Speaker 1: The disclaimer to the fair season Karen's out there, Oh dare you? All guests on the show do not reflect the opinions of the host. The purpose of the show is to have interesting conversations, stretch our minds and grow not what we want. If you are looking for an echo chamber viewer and listener discretion, He's admised, did.
Speaker 2: You talk about extreme imnoledge crime? We were guilty from the sun. They don't fear the questions, They fear the fuck.
Speaker 3: So we see the fee through long.
Speaker 2: They content fro thinking the arasy. The dart On.
Speaker 3: Shows what real?
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, what is happening?
Speaker 3: And what is up?
Speaker 1: He hold out that glass, Baby, you know what time it is because we are about to feel it up a Welcome to the promoth This Lens podcast, the place where the conversations are always in the lightning. I am your host, Doc Brown, and here we like to use the allegory other Prometheus Lens to take a second look at everything. Hey, if you're a new to this channel, welcome to the Hero's Journey. Please be sure and hit that like button and smash that subscribe button. And while I got you attention, guys, please check out this banner down below with all of our social media's at their various platforms, that would be much much appreciateted. Well, guys, I got another great show for you lined up. Man, this is a new the guy that's into the Appalachian cryptid stuff like me. Man, So I thought it was a good occasion to break out the moth Man stole my EBT card hat. So I hope this is the first of many conversations on this program. But I'd like to welcome to the show for the first and like I said, hopefully first of many. Mister Hardy, the Hardy boy, let me bring in here. How are you doing, sir?
Speaker 3: What is up?
Speaker 1: Dog?
Speaker 3: How are you doing? Man? Great to be here with you.
Speaker 1: Awesome brother, Hey man, I'm so excited to have you. And like we talked a little bit pre roll, Man, you got a shmortgage board of topics to talk about, so hopefully we can get into all of them. Man, Hopefully this is the first of many, but maybe just maybe for somebody that's new to my channel, maybe new to you, not be exposed to you, what you do and all those great things. Man, just take this opportunity to introduce yourself to the listeners, who you are, what you do, what you're about, and just give everybody a feel brother.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I am author, illustrator David Jay Hardy. That's how I introduced myself all over the place. And I have written and illustrated to books on Cryptid. So I have Appalachian cryptids and creatures. And this puppy has been sounding like hotcoogs. It is a beast theery account. I got all the drawings, I got all the research, I got all the cool stuff in here, and then it did so well. Guess what we did a second book, got signed to a second book, and I did the Illustrated History of Mothman, The Illustrated History of Mothman. And so this is a linear retelling, okay, like a linear retelling of all the Mothman lore, all the stuff we go from pre nineteen sixty six, the whole way through, and so I got it all in here. I got all of the theories, the thoughts, everything you can want on Mothman. So I've done all the research, all the stuff, and I like to go around and sell books, sign books, and I actually have a t shirt line, Cryptid Empire, and I do that as well, and so everything's hand drawn by me. You can see I'm wearing a Bigfoot T shirt right now and having a good time of that. So that's what I do. So I'm an author, illustrator and researcher.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's awesome because we ended up connecting through I'm trying to think. I think it was Facebook and I've been seeing some of your stuff and my audience knows me. Well, man, I am a total ADHD baby. I will get something on my brain and I'm like, Okay, I'm gonna do this, and then somebody sends me a text message or something. Anything can happen and it totally take me off my game. And you are no exception, sir. I've seen you on my feed several times and I'm like, this would be a good conversation. I need to get h on the show. And I just happened to get no distractions this time. I happen to stumble across a picture of you holding a picture and giving a thumbs up signing a book for a girl, and I'm like, I've been meaning to reach out to him forever. I'm just gonna finally do it.
Speaker 3: And it worked out. We were able to put it together and it was awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Man, so how long have you been into this? You know Cryptid, you know Space. I know you author those, but I assume you were swimming in the pool for a long time before you decided to give lessons.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So, like as a little kid, always loved Cryptis, would go to the Manaca Library, which was my local library because we grew up in so I grew up in near Pittsburgh in Appalachia and grew up poor as dirt, right, so the only if you were gonna have any entertainment whatever, it had to be free. And so it was always going to the libraries. Every single week through the summer. My mom would take me to the library, and I'm always checking out all the books that I could on mythological creatures and all the different stuff. And there was one time that I remember getting an Encyclopedia of creatures and just pouring through it and was just drawn to big Now, back then it was like pretty much big Foot, lock Ness Monster. I did not know about Mothman for a while. I have some like vague recollections, but I never really zeroed in on Mothman till so I became an adult, I was into comic books like crazy and was doing all sorts of drawings and different things. Found out that the best way to get your art out there is to put it on a T shirt. I'm telling you, for at least for me. And I worked in a screenprinting shop, so that might make sense, but it was a really good way. And so I started selling T shirts at comic cons and I did this one bigfoot shirt and it sold, and it sold and it sold. It was awesome. And this lady comes up to me, she goes, you know what you should do? And she goes, you should do Mothman. Now this is again fifteen years ago, and I was like, moth what moth Rah Like? I looked it up. I had no idea pretty.
