Speaker 1: It's time for Coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety. Holy crap, I don't know who the hell we think when we are get off our show, idiots. The kids are crying or turning off, crying. The countries are screwing it up.
Speaker 2: Gold Play inter.
Speaker 1: Murals, Brother, gold Play inn Murals. They're supposed to be mature adults, but they're really not. Who's the kid here?
Speaker 2: Who's the kid here?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me? Now? Here's Nick Coffee.
Speaker 3: All right, ladies and gentlemen, you made it. It's Friday. As we get you set for the weekend. Here for a Friday edition of Coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety. I feel like, not like the last day of school, but I feel like I feel good now. I'm out of here for a week and I'm gonna be heading to Destin and I'm super excited for this trip. It's our family vacation and I'm always excited to go. But I am gonna miss out on some stuff. We're gonna have a huge matchup on Monday Night between Law Familia and The Ville, and I can't imagine that the atmosphere is not going to be electric. So I'm gonna watch that, of course, but you know I won't I'm not going to be able to be there and I won't be able to react to it on the show. And then also, we've got two Louisville basketball games that we're gonna be able to watch because you know, they're playing in the Bahamas, and that's pretty freaking awesome, is it not. So you know, I'm gonna be enjoying vacation and not working. But still, you know, I guess it's gonna be full fan mode, right Like, I don't have to worry about preparing to give thoughts. I mean, I'll do that whenever I get back from vacation, but you know, at that point, I'm not really sure how relevant it'll be as far as you know, I'll share my thoughts, but you know, it's not like I'm going to come back from vacation and spend three hours talking about a basketball game played in the Bahamas that took place a week before. But anyways, I'm excited for everything going on. You know, this is the worst time of the year when it comes to sports, at least in my opinion, and We've been given a nice shot in the arm with some summer hoops, and football's right around the corner. And I'm pumped. And I feel like when I get back from vacation, like you know, it's gonna be let's see here. I guess the day that I give back will be August the let's see August the fifth, so we'll still have, you know, roughly a month before football season actually gets here. But you know, at that point, I kind of feel like we've made it, like we have gone through the dog days of summer, as they say. So I'm pumped, but I have been really agitated all day today. But I'm in a good mood now because you know, it's Friday. Friday shows are always a lot of fun. But John, I have a feeling that at some point in my life I may fall victim to road rage.
Speaker 2: I was. I was pretty pissed coming to work. You're talking about the traffic. I was pretty pissed too, So.
Speaker 3: That wasn't even like I was able to avoid that, but not because like I've thought ahead. I actually somebody that I'm friends with on Facebook posted a picture that showed they were going southbound on sixty five and of course I had north to come to work every day, and they just showed what it looked like on the other side. I mean it was, I mean, nobody moving like it was an absolute for two hours or so. I guess. I mean, maybe it's still that way right now. I'm not quite sure. But you know, had I not seen that and thought, okay, well, you know what, let me let me go a different way. So anyways, when I say victim of road rage, like, I'm not gonna you know, I'm I don't. I'm not somebody that is going to seek out confrontation in any way. That's just not me, not my demeanor. You know, I've told that story before years ago. I stopped at I stopped at that truck stop off the Brooks exit when I was coming into work when I did the morning shift, and you know, I parked, you know, kind of half asleep, and there was a guy in a big old truck. I mean, I'm not good with truck terminology, but his truck was big John. It was a big truck, you know, one's country song big yeah. One that wouldn't fit in like our garage here, you know what I'm saying. So because he had a huge truck and I did not park, you know, correctly at the pump. He kind of had to wait for me to finish pumping gas before he could get maneuvered himself to get to that pump, which was, you know, inconsiderate of me. You know, like I just wasn't thinking. I was half asleep. You know, it's my bad. But he gets out of the truck all billy badass and coming over and you know, got got real aggressive about like, you know, I don't remember what he said. All I know is I said, look, I'm not looking for trouble, which is something I've never said in my life before. Never, I'm not, like, you know, I've never been in a situation where I got to tell somebody, hey, easy, I'm not looking for trouble. But that's just what I said. And you know, he said something that I'll never forget sticks with me to this day. In fact, some people still bring it up every now and then. He said, well that's good because I'm from Spencer County, and I just knew at that point, you know, I'm not going to mess with anybody from Spencer County, and you know, I guess they are looking for trouble. If you're looking for it, they'll they'll deliver it for you. So anyways, that was like the most intense situation I've ever had communicating with somebody on the road. And I wasn't even on the road, so I'm not gonna yell at anybody. But you never know, like people