Speaker 1: Just sid and Friends in the Morning, entertaining and informative.
Speaker 2: On the Red Apple podcast Network. Informative.
Speaker 1: This is Sitting Friends in the Morning, seventy seven WABC.
Speaker 3: In the State of the Union, Trump touted his big achievement was bringing down the cost of drugs. He launched trump Urx early February. This is a website that really, you know, it helps patients find medications either by buying them directly from their manufacturer using a coupon. You were pretty optimistic about trump our x when it started.
Speaker 4: How do you assess the execution?
Speaker 5: Look, there's no downside to offering medications for a lower price.
Speaker 2: Competition is better. So I'm all for trump our X.
Speaker 5: You know, I don't Republicans need medications too, you know, I'm not into the trump r X is.
Speaker 3: A government site intended to offer drugs to all Americans.
Speaker 6: And that's not just Republicans, right, No, that's right.
Speaker 5: Right, whatever, And the point is whatever gets people lower price medications, Yes, sign me up.
Speaker 3: Democrats published a report about trump our X, accusing it of misleading Americans for not mentioning that lower cost generic versions of some drugs are available in other places. So Congressman Frank Polone said, uh that Trump our X is all hype and no true action. And Ron Wryden said, it's really a glorified coupon book. Is that fair?
Speaker 5: I mean it's it was a waste of time. Was a waste of time, just plain, Hey, Trump did it?
Speaker 7: We hate it.
Speaker 8: There's no there's not.
Speaker 3: Like a real criticism that you have so many more drugs.
Speaker 5: Prices are cheaper them, right, yeah, but it's just the beginning, right, give them a chance. Anything that opens the door for lower price medications.
Speaker 2: I'm a fan of.
Speaker 8: Let's get Run. Well, that's all you need to know, this great, greatful Dead song. When Mark Cuban, Mark Cuban actually gives President Trump credit for something, you, oh, it must be great because he hated every second of that. But it's hard to argue Trump r REX doing a spectacular job. Prices dipping three point one percent. That is the biggest drop in over sixty years since nineteen sixty three. Seventy excuse me, seven hundred millions saved in savings. And my first guest this morning, he's been on a lot lately, thank god, because he's my hero. I love this guy doing an amazing job. With everything from these prescription drugs to exposing Medicare and Medicaid and just doing great work for Bobby Kennedy. Is my dear Friendma met Oz, doctor Oz, doctor Oscar Friday morning, buddy, how.
Speaker 2: Are you good?
Speaker 9: Mari sid You know Mark Cuban's comments there are very telling. When folks who just objectively know the space agree that Trump RX, which is taking all the great work that's been done with most favored nation drug price negotiations, which we'll get to, is actually working, then the hollow, angry vehemence from the left doesn't make sense. I mean, you should be rooting for this. I don't care what political party you're in if you're taking the main problem and a lot of Americans are concerned about with regard to health, and just to put some numbers on it, almost a third of Americans prescribed a brand product, which is the expense of drugs, will leave the pharmacy empty handed because they can't afford the medications. Again, that means your doctor prescribed you a pill that can change your life, and you go to the drug store and although everything was done right, you just can't afford the medications. That's not right. So the President said, why is that happening. This doesn't happen in other parts of the world. Part of the reason that happens is we spend Sidney times more than any other country on the planet, but the exact same drugs, even when they're made here in America. It makes no sense whatsoever to tolerate that. So the President said, noms, we're going to fix that. We went at the manufacturers aggressively. We did not price fix, you know, that's another false allegation. We just said to the industry, whatever you're charging in other parts of the world, we want the same price here. And so we use trade tools and other mechanisms to protect these companies from being beaten up unfairly overseas. No more global fee loading. Whatever the price is in Germany or France or whatever, it can be the same price here. That has resulted, as you pointed out, not to bury the lead, in the largest reduction in drug prices in sixty three years, and it also is the most and fastest reduction ever over the last six months. But let me put this in context. The reason sixty three years ago that drug prices dropped is that Congress was really angry about some complications that have happened with some medications. So they insisted that from now on, manufacturers have to prove that their drugs worked. Let me say that again. Until sixty three, you didn't have to actually prove your drugs work that well.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 9: And so when they actually forced the companies to do that, not surprisingly the prices dropped. That's the kind of seismic ship that was required. And this is just what President Trump's doing. He's a seismic force, an immense political force. He made a change happen no one thought possible. If we can get Congress to codify this, which by the way, Democrats could help us do by voting for exactly what we're saying, which is a reduced unbrug prices for Americans, then we'd all be happier. And these would result in six hundred billion dollars, not million billion dollars of savings over the next decade, which would make health prices come down for a lot of Americans were struggling. And when affordability is the issue of the day, this is a to me anyway. And then just what the doctor ordered.
Speaker 8: And I love what the girls said there. Republicans and Democrats we need medication. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, But this is just for cash buys, no insurance right for now.
Speaker 9: It's cash buys. Let me give you two examples. A lot of people have health insurance, but their health insurance doesn't cover the so called fat shots that the GLP one medications that are helping people lose so much weight. So if you're one of the many Americans, probably most Americans at this point, whose insurance doesn't cover then number one most used group of drugs in America, well then that's a big deal for you because now we will selling those drugs on Trump or x dot because we negotiated them with the big companies at a price that's a fraction of what it used to be. And if you're on Medicare, a senior and you're eligible, we will give those meds to you with fifty dollars a month. These things just cost more than a thousand dollars a week. Fifty dollars a month. That's driving a lot of its reduction in costs. Then you might say, why are we doing that? You know what my job is to save, protect the taxpayer and my beneficiaries, the people of Medicare, Medicaid one hundred and seventy million people who get their covers through healthcare insurance from the government. Well, listen, if you're losing weight and have less hypertension, less diabetes, you have less strokes, less renewal failure, dialysis, all those things go down, you're saving money. So we believe that by investing in getting Americans these drugs at an affordable price, they will use these drugs, lose weight, and cost the taxpayer less body. Plus, that's our job, right said, get people healthy, Healthy Americans are working Americans, working Americans, make America prosperous, will drive a trillion more dollars of value to the economy. That's what we're supposed to do. Help each other be healthy enough to be productive in life and spend more time with people.
Speaker 8: We love one hundred percent. And I always say, I don't understand how anybody no disrespect that people are overweight, because I love them too, But how is anybody fat anymore? I mean, these dolps, they work for everybody. They're even making I know you know this because Bobby Kennedy talked about this. They're making peptids now, which well I believe, I believe I could be wrong. You could correct me. We'll give you the combination of the GLP effect losing weight, but you'll be able to at the same time maintain your muscle. I mean, how is every American not in great shape?
Speaker 9: Said? The reason that many Americas don't take these medications, it is because they can't afford them. Let's talk about the population is the biggest obesity issue. If you're listening right now in New York and you live in one of the more lower half of the financial pyramid, you can't afford these meds. But that's where the obesity epidemic is. There's folks living in poverty who are eating junk food because it's cheaper, and they're in food desert, so they have a lot of reasons why they're gaining weight. But the solutions are out there, but they can't pay for them. They can't afford them. You know what the number one zip code in America for GLP one medications is, said, I.
Speaker 8: Gotta take a guess, is it Florida.
Speaker 9: Upper East side of Manhattan?
Speaker 2: Right where you are?
Speaker 8: Really?
Speaker 9: Yeah, yep, upper east side of Manhattan.
Speaker 8: Why is that where?
Speaker 9: Because they have the money If they can't afford it right, right, they want to lose five pounds to go to the Hamptons over Labor Day and look a little better than they look right now. It's like they're just tuning it up. It's a little bit extra here, right, They're not dealing with the one hundred pounds of extra weight driving ibetes Hye pretension downstreing complications that will take their lives. The life expectancy difference between the bottom quarter of the population and the top quarter of the population is ten years. It's a decade of difference in life expectancy. A lot of that is chronic illnesses, and I got to pay the tab. That's my job running Medicare and Medicaid for Secretary Kennedy and the President, so I know where the money is going. Seventy to eighty percent of the money we're spending is chronic illnesses, many of them caused by obesity. So the ability to treat people and get their weight down is massively beneficial to the country, not just for the ethical reasons, but for the financial purposes, which is why what the President has accomplished and should get credit for, is to drive the prices down this much over the last year, the most ever in sixty three years. He should get credit. And frankly, the people made it possible, where the folks in the administration and members of Congress are now evaluating this option to try to make legislation that codifieses, which this means make these rules last forever. The President got these deals for his administration for the term of our time in office, but we need to make sure that they last forever, so we can get those stats six hundred billion dollars of sustained savings, so we don't have Americans running into the wall of price when they're trying to get their meade in the pharmacy.
Speaker 8: So instead of Americans on and on about this Iran conflict, if they were really paying attention, I mean really paying attention, they would notice that the Dow Jones is up, eggs are down, and now you pay less than your drugs. I would say the president is doing a pretty spectacular job. I would think at least that he'll make this one of his real, real accomplishments leading up to the mid terms. I'll be in Dallas. I'm sure you'll be there too in a couple of weeks and correct me if I'm wrong, but some of these big companies, companies like Pfizer, doctor Oz are already involved in this.
Speaker 9: Yes, the seventeen largest pharmaceutical companies that represent about eighty five percent of all drugs sold in America, they're all on board. And they didn't come happily, but with a lot of persuasion. And that's what the President's good at, you know, making deals. We got every one of them on board. And here's the part you're not going to believe. I've been saying this. You know, prices are way down most everge sixty plus years. The amount of savings is measured in hundreds of billions of dollars. Guess what the pharmaceutical sector value on Wall Street went up? Not down? Up? Why because Wall Street said for good or for bad. These guys gave up some profits, but they got stability. They got a deal so they can still go out there and innovate and build new solutions cure disease. So everybody won on this deal. It's exactly what you want your government to do. And we did it by negotiating hard, those tactics, doing what you but President Trump did the build a real estate empire. We did it with the pharmaceutical sector. We've also done it, by the way, with insurance companies, hospital systems. There's a lot of reasons why we're starting to get our arms around healthcare expenses in this country. Got more to do, But this is exactly what you want your government to do to competently hold people account. Will take out the fraud wasted abuse, which you know we've been doing, and make sure that Americans get their money's worth.
Speaker 8: Yeah, couple, Morgan, let you run. You know you did an amazing job not far from with the Mets play their home games and Flushing Queens, and you one covered a bunch of these fraudulent Chinese pharmacies. I know you did that, Okay, And you're doing a tremendous job of exposing Medicare and Medicaid fraud waste all over this city, all over the state. Now you talk about the Democrats, you're gonna need their help in codifying this, and you would think right that they'd be. They're gonna jump in head first because Democrats need medication too. But the question for my friend Russ Sullivan, and I agree with it, is why have the Democrats been so quiet about all the fraud you've you've been exposing, is it? I mean as simple as well, they're gonna they're gonna get votes. Are they getting kickbacks? Why have the Democrats been so silent about all this Medicare and medicaid fraud you've exposed.
Speaker 9: They're embarrassed, that's the fundamental reality. They thought that just by that being nice people, folks would not take advantage of them. But America has moved from being a high trust society where people just don't steal from the poor, to a nation that has allowed people, some of them immigrants, and that's actually been a big problem. But many Americans as well have lost their way, and the corruption rots the system because if everyone around you stealing and you're not, then you're a dope. And so we saw this happen and I was in Philadelphia recently doing a big event with our you know, the Department of Justice, and we had it in front of a prison and they were arresting a man for drug trafficking and he said, wait a minute before you put the handcuffs on. I got to sign out of my job. And the cops that were you talking about, I'm arresting you for you're selling drugs on the street because no, no, no, I got a side gig as a home care person to do home healthcare. Let me sign out, and the cops, I'm going to arrest you for defrauding us there too, and he says, if you arrest me, you got to arrest everybody. That's what's happening in Queens as well. You have these social adult day care centers which are basically play These are mostly Chinese origin origin folks. The Chinese mafia runs it. They clean up billions of dollars from this. When the State of New York is confronted by this reality, what are they going to say? I mean, they weren't looking. They should have been paying attention. These are clubhouses of inequity where they steal people's Medicare beneficiary number and massive fake tabs, giving them things they don't need, just to charge the federal taxpayer instead. The big problem I think we're gonna have to deal with is that for some states, and I think New York might be one of these states, fraud is not a flaw. It's a feature. Because if I can get people who would have been unemployed on the federal payroll by getting them to let's say, carry grocers upstairs for their parents, or host majong card games in you know these facilities in Queens. They're making a lot of money. They're paying taxes on that. And now I got unfortunate news for you. The unions are involved. The unions are trying to get these guys onto their roster so they can now just take money directly out of the federal treasury pay union dues. And guess where the uniondus go. They go to political action committees to support folks who are who are aligned with them, who tend to be Democrats, not all, but tend to be Democrats.
Speaker 8: Well there's your answer. Last one. You're a very handsome man, my man, I got to tell you that I mean that, and I take pride in my looks to In fact, some say that I make George Hamilton look pale, actually say that. So with that said, should I be excited about this new vaccine which they say, well combat melanoma skin cancer?
Speaker 9: Well you know this already, but it's sun exposure, per se doesn't cause melanoma. In fact, it's the burns that from getting too much exposure, especially when you're young, they can cause that. And George Hamilton is a friend of mine. You guys probably could be body doubles for each other in your skin tone. But I'm excited about these these approaches. The idea that we could sensitize your immune system so we could recognize cancer and therefore take it out is a much more solution then toxic toxic chemotherapy and surgery, which is what I do. Obviously I'm a surgeon. But I'm going to point something out that's really critical. Everybody listening to this show right now said everybody has cancer. What do you mean immune systems. Our immune systems are so so effective that they are finding those cancer cells and killing them as we speak. And that's the normal way the body functions. Body develops cancer cells, the immune system picks up it recognized the sociopathic cells don't belong there, and kills them off. Sometimes the cancer cells get clever. They can have a cloaking mechanism to hide, or maybe because you were smoking, or you know, damage your skin, or whatever a reason. There's too much of these cancer cells. Your body can't keep up. These vaccines will reawaken the natural immune systems of built to kill cancer. And I believe based on this early data, we'll be able to save some lives.
Speaker 8: Accordingly, well, that is fantastic and what a great learning experience. So the cancer is already in our bodies, it's just a matter of I guess what external external piece actually have them come out.
Speaker 9: And the good news here is we could take a cancer, let's say, take it a little bopsey, expose it to your immune system, and then teach your immune system that this clever cancer variant that for whatever reason got away from the normal surveillance can be caught again and then off you go. And that's why things like pank we added cancer melanoma, some of these cancers that are hard to catch once they spread, we could get our arms around them. And believe me, once your immune system recognizes it, it kills it. That's why there is no cancer we know of with a one hundred percent mortality rate. As bad as a cancer can be for some reason, at some point and some people, your immune system finally wakes up to the problem, recognizes a marker on it, and kills every one of them in your body without surgery. And that's why we're excited about this tech technology that's been out there for a while, but finally giving us clinical results.
Speaker 8: Fascinating Doctor Ros. Congratulations on Trump, Aurex and the amazing job you do. I say this the every time you come on. You really are a hero. You're doing tremendous work for President Trump and Bobby Kennedy. I love you. Thank you for hopping on earlier this morning. Continued success, my friend. Thank you so much, gl bless you said.
Speaker 9: By the way, I saw John Kssmtitti's in a movie on a plane yesterday. He's quite quite talented. Actually he was great.
Speaker 8: Wasn't that great? He was great in that movie.
Speaker 9: I looked at him, said, what the heck, what's cat's doing there? And then they were like, guys, A pro everything he does, everything he touches works.
Speaker 8: Listen, no argument from me. I love him too. I love John too. Timothy Shalloway, he was great in that movie. John Katzmtiti's doctor RZ again, thank you so much. Have a great weekend. You're a treasure.
Speaker 9: Thank you got go bless momam you too.
Speaker 8: That's my friend met doctor Oz. Another appearance here on Sitting Friends in the morning. He's on quite a bit these days. I love that. I love what the ahhs is doing, Bobby Kennedy, all those guys, and yes, John Katzmtit's was great in that movie. Him and Timothy Schallomey, the whole crew. Will take a break. We got a lot more to do. We're going to talk to our colleague here at WABC, one of the real superstars at Fox News, Brian kill Mead. He's gonna come up next to before it's said and done, Joanne Ariola, k T McFarland, Ario Epstein and Lee's Helton. Big names on a Friday morning, sitting friends in the morning, SILVERSI touch up Brey.
Speaker 10: New York, Proud, New York, Loud with New York attitude all year on Talk Radio seventy seven w ABC. WABC Traffic and Transit.