Speaker 1: Much, and all of the differencera I know, seriously, and so.
Speaker 3: I looked him up and I see him. I go, you know what, I could do a really sick drawing in that creature. So I do I do this one T shirt. Still didn't really know what I was talking about with moth Man. And here's what happened. Danny Treo, Uncle Machete himself, came up to me at a comic con and bought the shirt, and he was super cool. He like he bought that shirt and a chup of Cobba shirt like other shirts, and he leaned in he told me, he said, Danvin, you have decoys T shirts. Ever, man, I'm gonna put that on my tombstone. Like that was a big deal. That was awesome. And so that video or that picture, when I posted it went mini viral and it blew up and people started reaching out. So the Mothman Museum, which I did not even know existed, reached out to me and they said, hey, we'd like to sell your shirts, and I said, great, that's awesome. So they bought twenty five. They sold out, They bought two hundred and fifty, they sold out, they bought fifteen hundred, and they sold out. And they keep selling and selling and selling, and so I was like, there is definitely something to this. This thing is really moving and shaking. And then the so Jeff Walmsley, the guy who runs the museum, said have you ever considered writing a book? And I said I have, and then he hooked me up with his publisher and Courier Press. So I got a legit publisher and we took off you know, I wrote the first book, wrote and illustrated it. It was great, and we're like, we're approaching six thousand copies, you know, and then the second one going incredibly well, so we're shipping all over the country. It's been fantastic, tons and tons of research, like so much. So you know, we all know how you just get into one thing and you go into rabbit trails and rabbit trails, rabbit trails, try to bring it all in. But I feel like at this point now I've read almost everything that I can on specifically moth Man, but most scripteds. I am a I call myself a crypto mythologist, So I'm into the stories. I'm not gonna sit here and argue about Bigfoot's metatarsal hinge right like we can. I don't want to. I'm not into that. I'm into the stories, the lore, and the legend. So that's what That's how I got into all of this.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, man, And what an awesome story too. You know, who doesn't. I mean, there are plenty of losers out there, but I mean I'm not talking to the losers. Who doesn't enjoy a good story, man? And that's a great story. And that's something I try my best to emulate with me is I try to be a story story teller because I've always loved storytellers. It's like, yeah, you can take somebody and you know, take a fifteen to twenty minute news clip or whatever and just regurgitate the information in twenty or thirty minutes and be done with it. Or you could tell a very beautiful, well crafted story and keep people entertained for an hour to get to that punchline.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: So I talk slow anyway, so why not take advantage of the storyteller.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's cool, I talk fast, so we'll balance each other out. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, Well, I wanted to hit you with this because a shout out of the chat. The chat's been growing. I've just started doing the lives and stuff maybe the past month or so and starting to build the live chat audience. But I had Rebecca and she's i'll throw up her comment here because we've seen it before the show, and I addressed it, but I'll throw it up now. But she said, I'd like to hear his take, if any on the encounters of the Braxi and the Snellygaster, if there's any stories about him or if he's just reporting on the lore. And also she asked later, she said, if someone wants a signed copy, is that possible or can you only order it from Amazon?