are crazy, right, Like you might just you know, ride somebody's ass on the interstay of follow you home shoots you in the head. Like that's a little extreme, but you know, you never know. Maybe somebody's having a bad day and they just lose it. I mean, it can happen. I'm not sure if you guys have seen that awful video from Indianapolis where there was clearly a road raged situation going on and a guy jumps out of his truck and has a gun in his hand and leaves it like kind of by his waist, but he walks up to a dude and you know, starts yelling at him being the aggressor holding his gun. Well, the guy in the truck, the guy in the vehicle who he approached, he was carrying too, and he just shot him right in the neck and killed him. And honestly that it was justified self defense. I mean, that's that's what it was. So, you know, like I don't think that's ever going to happen to me, but I just get so frustrated. But it's not like I'm going to lay on the horn or you know, get into a fight on the road where I'm like, you know, getting up next to their car. But like, you know, I could just be I get frustrated, right, and I feel like I'm not alone. But then again, everybody deals with traffic, right. Traffic doesn't pick on anybody. I'm not a victim. It's just life. And our traffic here in this area is relatively light compared to most places in fact, you know, I don't know if it's been in proved, but there was one at one point of study done that said that per population and like size meaning the amount of people and just the size of the city, Lexington is one of the worst places in the world for traffic. So like, we don't have it that bad, but yet I just get so frustrated this morning. I mean, I hit every single light. That's nobody's fault, but I do get pissed off when someone is scared of the yellow light. Like we could have both made the yellow light with ease, yet you you got low t or something you won't put you won't put the foot to the floor and and and ride through. And I mean it just you know, it's it's it's frustrating. And then I was at I was on Preston Highway and I needed to get to the turning lane, so I was going to the bank. And I mean, traffic is is not great in the middle of the day in that area, but you know, I had to sit through another light only because people leave humongous gaps between them and other cars. You ever notice that, Yes, like that, Like I'm not saying you got to get bumper to bumper with somebody, but you know, I could have easily made my way to that turning lane if everybody would have, you know, had a reasonable distance between the car in front of them instead of you know, being ten yards between the two cars. So you know, I finally maneuver around sitting at the light once again, I look over, I'm like, you know, and I mean I'm not gesturing anything, but I'm just thinking, like, you know, how about you how about people be a little more considerate.
Speaker 2: I think that that kind of stuff angers me the most, at least just for me specifically, is when I'm at a stoplight and you're in like the turning lane right and the light turns green, but the car in front of you may be the first car to move, but they're down looking at their phone, okay something, and they don't move, so they keep maybe you, but normally a few other cars who are behind you from making it through the light because they're not paying attention.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because of their slow start, you know it. And that's where again, like that is that I don't get. That's not malicious, but it is something that someone has done by just being careless and whatever that has not ruined your day, but like they've held you up whenever you if they would have just been more alert, you wouldn't have been held up. So the traffic today on six, I mean there wasn't a wreck.
Speaker 2: Right, No, I don't think so. I didn't notice a wreck.
Speaker 3: So and if so, then that changes it. But you know, I ended up but GPS did it took me from SNYT. It took me Snyder West to National Turnpike, take a right, and then ended up. I ended up on I guess I was on outer Loop for a long stretch there, and then it shot me from outer Loop to sixty five North and right where that ramp is is exactly where they had three fire trucks. I mean a ton of workers. So I mean it looked like they were doing I don't know what they were doing. I don't want to. I mean, maybe they'd already clean. I don't think there was a wreck because I feel like they it wouldn't have lasted that long. I think I don't know if they paint were painting the road, meaning the lines, or they were you know, fixing something, and like that stuff's got to happen obviously, but you know, do it at night. I mean, I guess you need daylight, but they got lights. Like if there's something that's going to be a lot of work that's going to cause you to close down, like every lane but one on a major interstate, there's not a perfect time to do it. I mean, I would say middle of the night, but you know, I'm sure these workers don't want to be working in the middle of the night, and I'm sure it's not as easy to do it whenever you know you're relying on light instead of you know, the sun in daylight. But yeah, just to you know, if that's the worst thing that happens to me today, I'll probably still be able to say that I had a great Friday. But I just find myself getting more agitated about that than I ever had before. And yet I'm not a I mean, in fact, I feel like, you know, as far as getting worked up and stressed out, like I'm in a pretty good place right now, except whenever I'm on the.
