of their food, well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, food and beverage. Maybe there's downsizing by thirty percent, does I say what?
Speaker 2: They're getting rid of the spinach?
Speaker 4: So I don't think they've just I don't think they've decided yet. What how do you make an announcement like that not decide?
Speaker 5: Come on, you want do you want to talk to Jerry Joe?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well so Dorothy on the menu.
Speaker 4: This is what's weird is we'll see if this happens with Taco Bell too. Because the person, believe it or not, his name is Mike Grahams.
Speaker 2: He was the former president of Taco Bell.
Speaker 4: He's now the Starbucks Chief Stores Officer for North America. So considering he's got crazy menu and now he's in charge and they're doing cutbacks something to watch people, you know, on the on the healthy food thing real quick. I just say I get tricked into uh you know, I don't get tricked into it, but I used to. Now I know, I've learned in the last five years what is actually good and bad. I've taken time to try to educate myself on what is good or bad for me and understand that Velvet Taco tried to pull a fast one on me because they've now introduced bowls as well. Yeah right, and you're like, and then you order it and you're like, it's kind of slop you here, not sloppy, It's just like, I know what I'm eating here. It tastes too good to be good for me, right, So it's not right because then Chipotle I will get you on that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, if I got Chipotle and I see that delicious cheese and guacamole, I'm gonna force a lot of it on the bowl that I'm getting for you too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So are you a sour cream guy. I'm not a sour cream guy. I kind of thought that about you. Yeah, I gotta I got a word for you guys. See if you guys have ever and it kind of ties into what we're talking about. See if you guys have ever seen this on the internet. A friend just sent me this. Do you guys know the word? Cuchi sabihi? Okay? Sokuchi sabichi is a.
Speaker 5: I think it's an Alan Jackson song, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is it Vietnamese? It's a Japanese word, and it means lonely mouth. Huh, hold on, Okay, it's she used to describe the act of eating when you're not hungry, or eating out of boredom. So sometimes there's translation things that are so it literally translates to lonely mouth. But you know it's like comfort eating. Yeah, it's kind of their way of saying comfort eating.
Speaker 4: In the break room, they've got a huge tub of snacks. Sometimes sometimes it's empty. You'll walk by it, not hungry, but I've just grabbed a candy, a little candy out of it because I had some couchie sabeci.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not even hungry. Why am I eating this deviled egg? What happened?
Speaker 4: So a way to get to treat couchie Sabeci is to brush your teeth?
Speaker 2: Is that right? Because you know what's good for you brushing your teeth?
Speaker 4: Any what else is also like you don't want to eat after you have toothpaste in your mouth.
Speaker 2: It's not lonely, it's getting treated to something.
Speaker 5: I'm just impressed that he keeps saying this word that we just heard like three times. He's not looking at it in front of him.
Speaker 2: So I'm the friend that texted him that term. Oh okay, that'd be stupid. No, I would be genius. What if Kati texted me a word and I presented it back to him five minutes later, I forgot who sent me this?
Speaker 4: Okay, So one more story I'd like to squeeze in here in this segment. I haven't been to CVS in a while. I don't like to go CVS because I feel or Walgreens or Yes, I don't like to go there because I feel like people who go there are sick.
Speaker 2: I ever knew that's what it stood.
Speaker 5: For consumer value stores. It's awesome. There's one right down the street from us. We go there all the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's great. Right, they have everything you ever need. Back in the mornings, there's that one. I would stop there sometimes because it was great and they're open twenty four hours. But one thing that they do is they do have items that are stored in shelves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're all razors. Is it all razors? I mean razors are locked down personal massage devices.
Speaker 5: Yes, I answer so fast.
Speaker 2: I've got a big black one.
Speaker 4: So they are testing out a program and it's not it's not official yet. They're testing it out that would allow customers, if they have this app, to unlock the locked shelves.
Speaker 2: Oh, because they've been vetted. Yes, I like that.
Speaker 5: I don't know, it seems like a bad idea.
Speaker 2: That does seem like a horrible idea. Well you know what it is though. It's their version of uh, you know, fast pass at the airport, like you know, you get, you get vetted, and then hey, you can go through this thing and of course you're never going to change your mind and turn into a terrace, but it's that whole idea. So it's like, Okay, we know who you are, and if your app is near the thing, and it opens it, then there's the theft, and we can track you down. Because really all it is is once you do the app, they are tracking you.
Speaker 5: Well, what if there's a robber there. He knows that you're vetted, so he uses you, you know, at gunpoint to open all the razors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he sees you there all the time, he knows you have the app. This is a very elaborate scenario she worked out in her head. Where the robber's been staking you buying razors consistently at gendbs. Also, though it could mean they don't have enough people working at the store, they don't. Granted, if you go up to.
Speaker 4: The pharmacy or the drive through of the pharmacy, there's like nine birds back there trying to find everyone's medicine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then only one person at the very front.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and one person at the front, and you know, self check out line. Everyone's waiting in line there.
Speaker 2: Everybody stop. I need to get this People magazine. Good job, Kevin. What is the word?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 2: I thought it was Cucci. I thought it was Cucci Sabihi, but I think he pronounces it better. All Right, that's gonna do it for us. The Today Game is coming up next right here. On ninety seven point one, the Eagles