Speaker 3: No, oh, don't order it from Amazon. Order it from me cryptidempire dot com, cryptidempire dot com, and I will, like you place that order, I will sign that puppy. I will throw it in the mail today. Okay. So yeah, and they're they're really great copies that I send out anyhow, The Flatwoods Monster Braxie quite a bit on Braxibraxi has become very very popular as of late. But yeah, I've got quite a bit of stories on Braxi. There's so much happening. So we have the original initial encounter in the nineteen fifties when you had so it's like nineteen fifty two, and we have the the fall from potentially heaven. We don't know where it comes from, but we have the saucer that falls down, and then we have the parent, the mother, the guardsman, the US military, and then the kids. They all go up to the hill. So we know this story. They go up the hill in West Virginia in Sutton County, Bractice or I'm sorry, in Sutton, Braxton County, West Virginia, to go see what this thing was. And it's this giant, potentially robotic creature with this red hood over it, incredibly bad smell, all of these different things, light shining, everything going nuts, and they take off. They had a dog with them too, and they get out of there. They get out of there as fast as humanly possible. And the crazy thing is the dog died just like a few weeks later. The dog died out of nowhere. Dog was incredibly healthy. The dog died. There was all sorts of like later in life, like weird cancer stuff for the for the you know, the people who had seen Braxie. And then we started finding out that there were encounters prior to and after with very similar creatures that now sometimes they had different variations. There was one time that had a lizard face or a very defined lizard face because they couldn't see it was like this hood, this hood with this circle and then a weird dress and all of the different things. And so there's so many theories on what was happening, what was what was going on in West Virginia at that time in the nineteen fifties, and then going into the sixties. There's all these different encounters, and you have the Grafton Monster. I was just at the Grafton Monster event in Grafton, West Virginia last weekend and they're celebrating sixty I think it's like sixty two years of the graft and Monster. Very similar sighting in a similar area. Is there a connection? Were these things all somewhat tied together? And could they even be tied together to moth Man in that space? You know? Was this was this a government issue? Was this some type of testing? Was this a full on alien invasion that was forwarded or not? We don't know. But Braxy is very popular and there's a lot of different theories on who she is. So yeah, a lot of people say, well, I don't know that we're gendering her correctly, but a lot of people say Braxi is a she. We'll see. But you know, if ever we find definitive proof of Braxy, uh, maybe she's wearing a dress and they say, I think it's the dress that that's the one that leads you to, hey, is this a female? You know?
Speaker 1: So there rendition of this monster.
Speaker 3: I have a rendition right here.
Speaker 1: We'll go to the side a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we go there, ware we go.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, I've seen that the little spade looking hands if I've always wondered what that was.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm. Well, and they don't know, they have no idea what the spade is, but it's that that spades the uh I'm like backwards here, but that's another one. But and then I have even I can give you a third one because I got it in my new moth Man book.
Speaker 1: Here Arabica said, I'm not going under that uh dress to check all right, Well.
Speaker 3: Well don't worry. Doc Brand will check her out. Tell us, hey, what gender were looking at? But anyhow, so he's a she she Yeah, we don't know, you know what I mean, we have no idea. U braxy braxi may not be you know, within our sphere of understanding. So that's that's our that's something practice stuff. But there have been sightings even relatively recently, the big but the big one being in the nineteen fifties. So there is something going on in Appalachis, specifically West Virginia. And I'm spending tons and tons of time in West Virginia, like literally every single weekend that in June. I have been or will be in West Virginia. So I'm signing books at West Virginia Day and Beckley this weekend and next weekend I will be at UFO Days in Buchanan. So I'm all over West Virginia. And I will tell you this, The lore is pervasive, is so much and then you talk to people. That's the crazy thing. It's like you talk. Every time I go to something, I've got four or five different people who are giving me their encounters, their stories, or their grandmothers and all these different things. And I'm like, this place is just teeming with stories of the supernatural.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: And that's something to means some of my buddies have dovein talked about because it's like, you know Appalachia, that that's an ancient mountain, you know what I mean? And uh, all of the Native American lord.
Speaker 3: Yeah, potentially, I mean, depending on how you date them and your theory on where they come from. Uh, they could be the oldest mountains in the world.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: It s because all the highest strangeness you know, which now that I got you on here because I've seen that you wrote on many cryptids, but like your latest release is more focused on the Mothman. Them off Man, don't throw stones at me. I'm new to the cryptid space, you know. That's like, I never what you would call a bigfoot enthusiast. It wasn't until I stumbled upon Esau sounding like a Bigfoot that I kind of even got into bigfoot a little bit. So I want, because I've never sit down and listened to a podcast, I want to hear the story of Mothman. I just know the thirty thousand foot view. I just know it's some winged creature that that showed up one night and chased a family or something, then landed on a bridge and the bridge collapsed or something like that. I just have like a thirty thousand But that's not what happened. That's not okay.
Speaker 3: But that's good, very bad. I love it. I love telling this story. So this is good. This is Listen. Don't worry. I don't have that Pharisee spirit. I'm not throwing anyway. I'm not looking. I'm not looking to judge. Listen. That's why I wrote the book. Wait wait, wait, here's that's why I wrote the book. The back of the book, do you know what Mothman really is. I give the whole thing so because so many people Mothman is stupid popular right now, like ridiculously, you're something crazy.