Speaker 2: Road, I'm the same way too. And here's the thing that I think, and one other thing about traffic that pisses me off. I feel like I only get stuck in it whenever I'm running behind, and I don't know why that always happens, but I feel like nine times out of ten it's when i'm already late.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, that's quite literally what happened to me today. In fact, there was something yesterday that I didn't even like, this is a great thing to throw into the conversation we're having here, but today I went and it's look, it's my fault. Like if I would have got him out of the house a little bit earlier than we wouldn't have to worry about it. And you know, maybe it's their fault too, because sometimes they don't listen and they don't do anything quick. But if I got them up earlier, wouldn't have been a problem. So I'll take this one. Kids. But we left the house a little later than we usually do and they still wanted their fizz Freeze from Thornton's, which we got to make a stop there, so we did and we were in and out quick as can be, and you know, it worked out perfect. We did have a Frequency Club bonus fizz freeze today because we buy enough of them, and sure enough, you get one free after the after I think every nine you purchased, the tenth is free. So we're in and we're out, and then we're hitting, you know, we're hitting every light. And he has to be at daycare by nine thirty and he was there at nine thirty two. And I would have probably been a you know, been you know, a little mouth if they told me like he couldn't come in. But they've done that before, so I'm worried that, like they're gonna say he can't come in today. And if they do that, then you know, I gotta go. I gotta find somebody to watch my kid. Today, So you know, that was frustrating. But yes while I was already running late, is when I hit every light and we I had two different people that absolutely just have no balls for the yellow light, just no balls at all. And you know, I get it's it's quite clear. I mean, if you've been driving long enough, you know, if you are in a position to where you're gonna make it easily, it's gonna be close, or you know it'll turn red while you're crossing, but you're gonna be You're gonna be your daredevil. These were two situations to where they could have, you know, they could have lowered their speed and still made it in without any trouble. But yesterday my daughter goes to uh she's got a babysitter who watched her a lot this summer, and she lives in a neighborhood near where we are, and they were doing they're doing pavement. They were like repaving the road, which is not that uncommon. So there's this guy, he doesn't have it blocked off like the neighborhood entrance, but he's just sitting out there in front of a truck, like in front of the neighborhood sign. So I tried to turn in. He jumped up and was like, no, you know, you got to go in the other entrance. And I said, I where's the other entrance and he pointed down. He was like, it's by the golf course. And I'm thinking, I don't I don't even know where there's a golf course in the next ten miles from where we are, So sure enough, it shot me like all the way down from Brooks Road to Fairdale. I'm you know, I'm I'm I'm moving around all kinds of different places. I put it in the GPS and it ends up shooting me right back to the same entrance in the gas like you get lost, And I'm like, yeah, I'm pretty sure the entrance you're talking about it is not an entrance to this neighborhood. You shot me ten miles down the road when I'm literally about two hundred yards from the home I needed to go to. He's like, yeah, you should be good to go ahead and ride on it. You know, I think you're good now. And I'm like, okay, well, this guy doesn't seem too confident. Am I going to drive in? You know? We whatever? You asphalt? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is it? You know?
Speaker 3: Blacktop. It was blacktop, so I'm like, is my car gonna just sink? And now I mean like it was just a complete you know what. So yeah, I won't be doing much driving, really any driving next week because I'll be on the beach and I'm looking forward to that. So anyways, I know you guys tuned in because you care very much about my personal issue for traffic and whatnot. So you know, I appreciate you guys being the therapist and let me talk through it because now I feel better. All right. It is coffee and Company. As I mentioned, we are feeled by Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety Nick Coffee. That's me the company man, mister John All on the alongside as we take you up to to get your set for the weekend. And uh, there's a lot to get into today. And I mean that I think I might have a fix for the ACC. Now I'm not gonna take credit for it, as if I came up with this plan, I'll give credit to the one and the only mister C. L. Brown of the Courier Journal, who I didn't see his actual column, but Sports Business Journal, I believe is the is the is the outlet that put together they put together a few different put together a piece that has a few different quick hit quotes from stories from beat writers across the ACC as far as what they expect, what they expect Jim Phillips to do, like what realistically could make the put the league in a better place. And I thought CL's point was spot on, and that is stop giving Boston College and Wake Forest and you know, Virginia Tech even or something. Mean, maybe they're maybe I'm picking on them, but like, if you really want to keep the league to get and keep everybody happy, the easy scenario is to start paying what you are worth. Because here's the thing. If you start paying less to the Boston colleges of the world, what are they gonna do? Leave the league? No, they're they're hoping the league doesn't blow up, because if it does, I mean, what are they gonna do? And other schools are in that situation as well, but like they know, they're not worthy of half the money that they get from the ACC. So if you have to, you know, again, you run into an issue where okay, well maybe they'll hold up that grand of rights. Well nobody can hold it because nobody can actually see it. They keep it locked away, nobody can actually view it. But you know they'll start yelling grand of rights, grand of rights because they signed and it was till twenty thirty six, and you know they would be they would be entitled to do that, and they and they probably