Speaker 1: In there, folks. Before we dive in, just a friendly reminder that Beer Belly Sports is a podcast, not a mensa meeting. They're not CNN, ESPN, not your mom's book club, and they're definitely not to be trusted with an intelligent thought. They're here for laughs, beer, and a good time, not pulid surprises or perfect stats. The opinions, hot takes, and wild predictions you're about to hear are strictly their own and possibly influenced by whatever was on tap earlier in the day. If you should take anything that they say too seriously, that's on you, Bubba. So crack a cold one, sit on back, and remember it's all good fun, just a bunch of Minnesotans talking' sports, sippin' beer, sometimes making sense, and demonstrating the thoughts that kept them out of the really good schools. Everybody, please just take a breath and we'll begin.
Speaker 2: Why was there, like, Okay, you were just looking up some lyrics, Travis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Jack and Diane, Jack and Diane, because it just came up and uh song's very dirty.
Speaker 2: Explain a little bit.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a song about Jack and Diane, two American kids growing up in the Heartland. Jackie's going to be a football star. Diane's debute backseat of Jackie's car, which, Scott, what's that word mean that we didn't know?
Speaker 4: She is a young woman between sixteen and twenty one aka college aged yep, being introduced to adulthood.
Speaker 3: And adulthood would be football star jack really And then they go sucking on a chili dog outside the tasty freeze. Wonder what he means by that. Diane's sitting on Jackie's lap, He's got his hand between her knees. Now, this is where it's fucked up a little bit. Jackie says, Hey, Diane, let's run off behind a shady tree, dribble off those Bobby Brooks. Let me do what I please. John Mellencamp thinks he's slick getting that by means of a bit.
Speaker 4: And everybody goes, oh, that's a great song.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's a classic song. But a little hidden meaning there with Jackie kind of forcing himself.
Speaker 4: Let me coersion, coercion, what's that mean?
Speaker 3: You don't know?
Speaker 2: No, I didn't go to college.
Speaker 4: I did, but you don't know what being coursed is. Cours coursed talked into Jackie big football star, well gonna be.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: He's kind of like Tim Tebow once he left college football. And my gosh, Diane's just starstruck. She's sucking on Jackie's chili dogs. He's got his hand between her knees. They're running off behind a tree. You can't do that nowadays. You'll get public nudity.
Speaker 4: Lady Roller.
Speaker 2: Wronger, hold on that can No, that's sixteen as long as you can.
Speaker 3: I do love when songworks are.
Speaker 2: Hidden meeting.
Speaker 3: You know they sound like a feel good song. You just played the air guitar that gives me.
Speaker 4: Nothing, Uncle Cracker, follow me. That's about coming off a high.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like stuff like that.
Speaker 4: I love isn't ring a fire about gon rhea, Jesus, I feel.
Speaker 3: Let me get on a phone to Heaven and ask mister cash.
Speaker 2: Uh really wow?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but uncle Cracker, that's I think it was. Heroin is what he's talking about with that.
Speaker 3: Jesus like kicks easy one Kickstart my Heart by Motley Crew about uh Nikky six getting what is it? Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, after a coke overdose?
Speaker 3: Heroin?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's how I thought of that.
Speaker 3: As you brought up Heroin.
Speaker 4: Did you watch the movie The Dirt.
Speaker 3: It's one of my favorite movies.
Speaker 4: Amazing.
Speaker 3: I listened to the audio book this summer. Actually it's a long audio book, but it goes way more into detail.
Speaker 4: That's a yeah. It's a great movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Matt any input.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to get twelve of our socials right now. I'm kind of post away.
Speaker 5: So you guys keep talks amount yourselves over there Delaware, Delaware?
Speaker 4: That is your go to during your distracted Do.
Speaker 2: You know what it's for them from?
Speaker 4: No, I have no idea Wayne's world.
Speaker 2: You get, oh, you get? You should fucking know better that before me time. Brother, I know I'm not talking about you can talk about him. He's the same age as I am.
Speaker 4: He's asking for the paddle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my goodness. Now we got weapons. Just what this show needed.
Speaker 4: I told him. He wants to drill some holes in it, though, so it's less winds.
Speaker 3: I mean, no, did either of you two survive a paddle in school?
Speaker 2: They were.
Speaker 4: Only thirty nine? Sorry, well, well it would be more likely out in South Dakota because they're about thirty years behind.
Speaker 2: Him or not.
Speaker 3: It's actually fair.
Speaker 4: I know my dad said he did a few times.
Speaker 2: Or yeah, I have a Book of Matthew Book of Matthew story. I need to get Brooksy to make me a liner for uh for.
Speaker 4: The Book of Matthew Book of Matthew. And You're not that important.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not that important. The whole town knows this. We had a teacher.
Speaker 5: Her name is missus Guthrie and name dropping. Oh yeah, lives out in South Dakota. Now lives out sorry Clark County.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: She she used to say like she has ironically now think about it now as I'm gonna say it out loud. She has whips and chains in her closet. We were second grade.
Speaker 4: Wow, yeah, so there's anyway hold on?
Speaker 3: Like the Rihanna song, chains and whips excite me kind of deal? Yep, huh.
Speaker 2: At the time, I didn't know teachers.
Speaker 4: Do you know Dane Denel that lives in He was a city PD.
Speaker 2: Officer for a name sounds super familiar.
Speaker 4: She's actually from Rapids and graduated with me. We had our tenth grade English teacher flat out set in class that she wants to kill him aggressive.
Speaker 3: She might be fired today, right baby, allegedly allegedly it's all hears say.
Speaker 4: I heard it.
Speaker 2: That's good enough.
Speaker 5: Justin on a Facebook page said thirty nine, you guys are just the fiddlings, freelings, fledging, fledging.
Speaker 3: I don't fletchlings flings.
Speaker 4: Sure that fledglings there you go.
Speaker 2: Still have a your whole lives ahead of you.
Speaker 4: We're still pretty wet behind the ears.
Speaker 2: That's what they say. She was her show.
Speaker 4: Yeah it's fucking coold.
Speaker 3: What do you mean you're wet behind the ears.
Speaker 4: Means you're still in extreme Well I figured that's what it meant. Stop with his business smarts, talks like a pro.
Speaker 6: Matt and Dustin joined him just for the fun, and Lord Dustin SIPs his Beerscot's god his notes.
Speaker 3: They share fat jokes, talk like they own.
Speaker 6: Spots, remig He's got it sown in the sports talk show, Scott's the Captain.
Speaker 3: Matt and Dustin.
Speaker 6: They know Bruce might be missing, but they still make it fun, fat jokes and drinks.
Speaker 3: They keep it light and run sell me pro.
Speaker 6: Sports talking Beamichie min So the Talk life, Dick's fat jokes, It's all in the motion. Scott leads the way with his business degrees, dust and drinks, and last they make it all agreed. Matt's not the smartest budd He's got his part.
Speaker 7: Scott and Dustin, they kicked the conversation shot beer, belly and Brainstein makes it all up.
Speaker 4: Send me pro a sports talk.
Speaker 3: It's never too tough.
Speaker 6: Dustin's got his drink, Scott's, Scott his script, Matt Scott his jokes.
Speaker 7: They never get stuck. They talk Mike prayers though they're not fat jokes. And Beard, they've got it all Bo Scott, Scott and know how Matt got the jokes.
Speaker 6: Dustin's got the drink, the achieve it hot and cozy. Remigie's got it sown in this sports talk show, talk like ticks, fat jokes.
Speaker 2: It's all in the flow.
Speaker 3: Seventy fill of sports talk.
Speaker 2: In Dmiti, Minnesota.
Speaker 6: Fog like ditch, fat jokes, it's all in the motion. Scott Lee's away with the business degrees, Dustin June and last they make it all greed.
Speaker 2: Good morning, good afternoon, good evening. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: We are if this is beer really sports coming here from the Runway Lounge here just located in Mary, Minnesota, otherwise own it's just south of Bummitgee. It's a beautiful suburb of bummigee. My name's Matt Jeffried to my immediate left.
Speaker 2: We're gonna is brown on brown look today. I like it. What casual look? Business looks?
Speaker 3: Brown shoes?
Speaker 4: Why are you yelling?
Speaker 2: I don't min yelling. I'm sorry, I don't want to yell at you. Good, I'm sorry. It turns out down then anyways, that's Scott Wilson. Hi, buddy, Hi. And then to the very far end, who am not allowed cow buddy anymore? He yelled at me all the time.
Speaker 3: Buddy me, we're gonna throw hands.
Speaker 2: Oh you didn't throw hands yether night.
Speaker 4: Here you go.
Speaker 2: It is travel crew. Hi, Bud, that's the buddy.
Speaker 3: That's hey, dog.
Speaker 2: Is that better good show for us today?
Speaker 5: No, Bruce, no Dustin, And we have a we have a good show. Not gonna be a lot of topics. I think it's more just kind of run right through because the weather is cold, and more of that in a moment.
Speaker 3: Actually, that's the last thing in the six pack five five.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, because we're already to have a five pack today because the fourth of the sixth one froze over.
Speaker 2: So that's why we're.
Speaker 4: Six one frozen my cup holders morning.
Speaker 5: Thanks Daniel, Yeah, thanks Dan, job, said Brown on Brown going going full mister hanky.
Speaker 3: I don't know why you took a dig at your outfit.
Speaker 2: I always do somewhere or another. He takes me all the.
Speaker 4: Time after him on Sunday.
Speaker 3: Oh, I appreciate that he didn't come at your haircut. I bet he probably didn't tell you it looks weird or bad or anything.
Speaker 2: Best of all, my hair is always on point.
Speaker 4: I'll keep it nice and on the show.
Speaker 3: There we go, there we go, and you come attack the way he dresses.
Speaker 2: Today, he looks good like always. I'm saying, Scottolin looks good.
Speaker 3: Shoes inside is crazy in this weather though you're tracking water in Matt's gonna have mold.
Speaker 4: He's wearing his shoes too. That's why I did no respect.
Speaker 2: My feet hurt.
Speaker 4: That's why I wear my shoes that Matt needs to vacuum. Hardcore. So there's dog hair all the fun.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's everywhere, no matter what I do.
Speaker 5: Backup on Tuesday, because not one but two dogs had to throw up because we had to.
Speaker 4: Go shot backed vomitable. What the fuck is wrong with you?
Speaker 2: I'm not I didn't have any more paper towels.
Speaker 3: He didn't run on a paper towel. He goes, Oh, I guess I gotta get the shot back up now.
Speaker 4: Did you remember to take the filter off?
Speaker 2: Oh no, he did not.
Speaker 3: That was the fun part. I thought of that too, but he just went out its. I was like, you know what, we're just gonna throw up.
Speaker 4: I will. That's innovative. I've never heard of anybody using a fucking shot back to vacuum up.
Speaker 2: Leave it to my take on it.
Speaker 3: It was right on this rug. I wanted to say that I didn't.