Speaker 1: Before you started, though, I didn't know nothing about this. I was just getting it into podcas casting and I worked with this guy named Chris, and Chris uh, I'm trying to think. I can't remember his last name.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: If it was the family name, it might have been. But now I started getting into this space and then we got to talk about monsters or something. He's like, hell, he said, if you want to talk moth Man, uh, talk to me and my family. We're the original people. And I said do what and he said, yeah, look up the story that such and such, the the whatever, the family Chris last name, that's the thing I can't remember because it Scarborough. Yes, Scarberry, he's Starbury.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And he said that that story of the family getting chasing the man shooting at the tree or something. I think he told me he said that was my grandpa. And I was like, I want to bring you on the show, and he kept chicking it out. He was like, no, I don't do podcasts. I don't do well.
Speaker 3: Tell him to talk to me. He doesn't have to on a podcast, but I would love to talk to them about it. But yeah, that the Scarberriers are the Mallets. Yeah, I mean, so if here was a Scarberry and that's his grandpa, then you know that's he's one of the original four. I mean, there were so many at the od Okay, let me give you the whole thing. Let me give you the whole thing. I mean, I'll have to give a little bit of a thirty thousand foot of view. So there were there were sightings prior to nineteen sixty six. Okay, so these sightings do go back, but they are isolated, and the main flap happened in November of nineteen sixty six. That the first things that happened were and it's all over West Virginia. It's not just in So. It's a place called Point Pleasant, this tiny little town between these rivers. There was a river town. It's near Galla Police, Ohio. So if you're wondering where Point Pleasant is, it's somewhat close to Columbus. Columbus is the is the next big like Ohio town. And then you know there's all the West Virginia stuff. So there were these different sightings of things that in Point Pleasant you saw the first one. So the very very first one happened at a military in essence bunker up in the TNT area. This is an area in which they had a bunch of explosives and different things from World War Two. So they had ammunition area during World War two, so that if we were ever invaded, they were hidden in these this forested area that you couldn't get to or couldn't see from overhead, and they were in these like igloos, these cement igloos that were supposed to protect them if they exploded, that it wouldn't help you blow everything up. But this area has major issues because you know, this happens in sixty six. World War Two is over in forty five, so you have twenty years of it just sitting there and like stuff's leaking out, things that exploded. It's very toxic. It's gross up there, and it's outside of town. So one night, this this military guy, he's on patrol in that space and he sees a giant bird. Okay, like this giant man bird creature thing couldn't explain it, and he's like, oh my goodness, what and like and he reports it to his officers, says he wants nothing to do with it. So you have that. Then right after that you have a group of guys. Now this is really weird. They were digging a grave because that's what you did in the sixties for the guy's farther in law. There were four men, so instead of paying somebody with a bacco, they were doing it themselves, digging a grave. And over their head flew a giant man bird.
Speaker 1: And so I do it in the South Man people just don't understand. It's like, man, we don't have that five hundred dollars to pay at a ball. We'll just go.
Speaker 3: Get your friends together in front of the guy in the ditch, right, you know. So that's it, and then so like then after that, some really weird stuff starts happening. There's a guy named Meryl Partridge and he had a dog, Bandit Rip Bandit. One night, these red lights show up in his backyard and they're flying around and his dog runs out after the lights, and you know, Merrill's TV exploded, which is really really weird, and then he goes so it's like real paranormal stuff and the dog barking, bark and barking. Then all of a sudden just disappears like there's big huge German shepherd just gone. And the weird thing is Meryl doesn't even go to investigate. He's too like scared to get off the porch. So like it's just these weird things. And then in sixty so November of nineteen sixty six, these four kids were driving in a car. So they were married, there were two couples, but they were also teenagers, so back then you could get married really young, so like they were like seventeen and eighteen whatever, and the Scarberries and mallets, and they were driving around the TNT area because and I've been out there, there's there. It's great straightaway driving. There's you know, probably no cops and it is straightaway so you can just fly, you can have fun. And they were in a fifty seven Chevy and it was it was Roger Scarberry fifty seven Chevy. They're just cruiser around at night, and then all of a sudden they see these two huge red eyes and so these red eyes are peering back of them, and then suddenly this huge bird like creature comes from It was this abandoned power plant that they were in and it comes after them, swooping down and it seemingly is going to a attack the car, so everybody's freaking out. It flies sometimes at beside the car, sometimes on top of the car. There's different iterations. People say that it scratched the car and different things. But they're freaking out. And Roger is doing one hundred miles an hour like he is flying as fast as he possibly can, and the things keeping up. It has no problem. It's making these weird squeaking sounds and it's above them, and then it takes off like and they like it disappears, so the kids freak out. Nancy went back another time, and now get this one. This is bonkers. They went back to make sure that they weren't losing their minds or whatever, and they saw a dead dog, potentially a German shepherd. They think it might have been a German shepherd on the road, which some people say may have been banned it. Now this is gonna be crazy. Where Bandit lived and I think it was Salem, which was ninety miles away, but the dates line up that Mothman could have killed Bandit and brought him up there, or it's a different dog. We don't know. I always say, mothman never heard any humans. The dogs seems like it seems like he ate a lot of dogs.