should do that. However, give them the latter, All right, Well, okay, that's what you want to do, Maybe we let Florida State, Miami and some other schools out. Do you want that, because then you get less? Like either way, you're getting less, because if those schools leave and we have to do a new deal, we have less value and you're gonna get less anyway, like holding to the fire. And I don't know if that's gonna make Florida State and Clemson happy. But I actually don't think that deep down they really want to be away from the ACC because they run the league essentially, right, they're the big brands. They like, there's some real benefits to being the big dog, right especially now with the playoff expanded, if they go to the Big ten or the SEC, you know, much harder it is for them to get in the playoff a lot harder now. They want money. Money matters, but again you can, you know, and by the way, it's still not gonna put you close to where the Big ten in the SEC is. But I wasn't like I crunched some numbers. But there was a great breakdown from some I'm trying to figure out who it is because I want to make sure I give this guy credit because he did a great job of really kind of laying out. It's Luke Fletcher, who as a college football writer for Saturday Blitz, and he really broke down that there is added revenue coming in for the ACC. You know, they're they're they're they're increasing revenue, and that's what you want. But you know it's not a whole lot, right and you know you're locked Angel twenty thirty six. So it's not as if, okay, it's all blown out of proportion, everybody's overreacting. The league is bringing in more money. Everything's great, but it's something. It's something, and that that, you know, anything helps. Also, I do want to let you guys hear what Matt Ruhle had to say at the Big Ten Media Days yesterday and Paul Finebaum's response to it, which is not so surprising that Paul Finebaum is very anti Big ten. But I want to take that whole conversation in a little bit of a different direction because it still amazes me that college coaches, because I don't know if there's really any other profession quite like it to where you can be in front of a huge crowd at a press conference, holding court, maybe it's live on television, and you can say things that every single person in that room, every single person watching, and you yourself know is a flat out lie, and it's just whatever. I mean, I I think NFL coaches can't do that. NBA coaches can't do that. I mean, like they can. Nobody's gonna stop them, They're not gonna get arrested. But college football coaches, specifically, some with basketball as well, especially you know the likes of the John Caliparis and the Rick Patinos of the world. But in college football, like these guys are all again, they're some of them are wired to just present themselves as if they're not human. They're just football robots that live in an alternate universe like Matt Ruhle does, where he can say things that he believes and nobody calls him on it, and you know, it's just whatever. Because that's what college football coaches do. I mean, him claiming that the Big Ten is the NFL junior and that it's the best league in the country and everybody knows it. I mean, he has not a single thing to back that up with, not a single thing. I mean, the second best league. I suppose because of brand value and history and whatnot. But I mean, as we've discussed before, with the Big Ten, they don't win much when it matters. They don't have a whole lot of championships, you know, compared to some other leagues. In fact, you know, the ACC has more championships in football in the last decade or so than the Big Ten does. And I know it's from just two schools, but still, like you know, Ohio State is the only school for a while there that really you felt like was going to be a legitimate contender. Michigan was kind of snoozing until they hired Connor Stallions. Good investment there with that hire. And then you know, like Penn State, Like when's the last time you felt like they were like special? I mean when it comes to big brands in that league, whom I forgetting John.
Speaker 2: Iowa made the playoff once in Michigan State. Iowa made the playoff. They know that they I know they could have.
Speaker 3: I know you're right with.
Speaker 2: With Michigan State because hammered by Alabama.
Speaker 3: Because I think it's safe to say in the four team playoff, the two most random teams that made it were TCU in Michigan.
Speaker 2: State, right like a Cincinnati two.
Speaker 3: Yes, but that wasn't random. It was just you know, somebody finally broke through, like they were really good. The question was always like is a G five going to get in? But yes, I would put them in somewhat of a similar category. But you know, they they had the record, and there was nobody that had a better resume. It could like nobody, there's nobody they wanted to put Cincinnati in, you know what I mean? Yeah, but no, So anyways, like I want to get into that because I'm telling you, if you could find me a profession that has a similar you know situation, where where the people in that profession just you know, everybody, because here's the thing. Everybody wants to hear what their coach has to say, right, like even if it's boring, Like if you're a fan, you want to hear what your coach has so these guys talking is usually something people will tune in for want to hear. But yet they just lie all the time and it's just whatever. Like I'm not like, it doesn't make me angry that they lie because again, like we all know it's not true. But like, how about a world where anytime a coach says something that you flat out know is just nonsense, Like you know, they get zapped by their sid at the podium, Like how about some how about some some honest truth about things or the shot collars. I mean, if that, if that, if that makes it to where we're all living on the same planet having a you know, listening to somebody speak, then maybe maybe we should do that all right. Also, we got to talk about what's going on in Georgia. I mean, I don't think it is an exaggeration to say that Georgia football under Kirby Smart is turning into what Florida football was under Urban I mean, the amount of arrests, the seriousness of the crime, I mean, it's crazy. Also, there's an update on Hawk to a girl. John It's not good. It's not good.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine what it would be.
