Speaker 1: Big food and be on with Cliff and Bulbo. These guys are your favorites, so like to subscribe and raid it.
Speaker 2: Five stary and.
Speaker 1: Righteous to go on yesterday and listening, oh watching lin always keep its watching. And now you're hosts Cliff Berrickman and James Boogle Fay Clifford James, Hello, Hello, how you doing?
Speaker 2: Man? All right?
Speaker 3: All right? We got a yawie hunter from Australia. We got Gary Lynn joining us tonight.
Speaker 2: Hello, Gary, Hi, Gary, good evening, goes hey, are you surviving?
Speaker 1: Plus a little bit so can't complain for.
Speaker 3: The listeners we had, uh, we had Dean Harrison on here. That is the head of our show, the founder of our show and our research. And Gary here is one of his top right hand men. Of the men in the field down.
Speaker 2: There, you might on the one that carries his bags and helps him get up heels. He can't clowmb one himself.
Speaker 1: Spoken like a true Australian. Yeah, yeah, because you know we've been to Australia. We filmed the course finding Bigfoot down there and one thing it's one of those stereotypes I kind of hold true is Australians were kind of rough around the edge. Man, they're gonna mess with you if they can. And I think that was a good example Gary of like littling the organization's founder.
Speaker 3: Good job, Well it's funny because it's true.
Speaker 2: That's right man. If if if you can't hang a bit of crap on the the the layed representative of the organization, and you know what, what can you do?
Speaker 1: Yeah he's not even here, so let's let's let's really let loose on him.
Speaker 3: What brought you to the Australian A y R is Australian researched us to their organization? So what probably to a y R? Was it an experience or a siting or just interest?
Speaker 2: Pretty much? Well three mine is uh you know I've always had look, look, look many people. I've always had an interest in the subject, be paranormal or yeah, yalli, bigfoot at all that corner creepy spooky stuff. And it pretty much started off actually involving myself in the subject in a physical manner, going to certain locations where we think they might be. Like myself and a friend of mine who we had no idea what we're doing, just a couple of no hopers with torches walk around the bush at night, and the bar got set quite high one night when we went to a certain location where there's actually yowie crossing painted on the road, so there's obviously been signings in this area. So we thought, what's the better place to go out for our first time is to go out there, And that night involved lots of walking around, not by us. We could hear something walking around the bush up on the ridge above us, and then my good friend he decided to say that he could hear some possible vocalizations further, say a calumity on the road a bit further. So we jump back in the car. And this is the point where I learned that you never ever turn the audio recording device off until the night is done and dusted. So at that particular time, I was using my phone as an audio recorder, so I wasn't actually using a recording device. So things have changed these days. So we jumped in the car, I press pause and on the audio recording app on the phone. We drive down the road. We get out. As soon as we get out, on the left hand side of this particular location where this road goes through the forest, is this big wall of lantanas. Lantana's a very prickly invasive vine slash bush and something behind that that's wall of lantana, screamed at us. And it was the loudest thing I've ever heard. I go to a fairfee death millal concerts, and the sound reverberation you could feel the sound waves vibrate through your chest cavity. It was that loud. I'm only talking maybe twenty feet away at the most. And then we sort of hung around there for a bit and we proceeded to listen to two other possible beings coming in from the north and the northwest, until we were in the middle of a triangle and we basically go freaked out, jumped in the car and left. And that was our first experience into actually doing I wouldn't call research, to call it going out and kicking around the bush with no idea what we're doing. And then yeah, we did that a few times. And one day I was on the way home on my bike back up because I live in the gold Case Hinsland up in the mountains, and coming back up the mountain after a ride, and I see this black car coming down the mountain and I happened to catch a number plates at Yowie and I spun around and chase this black car back down the mountain. It certainly was I'm not too sure what he was thinking with this, this guy on a high performance super sport bike come up behind and reving the bike and waving at him, thinking he think he's probably done something. And you pulled over and we proceeded to have a chat to be at that particular knot, and from there, you know, we sort of kicked along a bit, conversations here and there until I was finally able to get out on my first research not with Vane, and it has been an amazing roller coaster ever since.
Speaker 3: Well, there was a.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: Oh not actually that long ago. That's interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, like I'll mean, you know when we got screamed out was probably twenty seventeen. A few other experiences and getting it doing things previous to that.
Speaker 1: So I'm kind of relieved in a way as you were describing to some of your earlier experiences and how you got into this, that it seems that you guys go about it the same way. You just basically jump in and start doing it, even though you don't know what you're doing and kind of just learn the ropes as you go. That's how most Americans, I think, do it. That's certainly how I did it. We can all start out with like Bobo, being an expert before you do it, but like for the rest of us, we just kind of muddle around in the dark for it. And it sounds like you did the same thing.
Speaker 2: Exactly all my log It's it's like a side of people will told me when you when you're driving around you get lost, the best best way to find it where you are is to get lost. Sometimes it doesn't work yet, you know, for the best, but for the most part it does.
Speaker 1: I feel I almost feel bad about for the people who do it any other way because I only know as much as I do. And I don't think I know a lot, mind you, but I only know as much as I do because I've made so many mistakes, and if those mistakes aren't yours, you know, I don't feel you learn as much from them. I think the beginning times, when you're learning to fly, that's probably the most important time in any bigfooter or Yawi hunter's career of doing that is because you get to make all your own mistakes and learn from them. And if you're learning from a mentor, that's great, but that mentor can tell you. I'm going to tell you this because I made my mistakes and I don't want you to make the same mistakes.
Speaker 2: But I don't.
Speaker 1: I just don't think you get as much from that. You need to get out there and really blow it for yourself.
Speaker 2: You know, you are exactly what and even for the most part, it's also bad the experience and learning on the job as such, even when you are out in the field doing this kind of research. Yeah, as you guys, I look, you can go ten times in a row and only one time you'll actually have some kind of basing activity because unfortunately they work on their time table and or their time table. But at the same time, you find new areas, you find new access points, you find things you probably wouldn't wouldn't have found or come across or learned if you didn't make those mistakes in the first place.