Speaker 1: I got a sound clip for that one.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, that's great. Perfect. So these kids, what happens is they go to the police, and nobody knows why, but the police, I don't know where. They say, we're gonna have a press conference. So they had this big press conference the next day, and it blows up like it goes. I mean, they were running this story in Tokyo newspapers. You know what I mean. You know, it goes overseas and goes everywhere, and it blows up. And this guy, so it was a bird. The funny part is is Mothman's always been a giant bird, but this we don't know who named it, but this guy named it the mothman. So it was like a reporter or a copy editor or whatever he names it the moth man, and it stuck, you know. So they didn't they didn't go with batman. They didn't. Now, they called it back then they called it the bird, the bird, the bird, but that guy said moth word.
Speaker 1: M hm, Well, I'm sure the rapper bird man was happy. They didn't you know copy r out his later namely.
Speaker 3: Totally would have derailed his entire you know, his entire career would have been shot.
Speaker 1: He would have been the moth Man the rapper right right exactly.
Speaker 3: And so then after that, like it like people make this big, huge monster hunt. People are looking for this thing and everybody is seeing it. So there were something like one hundred and sixty two confirmed moth Man sightings during this time. When I say confirmed, they took it to the police. So they went and they and they filed a report right now, an official report, and then they're seeing it again. And I mean, like, and if you get into this, and I got into it, it's crazy. There's so many just like this person saw it, this person saw it, and this person in the morning that evening, and all these different people. They're seeing these things time and time again, and everybody's like nobody's dying, nobody's whatever. But it's getting really, really really crazy. And it follows. The other thing is Mothman follows this this family or these two families, so the Mallets and the Scarberrys like had multiple times when Mothman visits them yet again, and they're seeing them out the window and they're seeing them all these different spaces. Now it gets really freaky after that, like incredibly freaky, because the Men in Black show up. Now I'm not talking Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones. Okay, I don't know if you know this, but the Men in Black are based in this time frame and they're made popular by this Mothman encounter. Without Mofman, you don't have the movie Men in Black in the series and all of that. These guys and they show up and they're creepy. Okay, there's many theories on what the moth the Men in Black are, but they start, they start interrogating people, threatening people, all of this different stuff, and then the UFO start and it's bonkers. It's like, I mean, it starts with Mothman and then it goes into high strangers strangeness like you wouldn't believe. They also have big Harry Hollmonid sasquatch like creatures that are showing up and terrorizing people. So you have sasquatch like peepers, people's, you have creatures, you have these This is hard to explain. They call it space wolf prints, where there are these massive wolf prints in the ground in spaces that don't make sense for the natural gait and stride of a wolf, and they're deep within as if the wolf was three to four hundred pounds, So these, I mean wolves don't get that big in these different spaces. So this guy named John Keel, he's the one who comes in and he does the research. He is a paranormal researcher from New York and he does he's the one who wrote the book The mom Man Prophecies. But he investigates and he gets into it and it's just all of this crazy, ridiculous stuff that happens is going that's going on for about a year, right, So in nineteen sixty seven, at the end of this story, he had these statements that were made to him. The different characters, men in black ish like characters are telling him that something really bad is gonna happen, but it's very deceptive. They don't give him all the pieces, all the different stuff, but they say something bad is going to happen on the river. Something bad's going to happen on the river. And then on December fifteenth, nineteen sixty seven, we had the worst bridge collapse in US history. So the Silver Bridge which was an incredibly important bridge in that area, had holiday shopping traffic on it. It was like late at night and everybody's on this bridge, and out of nowhere, an ibeam breaks and like the whole thing, just like this massive, huge construct snaps, crackles and breaks, dumping all these cars, all these people into the frigid river waters and forty six people. It was very terrible. It was deeply tragic. The entire area was just immersed in this tragedy. I mean, in a small town, forty six people die, you either related to somebody or you knew somebody died. Everybody was connected. And the crazy part was the sightings and all these different things they didn't stop, but just nobody cared after that. They were so traumatized, broken and they were just trying to get on with life. But they were like, this is it's just crazy. And so for the most part, like they like to take the narratives, they it was thirteen months of terror and then it just ended with the bridge collapse. And then people say it was moth Man. But then you talk to everybody else in the town, they're like, no, it's just a bad eye being right, Like it was just as bad like bad, poor maintenance and all these different things. But regardless, it's tied together that forty six people died in this situation. And so now there have been sightings of moth Men after that, not as many, but there have been sightings. But that is functionally the story of Mothman. Mmmm yep.
