Speaker 1: Hello, what's up, guys. Welcome to season three, episode fifty of Dinner with the Healers. My name is Eric, and with me as always are my lovely wife Amanda Hi, guys, my beautiful daughter Stella Hi, and my super handsome son Henry.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 1: If this is your first time listening to us, we are an episode by episode Blue podcast where we watch an episode of Blue and then talk about it and the lessons we learned. Does that sound right to you, guys? It sure does awesome. Before we jump into the business, I just want to say we've had a lot of questions about what we're going to do next now that this is the final currently available episode of Blue. Well, don't worry. We have a plan and on our next episode we'll talk about what that looks like. But we'll still be talking about Blue, and we are gonna keep making the podcast.
Speaker 3: That's right, We're still going to be here and still talking about Blue some more.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now for the business, be sure to check out the show description. You'll find a link to our website.
Speaker 2: The Blue Podcast dot com, our email address Blue Podcast at jail dot.
Speaker 1: Com, links to our social media, a link to our tea public merch store time stamps so you can jump right to the part of the episode you're looking for, and you'll also find a link so you can sign up to listen to the show ad free via Patreon. It's just one dollar a month and it is super cool and a huge, huge thank you to our subscribers. You guys are awesome.
Speaker 3: You guys sure are. We appreciate you so much.
Speaker 1: Henry, speaking of people who are awesome, what should we do next?
Speaker 2: The holl alps.
Speaker 4: Okay, listen up. Everyone has to clap and go whoa. Yeah, all right, that's awesome, got.
Speaker 1: Itay, let's start on Spotify. We heard from Tractor z Evy, Jennifer VI Julia who is from Iceland and she likes Hello Kitty. Also, like we were talking about last week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think we all like Hello Kitty a little bit.
Speaker 1: We heard from anonymous s William, Hannah, Gabriella, Dude two, our friend Daisy muffin in Socks, Pink Yoshi, Grant, Emily, Dylan Maybury, Gideon, someone whose username is Spinjoy. We heard from darsh Christopher, our buddy Alex who has been with us since practically day one, Ida and Abigail. We also got some emails. We heard from our friend Otter, who was talking about the blue movie that's gonna come out in twenty twenty seven. It's almost two years away from now.
Speaker 3: Why so far away?
Speaker 1: Bright?
Speaker 3: Work faster?
Speaker 1: Yeah, come on, guys. And we also heard from Maya, who is seven. Hi Maya, Hi Maya. We got a voice message from Brandon.
Speaker 5: Greetings dinner with the Healers. This is your friend of Brendan speaking to you once again. God AnyWho, I have another Blueie moment to share with you from the episode Swim School family meeting.
Speaker 3: Big question is impossible?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know about this Margaret character.
Speaker 6: Oh watermelon head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want Karen back.
Speaker 3: What we just refuse to do what she says?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: If we stick together her, what's she gonna do? What do you reckon ryffindor maryffindor?
Speaker 5: Hmmm, Eric, Amanda your thoughts on this part in the episode Swim School. I really like some help on this one. Thanks, really appreciate it. Doc again soon Bye Brendan.
Speaker 3: It was so great to hear from you again. Thank you so much for sending us a message, and I loved your introduction at the beginning of your message by the way. With this one, I'm going to have to agree with Bandit. I think I would like the nice swim teacher to come back.
Speaker 1: I totally get that. And if I remember correctly, when they were looking for Marriffindor, it was because Marriffindor had decided to turn on them and go to the teacher to try to get in the good graces of the mean teacher by tattling on the adults.
Speaker 3: That's not cool.
Speaker 1: It's not cool. They sure we're having fun though, but man oh man, I think I definitely like the more laid back teacher. Also, absolutely, that was a funny episode, Brendan. That was awesome. By the way, thank you.
Speaker 3: He always picks out the best ones, the best scenes from the episodes.
Speaker 1: We have another voice message. This one is from Grayton, and I want you to hear this very specifically following Brandon's voice message.
Speaker 7: Hi, Dinner with the Healers. My name is Grayton and I've been listening since season two. My favorite character in Bluie is the Granny from Granny Mobile, the real Granny, not the kids. My favorite Dinner with the Healer's character is actually I don't know if he's a character but Brendan if not Eric, and my favorite Blue episode is either Sleepy.
Speaker 6: Time or rug Island.
Speaker 7: My favorite part about both these episodes is how they're actually back to back. I love your podcast and keep up the good work.
Speaker 3: Bye Greyton. It was so great to hear from you. Thank you for your message, and you picked out some really good favorites there. I have to agree with all your choices and try me. Brendan is one of our favorites too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's awesome. And when you said you weren't sure if he has a character, I don't know. After that intro of his previous voice message, I think that could be debatabul He was such a great part of the show. Oh my gosh, that was so cute that those two just happened to coincide like.