Speaker 3: We'll get to it, and then I don't really have any any clue what to expect as far as what we see from Louisville in the Bahamas, I can't wait to watch it. I'm excited about that. I know. I know I'm going to be, you know, locked in excited. I'm gonna overreact just like everybody else, good or bad. You know, I'm gonna that's that's what we do. But you know, as far as like what I expect to see, as far as personnel wrote, I mean, this is all brand new, so we're all guessing. But given the fact that I won't be here next week and they play you know, in what four days, I you know, I do want to talk about a little bit because there are a few things I do want to see that you know, won't won't probably mean a whole lot, given what this is. Right you're playing some Rando teams in the Bahamas. But I do think given the fact that you get this chance to actually you know, play games with you know, with with referees and keeping score, like you know, these aren't real games, but they are games, if that makes sense. So you know, there are some things I hope to see that you know, again, probably won't mean a whole lot, but it'll be encouraging as we look forward to the first year of the Pat Kelcierra with a brand new team. So again, we're loaded on a Friday stick with us. Why would you not? I mean, what else you gonna do? I mean, can you imagine having the ability to be with us here in coffee and company and you choose not to? I mean, yikes, don't go anywhere. Keep it locked right here on Sports Talk seven ninety. All right, so the closure on sixty five North, it was not a wreck necessarily, but says here from WK why they put this out about three o'clock that there was a woman found dead in the middle of the interstate, not in a vehicle, and yeah, they closed it down around noon. Looks like and I mean, geez, it doesn't say here as far as any there's no details. It did open up around two o'clock, is what it says here in this article. But I mean there's a I would imagine that the length of it being closed as far as how long and completely shut off for I mean, I think every lane was closed when I went through. Maybe one was open on the far far side, but you got to keep in mind, like they've got to first of all, they've got to remove a dead body, but also like investigate and see if there's any evidence to like potentially give them any indication as to what happened, how it happened.
Speaker 2: That's wild. That is wild.
Speaker 3: So yikes, I mean that that can't happen very often.
Speaker 2: I mean it's very random. That makes you wonder.
Speaker 3: How oh I'm thinking all kinds of things that could be anything so here. I mean two things first that popped in my head. First is that someone jumped from the overpass.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, maybe like.
Speaker 3: That that that that's that I would you know, I'm not saying that's what I guess what it is, but that's just something that came to mind. As far as how you would end up with the dead body right.
Speaker 2: Now, I thought was my first thought was did somebody drop off a body? Really interested?
Speaker 3: That's the other thing that came to mind for me, is that if that could have potentially been it. But like I think if it's you know, we're talking about in the middle of I sixty five, which is not far from the Snyder that's feeding more traffic to there. I mean, yeah, the outer loop exit is a pretty busy exit. I mean, I would say if it's in the middle of the interstate, then that would probably be what happened, is that somebody either jumped or was dumped. Maybe awful, awful stuff. All right, it's coffee and company. I feel about Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety. Appreciate you guys hanging out with us here. On a Friday. Next week it'll be Scott Fitzgerald filling and you know how many day Scott he's gonna be in.
Speaker 2: I believe he's on Monday and Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Perfect because you know he'll he'll really get into this TBT matchup and I may join him. I may join him and you know, talk either the day after or the day before the day off if he needs me, if he wants me, I don't mind doing it because you know, I'm gonna be on vacation, but you know I'm gonna be watching and I'm gonna I'm gonna be I'm gonna be uh feenan to to react to what out with. Oh yeah, no doubt because you know I can tell you this. I My wife's not gonna want to talk about it with me. Actually, you know she this is this is what actually has also made a little more fun for me as far as the TBT things that you know, my wife, you know, she was she was familiar with with the you know, the teams. Really when she became a mom, she wasn't as you know, into it as is because she was never as into it as as much as I was. But you know, she was just a little bit disconnected. And she's a diehard fan, trust me. Uh but when the Kenny Payne era and really I guess the end of the mac era, you know, she just wasn't as familiar with with players, you know, she really she's one of those fans that you know, really like to see guys play there for four four years and in three years and and you know, be a part of some good teams, and you know, she's just not she's not locked into it like the diehard fans to where she's gonna have the ability to understand and know the roster right away. She will once they start playing and whatnot. But you know, like these guys that are playing in this event, she's familiar with all of them, and uh, you know, because they were pretty pretty they were pretty memorable players during their time here, so she's you know, trust me, That's what makes it fun is that, like we'll be on vacation, but at nine o'clock on Monday, you know she's going to want to make sure she's watching too, and my kids too, so you know we'll be enjoying it. We'll just be doing it from afar. All right, where do we want to go? Here? I guess I'll mention this now because I don't want to forget. Jeff Brohm has decided to open up the first seven preseason practices. So when when fall camp? They call it fall camp, but it's it's summer. It's not fall, but you know, it's to get ready for the football season, which we claim is in the fall, but actually a lot of it takes place in the summer. No, I mean when does that? When does summer actually end? You know, just.
