Speaker 1: Make us the number one preset on your car radio and on the free, new and improved iHeartRadio app. Listen for all your music radio and podcasts free Never Sounded so good.
Speaker 2: One three one Austin dot com.
Speaker 3: It's the JB and Sandy Show on Austin's eighties station What O three point one. Hey, if you want to win a thousand dollars, be listening at nine o'clock. That's your first chance today. It's coming up at nine on Austin's eighties station one oh three point one. We are taking the week off. We hope you enjoy this. From earlier this year, this might be one of the best marketing ideas I've seen in a long long time. And that is Sydney's Bathwater Bliss by Doctor Squatch. It's a men's soap brand, and what they did is shot a commercial with Sydney's Sweeney. And if you don't know who she is, guys, go ahead and look her up. You're aikeelike.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, make sure it's safe for work. Yeah, even though it's appropriate, it it feels.
Speaker 4: It feels dirty. Yeah, just looking at her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they took the water from the bath that she was taking in the commercial for Doctor Squatch and now are selling bars of soap with a drop of that bath water in it for eight bucks.
Speaker 2: A bar genius.
Speaker 4: Yeah, gross, it is gross.
Speaker 1: I mean it's I mean it's but it's genius marketing.
Speaker 2: It's a male targeted bar of soap.
Speaker 5: Right, But think about what some dudes are willing to pay for that's not just a drop of dirty bathwater in it, you know what I mean, like guys by nasty things.
Speaker 4: So this bar of soap.
Speaker 5: Used underwear, sandy gross stuff likely used.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gently used. It was an old lady. She only wore it on the weekends.
Speaker 4: Pictures of gross like.
Speaker 2: A gently used car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, imagine if they described selling women's underpants like they do.
Speaker 2: I used car, that'd be pretty funny. Low mileage, by the way.
Speaker 4: Owned by a little old lady detective coating You.
Speaker 3: A hundred lucky winners will be chosen to own their own brick made with Sydney Sweeney's very own bathwater.
Speaker 2: It's a giveaway that they're doing. I might as well enter God.
Speaker 4: You can also buy it for eight bucks.
Speaker 5: It's like a limited time that you can go online and buy them for eight bucks. It might be while supplies last kind of thing.
Speaker 1: But well, if you have been listening to the show for a while once. I think it was when she hosted SNL that Sandy you discovered her, yes, yep, you know, or she came on your radar, yeah, and it's I think that was similar for me. I didn't know who she was prior to that. I hadn't seen what she's in. I don't even know what she does for a living. I guess she's an actress. I don't know she is. But even when I was watching that SNL, I was like a little uncomfortable. It's kind of getting that same feeling I got as a boy watching Charlie's Angels.
Speaker 4: She made fe.
Speaker 3: I immediately found her on Instagram and editor into my God's Little Miracles category your category, yeah, you know, and Instagram you can like when you save a reel, you can save it and then you can create your own category.
Speaker 2: Say it. I don't know you're into accounting reels whatever.
Speaker 3: You can set up an accounting one and with all your accounting with your Excel tricks and stuff. But I have one set up that's called God's Little Miracles.
Speaker 1: Oh No, which is funny and actually this came up the other night at the hockey game, Tricia, Yeah, and he's like, oh yeah, I've got a whole category.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, what do you mean? And I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I knew you could save stuff on Instagram, I didn't know you could categorize him.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, he's got a whole older Why know God's Little Miracles, which is hysterical that like you're his wife and he's so open about his He sends them.
Speaker 4: To me periodically.
Speaker 5: I'll get a text and thinking it's just a hey, we got this to do, and I'll open it up and it's a God's Little Miracle text.
Speaker 4: Did he show any of them to you?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: Why does he share? Why do you share them with her?
Speaker 5: He's trying to get the launch, the launch sequence activating, do you know what I mean? He's stern the waters, humming the water, seeing if there's any interest.
Speaker 4: Did you Did he show any of them to you?
Speaker 1: JB. No, he just showed me. I just was curious how he did the categories. I didn't look at any of them, But.
Speaker 4: Did you ask to see any of them?
Speaker 1: Well? Okay, well one, I I know what's in there, I know what's on Instagram.
Speaker 4: I mean, I know that a bunch.
Speaker 1: Of a bunch of chicks old and young, with millions of followers because they show a lot of skin.
Speaker 2: That's what that whole platform has become. I know what's on. I've seen them.
Speaker 4: I just don't like.
