Speaker 1: The countdown is on to fight time.
Speaker 2: This is Big Fight Weekend. No, here is your host, DJ Leaves. All right, kids, here we are on the big fight we can preview. I'm merely the somewhat competent host, TJ Reeves. Here is our insider, Big Dan Rayfield.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: We do a fantastic job. We do, say so ourselves, weekend and week out of previewing the best of the coming weekend in boxing. One problem this weekend, Rayfield, we don't really have a prominent fight per se. So we got to get creative on this week's show. We weren't gonna just bag it and not be there for the pod audience. So good to be with you. We got a lot of fight news to go over. We got something that we're teasing for Sunday. First of all, how are you?
Speaker 1: How are you? Thanks here, I'm good, by the way, Just because there's no fights, it is what it is. It's sometimes that happens. Call your family, Yeah, catch up.
Speaker 2: We call your mother, right, call your mother. Catch up with everybody this weekend, watch some college football, watch some NFL, et cetera. And we should say to the audience, Okay, first of all, thank you for finding us on the pod feed and subscribing Apple, Spreaker, Spotify, wherever you get the pods. We do try to preview going into the weekend, recap coming off the weekend, so we don't really have a lot to recap, but you and I got creative. Excellent job by you. I publicly prop you excellent job on hooking Mark Kriegel of ESPN and their coverage and a longtime writer and author as well, and tell them more about what we have coming off the weekend.
Speaker 1: Go yeah, absolutely so. I mean, Mark has been a friend of mine for twenty five years. I met him way way back when I was working at USA Today and the end of two thousand. Mark was a columnist the writing about general sports, but a lot about boxing for the New York at that time, the New York Daily News. He also wrote for The New York Post. So I've known him forever. We were colleagues at ESPN for a long time, and he is the author of a number of best selling books. His latest is called Baddest Man The Making of Mike Tyson, which is like a four hundred and thirty four page tome about my Tyson is immaculately researched tremendously well done, and as I came to find out when Mark sent me a copy with a nice inscription to me, that that book is only really the first part because it only goes through the end of what happened in the fight with the very famous apex of Mike' scurer with Mike Tyson. So what we have coming for the reviewers on YouTube and the listeners on the pod is we just spent right before we did this, correct, We do like about an hour of you and I talking to Mark about a little bit out Canelo and Crawford, because Mark was part of the in Netflix broadcast to get his take on that particular fight and the history that was made by Terrence Crawford, but also about this amazing book that he has written, Chroniclink Tyson, as I said to Mark, and you know, I'll give a little tease, like I've been following Mike Tyson sin I'm a kid. You know, he was fighting where I grew up in the Albany, New York area, in the Capitol District of New York and has had tens of millions of words and said about him over the years. And I'm like twenty pages into the book and I'm already finding out that I never heard about about that. So he'd done an amazing job of putting this together. And so we had a really good time talking about his process of doing the book and about some things he learned about Mike, and there's a lot of stuff about Tyson. It was tremendous. I can't wait for people to see it more.
Speaker 2: Nate mention of this again. But we're gonna release it as a YouTube video. To see Mark Krigel with us, go to the Big Fight Weekend YouTube page. We will have that out first on video Sunday evening, and then for this podcast audience. If you're not savvy enough to come find us on the video, we want you to go subscribe there, go hit the light button. We'll have it as a pod overnight Sunday in the Monday, but see it first if you're interested on the YouTube page. Coming up. Okay, So news from this past week, and there are some different things that we have to talk about. Jake Paul and Jervonte Davis had their media tour earlier this week in New York and in Miami, and we began to learn some more about this of course there's the viral moments of Paul you know, squaring off with Javonte Davis as he's bigger, and we see all that all over the internet. But Dan take us through anything that we learn, including the undercard being filled out as well for this upcoming November show go ahead.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, first of all, as far as this, I call it a goofy exhibition. I mean, you know, good for the two guys. They are gonna make a lot of money. I'm sure there's a lot of people that are interested to see whatever's gonna transpire in this particular event. And you know me, I've never knocked Jake for doing the things he has done in terms of the types of events he's put on. I just can't find myself getting too into this one, to be honest. And it's not anything against tankh I enjoy watching. I wish he was fighting a legitimate fight in terms of the dull monument.
