Speaker 1: The earlier accident that was blocking the right lane is now clear.
Speaker 2: Seven seventy five slows through.
Speaker 1: Blachlan Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRCD Talk Station eight thirty one fifty five care Seedy Talk Station. Aloys like to point out the only sanctioned Christmas music allowed on the fifty five KRSEE Morning Show, So saith me. Brian Thomas hosted the fifty five Carsee Morning Show and more fundamentally, Joseph Strucker, execut producer of the fifty five Carssee Morning Show, who lines up this man every Thursday? And I dearly love Jay Ratlif. I heard media aviation expert good Man he is, and I love our conversations. Welcome back, my dear friend. Happy holidays, Merry Christmas to you and.
Speaker 2: The same to you. Yeah, Joe can track me down any part of this planet that I happen to be on, he finds it.
Speaker 1: I know he's good at that, is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Anyhow real quick here, fed announced the raid cut and it sounds to me like it's going to be one of few. It looks like what they they're suggesting. Maybe possibly two next year, but maybe not. And somebody apparently I get the impression they're ignoring the ongoing inflationary reality we're dealing with. I mean this, all this stuff is like the peace of God, specifically the Federal Reserve itself. But I know you are a stock trader extraordinaire daytrade fun dot com find out what he's all about. What's your take on this?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, everyone expected pretty much a quarter point interest rate cut. We got that. The problem was some of the inflationary data for the last two months has been trending up. Yeah, and as a result, the Fed chair said, look, next year, we would love to have seen three interest rate cuts. It's probably going to be two, and it may not be that, depending on where the data takes us. In other words, there's really not much different than what he's been saying. But then, of course the market drops eleven hundred twenty three points yesterday. People freak out and they're calling me saying, Jay, is the sky falling? What's going? I said, Look, it was not even a three percent drop. It's okay. It's one thing if you have an eleven hundred and twenty three point drop when the Dow is at fifteen thousand, when it's at forty three thousand. It's okay because it's like a not even three percent drop, And I remind him you've got to be over seven percent to hit the historic list of the top twenty worst days on the Dow. So I said, the pre market this morning's up about three hundred points on the Dow. That's good. Comm seems to be restored. But it's all about the FED and all about the optimism. And of course the challenge for Jerome Pound the FED is going to be when Trump lights the fuse to this economy next year, how are they going to have to respond to try to stay ahead of things then, Because I think once energy and a lot of other things are really unleashed, we're going to see a lot of job creations and a lot of really good things happen to the economy. And if that's the case, it can be very interesting to see where things go. And as long as they can not let the national debt continue to go up, I'll be rather happy with it.
Speaker 1: Well, I'd like to think that you like me, are excited about the entire idea of the doge concept, and that Vive Graham is swimming and Elon Musk might actually get something accomplished along those lines.
Speaker 2: Well, Donald Trump showed us what a businessman and the White House can do round one and it was a good thing. And I think the more of that mindset we have is good. And you know, the Democrats won't won't necessarily agree with this, but it's the Donald Trumps and these kind of individuals that should encourage a lot of the non political kind of people to have hope that we can have people step off the sidelines that have that business mentality that can lead our country and get away from this career politician mindset. And I think the more of that we have, the better off will be as a country, because you know, it's a matter of, hey, I'm here for you know, four years. I've got to fix this this and this limited time, let me get it done and move on instead of trying to figure out how'm gonna win the next election. That kind of stuff never has served us well. And we've see that, you know, year after year, decade after decade. All I got to do is look at the presidential you know, talking points that they have about in for the last twenty years, they talk about the same thing. Brian drives us crazy because they've not solved a single problem. So let's get people off the sidelines.
Speaker 1: You can amen to that. Let's pause. We'll bring back iHeartMedia av Action expert Jay ratt Love to talk about the aviation eight thirty nine fifty five care CD talk station. Right Time was with iHeartMedia av Action Expert jay Or Ratlie enjoying a little bit of Vince Garldi on the pianos. We hadded a segment to talk about airlines and now they've got to provide protections for passengers traveling with disabilities. What's the backstory and the current reality now, Jay Rattliffe.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad to see it's being done, long overdue. Again we have the Biden administration Pete Buddhacheg going after airlines. I'm glad saying, look, a lot of passengers traveling with disabilities have really had issues over the last several years and it has to stop. And they're putting forth through the Department of Transportation some very specific guidelines and training requirements telling people you're going to do a better job at this or you're going to considerable fines. Brank. A lot of people that can't walk, that are in a wheelchair, they can't make it back to their seat, say they're seat in row twelve, So we use an aisle chair that's a very narrow chair. We put them on with wheels that we can wheel them back, help them get in their seat, and then wheel them back up to the front of the aircraft where their wheelchair is standing by. Many times, even though airlines have hours of notification, don't want to passenger traveling with this type of situation is going to arrive. There's times the airlines don't have those aisle chairs standing by at the gate, so that means that the flight's landed, everybody gets off the plane, you have this person that's left with the flight attendants who are anxious to get to their next flight, and they're trying to figure out how to get this individual off. There have been times that these people have gotten in the floor and crawled to the front of the airplane to get to their wheelchair so they can get to their next flight. And when you're talking about that kind of a situation, I'm sorry. That's wrong on so many levels, and it's happened too many times. Plus, one out of every four wheelchairs is either damaged, loss or destroyed and airlines need to be doing a better job on that. So, yeah, it's long past time for the airlines to be held accountable on this, and I'm glad to see it's taking place now.