Speaker 5: Really, that blows my mind because if say I have my own little God's Little Miracles category, If my girls and I are sitting around and I say I have this, explain to him what it is, there is no possibility that I am getting up and leaving without them saying, let me see what you have right now. Like the curiosity as to what I've pinned and to what it is, there's no curious.
Speaker 2: Well two things.
Speaker 1: I wasn't curious about it at all because I've probably seen it all. The second part is we are on the second row at a hockey game, right surrounded by families, and.
Speaker 4: Then you get small children behind.
Speaker 1: Men together flipping through twenty year old's photos.
Speaker 4: Probe. I got it, I got it.
Speaker 2: I'm not good.
Speaker 3: I just showed in the category real quick and then closed my phone so.
Speaker 2: I didn't know.
Speaker 1: Hey, nice tip that you can do and saved Instagram categories.
Speaker 2: I need to go in and sort some stuff. That's pretty handy.
Speaker 3: You can go back to go back, end up saving a whole bunch and then never going back and looking at them.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, right, exactly right.
Speaker 5: You have the hidden locked folder on your iPhone too, right? Oh, yes, your dirty pictures in there and lock it up.
Speaker 3: By the way, I did a quick search on Instagram to see maybe if at God's Little Miracles was available for a handle, maybe I could just start a new page and just put all God's Little Miracles on there. Unfortunately, it has already been taken and it's there. It's someone has it, and it's their bio description says God's.
Speaker 2: Little Miracle is on the flowers and stuff.
Speaker 3: On the mission to share stories of miracles from above.
Speaker 2: That's a whole different.
Speaker 4: Category.
Speaker 3: I see it through a different lens, very very very different lens.
Speaker 2: So anyway, uh, Sydney Sweeney, send them, send them some of the is your suggestions. Here's one I found one.
Speaker 3: I found one and iteath that I just start tagging them on all this stuff. Another one, this is the JB and Sandy Show on Austin's eighty station one oh three point one, streaming on the iHeartRadio app. We're taking the week off, so we hope you'll enjoyed this from earlier this year. What is in your algorithm right now? It is unrelenting. Once they find out you have even the smallest tiniest interest in something. Once they find that out, you just get bombarded with ads to the point that it's just almost too much.
Speaker 2: But it kind of works too, it does. It beats you down right, it does work.
Speaker 1: But then once you make the purchases, it takes a while for it to get out of your algorithm, right, and you're like, I already bought it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just want to go leave me alone.
Speaker 3: You're yelling at your phone before you, guys, say what's clogging up your your feed and your algorithm?
Speaker 2: Can I just tell you this?
Speaker 3: What's the deal with When you see something that you like and it says you know, shop now or more important, you tap the link. It takes you to whatever the product is. The first thing I want to know is how much is it? And you scroll down and down and down and down through nine different things that this thing's great for and then sometimes you don't even get the price there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well that's a flim flam when they don't tell you the price, it.
Speaker 1: Starts to make you think it's a shady product exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then and then sometimes if you do start buying it, then they try to sell you something else before you close out.
Speaker 3: Four times yes, and then they also imagine if online shopping in the real world, right, like, you go, you click, and let's say you going and looking at the stuff is the same as walking into a retail store. When you walk in, the person that would walk but you would see first when you walk in would go, hey, what's your email?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: That's that's the first thing they say, what's your email? What's your email? You want? You want fifteen percent off? What's your email?
Speaker 3: And then you go no, oh, no, oh you don't want to save. Okay, what's your text number? What's your text number? That's what it would be like. I feel like I'm being assaulted.
Speaker 1: And then as you go out the front door, they follow you and go, hey, you left something behind.
Speaker 2: I know you were interested. I don't know.
Speaker 3: They called me. They called me two days later. They called me two days later and they're like, hey, your cart's still full. Do you still want this? Oh my god, it's like the world's most aggressive.
Speaker 2: It's not merch chose me insane.
Speaker 3: But when I have to scroll so much, Jbi, great point, it's shady, like this sauna blanket that I'm looking at. Uh huh, something shady about you. I don't want to buy that song if you had just said the sound of blanket's one hundred and nineteen dollars.
Speaker 2: Okay, I just.
Speaker 1: Did one the other day and I was scrolling down and I said, click here to order, scroll down, click here to or scroll down, click here do It just kept giving me more and more information.