Speaker 2: And so you're coming a little closer to my side of the street on farcical with this on him being eighty pounds heavier than Davis seventy eight pounds heavier.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, if they're at their actual fighting weights, they're separated by sixty five pounds, but yeah, I hear you, and not to mention that Jake is probably about about seven or eight inches taller than Tank Davis. But whatever, let them do what they want to do. So they went and they did their media tour open to the public. They did it in Monday in Manhattan. They did it again on Tuesday in Miami, where they moved the fight from the original location in Atlanta now is taking place in Miami, and so they square it off. But I you know, when you do a press conference for an actual fight and there's tension and there's stakes because of a title or pound for pound or whatever the reasons are, like, you can feel like the tension and you know that they're looking to hurt each other or you know, to win because it's going to advance their careers. It's going to help them make a legacy on people are really into it this fight. To me, again, I'm not not going to if you want to watch it, by all means, I'm going to watch it. I don't love it, but I'm going to watch it. It doesn't have any of that because there's no real stakes because it's not going to count it's they did announce the particulars. It is officially, as we suspected and knew ahead of time, it is an exhibition match for ten rounds three minute rounds, so at least in that sense, the rules are the same. Nikisa Beadarin, who was the co founder of Most Valuable Promotions and Jake Paul's partner in that company, he's the ostensibly the promoter since Jake is the combatant in the fight. They announced that it will be uh, it'll be contracted at one hundred and ninety five pounds, hardly a big give for anybody, because Tank is one hundred and thirty five pounds champion. He fought one time about four years ago at one hundred and forty pounds in his fight against Mario Barrios and Jake Paul. Although the cruiserweight limit is two hundred pounds, for most of his fights, he's been somewhere between like one eighty three and like one ninety is or something like that, so he's had a few fights over the one ninety five. Obviously, when he fought Tyson, you know, in the so called official fight, he bulked up to two hundred and twenty seven pounds but the point is for him to make two hundred for cruiserweight, like he that was the limit, let's say for his most recent bout against Chavez Junior. For the making one ninety five, You're hardly sucking down and draining yourself in any kind of dramatic way. To me, the more interesting thing is not what Jake Paul's gonna wait for this fight, because presumably he's going to weigh right on the one ninety five. I don't see why he would be lower. Is how heavy is tanking to come in?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Where can he still be effected?
Speaker 2: He was a realistic guess I have one shirl.
Speaker 1: Idea because even if you see.
Speaker 2: I think he really I think he realistically to still be in some kind of shape or whatever would be about one hundred and fifty pounds match.
Speaker 1: That's fair? Is that fair? I think that's fair. And I think he might even be a little lesson that to tell you the truth, because here's the thing he's not. He's not like officially preparing for the fight. You looked at him at the press converence. He doesn't look like he's out of shape or anything like that. But he can't be more than one sixty or something like that right now, I can't. It probably isn't even that much. And like I said, his only fight above one thirty five was one hundred and forty pounds and he was effective at that weight. I mean, so I don't know. It's a goofy thing to me. So anyway, bottom line, there are a ten round three minute ten round fight. Three minute rounds. One hundred and ninety five is the contract limit. They are gonna have three judges there, according to the cases announcement at this news conference. But they're gonna so though the renders score is if necessary unless somebody gets knocked out. There's no prohibition against a knockout or anything like that, which is always sort of a weird thing. Anyway. You can't prohibit prohibiting knockout because if a guy lands a shot and a guy gets knocked out, that can happen no matter whether you're say you're not allowed to do it or not. So they're gonna presumably fight hard. I hope they'd do anyway, But three judges will offer their scoring at the end of the rounds and at the end of the fight if it goes to ten, you know, if it goes at ten round distance, but it won't count on their records because technically it's an exhibition, even though we'll know what our eyes saw. Furthermore, they will wear twelve ounce gloves instead of what would normally have been ten ounce gloves. If you know about boxing rules, if you're in the welterweight division or below, it's usually ten ounce rather eight ounce gloves than anything above that is ten ounce gloves. For this, they're gonna wear twelve ounce gloves, which are still smaller than like gloves that guys would typically spar in. There'll be the heaviest gloves that that tank ever wore for an actual fight, because of course he's never fought about one, so I would imagine every one of his professional bouts had been eight ounce gloves, So that could be a little bit different, But I don't think it's gonna to the to the layman that's watching on Netflix, which is what's going to carry this event. You're not going to notice a couple extra ounces on a guy's gloves, and but you will notice that one guy is six foot one and will be pushing close to two hundred pounds and the other guy's five foot five and you know, standing on a phone book, as I like to say, you know who's been boxing as a one hundred and thirty five pounder for most of his career, or even before that one hundred and thirty pounds where he won his first world titles. So you know, it's kind of a goofy thing. But if people want to see it, so be it. Again, I can't get too hyped about it. But but anyway, but the point I'm making though, TJ. Is when you went and watched any of the news conference, whether it was the one in New York or the one of Miami, you know, they were saying things and all that, but I didn't get any real sense of like they're they're don't like each other, or you know that there's hatred or there's some kind of chip on their shoulder. They're fighting for any real stakes. This is a business transaction, cash grab for both of them. It's a money grab, and by the way, nothing wrong with that, because we'd all love to get cash grabs if we Because I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, the only thing that I keep coming back to is, don't tell me you're serious about becoming a World Championships fighter. Jake Paul. If this is what you're doing instead and wasting another six months for a.
