Speaker 1: Chair line. What first oney. Weather forecasts not bad today, sunny sky's high of eighty with a big breeze, sixty three overnight party cloudy tomorrow. The rain moves in just in time for trigger treating afternoon and evening rain maybe sicelated storms high at seventy five. Rain moves out of a night dropping a forty seven and a sunny Friday with a high of sixty two fifty nine degrees. Time for traffic. Chuck Ingram from the.
Speaker 2: UCU Tramphin Center. Count on the expert team at u see Hothpedickson Sports Medicine. No matter the injury, same day appointments are available schedule online at u see health dot com. Rex Clear southbound seventy five above Union Center, It's going to take a little bit longer to get rid of the bank up which made it above one twenty nine. Add an extra fifteen to twenty minutes southbounds seventy one between Field Zirdle and Red Bank. Northbound seventy five continues slow above seventy four to what's left of an accident at the lateral. With the holiday coming up tomorrow, I offer this public service announcement. Our next guest'll be giving out not one, but two full sized candy bars to the first five hundred kids tomorrow. Which houses belongs to the judge? Well, that's easy. Look for the giant inflatable ten foot constitution in the front yard. That's right. The judge is next, Chuck Ingram fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: You're screwed now, Judgeavons god right, Brian, I was terrified I was going to give out my address. I go Chuck would never do that. I was gonna say, you live on a farm. I bet you don't even get anybody knocking on your door. I don't want to reveal any trade secrets.
Speaker 3: Or any there. We're so far out on the sticks no one does that. But I have to tell you an inflatable constitution that is very, very creative, you know, and.
Speaker 1: It satisfies all of your decorating needs for any holiday. I would say you can use that all year line right.
Speaker 3: And he might even be reading my colle Brian.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Judge the Follatona. It is always a pleasure to have you on the program, and I always encourage my listeners to check out your podcast, Judging Freedom, which we'll find out who you're going to be talking to at the end of the segment, as we always do, and let us launch into tweetled ee and tweetled the I'm the subject matter of your column. I'm fortunate enough every week to get early. It comes out tonight and I'll recommend my listeners read it. I kind of got the impression you were I don't know about agitated. You were on fire when you sat down to write this column. I think you were overwhelmed with uh. Maybe not necessarily discussed, but it's a word that kind of comes to mind. Not know that I'm right or wrong on that, but that was just the impression I got.
Speaker 3: Two sides say, you know me very well, and you have a very good handle on what my attitude has been. And you know I'll speak candidly with you, even though I know there are hundreds of thousands of people listening to us. Now it's a little I'm a little torn because I have known Donald Trump personally since nineteen eighty six, and it is well known that he interviewed me twice for the Supreme Court of the United States. People would say, well, what are you crazy? Aren't you loyal to your friends? The guy almost put you on the Supreme Court. Yes and yes, but you know, there's a lot of things that he stands for which are contrary to my understanding of the Constitution. The same thing with Kamala Harris, whom I only met twice. I can't say that I'm friends with Harris as I am with him. I mean, it's a gratifying to know on a personal basis the former and probably future president. But I have to be intellectually honest and faithful. As you know, I like to say to first principles.
Speaker 1: First principles, and as I rarely respond, you know, in an ad nauseum resid to your column, but I actually took it upon myself to respond about the immigration component, many many wonderful points. And you know I regularly you and my with our libertarian and constitutionally based principles, pretty much uniformally agree on anything but everything. But I understand the traditional libertarian mentality when it comes to borders, and we have the freedom as free people to travel. I get all that, but that reality is completely undermined by the social welfare state that we've created here. So we've got a system of laws and rules that allow pretty much every human being, both citizens and non legal and illegal, to grab a hold and take advantage of all of the large jets of the American taxpayers heat down upon them by law by the federal governments, state governments, and local governments. Quite often there are local programs that obligate, you know, the homeless to be housed. Oh, that's fine, until you get overwhelmed with one hundred thousand or more of them. Then it's like we ran out of places to keep them. That's a transpair burden, and that interrupts the free flow of humanity that you and I normally would embrace.