Speaker 3: That, right. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I really liked the episode Rug Island as well, just because of how sweet it is. I remember when we talked about that, how just how sweet and kind it was. I loved it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's definitely a good one.
Speaker 1: We also got a voice message from Aubrey.
Speaker 6: Hayden Miss Leahalez. My name is Aubrey, and I love you podcast. At you you like the life of a Showgirl Tailor swift new album. I love it. My favorite song for me is a fideo feeling it Bye Aubrey.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for your voice message. And since I am the Taylor Swift fan in this house, i am the only one, right, I like some of her stuff. I really like the new album too. It's hard for me to pick a favorite song. The Fate of Ophelia is a really good one. I also like Opa Lite and Actually Romantic, and a whole bunch of others actually, but yeah, I'm glad that you're liking it too. Thank you so much for sending us your message, and guys, we appreciate you all so so much all of the messages and comments and five star reviews. And if you would like to send us a voice message, ask your parents to help you record yourself on a phone, tablet, or computer and email that file to us. Stell where do they send that?
Speaker 2: Fly podcasts at jail dot com exactly.
Speaker 1: Oh and you know what, Instagram also supports voice messaging in the app, so that's a way to go to The link to our Instagram account is in the show description.
Speaker 3: Like Eric said, thank you so much, guys for all your messages and your five star reviews. We love hearing from you, and you guys are just the best and we're so glad that you love the show.
Speaker 1: That is for sure. Well, guys, we just got done watching Surprise, What Henry, could you tell us what was going on at the beginning of this episode.
Speaker 2: At the beginning of the episode, Louie, Bingo and Chili are all in the kitchen. Bingo's trying to get some stubby coolers from the top of the fridge and Chili helps her. Meanwhile, Blue's loading this I don't really know what's cold, but shoots out tiny little foam balls. I think, and Bingo said, the reason why she wanted the stubby coolers is because she was gonna put tennis balls in them. Sendell look like kids and Blue as chill. Well, I ever have kids when I grow up, and Chili said, oh't know, if you decide you want to. And then Bandit is walking in, but then he sees what's going on, so he starts to back out to go watch the TV, but it's too late. Both the kids are asking him, do you want to play with me?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And naturally they don't want to play the same thing. At all, do they?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they don't, Stella.
Speaker 1: Can you tell us what stubby coolers are?
Speaker 2: Stubby coolers are those things that go around cans to help keep them cold.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very good, So like a little can kozy or a can cooler. One thing I thought was cute was when blue asked what having kids was like and Chili couldn't explain it. Amanda, do you find that to be the way you would go about it too?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Pretty much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is tricky to sum it up in a small amount of words, for sure, Stella. Do you remember what game is Bluey wanting to play? What did she call it?
Speaker 2: She wants to play a game called Surprise where she has to go somewhere and hide and Bandit has to walk around and she will jump out and start shooting him with this ball blaster she's borrowing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shoots ping pong balls or something like that.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bingo was adamant that Bandit saying rock a bye baby to Copernicus. I believe is that correct? Yes, otherwise he'll never get to sleep. And Bandit goes in to watch something on TV. Amanda, what is he watching?
Speaker 3: He is trying to watch a race.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a wheelchair race, and people think it might have been the London Marathon from twenty twenty four since this came out kind of around that time. And as soon as Bandit gets it's comfortable, Amanda, what happens?
Speaker 3: Blue jumps out from under the bean bag chair and starts shooting Bandit with her ball gun whatever it is. And my goodness, you would think that it would run out of balls to shoot at him, because she is basically chasing him through the house, shooting, shooting, shooting at him until he can get back to where he and Bingo were playing, and he calls that area safe. So then Blue decides, Okay, well I'm gonna go hide again.
Speaker 1: Bluie's shooter is a lot like every action movie where seemingly they never run out of ammunition.
Speaker 3: Right right.
Speaker 1: When Banda is running from Blue, Bingo is dissatisfied with his service. Henry, what is she complaining about?
Speaker 2: She's complaining about that she didn't hear any singing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, boy, she runs a tie ship man. She's not messing around. She wants to know if he got Copernicus to sleep. But then, Henry, we have some new additions to Bingo's family. Who else does he need to deal.
Speaker 2: With Draconius and Dela Arena.
Speaker 1: She wants Draconius to go to sleep, right, yeah, and what about Dela Arena.
Speaker 2: She wants them to learn how to ride a bike?
Speaker 1: Right, to ride a bike? Do you remember what Bengo's name was in this game?
Speaker 3: I think it was oh Dariah, Oh Dariah.
Speaker 1: That's right, very good. Benda asks if Blue can just please play the same game, and naturally, Henry the answer was no. Man, that really is like having kids. His new assignment is to take Copernicus somewhere. Stella, where is he supposed to take Copernicus?