Speaker 1: And that's crazy, Like I can't remember who I was talking to, but we had talked about this, and we had mentioned just Mothman briefly about the that book. You know how he's basically a nostradamus. He you know, gives prophecies or warnings and things.
Speaker 3: Well he doesn't, but it's never Mothman. Mothman doesn't talk. It's other characters in this that are potentially supernatural, like John Keel doesn't know. There's a there's a man named mister Apel and we do not know what he is. Okay, he is a type of supernatural character. He knows way too much, and then he's very deceptive too. So Monthman. What happens is Mothman shows up and then other characters, other entities are making these claims and statements, and John Kill's getting these random phone calls and stuff. But it's not Actually, mav Men never.
Speaker 1: Talks okay, because I was talking with the doctor jud Burton.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Doc, he's the best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a year and a half ago. Maybe it's it's been a while, but he actually had just reached out to me through a DM on Facebook and was like, hey, uh, we should do a show on uh Davy Crockett and uh Daniel Boone. He said they're both from your area. He said they both had big foot experiences.
Speaker 2: I was like, huh.
Speaker 1: He's like, yeah, dude, let's talk about it. And I'm like yeah, because I've not heard about it. He's like, okay, well don't read on it either. He said, I want to be fresh. I want to blow your mind and see your face and hear what you have to say as you find out. And so we got together and he laid out that story for me, like I can't remember you know, the names, but one of them I think it might have been. Boone was up in Kentucky hunting with his son and witnessed a bigfoot and that it attacked him. He had had to shoot the thing to save his son, but it got away they couldn't track it. And then Crockett, when he went to Texas to fight at the Alamo for the you know, the freedom of Texas. His last letter home, he wrote he said that he's seen a man in the woods, you know, like seven foot tall, covered in hair, and that it told him to turn around and go back to Tennessee, that nothing but death awaited him in Texas and that he just miraculously disappeared. And he said that he either had an encounter with a ghost or maybe he ate some bad meat or something like that. He said, he maybe ate something bad, you know, at the camp or whatever. But once again, like you know the people say about the moth Man, you have another you know, supernatural experience and then closely after some kind of you know, tragedy like it's except in this instance, it actually did physically warn Crockett to turn around and go back to Tennessee.
Speaker 3: Wow, do you have that episode online? Yeah, I'll check it out. Yeah. Yeah, there's some dude, there's some Daniel Boone Davey Krogson that will blow your mind. So Daniel Boone also is tied to those are color and potentially took a shot at that. So Daniel Boone, I mean again, you know these iterations the big one's Teddy Roosevelt. Teddy Teddy Roosevelt, Well, I mean absolutely believed in Bigfoot, believed this friend was eaton, was killed by Bigfoot, and uh dnsally sought to kill bigot like he.
Speaker 1: Was stained upon that. I've never heard that.
Speaker 3: M h it was in I mean, there was one of his letters. He I mean, it's very accessible, he said, and he calls it a goblin. I don't know, it sounds like that's a pejorita. It's not like what we think, like the green goblin from Spider Man, or it's a pejorative term. But one of his friends on a hunting trip was killed by in essence a Harry wild Man, and he was very angry about it and wanted to and wanted to go back and track this thing up. It's funny, like I do wonder if Teddy Roosevelt would not have become the President of the United States and had so many responsibilities, if he just would have spent his remaining days being a cryptid hunter. Because there's also tie in with the Snally Gaster and Teddy Roosevelt. He wanted to go after the snally Gaster. He allegedly took time off from a he was going to go to Africa to hunt, and he wanted to take time off to go hunt the snelly Gaster in Maryland. So he point blank believe in these creatures.
Speaker 1: That's so cool, man, because you do. You hear all these you know, stories, and a lot of people just you know, laugh or you know, dismiss them, or they say, oh, that's only for the kooks. But then you find out some of these really major, you know, historical figures had experiences and encounters that themselves.
Speaker 3: I mean, Abraham Lincoln will reference the giants in his speech in Niagara Falls, like he point blank says, as those great giants blah blah blah. You know, he was talking about the giants, your giants, Doc Brown, the ones you've been researching. Abraham Lincoln talked about it. So, I mean it's out there.
Speaker 1: Mmmm. Which me trying to look here because I kind of glance at the chat and involve them when they get in here. Somebody had said something and somebody had responded, that's a great theory. I want to see that theory. Uh. Somebody said, I've been saying for years the Nethlin were living in the Appalachian Mountains, Luciferian Colt tied to the CIE. I think they're talking about the the Men in Black that you were talking about earlier.