Speaker 1: And there are your mistakes, and that just makes it even more personal, and it gives you a better foundation for later on, you know, because no one's going to make cliff mistakes. That's my job and you can learn from me. And that's great if they don't have to go through the same rigamrow and they don't have to make the same mistakes and learn the hard way. But there is no other way to learn it. You got to go out there and make a fool yourself, say things that are incorrect and public and be you know, that sort of stuff. We all do it, you know, if you have a website, we do it. You know, we make public mistakes. I think that's an important part of the growing process and frankly maturing process, which I think is an important aspect of this that a lot of people to talk about for sure.
Speaker 2: Mat I mean, look, as you guys know, like there's there's no real set way written down the book method of how to do this research. Different areas require different aspects of research, so you kin'dt have you can't have to adapt to each particular research area you go to. Uh, you know, let's say the location we're out last night, we have a set protocols for that area, but if we go to another location in an hour and a half north, we have to we have to attack that area in a different manner. So in doing so, not not only progressing your research, but you're also learning as you go about. You know, as you see you know those mistakes, what to and what not to do, and again you try to tried to progress that research in as much of a positive manner as you can.
Speaker 1: Now you just mentioned that you have different protocols for different areas. Now we'll get to I wouldn't know your areas, of course, but some people listening might, so we're not going to pokey on that too hard and broad you but what are some of the protocols and how do they differ from protocols in other areas that when you do field work, as.
Speaker 2: You guys may know lock when, I'm pretty sure a fair few researchers over your sort of fence do the same sort of thing. So so I add nton with your head lamps, a lot of the time you're using red lot on your head lamp. So around base camp we use we use white light basically basically because we want to use base camp as an attracted area. Once we leave base camp, it's either no light at all or it's red light, depending on your situation. On the situation, depending on the train and where exactly what you're venturing off to we have found that certain beings in certain areas are a bit more brazen than others. It's the location last night. We have to kind of be a little bit more stealth mode because they seem to be very clued on that area. So we basically have to go around as quite as we possibly can, make sure that we're not flashing his light around, make sure the lights and the cameras are covered up, because you know, these thermal cameras do have stand by lights and you actually can see that through the bush. Certain locations further north, where the areas are different, these beings are more are a lot more happy to come out in the open as such, not in the sense of the you know, they can step out and shake your hand, but they don't seem to be as stealthy as the beings that we were that we were with the area of the area that we're at last night, so that that kind of area, you you actually can sit and wait out in the open and make a bit more noise. So you kind of just adapt to these certain areas certain methods. Again, other places as well, where these beans might be a little bit more standoffish, not so much aggressive but a little bit on edge as such. So again the place for it last night, we probably can walk down those trails and through the bush by ourselves, but locations further north, we sort of may have to make sure that we go from pairs for a safety aspect.
Speaker 3: From the AE that's the safety you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, for sure. I mean like they don't seem to be particularly aggressive unless you sort of get closer to the kids or closer to the females. Like a lot of people know the encounter that Dean had many years ago a place called kil Keeven where Dean got a bit too close to one's missus and he paid the price for it. Likely he's here today for it. But yeah, when they get a little bit too close to the females, a little bit too close to the kids, that then they tend to get a little bit more protective. Not all time. I think it's a seasonal thing. Maybe if there is a birthing, a possible berthing in the in the area, we'll start here. Reports of juvenile sightings that kind of thing, and also more rock thrain tends to happen as well.
Speaker 3: Prior to that night where you guys got the footage. I'm sure a lot of a lot of our listeners aroosed seeing that footage. I think it's the best thermal footage ever gotten. Had had you seen one before that.
Speaker 2: I've had many experiences. I've heard them very close to me again, I've been screamed at. I've heard whistles, growls, pops walking, all that usual kinds of stuff very close to me, around me, behind me. And previous to that particular night, we were actually son below that ridgeline is a dam, and we decided one not to take the kayaks and clike to the very far end of his dam where we think the their sort of home territory home territory might be. We did so, and that night involved seeing eye shine, hearing something move off, footprints found, and then once we came back to the kayaks, sorry, back across the end of the dam and loaded the kayaks back into my van. When I was laying Mike Kayak into the van, I actually heard something move across the road. Because with a lot of these locations in these roads, these roads are going through dense forests. It's not a real open area. So again when I was laying Mike Clake in the van across the road. I could I heard something move. I didn't worry too much about it. And then Dean went upload his klike and he heard a bit of a grumble growl kind of noise. So that sparked off a bit of a bit of an investigation into the area. So we came back at a later date, more so focusing on the lower side in between the road and the dam. So the first night that we came back and got decent, decent interaction myself, Shanning Guthrie and Dean, we were at a base camp. Dean went up the track to just basically sit up there in the dark and you sit quietly and just have listen and see what comes about. Myself and Shannon state a base camp and after about half an hour or so, Dean comes out of the radio and says, I can hear something pushing through the bush, excuse me, pushing through the bush down below me. He said it was by a pedal, quite quite clearly, by a pedal from what he could hear. So I radio threw it to Dean and said, okay, well would you like would you like some back up? And he said no, no, I'm fine, just just just sit tight, Okay, now worries. So he still came out of the radio saying, you know, reporting what he can hear, he can't seeing at this particular time, just just all audio. And then next thing, you know this if you can, if you picture the sound of when someone dives a stunt kite and a mechanical buzz. Myself and Shannon heard that. We look up through the tree canopy and this big black debt V flies directly out of the top of us. Nobody what it was, Just like if you've got to two f trucks and point of them knows to nose in a V shape. That's basically the size of it. No lights, nothing like that. You said, this mechanical humming corn of noise. It flew over the top of us. And then Dean straight off that. Dean, here's this being crashing through the through the valley. Blow him even more. Okay, So that that situation right there has this obviously a lot more excited. We came back the next not the next night, but another night after that, and I was up on the main road while Dean the other guys were down lower and I was focusing more on that area directly across the road where I heard that movement that night. And next thing I hear like like basically a bulldozer coming down down the hill there. So I pulled the therm or camera up. I see this massive heats in