Speaker 2: It wasn't. I was on the corner of it. Matt.
Speaker 4: Matt did force gump. I'm not, but what throw is?
Speaker 5: Justin said Matt. Matt's a diva. He's always on point. Those sleeves don't fall off his shirt on his own, on their own, on their own, thank you.
Speaker 2: It's late whatever.
Speaker 4: How do you get out of that?
Speaker 2: Fucking no? What's even happening? Halftime? Anyways?
Speaker 3: You have like a fourth grade reading level.
Speaker 4: I swear that's a strong assessment there.
Speaker 2: Fourth grade reading level? Show title number two.
Speaker 3: Oh Matthew, Joe, I can't wait for misconnections.
Speaker 5: I've read them already, so I at least had a little bit of a jump on them. Yeah, forbatim, fucking idiots.
Speaker 4: You bring it on yourself.
Speaker 2: I'm shocked, weird.
Speaker 3: Let's crack this first.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get this whole fucking thing going.
Speaker 1: It's time for the Billy Sports six packs. Got to you by Price Primo from Team Cermak real Estate. Just like your favorite Minnesota team. You need someone who knows how to close, oh, fye, sell, move win with Bryce Primo and the image area called two and eight seven six zero ninety seven eight nine or send an email to Premonition three sixty five at hotmail dot com.
Speaker 5: All right, so the first one is the MLB Hall of Fame in two thousand and six?
Speaker 2: Did I read it? Write? Did I see three people?
Speaker 4: Two thousand and six?
Speaker 2: Yees?
Speaker 4: Twenty years late?
Speaker 5: Two hundred wow, twenty twenty six? So did I read that right? That I see actually three people? I thought there was just two.
Speaker 2: I thought there at.
Speaker 3: Three, one notable one not even on there.
Speaker 4: Well, and somebody actually fell off of the nomination list this year too.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm referring to.
Speaker 2: Who's that many that sucks?
Speaker 4: He garnered his highest percentage this year, which was like thirty eight and a half percent, but you need seventy five to stay on the ballot.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So you know, I don't like the Hall of Fame anyway, because Barry Bonds is the best baseball player to ever exist. He's not in the Hall of Fame. That's where they lose all credibility.
Speaker 4: Here's here's my take. Take it or leave it if you want my opinion.
Speaker 3: But no, give me your two cents.
Speaker 4: The steroid era saved baseball. Yes, after the ninety four strike that summer of ninety eight, with the year I was born. Imagine that McGuire and Sosa going after the home run record from Roger Morris.
Speaker 3: You know where Roger Morris is from?
Speaker 4: Fargo? Oh he played in Fargo. But wasn't he born on the Range?
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, It all comes back to the range.
Speaker 4: But so anyways, that era into the early two thousands, MLB knew full well that guys were juicy. Yeah, and they just sat idly by and let it happen because they were getting ratings and money just coming in hand over fist. Fans loved the long ball, who doesn't.
Speaker 2: And chicks.
Speaker 4: So it's that era saved baseball and it wasn't just batters doing it, it was pictures doing it too. So it's you still have to have the hand, eye coordination, the skill.
Speaker 3: And that was always the misconception back in the day, was like, if you take steroids, it just makes you a better baseball player, or like better at your sport. No, you still have to be good like that. You just don't get hurt because your body recovers so much faster.
Speaker 4: Right, and bringing up Barry Bonds, he would have been in the Hall of Fame even pre but you know it, he decided he wanted to be a home run hitter and.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean worked out great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I look at look at him.
Speaker 2: Good for him.
Speaker 3: I'm actually Roger Marris himming Minnesota. By the way, imagine that one second best best athlete to ever come out of there. Like I said, second best first, everyone else is tied.
Speaker 4: He's standing right next to us.
Speaker 2: I know he is. I don't wait for say it.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna say that. Oh well, I'm gonna say is Roger Morrison never let the state of Minnesota and touchdown passes for five weeks?
Speaker 4: Did they do a parade? Down Howard Street for.
Speaker 3: You, No one, the statue. The statue should be going off here in about uh ten to seventy five years.
Speaker 4: Goddamn, he's the fourth most famous person from hibbing.
Speaker 3: Bob doing from hiving, Nobel Peace Prize winner.
Speaker 4: That's one of the three. I was getting it in year fourth.
Speaker 3: What about the Mickletti brothers. One of them's on you all the time.
Speaker 4: I suppose I was putting you behind Bob.
Speaker 3: That's crazier put me behind Bob.
Speaker 4: Would you rather be behind Matt?
Speaker 3: Oh? Hello, good point. You know what, Bob Dylan's not a bad bad guy to be runner up to.
Speaker 4: I mean, like you said, the man won a Nobel Peace Prize.
Speaker 3: Good for him, but he doesn't claim hibbing though no claims du luth.
Speaker 4: I was born in Duluth. Yeah, but you grew up in Hibbing.
Speaker 3: Yes, I could show you exactly where.
Speaker 4: I know where his house was at. Yeah, I've been by it, I mean too.
Speaker 2: Right on Bob Dylan Drive Humble Prags over here.
Speaker 4: I don't think it was that name. Bob Dylan Drive back in the night.
Speaker 3: No, that's literally not even a road. They just put up a street sign right on that corner.
Speaker 4: Hey, my claim to fame from my hometown his birthplace to Judy Garland.
Speaker 3: I've been there. Someone stole that ruby slipper to the son of a bitch. Did they ever get that back or no?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they did four or five years ago they finally found Yeah.
Speaker 3: I thought I saw that.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: So I mean they're.
Speaker 4: Landing what that place used to employ like eleven hundred people. Inday, it's at like two fifty. Yeah, not much a lot of just like the mines. Isn't hip tack like a quarter employed too?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Not good, not good, but himing hockey is fantastic this year they're.
Speaker 4: Doing good anyway. They beat Hermantown. They beat Hermantown, so that was awesome. Hermantown all right, and will be hall fame. It's Beltran and Andrew Jones.
Speaker 2: Good choices.
Speaker 4: I was a little surprised that there was only two inductees.
Speaker 2: Though, yeah, I was like three, three or four.
Speaker 4: Granted when we when we talked about the list when it was first put out, I was like, there wasn't a whole lot on it though, of like new potentials. Did Torri get snubbed?
Speaker 3: No, I don't. I don't think he got snubbed. I don't know that he'll get in well, so I truly don't like.
Speaker 4: Dustin brought it up and he shared a stat comparing Tory to Andrew.
Speaker 3: Okay, I've never like deep dove his career stats or anything like that. I know he was my favorite twin growing up.
Speaker 2: As as you're looking that up, you know I forgot due because you got me so sidetracking got into the show right away. Our show's being brought to by Oh You're first.
Speaker 3: Oh I Am Yes, Seventh Avenue Pizza pizza before it was trendy, available at your local Circle K locations, and if you live down in the Cities, it's available at a bunch of other places down there too, and very good frozen pizza. My favorite frozen pizza, the only one that I actually would eat.
Speaker 4: The beautiful Knobb and Kettle down in Lake Alice, Minnesota. Check them out on Thursdays for live music with Lois Friday Saturday get some of the best prime river around. Yeah, I was.
Speaker 5: Being brought to by Urban Gerbitz right here in but Migie. They do a lot of catering as well too, So if you're look at the caters have advance some even Chris's part is ever still going on a birthday, a coworkers, whatever, anniversary or retirement. They do a lot of things. Go to Urban Gerbitz here, but Major Linda will take care of you. Great sandwiches. They have a pickle and chorus like Bruce always knows, it's still soup season.
Speaker 4: Also Paul Binion Communications probably powering the Beer Belly Sports radio network with the Gigazon.
Speaker 2: Gi Gigizm Gigizon also being brought to by Soda Stick.
Speaker 5: Get fifteen percent off when you use the promo code beer Belly. They came out with the nineteen eighty US Hockey Gold Medal.
Speaker 2: US Hockey.
Speaker 5: Uh gear, I think it was today, today or tomorrow is coming out with but you guys get a handle of it. Use promo code beer Belly fifteen percent off right now from sodastick dot com.
Speaker 4: What do we got left? Home choice, Home choice go down to one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he did his two, I was doing three. You only did one?
Speaker 3: No, I know that I knew.
Speaker 4: And finally home Choice Matt Yes, walk in that store and say what code beer Belly Sports and get one hundred dollars off your purchase in store only.
Speaker 5: Yep, right here, but mijie, ah, this computer that we that I literally use every single day. K from there, there's plenty of things like furniture, appliances, now, tires, yep, tires at home choice.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm in the market for some new boots on my car too. Told me I was dipping into the pass the yellow and dipping into the red. So after this winter, I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Need some Well, there you go, the old Bronco. You're gonna be slow rolling down in the freelay like Ojhill, all unfit. Anyways, back to the Hall of Fame. So here's Dustin's comparison. Andrew Jones versus Tory. Hunter had a sixty two zero point seven versus a fifty wins above replacement. Yeah, Tory played more games, had more played appearances, had five hundred more hits. Jones had eighty more home runs. Tory had more RBIs, stolen bases, his batting average was twenty points higher, and then Jones had a higher on base percentage slugging percentage ops.
Speaker 3: See. I think war is a lot to do with this, now, which I don't love. I don't love that statistic. I get it, but it also depends who the hell is your replacement?
Speaker 4: Well, and so two neither one ever won a championship. Yeah, both were five time All Stars. Jones was a ten time Gold lover to Tory's nine, but Tory won one more Silver Slugger.
Speaker 3: Did he either win MVP?
Speaker 4: No, not that I So my argument was too Tory for the majority of his career. Minnesota, Detroit, Right, Angels and Angels, but the Angels would only really be the large market team Otherwise Detroit and Minnesota are more small to mid market.
Speaker 3: Especially Detroit back then.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, so it was playing with the visibility and the national spotlight on him. Yeah, I think back to the mid nineties early two thousands. The Braves had that TBS contract, so they're getting nationally televised. Sure, every game.
Speaker 3: The Twins were on Fox Sports North.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I can see the argument. I mean, Dustin told us that Jones has the second lowest batting average of a Hall of Fame inductee.
Speaker 3: See, And that's that's where it gets dicey, because it at some point in time it is like, who did fans really love more? They? You can't tell me that doesn't take effect on who gets in and who doesn't.
Speaker 4: But if you think about it too, twenty years ago, a two fifty four batting average was horseshit terrible.
Speaker 3: It was actually terrible unless you were hitting literally sixty home runs.
Speaker 4: Right, And nowadays a two fifty four batting average is good. Yeah you got you got guys that are barely scraping over two hundred and yeah getting a regular playing time.
Speaker 3: One one snub I think is probably.
Speaker 4: Felix King Felix, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like I kind of understood it last year.
Speaker 4: I guess what about like Kemp the the list wasn't the greatest there was.
Speaker 3: It was his first year on the ballot, right though, But can't be serious.
Speaker 4: Edwin and CANARSI I think was on there.