Speaker 1: Year I think about itself, turns out to be a joke, and everybody leaves their screen or their phone or their you know, TV or wherever they watched this event upset. Just remember two things. A it wasn't pay per view. You know, if you have a regular Netflix subscription, you just get it anyway, so you're not out the money if you blew. You know, back in the day, people spending fifty dollars watching Mike Tyson knock got Bruce Seldon in one round where Bruce heldn didn't even try to fight. That was a different story. And secondly, what do you expect from a from a fight between guys exactly? I mean, this is ridiculous. I'm I'm a little disappointed the Commission would even approve this as an exhibition or not. I mean, but again, the Florida Commission approved Floyd Mayweather against Logan Paul where there was a similar weight to party. Floyd was like a at that time, fighting about one fifty four and Logan Paul was over two hundred pounds. I guess when he would, you know, be walking around so there was similar fifty plus pounds different, so you know that that was what it was anyway, you know whatever, and the.
Speaker 2: Under card, what about the card on the on the November show.
Speaker 1: Right, So with respect to MVP, like, one thing I'll say when they put some of these goofy Jake Paul events on, one thing I'll give them credit for is they do a pretty damn good job of putting on legit fights for their undercards, you know, and that's that's important. I think that's important. So and this is no different. So in the co feature, they promote Alicia Baumgardner, who's the undisputed women's Junior lightweight champion, for this fight. She will defend against the Canadian contender, Layla A Bedouin, but she has vacated her WBC belt, so she's given up her status as undisputed. She still has the other three titles. And the reason is because this stems to the time in recent years where Amanda Serrano, who was at the time the undisputed featherweight champion, wanted her bouts to be under the same rules as the men, meaning twelve rounds and three minute rounds. The WBC, they cite their medical people's reports and research and safety things along those lines, and they refuse for women's matches to sanctioned fights that are twelve rounds or three minutes. So she wanted to participate in the same type of rules as the men. The other organizations allow it, the Commission allows it if both sides say it's okay, even though the default for women would be ten rounds for a title fight and two minute rounds. But I guess both the athletes are on board with it, and that's what she wanted to do. So she vacates her WBC title, but they will fight a female Boxing World Championship fight. This will be a twelve round schedule about and the rounds will be three minutes long. So she's following in the footsteps of what Amanda Serrano has done, who is part of MVP now also and as you know, one of their major fighters. So that's her defense in the co feature and then in the fight that's below that This is actually a good fight, and I've been wondering what's happening with this fight, been asking Gilberto Mendoz from the WBA for like two months what the status was because that had been ordered to a purse bid, but it will be this fight. It will be the first defense of the WBA Junior welterweight title of Gary Antoine Russell, who will take on his mandatory the Japanese contender, who you may have seen on some of the Japanese cards that came on ESPN Plus from Japan on in a way under cards and that sort of thing against Andy Hirioka, And so that's another fight on the card. That's a very interesting fight to me. You know, good fighters. Obviously, Gary Russell is just tremendous speed, comes from that bloodlines of his brother, Gary Junior, was the former featherweight champion, and Gary looked good in the last fight when he won the belt. And you know, Heroica has been doing his thing. He's gonna be coming off about a fourteen month layoff. Part of that was because he achieved the mandatory status and they weren't going to blow that spot. So he's twenty four to zero with nineteen knockouts. They're both the same age twenty nine. So that's the next fight down the card, and then you get into the fights that are on the preliminaries, and they've added some of the two of their women champions, because obviously if you follow MVP at all, you know that they are by far and away the number one promoter in terms of top level women's boxing. So they have signed a whole bunch of top women over the last few months, and so they've got a couple of them making defenses. You have Elie Scottney from the UK. She's taken on Mayeli Flores. That will be a four belt unification fights, so it will produce at the end if there's no draw, you'll have the undisputed women's junior featherweight champion, so that there are stakes there. And then further down you've got jo Costa Vaye, who's been one of the top pound four pound female boxers for a number of years. Had a pretty big fight that she lost against Anissi Estrada. She is since that loss, has one another title. She's the WBC's female strawweight Champion. She is defending the title against Yadira Bustillos. So you got that, and then you know some other fights on the preliminary part, but the main card Jake Paul against Davis and the exhibition Alisa Baumgarner against Bedouin in the title defense at twelve rounds of three minutes for a female boxing match and a very high level first class legit world title fight between Gary Antoine Russell and Andy Hereoka.