literally coming down the hill. I can't tell what it is. And on top of that, this is my first time using this particular film cramera, so I'm not quite up to date on the buttons and focusing in that kind of thing. I'm still working it out. And as this massive heat blob comes down the hill closer towards me and then splits into two, and then I realize what I'm actually looking at. I'm looking at what I believe is two yali is. One splits off to the left, one splits off to the right, The one I left sits down. It didn't he is facing my direction, but it didn't appear to be looking at me as such. I don't think he knew I was there. The other one off to the right had its hand on the embankment, and it was with its right hand it was ripping out roots and that kind of thing from the ground and throwing them behind it. The clarity of this footage wasn't the best. Again, it is my first time using this camera. I'm talking maybe one hundred feet away, so again it wasn't that wasn't that close to really get good proper detail anyway, Uh that that's that particular sorting loss for about fifteen minutes until a noise was made and then I must have realized I was standing down there, and I took off. We we did get some video and still fully from it. It's not it's not the best. It's nothing locked the thermals that everyone knows about. But that rot there was my, I guess, introduction to a proper physical sorting.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo. Will be right back after these messages. You know, Bobes, squatching season is in full swing and I can't help but know this. You're wearing that gun squatch and the hats. But are you wearing that hat to support your favorite hobby or to hide your thinning hair? You don't have to answer that, Bobes, because HYMNS offers access to a range of prescription treatments that are awesome out in the woods while you're squatching for hair regrowth. So you can see results by the time that you actually hear that vocalization. HYMNS offers convenient access to a range of prescription hair loss treatments with ingredients at work, including choose oral medications, serums and sprays for sure. Doctor trusted clinically proven ingredients like finasteride and monoxidel can stop hair loss and regrow hair in as little as three to six months. Y get started from the comfort of home, fill out an intake form, and a medical provider will determine if treatment is right for you. If prescribed, your treatment is sent directly to you for free. Classic The process is one hundred percent online, which means getting started has never been more convenient. HYMNS has helped hundreds of thousands of men get their confidence back with visibly thicker and squatchier hair. Start your free online visit today at hymns dot com slash beyond.
Speaker 3: That's HIMS dot com slash beyond for your personalized hair loss treatment options.
Speaker 1: MS dot com slash beyond. Individual results may vary based on studies of topical and oral monoxidyal and finastera Raide. Prescription required see website for full details. Restrictions and important safety information.
Speaker 3: When I watched the recreations, I wasn't sure like how close, like how accurate the estimations were that Dean was giving. Did you guys, did you ever get back in there like really measure full, like you know, get real detailed measurements.
Speaker 2: As in the distance from the camera location to them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like because I remember he was saying, like, you know, about eight feet nine feet whatever some oh.
Speaker 2: The height, yes, yes, so the het was actually about none and nine and a half foot distance from from from the camera to where I was standing was roughly about fifty to fifty four feet through the thick foliage and that kind of thing. And again you know, like those beings none nine and a half at all. And I found some track impressions which measured about eighteen nineteen inches. Unfortunately, nothing castable because the terrain back there is just not a castable environment. It's all leaf litter and grass and that kind of thing. But you can still quite clearly see these foot impressions an inch two inches into the ground. And yeah, they're about eighteen nineteen inch foot impressions I speak. Yeah, it was an amazing I mean, the whole thing, like with the footage, it's actually about twelve minutes long, even though Buck only captured I think it's sixteen seconds. I think it is of them stepping out and picking up or putting down whatever they may be doing. But the whole thing is about about twelve minutes. And at the first part of it he is actually watching something off to the left where he could see through the camera see eye shine and see your hand around a stump, so something was behind the stump and actually watching him. And that it was about forty five minutes to an hour later to the right where these other two being stepped out and we're talking about I think the whole thing started about nine thirty nine. It continued on with the thermal captures un till about eleven thirty, back and forth, back and forth. And after that, I think it's probably about two thirty where things actually started to die down. But when I say died down, I don't mean stop, like they stayed around camp the whole night. Myself and Buck sat up while Dine in the shadow went to bed, jumped in the hammocks and went to sleep. And yeah, myself and Buck sat up on the chairs because you know what we're pumped. We're we're excited, were pumped, just talking and talking about the situation and the whole time will sit in there. You could hear them doing laps around our camp. Couldn't see them, like too far away and behind too thick a foliage to be able to seening, but you could hear the heavy board peter footsteps doing laps around camp. We call them shotguns in the night, so when they snap branches that kind of thing, see, look a shotgun going off. So we could plan the shotguns going off around camp all my pretty much. And then yeah, as you most like I saw in the video, we get up the next morning and there's all these these sticks that gemmed in the ground where Buck was standing when he captured the thermal, and the things with those sticks in the ground earlier that night, when Buck was walking up and down the track, and I'd go up to him and we'd be both up there and we change the locations, et cetera. Buck actually went further than where he filmed those two beings, and I come out of the radio and said, you know, would you like a chair? So I grabbed a camping chair and I walked up there. It's probably about one one hundred and twenty meters from camp. So I grabbed a chair and walked up, and I walked straight through where those sticks were at roughly one o'clock in the morning, and they sticks weren't there. Next, you know, five feet in the morning, they sticks have been placed. But I mean the whole sage, which was just so exciting, basically as simple as that. I mean, like when when even to the point when when these beings were done and they moved off. Buck was in his position. The other other three of us are back of camp. Buck's coming out of the radio saying give giving his updates to what's going on. And I said to Buck at one stage, would you like me to come up to your location and say, you know, I've got you back? Because even though he had these two possible three beings on one side of the track, he could hear some strange noises on the opposite side of the track. So I said, right, well, I'll come up there and have you back if need be. And as soon as I left the firelight from camp, Buck comes over the ratio stop stopsp sp stop what he said? As soon as I left the firelight from camp, he said, these two beings. They turned their heads, they looked at me, they looked at him, they looked at me. And when I left camp, I left camp with with with with no lights nothing. I just walked into the darkness with no light. And as soon as I left the firelight, I knew exactly where I was, but looked at me, looked at him back and forth, and then that's when they moved off with it without a sound.