Speaker 3: Yea, yeah, Shin su Chew Right, that's a name, that's a name.
Speaker 4: I there wasn't any like real like like shattering players like I'm.
Speaker 3: Sorry, like Daniel Murphy no good player, yes, hall of Famer. No, Howie Kendre, same thing, uh, Nick Markakis kind of hunter pants? Maybe you know, not really.
Speaker 4: How many of how many of these guys are Some of them get in just because they played so long, so their stats, right, that's just like Craig Big.
Speaker 3: Ryan brons on there. I don't think he'll get in.
Speaker 4: Well he's tied to steroids, he said so. But I think so to get back to where we started with this, before we forgot our sponsorships, I think all those steroid athletes should get in. I mean, you've got the dead ball era, You've got all these different eras that they talk about in the Hall of Fame. Just put the fucking steroid era in there. It saved me.
Speaker 2: But I mean, have you guys been the Cooper's down. It's almost box It's so awesome.
Speaker 3: But I mean, back to the steroid argument. Look at Max Kepler steroids and horseship last.
Speaker 4: Year, like you, twelve home runs he hit, like what are we doing? But even clear it makes you hit the ball farther. You still have to have the hand eye coordination.
Speaker 3: And you have to fucking go lift to hit the ball farther. It doesn't just make it hit it farther because I gotta go lift.
Speaker 4: I was always surprised when you'd hear about pictures taking steroids, aside from the recovery side of it, But I think about imagine you want to be like bulky, Well you don't want.
Speaker 3: To be bulky, but you gotta be fucking strong to do it to throw right. I mean there is the well, there's the anomalies that would never touch a weight in their life and just be able to throw ninety five like the tall, skinny, lanky dudes with all the whip.
Speaker 4: Cool hip whip.
Speaker 3: But you still got to lift and get strong like that's why people do it, or take steroids, like people that don't even play a sport that just want to get absolutely huge. They take the steroids because they can now work out six times a week instead of four times a week, because they're just recovering that much quicker, like all the bodybuilders and stuff.
Speaker 4: So and at the I just love how during the eramb MLB turned a complete blind.
Speaker 2: Eye to it.
Speaker 4: Yes they did, and the people watching right, and then all of a sudden, the Mitchell Report came out and then they became all holier than thou.
Speaker 8: What a story mark.
Speaker 4: And now they have a problem with it because some people, well that's not right.
Speaker 3: But yet they still juice to baseball, So you can't tell me the juice baseballs.
Speaker 2: The Twins, the Bomba Squad, they had the juice to baseballs.
Speaker 3: They tell me they weren't.
Speaker 2: Justin said, I've been to Cooperstown, North Dakota. That's a thing, I guess. Excuse you.
Speaker 4: There's a Roger Merris exhibit in the.
Speaker 3: I Don't care good. That was a good Fuckington. Yeah, not many times you do that that Well, you had that cute up.
Speaker 2: I'll cover it over it.
Speaker 4: So two weeks two or three weeks ago when the last time you were on the show with us, Bruce was coming. He's like, you guys did a good show. In Matt's like button bar was on.
Speaker 3: It was, oh, you can't push your own button.
Speaker 4: He was tooting his own horn.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's insane. Oh hi, Mark, that's like me showing up to work every day doing exactly what I'm supposed to and then giving myself a nice pat on the back going. I would man never do fucking good ship.
Speaker 4: I would never the producer actually produced.
Speaker 2: I did my job. What all right? Next? Beer? All right? Hold on, I go to find the thing.
Speaker 4: There is the Twins Welcome back Taylor Rods.
Speaker 2: So dumb we did? You know what?
Speaker 3: I took a screenshot of this that I saw in the old X machine and listen to their opening Day back.
Speaker 2: I retweeted it, thank you, say.
Speaker 4: Who's this catcher they signed from Houston?
Speaker 3: Who fucking cares?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: If he can hit the ball, he can't the potential for some pop. Does that mean Jeffers is on the trade block?
Speaker 3: He might as well be Mike Redmond and I love, I love.
Speaker 4: Future manager could.
Speaker 3: Be but uh, as of right now, the opening day bullpen would be Cody Thunderberg. Well he was there last year, young guy, but they had him in a fucking closer role when he has no business doing that. I know he's tall, you know the the heights aren't listed on this list, sorry, And Cole Sands, who's hit or miss you know, justin topa bad John Kleine ever heard of John Klein.
Speaker 4: Nope?
Speaker 3: Eric Orsey orse Ah, David David Festa who's just bad. And Pearson Ole who I've never heard of. And now Taylor Rogers who got we got rid of, had a not good year with the Giants and his twin brother and we say, hey, come on back, welcome back. I wish we could roll out the welcome Matt back for you know, either Griffin Jack's or oh I'm drawing a blank on him, now.
Speaker 4: What the fuck.
Speaker 3: Closer the last three?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Johann Duran. Yes, I like how he shows up in Philly and they do his intro and they're like, this's just the best ship ever. Like he did that for how many years over here and you fuckers never knew about.
Speaker 3: That's because the Twins were never in very many save situations.
Speaker 2: That's one.
Speaker 4: So yeah, they they took I saw they took uh, they took Joe Ryan off the winter Fest roster.
Speaker 3: Because I know it's because he's doing the he's doing the World Baseball Classic.
Speaker 4: I bet you gotta bump on your head.
Speaker 3: Where holy ship.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've already said that it can't be a brain tumor.
Speaker 4: Now I know them. That's where little Matt's coming out.
Speaker 2: You made the list, little We have enough of them running around. One is out now two that he knows of stop Aiden says that ship too, and nuts.
Speaker 4: He started it. I just continued it.
Speaker 3: No, but no one actually knows what the twins are doing. No one really cares what the twins are doing because guess what.
Speaker 4: The pole ads still on the team.
Speaker 3: Correct, they're gonna be bad.
Speaker 4: We've got our new manager.
Speaker 3: Me and Matt just talked about this on Tuesday. In professional sports, the coaching carousels that go around.
Speaker 4: Well, it's a good old boys club. How these guys continue to get opportunities.
Speaker 3: So I think job interviews got to be very, very unique in head coaching jobs for professional sports, because think about it. You get an HC job with the Cleveland Browns, cat get fired, get fired, and then you can just go yeah, the GM was a fucking dick owner. Well you can. But a lot of the time it's a little different though, because well I don't even know how to explain this map. But if you show up to work and do your job, what right, crazy, you're probably not just getting fired, because you're probably not just getting fired.
Speaker 4: As long as you do the bare minimum, you should be okay.
Speaker 2: But every day this is happening.
Speaker 4: But so Bruce and I joked about it when they announced the new Twins manager. It must have been like when the county puts out a roadway project, who's the lowest bidder? No, actually, and by the way you get you get some landscaping duties along with your management contract.
Speaker 3: But it's like he was in Oh, he was in such a similar situation in Pittsburgh and he is literally the same situation.
Speaker 4: Had a losing record there.
Speaker 3: Correct, Why in the world do we think bringing him here is all of a sudden, Yeah, he's our guy.
Speaker 4: Well, he was our bench coach the year the Bomba squad.
Speaker 3: I know, I know he was Wow, But I just will never understand how these people getting hired and rehired.
Speaker 4: Why not give Toby a chance?
Speaker 3: That's what I said. Yeah, I wish he's done such a good job at Triple A, but now he's not the GM and he's actually up with the Twins this year. I forgot what he's been up there, something like that, but he's no longer with the Saints. Screw and managing Triple A has got to be the hardest thing ever.
Speaker 4: Well, it's just like managing or probably akin to trying to operate a college football team. Now, you never know who's going to be there, who's gonna be gone this guys.
Speaker 3: It's even worse so mid season, mid season, and all of a sudden, Byron Buxton's down there for his fifth stint with the Saints because he can't fucking stay healthy, and you just slot him in and the one spot go here, take your three at bats get two doubles, hit a bomb.
Speaker 4: You're gone next week. And then this guy that actually needs to be planning to get some reps in development assisted on the pine while you're here.
Speaker 3: Correct, So I yeah, the Twins are.
Speaker 4: So what well that we can do this late?
Speaker 3: Well, Taylor Rogers bad sign.
Speaker 4: Are they a sixty win team next year? Or is that too low? That would mean they would go sixty and one oh two?
Speaker 3: No, I know that's what that means.
Speaker 4: Sh Matt didn't know the math right off the time.
Speaker 2: No, I don't. Actually, oh my, I was really paying attention.
Speaker 3: So the over unders fifty nine and a half here, sure? Or we can set it that sixty and a half.
Speaker 4: Or are we here, We'll give them the benefit of the doubt. We'll go seventy five wins. Do they hit seventy five wins?
Speaker 2: I would say, way under?
Speaker 3: Well, you know I'd still like to watch, right, just kidding, because I'm not renewing my Twins TV contract.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, is it worth the twenty fous a month?
Speaker 3: No, it's not found that out the hard way last year.
Speaker 4: Well, and now you might even lose fan duel. Yeah, for the Timberwolves in the wild because the timber Well here, let's roll into the next year here. Okay, the Timberwolves they publicly stated yesterday or the day before that fan dueill miss their payment to them for broadcasting. Really yep, so they're hoping that it's not a matter of when it goes dark, but they may not make it through the season.
Speaker 3: For the if we make it through the season, that's just the most Minnesota sports.
Speaker 4: How about how about Aunt getting snubbed from the All Star team?
Speaker 2: Is happening?
Speaker 3: Wait, he didn't make the All Star team.
Speaker 2: It shows that it showed that he did not make the All Star team.
Speaker 4: Is it finally yet? Quick? Because All Stars isn't until February?
Speaker 6: Isn't.
Speaker 2: So he did make something.
Speaker 3: I thought he just wasn't a starter.
Speaker 2: But still he should be a starter.
Speaker 3: Well you'd like to think.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's five other guys that maybe as good, if not better than him.
Speaker 2: The Eastern Conference. You're gonna see.
Speaker 4: Uh, he's in the West.
Speaker 2: Okay, I haven't gotten there yet.
Speaker 4: Well, we're talking about the Timberwls. Okay about the East.
Speaker 3: I could give a fuck less about who the Eastern All Stars are.
Speaker 5: I got uh uh Ty Curry, who ty Curry, who I have.
Speaker 3: A does Steph have another brother?
Speaker 5: Then I have a Luca Donkey.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: Then I have the shy gea Alexander Merchant, and then I have the big tall motherfucker from from Denver, and then I have the bigger Pitch. Then I have even the bigger tall motherfucker from the Spurs.
Speaker 3: When that guy you really looked at those and can pronounced those?
Speaker 4: Do we not care about that tall guy that says crazy everybody I don't.
Speaker 3: Even watch, and I know exactly who he is describing.
Speaker 2: I always say ty Cerry.
Speaker 4: So that's just the starters. That doesn't mean he was, yeah, rubbed from the rock, still.
Speaker 5: From a starter from a guy who throws up forty to fifty points almost every single night.