Speaker 2: So at least you get a good undercard with this, like you said, like you prefaced it with, and again that's coming for November, all right. So a couple of other things here on some fights. While we're on the subject of Davonte Davis. Remember he knocked out the ghost Frank Martin back in June of twenty twenty four, and Martin is now going to fight for the first time in almost what a year and a half coming up the next month. So tell me more about Martin's return.
Speaker 1: So PBC has not announced this yet, but if you go on any of Frank martin social media, he's posted like an artwork rendering of it and he announced he's back and what's going on. So he will be back on October twenty fifth, will be on the card that PBC and Prime Video are doing as a pay per view October twenty fifth at the MGM Brand Gardenerena in Las Vegas. The main event is Sebastian Fundora defending his WBC Junior didawait title in the main event against Keith Thurman, but Frank Martin's about is supposed to be the final bout on the free prelum, so even he don't buy the pay per view, he can still watch this and whatever else they put on the free prelims. And Frank Martin is back in action in the main free prelim fight against Rancis Barthelmy, who frankly I thought was retired, but I guess he's not. He's a former title holder both in the junior lightweight and lightweight division. He is attempted at times to become the first Cuban to win a title in a third weight division. He came up shy, he got a draw in one of those fights. In any event, that's the fight. So it'll be good to see Frank Martin back in action because it always kind of drives me mad when a guy's got a nice career going okay, he runs into a tank Davis, who he was very competitive with until he got knocked out. But up until that moment it was a highly competitive fight. And so he takes some time off and I don't really quite understand why. It's sixteen months he wasn't particularly injured or anything like that. But it's good to see Frank Martin back because look, he is a good quality fighter. Now, of course for this fight, he's no longer to be fighting at lightweight. I guess his fight's at junior welterweight, where Barthelmy has been for the last year years. But any event, good to see Frank back in action because he's still a talented fighter. And there's no shame in losing by knockout to Tank Davis, as that's happened to a lot of guys.
Speaker 2: True. And then we're going to talk about two more previous opponents of Tank Davis. And you were saying this to us coming off of the weekend on the last pod, that it would not surprise you if PBC would squeeze in one more card and it would have involved Lamont Roach and Pitt Bull Cruise. What else have you learned about when that might be et cetera go ahead?
