Speaker 1: The views and opinions expressed by the guests of Sasquatch Experience do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the host, sponsors, or affiliates of the Sasquatch Experience. As always, listener discretion is advised.
Speaker 2: We got someone or something growing around out here?
Speaker 3: Does a legend walk among us working in the forests of our world?
Speaker 1: Did you see what it was?
Speaker 2: Was it a person or an animal? Or I can't go? Oh, I know if my thunder light came on and I did. Happened to Glenn and see this thing running across the yard A good fight man or something works like a man. I don't know what it was.
Speaker 4: For over fifteen years, we've talked with scientists, researchers, investigators, and witnesses trying to gain insight and proof around the existence this mysterious entity.
Speaker 2: Hello, get somebody out here.
Speaker 5: What's going announce their?
Speaker 2: AVEC about sex book? I don't know, easy announce there. Yeah, I'm walking right over. Oh, okay, hand on, yeah, got you're bigger?
Speaker 1: Okay, what's he doing in your yard?
Speaker 3: We're gonna do you join us as we continue into the investigation of the Sasquatch Experience and good evening, everybody. Welcome to the Sasquatch Experience for Monday, September sixteenth, twenty twenty four. I'm Sean the Fort Choup Forker, joined by James Baker, Vince Nezbitt, Henry May, and Matt Arner. Back after a few weeks. Guys, it's good to be back. I know last week we were supposed to be on the air, but I was quite sick, and so it was bake. We went to the Pennsylvania Bigfoot Camping Adventure weekend on Saturday. What a great event that Eric Altman and everyone put together. How about a baker? Yes it was.
Speaker 6: I love the speakers. The food was good, five miles up the hill was all lasting for.
Speaker 1: It forget to squat event.
Speaker 6: The only problem we had was is Sean Rella is now, why don't drive at night?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean it was us, that's it. Oh yeah, yeah, listen listen. I was also I also got sick event, and I'm a bitch as it is on road trips. But you amplify me being sick and Baker not being able to see anytime he's asking me to if this is the right exit. I'm like half paying attention, So I'm saying, yeah, it just takes take the turn. So we take, and then of course it's the wrong turn. And so as we're going down, and this is where Baker's impatient because as we're trying to get the GPS to re initialize and reroute, Baker's driving all around God's Green Earth, not letting the GPS initialize. So I'm getting mad, and so any recording we were going to do went out the window. So I apologize to our patreons. It was not a It was a good time, but being sick. I mean, you asked Bake. I went from being lively and bubbly that sitting in a chair for the second half of the day. It was just bad. It was bad.
Speaker 6: But I want to admit though that I wouldn't have roaded with anybody else. And the worst part was is the week a couple of days before I got I had gotten uh I had gotten some kind of uh problem with grat with the uh oh trees and weeds and whatever. I couldn't see.
Speaker 3: No, my whole face exploded.
Speaker 6: This was the first day I could actually open my eyes one hundred percent and my night vision was just like And we decided to take my truck because it was just going to be easier because Snuffy was going to look at my chainsaw.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 6: So yeah, we're driving around the middle of nowhere some chainsaws in the back.
Speaker 7: It was it was so country.
Speaker 3: And so we didn't get the recording we wanted to for everybody. So we apologized. But this week we'd leave for the Mothman Festival. Uh Bacon, I'll be hitting the road Thursday morning, so get your lives ready. We'll be live and from the road, all in better health and looking forward to a great time this weekend in Point Pleasable, West Virginia. But yeah, again, we'll get Eric on here to recap the event. Rumor has it there may be another one coming for next year, which we're looking forward to. Always a good time to be in, you know, in that part of Pennsylvania so rich with Bigfoot history. Guys, I'm so rich with it now, Matt, speaking of areas of Pennsylvania origin history. We've got something coming up in this weekend, the following weekend.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm on September twenty eighth of this year at two o'clock at the Neilson Run Campground in Austin, Pennsylvania. We'll be doing a town hall myself, Sean James, if you're available, if you want to come out, that would be great. We're going to do a town hall. We're going to go over some of the encounters and sightings that have been reported in the area, not just from BFRO, but from encounters that we got from speaking to people, word to mouth, people that have posted in counters on Facebook.
Speaker 8: Today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we had a great one today and it keeps going. And I'll go into that in a few minutes. But what we're going to do is we're going to do We're going to meet at the They have a pavilion there, and we're going to meet at the pavilion. We're going to do a town hall, traditional town hall. We're going to initially talk about our experiences. We're going to talk about the experiences that we've that we found in that particular area, and then we're going to ask the audience if they had any encounters or experiences themselves later on that evening. What we're planning on doing is doing a basic expedition. We're not gonna go too crazy, but well we're gonna go up on top of the mountain, we're going to do call blasting wood knocks, and in this area there have been encounters. So the BFRO December twenty two in Potter County that was literally two miles from the campground.