Speaker 1: That the night you got the footage. Were you also playing classical music? As you mentioned earlier, we were What were you guys doing around camp that that perhaps drew them in to take a look at you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so near lok we West Dean plays classical music. I'm not the biggest fan of classical music, but hey, so yeah, don't don't play classical music.
Speaker 1: Long hair, loud music.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: That was that was rock and roll of the day.
Speaker 2: Well, I think, I mean, yeah, even if we come back to that, I mean, if it was up to me, If if it's up to me and I'll play Death Middle out there, I don't think we get many positive reactions. I think the the engine vibration of the of the death meddle when we go over to well but so yeah, so classical music, even the soundtrack from Top Gun, things like that, purely just to get an attracted I got a connection of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you just brought up a really important important thing here, Gary, I'm sorry to interrupt and everything as far as Top Gun, is it the original Top Gun or the sequel?
Speaker 2: Now? The original?
Speaker 1: The original? Okay, So it's a direct connection to Bobo then, is what you're saying. Like the Yoweys are attracted to Boat because you know, Bobo was involved with the Kenny Loggins song Playing with the Boys. He was actually in the video, so.
Speaker 2: He was a little bit footloot, an't I something.
Speaker 1: Like that, more like belly bumping, volleyball sort of stuff. But yeah, dolphin shorts, Yeah, the real bobes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And of course you know it's a shame he's on radio because he really does have the physique and the dolphin shorts of a you know, sex symbol like that. Start interrupt, But you brought up an important point. Classical music and Top Gun soundtrack is what we got.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly right. I even had a video there somewhere in my fine way. I'm sitting halfway between camp and back in the darkness, and next thing, a Dean starts playing danger Zone from that stand from that soundtrack, and yeah great, yeah, nice mate, nice, but yeah, both of you do that kind of thing again. Keep the white light to camp to create and attract. And we even get the get the camping barbecue out, start cooking up some moneys and steaks or sausages just to get that smell out look the average camper does again as an attractant to to try and hopefully bring something in.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And I think but with this particular area they I think we've sort of come to the point and the realization that it's not it's not the music or the food that much that brings them in. It's just a very high, highly active area. I mean this this particular location. Look up above, end below. When you enter a certain location, you'll hear a whistle in the valley below you as soon as you enter location, and then the tree knock on the ridge above you. So they're clearly watching what's going on. With this particular area. We found foot impressions for to be the X markers. We've heard old old men mumbling in the bush, which, as you guys know, like you could hear someone talking in a deep tone, but they're far enough away you can't understand what they're saying. So we've got that kind of thing. We've also got the scat that we found in the creek book directly below the thermal location. And this this this scat, we had it sent to Sydney for testing and with the worm and bacteria account you know, obviously tell the different levels of what we know what kind of animal the scats come from, depending on that that on that those levels of the worm and bacteria, and as you may know, the if it comes back at the lost levels, it's human slash primate, and these levels came back at that human slash primate. But when the the University City went to cross reference with cross cross reference to fin is with human DNA as such, they could not match up this scat with any known human DNA, so basically come back as unknown, which obviously it doesn't give chancewers, but it also gives us a bit of a bit of a positive up as well, being that they have that they can't identify it on any of the tables they have. So I think this whole area is very active, regardless of music, regardless of food, smells and that kind of thing as well. We still do it, you know, to try and keep that that predictability as such as well. But yeah, I mean the guy, the guys were out on Thursday night just gone and they got another two thermal captures from that particular era. Unfortunately, they're not the same quality or any groundbreaking thermals like well Buck got that that night almost eighteen months ago. But one in one particular you can clearly say there's a head with oyes and a nose, and then the other one you can clearly see a humanoid. Tod biggest standing.
Speaker 1: The stay tuned for more Bigfoot and beyond with Cliff and Bobo. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just progress. You just gotta keep going it doing what we do because unfortunately you don't get results sitting on the couch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you know, you said something here like it's not groundbreaking footage like the other one is. But I'd like to point out that that's not the point. You know, I think that you really are hitting the nail on the head here because you kind of circle back around on that a little bit. It's not one individual piece of footage it's going to do anything. It's going to it's a collection of footage that's going to turn heads and draw more interest. I just had a conversation with doctor Todd Dissattel maybe two years ago or something like that, unless I might had a face to face with him, and we were talking about the prospects of trying to prove the species the sasquatch in this case, without collecting a type specimen, you know, without killing one essentially. And Todd was saying, you know, he's a skeptic. He's open to the subject, but he's a skeptic. He's got a PhD. He pretty much knows what he's talking about, right for the for the most part, you know. And he was saying that if you could get a collection of footage and a collection of footprints and a small collection of DNA, all from the same area, that would actually go quite a long ways in a lot of scientist's mind towards the supporting the species existence.
Speaker 2: I suppose. Now.