Speaker 2: Usually the third weekend in September. I believe it's usually somewhere between like September twentieth and twenty third. It just kind of verir.
Speaker 3: Yeah, September twenty second is when it ends this year, so we will have have you know, I guess a fourth of the season. Maybe.
Speaker 2: You know, it's pretty crazy. The first quarter of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we call you know, we call it, you know, fall camp, but you know it's it's not fall and it doesn't matter. But it's one of those little things where I'm like, Okay, we're calling at this, we have forever, we'll continue to do it, but like we're lying to ourselves, it's not fall. But either way, the first practices that this group's going to have, the first handful of them are going to be open up to the fans. So seven practices you'll be able to attend. I mean, you can attend to all of them if you want, or you could, you know, pick one that makes the most sense for you as far as your schedule. But Wednesday, July thirty first, which of course that's that's next week at two forty five and then uh August the second at six pm, August the third at twelve forty five, August the fifth at nine to forty five am, August the sixth at nine to forty five am, and then August the eighth at nine and forty five am, and then the last one will be August the ninth at nine forty five am. So they're open to the open to the fans and uh, you can go check out go cards dot com and get more information as far as all those dates if you didn't write them down, which I'm sure you didn't, but just know the first seven practices. So really the next next couple of weeks you'll have the opportunity to uh to go to a practice if you can make it work and you can pull it off, which hey, fans love that. There's not gonna be a whole lot we can learn at that point. And I did find it. I don't know, I shouldn't say I was surprised by this, but no photos or videos are allowed during any of the open practices, which that's probably pretty routine, Like that's probably normal, but I don't feel like that's usually in the press release. Maybe it is, and I just had never noticed it. But all coaches man, like they they they're so paranoid. I mean, everybody's paranoid to an extent, I feel like, and there are certain, like, you know, professions to where paranoia is is warranted, right, but man college football coaches. I mean, I remember remember Bobby, he wouldn't let the uh, he wouldn't let the new local news stations film anything, not even to get highlights right, Like they weren't trying to film, you know, any kind of scheme or anything like that. But Bobby had his media guy, Andy Wagner, tell all the local TV stations that they were not allowed to film anything during the spring game or during like any spring practice that they go to. And it led to my man Dan Kobe, Miss Dan Kop. He was he was a star here in the Louisville market, but he went back to Philly and I miss Dan. But he had a lot of fun with this. So on his newscast following Louisville spring game that Bobby was Bobby was not letting anybody film. He drew like Microsoft paint, like Louisville football players and like, you know, imitated what like the touchdown would like. There was real plays that happened in the game that he could watch, but he couldn't show any footage of it. So he drew, like on Microsoft paint what it looked like after the guy scored a touchdown, and that's that's what led his newscast and it was so it was brilliant, got a lot of attention, but you know what, it pissed a lot of people at Veil Off and you know, what do you want him to do? He can't. He you were keeping him from doing his job. I think he's out there trying to sell the playbook to somebody. I mean. And by the way, this was before Waki leaks too, so just keep that in mind. This is before all that happened. So anyways, seven practices you can go watch and that that's that's exciting. You know, since we're talking about coaches football coaches specifically, we'll get to what Matt Ruhle said about the Big Ten. We'll probably do that in the four o'clock hour. But uh, John was talking about Signetti yesterday, the Indiana coach, and he's saying all the things that get they get Hoo's your fans fired up for football if that even is a thing, like, I bet there's some emotions and feelings flowing through Hoo's your fans right now that they've never felt before. They don't know what it is. It's like puberty or something. They're getting there. They're getting fired up for football in July. Because Kurt Signetti is saying it's bs and he didn't say BNS, he said the word. Basically said that if you set the standard for six and six that's BS.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, he's again. I talked about this yesterday. He thinks the standard or should be to be the best. And he made the comparison. He said, if you have kids, you don't raise them to be the fifth best or the tenth best. He said, you want them to be the actual best, which obviously that goes without saying and just relating it to his football team, and I think he's making it. He's making it very clear that he has really high expectations for his plat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's changing the mindset and that I mean, that's that's that's the start, right. I mean, obviously you got to go, you gotta go get results, and we'll see if he can do that. But it is wild to me how he could throw a cuss word in there if he didn't say BS and he just you know, didn't say that that's anything. He just said the other part of it. It goes in one in and out the other, like you know, it's encouraging to hear, but it's not really something. But when he throws the curse word in there, I mean, it gets people's attention and it fires him up. If you're a fan, and it reminds me of you know, Chris Mack his first Louisville Live, packed packed crowd out here in front of four Street Live. He comes out in his darter Louisville jacket and he's he's, you know, talking about how great it is to be at Louisville and how look at this crowd. The fans are great, man, this is what Louisville basketball is all about. We really appreciate you guys. And then you know, and the crowd is just kind of listening, and then he says, and I also want you guys to know. Man, these guys they've been working their asses off. And he didn't even get to finish because as soon as he said asses, the crowd erupted. The coach set a cuss word, and now we're fired the hell up.