Speaker 3: Oh, they're they're evil, they're evil, evil, evil. And then the crazy part is is they make this movie where they're the heroes and they're like super accessible and funny and blah blah blah, and it seems like everything the Men in Black do is bad and vicious and inhuman. And yeah, a lot of people think they're the lizard people. So they think that when the Men in Black shove there, because it looks like they're wearing skin, that's.
Speaker 1: What somebody had just said that. Somebody said that they wearing the CIA skin masks as they all look the same or something like that.
Speaker 3: And they talk really weird. They do not talk remotely like us. They're very very very strange. But yeah, they and then they come at all these weird shapes and sizes too. Some of them are incredibly tall and slender. There was a dwarf, like a tiny one that was like under four feet. They're like all they're very very very oddly shaped.
Speaker 1: And see now that I got this context to the CIA, the Men in Black and then you got the whole Alien disclosure thing going on. Now have you seen that new film Disclosure Day?
Speaker 3: Not yet, No, I wanted to. I made the mistake of seeing He Man instead of that, and that was terrible. So definitely should have seen Disclosure Day.
Speaker 1: I'm glad I talked to you because that was gonna be my next one. I was like, oh, man, masters on my face.
Speaker 3: No don't. I mean, you can't go see it or wait wait for it on streaming. It'll be out and it's just hot, moist garbage, just my opinion, and I like those things, but this is bad. So it was that good and don't and Hollywood's learning the lesson. It was bad, like it's not making money, it's getting beat out by obsession and back rooms. You know. That had like a twenty five dollars budget, but yeah, oh no, awful.
Speaker 1: So but in that movie, I won't give you no spoilers, but like one of the main plot lines of it is that there is this group of people that are they're not government, but they're private entities, you know, like big Corp, like Silicon Valley, Elon Musk type people that control the technology and stuff that they've gotten from the entities basically, and they kind of operate as men in black. They go and try to you know, suppress everything and keep it out of the limelight and that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: That makes me wonder if those are correlated, because we always heard about, you know, these men in black showing up the Smithsonian grabbing the bones, you know, and all this type stuff. Is this we always assume government. What's your opinion? Do you do you think that this could be some kind of private company operating, you know, without the leash of the Uh.
Speaker 3: I believe it's it's I think it's beyond government. I think it's outside the jurisdiction of the government. I think there are things that the government definitely tries to cover up, but I think they're innocuous and I think that for the most part, it's very selfish. I think when the government tries to cover up, say like bigfoot sightings, different things, it's so that they don't have to deal with the ramifications of like, hey, this is a new creature that has like what's its range, what's its roaming? Do we have to put you know, do we have to stop logging in these areas or do we have to close down, you know, the the national parks so that Bigfoot can roam, you know. I think it's more that because they don't know what it is. Then I think there's other entities that know what it is and are trying to keep it under wraps slash control everything about it. And I think they're far more nefarious and deeper. And I don't know, I don't know what their full plan is, but I think it's bad for us. So I think they are nefarious, but I don't think they're under the purview of the president on down. I think they exist completely separate and outside, and they're funded outside too. I don't know what the men in Black are, but they are other. That's I mean, I would classify them as other. I don't think they're human beings. If you were to tell me, if you get in the lizard people stuff, which I don't know, maybe right, like how many conspiracies can you believe at the same time, But if they're lizard people, it seems like there's something, you know, are they are the people?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Like? So the lizard people, the seed of the serpent, all those different uh, you know, trends of thought maybe right? Like maybe, but there are other.
Speaker 2: You know, I like that, Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 1: That that that should be your next T shirt the men in Black, you know, like maybe pulling off that c I a mask and seeing the scales underneath and be like the other company. That's funny. But do I need to hook up with you for real? Because like one thing I've expressed to people is I love conferences and especially you know where my book kind of deals with Biblical conspiracy and cryptids. It's kind of a crossover kind of book, so it can kind of get me out of the just the Christian stuff. It can get me into you know, the cryptid type festivals and things like that. But I can or if I do find after the fact, you.