Speaker 2: He was supposed to take Copernicus to daycare, and he decided that the perfect place for daycare was right in from the TV.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right in front of the very tv he was wanting to watch.
Speaker 4: This is a good spot for daycare.
Speaker 1: Just a quick check.
Speaker 4: Funny nut bags, mate, don't bite anyways.
Speaker 1: Making his mood.
Speaker 8: This is the fourth that he puts it all on the lawn by night. The rice can be watched. Yeah, hang on from the middle of the pulse. But come on, I'm coming.
Speaker 1: It looks like the coast is clear and he can sit down. But Stella What happens?
Speaker 2: The doorbell rings and whenever he goes to answer it, there is no one there. But as he's standing there looking outside, he hears Blue's ballshooter start to charge.
Speaker 1: Uph Oh, as soon as Bandit heard that sound, he he was in trouble. He takes off running, Amanda, What happens?
Speaker 3: He takes off running and he makes it back to where he and Bingo are playing children or whatever their game is. But he's back to where it is safe for him.
Speaker 1: But what has he done wrong?
Speaker 3: He forgot to pick up Copernicus from daycare?
Speaker 2: Ugh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so off he goes, and man, things aren't going well, Amanda. What happens?
Speaker 3: Wild Bandit is out getting Copernicus. He gets bombarded by Blooie again, and this time she's chasing him through the house and he ends up in the kitchen and he trips over. He knocks over the mop bucket, and he is laying in the floor almost just giving up because she just keeps shooting him or shooting him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's laying on his side, kind of a rocking back and forth, singing Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star Looie.
Speaker 7: That's what having kids is like.
Speaker 1: You'd think, Bandit would have given up by now, but he's bound and determined to have fun with these kids and hopefully somehow still watch his rais Henry. What happens next?
Speaker 2: Bandit goes back to the safe rug and Bingo has a new kid.
Speaker 1: For Nukin Lodaryah, you're pumping these things out.
Speaker 2: Bingo tells Bandit that he needs to take fer Nukin to the hospital because something's not right with his head. His head's a little too small. It keeps falling through.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Bandit asks Bingo if she wants him to get a smaller stubby cooler, and she says no, but they're gonna get it taken care of. Where does Bandit go to take Fernukan to the hospital, Henry.
Speaker 2: He goes to the tree that has the big bench around in their backyard.
Speaker 1: That looks so pretty. I really like that the way they have that built back there. Bandit is talking to Fernukan to make him feel better.
Speaker 4: It's just you got something going on with your head and your body. It's basically your head and your Boddy. But don't worry. This won't hold you back.
Speaker 1: You know why, You've got a whole bunch of.
Speaker 4: Brothers and sisters Who've got your back and your mama and I are behind you all the way because we're a family and you mean the world to us.
Speaker 1: I'd been what's this kid's name?
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: Stella who was listening to Bandit when he was talking to Fernukan.
Speaker 2: Louis was listening on the other side of the tree, and it seemed like what he was saying really meant a lot to her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think she realized the things he was saying applied to how he has taken care of her, and she he decides that she'll go ahead and look after for Nukan so that he can take the other kids to daycare, and Bandit is really surprised by the turnaround.
Speaker 4: That's the thing about kids, Finucan, They're always surprisingly.
Speaker 1: Amanda, what do we see next?
Speaker 3: We flashed to the future and the doorbell rings at the Heeler home and you see Chili, who's a little bit older now, walking towards the door as she opens it and there stands Blue and she's so excited to see her. Bluie said she thought she would just pop by, and Chili calls down for Bandit and she gets a little impatient with him and she calls down again. He finally makes his way down there, so they decide to go out back to sit and visit, and Bandit goes to shut the front door and he hears something. He doesn't see anybody, but he hears it is the same sound from the toy gun that Blue was playing with when she was little, and there's somebody standing to the side of the door waiting to shoot him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they mentioned that Bingo was out back waiting and everybody got to go hang out together. The little kid that was outside, Whose kid do you think that is? Well? I think it's Bluey's That's what I think too. And I read that the creators of the show intentionally made it look like kind of like Mackenzie and like somebody else to leave it ambiguous. Yeah. Who maybe Blue got married to and started a family with. It was so cute. And I love seeing Banda as a grandpa in Chili with her big, huge glasses.
Speaker 3: They were quite cute.
Speaker 1: What else else did we notice about the future when it moved forward in time? Did you see anything outside?
Speaker 2: Some of the buildings changed outside?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Did you notice the drones flying around carrying packages outside?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I in the sky.
Speaker 3: Oh I missed that.
Speaker 1: That was really something. And then inside there was a lot of conveniences that we already have now, the robot vacuum cleaner, the picture frame that was digital that was changing the pictures and you could see the time superimposed over it. What else was in there?