Speaker 1: So Matt, I need to ask you. Would you say you're gonna do call blasting, Are you gonna do pre recorded audio or are you gonna do yourself vocal?
Speaker 5: Well, Sean, I think I should do my vocal.
Speaker 3: Listen, I put Matt on vocals any day when it comes to If you watch, I'm sure it'll be an upcoming episode of Beyond the Trail Bigfoot that Alex. We recorded with Alex for you might get a sample of Matt's vocals, and I think it might have been on another hiking car and Chewie. Yeah, you'll get a sample of Matt's vocalizations. And I'll tell you what's remarkable is, though I don't know if the video captures it, but when you're out there in that area in the middle of the night and it's dark and there's a and there's this overwhelming vista the valley and Matt gets going that and sound travels, man, it permeates through those woods and it just goes for miles and it's it's incredible to hear when when when it happens, you have to experience it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely. So if people want to come out, contact myself or Sean through Facebook or through the through the email. We're kind of putting this out on at the last minute, but we're hoping that we can get more local people up there and also some people from the region. So we were just talking about the experience. Somebody reported on one of the Pennsylvanian Bigfoot pages today and this was something that happened this past weekend. Yeah, very fresh, very fresh. It's in an area where I'm very familiar with and I'm not going to get divulged the exact location. I promised the person I would not do that, but I personally have been in that area. In fact, actually it was funny. My wife and I took a hike in that particular area and something was growling at us. I'm gonna assume it was probably a coyote that we got a little too close to. But the trail that's up there, it's supposed to be like this nice, easy trail. It's not like I love my friends in the dcn R with the State Forest. But man, they let that trail down. It was really bad. But I have been in that area. It is a really good area. And on Sunday I was actually out just on the other side of the river out in the Quahona and found a really good promising area. But going back to the experience, the person had had that feeling. Around four point thirty in the morning, he went to ust bathroom and of course if you're in one of the State Forest cabins, you got to go to the to the outhouse. So he went to the outhouse. Yep, he went to the outhouse, had that feeling something was watching him. On his way back he heard wood knocks and basically at that point he got in and yeah, and that was it. So but the one interesting point is I started. I replied back to the person saying, hey, you know, get back to me and send me a message and we can talk a little more. And she did in in Uh. It was fantastic information. But on the threat itself, I had another gentleman from Elk County who was able to I connected with. He hasn't had any experiences, but he does believe that there's something out there. He knows the area pretty much as much as I do. And then I right before he came on, I had a lady from the area of Driftwood, which is not that far away and literally, uh you know, pretty much right on the other side of the valley from where I was that took photos of prince that she found in the snow in twenty thirteen and just outside her residence and looking at the prince there. You know, sometimes I look at snow prints and I'm kind of like, I looked at these prints, and these prints are pretty decent.
Speaker 3: So I see myself, man, I'd like to yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I saw that. And so there's a lot of good stuff. So we're going to add those to the list as well. But we're Everyone talks about the Allegating National Forest and southwestern PA. But I'm really on this hook here that I think north central PA is really where it's at.
Speaker 3: Well, right after we had that bad hurricane I think it was in twenty fourteen, we got those really bad rains, yes, and wiped out a lot of the roads up in northern PA. Again, kind of like what just happened that long ago. Yes, But Ray and I got stuck up out on the mountain. When we went to investigate that winter got stuck. We had to walk six miles in a blizzard, literally in a blizzard, I'm not bullshitting anybody. And we came across this camping area and just by the chance there's a guy that lives out there all year round, knocked on his door, you know, got in there, got some shelter, made a call to my dad to come retrieve us. And as Ray and I are talking with him, he's just, what are you guys doing out here? We were explaining we were out there following up on a big foot sighting and up on Old fourteen. He has something that comes around every year. They can bank on it, almost like a clockwork. At the end of summer. As you and I have thought for some time, Matt, that's when it starts to pick up into fall. And something took a fully full deer carcass off his back porch. It was hanging, took it, didn't drag it through the ground, took it and made off with it office porch. And that's not far from where our research area is. It's called picking either it is. And but you have somebody that lives out there year round, again in a very remote area of Pennsylvania, and these stories happen. And I know when you know so, guys, I read the feedback from our listeners now that we're you know, we really get a good audience on Spotify and they leave their comments and talk about how you know, sometimes we have this banter at the beginning of the show and you know, if you don't like it, piss off, listen to someone else. But the part of the reason why we have the banter is for this right, this specific information. This week we had a lot of good information, mainly because we've been off, but Matt's doing a really good job collecting information for this town hall because it's an area of Pennsylvania that is really untapped. And if you go to any of our presentations, we talk about that almost belaboring the point that up until recently, and I mean recently the last twenty years, there was nobody collecting reports up this way, or nobody doing a very good job of getting publicity of doing it. And as Matt has spent the time and we've spent the time in these areas, people are starting to trust us and they're starting to come to us with their stories and their encounters and we need that is we're working with a gentleman and actually got the first round of data that I'll share with you when we'll get together. Matt from our friend. I'm not going to put his name out there because we don't have his permission, but the guy's a data analyst for a living, and he's been taking the work we've done and putting it in Excel format and plowing through the data and he's got the first round of results for us.