Speaker 3: It was too many, too much. I don't want to know what's everything in the engine. When I buy a car, I just want it works. Yeah, you know, so what's in your feed right now, Trisa, let's start with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I ordered a lip stained It's not a lipstick, it's not a lip gloss. You put it on and it stains your lips and then you wipe it off and the color stays on your lips all day. I ordered one, and now every person on the planet Earth who makes a lipstain wants me to buy theirs as well. And I'm like, I'm not even sure if I like the one I got yet, so nothing but lipstain.
Speaker 2: That's it. Yes, that's so funny.
Speaker 1: You mentioned that because I accidentally bought that. I had like chapped lips up in the mountains, and I didn't know it was a stain. I looked like Robert Smith.
Speaker 5: That color does not come off right. You put it on, you wipe it off, and that's your color for the whole day.
Speaker 4: Like it works. And apparently I clicked on it.
Speaker 5: Was interested in a sleeveless shirt at free people, And now my add pages are full of sleeveless shirt ats, like a million of them.
Speaker 4: So those are the two that I'm in right now.
Speaker 2: Tricia, you want to show off the guns? Is that what you're doing?
Speaker 5: No, it's just was a cute shirt, okay, But I mean if they get a little bit bigger, I might show them off.
Speaker 2: I will judge a woman that should not be wearing a sleepless shirt.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Those are women though, who have gotten to an age where they're like they're part of that we do not care club, and they're like, we don't care if our arms should not be showed. We're hot and sweaty and we're wearing sleepless shirts. That's what's happening with them.
Speaker 3: I don't want to see your bingo wings, you know doo wings are It's like now, remember your grandma had that stuff underneath her arm and fab and they got bingo when they raised their arms up and they shake their hands and their bingo wings are flopping down.
Speaker 4: That's what's in.
Speaker 2: Your algo jb oh. Mine is overrun. So uh. We just rented a house for my daughter in Rosedale.
Speaker 1: We haven't moved her in yet because we're cleaning it up because landlords don't have to do squat now. So it was covered. There were three college students living in there before. It's been overrun with leaves and just soggy. You know, when they get all they start to compose, and it is just overrun with mosquitoes, over run. And I am a target, like so we have completely zero scaped our backyard. And so I was looking for all kinds of ways to combat mosquitoes. Right, so far, I've purchased four different things.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, wow, I know.
Speaker 1: And then it's just it's everything showing up, everything showing up. There's so I uh. I started with just like your classic industrial strength the deep spray that you put on the end of the hose, but you don't want to use that all the time. That's a little toxic. And then I bought this thing. It's called Thermicell. It's a little USB battery thing and you drop this little cartridge in it. It heats it up and that's supposed to repel anything from coming near you.
Speaker 2: I got that. I got the electric bug zapper glow light. Those are still around. Yeah, yeah, are so fun.
Speaker 4: It is so from childhood.
Speaker 1: And then I and then I mean it's it's obviously working, you know.
Speaker 2: And then I bought this other thing.
Speaker 1: I haven't even taken an out of the box yet, but but you know how the commercial mosquito places will come in and fog your yard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was paying.
Speaker 1: I was paying for one of those services. I was like, how much to get one of these machines and then the fluid to go in it. So I have that in my car that I haven't even unboxed yet, so I can just and it.
Speaker 2: It's more of a natural chemical thing.
Speaker 1: So once I get it under control, then I'm gonna go out there and hit it with that thing every now and then I was paying a lot to have that done professionally, like once a month, well except for the winter months, you know, a few months off.
Speaker 2: But like, there's got to be surely I can do this on my own.
Speaker 3: I need the good old days where the truck came by and put the fog out and all the kids ran behind the deep truck.
Speaker 2: Do you remember that? Okay?
Speaker 1: Who knows that we were breathing out? Oh and there's another one I bought. It's actually a product that that was out of Austin.
Speaker 2: It's called god I can't think of the name.
Speaker 1: Of it, but it's these little canisters and you you put the powder in it, add water and the mosquitos go in there.
Speaker 2: I have four hanging in my back. They have those for flies too.
Speaker 4: They go inside it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's like tom something.
Speaker 4: No, this is a JB's house.
Speaker 3: We had a funny conversation watching We have one of those in the on our back patio, the fly ones, and Tricia and I were sitting there and they're like, well they're at the top.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're speaking for the flies. And it's like, I don't know, it's been in there a while and he hadn't come out.
Speaker 4: Flies on the outside looking at all the flies.
Speaker 5: On the inside, like this is sketchy.