Speaker 11: Run the Apple Bank traffic Desk. You should begin to travel inbound on the Guana speak We're slow from the Prospect on up to the Brooklyn with a lot of heavy traffic, and then southbound Queens Boulevard down to the coast. Just go a lot of heavy traffic inbound on the lie as you start to get into Queens Boulevard, then northbound on the Cross Island, getting up towards the area of Queens Boulevard as well a little bit of slow traffic through Belmont Park. And then also as you head out to the northbound side of the Van White coming up to the Q Gardens interchange. We have some delays there now. Over in New Jersey, a few problems, a couple of them left over from the weather last night. If you're traveling on Route two O two in both directions, right around Harder Road, there's a down utility pole there. You also still have some water around the roadway. Eastbound on Route three the service road at harven Metal Boulevard and Sea Caucus. And now an accident on Route thirty five. I've been telling you about this northbound and Woodbridge coming up to Saint George's Avenue. That accident continues an accident investigation. Mass Transit's in pretty good shape this morning. Just delays are actually cancelations on New Jersey Transit seven oh three Avenue Brunswick, seven thirty eight out of South Amboy, and the six twenty one out of Spring Valley. All of those have been cancer this morning with an Apple Bank pick your own term CD get a guaranteed ready to return the fitcher six to twelve month timeline stop buy an Apple bank Bridge to open. Remember ft I C twenty five thousand dollars minimum deposit required to open new money only Early withdrawal penalty may apply. I'm Joe Nolan with traffic on talk radio seventy seven w ABC.
Speaker 1: This is sid on Sports sponsored by Fearless Spoilers on seventy seven w ABC.
Speaker 12: Justin ill like Henry their sports update sponsored by pet Morgan. A pilospoilers go to pilospoilers dot com to fund a dealing a you Pierlis Polers, the world's best in Bilton, Boiler's flowed out your wriss. Okay, sure, yeah, and I'm gonna then I'm gonna yeah, I'm gonna.
Speaker 8: Do that.
Speaker 13: Baltimore. Yeah, that's brought to you a Phillis Poilos as well.
Speaker 8: Uh gar Cole.
Speaker 13: He pitched six sharpenings City Yanks. Last night.
Speaker 12: Luis Garcia Junior and Spencer Jones Homert and the Yankees completed a three game sweep in Baltimore six to one victory over the O's Coal all out for it and They'd strike. Caps fifth inning homer by Dylan Beavers produced a lone Baltimore run Yankees pulled within four games of Ali's leading Tampa Bay. After the raise five to one lost to Toronto yesterday. Ryan Yarborough relieved Colton pitched three perfect innings first third save up next for the Yankee still return home to face the aforementioned Blue Jays tonight, Cam Schlitler, we'll take them out four New York and what will be a seven oh five pm first pitch from this stadium asked for the Mets. They were off yesterday, traveling to Chicago ahead of opening a three game weekend series against the White Sox tonight. The lefty Sean Minile will start in what will be a seven to forty pm first pitch from Queen's and we'll look ahead to a preseason football week to action, picking up tonight seven pm locally with your Jets out in Pittsburgh against the Steelers. So we'll see former Jets quarterback Aaron Rodgers take a few snaps tonight.
Speaker 8: Cool, it's pretty cool. Maybe we'll maybe it'll yelling and screaming right in the huddle about doctor Fauci. Yeah about chest Well, remember he took a seeding of course, because you didn't take the vaccination of.
Speaker 12: Course, the boosters and all that. I would have done the same thing he did first time my microphone was in my face. I would have slim the right he showed them.
Speaker 8: It was great, it was great.
Speaker 13: It was unbelievable.
Speaker 8: The Giants on the Dolphins tomorrow, right.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Giants have the Dolphins tomorrow four pm kickoff there and.
Speaker 8: The the kid that won the Heisman last year. Yeah, and what number one Mendoza are right? When Ando Mendoza to the Raiders, who was so impressive in his exhibition debut last week not as impressive last night. I think you threw an eighty yard pick six? Yeah, growing pains, Yeah, but he's still gonna be great.
Speaker 13: He came back when eight for fifteen yards.
Speaker 8: Yeah. I want to see Indiana. They won the championship last year. Don't forget. They beat my Miami Hurricanes. And in most preseason polls, which Justin and I went over this morning, and then oh'm in the Northeast. But I love college football. I love it. Most of the Poles have Indiana about five or six, but no Mendoza. So I know that coach. He's a great coach. I forgot his name, which is really sad. Oh damn Tom something or other.
Speaker 13: Great coach at Indiana.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he won the Coach of the Year and his team won that I championship. But let's see, because most of the polls of Ohio State number one, the AP and the coaches poll. See. I thought Texas may be number one because of arch Manning Elion Payton's.
Speaker 13: Brother, Signetti curtain signet.
Speaker 8: That's right, Signetti, but Kirk. But Ohio State is number one, both of those poles.
Speaker 12: And both the coaches poll and twenty five. Yeah, and then you get Oregon, Georgia, and then interchangeably here Texas and Notre Dame.
Speaker 13: At four and five.
Speaker 8: We got college football starting a week from tomorrow, week one. How about that. That's fantastic. Just give me football. I love baseball, believe me, I love baseball, but I need football.
Speaker 13: And honestly, you know, the Yankees will get in.
Speaker 8: And Yankees will get in. They'll lose to somebody in the National League if they don't lose somewhere along the line of the playoffs. Rightly, the Mets are done for about two years.
Speaker 13: It's one of the big thing for the Yankees is you got to avoid that wildcard series. So you got to win the debate.
Speaker 8: But who's the wild cont series Tampa Bay. No, you don't play them same division?
Speaker 13: Yeah right, so.
Speaker 8: You I mean, I mean you want to get the less games.
Speaker 13: I want them to go right to the D's not gonn.
Speaker 8: I'm not gonna win that division.
Speaker 13: That they're only four games back.
Speaker 8: It's only four yeah, come on now, come on now. And last night checked talking about the Yankees, Justin Ellick, Lewis Rappino and Jay Raffino not the last name. We'll go down there. You're all going to be in the Bronx together tomorrow for the Yankees and the Blue Jays.
Speaker 7: Get down.
Speaker 12: Come on, baby, come all right, we gotta move on. What's we're spending too much time on this?
Speaker 8: I don't think so. Yeah.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna put my executive whole damn show on to put my executive producer hat on and say, yeah, we're gonna move on here, and.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna tell you to shut the hell up because I'm the host.
Speaker 7: Or what you said before?
Speaker 8: Right? Blow out?
Speaker 13: Yeah, float on my sponsored by People appeal.
Speaker 8: This is where this guy, this guy and I love him so much. A great job too, he does a great joys. He may be the best ever at his I mean this at his specific job. But he's such a retard.
Speaker 13: Who are you talking about?
Speaker 8: The Rutgers home opener is September third against UMSS at six pm. You want to take a guess. That's right. Nobody cares about Rutgers except for fact Chris Colin and like three other people in Piscataway. Nobody. I mean, he doesn't win. That guy, the guy can't Penn State, Miami, Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He never wins. What's his name? The coach of that team is a famous guy. He never wins. Now they stink Rutgers. I know you're the boys.
Speaker 13: Congratulations.
Speaker 8: Yeah right, give me a break.
Speaker 7: Okay, wanted football, I know.
Speaker 8: But I want real football, not Rutgers. What do they play inside a conference with Michigan, Penn State, and Ohio State.
Speaker 13: You'll be looking at the Rutgers line every week?
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, they get but again.
Speaker 14: Look at my school. My god, what is for them? I mean they have a football team, yes, they do.
Speaker 8: What do they play the teams that school? The blind School?
Speaker 13: Say the School of the blinde?
Speaker 15: Yeah alright?
Speaker 16: The coach jos bloat out, Yeah, all right, what is next, Thank Goodness, Close Out Sports sponsor by Poor Pillows Boilers Gona Piloss Boilers dot Com funded Dealing your Pillow World's Best pill Boilers justin like seventy seven w ABC.
Speaker 10: You Talk, We listen, Top to me, Doc to me now, doc to me, doc to me, to me, to me seventy seven w WABC.
Speaker 1: Is Sid and Friends in the Morning, seventy seven w WABC.
Speaker 17: A few were the sins of the father, A visit to the pod Son.
Speaker 2: Hats have been hot, hands have been clenched in the fish.
Speaker 17: To love my son's name, never besn jan my daughters, I'm ever need guns.
Speaker 2: These are the years between.
Speaker 17: These are the years that were hot.
Speaker 9: Fuck what now?
Speaker 8: So I always love it when sports and politics intersected. Brian Kilmeat and I were offered a sports show to do together many many years ago, like twenty plus years ago here in New York City, and we both declined. It was the late nineteen nineties. Now, Brian Killmeet is a major superstar in television radio. He's an author of Live Theater, All that Great Stuff and pretty well Now. The last couple of days, we've seen a couple of former well one former one current ESPN personalities that have made it to the Big news, one being Stephen A. Smith and one being Sage Steele. So kill me, design after me every weekday morning at ten here on seventy seven WABC does an amazing radio show. He's part of that threesome every morning Fox and Friends on Fox News. And he's got the best cable show in the business ten PM Sunday nights on Fox News one Nation. Maybe that'll be the next show I get back on after I'm allowed back at Box. I don't know, but Sage Steele, It turns out the lovely Sage Steele has been getting dms for a long time from NBA coaches, Doc Rivers and Steve Kerr calling her all kinds of names like idiot because she supports President Trump. And Stephen A. Smith got an award two thumbs down from the end BJ the Black Journalist because he had the nerve to call out African American females like Jasmine Crockett enjoy read for being a Sean Hannity pointed out, nutty, pretty interesting here, Brian. You get Sage Steele and Stephen A. Smith that go from ESPN to mainstream news.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean, these guys are idiots.
Speaker 18: As Steve Kerr, I guess you know, as a player, he was fine when we opened up his mouth. Now that you know these Golden State Warriors are past his prime. He hasn't gotten close to the playoffs, so getting close to a championship. So I don't even know what kind of coach he is, but every time he gets a chance, he always bouts his left wing views. Same thing with San Antonio coach for years Popovich. So instead of just keeping them out shut and respecting people's point of view if different from yours, they go ahead and rip them. If if you're in sports you have to have left wing views. Do you really think Steven A. Smith's gonna melt because of that? Or even Stage Steele Sage Steele after which he's been through personally giving up, you know, being one of the top backers at ESPN and starting over, which he has done with a.
Speaker 15: Very successful podcast.
Speaker 18: I love that she's coming out Doc Rivers crying remember that a few years ago, you know, saying you're they're trying to kill us all? Or why does our country hate country hate me? Meanwhile, Doc Rivers is doing pretty good in his country ever since he won one championship, He's gotten like six separate jobs while starring in the NBA, whilst we're leaning back on a broadcasting career that's always been waiting for him.
Speaker 8: I don't know why he hates the country, good question. Usually the people that are the loudest lately are the ones doing the best. It's hard to explain. Brian, kill me, but it happens. Happens to me the truth. So I'm all over the place with Bruce Blakeman these days. You live in Nassau County, Brian, I know you love Bruce. And I actually was there on Long Island last week when President Trump came to town. It was amazing. I even made a trip that night with Bruce to the Hamptons where he had this big fundraiser with Stevie Whitcoffe. It was great. He's doing a tremendous job. And now Kathy Hokel is feeling the pressure. How do I know that Today's New York Times Kathy Hokel is actually critical of Mamdani. Now we know the truth is Kathy Hochl is scared to death of Mamdani, scared to death of them. In fact, all these Democrats are from Chuck Schumer, you name it. They're all scared of Mamdanni, who's enjoying your vacation this week. But Hochel comes out and says the mayor should really focus on New York.
Speaker 15: And not on Israel.
Speaker 8: Duh, But how about that, hkl clearly Brian Kilmead feeling the pressure.
Speaker 18: I love it, and you know, so far it looks like the Ciana pol which leans left. We all know that said Bruce is within ten points, and it's even better than Zelden was doing it a similar time. He ended up losing by six. Remember this is what gives me hope for Bruce Blakeman, because do you remember the reason why Joe Biden did okay during the mid terms. It was the overturning of Roe v. Wade, and he just militarized all these pro choice, pro abortion people so quickly. You know, Zelden's pro life and that was an issue, and that was a hot issue. But Bruce Blakeman is not a big pro life guy. He's a pro choice guy, and it's not a hot issue. That's not even a top ten issue right now, So we can actually focus on the issues it matter did you see the other story about Morgan Stanley. We're losing four eight hundred financial jobs.
Speaker 8: Out of New York.
Speaker 18: They just bought a building in Dallas, so we're losing more and more of other things that New York was identified with the financial capital of the world. They're saying, not at this price, because the people here on entry level salaries can't afford to live here, and the prices aren't going down and the quality of living is not going up. So that's not a combination where you say just more of the same. I actually think that Mormon Dami continues with his grocery stores and his lack of free busses. Now they're saying they're looking to subsidize other people's supermarkets and small business that are affected by his ridiculous government subsidize grocery stores. Wait, so you're paying other people for and then you're paying way too much for a supermarket. Where are we getting this money?
Speaker 8: We don't have it. That's the bottom line. I was actually gonna make a joke before you got to that. Who is going to Dallas in two weeks? Sid Rosenberg and Morgan Stanley. But we got this huge convention coming up. President Trump talked about it on Truth Social a couple of days ago, and look, we got to win the midterms. That's the bottom line. So while people are really caught up in gas prices and oil in this iron conflict, which again I hate to argue with Kat mcfalllan, which I'm gonna do letter on this morning, but it ain't working. But he's saying, wait a second, look at the economy. I just had doctor Oz on this show, Brian, right before you came on, prescription drug prices at an all time low. We haven't seen these prices in sixty plus years, right, Eggs, eggs, eggs, well, legs are down. Implation is way down from where it was with Joe Biden. Have started to come down. So the President is going to make a pretty good argument that while you're complaining about gasoline prices, I get it. Actually the economic indicators say we're doing a pretty good job. I think that'll be his main message commit terms. What do you think? Yeah? I think so too.
Speaker 18: I also think you know they say Walmart drop prices, and I think gas is still under how Joe Biden left it. I think the President could say that while addressing the number one threat we have outside China, certainly in the Middle East, and that is Iran. It's an ongoing mission, the only one to take on an issue that's been around for forty seven years. And I think the President's going to say, not only what am I doing. For example, I started looking into how close we are to get into this trade deal done with Canada. I'm looking at just trying to get some numbers down and figure out my head around what's going on there, because they're optimistic they're gonna get something done. Well, we have moved Honda as well as Ford as well as Stilantis has moved out of Canada into the US because the tariffs, bringing some of it back into Michigan. So that's going to help Mike Rogers and that that's a fact. I think the President should emphasize the tariffs. Yeah, sometimes they're costly, but other times, long term, they're bringing a lot of jobs back here in industry back here. I think they're going to look back said and we were just in high school and maybe beginning of college. All that thought when they're Clinton and Bush forty one and Reagan of moving industry out because Americans didn't want to do the manufacturing and let these you know, let the Southeast Asians and let the Middle Eastern and let Central America make our stuff. And China most of all, was the biggest mistake ever. It hollowed out Middle America. It hollowed out North Carolina furniture makers. And what Trump is trying to do, and it's not the sexiest thing you can work on, is bring manufacturing back and do it in a you know, in a high tech way and an affordable way where the American people say, well, now, all of a sudden, my kitchen tables is twice as but at least an American made it. He's trying to bring it back and keep the prices down. So that's admirable. But most politicians would not try it. But a businessman thinking long term, bigger than his one term that's left, would be doing that. Now, how he works that into a speech that would be his challenge. But I think we're as Americans, we're sophisticated enough to pick it up and understand that we got to start making stuff here. The pandemic reminded us of that, but no doubt about it. Pharmaceutical prices huge and if you want anyone to rationalize it and define it Mark Cuban. Mark Cuban said, this is unbelievable what they're doing.
Speaker 7: He called up.
Speaker 18: Trump, even though he campaigned with Kamala and said, I got a similar private company.
Speaker 8: Do you think we can combine it?
Speaker 18: And he said yes, come on in and they had a press conference together. So there's a lot of things going on that you're not going to get in the New York Times a CNN, but you'll get on your show on our show.
Speaker 8: Last one before we get to what's happening on Sunday night, on your own amazing show. You know, I'm very, very close with Congressman Randy Fine and he had that race against that real jew hater, real low life Dan Bill's Aarian and Randy killed him Byron Donald's looks like he may may. He's got Jolly Jolly's not going to be easy, but he may continue a string a big time Republican governors down there, Rick Scott and Toronto Santis. For the most part, Florida played out well for the country outside of one cycle one lunatic Angie Nixon winning in the northern part of the state, but Florida played out pretty well. You feel pretty good about the future, or he's still terrified about these DSA candidates that do win occasionally across America.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I mean they can win primaries across America, and they can win in New York City, but man, I don't think they're winning in Michigan. I know they're not winning in Florida. And Dave Jolly and Tom Twazi and Laura Gillen coming out saying having these press conference, God, I am not a socialist, do not label me that. And they're getting aggressive. Why because their internal show. Everyone's being labeled because Trump is such a great marketer, and he's telling everybody, unless you come up and speak up and stand out and condemn, you're a communist until further notice. So I don't you know, I think this woman is going to get blown out in Florida Byron. Donald's just got to stay strong. He stands for everything that DeSantis does. But believe or not, he has not gotten the DeSantis endorsement yet, So I find that shocking. Dave Jolly's a fake Democrat. He's not a Democrat. Dave Jolly's just anti Trump.