Speaker 5: That's actually, if I'm not mistaken, I'm not going to say anyames, but that was the person we met at the.
Speaker 3: Right Central PA Bigfoot Festival and I'm excited to see what the result. He sent me the email. If he's listening, I apologize I've not opened it yet because I want to open it with Matt and really get into these, really get into this. It's pretty exciting stuff. This guy, I don't want to give away what he does, but it's by the grace of some almighty if you believe in God, God or whatever you believe in, that this guy came to us and really wanting to bring the vision that I had a shared vision back in the early twenty tens and he's actually making it come to life. So, you know, we talk about the power of collaboration and the power of we being greater than the power of me, and all those other cliches you can think of. There's a lot of truth to that, and I'm really excited to see these results, man, Like, I so badly want to click it open, but I don't want to do it until we're together, because it's the result of our work, not my work, our work. So I can't wait to get that to you, buddy. I can't wait. Now I've done enough, you know, you know, getting our listeners to salivate a little bit. We will share it once we go through it. Don't worry. It's exciting stuff. Henry, tonight shoe is about reviewing On the Trail of Bigfoot the Ancients. Now, we were supposed to have Seth on last week with us, but I blew that force and got sick and we weren't able to get Seth locked down for this show. But Henry, why don't you kick us off with a synopsis of On the Trail of Bigfoot the Ancients and then your impressions and then we'll go from there.
Speaker 7: Well in my opinion, this is the Bigfoot documentary of twenty twenty four so far, and really none have come close to this one in my opinion. And I think it's also Seth's most personal documentary since his dad is in it, his cousin as well. He is a cousin that's in it. And they go to Northwest in North Carolina. They look into the legends from the Cherokees. There, the interview witnesses. They team up with Russ Jones and Matt Prewett and Davis is in it. And it's really good stuff. It's really it's very well done. I really enjoyed it. I gave it a perfect ten out of ten my reviews on Amazon.
Speaker 9: Wow, he did on the Amazon page, so you guys want to check it out. My name on Amazon is HM two thousand and five.
Speaker 3: Henry, how often have you given a ten out of ten?
Speaker 7: Oh, I've given tens out of tens to a lot of stuff, but it's been a while.
Speaker 3: It's been a while. That way, I'm a lot more discerning than Henry when it comes to my right right right writing system. Sorry, no edit that out, but you know I'm always partial to When we go back to on the trail of Bigfoot the origins when we go to British Columbia, because it was John Green that got me into this, so that one was probably really personal and touching to me. But I can see how Seth takes that personal journey for himself and his family's story, his saga, and turns it into a great documentary that weaves the narrative through the activity that happens in the Smoky Mountains and one it's again, as with most things small Town Monster does, it's incredibly beautiful.
Speaker 4: Well done.
Speaker 3: But it's great to see people that aren't your typical talking heads and Bigfoot documentaries like I can't sell you the last time I really saw Matt Pruitt interviewed for a documentary. I could be wrong, but a fresh take for me Doctor Jones, who does you know? He shows up and has his own podcas and everything, but he always lends a, you know, another air of credibility to the topic, right, which is always needed. And then uh, you know, there's also I can't remember the gentleman's name, but he's talking about when he was out in the woods and he heard the whistling and Henry was he was thinking of his father and he got all misty eyed and like there's a lot of little emotional spots in the documentary. Was that Jeff Carpenter chance Maybe maybe it was Jeff guess, Okay, it was, it was and it was touching, man, Like, there are a lot of moments like that that we're poignant. That really told I'm bad with names, so thank you guys, really told to me a great story. And of course mister Breedlove. I met mister Breedlove at the Ohio Bigfoot Conference back when Minerva just started and missus Breedlove, you know, sadly not with us any longer. But he was always such a good dude, you know, and he's he is a good dude. And we just saw him at Small Town Monsters. He was promoting the ancients while he was there, had some great family mementoes on the table and talk to you got to give that man credit. He had steam all day long he went talking about the documentary and to see him, and it was really special for me because I have that connection with mister b you know, when he's working the table helping Seth with from Minerva, and you know, he's kind of the unsung member of small Town Monsters, like the literal founder of the founder of small Town Monsters, and to see him in that was just really cool, and just the engagement with the family members, and of course Mark Mansky. Does it get any better than Mark Matsky. I'm a big Mark Maskew fan, and anybody doesn't like him, we'll go outside and fight. I'll fight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I'll give him a black guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're going to give Mark Matski a black guy that's not nice?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I'll give whoever oppones.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, whoever oppones, he's not going to get a chance. I apart. I love Mark what genuinely. Every time I get together with Matt, we just talk. Or with Mark Matt, Matt and I get together, we talk to But anytime I get together with Mark, we just talk and it's just refreshing, refreshing. So vance and we'll let everybody, we'll talk into it a little bit more in depth. But I want to get your your first opinion of it.