Speaker 1: Well, so obviously Roach was thinking he's going to get the rematch of the draw from March against Tank Davis. They fought to that very controversial draw. The knockdown that should have been called that the referee didn't call Steve Willis and Tank Davis was supposed to move on from that win if he got it infight Jake Paul back then didn't happen. He exercises right to a rematch against Lamont Roach, and so that was being planned at various times in the summer. It didn't happen. Obviously, Tank had to do you know, he had the legal iss shoes with the assault, the domestic abuse situation. Ultimately the case was dropped, so he was no longer dealing with that. In any event, the fight, the rematch with Roach kept getting delayed, and then he said forget about it, and he is now taking the fight with Jake Paul or the exhibition with Jake Paul. So that left Lamont Roach, you know, in need of an opponent.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: When Many pakiall fought the fight with Mario Barrios back in July, there was a lot of discussion after that fight that Many would come back and fight at the end of the year in December, you know, and headline one of these types of shows again. And they were talking about maybe he would fight Roland Romero. They were talking about maybe they would do a Barrios rematch. Was all kinds of different things that were being tossed rat. It is my understanding, and I've talked to a variety of people that are directly involved with this event, is Pakia will not fight again the rest of this year. He'll be back probably in January February, but in the meantime they still are going to do a final show in December, December sixth or December twentieth, and the fight will be headlined by lamont Roach challenging Isaac Pittbull Cruz for his WBC Interim Junior weal to rate belt, which he won on the Pacio undercard back in July, although drove me crazy because he did so against a late replacement. They fight only schedule for ten rounds, not the twelve round championship distance, but you know who's counting.
Speaker 2: This would presumably be a twelve round interim Junior welterway title fight in December.
Speaker 1: Yes, for the interim belt exactly. So as a matchup, I find Pitbull Cruise against the mont Roach should be actually a pretty good fight. My question, and again it's not my money, so I don't have to worry about it. But I don't know if that sells as an eighty dollars pay per view main event, now PBC doesn't do. To PBC's credit, they've done a very good job, similar to like MVP when they do these undercards. They've put their best foot forward and done excellent shows for the remainder of the show as far as beyond the main event. But I don't know how much it sells. But Pitbull has a good fan base. And by the way, one thing was told very specifically by one of the people directly involve with this event is it probably will not take place in Las Vegas, which would sort of be an upset because the PBC on Prime Video pay per views have most I think all of them. Actually maybe I'm missing one, but I think they've all taken place in Las Vegas so far. Take that back when Lamont Roach fought Tank that was in New York, but most of them have been in Vegas. But for this one, they're looking to go maybe to Texas or somewhere in the southwest. San Diego was mentioned to me. Phoenix was mentioned to me. Take advantage of the tank of the Tank of the Pitbull, who has a very healthy following among the Mexican fan base of the Mexican Americans, so that that will be the way that they probably close up the year.
Speaker 2: Moving along, there was a press conference Thursday in Japan where the brother of Naoia in a way, Takuma in Away, is now involved in a vacant WBC bantamweight title fight. Tell me more about the circumstances and the opponent real quick.
Speaker 1: Well, it was just in a few last few days last week or so that Jinto Nakatani, who was the unified bantam wait champion, vacated the titles. He is moving up. We discussed it on the one of the previous shows. He's to be part of that December twenty seventh card in Saudi Arabia, a read a season or a ring magazine card whatever they're calling it, a Turkey al sheet cart where the main event will be in a way, defending against Picasso there and they're putting Nakatani, as you know, because the fights are all Japanese boxers taken on other fighters some other areas of the world. And so now this is exciting because you have Nakatani coming into the way class where in Away is. They're both now going to be a one hundred and twenty two pounds as we hopefully line up for what will be a mega fight for Japan and for boxing. Frankly sometime in twenty twenty six, in the first half of the year. I would think in the spring, where Nakatani and in a way will fight each other, assuming they both win their fights in November. But he vacated the title, so to fill that vacancy to WBC had ordered the negotiations and if they didn't make a deal there would have been a purse bid. But apparently the sides have made a deal because on Thursday they had the press covers in Tokyo and this fight will take place November twenty fourth. To fill the vacant WBC title be Tension Nasakawa, who has had some exposure on the ESPN Plus under cards for a lot of the Japanese cards that they have done with in a way with NaIO in Away the older brother. Obviously, people might know not Nasakawa because he was the famous Japanese kickboxer who with the very first exhibition that Floyd Mayweather did post his retirement, fought Mayweather was a much heavier fighter and got absolutely pummeled and knocked out and destroyed in the first round. But as a professional boxer now he's doing it full time. You know. He's like seven and always look pretty good. He's a southpaw and he's fighting not in the Floyd mayweather Way class like in the one forties or one fifties. He's fighting at one hundred and eighteen pounds. He's taken on Takuma in a way, who used to be the Bandonway title holder of the WBA, So he's been a good contender for a while. He is coming off of a loss. But anyway, that is the fight to fill this vacancy. And if this was a few months ago, we would know, Okay, this is going to be on ESPN Plus, but now we'll have to wait and see what they come up with in terms of a American streamer or broadcaster. It will be on Prime Video in Japan, where many of these events are, but it's still not announced or if there is anything in terms of the United States.