Speaker 15: So he got elected.
Speaker 2: Trump hated him.
Speaker 18: He took on Trump, and he decided to quit the business and go on MSNBC and criticize and criticize Trump. Now he's running for office again. They all try to do that because people of Florida too smart. Donald's is pretty strong. He's great on his feet. I think he's going to be great. By the way, sid, how many glowing articles would we see if Byron Donalds was Democrat, If John James was a Democrat. African Americans going for governors in their state at the same time. And by the way, U John James is within three points in Michigan. Fantastic guy, west Point grad, got great business background, successful congressman.
Speaker 8: These would be.
Speaker 18: Two great stories, but nobody's talking about it.
Speaker 19: No.
Speaker 18: I know, I don't think color your skin should matter, and I hopefully we don't talk about the religion or skin. But right now in America they still talk about breakthroughs all the time. So while they're doing it, at least notice that Byron Donald's is not from Sweden.
Speaker 8: It's funny he's not from Sweden. It's clear why DeSantis hasn't endorsed them, because Byron Donalds is a president Trump guy. Trump and DeSantis do not get along. In fact, I had Byron Donald's on this show last week, and he kept referring to the great job that Rick Scott did, and he blamed a lot of the insurance issues which is a very big problem in Florida on Ron DeSantis. So again, Donald's is with Trump, Trump is not with DeSantis. That explains why Donalds has not gotten the DeSantis endorsement just yet. All Right, Day's away, Brian kill mead, best show on cable, Your show, ten pm every Sunday night. So I'm a frequent guys. I used to be one nation.
Speaker 18: You're coming back.
Speaker 8: Oh, I'll be back. Okay, thank you, thank you, thank you. What what's going on this Sunday night? All right?
Speaker 18: First off, education is getting huge ratings. This guy, Jason Horvat says, if your go to if you're sending your kid to school, pen and paper. Do not use a laptop, do not use a chromebook, do not use an iPad. Pen and paper. They say, we're not memorizing by cutting and pasting and typing.
Speaker 7: He's got the stats to prove it.
Speaker 15: He's going to be talking about that.
Speaker 7: Also.
Speaker 18: Also, when you take notes, it's got to be on it with a pen and paper. Don't record it, don't type it. That's what you need. And also you can't even they don't even want to do what I do. They don't want you reading a book on your laptop. They say your mind cannot comprehend. They need to see it on a page. He's got the stats to prove it. It's fascinating. He testified in front of Congress too about how we got to go back to the future in terms of education. I also got Governor Perry pushing back on the condemnation of these data center. Nobody wants a data center now, Okay, get ready to pay a lot more for your phone service, for your cloud service, get ready for a very slow internet, and also get ready to subscribe to some Chinese apps when it comes to AI. You can't have it both ways, and we'll talk about that. I also got Joe Manchin coming on Lydia moynihan, who I think you have on too on a regular basis, and major John Spencer, urban warfare expert. He's going to say talk about how he's been to Gazam multiple times. There is nothing that says genocide there. He's been in the tunnels, he said, with the IDF has done in dropping flyers and clearing out neighborhoods before going in for Hamas has been even better than we were doing in Iraq. And he talks about that in his brand new book, and he's going to be on the set with us and talk about how wead there the winning ways in Iran, which you should be looking at because we have to win in Iran, no.
Speaker 8: Doubt about it. Could you make sure that Tucker crawls in and Candae Owens and Megan Kelly and all these geniuses watch that segment about how Israel is not committing genocide. Yeah, we know about genocide. That was the Holocaust. We were the victims about ninety years ago. On the way out, Brian, I know you got that big night coming up. I'll be on stage. I can't wait October on Long Island. Tell the folks about that.
Speaker 18: Oh yeah, I really can't wait. United the States comes out October thirteenth. The Six Crucial Moments that Fords the American miracle that made us the country we are today. I'm going to bring it to life on stage at Old Westbury is going to be in October seventeenth. Briankillme dot com streaming on Fox Nation two, so it's going to be global, but to be there in person, and you know, in Old Westbury and Music Fair is fantastic, so you'll be on stage. I'm going to be bringing some of these scenes to life in a fun, entertaining, informative way. And I think people seem to love the show and we're revamping it right now. Said so, and it's gonna be hopefully get a lot of WABC list out there too, so that'll be great to be able to see the VIP opportunities in my chance before the show to give everyone a preview answer everybody's questions, which I'm going to drag you into too, because if you're done with your morning show, you might as well just head out to Long Island.
Speaker 8: I think I'm gonna do that that day. I'm actually and.
Speaker 18: Also on the sixteenth Red Bank on the sixteenth Red Bank, New Jersey count Base Center, so that's not too far either. So hopefully we'll see a lot of WABC listeners there. But the book comes out that week and hopefully we will make it number one because anyone who loves a miracle will love these stories.
Speaker 8: I love it, can't wait, I really mean it. I can't wait, and maybe I'll win an oscar who knows, I don't know. Probably come let out about it. That's always amazing.
Speaker 13: Job.
Speaker 8: Good w back today, I have yourself a great weekend, and I'll talk to you and see you very very soon. Great job out. All right, stay with me, you two buddies, stay within yourself. Those three famous words from the great television and radio host might be a buddy, Brian, kill me a lot more to do this morning, Ariel Epstein. She was forming with ESPN. She's not gonna be working with Clayton Travis excited to have her on today and Lee's Helton all that the body edition of Sitting Friends in the Morning.
Speaker 20: Apology.
Speaker 17: Signature sandwiches, who can man bombing, the dog, the Orient, the.
Speaker 19: Very will name.
Speaker 10: You're listening to one of the most iconic stations in the nation, an American original talk radio seventy seven.
Speaker 2: At w ABC Radio dot Com.
Speaker 1: W ABC, WRCR Haberstraw and one oh seven one wl R Hampton Bays.
Speaker 12: The seventy seven w ABC standing on a law firm of Angulia and Gentilly. Chime Time is seven twenty one for forty years. It's down on a law firm of Benjulia Gentili has been helping people just like you. Call seven one eight eight one six triple zero five or visit ag lawnyc dot com.
Speaker 21: Bill O'Reilly here and I'm warming up standby for the O'Reilly update morning edition. But first, you have heard me talk about All Family Pharmacy before, and there's a reason. They make it easy to get everyday prescriptions and medications. Their licensed physicians handle the prescription process if appropriate. And what really stands out is there customer service. When you call, you talk to a real person who can actually help you. So please don't wait visit All Family Pharmacy on his Friday. I'm thinking about the collapse of the corporate media. The big bias these days is not misstatements. It's not journalists telling you something that isn't true, though they will do that. The ruse is to ignore any reports that portray the Republicans of Donald Trump in a positive light. The media also refuses to cover anything negative about the Democrats. Here's a good example, the horrendous executive order issued by Massachusetts Governor Moore Healey that allows doctors to actually kill babies on the birthing table. That story was not covered by any major outlet that we can find. The same for the Minnesota front situation. A guy on YouTube, not even an employed journalist, expose that mess, and the press paid scant attention. They did not want to report the story of Minnesota fraud. There is a media blackout that favors progressives and Democrats. Everybody knows that it's obvious. Not only is that dishonest, but it's really bad for the republic. The American people need honest information.
Speaker 2: Back in a moment.
Speaker 21: Thieves are using AI to steal from you. With forged paperwork and a signiture, they can claim control of your property on record, then take out loans or sell it for quick cash. Use my promo code bill at home title lock dot com. Get a free title history report. Well it's a free trial a million dollars triple lock protection. That's home title lock dot com promo code bill. That is the morning O'Reilly update.
Speaker 10: More analysis later on seventy seven WABC.
Speaker 2: This is sitting friends in the morning.
Speaker 8: Oh I didn't buy.
Speaker 22: A little help from my friends.
Speaker 6: Just look.
Speaker 8: Sitting there. You never looked better than tonight? Did it be so easy to tell your student.
Speaker 7: Like I've done some.
Speaker 6: Time.
Speaker 10: I'm so sure.
Speaker 22: This would be nice. You close the don't what stay with me? And it'd be so.
Speaker 23: Easy to tell you what stay.
Speaker 8: Like a don so many time.
Speaker 20: Don't fall in love with a dream goe alltick me just when you think you prevent changed, Really you don't fall up with that table cos.
Speaker 8: Good. This one always gets to me. I love this song. Kenny Rogers, the late Kenny Rogers and the great Kim Carns, Betty Davis eyes. Don't fall in love with the dreamer, And this could be a great morning because Louis tells me that today you said it's Kenny Rogers' birthday, right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I kind of almost dreaded it.
Speaker 8: Text so you can so you know there are two more songs you have to play. Okay, I know I'm down. Don't get you down. Oh my god, I was so happy to hear this song. You have no idea.
Speaker 7: I turned to Justin. I said, I'm actually dreading the next.
Speaker 8: Of course, because look how gay. I know he's so gay.
Speaker 7: Your reaction is actually scares I know.
Speaker 8: I know it scares me too, But I love Kenny. I remember the good old days of Kenny Rogers Roasted Chickens right across the street from London's on Emmons Avenue in cheaps Head Bay, a couple of blocks away from there. In the really good old days, what was that place where they gave you a free beer and the bar, the shrimp and all.
Speaker 7: That and oh a beef steak charge.
Speaker 8: Yes, Steve steak, Charlie, it wasn't but no, I know it was all the or you can drink. Oh, no, you can eat shrimp. Yeah, those are.
Speaker 7: The good.
Speaker 24: There.
Speaker 8: It was this one I think was w and Ocean Avenue. I'm not sure, but that was my neighborhood. I sang out of Captain Walter's on Thursday nights and Wheelers on Tuesday nights.
Speaker 7: My guy Mike half way decent steak.
Speaker 8: Yes, Speve steak wasn't bad. Yeah, it was good for that. Then you know, my friends and I would go out like ten of us and we have enough money for cocaine at the end of the night. It was great. Yeah, sorry about that.
Speaker 23: And co.
Speaker 8: Oh, that's Bubba Gump deep frosting Bubba Gump from Forrest Gump. I love that, you know. Don't fall in love with a dreamer. I'm a dreamer, and I never dreamt though I'd get to this point in my career that i'd be in second place to Curtis and Larry. But here i am. But they're very impressive. One point four. But I do want to thank Rivka's sons who wrote a story about me. She interviewed me last week. Now, there are stories written about me every day. I'm not exaggerating. You don't know anybody like me outside of Trump. You don't know anybody like me. There are stories written about me every day all over the world. Eat on, I'm not kidding you. Sometimes they're nice. Most of the time they're not. But this girl, Rivka interviewed me last week. It's in the Jewish link and Rio said that to me in Jersey yesterday, and I gave it to Danielle and my son and it was so beautiful. And the name of it is we did it Dad, which refers to what I said when I found out at three o'clock in the morning Israel time that I made the Hall of Fame. We did it that. But it goes on to talk about a whole variety of issues and including me possibly running fam mayor and the political scene here in New York and across the country and around the world. So VKA, thank you for that and talking about Gabe. Tomorrow's a big day because we're all going to Yankee Stadium. My beautiful wife done amazing job with this charity, this Proxyadcdamerica dot org. My little boy was diagnosed with this proxya at Miami Children's Hospital, little boy, and he's turned out to be an amazing kid. He's a great kid, and you wouldn't even know he's got a disability most of the time. He really wouldn't, but he does. And we started this chat and we were doing well, and then COVID came and we were done. Then restarted it after COVID, and now we're doing very well. And thanks to a lot of pro sports teams, Vinnie Viola and the Florida Panthers and now Randy Levine, Stephanie and the New York Yankees. We got a big afternoon coming up tomorrow at Yankee Stadium raising money for the cause. All of our brands, not all of them, but a lot of our friends will be there, from Mark Oranger to Al Volpi, to Brad Wasserman to Robert Gilbert to many others, Justin lou Mjy, all of us, the whole Rosenberg family. So a big day coming up tomorrow. And yesterday Danielle actually gave me and Gabriel bought for us two tickets. On October the eighteenth, lewis for the Giants and the Saints at MetLife Stadium. Yeah, surprised us with two Giant tickets. Now I get invited every year by Pete Morgan. I very rarely go, but this year I'm excited about the team. I'm gonna go.
Speaker 7: Now. The big thing. If she got for you a helicopter to get you in and out.
Speaker 8: That would be nice, especially getting out it's the worst.
Speaker 7: Otherwise we'll see you in four hours.
Speaker 8: Well, it's a Sunday afternoon game. Sunday nights are the worst. Like the Giants open up Sunday night against Dallas. So kickoff is like eight thirty, game is over about eleven thirty. Youn't get out of the parking not till about one o'clock in the morning, so you don't get home till two three o'clock. So for me, I get picked up at four o'clock. It's brutal, So I can't do the night games anymore Sunday night, Monday night. But one o'clock Sunday afternoon. I should be home by six. Yeah, Giants, Giants have the Doppins on Saturday. The Jets have these Steelers later on tonight. Already been an amazing show already Doctor Oz and Brian kill Mead. Four more great guys still to come. Joanne Ariola our council Lady. She's coming up next. K T McFarlin, Ariel Epstein and the Big One. Lee's Elden but Burst, Kim Cocks, Betty Date.
Speaker 23: Her hair is hollow gold, her lips sweet, surprised, her hands never cold.
Speaker 8: She's got Baddie Day beside.
Speaker 23: She's Time of Music coming.
Speaker 22: You won't have to think twice.
Speaker 23: She's Pyrdle's New York Snow. She got Baddie Day besides.
Speaker 8: And she tease you.
Speaker 1: She didn't want to heeds you.
Speaker 21: How bad time jos to please you.
Speaker 8: She's a kochess and she knows just what it.
Speaker 2: Takes to mag the problem.
Speaker 23: She got grab a cob stand outside.
Speaker 8: She's gone bad today.
Speaker 10: Download this seventy seven WABC Mobile lap now get the latest news and information. Listen to your favorite shows and podcasts anywhere you go. Available now on Google Play and in the app stores. Talk Radio seventy seven WABC WABC traffic intransit well from.
Speaker 11: The Apple Bank Traffic Desk northbound on the Belt Parkway right around Belmont Park. There was an accident there a little earlier on. They've got that now out of the way. But on Staten Island eastbound Staten Island Expressway at Martin Luther King Expressway, there must be a pretty big pothole there because they've decided to close a one lane and work on it right now. So as you're traveling eastbound, you've got that know. Up in Westchester, a bunch of stuff going on hutch southbound Pellam Bay Parkway. You've got police activity. The right lane is out on six p eighty four southbound. There is a stalled vehicle right at exit two. And then some flooding on the Taconic northbound of Commerce Street in Mount Pleasant. It looks like all lane are closed there northbound on the Taconic Parkway.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 11: We also have problems in central New Jersey on one ninety five westbound coming into eight and sixteen, an accident. The left lane is out and then if you're traveling northbound on Route thirty five coming into George Street, there's a Saint George Avenue. Rather there's an accident that also being clear now New Jersey Transit trains a couple of them still out there that were canceled, the seven oh three at New Brunswick and the seven thirty eight out of South Damboy and alternates side again. Today is an effect with an Apple Bank pick your own term CD get a guaranteed ay to return the fitcher six to twelve month timeline. Stop buy an Apple Bank branch to open today. Member fdi C twenty five thousand dollars minimum deposit required to open new money only Early withdrawal penalty may apply. I'm Joe Nolan with traffic on talk radio seventy seven WABC.
Speaker 12: Fully and Gentilly time time is seven forty five. For forty years. This that line of law firm of Benjulian Gentili has been helping people just like you call seven one eight eight one six triples zer were five of visit ag Law NYC dot com.
Speaker 1: This friends for this is SID and friends in the morning.
Speaker 10: From My Friends seventy seven w ABC.
Speaker 24: Yeah, Ah, what's it now of the day.
Speaker 25: We throw at least fun away, walk the streets, happy, join to find a new career.
Speaker 8: Now if you get a bull attack, but then in danger on your back, got a lot of friends. I think this is justin steam song. Right. Only takes a minute, girl to what I did there.
Speaker 7: We waited till he left.
Speaker 8: Hollo way, I want to talk. It's over real quick.
Speaker 7: That's the quality.