Speaker 1: In terms of the mandates and edicts on this, I'm obviously they need to have these wheelchairs readily available, but in so far as I guess, like seating assignments, I mean, are they obligated to put the disabled person maybe closer to the front of the plane, or I mean, how does all that work? Because I mean my mind is racing through a multitude of disabilities that exists in the world and trying to figure out how in God's name an airline can even manage the number of people with disabilities, regardless of whether or not they're treating them properly or not.
Speaker 2: Well, most of it just having their equipment standing by when it's needed. That's the biggest issue, because a lot of times they don't have the wheelchairs standing by, or someone gets to their destination and they're supposed to have a cific wheelchair that is designed just for them, and instead they bring up this wheelchair that's in the airport that's too small, uncomfortable to sit in. And sometimes on a delayed flight, these individuals are forced to sit in this chair that causes them physical pain for two or three or four hours on a delayed flight, when in essence, they should have access to their own wheelchair if at all possible. And a lot of these are not really requirements that are you know, out of the realm of you know, should be unreasonable for the airlines. They should be doing this as a priority, but sadly the wheelchairs never seem to get the priority, which is really the problem. Now I can tell you from a seating standpoint, we would always try to keep anyone with this type of a situation is close to the front of the aircraft as we could, just to make it easier for them to get to and then get away from as well. And it's difficult many times when airlines are faced with you know, fewer agents at the gate, so you're understaffed already the airplane. Many times you've got a lot of pressure to get that bad boy out on time. You have all of these additional challenges for this overworked gate agent where they all with the flight attendants have got to try to make some things happen. And you know, Sadly, we've seen flights delayed considerably because airlines haven't done many times the pre planning they need. Sometimes it's an equipment issue where they've got to have more of these aisle chairs and other things at the airport to make things easier for the airlines to do their job. But the Dots made it clear that the wheelchair passengers have not been the priority over the years, and that has to change, and it has to change immediately.
Speaker 1: Well, you know me, my litigation will start spinning. I'm just wondering, Okay, somebody's got their own wheelchair, obviously far more comfortable, at least presumably because I've seen those aisle wheelchairs as things very I mean, the aisle is not even very big for a regular person who's able bodied, moving them from their chair into the other chair. It sounds to me like there's an opportunity there to do some damage or harm them or otherwise, you know, maybe exacerbate one of the reasons they're disabled in the first place. I would I mean, I wouldn't want to touch it with a ten foot poll moving someone into one of those tiny chairs. Are they do they have any liability issues in connection with that?
Speaker 2: Mostly no, and most of the time the passenger is okay with it. They've used them before, because many times you're only taking them ten or twelve feet to get them from their seat up to the front to where their wheelchairs standing bike. They were never designed for any long term being seated in those types of things. And what happens is they're put in a wheelchair and you know, take into their next next departure and hopefully that flight's on time, and the eye chair is again used to get them on the plane and go from there. So the issue has been Look, there were years that those aisle chairs we used to have to carry people up and down the steps to get them onto an airplane. You talk about, yeah, you talked about times when you were depending on you know which end of the you know, you were carrying them at the.
Speaker 1: Top or bottom.
Speaker 2: And those things are not designed for that, so they teeter back and forth. And you talk about prayer life, you better have it carrying people up and down the steps with on one of those bad boys.
Speaker 1: Amen. I'm man, my mind is racing on that one as well. We'll pause right at eight forty five. Got a couple more things talk about with Jay Ratleff. We'll do that after these brief words fifty five KRC I'm Congressman and Warren David Hey forty nine fIF five karsit Talk Station. Tune in for tomorrow's Christmas special featuring Rob Ryder on guitar and vocals if his vocals can handle it. And in the meantime, we're enjoying one more segment here with I heard media aviation expert Jay Rattle. At least I am. I don't care if anybody else doesn't enjoy it, Jay, although I know they do. I love talking with my dear friend, and so let us move over to the danger of lithium batteries. Had a story yesterday, and the stack is Stupid was kind of funny. The story was, well, it was funny in part. He had these lithium battery shoe warmers, all right, So he's out, he's out putting his his ice fishing hut up on the lake, and the lithium batteries basically blew up, and he got second and third degree burns. And I set it out loud. I go, oh, geez, I got my wife these little battery operated handwarmers because she goes out and runs out with a dog and she gets called really really easily, all right, So she'll she'll use these things even when it's like forty degrees out, and they work great. They get nice and toasty warm, and I figure, you know, probably a lot safer than the old zippo version of the you know, they put the lighter fluid in and the old school handwarmer, and I've got one of those too, But would you rather have a flame in your pocket or you know, a battery? And so I got her a couple of those, and she's been using them. So she heard me tell this story, and now she won't use them Anymokus. He's afraid they're gonna blow up in her pocket. But that's the.