Speaker 2: All right, a couple of more things. The Chris u Bank and Connor Ben undercard for November has been brought up. Anything stand out to you, maybe a couple things stand out to you from that undercard. What about it.
Speaker 1: Nothing. I mean it's really similar to the first one and not a surprise, to be quite honest, is it is very very British centric. I mean they're not doing anything for a worldwide audience, certainly nothing for the United States. This is all about the UK audience. So we all know about the main event Chris Ubank Junior in the rematch with Connor Ben from their fantastic fight earlier in the year November fifteenth, same venue as where the first one was at the Tottenham hotspurst Stadium in London. But the co feature was announced as well as other undercard fights, and the co feature is the one that does stand out. It's Adam Azine, who we've talked about. We spoke on one of the recent shows about he had just signed a new deal with Boxer his promoter. They're also the promoter for u Bank Junior, so he's going to get some tremendous exposure. In the co feature, He's taken on a very tough, experienced, durable guy in Zara Abdeliav, who you might remember not that long ago fought raymar Ataya for a vacant title. He also got stopped years ago by Devin Haney in a interim title fight. So he's got his experience against some good quality opposition. So that will be the co feature, a junior welterweight fight, and then you've got another one of the undercard downs they announced. Among the various ones they announced was Jack Catterrell, who's now fighting as a welter right, He's gonna fight Echo Estuman, who retired Josh Taylor. That there's been some reporting and I've seen stuff that Caterall's posted on his social media. He's changed trainers and this has sort of struck me as out of the blue. He's gonna now train with Bozy Ennis, who is the father of Jern Boutsennis. So it was just a I don't know how that connection happened, but it would be the last thing I would have thought of. But he obviously wants a change of pace. He's come to an American trainer. That'll be their first fight together. In Estuman earned himself this type of exposure against a name opponent, a good contender like Caterall by the way that he took care of Josh Taylor unexpectedly not that long ago. They've added Richard Ria Kopore, who has been involved in some bigger fights in the lower weight class, but now he's coming up to the heavyweight division to fight Tommy Welch, not exactly a well known fighter. You got Ishmael Davis against Sam Gilly. So again it's very British centric. But for my purposes as a fan besides me and then, I'm very interested to see how adam Azeem deals with a very durable, rugged, tough, solid quality guy like zauerb Delive. This is a big step off rohim. I know he's got the win over Sergei Lippinetz, who's a former world champion, but I feel like zauerb Delive is I'm a lot fresher and a lot better right now in his career than Lipinez was, even though Lipinitz has a bigger name. And for Caterrell, I guess I mean, look, Jack, I've said this for a lovely guy, you know, good boxer, I find him to be extremely boring to watch. We'll see if Bozie Edmis can put a little spring in a step, let's say, on the offensive side of the game.
Speaker 2: They both have in common that they beat Josh Taylor, and so that's part of the lure of that I one more note, and that is Lindolfo Delgado and Gabrielle Golas of Valezuela are going to fight in a one forty pound IBF title eliminator where the winner would theoretically be in line to fight Richardson Hitchins. Tell me more about this, including when and where.
Speaker 1: So the winner of this fight will be the mandatory for Richards and Hitchins, you know, assuming that Richards and Hitchins decide to stay in the wake class and or defend this title. This is not a surprise. This was the fight that was ordered. If you remember, go back a few months ago, Delgado had been ordered to fight Liam Paro. Paro did not participate in the purse bit pulled out and decided he was going to stay. He had had one fight a little bit over the one hundred and forty pound way class. He was going to stay at welterway and then just about a week ago he ended up winning an IBF eliminator in the welterweight division to get a title shot in that division. So when he pulled out against Delgado, they went down their ratings and the next guy was Gabriel Golez Vealezuela, So that's the matchup. It will take place. November fifteenth is the date supposedly it's going to happen. It will take place in San Louis Potosi in Mexico, and they will duke it out for the right to become the mandatory challenger. And that particular card, which we put on by zan for Promotions, will be heavily populated by a lot of top rank fighters. As we've discussed many times, Top Ranks still without a broadcast deal. They have a very close relationship with Zanferd Promotions. They also have a number of Mexican and Mexican American fighters on their roster, Delgado being one of them. There's been a lot of discussion that maybe Raphael Espinoza, the featherweight title holder of the WBO, that he will fight on this card in the main event. There's been some stuff doubt he might fight Luis Alberto Lopez. I talked to Top Rank and ask them. They're like, we're not doing that fight, so we'll see, you know if they're lying.