Speaker 3: And that welfare state is absolutely and utterly contrary to our first principles, which is that the government can't take money from us to give it away, can't take from the haves to give to the have nuts. I think that a lot of people come here because they want a better life, they want freedom, they want to be able to prosper. But a lot of people, more than in the first group, come here because they expect free stuff from the government. And the Supreme Court in a terrible opinion called po versus Texas, where Texas tried to deny free education to immigrant children, Supreme Court said, you can't do it. Whatever you provide to your children of the people that were children that were born there, you have to provide to them, and then they expanded it to food, shelter, clothing, healthcare, and education. That type of ruling and its implementation by the Congress and by various state legislatures is the root of the problem. Freedom to travel is not the root of the problem. Now, on this freedom to travel, there are libertarians look at it two different ways. The natural law libertarians of which I am one, believe that the right to travel is a fundamental liberty. You can go wherever you want. The property rights oriented libertarians, which is most of the libertarians, believe that the owner of property can exclude whoever he wants from his own property, which means if the government owns a road or a highway, it can exclude people from that road or highway based upon standards that it establishes, like you've got to be a citizen, or you've got to do this, this, and this before you can come into the country. I understand, I understand both arguments, but you are correct, my dear friend. The root of the problem is the American welfare state. And I don't know how. I don't know how that can possibly be undone short of the United States of America federal government collapsing like the old Soviet Union collapsed, which I think will happen in the lifetime of your grandchildren.
Speaker 1: And that's what disturbs me most about this. It is, you know, this sort of you know, we have this bleeding herd mentality, and we need to help the poor. And you know, we can read the inscription on the Statute of Liberty, even though it's not and has never been a law of the land. It was a poem or a little thing written by some independent person. But you know this idea, Oh we're compassionate. Your ancestors cane here. But you know what, yeah, mine did. And my great great grandfather came off the boat from Ireland, went through Ellis Island. They probably gave him a quick updown, physical check and decided on the fly whether or not he could come in or not, and that was it. Then left to his own devices, he worked, got a job on the railroad, provided for his family, and then of course here I am generations later, living off the wonderful reality that I live in a free country. But that can't survive with the massive social welfare state. That all you need to do is look at our deficit, our expenditures of taxpayer dollars which far exceed the amount they take in to realize what you just said is inevitable. It's like the slowest train coming down the tunnel. You can see it. You know you could stop it, but you don't lift a finger to do it.
Speaker 3: Gret, but get getting back if I could. To my column twittled tweedledumb, which is meant to mock the similarities between Vice President Harris and former President Trump on issue like war and peace and debt and personal freedom surveillance. You know, the Trump thing really is a head scratcher. He was victimized so exquisitely and egregiously by FBI, NSA, GCHQ, that's the British spying entity surveillance, and yet he signed and indicated he will continue to sign extensions of the legislation that permit that to happen. So I was really saying, there's not any difference between the two of them other than personality, other than emotion, other than likability on those key issues of war and peace, debt, they're both going to spend trillions more than they have and surveillance. If you want to get back to immigration, the same court that said in the nineteen seventies will provide the same basic social safety net to immigrants as you do to citizens. Will say to him, there's no such thing as mass deportation in the United States. You want to kick somebody out, you have to have a trial, right, That's an impossibility if anybody thinks it's going to be a trial, a literal trial, for every person that they want to de port. So this is an intractable problem. The problem is intractable, and the proposed solution is intractable as long as the welfare state stays here.
Speaker 1: Indeed, and I understand from a due process standpoint exactly that, And that's why I pointed out to you. I acknowledge readily that mass deportation is virtually impossible from a fiscal, a geopolitical, and a logistical springing from any of those three issues. If a country doesn't want to take back a guy that you say you're deporting, how you're going to get rid of him, even if they've been through the due process hearing. We've got ten years of backlog of these cases that are supposed to be Some of these people.