Speaker 1: You know, I was. I was really taken back watching The Ancients and Matt Pruit's take, and there was a couple of things that Prewit brought up that I have done myself in central and southern Illinois that I thought I was the only one that would do this. But Prewit said during daytime investigations, he would look for buzzards circling in the area. And then this is a daytime investigation. He would look for buzzards circling in the area because he figured there was something dying or soon to die, and he would make his way over to that area and see maybe if there's footprints in that area. I thought I was the only one to do that. So when I heard him say that, I got chills. I was like that that is amazing that he said that too, because that's a great aerial evidence that there's something that's gone down, whether it was taken by predation or is just a natural death, but you never know, and perhaps maybe you might find footprints in that area. Along with that.
Speaker 3: I would go back to.
Speaker 1: Jeff Carpenter's audio recordings of the wood Knox that he captured along with a whoop that you brought up, you know, while you brought up his you know comment earlier, but his audio recording of wood Knocks very interesting. Now, when I started to watch this documentary, I really thought maybe this was going to go down the road of a Breedlove family history and that's all it was going to be about. But I understand why Seth brought this, the whole family into this central forum to create this documentary, and I understood all of that. But when I first started to watch, I'm like, is this all about the Breedlove Family. No, it's really not. It's about the Ancients. And then the third point I would like to make, which I have heard on so many different interviews and different podcasts about what we have all talked about the infrasound, and Adam Davies, who's part of the Ancients, talked about his experience of actually experiencing something like that where he passed out from what maybe the infrasound of this creature and his explanation is completely fascinating. And again it's Adam Davies, but that's what I'm speaking about, well respected in the community. But you know, you take it for what it is. Is this an infrasound thing, and you make of it what you want. But the whole documentary was it started off a little slow because, like I said, I thought it was a Breedlove family documentary, but then it broke off into why it became what it is in that area, And when you look at the video footage throughout the film, you can clearly see this is a prime location where a creature that is undiscovered or theoretically undiscovered would live and thrive in these areas. It's just prime habitat. And I found that completely fascinating. And I was enthralled from the moment that the that the documentary started until the moment that it ended.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know what, I there was no secret that it was going to be a family saga. Like it was going to be a family story, And I think that's one of the I'm a sucker for a good story first of all, Like, if you really want me engaged, you got to tell me a good story. The pacing at first was a little slower than I like, but super good. I mean as you start getting into the you know, the familial connections why he made it part of his family story, you know, the you know, being told to watch out for the boogers in the woods or you know what have you like, mister breedlove, Like, it was just it started weaving in and it started making, you know a lot more sense and it was super told, super well. I did like how they kind of touched on missing people just a little bit. As you know, we went down that exposic I think got about a couple of years ago. Now, you know, one of the things we found out about is that we could do show after show after show on missing people in the Smokies.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: And then they touched on feral people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there's a show about that already and it's you know, for one one so.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, but you know what the also, you know, half of the four one one is just becoming a bunch of overhyped bullshit. Why don't we get back to the actual things that we want to talk about. It's missing people, and it's connections, not just making up connections to which side of the audience you're going to pander to, right, Uh, you know, based upon the conference you're going to be going to. Is it UFO, was it Bigfoot? Or we'll just keep it ambiguous and go back and forth whatever I can make money. I don't know, true, just I'm in a mood tonight. We'll call it as we see it, right, It's like that's the problem, that's the problem I have at least with small town monsters. They stay to the straight and narrow. They kind of let you make up your own mind on it, or they don't go into it at all. Which, hey, you know what, that's a great place to be. With all the bullshit going on in the world. Do we have to add more bullshit to the Bigfoot world? Right? Like, that's that's my ask. And at least with a documentary like on the Trail Bigfoot, the ancients like, the bullshit's kept to very minimum, and it is it breaks and I.