Speaker 2: Or theoretically they would know. So either either it's not happening or they are lying one of the two, yeah.
Speaker 1: Or maybe they're talking about it, but it's nowhere near being done. And like some people like to, you know, get out in front of things when they put stuff on their Internet sites or on their Twitter account or whatever. But suffice it to say, there's probably a good chance Espinoza finds his way into the main event, be it against Lopez or somebody else, and that Delgado will be in this limit or on the show they've talked about having, like maybe Emeliano Vargas on that show. I've seen some stuff that potentially Richard Torres, the heavyweight, we might be on that cart. But Delgado went down as well as the one fight. As far as the bout is signed and locked in, uh, you know, and uh, and that fight is happening, and that's got some stakes involved.
Speaker 2: We haven't seen Richard Torres recently, and he was kind of you know, in the in the consciousness on the front burner or whatever. And uh, he's been victimized obviously by they don't have a deal right now, they don't have shows, So stay tuned, stay tuned on what's gonna happen with that.
Speaker 1: Well, one thing about Richard though, he I mean, at least he's been overall, he's been somewhat active, Yes, since April. That was his biggest win he got that.
Speaker 2: That's his only fight of the year though. Yeah, as we said here now on the precipice of Precipice, let's let me pull out Precipice on a late night Thursday night.
Speaker 1: Reasons why he might be on that show to gad a second fighting, but he is at least coming off with the biggest win back in April where he beat uh Wuido Vannello. What I always find to be kind of wild is that here you have that fight goes down between Torres and Viennello. Vnello loses and he's already scheduled to be back. He's fighting on a Mattroom card coming up, and the guy that beat him in Torres doesn't get happen if he'sh fight set and but that's kind of crazy to me.
Speaker 2: But maybe it's on this card like you mentioned in November. Yeah, okay, So a couple more plugs go to the Big Fight Weekend YouTube page for several reasons. Good nostalgia on the Michael Spinks upset of a forty eight and oh Larry Holmes, the anniversary of which was earlier this week, this past weekend. Go check that out as well as the Sugar Ray Leonard anniversary of the win, now about ten days ago. As we do this over Thomas Hearns, you can relive Dan and I talking about it in the nostalgia great stuff on the page, and again go to that page our Big Fight Weekend YouTube page because the video of our conversation with Mark Kriegel will be there Sunday night, Sunday evening before the podcast release. See it first, Ray Feel and audience see it first on the YouTube page, and then pod audience. You'll hear it overnight Sunday night into Monday. He's got the new Mike Tyson book out. He's talking at the beginning of our conversation about the Canelo Crawford and the Crawford upset, and it ranks good debate too. I made him pause and you and he and I kind of went back and forth on prime Terrence Crawford at welterweight versus prime Sugar Ray Leonard at welterweight. They need to hear him talking about that before we talk to Mike Tyson and the baddest man in the book that Mark Kriegel has written, so that's again coming out Sunday night. So there's not really a lot to recap. Enjoy Mark Kriegel, it's a fun It flies by as a conversation with Ray Feel and Kregel reminiscing.
Speaker 1: About any guests. Appearance by Mark Dogg and Mark's.
Speaker 2: Dog does also make an appearance on the video. You got to see it and you'll hear it on the pod feed as well. Anything else or are we good? We're good at the weekend.
Speaker 1: I would say, since there's no boxing you have any significance, call your family, call.
Speaker 2: Your mother, call your family. Have fun with that again, follow subscribe on this podcast feed. We love it. We're not going anywhere here with all the insight going into the weekend, usually in the preview mode, the recap's coming off the weekend. Go find the Big Fight Weekend YouTube page once more, go find it there, Big Dan, have a good weekend. Thank you as anyways, and we look forward to the next time that they see us and hear us. Mark Kriegel is with us coming off the weekend. For now, we're good on the Big Fight Weekend preview pod.
Speaker 1: Bye