Speaker 8: That's right, Thank you very much, Lewis. You know my buddy rang Port Jackson. He'll be with us at the Yankee game tomorrow. Him and Danielle's the best friend page and the Orange is a great buddy of mine too. And in the spirit of bat Steak Charlie's Lewis, he says, don't forget Cookies Steak Pub. Remember that place, Cookie Steak Pub. I do remember it. I don't remember the exact address. It wasn't nearly as popular as beef steaks.
Speaker 7: There's a couple of them. I got two loaded in beef steaks, right.
Speaker 8: They kept bringing the beer. It was great.
Speaker 7: Right, that's it. Now I can go back to campus.
Speaker 8: How many beef steaks were there? A lot of them?
Speaker 7: Was a few.
Speaker 14: I just that was the most convenient one because one for you and fo by Fordham. You walked out Fordham Road, you walked out the entrance of Fordham right you went up about not even a half mile was right there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we flew.
Speaker 7: Webster Avenue before, right before the Metro North.
Speaker 8: State gotcha after it and again mine was Ocean Avenue right by. Jeep said bay that was great, and then I just want a couple of blocks to captain Walters. But the Wheelers, which my buddy Mike still owns and really tied it on. It was good stuff. What I was fun. Joanne Ariola happens to be our council woman where I live in lou lives out there in Queen's. She does a spectacular job and there's a whole bunch of issues we need to talk about right now. And welcome back to sitting friends in the morning. How are you.
Speaker 6: I'm great and it's so great to be back.
Speaker 9: Thank you, sid Nah, You're welcome.
Speaker 8: Sweet look for starters. I got a picture last night as I was listening to loud thunder and watching lightning and watching my daughter's bedroom leak again of a tornado in the waters right on neighborhood. What a hectic couple of hours last night. Is there a lot of damage this morning, there's a lot of damage.
Speaker 6: And the tornado actually was in various portions of the district and on into Long Island, over an Atlantic beach. It wiped out the Sun and Serf Beach Club. But one of the biggest tornados was right behind my office, you know where that is on Beach one twelve Street offs on Beach Channel Drive, right behind that, and a friend of mine was out there taking a video of it. I guess he's a tornado chaser and sent it over. But it took your breath away because this is not something that we're accustomed to. Significant damage.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think that one point nine, which is the one commercial block with all those great restaurants, the Sorrentina's and Pico and Cali's and all those great spot My buddy Robbie Soascido's place, they lost power right.
Speaker 6: Yes, and there was powered oudeas that were trees down.
Speaker 9: It was.
Speaker 6: It was a terrible and it lasted a significant amount of time. That was the other thing. I had just actually left the peninsula and within fifteen minutes of reaching the mainland, I was starting to get videos.
Speaker 8: Wow, you know one story before we get to the AMS stuff that brought up yesterday, which I know you really care about because you're a great American, and that is this story about this big to do at Ferry Hawk Stadium, which we own, John Katzmatiti's on Staten Island, where the FDNY is going to have this gathering of victims family as ship member family members are victims who were killed nine to eleven going out there to speak and I believe it today before the actual nine to eleven date, and they expect it to be about four hours long. And as it turns out, the Mayor's office got involved and the fire commissioner Lilyan something or rather I don't care, and they cut it from four hours to two hours. They're making the family members of the victims record their messages so the mayor will have more time to speak live. I mean, I'm bending over backwards, and you are too, Joanne, with people like Giovanni Galante to keep the mayor away from the sacred soil of the Freedom Tower nine to eleven. And now this guy is making sure that that ceremony on Staten Island's going to be cut short so he can speak is that right?
Speaker 6: So it's not right at all. That's a ceremony that should go on as planned. But let's just try to put it into context. He wants everyone else's statement to be on video, but his is live, I imagine, and will be longer. Why because he cannot face those people. He cannot face the people who lost loved ones in nine to eleven. He knows he doesn't belong there. He knows they're going to turn their backs on him. He doesn't want to hear the booze. This is a very thin skinned mayor, so he will orchestrate an event that makes him look like a hero. He will never be a hero.
Speaker 8: Oh god, he's a low life. Andy, do you want to comment, I killed her yesterday, But you don't have to if you don't want to, you have to work with her. But I killed her yesterday. Julie Menin, you're speaker coming out and saying that the mayor deserves to be there. Why? Why you know the mayor he's got to absolutely, he's got to balance the budget. He's got to run the police department. He's got job description things he's got to do. There's nothing in the mayor's job description that says he needs to be there nine to eleven, And don't tell me every other mayor has been there. Every other mayor doesn't hang out with Ussan Piker. So what did you think about Menin's comments?
Speaker 6: I honestly didn't take the speaker's comments to heart. I only take to heart the comments from the family members who lost their loved ones. That's the only opinion that mr answer. Not anybody who's on television saying, oh, well, he's the mayor and we all know who was saying that, or anyone else who's putting this on Facebook. The people who lost their loved ones don't want him there, and that's enough of a reason for me to not want him there.
Speaker 8: The overwhelming majority. But that was a great answer. You're good at this, you know that you're in. You're not bad. Maybe shran for office one day. I saw this. They give it a try, Yeah, give it a try. Your friend Phillis Intuello, who's also a terrific sent me the story New York City nine to one one system glitch block nearly seventeen hundred This can't be right. Seventeen hundred emergency calls for seven hours. That can't be right? Is that right?
Speaker 6: Oh, it's right, Oh, it's right. Seven hours. So there is a unit in it's a facility in the Bronx called PSAC two. It's the Public Safety Answering System, and it is one of the few centers that are run by the Mayor's Office of Technology and Innovation, not the NYPD. And it had a major breakdown by three am. People were calling nine one one and they were able to get through, but the operator couldn't hear them, and they couldn't hear the operator. And this goes on for seven hours, seven hours, without notifying a responding agency within his own administration that there is a big a breakdown. So think about it. For seven hours, New Yorkers, some of whom may have been critically ill, did not have a working nine to eleven system to bring them the life saving services that they needed. It was fixed a little after ten am.
Speaker 26: But here's.
Speaker 6: Here's where I really it blows my mind even further. It's fixed by ten am, But did decide to at ten am the calls to Brooklyn? Why didn't they route the calls to Brooklyn during those seven hours?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 6: They just let it go. They let it go into complete silence, and PD didn't know about it. They realized it about nine am, and FDNY was alerted about twelve pm, which again I will say, it was already rectified because they were getting gd calls for assaults and a battery and mostly to serve persose. Now the agency started to talk to each other and there was complete and utter mayhem, while the Mayor's office remained mum. So is it is that is unaccepted? No?
Speaker 8: I agree. So is it fair to say when you look at the snowstorms here in New York where people died, Okay, it's not a job. People died. Okay. You look at the streets of New York City and the garbage is piled so high every Sunday night every Monday morning that it's real disgusting. Is it fair to say that this one, like the others, falls on the mayor?
Speaker 6: It all falls on the mayor. Every agency and whether they're doing a good job or a bad job, falls on the mayor. But what I found so interesting I saw in one of the news channels last night. I had been interviewed by Channel two News on a different topic, but at the end the commentator started to talk about this nine to one one breakdown, and the commentator said that when they called the mayor's office, they blamed it on Motorola, who is their provider. Now this has become such standard operating procedure for the mayor. He is guilty of nothing.
Speaker 8: True.
Speaker 6: He's the golden child, and his mom and dad told him how great he was.
Speaker 8: He bought it. He blames that story, and he blames everyone everybody else. That's right, every single issue that happens in this city, which clearly falls under him, he finds a way to aim somebody else. And a lot of times, as you know Joanne and Ariola, he blames his own people. He goes his own people under the bus.
Speaker 6: Right, He'll take a staffer and throw him under the bus. But you know what, leaders lead from the front, sid and you have to stand there and say, look, we screwed up. But he didn't. He's up in Neanderada at a Rundacks and hiking in the Adaronjacks. So you know what, I say, take a hike, mom, Donnie.
Speaker 9: Take a hike.
Speaker 8: That is great. I also say, Mom, Donnie, hijacked nine to eleven, which is you know, a rough word. I know, especially with what the family's went through. But that's what he's done. Take a hike. I really like that one. Tell me about Intro nine to ninety and the Minutes Matter Bill looks like, Joanne, you're going to try to help us with this issue. We just experience. What's always all about it?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it really does lends to the importance of the Minutes Matter Bill because we were getting notifications at our office over the summer that at some point in time, on many occasions, the YPDEMS were holding eight hundred calls, seven hundred calls, six hundred calls, and that's impossible to overcome. And so immediately, you know, you mentioned Phillis. She is an amazing chief of staff, friend, legislator.
Speaker 9: She writes the legislation.
Speaker 6: She said, we really need to do something about this. So she got on her computer and she put in a legislation for the Minutes Matter Bill. And what it would do is require the Office of Emergency Management, which our committee also oversees, to issue an emergency notification anytime fdny EMS has more than twenty five pending ambulance dispatches, and that the notification would be on a non emergency resource like the notified NYC that we're always touting. I know that I subscribe to Notify NYC on Facebook and on on X and it is very informative. And if the if the calls go up over six hundred to seven hundred, then it becomes a state of emergency and then you will see it on your TV, on your radio, on your phones where we get those state of emergency alerts if there is a hurricane or a tornado coming, that that should happen, because not only would it alert you, it would give you options and give you a realistic expectation. I said, how long it would take for an ambulance to get to you if you are a loved one or sick. So you have options then to call over to north Well and get an ambulance, to make the hospital and get an ambulance, call a private ambulance, call your volunteer fire, an ambulance Corps to come and get you. This gives you options so that you're not being thrown in a car like our officer Diller was and he lost his life. And just recently we had two instances where a twenty two year old man who had had an overdose. We're going to wait twenty five minutes for an ambulance and he did not make it. And then another man died in police custody. He was having some type of medical emergency. And this was in the twenty fifth precincts in Harlem, and they called around twelve twenty and it took twenty minutes for an ambulance to get there. When you were having a heart attack, a stroke, or an asthma attack, that means you don't you don't make it, So you know, this type of bill would a hold the EMS accountable and then also give us the knowledge we need to make sure we get our loved ones to a hospital safely. But why do we have these backlogs? That's the even bigger question. Why do we have these backlogs Because the Mayor of New York City does not want to pay EMS more than eighteen dollars an hour to save your life, so they can't maintain they're members. They immediately go up to Fdmy'll pay people. They It's despicable these guys. They go out every day and save lives for eighteen dollars an hour. So what happens is with the greatest training grounds in the world, we train lifeguards. They go to Nassau County and they go to the National Park Service. We train EMS workers, they go to fire department, or they go out to Nassa County where they'll get paid more money, or up to Westchester. We need to pay our EMS workers more money so that we're not down in staffing. We need to pay them so they will make it their career and that they will have retention. And additionally, we have to make sure that the ambulances are working properly. We're understaffed at the maintenance yard. These ambulances sometimes don't work. You can put fifteen ambulances out on a night and only one is working. And we're working on something on something right now. But to get back to the nine to one one calls. This calls for city council hearing. And I had a conversation with Speakerman in and we will be doing in the early in early September, a joint hearing Fire and Emergency Management, public Safety, government ops, and technology will do a public will do a joint hearing. And asked the Mayor's Office of Technology and Innovation to be there and said, let's hope they show up.
Speaker 8: I doubt it. We just had a big city Council media a couple of days ago on that second home tax. And I know the mayor's on vacation, but not one rep, not one rep from his office showed up. And I know you did a great job in Frank Morano when Ino Vernon covol you guys, and Vicky hamp David Kahn hammered, hammered the mayor's office. But the coward that he is. Nobody from his office was there. Nobody.
Speaker 6: It's disgraceful. We are a legislative body, we're an oversight body. And yet he sent a five page document that was read into the record.
Speaker 2: Defintely.
Speaker 6: I would not have read it into the record. I would have filed it, yep, and that would have been it. And it would have been, however many hours that lasted. It would have been an absolute condemnation session of how the mayor is running this city. So you cannot be behind the curtain and run this city. You have to be there. You have to answer. And because they did not send anybody and they just sent a statement to me, it meant that they could not defend their actions.
Speaker 8: Correct. Guilty, guilty, That's what it meant. Love the guys at Jerakoff. I hate to use that word, but you live in Howard Beach. The guys at jerkof Joanne, I love you, I do. I think you're terrific. I really do you too. Keep up the great work and really keep biding out there every day. Thank you so much.
Speaker 6: Okay, thank you and keep uplifting these issues. Thank you for having me on you got it.
Speaker 8: Set it. Johanne Ariola right there, terrific counsel lady from our area. Thank you, Joanne, and Phyllis and my great brother in law Albert Baker checks in. I love Albert. Albert ray Sherry and he says Louis Cookie Steak Pub was on Avenue M and East sixteenth Street. He said, we went there one year for Thanksgiving and they served us a raw turkey.
Speaker 7: That doesn't sound a good thing.
Speaker 8: Oh it doesn't. There you have it. I'll go at Beastaks. Nice job, I'll Baker god Well, take a break when we get back. Another very bright lady joins us every Friday, the amazing Katie mcfalland she's coming up next. Don't forget Lee Zelden at nine o'clock Friday edition, Sitting Friends in the morning only takes a minute.
Speaker 2: Girl the fallen.
Speaker 10: Listens seventy seven w ABC. W ABC traffic Intransit.
Speaker 15: Put the Apple Bank traffic desk.
Speaker 11: And as you begin to travel northbound on the Belt Parkway, we still have a little bit of self slow traffic as you start to come on in through the area of Kennedy Airport, and then as you had northbound on the Cross Island, some slow traffic there, and again that is simply because of an earlier accident which has now been cleared away right at Belmont Park. But still a little bit of sluggishness getting through there inbound l I E or slow to Queens Boulevard if you're heading inbound on the goan to speak, que Industry City on up to the Brooklyn Bridge, and then on Staten Island. A lot of heavy traffic coming off of the Gothels Bridge coming in through the area of the Martin Luther King Expressway. Again emergency pothole repair going on at that point. Now on the Hutch on the southbound side. That police activity at exit five that continues in Central Jersey as you travel westbound one ninety five. They should be clearing that accident at Eggs at sixteen that was there in the left lane, and then northbound Route thirty five at Saint George's Avenue in the Woodbridge Avenel area.
Speaker 15: Again you continue island, you continue.
Speaker 11: To have delays that you had northbound, and again that because of an accident investigation that is ongoing and just one new Jersey Transit train that's still out there would have been still out there. The seven thirty eight out of South Amboy doing the city at eight forty seven that has been canceled.
Speaker 15: Alternate side is in effect.
Speaker 11: Traffic is sponsored by Apple Bank, now at the highest annual percentag yield this year on any six to twelve month CD Visit your local Apple Bank to open today. Member FDIIC twenty five thousand dollars minimum deposit required to open. New money only Early withdrawal penalty may apply. I'm Joe Nolan with traffic on Talk Radio seventy seven WABC.
Speaker 1: All across them there, OK, this is the Red Apple Audio Networks Market Report sponsored by Abacus Global Management.
Speaker 27: Good morning, I'm John Terrett. The national debt now more than forty trillion dollars. Treasury says the figure was to pass on Tuesday that's earlier than expected, in part because of the billions not realized because some of President Trump's tariffs were invalidated by the courts. Bond yields rose again yesterday. That means prices down, and that is despite Treasury intervention on Wednesday to try and reverse that situation. At the end of the Thursday session, that Dow, the NASDAK, and the SMP were all in the red. The Dow was down more than one percent, Oil was rising, Brent at ninety three dollars a barrel, WTI eighty eight, and Thropics says it wants to match SpaceX's IPO and it could come to market by the end of the month. Meanwhile, SpaceX shares were down about six or seven percent.
Speaker 8: Yesterday.
Speaker 27: Walmart saw the slowest comparable growth in six years. A rare sales miss for the world's biggest storm. Still raised its guidance, though but not as much as Wall Street might have liked, and the stock was down by good ten percent. The Chinese e commerce side Ali Baba net profit down seventy five percent amid heavy spending on AI to the tune of ten billion dollars. Bitcoin was up around seventy two thousand dollars per token. This after President Trump urged passage of the Clarency Act, a casual act for all crypto trading in America, which comes to the Senate floor next month. Coinbase, major cryptocurrency company, up seven percent on Thursday.
Speaker 2: With Business, I'm John Trett.
Speaker 1: This is the Red Apple Audio Networks Market Report sponsored by Abacus Global Management.
Speaker 28: What if the future of finance wasn't built around averages but around you. At Abocus Global Management, we're reshaping financial planning around the most personal data point your lifespan. But it's more than just insight, it's control. As a technology driven asset manager, We're empowering investors with an integrated system to take command of your time, your future, your financial destiny.
Speaker 2: This is a new era of investment. Take control at ABACUSGM dot com.
Speaker 1: This is sitting friends in the morning, ABC.