Speaker 1: Of course, what a lot of people don't realize is that once you draw the scientists in, they will kill one and it'll all be over essentially, or they're going to get somebody to kill one or something like that. A dead one will happen no matter what, no matter what avenue you approach this problem, a dead one is the final result. But at the same time, if you're not you know, I personally don't want to pull the trigger. I get it, you know, but that doesn't stop me from trying to get a collection of footprints and video and whatever else from one area. Now, Todd did say a collection of good video, which is different than thermal, But a therma is a good start. And the fact that you've gotten more than one thing out of this one area is groundbreaking. That in itself is groundbreaking. It'd be the same achievement as if you pulled a bunch of footprint casts out of one area, as Tom Shay did or Bob Titmas did, or Paul Freeman and West Summerlin and Bill Lowry and those guys did, And you are doing that groundbreaking work. So I guess this is me gently encouraging you to not downplay what you're doing by saying that that was groundbreaking. But this is not because I think you have to look at your work and your collection as a whole, and then you realize, holy smokes, we're really doing something here and it sounds like you guys are.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Matt, I've very muchly appreciate that, very very homewards And yeah, I guess yeah, we put that way. Yeah, you're right again. Look I got back to thermals plenty plenty four print scat. There's even possible more more scat fan last night. Yeah, it's again. You just got to keep keep plugging forward and do what we can do. And I do the best we can do, really, eh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it sounds like you're being very successful and that in itself is groundbreaking. I don't know. I mean, no one knows much about the YAUI of course, and probably even less than people know about sasquatches really because there's so few people in Australia taking an interest versus you know, in the States here, but up in the States. It's the data is showing that the sasquatches run here seem to stay in the same general area. They don't you know, move six hundred miles one direction and you know that sort of thing. They kind of stay put in this you know, ten by or fifteen by fifteen mile area or something like that. I don't know if that's the case with the awoy's. I assume it is. But if that's the case, you're getting information. You're getting data from the same yaois again and again and again, and that is going to push the ball further down the field. You're going to learn a lot more about not only the species, but your individual group of the aoy's that you're dealing with, which will help you, in turn in the future get even more information from it. It's a snowball effect. So you are doing everything right now, that's going to be happier. There's a group of guys down there, group of people down there doing what you guys are doing for sure.
Speaker 2: Man, I mean, look, you going back to the population, I do agree that they do stay in a particular kind of era. We have sort of worked out within the Gold Coast Hinderland that there is a general general sort of four to five different troops or groups tribes, which whichever y you want a classic for what but gaing bar reports that come into us, you know every single day, the office side of people, whatever whatever number you have in your head about day population, it's not even close. Pretti. The wholes and coast of Australia it's just scattered with sightings everywhere, littered everywhere, and with those kind of reports. They come in from obviously different areas, different descriptions, different sizes, as in quite big and buff built, all too tall and skinny. We've also got the smaller beings well, the gingity brown jacks. We don't get as many reports them, but they do spread right through eastern Australia for the most part, from tip of Queensland right down to Victoria. So yeah, the migratory paths. I don't think they're as big as what some people may think, exactly like what you said, but I think their population is a lot greater than what people would expect. As well.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the ginger d for a minute. The brown jacks. Have you had such an experience with those things?
Speaker 2: Unfortunately not. I've spoken to many people, even within my local community who had experiences and seen them. We don't get too many reports. I think the last report that we had come in was a couple of months ago from a bit further on the northern side of the Gold Coast, from a guy who was driving home at about eleven eleven thirty at night and he was doing about sixty five mile an hour and he's driving a w X with a big body, kitten that kind of thing. As he's coming down the road, he saw on the left hand side of the road what he thought was a rabbit or a wallaby or something like that. So he slowed down and then when he got closer, this thing stood up and he could quite clearly see it was a small humanoid, hairy figure. So he said he slowed down to about ten to twenty kilometers an hour, so very very slow, and this being then picked its knees up and like an Olympic sprinter, sprinted across the road in front of him. Now, usually with these kind of encounters, this particular person, it's not his first experience, so he was he was able to rationalize, rationalize that particular sighting and encounter lord easier than what most people think. So this particular person is part five gene. And in Fiji they call him the Lequa elie Ka. And he said they live amongst the mangraves, and it's quite commonly known amongst the fi Jeans about the Lecqua. And from his description over the phone, he's very close to what we describe as the brown Jack, the dunity three to four foot tall, basically basically a miniature yowi. H They from reports, they tend to get around in groups, and they tend to be quite mischievous as well, going through campsites, destroying camp sites, stealing things. As opposed to the yowi or the quink and the Dula girl, they'll sort of come in, they'll check things out, maybe tap the tap on the car, tap on the caravan, press their hand on the tent and fill your face as you're trying to sleep. But yeah, the same to just like to play games instead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and of course our listeners you're probably piecing it together. But the ginger Da or the brown jack is a small sasquatch or yowie like thing that lives down there, three four or five feet tall, somewhere in that stretch, which has given a lot of support and credence now because of the discovery of not only Homo floresiensis down in the island of Floores, which is not that far away, but also Homo lose on ences, a new human species. It is also small, very few fossil has been recovered from it. But again it's another small three to four foot tall hairy homanoid, and even to this present day there is at least one and possibly two forms of small relic hominoids on the island of Flores where Homo fleuresiensis was discovered. Now, how they got to Australia, I don't know. Probably the same way everything else did, I suppose. But reports like this are prevalent and still go on to this present day. And my question to you, Gary would be is and then this I really don't know this, So it's a good question for me, I think. Is there any way to tell between to differentiate between a brown jacker, a gingity and a juvenile yahwi okay?
Speaker 2: I can only answer that from basically a witness testimony. So our teammate Shannon Guthrie, so a little a few months ago, he was on his way to work on the back side of the mountain that I live on at four point thirty in the morning on his motorcycle. Came around the corner and there is a small being on the side of the road in the middle of the road and he actually had to correct his line on his bike. They say he wouldn't hit this bean in the middle of the road and going from his description this this being was very child like in appearance. And then when we speak to other beings, sorry, other witnesses who have had gringity experiences, they tend to often give give the representation that the face of these smaller beings is very is very old and weathered, basically like an elderly person in the face. So that's that's really the closest we can get to actually differentiating between a juvenile yooi and a jingity. So apart from that, it's it's it's the jingity getting around in their little groups and the yowi getting around in pairs as such. Unfortunately, we haven't come across too many cases where we can actually distinguish between the two.
Speaker 1: What a our footprint casts like after a sighting of one of these that you think is either a brown jack or a yowi or maybe a juvenile yady yawi, are there any differentiations or marks? I guess that one can tell the difference between those beasts and the footprints.