Speaker 3: Know, the Christian cryptid market is very niche. Like I've learned that, you know, Like, so I am a Christian. I have been in the Christian market my whole life. And then you take that tiny, tiny, tiny subset of Christian supernatural cryptid and they do exist. They all listen to blurry creatures, but they do exist. But it is niche. So to some degree, if you want this to get bigger, you need to be able to get out of just that market or you know, beyond, not just out, but grow it beyond that, you know, and there's now they're the cryptid market is growing by leaps and bounds, you know these I mean, dude, I was just at a pestil in Kentucky two weeks ago with fifteen thousand people the Red River Gorge, Kentucky Bigfoot test. Fifteen thousand people was amazing, So lots of T shirts had some great conversations.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's the thing that's I want to get in that space. But uh, like I said, I can never find them. If I do, it's after the fact. And I want to get plugged in with these people too, because like a lot of the I've noticed a lot of the people that talk and stuff at these conferences are usually just you know, kind of like field researchers and stuff like that, and they all it's kind of like, you know, they all have their their one lane. It's like, man, if I could get a shot at the batter's box and get up there and talk about the cryptids and stuff, but through a biblical supernatural worldview.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you here's the problem. Here's because I've done it, I've spoken, and here's the problem with it. The reason those guys get booked all the time is because the number one thing in that community is they want proof of the existence of Bigfoot. That's the number one Like they don't they don't want theories, they don't want the supernatural. They definitely don't want supernatural, like they freak out about supernatural. And I'm not saying they don't want a biblical perspective, but they want a biblical perspective to prove the existence of a relic eight horminid creature. And and that's all. So that's those are the only people to get booked are celebrities that help further that narrative. God. They do not give into the wu Wu at all, pretty much. They won't. They won't put up with the wu Wu. It has to be and and they're out, and I'm gonna shots fire, you ready, shots fired? Almost almost shots fire. Almost every single one of those speakers is incredibly boring, like like grotesquely, like you wouldn't sit through, Like it's like a biology class in high school. It's just bad. Not all of them, I'm not saying all of them, but ninety eight percent. It's just that they and they don't know how to speak to a crowd. They're not I mean, and they're super zeroed in on their thing, their field and their theory. Oh my goodness. It's like.
Speaker 1: I've noticed that the few that I have been to though, like where I've had a table and stuff set up and brought my books, I've I've sold out my books. It's like the people eat it up. And I've heard because there's some that look at it in scoff, you know, because they want the physicality anything about the Bible they're gonna huh. But there's several that I come across man that found it very interesting, you know, and it's something different in that pond of like you said, of the monotonous same thing. You know, clear eyes is an ingredient to moisturize, you know, here's something with some color and loud, you know. So it's like, oh, what's what's going on over here? So I definitely love to get plugged into that space. So it's like I need I need some friends like you that knows where all these events are and go, because I love to to set up and have a take files.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can be your guide, I'll be your gandalf I love it.
Speaker 1: Bringing the Wisdom from Middle Earth. Well, man, well, dude, I want to keep you too long. I know, I told you we try to keep us around an hour. And there's so much that book. I know we just barely kind of pull back. But that's the thing.
Speaker 3: Well, I got so much. I get like you want to talk deep dive. It's the deepest dive in this book. So yeah, this we cover it all. I love it. Man.
Speaker 1: Well, I tell you, guys, what a little contest for you. Guys, Uh, share this, Hype this video and tag it, tag me or email me proof that you've done it on the website. Go to the website Promethe Slynn's podcast dot com, or find me on socials and tag me. Give me proof that you hyped or shared this video. We'll give it forty eight hours. I will randomly pick a winner. I will pay myself for an autograph copy of this fine book and get it to you. So get the word out. Help this man promote his book, help me promote this channel, and I will reward you. I will reward you. Finally, Well, brother, before we go, man, let everybody know if they've enjoyed this and enjoyed you, because I've thoroughly enjoyed you man. I want to have you back for a lot more conversation.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: So let everyone know where they can find you and best support you, bro.
Speaker 3: Crypted Empire dot com. Crypted Empire dot com, so that's where you can go buy everything. That's where you can get a hold of me, and that's all the different stuff. But also give me a follow on Instagram. You can see my journey. I'm at Crypted Empire on Instagram. I'm at Crypted Empire on Facebook. Just give me a follow. I promise you're gonna love it. It's gonna be fun, exciting. Stop crypt at Empire dot com awesome.
Speaker 1: Well, guys, be sure to check him out sporty stuff, and like I said, share this video. Hop this video, give me some proof that you've done it forty eight hours, I will send some lucky Shay a copy of this man's work. I love you guys. Come check me out Sunday night for the live reading Friday for the Prometheish report on that channel for your local news or not local news sorry, world news. But love you guys. Be sure to check us out. And hey, just remember the difference between what the known and the unknown That is the journey, my friends, So good journey guys.
Speaker 2: So you steal the fire, frozen.
Speaker 3: Us.
Speaker 2: They call it dangerous, thank until they call it heresy.
Speaker 1: Mhm