Speaker 2: Okay, we went back.
Speaker 3: You have to remember, though, a lot of it's fan voting.
Speaker 5: I know, and I was going to get to that fan voting. Is he they're fucking all star voting?
Speaker 2: Ever?
Speaker 3: Well, then we're in a Hall of Fame situation, that same thing. So what one do you want? Then?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Who do you want to pick?
Speaker 2: The fun nineteen?
Speaker 5: Not the fans. I don't ever want the fans to pick the Hall of Fame. Well, that's the difference between a Hall of Fame and an All Star.
Speaker 4: So right now, your Timberwolves are twenty seven and seventeen, which is tied for sixth place. Really, but right now they're sitting in the seventh seeds, so they would have a play in game right now if the playoffs started. They're fifteen and six at home, twelve and eleven on the road. They do have a losing record at four and five in the division, and they're fourteen and three in the conference. They're averaging one hundred and twenty points per game, giving up one hundred and fifteen and right now they're on a three game skid and they're six and four in their last ten.
Speaker 3: Sounds like we got to quit play in the East. Would you say? Fourteen and three in conference?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Oh, you're right. The reserves to be announced on February one.
Speaker 4: Cool the panic button.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but still that's he should be.
Speaker 4: So Yeah, but just because he's a forty point per game, he can't go out and play center.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're not wrong.
Speaker 4: It's not like it's.
Speaker 2: Wemby Wombo guy.
Speaker 3: Wemby Wombo guy.
Speaker 4: Write that down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll do the best I can for spelling, Oh.
Speaker 4: My god, when because he's is he a shooting guard or point guard whatever it is, But that means he has to be the number one in the league to be the starter, and he's obviously top three in his position.
Speaker 3: I agree, but like you have, I think he's a shooting guard technically.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I just thought of the graphic for all of our show titles, eighty moments hard, go ahead, go on? Please, okay?
Speaker 3: Anyway, anyway, bad, anyway.
Speaker 4: Get the air can out?
Speaker 2: Should he be?
Speaker 4: Should he be?
Speaker 3: A starter? Probably? Does it help that he plays on one of the smallest market teams in the league. Probably not. There you go, It's as simple as that. When it comes down to fan voting, he's never going to get more fan votes than staff.
Speaker 4: Well especially it's if you have somebody that's remotely good on either of the coasts, right, they're automatically going to be more popular.
Speaker 3: I think Ant gets under appreciated a lot because he actually plays defense too compared to some other guards that has.
Speaker 4: He been a whiney lebron bitch this year at times.
Speaker 3: I won't win it, probably because he sees what SGA does.
Speaker 4: And gets away with and gets away with or the phantom follows that he gets called correct.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I that's that's part of the reason I can't watch much of the NBA, especially in the regular season. I don't care to watch someone go to the free throw line twenty four times in a game.
Speaker 4: When how'd you get your forty points?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: There you go, fifteen free throws exactly, and then I hit three other shots.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, gotta make at least five other shots.
Speaker 2: Volume shoot over here.
Speaker 3: But it's it's ridiculous. It's just a garbage product in the in the early stretch of the season.
Speaker 4: We've we've talked about it numerous times on the show too. Well, Matt hasn't. He doesn't give a shit about pass bitch. I'm a hockey fan, but I'll still watch him every once in a while. But Bruce, Bruce and I have had this discussion numerous times. Defense in the NBA is non existent, even in the playoffs. Dude, one hundred and twenty points used to be a very high scoring game.
Speaker 3: Even when even when like I was growing up, like you're like, an All Star game would be like one twenty five to one twenty.
Speaker 4: If you broke a hundred. That was a high scoring game. Yeah, and now, well, shit, even your centers can hit threes now with some regularity.
Speaker 3: Which I don't mind, though, Let the big man shoot it.
Speaker 4: Could you picture Shock shooting a three?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Can you imagine how demoralizing it would be to watch Tracy McGrady kick it to Yao ming in the corner and him just fucking bang one right in your face because you're never blocking that shot.
Speaker 4: Patrick Eween, Oh god, David Robinson?
Speaker 2: What who else you got over there?
Speaker 4: He said, shack.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine if the bad Boy Pistons had Bill Lambert knocking down threes?
Speaker 4: Rick Mahorn, Kevin McHale, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Whatever you want, but he had the best basketball player of his time with him in Larry Bird.
Speaker 5: Justin said, make free throws really count. If you miss, you lose a point.
Speaker 3: Thanks, Pierre. I mean, yes, queerly, but if you shouldn't have gone to the line in the first place, it doesn't really hurt you. I mean it does. You're not getting that point because he missed it.
Speaker 4: But I don't know what if you're in one of those situations where you intentionally miss hoping to get a rebound.
Speaker 3: Right, But No, I just can't stand when when one player on the other side shoots more free throws in a game than a whole other roster.
Speaker 4: He got breathed done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like blow the whistle.
Speaker 4: The flopping with soccer players, especially Aiden's favorite player Lebron.
Speaker 2: That Lebron gusting yea, that is so discussing of all time?
Speaker 4: Shut up, Biden.
Speaker 3: I didn't even watch Jordan, but I've watched because I wasn't alive. I wasn't alive yet.
Speaker 4: To watch for the first retirement.
Speaker 3: Correct, but like growing up, watched enough YouTube videos of him and everything like that, and then the last dance comes out completely solidified every argument.
Speaker 4: Again, how can you claim that Lebron is the greatest player of all time when MJ is six and oher in the finals, Lebron is what three and nine or something? Stupid?
Speaker 3: I saw something who was like He's like Kobe was the best basket or the most.
Speaker 4: All around best scorer.
Speaker 3: I think Lebron was the best like I think all around player, but Jordan was just the best. He was the best winner out of all like and there's a huge difference in that because you can be good and not win.
Speaker 4: But then to look at Lebron. He's played twenty one years now. Yeah, Lebron MJ played twelve the correct seasons.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 4: You can't compare the two when you're starting to get in almost twice his length of a career.
Speaker 3: And all the Lebron guys that all they always argue is stats. You know, Well he's scored more points, well, yeah, more rebounds, more assistently.
Speaker 4: He's also played eight more years.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 4: I would hope he has more points at this point.
Speaker 3: But there's some to do with just having the it factor, and I don't think Lebron's ever had that.
Speaker 4: Well, And you didn't see the MJ jumping teams forming big threes left and right, trying to win titles, right, Lebron is team hopped right many times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's ridiculous, So.
Speaker 4: Come at me Aiden, all right, next beer, it's.
Speaker 3: The wheel, wheel, Wheel, you know, I do love the wheel of fortune. By the way, I'll still watch that ship at home.
Speaker 2: That's one person.
Speaker 1: It's time now just spin the wheel, not through miss heps, football, cage match, got golf, hockey fights, doctor coxyisms. I'd rather fartside ripped, severe chuck e cheese injuries, slipping it at home, all right.
Speaker 2: So another baseball story.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: We talked a few times about Scott getting He got trucked one time going to first, which is hilarious as he.
Speaker 2: He bounced back, he bounced back up. It was dribble. It was like a dribble.
Speaker 4: Matt thought, I was going to fight this. He was a big boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was a big horse.
Speaker 4: Four bills.
Speaker 2: Yeah easily. I hit it.
Speaker 4: I hit a grounder in between first and second.
Speaker 3: And you, being the hustle guy that you are, the team guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I was like, you guys, got go go.
Speaker 4: I am very much that ball's in play. You run your ass to first base.
Speaker 2: At least I try. I do.
Speaker 5: I don't not very fast, at least I try.
Speaker 4: And you can try in other avenues that you're like wow, wow, you said wawn. Anyway, so this big boy we get to the first base right at the same time, and it looks like a fucking quarterback getting blindsided. Ship's flying everywhere. I fly like thirty feet the other way, and Matt's like, oh fuck, oh no, was this in baseball or soft softball?
Speaker 3: Oh that makes it so much worse.
Speaker 2: Double bag to Matt.
Speaker 4: Matt's like we're getting in a fight. Oh fuck.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh ship.
Speaker 4: I got up and I was like, I'm good. Oh my god, got my back.
Speaker 2: He did say sorry.
Speaker 4: Oh I was fine. I never had any issue, no, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he said sorry, it's a bang bang type thing.
Speaker 4: It was playoffs. Wasn't a championship game, No, it was.
Speaker 2: It's still playoffs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but playoffs. How about the time you scorpion yourself going into third base?
Speaker 2: No, I thought, no third, No me going.
Speaker 4: Into second when I blew up my knee. That was bad, but it was hilarious. Fuck that hurt, and that was easily triple in you'reless. Oh that was a different one too. When I slipped on the bag and to picked myself.
Speaker 3: Oh god, oh god. That is My greatest fear in adult life is doing something like bowling, curling, playing slow pitch soft battle, picking up a beach volleyball for whatever reason, if I go sub for a team, and taking that as such a compliment. Just watched Top Gun the other day and can't confirm the beach volleyball scene is way better than the beach football scene in the new one. Not even close. But anyway, that's like my greatest fear is doing a sport and getting seriously injured to the point where like it's going to affect my daily life. Oh yeah, like playing town ball baseball and blowing out your use.
Speaker 1: There was.
Speaker 4: The slide, the second one I was talking about. I hit a ball and it was a back towards the fence, so running it was a it was a double and wrong warning track power same and so the guy had a relative cannon and I had to slide into second.
Speaker 3: Well that's your first mistake. Why would you ever put yourself in a position to slide and slow pitch softball? That's why I wear shorts, so I don't know.
Speaker 4: I wore pants.
Speaker 2: I never were the rare guys that I was.
Speaker 4: I was one of the only guys that would wear a cup playing first pace.
Speaker 2: I never did.
Speaker 3: No, I would never. It's scary, yes.
Speaker 4: But that I'm not risking.
Speaker 3: The boys will Roger Dorn the ship.
Speaker 4: And so I went to slide in and it had rained earlier, so that sure, yeah soft and it just dug in instantly. God, that makes my I have fluid all over the backside of my knee with oh yeah.
Speaker 2: You come back. You're like, I don't fucking look at you like, oh my god.
Speaker 4: My girlfriend at the times like you're a fucking idiot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I would have said the same thing if I was on the other team and the guy that was playing outfield, I'd be like, look at this moron.
Speaker 5: We had one guy on our team, David. Yeah, David, he with an N Yep.
Speaker 3: Interesting, he's from cast.
Speaker 5: I didn't I was, I know, And I just want to say he he was pitching. I'm sorry, I was pitching and he was in right field and he is one of those guys who likes to go balls out and just like he throws his body around. Yeah, and he got pissed at me because this so when he separated his shoulder, you weren't around then. This is like the first bunk house team.
Speaker 3: I'm the best Barb's ever seen. Oh my god. It was on the same block as my first college house.
Speaker 2: Right place.
Speaker 4: I was so surprised that that place couldn't survive. I'm literally right next door to the college will.