Speaker 2: Problems battery and a fire in one thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so, but that that's those listing.
Speaker 2: Batteries are a problem, Brian. And it's something that you hear all the time at the airports, and passengers are told at the gates, especially if they're going to be checking a carry on bag. If we're going to take your bag, please make sure that you do not have a laptop in your check bag or tablet, electronic device, anything with the lithium battery, which, as you mentioned, could be I mean, it can be electric toothbrush. The problem is some of these things are igniting. And the alarming thing is we're seeing lithium batteries on flights right now in the United States twice a week now.
Speaker 1: In the cabin when the cabin.
Speaker 2: Now, the problem is if any of these fires erupt in the cargo compartment that we cannot access during a flight. Lithium batteries burn at such a high temperature that many times the fire suppression systems that we have inside commercial cargo jets a cargo I'm sorry, the cargo compartment of commercial jets can burn so hot that it makes it difficult for the fire suppression systems to put them out, which is why it is incredibly dangerous for us to have any lithium battery device in a piece of check luggage. And the FAA did a survey and they had passengers that were quickly admitting, yeah, one out of every four passengers admits to packing these lithium batteries in their check bags and think nothing of it. And the thought is that could kill you and everybody on the plane, So don't do it. And I don't understand the thought process of why. I understand people forget because if they forget, they have a firearm in their carry on bags. So I understand sometimes when they don't associate a lithium battery type of thing, but it's something that has gotten to the point where it's so bad. It's like, do we ban all lithium batteries from airlines? And obviously we can't do that because it's a part of so many things in our life. But we've got to do a better job because we're having too many of these situations happen. And all you've got to do is go to YouTube and check out these lithium fires where backpacks burst into flames, and you have different things happen where they suddenly overheat and boom. It's an immediate problem. Imagine if you're at a flight at thirty five thousand feet in something like this happens in the cabin area, which flight attendants are trained to put out, or more dangerously, if it happens in a piece of check luggage that you can't access.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I mean, go ahead, give us one more reason not to want to fly.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, yeah, I was about to say enjoy your holiday plights everybody. But no, it's it's just something that you know, we're used to people not reading signs at airports. They don't listen to announcements. I mean, people's brains are elsewhere. And I totally get it, and I understand, But when it comes to a matter of safety like this, I wonder, you know, do we need to do a better job in the you know, the TSA line. You know, we've got people there for five, ten, fifteen, twenty thirty minutes, and I mean putting up videos that show these lithium battery things catching on fire, just to remind people, Hey, make sure you don't have one of these in your you know, piece of check luggage. If you do, notify the airlines so that they can take care of it. But Brian, it's something that we're seeing happen more and more often, and as a result, it becomes more and more of a problem, and it represents a huge safety issue. And you know, we're enjoying the safest ere ever of commercial travel. We don't want something to happen from a strategy standpoint that's preventable, and it certainly is now obviously when the bags are screened. If something's caught, the airlines can can you know, can work with TSA and they can get that uh you know, the threat removed. But a lot of times it's not caught. They go through and represent a danger to the to the flight.
Speaker 1: Jeez, Louise, I'm just thinking this is probably I mean, you said one in four people will admit to it. I bet it's a lot higher than that. Yeah, a vape thing. I mean there's a multitude of lithium battery charged items or battery items out there, and.
Speaker 2: Some people don't know that that device is powered by litium battery. They think it's something else, you know. And I get that too, because we're all not lithium battery experts as far as you know power plants on these different devices we have. But you know, we've got to do a better job because the numbers are escalating, and it's just it's it's getting more. I mean, we had a flight, I believe in say Francisco, where we had passengers injured when a lyssian battery device overheated and they had to have an emergency evacuation of a plane that was at the gate as it caught on fire and smoke filled the cabin. So you know, these things happen, and it's right now, we're just talking about them as things that happen during the normal course of whatever, and it's just, you know, a needed reminder for anybody that's lying, please make sure you take an extra moment to make sure. If you've got a Lessian battery device and you can carry it on board with you, please do so. Just please keep it out of your check luggage, no doubt about it. Real quick hub delays. How's it looking out there for air travel today, Jay, Minneapolis, A lot of snow, a lot of wind, a lot of delays other than that rest of the country, and very good shape today.
Speaker 1: Wonderful news. I hope you and your better half have a very merry Christmas and happy New Year. Tomorrow my last day four of the years, so I'll look forward to hitting the ground running after the first of the year and enjoy more conversation with you in twenty twenty five, my friend.
Speaker 2: Enjoy your time off, my friend.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thanks brother. Eight fifty five fifty five KCD talks. Great conversation with George Brenneman and Restore Liberty dot Us. We talked a whole host of topics, politics, and also health. Roger King and studio Heart for Seniors Foundation, I made a contribution that is an amazing thing they're doing to help avoid the multitude of problems the seniors face in senior living facilities. You just got to listen to here about it and go to Heart number four seniors dot org