Speaker 1: Have to agree with that it was kept very minimal. And all it's telling is a story of, Hey, this happened. I can't say that it's fact, but I can't say that it's fiction either. And what do we always go back to? Yeah, can't prove that it's real, but you can't prove that it's not real.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: We got to a very interesting conversation with a relative last night. This is why we don't talk about, you know, the missing people subject more. And you know, the problem I have with it is you never know of somebody's family that is, you know, traumatized by a missing person is listening to the show, and how you choose to be exploitive, you know, makes a big difference, and it's a character move. And I know we've talked about it and we've made allusions in some cases where you know, we try to make connections to fit the ideas that we're trying to you know, perpetuate in the in the podcast. But I think we've also done a very good job saying we don't know, and it's potential, and we never want to hurt somebody that was, you know, either victim or somebody related to somebody who suffers through one of these terrible tragedies. I just want to put that side note out there. And you know, when I think about how to do things tastefully, you know, again, we go back to small town monsters and I always like to put out there like I'm a supporter of their products. I you know, I back every Kickstarter. I've been an executive producer for a couple of the films. Like I believe in what they do, and we review the products, We review everything, and I believe. Look, I just I'm not a wu person. And I gave a flash of Beauty Paranormal Big. I gave that a stellar review. I thought that was a documentary that addresses the paranormal Bigfoot topic and does it very well. Is it my cup of tea? No, But it's also not exploitive and that's important. And when you're dealing with some of these topics, you could really go down that line and it's distasteful and I'm glad they don't do that right.
Speaker 1: And that's one thing I have to say, because between you, Sean and myself in private conversations, whether we've been together or even if we're on the phone, you're very honest about your take on the production that's put together, which is exactly what you're explaining on the show right now. There is no bs, there's no fog and cloud to try to give a different an illusion of something to promote something. You've been very honest. I've been very honest about what it is that we see and what we take away from it, and generally from what I take away from it, I walk out well after watching this with a little bit more interest in the entire subject matter and want to have a little bit more motivation to, oh, let's take a little bit further look into all of this instead of it falling flat on its face, going you know, what this isn't really worth it anymore. No, this keeps the entire subject matter fully in blossom. And you and I have both been completely honest about what it is we've seen and what we talk about in private with each other.
Speaker 3: So when we talk about, you know, the missing people topic, it's not new to on the trail of Bigfoot, the ancients, they've addressed it in many and they've always done it tastefully. And I think I have to make that point known because it's it's it's just important to me that we recognize that. And I guess maybe I'm I'm on that bend because I've been watching a lot of documentaries lately. I just watched Chimp Crazy. Have you guys watched that at all? It's worth the watch, if only to show you the batshit crazy people that inhabit this planet with us, and the lengths they'd go to, you know, to be very selfish and make it about them. And while they're trying to say they're doing these great things for creatures great and small, or the stories end up being about them. Whether you go to Tiger King or you go to It's just pardon my it's fucking distasteful. And I have a hard time with it. I really do. When I get when you have an opportunity to watch content that's really good and done in a way isn't hurtful, isn't harmful to the topic, and treats people with respect. I think every time we have to jump on that and say so, and yes we might have a personal connection, and yes there might be financial backing, but damn it, I wouldn't back it if I didn't believe in it. So just kudos to this team for that and the guys again, listeners. There's a lot of documentaries out there, I'm sure, just like many of you, your documentary consumers at a rapid pace like I am, it's like it's it's almost a sad state of affairs. It's become God, what was that show? Inside addition in a lot of these documentaries, and it's just it's not the way. It's junk journalism. It's not there's no story and there's no purity behind it. It's just exploitation. And I have a problem with that as I've been on a soapbox now and really belaboring a point beating at the hell and probably lost all our listeners I'm sorry. We just all have to get together on that and and I know everybody's taste varies, but it's it is what it is. But we do have to take our break. I did that rant. I'll get myself some water and calm down, and then when we come back, we'll go talk about some more on the trail Bigfoot. The agents folks will be right back.
Speaker 1: Take it.
Speaker 3: Take our next little segment with a light heart and enjoy. We'll be back right after this.
Speaker 10: They're eating the dogs, They're eating the cats. They're eating a pence. The people that live there, they're.
Speaker 1: Eating the dog.
Speaker 10: Holla, They're eating the cats. They're eating a pence. The people that live there.
Speaker 1: Who steve a symbo.
Speaker 5: I've been part of this investigation since the very beginning, and that has never been raised.
Speaker 8: You're sure, Yes, it wasn't a space laser. No, it wasn't a murder hornet.
Speaker 3: Absolutely not.
Speaker 8: It wasn't sasquatch, no, center, it was a bullet. It was a bullet senator fired by crooks. Yes, sir, that he hit President Trump in the year and almost killed him.
Speaker 3: Okay, glad we cleared that up.