Speaker 3: I mean, I have a good cry about it every one in two weeks.
Speaker 5: I sit on the on the patio drinking when Peyton was illegally wet drinking with us.
Speaker 2: God, im good times.
Speaker 4: It's an insurance.
Speaker 3: It was perfect. Yes, anyways, that's you could go shamelessly drink there at nine am and everyone be like, oh, he's having breakfast on Tuesday. Why not get a picture?
Speaker 4: Oh did? It was very small inside though.
Speaker 3: It was, but that's what made it great.
Speaker 2: It was the summer was a great we just sat outside.
Speaker 3: It was it was perfect.
Speaker 4: I did always have to chuckle when you walked in though, because they had the goalposts and the ball mounted. Thanks for the reminder.
Speaker 5: So what you're talking about, so people don't know if you live in but maybe say the bunk house.
Speaker 3: It was a breakfast bar that stayed open all day and you could go there. They had the best breakfast food, had really good burgers, good drink deals too. It is two for ones on Thursdays. Not that I ever attended that, but but it was just a fun play used to be with fantastic food.
Speaker 4: And then if you actually it wasn't open when I was going to college here, that was that was a made right. At that point they excuse you, do you know what a right is? So it's an old like diner. They are famous for boiled burgers.
Speaker 3: What that sounds fucking disgusting.
Speaker 4: People love them. I always I always got a girl chicken sandwich.
Speaker 9: When you say boiled burger, are you talking about like a frozen burger burger patty that they just it's like making or is it just a meat ball?
Speaker 4: No, it was a hamburger.
Speaker 2: Do you fry it? Basically?
Speaker 4: You know you boil it, Matt, it was like a sloppy Joe. Oh so it's ground beef, but it's not. That's not a burger.
Speaker 3: That's a sloppy.
Speaker 4: Joe without the sloppy Joe sauce on it.
Speaker 2: But people loved them interesting.
Speaker 3: So it was literally ground beef on a burger, which is incredibly i'd imagine incredibly hard to.
Speaker 4: Eat, just like eating a sloppy Joe, but you don't have the sauce to correct.
Speaker 3: But part of a sloppy Joe is in the name. You want to get a little sloppy, Like if I eat a sloppy Joe, I don't want it all to stay on the bun.
Speaker 4: So when I was going to college, the bowling alley was right where the med Express or met expresses. Oh you can get cheap there, Steve.
Speaker 2: Get that fucking place going forever.
Speaker 3: Wait, wait, question for you guys. Do you put cheese on your sloppy Joe's.
Speaker 4: I don't like sloppy Joe's to start with.
Speaker 3: Of course, typical rapids guy. I've never stick that nose up. Get off your high horse. My god, I never tried it, but I would. So you've never had a sloppy Joe with cheese?
Speaker 2: No, but I would try it.
Speaker 3: Put cheese on it. I get a lot of black for that. No, not your cheese. You give me that craft, single.
Speaker 2: Son of a bitch.
Speaker 4: The artificial cheese.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a game changer. Why would you? Cheese makes everything better?
Speaker 2: You're not wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean there's probably some things that doesn't. But I'm not gonna go down that.
Speaker 5: Hey that that could be someone's kink though, we don't think shame here unless that is your kink?
Speaker 4: Shit, are you.
Speaker 3: Show me the search history?
Speaker 2: Christine says cheese belongs on sloppy Joe.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Christine. Okay, all right, next one, this is about the weather. Cool, We've done, We're done. This is for all you Christmas lovers out there that say, oh I love the winter, you know in the holiday season. Well, guess what guess that's what follows the holiday season. Fucking negative forty.
Speaker 4: Who pissed off mother nature? Bitch, So it'll take a look with you.
Speaker 3: It could have been me the summer, bitching that it was too hot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not You's take a look at the weather here on the Beerbally Sports Radio Network.
Speaker 2: Temperatures today are going to be fucking cold.
Speaker 5: High today it was a minus sixth We got down to a low of minus twenty six fields negative thirty five. Don't feel like a negative thirty five. The winds were coming out of the northwest about twenty five to thirty five miles an hour and they kept going throughout most of the day.
Speaker 2: Did stop. We do have extreme cold weather warning.
Speaker 5: It is what you want to call it, severe threat to life or even property. The what dangerous cold winds wind chills as low as sixty below where portions of north central Northwest and north central Minnesota and northeast and southeast north Dakota when until noon Sunday, impacts are gonna be just cold cold wind shiells as lows of fifty five below zero could cause frost bite.
Speaker 2: Exposed skins in the little ass five.
Speaker 3: Minutes, meteorologist Matt, thank you very much. I have a meteorology question. Yeah, it's about the wind. Okay, when you said the northeast wind, does that mean it's coming from the northeast and northeast just.
Speaker 4: Coming from the northeast, so that means northeast to southwest.
Speaker 3: Okay, that was my question.
Speaker 4: The weather Channel app says the current real feel is negative fifty one.
Speaker 2: Jesus oh, Dirk dark ak his fucking So.
Speaker 4: It's just to a point where cold is cold. It doesn't it doesn't blow zeros.
Speaker 3: So Matt, does that mean I'm getting hazard pay for coming here tonight?
Speaker 2: You get a hazard high five.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll see you guys next time.
Speaker 4: Blogging off, then Matt has his old p s a podium he got on today bring your dogs inside.
Speaker 3: Oh dude, crazy crazy work by him on Facebook today. I thought the same, and hey, I want all dogs to stay alive too. But that is just crazy crazy work out of you.
Speaker 4: I give him ship all the time about stay in your lane, buddy, Yeah, like.
Speaker 3: You're running a fucking sports podcast. Not look at you, dog father of the Year over there.
Speaker 2: I love dogs more than anything else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everyone does, except cat people who you can't trust me.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 4: Cat people are not in the right minds.
Speaker 2: Cool Sushi says would be solid crafts singles make weather make the weather feel a little warm, little I don't know who said that.
Speaker 4: Would a solid craft singles make the weather feel a little weather? Huh?
Speaker 3: Come again English?
Speaker 4: That looks like Matt wrote that.
Speaker 3: Oh fuck off, you're not giving them like a good one or now we don't want to do the button bar.
Speaker 2: Okay, there you go. Sorry, I read the next one. I came through.
Speaker 4: So Matt's friend over in Grand Forks, Matt asp c a Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: So this is a this is a me thing. I love so deer seasons like my hunting season, favorite season of the year because I'm always too busy and I don't hunt. You know, when everyone posts their picture they're bucking stuff. I will go on Instagram and tag Peta and be like, can we please stop the senseless murder of these beautiful woodland creatures? Like I spend my entire fall just tagging Peta, to the point where I'm pretty sure if I do it one more time, they might block me. You're like holding up a picture of a fish. It's like, look at this. They just stole this fish from its environment.
Speaker 2: Cool, So she did clarify.
Speaker 5: Clarify what a good craft single make the weather feel just a little less cold?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it's hardening your arteries up. So gotcha, bitch.
Speaker 3: I didn't know where you were going with that. I didn't know.
Speaker 4: That's why Matt has his blue choo.
Speaker 5: Don't don't eat him, don't need them.
Speaker 3: That was a quick response, shameless plug, thanks asshole, shameless plug. The Blue choose sponsor us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, you knows xactly what your sponsor. You know exactly what he was fucking doing.
Speaker 3: That's good. I don't have one on you. You don't have one in your pocket right now.
Speaker 2: See, don't you.
Speaker 3: Don't show me your pockets, you freak no under This paddle got brought out tonight.
Speaker 4: So he was telling us the other day that he did something over there, and I was like, oh, that's why there was Buck's not on the ceiling. Again, I didn't do that.
Speaker 3: I'll what in the world is going on?
Speaker 4: I should we go to fucking break because really, like we got we got him rattled.
Speaker 2: I'm so fucking rattled right now, all right, So let's go to break. When we come back.
Speaker 5: We're gonna do misconnections Wiskipedia, and we're gonna do our NFL picked as well too, So we back in just a few minutes. Don't go on where we're right back and listen to be really spoots.
Speaker 4: If I hear yamovie there one more time, I'm going to yamo burn this place to the ground.
Speaker 10: You're listening to it a beer Belly Sports there, don't you know? They continued to be the semipro the sports dooc world. Hey Brews, why are you loading your recliner, a TV and a fridge into your truck?
Speaker 8: Because I just saved one hundred bucks at home Choice in Bumigie, use the promo code BBS as in Beer Belly Sports.
Speaker 2: Hold up, you actually use a promo code.
Speaker 8: Heck yeah, mentioned beer Belly Sports in store and boom, one hundred bucks off your items.
Speaker 2: I'm heading there right now.
Speaker 5: Do they sell cager raiders?
Speaker 8: Oh, They've got everything, furniture, appliances, electronics, you name it.
Speaker 4: Head to home choice in Bomigie today, use promo code BBS or beer Belly Sports in store to get one hundred dollars off your purchase.
Speaker 11: This is Lewis from the nobn Kettle Restaurant and Lounge, where we serve our smoked prime rim Wednesday through Saturday night along with our maid from scratch soups and desserts. Come enjoy one of our delicious appetizers like our smoke and poppers or our Walleye bites dipped in our own housemade batter and served with our signature tartar sauce. On Thursday evenings, you can enjoy live music with Lois two miles east of it Taska State Park on Highway seventy one. We're open noon to nine Wednesday through Saturday, and we're ready to serve you. The Knob and Kettle Restaurant your prime destination.
Speaker 1: Take your next gathering legendary with Herbert and Gerbert's catering. Why settle for the ordinary when you can have extraordinary SUPs and sides this holiday season. Take the worry out of your meal planning with Erbert and Gerbert's Colossus boxes, giant soups, creamy mac and cheese and sides. It'll make everybody smiley. Big groups, small groups, hungry groups. Take catered to the ball. Unwrap the flavor with Erbert and Gerbert this season and call it in or order online to make your holiday extra delicious. Herbert and Gibberts on the corner of fifteen ten Vimagi Avenue.
Speaker 8: Are you a fan of Minnesota sports? Do you need some Minnesota gear? If those are both a yes, go to sodastick dot com to get your original Minnesota inspired goods. If you haven't seen this stuff yet, you gotta check it out. One of my favorites design is the Minnesota Moon by Randy Moss or the John Randall Hatton I'm actually wearing right now. All of their upail is designed and screenprinted here in Minnesota on super Soft supercomfany shirts and hoodies.
Speaker 3: You'll love it.
Speaker 8: We're going to hook you up with fifteen percent off your next order. Use the promo code beer Belly one word for fifteen percent off. That is a sodastick dot com designed by Minnesotan's for Minnesotans. Code beer Belly for fifteen percent off your next order.
Speaker 4: So we're just gonna wing it.
Speaker 2: There's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens.
Speaker 4: Now, let's see what happens.
Speaker 10: So is that beer Belly Sports podcast?