Speaker 2: There was something there that looked like it could have been a speaker or a smart home assistant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I couldn't tell. And like I was saying, we have all those things now. And people speculated that maybe Bluie took place several years before now, But Bandit grew up in the eighties and his kids are this age, so I think it was more of just Bandit and Chili getting on board with the technology, which I can totally see.
Speaker 3: That makes sense. I feel that.
Speaker 1: I love what they had to say about the house.
Speaker 3: Oh, the house is looking good Eggs. Can you believe Dad almost sold it?
Speaker 1: Are you ever gonna let that go? Poor Bandit? Do you think he'll ever live that down? Amanda?
Speaker 3: Probably not.
Speaker 1: I love that they referenced it like that.
Speaker 3: I think they bring it up to band It just in good humor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're just trying to have fun. Yeah, tease them a little bit, not in a mean way, and that was the episode. Henry, did we forget anything?
Speaker 2: Nope? I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what it's time for. Did we learn anything today, Amanda? Could you what were we supposed to learn today?
Speaker 3: I think we were supposed to learn that sometimes parenting can be pretty tough. We saw that when Bandit was struggling with trying to keep bluey and being go happy, trying to play with them. There are struggles with parenting, but at the end of the day, you realize it's all worth it. Being a parent is the greatest thing in the world, and those of us at our parents, I think we can consider ourselves pretty lucky.
Speaker 1: What about you, Henry, I agree with mom on this one. Stella, I also agree with Mom.
Speaker 2: I think she said it pretty well.
Speaker 1: I do too. I would add that I think one of the lessons is the kids growing up and realizing what their parents really did for them. When Blue heard Bandit talking to Fernukan, she realized that he was saying the things that he was really doing for her and Bingo taking care of them, making sure that everything was okay, and for her, that was a big lesson that man to us, we're just asking dad to play with us, and we really wish it was going this way or that way, without realizing what he's doing to try to make us both happy, and the way he's being pushed and pulled into it. And I think on some level for Blue, when she was little, she doesn't understand that, but you grow up to understand that that same kind of struggle isn't just about playing with your kids. It's about taking care of them and making sure that they have the things they need and being their parent instead of their friend whenever it's tough and you have to teach them firm lessons and that sort of thing, and how you have to put the kids first whenever you're making decisions about your job and things like this, and just what a tough balance that is. And I think Blue began the realization of that by hearing Bandit talk. And I don't feel like the way it was written that Bandit knew Blue was there. He wasn't saying all those things out loud for her benefit. Yeah, she just happened to hear them, and he was just voicing kind of his own inner monologue of what being a dad is like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's all very good, and I felt the same way.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think he had any idea that Blue was near so that she could hear what he was saying.
Speaker 1: And that made it even sweeter. Yeah, and it really impacted her, which I'm glad that's how it went. It really moved her. And I love too that a whole new generation is super happy to be at the Healer House wanting to play, and that bandit is the one that's gonna do the playing.
Speaker 3: And I bet he is as good of a grandpa as he has been as a dad.
Speaker 1: I bet so too. Does anybody have any parting thoughts about the episode? Yes, Henry, I.
Speaker 2: Thought that this was a good episode, like every other episode. And that little ping pong ball or foam ball shooter thing blue Head, that was cool looking.
Speaker 1: It certainly looked pretty fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was very nice of her friend Chucky to let her borrow it. Yeah, that was nice. I liked this episode. I thought was very cute. We're sitting here watching it as parents and we feel all of it, you know, and it's it's very relatable.
Speaker 2: I really liked how at the end this episode we got to see like kind of into the future of the characters and just everything like that. I thought it was cool.
Speaker 1: I like that too. It would have been cool to see Bingo older as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wonder why they didn't write it into show her. I don't know. I will add one more thing that I liked about the episode. Bingo is fantastic get coming up with the names. Oh yeah, names for her, you know, make believe pretend kids.
Speaker 1: She definitely had a ton of them for her and for herself. She's sort of the name person when it comes to these games that they play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think she is.
Speaker 1: I really enjoyed this one. I love seeing the kids realize the heart of the parents, especially Bandit with him being the dad. It speaks to me obviously, and I think these kids probably know that I love them in that same way and make those same kinds of decisions and sacrifices for them. Yeah, we sure do.
Speaker 3: Dad, You're pretty awesome, so's mom.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, we can edit that bid out right.
Speaker 2: You guys are really good parents. Yeah, you guys are really good parents.
Speaker 1: You said the exact words that she said.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, stillah, Mom and dad are pretty good parents.
Speaker 3: Oh thanks, You're welcome.
Speaker 1: Pretty good in quotes. Okay, we're exactly adequate, bare minimum standards.
Speaker 3: Met nailed it, high five are yes Mac.
Speaker 1: Anyway, guys, we think Bluie is awesome, and until next time, we are out of here.
Speaker 3: Bye guys, Bye bye,