Speaker 2: And I mean I.
Speaker 3: Remember playing that clip on the show and like, no, I mean, you just drowned it out of any He just had to hand the mic back to the MC because he said the guys have been working their asses off, and that let the crowd was in a frenzy.
Speaker 2: You know what it is you talk about football robots, it's it's whenever they say things like that that humanizes Yes, that's what it is. It makes it so relateable.
Speaker 3: Oh dude, when coaches do reveal that they're human beings, we're geeked up, man like. That's why you get press conference laughter. How many times has a coach actually said something that genuinely brought laughter out of someone? Rarely ever, but you know when they do show that they have an ounce of personality, a little bit of a sense of humor. I mean, you got guys in youah, Rick Bose, it's gut busting out and laughter because somebody, you know, you know, said something relatively you know, lighthearted and humorous.
Speaker 2: He is easy to pick out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, either, I'm not picking on Rick, but like you, like, everybody knows Rick's PCL's press conference laugh like it's it's a known thing in the market. You know, I was going to try to imitate it, but you know I wouldn't do it justice. So you know, you're right, man like, when they do anything to humanize themselves, it we just get Google eyeballs like, oh my gosh, this guy, Like you know, it goes back to what I always said about Mac and Sadderfield. They were so different than what we had before, Bobby quite literally a robotic human being. Rick Petina the most unrelatable person ever to people like us. But they won at a high level, and when they did, we loved him. And then when they didn't win and things got south and we got rid of them. The two guys that came in were a little more reliable, right, pretty pretty normal guys. Honestly, I think Chris Maxwell too normal for this job. Scott Saderfield, you know, he just wasn't wired and didn't didn't understand that fans are going to get pissed if you're not good like he just couldn't relate. So, you know, initially during the honeymoon phase, especially when they were winning. It's again I always used I used the same line like with Chris Mack. They were like, oh my god, I saw him roosters, man, he get he gets the same sauce on his wings that I do. Man, he's just in there drinking a Corse light like one of us. You know. Scott Saderfield, Man, I say he's out on Nolan Lake. Me he's out. You see Scott Saderfield, man, he's he's he's just yucking it up with fans at the tailgate, it's and it's it's, it's different and it's nice. And then when they don't win, you're like, well, he better get his ass out of roosters and get on the recruiting trail. If I see, if I hear that Scott Saderfield is not the film room and he's out on his boat at Nolan Lake, they'll be hell to pay. Like it's, you know, we don't know what we want. What we want, we want to win, and I guess it's win at all costs, be a robot, be relatable, whatever, just win. All right, we got to get to a break. We'll come back on the other side. We'll let you hear what happened with Hawk to a girl because nothing like it wasn't like she got arrested. But like, I don't know if anybody really considered the range she would have as like a celebrity given what made her a celebrity, you know what I mean, Like she really showed her personality. She just said, she just said something that got everybody horning on the internet, you know, and she's you know, she's attractive, but you know that can only take you so far. Keep a lock right here on Sports Talk seven ninety. Try to think of other people who go viral and then become famous for a few minutes. He usually doesn't last all, you know, a long time, but you know, like Antoine Dotson, if you know, you know, that's the guy who who I feel like it was one of the early I mean, I don't want to call him a celebrity, but like he he did a news interview and and it it went viral, Like before going viral was a thing, I feel like where he was talking about somebody climbing and his windows and snatching people up. It was it was something about it. Yeah, I mean he and that was that was my favorite. Uh. There was the guy who uh there was Sweet Brown who said, you know, nobody got time for that. I don't really know whatever happened to her as far as like did she turn it into anything. There was the bagel guy. I don't know if you guys remember the bagel guy. The guy who I mean was We actually played a lot of that, a lot of that sound on the show years ago. But he's the guy who's you know, five, he's five foot tall and he's in line at a bagel store and he's he's upset because how long he has to wait, and he just starts yelling at women and turned it into like a personal thing to where you know, he's sad that he can't get a date because he's short and has nothing to do with getting a bagel. But he's had a full meltdown. And somebody caught it and put it online and it went viral. How about the guy? Oh man, what's this guy? And I'm just gonna I'm gonna search the quote. You know, tell me what the guy's name is. I've already forgot about it. There's some more girls up in that house that was, Uh, that was what's his name? Charles Ramsey? Uh? He did a he did a and I'll play for you real quick here because this this is, this is one that was. They made a song about this one too, and it was it was awesome.