Speaker 4: Welcome back to the Matt's favorite portion of the show, the game portion of the show. I am Scott Wilson. To my left is Himming Minnesota's own Travis Krut. To my right is Matt, Sarah McLaughlin, Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: Better than Angelica. Oh I got it for the god damn it. In the.
Speaker 3: Those commercials used to make me cry.
Speaker 4: I fucking hate I would instantly change like.
Speaker 3: The dog with one eye just sad, sitting on her lap.
Speaker 4: With the chain on it or whatever and just giving you the sad eyes.
Speaker 3: I mean what I mean, good for them, right, but they're doing it shame.
Speaker 4: They're trying to shame guilt into donating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, such a hey, such a big dog guy himself like he like, he says, right, how many times you donated.
Speaker 4: Both his well, Jack and whiskey were both rescues.
Speaker 3: Right, but how many times have you donated a SPCA.
Speaker 4: He's got three sweatshirts in his closet. You don't know, you don't know, really, that's the one you picked. Button bar is not on point. My god, we got flustered.
Speaker 3: Yeah we do, Yeah, we do.
Speaker 5: Well, don't worry because we have the best part of the show is right now, all.
Speaker 4: Right, why don't we jump right on into it.
Speaker 1: Never have an awkward encounter with the supermarkets and don't know where else to turn searching for love on the Internet. It's time for missed connections with Matt Jeffrey.
Speaker 5: All right, so the first one it is in Orlando. Hey, this is definitely a long shot dot dot dot.
Speaker 2: But to the well.
Speaker 5: Dressed young gentleman riding slash drawing a cough at a coffee shop earlier today one p seventeen, some time between one and three pm, Hey, I thought you were really cute and I saw you looking at me too, but it was awkward to approach you since I was there with a friend. I promise I'm not normally that loud. If you think you think you think I'm talking about you, drop the name of the cafe below and I'll verify.
Speaker 2: Would love to chat.
Speaker 4: My brother must be listening to the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, brilliant, brilliant.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, yeah, I mean again, I just will never understand these people that go on Reddit to do this, like, hey, they're shooting.
Speaker 4: A shot, especially Bruce's favorite. You work at the Red Lops. Yeah, so back there.
Speaker 3: But it's like you're at a coffee shop, you're fine, and you're losing your ship over a guy sitting there and drawing, Like, that's just not my cup of tea. Personally, I like, I like more of an athletic oh a far got it, but uh yeah, I like more of an athletic cut you know guy myself. So that doesn't what else you know? I just if I saw someone drawing in a coffee shop, I'd be like, are you do you not have a home?
Speaker 4: Did you not pay your electric bill? Draw at home?
Speaker 7: Herd?
Speaker 5: Next one in Billingham. This might be a long shot. Dot do always is, always is. But I met a guy at Barkley Hagen last Friday night. We we first ran into each other in the in the cole brew eye, then sell check out. Then you asked me in a parking lot if I was single. I got nervous and lied and said no.
Speaker 2: Uugh.
Speaker 5: Anyways, well, I'm writing this to see if maybe you're on here and if there's a possibility for me for a do over.
Speaker 4: Okay, Jim, I was wearing Wow, I was.
Speaker 5: Wearing pretty unique shirt and if you could tell me what it was, I love to give you my number.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 3: This is such a chick thing too, because think about it. Guy asks are you single? Girl goes no posts on Reddit and then goes, if you can tell me what shirt I'm wearing, pen, I'll give you my number.
Speaker 2: Wow, oh man, never.
Speaker 3: That, And first off, I thought the place was a bar, not a grocery store until you said a cold brew asle.
Speaker 4: Are they gonna waft some bread?
Speaker 5: Oh fucking brilliant. That's one of the greatest ones of all time. It's Connections one, seventeen twenty six. This is for the young lady wearing a Bill's Beanie by the way, it's in Albany, New York, wearing a Bill's Beanie who was at the Big D's barbecue earlier this afternoon, around four fifteen or so. I hope you enjoyed your meal. Thank you for the brief conversation. It was a pleasure speaking with you. You have one of the most warmest and prettiest smiles I've ever seen. If you happen to see this and would like to continue that conversation, feel free to reach out.
Speaker 3: Do you know how many ladies that were wearing Bills Beanies or yet day are just relax absolutely they're reading rockets and going like, Wow, I did something right.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, I want to reach out to him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, next one. Fucking I hate this segment, but I love it.
Speaker 2: I do too.
Speaker 5: This is in High Valley, Lehigh Valley, Little Caesar's, Little Caesar's Misconnection, Little Seas, Little Seas, and ready.
Speaker 2: This is probably hot, ready to do.
Speaker 5: The women had Little Caesars on Unit Boulevard in Alan Town. I'm regretting not asking it for your name. I don't even know if you're single, but but you were pretty.
Speaker 2: But sorry, you were so pretty.
Speaker 5: I only even I only ever had one other moment of regretting not asking for a name or a number.
Speaker 2: This is the second one.
Speaker 5: We only exchange a few words, but I just keep kicking myself or not saying more.
Speaker 2: I hope to run into you again, a true gentleman. Yeahlemen who said chivalry is dead?
Speaker 4: Brilliant?
Speaker 2: That's good. My god, what a guy.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine finding the love of your life in Little Caesars.
Speaker 4: She's always hot and ready.
Speaker 2: Always hot and ready. Here goes. I want to write that one.
Speaker 4: Nolly reading stuff.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess it depends where you're located.
Speaker 2: I never know. The Minsion pass Next, Oh, what do you mean? Are you looking for love in all the right places and Little Caesars?
Speaker 3: I can't say I've been to Little Caesar since college.
Speaker 4: Here I had those seas better owns.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I knew that. I knew that.
Speaker 1: I just.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It's not I'm not a huge like I'm gonna go get a pizza guy right, Like, if I want a pizza, it's probably it's probably in between the hours of eleven forty five PM and two am, and I'm ordering.
Speaker 2: The Central Standard, Central Standard time.
Speaker 4: Some stuff, cheesy bread.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, my Domino's points are ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Shame alright, Next one, this one's in Brainerd. Now with the Minnesota stuff. C K. I got a new truck, wondering if you want to go for a ride.
Speaker 4: See see if it holds up?
Speaker 2: Or sorry, hold a capital up? Hell for for over an hour?
Speaker 3: Question mark A come on, he's just giving himself way too much credit.
Speaker 4: That's you're just sitting there up for disappointment.
Speaker 2: There been there.
Speaker 3: If you would have said, like seven minutes, I would have been like, hell, yeah.
Speaker 2: Heaven you guys ever did that when your kids? What seven minutes in heaven? No?
Speaker 3: Sorry, I was busy doing literally anything else.
Speaker 2: Sorry. Wow, anyway, I'm.
Speaker 3: The door going into a closet with other second, good god, were you doing in South Dakota as a child.
Speaker 2: At each other and sock center? Hey? Where are you?
Speaker 5: Where are you?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry?
Speaker 5: Sorry, I miss kid. I missed the bananas and the banana pudding that you always brought me.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 3: I think that's code for something. And I'm just I'm I'm no detective here, but just throwing it out there. I have a hunch it's.
Speaker 2: A little one. Uh, next one, A little hunch.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's what she said she loved to uh.
Speaker 2: In South Saint Paul, who are you?
Speaker 3: I don't know?
Speaker 2: Are you telling me? Are you? That was good? That was really good?
Speaker 6: Good?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean, Matt, you went.
Speaker 4: Off pitch right with harmonize damn it.
Speaker 5: In South Saint Paul, after I parked my BMW must be nice rich pitch you know shit, and got out, you approached me to tell me what a beautiful hat I was wearing.
Speaker 4: I think I was gonna say, you parked like an asshool.
Speaker 2: That's that too.
Speaker 5: You were you were and a gentleman of the seventy and eight of seventy and eighty, who was nicely dressed. And I want and I would love to get to know you if you happen to see this. So they're what I think it is.
Speaker 4: So did she say he was a gentleman in the age of seventy to eighties?
Speaker 2: Gentlemen of seventy eighty?
Speaker 5: So I'm thinking there's only a strip joint down in the South Saint Paul area.
Speaker 2: It's called King of Diamonds.
Speaker 3: Have you been No, I was just gonna say, full of shit.
Speaker 2: No, I haven't.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm throwing the bullshit card.
Speaker 2: Fine, you want all ship Jesus God. Uh, No, I have not been down there.
Speaker 4: Have you ever been to DejaVu?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I have not bullshit and that's it from his connections fuckers.
Speaker 3: I mean you know you've been to that establishment.
Speaker 2: I've been by it. I live in Southfolkore.
Speaker 4: We need to pause the show. I need to go out and get my chest waiters, because the bullshit is getting deep right now? Please no, oh, Matthew Angelica. All right, so it is time for Wiskipedia. It's been a while, so we've done with.
Speaker 2: I'm excited for this.
Speaker 4: So do you know what Wiskipedia is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know you're gonna ask me stuff. I'm gonna know the question.
Speaker 4: All right, you get to go hang out with Kennedy.
Speaker 2: She stills.
Speaker 3: That's actually good because I got a pee. Anyways, perfect time for you.
Speaker 4: Watch when you walk into the bathroom. There may be exposed nails, so you don't rip your shirt.
Speaker 3: Funny enough, I wore one of my favorite shirts here one time. Sorry, and that happened really And you know I didn't bring it up because it was my fault, right, I'm kind of and I've never brought it up until now. But maddles me a shirt, dumb ass. That was bullshit too.
Speaker 2: I was pissed because the hole was big too, showing me brisk got one too, brand new shirt. Yeah yeah, he's like God damn. He had probably grabbed the hammer and pound it back. He close the door. We just move like everything else. Thank you.
Speaker 5: Anyways, So tell So let's tell people what Wiskeypedia is about.
Speaker 4: So Wiskipedia is just general knowledge trivia ship that I come up with to see how bad I can stump Bruce and Matt and Dustin and.
Speaker 2: Or whoever's here, like Prince George.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's fun.
Speaker 2: George, Prince, sorry back Prince George.
Speaker 4: George, we miss you, come visit and anyways, So just general trivia. Matt gets mad because they make him look like a fool. And to the point where Matt's like, why are we making Matt and Bruce by the way, Matt and Bruce go, why are we making the guy with two college degrees ask us to trivia questions? Why don't we have him do it?
Speaker 2: Anyway?
Speaker 4: So this is gonna be one one of the trivia questions I asked over a year ago. All right, there's ten on this list. I'll cut it down to five. All right, are you ready, Matthew, Yes, sir, I'll do my best. Alrighty, how many yards are in a mile?
Speaker 2: Yards in a mile? Let's do three thousand, four hundred.
Speaker 4: And fifty seventeen sixty.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a lot. Damn okay, way.
Speaker 4: Off, alrighty, so you're over alright.
Speaker 2: The goal is for Bruce and I at least get one.
Speaker 4: Bruce gott eighty percent that one day. He was so fucking excited, he was pumped.