Speaker 1: You're having fun, but this isn't. This is an Austin company. It's called Tougher than Tom tnt to. And I will tell you this. The little canister when you go to swap it out, like.
Speaker 2: It is the most vile smell I think I've ever smelled.
Speaker 5: It's stinky for the flies too, that's what Yeah, that's what attracts them.
Speaker 1: Oh it is a gross I mean, you don't smell it like I've got a couple by my patio.
Speaker 2: You don't smell it hanging there.
Speaker 1: But when you get close to it, oh, yeah, it feels like a dead animal.
Speaker 2: Were you getting eaten that?
Speaker 3: When you're trying to get rid of all these mosquitos? Where you getting eaten up by them? Too?
Speaker 1: I was, I was getting devoured and trying to get it under control. And then man, by Sunday it was Saturday. I was doing a bunch of that. Sunday I was like, man, I feel sick, and this is not a normal kind of.
Speaker 2: Sick, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: They got I've been on this planet for a minute, so I know the different kinds of sick, and I was just like, I just felt off, and then I was like, it's got to be all these mosquitoes biting me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they carry a lot of stuff. I mean, you know they're in some parts of the world that you can get malaria.
Speaker 2: I think from a mesquite right, what.
Speaker 5: Is the one not malaria, but the one that people like has been reported in Austin a few times people freak out snile snile.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I think I had a mild West Nile kind of thing going. Maybe it was rocking mountain, spotted fever. Who knows that.
Speaker 1: Man, I did not feel good, and that's I attributed it to that.
Speaker 2: But anyhow, back to your point. Now, when I if.
Speaker 1: I scroll through Instagram, I feel like every fifth post is something mosquito.
Speaker 4: Really like this guy hates mosquitoes.
Speaker 2: They need a way to that.
Speaker 1: You can just tell the algorithm like, Okay, I'm done, I've purchased all I am going to get in this category.
Speaker 2: Leave me alone.
Speaker 3: That's what makes me wondering, since there is that like I'm not interested in this button, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And then I don't know if that gets rid of it or not. Yeah, if you Yeah.
Speaker 1: If you start to hide those, you can clear it's a little tedious, but you can't on them. Yeah, like this, and I think it gives you options. I'm no longer interested. I've already purchased this stuff like that.
Speaker 4: I've only seen that. I'm not interested option.
Speaker 5: When they're first introducing a new product into your feed, whether if you click I'm not interested in this, they're like, all.
Speaker 4: Right, you guys, you don't like that. To let's get something else in there.
Speaker 3: You have to tap the little I think it's called it e lips, the little three dots. Yeah, and then hit not interested in your options?
Speaker 1: Are?
Speaker 3: It's irrelevant? I see similar ads too often. It's inappropriate. I already bought this. I've seen this ad too many times. Already bought this.
Speaker 2: Be done.
Speaker 4: What's in your algorithm, Sandy?
Speaker 2: Right now? It is? What is it? You already mentioned the T shirts thing, the T shirts and a lot of.
Speaker 3: A lot of this freaking rise super foods, the mushroom stuff, mushroom Yeah, I don't want mushroom coffee.
Speaker 2: I tried it. I tried to do it. Yeah, ross, Yeah, is it gross? Tastes It's okay? It just I mean, I just love a good black coffnut, right on. Yeah, like good coffee, and so I tried.
Speaker 3: Mine is all full of healthy like stuff to buy to make you healthier, like peptides and coffees and amino acids and all this kind of stuff, and it's annoying.
Speaker 1: Do you follow doctor Barbara no Australian chick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you told us her before.
Speaker 1: She's an older woman and she's a scientist. And man, when you go into that, I mean she's she's like one of my trusted sources on health.
Speaker 2: Is it doctor Barbara O'Neill. I think that, Yeah, that's her. She's awesome.
Speaker 3: She is explored the realm of Barbara O'Neil's wisdom, dive into holistic wellness with us.
Speaker 2: She's the best, all right.
Speaker 4: The realm of her wisdom.
Speaker 1: Wow, Like she's it's all just the science of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like she's on a chalkboard. Here's why this that. It's great? All right? I checked that out for sure. It can't be her.
Speaker 3: I mean she's got eighteen thousand followers only nine posts. No unfollowed that.
Speaker 1: Someone that's someone trying to capitalize on the fame and stuff.
Speaker 2: Maybe this is her.
Speaker 3: Oh, molecular skincare and supplements, leading a statics doctor. Now I'll find her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not good. Bar bread good