Speaker 2: Not that we've sayen we've only really come across the yowi footprints, and we have come across smaller childlike footprints, but they're often walking parallel with is like a fifteen sixteen seven inch footprint rob beside them, So we've often taken that as a juvenile yaley walking with their parent. I personally don't even think I've even heard of anyone even coming across tingity footprints to be honest.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, we were showed some we were shown some stuff when we were down there where Ray Dowry actually showed us. Dougherty showed us some stuff, but I couldn't tell the difference between human and that. I mean, they looked human to me, and I would think that if these things are, if these things are at all related to homophoresciences or something like that, which I would have, I think as a reasonable guess that they might be, you know, don't know for sure, but a reasonable guess they would have some sort of flexibility in the mid part of their foot, and these that we saw simply did not, which is one of the confounding things about Australia, at least the things that I found to be confounding is that, yeah, you do find barefoot footprints out in the brush, but the Aboriginals, the indigenous people of Australia, never wear shoes unless they go into town because they don't want to get like civilizations filth on them. But for the most part they're they're walking around barefoot out in the woods, which really, you know, makes things a little bit more difficult to discern. I guess, so I don't know, do you have any thoughts on that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. That's like in certain locations where we have found the smaller type footprints, we have to think rationally. We alsoys have to rule out what it could be before saying what it is. Which in any kind of research, regardless what we find, including last night, you always have to reule out what it could be before saying what it is. Not everything is how we will be related. Uh, And when we have found these smaller type footprints, we have we altously get excited. Here's some footprints, is you know, three four track impressions in a line gain a particular direction. But then you got to think, okay, well, we've come here, we've noticed that there's four drive tracks coming here, We've noted that noticed that people go to the creek a couple hundred meters dinner to go for a swim. So when we sort of come across these kind of things, we'll obviously have to take that into consideration that it might not be what we want to want it to be. It could just be people and kids walking as opposed to driving on these tracks to get to the creek. And again coming back to the terrain of Australia, it is very hard to actually get castable footprints on top of that as well, and with the hundreds of track impressions of found where you can see TOAs you can see heel, I've only made four or five casts out of hundreds that I found that were actually decently castable. Otherwise you can make the cast, but you're not going to say anything. Even with the trying to look for a mid tass will break, You're just not going to see it. So unfortunately, it can be very situational as well.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo. Will be right back after these messages. I was perusing your footprint stuff over on the Yowi Hunters dot com website and that's a great website by the way, and some of these footprints and there's some handprints on there which I think are pretty interesting. Some of these footprints, the footprint finds are very compelling, very compelling, and very reminiscent of the Sasquatch here in North America. But something I'm noticing here, even if they don't look human to me, and there's some telltale field marks that you'd want to look to see if they're human. Some of them are reminiscent of human, but some of the ones are not, And they tend towards being fairly small, is what I've noticed. Yeah, there's some bigger ones on here, don't get me wrong, there's fifteen, sixteen, even some seventeen inch ones as far as I can tell, but some of these look quite small and quite inhuman. At the same time, I'm actually very impressed with some of the footprints that have been photographed and some of the few have been that have been casted as well, so good job on that stuff. It also appears that they seem to walk with very little straddle on their footprints, which is another hallmark of the North American Sasquatch as well. They're not quite exactly tightroad walking, as I've mentioned before in this podcast, that is really overblown in the Bigfoot community. We really say they're an exact straight line through the snow well it's probably an animal jumping. Then there's always a little bit of straddle and you see just a smidge of straddle between these left and rights that you have trackways photographed of. And they're very interesting and very compelling, and looking at some of these footprints, a lot of them remind me of other footprints in the data set here from North America. And it's really great that you guys put all that out so we can learn from what you guys are doing down there too.
Speaker 3: Some of those stuff we look human.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some of them I think are probably human, but there are many actually, even some of the smaller ones that are in the human range that I don't think are really tiny.
Speaker 3: One looks like that Cas Dave Ellis got up in Washington, the baby four inch foot one.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at one right now. It is Nightcap National Park, I guess. And then we in Conservation Area, New South Wales. That little baby print is adorable. First of all, it's just absolutely precious, and it's with a larger one. But that even that larger one doesn't look very large. Might have been what nine inches maybe ten or something. It's hard to say. There's no scale item in it, which is also an American bigfoot researcher trait sometimes not putting scale items in the picture.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. I think also, you know, going back to the destrade as well, I do think people do often expect them expect they straight lawn track impressions, as you were saying. But from what we found, it's it's very it's it's very uncommon that they actually do find that kind of thing, even if it is through mud or sand. It's it's never really taught plot rope walking, as you call it. And on top of that, we will say as well, when when when people famed one track with two tracks, uh print impressions, I should say, and then I said, well that they simply just disappeared. What people often forget is that with the size of these beings and the length of their stride, I find that people make the mistake of looking looking and say half a meter to a meter in front of that of that last foot impression, you know, as as opposed to looking say two to three meters ahead. They often say, you know, these these tracks just stopped. But if these people a should look look ahead, look for maybe a rock or a log, or a softer piece of ground. You can usually pick up these track impressions as well and continue on following where this being was walking. Again, people often sort of look at the human stride and expect that a being that's going to be nine foot tour with an eighteen inch footprint is going to have half half a meter gate when they walk. Just what Once you can open people up to that idea of looking two to three times a distance they normally would, then you can usually pick up the truckway and continue to continue to follow it.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that's an excellent point and something that a lot of people forget. I deal with a lot of people in the United States, of course, obviously, and they said, why was there only one footprint there, Cliff? You know why because it beamed in or teleported here or whatever. It's like, no, probably, well, come, I didn't find any more footprints. And you know, I'm kind of callous an old jerk nowadays. So I said, because you're not that good of a tracker, And they say, oh, but I but I found that one and said, well you don't.
Speaker 2: You just don't.
Speaker 1: You're you might be used to tracking deer or bear or something like that. But as you're saying, did you look, you know, two to three meters, you know, six to nine feet in front of it. Probably not, And even if you did, would you be able to find it, because Sasquatch feet like Yawi feet are big and soft and padded and flexible, and they're bending around stuff and they just are not they're not. They're not things that are that are easily recorded in the ground. As they You might be able to find some trace of them, but it might not be what you're looking for, because everybody's looking for that clear five toed print that looks like a big old human print, and that's obvious, and because a big animal like that would probably leave one. Not the case at all.