Speaker 1: Wait, what it wasn't a space laser murder hornet or a sasquatch. I for crying out loud, I'm gonna have to crumple up that screenplay, eh. Anyway, Speaking about filmmaking, yes, like we were talking about Sasquatch, but filmmaking brothers David and Nathan Zelner have been obsessed with Bigfoot since childhood, when the elusive woodland creature entered their imaginations. Their lifelong infatuation inspired them to create Sasquatch Sons, a ninety minute dialogue free movie about a family of sasquatch living in a Pacific northwest forest. Of course, one of the cast members is Jesse Eisenberg, you may all remember him. But the characters emote a grunt under heavy prosthetic makeup and fur covered body suits in a mundane yet curious portrayal of everyday life now. Sasquatch Sunset is a provocation, even by the brothers' standards. The creatures do everything you'd expect to see animals do if you were in the woods studying them. But there were reports of walkouts at this year's Sundance Film Festival in reactions to scenes of the creatures partaking in routine mammalian bodily functions. We knew it was gonna be divisive, David says, but it's interesting to hear what some people are shocked by. I bet they have no problem seeing a horror movie of the week where humans are getting eviscerated. David Zelner goes on to say, in the nineteen seventies there was a Bigfoot craze. There still is, David. We watched that show in Search of and were mesmerized with the Bigfoot episode. And then there was a lot of ape in cinemas that we were exposed to, for example two thousand and one a space Outyssea. Yes, that's how the movie starts, is with the Apes that was a main one, but also Planet of the Apes, and then maybe even every which way but loose with Glyn Eastwood and an orangutan. Of course Chaka from the Land of the Lost. He was huge for us. Listen, folks, if you've seen the movie, we'd love to hear it in the comments section wherever you want to comment at at the Sasquatch Experience and you give us you rotten Tomato review I haven't seen yet, And again, if you've seen it, please do share when we come back, we're gonna talk about the halfway. You're listening to the big foot bullhorn right here on the Sasquatch Experience. It's not Dockers, it's god Knockers. Hey, have you been to the squatch Field site on the interweb that has it all introducing got Knockers dot Org. Stop on buy for an intriguing story of the encounter that started it all. But wait, there's more. Got Knockers offers some fabulous merchandise like T shirts, hoodies, onesies for the baby, plus a stunning array of jewelry and some fantastic sauces that will make here taste bugs dance. But the coolest of all is a genuine God Knockers tree knocker. Stop on by and say hi to the folks of Got Knockers, Gwendolyn and Michael Purcell. Get in on the action and just visit got knockers dot Org again. Got Knockers dot o RG. Well, if you know you know September twenty first and twenty second, it's the Mothman Festival. It is an annual event held every third weekend in September that commemorates the nineteen sixty six Point Pleasant, West, Virginia Mothman sightings which gave birth to the infamous red eyed winged leg and people from all over the world gather around the charming main street to celebrate their favorite cryptid during this one of a kind event. The festival does offer attractions and events, vendors and believing there's plenty of vendors cosplay, so if you have that special cosplay costume or outfit you want to wear, bringing along live bands on the Ohio River, guest speakers, and of course TNT bus tours, and you cannot leave there without visiting the infamous one and only Mothman Museum. Again. That's September twenty first and twenty second in downtown Point Pleasant, West Virginia. Thanks again for listening to this edition of the big Foot Bullhorn. Right here the Sasquatch Experience. Gentlemen, I'm jery meet again. Keep your toes in the mind.
Speaker 3: Thanks Vance for that interesting big football worn Folks.
Speaker 7: Of Gwendolyn, today is her birthday, so had birthday.
Speaker 3: Happy birthday, Gwen, like a big sister to me again. Great person puts together the Central Pennsylvania Bigfoot and Cryptid Festival. Third one coming August ninth, five, Mark your calendar is now to be a part of that great event in Elysburg, Pennsylvania. That was an unintended plug, and but it was well worth it, right And of course for as little as two dollars a month, you can support us here at the Sasquatch Experience. We got some great content loaded up in great content coming for you as particularly as we start getting into the more cooler months where Matt and I spent a lot of time out in the field getting the research done. But then we've got some festivals and conferences that we've got that we're going to be attending. But tonight's show isn't about those fun things. It's about on the trail of Bigfoot, the ancients, and the topics that were spurred therein my little rent, which I apologize went on a little longer than I anticipated, but I'll drop my filibuster and Matt go ahead and take it away with some points you wanted to make there.
Speaker 5: So we were talking about the missing people cases, and I've handled a few of these missing persons cases with my profession and law enforcement, and there's a certain respect you have to have with the family and there's different approaches that you go through, you know, when you're doing these these searches for people. Now, most of the time we don't have that wilderness search. We're having people that are going into an urban area. And uh so we do keep a certain respect and dignity for that family when we're when we're doing this, because sometimes the results may not be what the family is looking for. But again we have to approach that with that dignity, you know, for the person and for the family themselves. I do know with some of these missing person cases, particularly in the in the wilderness areas there when we start bringing up different points that they they may have walked into a different dimension, they may have been transported by something, it may have been chased by something. Again, we have to, you know, really try to provide the best answers we can for the family. We have a missing person's case from It's not in my town, but a town close by, and the kid was actually on the phone before with his last contact saying that he was up in a tree and he had a pack of coyotes that were chasing him. The kid had absolutely vanished from the face of the earth. The only thing though, is with that particular area. There's a lot of deep shaft coal mines in that area, so they brought drones out that that go into those mind shafts to try to find any sort of sign. But if we had someone come in here and say that, you know, there's the possibility he was, you know, lifted in the air by a UFO, you know again that that particular family maybe heartbroken and they may be thrust into a light that they don't want to be in, you know, So we really do have to take the account of the family when we do this for their missing relatives, and again, the biggest thing is to provide that family with dignity.