Speaker 3: Who got here illegally and whose children were born here are so Americanized. If they were in a room with us, you wouldn't know who they were. You're gonna throw those people out of the country. I mean, this is just going to cost such and you're gonna do it without a trial. This is gonna cause such social turmoil. Yeah, I know, the crowd at Madison Square Garden the other night will roar its approval, but I'm not so sure the rest of the country will well.
Speaker 1: And again, walking through it, you can say it to separate yourself from the opposition, which in this case Kamala Harris and open borders and embracing that notwithstanding the challenges we face because of the welfare state. But to contrast, starkly, you had a demonstrable record to sow that you limited the number of illegal immigrants, You put policies in place which stemmed the flow. You have a stark contrast. So maybe as a matter of desperation, we're gonna kick them all out comes out of your mouth. And then when you're in off as you're like, well, maybe we can't. You and I are pointing out that you probably you can't, or it's going to be this decade's long challenge.
Speaker 3: Right right, And I get the way politics works. I mean George Orwell in nineteen eighty four pointed out in his book nineteen eighty four pointed out the advantages of having an enemy that everybody hates and that works to get votes. And Trump has chosen it to be immigrants. I'm not suggesting there's anything wrong with that. In one respect, it's a brilliant political maneuver because they're not in a position to speak back. They have to rely on the sort of bleeding heart, knee jerk lefties that want them to come in the country to defend them. Why do they want them to come in the country. They want them to vote Democrats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Doesn't always happen. Look at the Cubans in Florida. They became successful.
Speaker 1: And Republicans public. Well, if you realize.
Speaker 3: I'm generalizing, Brian, I'm trying to manifest my understanding that I have a handle on both sides of this, and it is an intractable problem. But the more debt the federal government accumulates, the more foreign military basis it pays for the more wars it engages in, the less stable the federal government becomes.
Speaker 1: And some will argue that that is indeed the goal. Judge Annapolitano Judging Freedom your podcast, and I'm a listeners, tune in and find it all the time. Who are you going to be talking to today?
Speaker 3: Well, before I tell you that, I got to ask you a question. Will we know a week from today who the next president will be? Will we know on Wednesday morning?
Speaker 1: Probably not not in you know, regardless of outcome, I least hope we do.
Speaker 3: Leading everyone up on the through what we went through twenty two thousand with Bush and in twenty and twenty with January sixth I have Max Blumenthal. I have Dennis Fritz, a very interesting guy, the highest ranking commissioned officer in the Air Force. Wrote a book about all the lies the government told us to trick us into Iran excuse me Afghanistan and Iraq. The Defense Department told him not to publish it. He published it anyway. He's coming on as well as his colleague from the Air Force. Karen Kratkowski, is one of my regulars. I just was introduced to Dennis the other day. Charming, gregarious, fearless guy.
Speaker 1: That's wonderful. And nobody loves someone who speaks truth to power more than me. So I love you so much, Judge Ennita Politano, and congratulations. The Yankees at least got the kept their foot in the door. Eleven. We're eleven to four. Boy. They held off on pulling out the big guns until the you.
Speaker 3: Know, Anthony Vulpi, this is from around here, not very far from where I lived, and I was asleep when he hit that Grand Slam. We didn't know about it until I got up this morning. But everybody's going crazy over it. But you're right. For them to come back four games in a row has never been done. One team came back four games in a row, but it was in the ALC Championship. It wasn't the World Series. Red Bustin Red Sox against the Yankees. The Yankees won the first three in Boston won the next four. I thought I was gonna die.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's time. Maybe this year is redemption time, Judge, Editor paul A Tano, God bless you, sir. I'll look forward to next Wednesday already we'll have a lot to talk about. I suppose in the aftermath of the election.
Speaker 3: Will thank you Brian all the best.
Speaker 1: Love you brother. Eight forty four or fifty five KSY talk station. There's an event ed Think's going to join the program. I love ed Think. Great guy, former financial planner, now retired but still an American veteran. He wants to tell us about a Molor High School Veterans Day event. He'll be on next I hope you can stay right here. A fifty five kercite talk station fifty five KRC. This November, people of faith across Ohio can vote to protect our faith, our free