Speaker 8: Why do you think you've gained this much popularity.
Speaker 9: Because I'm not afraid to say what needs to be said. There is a place for prayer five times a day, and it's not here. And the reason why I say that is because in the Quran, you sid and myself and every listener is the infidel, and so when you've got a religion, if you want to call it that swearing that you are going to die, you're going to be killed because you're a non believer. That's not a religion.
Speaker 29: That's a cult.
Speaker 9: Christianity is what I know. It's built on telling the truths. You're told not to lie, it's a sin. But in the Muslim face, lying is okay. A format Akia is that you can lie all day long if you're you know, pushing forward the Quran, if you're pushing forward Allah, and you know, they'll sit there and tell you that there's seventy two virgins waiting for all them up in heaven. But this is the same religion.
Speaker 8: Those virgins look like Rosy o'donald just so you know, look ahead.
Speaker 9: I'm sorry, yeah, but I don't even know if they look like I mean, look, they make their women cover their faces. Women are treated like a second class citizen in that religion. So I look at it and I see it as being antithetical to the United States of America's long term goal, which is freedom for everybody they want to take over. That came from the Islamic world in the Muslim brotherhood, because they figured out the blue print. They figured out you don't take America from bombing planes into buildings, you take it over from within. And so I'm going to continue to fight for the rest of my life to ensure that my kids and my grandkids, and your kids and your grandkids aren't sitting there being victimized to some Islamic nut who's running this country, because that's what's going to happen twenty thirty years from now. Sit. If we stop fighting, you're going to see the President of the United States. Want to change this to the United States of Islam.
Speaker 8: We're going to see the President of the United States the President of the United States of Islam. I love this song. You may think that's crazy. I don't. There's a reason why that guy gets millions and millions and millions of hits on social media. There is a reason why he and I become good friends, and a reason why he made his debut on this show yesterday. I love the guy. His name is Dennis Michael Lynch. He used to work here in New York City, down by the Stock Exchange, lived out on Long Island, witnessed the buildings come down on nine to eleven, saw what was going on in this city, and he now lives in Florida, like a lot of my friends who had great lives up here in New York, New Jersey who now live in Boca or Layda the hell or they moved west to Tampa Saint Pete and Dennis Michael Lynch is one of them. But man is he popular these days because he's not a faith to tell the truth. And every time one of these lunatic DSAY candidates win, like Angie Nixon did in Florida a couple of days ago, Thank god, Florida, for the most part, did a great job. My two good friends, Randy Fine and Bybrant Donald's winning. But she won Angie Nexon. And you get these psychos like sayat now, look, don't forget they won primaries. You know, people who don't understand politics. They think they won they won primaries. Okay. I don't think Angie Nixon is gonna win in November in Florida. I don't think El Sayed Abdul is gonna beat Mike Rogers in Michigan. Winning a primary is one thing. I haven't won the election. And I do think a lot of these DSA candidates are gonna get their answers.
Speaker 9: Kid.
Speaker 8: But my next guest, her daughter is a big time politician down in South Florida. I'm very proud of her, Kat mcfalland, And Kat, do you I think you'd agree that a lot of these candidates, even Nixon down in Florida, they win the primary, yes, but winning the ge that's a whole different story.
Speaker 6: Well, and they're.
Speaker 19: Likely to those candidates communist candidates who won let's call them what they are, communist candidates. They're not going to win the general and in fact, they're going to lose the general by even more so. At the end of the day, I think the Democrat Party is further weakened by having these fringe lunatic left wing candadates.
Speaker 8: They really are fringed lunatics. I'm not even sure they're fringe. They're getting a little more popularity, but you're right, they're not going to win the general election. So I love having you won everybody, because you, really, of all my guests all week long, give me the most info on the Iran conflict. Then you and I go back and forth. I disagree sometimes with what you say, but you certainly do a tremendous job of proving your case. All the last couple of days, the President has been really hesitant to even talk about the complict he has. He's moved on to other issues and doesn't really want to talk about he won Mutch. The last couple of days, where are we this Friday? KT in that conflict?
Speaker 19: I think we've already won. Now we haven't signed a peace agreement. But what were the objectives of the Iran war going into it? Stop their nuclear program? The nuclear programs underpiled under rubble. If they try to clear the rubble and restart the nuclear program, fine, we just bomb it again. If they try to build a new nuclear Richmond facilities in new mountains sun, we bomb those. We can see what's happening on every square inch of Iran right now. We're watching that with our satellite and other technologies. You just bombit when they try to rebuild a nuclear program. So the nuclear program done, what's the next part of it? Straight up hormus and keeping world energy? Where is that we're getting shipped through? They're getting through by turning off their responders. It's like a GPS system, so they're not you know, nobody knows that they're getting through except us, because we're helping them get through. But we know that probably ten million there als a day, which is about half of the normal flow through the Strait of Hormuz, that is getting through, and it's getting through on the southern route, the Omani coast route. And why we know that because with a look at the price of oil, and we look at how much oil is in the world, it's coming from somewhere. Some of it's coming from the United States. The United States is now the world as a result of the Iron War. The world is now. The US is now the world's largest exporter of crude, refined oil, liquefied natural gas, and not by a little bit, by an order of magnitude. So it's been good for business for US. And then the second way the oil is getting through the region is through pipelines. There were existing pipelines before, and some of it, especially from the uae Iraq others, traveled by pipeline to reach their market, but those pipelines have now been jazzed up. More oil is going through the pipelines, and there's a race to build more pipelines. New pipeline including pipelines going to the Mediterranean from the Middle East. So the value that Iran has of the Strait of Remus is an ability to blackmail the world. And they've used that straight of removes for fifty years to blackmail the world, going back to the Reagan administration, when I work for President Reagan, they mine the Strait of Removes, they throw the world economy into uproar. Now they won't be able to do it because oil is coming from different places and it's moving differently. So in that regard, Iran is no longer has the ability to blackmail the world. And then the third thing is what is their threat to the region where their threats to the region has been massively reduced Hesba lah Amas, the UTIs the Cyria all has gone or greatly just greatly greatly devalued, And.
Speaker 8: So what about the way if that's true, And if that's true, then you you know, you have to give a lot of credit to Israel for that, not just US.
Speaker 19: One one hundred percent to Israel because Israel took out the proxies. Israel helped us with intelligence first of all with the attack that we did at night Hammer and taking out the nuclear sites, but also Israel in everybody's back pocket is the ability to take out the next, second, third, and fourth tier of leadership in irun Is. Israel knows the sad, knows where all those guns are and how to get them.
Speaker 8: Yeah, also haven't gotten. They also know who's out there trying to kill the president. They've saved his life a couple of times. So I would just just to play double's advocate, because you know, I love Trump as much as you do, and I love them every bit today as I did, you know, ten nine years ago, because I did both raillary. But if all this is true and we've won, and I don't think we've won, I think we're winning. I think his detractors that say we lost the war blah blah blah, that's ridiculous. I do think we're winning. But this game's not over from me. I'm in the sixth inning. It's a nine inning baseball game. But with that said, if you're right and we won and all the news is good news, why is this a pooval rating so miserable?
Speaker 19: I think part of it is he doesn't explain it. I mean that was one of my frustrations in working with President Trump in the first term. He sees the big picture, he sees you know all the moves, and he sees the moves five years down the road, but he doesn't explain it to the American people. I think he figures that everybody gets it already, and they don't. It's because he's so far ahead in thinking of the various moves down the chessboard. I mean, for example, what's the big takeaway from the Iran or put the Iran part of it out of your mind for a minute. The big takeaways We've transformed the Middle East, first with the Abraham Accords and now with the golf Arabs for the most part working with us, fighting with US against Iran. That's a huge transformation. If you and I had had a conversation a year ago saying, well, you know, some of the golf Arabs countries would be working with Israel against Iran, you'd laugh at me. The golf Arabs have never worked with Israel, and now they're working with Israel. So that's a big change. And then the next change is that we now dominate world energy, not only because of Trump's economic policies and energy policies in the US, but because of it because of our new relationship with Venezuela and all fair oil, our new relationship with this calf A countries and all fair oil. And so we're now in the are the dominant not not just self sufficient, not just energy independent, dominant energy power in the world. Now, why does that matter? Well, it always matters for manufacturing and various other things in the economy, but it really matters when you look ahead. What's the next transformative technology that's going to change the world? Artificial intelligence. We're ahead of the technology of it, but we're also ahead in the energy because it requires massive amounts of energy. So I think present time needs to tell that to the American people don't get it. And if there's a temporary you know, four dollars and twelve cents for gasoline for the next month or two, I think America understand.
Speaker 8: That Reuterers is reporting that only a single number of ships are passing through the Home Move Straight every day, So you know, you just it's kind of like, who do you believe today? Waters of course is not exactly a fund of the administration. I get that, but there are agencies that are saying that only less than ten ships a day are going through the Straight just out there. I don't know, what do you say, when you see that, so.
Speaker 19: Here where you see that? What that conclusion is the tracking that international groups are doing of the ships, Well, how do you track a ship? Basically through GPS. They're called responders on a ship, and those are turned off the ships are getting through the strait that they're turning off their GPS system. So the people who are tracking it, who look only for the GPS signal, they're not seeing a GPS signal. They're not realizing that those ships are going through the strait. So I would say that's kind of flawed data. Look at the inevitability of the numbers. Why is gasoline still I guess eighty eight dollars a burrol today, But it's in the between. It's the bet between seventy eighty eighty five dollars a barrel. And it has been whether there's been a ceasefire or no cease fire, whether the strait has been open, whether strait has been closed. The importance of the Strait of Remouse is a diminishing asset for Iran, and then the people who are clamor for regime change, and I would love to see regime change. I don't think it's an American first objective. Our objective is the nukes. Our objective is the energy the strait of Remouse. But regime change that do you know what happened yesterday? The head of the Bank of Iran and the speaker of the Parliamum of Iran both gave speeches and they said, we can't go on like this with the economy in free fall, not to win.
Speaker 8: I want to ask you this though, if God forbid, we don't win in twenty eight, whether it's J. D. Van Til Marco Rubio, we don't win, Okay, in some lunatic democrat, which is I really can't even think of somebody. That's how iticulous as hypothetical is. But whatever, you know, the uh, it doesn't go well for Trump. You know, we lose the House. They impeach him every day, and this is all God forbid stuff, of course, and a Democrat actually wins. Has Trump done stuff during this conflict that is democrat proof? Or if they take over in a couple of years, do they unravel all of this?
Speaker 19: I think it's if a normal Democrat were to take over, it's Trump has put it into practice, right, like the low drug prices, for example. I don't think any Democrat, normal democrat is going to say, okay, let's go back to real high drug price.
Speaker 8: Oh I got to tell you, I actually I actually had doctor ozon this morning. I very rarely have a guest Katie at six point thirty in the morning, but he came on. He actually called us to come on. And one of the people that is championing what President Trump did here, believe it or not, Mark Cuban, right right, right, So he's got that the Dow Jones is putting up big, big numbers. The price of eggs, like he pointed out along on the last week, is down. You know, eventually interest rates would wash in control. They're going to come down. So a lot of the economic indicators favor President John.
Speaker 19: Here's the example I used. So I was in the Reagan administration. I'm a cold warrior, and when President Reagan was elected in nineteen eighty, the economy was devastating shape. Where there were gasoline lines, there was rationing. If you want to get a mortgage for your house, I don't like eighteen percent, twenty percent, like you know, rates that nobody could really afford. There was massive inflation, there was massive unemployment. The economy was a wreck. And what happened. Reagan came in and changed everything. He changed the tax laws, he changed the regulatory laws, He encouraged energy production, he rebuilt the American defenses. He did all those things. But the academy didn't turn around. It's like a big super thinker. It takes a while to turn that around. And it did not turn around. By nineteen eighty two in the midterms, it was still people were still filling in the pain and they'd see no gain, and so Reagan lost the midterms. But what happened is that that's November nineteen eighty two, lost the midterms, economy is still looking bad. Within six months, the economy turned around and it was the biggest most successful run economic bull market run in American history so far. And I think that's what Trump faces now. The economy is going to turn around for all the reasons you've just said, it just hasn't quite happened yet. When it happens, off to the races, you know, economy, energy prices are going to come down, artificial intelligence is taking over that we're going to be leading all the trillion down twenty trillion dollars in new investment into the United States, Factories are being built, jobs will be there, it'll be spectacular. It just hasn't quite happened yet. And that's what's so frustrating. And I think again, explain that to the American people. Putt, mister Wright, of.
Speaker 8: Course, that's good at it, do it right. That's going to bode the question. So the Trump detractors are going to say, while these wars, he lied to us. America first, no one new wars. This is not a new war, you dumb bastards. They started this forty seven years ago. I'm sick of trying to explain it to people. But the new war, you know he got, he lied to us. It's not America first, all these wars costing us a fortune, all the money we give to Israel. That's why. Okay, that's gonna be the excuse from the Trump detractor. Now, the Trump fan like me says, hold on a second. I don't think you guys even realize how bad Joe Biden left this country for Trump. So bad every possible way, world wars, the economy, race relations, you name it. Joe Biden gave Trump literally a bag of horsecrap. And it's gonna take a while to fix it. Those are gonna be the two schools of thought. Trump needs to really go out there and drive home what I just said.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I mean, where would gasoline prices be right now with Shoe energy Joe Biden's energy policy, we wouldn't have American energy dominance. Where would drug prices be under Joe Biden's economy? Where would we be with regard to the Middle East? Probably know more in the Middle East because Iran would develop nuclear well, by the.
Speaker 8: Way too, and we'd still have hostages in uh in Gaza. Don't forget those morons, Biden and Harris. She's really a moron, she said, Remember this, I studied the maps. You studied nothing. She said, do not go into Rapa. Well, as it turns out, Trump went in and he saved a whole bunch of hostages. And by the way, we killed Sinwar in Rapa. So my guess is though it would still be hostages and still huge conflict between Israel and Hamas.
Speaker 19: And that's not absolutely and that's not to mention. I mean those proxies as Balahamas, et cetera, would be more powerful under Joe Biden. And then what would happen with our with regard to our situation in South America, we now have South America is turning into Trump Land, right because Ratikina is led by a pro Trump guy. Brazil is going to have an election with a pro Trump guy. A number of other countries in the region will probably have a deal with Cuba to get rid of the remaining, you know, octogenarian communists in Cuba and have a flourishing new relationship with a post communist Cuba. That would happen if a Democrat was in even a moderate Democrat wouldn't get you there. And as far as who would win a Democrat election, who would be the next per I mean, let let's say, in a crazy nightmare, it's AOC. What's she going to do? Going to let fund the police, defriend the military? You know, you just compared to Donald Trump, who by twenty twenty eighth the American economy will be off to the races.
Speaker 8: I don't think so what a disaster? Oh God, just thought of that could ruin the whole weekend. Come on, you've got a big weekend in Southampton, don't you.
Speaker 26: You always have a big one.
Speaker 8: I know, I was last Friday night at the Roberts House, boy, Willie is a beautiful place I had dinner. You must know this place. I think it's seventy five Main Street, is that right?
Speaker 19: I certainly know it very well, absolutely that it was a great place. And breakfast is Johns for John cass Well. I shouldn't probably say it to your millions of followers, but that's a big, big, important place in the life of Southampton.
Speaker 8: Okay, gotcha? And I mentioned you to everybody there just so you know they love you. The K team at Fallen and I love you here. You do a great job every Friday. Will you at tremendous job. Thank you so much.
Speaker 19: It's an honor and a pleasure.
Speaker 8: Thank you me too, KT, the great K T mcfauland right here on Sid and Friends in the morning really does his spectacular job every week. Still a lot more to do, Lee Zelding, he's gonna stop by. He has something to say about congestion pricing, which has very little to do with pricing. And the lovely Aril Epstein, formerly of ESPN. She's about to join Klay Travis on a new business venture. You know she made all those picks on ESPN. She'll make some picks here too. We have some fun, lots more to do. Friday Morning, sid Friends, good the morning.
Speaker 23: You wake up.
Speaker 8: That's Betty Ground.
Speaker 25: Little Wait, Loud Shave, Chance Saves.
Speaker 10: As the Power of Information at your fingertips. Download, there's seventy seven WABC Mubble Lap.
Speaker 8: Now all right, folks, it is time for the seventy seven WABC Mini Cast. Here you get the whole story in under ten New York minutes. Download and some debscribe wherever you get your podcasts and get the max out of Mini. Today's mini cast, like every Day is from Cats and Cosby. Here, John and we just speak with George Pirello about the woman that intended to blow up the New York State Capitol.
Speaker 30: This is a woman who converted to Islam and pledged her support to isis about five years ago. She went through the process of acquiring everything to make bombs and then what she thought was a handgun that she was buying from the undercover FBI agent. So this woman wanted to kill she said, one hundred senators and destroy as much of the building as possible. Then she wanted to escape to Syria. This is an Albany resident, a minderstanding and American citizen who has become radicalized.