Speaker 1: You when you say drones, are you talking about four wheel drive RC vehicles that go down into these cavernous areas or are you actually talking about a flying vehicle?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 5: These are these are actually uh they're kind of across between a submersible drone, okay and a wheeled drone. So uh. This was actually provided by the by the federal government, UH, particularly those that that work in mines UH with the UH with the Search and Rescue Team, and they were able to provide a uh it uh tethered but they were able to provide that from the search, and I believe it had about a thousand foot uh uh basically tether uh to it, So it was able to get through quite a bit. But in that particular stretch of woods, there's quite a few mine mine shafts in that area, and there's some mine shafts. Some of most of these mine shafts are recorded, but there's some that aren't recorded. We call those wildcat mines where maybe somebody knew that there was a that there was a coal seam somewhere and the family kept it a secret and they'd go down there and mind the coal so without you know, letting the big coal companies know. So you do have those throughout that area. But but with that particular case, like I said, it, you know that that person may be anywhere. But if someone were to go through and say, hey, I think he stepped into another dimension. Like I said, the family, the family themselves, they're they're already grieving and won't say at the loss, but the fact that that that relative is missing the potential.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think it's natural for you know, to go negative, as much as everybody wants you to be optimistic, very rarely does that optimism, you know, shine through. It's a very depressing thing. And yes, and it's tragic, you know, because sometimes these don't always have good happy endings.
Speaker 1: But there's an interesting take to this, and I would say to Matt's point, there seems to and I haven't really completed my thought on this statement, but it's it seems to me very interesting that there's something tethered in order to research to see if they can find something. This doesn't seem to be a science that has been perfected, but it was something that was thought about to say, we need a drawn that is tethered in order to see if we can find somebody that has turned up missing. Uh, this seems kind of in its infancy stage. But I find it really interesting that you brought that up, that no, this is a tethered piece of equipment that's being used.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and unfortunately, like I said, it may not get into all of the areas where they're searching in some of those mind shafts are are extremely deep, so it may there may be somebody that that's on another shelf, you know, just to the right of it or to the left of it, that that that particular drone may not be able to to say.
Speaker 1: But don't you think a person would get to a certain point where they say, yeah, that's far enough for me, I'm turning back. I don't see somebody going further and further and further into an abyss which they're not really too sure on how to get back, unless there was something drawing them into it.
Speaker 3: Well, you make it that they have a choice. You know, accidents happen, and sometimes you're in those minds, the floor gives out the you know, you lose traction pretty quickly and you just become a victim of circumstance. Yeah, yep.
Speaker 5: Disorientation is probably the number one you know factor in in a lot of these stats because of the fact that you're in a completely dark environment. You may think that you're turning to the left. You may actually, you know, not have made that complete turn. You may think that you've you're turning around, and you may have gone just a few degrees over to the side. You're not going to find your way out. We find out a lot with people that fall under the ice or have that have very similar issues because of the fact that you can't see and they're trying to find where you know, they may have fell in the ice five feet away, but they're struggling because they're going five feet the other direction, right, and all.
Speaker 3: This, you know, we relevate back to reviewing the ancients because you know, there's a decent part of the you know, documentary where they're talking about missing people and again another area known for its caves, you know, vast stretches of we could call it underdeveloped wilderness, like it's not been touched by people, you know, contaminated wilderness. I guess, whatever term you want to use. I did talk about, you know, Faro people, and you know, potentially using the caves and Faro people being different from homeless people as a potentiality for you know, what bigfoot could be. And we go into that. Guys, as they go into the documentary, you know, the term bigfoot in culturally is relatively new, like nineteen fifty and on. Before that, it was stories of wild men and gorillas. Actually, I wonder when they started using the term gorilla Henry. Maybe you know that because even that is still a little bit more of a more modern term. Well, you start talking about some of those legend stories Henry, they touched on that pretty well, don't you think they did.
Speaker 11: As far as the name gorilla, I think that name came about for possible sasquatch in the eighteen hundreds, sometime in eighteen hundreds, after the gorilla was discovered around eighteen forty eight or eighteen forty.