Speaker 2: No, it just does.
Speaker 1: It simply does not happen. And you bring up a lot of good points there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Again, going going back to the hundreds of prints that I've found, I've only found personally five that locker cars out of hundreds. Again, going back to the foliage, going back to where did they walk? Did they step on a rock? Do they step on a log? Like a good little little little size story for you, is that location where we're screamed at, you know, those years ago? Going back to the location one day checking out another little area in our same location. Come across it looked like a party, like there was like thirty or thirty hours and out of the party running around this one area. There's prints everywhere. But because we're on the bikes, we're in leathers, because this is an area that we gave for a ride. I obviously didn't have any casting material with me, so I've gone out checking out all these foot impressions lay over the place, and then I tracked them down in the northern northerly direction. I'm looking for movement in the ground. Broken sticks and they stepped and snapped the stick, general movement through the area, and as a come as it come to one foot one movement impression, I found another, found another, and you can see where something has stepped on this side of the fallen log fallen free and then where the next foot has stepped over the log on the other side of the ground. Kept going and I come across like one left hand footprint, which is only a partial footprint. You could see the heel, you could see the big toe that was about it, and but the terrain it was not castable. Even if it did cast it would have just come out as a mess. And while I'm taking photo and via of this, I'm noting that, Okay, here's his foot impression. Look I look ahead, I can't see another foot impression. But what I did notice after that were two fallen trees, say two meters ahead, six feet ahead, that had movement signs. Movement where over top of these fallen trees. So I've taken that as the signs of this left hand footprint. That was the last step, the next step when on top of these fallen trees. I ended up tracking these foot impressions for like another hundred meters, I say, But the interesting thing to note about this particular situation is that when I was taking photo and video of this left hand partial footprint, the heel, the big toe, you can see the arch of the foot. It measured at about seventeen eighteen inches. Off to my right through the rainforest, I heard a bit of movement. I stopped, I turned on the right. I didn't see anything. I didn't hear anything anymore, and then I continued on my way across the logs again track these beings another one hundred meters, so I come to the culvert which went under the road, and from there lost the lost the track impressions. We decided to come back at night time. So when we come back in night on, I knew exactly where these trackways were, so we wanted to investigate this area a bit more at night. So I've taken a couple of mates in there. We've gone the exact same path that I took to final these track impressions, et cetera. And when we got to where this partial seventy eight foot impression was, it was gone. The ground was all scrubbed over. We couldn't find any track impressions at all in that particular pathway. But what we found interesting was that there was some tree limbs that had been broken off nearby trees and they've been jammed in the ground in the middle of this trackway that was there, I'm assuming to look like naturally growing trees.
Speaker 3: Was the ground soft or was it dry when they shoved the branches in?
Speaker 2: It would have been soft enough to quite easily jam gen me these branches in the ground. When you know I took that, is took that as the movement that I heard when I was photo photoing and videoing this this partial partial impression was I got busted finding in their trackway, and then once we've left, they've then broken these these limbs off trees, gemmed them in the ground to cover up the trackway and also to make it look like they're naturally growing trees.
Speaker 1: Now, that was another commonality with where you got the thermal footage as well, that what there are other sticks shoved in the ground, and that's why you said.
Speaker 2: Right, correct, correct, So sometimes some summer twigs, some are two three inches thick. Now, before we going further with this, I will say that mother nature does do some tricky things. So when we when we've often spoken of these sticks, people say, well, we find sticks and ground all the time. They fall from trees. Yes, they do. They one hundred percent do fall from trees. It's not one we related every time. But the big thing is when when we do find a lot of these sticks, there's usually no tree canopy above. So this, this this big stick in the grounds appeared out of nowhere. There are in locations where bushwalkers don't go, there's there's no trails, et cetera. And another thing we often find as well that we sort of lean more towards yowee activity is that a lot of these sticks when our gem in the ground is that every every other limb on the stick has been snapped off, so there's there's no little extra little twigs and that kind of thing hang off off these sticks. It's all open has been stripped off. Sometimes we found sticks have been snapped and when they snap them, they snapped the meat of the meat of the stick, but that they don't break the bark and actually twist and tie the bark around the top of the stick as well.
Speaker 3: That thermal say, it was like a fire break road, right, it was off there like the trailer you guys took in there, because didn't you when you found that was it an old road? I guess there was tons of sticks, chan, I remember watching a video on that when you guys released the video.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a it's a fire trail that links up to a walking trail. You know, with the amount of times we've been there, we've only seen one of the one other pair of people who were there at that particular location. Like we've been there during day and night. So bushwalks and stuff will often put sticks in the ground to signify it basically trail markers. But again a lot of these locations that we go to. There's no like we ourselves are making your way through the bush, So we asselves are creating that movement through the bush, you know, moving through the grass, snapping of limbs, that kind of thing. But it's a fall trial which goes in a walk control, which is extremely rarely used. At the most. You must see the National Parks Department getting ready for summer coming and doing a bit of clearing. But that's really about it.
Speaker 3: Well, we're in Australia, I think it was. It was the National it was there. There have been some pole less than ten percent of the people and I STI didn't heard of it, yea, like they all think of the candy But when we were down there, like because I always talk to like everyone, like you know, people the checkout girl at the store, like a waiter, waitress, people at the gas station. I always go you got these stories, you know anything where and people that are I just say like, well, what about the candy bar. I'm like no, like the bigfoots are They're like no. I said yeah. They're like like yeah, yeah, I say yeah, you guys have something like that here. They're like no. I'd be like Yeah, there's tons of reports that they had no clue. It was like, you guys were way like it was like America probably like in nineteen forties.