Speaker 2: He I think I got I think had eighty percent once too.
Speaker 4: And question number two, number two, this eye color is actually a genetic mutation.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know, I've heard of this. It's been so long a since he's done these.
Speaker 4: That's why I figured I could recurgitate some of these.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Albino's something I don't know.
Speaker 4: Blue eyes, oh ship, let me you know two? Question number three, what is the longest river in the world.
Speaker 5: I feel like, oh, you stumped us this one because I because we all said a nile. But I think that's it though, And it's not the Mississippi. I can't think into the river. No, at the Congo River, the Amazon Amazon.
Speaker 4: That's what I got. It was the Nile.
Speaker 2: For god, damn it. Matthew, whoa show bro?
Speaker 4: Alrighty sticking with Egypt. Okay, here's a true and false question. Cleopatra's reign was closer to the invention of the iPhone then the construction of the Great Pyramid. True or false?
Speaker 2: True?
Speaker 4: That is true. Remember that one Herrain was roughly two thousand years before the iPhone was invented, but over twenty five hundred years after the Great Pyramid was constructed.
Speaker 2: Fucking crazy, right, all right?
Speaker 4: In question number five, famous Chicago gangster al Capone was found to have what disease when admitted to Alcatraz.
Speaker 2: Jacko boo, what's wrong baby? Um all tis all times or whatever?
Speaker 4: Fuck syphilis.
Speaker 2: Damn the clap that'll happened.
Speaker 4: Alrighty, I'll go get trapped, you go get.
Speaker 5: Them anyways, thank you for listening here on the Beerboy Sports Show and also on the Bribery Sports Radio Network. We have plenty of shows as well too, and plus on our you can let them out to Scott. Be careful that door handle, all right, if you wants to go out, he can, but he does. He doesn't look like he wants to. But yeah, I think you're listening to Beer Really Sports right now. Network can also on the Berberally Sports We do have all of our social as well.
Speaker 2: To go to Facebook.
Speaker 5: If you're on Facebook, we are streaming live. If you were just wondering, don't let him out too long, Scott. So that's I'm saying. H Yeah, well they're gonna bitch and wine a little bit. Yeah for for Beer Really Sports. We're on all of our social Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and yeah, we're doing a live pretty much every.
Speaker 2: Like on the Silver Bullets, Uh silver Bolt Show, we do the same and.
Speaker 3: Every Tuesday we're gonna do every other every other Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Tuesday.
Speaker 3: By the way, Kennedy was absolutely jamming out there.
Speaker 2: I heard earlier banger Yeah, but I heard Your.
Speaker 3: Love is My Drug by Kasha, which I enjoyed, and followed up by Sexy Back by j T and straight Fire over. I enjoyed my time out there, to be honest, and it was. It was fun to listen to those.
Speaker 2: Good do you feel better? Get to go potty jack? Yeah? Do you feel better?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: He's gotta let you out?
Speaker 3: All right, I'm gonna be probably listening to Kesha on my entire Well you send me that earlier of you, Are you kidding me? Does it look like that's not a bad snap to receive? I'm not getting all fired up. I was listening to You and I by Lady.
Speaker 2: Gaga's song alrighty.
Speaker 4: I gotta find his music real quick. Al right already, Question number one? How many yards are in a mile?
Speaker 3: What the start that that? Have you seen the Nate Bargatski BARGETSI like SNL would you break when he's when he's a George Washington like in personing George Washington coming over and he's like, and we'll use our own system of measurements and like rattling off and.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, I've seen that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that was one of them. How many yards are in a mile? So yep?
Speaker 4: How was your math?
Speaker 6: Not?
Speaker 2: Not great?
Speaker 3: Because I always forget how many feet are in a mile?
Speaker 4: Because that was.
Speaker 3: So that means you divide that by three? Correct, And I can't do that math off the top of my head. But so more than a thousand, yes, less than two thousand. I'm gonna go sixteen.
Speaker 4: Hundred seventeen to sixteen. I mean that was you were a lot closer than Matt said three thousand.
Speaker 3: I guess I was simple logic. I even walked you right through that one.
Speaker 4: Alrighty. Question number two, This eye color is actually a genetic mutation blue. That is correct.
Speaker 3: I have blue eyes. I'm an alien.
Speaker 4: Alrighty. Question number three? What is the longest river.
Speaker 2: In the world?
Speaker 3: Amazon? What nile?
Speaker 4: Alright? Question number four? This is a true and false or true or false? Cleopatra's reign was closer to the invention of the iPhone than the construction of the Great Pyramid. True, that is true.
Speaker 3: That was so obvious that it was true because you're just pulling dates.
Speaker 2: Out of yours.
Speaker 4: That was I've seen that on different So her rain was roughly two thousand years before the iPhone was invented, but over twenty five hundred years after the Great Pyramid was built.
Speaker 2: Allegedly legend.
Speaker 4: It's all here said, all right, and question number five. Famous Chicago gangster al Capone was found to have what disease when admitted to Alcatraz.
Speaker 3: Now, wait, I have some speculations.
Speaker 4: No, it was actually confirmed diagnosis.
Speaker 3: No, I have speculations on my own of what one it could be, and I don't know enough about him. Was it similar to a conversation we had not too long ago?
Speaker 4: Was it regarding this one here?
Speaker 2: Was it on a current show or a recent show? Oh?
Speaker 3: I asked Scott the very first time. Who who it was? Freddie Elton? Oh, it's not that though. We're gonna go with Louke Gerrigg's disease.
Speaker 4: It is the clap No shit, yeah, A lot of people he was undiagnosed with it for so long. A lot of people say that's why he as he got older, deteriorated so fast.
Speaker 3: It doesn't too noted, really.
Speaker 4: And that's why they have an I.
Speaker 2: Didn't mean it.
Speaker 3: I didn't mean it like that. You took that so out of context.
Speaker 2: The more you know, the more you know. No, no, no for you.
Speaker 4: Since you're a movie buff, I have a bonus question for it.
Speaker 3: Sure, a legend movie buff.
Speaker 4: This nineteen ninety seven Kevin Costner film before I was born. You've probably seen it, though, So this nineteen ninety seven Kevin Costner film is set in a post global conflict world and features a cameo by Tom Petty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, uh post a hawked a lip yep, Kevin Kosser, Is he playing baseball in the movie this one?
Speaker 2: He does not?
Speaker 3: Then, I haven't seen it. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I can I take guess you probably read it.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't read. I was trying to read it through things, but I didn't see it. Even if he read it, he won't know. Those words are probably big. No, I forget that he's in water with fantastic film.
Speaker 4: By the way, it gets a lot of hate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was good, and no, I think it's fantastic.
Speaker 4: I think that was his directorial debut and it went way over budget. The movie in question was The Postman, Never Seen, never seen, a great movie. But he doesn't play baseball. No, No, I don't want to watch a costume movie. That was wiskipedia. So he got too right.
Speaker 3: But I was closer than man on I one price is right rules.
Speaker 4: He went over, Okay, which one did you get right?
Speaker 2: The true? False?
Speaker 4: True?
Speaker 2: That is yes, yes, that is true.
Speaker 5: All right, Scott, It's time to our picks and do every whe you guys want to write them down.
Speaker 2: It would be great.
Speaker 3: Good handwriting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: You do blessing and a curse. If you ever need anyone to write out your Christmas cards, don't.
Speaker 4: Call me when you get married. If you ever get married, your wife's gonna make you write.
Speaker 2: Is this a NOS?
Speaker 3: And do they still make nos?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: They do.
Speaker 2: They have a grape and they have the youth no like I.
Speaker 3: Want the original stuff infurious.
Speaker 2: Yeah they still do.
Speaker 3: But you know the cool part about NOS was in the original cans they were bottles actually, and they have like the twist things that actually looks like a can of noss.
Speaker 4: Matthew, what does NOOS stand for?
Speaker 2: Real nitrogen oxygen?
Speaker 3: That's nitrous oxide? Okay, something nitrous ox side thing.
Speaker 2: For a systems stuff something.
Speaker 4: I always thought it was just nitrous ockside.
Speaker 2: What's the aperc table for it. What nerd.
Speaker 5: Anyways, we're doing our picks, so I don't have everybody picks yet. I don't have Bruce's, I don't have Dustin's. Scott will do our picks here. I'll do my picks and then Sam will probably do his picks later to Scott. But I do have James, and I not James. I do have Justin and Vincent's man, so you can do all the picks.
Speaker 2: Just do you find it gut.
Speaker 4: Instead of putting n two. Oh, they just did it as n os.
Speaker 3: It's just so okay, But the so it should have been a two real, that would have been great, you know, if it was a two instead of an ass.
Speaker 4: But then it'd be then it'd be. But that wouldn't be right though, because H two O is two parts hydrogen, one part oxygen and two O and because it's nitrous. Die.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look at us getting scientific doors.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I can learn to read before you call me a door.
Speaker 2: You're right, but put down Justin and Vince as well. I did, Okay, Well.
Speaker 3: You said Vincent, so I wrote down Vincent.
Speaker 2: Okay, that works too.
Speaker 4: We didn't get anything from Dustin or Bruce no, we did not.
Speaker 5: That's what I said earlier too. But we'll do our picks and then when they want to they can chime in. So let's quickly do our picks. I don't have a a rundown of the recap for overall, but I know too well, yeah you are. We all know you're dead last, and that happens, and that happens, so it's okay. Anyways, I have it right here in the lead. Is that from It's from Dustin?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that was not also the Miami and Indiana Game two because Miami won.
Speaker 4: Well that's we're just doing the NFL picks.
Speaker 2: No, that's going to all of them.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, then Dustin didn't update or something. He just said, whoever picked Miami, he got the spread, which would be done Bruce and I for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh no. YouTube the Silver Bowl guy said Indiana.
Speaker 3: I said Indiana by twenty four.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize how good because Miami Miami was they the spread wasn't covered, so Miami won.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, anyways, all right, so let's take a look at the picks.
Speaker 5: First one, we're gonna do the New England Patriots taking on the bo Nicks less Denver Broncos. Right now, the New England Patriots are fair by four and a half points on Better Edge, Scott, what.
Speaker 2: Do you get on Better Edge?
Speaker 4: Put that promo code in BBS and get twenty dollars when you sign up go online in the app, get twenty bucks. Grease on us when you sign.
Speaker 2: Up Better edge dot com app as well too.
Speaker 4: Literally just said that we've just thrown out there.
Speaker 2: Umm, first game?
Speaker 3: Are you even listening?
Speaker 2: No, I'm trying to focus. Uh So the Patriots are favored by four and a half points, Travis, is when?
Speaker 3: No, I want to go last?
Speaker 2: I want to go last? Is this as of today, as of this when I sent this is when I did.
Speaker 4: It, so as of six o'clock tonight? Yes, okay, all right, Um, I am going with the Patriots. If Bonix had not gotten hurt, I would have picked the Broncos. But I am going with the Patriots.