Speaker 31: Here entertaining an informative talk for New York Streaming Now and You're smart. Speaker's playing seventy seven WABC, P seven WABC.
Speaker 2: This is sitting friends in the morning.
Speaker 27: I get by the little help from my friends.
Speaker 32: I can't remember when you were there, when I did kid for anyone, but I swear we've been through everything there he is. Can't imagine anything we've missed, can't imagine anything the two of us can't do through varus. You've never let me down. You've turned my life around the sweetest.
Speaker 20: Days I found.
Speaker 2: I've found with.
Speaker 4: You through the years.
Speaker 33: I've never been afraid. I've loved the life we've me And I'm so gladas day.
Speaker 8: Right here with you. What a great song. Kenny Rogers. Kenny Rogers' birthday today. He's not celebrating because he's dead, but he would have been what probably about ninety I don't know, no, I think it's eighty eight, eighty eight.
Speaker 7: He died in twenty twenty.
Speaker 8: What a great song. God, Kenny Rogers.
Speaker 7: You're not gonna be okay.
Speaker 8: I'm not gonna be okay. You you know they can easily play this song it's gay. I'll say it's gay. But for you and I, Lewis, we've now had twenty six years together. Through the years, doesn't work. It has to be you and MJ and me and Daniel. Can't be Lewin sid.
Speaker 7: Oh, it can't be that. We're just picking another song like what I Survived?
Speaker 8: There you go, Gloria Gaynor. That's a good one. Sure. I love that song by Kenny Roger. I love all of his songs. I do want to play earlier going with Kim Corns. You don't don't fall in love with the Dreamer the dream right, you got the Gambler, You've got, you got lady. That's a great song. He's so good.
Speaker 7: Kenny Rogers, you just can't figure sometimes. I can't figure you out at all. But it's okay, it's a great song.
Speaker 8: I'm an odd person in that respect. Is that what you're saying? What color is my jacket today? Loom?
Speaker 7: Yeah? What does that have to do with it? It's pink, pink.
Speaker 8: With birds on it. You're surprised I'm listening to Kenny Rogers.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm not surprised about that.
Speaker 8: I'm not afraid. See, unlike you guys, you're Beavis and Butter heead generation.
Speaker 7: Right, that's what it is, one or the other. Right.
Speaker 8: I am in touch with my female side.
Speaker 7: A little too much, maybe even.
Speaker 8: A little.
Speaker 7: Just you can be in touch with it. You just don't have to have a boat ride with it.
Speaker 8: A right show. That's all Pink Jacket and Kenny Rodgers. That's quite a morning. Lee Helton is going to join us. I told you earlier. You know you made it big when the Trump administration contacts you. And that's what happened twice today, twice doctor Oz six point thirty this morning. He was fantastic. His people contacted us, and Lee Seldon, the head of the EPA coming up in about twenty minutes. His people contacted us. That's when you know you're a big deal, you know. So we'll get Trump on soon too. And know he was on with Michael Cohen yesterday. We'll get him on probably over the next couple of weeks. I would that's a safe bet. But we'll take a break when we get back. I enjoyed this young lady. I made a mistake earlier, I said, ESPN. I don't confuse her with Aaron Dolan, some do I don't. Her name is Ariel Epstein, MLB Network and other spots. She's about to embark on a brand new business venture with a guy that we love on this show, Klay Travis. So tell us all about it. Making your debut in studio on Sitting Friends in the Morning, Ariel Epstein. Then we'll talk to Leezeldon some more. Kenny Rodgers Friday, Sitting Friends in the Morning.
Speaker 34: Yes, it's better every day you've kissed my tiarzo. As long as it's okay, I'll stay with you.
Speaker 10: You talk, We listen. Seventy seven WABC. WABC Traffic and Transit run.
Speaker 15: The Apple Bank Traffic Desk.
Speaker 11: If you're traveling outbound on the Guana S eighty sixth Street accident right lane going to be out that continues, and then on the inbound side, you're slow from just about the Prospect Expressway all the way up to the Brooklyn Bridge Hero's seventeen southbound Central Avenue and Roachelle Park a disabled track to trailer right lane westbound on one ninety five down.
Speaker 15: In Central New Jersey at exit sixteen.
Speaker 11: That crash is still there, and then also another one on the eastbound side at exit thirty one an accident with injuries there. That also continues now if you're heading out onto the inbound side of Long Island Expressway Northern and Southern States. We're in good shape in Nassau County coming into the city. Just slow traffic on the lie at Queens Boulevard, and if you're heading out onto the subways, we still are going to have some delays on the one, the two, the E, the B, and the F and alternate side again. Today is in effect. With an Apple Bank pick your own term CD, get a guaranteed ray to return the fitsure six to twelve month timeline. Stop buy an Apple Bank branch to open. Remember FDIIC twenty five thousand dollars minimum deposit required to open new money only Early withdrawal penalty may apply. I'm Joe Nolan with traffic on talk Radio seventy seven WABC.
Speaker 1: This is Sitting Friends in the morning, entertaining and informative.
Speaker 2: A month West Brand seventy seven WABC.
Speaker 8: A classic song here the sun is out Fiday morning, eight forty eight. I don't think Ariel Epstein is old enough to remember the who I don't even know about it? How old are you?
Speaker 4: I'll be next month.
Speaker 8: So do you like the who? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I like that. I love the who dad loves Yeah.
Speaker 8: So you know what's becoming really rough, Loue, is that all these young girls that we meet on the show and other places, it's always their dad that has something in a least, it's not Grandpa. She's a very good point. Soon it will be. But that's a very good point. We got that, not Grandpa Josh yet. So Ariel Epstein was a big star our MLB Network and a few other spots, and now she's joining Clay Travis. Clay is no longer without kick dot com. My good friend Craig Carton was on the show yesterday. He's going there. But Clay is leaving starting his own media network and Darriel is one of the big talents he's going to have in that project. He's very excited about it. So congratulations, thank you.
Speaker 35: We've had a couple of days that we've been live. It's a show called on Tilt and it's me, my best friend Kelly Stewart, and our good friend Joe Rainieri, who I know Joe. We have had so much fun across just two days. It's just such a fun mix of talking to two of your closest friends about sports, a little bit of politics, but mostly sports and sports betting.
Speaker 8: When you say a little bit of politics, what would you delve into him? Just curious because Clay's a big Trump guy like me.
Speaker 35: Of course, anything that kind of brings politics into sports. A lot of w NBA conversation, even just the politics of what we've seen with certain court cases and judges that are overturning things that has changed college football in college sports the way we know it. There was just a Louisiana judge the other day that said, if you went through the NFL draft, you joined an NFL team. But let's say you don't think you're gonna make the cut or you might not start. You have a week to decide if you want to go back to college.
Speaker 8: What Yep, you can be on an NFL team and then decide to go back to college.
Speaker 35: Yep, if you didn't, as long as you didn't take a regular season NFL snap, right.
Speaker 8: You see. I'm very close with the president of the Yankees, Randy Levine. In fact, we're having a big charity event for my son. The charity we do.
Speaker 4: You're with Lon Tross, Tell him I say, hello.
Speaker 8: Probably going to be there. So we got the Yankees and the Blue Jays tomorrow. And Randy has been working very very hard with Tiger Woods and Urban Meyer and a whole bunch of folks, Marco Rubio and the president on fixing college sports. And you know that, yes, there's a lot more work to do. I mean, you know there's.
Speaker 4: No regulation, there's nothing. Why in this world do we want to take away all regulation?
Speaker 8: You have starting quarterbacks in college ariel that are older than NFL starting quarterbacks. How does that make sense?
Speaker 35: Well, and what also bothers me is the reason that these players are even considering today leaving the NFL to go back to college. They're making about one hundred grand if they were a late round pick or went undrafted.
Speaker 4: They could go back to college.
Speaker 35: Say I got drafted in the NFL and some guy who's a big donor is going to offer him a million dollars.
Speaker 8: Amazing. That is absolutely unreal. What's happening to college football and college sports? I mean, look, when I was a kid, I love college basketball. I loved it right because I saw Chris Mollin play for years at Saint John's. Patrick Ewing at Georgetown, Michael Jordan, North Carolina. Now the good players play one year, they go to the NBA, and these teams you just can't love them because you can hip all love with the players that want and done.
Speaker 35: When I worked in North Carolina as a local sports anger, you worked there. I worked in North Carolina for Zion Williamson's era.
Speaker 10: I was.
Speaker 35: I moved out of New York, moved all the way to North Carolina, left everything behind because my dream was always to be a sports broadcaster. I was in local news and it was Zion Williamson, RJ.
Speaker 4: Barrett.
Speaker 35: But Zion is the reason Nil even exists today because he was such a sensation.
Speaker 4: Yep, he's in the NFL, in the NBA right now. He barely plays. He's injured all the time, all the time.
Speaker 8: Right It's so sad he's on the wallings. I think I don't even know. Mike Krzyzewsky did a great job with him. But you're right. So my wife spent about thirteen years living in Charlotte, Okay. Born in Brooklyn, went to Charlotte for thirteen years, and she taught me this you ready for this? Duke is puke Wake is fake? But The team we hate is NC State goal Tarios. You like that. I gave it to Lara Trump one day. She went not she loved it.
Speaker 4: That's awesome.
Speaker 8: She grew up and lived in a North Carolina Ceast.
Speaker 4: State has one too.
Speaker 35: During their fight song at the beginning of the games, they all sing something that like, I forget it because I went with my ex boyfriend all the time.
Speaker 4: I forget the song. But they also do a thing.
Speaker 35: They don't really include Wake, I don't think, but they do include Duke and you and s They hate each other.
Speaker 8: They do hate each other. It's a great rivalry there. All right, let's get to some of this talking about NFL quarterbacks. Let's get to some of these futures. This is something that you're very, very good at. You're great at it, and we're all big NFL fans here a very big Justin's a douchebag Eagles fan, but won't hold out against them. So let's get to running back. So right now, the two running backs I think that most people think of the best in the NFL are Gibbs with the Lions and Robinson with the Falcons. Maybe not even in that order. What are you looking at in terms of running back futures for this season.
Speaker 35: So for people that don't know, you can instead of just betting each game, you can bet on let's say Jimy or Gibbs Lions running back to go over one thy one hundred and ninety nine and a half rushing yards for his entire season.
Speaker 8: Two ould to take that.
Speaker 4: He's gone over it and back to back.
Speaker 8: Seasons he's had numbers so low.
Speaker 4: And here's the kicker.
Speaker 35: Last year he faced way more teams that were top ten against the run. This year, Jamiir Gibbs is facing seven bottom ten projected run defenses, zero top ten run defenses. Also, last year, until about i'd say, like week eleven, week ten eleven, Jamiir Gibbs was splitting carries and now it took until the second half of the year for Jamiir Gibbs to finally get sixty five percent of the snaps.
Speaker 4: He's no number one back for sure, and they got rid.
Speaker 35: Of David Montgomery. He is the number one back, Jamir Gibbs. So this number at eleven ninety nine just way too low, and I would be willing to say he should be your number one pick in fantasy drafts. He is definitely he should be going over this number, and he's a contender for the leading rusher in the NFL.
Speaker 8: Couldn't agree more. Give me wide receiver, Now, what do you like? Could you like?
Speaker 35: It's a little public, but Jackson Smith and Jigbove Seattle. I love that he has another year of his quarterback, Sam Donald under center.
Speaker 8: He sold on Donald. Look, he had a great year two years ago with Minnesota, but was terrible the final two games of the year, which he needed. But he did have that year last year won the Super Bowl. You're sold on Donald.
Speaker 35: I'm not sold on Donald, but I'm sold on his wide receiver, who's super talented. They have a ton of talent in that receiving corps and it's the same as last year, which I like because it does create a little bit of a decoy and maybe instead of triple coverage you have JSN in double coverage.
Speaker 4: That's fine, he could do it.
Speaker 35: So for him to go over his receiving prop I really like that one in a system that he knows.
Speaker 4: And he's also facing.
Speaker 35: Majority I think even more than last year bottom ten pass defenses, which is great for a team that won the Super Bowl. It's weird that you're not going to face as many good pass defenses, but hey, I'll take it for Jaysn.
Speaker 8: I think the first game of the year this year, they played Wednesday, not Thursday Day. It's weird Wednesday and it's a rematch of the Super Seahawks and Patriots coming up that first Wednesday.
Speaker 4: Before the Australia game on Thursday.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, and that I forget what matchup that is, but you do get the Seahawks and Patriots. So if you were a little girl, okay, would one of your heroes be Sophie Cunningham.
Speaker 4: Oh? Absolutely, yeah, right.
Speaker 35: I think it's just cool when people aren't afraid to stand their ground. I love that she isn't afraid to, Like I would have been very nervous if I was her in her position. I really just like to be a pupil pleaser, and it's taken me a long time to kind of get over that. But for her to stand up for women in a way in an environment where it's very scary to do so when you know you're gonna be the enemy, and plus she puts herself together really well. And I know that some people say, oh, it's not all about looks. It is about looks in many ways. When you carry yourself a certain way, people just tend to respect you. And I think Sophie Cunningham carries herself very well.
Speaker 8: She does. She looks great, sounds great. The whole WNBA, though, has become just completely insane. They've jumped the shark and now you've got I think White and Canton or both men, both who played in the NBA, they have they both officially now entered the WNBA draft. I mean, that's crazy, right crazy.
Speaker 4: Clay started this whole movie with the Nashville Ball.
Speaker 8: Do you want the ten million dollars to the Las Vegas Aces? Klay Travis is a genius.
Speaker 4: He started a movement.
Speaker 35: And here's the thing that annoys me the most, said, I just watched Cheryl Reeves, who's one of the head coaches in the WNBA.
Speaker 8: What does she coach?
Speaker 35: I forget Seattle, And she was saying how the people on the right are trying to just get seen and make a statement and they just want to be heard.
Speaker 4: But like it's a bad Like we need to do more research.
Speaker 35: And I just said, I think a lot of people are missing the point here. It has nothing to do with being against any of Like, I really don't care what people do with their life.
Speaker 4: Don't convince kids to do it.
Speaker 35: But I think once you're above like eighteen twenty one, do what you want with your life.
Speaker 4: I really don't care.
Speaker 35: When I was in high school, we played gym volleyball, and every year there was a big gym volleyball tournament with the boys and the girls all on the same teams. Sid When I was standing at the net, if a guy went up to spike that ball, I ran for my life.
Speaker 4: I didn't want to get hit by that. The guy spiking the ball in my face is a.
Speaker 35: Lot stronger and harder and worse than if a girl's doing it on the other side. So if I'm playing a professional sport, I again, I don't care what people do with their life. It's not about being like transphobic. It's about just making sure a biological man is not going to harm a biological woman.
Speaker 8: Do you realize the Olympics they actually had boxers, they had men.
Speaker 4: I mean even the Olympics, which is worldwide. They said, we're done with this.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I know, the Olympics is done. I know because it's crazy last one. I got the amazing Lee's Elden on the phone, who up in so Wan to eat? Yeah, you're smiling. You love them too. For young girls out there today, a lot of young girls want to go into sports, okay, and it's getting easier. When I was a kid doing no girls, yeah, like you had Philip George who was the other one, Lewis on the show with the Brent Musburger, Ny Jane Kennedy. Then they started getting people like Eron Andrews to the sideline. Now you get girl play by play people, you get analysts, and you're a big star. Ariel left scene. So what would your advice be to a young girl who's trying to get into the sports business today?
Speaker 35: Be prepared. If you are prepared, you're going to get tested. Men are gonna I love this story and I'll tell it really quickly. I went into MLB Network's makeup room and Al Lighter came in, former Mets pitcher. Well and Al comes in and he goes, I don't understand this strikeout prop thing you're doing. You bet these strikeout props. How do you know what a picture's going to do today? I said, well, I have this whole spreadsheet and all these numbers. So I go through it with him and I'm explaining to him how I do it. He's testing me on every picture, every one of them, asking me for details about them.
Speaker 4: I nailed everything.
Speaker 8: One of them, right, because because al Lighter doesn't know the answers. But it's okay because he's a guy. But if you messed up one, just one, Oh, here's this blonde ding badge, you shouldn't be in sports. So even though you're getting more opportunities, it's still a very choastic, male dominated.
Speaker 35: And I don't like to play that card. I don't like to play the we don't need to. I like to play the I'm gonna prove myself to your card. I'm not gonna sit there and go into my hole or go expose you on the internet and say you're a misogynist. I'm gonna I'm gonna take the route where I would rather prove you wrong, and then you're gonna sit back and say, oh, okay, you do know your stuff.
Speaker 8: Awesome, good for you. Joe Burrows in the NFL MVP this year, right, that's you go.
Speaker 4: Go Goodness.