Speaker 2: It seemed like, Yeah, unfortunately it's it is very much like that here. It's it's sort of been put backs like Aboriginal folklore. It's not really pushed in a public life very very much, if if at all. You know, the last couple of years, it's getting better. I mean, even though like with the amount of people that that that come forth to us, you know, being we were politicians, police, military, medical doctors, scientific doctors, scientists. We have witness accounts from all all walks of life, so the word is out there. But I think just the general population, it's almost like they will will fully ignorant to this situation, even if a friend of a friend might tell them a story about when they were camping or something like that and they just passed it off and drinking too much or whatever. But again, the last couple of years it has got a lot better. We just got to hope you just keep pushing forward and try and really get it out there. And you know, the last siding we had that we had come in was last Friday, and that was from a lady going to work and she sort of saw this being a big, massive black one take off on the side of the road. She put it on a local a local Facebook group as an anonymous post. She copt a lot of positive feedback, but she also copt a lot of negative feedback. And want to say she's because we found out it is a lady that lives in a particular era. Other was on the Facebook group. She again she posted as an anonymous poster. But we are starting to see comments and that kind of thing take more of a positive turn as supposed to a negative turn.
Speaker 1: Well, since you are looking for more reports, we do have a really nice listenership down in Australia. Actually, a lot of people down there listen to us. We really do appreciate it. I very often say Australia is one of the few places I'd like to go back to that we went to in finding Bigfoot. It was a lovely area, lovely people, lovely landscape everything and Yaway's are just outside of town. So anyway, a lot of people are fans of us down there and they listen. So where if one of our fans has run into one of these things or has information that might be of interest to you, Gary, Where can they get a hold of you? What's the best way to share their information with you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure if they can jump on the internet and go to yowiehunters dot com. Alternatly, alternatively they can go to Facebook and go to Australian Yawi Research Official actually putting the official there because there is another group that is a similar name nothing to do with us, but yes, is actually putting official should come up. But otherwise, if you got to so at Johannas dot com you'll find all the information that you can find there. There's also a link button to the YouTube channel. Yeah, check us out. We are active. We are we are at there doing the best we can to further further this research and a positive matter.
Speaker 1: And doing a great job doing it as well. And fantastic results so far a couple as you say, not life changing, you know, uh, thermal imaging hits is better than most people yet. Plus that really solid one that you guys got, it's a really interesting, fantastic looking footage of two Yawie's not that far away from the thermal imaging camera. It's just draw jaw dropping. Really. Maybe not to most people, but Bobo and I have been poking around a thermist for like a decade or more, and and yeah, yeah, so it it is jaw dropping. If you have experienced with therms in the field, excellent job, fantastic. I look forward to the next piece of thermal imaging that you guys are going to get and share with us. So I really appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Well, cool gery. I'm sure you guys are going to get more foot it seems likely. And you got to come back and tell us and give us the news we need to do for sure.
Speaker 2: My definitely read lots more stories to talk of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you very much for spending the time you spent with us. We really do appreciate it. And I really, just speaking for myself, I really appreciate to get the effort and the time you guys are spending down there in Australia to try to get more information out. So few people are doing it down there, that's my impression, at least.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe you think that the woods are crawling with people, but from up here, it seems that very few people are spending the time out in the bush and it's really good to see you guys are doing it and getting results on top of it. So thank you very much for sharing it with us.
Speaker 2: No, thank you, I appreciate it very much.
Speaker 3: All right, So do you a good day for us?
Speaker 2: I will bit, I'll tasting me beating side that you don't want to talk.
Speaker 1: To me, well you can tell them. That's why I wasn't on the call with them initially.
Speaker 2: Nine one walks you Dane.
Speaker 1: All right, Well thanks Gary, all right, Gary, you take care of Men's gone a good one by there you go, Bobs.
Speaker 3: I think there's a lot more thermally going to come from all over the world. That I mean, people are getting closer and closer. The thermals are getting better, cheaper, the bluetooth capabilities. I mean, there's just so much more. I expect those guys to get more.
Speaker 1: It's a no brainer, man. But the good information comes from those small pockets of various locations that people are actually out there doing it. There's a lot of and you know, there's a lot of people out there who proclaim to be bigfooters and whatever. But you know, people have jobs, they've got a life, they've got families, they've got their obligations. How much time can one really spend out in the woods, And people like this team here from the AUSTINIANI and the Ali research team there, they they're the ones spending the time in the woods and lo and behold, they're the ones getting results. So kind of what it takes, man, It just takes some effort by a group of people working together or in an individual but spending time in the woods, you will get results eventually, especially if you're in a good area. Is what it seems to come down to. And it's good to know people are down there doing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. God, I want to get back there so that. I can't believe I have not been back because when we left Australia, like I was talking to the people down there, like you guys are going to see you back here any yam be back. I'm we're gonna do some Yawi stuff. And I haven't been back since.
Speaker 1: Well, all right, bos Man, great great job tracking out of another fantastic guest.
Speaker 3: Gary Lynn.
Speaker 1: There. You can reach them at of course, Yawi hunters dot com. Really great website, great group of researchers down there and they're getting good results. You have to check out their thermal imaging, the thermaligion and imaging footage. It's fantastic. It's really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there are auto reports, like I said, on YouTube, you got to check those out. They got the visuals with it, they got some great reports on there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so good job, Bopes. Can't wait to see who you line up next.
Speaker 3: We got some good is coming up, Cliff, so keep your pants on.
Speaker 1: I'll try to, all right, folks.
Speaker 3: Well that's another week of Bigfoot Beyond with Cliff and Bobo, and we were joined this week by Gary Lynn from Yawi Hunters down Australia. So thanks for listening. Hit like, hit share Until next week, y'all, keep it squatchy.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to this week's episode of Bigfoot and Beyond. If you liked what you heard, please rate and review us on iTunes, subscribe to Bigfoot and Beyond wherever you get your podcasts, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram at Bigfoot and Beyond podcast. You can find us on Twitter at Bigfoot and Beyond that's an N in the middle, and tweet us your thoughts and questions with the hashtag Bigfoot and Beyond.