Speaker 3: Seven, whatever it was. Well as well of those years, Henry, you're letting us down. You're supposed to be the Encyclopedia d. But you know, they talked about you know, of course Dennis Martin, which we talked about in you know detail here on the show, and the different thoughts and what people saw that was reported, what people saw that was reported and not notated, which was very interesting. You know, again, we could go back to feral people, but would feral people not be a good explanation for bigfoot creatures? Would that make it any less I guess maybe it would make it less cryptozoological? But have we nailed these feral people down to really study them a little bit and find out what exactly what the hell they are, where they're from, why they're choosing this existence. Have they gone backwards in the mental you know, capacity of modern living standards, or are they really something just a little bit different I don't want to find out because I saw this really bad episode of American Horror stories were revolving around a missing person, and it really freaked me out for being completely fictional. It scared the shit out of me, and I really don't want to be it's about the park ranger in one of the observation towers and I'm missing person. It's something else, it's something else, but you know again, then he got Trenny Gibson and Mike Harrom which wasn't familiar with Mike. The Mike Aaren disappearance, I'm still not too quite familiar with. Adam Davies talked about it a little bit. Always focus on you know, we focused on Dennis Martin quite a bit. There's other people, though, that do deserve their due diligence and in the reporting of what happened to them and their disappearances. So maybe as we progressed down through this and inspired a little bit more by on the trail of Bigfoot the ancients, we do a little bit more investigating into some you know, missing people. Just because we're a Bigfoot show doesn't mean we can't really look into some serious topics that are worth examination. We are more than Bigfoot. We are Bigfoot cryptids, mysteries and conspiracies or whatever the hell the new tagline is that we've come up with that We very prarely promote what else you guys got on it, Henry, other thoughts that you've had on the documentary, Like you were as soon as you got that man, you were on it, and you were super stoked. Like when we had to cancel last week, I thought you were going to drive up here and hit me you were ready for this show. I was ready.
Speaker 7: I was to talk to Seth about all this, but obviously we haven't been able to lock him down for the show.
Speaker 3: But we're gonna have to do a pre record with Seth because Monday nights don't work out so well. So we're going to do a pre record and we'll get We'll make it work for the listeners. Don't worry, we'll make it work for us. We'll make it work for Seth. Sounds good because I know you really want to get on that topic. Vance any final thoughts.
Speaker 1: I would say on a final thought once you if you do watch this, and I would encourage you to watch this, get past the first maybe ten minutes to understand what the intro is. But once you get past that, I think it's a very intriguing documentary and you're gonna learn a lot more than what you probably know already. And that's the big value of what I took away from this is that I took away a lot more than what I knew twenty minutes before I started watching it.
Speaker 3: Loaded with information, loaded with a fantastic story. I guess I don't have you know much more to say on it. Besides, it was it was long. It was about two hours. It was worth maybe a little over two hours worth every moment I invested in it.
Speaker 1: It's probably wait to spend on Saturday afternoon.
Speaker 7: I'll tell you that.
Speaker 3: It is, and it's well done. It looks good. The talking heads they have it or anything but boring. Take a chance, watch it, enjoy it, and then let us know what you think in the comments below. Please do the YouTube channel you can find pretty well.
Speaker 7: It does flow pretty because it's almost ten and a half hours, but it just flies by.
Speaker 3: Most.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say this is with the with really anything from STM. It's high quality and just the flow of how the the documentaries and in the movies go through. It is just such a it's a it's a great pace and really I can't I can't say enough of good things about their productions out.
Speaker 3: There, right, And that's that's what we have on it. I'm sure Henry's got his written review. I'll post my written review in the Patreon and on Amazon. Uh, if you folks watch it, do the folks at STM a favor and leave them a written review, help them promote it, just like we asked you to do for us. Rate us and review us. We have one knucklehead that really likes to leave us a bad review every show. I don't know if I punched his mom your error or always won I know coming back and they like that. Yeah, well it's until it keeps driving our ratings down and throws us down the I do. And you should care about ratings too, vance Yeah I.
Speaker 1: Do, but I don't care about one individual.
Speaker 3: Well, one individual makes a difference. And so folks out there that are listening, please do us a favor and overcome that one person. Rate us and review us, Spotify, Apple podcasts, leave us a thumbs up or in a middle finger, whatever you need to do, just make sure you're giving us feedback because the show is for you, the listeners. We thank you for bearing with us, going through another one of my rants. Just coming back after a few weeks to join us. We'll be back again in two weeks, well, not next week, the week after with another program. We've got some exciting shows coming up for especially if you're a fan of bigfoot books. We're gonna have some good authors joining us to talk about.
Speaker 7: There's one quick thing I want to plug, and that's a channel and website called Bigfoot Forensics.
Speaker 3: Yes, very good, Henry.
Speaker 7: You guys should check it out. If you haven't checked it out already's Bigfoot Forensics dot Com.
Speaker 3: There you have it, bigfoot forensics dot com. Henry, why don't you do us a favor, my friend, take us out with those dulcet tones. You'll be good or be good at it. There you have it, folks, We'll see you next time.
Speaker 12: You've been listening to Sasquatch Experience. Please rate interview where this podcast has been consumed. To share your experience, visit us on Facebook, our website, or email us info at Sasquatchexperience dot com. Keep on squatching