Speaker 35: You can't trust him behind that offensive mindset. It is the twenty eighth ranks offensive line in the NFL, which is why he can't stay healthy.
Speaker 8: He missed nine games last year. But he's so good and you're so good. It's great to see you. And I love Clay Travis. He knows that. So the two of you together. What is the name of your show again?
Speaker 35: And your and your game mate jilt so O n T I l T on tilt show. You can follow it on x You can follow it on YouTube and sport and State, which is what Clay just started at sportinstate dot com.
Speaker 4: Make sure to check it out.
Speaker 8: Congratulations c u Ario, Thanks great to see you. Ariel Epstein right then, will take a very very short break. When we get back. He does run the e p A former amazing politician from New York, mister Steppe County, our dear friend Lee Zeldon. He's coming up next. You bet I want those Steve An minded axes past pictures.
Speaker 36: Nose you work on me. We're not burning arms, hand o the bitch os that needs but the warm bed. I don't really mind how much you love me. It is all right.
Speaker 8: When you say, belore, spend the night.
Speaker 10: Tonight the Lincoln Tunnel and seventy seven w ABC.
Speaker 2: Both are Real New York ABC.
Speaker 11: WABC traffic in Transit run the Apple Bank traffic desk. As you travel inbound now on the Lye, as you get into the area of Queens Boulevard, there is an accident there. The center lane is going to be out of service, and again that will be on the westbound side. We're also going to be looking at DeLay's outbound on the go on to spe Que to eighty six street with an accident the right lane out staten island bound Verizona or the upper level of stall in the center lane. And then on the BQE southbound the upper end of it at Northern Boulevard, there is a crash there Central New Jersey.
Speaker 15: Two separate problems.
Speaker 11: Now eastbound on one ninety five at exit sixteen an accident with an accident investigation. They've got the eastbound left lane closed there. And then also as you head out onto one ninety five eastbound an exit thirty one that and Howe Township and accident with injuries. That being clear trans authority delays on the one, the two, the A, the E, the D, the FDN R, the Rockaway shuttle and mass transit. Everybody else though, pretty much now on or close to schedule. With an Apple Bank, pick your own turn CD, you get a guaranteed ready to return that fits your six to twelve month timeline. Stop buy an Apple Bank branch to open member fdi C twenty five thousand dollars. Minimum deposit required to open new money only Early withdrawal penalty may apply. I'm Joe Nolan with traffic on talk radio seventy seven wa BC.
Speaker 1: Is SID and Friends in the mornings seventy seven w ABC.
Speaker 8: Shun Sunday, So the Fjords. Great song on this Sunday Friday morning. I love this. It happens to be the EPA administrator. But what an amazing New York politician he was, mister Suffolk County and great run at the governor's race, doing a tremendous job for President Trump and America. My friend Lee Zelden, Lee, good morning, buddy, how are you.
Speaker 29: I'm doing fantastic, good to be with you.
Speaker 8: Great to have you, always, great to have you, Lee, And I tell you watching Hokell. I'll get to Hochell and Blakeman later in this conversation. I've been doing a lot of traveling, and I talked to brus every day, two or three times a day. But it's funny. It's funny that she puts this moratorium on data centers, so folks get ready to have slow internet and difficulty connecting on your phone lines and all those things. She puts a moratorium on data center construction, but yet she has no issue charging New Yorkers nine dollars for congestion pricing when the pollution here has not gotten any better. Please make sense of that.
Speaker 37: For me, well, making sense of it is the impossible part. And that's why so many people just given up and they sleep. They don't look back. I mean, it's it's bad. I mean, I remember there was a period of time where a lot of people you would maybe they would head down to Florida for a few months. It's a seasonal thing. But I mean the way things have gone over the course of these last several years, people they looked to the Carolinas, Tennessee, Texas, Florida. They all look better and they're not looking back. So I mean, this congestion pricing, it's just another excuse for left wing Albany Democrats to put their hands in the pocket of New Yorkers who are already strapped. You know, some folks would say, well, it's only nine dollars, Well, for one, it's another nine dollars, and it's hitting the people the hardest who can least afford it. And for people who have to commute frequently. This isn't like a you know, nine dollars a year, nine dollars a month, for even nine dollars.
Speaker 29: A week, they're having to pay it. And the whole excuse for it was to make it seem like as if there were these massive environmental impacts that were going to be positive. I mean, I said back then, I mean you'd end up with more truck traffic on the Crossbox Expressway, on the Staten Island Expressway. But as his new report came out of the city that we saw on the news here in recent days, it's not having the environmental impacts that they promised when they were passing their new excuse to put their hands in the pocket or cast out in New Yorkers and bs. But no one can make sense of it. It's nonsensical, it is.
Speaker 8: And you know it's funny now when she talks about how great it is she talks about reduced traffic, she talks about public transit improvements, he talks about less traffic, noise, all that stuff. But like you pointed out, there was also a promise that the air quality would be better and the pollution would be less and that's not the case, so all of a sudden, But Kathy Okele, it's almost like that was never part of the equationally.
Speaker 29: Yeah, I mean it's like, well, I wouldn't put it this way. No one else does it anywhere else in America. So is it that, you know, Kathy Oakele's that much of a genius that she figured something out that no one else was able to figure out. Or maybe it's a really stupid idea that even the most left wing governments all across the entire country, like they all haven't implemented it because it's so stupid. But you know, maybe there's no care for those economic impacts. You know, maybe it's a punishment for the people who didn't vote for her on Long Island. The people didn't vote for her north of the city, in the Hudson Valley.
Speaker 9: You have to community.
Speaker 29: Maybe she doesn't care about you know, folks from Jersey or you know, for for out of state's She wants to money and they want the money. I mean, you look at how much New York spends on their budget, and we have millions of less people than they do in Florida. We spend more on medicaid alone, just Medicaid then Florida spends on their entire state budget. I mean, you look at education and you have elementary school kids in places like Mississippi who are scoring better on English language, arts and mass then you're seeing of elementary school kids in New York. But we spend what like two three times more per pupil than they do in Mississippi or Florida. But like it's all apartments, and when you look at the metrics and how they're doing in school, you're getting better outcomes in places that spends so much less. Why Why is it that it costs so much to live here, it costs so much to run the state's budget, and you're just not getting the outcomes the results you're looking for. And it's it's freaking competence. And if people are like, you know, what, enough is enough?
Speaker 26: Now?
Speaker 8: You want to.
Speaker 29: Elect Mandoni to be the New York City mayor?
Speaker 26: Man?
Speaker 29: Just what you thought, and you couldn't get any worse, got worse.
Speaker 8: And it's not just incompetence, it's corruption too. I mean, I'm not going to you know, throw out stuff there that hasn't been proven, but certainly there's a lot of rumors about Kathy or husband and the money that he has people have made from COVID to you know, to stadium money's to it's corruption, it's incompetence. It's a whole variety of issues. Why in New York Because New York, as you just kind of pointed out, we don't have a money problem. We've got a spending problem. That's the issue, right. And you mentioned medicaid. I had doctor o Ozon at six point thirty this morning. Okay, he is exposing medicaid and medicare fraud all over the state. Queens. For example, they got Chinese pharmacies raking in millions and millions of dollars and no one's getting any medication. I mean, what's going on in this state. You've done the same thing the other guy that really busted Stacy Abrams way back when, Anthony Desposito, the Long Island buddy. He's done a great job with the Labor Department exposing fraud too. So not just congestion pricing, which basically is fraud. The fraud that you guys are uncovering all over the Trump administration is amazing.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 29: I mean, we came into this position a year and a half ago and made this one of our top priorities. We've saved over thirty billion dollars of canceled grants, canceled media subscriptions, real estate consolidation, staff efficiencies. We closed up by the EPA museum that almost no one even knew about her or even you know, no one visited, and all told, in our first year at an agency with an annual operating budget of ten billion dollars a year, we found thirty billion dollars to be able to save. And the reason why was because in twenty twenty four. The reason why we were able to save that much money is because just before we got there, in twenty four, the album gated and spend over sixty billion dollars from EPA. It was more money than they even knew how to spend, and it was going to well connected friends. You referenced the Stacy Abrams connected NGL received two billion dollars there are eight pass through entities that received twenty billion dollars in what was called Inflation Reduction Act. It should have been called the Inflation Expansion Act when Democrats controlled everything, and it goes to former Obama and Biden officials, former Democratic donors. They're all passed through entities, they're all getting paid, they're vig to run their piece of the pie, and the American taxpayers are getting screwed. So we come in zero tolerance policy for anywayte and abuse. We made it a top priority out of the gate, and I'm proud of it. And man, you know, like zero tolerance means like if someone wants to come to me and say, hey, I have an idea on how to save one thousand dollars, you have my attention, because it always pissed me off in government when you'd have people who may they did run a federal agency and you know, you say, well, I have an idea to save a thousand or one hundred thousand, or a million or fifty million. It's like, well that's not enough, Like you don't have my attention.
Speaker 9: I need.
Speaker 29: I only want to save big numbers. Man, I'll save I'll save it ten dollars if you came to me with an idea of how we could save money, and that's what we owed the American taxpayer. And that's the way that the Trump administration has approached this.
Speaker 8: Done a great job all you guys, starting with you, Lee, I got to be honest EPA administrator, Lee Zelden. So you know the state does all these money issues. And you know, Lee, as well as anybody, you did a good job of pointing this out when you ran for governor, that we have all this gold right under our feet all over the state, right gold, and yet this idiotic governor buys energy, buys energy from Pennsylvania because Pennsylvania is taking advantage of what they've got and we've got the same exact thing. Come Onley, what's that all about?
Speaker 29: Yeah, listen, I mean this is one of the reasons is why the word retard's coming back. I mean, we have so much resource under us in this state. And you have people who live in New York who like are in communities that are a low income and that they're looking across the border into Pennsylvania where in Pennsylvania they're tapping into these these supplies, these resources, and they're doing great. And by the way, this isn't just like a Republican or Democrats thing in Pennsylvania's it's both parties came together a while ago and said, you know, we need natural gas. We need it in order to be able to survive, to thrive. We need reliable baseball power, we need affordable, affordable energy. We have these resources. It's important for our economy, it's important for jobs. So they're tapping into it. But in this state, the energy policy is so stupid, so stupid, they won't she won't sign off on the Constitution pipeline to deliver natural guests through New York and into New England. You know, they won't reverse the band to extract natural gas. They won't allow gas took ups on new construction. They say climate goals that they know that they will not be able to meet, but they will cause tremendous pain on people can at least afford it even trying to make any progress towards these unrealistic goals. I mean, you look at the energy policy where you know they're pushing WIN captain local pushes WIN which is an intermittent source, as if it's a substitute for base load power, and then they want to throw battery energy storage systems and basically every community all over the place, even though you're getting all those feedback from people who just don't want it in the middle of their residential neighborhood, and all you're getting is the middle finger from the state upstate saying we don't want solar farms. Meanwhile the state is saying, well, you know, we have hcal control in the state, not local control, and we're saying you're getting more solar farms. And the energy policy in New York, I've been at all fifty states, so in all fifty states in my first nine months as EPA administrator, I've seen the good, the bad, the ugly of how to do energy policy. And man, there's so many red states that have so much lower energy costs, so much more supply they don't deal with and they don't have to deal with any brownouts or blackouts on the horizon, and it's all about good governance. But in New York, man, this is this is not a way for you know, for New Yorkers who don't realize what's going on everywhere else in the country that you might say, well, maybe this is the norm this is.
Speaker 9: Not the norm.
Speaker 8: No, well the worst.
Speaker 29: This is the exceptions the norm.
Speaker 8: Now we're the worst. I mean, let's face it, and will you tell me Lee, because some of this stuff is a bit complicated. I understand there are some dangers with data centers, I get it. But overall, if you know them going in and you prepare the center, so it's gonna be okay, you can't argue how valuable they are. Why would she want to stop those from coming up here in New York.
Speaker 29: Most of the Americans want the United States to win this AI race against China. And many Americans have valid questions they want to ask about data center projects. They're asking important questions and they should. They want to make sure that when a data center is built that their bills are going down, not up. And President Trump has this ratepayer protection Pledge, which has true made tremendous progress, and now you're having data center projects being built where it's providing net benefits the ratepayers as opposed to the opposite. The second piece is that a lot of Americans want to make sure that a project is going to be a net provider onto the grid, not a net taker from the grid. There's behind the meter work. They're building their own small modular reactors, they're generating their own energy, and they're providing power onto the grid more than they're taking. That's a good question for Americans to ask. And Americans also want to know about water. I mean, is a data center going to have a closed loot data center? Is it going to be one hundred percent recyclable water or is it going to be continuously tapping into a water supply. It's good to ask these questions, but you to do a moratorium, You're going to have billion, multi billions of dollars and tens of billions of dollars in these projects just going to other states. It's not like, you know, you put you slap a one year moratorium and in these data centers and go like, oh yeah, no, that's that's cool. We're just going to center our hands and do absolutely nothing and not go to this other state that actually wants us. So you're losing out the jobs, the economic benefits, and and the craziest thing or that you know, you have people who are on their their phone go on a social media platform saying we should not have any data centers, like not realizing the irony here of just how much data centers are required for you to be able to power your phone and to power that social media platform. I mean, we have it in our lives, and we can't lose this race to China. It'll be so much harder to catch up later if we fell behind. And thank god that there's only there. I mean, there's one too many Kathy Hockels as governors of states New York. But fortunately there's only one out of fifty.
Speaker 8: That's it. That's true, tumaill let you run here, going back to the congestion pricing thing, correct me if I'm wrong. Okay, but this report on the pollution that hasn't gotten any better despite what Kathy Hockel said. Originally, this comes from here from New York. Right, This wasn't put out there by President Trump or Leezeldon. This is New York basically riding on New York.
Speaker 29: Yes, that's exactly what it is. I mean, this is a New York governmental study that's coming out talking about how it doesn't have the environmental benefits that were promised. Shockingly, Wow, we're all blown away. I was saying this four years ago, that it wasn't gonna happen, right, and then you're gonna have small cars, you know, small vehicle traffic going through you know, small side streets of Queen's in Brooklyn, trying to get routes where they don't have to pay. This is what I was saying four years ago before one in the place, that they would be going for other routes so they don't have to pay the fee, that you would have all that extra trucks, all those extra trucks going through Staten Island, and the Bronx like, this isn't this isn't one of those like hindsights twenty twenty. You're like, oh, man, we shouldn't. We should have saw it coming. No, of course we saw it coming. We talked about it then, and we're like, this is a really bad idea. You shouldn't go forward with it. And you know, damn the torpedoes, they say they'll they'll go slap their fee and put their hands in the pockets of hard work in New Yorkers anyway, And the Yorkers are I mean, they're pissed, yeah, and that's why so many have left. And it's said, it's just it, you know, said to somebody who loves the state. Who was raised in a state, their families here, their life is here, and because of these policies out of Alney like for that reason, they hit their breaking point.
Speaker 9: They I hate that.
Speaker 8: I hate that too, got it. I can't stand talking to Sean Hannity, and I talked to him about four times a week. I got to hear every day, when are you coming to Florida? When are you coming to Florida? Showing be quiet? Okay, you love Long Island, Long Island major star, But yeah, everybody's leaving and loving life Nashville, Tennessee. Every daily I see somebody he's moving to Nashville, Tennessee. So last one, Bruce Blakeman. I know you love Bruce soda wide both Long Island guys. Okay, so he has actually in a better position than you because when you ran against Kathy, she was relatively new right, So yeah, she was doing a lot of the same things that Cuomo did, and she was making some mistakes. But Blakeman, Blakeman now has a chance and went against this lady when now, unlike your race, Lee Zeldon, she's got years of mistakes that he can jump on. How lucky is.
Speaker 9: He right, yeah.
Speaker 29: I mean there are people in politics where you know, they just aren't known, and if they're known, then people will like them, but they have to get their name out. And then there are people in politics where as more and more people become familiar with you, the more people realize that you need to go, like you're not good, you need to leave. And that's the reality that you have right now in the in the state. I mean, like every single New Yorker, you could ask them, like, what's what's your breaking point in the state? Low income, middle income, high income. You can be from the city, a suburb, rural New York. You ask everyone, like, what's your breaking point in New York? They've thought about it. It's crazy, like you'll get a detailed answer.
Speaker 8: Like why why why do.
Speaker 29: You think about this?
Speaker 22: What?
Speaker 29: Why is that your breaking point? And there and it all gets back to the same thing. It's just the policies of the state. They feel restricted. Freedom. Economic freedom is freedom you know, with with regards to their physical safety. Freedom, you know, going back and thinking of you know, pictures of you know, Kathy Hokle wearing you know, not wearing masks, you know, staying with four year olds that'd have to wear masks during COVID right because of because of these pursuits, you know, people have just they've realized what is causing this decline.
Speaker 9: Of the state.