Speaker 2: Walk me through again. What happened this afternoon?
Speaker 3: I knew something was wrong. A little pretty white girl ran into a black man's arms.
Speaker 2: Dead giveaway.
Speaker 3: My neighbor got big test birls because we see this dude every day.
Speaker 2: We dud but we didn't have a clue. Get that girl in that house. She said, please to get it out.
Speaker 3: Of course, it's hard didn't give.
Speaker 1: Did give heads?
Speaker 3: Man, So this was a guy who did an interview because he was the neighbor of the guy who ended up having like four young girls locked in his basement for years, Like I mean, I feel like it had been like over a decade or something. And that was his raw, real reaction when the news showed up. And you know, he actually, you know, he ended up doing appearances and at one point there was a KSR remote and he was there on KSR. Like what a world we live in? But anyways, uh, this you know, this girl hawk to a girl which I don't really know her name, and you know, Haylee Welch, here you go.
Speaker 2: You must be a big thing. Yeah, must must be a fan, right So she I.
Speaker 3: Mean she said hawk Tua and you know, I think a lot of people I don't need to explain what she meant when she said that, and that that took off in a way that I would have never predicted. Like it wouldn't have shocked me if you told me that was going to get a lot of attention, because you know, you got basically the fellas are liking what she's putting out and she you know, she's she's adorable, but you know it, for a while there, it became like the only thing you'd see if you scroll in social media, and it became like a viral sensation, but you know, she's her doing that didn't really show that she's got a lot of personality, that she's a big character, Like, again, what's the range here? So she ended up, you know, doing her first interview. She went on with one of the Barstool Sports podcasts, and she hired an attorney and an agent, and she's doing appearances. We talked about she got was at thirty grand to show up at a Miami club and she had to wear a ta jersey. Well, she introduced Jelly Roll and another artist at Rock the South the Music festival, and they introduced her, and you know, like I would have expected when I if I saw the video on TikTok and I read the caption the hawk to a girl is at Rock the South, I would have assumed that like there was a chant, there was a cheer, like.
Speaker 2: Hell, yeah, this is great.
Speaker 3: She's you know, she's awesome, But it was painfully awkward because she's there to like get them fired up, and you would think that, you know, she'd be somebody that is not a random person from you know, just just an MC of an event, a viral sensation, and it was it was lifeless, all right, I think, Oh my, I mean, isn't that that's.
Speaker 2: They could have just taken two random people from the crowd to do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So like again, what's the range with her? Like what what is she going to do that is going to continue? I mean she's gonna keep doing HOWK saying haktua, Like she's going to run like hawk tua that thing? Like again, if you know, if you if you if you realize that she's the she has gotten more attention randomly for going viral on the internet than anybody in twenty twenty four that I that I know of, And you know that like that's you know that she's she's a name And then you see this video. Are you going to invest money to bring her there to do an introduction or make an appearance? Like again, like she's done the hot we heard her do the hawk Tua. I mean not to say she doesn't have more to offer than that, but as far as like being a celebrity making appearances, like I don't really know any you know, if anything, you know, her fault is that maybe she's just normal, you know what I mean, And that doesn't that doesn't move the needle for people. You know, her going viral was really just one thing she said. But you know, more power to her. I mean, even if she more power to Yeah, there you go, even if she put away a bunch of money, you know, in a two week, three week period, and it's kind of you know, run its course. You know, at least she has that. Speaking of Tua, he just agreed to a huge extension with the uh with the with the Miami Dolphins. I'm trying to pull up the numbers here, and I know he played for the Dolphins, but I'm trying to see what the actual uh, what the actual number was, because it's I mean, I think.
Speaker 2: I saw that.
Speaker 3: It's It's the again, any any new quarterback getting a deal, for the most part, not any most of any any quarterback that is being heavily invested in by an NFL franchise right now is always going to be able to say at that time, he's the highest it's highest paid contract in history. So it's a four year, two hundred and twelve point four million dollar extension for TUA. And yeah, it's the largest four year extentionon in NFL history, and one hundred and sixty seven million of that is guaranteed. So shout out to TUA. All right, quick break, we'll come back, keep it rolling along. Two hours left. I have it mentioned it yet, but we do have a guest gonna join us at four thirty. That's the one and only. You guys know, I already talked about it yesterday. I'm sure you've been anticipating the appearance of Brian Edwards once again to talk some college football wagering UFC event as well. So stick around. We got two hours left on a Friday on Sports Talk seven to ninety