Speaker 3: And the Patriots are favored by four and a half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well can you write that into dude, just book four and a half minus four and a half.
Speaker 5: I want to say the Patriots as well. I think they're just gonna kick the ship out of the Broncos. I don't think that's I don't know what the weather forecast is yet for this, because that it does play a factor. It is it is in Denver, could see a very interesting game. Yeah, okay, Justin's gonna go with the Patriots.
Speaker 2: Okay, and Vince is gonna go with the Patriots as well.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of people aren't giving the Broncos.
Speaker 3: I'm going with the Broncos. I am, I am, And here's why it's playoff football. You know, the Broncos.
Speaker 4: Obviously took a hit any given Sunday.
Speaker 3: Any given Sunday is right. I don't think they're gonna win. But I think the Patriots are gonna win on the last second.
Speaker 4: Field goal that would cover the spread.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying, Like I I just they got to prepare for Jared Jared Stidham.
Speaker 4: Hey, he was the heir to Tom Brady at like remember that picture ESPN put out a him sitting on the throne.
Speaker 3: Yes, crazy work by them. You know, they they swing and miss every now and again. But uh no, I truly think that it's gonna be a battle. I don't think the Patriots are gonna cake walk and the Patriots aren't battle tested like a lot of other playoff teams.
Speaker 4: Right now they are.
Speaker 3: They have the easiest schedule in the NFL.
Speaker 4: They are fourteen and three overall and eight and zero on the road.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 3: They haven't played anybody, so, I mean they beat the Bills on the road. I was there for that, but that's the Bills were kind of fraudulent, not fraudulent this year, just banged up and not as good as they have been in years past.
Speaker 4: Oh one thing, speaking football, one thing we didn't discuss b flow.
Speaker 2: All right, people back the Bikes. I want to bet I say it's gonna come back as the defense coordinator.
Speaker 4: Which there is a stick yet. So there's a stipulation to his contract extension that if he gets a head coaching offer, he's going to take that. But if it's not a head coaching offer, he's coming back to Minnesota. Okay, I mean good because he basically wanted to From what Dustin and Bruce were telling us, he basically wanted to tell like Washington in Dallas, and I don't want a lateral move. I only wanted to Yeah, And.
Speaker 3: Honestly I saw today the Chargers DC left uhere took.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because now you've got.
Speaker 3: But like, why would you if you're already highly touted as a DC doing something like you're doing in Minnesota with a core you obviously like working with and built, there's really no reason for you to leave for another DC job unless it would lead to a promotion.
Speaker 4: That's what I said last night when we were talking about I said, if Minnesota were smart and they want to keep Flores here, name him assistant head coach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or associate right coach or whatever, and you know, like put some of that with a big pay momp. I bet with that title.
Speaker 4: But if you don't want to lose him, yeah, no, I yeah.
Speaker 2: I think smart agree. I think smart that way.
Speaker 4: That way, because what happens if Dallas said, we want you to be d C, but we're going to make you HC too. You know that gives him some incentive to.
Speaker 3: But I don't know how much that they really care about that associate head coach tag. And you don't see that a lot in well, actually you never see that in professional sports a whole lot. Wasn't you see it more in college? You see it more in college where an assistant coach will get the associate head coach tag, but they're still an assistant.
Speaker 5: Coach because I see I see playing like in college, like the quarterback's coach is like the interim head.
Speaker 4: Coach the takeover fired.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but still the next in line.
Speaker 4: The interim is when you're acting as but you haven't been.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're associate. The The head guy is the head guy. You know his name's in the paper, not you. You're not getting interviewed. You just have that tag, and I really don't know what it does.
Speaker 2: Waiting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's basically saying, hey, we love you as an assistant. We really don't want you to leave. Here's a little more money because we're gonna throw this tag on you.
Speaker 5: All right, moving on, Uh, the Rams are taking on these sea chickens in Seaattle. Rams are twelve and five on the year. The Seattle Sea Chickens are fourteen and three. Seattle's favored by two and a half points.
Speaker 4: That's a close spread.
Speaker 2: It's a very close spread. Evince, it's gonna go with Seaattle.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to right this.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I there's no good way.
Speaker 3: This is too crammed. You didn't give me a big enough note sheet.
Speaker 4: Here straight there I know how was that a nerds?
Speaker 2: I don't know who I said that was?
Speaker 3: All right? Get on with the others now, I wrote the first one. Vince went with Seattle, yep, And Justin's gonna go with the Rams. Don't hate that.
Speaker 4: Who you got, Matthew, I'm.
Speaker 5: Gonna probably go with I think Seattle would probably be just to stick it like I know what's gonna happen, just a stick it to Minnesota, because that'd be fucking hilarious.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't that be great.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with Seattle.
Speaker 4: I got your boy, Matthew Stafford, Oh, it's hard to know him. Darnold's gonna fold under the pressure of the spotlight, and Stafford's gonna win this game. And since my Bills pick went out last week to Stafford is gonna win the or win the Super Bowl and right off into the sunset like man In did so.
Speaker 3: Lewis, I am also going to take the Rams here, my Rams. I've got long time, long time fan. Anyways, here's why the Patriots are beating the Broncos, right, But the NFL script you guys are forgetting, Yeah, I forget what's better? Drake may matched up in a Super Bowl with Sam Darnold, who is a.
Speaker 4: Nobody, right redemption story.
Speaker 6: Or.
Speaker 3: You get him facing an old Matthew Stafford, grizz dethroning, you know, the king of the castle right now in Matthew Stafford. I'm going Rams are going to the super Bowl. And I picked Seattle to win the Super Bowl when we did our like playoffs, like who's going to win it? But I I hate betting against Baker Mayfield and I hate betting against.
Speaker 4: Matt Stafford, the old gun slinger.
Speaker 3: I think he's got one more.
Speaker 4: The bills. Was it a catch or was it not a catch?
Speaker 3: See, that's the question because I don't even know what the fucker catches nowhere.
Speaker 4: In the NFL, because you had a lot of fans will say you had the identical play the next.
Speaker 3: Day exactly called differently. But if you ask Gene Sterotor wherever the fuck he's at right now.
Speaker 4: Oh, he didn't have possession of it. So it basically and the guy picks up.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 3: You know, a catch seems like a pretty basic concept in the grand scheme of things, But my god, does the NFL make it so fucking hard.
Speaker 2: So, but I.
Speaker 3: I think it was it was I think it was?
Speaker 2: But I again, what do I know?
Speaker 3: Did I have a couple of cocktails?
Speaker 5: That what?
Speaker 4: I was getting drunk in the fish house?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: See I can. I'm already legally blind without my glasses. I wasn't wearing them that night. What do I know?
Speaker 2: We we at beat ups? No, No, I thinks they may snap your beat ups.
Speaker 3: No, I was into luth Oh yeah, I was into luth So yeah, hanging out on Superior Street, canal you go to Togas.
Speaker 4: I've never heard of that Saratoga saga.
Speaker 3: No, I was like, what, Yeah, that must be the nineteen ninety eight fucking showing right there.
Speaker 2: All right, So that's our picks. We'll have the rest of the guys later on.
Speaker 3: They have frownie faces for no.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's such for them. They had a couple of hours to pick.
Speaker 4: What are we at for showtime?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 2: Our forty three were acting up pretty good. Back's pretty brassed, But that means a show though.
Speaker 4: Because it's fucking cold, let me sturpidly cold, get on forward, pass here and start my pickup. I would you learn today, Matt?
Speaker 2: I learned today that you guys allegedly think I have Blue two two boles.
Speaker 5: I one of my friends who uh snapped me and said they're going to keep track of how many times we say allegedly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's Dustin and I were doing that last week.
Speaker 2: I really love it.
Speaker 3: I would say twice over, I'd hammer the over on two and a half.
Speaker 4: Probably, oh, he's easily within five minutes of two. But yeah, I learned that Matt did not like it when we called him a spa.
Speaker 3: No, I did not.
Speaker 4: That was pretty funny.
Speaker 2: Christy, I'm yeah, that's fine. Now it's fine. We got a lot of we do have a lot of show titles to go through and figure it out.
Speaker 3: When we were like, we have fifteen minutes because I started my car, we'll go ahead. I learned that, uh, Matt was not on point with the button.
Speaker 4: Board today, the producer was not producing.
Speaker 3: No, And you know, I just also learned that he gives himself way more credit for clicking those buttons.
Speaker 4: Then, oh, that's that's where the narcissist attitude comes out.
Speaker 3: Okay, now we're name Colin. You know it rude, but no, he you did hurt his feelings a couple of times tonight, and I'm not gonna apologize.
Speaker 4: There was one time he was being bad and I was like, dude, you're being a total narcissist. Or he's He's like, no, I'm being egotistical.
Speaker 3: Dude, such a narcissistic thing to say. That's what I said, Like, no, no, I wasn't being an narcissist. I'm being egotistical. You gas lit. You were trying to gaslight him.
Speaker 4: Shut the fuck up, guys.
Speaker 2: Anyways, Hey, breaking news.
Speaker 5: Beale Trammon County will join nine other district courts and offering free Valentine Day weddings.
Speaker 2: Sick, I've out there plan no fuck no, hell no fuck that.
Speaker 3: Did you buy the ring already or just another pack of blue shoo?
Speaker 2: Damn?
Speaker 3: Anyway, Valentine's Day is going to be a special day one way another.
Speaker 4: That's Matt's favorite holiday.
Speaker 2: Hate that if you story.
Speaker 3: I know I've heard this story your ninth grade girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Today shows being brought to you by.
Speaker 3: Seventh Avenue Pizza Pizza before it was trendy. Find it out your local circle k.
Speaker 4: Holiday No continue the beautiful Nobbing Kettle restaurant located down in Lake Alice, Minnesota. Check them out for the best prime rib in the area.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Also being brought to by Urban Gerbets here but Meiji, it is soup season. That's fucking cold outside, so get some Urban Gerberts. Get that soup, get that pickle with your sandwich right now.
Speaker 4: Also Paul Bunyon Communications, probably powering the Beer Belly Sports radio network with the Gigazon Gigazo.
Speaker 5: Also being brought to by Soda Stick Get fifteen percent off right now. We'll use a promo code beer Belly fifteen percent off of sodasick dot Com.
Speaker 2: Also being brought to by Home Choice right here by Meiji.
Speaker 5: Get you need some appliances, you need some uh, furniture or anything like that, Go to to the store here of Bmiji for Home Choice and use a word and use promo code beer Belly Sports.
Speaker 3: That's new for us and also brought to you by our unofficial sponsored blue Choo. And if you need money, my god, do I know a guy?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: This was onside of Geneios when it was almost the words right, great, you keep you sickings get bye?
Speaker 4: No, why can't they do numbers like that?
Speaker 2: We just did?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you did. It wasn't very good after all?
Speaker 5: Terrible.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening. To Beer Belly Sports. This has been a Jeffrey Productions show, so now you just know it's gotta be quality.