Speaker 29: And the more people get that, which has happened now over the course of these last few years, the more people are like, you know, it's not like, oh, I know you know, I know her now, like hey, this is great and comfortable, whether you know she's my governor, have a lot of pride. It's it's like, man, we need to do a heck of a lot better than this. And a lot of folks left New York before I ran because they had enough. A lot of people left New York right after I ran. They're like, man, this, you know, this is just going to continue to get worse.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 29: Fortunately there's still you know, a bunch of people who are still here and you can make a difference.
Speaker 9: But doesn't happen.
Speaker 29: On its own. I mean, folks need to you need to show up and make it happen. And you can't just expect everyone else to.
Speaker 9: Do it for you.
Speaker 8: It's exhausting. Just trust me, Lee, Okay, It's much easier to go to the beach in Hollendale today. It's exhausting, but man, I love talking to you, I really do. You. You're so fantastic epa administrator. You're a great politician here. You're always going to be a great, great, great, great New Yorker. And I just love talking to you. Man. I'm so proud of you. What a great job. Thank you so much.
Speaker 29: Thanks San, It's always good to be man.
Speaker 8: You two families. Good by the way, your wife and daughters. Everybody's good.
Speaker 29: Girls are girls are heading back to their third year of school. Wow, and you know, still having scored to Peter Luger's.
Speaker 8: Invite, so you know, keep it all in.
Speaker 15: All in perspective, yep.
Speaker 29: Although I'll never I'll never let you live down the very first time I did an interview with the great Sid Rosenberg, and it was Bernie and Sid yep, And right before I came on air, you were saying, you know a couple of unkind things about Shirley and Mastic.
Speaker 9: Where it?
Speaker 29: Where is my hometown? And then I come on air and then you ask me where I'm from, and I tell.
Speaker 9: You I'm sure.
Speaker 29: And for all those listeners out there who were like, why does why did Sid Rosenberg always call Zelden the Pride of Shirley, Long Island. You have to you have to be such a hardcore long time since Rosenberg listener that you know of the very first time I came on the backstory, which was just freaking hilarious.
Speaker 8: That is because my uncle Leon and then Cynthia lived in Shirley. We lived in Brooklyn. First of all, it took like five hours to get there, okay, And second of all, it looked a little rough. And let's be honest, your girls were doing homework one night there were gunshots outside. I mean to remind you of that, okay, but I know it's a true story. But yes, I used to make fun of Shirley and call you the pride of Shirley. But it does seem like, you know, Bruce does a great job in Nashau County, that ed ro Main and those folks are doing a very good job in Suffolk County too, Yes.
Speaker 13: No doubt.
Speaker 29: I mean Long Island is I mean, that is where I'm born, born and raised, and you know, they have their challenges just like everywhere else in the country. But I mean, there's a reason why when President Trump was in Nassau County, you were hearing statements about how people will not rest working inside this Trump administration until every county is as safe as Nasau County and and you know, the same thing goes, you know with regards to Long Island as a whole. You have competent leadership in both counties. And uh yeah, so everything that we're saying about Kathy Holkal or man Donnie out of the city should be no negative reflection on great leadership that we have in Suffie County that had Romain in that team, and Bruce Blakeman and his team in Nassau, no doubt, just.
Speaker 8: A week could go today. The President was there in Nasau County. I was standing right there by the State You were right there. I was, Yeah, that was awesome.
Speaker 29: Lis and Kelsey, Grammar and everyone else is like, man, that did Rosenberg.
Speaker 8: That's true. You know. The first the first hand that Grammar shook was mine. Just see an o Lee first one and he hasn't watched it since. He actually elbowed Todd Blanche to the side and said, let me get this in for us. Okay, Todd, take it easy. Oh that was a great day, Lee' something I couldn't love you more than I do. I really love your pal. Thank you so much. Thanks God, bless you please. I do love that guy, leez Eldon. And he's so smart. He's probably the second smartest guy I know, next to Justin. Now, look, I gotta go with that.
Speaker 7: It's close.
Speaker 8: It's very close, right you think it's close, Justin?
Speaker 9: Sure?
Speaker 7: Well there's your evidence right now.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, but we get fired. We'll talk to Justin about the dangers of data centers. What to me to you one into the cure?
Speaker 7: Well, he's working on the cold fusion right.
Speaker 18: My god, so.
Speaker 8: She said, whoever.
Speaker 16: Lost the.
Speaker 10: Strange?
Speaker 1: So second.
Speaker 2: New York crowd, New York loud with New York.
Speaker 10: Attitude all year on talk radio seventy seven W A b C, w A b C New York, w R C R Haberstraw one O seven one W L I R Hampton Bays.
Speaker 1: This is Sid and Friends in the morning.
Speaker 8: Don't you say he's lost a friends?
Speaker 2: You move best friend? Seventy seven w ABC.
Speaker 20: I to say, it's pretty plain.
Speaker 8: I'm watching the book's.
Speaker 25: Got it's just sponsorty for two. It's made my point of view.
Speaker 8: It's not say.
Speaker 20: It's not sick.
Speaker 2: I just want to.
Speaker 8: I want to show today man, starting early six thirty am. We got the call from my friend Taylor, do you want doctor Oh yeah, we want doctor Oz And he was great The met Oz at six point thirty. Brian kill Me, Joey and Ariola, Kate mcfallan, Ariel Epstein and Leezeldon all stop by today. But that's every day on Sitting Friends in the morning. We do it every day, great show every day. One of these days, if we're lucky, we'll catch Curtis and Larry. It's gonna be tough, you know. They're six points behind us, of course, but somehow they're number one.
Speaker 7: How are we going to do that?
Speaker 8: I don't know, but they're number one. They're the only show in the history of radio that is getting so savagely beaten that they shaved an hour from their morning show and How to Pay Marks and all more money to go on at nine and I'm kicking his ass toill. That is winning. They're actually winning. They have a promo up they declared thank you in New York for making us number one. They got a one point four. I got a seven point four. Are they number one? Exactly? Curtis Leever should never leave his house. Between his election results and his radio ratings. He's a guy I loved for twenty plus years. He's a complete failure, complete And they have the balls, these scumbags, to put up a promo that says we're number one, thank you. In New York. They got a one point four the last two weeks. Those numbers are worse than Lennon Michael got and I put Lennon Michael out of business. Worse. I've never seen numbers like that. Never. Maybe when I did The Sports Guys with Scott Kaplan back in two thousand. Maybe maybe then, well, you know, don't forget back then Howard was still on interrestrial radio. You had Scott and Todd yet I miss and all that stuff, and we were two kids from Florida, but we got killed. Maybe then we got a one point four. But for a couple of veterans and a Hall of Famer, they get a one point four and that to claim victory. I mean, that's a real scumbag move. They got there, They got their salesman coming here. Yeah, there are other salespeople listen to me. I mean, it's it's a joke, an absolute joke. But all funny games in the radio business these days, right Lewis, Yeah.
Speaker 7: Why not just declare your number one? Yeah, just saying numbers.
Speaker 8: So these idiots, the eight people listening to them, go, oh, I knew it, man, I knew you'd beat Sid. I knew you because that's what Curtis said. Of course when he got there, that Sid's wayne is over. And well, you know he never did come even close. Even early on when he started, you would think he's gonna get this unbelievable momentum. I beat him by three points, then three four, now with six five and a half. We'll find out today what the next week is. But yeah, oh we knew what we knew. What Curtis, you're the best, You're the best? Or Sid does is talk about himself, himself and Israel. That's it. That's all he does. Sid Rosenberg talks about himself and Israel. That's it. So I had six guests on today, none of which talked about is six six. Oh Katam mentioned Isiel. I'm sorry and talking about myself. Well, I am going to the Yankee game tomorrow. I did mention that Curtis says that till he lies. Yeah, people said to me Are you nervous? Curtis is back in the mornings. You gotta stop it. Nothing makes me nervous. If I Miss were still alive and he was on in the mornings, it wouldn't make me nervous. No one makes me nervous. You're not gonna beat us. This show is the best. It's not even close. The guests, the banter lose, funny as hell, the music. What are you talking about? Two old, decrepit guys using the same stupid language they've been using for twenty five years on airy Larry Mullah smooler. This is what people want. I had a young girl in studio today, twenty four years old, huge star in the sports business. Could you ever imagine that girl is sitting down with Curtis and Larry even people at this station. I mean, no one does what we do. Nobody, nobody, but I not nerve. I'm nervous. I said I'd kill him, and I kill him. Thank you New York number one, baby, look at us one point four. Actually I showed you the promo, actually said thank you New York. We could not have done this without you effect. I mean, we didn't do what his name of that PD he's a nice guy. Got me med tickets?
Speaker 9: Is it?
Speaker 8: Tom Cuddy? Tom Cuddy? Shit? Should he should not do that? That's he should really make sure that that comes down today. He really should. That's embarrassing. He's a good guy, Tom, He's been a program director for a long time. He's a respected guy. You're gonna put up a promo when your show's losing by it's not a point, not two points by six points? Thanking New Yorkers for making you number one? Really, I mean if I called Hannity about this, he would he would laugh. He wouldn't believe it. Well, Bob Pittman or what is her name? This is the young lady that's in charge of Clear Channel here in New York. They wouldn't believe it. They wouldn't believe it. You don't do that. You don't lie, just flat out. Especially again, if he was a point back, two points back, you're five or six points back. You don't do that. Come on, man, Craig Lennon, you happy about that?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 8: Whoa? He listens to us anyway, It doesn't matter. All right, we got one more segment to go. That's so much fun. I love those segments. They go why do you talk about him? That's exactly what he wants. So what, I'm exposing him as a liar if that's what he wants. Good, if that's gonna make him happy. Sid pointed out that I'm lying again, and good for him. That's fine. I don't hate the guy anyway. I told you that a million times. I don't hate him. He's just a sick guy. He's got issues. He thinks he's the mayor. He walks out on the track that says New York's mayor. He literally wears a jacket that says the people's mayor, new York's mayor. No one lost in their two elections as badly as this guy has. He walks around the jacket that says he's mayor, and now he's promoting his radio show, which really should be taken off the air as number one. How can I hate that guy? I mean, this is like Lindsey Clancy. I mean, basically, put him in a white room with white walls and call it a day. He's the mayor and he hosts the number one radio show.
Speaker 7: He's got a vest that says that number one, Thank you new York and New York's mayor.
Speaker 8: You can't make it up. God bless him. Though he's not a bad guy, he's just stops. Maybe he is a bad We'll be right by it.
Speaker 2: Left you talk.
Speaker 10: We listen seventy seven WABC WABC traffic intransit.
Speaker 11: Well, as you're heading out onto the Long Island Expressway inbound of Queen's Bulletboaro, we've got a problem for the Applebank traffic desk. And again as you travel on the southbound side or inbound side of the l you've got those delays. We're also going to be looking at a lot of slow traffic now as you begin to travel out onto the southbound BQE coming down to the Grand Central.
Speaker 15: There is a stall there.
Speaker 11: We still have police department activity up on the outer Bridge crossing. Apparently all lanes are blocked now in both directions, so right up at midspan police activity. So the outer Bridge close both ways. If you're on one ninety five East found in New Jersey at exit sixteen, an accident investigation in the left lane. They're still working on that. And we still have trouble on the six trains uptowns around the express track from fourteenth Street to Grand Central end delays on the four and the five equipment problems at thirty third Street. With an Apple Bank pick your own term CD, you get a guaranteed ready to return the fittuer six to twelve month timeline. Stop by an Apple Bank branched open member FDI see twenty five thousand dollars minimum deposit required to open new money only. Early withdrawal penalty may apply. I'm Joe Nolan with Traffic on Talk Radio seventy seven WABC.
Speaker 2: Coming Friday, September eleventh.
Speaker 10: WABC's Gala in Midtown Manhattan, The Greatest Show honors.
Speaker 13: At About to be out an.
Speaker 2: Cab honoring the memory of those we lost.
Speaker 1: On nine eleven, celebrated two hundred and fifty years of America.
Speaker 7: A Star Finals spectacular.
Speaker 1: Recognizing the heroes and organizations who serve the BATTACKI Foundation, the Tunnel to Towers Foundation, the Police Athletic League, building homes for veterans.
Speaker 2: And seventy seven WABC Meet seventy seven WABC person.
Speaker 1: Distinguished guests and community leaders.
Speaker 25: The WABC Foundation will Keep making a Difference.
Speaker 1: Friday, September eleventh, twenty twenty six, an Evening of Remembrance Patriotism and Entertainment.
Speaker 2: Honoring Governor George.
Speaker 1: Bataki with the Leadership Crisis Award and Cardinal Timothy Dolman for the Guardian of New York Award for Security reasons.
Speaker 2: Nine to eleven superstars to be announced.
Speaker 1: Secure your seats go to WABC radio dot com.
Speaker 2: Honoring the memory of those we lost on nine eleventh.
Speaker 1: Celebrate two hundred and fifty years of America. Go to WABC radio dot com, sit in Friends in the Morning and barrishon McGarry Remember nine to eleven. Here's Rudy Giuliani on nine eleven, twenty three on how the Mets and Yankees owners and players helped New York City recover after nine to eleven.
Speaker 8: Here he is America's mayor, the man that on that day became the greatest politician in the history of the country. And I mean that. I love you, my dear friend Giuliani. I mean that, Rudy, it did. It was just something I just like, No, I just like.
Speaker 9: What you said before.
Speaker 26: You're supposed to come on like Caravell the clowns, you know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, certain days call for a different tone. And I admittedly I have a bit of a somber tone today. But I tell you what, I really enjoyed having you speak to Mike Theiaza.
Speaker 13: I hope you enjoyed that.
Speaker 26: I enjoyed it too. An opportunity to thank thank him. I should also thank the Mets. I mean, you know, they put it over ten million dollars, and so did George Steinberg a ten million each. And they both gave me tremendous help with something people don't remember now, the Twin Towers Fund. We raised two hundred and thirty million dollars, wow, and gave every single penny to the widows and and family of the firefighters and police officers. The administrative money we raised separately, and George and Fred paid for most of that. The Mets gave me my offices. The Yankees gave us a tremendous amount of our equipment and helped us with our fundraising, I would say. And they worked together to get baseball to do things for you.
Speaker 8: And you know it's funny. You may remember there was this huge battle. It was really more Bobby be love Bobby but he's crazy, more Bobby V than Tory. But Bobby b was like, hey, we were the better ones. It was us. It was the match, not the Yankees, and I think at one point Tory finally got pissed off. But there was a bit of a pissing match between those two guys.
Speaker 26: That one number there was they did they I would say, honestly, you know, I'm a Yankee fan. They did different things, somewhat but very very close. I'll give you an example. Paul O'Neill was injured during that period that wasn't traveling with the team. He volunteered at our Family Center for three days, twelve hours each day. Never told anybody, Wow, Mike was at the at the center three times. Uh, I couldn't. I couldn't. Honestly, the Yankee fan meant, I couldn't tell the difference.
Speaker 8: So it's something you know all week next week. I will miss two days a week after in Vegas, but I'll be your all week next week starting Monday morning. So until then, from all of us, if we see you tomorrow Yankee Stadium, great, If not, have a great weekend, peace making your name. This is what you can see from.
Speaker 2: Your worst day.
Speaker 21: I'm taken.
Speaker 25: I'm even lending your back to the first day I've taken.
Speaker 20: And just deserve.
Speaker 10: Sating you up to date with the news and information you need you can trust Talk Radio seventy seven WABC, WABC traffic and transit well again.
Speaker 11: Heading out onto the area roadways from the Applebank traffic desks, we still have the lays coming inbound on the Lie into Queens Boulevard. There was an earlier accident there in the center lane that has now been pared up and out of the way. We continue to have a problem westbound on Route four getting out to Route sixty one in Paramus.
Speaker 15: The right lane going to be out.
Speaker 11: That will continue in the northbound on the turnpike getting up to in or Change thirteen. An accident that went off on the shoulder, so that southbound and that would be on the outer roadway. Now we still have all lanes closed ways at the outer birds crossing that because of police activity. Northbound on the six trains we still have them running express from fourteenth up to Grand Central and alternate.
Speaker 15: Side is an effect.
Speaker 11: Traffic a sponsored by Apple Bank now at the highest annual percentage yield this year on any six to twelve month cd Visit your local Apple Bank to open today. Member FDIIC twenty five thousand dollars minimum deposit required to open new money only. Early withdrawal penalty may apply. I'm Joe Nolan with Traffick on Talk Radio seventy seven WABC.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to Sit in Friends in the Morning. You can hear Sit and Friends in the Morning weekday mornings at six.
Speaker 2: If you like the podcast, share it with your friends and.
Speaker 1: Listen anytime at WABC radio dot com and download the WABC Radio app. Hit that subscribe button on all major podcast platforms. Plus, follow WABC on social on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and X see you next time for a new episode, so you never have to wonder.
Speaker 8: What the heck is going on here?
Speaker 17: M hm.